Speaker 1: What though, and welcome to whatever it's live or sports dot com. I'm easy you win by Spindmall, Rex Young, Chris, Jeffrey Walker in the building smashed like button b friend to a friend, share the stream. We actually had a lot of people in the building back there.
Speaker 2: It's funny. Ninth Chris.
Speaker 1: We had a meeting yesterday and we were like, man like the interns. Sometimes we're sitting back there nothing. We had no interns, and now today I'll look back. Yeah, yeah, we got seventeen interns. We got the army, you know, casually talking some ship. But we also have more than just the interns in the building.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Bartney Goat has came all the way from Dubai to come visit the boys.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be, Jeff, You're gonna miked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got right there.
Speaker 2: We got right there.
Speaker 4: Careful you guys like ship.
Speaker 5: Oh damn this one seventeen sixty one l Christiano Tequila.
Speaker 2: I don't either.
Speaker 1: He also brought up a Booner bounty, if you guys remember from the All Night stream, already specifically paid amount of money to have Booter tackle the given point office linebackers. Yeah, it's officially happening. I feel bad for Boone. I don't know if we should tell him when No, you can't tell him what it's gotta be. It's gotta be spontaneous, gotta happen. I'm gonna take I'm not gonna open this up. I'm gonna tap it up on the wall until the bounty is collected. That's the way it's gonna be collected, to be up in the wall and the heavyweight's office until somebody tackles. It has to be like, now do we need like that's the thing. It's gotta get done. I'm tackling. What are the rules with the tacklings? Has to hit the ground right tackle.
Speaker 2: You gotta be a form tackle commercials.
Speaker 5: Yeah okay, yeah, by the way, form commercial former remember the Tarry Tate office.
Speaker 1: Linemaker tryate of linebacker. Oh yeah, I'm just asked for the specifics to make sure that everything's fall through for the bounty to be collected. We're not just having somebody sloppy bear hugged booter. Yeah you know what I'm saying, Like we all see some some pretty pissed poor form tackling. We want actually for sure, fall.
Speaker 5: Through, real tackles in the chest, real hit yeah, school tackle yeah yeah, yes man Lovarney, Man, I.
Speaker 2: Think you're coming.
Speaker 1: Man is running than down. I know you're You're only here.
Speaker 2: It's like two weeks. Yeah, here for two weeks.
Speaker 3: Grew up.
Speaker 6: For a couple of nights.
Speaker 7: Yeah, during the summer, yeahs and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the Lombardy's sucking jack dude, he is is this guy?
Speaker 5: He is jacked all the way from Dubai. Man, this is so cool and I just wanted to ask how how we gotta we gotta get some of your sports takes. You came in here with the Ben Wallace jersey. You're a big pits just missed on flannel Sam Sam, Yeah, he was just here. What what's going on with with Trajan? How are you feeling about Trajan and what he's been doing with the Pistons.
Speaker 7: I give him a lot more credit than some of the other gms in the city, but I'll be very honest, I haven't paid much attention ever since they.
Speaker 2: Got rid of Beef.
Speaker 7: Stew Wallace, Rodman, Yeah, Rashid Wallace, love those guys. Yeah, Isaiah Zeke, I love him, but without Beef stew it's.
Speaker 2: Not culture the dog Pound kind of around.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, and he brought back I'm old. So I got to go to the the Pistons.
Speaker 2: Champions, the back to back h back to back. Oh wow, I'm yeah.
Speaker 7: I was like six and had a suite at the Palace at that time, so I really got to So I got to see all that and that was Detroit basketball for me. And then you know when Ben Wallace, Rashid Wallace, you know, rip all those guys that brought it back for me where I like basketball again. So that's why I've always been a huge Pistons fan, even though I'm not a big basketball fan.
Speaker 8: My favorite sport is played football, by far, my favorite sport. But like the Red Wings for a long time and the Pistons for a long time, really epitomized the city, yes, and the Lions didn't until recently, which I think it's so cool. Like I have a whole bunch of friends that are from you like Nationals I grew up there that are Lions fans.
Speaker 2: Get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 7: Yeah no, even before me, I have a really good friend named Anwar who is a local, grew up there. He has a custom Jersey that says you know his name on it. One of my other coworkers is Egyptian. He has two different versions of the hasinin Jersey, the original sixty nine from last year and then whatever his number is nine he has Ultimate. Yeah, he has both of them.
Speaker 1: What's like on Moore Story? How do you become a Lions fan?
Speaker 7: There's a large population of Middle Eastern people that live in the area, and everyone has a few cousins, you know in the area.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's how you know everybody dearborn here born. Yeah, nitty gritty with.
Speaker 2: The super chase.
Speaker 5: Say shout out to La Abertina you the goat, you guys, shout out and uh.
Speaker 2: Where was it? I saw it? Uh? kJ Obay says you look like William Dafoe. I'll take it. Do you have any modeling pictures like William Dafoe? Definitely?
Speaker 1: If William Dafoe fucking was jacked, William William Dafoe is the Green album? Maybe I thought I was just about to ask you a question. Yeah, damn, its about football. We're just talking about and completely escaped my mind.
Speaker 7: Adie Hutchinson's overrated. I'm sure I'm gonna get a lot of ship for that.
Speaker 5: Oh you're a Michigan guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah what Yeah, he just came and fished. Yeah about that way too high? Wait what about it?
Speaker 1: You think.
Speaker 7: Miles Garrett paid about the same amount of money.
Speaker 2: He beats triple teams.
Speaker 9: Let's say you're right.
Speaker 7: Everyone talks about Hutch and he gets stopped on triple teams.
Speaker 1: He gets stopped on double teams.
Speaker 2: That's true. I mean, you're not wrong. Oh man, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: My middle brother Bobby love him to death. He's a huge touch fan and we argue about this all day long, well all night long for me, all.
Speaker 2: Day long for him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know when I'm back home and Dubai.
Speaker 2: But he's good. Yeah, he's not Miles Garrett.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout the pops. By the way, he's watching.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're old.
Speaker 4: Man's probably watching.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 7: He just got back to his place from port here, just got back in town here. Gave me a call right as I was walking in.
Speaker 1: Actually, obviously we real Abertini in the show. But how do you actually pronounce you? How do you actually pronounce it?
Speaker 7: That was honestly my old BGSU email. It's l And then part of my last name.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, that makes more.
Speaker 7: First initial, middle initial chunk of my last name.
Speaker 1: So abertin works, yeah, works, shout out.
Speaker 5: Papatini has got it wrong for like four months.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not wrong, but yeah, you know.
Speaker 7: I don't think there's a correct way to pronounce it. So on sweat where you at.
Speaker 1: Because where you have McNeil.
Speaker 2: I think he's bounce back. I think he is good.
Speaker 7: I think he's a destructive three technique. Yes, I think he's going to be very good. Unfortunately, that's a position that doesn't get a lot of stats, so unless if you're watching it, you're not going to notice if he's making a difference or not. But I think he is going to free up a lot of people, and I think he's going to be able to pressure from the inside, similar to you know, warrants.
Speaker 1: That yeah, I hope so man, I hope so too, And then Hudge can be like I'm over it.
Speaker 2: On the foe, you know.
Speaker 7: And then if you know he ties two people up, then Hutch doesn't have to deal with the triple teams that he can't be.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're right, but that by the way, you're right.
Speaker 5: What's your what's your confidence skill for the for the Lions next season? Like ten is winning the super Bowl? One is not the number one.
Speaker 7: Overall pick slappy answer of the real answer, the real answer, real answer.
Speaker 1: If you had to you to bet your du buy a house, have seven six right on the borderline of contender.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like yeah, they should make the playoffs. Who knows if they go anywhere? Yeah, but we'll see.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, slappy answer ten.
Speaker 1: Super about what about the defense specifically.
Speaker 2: Secondary secondary?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we don't have a true answer there. It's kind of it's frustrating.
Speaker 5: Derek Moore frustrating eight and a half sacks?
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe, yeah, I mean you watch more mischion ball than me?
Speaker 2: How do you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nick isn't here, but you know, seven and eight sacks?
Speaker 2: Is it crazy? I told nicki's wild for that. That's it's kind of strong as a rookie. Yeah, yeah, that's rough.
Speaker 7: That's he's not lt No, that's what he's not smoking crack on the sideline.
Speaker 2: There. We know you.
Speaker 7: Allegedly roadblocks Yeah, oh yeah, I know part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even know.
Speaker 5: We don't promote sexual gratification of violence pan others in any way, everything we say and do is an satiric and comedical format.
Speaker 1: Don't do us speaking of sexual gratification. We get him in trouble with your topic that you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know, Yeah, I don't know being a married man in trouble. Yeah, I'll just dip up. Oh no, you're gonna keep keep football.
Speaker 7: And halfway, man, we did watch My wife and I we watched what was it, Double Worst proud oft too the other night.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so all right, halfway a little bit. She's pregnant.
Speaker 5: She was out at the at the Odyssey, uh, the Odyssey Awards, you know, and it's it's been absolutely insane, Chris, play just play the video first of just her her talking to the to the to the people out there, because like and Hathway is prime, She's prime, milk.
Speaker 9: I promise you this video ass out.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, fokers, big fan of the mommy.
Speaker 1: So is that something you for coming here?
Speaker 5: Okay we also have screenshots, Chris, if you throw up the pictures. I did my due diligence. This was all over my Twitter feed today, like, oh my god, I'm telling you what, There's not much that beats Anne Hathaway. She again like, I'm pretty sure she's a vampire like her Keanu Reeves, Paul Rudd, they like, don't age at all. She looks just as good now as she did twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: It's prime milk, and Hathaway is with the heavies.
Speaker 2: Is like, that's not fair.
Speaker 5: That's like if we got Miles Garrett, you had Aiden Hutchinson and Miles Garrett.
Speaker 4: She's age better than Lebron.
Speaker 2: She is aging better than Lebron. She's up there. She is no Lebron. James of White.
Speaker 1: We know how old she is to hold she thought I thought it was forty four, fifty.
Speaker 9: She's like forty five, forty four.
Speaker 1: Can you get pregnant at forty four?
Speaker 2: She can?
Speaker 5: Can she get double pregnant at forty four, that's the question. She's forty three, forty three. So her birthday is in November. Happy soon to be birthday. My love Adam from the d with the super Chat says, not gonna lie. I'm beating my ship right now.
Speaker 2: Boys walks out crank fast. So you know, the chat loves it, the people love it.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, like, that's like, that's unfair to do that like Anne Hathaway was already almost untouchable era era when you're talking about levels and just to put the hatches grows on a.
Speaker 2: Pair of dese yea just insane man.
Speaker 1: While we have YouTube Jared Golf. Were you at with with with Jared Goff as a quarterback?
Speaker 7: Well, I've never seen him in the same room and as Ryan got that's true. So no, he classic, you know, drop back quarterback, old school style. No, he's not gonna run. He's not going to get you any first downs. Maybe one year, yeah, but as far as a precision quarterback goes, he's he's right.
Speaker 2: Up there man. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where you rake the monks like today's quarterbacks, Like, do you think he's falling like top five, top ten?
Speaker 2: I mean for sure top ten?
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely top ten. I you know, kind of the same answer as you know my Lions. Uh yeah, six seven, Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm cool with that.
Speaker 1: Calvin Sheppard, it's another point of contention on this.
Speaker 2: I'm high on Shep me too. I like Shep.
Speaker 1: He got he got dicked a little bit last year he.
Speaker 7: Did and again injuries, but Shep is I think he's more creative than people are willing to give him credit for. I think he was trying to stick to his system.
Speaker 2: A little too long.
Speaker 9: I agree, But you did.
Speaker 7: See him, you know, make some change ups. It's the end of the season. I think he's gonna be. It was his first years at DC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all the injuries the second yea, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the what was it Legion of Whom?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah yeah, and he did good with that. What time is like a primetime game on for you when you're when you buy four am, so that wake up or what.
Speaker 7: It's four or five am depending on daylight savings because they don't have that there. Okay, so literally my little kid will wake up an extra hour early when the lines are on a primetime game and we'll watch together.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, memories they're going to have, that's kind of Yeah.
Speaker 7: They went to their first American football game what used to be the Motor City Bowl. I don't know what it was called this year, like the Rise Up Bowl or something.
Speaker 2: Uh, we did that.
Speaker 7: We're going to the Tigers game tomorrow, so yeah, we're getting them all the Tigers, well, all the US sports.
Speaker 2: Yeahs going this weekend. Two.
Speaker 7: I'm going on Sunday. Yeah, yeah, Tiger's game on Sunday. Maybe I'm flying out Sunday.
Speaker 2: We'll see. Oh hell yeah.
Speaker 1: What's the custom in Dubai that like we like you should know what's going over this. You don't offend anyone or get like stabbed.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, you have to smuggle loom and talk about that off air.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: Don't wear sandals, don't wear yeah, like really are very offensive.
Speaker 2: Wow, or showing the bottom of your foot hopped unless unless.
Speaker 7: That's one and then I mean that's really an interesting one. Like you don't want to put your feet up like that, you know, so they see the bottom of your shoe. That's considered insulting. Outside of that, I mean, you know, Abu Dhabi is much more traditional than Dubai. Dubai is really trying to just open itself up to you know, everywhere in the world so everyone can come there. So it's I mean it's a kind of a mix of like Vegas and.
Speaker 1: New York is all the image and those are just cities Dubai. Yeah, okay, so always.
Speaker 7: Think, Yeah, there's seven emirates. The country is Uae. The capital of Uae is actually Abu Dhabi. They have all the oil and gas. That's where all the money is. A lot of people, a lot of people don't realize that the Burj Khalifa was actually supposed to be called.
Speaker 2: The berg Dubai.
Speaker 7: But then Dubai went was about to go bankrupt and Abu Dhabi bailed them out during the two thousand and eight financial crisis. Crazy, and so they had kept on advertising birch d by Berge Dubai bers Dubai and when they finally unveiled it, it was Berj Khalifa because Abu Dhabi paper they said, now we're going to change the name of that.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan of two khalifas, Whiz and Miah. Yeah, both very good.
Speaker 1: Can you get access to like a Miya khalifasiety? Need a VPN over there?
Speaker 2: How does that work?
Speaker 7: You need VPN for pretty much anything which is also illegal. VP's illegal there. Most websites are banned. I still have my US number, so if I don't have Wi Fi, I can go to all the websites that are blocked, okay, and can show people a lot of stuff that government doesn't want them to see.
Speaker 2: The man Hathaway, well you is YouTube.
Speaker 7: YouTube is good You can't do super chats if you're on Wi Fi. You have to be on regular cellular Otherwise it says I'm trying to pay in durhams or British pounds, so.
Speaker 1: You're switching off a Wi Fi to Sunday's money. We're just that's crazy.
Speaker 7: When I send a super chat, I have to turn Wi Fi off and do it on only my US phone on cellular, No, I have unlimited international call.
Speaker 5: Freddie Felt three one three sys. The moment I turned on the heavies, titties change famous.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows sex cells.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: I remember you. You said specifically one time that there's no like plumbing system there.
Speaker 2: It's bad. Yeah, because it's built on a desert. There's no basements.
Speaker 7: The whole basement culture, garage beer culture does exists outside of the Midwest. Like nobody has finished basements in like Long Island.
Speaker 2: New York. Yeah. Yeah, that's like a rarity.
Speaker 7: You know, maybe one person out of a whole neighborhood will have a finish basement that's literally just storage and like hanging out in the garage. That doesn't exist anywhere outside of like Michigan, Ohio, Indiana.
Speaker 9: So it's like is there anything like housing wise different, like the way they're kind of styled.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so basically all the houses are built by the same people that build hotels. So like storage sucks, and like you can never find an outlet, you know, you know when you go to a hotel room. Yeah, and like they have one outlet by the desk and you try to pluck something in.
Speaker 1: We couldn't figure out our lamp last time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the lamp was really pissing me off.
Speaker 1: And I think it was the gummies we took up. We figured out at some point. Yeah, pretty thought I was attached to the wall was behind the chairs. What about because you live there full like you're only here too tight? Do you have a regular doctor out there as an American doctor? You sketched out that's not American doctor.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I was at youm earlier for the big medical stuff, important stuff. I go to U of mer Beaumont still okay, but yeah, no they have Abu Dhabi actually is a Cleveland clinic. Abu Dhabi has a lot of really good hospitals Dubaia titor miss to be very honest, but there's a lot of.
Speaker 2: Good stuff there. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you just need to know which ones to go to.
Speaker 1: Have you become more of a fan of soccer since moving over there with football?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I was actually very upset when you guys had the live stream of whatever US soccer game before the sabbath. Yeah, yeah, it ran over was yeah it did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was not we it was.
Speaker 1: It was news to us as well, it was yeah, Chris would ask them.
Speaker 9: No, I mean, I guess just going back to like the basement and beer culture or like the garage culture then, so is it just like is it just kind of like living room hangouts, like when you're hanging out with friends or what's it? What's it kind of like like hangout wise culture there?
Speaker 7: You know what, it's not really you don't really hang out in anyone's place everywhere. If you want to hang out, people go out.
Speaker 2: Yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 5: What about h Dante one fifty one says, what kind of insects do you have to worry about?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's insect not many. There's not a lot of too. Damn hot.
Speaker 7: It was one hundred and twenty one Wednesday before I left. Yeah, so you know, I get here and people are complaining about ninety five.
Speaker 1: I was like shit not bad. Yeah, what about the humidity is a different area.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 7: The humidity gets worse as the day goes on, so like normally you know, like the.
Speaker 2: Night gets better here yeaheah, it gets worse.
Speaker 7: Like the heat goes down, but the humidity goes up during the like during the evening, so it just becomes more of a swamp.
Speaker 1: That is so like, uh, I agree with that culture by the way too, Like I don't only nessily want everybody at my house, like yeah, my private revenue.
Speaker 2: Well, I got kid.
Speaker 1: I think it's diff you got kids maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got a cat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the same thing. It's not the same thing. You got two dads up here? When I jump your three.
Speaker 4: Dads up here, jump Spencer, I don't.
Speaker 2: I can't work kid.
Speaker 1: Tattoos?
Speaker 2: Is that loud there? Or that's more Dubai.
Speaker 7: But you know what, now that you mentioned it, I don't think I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: A tattoo shop. Yeah, Hannah's more.
Speaker 7: Hannah, there's Hannah, But no, I don't I've never seen a tattoo shop there.
Speaker 1: And then you just use like some block up when you go outside and sodamn hot or you just never outside or what.
Speaker 2: Just never outside. People will walk next to buildings like with like being that much shade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that's.
Speaker 7: Crazy and it makes a difference, like that little bit of shade will save you from like dying.
Speaker 2: I bet damn.
Speaker 5: People are asking if the girls are easy, Steve married, the girl's easy there. Cedric's answered Steve Wilde's question, he's married.
Speaker 2: Married man. Damn it, you wouldn't know. Did you meet your wife and Dubai? I did. She's from Russia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how's is that?
Speaker 2: Everyone?
Speaker 1: There's some different places or what.
Speaker 2: Pretty much.
Speaker 7: I've lived in New York for like eight nine years, and everyone says New York's the melting pot.
Speaker 2: I will say, like New York's great.
Speaker 7: It's fun to live there for two three years, and then it's just expensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Literally I did the math and like if a flight back to Michigan was less than six hundred dollars, it was cheaper to fly to Michigan for the weekend than spend a weekend in New York.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 7: But like Dubai really is I mean, nobody's from there. Yeah, it's just there's a ton of Europeans because they actually get the tax benefits. If you're a US citizen, you still have to pay taxes.
Speaker 2: Yeah what yep?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't get to dodge any taxes. I still you get to deduct certain things from.
Speaker 2: It should throw something in the water. That's taxation without representation. So I'm still.
Speaker 7: So there's still taxes if you're a US citizen. Outside of that, if you're European. That's why everyone from Europe is over there. They don't pay taxes, like if you're from London or you know, the UK. There's a ton of people from the UK, the tounne of people from everywhere else in Europe and get.
Speaker 5: To wait, wait, wait, wait wait, So people from England don't have to pay taxes, but you do?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: That's got a chant. Yeah that is backwards, is it?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you get taxed by u AE as well?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, And he's just mailing if you vote, you just mailing in from the u A e.
Speaker 2: Adam from the d with the super chat.
Speaker 5: He says again he's a married man, says, how gay is it that you can't see nice teddies bouncing in the summer anymore? Is that the best thing about coming back.
Speaker 2: To the States? Absolutely shut halfway.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, sundresses not a big sundress culture.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Well, I always forget how much I love sundresses until sundress season.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just hugging, hugging bodies.
Speaker 2: Hugging them all right, isn't isn't you buy more like It's very relaxed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, compared to Abu Dhabi or like Guitar or Oman, which are much more traditional. Like I said, they're pretty relaxed, especially in like the Palm Area or d I f C, which is the Dubai version of Wall Street. That's their financial district. That's like d I f C actually has its own separate.
Speaker 2: Laws because of so many Westerns or what exactly.
Speaker 7: Okay, so the first year but yeah, the first year, will I when I first moved there and I had no clue what was going on, I made sure I lived in d I f C because it was kind of the closest legally. Yeah, yeah, just to be safe and then ventured out a little bit.
Speaker 2: Have you ever have you ever seen Rick Ross? I know he frequents Dubai quite a lot. I've seen fifty's I've never seen Rick Ross.
Speaker 5: Celebrities married the French Montana married like the princess of some country and the crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, French stays getting people.
Speaker 5: French got shot in the back of the head and now his life has been he's got nothing but up from there. As his initiation. Maybe, I don't know, French got bangers, dude, you have shoulders.
Speaker 1: With I'm not gonna ask you the.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Is there any strip clubs? No? No, no, there's no strip club.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 7: They have a massage parlors.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Some yesterday ye we were talking about Caleb, Yeah, Clotts.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But I think we gotta go to break. We gotta double up.
Speaker 5: And then we've got Scott Bentley joining the show, The Talk Red Wings and The Talk Tigers.
Speaker 1: We're gonna got one last one, last take to get off where you got here? What's basketball? Football doesn't matter even be about one of the shows on the.
Speaker 2: Network brings back bring you heard it. Let's go, man, people, Labortini wants fans. Brother. We appreciate you man, Thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course the coming Yeah.
Speaker 5: Shout out to Labortini to go himself in person. We're gonna go to break. We're gonna come back. Like I said, we got Scott Bentley joining the show to talk about the Red Wings, to talk about the and what's going on there.
Speaker 2: But first, let me tell you about Planet Fitness.
Speaker 5: Planet Fitness is the home of the judgment free zone where anybody, we mean anybody can get a full body workout in thirty minutes. You get all of that in just fifteen minutes in the in the thirty minute circuit. You can get that for fifteen dollars a month, or upgrade to the black car and get you some money's like hydro massage, total body enhancement and access to every location in the world Planet Fitness joining clubro online at planefitness dot com. And let me tell you about All Day, All Day IPA. It's a Michigan staple, Founder's Brewing. They've been in the game for fifteen plus years with the All Day IPA. And you can get some near you at an artin Jakes Monday, the Wednesday and Sunday five dollars shorts of any Founders at artin Jakes near you. Go to All Day and find it at Foundersbrewing dot com. It's Founders Brewing, Michigan company supporting Michigan companies.
Speaker 11: The hunting season is almost to your Detroit and You're lions are on the prow make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reaction, Jared Goff touchdowns, Salmon Rock, the first downs, any Pancakes, Kirmy Ficks, Gibb's big plays, and of course Jack.
Speaker 9: Fox's leg yes Day.
Speaker 11: Locked in on all your lines coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 12: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with.
Speaker 2: Equipment for every workout?
Speaker 12: And how about free fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves them feeling energize all day long. Joint Planet Fitness Today with the free pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen.
Speaker 2: Dollars a month.
Speaker 13: Some days call for light, others lean bold, What about everything in between? All day IPA the easy choice for every day Citrusy Chris refreshing.
Speaker 14: You can float with light on the hops, Big on refreshment One's great two.
Speaker 13: Even better brewed with you and money, no short.
Speaker 14: Cuts, no fuss, big on flavors never too much all day ips hop into easy.
Speaker 11: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our side.
Speaker 4: Woodward Sports.
Speaker 10: Water Hazard is the first very first can drink from Founders. It's a vodka based cocktail at five percent ABV that's cindrucy, refreshing, and gluten free. Best served over ice with a slice of loven preferably get Fight Dollar cans at any ardent Jake's location in Michigan on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays. Please drink responsibly because you know I do water Hazard, y'all.
Speaker 2: Good job, Chris, Yeah, you tell it.
Speaker 1: Christy's gonna ice, checked the yeldo and shout the yellow eyes and they've been doing over thirty years, over one hundred thousand operations in the back pocket, that's why. And get it done gets you in and out within eight minutes and most people are seeing twenty twenty the very next day. Just with Y'ALLDOWI Center dot com slash sixteen ninety nine. Save yourself some money, don't keep paying for glasses and contacts. Just one time surgery. Get your eyes fixed with lasi at the yeldo ice.
Speaker 2: Shout out, y'all, though, shut out? What if?
Speaker 1: Welcome bike to whatever way it's live or sports dot com. I'm Easy, joined by SPINMOREX, Labor, Chris Jeffrey Walker in the building at Labertine the building, what a what a pleasure. I gotta tell you com in earlier next time, so we actually hang out with bathe bad comes all the way from from Dubai. He's only here for like fifteen minutes to hang out, but I guess we say it like twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Shout out.
Speaker 1: We also have another guest coming up here soon though, our guy Scott Bentley from Lockdown Tigers and Lockdown Red Wings. We're gonna pick his brain before he has to go and watch the Tigers game. I was got the on the market trade.
Speaker 9: What up?
Speaker 2: Man? Shut out?
Speaker 15: It's about damn time last man, My goodness, geez, we only have to pick curven Easy for about three years now, so I'm glad we uh even if digitally, I'm finally finally showing up.
Speaker 2: Hell, you gotta come through in person sometimes check out the new studio.
Speaker 15: Dude, I know, I I I've I can't stop seeing the new studio and everything looks fantastic.
Speaker 1: It's awesome, it's so much. It's the perfect spot.
Speaker 2: To be honestly, yeah, beauty.
Speaker 1: Speaking of perfect were not perfect spot, but we're getting there, working their way up. Detroit Tigers. That don't let the Tigers get hot you joking least that we sacrifice Larkin for the Detroit Tigers. We'll talk about that too.
Speaker 15: Man, I'd love it if we could just have like some normalcy for like three months.
Speaker 4: That'd be awesome.
Speaker 2: But you know, and.
Speaker 5: Looking looking at the Tigers though, I think, I mean, obviously we knew that when healthy, this pitching staff was going to be maybe not what it is right now, but at least one of the top pitching staffs in the American League. But you look at what we're seeing out of these young hitters.
Speaker 2: Riley Green.
Speaker 5: We know what Riley Green is now, he's a three time All Star, But I mean Dylan Dingler taking the step that he's taken to be arguably the best catcher in baseball, and then Kevin McGonagall putting up legitimate MVP type stats is rookie season? Like, how crazy has it been to see these hitters really catch their swing, no pun intended.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's good.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's fantastic, And like I think it's a to I talk about this all the time, so like for people that do listen to my show, I have beat this horse to death and back. But like it is bittersweet because it is awesome to see how well they are, and it's also a testament to, you know, how bad the rest of the team has to be when you have three of the best players in Major League Baseball on it and you're still you know, and they've pulled themselves out of it to an extent, right they're what eight games under five hundred now, but like they do you know how bad the rest of the team has to be to have legitimately two top ten players and then a third that's an All Star caliber all on your team, and all that were healthy throughout that entire month of May and still find yourself whatever they were, fourteen to fifteen games under at one point.
Speaker 4: Like it's it is.
Speaker 15: It's a great way to highlight kind of the team aspect of just the game of baseball in general. But it obviously is you know, it is the I think it's the easiest thing to point to in terms of you know that even the most pessimistic fans, they're like, oh, we blow it all up and start from scratch. It's like, well, like, no, right, you have a core. You have two players that are Dylan Bigler in his second full season and mcgonagall's a rookie like you, and they're both top ten players in the sport at the present moment. And so it's it's there is a core. There is a foundation that is laid and at a minimum, even if they sell of the deadline and whatever and the rest of the season sucks, we can walk away from twenty twenty six knowing that we have a core foundation in place.
Speaker 1: Speaking one of the things I'm coming away from twenty twenty six Troy Meltin yesterday shams of fire. Oh I just checked Zra one point eight two, I'm obvious saying it might be the best on the team out of the starters right now. Do we have something there? What's what's am I tripping? Am I am I early to the party here?
Speaker 15: Well, you are tripping, but not because of this. No, He's he's a demon man. I absolutely love that kid.
Speaker 4: He he is.
Speaker 15: My favorite clip is the one yesterday that was making the rounds. I think Reaver put it out of uh, you know, him meditating in the dugoubum who was batting somebody for the Athletics was like screaming and cussing on the field because of you know, the at bat that he just had, and I think that perfectly kind of epitomizes him. But no, throughout the course of the season, it's been super encouraging. Obviously, he misses the first what six eight weeks with an injury, he comes back and as a sub two era. Like you mentioned, I it's the progression of his career up to this point, even just the small sample size of this season. To go from a guy that was going seven even eight innings deep into a ballgame, but he was only having one or two strikeouts, right, and you were like, Okay, like this is awesome and he's really good and productive, but like he's throwing ninety nine he should probably be striking some more guys out. And now you have an outing like last one where he goes five and a third, but he has a career high in strikeouts, and it's like he has both he can do the cater Montero and just go as deep as you want and never get any strikeout and just get a ton of weak contact. Or he can do you know, the other extreme, which is like I'm gonna do like I guess Jack Flaerty's been better lately. But I don't want to compare him to Flair because people are gonna get mad at me. But like you know, you have like five or six inning out the outings with a ton of strikeouts, and it's like he has the ability. He's so young, he has the ability to marry those and be just like this all around incredible talent and uh yeah, throwing ninety nine on the black you know that that certainly doesn't hurt either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didnt see that coming, especially from that first start he had last year. Think it was the Pirates, And I remember I was in b dubs with my son and he's like, what's wrong, Dad, And I was like, I just I don't know Bubba the Tigers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Tigers man.
Speaker 5: And there's a couple other pictures that I want to get it too, most of them good because I don't want to look at Will vest and Kenley Jansen right now.
Speaker 2: I don't want to touch those.
Speaker 5: But speaking of a guy that is almost outside of Kyle Finnegan's single handedly saving the bullpen with Kyder Montero.
Speaker 2: You mentioned him shortly, Like.
Speaker 5: This guy, I mean talk about like pitching chaos personified into a single player starter, long relief, high leverage. He's got a couple closes out there now, a couple of saves that he's taking care of business in like three innings, which is kind of weird, but like how important has Kyder been just to the staff as a whole.
Speaker 15: He's a dog, I mean, he is the definition of an absolute dog man.
Speaker 4: He to have.
Speaker 15: The ability to be a starting pitcher and to have the numbers that he had as a starting pitcher, mind you, and then too because of you know, like the politics of it and the money you know that they're giving all these other starting pitchers, like, oh, we kind of have to you know, like kick you to the side whatever and put you in the bullpen. And for him to just do that anyway and continue to be great is unbelievable. I He's awesome. Like he will forever have a fan in me just because of that, right, because of the do whatever is asked miss of his season and really of his career up to this point. But yeah, he he is the CEO of you know, I'm not gonna get a ton of strikeouts or swings and misses, but I'm also not gonna get barreled up. Ever, everything is just a pop out or it's a weak grounder, or it's a routine flyout. And that's why when he does start he's able to go his seven plus innings into games is because he's you know, getting people out in two pitches because that everyone no one can barrel him up, but everyone gets bad on ball. So it's it's fascinating to watch him. And he's even i mean just from last year this year, taking you know, steps forward, he's up two three miles an hour from what he was. And yeah, he's very impressive and also like not that old, and you kind of pencil him in. If you do end up trading my school, you lose flairty like whatever or whatever. Like you have young pictures that can at least fill that void to an extent.
Speaker 5: And how much do you see because like you said, he's a young picture. He didn't really know where he fell in the pecking order of the Tigers with all the big names and the young talent that you have in that rotation. How much did him being the man on Team Venezuela and then winning the World Baseball Classic like help his confidence of Okay, I'm you know, I'm just as good as this as anybody in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very well so.
Speaker 15: And like Emanuel DeJesus, a big factor on Team Venezuela as well, who obviously got optioned but like hadn't given up a run in a month before he got sent down a triple A, which I don't even want to get into that decision making process, but like it's yeah, man, And you know, like on top of that, not to get like like big picture you zoom out on the landscape of the world, but like Venezuela's going through a lot of stuff right now.
Speaker 4: And I think that is, you.
Speaker 15: Know, having that game right before Emanuel de Haysus got sent down where Montero started, then DJ came in and closed the door. It's like that that kind of stuff is why sports is awesome. And so yeah, I think there's absolutely something to be said for on that. I I also think that for as much as he is willing to do whatever the coaching staff asks of him, which I I love and appreciate about him. I do think there's a little bit of like chip on your shoulder aspect of this as well. Right, Like, I've done literally everything that's been asked of me in my entire major league career, and I still can't get past some of these guys who have worse numbers than me, but are just you know, like higher on the pecking order or getting paid more. I think that there's certainly an aspect of that within it as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've always been a kind of Montero guy. Uh, well, since you start balling well last year, but I.
Speaker 2: Since you started pitching with well, I.
Speaker 1: Remember, I remember I was asking like what I am?
Speaker 2: I kept asking that you guys can tell he's.
Speaker 5: Kind of he's fucking I mean when we were down, when we were down to Mismai Montero, I said I had the most faith in Montero.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was denied. I was denied being able to be a Montero fan. But a guy I want to ask you bout it's been a hot button topic here in Detroit four for it was two three years now, and it's Terrek Scooble being that we got a lot of these young guys coming up job. Obviously we talked about earlier about Melton. Where are you at with the probability of trading him or versus signing him?
Speaker 4: First off, did you show up an F bomb? That's cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh you know, whatever you want, dude, Thanks.
Speaker 15: For man, man, I am so I get in front of a camera and a mic, and I'm just so pre trained on my own show now, like oh you gotta. When I first started, I had a piece of an eight and a half by eleven piece of paper and sharpie that said no cussing taped behind my camera because I was I I cursed like a sailor. So thank you both for your your contribution. No, man, I I think when it comes to Terrek, it's like I am somewhat okay with I. They're extreme in the sense that if they want to go all in and just say fuck it, we're just gonna go and and we're within two games at the deadline, we'll bring in and trade for some bullpen pieces. You know, we're gonna hope that we get some guys back, maybe even we call up some of the like young prospects, and we're gonna fucking go for it then great, Like I'm i the whole point of this is to win, and having one of the best pitchers in the planet helps you win. And this was supposed to be a year in which you won before all of these guys became free agents. On the other end, I am very okay with we think we can get such a disgusting return for him, and we're under five hundred at the deadline, and we're four, five, six whatever games out of it. Let's just trade him. And even like I mean to both of your points earlier, the rotation has been so good it's like, even without Schooble there, obviously you're gonna miss Sarah's scoobl I'm not trying to apply that, but like you can certainly hold face right, like you can continue to be productive even without him, And so I think there is something to be said for that aspect of it as well of just like if we can get a god return, then like why would we not go for the King's ransom? And again, as I mentioned at the top of this, like you have a young core in place to build around. If you trade schoobl that is not you writing off the next three or four years like a lot of other rebuilds do right like that, that's not what this would be. This would be We're gonna get close to, if not already young major league talent for one of the best pitchers in baseball. Those guys can immediately be injected into the lineup card and on our team control for a while. You have job coming back next year, you have results in coming back next year, You already have talented arms in there, and hopefully you get some bats in a school trade that maybe can make the offense a little bit more consistent as well.
Speaker 4: I don't hate either of those options. I will live with.
Speaker 15: The one that I will completely lose my shit over is if they go, Okay, I.
Speaker 4: Have this happens. You would not believe it.
Speaker 15: That happens like three or four times a month on the Red Wings Show, and it is always the worst time thing on a fucking planet.
Speaker 4: The one I can't live with as much.
Speaker 15: Is if they go into the deadline and say, you know what, we aren't going to extend Schooble. We know that we aren't going to trade for Schooble because or trade away Scooba, rather because we are like three four games out of it we don't want to punt on the season, and then they stand pat they go the rest of the year. They don't make the playoffs because they are under five hundred at the deadline and because one guy that plays every five days is not enough to will them, and then all of a sudden he walks for nothing, you missed the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 4: That is my nightmare.
Speaker 15: I lose sleep over that scenario often because I think it is such a a there is a legitimate chance that that ends up happening, and I think that I wouldn't put it past this front office to do that either way. Just make a decision on purpose and I'll live with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, That's what I met to is like, are they playing chicken with the new cbach? Maybe they're hoping the tailor cap is coming. I don't even know what the reasoning is, but I don't know. I guess goes And I asked the Scott Harris question, but where are you at with like what's even going on? Like why aren't they deciding anything?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Man, I mean there's like a whole bag of worms with with Scott Harris into visually, I think that there is I think both extremes are kind of blown out of proportion there. I guess the exact opposite of my school take is is like the more centrist option is probably more of like reality and sense of his breakdown, Like he has done pretty well in drafts. I think that player development has taken a lot of leaps forward since he took over from what it was in the previous regime.
Speaker 4: I also think.
Speaker 15: That there are a lot of off seasons and trade deadlines now we have what three or four of those now where it's like, have we been pleased after a single trade deadline since he you know, came here, Like I think probably not. Have we been super aggressive in any offseason? This one is probably the most aggressive, and it was fromber who ironically is your worst starting pitcher at the moment. Like I just I think there is a there is good to take, there is bad to take, And I think that you need someone who is again at a minimum, just willing to actually pick a fucking direction and go for it in the whatever that direction is, but actually like go all in on whatever that direction you pick ends up being. And I worry that this team is, especially post Schooble, like could find itself kind of in like that murky middle that no team in any spot wants.
Speaker 2: To be in.
Speaker 15: But again, you have a foundation, you have players who can build around. It's just a matter of making the right decisions and doing that correctly.
Speaker 5: So before we get into the red Wings, because we got a lot there as well with Dylan Larkin and now.
Speaker 2: Opening his list up wide today.
Speaker 5: But yeah, right, the good you mentioned a little bit Jackson job and obviously he made his first rehab assignment last night or two days ago, and he was pumping, you know, triple digit fastballs in there on the first pitch.
Speaker 2: What do you expect his timeline to.
Speaker 5: Be returning to the Tigers this year and what they're going to get out of him.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I've said this a lot. I am genuinely, I am more I am I don't even know how to word this, even though I've said it a lot, apparently, I just I am very much.
Speaker 4: Of the position that anything he gives.
Speaker 15: You this year in terms of like productive major league level pitching is just icing on the cake.
Speaker 4: I think it is far more important for him to return.
Speaker 15: This year for his outlook of next year, if that makes sense, because that changes your entire offseason. Right, if you're a rehabbing pitcher that hasn't thrown, then your off season isn't an off season program. It's a rehab program. And then you're kind of starting from score when spring training rolls around, where if he even gets a month under his belt this year of major league pitching, even if it's out of the bullpen, on top of that, it's like, Okay, well he threw at the major league level and wasn't hurt. Now his off season is a normal off season for a major league arm in twenty twenty six or twenty twenty seven, right, and so he's gonna be fully ready assuming we play baseball next year. So like I think that there is it. It excites me a lot more for the future and and anything he would give you this year again would kind of just be like a cherry on top. I'm not expecting him to come back in August in like a month and be, you know, like some bona fide ace. You know, again, even before the injury, the dude had what two and a half months of major league baseball under his belt, and he was pitching through a semi torn ucl for part of it. Like I just I don't think we have a perfect gauge on what he's going to do when he does return in twenty twenty six. All I know is that if he stays healthy beyond twenty twenty six, he's gonna be incredible. And I think that's more so I didn't really answer your question, but like, I'm not expecting the world I guess out of him this year. I think he probably comes back toward the end of August early September. Gives you, you know, especially if they're out of it. You know, starts every five days just for development. You see what happens there.
Speaker 1: So it sound like you like the stuff before the injury.
Speaker 15: Then, dude, he's he's a unicorn man like I he is.
Speaker 4: He's so good.
Speaker 15: Dude, he's gonna throw He's gonna throw one hundred and one mile hour fastballs with the spinniest spin you've ever seen on his breaking balls. He's he's gonna be fine. Like there's people that are like, oh my goodness. In his first outing back after not having pitched in a year, he only had one strikeout and couldn't get withs or whatever. It's like, dude, he threw one hundred and one at twenty three years old and is coming off Tommy john like he's he's gonna be more than fine and high school.
Speaker 1: Maybe such a nasty fucking line up, dude, Oh my.
Speaker 5: God, Now you know, pivoting to the Detroit Red Wings, who they've got a lot of concerns on their own.
Speaker 2: In situations going on.
Speaker 5: And we'll start with the most breaking news that today came out that Dylan Larkin, like or Dylan Larkin, you know, oh daring today, aren't we, sir, added the Dallas Stars to his trade request list. And Steve Eiserman, you know, being Steve Eisman says, all right, you want to go to Dallas? Give me why Johnston a younger, more talented, more lucrative contract center. So is this what we're gonna see from Larkin and Steve Wiseman just the pissing contest until we actually see a legitimate expansion of his trade team list.
Speaker 4: There is.
Speaker 15: Like eight different tangents I could go on just in the statement you just made like that, there is so many different angles to this.
Speaker 4: I think that it is.
Speaker 15: From where I sit, I truly believe it's it's a lot less black and white than maybe the general public has made it out to be in the sense that like Larkin has these three teams and and and that's it. I think this was not to say that that's not what happened, but I am saying that he gave three teams. Ierman said Okay, go fuck yourself, and then they they kind of pivot from there, and Ireman is not It's not as though he's only speaking to the three teams on Larkin's list, right like he I think that he is going to take time, which frustrates me, but like I think he's gonna take his time with this, and he's going to try to get and talk to as many teams as possible and drive up the price as much as possible. And Leo Carlson signing for eighteen million dollars a year certainly is gonna help his case there.
Speaker 4: But like that, there's a lot of.
Speaker 15: Factors throughout the offseason that probably will rise his price at least as of late. And I think Eiserman's gonna collect Okay, these five or six teams, I like the trade return that they offered me for Larkin. Then he can go to Larkin and say these are the four or five teams that I will trade you to. If you don't want to wave your NTC tough shit, you're gonna sit in the press box all year. So like figure it out right, Like, and I think there is something to be said for them finding a middle to ground eventually. I do not anticipate, and maybe I look like an ass and in two months he is is just gonna still be on the Red Wings and he's only gonna go to three teams or four teams now or whatever. But like, I don't anticipate this being a scenario where you know, the were a month into the season and Larkin is still like on the Red Wings. Like, I think they're gonna come to some sort of compromise and meet in the middle, even if they both hate each other at the moment.
Speaker 1: Was it the quinn Ues trade? You think it was the final straw for Larkin, the fact that he's been begging for some other people to come here. You had that on the table and he said, no.
Speaker 15: I shit, man, I think it might have been the final straw for me. I'll tell you that. Golly yeah, I think that certainly is Uh, it was a big factor.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 15: It's it's just it's so interesting because he yes, that certainly, I'm sure was a factor. But you also look at where all of these players that are magically demanding trades that have ntcs are from around the league. They all played for Team USA, and like, obviously they accomplished something awesome and it was super fun to root for them, and and that was a peak twenty twenty six sports moment, right. It also is not should not be lost on anybody that pretty much everyone who has demanded out of their current franchise was on Team USA this year is requesting trades to teams that also have players on Team USA on. And I'm not trying to make this some big like I have a tinfoil hat on or whatever. I think ultimately, these that want to win and the best players are on the best teams, right and they're like, no shit, But I think that there is something to be said for they are are going to try their dadsts to make sure that they're on you know, teams with their brothers or teams with like their best friends or their college roommates or like you know what I mean, Like it just happens, so that.
Speaker 4: That's what most of these guys lists look like. So I don't know.
Speaker 15: We'll see. I would still be shocked if it wasn't resolved by opening night. I fully expect him to get moved. I don't think it does either party any good to hold this out into the regular season. But I also think Iserman is is. I don't I want someone whatever he's he's got everything like he is that like uh in white Universe like the Jaws and thing like whatever, like you want to swing high at first?
Speaker 4: Like fine. The report that pissed.
Speaker 15: Me off then was the follow up was that Dallas reportedly this is all you know, who knows what's true and what's not. Reportedly Alfred Robertson, you had your golden ticket, you had a one hundred point winger for Dylan Larkin, and apparently Ierman said no because A he would have cost a ton to extend and B he then still doesn't have a center. What the fuck are we talking about? What what are we doing? Like I that that infuriated me more than maybe any report this entire summer, to be completely real with you, But well, we'll see. I think I think it's gonna be a long offseason because that's what.
Speaker 2: I look at it.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's you know the similar like you know, Robo would have to sign the extension and that would be the biggest thing. Is like you know you're not gonna give him up for a one year guy, but like that's what I we just finished wilber Wings earlier. If you're sitting here as Steve Eiserman saying I want a ready now player in this process, which I personally, I don't know if that's the best decision, but you have to be willing to pay that guy ready now player money. And so like fourteen million dollars for a guy that was at ninety six points last year is not that much of an ask.
Speaker 4: He's not old either.
Speaker 15: And on top of that, I that is the point you made there at the end is the part of this that infuriates me the most. He is he is asking for a like a unicorn, for a lockness monster. Like this doesn't exist. No one is giving you a superstar talent that is not paid any money for thirty year old Dylan market. It's not happening that that doesn't that barely even exists in the sport period, no less as a return for Dylan Larkin. So like I don't know where like and again like part of his negotiation.
Speaker 4: Like you start high and then you work the way back down whatever.
Speaker 15: But like that now there's reports that like, oh, he's like wary of extending Cat because you know, like he's not sure if he's seeing the price tag for all the other Wings that are currently not Red Wings, that the position wings out there in the NHL, and they're getting so much money. It's like, well, yeah, dude, the salary cap is fucking skyrocketing. Leo Carlson just got eighteen mil. No shit, a forty goal scorer is gonna get a lot of fucking money. And the whole point is to get good players. You can't have good players and not pay anybody that doesn't exist. That that's not feasible in any sport, especially a salary cap sports. So like, I don't know what the fuck we're doing anymore, genuinely, guy, got I am so lost with the amount of different directions we've been pulled in.
Speaker 4: And I really really really.
Speaker 15: Hope that because I think you bring up a great point where it's like, is it actually the best thing to try to continue to be competitive or you let Kane walk, you trade Cat instead of extending him because you trade Larkin for future assets and you just go, you know what, we still have Cider and Raymond under contract for whatever six and seven years, respectively. Like, let's just make them the pillars of the future, will build around them, will suck for a year or two, and then try to pull ourselves back into it with the assets we get there again, very similar point I'm gonna make. I'm okay with either as long as it's intentionally the direction you pick. I cannot stand in front offices, and we've had so many of them over the last plus years. I cannot fucking stand front offices that go, well, the market is going to decide our future. Fuck, you decide your own future, like put put something on the table, and you are paid millions of dollars to run this franchise, run it like, like, actually make a decision and don't let thirty one other gms determine your team's future determine your own future. And like that's obviously easier said than done. But that's like my biggest gripe with front offices in general.
Speaker 16: I agree, I don't know, don't don't don't you know pussy foot on both sides, Like that the worst place you can stay in sports is mediocrity because they.
Speaker 4: Know we're already there, dude.
Speaker 1: Like I said, he was like, yeah, we're trying to build back to here.
Speaker 17: Why why we should be trying to get back to being the best team to miss the playoffs in a sport where half the NHL makes the postseason awesome? Or we're trying to get will our way back to being a bottom half team in the NHL.
Speaker 4: Like I, if you can get better, get fucking better.
Speaker 15: Man, If you can get Robo, obviously you just got better in my eyes, right, Like that's all great, hold on the best players try to win, But there is something to be said for just picking one or the other and going in on that rather than well, we'll just got to wait and see what happens and see if maybe you know, things change at some point.
Speaker 1: Because he said himself to like, we need good we need better players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, what are you doing? Then?
Speaker 3: What you're doing?
Speaker 5: In my mind, if you make the Robo trade and you pay him what he deserves, which is you know, seven years, thirteen to fourteen million and your first then you can figure out your center spot later, like your first line being Larkin. I mean, uh, Raymond Finney robo and then you've got Cat cop Arvidson, Like that's already better than what your top six was last year.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be real with you.
Speaker 15: Easy could get fifty points centering robo, dude, centering robo and Raymond fucking you and I could go out there and we could have a forty point season, like let's let let's I It's also then it goes back to like the draft, like I could just keep going man like I am. It's it's so exhausting, Like we've drafted all these two way centers since you know Eiserman took over. None of them are one sea material awesome like that, that's a that's a good luck because we've been really bad some of those years. Like I just there is there. There is so many layers to it, and I think I completely agree that. It's like, how about we get the superstar talent and figure out the rest later. How about we get the one hundred point guy in his twenties now and extend him long term. And again, like the caveat with all that is, if he doesn't want to come here, then then he doesn't want to come here. There's nothing Steve can do about that. But like the it's it's mind blowing to me that like, oh, well, he doesn't play the exactly right position, you're not gonna get this beautiful bow that, like this gift wrapped perfect return for him.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to do something.
Speaker 15: And if that report is true, I have completely lost fanization.
Speaker 5: Oh hey, buddy, you want Wyatt Johnston so bad you should have drafted him over the goalie you just gave up.
Speaker 1: I was just about to ask that, how do you feel about the costa trade?
Speaker 4: Fuck? Like like like I don't know.
Speaker 15: I'm at a point where it's like, he you you got more than I thought you could have gotten for him, Like for a guy that's played, he got called up for one NHL game and has released zero NHL experience to get a first round pick for him in any capacity, even if it wasn't the back end, that's a wit so Like, good job, you count your losses.
Speaker 4: You spent a first time and you got one. Brother. I was at I was boots on ground.
Speaker 15: I was boots on ground at LCA beer that they took Cosa, Nolan, Beyonce and I were walking around LCA. They had the big you know, like projector or whatever. They're like, the Wings are trading up and we all lost our shit. We're like, they already took you know, a skater in what was that that the Evanson year maybe, like they already took somebody in the in the top ten and they're now trading up and this is the Wallstet year, right, Like we're gonna get this goalie, and they're why would you trade up for anything other than a goal You're gonna get Wallstet And we had.
Speaker 4: Him on lockdown Red Wings. It fucking hurts.
Speaker 15: My soul still, and like all of this shit, like it were like he's the best goalie in the class. He's he's one of the best goalie prospects. Like over the last few years, he's the only first round projected goalie. It's obviously him, and then it's Cosa and we got over him. We're like Cosa's is you know, he was the second best goalie mocked. He's talented, he's he's huge, he's very ethnic like all of these things, and like he was good the last two years. The issue I have is not the returns. It's the fact that a I think they completely fucked Cosa over pretty much every way to Sunday. But b I also think that from the context of where the roster currently stands, right, you're like, Okay, Cosa, you have to either guarantee him the backup job next year or trade him because he's waiver exempt next season.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 15: You can't put him down in grand rapids after the season that just ended ended, right, So like it was rubber beats the road. They had to either trade him or just guarantee him as Gibson's backup next year. And if you don't think he's good enough to be Gibson's backup, then yeah, you fucking trade him, And that's what they did. But I also think there is something to be said for if you end up in a position where Larkin is traded for future assets you don't extend cap, well, then you're not gonna be very good. You are probably then gonna trade Gibson at the deadline this year, and then it would have been a great scenario to then in your retool rebuilding year to play your rookie, former first round goalie and see what he has in the tank. So like, I think they completely just fucked him over. Trey Augustine's a dog. It's okay. The organization is fine in terms of that. They are more than okay. But I do feel for Coast and I'm glad he's getting an opportunity. But yeah, first round value for him with zero NHL games under his belt er one NHL game on his belt is more than enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, That's how it was.
Speaker 5: It was like, oh, you traded you know, your third best goal attender prospect for a first round run.
Speaker 2: That's a win.
Speaker 5: But also like you just wasted this kid's like we drafted and then you got what twenty one, twenty three?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, and you had to trade up to get to fifteen. That wasn't your pick.
Speaker 15: You gave up assets to move up to get him and then traded him before he was in the NHL.
Speaker 2: And they took why John's at twenty three?
Speaker 4: Awesome stuff, man, awesome stuff.
Speaker 2: That's all. It's so depressing, it really is, it really is.
Speaker 4: It's just, dude, it's a humiliation ritual.
Speaker 15: Every day Brian and I have to sit in front of a fucking camera and talk about the Red Wings right now.
Speaker 4: Awesome, man, awesome stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they sacrifice all what's going on now for the cess they had in the nineties and the early two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's nobody feels bad for us.
Speaker 15: I think that's the big thing too, is you look around the other fan bases and whatnot in the NHL, not a soul feels bad for what the Detroit Red Wings are at because everyone still hates them regardless.
Speaker 1: So was Verbik the one working the magic in Tampa when they were together?
Speaker 2: Like what.
Speaker 15: I mean, Verbik's given Leo Carlson eighteen million baby, I mean, we'll see, it's a that's a whole different.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 15: I think he completely fucked over that situation by not getting an extension done last summer, even for him.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 15: I I it's funny that the Athletic, I think it was the Athletic that a poll where they said who are the toughest and most difficult gms to negotiate with? And Verbeek blew everybody out of the water. He was comfortably number one. And I was like, man, that's so interesting for uh, you know, from our perspective, he was the second in command and then like obviously Oserman, we know how much of a like Penny Pincher he can kind of be and how stingy he can be at his price is his price and you got to match it or whatever. And then it's like, well, like you know, chicken or egg, like who learned what from what? Because they both seem to be very much to an extreme level of that type of GM for sure.
Speaker 5: Scott, we appreciate you so much for joining us and breaking down about damn time man.
Speaker 15: No, I I appreciate you all for reaching out easy. I appreciate you for not giving up on me and continue and to reach out after like three years of curving you. But yeah, I'll come check out the new uh, the new Cribbo, and we'll kick it at some point, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah man.
Speaker 5: But before we let you go, Yeah, two questions that I gotta get answers to. One, Where does Dylan Larkin play next year or after the Red Wings? If you don't think it's next year?
Speaker 2: Who is Dylan Larkin's next team?
Speaker 4: Uh? I think?
Speaker 1: Fuck?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 15: I think of the four teams, I mean, you'd imagine that those would be the most likely. I would think that Dallas is the most likely of those. I think he wants to play for Minnesota the most. I do not think that is happening, because Minnesota has no middle class player. Everyone is either someone you really want or someone you really don't want. I don't think a trade line's up for them. I think Dallas is probably the most likely and.
Speaker 5: Second one and final one. What would you say if I said the Red Wings need to absolutely offer a twenty one million dollar offer sheet to maclan Celebrini when it comes available.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Fuck, yeah, man, let's do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, why question?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What I mean?
Speaker 4: Without hesitation? Man, yeah, I let's do it.
Speaker 15: I to me, they are at a point now where I it's so fascinating because from the Sharks perspective, there should be no way on God's green earth that you let him get to an offer sheet part of his contract. Right like you, They're gonna do everything in their power to extend him. But from Celebrini's perspective, why the fuck would like? He is a just gonna be like, dude, don't accept shit, don't accept anything they put in front of you. You can You're gonna get twenty plus mil. With your eyes closed. You can go lay a dud this year.
Speaker 4: You could.
Speaker 15: You can put up sixty five points and you'll get twenty mil next year, Like, are you shitting me?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: I it is a.
Speaker 15: Really interesting kind of dichotomy of like who breaks first? But yeah, if he gets to that, I think a lot of teams are probably gonna throw an offer sheet his way.
Speaker 4: And I think, uh, yeah, dude, fuck it? Why not?
Speaker 15: I are you hey twenty one mili and you have to lose your next four first round picks? In no universe am I even hesitating to throw.
Speaker 2: That his way?
Speaker 4: But I think our front office, in its current iteration, would what not?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 5: What I mean Maclenfell Breney is literally like Sidney Crosby two point zero, And if you would not throw that money at him, I just yeah, no, if you if you wouldn't pay him, you literally wouldn't pay anybody.
Speaker 4: Correct, No, that's a great way to put it. Yeah, if not him, who?
Speaker 1: I got one last question because I know you like, yeah, all Detroit sports, not just Tigers and Pistons. But I'm sorry Tigers, we talked those most any Detroit Pistons or Lions takes you want to get off your chest while we got you here?
Speaker 15: Man, Well, I mean, honestly, Lions, I'm pumped. I uh, I'm excited for this year. I have high hopes. I think that there is maybe a little bit of like just I don't know, following sports, maybe just as a society as a whole. We do like the Piets in Valley thing where everything's either like the best team ever or like is dog shit. And I feel like maybe we've swung too far on the pendulum with the Lions, and everybody's really down after last year and how they got elimited the year before. So I'm expecting like a like a pretty decent year. I still have question with the defense, which I know you guys do too, but like, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 15: I think I'll be fine the Stones, man, I'm I'm I mean what an off season, you know, Like I just I can feel, you know, company plug like who does a great job with with lockdown Stones. I just I don't know, man, it's a I like the Collins ad. I also hate losing like Sasser, I you know, like if you keep dirt, fuck this whole durrant thing. That's what I have to say, man, Like, let's just what is just so I'm not gonna like beat around the bush. I'm so glad I could Cuss on air. That's such a refreshing wave of energy for me. I just what, like this whole thing is a really really stupid and b is was so avoidable from both parties, and like, honestly it it would like suck if if Duran ends up not finding his way back here and you just lost like Stu, then I mean you you go from a lot of center depth to like almost no center depth pretty quickly. But at the same time, I completely stand with the Pistons front office in the sense of, like, we're not gonna give you max money just because you're throwing a tantrum about it. Like like straight up, I can respect the negotiation aspect of it entirely, and I get everything is planned and everything has you know, intent or whatever. I am not going to cave to you. And and point in case, you've been available for the rest of the NBA for what three weeks now, no one has given you a max offfer like you are you are not that guy. You're You're not doing it. Especially you're right, especially with with the signings that like the Kings and the Lakers have made now nobody can afford. So like I do appreciate the front office standing like ten toes down, stand on business and just be like, you know what, man, we're not paying you that. We don't think anybody else will either. Let's see how it plays out. And now, when at the beginning of free agency, Durant had all the leverage, now it's the opposite. Now the Pistons have all the leverage in the world. They just be like, well, we're just gonna knock two mil off a day until you grow up. Like, I don't know, I think that whole saga was so pointless, stupid and avoidable for a guy that's probably gonna come back for less than the max in a few weeks anyway, I just that was so unnecessary and you missed out on a lot of other free agents because you had to deal with, you know, the fucking drama that was happening from your your center that mind you shit his draws in the fucking most season. Like I just, I don't know, the whole thing was was was very avoidable. But as much as I give like him in the situation ship he's he's a damn good player and the team would be worse without him on it.
Speaker 4: So like I hope he does come back, just not.
Speaker 1: For Max money.
Speaker 5: And Darren literally went out there and said, who wants with his own mouth, I want to play in Sacramento.
Speaker 2: But that wasn't even enough to get him Max money.
Speaker 15: So like, yeah, also, he didn't do that with the Lakers or the Celtics or the Knicks.
Speaker 4: He was the fucking Kings man, you know how, like with all due.
Speaker 15: Respect, do you know how like what kind of player you gotta be to be like, hey, I want to play for the Kings and the Kings are like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, takes, uh, it takes. I don't know.
Speaker 15: I I think that was just again I I I really like the player, and I hope he's here next year for not Max money, and I hope he's a foundational piece going forward.
Speaker 4: I just I lost a lot of respect.
Speaker 15: For like how this whole process shuk out was just insanely stupid to me.
Speaker 1: But man, I appreciate that fucking electric that was worth waiting for three years. Fireworks Yeah, literally, we even got the fireworks easy.
Speaker 15: I tried to reply to one of your tweets a few weeks ago and my phone literally said can out reply? Like I wasn't connected to the Wi Fi or anything. So you got bailed out. You You had posted a picture of you in the gym with some big ass weights, okay, and I replied and said I replied and said, okay, you got your pick and I'll go grab them tens. And it.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't go through.
Speaker 15: So I wanted to make sure that that awesome joke was told despite the fact that Twitter wouldn't let me reply with it.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. I appreciate the confidence to me.
Speaker 2: Scotti.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 15: I appreciate you boys for real, thanks for thanks for finally doing this.
Speaker 5: Absolutely Scott, appreciate your brother and like you said, we gotta get you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Check out the new Digs.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely good to talk to you man.
Speaker 5: I would go on Mango Tigers, shout out Scottie Badley, dude, locked on Tigers, locked on Red Wings. Make sure you stay tuned with everything he's got going on. One of the best in the game covering uh at least at least the Tigers are starting to give him some some things to.
Speaker 2: Be happy about.
Speaker 5: You know, it was pretty bad there being the Red Wings and Tigers reporter about a month ago, wofause.
Speaker 1: You got wings Tuesday Thursday. He is to every day every day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, at least the Tigers are giving him something to smile about.
Speaker 2: Would you offer sheet but Art? Yeah? Probably. Garrett's been talking.
Speaker 5: That's been Garret's been driving that bus about offer sheeting but Dard. Yeah, he said it before Carlson got offer sheheeted that he would offer sheet the dart.
Speaker 1: So now what do you think it would be?
Speaker 5: Now, it'll probably be no, no, no, no, it'll probably it'll probably be around there.
Speaker 1: Get on Mike and the mic, Garret, Mike Schmidt.
Speaker 18: I wouldn't be surprised if Philly offer sheheets Badar, just because I mean, you look how heavy they are for a center and dropping eighteen million dollars on for sure, Leo Carlson, who's don't get me wrong, he is a good player, but he's nothing like your Connor McDavid. Nathan McKenny is nothing like that. So they're really desperate. So I'm curious to see if they would actually like do anything offsheet wise with Badard. You actually be nasty on Philly, Yeah, and doing him and Marton is I mean, Martone's a dogs. Yeah, put anyone decent at center with Martona and he's gonna light it up.
Speaker 2: Oh man, all right, let's go to break. We'll come back. Uh, what are we gonna talk? We got lions on the docket.
Speaker 5: We might do a watch party. What's going with the Pistons? You might do a Piston Summer League watch party.
Speaker 2: I'm get to that one. Get how much time? How much times left in that?
Speaker 9: I just started the second?
Speaker 2: Just start, let's go. Yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 1: Though, Chris, when I said I need a link, I don't have him mass We're fucking link pal.
Speaker 2: That's true, true, this guy.
Speaker 4: I just needed to hear you public state, Yeah, broke, all right?
Speaker 1: No, girls got Amazon. I saw the money, you know, Amazon crazy.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to break.
Speaker 5: We got a rookie double up, triple up, pretty mu all right, let's double up? Yeah, double again, and let's put together this watch party scenario.
Speaker 2: You guys, a double up? Okay? All right?
Speaker 9: So the Mortgage and Buddies Mortgage Pros, Mortgage Pros, Jeff.
Speaker 3: All right, are you looking for a career upgrade?
Speaker 10: Check out Mortgage Pros and number one mortgage broker to work for in the state of Michigan. We saw their incredible company culture, first hand at their annual block party. Their team truly loves what they do in the shows. With four point nine stars on Google and over four thousand reviews, the reputation speaks for itself. So if you are looking for a new job, give Mortgage Pros and Choy a call and two four eight four one six one three six one Mortgage Pros. Let the pros handle it.
Speaker 9: And talking about pros. Buddies Pizza the pro of the original Detroit Style Pizza of the original Detroit Style Pizza creator. You can say ten percent on a meal with the promo code ten meal. That's ten meal at Buddiesspizza dot com. Remember they offer more than just pizza. You're talking salad, you're talking breadsticks, you're talking cheese breads, you're talking chicken wigs, meatballs, all that. Make sure you're tapped in with Buddy's Pizza. Check it out for more Detroit Tigers coverage.
Speaker 11: Make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube. Old Tigers all the time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans and can't get enough for the Motorcity's teams.
Speaker 3: All season long.
Speaker 11: You'll get NonStop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable inside from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 5: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit, and that's that's why I think it's cool.
Speaker 19: I think with opportunity, right, Like you said, maybe you'd like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face. You want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and if you have an avenue here, maybe you start at one and then want to change to the other. I don't care. I just want to in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that. Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best of your ability? And you know it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 5: Rive Energy pouches give me the energy and clarity to find and beat the ship out of every opportunity to shows its face.
Speaker 3: Re echo st create the wave.
Speaker 10: We can plasm swinging, get your headshot, point blank, dead stop.
Speaker 3: Sixteen Grive Energy pouches are for the people who actually want to win. Not for the cry babies out there who are happy with the participation of Wok.
Speaker 2: There's zero ship, so give thriving trunks.
Speaker 5: C claric.
Speaker 4: It's game on.
Speaker 9: At Art and Jake's wings Burgers, pizza and ice cold drinks served up with attention into detail.
Speaker 1: Wall to wall TV's great service and a vibe that keeps your crew coming back.
Speaker 9: Art and Jake's a sports bar setting with a fine dining flavor.
Speaker 11: Jimiir Gibbs breakout season floating.
Speaker 2: To the ASoft Touchdown.
Speaker 11: Woodward Sports, the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around the hunting season is almost to your Detroit's and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Common Roth first downs, Penny pancakes, Kirby picks, Gibbs big plays, and of course Jack Fox's leg Stay locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 9: Sports Supreme lending Man. Check out the boys, Chad and Chris. Their numbers are on the screen. They got zero percent doull payment programs and if you tell them that Woodwards sports cents. You guess what you get a little, you get a little extra, You get a little money off. You get five hundred dollars off your appraisal. And why wouldn't you do it? Because not only do you get money off their your appraisal, you also have a ninety seven percent customer satisfaction score at Supreme Lending and the ninety nine percent on time. These guys don't waste your time and they save you money. Check out the boys at Supreme Lending. Yeah, we'll come.
Speaker 4: Back to it.
Speaker 9: We'll come back to it. We'll come back to me while you're getting set up and everything. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So guys, we are getting set up for the watch party. I am. I am setting up that right now. Not the read though, No you you grabbed his cam.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so Easy's cam is set up. So we are setting up the watch party as we speak. Do we have the mic hot and ready? All right? Cool? So I'll cut it over to that and we will get pissed in Summerleague watch party started now.
Speaker 20: Little love date, Yeah, had a couple of nice shots.
Speaker 10: He didn't have a step back three where you get open and then to runner.
Speaker 6: Other than that, this pision team.
Speaker 1: Somebody really, I don't know much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that's ridiculous. Well, Abucay with the.
Speaker 9: Ball right now, all right, let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's see him.
Speaker 5: I just want to see him create his own shot.
Speaker 9: He was passive to start. He was passive to start. He was more in a facilitating role. Now I think I think you're gonna see him up as the game goes on. That is, yes, I believe, Yes, sir.
Speaker 4: Get hopefully.
Speaker 9: Mike good. Mike's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so hopefully can take care of business and get to the more during the regular season.
Speaker 4: Uh, you like to see it there?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's something the Pisses need, is they need somebody that that draws follows. It should be k Kuneham. He's trending in that direction. He had some good games last year in regards to that. But you know that, you know, the easiest points you can get on a basketball court of free throws, and you know, and having Abuka be able to draw free throws would be a great, great addition to the Pisses team.
Speaker 5: Hercules. All right, the rebound there, you got running the floor Lanier for three break.
Speaker 9: But the chemistry is already there. The chemistry is just undeniable.
Speaker 2: You can he needs to make those shots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it should should be working. Uh test just heard it, he's got Yeah. Can you put the headset on.
Speaker 5: Abuka getting to the lane there trying to get a top finish.
Speaker 3: The traffic doesn't hear them.
Speaker 4: Oh past, oh damn.
Speaker 2: So far, just because that's what I.
Speaker 9: Mean here, all right, all right, chat, thank you, Thank you guys. We are figuring this out. Thank you for staying with us. Appreciate you guys rocking. We are getting everything set. We will be all good on sounded just a second here. Shout out to the boys making it work right now pistons aliop all right, from number forty six to number thirteen. I am learning this this roster. I mean, obviously the people to watch are Abukah the rookie. Are you gonna the second round pick? Also, Chas Lanier is playing. I did see court side, I did see Kate cunning him, Travonte Green, I sar and Ron No, Darren, that makes sense, girl, that makes sense. I mean, look, you're not gonna be showing, You're not gonna be repping the piss. That's the way to put it.
Speaker 5: You don't want to support your teammates. All right, buddy, But yeah, but you want to max deal.
Speaker 9: Huh yeah, a Bukah though, I'm really looking for him to I'm really looking to see is he gonna get out physical because if he's getting out physical here at this level, you worry about, you worry about the next level where it's the one of one act.
Speaker 5: Pretty small good rebound there from thirteen wrestle.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, is that.
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so?
Speaker 9: No, that's Jones. I think I think that's Isaac Jones is.
Speaker 2: Hairline. Yeah, hell yeah from Auburn a couple of years. Nice move by a.
Speaker 9: Course way to turn on the jets and they were not ready for the past.
Speaker 5: No good move by him to turn on the jets and get down to the basket though created an open opportunity, just wasn't ready for the.
Speaker 9: Past, and that downhill opportunity will be there a lot in Detroit if Detroit can maintain their level new look. Some of that went out the door in Isaiah Stewart. But you look at this team, and this team was a stocks demon. Making transition points available. Somebody that can be downhill like Abuka is a huge, huge plus. So you are seeing right now you are seeing the reasons why he can fit in and get a lot of easy points in Detroit.
Speaker 5: Don't want to see forty year old ball dudes taking jumpers.
Speaker 2: I want to see twenty and twenty three get every shot.
Speaker 3: The worst person is like twenty four.
Speaker 5: There's Brome again just being a monster down low getting rebounds.
Speaker 1: So curious to see what he was going to be in the pros because he was a demon in college.
Speaker 3: But college it doesn't translate. I mean you, he's not an athletic big.
Speaker 1: Watch him in college like he looks he's a dog's.
Speaker 3: Nuts undersize too.
Speaker 9: That's sorry. That's the thing about summer league, though, is you want to make sure that I always say, look like you don't belong, just like in college, Like you have to look like you're a level above them athletically, because as you see, sometimes they look at a level above and it's still not enough of a level. Yeah, and then that's and then that's a player that doesn't work out at the next level.
Speaker 10: Now, Lebron, I think Lebron and Felony his name. He's given the Pistons buckets right now. He is giving the Pistons absolute buckets.
Speaker 5: So are you saying way too early PREDICTIONSTS made the wrong pick.
Speaker 10: No, I think that from what I've seen, Like we've seen multiple times in this game already where the Detroit Pistons living just they just turned the ball over like or they just would completely look off Abuka, like you don't have that power, like you don't even you have to realize who you are at the end of the day. Give it to the first round pick, or give it the chancelor near let them cook and go and go stand out the way.
Speaker 2: What the hell just happened?
Speaker 5: So we just got kicked off of Chris's fucking brokie it was yours.
Speaker 11: I didn't even know what it was.
Speaker 10: Fuck on, Brokie, Brokie, it's giving broke bro I didn't.
Speaker 4: But I can try to screencast real quick? Is this one office TV?
Speaker 5: I don't know, try it see.
Speaker 2: Fuck do better?
Speaker 5: Definitely the wrong pick since d Town after a first half of the Summer.
Speaker 3: League game, not even the first half, not even the.
Speaker 5: First half, the first quarter of a Summer League game. Definitely the wrong pick. All right, man, I mean, you know, some people like to get out in front of things, So.
Speaker 2: Shout out to you. I hope you're wrong.
Speaker 10: I mean, he he's made some great plays from when he when he can get the ball into his hands when they're just not neglecting him, like like he's like like he's like a seventh.
Speaker 3: Round pick in the NFL. Like he made he made a couple of good plays.
Speaker 10: He actually made a couple of good passes that they just weren't able to finish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just don't I just don't think this.
Speaker 10: The summer league team around him is probably not going to be the best case to showcase all of the tenets that he may have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just from first glance, like I've.
Speaker 10: Seen them, they were in mounting the ball spent, he spending, and they literally passed it right to the seventy six ers player, like like I'm double like a dire chess pass, Like you look me in my eyes and I pass it right to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's tough. That's tough, you uh. I mean, listen, he's not gonna be playing with.
Speaker 2: The elite players out there right now.
Speaker 5: All right, So we're gonna we're gonna need to see him make some plays.
Speaker 3: Hopefully we see them allow him to turn up a.
Speaker 2: Little bit more. We might have to go back to a regular.
Speaker 3: Show is messing up.
Speaker 5: No, it's just not It seems like people that easy. He put a pull up and see if people want to watch party. Yeah, because it is Summer League.
Speaker 2: JB.
Speaker 5: Bickerstaff in the house, the Pistons going up against the Philadelphia seventy six ers.
Speaker 10: Kate is in house as well as Ron Holland, Asar Thompson and Javonte Green.
Speaker 3: No, Jalen Durant, Yeah, no, Jayleen Durtan, Kate is buffed up.
Speaker 10: Kate is buffed up, and it looked like I saw I was eating some Chinese food or something.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 9: Scott actually made a good point at the at the end of the show that got it got me to a question, Detroit sports fans, what agent should we hate more right now? Jalen Durrance are Tarik Schooples? Those are both annoying as annoying d because his isn't.
Speaker 5: Even like doing good things for his client. Yeah, it's like at least like Scott. Yeah, it's gonna make sure he gets paid. There's Clintman clinking it off the pack. That is that?
Speaker 10: That's is that Bobby? No, it's not Bobby. No, he got released, so it's not him. Yeah, but no, I mean Jalen Duran's agent is literally just trying to get a MAX from a player that is not MAX worthy at least schools agent is realizing that he's a MAX worthy client. He can be absolutely deserving of the max filon.
Speaker 5: I mean, your Lord and Savior and the chat filon. Just throw one off the top of the backboard right there. But all right, let's see a BOOKA go hard now.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the guy over there the bench of the Pistons. Is that Chris Plana.
Speaker 5: We got Pistons and tigers going the same time. A uh, all right, give him the ball? There we go, all right, Corey with the ball, looking to make something happen. He's got a bigger guard on him, gets him on his back like that.
Speaker 2: You like to see good pass Oh.
Speaker 3: You see what I mean? You see what I mean, Like you you pass that to somebody that you passed that from somebody. You passed that from somebody, not from Dubai like they might make it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, that was a good move.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 5: It's good to see him get the defender on his hip like that kind of you know, make the decision after that jihat.
Speaker 10: If if I'm if I'm the Detroit Pistons summer, the coaching staff, I'm just going to tell him right now, I do not want to see you play maker. I just want to see you score like we have the playmaker. Unless they're one, it open, just score.
Speaker 2: I think they might.
Speaker 9: In his first game, come on to keep it going.
Speaker 10: Literally, you know what you see that, you see the talent though, you see what what it is that you know, it's so intriguing about these players when they are able to go out there and get the opportunities they need to actually play ball. Uh yeah, so they don't, let's know, all get up there once, shake the room.
Speaker 5: Labortini with the super chat. He said, shout out to my kid for getting straight a's. And I can't wait to see the office linebacker on Booner. Shout out to Labortini.
Speaker 3: We're gonna I'm gonna, we're gonna record it.
Speaker 1: I wonder like, I.
Speaker 9: Mean, yeah, yeah, I was gonna hit stick.
Speaker 5: I mean if not, I'll literally drive Boon's house right now, all right? With the ball going up against ship, Bryce Williams filon looking pretty shifty, young with a good help.
Speaker 4: He's actually made.
Speaker 10: He actually made a few good plays defensively as well as he did. He got a steal and then I think he I think he may have got a block, but you know what, I could still see like even the Hopefully this does not translate into what they want to run for this upcoming season, because they still need to get They need to teach how Oh my god, but they need to teach these guys how to rebound. They need to teach you guys how to literally get a body on someone and box them out.
Speaker 2: Why are you taking that funny?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that's my insurance age good.
Speaker 5: Good transition d fenced by a Cory standing in front of Filon.
Speaker 9: That dude is is the it's it just got to just got to the park at two k Brown.
Speaker 2: Just fix the who do you think you are?
Speaker 3: Blood?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 9: All right, looks cleaned out quick shot he had. He had a step back already in this game from three. So I like that. I like that staying aggressive with it.
Speaker 10: But do you don't like the pisses haven't had someone that even the pissones haven't had someone that even attempted something that he just took Like they don't have someone that other than Kate cunning him, no one else is attempting a shot like that.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful to see.
Speaker 2: Trying to get the ball inbounded.
Speaker 3: They can't dang hit right in the faces.
Speaker 2: Getting handsy to the Corey.
Speaker 5: That's gonna be something he's gonna have to fight through his physical caality and the size difference.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, but you know what, so far he has, Man, you got to pass the ball, got to pass the ball in.
Speaker 3: I don't know who that he was actually. What's crazy. What's crazy is he was actually on the team last year.
Speaker 2: Milk Dud's gotta take it. You gotta take a seat.
Speaker 5: Had hair last year, listen, nothing wrong with it, but you can't be bald.
Speaker 2: And assoper flag.
Speaker 5: He played in college for like five line up like that? Yeah, all right, Chanceller hits first one technical free throw. Now for the third time, Ken, they're probably gonna run the same action to try to get a Cory off the screen.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: He actually passed at that time. And now let's see some work here. Good job by Chancellor here.
Speaker 2: You got to finished.
Speaker 9: History between chancel and about it. How about that chemistry, Spencer, Yeah, chemistry, that's look at like the next backcourt kiddy.
Speaker 5: Shout out to Nitty Gritty and Labortiney, both of their kids getting straight a's. He got a bunch of scholars in the chat. You know what they say, You know, wisdom skips generation Chancellor, you're knocking it down from the stripe.
Speaker 2: I need him to finish that. He's not making this team.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he'll make this with all these guards, will make the team. I don't know he'll make the team because someone's getting traded.
Speaker 9: It's gonna be the first.
Speaker 4: They might have to cut.
Speaker 9: Two they might have to cut to.
Speaker 1: So we didn't really talk about Toriana Gary. We can just talk about clearing the space to make a move. What do you guys make of those two guys.
Speaker 2: I mean Tory and Smithy here.
Speaker 5: Torrian Prince averaged like for on three from like four times last year, same as the year before that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, but either they see the court.
Speaker 5: I Victorian Prince will absolutely see I think he sees the I think he sees the court before.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's tough.
Speaker 10: I don't know it's tough because he does shoot well from three. But then again, it's he's aging. It's an aging product. How you know, he's aging, aging, he's getting older, So will that production stay the same over you know, a time period where.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to see if one year.
Speaker 3: They're on uh Detroit sports.
Speaker 9: Prince like I think he's I feel like I feel like his frame is a little too small to be a true like four, but I mean as a backup three four like you know that shoots from the perimeter, like, I mean, that's obviously something that this pitts the roster needs. So I'm good with it.
Speaker 2: There we go, There we go.
Speaker 9: I'm good with it. Alright, alright, Tigers.
Speaker 5: Far time for the Piston. So we're putting the Tigers on from Valdez. Fatty mcfatty on the mound here, big chumps, let's see if you can do something.
Speaker 1: They went the suck ass.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I feel just checking in with baseball. I remember back growing up when the Tigers were Tigers, prime Erlander and all that. The A's were like a playoff team. Have they been a playoff team since?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 2: They are not good. Theyse are team. Yeah.
Speaker 18: Yeah, they're playing in Sacramento now, oh Las Vegas.
Speaker 9: Sorry to hear that, which is crazy for them.
Speaker 5: Crazy A's fans are like one of the best fan bases in baseball and they're just getting shafted.
Speaker 2: Oakland fans in general.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah to Vegas.
Speaker 1: To Vegas is Oakland near Vegas? Is Vegas like close enough to Oakland?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Probably?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oakland's down to on l A a two hour flight.
Speaker 2: Uh. Yes, boys, Tiger's been hot late for sure.
Speaker 1: For sure they have been flannel came instead of last night. I'm not I don't know about a world Series, but I could see them sneaking in the wild card attention. I mean, we said it yesterday, We've seen this to the past two years.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean, honestly, it's it's not just a wild card situation that the Tigers find themselves in. They find themselves in a situation where they can regain and take control of the Central That's just how close it is. I think they're like, I think five and a half right now, or six and a half behind the White Sox.
Speaker 3: Of all teams who just went from words the first in the division.
Speaker 18: Tiger's World Series is my last leg for eleven.
Speaker 2: K damn World Series?
Speaker 3: What's the cash out?
Speaker 9: No, no, no, let me pull this up real click.
Speaker 2: Garrett needs the Tigers to win the World Series.
Speaker 18: Bike Schmid, Yeah, signing bonus and everything I'm trying to It was Michigan to win the championship, USA Men's to win gold medal, and then Detroit Tigers to win the World Series. It was a twenty five dollars bonus spent in January for eleven point three k.
Speaker 3: Damn you have a cash out?
Speaker 9: No, I did not have a cash out.
Speaker 10: And you want to know why they're no offer cash because they don't they don't have faith in the Tigers.
Speaker 5: Shout out from three pitch strikeout there to start the game. Love to see that curve looking good early.
Speaker 1: How about the timing on that halftime right into the start.
Speaker 2: Of the Tigers.
Speaker 5: That's nuts. They knew it over here on whatever wits from. Damn yeah, working early. So we have Nick Kurts in the battery for the like me to say that he's he's a damn good ball player.
Speaker 9: He is.
Speaker 10: But Troy Melton made this whole lineup look like middle school baseball.
Speaker 5: Players yesterdays, working early, five pitches.
Speaker 3: Five strikes with the with the ice on though you got.
Speaker 2: The cuban popping chunky cubans.
Speaker 1: Who else we still waiting to come back himself a chunk.
Speaker 5: What pitching was or Torres Hobby Parker for what it's worth.
Speaker 3: Defensively, I mean, yeah, help this team out.
Speaker 2: I mean it's much better than out.
Speaker 1: He's coming back from the broken.
Speaker 2: Form, probably not form.
Speaker 3: I don't shoulder, I can't even I can't think of what.
Speaker 2: It was to strikeouts to start the game for from Valdez?
Speaker 3: Is he cooking?
Speaker 2: Those pants are cute, Chris?
Speaker 3: So there you go, you Chris, like, what do we what are you?
Speaker 2: What do we? What do we?
Speaker 3: Wait? Chris is fit here?
Speaker 5: This is one of the better Chris christ And look with the gold, let them about.
Speaker 10: I see this right here confirms that Chris is the richest, the richest heavyweight.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he says, it's confirmed.
Speaker 3: You see live, you got gold on his wrist, past talk talk.
Speaker 9: I know, I know for a fact it's not me. But money doesn't matter. I still look at you guys the same, you guys, even though I got that ship on right now in.
Speaker 5: There one and one now on him fromber looking good early in this one. Shout out to the baby behind the plate. Forty secret sinker usage highest in the MLB for Frobervald. It's a good fit low keys is Danny g It is.
Speaker 9: Good for sure, Yeah, for sure, Chris, shout out rag. Actually, I can't dress for myself. I can't dress for myself. I can't dress myself for ship.
Speaker 5: Oh we know you agree, Yeah, we know agree those shure it's seemed better days.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Chris came with that.
Speaker 2: You on the.
Speaker 5: Two one pitch to Lengle ears strike down there, the curveball looking good for Fromber early. Let's see people are saying three strikeouts for Fromber in this one. Let's see if you can get three in the first.
Speaker 2: Inning, it'll be one, two, three as well. Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, the officers were getting Dirks on confirmed.
Speaker 2: Shout out Andy Dirks.
Speaker 1: He's a he's a heavyweight, that's dope.
Speaker 2: So a fan of the show.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he watches, but I know.
Speaker 5: He's a heavyweight. What just a heavyweight in general?
Speaker 1: He's a heavyweight like a baseball announcer. Oh yeah, they always hope there's dicking around.
Speaker 2: They are, Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: A lot of people bitch about it.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Baseball is Boring's a lot of fucking games like you gotta spiced up a little bit, fuck off, a little bit.
Speaker 5: High cheese, and Fromer gets the third strike out of the first inning.
Speaker 3: Mi mid cheese, can we see? Yeah, but it's like he's basketball is like midnight.
Speaker 2: Damn cheese.
Speaker 10: This guy fucking yeah, I just has to argue I have to hate even though I just have to hate.
Speaker 1: Uh, well, hell you yesterday until we have his five points a game.
Speaker 2: Shout out three strikes in the first inning for from of all that love to see.
Speaker 10: That almost had an immaculate inning, almost almost almost.
Speaker 3: Could have done it, just had stopped on the balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't throw the magulate. That is how that works. S Garrett.
Speaker 1: Would you offer sheet but hard?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Didn't we just go over this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I was sixteen mil. Yeah he wants fifteen. Chicago said you're worth twelve of the thirteen, which is actually kind of insane, especially in this new gen of paying players. I mean, McDavid makes twelve and a half million dollars and he's gonna be around fifteen, and Badard should be around he asked for fifteen. I would give him sixteen just to make Chicago. It's a little a few to Chicago. They make him do something. It's kind of like what Philly did with Anaheim. Oh, because Anaheim came out and said, oh, if anyone offers you to Carlson, we'll match it. Philly said, oh you want to bet? All right, here's eighteen million dollars. Try that and then if that Philly got the number. Yeah, I mean now they're I don't know how they're gonna sign Cutter, but we'll see what happens there.
Speaker 1: If you do that and get Robertson, is enough to talk some playoffs.
Speaker 9: Or what Cutter and Robertson?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I I mean you can't do that though.
Speaker 5: No, you can't afford both of those guys a fourteen to fifteen million year.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean that's the problem. But yes, I would say playoffs with that might be able.
Speaker 3: So is there is there a salary cap that they work under in the NHL?
Speaker 1: It's cheap, pretty cheap. Yeah, I mean it's about to go up, way up.
Speaker 2: It's gonna keep going up. How much.
Speaker 18: Better athletes in the world is only making twelve and a half million dollars and no one's making like over really eighteen Besides, Leo Carlson is kind of like insane for a professional athlete who generate all this TV time and everything like that. So I think it's kind of insane still.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're talking crazy.
Speaker 2: We got Schmartolo Flona for the athletics.
Speaker 9: Has been Has McGonagall been moved to one like for a while now?
Speaker 5: Is that a j normally moves people around in the lineup, But he's been near the top for the majority of the season.
Speaker 9: I'd feel like I'd feel like he's like one of your RBI guys, Like I feel like you'd want him like four.
Speaker 5: No, it's on base though, Yeah, and you don't have a lot of guys to get on base. Nobody in the MLB really gets on base at the same rate as Kevin McGonagall.
Speaker 10: So plus, even if he does get out, it's usually at a very hard out where pitchers are happening to display a whole arsenal or go deep into their ye their pitch count just to get him out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he sees a lot of pitches.
Speaker 18: I saw the stat on next today. Kevin McGonagall lays off seventy nine point three percent of pitches outside the zone among every player over the last twenty years. No one has done that at a better rate.
Speaker 1: It's crazy because I remember that being a stat.
Speaker 18: Earlier anyone, anyone, And I'm like, damn.
Speaker 1: That's that's early on, like for to be now and it's still a thing. That's fucking insane.
Speaker 5: And then as he says that, McGonagall goes fishing on a change up down low.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's gonna happen. Yeah, way to go, Gearrett.
Speaker 5: This strikeout there for McGonagall to start the game. How you lei's got the chain on?
Speaker 2: All right, we might be going too far.
Speaker 3: He always has one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, take it off.
Speaker 3: No, he's been honestly, he's been playing actually really good.
Speaker 10: He's been playing really good in June, the second stint of him being you know, basically labor tourists replacement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tigers have been hot in June. Hopefully they can keep it going in July.
Speaker 3: It would be two cute tangers.
Speaker 1: Do you have a train to break it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think so.
Speaker 5: I think they should personally, But if Stevie's trying to get a win now player, you can't trade to break it.
Speaker 1: But if Larkin to break it off, that's you could.
Speaker 2: Do that they're not gonna do.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I Now, imagine, just for a second here, if you had a right fielder or centerfielder that maybe batted over two hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that could definitely help.
Speaker 1: Fucking But instead we went out and signed a lefty, Matt.
Speaker 5: Verling hitting one night in the two hole, signed another lefty.
Speaker 2: I should say, he's.
Speaker 10: Playing right field today, So it means I would have to believe that James Outman's in Sarafield.
Speaker 3: So to outfielders a low.
Speaker 5: Starting line up, Yeah, my DFA, see you later, pal. He wanted to swing at that really bad. Kevin mcgon the man, Dude.
Speaker 2: I saw the stat that said Kevin.
Speaker 5: McGonagall has reached base multiple times in more games than any rookie in the first half of the season since like the thirties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gotten.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's gotten to a point where now since he has showcased some more power in the in the in the in the month of June, like this is a generational type rookie.
Speaker 2: Made sense. Chris kind of dropped out. Let him live. Yeah, he's like, Chris looks good.
Speaker 17: Uh uh ship Kevin's power?
Speaker 5: Oh no, Kevin, like he's I mean, he's legitimately an m VP candidate. Right now, Like if the Tigers were good, he would be a top three.
Speaker 2: M VP candidate. Shot.
Speaker 9: Yeah, as a rookie, does it scare you at all that the hides are like so high as a rookie, Like you know, like I keep.
Speaker 2: Going trop Trop Troup. Oh my wow, great play there By Tinamn. Yeah, Ryan Lentz in there.
Speaker 1: What's what's Cold doing?
Speaker 5: Cold Smith swinging the bad better? Yeah, this guy he's found his power.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 3: That's literally all he was missing pretty much.
Speaker 5: Is all right, let's throw a Summer League back. We got five minutes left, you guys watching the full Summer League game and unexpected watch party is goaded.
Speaker 2: So about that.
Speaker 5: No, we're not gonna We're just gonna watch a couple of highlights, watch about four more minutes of it.
Speaker 2: Oh ship time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, if you guys want to stay into it, I'm dipping out for karate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, somewhere to be yeah, Chris dinner Yeah, no dinner, yeah, Chris shows dinner.
Speaker 2: With jay Z Walkers stand. Yeah, it's gonna be just Garrett near Garrett, Jeff.
Speaker 10: No, I'm going to Garrett's Walker chilling, Damn Jeff hashtag sorry boy, you know on the dusk.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen the Lakers shows?
Speaker 5: Pretty funny the Lakers.
Speaker 2: The one guy we got the Lakers. Those beams are crazy. Did you have video?
Speaker 10: I said in the in the group chat, the.
Speaker 1: One guy from the wis because you know me the movie weapons.
Speaker 5: Oh, Trey Lyle still getting buckets.
Speaker 2: Remember what Trey Lyles saved? The Pistons.
Speaker 9: Rotation, that set of rotation we have for about what was it like four or five seasons, was absolutely gross between Mason Public trays and they were bawling, they were balling.
Speaker 1: We want an hour?
Speaker 9: Yeah it was no, it was like it was like forty minutes.
Speaker 1: In an hour. You're gonna do it, don't worry about do right now?
Speaker 2: Oh step back for Chazz.
Speaker 9: Brick looked good, though, you gotta stash that one snash pushing the genders.
Speaker 3: Brick being almost down by the floor almost added.
Speaker 2: Not looking good for Chazz in this one.
Speaker 5: All right, let's see if Corey get some buckets here, a little pick and roll with young.
Speaker 2: Let's get into the little easy layups.
Speaker 3: See that what we need.
Speaker 2: Thats what you need.
Speaker 9: That's downhill speed that doesn't belong in summer league.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's downhill speed.
Speaker 10: That will give Kate cunning him a rest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to see if we got something to clean.
Speaker 3: Up, We're gonna have to do it from over here.
Speaker 2: What that's not?
Speaker 3: It's okay here, let me see if I can get him up.
Speaker 2: Uh come back, Chris can top chat.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, all right, couple of super chats in there. Uh Nitty Gritty says NHL has turned into heated rivalry. Uh Labortini says, shut out the Heavies, Booner, Bounty and Anne Hathaway. Uh Burns says Montero's first career game was a complete game shutout. I remember losing my mind. So shut out to all you guys in the super chat. We appreciate you tapping in. So far in this one, young Guna has not looked great. No chans Lanir has looked bad, and Cory has looked good. So when he gets.
Speaker 10: The ball, when he gets the ball, because I don't know why, but it seems like right now that this pissing summer, the game has an agenda to keep Cory like none in bold.
Speaker 5: I think you're being I think you're blazing a little bit. I've seen him handle the ball quite a bit. This is the step back jumper right there. Nitty gritty with the super chase says Chris is ready for his night out at the Rocksbury.
Speaker 2: Oh good defense by Tubby once again.
Speaker 5: No rebounds, no rebounds, Yeah, young Gunna off the floor. But that was a good recovery by somebody.
Speaker 9: He just looks like he just looks like physically like he's gonna have to grow into his body a bit like muscle wise, like mass wise. Yeah, you're gonna Yeah, he's twenty he's twenty one. But I mean, yes, that's the thing that worried That's the thing that worries you is like almost everybody. Don Maker was allegedly nineteen and then he was like twenty five. Yeah, so I don't know. I don't know that worries me about the ceiling. But he just looks a little too thin.
Speaker 2: Or he might be sixteen.
Speaker 4: I don't think they've ever up.
Speaker 3: You never know.
Speaker 10: When they need that money, send them two three years of America forget.
Speaker 2: Is that Philly sit in front row too? It looks like.
Speaker 5: Namar Junior, who'll be wearing a Nemar jersey. I was gonna say that looks like a big s NBA player. I don't know, it's not there. Probably kind of soft, Hulu.
Speaker 2: I could be.
Speaker 10: Totally no, no, no, he's too Cannon.
Speaker 1: Canon's like someone.
Speaker 5: Cannon is a big ass dude. Chris Catan and Will Ferrell Shut up, Chris, We're all just jealous of the drip, says nitty Gritty guys.
Speaker 9: Guys, guys, stop.
Speaker 5: Open three cash back to back three is for Philly. I don't really care about the Pistons winning or losing this game. I just want to see this right here as another high screen and roll Cory gets into the paint.
Speaker 10: That's what I'm saying, Spenny, I just want to if I'm if I'm the summer league coach, I'm like, uh, don't pass it.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's stop pass, let's stop passing. Let's just get to do a Cory.
Speaker 2: Let him cook. Yeah, I want to see him make the right play.
Speaker 3: Anna lie because that I mean, I don't know, but that.
Speaker 2: Was not a foul. Dude. It's the summer League. I know.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it was.
Speaker 2: We want his work, files.
Speaker 5: I don't want to see him just chuck shots just to chuck shots. I want to see him making the right decision because he's going to have to facilitate the ball a lot as well off the bench.
Speaker 9: Well, what I'll say is this is obviously like, yeah, it's more entertaining when he tries to attack and score and probably better for this team. But what I am seeing from him is I'm seeing the reason why he had such a low turnover eight, Like he is making a lot of the safe play sometimes. You know, there were some plays where you can you know, you could probably force a shot or do something. But I'm seeing the the safeness that he plays, and so I'm you know, it's backing up, it's backing up, it's backing up what what the tape showed you in college? So I like that. I like that about it.
Speaker 1: A really good school. His dad wanted to be a doctor originally, like he's.
Speaker 3: Ben Hen he did, Ben he did because he's Nigerian.
Speaker 10: No, it's like a running joke like Jerry's always want their kids to be doctors.
Speaker 5: Watch to be a doctor too.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy? Like money after New mocked and rooms.
Speaker 1: Brothers and sisters are Nigerian.
Speaker 2: That's true. I guess my parents are, my siblings are doctors.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll get one more commercial break, Yeah goes out.
Speaker 2: Or yeah he's out, Yeah, yeah the TV.
Speaker 5: We'll go until Corey checks out here for the next time beats the beats being a Simalleian Pirate says nitty gritty true.
Speaker 2: I'm not rather be a doctor than pirate.
Speaker 3: Sounds kind of fun.
Speaker 1: But doctor Pirate looks like a Cory checked out.
Speaker 5: See, well that's gonna doing for us here today, folks, we appreciate h tapping in a Corey looked pretty good in what I.
Speaker 2: Saw from him so far.
Speaker 5: Obviously you're gonna want to see him take some more shots if you're Jeff, But I like I like a couple of plays that he made getting to the lane, making the right play, whether it is to go up with it or to dish it off.
Speaker 2: But he has checked out of the summer league, and so we don't know who any of these guys are.
Speaker 3: Who is that?
Speaker 2: But that'll do it for us today.
Speaker 5: Appreciate tapping and make sure you smashed that leg button for Easy, for Chris, for Jeff, for Garrett, for Skywalker, for Scott Bentley. I am Spencer Astro with Avyweights. We'll see you guys tomorrow. Base