Speaker 1: Hey, before we get started, be sure to head over to ham Radio two dot com forward slash email Dash sign up to join my email list of over nineteen thousand subscribers, where I like to send emails about upcoming events, upcoming shopping deals, keep you updated with all the stuff going on with my videos. Once that list reaches twenty thousand, I will be doing a giveaway of another HF radio sign up today and thank you for the support. I don't know, Freddie, we might have some of that on next weekend. Brother blowing snow sideways in Oklahoma right now? Yeah? No, thanks. I don't know either snow or you know, either snow or get or be windy. Don't do both, don't. I don't think I want to. I don't think I want to have both out there or not. But hey, guys, good evening. Seriously, it's weird out here because this shack is actually a shack in my backyard. Gosh, I just bump that it's actually a shack in my backyard. And I'm not inside my house and inside my shack, so the building's small, I can hear everything. It's not moving. The building's not moving, so I should be thankful for that, but it's a it's a it's a bit weird, a bit weird. I can hear I don't know something. Something's moving around out there. I can hear it. But all right, good deal. Hey Ham Radio two point zero live stream Sunday night. Thanks for joining us. I hope everyone's staying warm.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: It is a new year. Happy new year. If I have not spoken to you since last year, Happy new Year to all. Thanks for being here tonight. Special shout out to folks in green text in the chat. Wayne, I saw you in there, Buddy and W five WNR. I saw that you said you got your battery arrived a few days ago, so good deal. Congratulations on that, Tom W B seven O U T I see AA zero am in there, Tim gray Man Poda, thanks for joining, Freddie Max in there, him Radio Crusader, W five WLG Wayne Brian to see you in there. Thanks for joining Vic, Stephen Vick again. Who else is in there? Let's see Chris Radio in life, Ron Can for z VU thanks for joining us tonight. Is O's in the house, h He says he has his cigar. Hopefully it's not too cold where you are, of course, it's probably always cold where you are is zoh. So he said it's thirty five early. Okay, so that's with the wind show. I think it's gonna be slower. It's colder than that here. So Michael don in five SKT dark Side Overland, what's up Patrick? We were just talking about some overlanding trips a minute ago. Patrick mentioned that probably talk about that a little bit during the stream here. So couple of things. So I had mentioned, uh, we're gonna get started here in just a minute with grid tracker two two. They got a two behind it. I'm gonna try to talk him into make making it two point zero. But you guys, uh, you be on my side when we bring them on here in a minute. So, but first saying, I had mentioned on the Happy Hour last month that I have budgeted some money for twenty twenty five, and I now have. Frank, I should have given you this, but I didn't. I now have the first sign up form for the first ah Chef Radio giveaway for twenty twenty five. Ham Radio two dot com forward slash January twenty five, should take you to this form Hamradio two dot com forward slash January twenty five. I know, yeah, you probably won't be able to spell January correctly, Frank, so let me yeah, there it is right there. I will share this in the chat here we go. I'll put all these links in the description below as well or in when the video when the livestream's done. So January Hamradio two dot com forward slash January twenty twenty five will take you to this sign up form name, email addressing, call sign. Even if you're on my current email address, you need to sign up on this new address. You will not get duplicate emails, but this list will be all the people who sign up for the HF radio that will be given away at the end of this month, probably a yay zuo Ft eight ninety one. Probably probably a yay zu Ft eight ninety one, because I got picked one of those up on the Let's make a Deal gigaparts thing, and when I ordered, I said it would be two to four weeks before its ships, which should be before end of January anyway. But I got a ship and notification from them last week, so it's very possible that thing's gonna arrive sometime in the next few days, and of course I'll take pictures of it whatnot, So we'll talk about it then, but yeah, probably the Yazoo and if not, I have another I have an icon coming as well, so we'll keep you posted on that. But you guys go sign up for that. Good luck to you. We will talk about that on more live streams and do the drawing on probably the last live stream of this, probably the last live stream of January. We'll see, I'm gonna hammer that out. We got the nice we got the folks from winter field Day coming on in a couple of weeks, and we've got the folks from ham Kash coming on the weekend after that. So we've got some cool live streams upcoming for you guys. And I had talked about speaking of some overland stuff. So I got hooked up with a group called Agape Overland out of North Texas, and they do they do. They do kind of spur the moment trips like they've done. They did a they did a camp out at LBJ Grasslands sometime in like mid December. They planned one for New Year's Eve, and I went out there and hung out with him for a few hours. And then they already have and they kind of spur the moment to this. Yesterday they went out to place up in Oklahoma, Blue Lake at the Blue River something like that, do some trout fishing. They got trout stock ponds up in Oklahoma, only about two or three hours away. So this really cool. Anyway, So we're gonna do We're gonna do a ham radio two point zero gathering, kind of like a test bed, a gathering up here at some point. This is a PoTA spot. It's dispersed camping. It's free. We drive off the end of the place. You can drive off the road and camp anywhere that's within like ten or twelve feet of the road, and there are some exceptions for that. There is a pavilion in there. You can I think, I think you just reserve it. I don't even think it costs anything. I don't think it. But the whole thing is a PoTA spot, and I really really want to do a camping overnight camping gathering, something for folks who are interested in off roading but also ham radio at a PoTA spot. It's been my hope to do that for the last year and a half. So we're gonna do that. No dates on that yet, We're gonna talk about it soon. We're gonna also talk about the more expo upcoming in about four months in April, so more to come on all of that very soon. Sign up for the giveaway and just be thinking in the back of your head if you want to if you want to go camping, overlanding and do some PODA with this, that's going to be a thing very soon. All right, that's enough of me talking. Let's go ahead and bring on the team here. Tag Bo, how are you guys doing tonight? Good? How what's the weather like where you guys are? Where are you at?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always cold in Oregon, isn't it well this time of year? So yeah, okay, all right, good it's wet. Yeah, yeah, I imagine so cool. Bo, you're a You're in an r V in Arizona, not too far from Courtsfest.
Speaker 4: Went to Courtsfest this year when the last couple of years, but the timing didn't work out. So we're heading to Tucson soon. Oh okay, at a BLM campground right now, which I just realized he's close to National Historic Trail, So yeah, missed a POTO opportunity.
Speaker 1: Nice nice, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, sorry, guys, I fixed the My bad, My bad, I was I was trying to keep frank out in my ear and nobody can blame me for that. So tag once again to introduce yourself. Tell us where you are because I had you muted by mistake on that part.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm Tag Willmas. I'm in Lebanon, Oregon, and it's about fifty degrees out rainy and cold rain.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Now, Tagger, you the original creator of grid Tracker. Am I wrong about that?
Speaker 2: You are correct?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: I released it in February twenty eighteen. I worked with Henry Forte and two VFL. He worked on the data with me, but that was all the grid squares for all of the dxccs. There was a lot of initial work we came up with. And then yeah, so it's coming up on seven years.
Speaker 1: Wow. Nice okay, And this one's called grid Tracker two point oh. All right, well I want to I'm gonna call it. I'm gonna call it two point oh. That kind of just rolled off my tongue these days, though.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's actually called grid Tracker two when you download it, and and it's the executable files a grid Tracker two. And I got that all installed up and we're gonna look at that here in a second. So what what are some of the major updates you've made to it to make it a version two. There's actually been a lot of updates to it. I had Sebastian on the live stream two or three years ago and we went through what grid Tracker did you know how to do? Certain things, went through the menus, whatnot. Was really great. There's been a lot of updates since then. So what makes this one version two as compared to some of the other So we.
Speaker 2: Ran into an issue. We were using an old framework called Node webcit also known as nw JS, and so that allowed us to be cross platform on Mac, Linux, Windows, and it was starting to show with Age wasn't staying up current with bug fixes, and we were getting a lot of issues on older Windows systems and max Firewall, and there new entitlement issues for apps on the Mac. So unless you were following all the rules, our app was going to stop working very soon. So we decided to convert to Electron, which is another it's a similar system that uses Chrome and Node together to create a Basically you're running grid Tracker just like Discord or Spotify, is all running Chrome Engine, so you're running a Chromium web browser with a node back end to talk to hardware and and so that gives us cross platform ability. And that's where bo Gunderson came in and helped out with our conversion from this old system NWJS to Electron. So that's that's where the two point oh comes from.
Speaker 1: Gotcha.
Speaker 2: And then we've we've added new projections driven by both. He wanted to see what we where the how the intent is working. Uh, you know as far as the distance right now are on a two D map where what we call them a cater projection, when you see a signal, you'll see an arc and right, So we have a new projection which is from your perspective, all transmitting lines are straight because that's how the actual uh you know, on a on a sphere, that's how the signal is propagating, is a straight line. So now you can we can now display that on a on a map. And that's been a big part of things to both. So good interesting.
Speaker 5: I like that idea because you're you're right, it's not the arcadia of projection going across right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: And so we had some We we fixed some things with the call roster. There was a lot of issues with actual log loading. We had some discrepancies with UH filesloading out of order. That is, we would load confirmed before we reloaded your cute you know, your unconfirmed QSO files. So there was a lot of issues with the one point zero code base that we just needed to clean up, and so we took a six week break of not updating version one, converted to electron, started with the new maps, made some changes to the UI a little bit. You know, we didn't leave everything in the you know, on the floor, but there were some things that we threw away. The old audio alert system was completely out of sync with the call roster. So if you had said that you were listening to live band and mode and the call roster and you were listening to mixband and mode in for your audio alerts, then when you got an alert, you didn't know why you weren't seeing it in the call roster. So now we've synchronized them both. So you know, we need to get an audio alert you know why. If you look at the color roster you'll see it there. So and you can independently turn them on and off. For things you're interested in. So in my case, like six meter, when I'm on six meter ft eight, I want to know new grids, but I don't really I'm not hunting states at that point. So I can have six meter grids enabled for audio alerts, but I have them both enabled for the call roster, so I can see them both pop in, but only if I'm not at my desk. If I hear a new grid from my computer, I can run over and work the station.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's cool, Okay, all right, good, And with a call roster, you're you're hunting for specific call signs.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for grids and states on six meters, okay, so on other you know, other bands like ten meters, I'm looking to look states or grids or d xCC.
Speaker 1: But yeah DXCC on ten meters for sure. So okay, okay, good, okay, Well let's switch on. Well, bo, do you do you have anything to add to that? I don't want to leave you out of the conversation, so.
Speaker 4: Uh no, Just you know, my contribute contributions have been relatively modest. You know, I'm a new contributor and helps a lot with the electron conversion because I maintain some other electron apps works really well. Notorization and signing for mac os is a is a benefit of that. So if you if you see my name in the like, you know signed by if you're on Mac that's why.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, and Windows as well, you're signing around.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I have yeah from a from a yet a different electron app. I maintained, got all the Windows stuff ready, So yeah, it's a ton of improvements. I've used it a bunch for PoTA activations, uh as as we have been beta testing it. Uh, and yeah, I'm excited about all all the new stuff tag has added.
Speaker 1: Mostly is uh, does it run natively in Linux? Yes, it does. It does Debian flavor or something else.
Speaker 2: We have packages for every Linux flavor except really except for uh, Intel we do not support.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's that's probably what about rasbiyan or just Raspberry pios.
Speaker 2: It works on Raspberry five five through three. Three is really painful, uh, but it does work for It's a a little sluggish depending on what you have on screen. Sometimes some people will have to disable three D acceleration, but not everybody. And on the fives it works like a dream.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about on a four?
Speaker 2: Oh oh sorry, Yeah, on a four it works pretty good.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Yeah, I just I'm working on a I had mentioned on another video. I'm working on a kind of like a what they call a cyber deck, and it's just basically a Raspberry pie minds a Pie four with a big hard drive. That's all this stuff that's downloaded on it. It's already installed, so you can go out into the field and connect it to your radio and use everything. But you don't have to be on the internet to do it. So but yeah, that if it's uh if, and I think I already got I think I'm pretty sure already get downloaded grid tracker two for that, because I sent you that. I think I sent you a message and said it's it's called an installer dot exx, which sometimes that means you download a little file and when you click on the installer, it does this web get from from the website. And I wanted to know if it was a full installer that you downloaded or just a web geit, and you told me it was the full thing, which is my preferred way to do it, obviously, So but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so caveat the caveat to that is the call sign databases US call sign and call signs. Those are pulled after you've installed it. So maybe one time before you go out in the field down, you know, let it, let it go, grab the databases it needs, and that's all you need. But it will still operate without you, just won't be able to see the call sign. I'm not the states where a US callers are coming from.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, fair enough, fair enough, it's good, good, good. I see some questions in there, Frank, Are you on top of that?
Speaker 5: Yes, I okay, watching you in the background for any questions, and I'll be uh interjecting them if where they make sense or holding them to the end.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, all right, So let's just uh, let's just pull this up right here. So I've got I've got Griod tracker running. This is this screen over on the left hand side of my screen, right here, and I can easily zoom in and out of you can mouse over this and tell who that station is that's there, and the yellow is I lost the legend it was telling me a second ago the yellow is grids. I don't have the bluest grids. I do have or I may have that backwards.
Speaker 2: The yellow are your worked okay, and the green and blues are are live. So actually, if you go to the Matthew filters on the right there and yes, select data and select the data from logbook to live and light. No not that. Then a few more down or it says logbook and live, change that to.
Speaker 1: Just live logbook and live, just live. Okay.
Speaker 2: So here here's just live track okay. That your radio is here.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The other is what you've worked, so you can you can switch between them. But for me when I'm working, I keep the clutter on the screen down. But it's you know, user preference.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yes, yeah, exactly. Yeah. Now, the I don't know what the name of the window is, but there was a window in the older version that had just the list of call signs everything was hearing that was being shown on the map and it was like on a window to the to the side or something, and I'm that's the call roster okay, so that's probably this right, Yeah, that's what I'm looking for right there. Okay, good, I'm gonna put that over top of this right here. So there's your call roster there, Okay, all right, so we can. And I noticed that the band was you know, you pretty much had to tell it which band you were on.
Speaker 2: On the old one, Nope, you always were able to select auto. And if you check auto, whatever WSJKX set to is, what is the grid tracker set to?
Speaker 1: Okay, I was. I had it set to auto earlier today. When I was I was kind of fiddling with it and it was show. And when I moved it to ten and I was on ten meters at the time. When I moved it to ten meters, a bunch of the squares changed. So maybe that was because of this this mixed and live thing that I was on before or this I'm sorry, this live and I had it on logbook and live.
Speaker 2: Right, And so you'll see when you have a on that and you're switching bands, you'll see your different work for that band in mode.
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Joh Okay, that makes sense? Okay, good? Yeah, So the good thing is right here. You can see who's the second column. The first column is the call sign right here. It might be a little bit small on the screen for you guys, just to you know, maximize the window there. And this call sign is your first column. Here in the in the call roster, and the second column is the station that they're talking to, or if they're calling CQ, they're highlighted in green like that. So it's really easy to see who's calling CQ, right, And I've always thought that was a neat And you can click here, I can. If I click there, my radio will start calling back to that CQ station.
Speaker 2: If you click their call sign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you click the call sign, okay, okay, that's what it is. And then go ahead.
Speaker 2: You can filter at the top. We have exceptions at the top right where you can define only wanted and CQ only and that will reduce all the clutter to more things you're really interested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 2: So you're not seeing all the traffic from wsjt X.
Speaker 1: Right right, Okay, it's good. And then can you can you switch from well, if I wanted to just see DX, would that be not my DXCC or only my DEA, not my dxc C, not my DXCC. Okay, all right, so right now now I'm on twenty meters now because ten meters kind of died. I'm seeing Chile, Dominican Republic, the Azores in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 5: Is while you're talking about the context, is there a way to filter out duplicates or stations you already worked for the day.
Speaker 2: Well, for PODA, that's automatic, so stations you've worked that day will will filter out. It filters out. If you want to click new calls, stations you've never or that you've worked won't appear. And so that's another exception.
Speaker 1: Hmm okay, Now Ka zero A Z's s is calling me right now. So if I double click, you have to double click on it to go back to them.
Speaker 2: Just left, but.
Speaker 1: Just left click, hold on actually left click.
Speaker 2: I think you may need to respond via wsjt X.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well I can certainly do that turn that off.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The one of the one of the things about the call roster and its ability to control w s at X is it's not actually controlling it. It's asking w s jt X to reply to this message. Ah okay, and so WSJTX we ask it and it's up to it to respond with transmitting or it could not, you know, not do anything. So we had a user today discover a new issue where they were transmitting yesterday they called a station that wasn't calling CQU. They clicked on it in the call roster and it was transmitting. Today it wasn't, and we discovered why that is if the hold the TX frequency is not checked. If it's not checked, wsjt X will not start transmitting to a you know, will not reply to a decode unless that station's calling CQ. And that's to prevent users from okay, interjecting in the middle of a Q soo and transmitting on the same offset as the person they're in a qso with.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that makes sense, that makes sense. Okay, Okay, cool, I just make contact with K A zero A Z S and I wasn't calling, so I assume that assume he's probably in the chat right now.
Speaker 2: So, and that would that would be Randy. He's our main QA guy. He makes Okay, everything we produce is at least smoke tested before it goes out the door.
Speaker 1: Okay, I admit, you know, I've used grid tracker a whole lot here in the shack, but I have never used it on a PODA, so that that intrigues me. I think that would be really fun because you just I always I always wipe my w s j t X log when I when I go to PODA and I have it set. I have the color scheme set where everything is like deep I think it is. And then and then as you work stuff, you know, it changes shades depending on grid and state and DXEC entity and all that kind of good stuff. So but I always like that because when I work at station, it goes, it turns green, turns that station green on my on my list there. So I always always say, okay, guys, I'm gonna go green with FT eight here stand by. But but it's fun to see all the stuff you have worked when you're starting fresh from a fresh log that has no data and no information in it, and you can you can clearly tell who you have and have not worked literally today on this activation. Now, I've always thought that was a neat thing to do. So okay, cool, Well, let's dig in through some of these menus over here. If you don't mind, it.
Speaker 2: Can turn you jump into our new view. The one we talked.
Speaker 1: About that was absolutely, yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, asimole. Actually, bo, wyn't you introduce it because you're yeah, I wanted it.
Speaker 4: As zimmthyl equidistant and it's it is a map projection where from from the center of the projection. Any any line from the center is gonna be straight. It's not going to be like great great circle route, or rather the great circle route is straight. And so uh if you compare any of those two lines, you can compare them because they're they're straight lines and and so you know, like the distances make much more sense visually to your eye. So yeah, if you if you click it's that second icon in that in that big yet that one right there.
Speaker 1: Toggle as as you're gonna have to say that words.
Speaker 3: As I say it as zimthal. That might be wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't ask Frank to say it. I can't even pronounce it though, So okay, yeah, ast me let me maximize this just for the sake of this demonstration.
Speaker 4: And yeah, and so your your q t H and you've got to update your q t H so that it's going to be center on your location.
Speaker 1: Where do okay, where do I? Where do I update? This is a pretty fresh install of grid Tracker, So where would I.
Speaker 4: It's I mean tag correct me if I'm wrong, but it should be getting it from w S JTX.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in your settings and next to your call sign is where you should specify your grid and it should change.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, I know that's correct. Yeah, Echo Mike twelve call sign. That's yeah, that's correct. It's all correct.
Speaker 2: The grid.
Speaker 1: Yes, in ws J t X, my grid is Echo Mike twelve. And that is where I'm at.
Speaker 2: Okay, click on settings and then go to general and check your grid. It would be the green gear next to creative gear.
Speaker 3: I always lose that one too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's oh, I see it. I see it's okay, and go to grid.
Speaker 2: And what is your grid square?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: I keep pointing at that.
Speaker 1: It's it says center grid square. Echo Mike twelve. It's correct. Okay.
Speaker 2: Why don't you enter it again or change it and then change it back? Not seen this?
Speaker 1: Okay, there we.
Speaker 2: Go, There we go.
Speaker 1: Is that is that correct?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, let me change it Backy. I just changed it to thirteen. Okay, so this is how it should look. Yeah, exactly, Yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a new issue we've not seen before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a pretty fresh install. I've been out of town for the last three nights. It's actually the last weekend of a regular hunting season in Texas. So that's where I've been. So I installed this about noon today and uh, and I haven't really done much with it since then, but I but I did see that it pulled in all my information as it should from WSJTX. But and this wsx JTX log is very, very old and long, so I've been compiling it for a long time now. But which is I think a good thing. But yeah, okay, good.
Speaker 2: So now it's kind of hard to see since you're like centered in the United States, yes, seeing the distortion as much. So if you if you zoom out, okay, and you'll see what we're what what the layout will start.
Speaker 1: To change and oh yeah, how it's kind of curved over there. Europe is like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you keep zooming out, you'll see, yeah, a lot more distortions.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, and then it has a so so this guy here straight line two uh the congo wow? So yeah this D two U Y and the congo is as working KB nine N A L.
Speaker 2: It looks like so if you notice from some stations to other stations, they'll still be some curves, but any any transmissions to you or from you from your Gritzkert will be appear as a perfectly straight line.
Speaker 1: There's somebody was just calling me just then. Yeah, somebody looked like they were from California.
Speaker 2: So okay, and so we've added range rings, so there's a ring around at twenty five kilometers.
Speaker 1: And so that that's what this big circle here means.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that's adjustable. You can change it in settings map if you don't like it, or if you want tighter, or if you set it to zero, you'll disable them.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, okay, twenty miles. That's that's pretty wild. Okay, let's see who's calling me. Uh, I don't see it now, so call me again if you want to. Okay, Well, I I like that view. I think that's a neat view. I think that's a really cool thing that we couldn't do before. So that's good. That's really good.
Speaker 4: It kind of makes what you can see make more sense because there's no map distortion, so you can kind of get a sense for how the band is right, Like if you if everybody you can see is kind of grouped at that twenty five hundred kilometer mark, you get a sense for the skip zone, whereas on the previous projection you kind of had you could get a sense, but there was also like the map distortion to contend with.
Speaker 1: Right right right, Okay, okay, okay, apparently that's me calling to k I six t am but he stopped responding to me, or we lost propagation, whatever the case may be. So okay, well, yeah, I think that's a great view, very cool. Okay.
Speaker 2: So one of the cool things that we discovered we started to visualize if you zoom out and then turn on the prediction layers and we support for the EPI prediction layers and the probability of Aurora, they warp around the map as well, and so with the probability of Aurora, you can actually see there were borealis the potential for it as predicted by NASA which is updated every thirty minutes, and that's also supported on the main map. But it actually looks pretty neat because it's circ.
Speaker 5: Question along the same lines. Do you have gray line?
Speaker 2: Well we do. We do have gray line on the two D map, where it's problematic on the a q D, which is about we just shortened it. It's a e k D projection for uh, we don't support it as a right right now, we want to, it's just getting the map to support it. The there's also many gray line UH algorithms out there, and they all support rendering on a two D map, not in an a not in this projection, So so it'll take us some time to get it supported.
Speaker 1: All right, So you're talking about different map layers. Where do I go to change that?
Speaker 2: So if you there's a question mark where it looks like a skip arrows, it's right next to the radar button on the middle, just below the gear. Yes, okay, So the first one is the the.
Speaker 1: That's the MUFF m UF the multiple maximum usable frequency right.
Speaker 2: And then then the the end the verse what end this I forgot the name of it.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 2: If you click it again, I'll go to the next one, which is the vertical version of the muff. And then you clicked it one more time, which is the E P I the E S prediction, and then one more time gives you the probability of aurura.
Speaker 1: Oh so okay, so the probability is up there right now.
Speaker 2: So if you zoom out, you'll see it. It's on both the north and the south. Keep going you'll see the.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, oh nice, that's pretty cool. Oh, it's almost like you guys built in uh the the geochron to this or something.
Speaker 2: So discovery, that's what I call it.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, yes, for sure. Okay, So what is uh no, not that one? So if we go back to E F E P. I, what are these colors representing here.
Speaker 2: The probability that you'll have es.
Speaker 1: Scatter okay, and that it's the the like the red more probable or less probable.
Speaker 2: White is the most where it starts to go black, it's almost one guaranteed. But again, nothing of it is guaranteed at all. Yeah, you're dealing with six meters and scatter. Okay, Okay, if you click down down on the lower right of the map, there's an attribution that should say if you click it will actually take you to their website where this where we grab this image from. Tell you more about how how they decide what those colors actually mean and okay, and what we're seeing. So we just provided the.
Speaker 1: Layer I see. Okay, Okay, okay, good y'all hear those sirens? Good okay, I'm sorry to going by outside Joe.
Speaker 2: All right, all question, somebody asked Digital Dreamer how current is the data? So most of These are updated every thirty minutes. Some are updated every fifteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, okay, I'm working you guys. I'm not trying to ignore you, so sorry about that, but we are. We are demonstrating this software here. So somebody had asked about the settings button. They said, that is the setting button been removed? No, it's right here. This this green gear, second row, fourth button from the left. This is the settings button right here. If that's the settings you're talking about, but it's still in there, or.
Speaker 2: You can press controls at any time.
Speaker 1: I'll take you to control s. Okay, okay, all right, good to know.
Speaker 5: I had a quick question Jason about the windows you had. You had white windows show in a waterfall and your radio settings. That's not great tracker, that's another application.
Speaker 1: Writing your radio talking about this right here?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Or is that an integrated pain to good tracker?
Speaker 1: This is? This is Flex radio. Okay, so we're we're yeah. So I'm using Flex Radio smart SDR on my Flex the way I've been doing for years and years. But we're not really fun and it's just a single slice to emulate what i'd call a normal radio, a non SDR radio perhaps, But yeah, This will work with anything. This will work with anything that's w W S j t X is running. I have the Flex radio software up here running right now because that's the radio I'm running. But you could do it with Icon and ken Wood and everybody else. So yeah, but that's just that's all that is right there.
Speaker 5: Are you ready for some questions here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go ahead and hop into the unless uh unless tag you want to take us to show us something else real quick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about you, bo, do you want to jump in?
Speaker 4: I think we've I don't have anything cued up in terms of uh uh new features, but maybe maybe the questions will.
Speaker 1: The questions will, the questions will reveal a lot of that, So go ahead.
Speaker 5: Frank, Okay, awesome. Is there a pot an integration tracker? This is from Dawn.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a PoTA for PoTA hunting, not for PoTA activity. So it's we put a lot of effort into hunting, but not so much in activation quite yet.
Speaker 1: So you can so if I understand that correctly, you can. You can hunt different parks and it will tell you on the map, you know, color wise, I guess if you've worked that park or not. Is that is that accurate.
Speaker 2: Let's let's reset your map to a you can just turn off the prediction layer. Well, uh, just one more, okay, so I'm sorry. I go to go to settings the settings features tab and under features be under online is PoTA hunting.
Speaker 1: Should Yes, PoTA Hunting is right there.
Speaker 2: That on and then now you'll need You'll see a new button appears in the button panel that's called poda. If you click it, it will show you current parks that are currently on FT eight on okay, twenty meters. I believe that's where you are. Yes, So if you mouse over one of those parks, it will tell you who's there and what they're doing with the last Q cell may have been if they're a self spot or yeah, so you learn where they are and who's there.
Speaker 1: Now all of these it looks like a tree looks like a Christmas tree to me without the lights on it the icon that I'm seeing so, and they're all and they're all green.
Speaker 2: Right, So what what this is showing is because your band is set to auto, which is great, the mode is mixed. So what you're asking grid Tractor to show you is everything PODA on the twenty meter band but what you're seeing with the tent is someone who's on band and on mode. So if you if you got thar over a tree, they should be like SSB or CW as their current mode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are these two are there's two two at this park and they're both SSB.
Speaker 2: So if you change your mode over in the Matt view filters to auto, then it will those will disappear and you'll just be left with the ones that are currently on your band in mode.
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Okay, so these are two. Yeah, there was somebody else on uh, Frank, they're down here at your park at Cedar Hill State Park. There was somebody in the.
Speaker 5: Chat off there that's my park, go home.
Speaker 1: There was somebody in the chat saying they were they were driving through the I think they were driving through the area. There were at US two nine nine six. I'm like, oh, that's Frank's park. Yeah, it's cold, but I don't know if I don't know, if I could work, you might be too close for me on twenty meters.
Speaker 5: Are y'all pulling that data live from the podas site or from every five minutes, but you're not like scraping that through the W S J t X information.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, we have a we have an API that we call every five minutes to get all the park information or the parks that are currently being activated and scheduling, and so we can talk about that here in a minute. But we pull uh, the future scheduling for I think it's the next week worth of park activations that will occur and they'll come in handy here in a few minutes. When I talk about the call roster, it's portion.
Speaker 1: Okay, if I if I want to interact, if I see someone at this park, can I interact with them from this map? Or do I have to go back to the call roster?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, you can write click I believe, and it will generate messages in WS or No, it's left click will generate messages in W S J t X for you to believe left click, left click or I get did I screw that up? I think you may have to interact. This may be broken. Oh, but it's Most people use the color roster when dealing with quota, so right the maps of it, it's eye candy for for for most people. But it kind of gives you an idea who's out there that people are on the air.
Speaker 1: Is there a on the call roster itself? Is there? Oh? Okay? So there's a PODA checkbox right.
Speaker 2: Here, right and when you click it, a new column.
Speaker 1: A new column pops up. I see that. Okay, I see that now, okay, good. Yeah, I'd rather use the call roster anyway. But I was just wondering how to find how to actually work that station if you were to see them active. I don't think this guy's active. He's just it looks like that was uh well it says a minute and a half ago. But I'm not seeing him on the call roster. So he might be out there on the PoTA website, but I'm not able to hear him on my radio. So okay, good, good, good, okay.
Speaker 2: So if you have, like if you turn on only wanted to reduce the clutter, you just see just the PoTA and anything that you're after. There's one. There's one.
Speaker 1: There's one right there.
Speaker 2: But he's not calling CQ or is he.
Speaker 1: He's calling CQ PODA.
Speaker 2: Okay then so yeah, if you click on him.
Speaker 1: Oh I just worked him. Aha, he's green on my screen. Well I okay, no, no, I take that back here. I had I didn't just work it. I've I've got him in my log, but it's probably from another day.
Speaker 2: Right and then, so if you clicked on new calls in the exceptions, he'll still stay there. It's under exceptions tab.
Speaker 1: There's new calls exceptions.
Speaker 2: Tab far right for right right there, up.
Speaker 1: New calls right there. Okay, oh the except Oh exceptions. I didn't see where it said exceptions. I see it now, Okay, all right. Good.
Speaker 2: So even if you've worked them before, if they're calling podah and you're hunting Koda, they will appear in.
Speaker 1: The roster gotcha okay, excellent.
Speaker 2: And the bright pink uh quota yes park id means this is all time new and you've never worked them before. If you've worked them before, they'll appear a little dim okay, dimmer than this bright pink.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. Okay. I wonder if I can yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: Oh, handy. If you hold down control and press plus or minus, it will increase or decrease the font size.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if you could do that.
Speaker 2: You just hold it down and soon right in there we go.
Speaker 5: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 2: I like that, And that works for any of the Windows in your tracker okay, and then if you want to reset control.
Speaker 1: Zero control zero reset okay, okay, Oh I like that. That's a neat view right there.
Speaker 5: That's like a Chrome thing.
Speaker 1: Yes it is. Yeah, yeah, well you said it was running on Chromium now, so that makes sense. Yeah, okay, quick toos.
Speaker 5: On that is this software standalone or do you have to install it?
Speaker 1: All? Right?
Speaker 5: It is? Do you have to install the standalone software or is it incorporated a web browser? Oh?
Speaker 2: It's standalone's yeah, it shipped it basically, It shipped to own its own copy of Chrome and Node together in its own package called Electron, just like if you have Spotify installed or Slack or Discord, same concept. It's its own standalone app.
Speaker 5: So can you take the software and run it in the field without Internet access?
Speaker 2: Yes you can.
Speaker 5: You just won't have any of the live data updates.
Speaker 2: Right, and you can simulate that at home if you you can actually go to settings features and go offline and it will it will make no Internet calls at all. It'll switch to internal maps or we call offline maps.
Speaker 1: Settings and features. Okay, so settings and features and offline mode, that's the first one.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Nice I like that. I like the heck out of that.
Speaker 2: So you click it, it'll switch to satellite map, which was yeah tracker, and yeah, now there's no more internet access.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 1: Nice, Okay, I'm going to turn it back on for this one. But next time I go out to Poda, you're yeah, yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna absolutely do that. That's neat. I like that. All right, go ahead, Frank, I know we got a lot of question.
Speaker 5: Is there a update link or an update button somewhere in the old software or is this you got to download the new one and install the old one.
Speaker 2: Grid Tracker too. Now auto updates, or at least one, it'll prompt you to install on some systems such as Linux, but Windows and Mac are self updated. So when we release a new version, you fire up the version, or within every twelve hours we check and download if there's a new version. When you exit, it automatically installs.
Speaker 5: So software as a service for two. So if I have the old grid Tracker, I have to uninstall that one and install the new one.
Speaker 2: No, we prefer that you don't, because grid Tracker two will import from previous version of grid Tracker one version zero nine zero zero nine twenty two and zero nine eight. We can import settings from it. Any any grid tracker that you have that's older than that, you'll be starting fresh. So if you keep the old grid tracker installed, install the new one will import settings. Then you can uninstall the old good tracker. Okay, but from then on it will self update and everyone should be happy.
Speaker 5: This question. Yeah, that's the play. It all goes out the window once you release the software, and it all goes live. Question.
Speaker 1: I did not uninstall my old grid tracker. I just installed two and it put a second icon on my desktop. I have my old grid tracker and a second icon that says grid Tracker two on it and I just double clicked on that to open this up and it's working fine, So.
Speaker 5: Young nice question from Vick Miller here is well, I need to enter my Logbook of the World, a q r Z or any other logging credit credits or credentials after I install the new software.
Speaker 2: No, provided that you met the criteria V one, that is, having zero grid Tracker one twenty four, zero nine oh eight or zero nine twenty two installed. If you don't, then you're going to have to angry enter your congresses so we tried to uh step this along so people could upgrade, but you know, there's there's really nothing we can do to read the old settings from the old program. So okay, yeah, and you know, and we get a lot of complaints that you know, I have to rea in, I'm my congress. It's like it's it's a password, it's you know, it doesn't seem you know, do you know how to log in you know, Facebook, once you're locked out?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know it's like I forgot my password, Well why didn't you write it down? So so yeah, it's a little annoying, but you only have to do it once.
Speaker 5: See my theory on that is all these autolog and stuff, people like them, but then they forget the password because they have everything autolog in, and then they don't know what their password is. So I like hammering my password each and every time so I'll never forget it.
Speaker 1: And Lord, I'm the same way. I don't. I don't use any password managers.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I mean, if the only place you have your password is saved in like the Chrome auto saved password thing, you can still go look it up from Chrome. It's going to make you enter your system password, but it is safe there in a in a way where you can view the password.
Speaker 1: That's true. I have seen that before. That's right.
Speaker 3: That's saved me a couple of times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I like this question from Chris here. Are you going to try to bring in some of the data from PSK reporter or w SPR data into the map view?
Speaker 2: Great question. Yes, we already do. We support it. And it's a great transition of Matthew and our and our zero oh man in our zero Q suggests we talked about spots. So if you go back to your map view and you've been transmitting throughout this, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure yes, yes, me, yeah, yes, yeah, yeah, I'm I'm I'm reading questions the chat. Yeah, I just work somebody. He said he was on a true SDX. So yeah, yeah, I've been. I've been transmitting off and on and people are calling me perfect.
Speaker 2: So let's go back to the map view truck the main window, and you'll see a spots button. It's on the second bottom row, and the button panel.
Speaker 1: Setting the spots.
Speaker 3: It's far left.
Speaker 1: Oh right here view spot reports. Yeah, there we go. Oh wow, So that's everyone who's hearing me right now. PSK reporter wise what.
Speaker 2: We call the off air Message Service and PSK.
Speaker 1: Reporter, yes, both of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep, So there's you mouse over each of the spots, you'll get a signal report and at the bottom will tell you the source where it came from.
Speaker 1: This, well, that's very cool. I like that.
Speaker 2: And this is if you scroll down, Well, I can't see your legend response down on the lower right of the map, which shows you a time value a slider there in the legend.
Speaker 1: And max age is fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: So if you click on that and slide it left right, you can see you can change the time to me obviously, so you see the last five minutes worth of spots or yeah, we can go all the way up to a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there's the last one minute right there. Oh that's neat.
Speaker 2: Click the spots button again and you'll switch to our heat map mode. This shows you kind of like what the signal strength as far as where you're really being heard of. A whisper is going to be a lighter color and the darker reds is where you're really being heard.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it looks like Indiana is doing good for me right now? Huh? Okay, I do like, yeah, I like that. That's neat.
Speaker 2: Also, I feel like at one more time you'll click off spots and turn it off. Yeah, or you can leave it on. I mean we leave it on on spots all the time.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great. When you have had it off all day, you fire it up. You want to make sure your rings working. I call CQ, I see it light up across the world. I'm like, okay, good to go.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you're working. So yeah, totally absolutely yeah.
Speaker 2: And that's real time and there's no there's no delay. The old grid Tracker, it was a five minute refresh from uh PSK Reporter. We always had our live data so if you were running Good Tracker, other Good Tracker users would spot report in real time. But it was just in grid Tracker two where we support PSK reporters live.
Speaker 1: I'm here, I'm being heard by two stations in Trinidad and Tobago. Nice. That that is cool.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like the heck out of that. Good. Okay, all right, Frank, what else?
Speaker 5: Does this only work with FT eight? Is there any chance for JS eight in the future?
Speaker 2: From Brooks, we've looked into js eight. They there was a kind of a high A remix of w s at X, and the messaging protocol for getting live data from w s at X was modified in such a way from just js A that it's incompatible. It requires polling to get data, and it's just an interface we can't seem to figure out how to make work with grid trackers. So for the foreseeable future, the answer is no, no JSA call unless and we got to work together to figure out how we can get live, real time data without polling. We could support it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's fair. Okay, good, What are y'all calling me now?
Speaker 5: Is there any pdf manuals or wikis available more information to look into.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we we had a fantastic wiki for good Tracker one, but a lot of it doesn't no longer applies. So we are actively working now. Matthew and our zero Q and others are frantically trying to update the documentation and trying to stay ahead of me because I make changes all the time and then they drop in new new clip art for the things I've updated. So but they're they're making progress and we should have it out fairly soon. I don't have a date on it, but we are working on it, and we apologize.
Speaker 5: Hey, man, that's always the last thing done in a developer's mind is documentation.
Speaker 2: Right, I just I write this off. I make it happen.
Speaker 5: Man, Hey, I write code, not documentation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Frank, Frank can talk to you about code for a while.
Speaker 5: Uh. Is there a way to add like radar plots to the asthmuth view, like during the summertime, so you can see storm uh watching storms or storms coming across? This is from Chris. Sure.
Speaker 2: If we go back to the map, you can select the US radar LA.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that looks that looks right. Okay, okay, So here's your storm, here's your storms right there? This is this is a geochron. Where's the International Space Station? How do we pull that out?
Speaker 5: The only thing satellites?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow, but you mentioned it. That's what we're working on.
Speaker 1: That's good. Yeah, totally. Yeah. There's that line of storms moving through the to the east of Texas right now. It looks like it's hitting Baton Rouge right now. That is neat. I like that. That is neat.
Speaker 5: It's not hitting us right now.
Speaker 2: So you want to geochron. Now, turn on the time.
Speaker 1: Zone lare time zone layer. Okay, which one is that?
Speaker 2: The globe with the clock?
Speaker 1: Download this one here Okay.
Speaker 2: Now you zoom out and you can move around and you'll see all the time.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, okay, look at them up there by themselves, just so pu and everybody's got to do their own time zone. Of course it looks weird because of that as as muthal view.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and if you switch back, you just press that ache you button again and you'll switch back to mercater projection that it'll look right.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, I like I like this view a lot. Maybe it's just because it's new, but I do. I like this view a lot. I think it's really.
Speaker 5: Correct for the scaling of lamb masses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yes, yeah, for your radio, for your signals. You know, it's in a straight line and you're talking to this guy twenty five hundred miles away there he is right. No, you don't have to your brain doesn't have to think about why is it curved?
Speaker 1: And you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure. There's case seven car on Poda again. He keeps popping in and out so my propagation, I think twenty meters is starting to fade a little bit. It was a little bit more full than this when we started, but somebody asked me to go to forty meters a minute ago. But oh yeah, casey four l z N. Yeah, I just worked you, so thanks for being out there. Go ahead, Frank.
Speaker 5: Does it also work in Hawaii? For he's just have fun? Though, I'd like this. No documentation equals job security here here here, we're not getting paid man.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right. Yeah, this is free software, so this doesn't apply here. Oh gosh, m all right, what else, Frank?
Speaker 5: I don't quite understand this question. It's from Hank. Is there a new call per band or over for all bands?
Speaker 2: I don't get that.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't understand.
Speaker 5: That was a red word for word no frankisms.
Speaker 1: So all right, type it again, Hank, I saw you in there a minute ago. Type it again. Yeah, that reword that question. Please go ahead, go on to the next one. Frank.
Speaker 5: This is for gray man, So prepare yourselves.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: I use Integrated f T, a program with a smart SDR for my flex on a back. How do I set this up? Integration with the new grid tracker two. Hmmm, yeah for.
Speaker 1: Read that again? He uses what for smart SDR? On amount?
Speaker 5: He uses an integrated FT eight program with SDR smart SDR for a.
Speaker 1: Flex Oh okay, so.
Speaker 5: The integration for the new grid track er.
Speaker 1: Two okay, so he is so for mac os and i os us smart SDR. I don't remember if it's called smart. But the Flex Radio version of mac os and iOS and iOS is not written by Flex Radio. It's written by oh, what's his name? I want to say Dwayne. I think that's wrong though he's a German guy. And because Flex Radio has an open API, so anybody can write software that integrates with it. So but but yeah, so I know what you're talking about. Tim. There's an integrated f T A program inside of that software that is not ws j t X. So he's using the integrated software inside of that mac os program to work f T eight instead of w s j t X. So, in a nutshell, will grid tracker work with a an FT some other flavor of f T A program that is not w s j t x.
Speaker 2: We support j T d X and we ort ms HV. Not on purpose, but as long as the message protocol is the original WSGTX protocol for sending out the the digital messages the API that they support that we support, then it will work. So if it works in other programs, it should work with us, like rum log or.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 2: I forgot the name. Boe would have a better idea, since you're actually the Mac user of the group.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but I think exactly what you said is right. If it supports the WSGTX protocol, then it works.
Speaker 3: If not, then no, it won't work.
Speaker 4: But I like it sounds if he had this working in grid Checker one, it should also continue to work in grid Checker two.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And just to clarify, it's not like we started from the ground up. Grid Tracker two. Nine eight percent of the code is the original code from three one, So okay, we've just been improving it, bug fixing it and adding new things and providing more platforms for us. So you even work on a Steam a Steam deck?
Speaker 1: Oh really? Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you can you know, you can call Roster from the living room while you're watching ev.
Speaker 5: Okay, hey did answer us here? When clicking on a new call in the Roster is a per band, so like in the exceptions, you mean.
Speaker 2: Well, well, okay, so when when somebody appears in the call roster is entirely dependent on what you are looking for. So in the call roster, we have a logbook reference called logbook, and it current by default says lot live band and mode. And so what you're seeing is station's way. If you're on twenty meters or forty meters, let's say, just say you're on twenty meters ft eight. Anything appearing in there you have that in appears in the roster as new something you have not worked on twenty meters in ft eight. If you consider that you no matter what band mode you worked them on, and they've considered worked, you select mixed banded modes for your logbook reference, So it doesn't matter if he worked them on eighty forty thirty. If you hear them on twenty, you won't see them on the roster, and so we do. And it's independence. You put it back to live band and mode, then it's just twenty meter ft eight for exactly.
Speaker 1: So you can switch it back and forth. In other words, yeah, yeah, okay, makes sense. Good, okay, I want to get that question by what's the frequency did you see that, Frank, No, go for it. Okay, all right, So he's asking, and I'm not sure I completely understand. Is there any plans to add support for other laggers like World Radio League or smart Lagger. But I don't know what the logger I'm using right now. If if that's what you're referring to, is just the blogger built into WSJTX, that's the little pop up window is just the WSJTX default log So I have to go in here. If I want to add this all these contacts, I make it. If I want to add them to log book with the World or ham Rady with Deluxe or something else, I have to manually do that. I mean, there might be a way to auto integrate it. I've never done that.
Speaker 5: Matthew answered that question in the check.
Speaker 1: I have news for you it, okay, all right, Yeah, you guys probably know more than I do.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, So if you open settings the green gear and go to.
Speaker 1: Logging settings and logging okay.
Speaker 2: And then you select your service here where you want to forward your logs that come out of WSGT. And we support a log book with the World at QSL club log all the ones here we support loading of local log files if you want to export from other log programs, we don't currently support directly, but we will send to N one mm log for I'm n three f JP d x keeper HRD logbook. We pull from currently qr Z clublog and lowdo and and three f JPS ac lagger we support that. We also support a live mode with ac lagger that if you are not using WSU tips or digital modes, but you are using ac Logger and you are how you're rig connected, we can track whether or not you're using SSB sideband rtt y and get live updates from there as well as when you log an entry in ac log it's automatically added to grid Tracker and added to your map, so it's great for PODA hunting SSB as an example.
Speaker 1: Gotcha okay, okay, good good, good to know? Okay, uh okay, Frank, you have anything else?
Speaker 5: Kevin's asking This is kind of rehashing, but I like it anyways. The green trees in the grid tracker, what do they mean?
Speaker 2: They mean stations that are currently PODA stations, PoTA activators that are not on your current band.
Speaker 1: In mode, that are not on your current band mode Okay.
Speaker 2: A tree with a tent is someone on band on mode, and then once you work them, you'll they'll be on a green mountain with a sunset and says you've now worked that park for the day, and at UTC zero it'll reset back to a tree or.
Speaker 5: A tent if they're still activating.
Speaker 2: If they're still activating, correct, Okay. So oh and one thing I want to mention real quick here. If you're going out to a park and you're an activator and you don't have internet access, please schedule it. Go to the PoTA dot app site and schedule that you're going to be at this park at this time in this window. So when grid tracker pulls that schedule every five minutes, when you do show up and you call CQDA, we know who you are. Don't have to wait for five minutes for self activating, et cetera. So we know what your park idea is, so that when you get a CUSO with you, we report the correct park ID to the PoTA app at the end of the qustone.
Speaker 1: That's what you're talking about the other night when I was on there, wouldn't it wouldn't right, Okay? Okay? I rarely schedule my PoTA activations because I'm usually doing sideband, and who in the world knows what frequency is going to be clear or even what band I'm on, because I will check like ten or yeah, ten, fifteen, and seventeen meters when I get to the park if any of those are up. I'd much rather work anything but twenty meters just because twenty meters is always open. I'd rather work a band that's not as prevalent a lot of times, so I never schedule but with but this is a good point, tag with.
Speaker 5: FT.
Speaker 1: If you're going to go out to a park and work FT eight, which is what I was doing on New Year or the twenty third, I think the no, not the twenty the thirtieth. Yeah, two days before New Year's Eve, I was if you're gonna work FT eight, then it's always the same frequency, so you just put twenty meter ft eight or ten meter ftier or whatever whatever you want to try to do. So yeah, that's it, Okay. I didn't think about it from that perspective because I'm like, I hate doing the pre planned thing because you never end up because you can say, well, I'm gonna be on twenty meters. But where in the world, Well, twenty meters is gonna be opened, probably, But where in the world am I going to be on twenty meters? Because I could be anywhere, So people say, oh, what frequency are you gonna be on?
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: It depends on what's open when I get there. I mean, you can probably find me on fourteen three hundred sometimes, but I don't say that out loud in most videos, so I'm kidding. But yeah, so yeah, But for FT eight, that's a good idea. Okay. I see where you're coming from now with that tag. I was not following you the other night when you were texting me. But okay, good deal, Uh, okay, go ahead, Frank. Do we have anything else? There's one from Dawn up there.
Speaker 5: Yes, let me get back to it. Does it work with the built in FTA in Ham Radio's Deluxe Ooh?
Speaker 2: Probably not?
Speaker 1: Okay, probably not, probably not, Okay. I don't know when he's running. When he is running that demo of HANM Radio Deluxe at hamfests, he has wsjt X running, so I'm not sure. I've never done FT eight with Ham Radio Deluxe. I should do that. I should totally do that sometime just to kind of see how it works. But I'm not sure. I'm not even sure myself exactly how that works. But okay, okay, what else, Frank.
Speaker 5: I think that's all I got. That's all the questions that I wrote down. I'm scrolling back up to see if I missed.
Speaker 1: Daddy Well N five SKT has another question. Can we filter by dx entity on PODA? In other words, can I focus on PODA outside the US and Canada not exclusively?
Speaker 2: So the exception where you saw not my dxc C, it's per session, so it would you would lose everybody. So we don't have independent PoTA exceptions for against the rest of it.
Speaker 1: So okay, okay, but.
Speaker 2: Yes, you turn on not my DXCC, nothing in the roster will be from the US.
Speaker 3: And then I sort.
Speaker 4: You can sort on the PoTA column so that those at least go to the top.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Oh that's another new feature that we added V one, which so horrible, partly because I'm always a horrible coder. I've been just trying to get a lot of stuff in that everybody wants. And then it's the it's the basics that that I miss So it's column sorting are left. Click and hold a column header and then move it to the left of the right.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can rearrange my columns.
Speaker 2: It took me six years to figure out how to do, but we now do it.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, Okay.
Speaker 2: And now in the in the main window, the buttons there, the and the ones that everybody loses track of, you can now sort them and put them where you want, ok can you really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, So I can put settings at the top left because that's when I'm always losing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go. Hey, I'm gonna put Poda up there too, because that's probably the one I'll be using most.
Speaker 2: Now, boom, and we got a new button released on the first is the qth button, the one right next to where you move that.
Speaker 1: Yes, I see it.
Speaker 2: Well, center the map on your on your home square, and so if you get confused off map is zoomed in too far to a point where there's no more map tiles being rendered, you press that button.
Speaker 1: It'll take the press the qth and boom right there. Awesome, Okay, that's good, Okay, sweet, I can't get over that. I really really do like that view.
Speaker 2: And we have I don't know if users know this, but there's I think twenty plus maps. So this is the fault map nick by Open street Maps. If you go to settings map, we have a drop down all sorts of map styles and you have full control over all the video aspects, the grids, colors, and the grids tab with what we called the QSX pathlines q r Z lines between people calling you back so you can make them wider, different color, full control.
Speaker 1: Lots of very cool, lots of settings in there. Okay.
Speaker 2: My favorite now is like gray by during the day and streets down below by night.
Speaker 1: Streets see street by earl or E S R L rother Yeah y S three S free okay, Okay, well yeah that's a neat one. Okay.
Speaker 2: So we're trying to we're making inroads now of not supporting just digital modes. The first has been with ac log getting rig updates from ac log. We would love to support fl digit other digital modes. One of the things I'm seeing is a big gap is the ability to know what the rig is doing. Because one rig or one app WSJTX ac log name it want exclusive access to the rig to get status, And I wish there was a common library, common interface that everybody would use to say, I'm just here. I just want to know what frequency we're on from what band. I don't want to control anything, I just want to read it. If there was a common interface where we can get that info. Ac log doesn't need to control your rig, but it would like to know where you are so you can fill out your logs. So I wish it was a comedy PI that was cross platform that allowed for sure w s g t X to control the rig, but a whole bunch of other apps can just say hey, what frequency are we on right now without having to talk to W s g t X that has to go through the rig. Right. So yeah, and that opens up the door for us to do more interesting things with good trackers. So you can, you know, use it for SSP, for c W.
Speaker 5: Is there a good place for us to reach out and if we have more questions after this more and more like a discord server, yes.
Speaker 2: For too. So our website grid tracker dot org on the right is a community link for our discord server.
Speaker 5: I'm going there now so I can get that link.
Speaker 1: Yep, grid tracker dot org right here and Discord on the right. I've been a member of this discord server for a long time. They were talking trash about me in there earlier before the live stream that and then tag they know he you know he's in here, right. I'm just I'm teased. They weren't really doing that, but no, they were, Yeah, we were. They were talking. They shared this live stream in their in their discord, which I appreciate that so but yeah, so yeah, discord right there at the front of their front of their website.
Speaker 5: I thought I got to go and turn on all the suppression stuff. So yeah, all right, I've been there now too.
Speaker 2: We've been trying hard to make sure that hams enjoy grid Tracker and what we do with our updates. Don't you know, break break the bus, you know, break down I went. I wanted to go play FT eight this holiday season. So guess what we didn't do. We didn't release, so we had a stable version and we just sat on it. So we are mindful that people are now using this a lot, and we are mindful of not losing old features or mindful of people coming from the old version to the new. And there's a little bit of pain if you didn't update you're good tractor V one to the latest before this migration. But you know, it is what it is. But we're trying and we are thinking about you guys. We're not trying to, you know, make anybody's life hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Good, okay, awesome, awesome, And this is yeah it's free. Yeah, it's free.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go download it. We do it, We do it.
Speaker 2: We do take donations, but you know, we're.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone did ask earlier, how can we support the grid track or project? So what what's y'all's answer to that?
Speaker 2: Go to good tracker dot org and click the donate tap and then click there's a there's an icon there with a little hand with a coin on it. Just click it and it'll take you to our.
Speaker 5: Right here at the moneyop to push to, you know, the Apple Store to put it on there, the Apple Store so you can download on.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you haven't developer acount yet hundred hunter bucks a year then, oh yeah, Apple charge is yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we just used mine that I had anyway.
Speaker 5: So it's still it's still it's money.
Speaker 3: It is money.
Speaker 1: It is much.
Speaker 4: I did know three people donated to a grid tracker during during this stream it looks like, oh good, thank you, thank you for doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, good, excellent, excellent, okay, all right, anything else, Uh, this is going to be I'm really looking forward to taking this out on Poda now really am.
Speaker 2: Oh you've got a message odell one thing that we can talk about. Now. There's a flashing message sign right next to your mouth, and it's also on the app right here, and it's also in the window. Yes, they have a pending message from somebody. And then the lower right there, uh huh with the flame, that's a new message somebody saying hi.
Speaker 5: So it's say, built in chat room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's it's uh, peer to peer single right what uses our own service our off message but yeah, so you can talk to And then in the call roster there's a column called omes that you can enable, and that shows all the users that you're hearing who are on either log four OM or grid Tracker with message and messaging enabled, so you can click their call that there that message button and start a conversation with them over the internet. There's been some confusion that when you message here that you're going over there, you're not, or.
Speaker 1: You're going over the internet. Oh yeah, this is I. I used to use this when I was especially when I was on live streams. People would message me in version one. So this has been around for a while, so it's a neat feature.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 1: Cool. Okay, I turned that OAMS column on, so yeah, k E I think that's an eight K E eight jwe is on there. Okay, cool? Good, Okay, anything else that's all I had today? Okay. Well, like I said, I'm looking forward to trying this on Poda and hunting Poda even from here here from the shack, I'm gonna I'm gonna fire this up tomorrow. Ten meters has been hot lately. Oh yeah, on FT eight especially, so I've been working a lot of ten meter FT eight recently, and uh, I'm looking forward to turn this back onto ten meters. It kind of dies down when the sun goes down, which was about two hours ago here, but uh but it'll be it'll be up and jumping again tomorrow, I bet so. I'm gonna try to get back on ten meters tomorrow and and with this new software and see how it works. Good. Well, Tag, thank you much for and bo both of you, thank you, thank you much for being on tonight. This is uh, this is some cool, some cool updates you've made here. I think you're doing a really good thing with very forward thinking and responding to the community, like like you were talking about a minute ago. I think this is a great effort.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh so okay, good, all right, all right, Frank, if you want to do that now you can't go ahead?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, well thank you. Jason. My next live stream over on tank Radio January twelfth. Go ahead and head over to tank Radio and there's the live stream that is up right now. Hit the notify me because it is gonna be an amazing gigapart sales. So if you missed out on the sale that we had a previous live stream, this is your second chance amazing gigapart sale. More details will be announced on the day of at the live stream. This is only gonna be available during the live stream, So go ahead, head over to tank Radio and go ahead and hit the notify me button so when that goes live, you won't forget. And it's gonna be awesome. It's gonna be awesome, and I'm trying to dig up the link. Here we go, Tank Radio bam.
Speaker 1: And Frank has a banner birthday this year like I did last year. Yes it's not the same birthday, but it is a banner birthday.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is a big birthday, Giga parts. It's helping me out celebrating. So this is the first live stream of the new year, and my birthday's new year, so this is the perfect time to do it. So I can't wait January twelfth. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Can't wait. There, good deal. All right, guys, hang out on zoom for a minute. If you guys need to go, that's cool. If if not, to hang out on zoom for a minute, and I'm gonna close us out here. I'm gonna do something a little bit different tonight. So I'm gonna close us out here. Frank, thanks for the help tonight as always, and and then I'll be right back on zoom with you guys here in a minute. So I when when you sit in a hunting stand for I don't know, four five, six hours, you uh, you kind of get bored. So I started getting bored. I love to watch in Instagram reels, started watching Instagram reels and and I found some really cool Instagram reels and I'm like, you know what, this might be something that we can do that I can talk about after a live stream. So we're going to see what how you guys? How you guys like this? But here's what we're going to do right here. I gotta find the right freaking' nope, front find the right template. Here we go right here? All right? So, uh, this one is about negative people. Don't want to be a negative person. And as a YouTuber, you get a lot of negative comments, you get a lot of positive comments. Also get a lot of positive comments on YouTube videos. The positive far outweighs the negative. But negative comment but for some reason, we as humans focus on the negative. So here's a here's a thought about negative people that I wanted you guys to hear.
Speaker 6: If people ruin your life, There was actually a study that was done in two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: It was called the bad Apple effect, where they took groups of fire.
Speaker 6: Life people and randomly added a negative person to some of the group to see how it would affect the group while they were working on tasks. The groups that had one negative person did forty percent worse on all of their tasks and the quality of their work decreased by twenty five percent. They also found that groups that had a negative person had fifty percent more conflicts and more disagreements, which led to less effective collaboration. The crazy part about it, though these sessions were only like thirty to sixty minutes. Some of you have had negative people in your life, your entire life, though, Imagine what they're doing to you mentally.
Speaker 1: If people ruin your nuts, a minute kind of starts over again. So I found I found that, and I found a lot of other ones too, And I found and that just kind of spoke to me, and I thought, you know, it is a good it's a good outlook to put into perspective when you get negative comments about people about anything. There's a lot of back and forth on YouTube comments about bail fans or ruining Ham Radio or you know, we shouldn't be talking to GMRS people or whatever the heck okay, and some kind of outlandish comments. Don't be the negative person. Don't be the negative person in Ham radio. Be the positive person. Be a positive influence in Ham Radio, because that's what's gonna draw more people to Ham Radio and get us, get us to grow as a community. So I just thought i'd share that with you guys tonight, so thank you for joining me. I am going to kick off a new repeater initiative. I was gonna try it, I didn't have it ready quite today, so be watching for that this week. Key up your local repeaters and do and get those more active. We're gonna make twenty twenty five the year of rebirth for repeaters. So seventy three guys, thank you for joining us tonight. Check out grid Tracker at their website, go join their discord. Thank those guys if you talk to them in the discord for being on this live stream. And when they have some new update it's turn in a few months or a year, or however long it is. When they make another update again, we'll we'll bring them back on the show because this is great information. Seventy three to all, and y'all have a good evening.