Speaker 1: And this episode is cool?
Speaker 2: Decide him?
Speaker 3: What's up? Guys, Welcome to season three, episode thirty seven of Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right.
Speaker 2: To you, guys? It sure does.
Speaker 3: Awesome. Let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 4: The Bluey Podcast dot com.
Speaker 3: Our email address.
Speaker 4: Blue Podcast at gmail dot.
Speaker 3: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamps so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for. And you'll also find a couple of links so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free. It's just one dollar a month. There's a link for Spotify, and there's a link for every other platform. And a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 2: They sure are. Thank you.
Speaker 3: So much.
Speaker 2: Guys, we really appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Henry. Speaking of people who are awesome, what should we do next?
Speaker 4: The Helouts?
Speaker 3: Okay, listen up.
Speaker 1: Everyone has to clap and go whoa yeah, all right, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Got Itay?
Speaker 3: Before we start with the hell Outs, I just want to say thank you to everybody who sent us congratulations messages and even more favorite moments. After our one hundred and fiftieth episode celebration. We have some excellent, excellent moments from the podcast that people picked and we are going to keep those for our next big celebration episode that will happen sometime in the future, maybe to celebrate two hundred episodes. Who knows that would be awesome. Let's start on Spotify. We heard from someone whose username is in the Long Run Melody, Alice, Alex Grant, Harper, Skippy, Isabelle Muffin and Socks bat Otter, Jillian, our friend Daisy, somebody whose user name is Belly Giraffe one hundred million Cats, Puppy one two three four, Emily Hennessy, Anica and Cooper Sarah our friends at the Rogue Rebels Podcast, An Awesome, Awesome Star Wars podcast, darsh Esther, Star Wars eleven, Jolie Draven, Gabby or is it Gaby Aara? Somebody whose use her name is Kaa, somebody whose use her name is b Ka t something something, Pink, Yoshi, La La Loopy, Lindsey, Sergey or is it Sergey? Sarah and Susan On Facebook. We got a message from Dave.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 3: Dave, Hi, Dave. We got some email. We heard from Emma, and we got a voicemail from Hannah.
Speaker 5: My name is Hannah. I am six years old and I like your podcast and I like Stella, Amanda Avic and Henry Bye.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for sending us a voice message. It was really great to hear from you, and I'm glad that you like all of us here the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you so much. We also got a voice message from Rory and.
Speaker 6: Phoenix Hi, Dinner with the Healers. My name is Rory and this is my sister Phoenix. Hi, and my favorite moment is when Henry says that what they were doing at the beginning was dancing on a blue screen, and Phoenix's favorite moment is Okay, she doesn't remember, so I guess in our next voice she can tell you bye. I don't know what she said, but I think it meant bye, okay bye for real.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for sending us a voice message. It was great to hear from you guys. Henry, do you remember saying that part?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember when I said it Dad. He would always use it as a joke, so I thought it would be funny if I said on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was pretty good. I do, guys, behind the scenes, when we're sitting here, I always say so. In this episode, they're all dancing, and then I hear a lot of this, which is that's probably fair. We got an email from Aubrey, Alana, Jonah, and Zoe. We want to wish a big, happy belated birthday to Evelyn. Happy birthday, Evelyn. We hope it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday, Evelyn.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday, Happy Birthday.
Speaker 3: We got an email from AUBREYO congratulating us on one and fifty episodes, and we also got an email from Alice. Oh my gosh, thank you guys so so much for all of the messages and the kind words and the five star reviews. We could not do this without you, guys. The fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys are awesome. And we love, love love hearing from you all, so thank you so much for all the messages. You guys are just fantastic.
Speaker 3: Well, guys, we just got done watching The Decider.
Speaker 7: Welcome back to The Decider.
Speaker 3: It is win at Tit to nine, Stella. Could you tell us what is going on? At the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 4: Bandit, Bluie and Bingo are getting ready to watch a sports game and Pat, Lucky and Chucky come over to watch it.
Speaker 3: With them exactly and do you remember what is this particular match called, Stella?
Speaker 4: The Decider?
Speaker 3: Very good? Now, where is Chili? Chili is at the game right because Frisky got tickets, Henry. What sport are they playing?
Speaker 4: They're playing rugby.
Speaker 3: And the Decider. Some of my friends from Australia had to tell me how this worked because I didn't know. I don't know very much about rugby, but the Decider. This is called the State of Origin match and it is like All Star Baseball where it's players from different teams come together to represent their state. And you have the New South Wales Blues and the Queensland Maroons. Where do the healers live? What state are they in? Do you guys know Queensland. Very good because they live in Brisbane, right, which is in Queensland? Yes, awesome? Now what color is Queensland Maroon? Oh yeah, comrade again maroon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like that.
Speaker 3: Henry Bingo says that she gets to stay up late to watch. Why is she gonna stay up so late?
Speaker 4: Bingo's gonna stay up so late because Chili's gonna try to wave at her well if the camera is on.
Speaker 3: Her, right, if she shows up on camera during the game, She's gonna wave at Bingo, and Bingo's positive that Chili's gonna be able to do that, but Bandit says, I'm sure she'll try her best. Amanda, where is Pat's wife Janelle?
Speaker 2: Janelle is at home because she is rooting for the opposite team of the Maroons. She is rooting for the Blue because they are from where she grew up.
Speaker 3: That's right, she's rooting for the Blues, so she's from New South Wales. Blue asked Chucky, which is Lucky's little brother, what team he's on? Stella? What did Chucky tell Bluie?
Speaker 4: He said that he couldn't really decide what team he wanted since his dad was on one team and his mom was on the other but he also said that his parents said he could pick whichever team he wanted.
Speaker 3: All the kids are excited for one of the teams to score because of what.
Speaker 2: Amanda, because that's when the grown ups dance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Queensland makes it into the end zone, or at least that's what we call it in football. Maybe it's called something else. But what happens, Amanda.
Speaker 2: They thought that the Maroon team scored, but the ref said that it was no good.
Speaker 3: Yep, no try. And Janelle has some words to say about that.
Speaker 1: There you go, no try, no try.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 7: Watch you all the chicks, Henry.
Speaker 3: As the game goes on, who gets.
Speaker 4: In the lead the Blues?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And who is happy about that?
Speaker 4: Janelle?
Speaker 3: And since Janelle's happy, Chucky is happy. He likes seeing his mom happy. What do Chucky and Bluie decide to do? Henry?
Speaker 4: They decide to go over to Janelle so then they could watch the game with her.
Speaker 3: Right, do you remember why they wanted.
Speaker 4: To because there's more dancing.
Speaker 3: Right, The Blues are scoring more often and Janelle is dancing to celebrate. Janelle's not one hundred percent sure what to do with blue being there?
Speaker 1: Can we watch the game with you?
Speaker 4: It's more dancing well, Fluey, I wouldn't normally be happy with the marine supporter, but I'll allow it.
Speaker 3: Stella. What happens next?
Speaker 4: The Blue team starts yelling across the yard at the Maroon team.
Speaker 5: Why Bluey, what do you think you're doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They are being salty with each other. Queensland scores and it's halftime. We see Bingo. She hasn't gotten waived at by mom yet and what's going on with her? Stella?
Speaker 4: She's trying to fall asleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's so sleepy, she's covered up on the floor. Chucky is really struggling on what team he wants to root for. Amanda, what did he say?
Speaker 2: He said that when the blue team scores, it makes mom happy, but when the Maroon team scores, it makes dad the happy. And when one parent is happy, the other one is sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is a tough spot to be in. And he doesn't know what he's gonna do. Chucky is trying to decide and his mom asks him who is he gonna watch with Henry? Do you remember what Janelle called Chucky chuckles? Yeah? Well, Lucky says that Chucky has to choose a.
Speaker 2: Chuckle, Who's he gonna keep watching a bit with me and a bit with your dad?
Speaker 1: No, he has to choose one side. Why because you can't keep changing.
Speaker 3: He can if he wants to, Lucky, But that's not fair. You do whatever you want, sweetheart, Stella. What does Janelle say when Chucky decides to go with the Maroons?
Speaker 4: She tells him good luck, but not too much, but you can tell that she's clearly upset.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she is sad, Amanda. How does the game go?
Speaker 2: Well? Unfortunately for Janelle, the Blue team lost in the Maroon team won, and we see after the game is over, Janelle turns off the TV and turns off the lights and is heading out of the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chucky sees his mom being sad and it really makes him feel bad. And while Queensland is celebrating and living it up. What happens on the tv? Amanda?
Speaker 2: We see the camera at the game feature Trixie frisky, and there's Mom and Bingo wakes up just in time to see Mom wave and she gives her a little wave back before closing her eyes again and going back to sleep.
Speaker 3: Oh it wasn't that cute.
Speaker 2: She was so tired, Henry.
Speaker 3: What happens after that?
Speaker 4: It's a whole different day and there's a new match between two different teams.
Speaker 3: And Chucky is super excited. And why is that?
Speaker 4: Because there's a gold team and all of them are on it.
Speaker 3: Yet both of his parents and Blooie and Bengo and the whole Healer family.
Speaker 4: What are those ding dongs doing out there?
Speaker 3: Guys? If you hear what sounds like a herd of ponies running around, our dogs are upstairs going bonkers.
Speaker 2: It sounds like.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy for Chucky, But I'm also super happy for Janelle at this point, because I bet that was really tough for her to be by herself over there.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it was to.
Speaker 3: Not only see her team lose, but to be alone like that. Everybody's excited that they're all on the Gold team except you and Mit McKenzie.
Speaker 1: You got that, Gunny.
Speaker 4: We gotta.
Speaker 3: Mackenzie's family. They're rooting for the Kiwi's and boy, oh boy, these people are salty, salty sports fans. Stella, do you get like that about sports? No, your main sport is chess, right, Yeah, Whenever you're at a chess match. Do you always hope that you'll look over and see mom over there on the side of the room when you're doing a match and she's going, yeah.
Speaker 8: Stella, No, because number one, that'd be really distracting, and number two, you guys will probably get asked to leave.
Speaker 3: That would be pretty funny.
Speaker 4: Though you have to be quite chess. The chess players know the chess players must concentrate, of course.
Speaker 3: I think that would be impossible. And that was the episode, Henry, Did we miss anything?
Speaker 4: Actually we did forget something. We forgot to mention how happy they were when the pizza arrived at the Healer's house during halftime.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they were really stoked on that, weren't they.
Speaker 4: You know what, I think we should get some pizza now.
Speaker 3: Maybe we should. Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 2: Did we learn anything today, Amanda?
Speaker 3: Could you tell us what were we supposed to learn today?
Speaker 2: I think what we were supposed to learn is that it's important for us to be supportive of each other and our families. Even though Pat and Janelle were rooting for different teams, they for the most part were being pretty kind with each other about whose team was better and everything. But we see at the end of the episode, they're all rooting for the same team, and it seems to make every happier. So I think we need to be respectful of each other's feelings and come together and support each other.
Speaker 3: What about you, Stella, do you have anything?
Speaker 4: I actually don't. Henry same here, I don't have anything.
Speaker 3: This is a tricky one and I think there are a lot of layers to this that we could look at. There's a lot of comparisons you could make to things that families might go through, not just sports where mom and dad are on opposite sides of an issue, for example, in the case of divorce or something like that, where the kids are in the middle. And Pat and Janelle did a good job of not forcing their kids to take one side or the other. And that was tough though, because like an other circumstances, both boys see their parents feeling sad when the other one is happy and vice versa. So them trying to find their way through that was really tough. And that can be the same with lots of things, whether it's religion or politics or anything else. Those kinds of things can be very dividing amongst families or groups of friends. And that sort of thing, and when it stops being good natured and can move toward being mean, that's when things can really get out of hand, and in this particular instance, they did a good job of navigating that. And the tough thing though for Janelle is that the teams are at such odds with each other that they couldn't even watch the game in the same house. They're watching the same game, but they had to stay separate because they couldn't bear seeing somebody else root for the opposite team. So it's tricky to find a spot for the kids to feel safe, and when it looks like they have to choose between their parents.
Speaker 2: That's very well put. It was hard for me to describe what I thought the lesson was, and that's yeah, you nailed it, and I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to put too much onto it. Some of that kid is pretty heavy, but I think that it was a really cool way to deal with those types of issues in a format like this. And for parents, when you're talking to your young kids, being able to relate to them at a level like this, there's a real fine line to walk and it can be tricky, and I think the show handled it with a lot of grace, and I think the characters did as well. But boy, it sure did make me happy to see them all together absolutely at the end, and it was nice to see the good natured ribbing that Mackenzie's family was giving the Healers pulling up outside of their house, yelling and carrying.
Speaker 2: On poor Mackenzie. McKenzie was like, what is going on here?
Speaker 3: And so yeah, it's easy for kids to kind of get left in the middle like that too, but it was all in good fun this episode. Does anyone have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 4: Yes, Henry, I think that this episode is a good one. I like the episode and that's it.
Speaker 2: I liked seeing the two families hanging out together and having fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looked like they were having a blast. And I was just saying in our previous episode that I miss Pat being around all.
Speaker 2: The time, right, and there he is, there he is.
Speaker 3: He is the best.
Speaker 4: I thought it was nice to see Chucky on the show since we usually don't see him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is cool to see the other characters in blue and hopefully as more episodes of Bluey come out will see more of those characters. One thing I wanted to add is our friends at the Bluey's Brisbane Podcast. Great podcast by the way, since Bluey takes place in Brisbane and they're in Brisbane, they talk about the realities of the city in the show and things you can go do when you visit there to see the places they talk about in blue They did a really cool episode where they talked to Dan Brumm, who is the sound designer for the show, and they actually had famous sportscasters doing the announcer voices in this.
Speaker 2: Well, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So people who are watching this episode who live there, huh. It feels so real to him because they're watching Queensland and New South Wales play and they're hearing an announcer's voice who's the legitouncer from those games when they've watched them on TV. It would be like us hearing somebody like John Madden or Harry Carey or something like that in a show like this, somebody who we've heard do famous sports commentary.
Speaker 2: That's pretty Yeah, that is cool. I like that. Neat.
Speaker 3: Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome and until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 4: Bye guys, Bye bye.