Speaker 1: This is May twenty twenty two, and so I think one of his final acts may be pardoning his son.
Speaker 2: Clay Travis, said Buck Sexton today at noon on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Five O five.
Speaker 2: A fifty five k r C the talk station, Happy Monday. Serious and of my vacation away, some says say, will it is a vacation.
Speaker 4: This winter is coming.
Speaker 2: It's here. Thank you to Kevin Gordon and Dan Carroll for covering for me while I was on vacation. Boy at that time just goes by like instantaneously. Anyway, Brian Thomas is glad to be back here at work and of course very very very happy to pull in the garage this morning after a treacherous drive onto the work and see Joe Strecker's vehicle there. He had the foresight to stay at a hotel close by. I need to go into the the the the oil that the machine here needs to be properly running. But I presume Joe will ultimately get reimbursed for something that he was told he was allowed to do. Anyway, fingers crossed on that Joe Strecker. Good to see him, man, I hope you had enjoyed the time off or whatever time you had off, if any, and then you enjoy the peace and quiet of an empty building. Apparently that's pretty much what was going on around here for the past at least a week or so. Anyway, if you care to call, I would love to hear from you, which is always the case. Five one, three, seven, nine fifty eight hundred and eight two to three talker with tund fight fifty on at and t funds. Go back to the roads. Yeah, my commute is not that long normally, you know, less than fifteen minutes from my driveway to pull in here to eighty forty four Montgomery Road. But it is not a good place to be on the road today. So many of them look like they've been shoveled once, although the accumulation built up after the first shoveling, so you know, I'm driving through like three four inches of snow. Sometimes, you know, when people are shoveling their respective businesses, they push the snow out into the middle of Montgomery Road. So you got some giant piles and the night to drive right through those. But fortunately my wife's car is all wheel drive, so I drove that one this morning because I think I'd be in a ditch somewhere if I had to take my car because it's three wheel drive. Anyhow, the best thing to do is just not go out. That's easy for some to say. If you have the option, though, please give them some time to get the roads taken care of, at least better than they are right now. Not a great place to be anyway. So they got a storm warning remains ineffected until midnight tonight, heavy mixed precipitation, additional snow and sleep accumulation. They're saying between two and four inches ice accumulations up to one tenth of an inch. That'll suck. They're saying it's covering portions of southeast Indiana, northern Kentucky, south central and southwest Ohio. So you know, basically the circle around greater Cincinnati area, and it lasts until midnight tonight. So plan on the slippery road conditions, has its conditions, and it will certainly impact the commute this morning and as well as evening commutes, so be prepared. And one of the warnings was saying keep an extra flash light. How many flashlights you have in your car, Joe, do you have to? Really? We'll get one more, it says keep an extra flashlight in there. I never even considered a flashlight. Maybe that's something I should consider. And we also consider putting some food and water in your vehicle just in case of emergency. That of course makes sense. Yes, bread and milk, and it's cold enough out there. As long as your heater's not onto the car'll it'll maintain the freshness of the milk anyway, So you know, and I guess there's probably no schools open. You can get a five ks dot com get the school closure list. Although with modern technology, I'm sure if you have a school age child, you probably already got a text saying don't come in today, schools closed. At least, you know, in this particular case, I can at least justify the schools being closed, having just experienced pretty terrible road conditions on roads that are pretty much maintained, you know, first order, like Montgomery Road, for example. I did not get on the expressway I normally do. So I have no idea what seventy one is like. And again, to the extent you can avoid it, don't go out and find out on your own. And as this messive storm inundates most of the Midwest. They're still going to swear in Donald Trump today, according to House Speaker Mike Johnson. Least he said that yesterday. The Electoral count Act requires this on January sixth on on PMS. Whether we're in a blizzard or not, we're going to be in that chamber making sure this is done. So saith speaker, and he's confirmed. Mike Johnson, do you only hold out Congressman Thomas Massey? What do you think about that? You know? And and to that end, I had a lot of people were asking you about that, and honestly, say what you want about Johnson. It's probably best for the Republicans generally speaking to have accepted Johnson, keep them in position so they can move forward with a smooth transition into actually getting something done on behalf of the American people, like cutting the size and the scope of government. Again, I'm excited about Doge and you know, Joe Strecker putting out the entire Rand Paul Festivus report, and you know, I think you have every right, every right and I don't know how this this is beyond political perspective. To be frankly, I can say at the five o'clock are pissed off when you read what you have worked for that our elected officials have paid your your labor. And I always expressed it in terms of labor. You went to work, they taxed your earnings. They literally you're a slave to the federal government to whatever extent they want. And when you read about what they spend your labor on, I'm surprised we haven't had like I mean, I remember the tea party days, and boy, weren't we all excited about that. A new tea party springing from the original one. About taxes, I mean, no, dump a MT into the ocean. A revolt is almost in order on this kind of thing. When you read what they've spent your money on, it should be in order. I can only pray and hope that this new administration actually can do something about this. We are drowning in debt. Congressional Budget Office predicts we will add an average of two point one trillion dollars in debt annually for the next decade. Now that's a quote from the summary of the Happy Festivus Report from Rand Paul. But think about that. The Congressional Budget Office predicts only ten years out. That's where they stop This doesn't mean after ten years we're gonna stop spending an additional two point one trillion dollars average. It's going to continue on into the foreseeable future, even the unforseeable future. That's just where the CBO decides to stop looking. But isn't that bad enough. Acquard to a July House Budget Committee for the United States government will add over get a load of this six point four billion dollars of debt every single day for the next ten years, again stopping at ten years, because they don't look further than that, borrowing two hundred and sixty eight million dollars every hour, which translates to four point five million dollars every minute and seventy four four hundred and one dollars every single second. When the mic came on at five oh five, it's five thirteen right now. I could do the math on that. That is just an just an amazing amount of money that we have added to our debt. That's beyond what they take from in taxes. This is excess so that we can spend it on what nailing cats spinning dishes to see what happens to them, so that we can promote circuses in city parks so that we can pay the Royal Film Commission almost nine hundred thousand dollars for movies in Jordan. That's a Department of State expenditure. I mean, it's just when you read it, you're like, no way, there's this, This can't happen. How does someone get a grant for this kind of crap? We spend twenty million. You you went to work or driving in treacherous road conditions a day to get to work so they can take a chunk of your salary out to spend twenty million dollars on Allan Simson, which is a new sesame street in Iraq, Iraq. I mean, I laugh, It's just it's the absurdity of this. National Science Foundations spend almost three hundred thousand dollars to ensure bird watching groups have safe spaces, i e. Affinity groups. I strongly encourage you to get a copy of the report. I mean, Rand Paul does it every single year, and these many years as he's been doing it, has it changed or has it gotten worse? I think it's gotten worse. And no, this is not affiliated with one party or another, it's both. This is what you get when you get you continuing resolutions rather than doing appropriations bills. This is what you get when you finish matters up at the eleventh hour, so you can go back and celebrate whatever holiday you're celebrating as an elected official, rather than get the job done that you were hired to do via an election. Which job you knew about when you took an oath of office. Oh yeah, that's right. Look, job number one, twelve appropriations bills. I got a full year to do it. Now we're just going to shove it on to continued resolution so we can continue to fund I don't know, transgender ice skating events that's actually on here. The National Endowment for the Arts awarded the Bearded Ladies Cabaret a ten thousand dollars grant to support a cabaret show on ice skates that's focused on climate change. Does that not make your head hurt? And does that not make you angry? Oh, it's only ten thousand dollars. Ten thousand dollars. They spill more than that in five minutes. No, in five minutes, they spill what's the number on that, four point five million every minute? No, that attributed to these seventy four thousand, four hundred and one thousand dollars every second, ten thousand dollars of it went to bearded transvestites on ice singing or dancing or skating while focusing on climate change. Man, I'm telling you what and that's just the tip of the batcrap and saying iceberg we're dealing with this morning five three seven four fifty eight two three talk. Mark is on the phone. Mark, you'll be first out of the gate, and happy new Year to everybody, first out of the gate calendar year twenty twenty five. I'll be right back after these brief fortestation is five twenty on the Monday. Brian Thomas enjoyed my vacation, but I am glad to be back to work. Always enjoy talking to you. Two five one three seven four fifty two to three talk count five fifty on at and T fun Mark, Thanks for holding over the brake and happy new Year to you. Welcome to the show, Hey Brian, good to have you back, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 5: I'm driving into work now. I live up in Union County, Indiana. Now you were talking three to four inches and uh on our roads up here, they don't plow them or if they did. They blow back. They blew back over on our road leading out to twenty seven, I went through snow drifts three to four foot high.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what kind of gre are you in a four wheel drive vehicle or something like a jeep?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm in a I'm in a little four granger with four wheel drive. Okay, Yeah, it's it's uh, it's I mean, if you have front wheel drive or two wheel drive this morning twenty seven down through Oxford, it maybe the roads or snow covered, they're plowing them, but where the wind is and drifting, that's that's the issue right.
Speaker 5: Now, at least up in Indiana northern Ohio there. But but yeah, it's uh, I mean, the roads are covered, but if you have the right kind of tires. And I've done a lot of driving in this kind of weather, so it doesn't really bother me. But one of the things I wanted to bring up, and everything you're saying about the government and what they spend. I'm not gonna waste any time repeating what you've already said, but you're one hundred percent correct that does need to be changed, and uh that that stuff has got to stop. One I called for it is bugged me all weekend. I had heard something about ESPN had cut the feed on the Sugar Bowl when they were doing the national anthem and a moment of silence for the victims in New Orleans. Yeah, then when we sat down to watch the Bengals game, as soon as they amnnounced what they were getting ready to do the TV pros and so my wife texted one of our friends and said, hey, did your TV you know, did your programming stop? And he said, yeah, it's frozen. And as soon as the girl was finishing up the national anthem, it came back on. So ESPN was part of that broadcast and did it again. And I'll tell you, I don't know what their problem is, but I've never liked ESPN from the day they were invented. I don't know, just never really like the station. But I will never turn on ESPN again because I know some radio talk show hosts were talking about it late last week and maybe Saturday morning. But yeah, if you look into that, or has somebody look into that, you'll see that they did that again during the Bengals game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I did watch the game. I don't recall that happening though I can't say that I had my eyes glued to the screen from the very beginning of the game to the end. But I did hear a lot because it was widely reported about ESPN cutting away from the national anthem and the moment of silence for the New Orleans folks don't understand why they would do that, It really don't. I don't know whose interest they think they're serving, you know. It's it's like, for example, if a corporation takes a political stand, you sort of scratch your head and you wait, wait a second, why. I mean, you have customers across the political spectrum. Doesn't seem to me and be in your best interest to take a, you know, an out loud political stand, regardless of which side of the ledger you happen to be on. So unless, of course, you just want to serve a particular political biased audience. But sports sports doesn't have a political stripe, does it? Mark at least it shouldn't. I mean, of all the organizations, ESPN should be least likely to take a political stand about anything like that.
Speaker 5: So and well, I'll tell you when Colin. When Colin Kaepernick did what he did, I stopped watching the NFL for probably five to seven years.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: And that's no joke. I would not turn it on for nothing. And I just recently started watching it again. But if the NFL goes down that path again, and believe me, some of their little messaging and the crap that they want to sit there and promote that, you know, just I forget the violence and the one love and all this crap. You know, I don't even want to see any of that. And so if they go down that road again, I have no problem turning it off. But I did not watch NFL, like I said, it had to be at least seven years.
Speaker 2: My wife my boat.
Speaker 5: Actually and understand.
Speaker 2: I understand that.
Speaker 5: Ain't It's not imperative in my life that I have to watch it.
Speaker 2: I get it all day long. And that's one of the reasons I get really really angry about your dollars, my dollars, or anybody's taxpayer dollars being used to build giant, epic, multi billion dollars stadiums for individuals who own the football teams who probably could well afford to do it themselves. Anyhow, Thanks for the call, Mark, I appreciate it. Yeah, do you really need it? In your life, Phil, Hang on, buddy, i'mount a time in this segment, but I'd love to hear what you have to say. I got local stories as well. But Phil, fe don't mind holding for a moment, take quick break, be right back. This is what's happening.
Speaker 4: This was an act of terrorists.
Speaker 7: Stay current, they will not much as attacker the attackers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't go out on the roads. There's your nine warning forecast anyway. Winter storm morning in effect on midnight today. We got snow continuing until the afternoon, one to five additional inches of accumulation. Additional that is twenty eight degrees for the high down to eleven overnight to be breezy. Tomorrow's high twenty six partly cloudy and breezy overnight down to six singular degrees and a high a twenty four on Wednesday with mostly clotty skies. Right now is twenty three degrees. Please tempty about here, CD Talk Station Wednesday listener lunch High Green Breweries, Brentwood brewpob Lope to see you there. It's gonna be a good time. And to the phones we go. Fight Wing three seven four two three talk. Promise Phil he'd be first, Phil, thanks for holding over the break there. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 8: Happy New Year, Yay, Happy New Year to you too, Brian and everyone around.
Speaker 5: And the thing, I'm uh.
Speaker 8: What color you see it? Every year? Every year, you can go back twenty years whatever.
Speaker 5: They all like, this is winter time and they.
Speaker 8: And the roads man here, they ain't PLoud them, they won't do nothing. I live on mary Ingram Highway. I'm up here on twenty seven too. They they knew this was coming. They haven't touched anything. And I don't understand. I mean, he you pay for it. I mean I can get on one of them dag on things and drive.
Speaker 5: It and clear the road.
Speaker 8: I mean they're going up and down the road here, Ryan, what their their plow up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I passed one of those on the way into work this morning, the plow up. And I you know, just because the vehicle's got a plow on, it doesn't mean it's a municipal vehicle. Just because the vehicle is a plow on, even it's a municipal vehicle, doesn't mean it's a sign to that particular road. It's like the peace of God, my brother. I don't have any idea how they allocate plow responsibilities. What I do know that is is just and I'll give them credit. Because the road I came down, Montgomery Road, it had obviously been plowed at some point, but with the snow continuing to fall, and it's coming down pretty good, you're gonna get additional a few inches of accumulation virtually no time. So that's what I was experiencing. I was experiencing the three to four inches of snow that had come down after they sent the plow on Montgomery Road. So you know, I and Phil, we all just got a roll with it, right, And I feel sorry for people have to go. You have to get out and go to work.
Speaker 8: Get summertime again. Everybody's wine and man, Brian, everybody's wine and in wine? Am I get real?
Speaker 5: Wake up?
Speaker 8: This is what is called Ohio, Kentucky. This happens every year.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, and today it's actually, you know it's well today, at least today we can say without hesitation that they appropriately called school off because the roads are in fact treacherous. You know, last time they called school off, it was because it was twenty five degrees out, Like, wait a second, you called school off because it's cold out. Going back to your point, Phil, it's winter time in the greater Cincinnati area. Guess what, It's gonna be cold at some point, Lord.
Speaker 5: Grade school. I was in grade school.
Speaker 8: I locked up the heel both ways up hell in snow up to my knees. Now, moll the little whimps. They making little whims out of our little kids.
Speaker 2: Man, Oh yeah, well that's certainly certainly true. Well wait till the power goes off. I'll get to the article later. But it sounds to me like we've got really really, really really treacherous and concerning news about the Chinese Communist Party and their ability to completely shut down our ports and our power grid. I'll get to that in a six o'clock hour. So maybe we have to deal with life without electricity. Anyhow, Hang in there, Phil, be careful out there, and if you know, if I'm used, I don't mind driving in the snow. I mean it can be manageable. You just have to know what you're doing. If you're a decent, good driver, you're accomplished and you understand, then it is possible to get out there. I just don't recommend it if you can avoid it, and it helps to have a vehicle with four wheel or all wheel drive, and there's no question about it. And as I pointed out when I opened the show this, I'm not quite sure I would be able to make it navigating the roads I had to drive down if I had to drive my car rear wheel drive. So fortunately my wife has an all wheel drive car. Anyhow, hang in there and be real careful. Five point three seven four nine fifty five hundred two three to one pound fact fifty on AT and T phones remember fifty five cars dot com. You're over there to get the podcast. If you enjoyed hearing Dan Carroll Kevin Gordon, you can check them out more fundamentally, get your iHeart media app. While you're there, see can listen wherever you happen to be, like, for example, if you're in your car stranded somewhere over to local story. Special prosecutor found that allegations made my Democratic Ohio Representative Cecil Thomas before the November election against Hamilton County prosecuting Melissa Powers were entirely quote baseless, close quote shocking.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 2: One thirteen page report filed late Monday by Klemon County Prosecutor Mark to Culvey who was appointed last month a special prosecutor. He found that Thomas has sworn Avid David in support of his claims quote was filed in bad faith closse quote vote. In a statement from Powers said it was shameful that these allegations were taken seriously by anyone from the start, saying this was nothing more than a politically motivated hit designed to influence the outcome of Novembers election, and it has been dismissed correctly for the sham that it is. Thomas's allegations filed November fourth, four days before the election, Powers ended up losing to Connie Pillage thanks a lot Hamilton County voters, first Democrat the whole prosecutor's office in nearly a century. She won fifty one point three to forty eight point seven. Notably, until recently, wasn't even licensed to practice law in the state of Ohio. We lost a good one most of Powers losing that election. Powers also said she's evaluating legal options in her words, to remedy the damage this act has caused. Thomas alleged that Power, as a former juvenile court judge back day a court entry in a case in twenty twenty one. Powers said she simply had corrected a clerical error in order to preserve juvenile's right to appeal one of her decisions to call. His investigation found that Heaven Kind of Juvenile Courts computer system does not allow users to backdate entries. If Powers had wanted information on the doc had change, you have had to first request it in writing. There was no such request in the case, according to the now closed report. Assistant City Manager and Tasha Hampton came to the job amid questions about her past job performance. She resigned This story from December thirty First, we're dealing with some older news here, said she Announcement Department on social media site linked In, submitted a resignation to city manager share a long quote, I have decided to pursue new professional opportunities in align with my long term career goals and personal aspirations. Well, in an unrelated article, we have a list of the highest pay jobs in Hamilton County. Maybe she's going to be pursuing an assistant County Corners job, which we find out that the County Corners assistant the deputy Corners the top one, two, three, four, five, six, The top six highest paid Hamilton County salaries for countar year twenty twenty four all our deputy corners. Interestingly enough, the actual corner makes about half what the deputy corners make. You figure that one out. Doctor Leuximi Somarco makes one hundred and fifty three nine and eighty four dollars a year. Deputy corners make between two hundred and forty one and two hundred and eighty thousand dollars a year. Does that sound right? Five thirty five coming to five thirty six to fifty five KCD talk stations stick around plenty to talk about. Oh look, stack is stupid and a pretty sizeable one at that. I'll be right back, run a business.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: Winter storm warning in effect till midnight. What they're saying is in another one to five inches more snow. Snow will continue until the afternoon high twenty eight, overnight lowville welling degrees going to be breezy as well and have partly cloudy sky's. It'll be breezy tomorrow high of twenty six, overnight low of six. It can be cold just thinking about it. Twenty four to the high on ones they with mostly cloudy skuys is twenty three right now in time four first traffic from the.
Speaker 11: UC Traffic Center. You see how Waitball Center offers comprehensive obcdcare and an advanced SURGIT expertise called five one three nine three nine two sixty three nine twenty two sixty three. It is a rough morning if you have to go out to drive only one lane available in most cases that's clear on the highways. Even with that northbound seventy five, there's an accident in the cut in the hill that has the right two lanes blocked off. Left lane is open into downtown. Chuck Kingbram Month fifty five KRE seen the talk station by.
Speaker 2: Forty at five KRC Decalk Station. A very happy Monday to you, Ryan Thomas Cloud to be back, wishing everybody a very happy New Year. Thanks again to Kevin Gordon, Dan Carroll for company. While I was staring at the back of my eyelids, left in late every single day and it was so awesome, nothing like vacation in sleeping in late. So starting nineteenth year radio this year, I'm still not used to get up a two thirty in the morning, but I love hearing from you. Going to go straight to the phones right now five one three, seven fifty two three Talk New Hampshire, Gary, Happy New Year to you. Good to hear from you this morning.
Speaker 10: Welcome back, Brian, Thanks man from you.
Speaker 7: Dan.
Speaker 10: Carl did a pretty good job too while you were gone. I'm miss both you and Joe. You guys are a great team.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, well, it's well deserved. On your case, I'll just talk a little bit about the snow of being from New Hampshire living up here for the last fifteen years. You know, uh, they do a really good job clearing theadways up here. The only time you'll really get any clog is if you're getting more than two or three inches an hour. You know, you get three inches. They do something called gang gang club. They do gang plowing up here, which.
Speaker 2: That phrasing again, sorry man, roll with Strucker's o.
Speaker 10: I'm with it. But it's it's very common to see four and five trucks plowing the snow all together, and you'll see several gangs. And on the secondary you know, for the main highways and Class A roads and then for the secondary roads still contract out to small contractors only for the day at snow's and they'll be doing the side streets and salting and it is it's just like they do like uh, the runways on uh you know at airport you see five of them and make cleaning off the roads. I mean, look at the split and they've got it down to a science up here to where you guys just don't get that kind of snow.
Speaker 2: See there, that's the nail on the head right there. We hardly I mean we get snow, of course, but you know, the number of days we get really serious snow like this are few and far between. So to have you know, all of the equipment that would require that so called gang plowing, and all the resources and and and you know, and humanity responsible for operating everything, I mean, that's that's a I mean, for a state like New Hampshire, you get a lot of snow all the time. I can see certainly the justification for the taxpayer dollars. But if it only happens like once or twice a winter season, obviously you're not going to have as well oiled a machine. And that's I think what we're facing right here this morning. Uh, and we and keeping up with the snow as you point out, man. I mean it's still coming down. We're going to get one to five additional inches today on top of what they've already plowed over. So I just you know, they get overwhelmed. I think that's where we are right now. I'm not going to go pointing fingers or casting blame on anyone, but uh what what more can you do except just roll with it? Right? So you got a lot of snow in New Hampshire, Gary.
Speaker 5: Oh boy.
Speaker 10: The first year we moved up here, me and my wife is after I retired from the military in twenty thirteen. We bought a three hundred year old house and it has the original roof, so there was a little bit of concern with that that I went out and you know, we got fourteen inches and I cleared the you know, we got the snow blower and the equipment, and I cleared off all the you know, the driveway, the sidewalk and everything, and then I thought I was done. I was heading my way into the house and then we got another sixteen inches of snow. I literally got a little panic because that's a lot of weight on the roof. Yeah, and you know, we actually.
Speaker 2: You live in New Hampshire. You bought a couple of hundred year old house that has been in New Hampture for that many hundreds of years, and the roof has held up after years and years and years and years of that kind of snowfall. I think you're probably pretty good shape. It's withstood the test of time.
Speaker 10: I literally got a picture of me because all the snow comes off the roof and the snow is higher than the roof. I was like, you know, I'm a young, strong guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I'll tell you what. I'm gonna look outside now and go, man, no big deal. Yeah, I'm sure Gary. God bless you, sir. Thanks for calling in this morning in a very happy new year, to look forward to further conversations down the road, and parenthetically, thank you for your service to our country. Appreciate that. QC Kinetics, how about starting now twenty twenty five, getting rid of the same old joint pain you've been dealing with for lord knows how long been to the doctor? How many times? How many injections did you get? Steroids? That kind of thing, maybe pain medications, and then your doctor starts mentioning surgery, sury and youet a lot of downtime when it comes to surgery, how about trying something dishing. It's something different. QC Kinetics, the nation's leader in regeneritive medicine and joint preservation, are now here in Cincinnati and you can revitalize your joints with advance or though biologic treatments at QC Kinetics. In other words, no steroids or drugs or surgery. This is the future of medicine, using an array of natural solutions like PRP to attack the pain from arthritis. Thanks to QC Kinetics, thousands of people have discovered these cellular treatments, living life again. This is an in office procedure using your own natural biologics to deal with the pain, and it's worked for so many people. Why not learn more about how you can refresh your joints get lasting relief with these amazing treatments. Just call QC Kinetics for a free you heard the word right, free consultation. Hey, before you go into the knife, it's worth talking to them. Deal with joint pain now so you can make the most of the new year twenty twenty five without pain. Call QC Kinetic five one three eighty four seven zero zero one nine five one three eighty four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. Here's your nine first one of well the hor cash. We got a winter storm warning and effect until midnight tonight, expecting an additional one two five inches more snow than what we have out there already. I have twenty eight today down to eleven overnight breezy. It'll be partly cloudy tomorrow breezy as well, at a high twenty six down to six singular degrees Tuesday night and on Wednesday mostly cloud's in a high twenty four twenty three. Right now, time for traffick from the uc UP Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: And you see howth Waightfall Center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced surgical expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. It's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. It is not a good day for travel. If you can stay at home, do that. If you have to go out, you're going to need plenty of extra time. Right now, Cruis are working with an acient in northbound seventy five in the cut. The right two lanes are blocked up single file to get by on the left, Chuck Ingram N fifty five KRCV talk station.
Speaker 2: By forty nine. Ifif you about KRCD talk station, Happy Monday, just don't go outside if you can avoid it. That sound advice to Chuck Ingram there. Seriously, there's no reason to go out if you don't absolutely have to go out to stay the heck off the roads. So even if you have a four wheel drive vehicle and are capable of driving in, if you don't have to go out, don't add to the potential problems. Over to the stack of stupid got A pizza delivery driver allegedly stabbed a pregnant woman multiple times at a Florida motel after a dispute over a tip. Twenty two old Brienna Alvella charge was stabbing the woman in a motel room in the Kissimi City south of Orlando, Florida, corner of the Oskolis County Sheriff's I was attack happened after the victim ordered a pizza from a local restaurant. Sheriff's respond to the reports of a home invasion and a stabbing at the Riviera Motel. They got to the scene, they discovered a victim with multiple stab wounds. After the investigation, they revealed that Alvello attacked the woman shortly after she delivered the pizza. Quote became upset about the tip that she had received. Close quote that's the cord of the report from the Sheriff's office, what the hell. She returned to the victim's motel room armed with a knife, accompanied by an unknown male suspect who was packing a firearm. They forced their way in a motel room and began attacking the victim corner of the sheriff's department. The victims stabbed multiple times and some items were also taken from the room. Victim taken to local hospital, currently in stable condition at least as of the reporting on this one. Originally, the victim, along with a boyfriend and her five year old daughter, were at the motel saying there celebrating a birthday. Corner to the court documents, when Alvella delivered the pizza cost thirty three dollars, the victim gave a fifty dollars bill and asked for change. Court document said Alvello told victim that she did not have changed, so the victim searched her wallet for smaller bills. The victim then allegedly gave Alvello a two dollars tipped, prompting Alvella to roll her eyes and walk away. Then she returned later with the man, both wearing face masks, forcing themselves into the room again with a gun too, told the victim's boyfriend to go into the bathroom before they rummaged through the victim's belongings. So victim tried to shield her daughter from the suspects when Alvello allegedly stabbed her. She was stabbed fourteen times, later discovered she was pregnant. While receiving treatment from her roounds at the hospital, a Vella arrested. The Sheriff's office said man was ledgedly with her during the attack. Has yet to be identified, at least as a reporting from a week or two ago, facing charge of attempted murder, home invasion with the firearm, kidnapping, aggravated assault. Online inmate records show that she's being held at the Ossicola County Jail on a fifty five thousand dollars bond, does not have an attorney. That's a premeditated there they left and then came back armed with the intent to perpetrate a crime. Jeez Wheeze Over, a tip man, was arrested for allegedly engaging in what they described as discordly conduct at two churches in Saint Mary's County, Maryland, including pouring whiskey into the holy water. Court to police report, Thomas Campbell Bowling von Getz, fifty six, broke in the Holy Angels Catholic Church during Christmas Eve mass. Man allegedly reproached the altar and dropped an onion in the aisle as a tradition, which is one of the counts of disturbing the peace. Later, when a citizen followed Van Getz to make sure he left the church, he assaulted him by throwing tangerines.
Speaker 5: At him as a tradition.
Speaker 2: Report from Saint Mary's County Sheriff's Office also revealed that later that night, Von Getz interrupted the midnight mass services at Saint Francis Xavier Catholic Church, where he poured whiskey into the holy water and threatened to harm parishioners as a tradition. Dan and his church goers escorted him out of the building. He unsuccessfully attempted He hit several people with a whiskey bottle. As a tradition, parishioners detained vanguettes until the officers arrive. He was taken to MedStar Saint Mary's Hospital for a medical evaluation, finally arrested, now facing charges of second degree assault, obstruction of a religious exercise, and religious offense against a group, among others.
Speaker 4: The Arithtocrats.
Speaker 2: All right, I don't know if anybody listening audience believes that Bigfoot actually exists. Wake Up Headline. Two men found dead from exposure after looking for a sasquatch. Both men from Portland, reported missing by a family member on Christmas Day, set to return for I'm searching for the legendary grease or eachure in eastern Scamania County on Christmas Eve. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. Hey, what are you going to do for Christmas? Search party in the woods looking for sasquatch. Search launch and vehicle associated with the two men was found on a road near Willard, Washington, a Willard Wash whatever. After a three day search involving more than sixty people, the bodies of both men, thirty seven and fifty nine years old, were found in Grifford Pinshawn National Forest located in the southwestern part of Washington State, described as a heavily wooded area. Cause of death appears to be exposure based on weather conditions and ill preparedness and general stupidity. Apparently they had a bunch of snow and rain temperatures in the thirties across cascades in days leading up to the men being reported missing. The search of the men also took place in in difficult terrain, harsh weather conditions is cruise face conditions such as freezing temperature, snow, and high water levels. Bigfoot, go ahead, Ron, thank you, Joe. Yeah, once you're out there looking for big Foot, on, don't you search for the lizard people that you think run society or something. Five fifty five coming up with five fifty six fifty five cares to detalk station plenty to talk about in the six o'clock iur love to hear from you. Remember High Grain Breweries, brent Wood Brewpub. That's what we're going to be for listening to lunch this coming Wednesday, High Green Breweries, brent Wood Brewpup. My understanding is that was the former Brentwood Bowl. Anyone written road right off of Reagan, so it should be pretty easy to get to, and I hear good things about it. The menu seems pretty comprehensive. So let's kick the year off right. Hope to see a listener to lunch on Wednesday. I'll be right back, man be peg.
Speaker 1: There's no shortage of stuff to talk about in twenty twenty five. I'm so excited at the conversation is happening here on fifty five KRC the talkstation.
Speaker 2: New Year, New Year, six O six I fifty five KRC, the talk Station. Brian Thomas wishing here. We're not very happy New Year. Wonderful time off thanks to my family. I enjoyed sleeping in and really enjoyed the festivities over the time off, and I feel like my batteries have been recharged with a certain degree. And kicking off my nineteenth year in radio, time just flies by, does it not? Enjoy the time with loved ones while you've got it five one, three, seven, four nine fifty D eight two three talk with Time five fifty on eight and T phones, and thank you cribbage Mike, who will be at listener lunch or We're gonna reline folks all day long and hopefully again tomorrow High Grain Breweries Brentwood brew Pub is where we're going to be for listener to lunch on Wednesday about eleven thirty ish. You can show up when you want. It's good beer and the rather comprehensive menu. Took a look at it. You can check them out online if you want to check it out for yourself with High Grainbrewing dot com. Anyhow, Mike Wilber, who is cribbage. Mike played cribbage with them every Listener lunch. He probably served his country on a submarine. He also now works at hard Rock Cafe as a dealer. There'll be a card dealer, not a drug dealer anyway. He want a little but to know if you're looking for a place to wait out the remainder of the storm with free coffee, the hard Rock Cafe our Rock Casino is open. So and you know, doubling down on what Chuck Ingram said. If you don't have to get out today, don't. It is not worth your time. The roads are really, really terrible and they're having a difficult time keeping up on my case side of Montgomery Road as a prime illustration, because that's the one I drove down rather than hitting the Expressway had already been plowed once and there was a good three inches of snow on top of the road after they had plowed once. And it's only going to accumulate more. They're still saying like one to five additional inches today as we look forward into the afternoon with snow continue. So anyhow, uh face remember to stop by fifty five cares you dot Com get your heart media app. So, not knowing which direction I want to go, I'll start with this one, which just scares the living hell at I mean, I started on a rant this morning because I was looking at Rando Paul's annual Festivus list and just getting just beside myself with anger over all of the millions in no, sorry trillions of dollars that our federal government blows through, and it's rapacious taxation that doesn't even satisfy the demands of these idiots that we elect, and all of the things that they pay for with our labor. Again, it is your earnings and just one item after another you can be angry about as opposed to I mean, reminds me of Cincinni City Council chasing shiny objects and stuff and things when they leave roads completely unwell. Today's case, perhaps not plowed or treated, but they let the roads and the infrastructure deteriorate, neighborhoods falling apart. Whatever the case may be, it's mismanagement of government because they always want to throw something shiny and new at you, which is basically this entire Festivus Report. Although I think our elected officials don't really even want you to know the type of spending they engage in that rand Paul reveals every single year in his Festivus Report, what of important matters? Going back to the analogy I drew with, since a city council and infrastructure Jake Sullivan, National Security Advisor, This was originally report of the Wall Street Journal I found out a Newsmax Doesn't Matter though, made what they describe as stunning admission that Chiny these hackers aka the Chinese Communist Party have the ability to cripple the American power grid and ports, and apparently not just run of the middle intrusions, but via sophisticated actors with unparalleled skills. Apparently Jake Sullivan, again national Security Advisor, had known about the Chinese hackers' ability to knock out critical infrastructure for more than a year, according to sources speaking with a Wall Street Journal fall of twenty three, he warned telecommunications and technology executives in a secret White House meeting, seeking big Tech's help and protecting the American lives and infrastructure from hacks. Huh, Considering this has been going on for well probably the last decade plus, ever since the world got hooked up to the Internet, you'd think they might have gotten ahead of this a little bit, considering the number of enemies we have in the world, and considering that we're probably doing the same thing to them. If we're doing it, they're doing it, and vice versa. But since the fall of twenty twenty three secret White House meeting with the telecommunications technology executives, there have been at least nine US telecom companies hacked. That according to the Wunational Security Advisor for cybersecurity and Nuiberger, who speaking with the journal said, we will never know regarding the scope and scale of this. They were very careful about their techniques, and they say this sort of his morph They initially maybe like a some I don't know, teenager and abatement basement, they said. Keyboard warriors, described as once seen as the cyber equivalent of noisy, drunken burglars, which are now considered soldiers with again in the Journal's words, astonishing skill level and stealth. FARI sexpert Gordon Chang, speaking with Newsback, said, you know, they're going to take down our grid. They're going to take down everything we have. We're going to be like an eighteen fifties country with the things that we've been accustomed to that operate our country, like electricity, running water. Former Department of Homeland Security cybersecurity expert Brandon Wales warned that the hacks are the key battlefield in any future conflict. Well, that goes without saying, now, doesn't it. And considering they're engaging this activity twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, I mean, this is government controlled hacking. They are at it all the time. We are literally at war with these clowns. Corner Jake Sullivan, speaking with Journal, cyberspace is a fiercely contested battlefield. We have made concent s progress, but and you knew that word was in there, serious vulnerabilities remain in sectors where we don't have mandatory cybersecurity requirements. M Is that suggesting that we need to make things mandatory in order for us to get ahead of these problems. This is the Dave Hatter warns about this stuff every single day. You have it within your power and control to make sure your systems are reasonably secure, and we choose not to do it. Businesses regularly fail to engage in just even rudimentary security practices. Senator Dan Sullivan from Alaska Republicans said the US vulnerability in his word breath taking, adding its shocking how exposed we are and still are now of all the things our government and pays for and all the things that your taxpayer dollars are used for, including bearded transgender groups preaching climate change in an ice skating event. Yeah, you paid for that. See Senator Ran Paul's Festivus report. Do you think it'd be a little bit better if they allocated, well, perhaps unlimited resources to dealing with the security of our country the idea that we have We are told upfront national Security advisor letting us know that they literally have the ability to knock out our critical infrastructure right now by simply flipping a switch. In essence, all the billions and billions and billions of dollars we spent on preventing you from exhaling. I see Joe Biden wants to ban natural gas non condensing water heaters. Now, yeah, you know the flash water heaters, right, They just you know, instantly create a water in your home. Very popular for people who have very little space. They're really hugely, wildly popular in Europe. I spend their time just preventing because of CO two exhalation. Actually it's trillions of dollars on that. The whole Green New Deal thing, the Inflation Reduction Act that had nothing to do with inflation reduction actually increase inflation, all about stopping exhalation. And according to the reports on these tankless water heaters, the ones that he wants to ban are more energy efficient and produce less carbon dioxide than your standard tank water heater which are not banned. It's going to push people back into the tank water heater. Just don't understand. You live in a crazy, crazy, crazy world five one three seven two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones and an increase singly stupid world. I got an article on that to mention in a moment. First, I'll work for OTO Exit great products. ODO exit products will get rid of the odors you're dealing with? What kind of odor? Pick one, with the exception of the stench of politics and the revelations in the Rampaul Festivus Report, mold, mildew, smoke, what else you got?
Speaker 4: Food?
Speaker 2: Odors? Absolutely, I've always like to mention I keep the ODO Exit Magic in my car to eliminate the stench of any form of fast food that comes home in my car. Works great. Dog rolls around in something in the yard and it stinks and you can't get rid of it. Wash them off and the stink will still be there. I've been down that road a bunch of times. Outcomes the ODO Exit concentrate, pour it on a rag, rub it over the dog's head, and the odor is magically gone, works on and it comes with one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. So if it does not eliminate the odor that you are trying to get rid of when you use it as directed, and I always suggests hauling them if for whatever reason you have a problem, like for it doesn't work the first time. Trust me, they're experts at this, they've been up and down this road a million times. But if it doesn't work, you get your money back, so you got nothing to worry about it. Buy it locally, find a store right there on the website, or buy it online and it'll be delivered tomorrow to your front door as long as you order before three o'clock. Several products that choose from depending on the oh you're trying to get rid of. Just go to Otor Exit, od O r XIT, odor Exit dot com.
Speaker 12: Fifty five KRC the music We've listened six twenty.
Speaker 2: One fifty five KRC Detalk station. Have e Monday five on three seven nine fifty five hundred eight hundred two three talk. It is Monday, so fast forward one hour from now. Former Vice Mayor of the City since any Christopher Smithling returns first smith event of the year. I'm looking forward to having it back on the program this year. Love that man and you love his commentary, so join him at seven twenty you can't listen line, remember to go to fifty five KRC dot com. It is Monday. It is money Monday. Brian James returns talk about Trump's tax cuts and tariffs. It's a new year with new opportunities for contributions to four oh one k and iras and Wow you can contribute a lot. Numbers increase substantially plus todd Slishman since NIVA, he's going to be joined us for cars Cares segment at eight p. Forty with some helpful information for my veteran friends and listening audience. And I may, obviously we live in a crazy world to mention that a moment ago you can find nine thousand gajillion illustrations of it today. Is anyone as offended as me? Or do you share my offense that Joe Biden awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to, among other people, George Soros. George Soros, I just I'm beside myself in disbelief on this. According to the statement from the White House, the nation's highest civilian honor is given to individuals who have made exemplary contributions to the prosperity, value, use, or security of the United States. Now, if you put a period there, you couldn't call up with a single reason why George Soros would be even worthy of consideration for this. But it's also it's not just the United States, it's world peace or other significant societal, public or private endeavors. George Soros, he has done more to undermine capitalism and our freedoms and liberties. I think they're a human being with money is woke society whatever the hell they call that Open Society Foundation. So far, Sourus has given thirty two billion dollars to Open Society Foundation since nineteen eighty four, spending his capitalist earned dollars to undermine capitalism and also make your city a terrible crime filled cesspool of humanity, funding all of these left wing das who refused to prosecute crime. In fact, Elon must pointed that out, also noting that Elon Musk's position on George Soros is that he fundamentally hates humanity his words, saying he also said he's doing things that erode the fabric of civilization and pointing out what I just pointed out, you know, getting DA's elected who refused to prosecute crime. True, I'm sure Joe Biden didn't even realize whose neck he was hanging that medal around. That's the world we live in, folks. George Soros has given the nation's highest civilian honor, Hillary Clinton as well. But you know what, I could almost even make a plausible argument for Hillary Clinton. Almost not really, though, considering all the crimes she's been involved with and all of the well, you know, the bleach bidding her server, using private email server for government business. Even James Comey, FBI director said publicly that she had handled classified information. But they'll take Donald Trump and run him through the ringer for something like that, won't they Not Hillary Clinton? She got a free pass, you know. And those are the things that we know about Hillary Clinton. But of all the people in the entire plane at George Soros six twenty five five KRCE, the talk station can touch with Zimmer twenty four hours a day, seventy a week emergency service. Today is not a day you want your heating system to go out, but you can experience Zimmer Comfort and reliability Zimmer Heating and air conditioning. For over seventy five years, Zimmer has been ensuring at homes are warm efficient throughout creator Cincinnati and so you can turn to the experts at Zimmer for a warm carrier system. So you're ready to enhance your homes comfort, book your appointment. It's easy to do. Just got to go Zimmer dot com now or call and tell Chris Zimmer that I said hi when you call him I prefer calling again. Go Zimmer dot com to schedule appointment. Kid's number is five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three, five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three and get all the details on that discount for the carrier system. Great way to heat your home and trust Zimmer HVAC to keep your home cozy and your energy bills low. Go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 12: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Waking Up on the Right Side twenty nine fifty five KRC DE Talk Station five one three seven four nine fifty five eight two three Top found five fifty on eight T and T Founds mentioned listener one several times this morning. I'll continue to do it. High Grain Breweries, Brentwood Brewpubs. We're going to be on Wednesday and context. They mentioned cribbage Mike and I misidentified him. He was telling everybody that there's free coffee at the hard Rock Cafe where he works Hard Rock Casino, that is, I actually mentioned that. He I said he was a dealer. He's not. He's in surveillance. He's the one that's looking at you through all the cameras. I suppose. Anyhow, their record corrected. Mike love you brother, and do stay off the road to the extent it's humanly possible. There's no reason to be out there unless you absolutely have to. Let us see here. Going over to local stories, I thought this was a rather I I vacillated on how I felt about this one. My initial reaction was no way, and then I kind of thought, well, there are some good arguments for it regardless. Last week how Governor Mike DeWine signed into law House Bill three point fifteen that is now legal for police departments to charge for certain public records requests. That bill contains a provision giving the police authority to charge a person or an entity for video requests. Fox nineteen reported on these this. They mentioned themselves on this, like those that Fox nineteen now into the media audience agencies. Using reporting, Fox nineteen interviewed a legal analyst named Mark Crumbine. He says that this provision applies to police video like dash camera or body camera footage. Quote that Governor's saying that police municipality can charge up to seventy five dollars an hour from ten hours worth of work. Max on providing videotapes to the public. Now Ken covert the FOP president chimed in on this. He was interviewed by Fox nineteen. He said it was necessary because public records requests for videos continue to increase, and of course it takes manpower or people power to keep up with these requests. He goes, you get records requests for hundreds and hundreds of hours of video from some YouTuber in California, it's going to turn you around your district, and it's going to turn around, dissect it and make money. According to him, police records contain a lot of sensitive information that needs to be protected, including like victim's name and faces. Victims do have rights that must be protected, he pointed out. He says bodycam footage often shows private databases from other computers. That redacting or blurring out all of this is a huge undertaking. That's where your expense comes in. He said, that takes time, it takes money to do it. It also costs money to do it. It's just a way instead of having taxpayers do it, it's a way to make the person who's requesting it pay for it. According to Governor Wine, in a statement, no law enforcement agencies should ever have to choose between diverting resource for officers on the street to move them to administrative tasks like lengthy video redaction reviews, for which agencies receive no compensation. And this is especially so for when the requester of the video is a private company seeking to make money off these videos. Dwine says he supports the publics and the news media's right to access public records, and he says it doesn't the bill doesn't change that right. It just shifts over the burden on who's got to pay for it, So it's now a long the state like it or not. Special prosecutor has found that allegations made by of Democrat Ohio Representative Cecil Thomas against Hamilton County Prosecutor Melissa Power days before the election were entirely baseless. Tim My County Prosecutor Mark to Call he filed the thirteen page report last week. He was appointed to be special prosecutor to look into this. To Call he found Thomas's sworn affidavit and support of his claims was filed in bad faith. That's a quote from the report. And for her part, Melissa Powers said it was shameful that these allegations were taken seriously by anyone from the start, because this was nothing more than a politically motivated hit design to influence the outcome of November's election, and it's been dismissed correctly for the sham that it is. Thomas filed the allegations November first, and we all know what happened to Melissa Powers, the far superior candidate. She lost to college Connie Pillage by a few points. Powers also said she's evaluating her legal options to remedy the damage that this act has caused. Now, for his part, Thomas alleges the Powers, who was a former juvenile court judge, backdated a court entry in a case back in twenty twenty one. Powers said she had simply corrected a clerical error in order to preserve a juvenile's right to appeal one of her decisions. Now a special prosecutor to cull. They found that Hamilton County Juvenile Court computer system does not allow users to backdate entries, and the Powers that wanted information on the DACA change, she would have had to first put at the request in writing, and there was no such request in the case, so period, end of story. Surprised you didn't give him out the award This morning, Joe it just kind of goes without saying, yeah, I suppose you're right on that. Just shy six thirty five Peer fifty five K see the talk stations loved to hear from. If you've got a comment, feel free to call Otherwise, feel free to call Presses Interiors. You want your kitchener model, maybe this is the year for it. Even wanting to get your kitchen model, you want it done right. You want to work with somebody who're really going to enjoy working with. We'll call Prestige Interior. You will be working with John Ryan. He and Prestige Onteriors are one of the same, A plus the BBB National Kitchen Bath Association member. And he does a wonderful job. I know this because he well remodeled our kitchen. We went for a full gut rehab, starting from scratch, in essence tearing out the builder special. It was a pretty bare bones kitchen, I got to point out. But that's why we wanted it done. We wanted it done right. So we got what we wanted, and we got more than we wanted because we listened to the advice that John passed along to us. You might want to consider doing this. You might want to consider doing that. Now, that's probably not a good idea. Have you thought about and you're like, oh, wow, yeah, I didn't think about that.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 2: John's been doing kitchens for north to thirty years almost exclusively, so he's senior kitchen. Whether it's big or small. The project you want to do, whether it's large or small. Maybe you just want to do countertops and cabinets. Not a problem for John. Got the whole thing start over. Definitely not a problem for John. Check it out online, get a prestige one two three dot com, press each one two three dot com when you give them a call. Tom Brian said, I five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 13: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station, a U line the.
Speaker 4: Prevailing of pink.
Speaker 2: Chene nine first warning weatherhorle K cast tells us that we've got a winter storm morning in effect on midnight with snow additional one to five inches of snow during the day. Here we'll see I have twenty eight down to eleven overnight with breezy conditions. It'd be cold and breezy tomorrow with I have twenty six down to six degrees tomorrow night and on Wednesday, I High twenty four with mostly cloudy skyes twenty three degrees. Right now, let's get enough in on traffic, Chuck, probably the U S UP Traffic center you see health weight.
Speaker 11: Both center offers comprehensive OBCD care and advance sergic expertise called five one three, nine three nine to two sixty three. The problems just keep coming. North Bend seventy five blocked in the Cuppam Hill due to a Jack Knight track for trailer seven pound seventy five. Now an accident at Cincinnati Dayton Road box the right hand side. Who's continue to work with a wreck on North Pend seventy five out hopple jack ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Six thirty nine, I fifty five KCD talk station, Happy Monday. Thanks again to U have Gordon Dan Carrell for covering for me while I stared at the back of my eyelids, enjoyed my sleeping in time on vacation. And thanks again to my family for well the enjoyable time that I had while while I was off. So hitting the ground, running here and counting your twenty twenty five, nineteen years in radio. Love talking with you, and let us do that. Hanks on the phone. Let's take Hank's call. Hank, Welcome to the show. Happy new Year to you, Same to you.
Speaker 7: Brian, at least in regards to us. Anyway, I'm not so sure about the rest of the country with Joe Biden running it still, or it is on paper.
Speaker 2: Well, give it a few minutes. It's one o'clo. We'll have a new commander in chief. And I suspect that Donald Trump has a stack of executive orders and he'll spend the rest of the day signing them. So we'll see. Try to be optimistic.
Speaker 7: In any case, I was kind of fired up about hearing about George Soro to Soros getting the Presidential Metal Honor of Freedom or.
Speaker 5: Whatever, and before that even I was.
Speaker 7: Kind of irritated with all the money that he's freed up for Iran. I'm wondering if maybe we can't have the Democrat Party declared a terrorist supporting organization and freeze their assets. I know Judge and Apolitano would probably have a hissy fit over that, but seriously, these people have done so much damage to our national security at this point, it almost doesn't seem fair that we have to tolerate.
Speaker 4: Having them on our continent anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, I get the passion, and I understand where your words and your suggestions are coming from, even if you sort of got your tongue in your cheek or not. But see, look what happened in spite of their best efforts. And they have been hard at work for the past eight plus years shoving this nonsense down our throat, that Donald Trump was the devil incarnate, that he was going to end democracy, that he was a fascist, that he was a Nazi, I mean, go on the whole list, evil, orange man, rapist, pedophile, whatever, they called him everything. All of the mainstream media ganged up on him and Republicans, and they have been for years and years. What happened, Donald Trump won. He won the popular vote to the extent there was any shenanigans going on in terms of tinkering or interfering with ballots or people casting ballots, etc. Guess what, it wasn't enough We collectively beat them. I guess we're smarter than they took us for that. We could see through this much in the same way you're seeing through it. As well their policies. The Democrat policies have literally ruined cities financially and otherwise, Sanctuary cities with tens of thousands of illegal immigrants soaking and using up every available dollar and then creating massive deficits, so much so that the actual citizenry and population of those cities aren't even getting the services that they think they're entitled to. It ruined America what they have done, and the American people woke up. Donald Trump won the popular vote, for God's sake, and that of course took the wind out of the left sails, because you know, damn well, if he hadn't won the popular vote, we'd be listening to unending, never ending, perpetual screams about how the electoral colleges, Oh, I don't know, racist or something. So maybe we're smarter than they take us for it, and I think collectively we are. It doesn't take a rocket science to realize. Scientists to realize that this, for example, spending that I've been talking about this morning, with the Festivus Report among other topics, cannot continue. People who are looking forward to relying on a Social Security check, you can't. That's a promise. Ok, into the American people who funded that program, that our elected officials over the years do anything, directify the situation, otherwise make it solvent. No, nothing. We spent money on bearded trans men ice skating events for God's sake, So we're smarter than that. As so far as the Democrat Party's concerned, well, elections have consequences, and we don't need to label them as a terrorist organization or otherwise consider outlawing them or deporting them. They did it to themselves. Their policies did not work. See George Soros. Yeah, Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient, George Soros, who's one of the people responsible for the failure of all these Democrat cities and for getting elected prosecutors who don't want to do their job and put people in jail who are deserving of jail time, Judges getting judges elected who don't think that sentencing people is fair or right. Oh, I don't know. Because little Johnny had a tough upbringing or something, maybe part of his upbringing or something, and the reason he committed crimes is because he no one brought into the into his life the concept of discipline, the concept of working with each other, as opposed to doing harm to another human being. I don't know. I just know that George Soros funds people who don't want to do their job to the detriment of our entire country. And look, it's a wake up call. All these Democrat cities are just undoing, trying to unring the bell that they themselves chose to ring, getting rid of the prosecutors that don't do their job recriminalizing drugs, for example. And I used to be an all in on you know, I don't believe in criminalizing self abuse. But the one thing that decriminalizing drugs has done is taking that element out where you can get someone hooked up to the concept of treatment. If they're not going to be held accountable for using illegal substance or well formerly illegal substances, then they're going to be a well a leech on society. Form homeless camps, let's have open drug use. Look look look at look how much good it did all these cities getting decriminalizing shoplifting. How'd that work out for you in California?
Speaker 10: Not?
Speaker 2: Well, that's why they tried to un or that's why they just recently unrung that bell. The experiment didn't work. The left wing experiment didn't work. They lost a lot of political powers or consequence of it, they lost the president, they lost the House. Well, we had the House barely, and of course they lost the Senate. Now let's hit the ground running. Swearing ends it one. Executive orders begin promptly thereafter six forty five fifty five krec Detalk station five seven fifty two three talk Emery Federal Credit Union. Better way to bank Emory is you can find them on line at EMORYFCU dot org. And how about twenty five bucks now and twenty five dollars later. It's easy to earn at Emory Federal Credit Union. For every friend, family member, or colleague you refer to Emory, who then becomes a member, you're both going to get twenty five dollars simply by spreading the word about the benefits of banking with Emory, which is worthy news to spread. I love banking with Emory. Over I do have an account at one of the big banks. I had to give my business to Emory, though the rates are always great too, and the customer service fantastic. Now there's an extra opportunity here to earn extra cash, So I'll help you and your loved ones unlock a world of financial opportunities and get twenty five dollars in return for that to learn the details. Restrictions do apply as they typically do. Emory FCU dot org. EMORYFCU dot org and AMLUS number four zero one zero E's seven federally insured by NCUA. They are an equal housing lender.
Speaker 13: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: The cold weather is here, so you and your six forty nine fifty five perc detalk station seventy five shut down and the Cut in the hell wonderful. Yeah, this shocker Joe. That's typically in the traffic report every morning, whether it got snow or not, isn't it. It just says it could be Sonny in seventy we have a jack knife tractor trailer on the Cut in the hell. Now, it's probably true if you can stay away, if the roads please do. I know that's kind of goes without saying, and I've been mentioned it all morning, but having made the perilous trip at a quarter to three this morning down Montgomery Road and it was just a it really was bad. So thankfully I have experienced driving in the snow, and my wife has a four wheel drive car, so I was able to drive her car. Thank you, honey, appreciate it. Three hundred two three talk. Let's dumb down children even more than they're already dumb down. And this is not the first time this has happened. But when now teachers in New Jersey will no longer be required to pass a Bay Basic reading, writing, and mathematics test to be eligible for public schools. I just find this so hard to believe. It was signed in a law by Governor Phil Murphy, Democrat. Of course, it's called Act sixteen sixty nine went to effect last Wednesday. Court of Fox News report of the law aims to tackle teachers' shortages in the state by removing what the New Jersey Department of Education and Teachers' Union called a barrier to certification reading, writing, and arithmetic. Yes, that's a barrier to certification, Joe. We can't have that, Court of the text of the law, the State Board of Education shall not require a candidate seeking a certificate of eligibility, a certificate of eligibility with advanced standing, a provisional certificate, or standard instructional certificate to complete a Commissioner of Education approved test of basic. Notice the emphasis I put on that word basic, reading, writing, and mathematic skills, including but not limited to, the practice Core Academic Skills for Educators tests in order to obtain a certificate of eligibility. So you can be an idiot and yet still teach a class that practices Core Academic Skills for Educators tests, which I didn't wasn't necessarily familiar with, but it's used in over forty states and territories in the United States. Includes questions on English and mathematics, as well as basic questions on specific subjects. According to Democratic State Senator Jim b To, who are his point? Obviously he is in favor of this. We need more teachers. This is the best way to get them. So not only are we advancing children who do not have the requisite skills in testing for reading, writing, and arithmetic, yet we'll move them on to the next grade. Now we're dumbing down the teachers, so probably less education going on in the room. H I'm sorry, that's just that's just is that an admission of defeat. Let's go to the phone, sit Wes Saie, Jim west Side, Jim, good to hear from your happy New year, My friend.
Speaker 14: In you too, Brian.
Speaker 15: Welcome back, buddy, Thank you, miss I appreciate you're dearly missed. But I'll give you a couple of positive things. Uh, with all this snow, our favorite street to pick on, Sunset, probably looks pretty good this morning. You can't you can't see the the big rude gibbots that are looks like a bomb hit that thing.
Speaker 2: Because it's probably it's probably a better road to be on because at least those those dibbots and the ruts and the giant poddles probably provide some measure of traction, which I.
Speaker 15: Guess if you don't get stuck in one of them eight foot deep holes.
Speaker 2: But true, yeah, there is that.
Speaker 15: By the way, a couple of things I watched, and I know it's stupid to watch, but Lincoln where he has that TV show that it comes on he films on Thursdays and shows on Sundays. And guess who the the person was that was on there for a half an hour the other day, our buddy Cecil Thomas.
Speaker 2: I knew you were going to say that.
Speaker 15: Surprisingly there was nothing mentioned about powers.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course, that's just that's sad that he would he would filew that that allegation against her without aid, without any factual basis to do so, someone should, you know, assume.
Speaker 15: I hope she does, and I hope this for some reason that this guy can.
Speaker 14: I don't know what they do.
Speaker 15: It's always a slap on the wrist in a matter of Democrat, Republic and independent no matter what. But I wish that they could recall this guy. He's such a clown. But I'll give you the best one, and I know you're gonna let me go. But our good friend and probably one of the best people we know besides Christopher Smitherman, Orlando Sonza, looks like he might be in line for the I don't know if it was the second District or the Southwest Ohio.
Speaker 8: You know what it is.
Speaker 15: I got a brain freeze this morning. Brian the attorney for Southwest.
Speaker 2: Ohio oh District attorney. The official title is district attorney.
Speaker 10: That's it.
Speaker 2: That'll be great.
Speaker 15: Is it that second District or whatever the heck? Like I said, I'll look it up. If I should have lift it up before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hadn't seen anything about that. I did get word that Houston was the guy that was going to be selected to fill JD. Vans's seat. But that I suppose word has gotten out around that one already, but I didn't hear anything about it. Orlando Sons. I so appreciate you bringing to my attention. I got big hopes for that guy, big hopes for that guy.
Speaker 15: Well, we were texting back and forth a little bit the other day, and that's what it came out.
Speaker 4: That it's a good.
Speaker 15: Possibility he's gon and get that job, and it's not one of those jobs that it's next manned up, and he deserves it because he's been there longer or something like that. He deserves it because of.
Speaker 12: Who he is and what he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so former prosecutor going to give me.
Speaker 15: He deserves anything he can get, to be quite honest, and I know you'll agree with that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a terrific, terrific guy. And again he's just starting. I mean, I think down the road we're going to look back and you know, all of our predictions about Orlando Sons's success in the future will come true someday because again, he's demonstrably worthy of it, very competent, very intelligent, He's got an excellent background. It looks awesome on paper, and he's even better in person when you get a chance to talk to him. So I'll keep my fingers by the way.
Speaker 15: I will see Wednesday as long as we don't get about fourteen more feet of us snow. But the old Bronco can make it up to hill now.
Speaker 2: So yeah, if you are going to give me some lame excuse about not being able to manage the roads and that ruckster of yours, I was going to give you a ton lashing glad to hear it. Do come and meet west Side Jim at High Green Breweries, Brentwood brew pob. That's where're going to be on Wednesday for a listener to lunch. I love really looking forward to seeing you there, Jim. Thanks for calling my brother. Happy New Year. Two six fifty six ifty five KSY Talk Station. We get a little bit to talk about at the top of the our news, followed by Christopher Smitheman and the Smith Event at seven to twenty. Stick around your voice, refreshing your.
Speaker 1: Country for reasonable American fifty five krc D Talk station.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Low's. Low's knows it's easier to make the right calls. What is real. It's all too real people only learn it good Glenn Beck program once they've run into that plate class. Wind Day's ED nine on fifty five KRC the talk station seven oh six fifty five kar see the talk station. Brian Thomas back and mission. Everbody a happy New Year. Thank you very much to Dan Carroll Kevin Gordon for covering for me while I was gone. And I appreciate the time with my family. Just such a wonderful, wonderful opportunity to sleep in and spent time with my family. I hope he had a wonderful Christmas or whatever holiday year is celebrating. I certainly did, and got to go over to the rifle range a few times with my new forty five seventy Marlin lover Action rifle and that thing is a blast to shoot. No pun intended anyhow, speaking of guns, and I wanted to because I got a big kick out of this article from the New York Post. It was New York Post, New York, Yeah, New York Post, and it serves it starts to prove my point over and over again that I've made many times. I know there's that more guns Less crime book that was written so long ago, still proves to be true. And if you personally feel threatened in some way, you believe that your life is in peril, or maybe in peril, it may be a good thing for you. On a firearm and jumping on board. The traditionally left leaning folks of America are now waking up to this reality as well, including gay and transgender liberals. Huh headline from Chris NSI LGBTQ liberals start arming themselves over baseless fear and it is baseless of being placed in concentration camps. Now, I don't know if you are so dumb you believe you might be placed in a concentration camp. Fine, We've been down that road before in this country, so I suppose history is a precedent for it. Apologies to the Japanese who are rounded up in spite of the fact that the American citizen placed in internment camps of World War two. That will be fd R and you can blame that leftist ignoring the conclusions of the two or three people that they interviewed for This was the Philadelphia Inquirer, as re reported by the New York Post. So the Philadelphia Inquirer on Sunday profiled several members of the emerging gun toting left who belonged to groups with names like Liberal Gun Club, the Socialist Rifle Association, and Pink Pistols. They point out the obvious precise figures regarding LGBTQ gun ownership are tough to ascertain given the small number of people they represent in terms of the collective population in society. The Liberal Gun Club, that's one of the organizations that spoke with the Philly Inquirer, said that it's received thousands of firearms training requests since the election, more than all of last year. Oh well, sorry, twenty twenty three combined two years ago, and about a quarter of them were from those in the lgbt community, So thousands reduced down to one quarter of the so called thousands. So you do the math on that and try to figure out how many people that actually means. But the reason I bring this up they spoke with a twenty four year old what they describe as trans woman who recently decided to purchase a gun, identified by the news outlet only as the letter A. This twenty four year old trans woman said three months before the election, that's when the alarm bells started to ring. Minorities that are armed are more difficult to legally oppress, expressing relief that she will be ready to fight back in her words, in the event of hate crimes or terrorist attacks. Well, isn't that the point? If you live in a terrible neighborhood, if it's crime late and then you should be more likely to own a farm than someone who lives in a more stable environment. If you're part of a group that might be under legitimate hate crime or terrorist attack, it could be that that firearm could save your life. If you're in a situation where you're under grievous threat, under threat of grievous bodily harm or death, you have the right to use deadly force to defend yourself. Doesn't matter whether you're gay or straight, or member of minority community or member of a majority community. If you believe you are facing that threat, then yes, it's maybe the appropriate thing to do is arm yourself. The Philadelphia chapter of the Socialist Rifle Association told the Philly Inquirer that it's seen a surge of paid membership and its gun safety class has been filling up so fast it had to add more fine. The Delaware Valley chapter of gay gun group Pink Pistols, which goes by the slow Hogan Armed Gays Don't get bashed, made a similar comment to the paper. They've been inundated with inquiries from people seeking firearms training. Group founded in the year two thousand after an article was published in Salon by someone named Jonathan Rausch in which he said homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely, and carry them. Well amen to that. Wake Forest University sociology professor David Yamain, quoted in the article author of Gun Curious, told the Filly Inquired that a cultural shift in gun ownership is underway in America and that minority groups, including gay people, have led the way among the neophied gun owners since twenty twenty. Quote. It was a period of tremendous social unrest and social uncertainty, and a large number of people in the United States, under those conditions took to firearms to re established some sense of safety and security. Well, welcome to the club. That's the point of it for anyone. We live in a very diverse country. We have freedoms and liberties, and nobody else enjoys, so you're gonna have a very diverse community. We've got one any member that any part of society that is under greater threat than another has a much greater argument for getting out and learning how to use a firearm and getting the skill sets necessary to operate a confidently and accurately. Some guy named Matthew Thompson from Oakland told the Philly inquire he was inspired by his first gun after the twenty sixteen mass shooting at Pulse, which is a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida. You remember that one forty nine people killed, the worst mass shooting in US history, carried out by a homegrown Islamic terrorist sympathizer named Omar a Teen. Interestingly enough, at the time, then President Barack Obama and presidential candidate Donald Trump denounced the horrific slaughters a direct attack on the LGBT community. However, you wait till the evidence comes out, you find out things aren't necessarily as they see. Apparently, evidence unearthed in the years after the murders indicate that this Omar Mateen guy had no idea that Paulse was even a gay nightclub when he went in and started opening fire. Joe, can you help me out on this one? That Thompson guy that I mentioned, Matthew Thompson of Oakland, he told the Philly Choir that he writes, he writes, travels and writes, and travels around the country to attend quote leather and bear events close quote you no idea what I'm talking about, man, darn it. I was really hoping he might be able to help me out on that one. And he said, the people I've been seeing on the left and the gay people who are out purchasing guns for the first time, it's all about self defense and fear. We're not looking to arm up and storm the capitol. We just don't want to be put in concentration camps. That's where that one random musing from this leather and bear event following guy came from. So he's the one guy that was quoted in the article that I actually believed that might happen. But it's nice to see the left wake up to the reality it is for your own personal defense and safety in situations that might justify your using it. They're not out forming militias, they're not planning on attacking the capitol. Fine, I wouldn't expect it anyway. They're not planning on doing anything other than getting the skill sets and the hardware necessary to defend themselves in the event their fears legitimate or not manifest themselves in real life. So welcome to the club.
Speaker 4: That way.
Speaker 2: If there's some gay bashing, fill in the blank with your favorite FCC non compliant descriptive word, and I could come up with a bunch of them, because I don't have anything any problem with anyone being gay at all. It's your life, you live it, but you too, if you live under a legitimate threat or even a illegitimate threat or concern, it may give you peace of mind and comfort. That's why I'm an advocate for firearms ownership, even though the main reason the Second Amendment is there is because our founding fathers had to defend themselves and against an oppressive government that was well a bit rapacious with taxation and did not allow any representation in return for stealing from the colonies. And look how that turned out. Christopher Smithman is up next with the smith vent allqueued up looking forward to having him back on every Monday this year. Oh and look, perfect opportunity for me to recommend my friends at twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason eleven. It's amazing how that lined up with that article I just read, Great Firearms Shop. I tell you what. The owners, Wendy and Jeff are the cream of the crop human beings. They're wonderful people. They're knowledgeable, they know everything there is to know. And that's obviously where I got my UH forty five to seventy lever action Barlin for my Christmas present. Of course I bought it there. I called up Wenday. They didn't have one in stock. Guess what. A day later, guess what, we got one in stock. Brian. You want to come out and pick it up, of course I do. So head on over to Route forty two between Mason and eleven and and enjoy my Christmas present a lot. But whatever you're looking for, they probably have it, whether it's ammunition or any kind of firearms, handguns, long guns. They have the best indoor range possible. It's as clean as it can be and safe. Absolutely. Range safety officer's always ensuring that everyone is mining the safety rules so you can shoot comfortably if you don't have to shoot. Maybe you were one of these groups there's concerned now ready to buy a firearm, get a basic safety class, a basic firearms class, or if you already know how to shoot, you want to hone your skills more. Take one of the more advanced classes. They offer a whole whole host of classes, membership options. They have everything you can hope for. It's the best gun shot store and indoor range. Around twenty two three again Route forty two between Mason eleven and online. It's twenty two. The number followed by the word three spelled out twenty two to three dot com.
Speaker 13: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station, a U line.
Speaker 4: They know going the extra mile takes hard work.
Speaker 2: Ben twenty fifty five KRCD talk station. It's twenty twenty five. It's a happy new year, maybe even more special and more happy with return of the former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati for his smither vent, Christopher Smithman. Welcome back, my friend. I'm so happy to have you back on the show.
Speaker 14: Happy new year, Brian, and I'm glad to hear your voice. And I hope you had a wonderful holiday, arrestful holiday.
Speaker 2: And RESTful that hit your family.
Speaker 15: Brother.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. RESTful is a great word.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, it was so awesome sleeping in. There's just nothing like sleeping in, because I again in my comment, all the time I've been at this my nineteenth year on radio, and I still haven't gotten used to the two thirty alarm, So sleeping until eight thirty, I've stuffed at the nine thirty one couple of mornings. Oh my god, it was in heaven, absolute heaven.
Speaker 14: So you did you did not? You didn't know what to do?
Speaker 2: No, No, I didn't. I laid around a lot, you asked my wife, I didn't.
Speaker 14: I deserved it.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciated Christopher. It's nice that you feel that way. And I'm not sure that she would argue with it. She did have a very very short honeydoo list, and I did manage to accomplish what was on the list, and so beyond that, it was great. How did you have a nice Christmas holiday season there, Christopher?
Speaker 10: I really did?
Speaker 14: I think that the big news was meeting my grandson. You did, my f young Christopher and his lovely wife, My bill uh came home and uh, you know, brought brought Christopher. The third it was bittersweet. You know, I want to be honest about that, because they're they're widows and widowers who are listening like your mom, and all of us are on this continuum. But you know, the first grandchild and meeting him and uh, you know, not having my wife there was it was definitely a challenge. It was a challenge for my for my oldest son and for all my kids. But having said that, it was a wonderful gift. It was the best Christmas gift ever to meet my to meet my grandson, Christopher the third.
Speaker 2: Well, you got to send me a picture of that little guy because I want to see that. I'm sure it's just a beautiful, beautiful baby.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, I will send you a picture. Let me first just just pivot and just say everybody stay safe. You know they're listening to your show. You know, having been the vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, it's critical that people stay off the roads so that our crews out there can do their job. You know, they have families, they're trying to, you know, get home safe. They've been out there working all night, and you just want to make sure that you you heed those warnings and be very respectful as the men and women across this county, across our state, across our jurisdiction, whether it's Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio. You get the picture that you know, we are respecting those warnings so that you don't get stranded out there and then you become now a part of the problem and not a part of the solution.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's slick out there, there's no doubt about it. And someone called this morning was being a little critical, not overly critical, but I know we all have our beefs with the road cruise and things from time to time. But you know, we live in a region that doesn't often get inundated like this, and there's only so much resources you can spend and pay for and have parked, you know, in some lots somewhere that aren't used that often to keep up with and deal with a perpetual snow fall. I mean, they're took another one to five inches during the day. So roads that they went over, which Montgomery Road as I came in this morning, had already been plowed once, but a good three plus more inches had fallen on it since the first time they plowed it. Now I don't know how often they're going to go up and down that road, but there's only so much you can do. When the snow continues to fall, there's no way they can keep up with everything that quickly. So you know, I got a couple a little slack it was. Did you ever deal with that when you were vice mayor did you ever have to deal specifically with snow plowing issues. Was that something you're even involved with at all, Christopher, because I know people are lack familiarity with the logistics behind it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, definitely was involved with it. And you're right. I mean, look, a snow like this for so of our areas we haven't seen for some parts of the country since the nineteen hundreds, So this is a very unusual snowfall for our area, and it's difficult to prepare for that, sometimes meaning the number of trucks out there. But what happens here is we kind of send out a request for you know, MSD workers, anybody out there who can operate a truck to get them out there, paying a lot of overtime to get those roads salted and get them plowed. It is a difficult dance because of the inconsistent city. We're not like Buffalo, where you know, Buffalo City there with an army of trucks of salt, you know what, they know it's coming. That's not true for Cincinnati. Where where I think it's fair to be very critical of the City of Cincinnati are the potholes in the condition of our roads and making sure that those things are fixed. Right, So it's not you know, you can't say we're throwing salt in and tearing up the roads when we didn't have a snow. But then we have potholes and roads that have and streets that have not been fixed, you know, for fifty years while we're building street cars. Right, we're just distracted on kind of the basics of what the city is there to do, or debating on the floor of council what you know, the merits of Israel and Hamas, right. I mean, city councils sometimes get so distracted. And I think that's what frustrates the caller when you look at city Hall, they said, what are they talking about? Whether it doesn't sound like they were talking about the preparedness of the snow that was coming in. And that really ties me into and I know, we'll go to break what happened in Louisiana with this terracet attack, And the question is our city needs to be prepared for these kinds of things, and what are they doing? What are they talking about? You know, because this is the time to get ready. We've got doras all over the city. People are going to be out, going to be drinking beers in very public places. Are we going to be ready for what we just saw there? And I think these are important conversations. They're not sexy, but they're critically important. Are we going to have barricades up that are still that are concrete, making sure that the citizens of Cincinnati when they come downtown and participate, or they're in some of our neighborhoods that have doors, that those aren't soft targets. Brion Thomas, That's what worries me more about what's happening at city Hall. They're distractions from the things that they really should be talking about.
Speaker 2: And isn't it a sad thing that we even have to talk about something like that? But look, it's happened all over the world, I mean Europe, it's happened a bunch of times. Is obviously happen here now The carnage is devastating and part of the basic preparedness of any city is to be able to manage functions like that and keep the citizens safe. We will continue on this topic with Christopher Smithman doing the Smither vent and first though Foreign Exchange, your premier European as well as Asian import automotive specialist traditional European or Asian manufactured cars. Get him into Foreign Exchange. Let Austin and his amazing highly trained service tech and inspect your car and give you an itemized list of things perhaps that may need to be replaced. Why your car still under warranty just one of those little suggestions. So if your car's warranty is getting ready to expire, having to do an end to end check on that and see if they can find things that your dealer can fix for free once it's out of warranty. Foreign Exchange Westchester location is the place to be because they'll fix your car with a full warranty on parts and service. Your car will be worked on by an AC certified Master technician and you will spend less money. My son, the recipient of the Honda CRV after so many years, that was his Christmas present so good luck Jerry. He's going to be taking it to Foreign Exchange tomorrow. It's making noises his responsibility now, but I know he's going to save money. And the team up at Foreign a Change will take great care of him, just like they will for you too. They're like family everybody. So whether it's software updates and programming, you know, your cars out of whatever happens to be Foreign Exchange is saving money and you get a full warranty on both parts and service. Take the tilers and the legs off of seventy five. Just don't do it today. The roads are so bad out there anyway. Tylersville East right off seventy five, just two short streets hanging right on Kinglin, and you'll run right into it. When you do tell them, Brian said, high, or when you call them up to schedule the appointment five one, three, six four four twenty six, twenty six, six four four twenty six, twenty six online Foreign XFORMTHLETTERAX dot com fifty five krc I love my prese.
Speaker 13: This is the best, Jeff, I guess.
Speaker 2: By this afternoon high of twenty eight down to eleven overnight with breezy conditions. Twenty six with breeze tomorrow overnight low sorry six degrees. When is this going to be mostly cloudy day with a higher twenty four twenty three degrees? Right now, let's hear about traffic, Chuck.
Speaker 11: From the U see of Traffic Center, you see healthway center operas comprehensive obesity care and advanced surgic go Away's fertise called five month three nine three nine to two sixty three. That's ninety three nine twenty two sixty three. Northbound seventy five is blocked in the cut into a jack knife tractor trailer Trampick Texas at Kyle's. They cleared the Wreckies two seventy five is ramped to southbound seventy five. The ramp now open again. Chuck ingramon fifty five KRE received talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty one, fifty five KCD talk station, Very happy Monday if you try to make it so anyway and try to stay off the road. But it's a great day to you. Listened to fifty five Case Morning to Show at this time because we're talking to Christopher Smithland getting the smither vent. Christopher, you have the floor, my friend.
Speaker 14: Look Brian, we've got the certification of the presidential election today, which is going to be historic. And I'm so glad that the Republicans got it together last week. I know you are, and most of America is, and we and have this big fight over who the speaker of the House, so that then today they wouldn't be able to certify the election. Now. But as we march into Friday, right, and you see what Judge Merchant is doing in New York, meaning as a former politician, look just calling ball's ball. Strike strikes that this judge continues to try to inject himself in the federal presidential election. We talked about law fair. This is another example of that, and I want the public to understand that this is just a sham and the goal of the judge is to embarrass the president by defining him as a felon as he goes into his inauguration on the twentieth. And so what you'll see the liberal papers doing, Brian Thomas hit signs are Trump is a felon because he now has been sentenced, and they won't discuss about the merits of the case or whether he absolutely will win this case on appill. The objective here is at the time of his swearing in on the twentieth, for the liberal media to have the talking point that this Manhattan DA prosecutor brags who then worked with this judge in New York in Manhattan, with this very liberal jury, has convicted Trump on things that most people said should never have been brought. But now on this coming Friday, he's going to sentence him by video conference, and he's going to say, no sentence, no jail time, public It has nothing to do with that. This is a judge that is injecting himself in a presidential election, attempting to embarrass the president those who voted for him, seventy six million people, winning the popular vote, the electoral vote. And now they want to say, for the first time in the history of the United States of America, on January twentieth, we are now swearing in for president someone who is a convicted feller. Yes, mat is the objective of what that judge is doing on Friday.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: And if people actually paid attention to what we will talk as the merits of or lack thereof, of the prosecution, they would realize that the only person who is going to be embarrassed by this or should be embarrassed by this is the judge himself and the prosecutors who brought the damn charges against them. This was not a crime to start with, is nothing. There was no criminal activity, nothing. This was an arms length real estate transaction. Trump wants to borrow money, he uses his real estate as collateral. Made this point so many times it makes me blue in the face. I mean, come on, how much is your houseworth. It's worth what someone is willing to buy it for at the moment of sale, nothing more, nothing less. That's an arms length transaction negotiated between the seller of the home and whoever bought it. This was using real estate as collateral to secure loans from professional lenders, namely very large banks who have their own real estate departments that are capable of determining the accuracy of the value that Trump said. Trump could say, oh, my real estate's worth two trillion dollars in the bank would have laughed and said, oh no, it's not how much money you looking to borrow? And well, I want to borrow eight hundred and fifty million dollars. All right, let me check out your profile, let me look at your real estate portfolio. No, no, we value it closer to I don't know whatever, and they give him the loan and he paid it off. The banks testified at trial they were not harmed by anything. They were not out money. Donald Trump didn't builk them out of anything. They're capable, sophisticated lenders. It's a sham. It's the worst possible illustration of the lawfare that was waged against Donald Trump is that specific set of cases and the trumped up number of charges. I mean it. I'll just stop right now. Hold on, I'll bring it back and you can get more off your out of your system.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: Christopher Sartin for stealing your thunder. But this just burns my height every time I talk about it. Seven thirty six right now is stick around more with Christopher Smithman After I mentioned affordable medical imaging. Imaging does not have to cost you thousands of dollars. I'm talking about MRIs, CT scans, echo cardiogram's, ultrasounds, lung screenings, maybe a cardiac scoring. If your doctor prescribes any one of those, your doctor is gonna want you to go to the hospital imaging department because the hospital probably owns his or her practice. Keep the money in house, Hey, here's three thousand dollars out of your own pocket so you can get a CT scan because your insurance won't cover the whole thing, or your ale new calendar year ready to hit the ground running with a nine thousand plus out of pocket liability. Uh huh, you're paying for the whole thing a CT scan, and the hospital could cost you five thousand dollars in the billia extra for the board certified radiologist report, which your doctor needs in order to understand what the image shows. That all is one low price. At Affordable Imaging Services, you get a CT scan without a contrast four hundred and fifty bucks, and it does include the radiologist report. If you need a contrast, the price goes up. This six hundred same thing across the board MRI with a contrast four to ninety or without a contrast four hundred ninety five bucks. A MRI could cost you thirty five hundred dollars or more at a hospital. It's insane. I've been to Affordable Imaging Services. I got a CT scan there. My doctor had absolutely no problem with the images or the report. It works and it didn't have to show out thousands of dollars out of my own pocket, So don't do that. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. It's very low overhead, folks, but they use the same kind of equipment the hospitals use, so why pay for all that overhead? Five one three seven, five three eight thousand five one three seven, five three eight thousand final them online Learn more at Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 13: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 14: Are you feeling the impact of the recent changes in the time.
Speaker 2: Shaft O Kasee the talk station, Brient Tims, Christopher Smith got to correct the record and they want to give props to Marcia. Thank you, Marcia. I did get the cases mixed up. The thirty four phony counts relate to falsifying business records to cover up an alleged hush money payment to porn star Stormy Daniel, So I got my law fair cases mixed up regardless though it is a nonsensical, ridiculous case in the first place. So but we've seen a lot of that when it comes to lawfair against Donald Trump. Anyway, Appreciate again Marcia clearing up the record. Sometimes I'm wrong.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, Christopher, Hey, Brian, listen, there's so many there's so many cases out there, and it's one of the reasons why President elect Trump wong because so many Americans were saying that if they can do this to him, they can do it to you, to me, to anybody. And so this notion that again the judge is interjecting himself on Friday, because the goal is on the twentieth of January for them to say here history is this is mainstream media. We now are swearing in a president for the first time who's a convicted felon, when we know that on appeal, this entire case will be thrown out. And what's so bizarre about it is the crime in New York is so out of control where you have them going after Penny three or four weeks ago, who now is free but was facing fifteen years, and then two weeks later you have a twenty three year old nurse on the train set on fire by an a legal immigrant, fanning the woman while she's on fire Brian Thomas. And you would think that this city would have enough to deal with, but now what they want to continue to do with crime raging out of control, they want to do this kind of craziness on Friday, where they're going to say, we're going to zoom in the president and we're going to sentence him so that he can be officially a fellow. It's so outrageous, Brian, to see what's happening in New York. It's not a city that I even want to visit because of the crime, because of the outrageous behavior of the politicians there. They have so many other things to work on, and this is where they're spending their time.
Speaker 2: Sir, Well, it's a new County year, and now congestion taxes have kicked in in New York, so if you drive your car into certain areas in New York, you're going to get charged an arm and a leg. One of the goals of that not only to raise money because they're out of money and they always are, to try to get more people to use public transportation, subjecting more people to the evils that exist in the New York subway system. That makes a whole lot of sense. If people don't want to ride it already, go Lee.
Speaker 14: And then we have to deal with this President Biden. As I go out to say he has put all these partons out. I don't want to hear anybody in mainStreet media talk about any parton that the new incoming president makes. After this guy is issuing partons for people who have murdered people, people who were paid pay to put them into private kids into private prisons. No one understands rhyme or reason of what President Biden is doing right now with these partons. And it's quite scary because it's that example of who is running the country, who's making these decisions. They just aren't making any sense to me, Brian Thomas, I understand trying to figure out what this president is doing as he says, he's issuing executive orders making it more difficult for the incoming president, which he knows is agenda is drill, meaning he's wanting to explore oil, and Biden right now is issuing executive orders to make it more difficult for the incoming president. I just don't understand what they're doing. Why they think that the average man and woman American in this country can't see what they're doing. And my last point is this reading and writing stuff in New Jersey and the school teachers and lowering the standards. Let me tell you, Brian Thomas, we need more teachers we need higher level teachers, we need better teachers, whatever the word is. Lowering the standards of reading and writing as a standard for a teacher is so over the top and so absurd for me to read that, having been married to a school teacher, having my mother being a retired school teacher, I don't get this one at all.
Speaker 2: I don't either, And how can that possibly benefit our children who are already suffering under the current standards, not just in New Jersey but other states as well. They can't pass simple basic eighth grade you know, reading accomplishment levels, and yet they'll still advance them onto ninth grade without the requisite skills to even pass eighth grade. It's just mind boggling. But real quick, I got two follow ups insofar as the pardons are concerned, and there wasn't actually a rather critical Wall Street Journal op ed piece. But don't be so quick to endorse Donald Trump pardoning these January six ers. And there were some you know, vile actions done by some people. I don't abide by beating a police officer over the head with a poll for example, but there are a lot of you know, rather innocuous behavior that's still been prosecuted But hasn't Joe Biden, in pardoning or commuting these death sentences for all these vile, I mean horrifically vile people, didn't he kind of clear the path for Donald Trump to get away with it to the extent you want to put a pejorative term on it. If Donald Trump's you know, partnering from Jay sixers. Last time I checked, the only person who got murdered there was Ashley Babbitt when she was gunned down by a Capitol official with a firearm, even though she didn't represent any threat to the man or anybody in the room. Now beyond that, you know, when you compare some of these the worst of the Jay sixers that they've gotten incarcerated, they pale in comparison to vast majority of the people Joe Biden led off the hook.
Speaker 14: Well, let me say the short answer to your question is yes. And the reality of it is that cherry on top for this president was the parton of his own son, you know, for a ten year window of time with no clear what specific crime he was being partned for. And by the way, President Biden isn't done with his pardons, look for him to parton people like Fouci. Look for him to parton people like Lindsey Graham's dar Look for him to partn maybe Nancy Pelosi. There are going to be other partons as he leaves, going onto the twentieth his last kiss to.
Speaker 2: All of America.
Speaker 14: Are going to be more partons for people that are going to make all of us pucker in a way that we can't even imagine. So he's not done with the parton.
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 5: He's probably in.
Speaker 10: The middle of it.
Speaker 14: Brother, He's probably right in.
Speaker 10: The middle of it.
Speaker 2: Be You're right, you know. But the thing is, you know, I, at least in so far as Hunter Biden is concerned, he had charges hanging over his head. Right in so far as some of these other people that were partoned, they had already been convicted, so they've been through the whole new process thing. What a Fauci You mentioned Faucin, And I keep hearing his name being brought up as you know, a subject or likely to perhaps get a presidential pardon along the lines of what they gave to what he gave to his son Hunter. But doesn't that suggest that Fauci is then guilty of crimes? Why would you parton someone nobody. No charges have been brought against Fauci yet, so why would you what possible reason would you have to pardon them? Doesn't that sound guilty?
Speaker 14: Yeah? I think the concern is that he lied to the American people about COVID, about what was happening in China, about research that's happening in China. I know you've had on Congressman brad Winstrop to discuss that. So I think that they're things that we might not know about, that the incoming administration not only will find out about it, but will post it on social media for everybody to see. That he might have some broad parting on things that you and I are not privy to. At this point, it's pretty scary to have an outgoing president issue these kinds of broad partners if he does this for crimes that you and I don't even know about.
Speaker 2: I know some have accused of mass murder in connection with the COVID nineteen vaccine, for example, and of course being involved in gain of function research and funding the WUHUN instead of of virology or technico virology. So yeah, I mean, I knew the answer to the question before I asked it out loud.
Speaker 10: But you did.
Speaker 2: It's just of course you.
Speaker 14: Hey, Ryan, Hey, look, we're sitting here just stracting our heads, and the reality of it is the down heel of partons are not over. There's no way that he's not going to if he's part in his son. There's no way that other people are knocking on the door saying, hey, I need a couple of partons before you get out of here, President Biden. And then they're looking at him going by the way you and I have worked, have spoken to, have dealt with, and I say this in love with people who have suffered from dementia are Alzheimer's. Clearly, this president is impaired by some type of mental condition and we will find out about this in the years to come. It is the greatest cover up of a president's office. I'm talking about Schumer, I'm talking about Vice President Harris. Anybody that has been interacting with this president has been telling the American people, don't believe your eyes, don't believe your ears. The best microphones in the world are in front of President Biden, and no one can understand what he's saying.
Speaker 2: That's true. I'll leave you with this rhetorical question. Christopher do you think Diddy will get pardoned before Biden went No, fair enough.
Speaker 14: I'm concerned that he doesn't, that he ends up like f Ste. He has so much information on so many people on the West Coast that people are incredibly concerned about him testifying.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, well you know Epstein. We all know what happened to Epstein. Chris Smithman, God bless you, sir. Very happy New Year. I'm looking forward to next Monday already, my friend, take care.
Speaker 14: Follow me on at Voltsmithman.
Speaker 2: At vote smith you got it, man, excise me some fifty to fifty five kercity talk station. You get touch with Color Electric. Andrew Collen is an amazing team of certified electricians. They do wonderful work. They do it at the right price, and you'd be very pleased with the electric work they do for your home, whether it's a simple project, something tiny like a outlet installation or maybe adding a canlighter to one of the We had accent lighting added with a couple of paintings. And when they were doing the canlights, I haven't ever mentioned that just real small tiny canlights led you adjustable. You can corrotate them to highlight the painting on the wall, so they just another little project you can think about doing. We had the small can lights installed with the grow light spectrums for the plants in our bedroom. No, we're not grown weed in the bedroom, but I do dearly love having the beautiful plants that my wife has collected in the in front the windows though. But these lights actually do an amazing job of helping those plants stay healthy. So just one more little project you might want to consider. But maybe need your whole house rewired because you still have nob and tub or iluminum wiring big and small. You get a ten year wiring warranty on anything they do for you. Color Electric A plus with the Better Business Bureau to reach the numbers five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two online Collen c U l E and Color Electriccincinnati dot Com.
Speaker 12: Fifty five KRC New Folks, We are uncovering truth here Clay Travis and Buck Sexton today at noon, which will result in lib tears on.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC Talkstation eight o six at fifty five KRC E Talkstation. A very happy Monday to you, Brian Thomas. Glad to be back to work. Did enjoy my time off. Happy New Year to all, and I'm so happy it's a new year and we're still doing money Monday with Brian James Maulworth Financial Welcome back, Brian, Happy new year to you.
Speaker 4: Happy new year, and happy first snow day of the year. And all the kids and some workers out.
Speaker 2: It's a hell of a snow day too, isn't it, Brian Lord Almond.
Speaker 4: This is a whopper. Have you seen this in a very long time?
Speaker 2: We really long time. I knew we got a couple of topics you provided, and we're going to get to those. And I don't think I'm throwing you much of a carved ball, since you are a financial planner. But I had a couple of things I just wanted to bring up, and I was inspired by my own personal experience. I get my credit score, you know, I know what it is. And there was an article on the Wall Street Journal, I believe it was from yesterday, one man's attempt to get a perfect eight to fifty credit score and rather interesting article. And I not bragging or anything, but there was a period of time where I did enjoy a perfect credit score for a while and lo and behold. I launched the app to find my credit score, and it dropped down by like, I don't know, twelve points or something. Nothing in my life had changed, nothing. All my bills are paid, you know, I got all these per everything's perfect, everything's perfect. Then they suggestion on the I don't know if his equifacts or whatever it was, I don't have enough credit card accounts. In other words, they want me to have more available credit in spite of the fact that all my bills are paid and I've got enough available credit to cover my family's basic needs and probably another family down the streets basic needs. What the hell is with credit scores? And why don't they let people know? And they don't, as the article points out, they keep all this quiet. It's they said, the algorithms they assign people are proprietary, so you don't even know. And so the article goes over all these different you know, you know, the contortions this one guy went through in an effort to get an eight to fifty credit score, and it's just it was out. It was insane what he went through to try to do it, and he ultimately was able to do it just by maintaining a certain like teeny weeny percentage of some kind of balance on his various credit cards. Does it really matter once you get over and you're in that higher level? Does it matter? Should concern anybody? And do you know anything about credit scores and how they come up with them? Brian, I hate to put you on the spot, but this kind of irks me.
Speaker 4: No, not at all.
Speaker 16: And I've got clients who bring up these questions as well. Matter of fact, I have clients and there are frequent listeners. They may hear me say this who had the same experience that you did and had that eight fifty for that one brief shining moment, printed it out, brought it into me so we could celebrate, and then they framed it, hung it on the wall.
Speaker 4: So I think it shortly after that went back down.
Speaker 16: But to answer your question that these are great questions, but at the same time, once you're over really seven fifty, you're not going to get anything more special than you know, for being over eight hundred or or you know, even up with that eight to fifty range, there really aren't There isn't a you know, a special green room for.
Speaker 4: People with those super high credit scores.
Speaker 16: So it doesn't matter that much once you're Once you're at that range, you can kind of get what you need. But yeah, so question for you though, did did they did you did they specify that they thought you should have more actual credit card accounts or do they think you should have more credit available meaning higher limits and lower balances?
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't see anything but the limits. They gave me a specific number. I think I have I guess, ten specific accounts that they were able to identify within this list of whatever is an approved account, credit or otherwise, and then I should have more like fifteen to twenty or something. It's just I'm like, this seems vast awkwards, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 16: Yes, and the algorithm, that algorithm, like all algorithms, changes all the time because they're after whatever it is that they're after. But at the same time, the really the important things. You know, if you wanted that last marginal few points to get you to the eight fifty, then yeah, that's probably what you would need. And that algorithm that you're asking to tell you to give you advice on what else do I need is really reaching to the bottom of the barrel for the ideas, And that last bit is the number of accounts.
Speaker 2: It sounds like yeah apparently, so it just seems just so so stupid. If you don't need the additional credit, then why would you want it available? So I don't know anyhow, And along those lines, I just wanted to bring this up because in case people aren't aware in terms of credit, my wife just got I don't know, a Cole's statement or something. We don't even shop there anymore, but it was an announcement that their interest rate is now north of thirty percent. Thirty and it was one of several cards. You know, it was some other small retailer that we don't ever use, but I mean your thirty percent interest rate, Brian, that's insane.
Speaker 16: This is insane, and it tells you exactly who they're shooting for. They are truly, truly hoping that you will forget about it. Because remember the way a credit card works, it has a grace period too. So as soon as you swipe that card and you rack up a month's worth of expenses, you're going to get your statement, and then you've got usually twenty five maybe twenty eight days. It can waiver around there somewhere, but that's how much time you've got to get that paid off. What they're after, they're after the small percentage of people who are going to forget to make that payment and pay that statement off. Most people do. Most people get their rewards and run away. And I know you and I both play that game. Yeah, but there are a handful of people out there who will not make that payment, and they'll go, I'll get it next year. And if you annualize the interest that you're paying those on those accounts, you are simply paying an enormous amount of money for the privilege to owe a bank money.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and again, I only bring it up in case people are not paying attention because apparently, I guess they can adjust these interest rates to any damn well time they please, or maybe they have to do at the beginning of the calendar year. I don't know what the rules are that apply to these credit card comp are credit cards, But man't pay close attention because I mean, let's face it, if you could find a credit card that only charges twenty percent versus one that charges thirty, you know which one you should be using if you're not if you're going to carry a balance. But it's still it's like the word usery comes to mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and well, i'd also add based on that thought process.
Speaker 16: I know you don't really think this way, but if you're really looking at the interest rate, if you're comparing the interest rate across credit cards, then you're probably using credit cards incorrectly. If you've got a situation where you've got a balance on one of them, then you need to be looking for a balance transfer opportunity. Sometimes those are zero percent for twelve to eighteen months, something like that. But if you've got a significant balance, I would say that twenty percent is truly no better than thirty percent.
Speaker 4: It's all way too high.
Speaker 2: It is way too high. All right, Well, let's I'm tempted to take an early break, Joe. Can we take an early break because we can go to the two topics afterwards, or you want to just dive into part of the first one, or how do you want to work it? Okay, Brian, We're gonna take an early break a couple minutes early because I don't want to start either one of the topics we have remaining, because I'm afraid we'll not have enough time in the segment to do it. So let's pause it We'll bring Brian James back to talk a super size limit for four to one ks and Trump's proposed tariffs could cost some US companies. Those two subjects next. It's eight thirteen right now. If if you I have care, see the talk station. I'll be right back. Fifty five the talk station. Jud just said it's bad. Don't get on the roads. You can avoid it. Brian James. Money. Money is Brian James from Allworth Finantre. We're talking well finances, and I want to do the second one first. This I am more confused having read the new four oh one K rules after the USA Today article I just finished reading than I was when I started reading. It is the average human being supposed to understand how much money they can contribute to a four to one K given all the different breakdowns and subcategories and categories we have here in terms of you know, annual four oh one K savings and catch up contributions. I mean, this is baffling. But the number I'm reading here, can someone in any of these age groups that apply save up to thirty four thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollars for retirement next year in a four oh one K think what that would be this year. The answer is yes, yes.
Speaker 4: Apparently right.
Speaker 16: So honestly, this is all all the confusion, Bryan, is job security for me? If the Irs ever made things simple, or if Congress ever, you know, kind of tried to work a little harder to make things put things in English, then I don't have a job. So let's go over where we were so we can talk about what the changes are in twenty twenty four. If you had a four oh one K, then you were Everybody under the sun who had a four oh one K could put in twenty three thousand dollars. Whether that's wroth or traditional four oh one K didn't matter. It didn't matter what your age is. The limit for everybody was twenty three thousand. If you were over fifty, we've had something called the ketchup, but that's been around for a long time.
Speaker 4: That was an additional seventy five hundred.
Speaker 16: So in twenty twenty four, somebody fifty plus could put away thirty thousand.
Speaker 4: Five hundred dollars.
Speaker 16: New for this year is a super catchup contribution. Another flavor for everybody to remember. If you are age sixty to sixty three instead of seventy five hundred, you get to put in the thirty four thousand and seven to fifty, So now you're at the twenty three for everybody twenty three and a half. That is actually the standard limit went up by five hundred bucks to twenty three five hundred. Those over sixty but under sixty three are under sixty four rather are allowed an additional eleven two point fifty. That's a total of thirty four to seven fifty. If you're sixty four or turning sixty four this year, you don't get it.
Speaker 4: So this is the other confusing part. What the old ketchup job security again, Brian? Job security for me? Right, let's talk about what's important here. So but what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, the older you get, the more likely it is you should be able to get it. I mean, usually your highest income earning years are older. So why would someone who's sixty five and still gainfully employed and not be able to chuck board a four oh one k if that's what they want.
Speaker 16: To do, you would have to ask your friendly neighborhood actuary as to why this was a good idea. So what you've just pointed out is the ketchup contribution applies two different times in your life. Currently, it applies from ages fifty to fifty nine, and then from sixty to sixty three you have the super catchup. And then currently, from when you become sixty four and older you go back to the old catch up super Ketchup.
Speaker 4: Does that understand? Does that help you understand?
Speaker 2: I mean I do have an understanding of it. It just doesn't make any sense when you practically talk about it in real life. You know, terms like wait a second, how come it's you know, up to sixty four and that shuts off after age sixty four. Someone explained that to me, and I know you're not going to be capable of or in a position to do that. But super Ketchup. That sounds like the thing you buy at Costco, the giant size ketchup as opposed to the regular.
Speaker 4: The generic version of the ketchup.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 2: Well, and the other thing is, now this will apply to me since I am fifty nine. I turned sixty in September, I still qualify for this age sixty through sixty three super Ketchup because I turned sixty in the calendar year.
Speaker 4: That is correct.
Speaker 16: But you will, you will be sixty by twelve thirty one. Therefore, this is a super ketchup year, not the regular ketchup for you the good kind.
Speaker 2: Okay, And I know there's a WROTH provision in here too, but roths are only available to people within certain income levels.
Speaker 16: Correct, that's correct. Yeah, so that's kind of correct. Here's another fun thing too. So, yes, there is an income limitation on WROTH contributions, and that's in the range for the perry depending on how you know, whether you're married, whether you're single, so forth, it's in the range of say two hundred thousand dollars something like that. But the fun thing there is that you can do what's called a backdoor WROTH conversion because there are no income limitations on converting traditional or pre tax assets from a pretax IRA to a WROTH. So the trick there is you make a non deductible traditional IRA contribution.
Speaker 4: This is not new, this is an old thing, been around for a while.
Speaker 16: Make a non deductible traditional IRA contribution and then immediately convert that and then you wind up with the exact same result. So if you may, if you're married, you make over two hundred one thousand dollars, then you are not able to make a ROTH IRA contribution. However, you can make a pretax non deductible contribution and then convert that and get the exact same outcome. And what's really crazy about this, Brian, this was this started off as a loophole, but eventually the IRS said, yeah, you know what, you guys, this is fine, go ahead and keep doing it. So rather than just removing the income limitation on a ROTH contribution, they've simply said that if you file a couple more pieces of paper on your IRA, you can get the same end result.
Speaker 2: God, that is so insane. And I you know, you call it a loophole. If it's written that way, I don't consider it a loophole. I mean I consider that the intended consequence of any legislation that comes down the pike, because they wrote it that way, to the extent they didn't consider something one way or another. It's not it's not illegal or anything, but it's just something that's built into the tax provisions or in this particular case, the IRA provisions. Ryan. Just anyway, this is.
Speaker 4: Why we talk on Monday morning. It is all of this out for the listening public.
Speaker 2: It is well, talk to your financial planner. To the extent you don't have one, I recommend getting one anyhow, Trump's proposed tariffs. I have heard and read so much about Trump's proposed tariffs. I mean, he every other day he comes out with another tariff he's proposing. I think, you know, it seems to be getting some traction in terms of global affairs. I know the Mexico's president now plans on working with the Trump administration in terms of taking back some of the illegal immigrants he wants to send over, certainly in part because of threats of tariffs. And I see Trudeau's getting ready to resign in Canada, and one of the concerns they have in Canada is tariffs on Canadian goods. But this transcends that, and we're talking Chinese goods primarily. China is obviously a difficult competitor globally. They don't have any OSHA rules, they have slave labor, they don't have minimum wage, so it's a lot more difficult to compete with the Chinese companies. So, at least conceptually, I understand wanting to perhaps teariff Chinese products, which we've all gotten used to because they are so inexpensive compared to anything that we make here. What's your take on this, because some people are all in favor of this for some of the reasons I mentioned, and some people think it's going to ruin the economy. Do you have any personal thoughts on this or anything.
Speaker 16: Well, I mean, in terms of the impact here, it's really kind of the same discussion as when I'm doing a financial plan for somebody. What are your priorities, right, what's the most important thing to you? And what I mean by that is, if you are someone who says, you know what, the United States has just got to get more competitive because twenty thirty years from now we're not going to be able to be at the same level that we currently are, then you might say that it's worth laying tariffs against especially China, for the reasons you just mentioned. It's a lot easier for China to produce goods more cheaply than it is here because of all the rules we have. However, if you're somebody who says, you know what, inflation is the thing that's the thing we've got to focus on, not going to be in favor of these things, because there's no way to have our cake and eat it too.
Speaker 4: We can't reduce it.
Speaker 16: We can't attack China with tariffs without having any kind of inflationary impact, and heaven knows, we've seen plenty of it in the last few years. So it really just depends on what you feel is the most important, what's the best for your situation. If you are a small business owner who imports goods, who imports natural resources and things from China that you need, you're probably not real excited about these tariffs.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 16: On the other hand, you know, you might you might be if you're a company that competes directly with China, then you might feel a little bit differently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just the whole idea. It's an artificial tinkering with the market. But it's brought about because we have, well, I guess, pretty healthy trade relations with China, for example. We've gotten used to it. I mean I always just kind of wonder. I mean, had we treated China the way we treated the Soviet Union, we wouldn't even be having this discussion because we wouldn't be trading with them, period, end of story. Yeah. I re read this article this morning, our national security advisor telling us that China couldased just flip the switch and shut down our entire electric grid, given how much it's infected our our infrastructure with software and things like that, that is an enemy of ours. So if we just quit trading with them, period, And I understand the practical effect of just shutting off that light swhich is impossibility, but I mean, we have to contend with them on some way. But we've just gotten I think, fat and happy on cheap Chinese made stuff. I think you're.
Speaker 16: Exactly right, and I use the term on these airwaves pretty frequently, that we are the United States of profit margin. The one thing for how whether we've actively decided this or just passively by not objecting to it, the one thing we will not touch is the ability of our publicly traded companies to make money, because that's how we all get richer. I'm not saying that's good, bad, or indifferent. I'm just saying that's the decision that we've made. That's why it was not hard at all to cut off Russia because they were never a huge trading partner, and Russia never made the moves that China has to become a major player on the on the kind of overall world economics. They don't make plastic garbage that they can sell for nothing and undercut everybody else China does.
Speaker 4: So therefore, you know, look at the things you're buying on Amazon.
Speaker 16: If you're looking for a phone charger, how many of those you think you're actually made in the United States. The ones that are made the United States are probably four or five times more expensive, probably maybe a little better quality. That's a different topic. But if you're simply going for cheap, cheap, cheap, that's China. That's what they've been doing for one hundred years when they figured out that that's a way to get under the skin of the United States, and we're addicted to it. You know, if you've been bringing in cheap products and cheap components for whatever it is that you build, then it's going to be real hard to give that up.
Speaker 2: Well, it certainly is. And I'm just wondering, are these tariffs going to apply to all the like, for example, rare earth minerals that are brought into this country through China to build electric vehicles or to wherever that happen to the electric vehicles have to be built. We don't have our own because our own environmental laws won't allow us to extract them even though it's right there in front of our faces. So I don't know, I'm just confused by the whole thing. But did you apolitical? The realities of the world have changed dramatically since Nixon normalized trade relations with China. They weren't a sworn enemy back then. They were you know, a second world at best country. And clearly they've moved ahead in advance significantly and seek to compete with America on a globe on you know, directly on a global scale, and pretty successful at doing it because they don't have any regulations.
Speaker 4: Hmm, yeah, go figure.
Speaker 16: So if you think about it, it's almost a kind of a perfect capitalist story. They found a need that that that is out there, and people were willing to throw money at it. Happens to be here in this country, which where where our goal is is profit margin.
Speaker 4: That's our number one goal.
Speaker 16: So if they're they're the cheapest offering of whatever resources we need, it's going to be real hard to go against that number one goal and say that, you know, we're going to sacrifice these other things. Well, we always care about morality and how how how people are treated and you know, suffering and of course the Chinese people suffer mightily for lack of a lot of the regulatory struct infrastructure we have here, so maybe there's a moral argument that can be made for us paying more for Chinese products.
Speaker 2: Don't know, Brian James. Always a distinct pleasure to have you on the program on Mondays. I appreciate this segment. I'll look forward to next Monday for another edition of Money Monday, and be careful out there, my friend.
Speaker 4: Happy New Year and who day anyway, right, that's the.
Speaker 2: First time that came up this morning. Thanks Brian, eight twenty eight. Right now, if you have k s DE talk stations, stick around. We've got car Sea Cares coming up, Todd Sledge and since Ava is going to go over some topics with us at eight forty, I'll be right back fifty five KRC dot Com. The Simply Money Minute is sponsored by Emory Federick. Time for the nine first morning weather forecasts got one to five inches and I didn't saying this all morning, so maybe there's been accumulation out there since the show started, But as of this morning they expected one to five more inches beyond what we got. Today's high twenty eight would be mostly cloudia, very night, breezy and a low of eleven. Partly cloudy and breezy tomorrow with the high twenty six then overnight down this singular degrees. Wednesday is going to be a mostly cloudy day with a higher twenty four twenty three degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic update.
Speaker 11: Maybe you see up traffic center, you see healthway while center offers comprehensive of bcdcre in advanced search of go expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two six three northbound seventy five shut down in the cup the Hill.
Speaker 2: That's due to a Jack Knight tractor trailer.
Speaker 11: Northbound fourth seventy one's ramped to Fort Washington Way in Columbia Parkway blocked off due to a wreck shot ingramin fifty five KR.
Speaker 2: See the talk station. It's a thirty two to fifty five kr CD talk station about happy Monday to you, still dust in some of the cob webs of vacation out of my head. And mentioned earlier the weather will not impact the certification of the election. And I said something about Donald Trump going quickly to work after some time at one after one pm and the election certified, signing executive orders. No, it's swearing in has to happen first, Brian. So just twice I screwed up this morning. For those I'm keeping track, I myself am keeping track this morning. I may have screwed up more than that. Feel free to call me and let me know if I've screwed up. Five went three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T funds. Beyond that, we've got local stories here and westside. Jim pointed out the Democratic High Representative Cecil Thomas was on the on a program over the weekend. Didn't come up his allegations or the complaint he fought against Hamilton County prosecuted Melissa Powers days before the November election, obviously in an effort to well sabotage or campaign. Whether it had any impact on the outcome, we know Connie Pillach won first Democrat to hold the prosecutor's office in nearly a century. Sad day for Hamilton County, but you the voters decided anyway. Special prosecutor assigned to the allegations file by Cecil Thomas, determined that they are entirely baseless. Thirteen page report filed last week by Claremont County Prosecutor Mark Deculvey, appointed last month as special prosecutor in this issue, also found Thomas's sworn affidavit in support of his claims was filed in bad faith. Powers released the statement after this report came out. She said, it was shameful that these allegations were taken seriously by anyone from the start. This was nothing more than a politically motivated hit designed to influence the outcome this November's elections, and it has been dismissed correctly for the sham that it is.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 2: Specifically, Thomas filed the allegations on November one. He alleged without facts, the Powers, who was a former juvenile court judge as well as prosecutor, backdated a court entry in a case back in twenty twenty one. Powers, for her parts, she simply corrected a clerical error so that the juvenile had the right to appeal one of her decisions. Sounds to me like it would benefit of the juvenile anyway. Special Prosecutor to Coffee's investigation found that the Hamilton County Juvenile Courts computer system does not allow users to backdate entries, and if Powers had wanted information on the docket change, she would have had to first request it in writing, and there was no such request in the case, according to the conclusions in the report, So she didn't do anything wrong. I guess Cecil Thomas made it up. Another fun fact I've done. To go to all the details. Scott Wortman from the Inquire listed all the salaries the twenty highest paid county employee salaries one through six. Numbers one through six deputy corners. They make between two hundred and eighty plus grand down to two hundred and forty one plus grand, followed by the president's last CEO of Mental Health and Recovery Services, Leonora Godfrey, who makes two to twenty five. They go down from there, but I thought was really interesting the actual corner doctor, Lakite Lakshimi Somarco. She's making about one hundred grand less than the deputy corner sharing's one hundred and fifty three nine and eighty four dollars a year. Apparently because she's an elected official, her salary is set by state law and is based on the county's population side. So just a little fun fact. I kind of feel sorry for her on some level, or maybe the deputy corners are making too much. I'll let you draw your own conclusions and conclusions we will draw on the Cincinntiva. Todd Sledge returns to talk about some information we had to impart to our veteran friends out in the audience. Hope you can stick around for that. That'll be next.
Speaker 13: This is fifty five KARC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: At U Line.
Speaker 4: They know first handway.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show in a very happy new year to you, Todd Sledge from the Cincinntiva and everyone at the VA who's helping out my veteran friends in the audience. Good to have you back on this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brian, happy new year to you as well, and glad to be back on here at twenty twenty five and make sure that we're getting all the information out through our veterans that are needed. As we are, we're constantly changing, seems like over the last twelve to eighteen months.
Speaker 2: That is for certain, constant changes and hopefully all for the better for the American veterans that you serve, and I trust that you guys had the snowplows and the shovels out around your VA facilities for this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're I've been working hard this morning to get make sure we get information out. We just we just had a report about everything. Where all of our sites are open and operational. Hospitals, got operations going on, and yeah, they're diligently working to get things clean.
Speaker 2: And actually we had kudos to our veterans. They're diligent.
Speaker 3: We had folks that were scheduled for surgeries today and they were there. It's six thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: That's great. That's great. I'd be that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got our staff in there. We made some turned our auditorium into a respite location. First staff to stay overnight, to have food.
Speaker 15: And all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh no, kidding. Yeah, Joe Dreger had to run a hotel room last night so he could make it to work this morning. And I drove in Ato a quarter to three this morning, and he made the right decision. The roads were absolutely horrific as I was coming in at least the route I took, so and he had absol moving away from the snow issues. Let's talk about the five benefits that every veteran should be aware of and ask about what are these five essential VA benefits?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brian, so you know, I'm always trying to find creative ways to uh to motivate veterans to take a look at all of their available benefits and resources to them. And really what I've come down to is there's five essential benefits that veterans should be aware of an acquiring of.
Speaker 2: And typically what I.
Speaker 3: Find is this is that amongst these five veterans take full advantage of using the home their their home loan to buy a home.
Speaker 2: That's a benefit.
Speaker 3: Oh, you take advantage of the take advantage of the GI bill to get educational vocational opportunities in that regard. But then when it comes to healthcare, when it comes to filing a claim, a compensation claim for whatever conditions ailments, mental health, combination of physical and burial benefits, these three boxes they just sometimes go unchecked. And these are these are in my opinion, every these other three boxes. The healthcare, the possible compensation and benefits that are not only for the veteran but also for their family as well. And then the burial benefits. These are things that just go look on that all veterans should be inquiring about at least see where do I get, what do I get? How do I use them? And then particularly for those veterans that are you know, fifty years of age or younger, don't wait till later on, you know, get enrolled, have access to the care that you need when you need it, because you never know when your circumstances change. And what we see more and more is our veterans that are in their mid to mid seventies to late seventies even eighties never needed VA healthcare for other reasons, life changes. We're the only healthcare option that they have. They could have been using US for a very long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it correct to say that the senior veterans and that you know, the's age groups over sixty five, they're not eligible for Medicare and because they get VA benefits.
Speaker 3: Yes, there there that is. It's well, they can still have Medicare. They can still have Medicare. The VA just won't build Medicare as part of their billing process as they do it.
Speaker 2: They won't.
Speaker 3: It's it's like a you know, a federal double dipping in that process, but they can still have Medicare and use VA, they just don't build it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I see. Well, in terms of the healthcare the there's a lot of little extra perks, and we've talked about these a lot over the years, todd Sledge. A lot of extra perks that you know, kind of fly under the radar for some folks, like you know, when you're in employment aids, like you pointed out, you know, don't wait till you know when veterans under fifty you should go ahead and enroll because you know, there's all these little perks out there, like hearing aids, for example, you can get those paid for compliments of the VA and not have to dip into your pocket under your health insurance plan.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 2: I mean that's just one illustration of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The three main ones that I focus on all the time, Brian, and thanks for pointing that out is hearing aids, eyeglasses, and then any type of prosthetics. You know, you know, things can Prosthetics can range from a foot a boot that goes on your foot, to crutches, two different kinds of things there. These are very costly areas of things that you know, veterans shouldn't be spending a lot of money on I've ran into numerous veterans who have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on eyeglasses and prescriptions and hearing aids when we can make these things available to them at either no cost or a very minimum cost to the private sector.
Speaker 2: And that's the other benefit.
Speaker 3: You know, there's many miss and misconceptions out there that you know, veterans cannot have private health insurance and use the VA. You can. It's a huge benefit to have our mental health services. There's no restriction on the number of times you can have sessions or receive treatment, whether that's inpatient or outpatient. And then of course you know the pharmacy. You know, our prescription rates for certain medications that may be very very costly to veterans in the private sector. We can help them save some money in that. So there's there's a lot of ancillary benefits.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: One of the things I think other too, Brian, is that some veterans feel like, well, if I start using the VA, I need to turn all of my health care over to VA.
Speaker 4: That's not the case.
Speaker 3: The big thing to remember, these are benefits We're not an insurance based healthcare provider. These are benefits to veterans.
Speaker 2: All right, let's pause. We'll bring Todd Sledge from the SINCINNTIVA back and a few more questions for you about these benefits. I know you have some additional information to pass along, so we'll pause for a moment and be right back. Stick around Beugh KR CD Talk station. You know, I love the American veterans. Thank God for each and every one of you in your service to our country. And Todd Sledge from the SINCINNIVA helping out veterans every single day making sure they understand that they are have they have VA benefits available to them, regularly reminding the veterans out there with the DD two to fourteen honorable Discharge to sign up for those benefits and take advantage of them. And Todd, I've gotten in trouble many times before by saying come on, as it was part of your salary. You know there's a lot of Obviously financially, it's going to take the edge off of so many things you mentioned. The hearing aids, the eyeglasses, the prosthetics, prescriptions, all of those are available to you. They're just you don't need to break it down specifically, and I'm gonna put you on the spot, Todd, but there are some financial cutoffs, like for wealthy veterans out there, that they don't necessarily get the benefits. I always want to clear the record up on that because I've said that so many times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brian, you know the way legislatively that the VA set up is that veterans do have to go through an eligibility process to be enrolled in VA healthcare. And there is a if veterans don't have a service compensation benefit, a non service connected pension benefit, or there's other criteria that is very specific to waiving any other exemptions. There is a over the income threshold four veterans that would not make them eligible for VA Healthcare. And so what's important about that? And I'm glad you bring that up. This is where we want veterans to be able to be filing for any type of service connected related compensation opportunities that are available to them. And when I said about us changing so much in the last twelve to eighteen months, this is where the Packed Act really came in. The toxic exposure requirements of things I've seen veterans who were not eligible before for VA healthcare become eligible because of the long list of different toxins in those presumptive editions that were not recognized previously. Is now made veterans become eligible. And then on top of that, veterans that are service connected at a lower level, let's say they were maybe initially service connected for ten or twenty percent related to their service. The Pact Act has significantly increased some of those percentages for veterans. One of the many examples that I've seen as veterans went from a lower percentage to a higher percentage above seventy percent. And what that then does is it now provides long term care at no cost for life. And then veterans also receive educational benefits for their children or for example, like eighty percent of in state tuition is covered.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So again reasons to you know, just get to the right experts, the right offices, and just you know, look at everything that's available to you.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you said that last part. Get the right experts, the right resources, because that really is what veteran service organizations are for, like the Claremont County Veteran Services I have them all the time. They can help you navigate these filings and these challenges that the veterans might be confused by and pursuing, you know, their available coverage or benefits.
Speaker 3: Rather. Yeah, that's absolutely true, you know, for you know the part that I represent all the time and working with you. We're on the healthcare side of things, and you know, primarily specifically to the healthcare eligibility, right, you want to contact our main office at five one three, four seven, five six, four nine nine. But many of those other benefits that I mentioned, looking at service connection possibilities, looking at non service connection possibilities, the educational benefits, the burial benefits. You know here particularly Hamilton County, Claremont County, and Butler County are the offices that we work with. They do phenomenal jobs. They've got great officers. I know a lot of times, you know, veterans and families come to those offices looking for immediate assistance, which again, if you're looking at claim stuff, that stuff's going to.
Speaker 4: Take a while.
Speaker 3: But those offices do so many other things. They offer financial assistance for those veterans that live in those counties, plus transportation services, so there's so many different things that are available, you know, to veterans that take advantage of that. You know, we want to continue to make them aware of right.
Speaker 2: And that's why I bring them up, because they do that. You're right. They do a fantastic, fantastic job for the veterans.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: So for all age group veterans, how does a veteran get enrolled in VA Healthcare and then also remain actively enrolled? Is there additional steps you need to remain active once you have been enrolled?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the worst artist is what I said before, is to start with our eligibility office. You call five one, three, four seven, five six, four nine nine. Those are directile lines to our eligibility staff. There is an online application that veterans can do and they find off the national websites. I don't encourage them to do that just because I'm going to be transparent. It's a bureaucratic system line of that, and I'd rather I'm still old school, Brian. I want to pick up the phone and I want to talk to someone on the other end and be able to ask the questions.
Speaker 10: That I want.
Speaker 3: So that's the eligibility route for that. And then once we get you enrolled. We really do want to see you if you're fully healthy and you don't really need services, but we do want to see you every year and to maintain your real active treatment plans all the prevention model based healthcare system. We really want to see you every two years, you know, so it will forecast that out. One of the complaints that we get a lot of times from our veterans is all, my goodness, do you remind me of all my appointments? I get a letter, I get a postcard, I get a text message, I get a phone call. So there's multiple ways that we do want to see you. But that's how you stay and remain active with us well.
Speaker 2: And it's all in your own best interest in terms of maintaining health. And you can get in front of a problem. It's a lot less costly for the American taxpayer to deal with and it's a lot better for you to get ahead of health problem. So you earned it. En Roll five one, three, four seven, five sixty four ninety nine. That's that's the number you call to talk with Todd or one of the crew over at the cincinna Va and get yourself enrolled in the benefits that you earned. Thank you all for your service to our country. And Todd, keep up the great work at the Cincinni VA. I know you're doing your best to help my veteran friends in the audience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, Brian, we appreciate your collaboration and partnership. And yeah, last year, I just want to mention in twenty twenty four we saw the highest number of veterans we've ever sold in one year. So veterans were reaching out to us and taking it advantage of things they've worked before. So we're very happy about that.
Speaker 2: Well, to the extent I played any part in that role, it makes me just as proud as I can be to be in a position to spread the words. So keep up the great work. I know you and I have talked throughout the year about these important benefits. So getting rolled five one, three, four, seven, five, sixty four ninety nine. Happy New Year, Todd Sledge, you and everybody at the Cincinnati VA. Keep up the great work.