Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: He'll hear about this.
Speaker 1: Because it is going to bankrupt La County for quite some time.
Speaker 2: This news just breaking this hour.
Speaker 1: LA County planning to pay four billion dollars to settle nearly seven thousand claims of childhood sexual abuse that occurred inside its juvenile facilities and foster homes allegedly. I say because this is a settlement, this is a massive settlement. It makes what happened with the Catholic Diocese Boy Scouts USC's bad guynecologists looked like peanuts essentially, and you look at Boy Scouts of America agreed to pay two point four billion. Archdiocese of LA paid about one point five billion. Member of the team doctor at Michigan State Larry Nasser, who was working on the Olympics five hundred million. There USC's gynecologists one point one billion. This is four billion dollars, more than twice of what the Archdiocese paid. Still needs to be approved by both the County Claims Board and county supervisors, and it's a billion dollars more than what they anticipated, calling it the worst case scenario to resolve a bunch of lawsuits for.
Speaker 2: Just unchecked sex abuse.
Speaker 1: The reason that this settlement is unprecedented is because of ABE twenty eighteen that was a state law in twenty twenty gives victims of childhood sexual abuse a new window to sue even though the statute of limitations has expired. We've seen this new law being used several times with individual cases, but this is massive. Four billion dollars, A lot of foster homes, a lot of juvenile halls are at the center of this one.
Speaker 2: All right, Amy King joins us.
Speaker 1: Now exciting weekend Wiggle Waggle Walk.
Speaker 2: Tell me everything, Amy, So yes, here's everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, We're getting together with some of our closest friends and actually thousands of happy dog owners, and we're going to walk around the Rose Bowl on Sunday morning.
Speaker 2: That's only two days a week, two days away.
Speaker 3: It's the Wiggle Waggle Walk and Run for Pasadena Humane And what a great way to start a day. The weather is going to be absolutely perfect. Our team now has fifty people, so that's a lot of pups and we're just a small fraction so we're super excited. Come on down and join us. Take a walk around the Rose Bowl. There's two different routes. There's a five k for the walk and run, or there's a one mile if you want to maybe if you have a little dog, you want to go a mile and whatever. Whatever you want to do is great. And we're raising money for Pasadena Humane. As we've talked about, they've done such amazing work that they do every day. And then with the eating fires, they taken over like twelve hundred animals and I went down there and got to see like they're sitting there treating the cats that have their little paws singed off from the fires and stuff. I mean, it was just like so heartbreaking, but so heartwarming that there's somebody there to help them and they're still helping them. They're boarding some of the dogs that their families have been displaced and they don't have a place to keep the dog, so Pasadena Humane is boarding them for no charge until they can reunite with their families. I mean, they're just doing great work. So that's what we're raising money for. And you can do it. Get some exercise, enjoy the sunshine, and here is how oh wait. Also the KFI booth, we have a three hundred exclusive KFI swag bags, So if you stop by the booth, you want to make sure you pick up that. There's training demonstrations, there's the dog costume contest. I heard you mention it, and yes, people dress up themselves and their dogs and they walk and it's adorable.
Speaker 2: So we're doing a whole contest with that.
Speaker 3: And then also if you stop by the KFI booth, Doctor Marty Pets has donated a bunch of stuff and Michelle put together these beautiful baskets and we're gonna raffle those off for like a five dollars donation, So come by her booth Sunday morning from eight to eleven. And the gift baskets featured Doctor Marty's Nature's Blend of course of premium freeze dried dog food made with real cuts of meat, super food, veggies and fruit to support your dog's health. So we're gonna be raffling those off. So anyway, great way to start your day. You don't even have to get up that early because it doesn't start until eight and the walk is at nine.
Speaker 1: Do dogs like those treats with all the good stuff in them? Or do dogs look at you know, fruits and veggie snacks like humans do and say where.
Speaker 2: Are my not to cheese doritos?
Speaker 3: Well, they put the meat in them, so they like Themhi, okay, so they hide it.
Speaker 2: It's like when I hide zucchini in my lasagna.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, just think you're eating bad.
Speaker 1: Now you have a dog that you walk with during the wiggle waggle walk, right, Well, I walked a dog last year and it was this beautiful Doberman and she actually got adopted after.
Speaker 2: Oh so these aren't your dog.
Speaker 3: No, I don't have dog cats, and I just thought it would be a bad idea to bring cats to.
Speaker 2: The dog Yeah, I think so too. A good call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they actually they have a wiggle waggle wagon and they're gonna have some pups that are adoptable down there. So even if you don't have a dog and you're maybe thinking about a dog, come walk with us and you might go home with one.
Speaker 1: That's very cool. I want a dog badly. I travel, I'm out of town a lot for football.
Speaker 2: I have a husband. I do. But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, nobody cares so the dogs. Now they're gonna walk for three point one miles. That's a long walk, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Well, again, they have them, they have the one mile route, right, I want to just walk.
Speaker 1: But there's some dogs that really put the work in at this wiggle waggle walk.
Speaker 3: There are, and some of them will probably still be dragging their owners for that three miles.
Speaker 1: Now, if I had a dog, I wouldn't have to I wouldn't have to walk the three miles, right, I mean that's not like some thing that you do with a dog normally, or is it? Do you do you walk your dog for three miles or people that do that? Yeah, when I had a dog, I used to walk in for three miles.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow, that's commitment. It's a lot.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of miles. We have a lot of committed people. Like I said, we got fifty people on our team already. I'm so excited. And there's still room for you. And we still want to raise money because again, everything we raise is going to Passadena Humane. You can do that at KFIAM six forty dot com, slash wiggle KFIAM six forty dot com slash wiggle. And we've gotten so many donations just today, and so there's plenty of time to donate.
Speaker 2: I'm just thrilled and so excited. I can't wait to see everybody on Sunday.
Speaker 1: What have been some of your favorite costumes you've seen last year?
Speaker 3: The one that really just sticks out there was there was a lot of good ones, and I have the memory of a nat so I don't remember a lot of them. But one of my favorite was Breakfast at Tiffany's. So the woman was dressed up like Audrey Hepburn and she dressed her her pop up like a Tiffany's box.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that is so clever.
Speaker 3: It was so cute and and she was so good and she didn't even win first place. There were some great costumes.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, so that's a lot of fun too.
Speaker 1: Now, when you do you already know which dog you're going to be walking with or is that something that they tell you about when you get there.
Speaker 3: So Kevin McManus over at Pasadena Humane said, I've got the perfect dog for you. If he's not adopted, you can you can walk in what's his name?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Oh yeah, it's like a blind date. Yeah, it's like exactly.
Speaker 3: So we'll see, but we'll be out there regardless, and you guys will be out there, and we've got lots of friends of Wake Up Call who are going to be joining us, so and there's there's room for you too, So please come join us, or if you can't come join us, just make a donation whatever you can afford. Five bucks, twenty bucks, five hundred dollars, whatever you can afford.
Speaker 2: And then what goes on?
Speaker 1: Are there people dedicated to cleaning up the poop? Only you would answer, I know, I'm sorry. I would imagine that there probably are some poopers. I would just imagine there's like hundreds of dogs out there and they're walking miles and that they have got to go to the bathroom at some point.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: I will ask Kevin on Sunday and I will report.
Speaker 2: Back it's okay, it's okay. It's the person get the answers for you, all right.
Speaker 1: Tell me again, I'm going to donate right now, Amy, tell me, right now, where do I go?
Speaker 3: K F I a M six forty dot com slash wiggle and that'll take you right to our team page. You can donate to the wake Up Call Wigglers donate to me whatever you want to do, and that's also where you join the team. So either way, we'd love to have you either your money or your presence or both.
Speaker 1: Oh that's perfect, and you look so pretty in that picture. I love that picture of you. That's like my favorite. That's because it's with Tiger. Okay, perfect. That is very easy, very easy to donate. I'm doing it right now. Amy King the Wiggle Waggle walk out at the Rose Bowl. Check it out more coming up.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from kf I Am six forty.
Speaker 1: Every morning, Michelle producer Michelle puts out a list of stories that are in the news. She throws in her favorite story of the day and a fun fact. Fun facts usually animal related. I enjoy them anyway. Today's fun fact is jellyfish are considered biologically immortal. They don't age and will never die unless they are killed. Do you think jellyfish know that? Didn't they behave that like that? Like I know I'm never going to die. I'm a jellyfish.
Speaker 2: They just know that? Or do they think there's an expiration date? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do they think DoD jellyfish think These are all questions that I should not give voice too. I understand that today the Dodgers are taking on the Phillies in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: The first pitch at three forty five.
Speaker 1: Listen to every Dodgers game on AM five seventy LA Sports Live from the Gallpin Motors Broadcast Booth. Stream all games NHG on the iHeartRadio app Keyword AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: What a team to watch?
Speaker 1: Behold this team, I mean they are stacked shohe Atani making poetry every night. It is just it is a time to enjoy being a fan of Dodger baseball, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: All right, there is a news to get to.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, this is a follow up of a horrific story, and it's one of those stories that just keeps getting worse. It began when we heard that a thirteen year old boy was missing over the weekend out of the valley. Thirteen year old boy goes to Lancaster to see what was called at the time, an acquaintance doesn't come home. Family immediately knows something's wrong and starts talking to news reporters. A family is Spanish speaking only, and we know that I can't speak Spanish to save my life, so couldn't get them on. But they are talking to local media about this, and it's so key because the thirteen year old boy reported missing by his family over the weekend from the valley.
Speaker 2: They found his body.
Speaker 1: On Wednesday day and it was an Oxnard and yesterday when we reported this to you at the time, it was still this acquaintance, this vague term to describe who he was meeting with. And now the family is saying that this was his soccer coach.
Speaker 2: Now that takes the story.
Speaker 1: It's already as heartbreaking as it possibly can be with this thirteen year old boy missing, found dead. Like I said, it doesn't get worse, But does it get worse now for other families because you're thinking about if this guy's a soccer coach. This was not the first kid. This couldn't have been the first kid. It's never the first kid that ends up missing and then dead.
Speaker 2: That's something you graduate to when you are a monster.
Speaker 1: So logic says we're going to be hearing more stories, or there are more stories to be heard if they come to light.
Speaker 2: I don't know this was Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 1: This was a family who moved to the United States from Honduras three years ago.
Speaker 2: Things are not good in Honduras.
Speaker 1: Came here better life three years ago for their son, for their thirteen year old, and this is what happens. His body found in a ditch this week in a densely wooded area in Oxnard, right off Harbor, and they knew where to go. Lapd robbery, homicide. I believe was heading up this investigation. They knew where to look, and they did. They did find him. An Oscar seventh grade student at Sun Valley Magnet School, standout soccer player, just so alive. As a lot of people talk about Oscar, the family says he was with his soccer coach in Antelope Valley at the time of this disappearance. His sister Alejandra says, we had that person at our home. He helped us look for Oscar when he was reported missing. We never thought he would harm him. What a horrific story. Family comes here from Honduras with a ten year old little boy hoping to make his life better, gets him involved in soccer. He's a standout player, something he's really good at. Got this great coach close to the family. This has not been adjudicated. There's no verdict here, but the allegation that this soccer coach killed this boy and whatever else was going on is just oh awful.
Speaker 2: Just awful. So stay tuned. We're going to hear more about that story.
Speaker 1: I bet you, you bet you, because whenever you have somebody with access to children who shouldn't, rarely is the first victim you hear about the first victim. When we come back, we are going to lighten it up a little bit. Michael Monks is going to join us. Michael Monks covers various things for KFI News, various important things, and that is why we have him on. But even if Michael Monks was covering the opening of a ant farm in Resita, I would have him on because that's how entertaining Michael Monks is. So we will talk to him when we come back here to Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 2: I'll just say it on the air, I don't care.
Speaker 5: I noticed that sometimes you start a segment finishing a thought of a conversation you were having off air, as if everyone out in radio land is privy to the conversation.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the conversation.
Speaker 5: Oh no, we're gonna get in trouble again every time I come on, Like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what the rule is about.
Speaker 1: I don't know why the rule exists about not talking about people once they've left or radio station like they're dead or.
Speaker 2: Something, because they're not. Anyway.
Speaker 1: So, now Steve Gregory does his like Instagram posts or whatever is walk and talk things, and he's got his like ray bands on, and he wears his like field outfit and he always has for as long as I've known him, and I had seen I guess I'm looking at the things you look at before you go to bed really impact your life, do So I got some strolling through Instagram over the weekend and I see like some Steve stuff, and so anyway, the next morning, I'm living my life walking around and I'm like, I can't believe Steve's started to wear a fur coat in his Instagram posts. And I can visualize it in my head where he's wearing this floor length like brown fur coat over his field outfit and doing like stuff from the border. And here I am with the cops and we're doing this sting operation and he's wearing this fur coat, and I thought, this is just like a new piece of accouterma for Steve, and this is part of his new look.
Speaker 5: I think he could pull it off.
Speaker 1: And I remember thinking to myself, like, I've got to call Steve and see what that's all about. And as soon as I had that thought, I go, wait a minute, was that a dream? I dreamt that.
Speaker 2: I dreamt that Steve was wearing fur this fur coat in his his like Instagram stand ups.
Speaker 5: It's like you got a cross between Steve Gregory and Deborah Mark.
Speaker 1: Oh smart, yes, because she likes the first Well, first, let's be clear.
Speaker 2: Right, right, right, she's not killing a bear. It's getting it. Yes, that must be. There's something going on up there.
Speaker 5: It's not good. No, he's not going to talk to somebody about that. I'm not the guy. You're not the guy somebody.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, well what are you doing today? This is Michael Monks by the way, KFI News.
Speaker 2: Like I said, he.
Speaker 1: Covers many important things for k if I News, but we just like to hang out with him so I can.
Speaker 5: Tell you're lonely.
Speaker 2: I'm not lonely. Lonely, this is not me. I'm not lonely, lonely.
Speaker 5: Lonely.
Speaker 1: It's Friday, and here's the thing, there's so much. Keanu and I are sitting in the office and we're like, this is all bad. All the news is bad, this is all downer stuff.
Speaker 5: It's I'm not I'm not coming with anything to live job. I'm afraid you.
Speaker 2: Your presence alone lifts.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that. It's always a pleasure to be with you. You are No, It's true. You're very funny and clever, and I enjoy this time. You have weird dreams, right, you have weird dreams, But I find you amusing. I think we would have been we would have been friends in high school. We could be friends and we can our lives. I'm not very fun, I'll warn you.
Speaker 2: I am zero fool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, then let's get together. Yeah, let's get together.
Speaker 1: You know I'm going to watch that sex show of that woman dying of cancer this afternoon.
Speaker 2: If you want to join me.
Speaker 5: No, but I know you're watching Dalton Abbey, which is a series that I love. You got to catch up and finish it. We can go to the movie when they come out. When the third one, the third and final film is coming out this year that can be our date and say there are films that will give me enough time to mentally prepare for it.
Speaker 2: I just knew about the series. I didn't know about the films.
Speaker 5: There's two films already out that continue the story, and then there's a third one that is coming in.
Speaker 2: You know, are you planning a date for us already?
Speaker 5: And it's I kind of was in my mind. I didn't know how to ask you. I love it. I get a little shy, I am a little.
Speaker 2: Coqut I can't wait. Can we bring Deborah?
Speaker 5: Does Debora like dot now?
Speaker 2: She She's who got me into it?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I cried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's my absolute favorite show.
Speaker 5: By the way, if we lived in the Time of Doubt, Nowbey, Deborah totally would have been upstairs and I would have been down.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite thing.
Speaker 1: The first thing she said to me was yes, yes, And the first thing she said to me was, don't you just want to be their friends? And in my head, the people, the people work there, don't you want to be their friends? And in my head, I was like, Deborah, you would never be their friends, you would be upstairs their friends.
Speaker 2: I totally I like Mary, you'd be like married, she's married.
Speaker 5: Totally, Mary, Yes, yes, you're married. Absolutely, you totally are.
Speaker 2: And that's okay.
Speaker 1: But you're an upstairs person. Michael and I were cleaning out your the hair out of your drain.
Speaker 5: But we're doing well downstairs. We're not like Cook's assistant, Like I'm a vallant, you're a valid. I'm a valet. I'm dressing one of the guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't figured it out.
Speaker 5: I think lady's maid.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I'd be like the girl that hooked up with the guy with the cane. Yes, she is right, and then something bad happened to her and that was awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I would have kicked well anyway.
Speaker 5: So you're picturing reporters in for coats, Now I've got to picture you in a maid's outfit. Now, what kind of dream am I going to have tonight?
Speaker 2: Tell me about the sea lions?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we know we've got these bad sea lion problems on the beach and it's only gotten worse.
Speaker 1: Gait, Wait, hold on, because that was such a great tease.
Speaker 2: Can you stick around?
Speaker 5: Well? What am I gonna go upstairs?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: You're not allowed. I'm not allowed. You are not until the Lord needs his luncheon clothes, and then I gotta go iron a shirt far upstairs.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, my day just got better. Michael Monks is here.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am sixty.
Speaker 1: We're keeping tabs on everything. Stocks still falling on walls street. China today retaliating with their own tariffs on US goods. People racing to buy Lululemon and Guinness and cars. Global tariffs now in almost every country. Earlier this week is what the President announced. I mentioned the thunderstorms. We got a little bit yesterday afternoon, at least where I was up in Sierra Madre at the time, thunders thunderstarted rolling.
Speaker 2: The rain came down with a quickness. Everyone around at.
Speaker 1: This coffee shop was like, oh my gosh, it's raining, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, relax, relax.
Speaker 1: Five minutes go by and it's done, it's gone. You know, you think about that when then you read about the severe storms everywhere else Texas to Indiana, where you know, life threatening floods, tornadoes. E F four's just debris being carried for miles. We can handle a little thunderstorm in the afternoon. You know, Michael Monks joins us now from KFI News and he is covering the story that we tell Yesterday, talked to Matt Smith down the.
Speaker 2: Hall at KLAC because he's a.
Speaker 1: Surfer, and he had mentioned that the sea lions are behaving crazy and it seems to be this toxic algae that is causing the problem locally. Michael, and this stuff isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Speaker 5: It's not going anywhere anytime soon. It's the worst it's been. It's been happening for years, but this has been a heavy volume of sea lions. And by the way, it's not just sea lions that are getting sick. Dolphins are getting sick now. They've got dozens of dolphins that have been impacted by this, and birds are also getting sick from this. And I did talk to Dave Bator, he's a marine biologist at the Marine Mammal Care Center in San Pedro's webs news throughout the day on this and I'll have a full interview with him on Saturday night during Michael Monks reports at seven o'clock. He says that their facility is at capacity and so his staff is basically having to make some very difficult decisions when they're called out to the beach to respond to more sick because they have to decide which ones.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like they got a triage the situation.
Speaker 5: They're triaging the situation. It's absolutely terrible, and people naturally want to help, right So if you are somebody on the beach that day and you see a six sea lion, what are your instincts maybe to approach it, and they tell you not to do that, just to call one of those facilities instead and get some help. That's especially true for dolphins, which might tuget your heartstrings. Let's let's be clear. I mean animals rank at different levels on our heartstrings. You woh, I would taste a dolphin? You would taste dolphin? You know, they know what they did, They know what they did.
Speaker 2: What did they do?
Speaker 5: They know what they did? Okay, But dolphins do not typically Dolphins do not typically come to shore, right, So if you see one on the beach, that's a serious problem. Sea lions are common on the beach on the shore, the dolphins are not.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 5: Dave Batter told me that if a doll often is washed up on the short don't go to it because it has basically given up out in the water and has washed up and to leave it be right. Dozens of them though, that's a biohazard situation, absolute biohazard situation, and it's just it's very sad. So what this algae bloom does, the sickness that's in the water for them, it gets into their neurosystem, their neurological system, and it does it makes them go they're acting crazy because they've gone crazy. So you've seen attacks by sea lions, you know, you don't want to How do you tell that story? I got attacked by the sea.
Speaker 1: Was telling Matt yesterday because he said that he was out there surfing and a sea lion kind of got close to him most acting weird. And I said, what did you say the sea lion? He's like, well, I'm embarrassed to say it, but I did look at him and I said, hey, buddy, what's going on? What's going on over there?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? I mean, we would all probably do the same thing. What do you do?
Speaker 1: But what a great story said, is there part of you that wishes that sea lion took a bite out of you, just so you have a story to tell it, you know, happy hour.
Speaker 5: It seems similar to like walking through parts of downtown LA and all of the craziness that you might encounter. It's the same kind of psychological issues, and that these sea lions are going through it. They might not hurt you, right, they might don't go close to it, and there are numbers that you can call and hopefully these marine biologists can get to them in time and help save them struggling.
Speaker 1: Is that why you live downtown, just for a little bit of danger, Like maybe, just just maybe I get stabbed today and then I have a story to tell.
Speaker 5: You know, when you move to Los Angeles with a dream, you do have to accept the possibility of it not panning out. And I just wanted to be as close to possible to the underpass I might live under if it all goes to hell, so I don't have to walk very far. If I lived in Burbank, you know, that's a bit of a hike to find the place where I would burrow, right where.
Speaker 2: I would burrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, so tell me about Michael Monks reports. It is every weekend, every Saturday night.
Speaker 5: Saturday night seven and nine. Been doing it since the fall excited about it, get a couple of hours to chit chat. Maybe you can be a guest sometimes I'd love to spare the time. I would love to have Shannon.
Speaker 1: All I do is wait for dev to text me about the latest sex show I should watch.
Speaker 2: And that's essentially my life.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's going on with those text threads. But we have to call her Lady Deborah. Now we're gonna get into Lady Deborah's.
Speaker 2: If I'm her lady's maid, don't I call myself Deborah? Or what?
Speaker 4: You would be?
Speaker 5: First name? Only you wouldn't be miss right right right west. For example, you would be Lady Shannon, okay, and I would be Lady Michael. Oh no, no, you would just be Shannon and I would.
Speaker 2: Be She's the lady. She's Lady Mary.
Speaker 5: But you would be a lady's maid. But she's the lady and you're the maid.
Speaker 2: I would love to dress Deborah. Could you imagine?
Speaker 5: I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: I would love that if I could wake up with like as Deborah, I would actually like to dress every morning.
Speaker 2: What would how would you dress me?
Speaker 5: I'd like it's great about that era.
Speaker 2: I mean you dress great? You dress yourself. I do if it worked, kick out the outfit.
Speaker 5: Pick out the outfits, but just you know, not just get ready to go to work. Right, you're getting dressed by breakfast. I know you're getting dressed for lunch.
Speaker 2: And then there's the late supper.
Speaker 1: Don't forget about that one in the middle of then when there's so much trumpets, too much, No, because you're gonna go through like six different outfits in one day, and I get to pick them, and.
Speaker 5: I'll just be working on the earl.
Speaker 2: What do you do? You you just you just pick out.
Speaker 5: The vallot I'll steam the earl's jackets. Do you think we I think we would beat an earl's house, not like we wouldn't make duke house. And I don't think Debora would be the daughter of a duke. I think she'd be the daughter of a I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what the hierarchy is the Dolphin Lands.
Speaker 5: Duke is the highest, and it's viscount and then it's earl and then it's okay, so who would be?
Speaker 2: So who would I be with?
Speaker 5: You would be? I think you would be an earl's daughter, but you might marry a duke.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is like Game of Thrones, but different, A little different, little different.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I don't talk much about down now beyond Saturday Nights. I would love to, but it's.
Speaker 2: On the agenda. Just the sea lions that are eating people.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna have an interview with the sea lion guy about what's going on there. State Senator Tony Strickland is coming on and.
Speaker 2: Talk about do you have any fun on Saturday?
Speaker 5: I love Saturday nights. It's a different vibe here on the weekends, is it. Yeah, it's quiet, none of you people running around.
Speaker 2: You stick to just like hard news the whole time.
Speaker 5: I like to mix it up like a news magazine. Oh, a hard news lifestyle.
Speaker 2: You end with something fun. I try to and what's that.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised that we get as many talkbacks as we do on the weekends, but people listen and I love that, and they interact, so I usually pose a question at the top. Okay, last week I talked about and again I don't want to get in trouble for revisiting. I know we've got some business with the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: I talked about Steve Gregory and a first coach.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I was curious as a transplant about is there a disparity in the media coverage of the Angels and the Dodgers, for example.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeh, because nobody cares about the age.
Speaker 5: And I wanted to know why, because I'm leaning towards being an Angels fan, as I pick a team here in southern California and leave the Reds behind, and I think I like the Angel's colors red, and I like an underdog. I'm an underdog, okay. And so the Angels are great. It's a great franchise, it's a great organization. It's a great it used to be a great I.
Speaker 1: Haven't been there in years, but a great experience of the ballpark, family friendly, all of that thing, reasonable prices.
Speaker 2: But you're not going to bleed out for the Angels.
Speaker 1: You're not going to get to the level of fandom where you're going to want to jump off a roof when they lose the way that I felt in Miami. You know, you're not going to get to the point where you unleash a tirade of expletives that you didn't even know you knew over the Angels. So it's just not going to happen for you. So I guess that's a fandom.
Speaker 5: Is I like the Gentleman's game. I like the Gentleman. I don't even know why you're still here.
Speaker 1: That's Eric, he's so, he's got a lot of scars.
Speaker 5: Eric actually was the first guy to put me in my place here when I suggested this, I think many months ago. I was asking him because he's a Dodgers Yeah right, And I said, you know, can I be an Angels fan? And Eric, I don't know if you remember what you said. I said no, because you're like, they're not even in LA. Yeah, no, they're not in LA. I dispute that, you know, because.
Speaker 1: The only Angels in LA are in heaven and they're rooting for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: That was Tommy Lasorda. That was not me.
Speaker 5: That's cute, but that franchise was born in southern California.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Dodgers are in California. Yeah, but it's not Los Angeles. You live in downtown LA. You have to wrap the Dodgers, you know.
Speaker 2: You can't walk.
Speaker 1: Around freaking skid row where you live with a freaking Angels hat on.
Speaker 5: I think I'm vibing with Orange County from afar.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think, I am.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's for you either.
Speaker 5: I mean it might be.
Speaker 2: Huh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: Here's what I know. The Dodgers.
Speaker 2: One, I see you in like a treehouse in Silver Lake or something. Eventually a treehouse I put.
Speaker 5: But keep in mind probably.
Speaker 1: A nice a nice tree house, you know what I'm talking about, A glamping type tree.
Speaker 2: They have this, I know I've read about. These are millions of dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you're insulting me. That's okay. Did you marry rich? No?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a problem.
Speaker 5: The money in this relationship. Can you believe that? Oh my god? Reaction. That's why Deborah is on the upstairs and we're in the downstairs. I did sell newspapers.
Speaker 2: We do this for fun.
Speaker 1: Thank you anyway, No, no, that's not a thing. Okay. So Michael Monks is show Michael Monks Reports. It will be Saturday night from seven to nine right here on.
Speaker 2: K f I.
Speaker 1: We'll talk swamp watch quickly. Oh, we come back to Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 5: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap