Speaker 1: How are you welcome?
Speaker 2: So we just wanna I guess let's just dive right into it. But can you share just a little bit about Eddie really just hold on. Sorry, it's just like so I think one thing. Obviously we know in the next week or two Starship five is going to be happening.
Speaker 3: What's top of mind? What does success look like for you?
Speaker 4: Well, it's probably not from a stand point of when Stasha would be ready. It's probably probably is about two or three weeks, but then depends on when we get the FA license. So the that is probably the end of August is my guest's earliest, and it may go to early September, just depends on how fast the FA grants our license.
Speaker 3: And for you, what does success look like?
Speaker 2: I know there's the idea of literally using the chop sticks to capture this, is that still the gold?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 3: Is that what success would look like?
Speaker 2: Or what what is success for you and SpaceX in this next Starship five launch?
Speaker 3: Well, the.
Speaker 4: We would like to catch the mecha the booster in the giant Mexicil arms, which is sounds kind of insane and uh, because this is the this is the largest playing object ever made so to catch it with uh you know, giant robot arms is you know, pluck it out of the sky. Is is pretty insane, but I think it's it's got a decent chance for working, uh my tech. If you take a few kicks at the can before it's actually before it works well. But we're not breaking physics, so success is one of the possible outcomes here.
Speaker 1: So we do want to try to recover.
Speaker 4: The booster we were on the last flight we were able to achieve a soft landing in the ocean or the gulf, in the water and the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 4: So I think people we've seen the real time video all the way down to the splash down and then the other thing were hoping to achieve is.
Speaker 1: Obviously a more robust heat shield.
Speaker 4: So you know, last time, the ship actually did make it to the Pacific Ocean or kind of like the border of the Indian and the Pacific Ocean, and it did like the engines and actually the ship that achieve a soft landing, but that we lost a lot of heat shield tiles and it's kind of amazing that the ship did make it to a soft water landing and that it made it all the wait also splashed down because of lost tiles, and I mean basically I like to like absolutely control with like little skeleton hands. But it managed to make it, but it didn't it didn't get to the exact right location. So because it lost the control authority, it was about I think six miles or so off uh, of course from its landing location. So the time, obviously we want the heat shield to survive intact and the flaps to have full control authority and land at a not not just land softly in in the ocean, but but land at the exact right location that the ship landing is the tough part, meaning like that's because the ship has a heat shield and it's really designed to survive entry, not not to sort of vaporize. It comes down very much intact, and so we need to make sure that for the ship that the reliability of the heat shield is extremely high, and that the flaps and then it can steer to a very precise landing location. Because if it were to break up of a populated area, it's some possibility of debris hitting, you know, damaging property or people, and so we want to be really confident that the ship heat shield is super robust and lands at the exact right location. So before we try to bring the ship back to the launch site, we'll probably I think, when I have at least three successful landings of the ship. You know, and the ship peat shield this time is substantially upgraded. I say, it's at least twice as good, well in some cases like infinitely better, and has a secondary a heat shield behind the primary heat shield. So it's probably a longer explanation than maybe you're looking for, but that's what we're hoping to achieve, is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we could.
Speaker 4: Probably a fifty percent chance ish of catching the booster, and then probably probably better than fifty percent, maybe sixty seventy percent chance of the ship heat shield remaining intact on this upcoming flight, assuming nothing else goes strong.
Speaker 3: So one thing I did want to comment.
Speaker 2: Is actually the X takeovers. Actually you're you're coming through starlink right now, So all the work SpaceX is doing, it's all through starlink.
Speaker 1: Well it's stalling here too, it's as starlink, starlink.
Speaker 3: Starlely connecting starlink.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm testing the stalling money as well, so I'm like alternating between the mainstalling dish and the stallink money dish that typically the stalling money dish is not as good as regular dish because it's a smaller antenna. It's it's not as much UH antenna area as the as the regular dish, So just be clear, like the Starling money is not exactly the same as the other one, but but just smaller size. It's it's yeah, it's it's like you give up a little bit of antenna area.
Speaker 1: For UH, but it's it's extremely portable.
Speaker 4: So it's like I don't know, maybe a quarter of the weight of the regular one, but and and and you'll get about half the bandwidth. So it's it's it's sort of it's powered way. It's like ability to wait ratio is is quite as really good. It's and then yeah, you can just put in a backpack, take it anywhere you want. I think it'd be pretty pretty good as a sort of a backup device for emergency services. So actually a lot of sour first responders and emergency services are you know, looking at having that as just just because it's so easy to just put on a vehicle, and in fact, I know people have put it on Tesla's which is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: We have cyber trucks here with them literally stationed on them to shout out to Teslatino and some of the other ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think like the stallic money especially is because it's so portable and easier to put in places.
Speaker 1: It's just great for emergency services.
Speaker 4: Or if there's like you know, forest fires, floods, natural disasters which take out you know, where you lose the ground fiber and you lose the cell towers, then you still have access to the internet with Astronach.
Speaker 5: So Elion, we're in the market for a starling community. So two thumbs up, good reviews. How do you like it so far?
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 4: You know, it's it's a new product, so we're always like like ironing out little little things here and there.
Speaker 1: But so far, so good. It's looking good. I think it'll be a huge seller.
Speaker 4: And and and also it costs less to manufacture, so that means the terminal cost I think might ultimately get down around a couple hundred bucks, which makes it accessible to luck you know, many many parts of the world where the more expensive terminal, the more expensive Atminalis is unaffordable, so this should be affordable for for you know, much of the world.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't wait to get out to South Padre Island for Selfish regions and have the Starlink Mini to cover this live. But what's incredible is just the access that Starlink is. You can go anywhere in the world and have access like the gap for knowledge is no longer going to be an issue in some of the most remote places, so even making it more accessible with Starlink Mini is just insane.
Speaker 3: Quickly back to the Starship five.
Speaker 2: So Starship four happened, I saw, I was there live on is Leablanca Park. It was an and then even going through the star Factory tour, just what you guys are doing at starbases incredible and how fast you iterate and make changes on the fly as it's you know, each day that goes by, it feels like a century maybe at other places because of how much you guys are changing what you know outside of the heat shields. What were some of the other big findings from the Starship four launch that you guys are implementing for and preparing for for this upcoming launch.
Speaker 4: Well this this this really between each flight there are hundreds of changes on both the ship and the booster. Many of them are very sort of small, but they add up cumulatively to two significant changes.
Speaker 1: So say like if.
Speaker 4: You add changes to the ship of the booster and to the launch site, they're really talking about thousands of changes between each flight. So you're really talented teams of SpaceX working on the stage.
Speaker 1: Zero, which is like the.
Speaker 4: Launch site and stage zeros is as important as Stage one or two. Uh so, the stage one being the booster, stage two being the ship. So Matt, it's there's so many and a lot of them would wouldn't if I got into the details, but people would be like, I don't know what you're talking about, you know, because give me, Well, it's gonna be like like a little valve here, and a line change here, and a routing wiring routing change there, and a bunch of tweaks to the software. And so it's a whole bunch of things that that are not like as easy to describe as upgrading the heat shield.
Speaker 1: And yeah, there's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now there's there's a much more significant change coming in a couple of flights from now.
Speaker 1: I think it's shift seven.
Speaker 4: Where we move the the forward flaps more towards the rear. So this is why it bugged me as a kind of design mistake be made with the ship initially, which is.
Speaker 1: To have the the forward.
Speaker 4: Flaps be symmetric with the rear flaps, where the forward flaps are at one hundred and eighty degrees and and you really actually want the forward flaps to be kind of in the lee of the wind. Because this is I'm courtious about getting into too much technical detail that that maybe doesn't.
Speaker 1: Makes sense if you don't know about like rock.
Speaker 4: Steers itself, as it's kind of like a skydiver where the flaps are like your the Ford flip that like arms and legs, so it's really different from a plane. It's it's like and then the the forward flaps, you really don't want the forward flaps to be visible to the airflow.
Speaker 1: Because the you're really.
Speaker 4: Trying desperately to not have the engine side rotate forward and get into.
Speaker 1: The hot plasma. So the with I think it shift seven, the forward flaps get smaller.
Speaker 4: And they they kind of go they rotate back. I mean they're they're there, They're changed position instead of being one hundred eight degrees. Is like I don't know, maybe one hundred and fifty degrees.
Speaker 1: So, and so.
Speaker 4: The forward flaps are really just used as trim flaps, so they basically in a nutshell, the flaps get smaller and lighter the paler it improves, and and then then this can continue to improves the heat shields, uh, the engines get better, so we're able to run the engines a higher thrust with more reliability.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 4: A really big step change will be maybe in the next year or something like that, where we get rid of the base heat shield and the ship heat shield at the engine the engine side heat shields, so the engines are do not need to be encapsulated. With the next big revision of the raptor engine, which which.
Speaker 1: Is quite tricky, but but that.
Speaker 4: That eliminates a lot of mass at the base of the vehicle and at the base of the ship. The base of the ship and the booster both get a lot lighter, and the engines are more robust.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of starship technical detail here, but.
Speaker 4: And and then also the payload will be comfortably above one hundred tons to a useful little bit, so one hundred tons useful but with full re usability, where the booster in the ship come back to the launch site. Means that the cost per ton to orbit is maybe about one hundred times less than it has been in the past. And this is what would enable life to extend beyond Earth and build a self sustaining city on Mars, which would maximize the probable life span of consciousness by.
Speaker 1: Many millennia, if not millions of years.
Speaker 2: I'm going to pass it over to Calvin after this. But one thing that's incredible about you, Evon is how much in the weeds you are. I don't think I've ever seen any leader at any company be so involved in the weeds. And the fact that you can go as high and as low literally it's just truly amazing.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to pass it over to Calvin.
Speaker 2: But that's just one thing that I've noticed about you, is that you're highly involved in everything you're doing, and you're able to step out bird's eye but also get into the weeds.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I drive the engineering design at the companies, so that that's like relatively unusual, you know, But that's that's I mean, that's I think a big part of why the companies succeed is because I understand the engineering.
Speaker 1: And I know.
Speaker 4: When somebody you know, my judgment whether somebody is great at engineering or design, it's just it's quite good. So in terms of really having the most talented people giving them the most response responsibility, if if you if you don't actually understand the engineering, then then how.
Speaker 1: Do you know that somebody is a good engineer? So those really important.
Speaker 4: So that's uh, I think, you know, we're very talented team, but but in order to know that somebody is talented must also understand the engineering.
Speaker 5: Elon, we're gonna shift gears and talk about Tesla.
Speaker 1: Who that's good.
Speaker 2: This is the Tesla takeover, now the ex takeover, but we do Tesla takeovers all over the world.
Speaker 1: Now that's cool. Thanks.
Speaker 4: By the way, guys, I just want to say thanks a lot for your sport.
Speaker 1: I super appreciated. Thank you, And.
Speaker 2: I know Calvin's going to follow up with a question, but I just wanted to say thank you from our organization for the support.
Speaker 3: I'm literally twenty eighteen and got my Tesla.
Speaker 2: Started driving it, and I can't believe the amount of fun out there on it and fake news, especially even in the Bay Area.
Speaker 1: And so that's always been that way. You know, it's fun.
Speaker 2: Into two getting into this community and creating now these epic events.
Speaker 3: Uh so, but I'll pass it over to Calvin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, elon So obviously a lot of Tesla fans here as well as SpaceX. But regarding on the Tesla side, can you give us any updates on any future models? Obviously the robot taxi is coming up, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't quite I can't do like product announcements.
Speaker 3: At the takeovers.
Speaker 1: Just joking.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think the the you know, a lot of what I've said I said on the Owning School or I try to, you know, say what I think on ownings call. But the the overwhelmingly important thing is is achieving unsupervised for self driving. So this is really profound and hopefully a lot of you have gotten the chance to use uh twelve point five or at least twelve point three point six. So the you know, the Tesla AI team, and it's it's a couple of hundred. It's not a huge team. It's it's just a few hundred super talented engineers. But I do want to emphasize that it's uh, you know, it's it's obviously way more than me, and but it's also it's more than a show. And and uh, it's it's like it's it's it's like tough to recognize like two hundred people, but I just do want to emphasize that there's there's it was actually a little more than two hundred people that that that are really responsible for the full self driving software side. And then we've got a great chip design team because you need the chip to chip, you know, the chip it's going to run on something, So the Tesla AI chip hardware three and harder of full and then upcoming hardware five which will probably be in volume production in twenty six, Yeah, twenty six. There's a really great, great, great trip team. And then we've also got a great training cluster team. Like it's actually very hard to run a lot To build and run a large and video training cluster is it takes a lot of skill and a lot of work. So you know, teams cranking twenty four to seven building the South extension to the gigafactory in Austin. And I was actually just talking the team last night being good progress for installing the servers. But I do it's like some of the people think I just buying video you know GPUs and plug them in and they start the training run, and if you go this is not the case at all.
Speaker 1: It's super hard.
Speaker 4: Actually, the in fact, one of the tricky things that is kind of interesting with if you've got if you've got a large Nvidia training run, or in any kind of like large training run, the power fluctuations are unlike anything you ever see anywhere else, because the the GPU is all running with extreme precision. It's it's like a symphony, like this massive symphony with you know, in the case of the installation in at PA Texas will be fifty thousand. It's like imagine fifty thousand instruments all moving in symphony, and that what that actually causes, it's like actually extremely difficult, like a nightmare electrically because when the when the GPUs go up, the power goes up, and the GPUs go down, power goes and this can happen at like one hundred millisecond intervals. So it's it's actually quite a difficult thing electrically.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a light it's quite kind of like a light show. It's it's.
Speaker 4: The it's just you're just get these dramatic changes in power droll and so you and and when you got fifty megawatts, that can go from thirty megawatts down to twenty megalt wats in one hundred bioseconds, Like that's just very unusual.
Speaker 1: So back up again.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So it's it's actually quite challenged, So shout out to the Tesla team for that is, you know, building and operating the training center. So it's it's it's it's really it's like quite a few pieces of the puzzle that need to be done. And then we've got to record record a lot of data uh and and uh you know, and.
Speaker 1: Feed that into the training system.
Speaker 4: But then the net result is that it's it's really signed to become quite compelling.
Speaker 1: I think with twelve point five, and.
Speaker 4: As I mentioned publicly, we've increased the number of parameters by back to a five.
Speaker 1: Now this one can simply increase parameters.
Speaker 4: One does not simply increase parameters. It's it's uh, unless those parameters are useful and done in the right way, it's just it's it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: You actually have to have the parameters be the right.
Speaker 4: Each parameter is like a number, but the numbers have to be correct, and you can think of what like what what the AI is trying to do is effectively compress reality. So it's trying to say, like, okay, we're taking all this video in trying to understand reality compress it down to you know, a few gigabytes really, although also I think it's gonna that's deadily expanding and we'll probably end up being twenty gigabytes soon.
Speaker 1: But we're trying to compress reality.
Speaker 4: Into I don't know, a few gigabytes is pretty hard. And because our the inference computer in the car is much weaker than say a GPU in a service center. It's it's only got like maybe fifteen to twenty percents much power, and so in order to make if your inference computer is relatively weak, then you have to spend actually more effort on the training side in order to make up for the week inference computer. Anyway, So but it is working. I think it's doing really well, and I think we'll see Wrapp continue to wrap it improvements each passing week.
Speaker 5: Speaking of light shows, Eline, I just want to say thank you for reposting and sharing our late show from.
Speaker 1: X to takeover. Appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Sure, So I want to talk about battery technologies. What advancements are you most excited about in terms of battery technology and how will they impact the range of inefficiencies of future Tesla's.
Speaker 1: Well, the I think it's important to note that even if there.
Speaker 4: Were no battery breakthroughs at all, I think you could electrify all road transport, and all road and transport. Animal ships could be electrified with even if there were zero improvements in battery technology.
Speaker 1: This maybe an important point to note.
Speaker 4: Now there will be improvements in battery technology, but even if they weren't, you could electrify all ground and water transport. For airplanes, you need you do need some improvement in the energy density, the graph metric and volumetric energy density, So you've got to ideally want to have about a four hundred and fifty or five hundred whe house pi kilogram energy density, which you can get. I think in some it's it's all it's getting there, like it's it's it's there, you know, with some expensive cells, they're they're up in that region. But really most of the R and D effort is is in improving the costs.
Speaker 1: Per hour per pert killer what hour, so the.
Speaker 4: Cost of range, like, how do you get improve the cost of the battery pack in order to make the cars more affordable.
Speaker 1: And and then yeah, the.
Speaker 4: I from a range standpoint, I think people are coming to expect a range of roughly three hundred miles I think is being kind of normal, maybe a little above three hundred miles. And that's if you assuming that you're going You're not going, you know, climbing a mountain cold weather, because as as you add more load, the range will decrease.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, if you're going down a mountain, your range will increase. So you know, it's.
Speaker 4: So you know, I think we're really gonna think go starting to see like a normal epa range of above three hundred miles is being kind of a normal, normal standard, and and then just figure out how to build enough battery packs and scale it up. We're making good progress in the Tesla designed cell, which is a designed manufacturer cell, which is there is a hard problem. I mean their entire companies that that's all they do. But the raid progress is good. And but like I said, no major breakthroughs. There's a lot of a lot of work just to say, like how many gig white hours of cells need to be made every year to really transition the world to a sustainable energy economy. It's actually you know, hundreds of Gigo white hours per year ultimately perhaps thousands, and a.
Speaker 1: Lot of it will go to stationary storage. So for.
Speaker 4: Pairing wind power with the stationary battery packs and solar power stationary battery packs, and just overall improving the efficiency instability the grid with with the stationary battery packs. That's that's actually quite a big deal. So yeah, but overall, I feel like things are progressing at a good rate.
Speaker 2: So I've been again, I'm when you think of a lot of the ogs that I've met over the years who've been following to us, I'm fairly late to the game, but it's in. It's crazy even since twenty eighteen, going from you know, being weeks if not days from bankruptcy to how the company has been going from you know, ramping to five thousand Model threes into full self driving. And the one thing I mean you I always knew that I was driving a robot at the end of the day, but never did I think I guess maybe my the you know, I was just limited in thinking that we would ever create humanoids in Tesla specifically, and again how would you say you know as also too. You know, if Tesla is an AI robotics company, you know, how is that to being in the factories and you've made comments about how happening in the world, and so you know how.
Speaker 1: It is robotics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so how robotics humanoids? Just packed at the valuation view and really the vision for the.
Speaker 4: Company right, well, I mean you can think of the Tesla cars as essentially robots on four wheels.
Speaker 1: So the it's really.
Speaker 4: Really profound, and I'd recommend, you know, get just getting demonstrations of the self driving capability to people, you know, to friends and family and stuff. Because if you take up a model through a model y, I mean, it's a good looking car, but it doesn't look like it has like super intelligence.
Speaker 1: You know, it looks it.
Speaker 4: Looks like it's a good looking electric car, but it doesn't look like it's like I mean, I use the analogy like let's say you had a cat and it looks like a normal cat, but actually your cat can talk and jump up and do like a hat and cane dance and do like a musical you.
Speaker 3: Know about car Field.
Speaker 1: Actually, like like let's say Let's say you.
Speaker 4: Had a santient cat that could wook and and do and and and sing and dance. But but people look at the cat on the couch and and and the cat it just looks like a normal cat, you know, until it jumps up and does a song and dance and it's like wha, whoa, wow, what what's that? So so that that's the thing with the self driving is that, yeah, sure, the mal three why they're good looking, normal looking cars, except ours can basically sing and dance and it's intelligent and can drive from one place to another. So so it's just just demonstrating that to people kind of blows their mind. So I'd recommend doing that because that that really that's really key. And then for the Optimus robot, that's really an extension of what we've learned with the car. So the car is a robot with four wheels, intelligent robot with four wheels, and Optimus is an intelligent robot with arms and legs, so that you know, in the case of in the case of optimists, uh, we we have to design uh, every part of the robot from scratch. The you know, all the motors and gears and electronics and sensors all had to be designed from scratch, and also we have to learn how to how to operate all of.
Speaker 1: These motors and sensors.
Speaker 4: You really get to learn a lot about how the human body works, and you realize there's a reason why we evolved this way. You know, the reason why the the muscles that operate your hand are actually located in your forearm because.
Speaker 1: You actually and so you're you know, if you look at your sort.
Speaker 4: Of hand, it's sort of like it's like it's really it's like a puppet basically, and and the puppet strings are in your forearm and and the so I mean, there are a small number of muscles that are actually in the hand, but most of the muscles that operate your hand or in your forearm. So with the current version of Optimists, we actually have the actuators in the hand, but with the new version that we're moving to later this year, the actuators are in the forearm and really emulating how human hand works.
Speaker 1: So and there really are no.
Speaker 4: Motors and there's there are no actuators I say actuator. An actuator would be like motor plus gearbox plus paralectronics and sensors. There are no actuators that actually that you can buy for really any any amount of money.
Speaker 1: That work well for humanoid robots. So we actually go back to.
Speaker 4: Physics first principles and design all of the actuators from scratch. So it's a tremendous amount of work, and I think it'd be very difficult for any company that does not have it's not extremely good at designing actuators to make an effective humanoid robot. And then the it's it's it'll have the same like brain as the car, so initially Hardware four and then Hardwer of five in twenty six, and and then just as the car is, the car is learning how to navigate reality, it's it's the same basic process for the humanoid robot.
Speaker 1: And I think basically everyone's gonna want one. So it's like who wouldn't want?
Speaker 4: You know, So like there's a way that just there's no ways to think of robots, but like like let's say R two D two and C three PO were real and you could happen, like who would not want R two D two C C two QO? That would be awesome. Yeah, like a friendly buddy robot. Now we need to make they stay friendly. Of course that's very important. But for Garfield, yeah, but you know, it's I think it's kind of like people get pretty attached to their humanoid robots, just like people, you know, you get attached to C three of you and r g D two and yeah, I think everyone's going to pretty much want one. And I think long term the cost of the humanoid robots should be less than the cost of a car because it weighs less, there's you know, fewer parts in it. So ultimately, I think, you know, humanoid robot that is super useful. I think long term is probably like twenty thousand dollars or twenty five thousand dollars. But fans of what a dollar is worth in the future, you know, nation and all, but you know, current year dollars, I think, you know, I can see reaching a price of twenty twenty five thousand dollars for a humanoid robot.
Speaker 1: That would be really useful.
Speaker 4: You know, that could like help you take care of kids, walk the dog, you know, you know, go go get groceries like whatever whatever works, you know.
Speaker 1: So, so I think everyone's gonna want one.
Speaker 4: So there's eight billion people on Earth and I think they're all gonna want one. So that's why, that's why I think it's probably gonna be the biggest thing ever.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Elon, what are you going to use your robot for?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Uh, I mean, initially we're you know, so we're selling like production unit one of production design one of Optimists, which we'll we'll do some basic stuff in the factory in the tails of factories next year because we want to iron out a lot of you know, details.
Speaker 1: It's just to make sure it's useful.
Speaker 4: And and and and for the first year or so, it's going to require quite a lot of babysitting from engineering and then hopefully, hopefully when we get to twenty twenty six that that'll be one we could sort of sell to so outside of the company because and have have be be confident that it'll work recently well and respond to voice commands and that kind of thing. So and then you'll be able to sort of I think, customize how the robot looks as well long term, because you know, you can kind of shall let's get the robot however you like. So for I think there'll be a wide variation, wide variations and how the robots looks it looks, and and you know, maybe like some third parties could could do cool things, just like there's like cool third party wraps of the cyber truck.
Speaker 1: That's some really creative art. I think.
Speaker 4: So the cyber trucks, like even though it's it ships as kind of like bear stainless steel, it ends up having some of the most interesting art in terms of how it's wrapped, and so it's really quite unique and actually toward of a farrel.
Speaker 1: He loves to very.
Speaker 4: Creative and like he has some ideas for you know, doing a fur l version of an optimist for example, for pretty cool to have like different artists come up with different you know, versions of Optimists.
Speaker 2: So, speaking of cyber truck, I've had a cyber truck since middle of February, and I'm, you know, I'm so used to FSD.
Speaker 1: Andeah, you really you really want but I totally agree.
Speaker 2: I'm I don't know if I could get special acts, but either or more importantly for everybody, I'm just saying I've driven ten thousand miles and it kills my soul to be driving the most anti technology and I feel like I'm driving it's still the most amazing va test has ever made.
Speaker 3: But any updates on FSD with cyber.
Speaker 4: Truck, well, I think that should be coming out in Augus, So toward twelve point five is waited two weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's at.
Speaker 4: Some point, at some point in the next two to flourish weeks, it should work have a truck. I mean, I'm sure, I'm not sure the exact timing because we just have to test it and make sure it works well. So, but twelve point five is where a lot of things come together where you've got the uh, the highway. You know, we upgrade the high highway stack to be the latest version. So it's it's uh, it's it's you don't have the old highway stack in the new city stack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, so.
Speaker 4: Having one sort of integrated state of the art stack for highway and city is a big deal. And you know, like little things like you can wear sunglasses and still do the hands off driving, and and then.
Speaker 1: Having it work on cyber truck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean a friend of mine drove cyber truck all the way halfway across the country and he said it was driving him great, it was driving and crazy that he could not turn on FSD because it was.
Speaker 2: We literally have people I think who drove from Florida Toronto in their cyber trucks, well not for but just coming from all over the US, and I think that's literally the one thing they were just like phill in peasants status even though this is the best product that Tesla has made yet.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's great. It's a great product. So yeah, it should be very soon.
Speaker 1: So yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Elon what other future car projects are you most excited about?
Speaker 3: Is it the roadster, is it the road taxi?
Speaker 1: Can you speak about what you're most excited about?
Speaker 4: Well, I think in terms of what will have the biggest impact in the world, it will be the the robotaxi, dedicated robotaxi. Now, of course old tails vehicles can't operate it or will be able to operate us as a robotaxi pretty much all so, uh you know, but but yeah, I think the dedicated robotaxi will have single biggest effect in the world. The semi truck, I think we'll have a very very big effect. The roadster is you know, one of those things that's not like necessary from a utility standpoint, but it's super cool. So you know, I guess a friend of mine, Peter Peter Thiel is like, you know, he was says like, why why don't.
Speaker 1: We have flying cars? I'm like, wait for it, that's coming. So I think it'll be super cool. Is it changed the world?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I think sometimes it's just got to have things that are just cool because that's it's just it's just great to have all some or some you know, things in the world. So it's kind of cherry on the cake. And I think the roadsterver demo will be mind blowing. It might be the it might be the most mind blowing demo of anything ever.
Speaker 3: Wow quick followed when is that happening?
Speaker 2: I don't know if you could share that, but it's all good if you have to pass on that one.
Speaker 1: I next year, next year sometimes.
Speaker 4: And that that's that's a you know, joint sort of tesla'space x uh effort. So it's kind of applying rock you know, combining rocket engineering with Tesla EV engineering.
Speaker 1: Alien technology to make something really special.
Speaker 3: I heard it can fly a little.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, yeah, it'll be something special. And yeah, it will continue to make new products that we haven't talked about at all. So there's you know, there's those new things that'll that'll that will come out. But the really ultra profound thing is full self driving, is unsupervised full self driving. That's like the gigantic thing. And then optimis having an autonomous, useful humanoid robot.
Speaker 1: Is it an even bigger thing than full self driving.
Speaker 4: But those are the two things that, like, if you were to look back in history from you know, fast forward, like twenty thirty years or fifty years, even like one of the things that really were profound, it'll be unsupervised a general solution to unsupervised full self driving, and a human raid robot that is truly useful.
Speaker 1: Even for a hundred years from now. They'll be like, well, those are big ones.
Speaker 5: Elon, you have a date on the calendar for the announcement, uh and lunch of the cyber the robo taxi. What can we expect from that?
Speaker 1: Well, I can't give it away, you know, gotta gotta have some you know, you don't you don't want.
Speaker 4: To give the show away before the show, you know. So I think it'll be just a tease. I think it'll be I think it'll be cool. I think people will be pretty excited and yeah, it's it's it's it's like it's like I do wonder like in the actual event itself, will people how many people will realize how profound it is what we're going to show. I think as some people will understand how profound. Not everyone will, but it will be obvious in hindsight.
Speaker 3: So I know we've been going forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: I just want to do a quick time check or do you want to keep going a little bit more or because we're.
Speaker 1: So great, five or ten minutes more?
Speaker 3: Okay, So yeah, everyone, thank you elon through time.
Speaker 2: One thing I wanted to ask you is so you know we have you know, obviously the latest vehicle, the Model three Performance or really the Model three high Land has been out.
Speaker 3: The cyber truck came out.
Speaker 2: When you think of just obviously even the future of transportation, and obviously that's obviously where Franz comes into play with the design. But how does when you think think of unsupervib FSD, how does that change the way you even approach tackling or building something like the future of transportation? And again, I know I don't have to throw the design aspect into it, but just when you think of what is next, how does the future of transportation impact that.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, if you're not driving, the you're really effectively sitting in like a tiny lounge.
Speaker 1: And then so you know having say, you.
Speaker 4: Know, being entertained, with with being able to watch movies or play video games or work, because it's really the card just becomes like a tiny mobile lounge.
Speaker 1: That's that's what.
Speaker 4: Or you could sleep, you know, whatever you want to do. I mean, you could drink too. I mean you're not driving, so it's just a thing that like, it's like a little mobile lounge. It's not something that you have to be. We have to be you know, folks your attention are driving all the time. So it's just a it's a completely different experience. One cool thing I ex mentioned is that that would be I think interesting down the road is also for optimists, you know, for people that have lost their limbs.
Speaker 1: That if you take neuralink basically be able to.
Speaker 4: Control which which the neuralink version one telepathy allows you to control electronic devices if somebody has lost their arms or legs or.
Speaker 1: Whatever the case.
Speaker 4: And and and attaching that and enabling combining that with a neural link would would give them essentially cybernetic limbs, kind of like Looke, I don't know, like Loop Skywalker and Empire strikes back, you know, when you get like a robot robot hand. So I think that could be pretty incredible for people that have blast limbs being able to have like a cybernetic limb.
Speaker 1: I think that'd be cool.
Speaker 4: Sort of combined effort between neural Link and Tesla.
Speaker 5: Elan, There's there was some recent news on X about some candy announcements or something like that.
Speaker 4: No, it's just I don't know what that is. I would just joke about candy stuff. So yeah, I have too much, too much more plate to add candy to it, I think, so. But yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, this is this is I mean, it's it's wild how much is happening in the world. I mean, there's stuff happening with SpaceX and Tesla and and all the advancements and AI, a lot of advancements in pharma as well. You know, there's there's a lot of interesting, like kind of miracle drugs coming along, and we're certainly headed for I think the most interesting future. I think we you know, there's we live in the most interesting of times, and you know, sometimes it's like easy to sort of like I don't get down about like some day to day event or political stuff or whatever. But in the grand scheme of things, we are living in the most interesting time in history and that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just just on that.
Speaker 2: It's you know, it's so easy to I honestly don't know how you do it on a minute by hourly basis on things that are just lies and things that are being said. But it's so important to have, you know, a positive mindset, especially as those attacks are coming, because if you're just depressed about everything that's just coming at you, it's just so hard to move forward. And so it takes people like you to who are actually being a part of that change rather than just watching it from the sidelines.
Speaker 3: And so thank you for that. I mean, just.
Speaker 1: It's it's.
Speaker 2: One thing I'll ask and then I'll maybe pass it to Kelvin for UN's question. So we have a lot of retail investors here as we know. It's actually I just want to say how amazing X is and how some of the stuff has even worked at the backgrounds. I remember meeting Amy Stephens, who was behind obviously you know, her team that she she worked with to kind of like build a lawsuit obviously on the comp plan. I met her on an x spaces, Twitter spaces and we got connected and she ended up on our podcast and and next thing I know, she connects with Alexandra mertz U, Tesla boomer Mama, and seeing all of the work that's happening behind the scenes with what Amy was doing and then what Alexandra was doing on the front facing. But the question I wanted to have is, you know, when you think of retail investors and what it's meant to Tesla, you know what comes to mind, especially again all the work that you know, the community has done, Alexandra, the Amys of the world, the Tesla community, But what comes to mind when you think of retail investors for Tesla.
Speaker 4: Well, I love retail investors, I have to say, because you know, I think retail investors or like individual investors, are like they're they're like making a decision to support the company, and and.
Speaker 1: That's super appreciated. So you know, like, I think we have.
Speaker 4: The highest retail investor percentage of maybe any company or maybe certainly one of the highest, and I think that's really a good thing. So and and I you know, like there's gonna be sort of ups and downs in the stock price for you know, random reasons. But I I do feel confident that the long term value of the company will be extremely high. The you know, I think, you know, the best analysis I've seen as like Kathy Woods Company are invest Uh they've been the most the most accurate in the past, and and it's just it's the you know, the value the value of company is going to be kind of nutty with uh, unsupervised full self driving and and with optimists. Uh, it's you know, I sort of wonder ultimately what money, what money will even mean in the future, because if you've got robots that if the cost some goods and services are driven to almost nothing, I think we will you know, assuming it's a positive future, which I think it probably will be, then we're headed for an age of abundance.
Speaker 1: So you know, I do feel like like maybe.
Speaker 4: That like Tesla's kind of in a phase right now, like similar to what in Video was in before a video went in video stock weren't bananas. And I have to say, like in Video deserves the valuation that they've got.
Speaker 1: You know, they Jensen and his team have done an amazing job, and.
Speaker 4: It really goes to show like the value of any kind of AI, A company that is strong in AI is it's just going.
Speaker 1: To be crazy.
Speaker 4: And it will dwarf the value of companies that do not have advanced AI really will be profoundly different. I mean, I mean that's the simple sort of productivity kind of back of the envelope math for cars is that you know, partypical passenger car is about ten hours of a use a week. It's called it like an hour and a half a day for seven days, it's about ten hours. But if it's autonomous, it's it could be used one hundred hours a week. Now I'm not sure what the average usage would be, but average use usage and autonomous mode might be fifty hours. But certainly it could be used one hundred hours of one hundred and sixty eight hours a week. So that would be a ten x increase in the productivity of the car. But it costs the same. So if you just do the basic math on that, it's like, okay, now you go from like I don't know, twenty.
Speaker 1: Five percent margins to ninety percent margins. It's insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then that you know, for cars that are owned by customers, they would obviously revenue share with the customers, and so the owners of the cars I think, I think would earn quite a bit more than the least cost or financing costs of the car when it's the autonomous mode. So yeah, just it just but if you just think of asset utilization efficiency and you go from ten hours a week of a car to fifty or one hundred hours a week and it's the same car, that's just it's the biggest explosion in value maybe ever.
Speaker 2: So I had a quick follow up, but again, let us know where we can do a time check. But uh, you kind of were just talking about just content and like one question I actually had it was a follow up kind of a little bit to what you were mentioning in some off topic.
Speaker 3: But do you see it?
Speaker 2: Do you foresee a rise in mechanisms to determine the authenticity of content and the.
Speaker 3: Validity of what is being said?
Speaker 2: Like I think that's in this future, right, I mean it's I see half the time I feel like I turn up YouTube and you know they're taking some your interview from you, and then you're randomly mentioned bitcoin and oh man, or I've seen interviews from us, like people are messaging us from our interview back in May of twenty twenty two, and they're live streaming it like it's happening live, Like wow, I you know, look different two years ago with long hair.
Speaker 3: It's like, but it's you talking and you're.
Speaker 2: Randomly you know, the bitcoin lot, you know, real is going on the bottom.
Speaker 3: So what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm really I'm not going to be promoting crypto, so if you know, at most in a joking way, but I'm if you see me pumping crypto, it's not me, you know. So I mean, I do think there's a merit in you bitcoin and maybe some of the other crypto and I sort of have a soft spot for doche coin because I just like.
Speaker 1: Dogs and memes. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: On the on the x platform, there's pretty quickly things get community noted or there's in the replies people say, hey, this is not not real. So I think, you know, I think, I don't know. We can work to try to have community notes surface faster and also too if similar videos are are popping up that the community note gets appended to any kind of similar video, So but I think it's definitely always it. Won't you be cautious about seeing any if If you see see a sales pitch for Crypto, I would double check whether that is real.
Speaker 5: All right, Elon, we want to wrap up with the final question for you, which is what are you most excited about regarding Tesla and SpaceX.
Speaker 4: Well, I think I'm basically described it already, but the keif for SpaceX is to achieve full and rapid reusability of the Starship rocket. This is really the holy grail of space technology. No one has ever made a fully reusable orbital rocket, so Starship is the first design that is even capable of that that. This is an absolutely profound thing because a fully reusable, rapidly reusable rocket is the difference between humanity being a single planet civilization and a multiplanet civilization.
Speaker 1: So that's that's.
Speaker 4: Gigantic and I think we might get there next year, so that's that's a big deal. And then Fortla. Yeah, I mean, I want to count the chickens until they're hashed, and these are tough chickens.
Speaker 3: But but I.
Speaker 4: Think it's I think it's going to happen next year. And then the a general solution to self driving that that is also an incredibly profound thing. And that's uh, you know on supervised full self driving, this is that that looks like it's if it doesn't happen later this year, it seems extremely likely to happen next year. If you just plot the points in the cove of miles between interventions, that number is improving dramatically. So those are really the two whopper things. And then, as I mentioned, Fortesla also optimists. The optimist numbers are like they're really just they're like so mind blowing that you're like, is this is this real? But because I actually think the market for human or robots is in excess of ten billion units, like more more than the number of humans, because people will each want one, and then there'll be others that are involved in industry and stuff. So you know, if they do sell, even if Bolling for twenty thousand dollars, that's that's twenty trillion.
Speaker 1: So it's like, I mean, this is Banana's.
Speaker 4: Numbers, you know, sah I should say say, anyway, it's just insane numbers.
Speaker 1: So we should hold onto their stock. That's just a quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ayay, it's it's just it's just it's just really really nuts, I should say, yet, two hundred trillion.
Speaker 1: Dollars. This is just a insane, insane number.
Speaker 4: Yeah, twenty twenty thousand dollars times ten billion, so twenty trillion, two hundred trillion. But it's it's like Banana's numbers. So that's why I like, I wonder what does money even mean at that point?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: So these things are, like I said, they're they're so profound that they will be recognized you assuming we do them. You have to actually do them. They will be recognized one hundred years from now, maybe a thousand years from now, as as fundamental milestones in civilization. That's that's the level of significance we're talking about here. So it should be held a couple of years. And thanks for your support, guys, really super appreciated.
Speaker 2: If we can, we would love to just get a virtual slash in person. Oh well, I think you literally have a standing ovation happening right now,