Speaker 1: It's nice eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you mazy Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: I want to thank my guest last hour, Sean Dahlph, space weather forecaster. I mean, I didn't even realize that was really what you'd call space weather, but boy, he's a great guest. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Want to thank Nicole Davis for calling in. She was the best caller of the hour. Wanna thick her very much. She's a pro. She knows how to ask a question. And sometimes when I had like these these real experts, people somehow seem to want to make a point that they know a lot about this stuff too. It's tough to match your knowledge. If I had Bill Belichick on as a football coach, I think people would be calling me up and telling me, well, you know Bill and what I should be known. We should use more than a quick kick from the nineteen thirties or whatever. So I'm gonna grab Russ here in New York, who's a holdover from last Hour. I want to see what Russ has to think, what has to say. Obviously by doing that, I'll see what he has to think, and I'm going to I have a follow on topic to come out that I have coming up. Go ahead, Russ, I'll be real quick.
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 4: Thank you for remembering our animal companions at the end of your show. It's very meaningful for a lot of us. And the two questions I would have asked Sean is the implications of the space whether does that imply that climate change isn't really as effective on us as it we're told it is. And about Cuba. Cuba just experienced this massive power failure and I was going to ask him if it was a geomatic, medically induced current that could have been involved in this And off topic, then will you be covering the Dan Penny case down here in New York?
Speaker 1: I do expect to, Yeah, I mean follow that case. Well, we're not going to cover it on a day to day basis, but certainly that's an interesting case. There's all sorts of political implications with that case. He's the fellow who is a used of killing the homeless gentleman on the subway, and it'll be interested to see what the witnesses say. They were unable they were going to go to the grand jury, and I believe that the DA down there decided to indict him directly, which seemed to me to be a little bit of a break in protocol. The police over scene felt that this guy, who has a pretty good record, had done nothing wrong and that he had actually tried to intervene. His intention was not to kill the individual who died, but was trying to keep him immobile because he had threatened other Unfamiliar with the case, obviously, but let's see what let's see what the facts provoked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, he didn't allegedly kill him. He killed him. The alleged is whether it was manslaughter or murder. I mean, actually, I don't know how much facts you get up there in Boston.
Speaker 1: But well, yeah, what I know is that supposedly the guy I was threatening other people on the subway, this guy stood up and I think confronted him and words led you know what. I don't have all the facts, and then he put him in some sort of a headlock, and the guy was died of assixiation. So if he was acting in the protection of others and was trying to immobilize him, that's one thing. And there should be witness testimony which people who were there would would be able to give testimony, which might lead to a proper conclusion. If his intention was to get up and say I'm just going to kill this guy because I don't like the way he looks, I don't know what he said. That's a different story.
Speaker 4: No, he jumped him from behind. Dan, he didn't confront him. This is a factor, and there were three people holding him down. I'll tell you what happened with Dan Penny is a lot of people contributed money, and the lawyers he got are running up the meter and instead of having him plea and get out in two or three years, they're going to make him go to twelve for their own purposes, and he's going to be found guilty ten years and he'll serve seven. That's where lawyers.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for that prediction, Russ said. When we get around to talking about it, when the verdict comes in, I certainly hope that you'll call me back and tell me how accurate you are. I don't know as much about the case. I simply look at newspaper reports on it, look at the times, I look at the post. I wasn't there. Whether he confronted him, jumped in from behind, that's going to be witness testimony. So we'll see, you'll see which witnesses are tested. That's what defense counsel do. So anyway, we'll look forward to it. Thanks, ross appreciate it. So what I intended to do in this hour was because we're going to talk about weather, which we did, and we talked about whether that is something that I don't even understand, Okay, how something that happens ninety three miles away. I have a much better appreciation of it now as a result of the conversation which sewn. There were certain weather facts that we all probably learned in school. That the Sun is ninety three million miles away on average, and that at sometimes it's closer to the Earth, sometimes it's a little further away from the Earth, and it stays in that, you know, we stay in that rotation around the Sun. If for some reason we were to start to rotate ten million miles closer, it would be the end of the earth. We'd burn up. If we rotated ten million miles further away, and we're, you know, in the range of one hundred and three million miles as opposed to ninety three, we would probably all freeze to death. But it's been like that for a long time apparently, and so the question I wanted to ask, is this putting aside your job, putting aside your family members, putting aside your friends and all of that. Is there anywhere in the world that you'd prefer to live than here in New England. We're in New England based programmers, I think you all know. And we do have some weather events here in New England. Every winter we may have a blizzard or two or three. Some winters are a lot of snow. Recent winters have been not much snow, but it seems that we do we get snow. We can get hurricanes up here. I don't think we get hurricanes with the force of what the people in Florida have experienced with Helene or Milton in the last month or so. And then if you look at any other part of the country, if you live in California, you're concerned about earthquakes. If you live in the the middle of the country, you're concerned about tornadoes. Tornado season starts in the middle of the country. Obviously, if you're down south you can worry about or in Texas they have some real heat extremes. Do we have warm days up here? Yeah, absolutely, But from my perspective, even though I'm a native and I've never really lived for an extended period of time in any other part of the country. Worked for WBZ, as they think all of you know for a long time, first in television and now in radio. I'd love to know, is there anyone out there. We have listeners who who call regularly from Los Angeles, we have listeners who call regularly from Idaho, from Texas, from Arizona, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, a little closer to home, Florida. Love to know if you had the ability to either move to one part of the country or have that country, that part of the country's weather brought to New England, I mean the good, the bad, and the ugly. Where would you like to live? For me, it has to be New England. It has to be New England. I mean there are some ancillary reasons in that you have the the ocean in the summer, you have the mountains and skiing in the winter, you have the foliage in the fall, you have the rebirth of spring every year, which is my favorite time of the year, late April, early May into June. So I'd like to know is there a part of the world that you've lived in where the weather was more compatible than what we have in New England. I've been to Hawaii, and I've been to Alaska. I was in Alaska in June, so that wasn't probably, and I was in one of the more temperate parts of Alaska in the southwestern corner. Been to Hawaii, which I know is a wonderful place to live. But you've seen what happened to the fire that we covered a couple of you or a few a year or so ago. So I just want to throw it open. Is there a part of the world that you are aware of that you'd prefer to live in with a focus on the weather, That's my question. I think we're very lucky here in New England, and I mean from Maine to south, from northern Maine, Fort Kent up on the border with Canada to southwest Connecticut to Greenwich and places the cost Cob, Connecticut right on the border with New York. I think we got I think we have in terms of just the cards, the weather cards that were dealt. Yeah, we have a few little little problems periodically, but I think overall, the weather here in New England is the best in the country. Feel free to agree or to disagree. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty Where would you love to live if you or what weather would you prefer to have? The New England is probably the better way to ask the question. Some of you, I'm sure, would love to live in places like Colorado where you could ski a lot longer in the year. Others might prefer to live in the Southwest and see very little rain. Let's open the phone lines up, love to get your reaction. Six one seven, two, four ten thirty six one seven nine. Nice out with Dan Ray. We're coming right back now back to Dan ray line from the Window World, Night Sides to you. Thanks on WBZ News Radio. All right, let me go to Mike and framing him. Mike, welcome to Nightside. How are you, sir?
Speaker 5: I'll called before I too, Michael.
Speaker 1: Right ahead? Did I not bring you up? Here? Was your audio down? I'm sorry? Go right ahead, Mike.
Speaker 5: Yes, I always said, oh I'd like to move like a little more like south, like in the Carolinas, but not but after what happens, yeah, one and everything, and because I don't know, but like just down there there's the people like I visited Florida past three as the people are the more nicer there. Here people are so freaking rude.
Speaker 1: No ways, say where'd you grow up? Did you grow up here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Born and raised Framingham.
Speaker 1: Yeah really see, I think that's the reputation we have. But I really do believe that we're nicer people than our reputation. I mean, one of the things that you know down south, everybody is very kind and very sweet and you you get a lot of that. You welcome, love to meet you and all that, which is great because I think they're genuine about that. But then we get compared to them, this this reputation of we're a little frosty, we're a little cold. I don't think we're that cold. I think we're friendlier that people give us credit for. So it wasn't New England to buy into that stereotype.
Speaker 5: Why well, I've linched here in my life and it's like the well, well, my parents are from Puerto Rico first of all, so I always thought, oh Puerto Rico for like, you know, check it out and then come back here, and then you got hurricanes over there, so you can't even win.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 6: Well, Puerto Rico has been devastated by hurricane and Puerto Rico is you know, as you know, is not a US state, it's the US territory and they need support there.
Speaker 1: It's a very poor island. I mean, it has great possibilities, great possibilities, and seeing Juan is a thriving city. But if you get out on the countryside, a lot of poverty and they got they have great weather for the most part, except a couple of those storms that have gone through have been horrible. So when you when you crunch it all up, Mike, if you had a choice, if you had, you know, unlimited resources, and if you could either you can't bring the weather here. But if if you could keep your job and make a baby and it's living, where would you live.
Speaker 5: Well, I like Baltimore. My brother was there in the Air Force, and I worked for Costco wholesale and there everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, so yeah you could, I mean you could, You're you can. If you work for a big corporation, you know, one of the big Bobers tours or whatever, Yeah, you'd be fine. So you'd like to live in Maryland, So you're kind of getting away from the cold a little bit. Is that what I'm hearing saying?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because like, well here it's like jan February cold, March, March is cold, April's cold. It's like it wasn't like that when I was back in the eighties, when I was in high school, we had April vacation week. It was always like in s seventies, and it's now it's like, you know, I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what I think. I think the weather in New England has shifted a little bit. I think that that we get a later fall now, in a later spring. Do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, yeah, because but yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know. I'm like, it wasn't like that, but lately, like I'm fifty seven and it's like, why is it like it takes like till freaking June to get warm and it still rains.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, the one the trees, the trees still blossom at the at the end of April early May. I mean, that's that first week in May is like my favorite week of the year because the whole summer is in front of us. But yeah, yeah, I still wouldn't I wouldn't change New England for anything. In my opinion, I just I think we have You're gonna have some bad weather wherever you are, but I think that our weather pales in comparison to the bad weather that's hit other parts of the country.
Speaker 5: It is true though, I said that true. I'm like I go, you know, I complain to live there be like you know what, Oh, we have like nice sunny weather and liqu with Florida's getting or you know, the middle they always get those hard like freaking you know, it's hot, and.
Speaker 1: Well you see those you see you see the tornadoes first of all in the beginning in May. And I have friends who who live out in the on the plains and I mean they we have tornado cellars where I mean it's just like the Wizard of Oz, you know. I mean, we've had some tornadoes in Massachusetts, and we've had some tornadoes that touch down, and we've had some tornadoes that have done some damage, but they're few and far between. Hey, Mike, have you called me for this's your first time calling?
Speaker 5: No, I've called before.
Speaker 1: Your favorite Keep calling. I enjoyed talking with you, and keep keep keep it listening to night Side. Okay, I appreciate it very much.
Speaker 5: I listen to you guys every day when I call them before more because I leave at eleven and I put you on.
Speaker 1: Well, whatever time you can give us, we appreciate it immensely. Thanks Mike. We'll talk again.
Speaker 3: Talks All right.
Speaker 1: Let me go a little further south than Framingham. We're gonna go to Pete in South Carolina. Pete, welcome back. How are you, sir?
Speaker 2: I'm fine, my friend. How are you great?
Speaker 1: So if you could live anywhere you know in the world or anywhere in the United States, do you do you think? But first of all, did you get hit with Hurricane Helena?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, that was way west of me. I'm on the coast. I'm by it, you know.
Speaker 1: Normally to go up normally, those things tend to go up the coast.
Speaker 2: You lucked out normally. We can't still figure it out. How how it hit western North Carolina. I mean, I have friends who have a mountain house up there. They go for the summer and it's gone just gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yes, devastating. That's devastating to uh to realize that's a beautiful part of the country, you know, from a physical pot is.
Speaker 2: But as far as I know. But as you know, I'm a Philly guy and I love southeastern Pennsylvania. I grew up in Allentown and lived outside of Philly for I don't know, thirty years before Diane and I retired and we ended up here in South Carolina.
Speaker 1: But so you chose to you chose to move to South Carolina. Now, I'm sure that there might be some tax advantages there.
Speaker 2: There are tax advantages, but there's also grandchildren advantages.
Speaker 1: The grandchildren down there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's you are here, so you know, that's that's great. But watching them grow up in the whole bit, and as you know, I listened and call on occasionally, but southern Pennsylvania we get the change of seasons. We do get some snow every once in a while, every once in a while we'll get a blizzard. But overall, I would I would go back to the Philly area or Allentown. That's where I grew up, That's where all my I still stay in touch with my my high school buddies and college buddies. And my brother lives in Bethlehem. So it's you know that area. And then.
Speaker 1: From your memories, Okay, when does spring begin in that part of penn Sylvania. We really don't get warm weather here until consistently we get a warm day, but we don't get warm weather here until late April because there's a lot of Sox games to get played in cold weather. Earlier in the year, you can get a nice day. When when do you think you really spring has arrived in.
Speaker 2: Southern basically to start a baseball season. The end of March, beginning of April. And then remember in February we have Paksakhani sil out there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's one of the biggest scams in the world. As far as I'm concerned, I'd love to know what did they really? Is there an economic benefit to punk Satani Pennsylvania?
Speaker 2: Oh my, oh my god. People come from all over the world, just the seeds ground talk. Don't ask me why because to me it's erodent.
Speaker 1: P T. Barnum had it right, didn't he?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: The only thing I know about Punksatani Pennsylvania is there was there was a guy who was a shortstop for the Yankees and Orioles named Billy Hunter, and he was from Pennsylvania exactly. Yeah, never an All star, but the Major League baseball player. So you know, you gotta give give him his props there, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's it's like we give him our props. For the high school I went to, we had a guy who played football that named Recipled who was played for the Dolphins and he was a kicker. And then another guy was Andre Reid. He was from the other high school in Allentown.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he was a wide receiver for the Bills, right exactly. Yeah, great, great wide receiver. I think he could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he unfortunately went to the Super Bowl four years in a row and never made it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got to the Super Bowl. That's the that is the Jim Kelly add.
Speaker 2: My friend. But anyway, I say one another thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: I traveled all over the country when I was working, and I figured it out. If God was going to retire, yeah he'd he'd go to Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California.
Speaker 1: Sure yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: But California is a great place to visit.
Speaker 1: That was where Ronald Reagan was. That's where Ronald Reagan set up shop.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, a little bit further south he was in see me, s I am.
Speaker 6: I.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I think that the Presidential Library. I think the Presidential Library, Reagan Libraries, and Santa Barbara. If I'm not mistaken, yes.
Speaker 2: You are right, But I think his ranch was like between the two. That also was like between somewhere between Boston and Wooster.
Speaker 1: Not Wooster, it's Wooster, Ohio. It's Worcester.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, well that's what they called the Wusaws. That's right, but it's Worcester, Worcester.
Speaker 2: Yeah, send your picture on Facebook with your sweatshirt on.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, the greatest, the greatest baseball player from Worcester, Ohio was Dean Chance. Yeah, picture for the Twins. You can look that one up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You've got a great college out there, Worcester College, a little small private college in Ohio.
Speaker 2: Well, there US.
Speaker 1: Board of trustees there.
Speaker 2: There was a life insurance company out there that I used to be was one of my clients. I don't think they're around anymore because we're going back thirty years. But I do know that area where you live, as you know, it's for me, wonderful history and great people. I've never had a bad person that I've met all the time I worked in Boston. I consider it my second home.
Speaker 1: Well anytime really Okay, Hey, thank you much, thanks man, I appreciate I're gonna put you down for South for Southeastern PA. That's that would be your place. South and Southeastern PA. People talk soon. Thanks very much for checking in. Taught you Okay, go and take quick break. I got some lines here six one seven two thirty six one seven nine thirty Again weather. We talked last hour with a weather, a space weather forecast, not like a regular weather for a space weather forecaster. Sean Dahal, great guest. You can listen to him if you want a night side and demand tomorrow. He's with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Noah. And it caused me to think, Jeep, and we live here in New England and do we get blizzard yeah? Do we get cold snap in the winter, yeah, January can be tough. Do we get some hot days in the summer? Yep? But you know they're not bad. I love New England weather for the most part, change the seasons. But is there a part of America that either you've lived in or you'd love to live in? I think that no matter what you're going to say, whether it's south, northeast or west. I mean, I think New England's the best. Maybe I'm a bit of a homer. Feel free give me an idea. Pete says Pete in South Carolina says Southeastern PA. Mike was saying, maybe Puerto Rico's that's in play. Join the conversation. Back after the eleven thirty news Here run night Side. You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio. Back to the phones we go question of the hour, and again it's it spins off of last hour. We talked to a space weather forecaster who's talking about weather and it's impact space weather. It's impact on our weather, perhaps indirectly, but it may made me think about where would I want to live in the world. We would I want to live in the world or in America they would have better weather than New England. I can't think of somewhere. Let's go to Dennis in Effett, Dennis Next Time, Night Sat.
Speaker 5: Welcome, oh Iya, Dan.
Speaker 8: I couldn't wait till the twentieth hour. I had a I'm better on this well, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, you do get you do get a free a Hall pass for the twentieth hour. We give everybody an opportunity of the twentieth hour on Friday night eleven, even if they've talked called earlier week. So you got a hall pass for Friday night if you want to go ahead, Dennis.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm with you. There's no place like the New England. I mean, I know the weather's sat in a change because our winters are getting a little right, uh, and our somemmers are getting a little warm. I think, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean my view of it is that you got to take a much longer view of it that you know. I remember the winter of twenty fourteen and fifteen, we would creamed with snow and it all winter had been very quiet, and then it just picked up in the middle of January and it didn't stop for the entire month of February.
Speaker 8: That's true, Ay, didn't get happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I just think that that we we go through cycles. I always say that I am not I don't know. I want to see more information on the whole issue of climate change. I'm not a denier. I'm not someone who's ready to march with John carry here. I just you know, let's let's take a longer view of it because I think when you think about the place where we are right now, where you are and where I am, it was back in the ice age, we would have been buried under ice literally.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So if we don't like the weather, check around. It will change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you do get that. I mean we we had We've got a nice ball.
Speaker 8: I thought we had a nice fall, and I I think fall one of our better falls we've had.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you, I think it's been perfect where I am to be honest with me, I just I can't remember a fall with as many nice days as we have.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, yes, put out that rain coming and bringing down those leaves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that hasn't happened yet. And I think you know, we'll get one of those rainstorms probably a week from now, and you wake up in the what happened to the leaves? Right?
Speaker 8: That will strip them? That will strip them. I'm going to let it go, brother, all right? And I shouldn't be on Friday night.
Speaker 1: All right, man, I'll talk to you Friday night. Thanks, Dennis.
Speaker 8: Hey, I just want to let you know my grandson handed me his T shirt. SOD they have a phone number where I could get a catalog because I don't do that online stuff and all that.
Speaker 1: You can call them up and you can order over the phone if you look for something sweatshirts?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 8: Can I get that phone number off?
Speaker 9: Dan?
Speaker 1: You know what you do this, Dennis. Here's what you do. You leave me your number, and Dan, my producer tonight, will send me your phone number and I'll call you in a couple of days. I've got a couple of really busy days, but I'll try to get you and i'll get you that information.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Dan, I appreciate that. Have a great night, brother.
Speaker 1: Leave your number for a daytime number and I'll call you. Okay, you too?
Speaker 8: Got it again?
Speaker 1: I sound like that. Whatever whoever was that zone, don't hang up. Let's go to koreem or is it corin Karina corinn in selfie?
Speaker 10: Funny? You should say that it's both. It depends on who are you talking to? My family or a friend.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you call yourself?
Speaker 10: Well, I'll introduce myself.
Speaker 2: It's current most people.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. So if you you pick anywhere in the world or anywhere in America to live, would it be the New England or somewhere else?
Speaker 10: I got to go with you in the last few college. It's gonna be New England. I've had my fist year of traveling.
Speaker 3: And had opportunity to travel.
Speaker 10: All over the United States and Billy outside. I went to Island for about a month, and I got to tell you, as much as I enjoyed where I was gone in beautiful places to see, I'm with you in New England.
Speaker 3: And we just had this talk tonight.
Speaker 10: That's why I think it's so ironic that it prompted me to call into you.
Speaker 7: We were all talking about like how I work outdoors in events, so a lot of this depends on the weather.
Speaker 10: And we had a wonderful season for all my brides and everything, and like even tonight with the golf outing we did, everybody is just raving about, you know, the unseasonable perfect weather or what have you.
Speaker 7: And you know everybody had the same sort famous nothing.
Speaker 10: Like New England.
Speaker 7: We have the beauty of the leave right now and the weather is just phenomenal.
Speaker 10: And I do agree that our times are shifting a little bit.
Speaker 8: I think I.
Speaker 7: Remember as a kid, we didn't see green grass until after like close to April vacation, and it always covered and that's not anymore.
Speaker 10: And like, I agree with you. The year twenty fifteen, I was stubbling every day.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, you remind me, and we had Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: We live in an older hole and we had forty thousand dollars worth of damage from just the school, the melting, the ice dams. It was rough.
Speaker 5: It was absolutely, oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Thank god. We had insurance. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but we had amateurance. So okay, yeah, I'm just saying, you look around the country, you want to live down want to live down south. You look at some of those those hurricanes.
Speaker 3: I've gotta be.
Speaker 7: Honest with you. Oh well, that's what it comes down to.
Speaker 10: And the topic of conversations to that at work was we all agreed that everybody complains about the cost of living and you know what have you?
Speaker 7: And everybody complains about you know, the cost of rent and mortgages and what have you.
Speaker 10: I said, but you know what I mean, insurance. It might be a little bit more expensive to live up here in the Northeast, but I got to tell you, it's we're paying for safety, is what it comes down to. Because we we have a little handful of blips of we can all talk about a hurricane we we went through.
Speaker 1: Ye, remember there was a tornado that hit in western Massachusetts a few years ago that hit a couple of the small towns out there. Yeah, but overall we're in good shape. Coroinn. I gotta let you run because I'm up my break. Thanks so much for calling. Please call.
Speaker 2: Hey, this was great.
Speaker 8: I appreciate it. Dan, thanks again, right right back at you.
Speaker 1: Thanks, good night. We'll take a quick break, coming right back on night Side. Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio. Okay, we got a bunch of calls. Let's get them going here. Eileen, you have lived in other parts of the country. What is the best place to live in your opinion?
Speaker 9: Where I live now, which is in.
Speaker 5: Hull, for the water on the water.
Speaker 9: I don't know what angel up in heaven brought me here, but here I am and I just love it here.
Speaker 1: A few storms, I guess, but you can handle.
Speaker 5: That, right, I hope.
Speaker 9: So I have a car, I can get out, I guess. But I grew up in upstate New York, which is beautiful, and I went to college in New York City, and I love New York City. I did love it. I'm not sure I want to go back there now.
Speaker 1: It's kind of rough right now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, But when I lived in New York City, I used to spend the summers on Long Island, mostly at Jones Beach, which is a beautiful, beautiful, big beach. In the other area that I really love. I went to camp as a child in the at Aroundack Mountains of Upstate New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little tough up there in the winter time, but pretty nice during the summer.
Speaker 9: Oh, Upstate New York and the winter time is impossible.
Speaker 1: New York in the winter time, I know what you mean.
Speaker 9: Well, I'll never forget the time our school bus tipped over, but it fell in fell on the side of a big snowbank, so nobody got hurt.
Speaker 8: It's just, oh.
Speaker 9: Gosh, slip slip sideways off the road into a snowbank.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think one of the nights I was the coldest in my life was in It was in It was in New York. Not not Lake Placid, but Glenn's Glenn Falls.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, brutally.
Speaker 1: Cold, brutally cold up the watch a couple of hockey games in the Oas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, I.
Speaker 1: Lean that's great. I got you down like Corin for New England all the way.
Speaker 11: Yeah, especially.
Speaker 1: Specifically how you're a happy care perfects.
Speaker 2: Leave.
Speaker 9: I am thank you.
Speaker 1: Keep rolling here. Got to go to Herb and Chelmsford. Herb, you're next nights.
Speaker 8: I go right ahead, Hidan Hi, Herb.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 3: If I'm better select a place for six and nine months, it would be San Diego. I was stationed there in nineteen fifty six city. Yeah, you'd say in those days that the most days, the worst they meteorologically was not much worse than the best day in New England.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they have I think they have sat out there like three hundred and fifty days a year or something like that. No, it is, it's it's a it's beautiful weather, but you don't have a change, you know. I mean there's no.
Speaker 3: Sort It sort of varies from fifty five or sixty to to the low eighties. Yeah, right right, swim in Okay to the year the year I was up there.
Speaker 1: Wow, were you in the military out there?
Speaker 3: I'm sure yeah, maybe navy.
Speaker 1: Well thank you for that service, that's that's for sure, you know, San Diego, of course, is now a huge city compared to what you knew a lot a long time ago. But thank you, thank you for your service, Herban, thank you for the call, and so san Diego now you so you would pick San Diego if everything else was equal based on the Weather's what I'm hearing you say. Right.
Speaker 3: My whole life, my whole whole family, going back ten generations is all Massachusetts, mostly East and mostly Easterns. That's that's who I am. I'm a Northerner born, lived and died. But the weather. San Diego was a dream town in those days. I think you're rather smuggy now.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. I have some friend a lot of friends in San Diego, but but I haven't been there in too many years. I mean, I gotta, I gotta get back to San Diego. So it's it's, you know, a beautiful, beautiful city. Herb, thank you much and thank you again for your service. We'll talk again, okay, little good bye, Thanks her talk to you soon. Let me get Brianna in Everett. Brianna your next to nights.
Speaker 12: I go ahead, Hi, Dan, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great, Brianna, I hope you got that that package that got sent to you.
Speaker 10: We did, we did.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna go with my dad, who just talked to him? Actually I was. I was trying to call my dad and I kept getting the call waiting, call, waiting, and I'm like, why is it not answering his phone? And then I hear him on your SHOWE all right.
Speaker 1: How about that. It's a small world, right, I.
Speaker 12: Was like, okay, Dad, okay.
Speaker 13: But I remember back in twenty fourteen, a tornado had hit Revere, Mass And all I could remember was my sister lived in Revere and she had called us and told us that it was ripping up.
Speaker 12: Broadway and Revere and that she was getting in her bathtub and laying on top of her son. And even though that happened, like I would, I'm just a Boston girl.
Speaker 13: I'm just a city girl.
Speaker 12: I couldn't leave here in New England. Is like you never know what you're gonna get next, and like I'm okay with that. Like I love the snow. I hope we don't get hurricanes and stuff, but like the weather changing is just like I think it's amazing to watch. I like to do photography, so I like taking pictures of nature.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well we do get we.
Speaker 1: Do get a variety, that's for sure. But it's never as intense as it is in a lot of other places, you know. I mean you all get that that those hurricanes in Florida and that that white people families, you know, homes got wiped out. We have a hurricane. Yeah, occasionally you'll see that some house that was on an ocean cliff ops into the ocean. But again, I'm not trying to minimize that. I'm just saying that overall, I think our weather is as good as anywhere in the country.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 12: Actually the hurricane in Florida recently, the Hurricane Milton, my niece and her mom and her stepfather and stepbrother had to evacuate.
Speaker 10: They live in.
Speaker 12: Fort Gord or something like that.
Speaker 1: And put a little bit above between Naples and Fort Myers. Brianna say how to the kids, okay, and we will talk again.
Speaker 12: Have a good night.
Speaker 9: Dan.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much for the shirts.
Speaker 1: No problem, My pleasure worth them. Well, all right, they gotta get two more in here. Laurie and Idaho. You called back, so I got you up here, and I want to leave a little room for Barbara Laurie, you were in Idaho, would you if you had your brothers, would you come back here?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: God?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what's holding?
Speaker 8: God?
Speaker 1: Come on, let's come on back.
Speaker 11: Well, I had to getting the hips all fixed and everything else, and I've just got to got to make a plan. But now I want East Coast. I don't The one thing you neglected in the little is the wildfires out here. That's what drives me out. I can't sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 11: We got evacuated three times when I was in Montana, and it's just and then if even if they're not threatening, he was flaying, the smoke is always there.
Speaker 5: So no, thank you.
Speaker 11: I want to be East Coast, but ultimately I want to be in South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think that's a good location to end up in. I think Pete in South Carolina from a tax point of view.
Speaker 11: Well, I did a vacation, like a trip down there to Hilton Head a couple of times, and then there's been to other places and I just fell in love with it. I love humidity, I love this. I really am so done with snow.
Speaker 3: So South Carolina for me, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 1: I've been there as well.
Speaker 2: Laura, I do agree with.
Speaker 11: You that even the safest weather in National Staff.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I'm thinking. I gotta, I gotta let you go here because they're going to get Barbara in for a final word. Thanks Larry. Talk to you hey later on during the week. Thanks up. Next last call to then I Barbara. We get you late, but I got about maybe thirty seconds for you. Where would you like to live if if you had your brothers? We said, where's Barbara here? Let's bring Barbara up? GoGet Barbara. That was my mistake, right ahead.
Speaker 14: That's okay. I said, I would love to live right where I am, which is Salem, Massachusetts. I love Salem. It's a very historical, wonderful town. Crazy during Halloween.
Speaker 1: Ool.
Speaker 14: We have so much history. And I drive home along the water front here in Revere Beach and Lynn Beach and swamps good and it's just beautiful. You get you get the best of both worlds with Salem. You get a little country ish and you get ocean, and you get East Coast and like the beach boys. Ay, I'm an East Coast girl.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, Hey, Barbara, call earlier. I'll give you more time. But I'm flat out of time now, Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 14: Well, I understand, take care now, talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: Thanks, but I appreciate it. All right, We're done for the night. I'd be back tomorrow night, everybody, that is for sure. I want to thank Noah and Dan, both of whom double team tonight. And I think Rob is back tomorrow night with Dan. Noah, thank you very much, Dan, thank you very much. I'll end us always. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Rays were passed fourteen years ago in February. That's all your pets are past. They loved you and you loved them. I do believe you'll see them again. We'll see again tomorrow night on Nightside. And now I will be on Facebook Nightside with Dan Ray in a couple of minutes