Speaker 1: That goes on with with the you know whoever our landlord actually is, meaning like the person who runs the facility, and letting our boss know, miss Christy, as far as like, hey, we're going to be banging the hell out of his bathroom for about seven eight straight hours. Do you think that could interrupt any of your broadcast? In broadcasting that's going on? And you know, if anybody would have thought about it, it clearly could have impacted us. So it worked out well to where I'm not there, but Austin, who's really not even that close to it, it still comes through every now and then.
Speaker 2: And the whole office is hearing it too. It's say, a topic of discussion more than anything.
Speaker 1: It's got to just be annoying as hell, right, like it just it never stops.
Speaker 2: So and look, God loves a working man, all right. It's true. We appreciate these people trying to spruce up four Street lives. Honestly, I don't think I've ever been in those bathrooms.
Speaker 3: Oh I have, Oh it's I mean I remember like if you were at the concerts at for Street Live, like that's where you had to go, and uh, you know you could go into the businesses that were open, but they weren't just gonna let people get And I'm not even sure how the concerts really are.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know PBR does stuff inside their facility, right, Yes, Well, any concert I have been to at for Street has been out like in that. You know, the main area of FROs Street down there right in front of UH where hard rock used to be in sports and social and those businesses. They're not just gonna let people who were there not giving them any money come in and use the bathroom, especially considering it's usually probably a lot of drunk people who you know, have been partying because there's a concert, so that if you're.
Speaker 2: Wearing that iHeartRadio shirt, you get the walk And that's I think that's been.
Speaker 1: My I was gonna say, we weren't. We weren't here whenever I was going to concerts many many years ago. So if you were there for a concert, you and unless you we're gonna go give one of these establishments business, which you could do that, you know, that's where you would go to the bathroom, and you know there would be an insane amount of people at some of these concerts. I mean that I'm sure they still have big ones now, I'm just not as big of a concert guy. In fact, they have. I remember leaving last spring and in the summer, there'd be a big turnout when we leave at six o'clock because there was a big artist there. It's just country night, Yeah exactly. I just don't go anymore. It's just not really my thing. But there would. I mean, I remember seeing like I mean, I'm trying to I think it wasn't Jason now Dean. He was too big at the time. But there were artists who were big enough to like everybody knew who they were.
Speaker 2: We talked about on the show earlier. Yes, we justin Moore. He yeah, he was there a lot of times. Yes, but there was some big names.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if this guy is still real big, But like Jake Owen would come in at the time.
Speaker 2: He was really he was really big, so there would.
Speaker 1: Be an unsane I mean, honestly, it kind of makes me sad because the like downtown for those kind of events like for Street, it was it was it was popping. As as the kids used to say, I'm sure they don't say that now. Maybe they say it's lit or is that yeah, Okay, I mean, it just felt like the place to be.
Speaker 2: There was a lot going on, but with a lot of people.
Speaker 1: So if you didn't, you know, the majority of the people would go to the bathrooms at at in you know the ones they're fixed right now. And I just remember thinking to myself and there's by the way, there's two. One is on the on the main level there and then the one is where but where we are, and that second that second floor, and they're identical. But maybe they've changed it since then. Maybe this is what they're doing right now when it comes to the work. But there was only one toilet and one urinal, and there would be thousands of people that would be needing. Like the line was insane. You know, by the time you got up there, the toilet was already completely overflowed or or somebody's passed out puking in there, so you just had to wait to use the urinal. And usually when you got up there to use it, uh, you know, the floor is all wet like it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was an experience. And I remember one time this was this was like this is a memorable concert we went to because I was not of age, and uh I did I did you know I did something I probably wasn't supposed to do what we got hammered when we got to the place in the parking lot and just you know, we couldn't buy anything, so we drank. I think we drink like yeah, I think I drank Yaeger and the Jaeger with not Red Bull because we were too poor. Yager in the black and green Monster energy drink, which is kind of like, you know, it's like your that's like your bullet County Yaeger Jaeger Bomb. So we would drink that and you know, get pretty lit because we couldn't buy anything when we were in there, we weren't of age. And here's how the night started. We got out of the car. It was my buddy, my buddy.
Speaker 2: We caught him Rev.
Speaker 1: There was Mike and he drew a Pontiac and we were in the parking garage. Were probably in there, I don't know, thirty minutes just you know, trying to get a little buzz going before we walked in and he got out a lot. If it was him or it was with one of our other buddies, one of them ended up urinating in the parking garage. Like you know, hidden, but they weren' hidden enough to where they actually got a cop saw them and gave them a citation. Luckily though they didn't they didn't they didn't you know, ask anything about alcohol, and they did because honestly, now now that I'm older and realized, like how stupid that was. If they would have just like asked to look in the car, they could visibly see next to the vehicle that we had booze and we weren't of age, like they could have they could have done whatever they wanted, right, they could have given us citations. They could have you know, they could have held us accountable. But you know, we remember thinking there's a story he got got a ticket for, and honestly, I'm not even sure what the ticket was for. Like if you do, like, is that like indecent exposure.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure that's what it comes down to.
Speaker 1: And I feel like that's something they would take you to jail, but maybe they have discretion to like, okay, this is this is indecent exposure. But it wasn't as if this man was out here running around butt naked, right, right, So Anyways, we ended up you know, having a story to start, We had a great night. And I remember we waited in line, no joke, like thirty minutes to go to the bathroom, and a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people were like going to the garage.
Speaker 1: And I don't mean people with us, but like it wasn't uncommon to see somebody ducked off, like having their friends cover them so they could they could heurnate, like, I mean, that's this is like, this is straight up debauchery, right, Like this is just you know, just gross stuff. But like that's where we were at that time in life. And you know, we didn't have the stones to do it because our buddy had already gotten a citation. You know, you don't want to have you know, you're he learned the hard way.
Speaker 2: He told me he was total.
Speaker 1: He had to coordinate all that kind of stuff. So we end up getting all the way up to the to the to the front of the line. We've waited thirty minutes, like a good chunk of the way through the concert, and by the time we got in there, we could see that there was just one urinal, and you know, and somebody was in the restroom, you know, going number two because there was a stall a urinal, and I just remember we got up there, and by the time we were there, the people in front of us were like, man, they could at least let two people go if this guy would get done, if this guy would ever complete his dump. So that's like, that was where everybody was as far as just like frustrated, Man, this line sucks as it is. There's only two places to go to the bathroom, which you get in here, and oh, by the way, this guy's been. You know, this guy's been you know, you going number two for a long long time, right, And my buddy, who was the most intoxicated of all of us, he ends up We ended up making our way into the bathroom with still like two people ahead of us in line, and he just he just yelled, allowed, who bleeps at four street? Come on man, and and and it got a good laugh from everybody else in line. And then the guy in there goes, yeah, it's my bad. Guys almost done. And I just felt bad for.
Speaker 2: The guy, right, like, yeah, he's a good sport about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was a good sport about it. But I just like, so now anytime, like you know, or in line for a bathroom somewhere, if we you know, I rarely do I get knights to just go hang out with the boys and go do stuff. But every now and then, like it's just a one liner within our crew of friends, like who bleeps at four streets?
Speaker 2: Like come on, like you know what I mean? So ironically enough, I was thinking that too. I mean, boy really had to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had to go. I mean like I feel like sometimes, like in in events like that, concerts, games, I feel like your your psyche is in such a different place to where like even if you maybe could go, like you don't, like, it's just I never have to go in those moments. And I'm very thankful because you know, I don't. I don't like doing road games. I'm very much a guy that prefers home court advantage when it comes to going number two. But you know, sometimes sometimes it happens. So anyways, if they're going to continue to bang the hell out of whatever they're doing in that bathroom, hopefully they're adding more places for people to actually go to the restroom. Yeah that was needed the last time I used one of those restrooms. But anyways, we'll take you up till six o'clock. Get yourself for the weekend. A big weekend. It is Louisville and action tomorrow against Pitt, and I'm not going to tell you like that. I'm and I thought about how I could frame this for the show because I don't want to be the guy that's like, hey, upset alert, it could happen. And I also don't want to be the guy that's that's overdoing it as far as being, you know, overly concerned about how Tuesday night looked and how close that game actually was. So I'm just gonna frame it this way. I know that Pitt is a better team than their record. Now again, you are what your record says, but I know that they have personnel that on any given night, if they play well, they could win and beat a lot of teams, including Louisville. So I'm I'm anxious to see tomorrow sort of how this team responds from a very sluggish performance at Virginia Tech and really a game that we saw them in a way we never have seen them before. And I believe it's just, hey, sometimes it's just not your night. That happens. That's life, that's sports, no matter what team you are. Also, they clearly have been dealing with a bug, a sickness that has probably spread to just about everybody. And even if they're well as far as you know, not having symptoms, they're not running a fever, you know that everything everything about them is probably good to go, other than stamina like fatigue like that, that's part of that's that's when you're sick. That you know. For me, I'm better now, Like I feel fine, but like my thing I had going on last week that caused me to miss some days and just clearly I couldn't speak a couple of days on the show. I mean, I'm still kind of lingering, you know what I mean, Like I don't feel sick, but yet my voice is really still not exactly the same. At night, I get bad coughing spells. So, like, you know, I'm sure these guys are still kind of coming out of that, and I'm hopeful that what we saw tuesday was just them. Really, I think you saw uncharacteristic mistakes. You saw uncharacteristic decisions, which I guess could technically be the same thing. And I believe that you could chalk it all up to just them being gassed, and that's what leads you to kind of not make the same decisions you typically make. Because your fatigue is getting in the way. So in a weird way, not a whole lot to gain tomorrow, a lot to lose. But I'm very anxious to see this team because I'm looking at it from this one. I want to see them bounce back and look a lot better and really look different than they did against Virginia Tech. But also, although the resume won't really get a big boost if you beat Pittsburgh at home, that's what you're supposed to do, I personally will feel pretty good about it because I know Pittsburgh has good players, really like Jeff Caple. Every year he's been there, mostly for the last four or five years, You've seen Pittsburgh in stretches and you think, Wow, this team's like really good and they play hard. I don't think that they're like a team that quits on their coach. They just aren't consistent in any way, and that, of course is a big problem. So Louisville Pittsburgh tomorrow. We'll talk a little more on the other side about what they're doing tomorrow. As far as trying to color coordinate the sections. I'm hopeful that it's a big hit, but I really have no clue what to expect. Also, Kentucky in action, They've got Auburn on Saturday, big opportunity for them, and again they've got nothing to lose in a lot to gain because Auburn, best team in the country, the number one overall seed. They're coming to Lexington and look, Kentucky, I mean their team this year that they probably win healthy, can look at every opponent and no, yeah, we could lose if we play in Auburn or a Florida in Alabama, but also we know we can win if healthy. Now that's the big kicker because apparently, according to Ryan Lemon, who would know, I mean, he is plugged in down there in Lexington as well as anybody, right, He's Ryan Lemon, He's plugged. He's plugged for sure. He says that Jackson Robinson didn't go through like shoot around, like warm ups practice today whatever they did, which could be a sign you know, they're just trying to keep him as fresh as possible, or maybe playing him the other night made it to where now he's got to sit a couple of games. I mean, it's been weird with their injuries, but big game for them tomorrow and again we'll get you set for the weekend, a lot to get to the NFL Combine still going on. There's some college basketball jobs that apparently are going to open up that I didn't expect. But I love doing the whole coaching carousel kind of stuff. It was certainly different doing it last year because you know, I really have a vested interest in what happens with Louisville when they hire a coach, and so far it looks great. But man, there could be a big shake up across the sport, which I don't know. I think if that happens, there's gonna be a lot of hires made that feel like kind of flat because there's just not any big names left anymore. All right, let's get a quick time out out of the way. It's a Friday. We're banging hammers, fixing bathrooms, getting you set for the weekend. Coffee and Company, feel abou Thorton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Coffee and Company with Nick Coffee on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 1: That's right, coffee and Company on a Friday. We are field bout Thorton's here on Sports Talks seven ninety. Thanks for hanging out with us again. We're gonna take you up until six o'clock, get you set.
Speaker 2: For the weekend.
Speaker 1: And this is this is a bad look for the NFL. I think it'll probably be entertaining. But instead of using an NFL team this year for Hard Knocks, because apparently no NFL team wanted to do it, They're going to feature North Carolina and Bill Belichick. Does that interest you at all, Austin, does that do anything for you?
Speaker 2: No, it's still weird that Bill Belichick is there.
Speaker 1: Totally agree, and I you know Billichick is what makes him interesting is that he's so not interesting right right when you think Amick and I kind of feel like a like a like I U, I am a little bit out of my lane here because I really enjoy that type of show. But I just I've never been able to get into Hard Knocks and I've never, I guess given it enough effort. But I'm not interested in behind the scenes stuff with like professional athletes. Some of it, like different storylines with different individuals that can be interesting to me, but like the behind the scenes stuff in an NFL locker room. It's not like I'm avoiding it, but like it just doesn't really do anything for me, because these are people that to me, like aren't that interesting, Like they're super like again, I respect them, They're phenomenal. They're in the NFL, and you know, if there's drama, that usually makes for good television that kind of stuff, but Hard Knocks is super popular, and I feel like over time, as someone who again hasn't watched it ever as far as watching a season all the way through, I feel like there's certain NFL teams that have really just benefited from that exposure rather it be you know, they could still be a lousy team when it starts, but like you know, visibility can can always be a good thing for the most part. And you know, I just I can't imagine that North Carolina will give I mean, and again, like what's the ceiling here? As far as Bill Belichick giving us some riveting television with him leading a college program for the first time, I mean the overall, like, wow, I still think it's crazy this guy's coaching in college.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, that's what Austin just said, and I agree because it still doesn't seem real because if you just think about where Bill Belichick was two years ago, today, Like it's crazy, right, I mean, he's definitely rebranded in a way, but he's still not interesting at all. What makes him, I guess interesting even if that's the right one, I'm not even sure if that's the right word, is that he used to be lifeless and be it like a like a walking corpse who showed no emotion, no energy.
Speaker 2: Just looked dead and would give you cincinniety.
Speaker 1: Like so now he like smiles and looks like he's a real human, but that because he's been such a crumungeon forever.
Speaker 2: Like there's not a whole lot of range.
Speaker 1: There with Bill Belichick, right, Like is he really gonna be providing us with great entertainment, like maybe seeing the behind the scenes stuff as far as how his staff comes together, his girls, his girlfriend, yeah, his GM and whatnot, like that could be interesting to an extent. But like the fact that the NFL didn't have one team willing to participate in Hard Knocks was a real surprise for me. And I don't know if it's because I don't know, like if you were, I guess if you like the show that was they Netflix has done a show called Quarterback and is the one with receiver called receivers, I think.
Speaker 2: Yes, called receiver. Okay, have you have you watched the Receiver one? I just only watched the first couple episodes because that's Justin Jefferson is in it, and I don't think after like the first two or three he's really featured in much. It's who is it? It's Deebo Samuel, who's the George Kittle? And I'm on Ross Saint Brown Justin Jefferson. I'm pretty sure that stuff.
Speaker 1: So you know, those are really well done. I mean Netflix does that stuff really well. So I wonder if that kind of stuff has made it to where Hard Knocks like isn't like you know, I don't even like does the does the team get to say so if they're gonna be on Hard Knocks, Like I don't really know.
Speaker 2: What the process is. They like they do because from what I NDErs and a lot of NFL teams don't really love the Hard Knocks. They don't really Oh yeah, the drama, and there's only I think the change the criteria for it a little bit like usually like you couldn't have been in the playoffs or something like the last two years or something. They they make it to where there's qualifications, where like, not a lot of great teams are in it. You're just seeing like a struggling team and the struggling drama, right turnoil. Yeah, that's that's what That's what is more interesting. I think so.
Speaker 1: But when I say the teams, I know that, like the organizations have a say so, which is why they're here. But I'm just curious if you are an owner of a.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, he's just turn off. Yeah, I think I just lost power at my house. Wow, which either that or the Undertaker is going to show up.
Speaker 1: But if I lost power at my house, then we wouldn't be connected because I wouldn't have internet. Interesting, But did you see how I just got completely dark?
Speaker 2: It did? I'm expecting I'm expecting to see Michael Myers behind you. I'm just gonna blame it on that hammer.
Speaker 1: They must have hit something so hard in that four Street bathroom it took the power out here.
Speaker 2: In the Bullick County there. Yeah, we got the whole neighborhood probably out of power. This is pretty cool, though, I'm not gonna be that dark night.
Speaker 1: It's got to be like I flipped a breaker or something, which that would make sense because I have a space heater down here and it was on and I turned it off.
Speaker 2: Is Mercedes, there no no here again, if I trust me, if I didn't have.
Speaker 1: If I didn't have power, then you wouldn't hear me. So we're good there. But yes, I'm now it is. I mean it is pitch black dark in here right now because I'm in a I mean I'm in an unfinished basement that we've kind of like halfway finished that I use for like studio, uh the studio to do the show and also some videography stuff.
Speaker 2: But there's no windows.
Speaker 1: So like when I mean I have, I have my laptop in front of me. I don't even what the hell I was saying. I guess what I was saying. Like if you're if you're an organization and you like do your if you want to do it, and your players, like all of them say no, Like does the NFL Players Association get involved to where they say, okay, you know, if you want your team that you owned to be on it, you've got to get sixty percent approval from your locker room. Like I'm sure that's not a thing, but I feel like it's a It may be dead now. The fact that they didn't get anybody to do it for the first time ever, that's that's surprised.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I did find the mid season Hard Knocks version this year. I didn't watch it all, but it was interesting because it was like dirt, like you're you're you're seeing really behind the scenes stuff and guys miked up really raw, real stuff when from a game that you just watched like two days ago, you know what I mean. So they followed that division the is a the NFCU North Bengal Steelers. That. Yeah, so that that was interesting enough. But like for me, and again this is just me, when they did like Last Chance You, I found that to be way better television than like Hard Knocks, just because I don't know who these players are that are at a junior college.
Speaker 2: They really have like relatable.
Speaker 1: Stories to an extent and then sometimes very unrelatable because they've probably had hardship that maybe we haven't, which is why they're there playing in junior college. I know Last Chance You, as far as football, they it was you know, you needed characters as far as the coaches and Jason Brown and Buddy Something that was it. Buddy Something. I was gonna say, Buddy Gartty, that's the guy in Friday Night Lights. I can't think of who it was that was the buddy Buddy something, Buddy Stevens maybe for I feel like I just made it up. But the guy who was in the first few seasons of Last Chance You as the coach, the fat guy.
Speaker 2: Who you know, the one that everyone hates.
Speaker 1: No, that was Jason Brown. Oh okay, he was on the show, by the way. So and then they did another one in football where they did like a junior college in the West Coast, and their coach was really like he was certainly a character, and he was captivating, but he was really likable. So I know most people think of the coaches when it comes to Last Chance You and I get it, but I actually found it to be more interesting to hear.
Speaker 2: The stories of these guys who were sort.
Speaker 1: Of in, you know, in that position in junior college, just you know, trying to trying to make it. So, yeah, I'm sure people will watch just because you know, Belichick is a figure. I mean, he's he's he's a legend in sports. But I just I'm thinking to myself, if I was like a if I was just you know, a crony in the in the meeting when they're discussing what do they do now that we don't have an NFL team, and somebody throws out the idea, well, how about an NFL coach who's making his way to college and he's going to try to get it done at the college level, now, Bill Belichick, And you know, he's a big name, and everybody's like, yeah, yeah, yeah, and I would, I would. I would just raise my hand and say, and what on what world do you think Bill Belichick is going to be good for the camera? Like on what planet will he be interesting and entertaining? And again, the bar's low, right, like because he was dead for twenty years, seemingly winning super Bowls and you know, not having any I mean, he was lifeless, and now he like laughs, and he's got a hot girlfriend that's young enough to be his granddaughter wearing a Super Bowl rings. Yeah, Like, I mean again, that's that's a difference. But still let's think about the range here, like as much as the as much as like the coaches, like for example, like Dan Campbell, like he's kind of a lunatic. Yeah you like him or not, He's a character you know what I'm saying, Like there's something there. People can either love watch him or hate watch him. With Belichick, I don't really know what you do. There's not He's not gonna do a whole lot. Didn't didn't didn't the Lions do it last year? I feel like they did, or maybe the year before. I know they were on it recently.
Speaker 2: I think it was the year before before they did the No, it was like three years ago, I think when they first got Dan Campbell because as I was just kind of looking up the qualifications, that's one of the things that you had to have a first year head coach in place to have a playoff berth in the past two seasons, and they have. They haven't appeared on Hard Knocks in the past ten years. Basically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'm sure people will watch it, but I just, more than anything, I felt like it was it was it was a sign to the NFL that maybe this thing's going away, all right. So tomorrow Louisville and Pitt six o'clock tip and they are trying to stripe out the young Center. So if you are in a section that is an even number, you are to wear red. If you were in a section that is an odd number, you were to wear black, and they've got a lot of marketing material out there as far as, like you know, to give you a visual of it. I mean, it's pretty simple. If you look at your ticket and you see that the last number is a one black, if the last number is a two, even you wear red. Very simple, but it would look really cool. And obviously this year, I'm happy that it has not been a bigger storyline or I guess talking point. It has been discussed, like the fact that Louisville has a coach that is easily one of the top, if not the top candidates for National Coach of the Year in his first year. I mean, the revival what he set out to do is exactly what's happening right now. Louisvell's winning basketball games. I mean, they've got twenty wins before February ends, they're safely in the tournament. They're going to get a double BUYD in the ACC. So not to say that it's been per and who knows how things play out in March when you get to the NAA Tournament, but like you couldn't have really scripted much better, Like you couldn't have scripted a path for Pat Kelcey as of February twenty eighth. That would be much better than this as far as like real realistic, right, you know what I mean? Like you could have said, well, hey, you could be undefeated. Well that wasn't realistic. I mean you could argue that if you'd have told somebody before he ever like this right after his press conference that Louisville was going to be entering the month of March with was it twenty one wins and six losses and safely in the tournament a two seed, a top twenty team in both poles. I don't think anybody would have said that was realistic.
Speaker 2: But here we are.
Speaker 1: So it's been great, But yet you just haven't seen the young center close to being full for a men's game. And I don't want to dive too much into this because I always just get I get I kind of. I don't say I get carried away, but like, I just think there's a bigger factor here that nobody talks about enough, which is people just don't go to games like they used to. The generation now that is, you know, really into Louisville basketball. Louisville football or even can like buying season tickets is something that down the line, the only way people the only reason people are gonna do it is because their family has always done it, or maybe they just have the means to do it. But there's a lot of people that know they can go to every single game that they want to go to and spend substantially less money. So you know, I just I think we may see moving forward, really like, here's what I would love to see, and I think it's realistic. I mean, I'd love to see every game sold out. I'd love to see every game full. I just don't think that's realistic at all. But if you've got like let's say the ACC in two three years is way better than it is now, and it's back to where you've got, you know, six seven teams ranked and you know, maybe not the best league in the country, but one of the top three in night in and night on an ACC play, you're playing good teams that matter and their big brands all that kind of stuff. So like in those games, maybe not sold out, but maybe you're getting like consistently nineteen twenty thousand and then maybe for like the big games, right like let's say Duke's come into town. You guys, are you know, Duke and Louisville or Todd for first place in the ACC and Duke's got you know, Duke's got a Duke team, you know what I mean, like a Cooper flag kind of team, and Louisville has got a chance to maybe knock them off, and they're also, you know, really good. Those are games I hope will sell out or at least get really close to it. And I think that's realistic for those kind of games. But then when you play Popcorn State and teams nobody's heard of, and or even teams like Boston College when they come to town, or Virginia Tech when they come to town, Like, those are games that nothing would shock me, right, Like, in fact, the biggest surprise to me would be like a sellout. And it's not because anybody did anything wrong. It's not because the team's not good. It's not because the team doesn't have support. It's just people don't go to those Like there's so many more things that you could, well, I'm even gonna say that, like I was gonna say, there's so many more things you can do to distract yourself which is true. But what I'm saying is that, like it's gonna be hard to talk yourself out of not sitting on your couch and watching that game on TV just because there's you know, there's not a lot of juice there when Boston College is come into town or Winthrop's coming to town. So I think realistically we could get there to where for the big games, you're looking at close to twenty. For the really big games that have big time, you know, there's a lot on the line. Maybe you could get to selling out like Kentucky that kind of stuff. But then the other games, like it's just whatever. But this year, even whenever you had big games, you know, I thought the crowd who was there phenomenal. I mean the energy and the um Center and the Lower Bowl for the games I went to, and I went to quite a few, they were awesome. But obviously he looked upstairs and there wasn't a ton of people. So I would hope that tomorrow, like the people that do go those in the lower Bowl, they do their homework, meaning they know they've got to prepare.
Speaker 2: I've got I'm.
Speaker 1: Supposed to be wearing black, I'm supposed to be wearing red because that would be I think again, it doesn't it's not what we're going to hang a banner over it, but it would be I think it would be a good look that like the people that are, you know, it would just first of all, it would look. It would look good to not mess it up knowing that the school has, you know, the program has absolutely promoted this for well over a week now. And if like you show up and you can't even tell by looking at it at the game or looking at it on television that this was even a thing. I mean, it's not the end of the world, but it wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Be a great look.
Speaker 1: But I just I hope that that there's at least, you know, a good a good mixture of each set. I just hope it doesn't look bad. And I'm curious, like, will the announcers acknowledge that. They probably won't if it's like not a good look, unless they just want to be jerks about it. But when I was at the games this year, and I went to like six or seven of them, I mean again, the lower Bowl, the people that were there, man, there was more energy than I can remember in a long time watching a Louisville basketball game in person, and you'd see fans who don't even know each other, but they're sitting near each other. They would get they would you know, just get just start shooting that, you know what, chatting and collectively being like in this awesome. Can you believe this? This feels great. I love this team. I mean, Austin, you and I were there together. There was a guy who sat behind us at the Clemson game who traveled in and he's from Louisville's family still lives here, but he doesn't. And he came back and I think he was like by himself, but he was just like this is awesome, Like I had to come and see. Yeah, because again, like it's part of the process, the revival.
Speaker 2: So we never had a stripe out before, have I nothing? It's just been the solid color ones. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I can't think of a stripeout ever happening before. But here's to hoping that it's a it's a good look. All right, let's get to our first time out. Actually, I'm sorry, it's our second time out. I'm a little bit distracted because I'm sitting here in the dark. I'm gonna go flip a breaker and see if I can get some power back down here where I'm at, because if not, eventually this equipment will die. So hopefully we'll get it. We'll get it worked out. But it's a Friday, it's Coffee and Company, and we hope you stick with us. Taking you up till six o'clock. Right here Field bout Thornton's on Sports Fox seven ninety.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Coffee and Company with Nick Coffee on Sports Talk seven nine days.
Speaker 1: So we have some good news. Dan Gavitt, he's the NCAA president. He's the guy who actually he didn't take over for Mark Emert, did he That's a guy who has like a very very common name. But anyways, he is I think he's the he's the basketball guy for the NCUBLEA. But he tells CBS Sports that one there is not any plans to have a vote on NCAA tournament expansion in the next couple of months whenever they, I guess have their meetings to talk.
Speaker 2: About the future.
Speaker 1: So despite it being discussed, it's really not something that they plan to actually address. At least as of now, they don't. But he also said that there's a possibility that there's really no decision on expansion at all in the near future. So I don't think it needs to expand. If it does go from sixty eight to seventy six or whatever it was they proposed, I mean, that won't really do a whole lot to change the turn for me as far as me enjoying it, because I'm gonna enjoy it regardless. But any expansion we do with tournaments or playoffs and professional sports, it's it's quite literally just about money. I mean, have you ever felt like there was a team that didn't make it to the playoffs? Rather it be the NFL, the NBA, And look, they've they've expanded a bunch lately, right, So like it's not like, you know, it's not because there's teams that you know, you want to make sure you can, you know, give them the opportunity. Maybe they didn't have the best of seasons, but man, they should have the opportunity to still at least maybe make some magic happen. But I mean, it's never about that. It's just about money. So there's more INTAA tournament games, there's more inventory, and the more inventory the nsablea tournament has, the more money they're gonna make because it's gonna be profitable. I mean, inaa tournament is is really how the NCAA exists as an organization. When it comes to money, it's a billion dollar business. So you add more games, it's even more money. But even the play in games lately have I think felt like just a waste of time. I mean, yeah, you'll occasionally get a team that gets hot and makes a run. I mean we've now had two teams that have made it all the way to the Final four from the play in spot VCU did it back in twenty eleven, Mick Cronin and UCLA did it back in twenty twenty one. So and look, those are good stories, I suppose, and good stories you know that helps the you know, helps the event helps.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's it's good for everybody.
Speaker 1: But let's be clear, it's not because like, well, that proves that they were you know, if you like if you end up making a run of the Final four and you had to get into the field of sixty four by playing in in those playing games, all it does is prove that you underachieved in the regular season. I mean, this is one of those things that just really irks me, and I'll move on from it because if I fact don't, then I'll just talk about way.
Speaker 2: More than we need to.
Speaker 1: But the you can't tell me we're not one of the sixty eight best teams, or you can't tell me we're not one of the twelve best teams when it comes to the college football Playoff. I mean again, it's not about that. It's about what you do. Results matter. You have to actually go out and do something and prove it and earn it. It can't just be what people think you're capable of because of your roster. And I don't know why. And to me that seems and I'm not a very smart guy, but to me, that seems like one of the most obvious things that nobody else really acknowledges. Right like when the SEC is honking about Alabama and South Carolina being deserving to get in Ole miss because well, you know, you can't tell me we're not one of the twelve best teams. Well, you didn't do anything at all that would make anybody believe you are one of the twelve best teams.
Speaker 2: You didn't.
Speaker 1: You didn't, you know, And even if like people still believe you could be one of the twelve best teams. When it comes to your potential and your personnel, you.
Speaker 2: Didn't do it.
Speaker 1: So like winning in the playing game and then making the final four, it doesn't actually change anything about what you did before the tournament started. But anyways, Yeah, it sounds like the says here that it's possible that the this is from CBS Sports matt In Orlander. It's possible THENTABA decides to hold off on final verdict on this matter until twenty twenty six or twenty twenty seven. There's still ample time to wait and see. The current media deal with CBS Sports and Warner Brothers runs through twenty thirty two, so I'm not necessarily like thinking it's going to be a disaster, But I I'm very much in the in the camp of we don't need to expand the INSTABA tournament. In fact, they'll never do it because again, you know it just financially wouldn't make any sense to do something that would maybe lose you money, but like the event would be better if we didn't have the playing games.
Speaker 2: I think that's just me all right.
Speaker 1: If you want to be better as a man and feel better at louis of Men's Clinic, they can help you do exactly that. So I'm sure you know of all of the services that the Louisville Men's Clinic provides to help you when it comes to a rectiltis function, low testosterones, Peroni's disease, weight loss, therapy, hair restoration. I mean, it's not just for guys that are, you know, having a tough time in the bedroom. Clearly they can help you with that. They've got a variety of ways they can treat ed. But I think these this industry that louis Men's Clinic is very successful, and that's why they've been around here ten years. There's a lot of places, a lot of imitators that have popped up and shut up pretty quickly. In fact, they got low t themselves, if you know what I'm saying. Or maybe they got ed, I don't know either way. There's a lot of overnight companies that try to do what Louisvill Men's Clinic's been able to do, and they can't do it. That's why they don't stick around. They've been they've been doing this for over in years, so they know that there's a lot of noise about sort of what they do in the services they provide, and they are trying their best to make sure people that aren't only people that don't have a rectitis function, people that aren't even in their fifties yet or maybe even their thirties, there are still things they can provide that can help you be happier and healthier and really just give you a better life. As I've talked about many times, For me, it was it was low testosterrone. I didn't even know that I had it, and then sure enough to figure out, Okay, that makes a lot of sense as to why I'm feeling the way I'm feeling, and I've got some of these some of these issues, and now I don't anymore because of the fine folks at the louis Of Men's Clinics. So you can check them out on at Louisville Men's Clinic dot com or you can give them a call five oh two four four four four thousand. They are over there off Old off the old Henry Road exit on on uh, yeah, on Gene Snyder. I was gonna say, yeah, it's the old Henry exit off of Gene Snyder.
Speaker 2: They're over there at two five oh three bush Ridge Drive. So go see doctor Wood at bush Ridge Drive. Yeah, I'm sure you guys are laughing at you perverts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Doctor Wood is the name of the doctor who can help you with the rectata's function and a variety of other things once you grow up, everybody, and they're located on bush Ridge Drive.
Speaker 2: Mind out of the gutter.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, grow up, will you come on? I mean, I know we can sometimes get a little childish year.
Speaker 2: When it comes to humor, but I mean we don't play it. We're talking about the.
Speaker 1: Serious stuff here, yes, and doctor Wood is the man you.
Speaker 2: Don't play it.
Speaker 1: He's also he's also hilarious too, Like I don't just say that, because he's a professional and he's great at what he does, and he helped me. Like even if like you went over there and you told him what you thought maybe they could help you with and he said, look, I don't think we are compatible, which I doubt that would be the case, but I'm just saying, even if that was to happen hypothetical, you still would have felt like it was worth going because Doctor Wood's just a vibe. He's he's the man. So again, Louisllman's clinic. Dot COM's the website. Fave oo two four four four four thousands come back, It's right, four four four four thousand is the number if you want to give him a call. But we got to get to a break. We got two hours left getting you set for the weekend. We'll let you guys hear what Pat Kelsey had to say in his press conference earlier today. We'll get to that in the five o'clock hour. Also, a good ride up at WDRB. I don't remember. I think it was Bose, It's not Crawford. But if Louisville ends up sort of where they're currently projected when it comes to seed range, the potential opponents they could meet in the first round of the tournament some familiar faces. So we'll get to that in a lot more. It's coffee and company fuel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety