Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on Demand from kf I AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Now show.
Speaker 1: Social Media, Facebook gets to X tiptalk, viral DN.
Speaker 2: Viral Load, viral load, the viral load Ard.
Speaker 3: Timney kf I AM six forty is Later with mo Kelly on YouTube and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Let's get to the viral load with the Tiffany Hobs.
Speaker 4: Okay, the idea of a hack or a dupe is in the news. A lot of people are in conversation about these dupes, these hacks, especially when you think about what's going on with the conversation around counterfeit bags and luxury items for China versus being manufactured in other places. But that's a different conversation. We're not talking about a Burkin or a Gucci. We're talking about fish in this first story, and the fish in question is Costco's Meso black Cod. It sounds funny, it sounds like a song Miso black Cod. It's gone viral, and not just because it tastes good, but because a lot of people are saying that the Miso black Cod from Costco is absolutely comparable and maybe even better than No Boo's own Miso cod so on Reddit, a lot of these shoppers from Costco are talking about their experiences with this or that, and when it comes to this particular fish, lots of comments are coming in with people saying that the fish is practically identical. Some people are saying they enjoy having sushi night at home and that this particular cod reminds them of the cod they buy at the very expensive No Boo Japanese restaurant. One shopper was so impressed with the black cod from Costco that she says she plans to serve it at her upcoming wedding.
Speaker 5: Now here's the price differential.
Speaker 4: Costco's Miso Cod family size box, which has five individually wrapped pieces, costs approximately twenty three dollars. Okay, so twenty three five pieces of cod decent deal. If you go to Nobu and you order the cod the Miso cod plate, you're looking at forty six dollars on average, depending on location. In Los Angeles it's forty six, and other places it might be two dollars more or less depending on where you're at. But either way, this fish has gone completely viral. You expect to go out to Costco to find this meso black Cod. Good luck because of course when things go viral, they're very in demand and you're less likely to find them, all right, because you want to weigh in on that at all.
Speaker 3: Look, I was going to say something after me So Black Cod, and I was thinking about the two Live Crowd, two Live Crew, and I said, let me just leave that alone.
Speaker 5: That's why it definitely sounds like a song. And I just tried to.
Speaker 2: Bring me so black Cod, Oh me so black Codd? Yeah, absolutely time.
Speaker 3: Okayd god, I'm talking about the cod.
Speaker 5: Well, you won't be able to there's not going to be available in the stores.
Speaker 4: So moving along from Costco to Coachella. Right here we go some alliteration. There's an influence. Her name is Adelaine Morn and she is She has sparked a lot of backlash, not simply by buying an overpriced ticket to the festival or because of what she wore.
Speaker 5: No, it's for the fact.
Speaker 4: That she has shared with her millions of followers she has one point one million followers what she's eating at Coachella.
Speaker 5: And there's some audio to this.
Speaker 6: Go for it, Steph, would you ever spend one thousand dollars for dinner at Coachella. I think I found the most expensive place to have dinner in the festival. It's none other than No absolutely no walk in. It's reservations only. I'm so dumb. I accidentally booked my reservation per weekend too, but we were able to work it out on the back end because you have to pay it in full and there's no refund and oma casse menu so you don't get to pick what you get.
Speaker 2: A chef picks for you.
Speaker 6: And it's three hundred and fifty dollars per person plus twenty two percent included gratuity. So if you show up late, they'll give you a Bento box to go and you can't even eat it yet. I think that this is a once in a lifetime experience because you can have a Michelin starred dinner and just across from you is the Kasar stage where there's so many artists played. If you tiged your reservation right, you can literally be eating Nobu while Tiesta was playing. You guys know me, I'll cheap out on certain things and ball out on others, And this I don't regret a because it was such a fun experience and you can watch them make the sushi.
Speaker 5: Right in front of you.
Speaker 6: Sometimes getting a macase is scary because you don't know if you're gonna like the food. But everything that they prepared was so amazing. I did a little taste test blog as well. My favorite the rock shrimp Tempora. This gave us enough energy for the day that we were just frolicking around Coachella.
Speaker 4: Youve all up so as you can hear Adelaine details what she ate and people don't really care as much about what she ate as they do how much she's spent. So just to reiterate, it's one thousand dollars. That's the title or the byline of the story. But that's over for two people. It's about five hundred dollars per person. There's a pop up Nobu, so we're talking about Nobu Dupes at Costco. This is the actual Nobu restaurant popping up at Coachella just for the festival. And if you want to enjoy this experience, you make a reservation for one of the weekends. There are no refunds, and it's chef's choice, that's what she was saying. It's chef's choice. And when you get it, there it's three hundred and fifty dollars flat rate no matter what you get, plus an additional twenty two percent included gratuity on top of that, and drinks and everything else are extra.
Speaker 5: So and if you miss it, oh.
Speaker 4: Well, no refunds, and you only get fifty five or fifty minutes to enjoy your meal. They want people to be in and out. But she shared about it. Her millions of followers were enjoying the commentary. But she's getting a lot of backlash because people already have pretty divided opinions on Coachella and whether or not it's catering to the most affluent.
Speaker 5: Of the culture. I guess people who are attending.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this doesn't help that argument at all.
Speaker 2: Five hundred dollars per person.
Speaker 5: Five hundred dollars per person.
Speaker 4: Two people spent about nine hundred and forty five dollars, including one Red Bull, two waters, and one bottle of saki.
Speaker 3: I have ever in my life spent five hundred dollars for a singular person's meal. Not me, not my wife, not anyone dated in.
Speaker 4: Good conscience, I can't. It's all coming out. No matter what you spend, it's all coming out.
Speaker 5: One way.
Speaker 3: I couldn't do that, even buying bottles of liquor. I mean, five hundred dollars is a lot of money for a single meal.
Speaker 4: And it's really just to flex, as they say, just to brag and have something to show for your experience at this festival.
Speaker 2: And that's why your ass is broke.
Speaker 4: Two months later, when we come back, we're going to talk about a TikTok beauty craze that involves rubber bands and a facelift.
Speaker 5: But it's not what you think.
Speaker 3: It's Later with Mo Kelly, Part two of the Viral Load, coming right up on KFI AM six forty and YouTube.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 5: Now it's to My Room Lit with Tiffany Live on Camfieslater with KILLI.
Speaker 2: She'll talk about the tone.
Speaker 7: On social media.
Speaker 2: Room Alone with Tiffany Hubs.
Speaker 3: KFI YouTube Live Everywhere. Let's get back to part two of the Viral Low with Tiffany Hobs. No, I have a quick question for you, have a quick answer. Do you have any beauty routines? You have wonderful skin. You know, we look at it whenever we're here.
Speaker 4: They see you now on YouTube with your very smooth, wrinkleless palette.
Speaker 2: There, I drink a lot of water.
Speaker 3: Want to be very honest, there's a facial soap that I used that as Actually, my wife says in.
Speaker 2: The shower, look at you, hiji. But see, there's the thing about getting older.
Speaker 3: Hair starts growing where you don't want it mm hmmm, and you lose it where you do want it. And when when you're a man, hair will start growing out over your face and your ear and that kind of stuff. And so there's a whole thing I have to do with that. To answer your question, Yes, there's stuff I gotta do so I look presentable.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well I have something new to add to your routine.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be like that snail stuff.
Speaker 4: You know, you remember this snall seen snail. It's snail semen. It's not semen.
Speaker 5: They don't excreet, it's excretion. So but they're not.
Speaker 4: Talking about that. But wow, No, I remember good. I still I still owe you a bottle of it you don't own. Okay, I'll bring that in next week.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: This is not snail mucus. This involves giving yourself an instant facelift. You know, as we age, things start to happen with gravity.
Speaker 5: It's just like you said with hair, you might.
Speaker 4: Find parts of your face starting to go south the ways that you don't want.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: We all like the kind of tighter, taut look. Maybe not too taught right, But in this case, this particular trend has originated in South Korea and it went viral because a New York City dermatologist by the name of doctor David Kim posted his own TikTok video calling this the biggest hack, biggest beauty hack in Korea right now, And what is the hack? The hack involves looping rubber bands, regular rubber bands tightly around each of your ears for ten to thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: How pull them behind your head.
Speaker 4: You're basically putting the rubber band over your ear multiple times so that it's tights, so you're doubling, so starting to pull at your face, pull at your ears. Your ears will get red, of course, and devotees claim that this trick drains facial puffiness, lifts cheekbones, and sculpts jawlines, all without needles, fillers or knives.
Speaker 3: Now I'll use egg whites for like bags. One of my eyes. But that's about it.
Speaker 4: Sure spoons even in the freezer cool compress.
Speaker 5: Yet that's fine.
Speaker 4: This trend, while popular and absolutely viral, is gaining traction, and people are saying, especially the experts, are saying now that after six point two million views of this doctor's video, that this method is not gonna do anything long lasting.
Speaker 5: Number One, you might.
Speaker 4: Get a quick lift or some sort of stretchy feeling to your skin or taught feeling, but it will go away, and.
Speaker 5: It can do actual harm.
Speaker 4: It can restrict blood flow, cause discomfort obviously, and can potentially lead to skin irritation or damage, particularly to the delicate skin around your ears. So this video viral because of this doctor, this dermatologist, who is just adding to how it opting irresponsible sharing content like this can be a lot of people are jumping on board. Do not be that person. Oh all right, last story involves something that I imagine many of us have been through. Whether you like your job or you don't, or you have a history of going from an employer to employer, at some point, you've probably experienced some sort of frustration, aggravation, burnout, conflict between yourself and an employer, A colleague, it's natural, right every workplace is it going to be completely peaceful?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: People work?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 5: I know you do, and you manage it very well.
Speaker 7: It's difficult sometimes it's difficult. Can I can I translate? What you mean is that you love that and you can't stop thinking about me? Yes means no, That means yes. If I say yes, what's that mean? If you say yes, never mind, keep.
Speaker 2: Going go on.
Speaker 4: Well, in this case, let's say Mark was really really getting on your nerves hypothetically hypothetically science fiction total And let's say you wanted to get back at Mark in the workplace.
Speaker 2: I'm listening.
Speaker 4: I'm listening on Reddit, which is its own platform. What's going viral are employees who are sharing the ways in which they've gotten payback or revenge against their coworkers, colleagues, employers. Here are some examples of some of the revenge tactics. One person said they applied for every weird job they could find and used their boss's email and work phone as the contact, so whenever that job wanted to reach out, they contacted the boss.
Speaker 2: Can I make it an admission real quick?
Speaker 3: I would sign up for just about every mail list possible so when X would get spammed using her.
Speaker 4: Email statute of limitations, I think you're, oh, it's nothing illegal.
Speaker 3: I'm just just getting it off my chest, something I did many many now.
Speaker 7: So we're talking about ways to prank people you work with. Yes, I used to.
Speaker 2: My very first newspaper. I would.
Speaker 7: I would I sat next to my editor, who I couldn't stand. I would walk down to the loading dock, pick up the phone in the loading dock, call him and pretend I was an angry subscriber and I'd be like, what the hell do I have to do? And to get my paper put on my damn porch. And he'd be like, well, Harry, Sarah, let me transfer you to circulation. I'm like, I don't want to be transferred to circulation. I did this to him like every couple of weeks, and he never caught on.
Speaker 5: It was me another employee.
Speaker 2: How many years ago? It says, roughly, it's quite a while back. You don't want to be more specific.
Speaker 7: Well, the statue to limitations is probably gone and he's not at that paper anymore. But there are ways to exact revenge upon people who or make your life miserable.
Speaker 4: Let me give you a couple more so you can add them to your repertoire mark. Okay, just in case you may hypothetically want to get back against and employ you or a colleg league who might be getting on your nerves. Here's another one. This person took a wireless mouse and plugged it was an extra mouse, and plugged it into their coworkers' computer laptop and then hid the cursor in some way so that whenever the person went to manipulate the mouse, they couldn't find the cursor on the screen, and the employee just watched their colleague in agony and frustration as they tried to figure that out. Another person said, whenever I would hear my colleague talking about a vacation, I would find out what days they were taking off and immediately put in a request for the same days, so that that other employee would be.
Speaker 5: More likely to get denied.
Speaker 4: And lastly, and this one's my favorite, one person said that she had a coworker or a boss, doesn't specify, who kept a box of cereal on their desk, and every day at this time, this employee, the vindictive one, would get there early and crunch up the flakes inside of the cereal and put the bag back in the box just so that they could watch their coworker pour out dust.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know there's some people here in our kitchen who are intentionally crushing up the potato chips in there.
Speaker 2: Really. Yeah, yeah, because there's some.
Speaker 3: Every once in a while, I'll try to get a bag of potato chips and I can tell all they're basically dust.
Speaker 2: I've seen that's sick. Who would do that? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just know that it's being done, just like I know people are stealing other people's stuff out of the refrigerator.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen Mark in the kitchen area a lot more lately.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I'm not saying it is Mark. I'm just saying that it's not. I can't say that it's not Mark. I have an alibi, an ironclad alibi. I love workplace pranks, though.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna say this before we go to the break. I once recorded a friend of mine snoring at the newspaper. We had to share a hotel room because we went to a film convection.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, you did that to Stepan at the movies? Well, this was that, or the story was going to be this was better.
Speaker 7: I got in touch with somebody who knew how to play it over the building's PA system, and then sat back and watched as the dawning realization came over his face. Then he was hearing himself snore over the entire building's loudspeakers.
Speaker 5: Diabolical, but I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it though, I like diabolical, diabolical, you know stuff.
Speaker 4: So that concludes tonight's Diabolical viral loade.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty