Speaker 1: Step right up, ladies and gents, Tickets your tickets.
Speaker 2: The wild emit are about to begin.
Speaker 1: Gets tickets, Get them here on the greatest show.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Deplorable could Nation act both conspiracy side show tent the greatest free show on Earth, where the stranger it gets, the more that it's worth see the juries and be of Surd, every act you've never seen on her tickets tickets gancha tickets.
Speaker 3: Here, Hi, and welcome back to another episode of Deplorable Nation. I'm your host, Deplorable Janet, and today, ladies and gentlemen, the bestie from the Westie, Welcome back, Miss Heidi, my best friend in the whole wide world.
Speaker 1: How we I'm good. I'm so glad to be on here, and I love We were just talking about how much we love interacting with, you know, people that are in the community, that are like part of our little group and the camaraderie, and I love that. I love the ones that are real and they're just a breath of fresh air. So it's always wonderful to be here with my wonderful best friend Janet.
Speaker 3: I love doing these shows together because not only is it creepy, but it's also educational. So today, ladies and gentlemen, of course, we are continuing our sideshow Attraction series and today it is Skeletons in Your Closet, And so today we're going to talk about all things wild and weird about skeletons and skeletal deformities. And again disclaimer, don't get your panties up in a bunch, because we are just stating back about people who used to be inside shows or could be considered a side show performer because of things that they had. A lot of these things you don't see so much anymore, but it was common back in the day.
Speaker 1: No, don't. Yeah, And look, I mean there's gonna be some pictures, like always, there's gonna be just warning, right, trigger alert. There's gonna be some medical nudity, not just weirdo nudity, medical nudity, and some little bit disturbing. There's a couple disturbing photos, so just you know, be aware if you don't like things like that. There's no gore per se, but there's some very strange things. And so there is one today that uh, I will preface when I get to that photo, I will give everybody a little trigger warning because there are external bouts visible, so that one might be traumatic for some people, so right, our babies and children.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and sorry if it offends anyone. But again, this is passing along medical information about conditions specific to people that were performers in side shows back in the day. You don't see these things anymore because it's considered exploitative or whatever you want to think.
Speaker 1: But but they do have shows like the Little People shows and all this stuff. They still exploit them. And guess what, I'm glad they do, because those people need a freaking job. Like, let's be real, they can't if you got brittle bone disease, which we're going to go into, you can't go work and be lifting things and hurt yourself. Like, let's be real. No, I'm glad they have a place to be and they should be able to choose. But regardless, we aren't weighing in on the morality part so much. We're just showing you what's real about real medical problems.
Speaker 3: But here's here's the flip side of that coin. Like you said, good thing this existed back in the day so that they would have an opportunity to work and earn money. And like you said, they're still exploiting people because of all the different things. But now it's on TV or on film, so it's okay, right.
Speaker 1: Ye, right, yeah, you know, I'll open this up and I think I'm going to be where you can talk, where it will follow along, I hope. So I think I did. I think I did.
Speaker 3: We're going to do whatever we're going to do.
Speaker 1: I try to go off of Miss Janet's notes that are very wonderful. So so we get to day.
Speaker 3: One of the first things we're going to talk about is human skeleton people. Right, they appeared to be extremely emaciated. They're very tall, they're very slender, they have uber long arms, uber long legs, some distortion in the chest, things of that nature. And so the most common condition that causes that is Marphan syndrome.
Speaker 1: Can you see this, Miss Janet?
Speaker 3: Oh, hold on, I got to bring it up. Oh you're good, Okay, So look at how long for people who are watching this guy's arms are literally down to his knees, that's how long his arms are. And so a lot of times this is a genetic connective tissue disorders that it affects like building the bony structures of the body. And so they have a whole lot of problems with this. But interesting side note on Marphins syndrome, there is speculation that President Abraham Lincoln actually had Marfan syndrome because he was abnormally shaped. Now this person, yes we're looking at now, not only does she have Marfan syndrome, but she also has scoliosis in her spine with you know, the sideways curvature in her spine, and she.
Speaker 1: Also has it common Yeah, he has.
Speaker 3: It in her lumbar and also in her cervical spine.
Speaker 1: So yes, yep, And this one was so I think this one just showed so perfectly because of the length of her fingers and everything. I just really liked this photo. Not that she's not for her like that's sad, but it just shows almost clinically like look at that picture versus like this guy, Like it looks the same same.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, exactly. And so one of the things, not only do they have really long arms, really long legs, they can have disproportionately long fingers, toes, things like that, but they also have very hyper flexible joints and like I said, scoliosis, but they can also have chyphosis, which means that the curvature in the spine is not sideways, it's outward, so hunchback, right, so hunchback name type people things like that, also the deformities and the chest where they can either have a sunken chest like the girl in the picture head or they can have what she calls a pigeon chest where it what bulges out instead of the pigeon. Pigeon for you, yeap, forgive me for saying this one. Wait wait, wait, pull that one picture back up again.
Speaker 1: Look at that one?
Speaker 3: Whoa pull the pull the previous Okay, I think it was this one. Oh it looks like a face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh it does. Oh I see it. Oh it does. That looks like a mouths in the nose in the mouth and the ice. Sorry, no, I see it, dude, I see it. And these ones were crazy like the deviation of this and the pressure it puts on the heart. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Right, because the picture that we're looking at right now, they have a sunken chest. The chest is caved in, so it looks like the actual breastbone between the rib cage is missing, and so you have the you know, the the breast and then there's this deep con cave like hole in the chest.
Speaker 1: What would happen if we do CPR on them? Dude, that looks terrifying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I would not want to touch a patient like that because it looks like the breastplate is not there.
Speaker 1: And this one is so dramatic and it looks like a bird. Look I I beak right, you call it the pigeon thing.
Speaker 3: And the picture that we're looking at right now, like the chest is protruding, but it also is kind of like in a triangular shape. So it's like the ribcage did not form properly and it's causing a very large.
Speaker 1: Severe Yes, and I try to find the most severe one speaking a plunch back, this one is very sad. And this is a woman, by the way, and it's just.
Speaker 3: Very severe case of cayphosis.
Speaker 1: And there's our most famous cauphosis.
Speaker 3: Second Notre Dame. So one of the things about this condition is some patients can have caiphos scoliosis, so they have skull and kyphosis both. And so not only do they have the sideways s curvature of this spine, but they also have the hunchback. That's what this child looks like.
Speaker 1: Yep, she has the both this and the side and they are able to surgically at least help these people, now, which I'm so grateful because this is so severe in some people that I mean, it's almost mind boggling.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, kind of it's kind of skit whow.
Speaker 1: That's the difference. So that was how she started and then down at the bottom after traction and surgery where she went to. So that's a huge difference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that spinal thing is very like disruptive to your organs, to your lungs because whenever you have like a massive curvature, this one, I would say is probably like well over twelve degrees of curvature because that's what's required for surgical intervention. But this particular girl, if you think about like what that does and how that shifts all the internal organs to different parts of the body or crams like the lungs up into the chest's cavity.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine the internal organs. Yeah, even here after surgery, you can still see there's a huge displacement still of the cayphosis. Yeah, but doesn't mean it's not as severe as it was.
Speaker 3: And the shoulders on this person that we're looking at are very deformed as well. So the shoulder bones on the back look like actual chicken wings because of like a thin yeah art sticking out just on one side on the right side. It's it's very much protruding past the rest of the body.
Speaker 1: And look, I think the reason why they couldn't fix it is I literally think this shoulder grew bigger, like it is big. Look at that.
Speaker 3: I'm clear now, And that's that's one of the things that we'll talk about later on, because that does happen in certain conditions where one side of the body grows bigger than the other side of the body, when there's spinal deformities like this.
Speaker 1: It's so sad. This guy was pretty famous. He's like a human skeleton one with mar Fan. He can't remember his name, but I thought his was very James Morris. Yeah, he's a definitely got So.
Speaker 3: He was considered either the ossified man or the living skeleton. And it said not only did he have Marfan syndrome, but they also think that he had other connective tissues as well. These people to me also like him especially looks like he has wasting syndrome where all of his musculature is missing, and so it literally looks like on his arm, just skin directly over the bone.
Speaker 1: It's terrifying. Like, actually, his face doesn't look bad. The face seems to not he's normal, yeah, but he just looks emaciated, like you said, but man, my husband was actually having a hard time with these.
Speaker 3: Look at how large his kneecaps are, though, like, oh yeah, look really huge. And then it looks like this, you know, like an oversized like in between a softball and a basketball or something. And then his legs are really tiny compared to the size of his knees.
Speaker 1: That's wild, super wild. He's in a lot of things, like when I looked up at him and this next guy that you had, this guy that was seven it's something that this is him. I can't remember his name, but he was next on the mar fam guys that was seven foot two. I think his last name was Alan.
Speaker 3: But yeah, And one of the things since we were talking about like organ displacement and stuff for people's bodies, because it's a skeletal deformity and we haven't seen it in the pictures that we've looked at yet, but a lot of times because the facial bones also don't form like they're supposed to. You can also have eye problems like a dislocation of your ocular lens, which causes a lot of problems because it distorts your cranial nerves. And then they're also really high at risk for aortic aneurysms or having those actually rupture or burst because their organs are moved around the body and the A order literally runs straight down the center line of the body. And so if you're shifting everything, especially with real severe scoliosis, cayphosis and the abnormalities and the you know, the chest, the chess plate, the you know, rib cage, all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: It seems like every picture I got too, they all have all of them if it's at the same level, because you can see sunken chess deviated also he's got a lot and scoliosis with the huge shoulder again.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, And that's what they said. And a lot of times it wasn't just Marfans syndrome. There were performers that performed, you know, as as the Hell but as the living skeletons or human skeleton, whatever you want to call him. But it could have also been from herculosis, severe anorexia, or other wasting conditions that caused them to look you know, kind of like James Morris did where it looked like he had no muscle or ligature in his body. It just looked like droopy bones everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wild, this is so deep. I just I mean, yeah, I would not.
Speaker 3: I think I would take a pass on the CPR.
Speaker 1: I know, the where would the heart beat?
Speaker 3: Like, where is it right? And especially since there's no chest plate, where would you perform CPR Because the part of the breastbone, you know, is two fingertips or three.
Speaker 1: Fingertips above that hypoid.
Speaker 3: Process as the end of the breastbone, and the breastbone's missing.
Speaker 1: And I wouldn't want to do it on him either, because what if you break it?
Speaker 3: Like have you ever done CPR in a patient?
Speaker 1: Yes, lots, but not like that, not those people. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have actually broken a rib on a patient before.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we usually break ribs. I can fill the crunch usually if you're doing it right. I hate to see that you'll fill a crunch, yep.
Speaker 3: But some people are brail and brittle and all the stuff, all the things that goes along with it. So with these people because their organs are so like misplaced and you know, shifted and all of that stuff. It's really important for them, especially these days, to have regular heart monitoring done, and sometimes the surgery is needed because of that aortic problem where you know, they order shift it as well, so it makes it easier. Oh, John Ason. The next one is the one that you were talking about before that says he's he was over seven to some people, exaggerated a little bit, said he was eight of nine.
Speaker 1: He's pretty big. This guy was that owcified man too. You talk to another one, but I just don't want to put that up there. But he's frozen like that. Let me go back to that guy. I have a bunch of pictures of him because he is really tall.
Speaker 3: Right he is. And it said that he had possible scoliosis, which you can't tell from this picture, and skeletal deformities in addition to also being a giant and having gigantism and so yeah, like that's a whole host of problems.
Speaker 1: Because must not be too bad because his shoulders look pretty even like I see a slight upper on the right.
Speaker 3: I mean not terrible, yeah, but this I mean think about like the compounded problems from having multiple different kinds of things and so like on our series on you know, Dwarfs and Giants, we talked about all the complications and the problems that come along with having gigantism in the first place, and then throw in the scoliosis and.
Speaker 1: The heart problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the heart problems and everything on top of that.
Speaker 1: Did he die early because he looks I mean they usually die early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it says eighteen ninety to nineteen thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, not very old. That's how it goes, you know, the gigantism. I mean, even though people would rather sometimes have height, I'm just seeing always that they have more problems than the dwarfism, like they live longer. Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: And I think I'm at a happy height for Yes, I'm not a dwarf, you're not. I am pretty short and fun size. But yeah, like we don't have anybody super tall in my family, and I'm very glad for that because they're all they all have their they all have their own problems, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: My dad, everybody on my dad's side, I do think they had a slight mar Fan syndrome. Actual they have very long arms. Fair I should have chucked in a photo. But they look like like the kid that looked more normal ish this kid right here, but without the scoliosis. And honestly, it makes sense with all of the hypermobility and everything. Like oftentimes I'm like, do I really have that or is it just a product of this right? Like, I mean, because I have scoliosis, I have all the things. I have long arms not quite like that, but and I am tall for a woman, but thank heavens, my grandpa married very shortly and then my mom, you know, is short. So I think selectively they bred it out, I mean on accident.
Speaker 3: Or happily they bright for the rest of you who came afterwards.
Speaker 1: Think Kevin's yeah, because I don't want that happening. Where would my titties go, exactly? Can you?
Speaker 3: And see? I wonder if if they have anybody that has this condition that has the pigeon chest, the chest that sticks out, if they have any females that have.
Speaker 1: It, would be rough.
Speaker 3: They don't get it because it's a connective tissue disorder.
Speaker 1: Right right, or like maybe it seems less for them, so maybe they're not diagnosed. Same with sunken chest. I think you wouldn't know as much. If you were a woman not to this level, clearly you would know, But like if it was moderate like this and you just had big boobies, like would you know, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would think, especially with somebody that has the flail chest or the or not flail chest, the sunken chest, if you had breast tissue and a lot of breast tissue, I can't imagine the weight since the breastbone seems to be missing, right.
Speaker 1: That's true, it would probably hurt bad. I think they're always in pain for this syndrome. I will say, like with connective tissue disorders in general, they're very painful. So ealers downlow sucks, like if that's really what's going on or whatever is happening, but you're just hurting all the time because you accidentally do things that shouldn't happen, right, sleeping.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. So one of the things. They also build people as a half man or frog boy because of uh other spinal malformations that happens that that end up in severe limb contracts and so some of them their their legs do go out like frog legs or some people, uh like they're unable to bend their joints. The anovial fluid is missing from from their knee joints and stuff, and so they wind up in wheelchairs. So they wind up walking on their hands or kind of like the hop emotion like a frog because they can't move their joints.
Speaker 1: There's this one's this one's good to show like a very severe he was pretty famous, you know in that scene. But you can definitely see like his limbs. He back then you couldn't cut them off because you die of infection. But nowadays it's almost better off, you know, right.
Speaker 3: And this guy has he's in a whell chair and he has very skinny legs. His arms look look normal, but he has really bad contortion of his lower leg bone and his ankle bones.
Speaker 1: Was so really bad. And there's a few others. Let's see, I don't know if you saw this one. This guy was pretty famous as frog boy m. And then there is a couple look at this janet. Yeah, and this.
Speaker 3: I just want to say, kind of what my knee does. Sometimes it will ben backwards, but this this picture that, yeah, this boy's knee joints are backwards on his body, and so the kneecap is actually on the back of the knee, so he the legs are bent backwards.
Speaker 1: It looks like a chair.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I can't imagine the amount of people that would get whiplash looking at him. And I would say they would probably and this is guessing, but I would say they would probably build that as like Chicken Boy or you know, like dinosaur boy, like that was the way that the knees or backwards.
Speaker 1: And this one was crazy. I was like whoa, And especially since it's like nowadays, I was like, what on earth? But these ones are are the more small like little appendages, but they still work, you know. But I do have one. This is the imperfecto one, right, This is this.
Speaker 3: Is a very interesting thing. It's called osteogenesis imperfected. It's also called brittle bone disease. They are uber easy to fracture, like at any given time doing anything at all because it is another genetic connective tissue disorder. The body doesn't make enough quality type one collagen, which is what you have to have for strong bones and stuff, and this leads to easy fractures with sometimes little or no trauma. She has a picture of a infant up on the screen right now, where the baby's right leg is just for you, and it's bent up and backwards, so it's like the knee is folded up over each other. This is another case like the older boy was, where the legs are are bent in the absolute opposite direction.
Speaker 1: It's wild to me. That is like that. My husband was out. He was like, I can't look at these pictures. You're maybe, He's like, I'm sorry, I get sick. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, not only do they have the ability to fracture really easy because the bones are are very dried out and and ossified, but also they have curved or bowed bones. Sometimes they're very short in stature just because the bones don't fuse properly at the epitheesial plates during growth. And so this kid definitely has uh looks like both legs, but his legs actually are flexed all the way up.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, like in pretzel guys like that.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, so something really highly interesting about this. And I've only seen a case of this once in my entire life. But they also the whites of their eyes are bluish in color, and I would say probably because they haven't had. You know, they don't have that connective tissue and the collagen to actually help to form the whites of the eyes, and so it appears discolored. They also have progressive hearing loss dental issues because your teeth are made up the same stuff, so the teeth are also brittle. They can break off at any given moment. That is a very weird.
Speaker 1: I know I hadn't. I didn't know where to put it because I was like, is this a frog boy or not? But I put it here to explain something because as we're going through these photos, right and we're seeing all these dressed people and whatnot. Look, there are questions that people have when you see half of a man, and I know you're getting close to half of a man. And that's why I put it here instead of where you're going to talk about this particular syndrome. Because some people got junk and some people don't. And I know that the first question in my mind is it where is their penis and stuff right like or their vagina? Do they have one? Because of medical reasons, not because I'm a pervert. If you don't, you can't go to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: We got problems, right, and that's that's when you know, if the child lives long enough. This is a baby that has no arms and no legs and it I can't even tell what that is.
Speaker 1: It does have a penis. And so.
Speaker 3: You know, anytime you have a problem like that where where your genito urinary organs are not formed properly or are incomplete, if the child lives long enough, this is when you would have to do like a colostomy for you know, waste products, and you know, possibly surgeries on on the bladder and kidneys as well to be able to let them go.
Speaker 1: To the bathroom. Yeah, because it depends on how serious it is. And and this is another frog boy, but he clearly has a genital area. And then I know you mentioned the half people. You know, I don't know if that's now or what's next on our list.
Speaker 3: So let's see already covered caiphosis and scoliosis.
Speaker 1: So frog boy, and then I didn't know if half Boy was with that, but okay, so let me just talk about this really quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so one of the things that they couldn't decide or that is up for debate and the side shows because they're you know, they've got the hunchbacks. They've got camelback man, they got frog boy, they got all these things, and so some of it leaned a little bit toward the gothic grotesque type stuff. But they didn't know, especially with crooked men, which this baby would be a crooked man or a pretzel boy. They don't know if a lot of these performers were actually contortioist or were actually born with the deformity. So contortionists like train their whole life to be able to move their body. A lot of contortionists also have eilers dammost because the hyper flexibility, the hyper mobility and the joints and things like that. But a lot of times they were actually questionable right in the in the world because people didn't know if these people were actually born that way or if they trained their bodies to.
Speaker 1: Do to stay that way.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, let's talk about rickets.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have that next, right perfect.
Speaker 3: So rickets is an extremely interesting disease. It is because of the loss or lack of vitamin D, and you really need vitamin D in your body for all kinds of processing. You can't you can't process vitamin C for your bone and calcium and things like that either. So a lot of people with rickets had boat legs as well, also could have the pigeon chest like we talked about just a little while ago. Their bellies are extended a lot of times.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 3: Again like so many different kinds of complications, because even if, even if you could get vitamin D right from the sun and things like that, a lot of people don't have the ability to process vitamin D. And so even if you take copium amounts of supplements or you're on vitamin D drips or anything like that, their body can absorb it and can't change it from active and inactive vitamin D to do the things that it needs to do.
Speaker 1: Yes, and this one he had it, and they caught it early enough. I mean, there are some things that are not going to change, like his cranial features. I mean, his head is just going to be quite larger. But as you can see, the bowing of his legs calmed down as he got the help he needed medically.
Speaker 3: Right, And it's a some people that had Rickittson. Of course, scurvy was a thing back in the day too, and that's of course from a lack of vitamin C. But the boy that we're looking at right now, he again has the really swollen stomach. It looks like his arms and his hands and his knees and his ankle bones are all like severely deformed from the lack of vitamin D process.
Speaker 1: So sad. And I mean they can, like like she said, some people can't absorb it no matter what. Some people can be helped and have this reversed. So it depends on this one. Probably not, this is extensive.
Speaker 3: But I would say too that you know, surgical intervention with bracing and things of that nature or kind of it kind of made me think of like Forrest Gump right where he had the braces on his legs, and that definitely they would have to do like some kind of reconstructive surgery, especially like on the ankle joints where they're not formed properly, because I don't know how you would walk without that.
Speaker 1: And so you know, I did say if they get if they get it during childhood, this can be even the deformities can be improved or cured. And I have a stupid story, this is the Mormon story that it's real. So Saint George, Utah is in the southernmost part of Utah, and there was a guy guy named George, and he was big up in the church. Actually, you know, he he ends up like his son ends up going on to be one of the prophets. But I think he might have been too. But anyways, they named Saint George Saint George because he found out that the Mormons were having a terrible time with rickets and as they would come into town, he would give them all a potato and it like helped them so much with scurvy and ricketts that he they literally named him Saint George, and so as the town is named.
Speaker 3: So that's very interesting.
Speaker 1: Mormon story.
Speaker 3: And I don't know, you know, I'm not sure, like back in the day, like because the son has always been around, right, what would what would cause them so many people because this was a very common thing. Then what would cause them so many people to have this problem?
Speaker 1: He said? They said during the westward journey, so many pioneers suffered from this because of lack of food. So the grateful settlers recognized this life saving impact of Saint George George Smith aka related to just a Smith, and so called the name of Saint George Utah.
Speaker 3: So because especially if they're like prairie travelers, right, You're out in the sun all of the time. And granted, you know, if they had a long trek or whatever, food would be missing, but you're still absorbing vitamin D and your son and your skin.
Speaker 1: I guess it wasn't enough because they were starving. But and you know, they shouldn't have left in the middle of winter. But not the best best time, No, not a good time to travel with the you know, wagon trains and you know all that stuff. And this kid's looks not as severe, Like I'm not saying it's not severe. Possibly might be able to be cured. Like like we said, it's all dependent on when it happens, how it happens. The deformity like this one is pretty severe as well.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and this is this is another one where I'm not too sure that there's not more than one condition going on here, because you have the abnormal from the knees down right, the knees are bent outward, the legs are bent outward, and so could this just be Ricketts possibly, But I would say this this guy also suffers from some kind of other connective tissue scouttal deformity type thing.
Speaker 1: So sad because they're all kids. But I mean, we have to talk about it, you know, sad situation.
Speaker 3: And I'm very thankful that a lot of these conditions are not as prevalent now, especially here because we have access to medical care and you know, food and clean water. But I'm wondering if other countries have more incidents of these kind of skeletal deformities because they don't have access to the food, water or medical care.
Speaker 1: Yes, yep, sad. So next, I have tell me what you have a recorder sized guy, that's what they call him, and he doesn't have a penis. I had to look it up. I'm sorry, I am maca, but I have to know these things I don't know well.
Speaker 3: And it's interesting that you said that because when we get to the conjoined twins talk about overpopulation in one family, I was like, holy, Holy mother.
Speaker 1: God, I'm surprised this guy made it into like adulthood, right, like when you're when you do back then, think of back then, Like what what was it I got? I've got to find out. I don't even know what, Like I don't even know if there's a hole. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's that's the thing, because I mean, how would how would we know that? Because especially with just this picture. But this is the half boy. So his name was Johnny Eckhart Junior, and he was known as the half boy because it's lower body was missing. He was born with sacral a genesis and it's uh, it's as often grouped with other limb deformity acts. But he was a handwalking an acrobatic person because his legs were missing. And so yeah, that's an interesting thing. And this is another picture where they almost look like they're twins.
Speaker 1: That's what I wondered. I they have all these pictures of him with this brother. Clearly it's a brother, and I wondered if they were twins or not, and maybe something happened there.
Speaker 3: And so one of these, yeah, he he is the half man and his brother is normal and regular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so.
Speaker 3: I want to go to arthrogriphosis multiplexic congenita. It's called AMC for short. It's a rare condition where baby is born with multiple joint contractors kind of like that. The infant that we saw where his legs were like bent up over his shoulders comes from stiffness and lack of movement in two or more joints. So common is the knees, not so much in the hands that you don't see that very often. But this baby also and the hip joints along with the knees as a thing, said.
Speaker 1: Why this one too wild?
Speaker 3: What It's not a single disease per se. It's more of a clinical finding. You think, like if I delivered a baby and saw a baby that was contorted like that, I'd be like, okay, yeah, no, this is more than a clinical finding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, kidding there. I did find that that was a twin. They were twins. But he lived a long time, like seventy somethings, so he must have clearly been able to take care of business some other way.
Speaker 3: You go up there must have been like a you know, something going on down there. So this thing with the with the anthrogripoposis multiplex, it says it's congingital so it's present at birth joint contracts everywhere, and they said it can be caused from decreased fetal movement in the womb. I didn't have a problem with that because I think my daughter was a gymnast when she was an infant. It can result from nerve muscle, connective tissue, or maternal conditions that cause the lack of fetal movement, any kind of genetic syndromes, or it can be a neurological problem that prevents normal muscle movement, which again would also restrict the blood flow.
Speaker 1: And so which looks like it might have caused some deformation to the foot there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent. Like not only is the right leg bent u up sideways, it's up to the abdomen, but the ankle bone is also malformed, and so the foot curves under the body, which is crazy. It looks like possibly that the right arm the wrist joint.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I see that.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, it's like the genitals are Yeah, something's going on here misshaped or malformed or maybe like that, or they gotta hell of infection going on in that place. Yeah, jerkes, so conjoined twins.
Speaker 1: I'll show these last couple of these women. They are also Yeah, I forgot about the late and actually the women, this woman like they did. Some of them did have business like she did. This lady had her proper genitals. I don't think this one did. But some of them have had babies, so.
Speaker 3: The picture that we were just looking at. She has no arms and no legs.
Speaker 1: M she's so pretty, you guys, like, if you're not seeing it. Not to say that all deformations cause physical like in your face, but it's just very sad. Yeah, so is this next lady. She's pretty too, Like she has arms at least.
Speaker 3: And this one, the lady that we were just looking at, she has arms. She has a normal face, and it looks like her hers goes down below her pelvision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she has which I mean, people can say it's not important all day long. Look, let's get real. First of all, it's super important. Second of all, like to live your whole life and not have a regular sexual life. Not saying they didn't have sex, I'm just saying the typical sexual life. I'm sure they did what they needed to do, but you know it would be emotionally taxing, and let alone the infections. I can't imagine at this time how that guy how he lived. I'm trying to like look and see if they had a stoma placement, because I can't imagine how he lived all those years till seventy something, and it has nothing about how he eliminated.
Speaker 3: So the lady that we're looking at now, it looks like she's missing all of her fingers on both arms her and they're very short. They're like the length of the upper arm and that's it. And then it looks like maybe one finger on each arm.
Speaker 1: She has.
Speaker 3: One foot that's attached to her pelvic air without the leg bones, and the other one looks kind of like a flipper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so some of these are wild. The way they hit like it is just whoa, you know. And then this is the last two I have on that before we run to the conjoined twins. This lady was so pretty. She didn't have any arms, but she did have legs, and she had all her businesses and she could do things with her feet, which I thought was bad ass.
Speaker 3: And I've seen that where there's some people that can like paint or do music or whatever just by using their feet.
Speaker 1: Yep, and that's crazy, I mean, and hers, I mean, her arms are like they're non existent, like there's not even there was nothing for Yeah, and so that is a it's a wild thing to see for sure, but yeah, it's just sad. So I got to mention this.
Speaker 3: So people are probably going to be like that is off color and awful. But going to the person that has no arms and no legs, you would literally have to pick them up and put them where you wanted them to be. Yep, I cannot imagine like just somebody picking me up and carrying me and setting me down like on the counter or whatever.
Speaker 1: Like not being able back then, like either to have any kind of like nowadays, maybe they'd have a wheelchair where you could blow in it or something, but like back then, they didn't have any of that. There was nothing, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't imagine that.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So now we're going to move on to conjoin twins. And conjoin the twins share parts of their body due to incomplete cell division during the process. They're wonders of the world right. They're considered medical marbles or human marbles. The most famous are these two gentlemen, Chang and Aang Bunker. I heard about these guys when I was little. And why is that, I don't know because they died way before I was ever born, because they died in eighteen seventy four. But I thought that was the coolest thing when I was growing up. I'm like, what, really, they're like connected together and like I'd never heard of that, so couldn't. Joined twins are also quote unquote Siamese twins, if you've heard it in that way. But Chang and Aang were actually conjoined at the sternum, and they shared a liver.
Speaker 1: And I was separating it. Maybe nowadays they would split the liver.
Speaker 3: And so these are the ones that I was like, whoa. So they got really wealthy because of course they toured and and they were uber famous. Like I said, I heard of them when I was little, and I don't know why they married sisters and then they fathered twenty one children in between. Oh okay, now on a on a note, okay, so they're can joined at the sternum. They share a liver, but they both have separate man parts, separate legs.
Speaker 1: How in the world have a kink? Janet gotta have a kink? Them sisters got how how in.
Speaker 3: The world were they looking up with their wife gro creating while they're still attached to.
Speaker 1: They're sure, I'm sure that, like I hear a hole there for you, right.
Speaker 3: Because look at them in this picture, right, they're they're kind they almost face toward each other.
Speaker 1: So the one, for sure, this other guy he has a little bit more.
Speaker 3: This is going to be inappropriate and TMO where this looks like one would be on the bottom, she would be in the middle, and then the other one would sandwich her on the top because the way they're joined, And.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to discuss what kind of sandwich they made because also they have the same exact DNA, so no one would know whose kid it was anyways, exactly y'all know.
Speaker 3: And that's why like exact, because these two were are they're like facing each other, and so I'm trying to wrap my mind around going twenty one children between the two of them, and good time.
Speaker 1: It was a good time, sure remotely and they literally So for people that don't know this, I just assume most people do. But when you have twins like this, because that the cell is dividing, when you have an identical twin, it's not like two eggs drop and then the babies are made with two separates Ferm, That's not what happens here. This is a fusion problem. So when it's dividing and separating, it didn't do it correctly. So these people any identical twins by or triplets or I don't care what as long as they're identical, their DNA is exactly the same. So if one commits a murder, the others got to be worried.
Speaker 3: They're going to come and get both of them.
Speaker 1: Ah, and even if he wanted a DNA test. I mean, so, I'm just saying these wives they were they were probably into some kinks.
Speaker 3: I mean, oh, well, and two brothers, and they buried two sisters and had twenty one kids. I'm just saying what kind of.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: And they all obviously they all had to live together.
Speaker 1: Oh, and they had to be well, what is he going to do? Put on a fucking blindfold? Like, no, No, they're they're into it, you I mean, and I don't blambers. Here's too. Yeah, more power to you guys that you got it done. And and obviously we're urall produced a lot.
Speaker 3: They had their own army.
Speaker 1: Yep, they did.
Speaker 3: This one would be awful.
Speaker 1: Yep. How do you go? Pooh, I'm just curious.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing. It made me think of if anybody's ever seen a human centipede, but they're like joined at the buttalks.
Speaker 1: And I put this in here because I think it's similar to those girls and this is more graphic and shows you know.
Speaker 3: So this picture is too conjoined infants. They're joined at the hip bone and at the butt.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: They have normal upper bodies, but they share a butt and obviously gonna share rectum. And it looks like their pelvic bone is partially shared as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it was similar to those girls maybe how they looked with the butt part not not downward. But I tried to put things in here that would kind of help us along, like to explain this. Yeah, mm hmmm. And they're I mean, they're super cute girls.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, so hard.
Speaker 1: I don't know. So is this the it's the girls? I think it's next on your okay, the women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this is another uh, this is an African American Uh, twin girls and and again I don't I can't tell from this if it is their butt or kind of their side right, and maybe both where they're joined, but they're instead of being like Chang and Nang bunker, these two are facing outward. So at least if they were going to do something, because they have normal legs, normal arms, number, normal upper body, it's just looks like their butt, their hips and maybe part of their spine or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't tell on that one because they were careful to make sure they covered these guys up. But yeah, sad, but.
Speaker 3: At least they're outward facing and.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they can have some Privacyg's Louise. Their names are Millie and Christine McCoy. That's these ladies' names. So if anybody else, this is.
Speaker 3: The one that they build these two as the two headed nightingale. I don't know why, other than they're very pretty. They're like Victorian where, just like most of the pictures that we've seen. But I don't I don't really know why they called them the nightingale.
Speaker 1: I don't know. They just it does show. That's what they call them. That's just what. I don't know why they call them that. And they died up tuberculosis, and then of course the other one died right after twelve hours later, so must have been circulatory systems must have been shared there. This one I threw in there just because we were talking about the girls. It's not the next slide I have for you, but this one was like kind of like changin ing and it was wild, like it showed their bellies. I thought I'm gonna throw that in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one is two like toddler girls. I'm assuming they're both girls. They look like girls, yes, And it looks kind of like Chang and Nang's where they are actually joined like at the stomach and they're super close face in each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be so annoying. Oh my gosh, that would drive me crazy.
Speaker 3: That was another Victorian attached at the butt thing.
Speaker 1: There's another one of those ladies. And then here's another one of them as they got older, And then this one was kind of famousy she had a baby, and I thought this was hysterical because I guess inquiring minds like mine want to know. I didn't look this one up because I can clearly see they have their own pelvisies. But somebody else did and they were like, they only ever had sex once. This is on their medical documents. And then she clearly had a baby and they were both able to reach orgasm. I was like, oh, how nice of you to put that in. What the hell well?
Speaker 3: And that would make sense especially if they're sharing like partially the pelvic region or whatever.
Speaker 1: And they never told who who the dad was. They were like, nah, bro, so.
Speaker 3: Did they ever tell which one of them gave birth.
Speaker 1: It was this one. She she's the one. They have separate businesses, but yeah, but they both. I mean, it was a one man show.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine, especially for conjoint meents, like how it's rough, or who you would go to to make your clothes, because back in the day, like a lot of moms would sew they're in clothes, or they'd go down to the merchant deal right and buy something. But how do you go down there and be like, yeah, I need it because they're jos And how do you measure for that?
Speaker 1: I'm not I don't know. I don't even know, but I mean you would really just I guess since they've been together their whole lives. I mean, I guess you would just be used to things. I would think, I mean, you would either love them or hate them, right like and then hopefully it looks like maybe they've got two dresses and like sewdom together. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It seems like I don't know, and it's it. It would be awful if you like despise the person that was attached to you.
Speaker 1: Nipes and their son grew up and he's totally normal and he's super handsome. Ps I should have thrown that picture in there, but he's totally totally normal. Yeah, this one is I think next on your list.
Speaker 3: This is uh Giovanni. Yes, how the tasted says Italian twins. They shared a body below the waist, but they had two torsos and heads so they okay, so it looks like their arms are joined.
Speaker 1: It looks odd.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh, they only have they definitely are them and so they only have one set of legs and it looks like they share genitalia and.
Speaker 1: One big chest, like a heart shaped chest, and one you know, two arms and just and then they each have two arms, but the ones are toward the.
Speaker 3: Back, which is Yeah, it looks like it looks like they possibly could be the second pair could be fused.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, yeah, I'm not sure if it's fused or if that's how they always held them, maybe so they wouldn't hang.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: This would be rough. These guys hated being famous.
Speaker 3: Oh I sure, I can't and I can't imagine this because, like heights said, from their genitial area up to their head, it does look like a giant heart and the way that they're joined, so not only joined the stomach, but their chester fused together and stuff as well. So I can't imagine what the insides would look like. And and do they both have a heart? Do they share one heart?
Speaker 1: Are things.
Speaker 3: On opposite sides? Like where are the organs? That would be my question?
Speaker 1: And who gets to own it for the day, Like if he likes a girl today and he likes the girl tomorrow, they would have to literally make it agreement upon the organ, which is rough. Yeah, that would be awkward to have to discuss your sexual like at least chaining. And those guys had their own business, you know, like it's a little better. They did retire in their early twenties and like disappeared. They made a whole bunch of money and then that was all. And Mark Twain even mentioned these guys they were super famous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I felt I feel bad for them. I think this is probably the worst one I've seen so far as far as twins go.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get even more interesting when we get to the other sets of twins that are coming up next on your list. But I think, let me see which ones else I have of just the regular Yep, that's it, except this one. This is much like the Tochi twins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this one, this one would be awful as well, because it's like one chest cavity. So there's there's two nipples. There's two arms, but there's two heads that are growing literally out of the shoulder blades and one weird arm, very deformed extra hand.
Speaker 1: It's like two hands fused together.
Speaker 3: This kind of goes along with the next kind of twins too. I've got that creeps.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. All right, so let's see. I know you had some on Radica, so I've got some pictures for them. They're actually soup. I mean, they're all super cute, but yeah, this is them when they get a little bit older. So and Duda Duty, for sure, I would go buy Ika or anything else. Don't call me duty. Yikes.
Speaker 3: So it the I didn't have much information on them other than that they were conjoined and they were from India, so they were exhibited all over Europe and America. But I've honestly never.
Speaker 1: Heard of them. No, I haven't heard of them either.
Speaker 3: They're attached to the stomach as well.
Speaker 1: Some great photo. I mean, at least we can see exactly like changin Ing. I don't think they were pretty private. I don't think they liked to show, but this one they did, so that was kind of cool. But I mean, I wonder nowadays if they could have separated these two. It almost looks like they could have, but depending on the heart structure, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: So these two are joined at the stomach, but they the rest of them is normal. They have you know, they both have their their arms and their legs, they have their heads and stuff. It just looks like they're joined at the stomach, like below the breast line.
Speaker 1: They were sold, which is sad. They were sold to the circus.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it does not surprise me in the least. But and I imagine like and I can't remember. I think it was the Dwarf episode I think where there was somebody sold to the circus at like five years old.
Speaker 1: Wow, their mom at least looks like she went with them. And again these guys died of tuberculosis. Weird, a lot of TV going on up in there, living in close quarters. I guess.
Speaker 4: Right here we go, Wow, this is the worst, Like, I can't these these are rather have Okay, one that talks and is all up in your ship or this ship.
Speaker 3: I think I would rather have a could join twin. So the pictures that we're gonna get into now they might upset some people. These are called right, these are called parasitic twins. And these are different fricking joined twins, because this is when one twin is incompletely absorbed into another, leaving extra body arts on the twin that survived.
Speaker 1: And so this must be Laluyah.
Speaker 3: And he was looks like he was from India, but he had a parasitic twin attached to his chest with fully formed arms and legs but no head. He was a super famous Barnum attraction because of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it comes insane.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to tell you from my view what this looks like for people who are not watching this. But it looks like, okay, the the regular man is standing, and it looks like somebody jumped through his body and bent over put it his face down toward his junk, right, And so you've got the butt facing up toward the head. You've got are those legs or arms?
Speaker 1: There's legs and arms, So the arms are first or the legs are first.
Speaker 3: Yes, the arms are coming out of this person's stomach as well, and it looks like they're trying to grab the butt. And then the legs are wrapped around the person's hips, so it literally looks like somebody jumped through this person.
Speaker 1: Like this one shows this is him as well, when he's younger. So this is like a better because then the legs were it was different. So I think the legs are hanging down in the arms are first. Yeah, goodness, poor baby, I can't these are all him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: The twin grows as he grows, like, look at the leg of the thing attached to him. They get bigger as he gets bigger. Look that is bananas to me.
Speaker 3: I've never in all of my years actually seen anybody with us.
Speaker 1: No I'm not either, But guess what it happens kind of Oh she should have been another one. It happens kind of a lot. Check this out.
Speaker 3: So this is Franklin Tini. He was pretty famous. He was the three legged man. He was born with the third leg from a partially formed twin.
Speaker 1: Fourth league.
Speaker 3: Toes, Yeah, it does look like a fourth leg, it says extra toes. I think that might be so is that what's hanging out of the knee.
Speaker 1: I think they're toes. I don't know. It's so weird. It's so weird.
Speaker 3: I kind of like this guy's sense of humor though, because every time they would interview this guy, he always joked and liked to say that he always has a spare.
Speaker 1: Oh, I wonder if he had any other parts we can't see, like a hand or you know, like any I don't know.
Speaker 3: This is weird. So he's got his normal legs right, and then out of his right hip is a whole nother leg that's shorter, and so like he's standing posing for a picture. They had to put a box next to him so that he could bend his knee and put that other shorter leg up on the box.
Speaker 1: Weird, It's it's just crazy to me that like the division of human beings can actually go so awry. Mm hmm. It's wild. And he lived till he was seventy seven, by the way, so he stayed. He stayed with it. Man, this one's worse.
Speaker 3: Oh, this one, this one would be terrible.
Speaker 1: That's worse.
Speaker 3: So is this Jeane.
Speaker 1: Let me look, I gotta make sure. But she's the four legged woman. I can't imagine, Like I also, I know, I'm morbid, engrossed.
Speaker 3: Ye that is It's She's a French performer with parasitic twins legs attached to the pelvis, so she has her regular two legs and then it looks like coming out of her hooter monkey business, she has a second pair of legs that are shorter, that are in between her normal legs.
Speaker 1: It's so strange, and I'm just like, okay, I have questions. Right, this would be this concouters.
Speaker 3: This would be an interesting Halloween costume.
Speaker 1: We're going to Hell.
Speaker 3: And I say that it looks like a shorter person was swallowed up.
Speaker 1: With no head. Yeah. Yeah, it's so crazy. And I'm like, Okay, I want to know exactly what else, Like what does she have? It looks like to me she could possibly have two you know what I'm saying, like two businesses. I don't know. I don't know. And the oh she did, Oh my gosh, I found it. In addition to her duplicate pelvises and legs, she also had two separate fully bank functional but Jayj's holy shit, she could be pregnant twice at the same time that emversize the uber and.
Speaker 3: Whoa I feel And the spread between her normal legs is wide. And that's why I said this is it literally looked like something that sucked up in between because those other legs are just like shorter and dangling.
Speaker 1: And she had one baby from one uterus and three babies to the other uterus, and then I think one didn't make it so and she married her doctor way to go talk interesting double vaginas, and he was like, I'm into it.
Speaker 3: It's never in the hours of fun.
Speaker 1: She's not in the mood in one. Maybe the other one wants to who knows?
Speaker 3: We are so inappropriate.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, you guys, look, tell me you don't have the same question.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, though, that the things that we think about from the nursing standpoint or whatever it leaves it does well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm like, that's kind of badass. But also, she has two periods. Can you imagine?
Speaker 3: Oh god, no, lord pass, I will pass on four legs if that's what that means.
Speaker 1: But you know that doctor was like, so you don't say you get too huh. Oh, my gosh, found her husband. She did found her husband.
Speaker 3: She I wonder what the age difference was between.
Speaker 1: Let's see, I'm gonna look it up because it just says doctor so and so says, let's see married doctor James Clinton Bicknell at age nineteen and so. It doesn't say how old he was, but if he was a doc, let's be real eight years at least, don't yea. So that's wild to me. But I just think that the full horror, the sheer horror of knowing you could be like four months pregnant and like two months pregnant in your uteruses and also women sometimes have two uteruses and this can happen like without this whole twin business. But it's bananas to me to be like, you could be pregnant and have your period at the same time. Yeah. No, m m oh, what is enough? Probable?
Speaker 3: One and done?
Speaker 1: I will pass on the tail. No things, uh uh. I think that's in in your notes next, I hope, so tell me. If not, No, what.
Speaker 3: I have next is these are other ways I still have. Sorry inside shows.
Speaker 1: Okay, I do have to show this. Okay, this is the photo. Listen to me, people, You're not gonna like this if you get queasy or whatever. Easy, so just listen up because these are still the conjoined twins and and it it's weird. So these are the couple extras that I have. This is a non functional basically head stuck to this kid, okay, with one arm, with one arm, and it's not from.
Speaker 3: Part of a shoulder coming out coming out the other infant's side.
Speaker 1: And then this is the one that I knew my f people up a little. So this is kind of like the guy we saw right the other guy with the legs attached to him. But also this baby had external bowels and so bananas.
Speaker 3: Organs outside of the body and so on this on this baby, they've got upper limb. It says parasite, so they have an extra limb that grew like out of the chest and is wrapping around the shoulder of the baby they have. It's called lower limb and upper limb parasite. So same thing, same thing where the hip the leg ankle is growing out of the chest or stomach region wrapping around the baby's side. There's external genitalia, so there's a penis growing out of the stomach area as well. The umbilical cord is exposed, the bowel is exposed completely, and then there's another external genitalia, which I'm just gonna say for a baby, that one looks.
Speaker 1: He's got a big and also he has two so that's fascinating, but also really screwed up that his bowels are like and you can be born like that. In general, this one they're missing something.
Speaker 3: So this one is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: I'm going to explain this the best way I can. This is going to be graphic. However, follow me here if you have ever seen a two headed dil do right. The babies are look like they're scissoring each other. So there's a head and arms at both ends, and then it looks like there is another set of twins growing out of the middle.
Speaker 1: Of this, which is their legs, and they're couterer.
Speaker 3: Dildo and there's on legs on both sides of their abdomen and.
Speaker 1: No butt clearly because they've got a stomach, no bananas. I think this one might have a butt because it has a crotch.
Speaker 3: But this one they have an awesome to ma bag there and so.
Speaker 1: But this one might have a bum and this one might have a not So this.
Speaker 3: Looks like it was a set of four.
Speaker 1: That something shit got weird.
Speaker 3: Drastically went wrong.
Speaker 1: So these are his legs, and are her legs, and these are her legs. But the crotch is like sideways because it didn't have anywhere to go. And then there is no crotch or but on this side. So bananas. And I put that in there because I know you're going to that one girl and.
Speaker 3: That baby actually looked like some kind of like spider, like a spider.
Speaker 1: Yes. And in India, if you have babies, which we're going to get to because I got that picture of that girl, if you have a baby like this, they love it because of that goddess they worship with all the legs, which is bananas.
Speaker 3: This one, this one is very, very.
Speaker 1: So disturbing. Yeah, this one.
Speaker 3: Has a head up top, has shoulders and arms, but there's another set of arms also coming out of the shoulders. And then there are two different bodies coming out of the chest or stomach to the sides. They're both boys. What is the thing hanging down in the middle.
Speaker 1: I think it's maybe their belly button and bow. I think it's a little bit. I don't even I don't know. Maybe if that's a piece of bowl that didn't make it or the belly. It's got a clamp on it, so I'm guessing belly button.
Speaker 3: Very very strange. But yeah, this is like a baby with four sets of arms and our four arms and two different sets of legs.
Speaker 1: It's bananas. It's just almost yeah, it's almost unreal. WHOA, I guess my computer to do something crazy. There we go. You guys don't need another news for the day. Hello. And then this one is really revered and that's because Durga representing power and protection, and Collie are both shown with extra limbs and so in India it's like a big deal that she was born.
Speaker 3: So mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's got an arm, one leg too late, I don't know anx an extra leg and one extra arm.
Speaker 3: So it looks like her body is uber contorted because she's got her two normal arms. And then it looks like another set of legs coming out of her side, out of her right side, and then she has another leg on the left.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 3: It looks like a hand possibly that's locked fingers, and I don't know what that other part is.
Speaker 1: It's like a part of a spine sort of. But I guess this is born to an Indian woman in twenty two thousand and five, and I got another picture where it does definitely show she has two sets of legs, so or I don't know, it says yeah, but I guess they finally fixed her eventually, and it took thirty dogs.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say that would take a long, long, long time and lots of surgeries to be able to correct all the deformed Her ankle bones again are very deformed, and so the foot curves like inward upward the limb difference, they're shorter, one shorter than the other one, and then it looks like an arm with claws at the end. So that's next to the set of legs.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's just I mean, at least they were able to separate, because I mean, there's blood supplies on this particular girl, just to give an example, going to this parasitic body from her aorda. So we're not talking about a small vein here, right, We're talking about serious business like your aorda. I mean yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would think they would be very dangerous, very very rescue risky, risky surgeries to perform because of that.
Speaker 1: Her hips. Now, I should have included a picture afterward but her hips are really really weird. Now she does look normal, but her hips spread is like twice that of a normal human because of look at where her legs are and then that whole girlth in between, so she looks like a little child and then has these huge chips. So but better than that, better than that business. Yeah, I'll take it.
Speaker 3: She's a cute little girl too, I know.
Speaker 1: Luckily they were able to fix it up, and it looks like she was pretty young by the time they did. She only looks about five years old or so, so that's good, Thank heavens.
Speaker 3: Woh, that one foot looks bloody, I know.
Speaker 1: And there's something going on here, so I don't know what's happening there, but maybe she's at the doctors. I don't know what you got next on the list there?
Speaker 3: And all I have polyph Okay, somebody with two heads. Okay, so this is very rare in humans, but it's more commonly seen in animals, and so animals were actually added to the side show because of the polycephaly.
Speaker 1: This is the closest I got that.
Speaker 3: Well, that one does have two heads, but yeah, it's not the same. So the next thing I have is ectopia or skeletal fusion. So some acts had fuse lower bodies or shared pelvic structures, often presented as mermaids or fish children.
Speaker 1: So that was this one. Yep, yeah, which is sad, hope. Most of them had arms that this poor baby.
Speaker 3: So the next thing we talked about or is polymeilia, and we actually covered this I think it was on the first one extra her arms or legs often underdeveloped, seen in a handful of humans.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 3: Cyroh and omelia. That was the mermaid syndrome, so we covered that on episode one, where the legs are fused together at birth and it looks like a tail and.
Speaker 1: The human pretzel thing. I didn't know where to put this picture, so I'm just gonna show you, guys, but this one is a severe case of this is how he's stuck. His head doesn't come up. He's a He actually does inspirational speaking and so that's nice and good too, but like good for.
Speaker 3: Him because I can't imagine having this condition. So this is a guy looks like he's nailing on the ground, as you know, legs are behind him like normal, his arms are contracted up to his chest, and his head is literally hyper extended backwards and it is on his back, yes, so his neck is over.
Speaker 1: It's almost scary. Yeah, it's a little bit scary, you know when you I mean, if you just saw it, you would be afraid, you know.
Speaker 3: So because this is not I've never seen anybody with us either.
Speaker 1: M m. I put it in there because it was with a skeletal disorder. But I didn't know what to do with that one.
Speaker 3: So so the next thing I have is macrodactyle, and it's a rare congenital condition characterized by abnormal overgrowth of one or more fingers or toes. It involves all the tissues, including the bone, the fat that nerves the skin, and it says it is rare and sporadic, which means it literally just happens, they don't know why. Not typically associated with any kind of illness or anything like that, but can affect hand or foot function if untreated.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I didn't get a picture of that one. That one's crazy.
Speaker 3: So that is very interesting.
Speaker 1: Pin pins, if you got those. That's the last of the photos I have, is the pinned heads. I think you are towards the end. Mhmm. I don't know. You're like, where they went.
Speaker 3: There's so much, there's so many.
Speaker 1: This one was really big.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, well I can't find it at the moment.
Speaker 1: So do you want to talk about this? The Pinheads? I mean, people people know this is you know, kind of been a big, a big thing, I guess in American horror story and whatnot. You know, lately they they've kind of gone off on the pinhead people. They usually do have a lower IQ, which is sad. And they were definitely exploited. There's multiple ones that were exploited. And I don't even know if they were truly twins. I think they may have just made them said that, right, yeah, so uh, but it's a real thing, and it seems like it always affects. Uh this is Pip and Flip snow, So maybe they really were. And I mean it's something that continues to be, like I said, in horror stories and stuff. But it's where you have microcephaly. Your head is abnormally small and it is a genetic mutation. Infections during pregnancy aka zeca virus and toxoplasmosis, radiation and other unknown causes cause this. So it causes the intellectual disabilities and seizures. I mean, because it would put pressure on your brain, you know.
Speaker 3: Well, and it looks like the head is misshaped and kind of like instead of like being more around, they're very like oval shaped.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah. And I don't know why their hair doesn't grow, but all of them have the same hair growth. So for whatever reason, I have no idea why that happens, but it it seems to be a thing because all of them have the same hairdoo like.
Speaker 3: All of them like well, and I know that Pip and Flip we're in that American horror story freak show series.
Speaker 1: They were marketed on there, so oh that went crazy And this guy was really famous for I think you mentioned him specifically when we find it, but I know his name was mentioned specifically because I looked it up. But anyway, yeah, I don't know, I still can't. That's him well done. They they obviously toured. I mean, they would have to have people take care of them a lot of times. He looks like he's maybe more functional.
Speaker 3: Just is it zip the what is it? Yes, William Henry Johnson. Yeah, I had microcephale and skeletal thickness. And his stage name was zip the pin head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, and so he seems a little more functional. And this other one that I showed was Skitzy. That's this one's name, Skitzy, And yeah, that would piss me off. It's not a very nice name. But no, or Schlitzy. Maybe it's Schlitzy the way they name it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Schlitzy was also part of freak show series.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. And so this one also you know, neurodevelopmental disorders, brain and skull. So these people the only thing that I have a problem with the pinheads touring. This is where I do say, Okay, it's fine if freak shows want to do freak shows, not with these guys. She has the intellect of a three year old, so unless her family goes with or she has a guardian that's appointed for her, I don't agree on this particular one, just because it's not something that you know, you can choose yourself to be exploited. They're literally they're.
Speaker 3: Three, right, and they have childhood behavior because their brain is underdeveloped and small, so.
Speaker 1: And so the fact that they could be hurt, you know, just think of like a three year old. You wouldn't just send them off on their way. So yeah, So.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of other ones that are interesting. So we have fibro dysplasia osipa can's progress EVA and it's called stone man disease. So soft tissue gradually turns into bone uh and locks the joints and so uh, these people look like stone, which is uber strange.
Speaker 1: I've I've seen this one. I had an aunt that married a guy and it didn't happen until later. He didn't get it till like after they had kids and after and he started turning to stone, like literal and it was horrible and like digits would break off.
Speaker 3: And I can imagine like how because it's it's just soft tissue that's turning into bone, so like your skin looks bony and stuff. That's very strange.
Speaker 1: And it was super painful. And he was the nicest person. So that's tow.
Speaker 3: So this one is called cleodocranial dystosis, and it's missing collar bones. Shoulders could be brought together in front of the chest and so like your shoulders would come all the way across like your breastbone. And so that's who that would be something else.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: They also not only like had these people in side shows, but they often had him do this like on the street corners or whatever, because it was considered a side show trick. So a lot of things that we talked about as far as disfigurement and stuff like that we did on other episodes. And so we talked about a chondro, a chondro dyspleasia, which is the classic dwarfism. We talked about uh ectrodactyle, which was the lobster call. So other muscle and connective tissue disorders that we also talked about was the Eeler's Dammos contractor syndrome, which is different for the arthrogrypsosis because these are where muscles or connective tissue lock joints into bent positions and they cannot straighten them out. I have seen people with contractors of the hand before. If you watch late night TV dupertures contractors on there. They have a commercial on there where the hands are like the fingers are contracted down into the palm. So I have seen a lot of people with a lot of very strange contracture stuff. Also polio survivors because they often had limb atrophy, Scolios's twisted postures, so they were marketed and put in sideshows as crippled wonders. So that's not very nice. But we have growth and symmetry disorders, so hemi hyperplasia is one side of the body grows larger than the other. We talked about that earlier.
Speaker 1: Kind of with the shoulder, think of the shoulders.
Speaker 3: And so it's like one side of the body is much bigger than the other side of the body. You can have like bigger muscles and stuff on one side. The bones are bigger on that side. It's very strange.
Speaker 1: I think you might have used to do the I'm a man woman when those people.
Speaker 3: Have that yes, one hundred percent, yep, one hundred percent, and that was famous not just inside shows but also on Late nine TV stuff. This is growth and oh, proteus syndrome, which we already talked about on the previous episode with Joseph Merrick, which was the Elephant Man. They believed that he had proteus syndrome along with neurofibromatosis and scoliosis, so he had a whole list of things going on. There's micromelia, which is abnormally short arms and legs, and this is a very just thing from other types of dwarf. For them, it's like you ever seen like the weird animals that they've been breeding that, like the cats that have the eaty teeny legs and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, so that's what.
Speaker 3: Micromelia is like. So then we have congenital skeletal fusions and that's syndactyly, which is fused fingers or toes. Sometimes the whole hands and feet could be that way and also be wibbed, so they look like duck feet. Oh wow. Sacral a genesis which we talked about briefly earlier. It's or it's also called Coudle regression syndrome, and it means missing or malformed lower spine and pelvis uh, sometimes leading to the half body performers like Johnny Et that we saw earlier, which was the half boy. Yes, yeah, that's he's the one that had that. And so when you don't have that, obviously you also don't have very good flection in your spine because you don't have that ability. They also classify spina biffity with deformity, and this as well occasionally produced visible curvatures, club foot and complete lower body development.
Speaker 1: And the spina biffita is sad. Yeah, that one. I didn't do pictures for some of it. Well, first of all, there's so many, but second of all, I think most people know what spina bifitted it is. But like if they hadn't gone forward with the things they know how to treat nowadays, oh my gosh. Like back then, I just it was a direct death sentence because absolutely infection straight to the spinal cord. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've only had one spine a bit for a patient in my life, so hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it says that when they were marketed as living skeleton performers in the sideshows, it didn't mean they always had mar fans or osteogenesis imperfecta. Sometimes, like I said earlier, they had tuberculosis, which Heidi mentioned a lot of these performers actually died of tuberculosis. They also had cancer, so they had muscle astrophe, atrophy, wasting, syndrome, the whole nine yards, anorexia, and so that seems to be a problem still nowadays with anorexia, not just in other countries but in the teen population. Or intocrine disorders can also cause this. So when you're everything that you produce from your pituitary gland, your thyroid, all of that stuff can actually cause uh, the muscle wasting, the bone wasting, joint deformities, all of those kind of things as well. So they often were called bones of glass or starving marbles.
Speaker 1: Isn't that sad? Well? And back at the day, like fixing that is not not like now.
Speaker 3: No, And I can't imagine like a lot of the like treatments that were necessary because healthcare back then was not what they are now.
Speaker 1: They put some on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what the here's the magic post magical water?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like.
Speaker 3: It's a tonic. Yes, So I can't imagine like the care or that doctors would be trained enough to Number one dyke notes these people or number two.
Speaker 1: Know what to do, how to train just marry them. They just married him, you know. No, that was and.
Speaker 3: Had fun in the two day days.
Speaker 1: I'm the worst. Yeah, but no, really honestly, like think about it, back then, they really didn't know what the hell to do with this. They're just like carry your half dead twin around like or freaking enjoy your seventh finger, webbed up crap, like what I can't imagine like nowadays, you pretty much know if something happens like that. Even the spider girl that had like eight supposedly eight legs, they fixed her, Like we're fixing stuff. Now, we're fixing shit.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and so even like even like minimally invasive stuff, you know, or or basic stuff like braces and whatever, I can't imagine that the treatments would have been that beneficial.
Speaker 1: Then no, probably not helpful and or probably hurtful. I was like, yeah, wooh, abbey, guys, it's heavy. That's it's a.
Speaker 3: Crazy business out there.
Speaker 1: And join twins are just fascinating. I mean, there's so many of them, you know. They they had the two headed girl one that wasn't she's like a newer one like in the last I don't know, twenty years probably and they did separate them.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I don't remember who it was, but I remembered that they did separate one set of conjoined twins in my lifetime, one that I know.
Speaker 1: And you would kind of hate that girl because like one of them ended up with no arm and like she's kind of jacked up, but the other one's like, hey, I'm just fine now, Like I don't know, they seem okay about it, but shit, I'd be mad. I'd be like, you took my arm? Can I have passed that.
Speaker 3: Of her leg?
Speaker 1: No kidding? Like if she hits the arm, I get the leg. I don't know what do you know?
Speaker 3: When that was because I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: I was gonna throw her picture on here, but since she wasn't technically in the circus and stuff, I was like, well, but I should have just done it because it was fascinating, like hers come up right away like nineties. It was because I see them on Oprah, you know what. That's why I remember this, which is so funny. Okay, let me look. Let's see Siamese twin separated, and it's it's been like not that long ago, and it kind of looked like she wasn't going to be able to because she had a crazy head. Like they're like together, but the one girl, she looks great, so says telling their story eighteen years later. It happened on April nineteen ninety seven. And these twins are let me tell you their names if it will tell me their names. Uh, Caitlin Copperfield home, so must be Kitlyn Copperfield and like Emily, I think Emily and Caitlin. So they started school, like they've gone to college. Now they're like very pretty normal now, Like you wouldn't think it because they were the ones that were actually shocking. I should have thrown this one in when I seen it on Oprah. And now they look great, they really do. The one girl's missing an arm, but she still looks pretty freaking good. Like they look there's no weird like how the one girl they took off the weird stuff, but like she still has this abnormal it looks like bowed legs, like crazy. No, these girls look normal.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, that's that's literally the only one I can remember in my lifetime that I've ever heard of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, I remember them, and I remember thinking I just remember it because I was I was so startled. I think when I saw it back in the day, I was like, how does this even happen? Like how does this even work? Like I was just shocked, you know, like being I was younger, so I was like, ah, but yeah, yeah, they're fixed, so they can do some pretty amazing things nowadays. Like even those babies that had the same butt they were going in to be separated. So I think this just gets like taking care of more often now. And as far as a parasitic twin, Like, you know, there's that weird story. What the hell is that story where the guy had to live? It's a famous one with the tiny head in the back or something. Do you remember this creepy story? This is like I should have looked it up. This is like a creepy horror story. And the guy like had an evil twin in the back of his head, kind of like Voldemort. But thank you.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't that be fascinating?
Speaker 1: I am not serious enough for this. But anyways, this guy, he was a writer. People are gonna call me out on it, but this is like a core memory I have just of this creepy guy that had this supposedly weird twin and it was evil and he was not evil. I'm gonna find it. Why we talked.
Speaker 3: I think if I was, if I was gonna have like a twin thing, I honestly I'm not sure I might want to be a conjoined twin instead of a parasitic.
Speaker 1: Parasitic but the parasitic nowadays? Right, Oh, it's in the Stephen King novel The Dark Half. I knew I had this in my brain because I was like, where the hell did I hear this from? But I used to read somewhere. Oh and Edward Moore Drake. That's the one I'm talking about. So some searches also bring up nineteenth century legend of Edward Moore Drake, the man who was said to have a second evil face parasitic twin on the back of his head. Could you even ef you imagine? Okay? So, and they made this movie about it in twenty twenty one called Malignant, and it's it's like this myth of this evil but like, let's be real, nobody's making that shit up. That fucking happened. You cannot tell me that this more Drake guy didn't have something weird going on, because I don't think you would, literally, like, no, no. They even call him the man with two faces, and he called it his devil twin. And it's such a scary story, Janet. He's like, he makes me do evil things.
Speaker 3: Well, oh if I had, if I had a parasitic twin, it would probably be an evil twin. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, or are we evil twins? Oh no, no, it wouldn't be us.
Speaker 3: We're the fun twin.
Speaker 1: Dan, You're a fun one. And I'm just being silly because I do core remember that, and I can't remember where I heard it in English class, and I remember thinking, what the hell, Like that's terrifying, Like you just lift and I guess he like grew his hair over it and like so nobody would know. And then you just what one day your wife like goes to get you a hug and gets around your head your evil twins' mouth or something. I think it bites you. Yeah, could happen, gary as shit, But I mean weird, definitely weird. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what's impressive though about all these strange things is I don't think the incidents of these are very common anymore for anything that we've talked about.
Speaker 1: And then I wonder, like part of me is like because they were doing weird shit right, Like definitely on the people being born with no arms and stuff. If you guys research into that, A lot of times that's a drug problem, like not not doing drugs, like a medical medicine that caused the babies to not have that that one. They're smarter now they're like, oh, don't give that antibiotic. Which one? Is it a super toxic to pregnant women? I can't remember right now. A long legs the worst one, the worst one, and they gave all the time in the seventies and I can't remember. But they quit doing shit like that right, like they're like, stop that, and it's the one that they give for uh acne. You cannot have this if you're pregnant, and so girls, listen up. If you're antibiotic, yeah, it's like a really, it's really it's tetracycling. Tetracycling, and so that one will screw up kids. So listen girls, if you're out there messing around, you ain't perfect it up and you're on some of that for your acne. Watch yourself. But also you're probably not watching my show hopefully. I don't know why you would want to learn about this weird stuff, but yeah, I was a weird teenager whatever. Long story short, A wear club, right, and I worry, like are they killing them though? Like are they are the people? Like, uh, same as twins. Get it out of there, Like, I hope that's not the case, you.
Speaker 3: Know well, and that that's why like that fatal maternal screening that they offer you at so many weeks or whatever, those can have very false results.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know.
Speaker 3: But but again it's fair porn, it's fair pedling, and oh my god, where your child could be born with X, Y and Z, you better abort right now.
Speaker 1: Right that happened to my cousin his son. They said it was going to be some horrible thing, and all it was was where their soft spots close. And he I mean not to say that that's not serious. It's serious, okay, but but he's fine, Like he's smart and happy and healthy and handsome now and all the things that he's fine. See, I told you guys, I had blood. Hear all the shit that's going on in my family. Anyway, you were an experiment family. Oh my gosh. And I'm just thinking, like, I hope that people realize that because it wasn't nearly as serious as they made it out.
Speaker 3: Right right right, And we have a mutual person that we know that that they kept offering that screen and they kept turning it down, and they're like, oh, well, you really need to have it because with your history, you need to have this test done because chances are your baby's going to have the same thing that you have, which she has a limb difference and stuff, but she's her mom was using prescription medication that caused the birth effect.
Speaker 1: And highly unlikely.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, and it's not a genetic thing. It was damnage caused by medication.
Speaker 1: And I guess for the Siamese twins. I just looked it up. It did say the incidence of conjoined twins has remained relatively consistent over time, one in fifty thousand to one in one hundred thousand berths. So past prognosis, of course, was poor. Currently it's way better. But yeah, it makes you wonder, like.
Speaker 3: Well, I wonder if that's like common in other countries, right, yeah, and it's not so much here because I've never and I don't think you've ever seen it either.
Speaker 1: No, I've never, Nope. Just it's always just curious, like I mean, maybe I'm a nurse because this is real, my biology teacher, and look, I'm sure he's not alive anymore. But mister Childs, if you were out there, you made me a nurse because you had a baby in a jar and it was the weirdest shit. I was his ta and I was like supposed to organize all the shelves and I'm like going through do to doom. I'm cleaning it out because I've always been a little cleaner, and he's like, yeah, you're great at that. Go do that and get away from me. Like because he didn't like to talk. He was very quiet and stoic and everything. So I pull this shit out and there's these jars and he's like, don't break any of the jars. And I'm like, because there's a baby in there, you are crazy. Like I remember looking at it and it was just it was an accidental death. You could see the little cord wrapped around its snack and so it was born this way. But this baby was only like this big janet and it did make like a huge impact on my life. When people are like, it's not a baby yet, that baby was less than twelve weeks old. It had a dinger, it was a boy. Everything that they say is not supposed to already be there. I think it might have been thirteen weeks instead of twelve. Maybe it was mislabeled. I don't know, but I know this that was a human baby. Like you could tell it was a baby just look like it would fit, you know, in your little hand. But it was a perfect It's little fingers were and it used to make me so sad. This is so stupid that I'm telling this, but I used to look at it all the time and be like, I'm so sorry baby, like I don't know about it.
Speaker 3: Well, and it's not stupid that you said that, because it's I think it's those things that move us to do what we do.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, I guess, yeah, something like that, And.
Speaker 3: You don't have emotion. Nursing is absolute and right per mission.
Speaker 1: Be the librarian like, oh, I don't know what. That's fine. Not all of us are the same, but like that really did change my life, and it changed my life on ever getting rid of a baby, like if it had a problem, like I knew I never would And that's a personal decision. I'm not putting out there for to be like, oh, I'm so much better. I just knew for me that was my decision that I would not. So I never had those scans done because I was like, yeah, you can keep your stuff, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, And I don't say a point in it because if I know I would never harm the baby anyway, why does the test Yeah, yep, and they're very they're very very inaccurate anyway.
Speaker 1: So yeah, my daughter's even the little heart thing that she had in her little skin spots, and they're like, oh, she could have you should probably have extensive, you know, because they give you the basic screen and then they're like you should do this or not. And I'm like, no way, I'm not getting rid of her, like she's in there, that's where she belongs, like that, we're finishing this through. You know, the only time I think that it's really unfortunate on the laws that we have is two things is as a Christian. It's so hard for me to even say this, but like, if it isn't available, people hurt themselves, okay, And so I do think it should be an available choice for people. And I don't think they should outlaw it because it's it's terrifying to see what happens. And I have seen that and and I don't ever want to see that again. Okay, Right, people will harm themselves permanently forever trying to have an illegal abortion, and that's just wrong too, really and fair because this lady's body was literally keeping this baby alive and it didn't have any kidneys. Sorry, I cannot live without kidneys. Can't do a trend nothing, You can absolutely do. And I took care of her for four months. Why she was there because we had to tap her. He breathed it was gonna die, and it did. I was there when it was born. And I sometimes you're just like are you stupid? Utah, Like you know that this isn't viable, like you she's not killing anything. Well, you just let her be induced so she can have this misery end. But no, you're carrying it out till eight months. Like that's just wrong. Well sort of intervention. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And we had like a similar patient in our practice and her ob doctor the baby was deceased, but her ob doctor made her carry the full term and delivered knowing that the baby was deceased and had been for months. And he was like yeah, he's like, sorry, you have to you have to give birth.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's gonna think heavens they do allow if it is gone, they will allow it. But my grandmother carried a dead baby for two months because back then they didn't know she It was like when they had the horn to listen to the belly, you know, that was it, And so they didn't know. And she had r H and my grandpa was positive and she was negative and it actually did look it helped her in the end. That was her third full term miscall full term still birth, and you know the crossing of the blood because it almost killed her. She got blood poisoning. That can happen to that lady to this day, Like you can die, and so what is the point of that, Like, that's just unethical. That is unethical.
Speaker 3: And I thought about it from like the patient standpoint and not his standpoint, which we used to nickname him doctor Dith because he always did stuff like that, weird stuff. But it's like I can't imagine from the patient standpoint, like having to carry and still carry and full term carry of maybe that you know is deceased.
Speaker 1: No, that is mental torture. Yeah, it's awful, And I mean I get if you don't know, but nowadays we do know, and I've been there many times. This is why I don't work in labor and delivery anymore, because I can't. I can do a lot of things and not take it home. I'm I'm still affected, but like I can, I cannot take certain things home, but not babies that die. Right, it messes with me so bad, Like not just the nick you that's a different thing too, because then you're like, it's a fifty to fifty split, like your baby's here and we're gonna do everything. But if not, it did live, And like in my brain somewhere, I'm like, well maybe that was just I don't know, right, But being there when the mother comes in and doesn't feel fetal movement as Ellen diners for two years, that is the worst things I've ever had to do. And other than that lady that couldn't have her baby, that was killing her basically, And I just if they were so crass about it, like the women there, something is wrong with them, Like, I know, we joke, like we joke a little bit, but if it was real, Janet, and I came to you and said some real stuff like that, not about pictures, right, you wouldn't be that way. And these women put this baby in the box. This is like the word in a cardboard box. And then she said take this down stairs and I said, well where and she said to the morgue And I said, what's in there? And she said the baby that didn't have the kidneys And she said, because its name is what is the hell is that name? When you don't have kidneys, and people are naming their kids this Right now, I can't remember, but I'm going to look it up because it's so stupid. When I started hearing the name, I was like, for heaven's sakes, please know what you're naming your children, right, like Addison's disease. And so they're like, take baby Addison down and we're laughing, and I threw up, like and it wasn't about the baby. It wasn't about that at all. It was the disrespect and like the oh, I just lost my shit and I had to go home and I quit.
Speaker 3: I quit right after that because I couldn't have Yeah, I that is the one department that I worked in that I absolutely hated. Yep, that's not for me.
Speaker 1: I can't, Like, I couldn't sit there. And they're like, but you're so good with the demises. So they kept putting me with demises. And I was pregnant and so I was psychotic at this point, like going crazy. I think he had more fetal uh well just sounds than any baby on earth because I just did them to myself constantly because I was super crazy at this point now and I just couldn't. I was like does a husband go home and take the nursery down or doesn't he because does he even know what to do because he doesn't know what she's going to do? And then does she need it up because she needs to deal with that? Like I just I was so in my own head it was too much.
Speaker 3: Oh no, one hundred percent. And that's why, like I did not for a lot of reasons, I did not enjoy working there at all. Didn't like that, not one bit.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying all ellen D nurses are like that. Maybe that was just the group I was with.
Speaker 3: There's of them like that, but a lot of nurses in general are very cold, callous, crass. They don't have empathy for their patients. They don't have uh, empathy for coworkers or nurture nature, none of that stuff.
Speaker 1: No, no, definitely it's just bananas to me because I'm always like, why the hell are you here? Like, and especially in psych like there's psych nurses that do this to people, and I'm like, guess what, You're the biggest piece of shit I've ever known. Do you want to know why? Because you just made somebody's worst day of their life, the very worse ever had worse, like applaud yourself, you piece of shit like I and I am not quiet when this stuff happens.
Speaker 3: And I also not very liked so well, that's because we are the see something, say something type of people. We're not the type of people to sit back and allow injustice to happen.
Speaker 1: And it's not funny to me, And it's not funny in podcasting, it's not funny to me in any realm where people feel like they are so much better than somebody else, like you are not, you are not. Yeah, yep, we we should be there for our brothers and sisters. I'm not saying like you can be there for every person in the world, but I know that you can make a difference. And Janet does this. I know that she does because we talk about it. You know I do this. Like there's things that you can do. Yes, you can't save the world, but like there's got to be a piece in all of us that like tries to change things right, like a little bit.
Speaker 3: Or does does a good deed for somebody else, And and stop thinking about yourself, because imagine bringing it back to like the show, imagine having a family member or something with one of these skeletal issues, And are you the type of person that is gonna go behind them and talk behind their back and you know, talk about them in public and you know.
Speaker 1: Shame them and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: More, are you going to be the type of person that is selfless and giving and you're going to do whatever you can to help them?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, And so for that, I'm sorry I got on a soapbox, but it does disgust me. I just hope and pray that we can all get back to, you know, how, how we should be and and at some level we are all humanity, and we should be human, that's all well, and.
Speaker 3: We should provide a little bit of love and compassion and concern for other people instead of myself.
Speaker 1: I'm a goofball and make little stupid jokes like came it were real. If this was a person that needed help like now, I would be.
Speaker 3: There, you know, kinder person.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, But that's why we did this series and it was super important to me. And maybe it was created in my weird o brain in ninth grade because of a baby in a jar, But like I've always been fascinated with this little bit of a dark side.
Speaker 3: So a hundred percent and things that you may see like, oh, I've only seen like a handful of all of these things, like my entire life. So hopefully like shedding light on some of these things. If you hear our show and you see something like this out in public, reserve your judgment, control your facial features, because that person didn't choose to be that way.
Speaker 1: Be kind, be kind Yessa. You know that's just the best thing you can do in general. And we also have to work on it. I'm not saying I don't have to work on being kind. Sometimes it's really hard for me if they're if they're judging and nasty. Sometimes I like to be nasty, but in my heart I know I'm not supposed to be that way as well.
Speaker 3: So well, none of us are perfect. We're all a work in progress, right, striving for hopefully better things and being more godly. But some people are not.
Speaker 1: So Yes, so well, see something, say something, And we showed you some awesome things today to see so and.
Speaker 3: I want to say thank you for doing another episode with me. I love these episodes because we love the dark side of Sealth Care. There's so much to talk about and so many things to cover, and hopefully you will continue doing things with me because I quite enjoy these series and I love that you thought of this side show series because it's fantastic. Yes, So with that being said, thank you for that of my heart and where can people find you?
Speaker 1: Absolutely and for sure be looking out for more of these, Janet says, We've got enough that we can keep trailing through for quite a while. Keep your eyes peeled until you guys get sick of it. Let us know, let us know the comments. Also if you like it, or you could even do one up and go to Apple and leave us a five star review. That is where the best place is for you to do that to help us in the algorithm. I thank you so much, miss Janet. I am Heidi love of the Unfiltered Rice. I'm everywhere podcasts are served Unfiltered Rice podcast dot com. If you don't like podchasers, Spotify is going to get twice as many drops as probably anywhere. I think they get filtered out the same. But as far as YouTube, it's like once a week they've danked me. I'm not losing my channel there, so it's a little I'm not putting these on there.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you know, whatever we like out of here really quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to get tossed, So catch me there and miss Janet in case they haven't seen you before. Tell my listeners where they can find you.
Speaker 3: Okay. You can find Deplorable Nation podcast on every podcast platform. If you like the video versions, feel free to watch on Spotify or on Rubble. If you want to hit me up for a show, you have questions, comments, et cetera, et cetera. Deplorable Janet on Instagram and no Janet, Kate and Ow on Twitter. So thanks guys for me and for my beautiful bestie. Thanks for tuning in and we'll see you next time. Have a great day.