Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Friday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 3: You're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 4: And the man wearing Dennis Currn's old number six makes it too nothing With John Taylor, I was just gonna say underrated egg, deviled egg and Rick Dolly Wall.
Speaker 3: Now you're gonna go on the couch at eight o'clock tonight, sit down and let's put it in.
Speaker 2: Here's Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 4: Ten o'clock in downtown Vancouver where the Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dollywall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He is the man at the controls our director. The voice of God is Derek warn How are you?
Speaker 3: Oh, it couldn't be better? Took my positivity pills last night and this morning.
Speaker 4: And yet when I first came in, you said you were going to criticize him.
Speaker 3: Ah, stop, you did and I did not. I want to are you kidding me? How can you criticize them? They're playing?
Speaker 4: Well, let's speaking of positivity, let's talk about our show before we go to What's happening? What happened last night with the Caducks also also positive? But what a show? Moj is going to join us from Super Bowl fifty nine? What's this about a snake?
Speaker 3: I'm here he we had a snake around his neck last night in New Orleans.
Speaker 4: Like he has a video of it.
Speaker 3: But you know, you go to some places and no, I don't know that. Actually they put a snake around your neck and you walk around with the net snake you right here at Oh boy, you didn't get me to do that. No, I'm sorry that poor snake, poor snake.
Speaker 4: Forget about moj.
Speaker 3: We don't know if the snake is alive.
Speaker 4: Snake's like, what the hell is going on here? Who is this guy? Alegai crocodile? Good lord? Is an algator? Crocodile Gator? Right into it? Wow? Moj is going to join us later. We'll see if he brings his reptiles. That's going to be during the DTMZ segment Taste of Mojes there, Yannick Hanson and you know, I don't Yannick. We hear him on six fifty every once in a while. Man, he's good. He breaks down the Kannuck's better than any and he's not afraid to criticize, unlike you.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have the pompoms like a.
Speaker 4: Lot of people. He's going to join us next former Canuck and just after eleven o'clock. And I think this might be. This is all due respect to everybody, the biggest Kannuck fan out there, my famous Knuck fan, I would say, so, Michael Buble is going to join us just after eleven o'clock. He's going to be did you know soon at Rogers Arena, he's on the voice and he's fired up about what's going on with the Canucks these days. Bad and and good. Okay, last night the Canucks beat Colorado three nothing again without Quinn Hughes. So that's three of a possible four points without Quinn Hughes and with their new players. There's so much to impack from last night, so much of it good. Let's get to the highlights first and then we'll talk about to what we have to unpack. We'll unpack after the highlights. Derek, We're good, Rock and roll, Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC, Connuck Luck on display. First period, Martin natis back to Cale mccarr his shot off the post behind thatcher. Dempco Avs hit the iron three times in the opening frame. Second period, still no score until this Mackenzie Blackwood is gonna stop. Philip he Roonic puck goes up in the air. Jake DeBras glove stick mesh his team leading nineteenth want nothing Canucks in the home blue. Then thatcher Dempko is going to go to work, and I mean go to work. Crazy sequence first Dempco and e p Deeca by the thwart Cale mccar. Play continues, and moments later Nathan McKinnon sets up our tury lekinon and our tury Lecanon is absolutely robbed by thatcher Dempko. Nothing wrong with the poplatias, the back latias, whatever, and the sequence ends with Dempko's glove hands saying no to Cale McCart standing ovation after all of that, and it stays one zip. Third period, Philip Peronic he had a strong game. Look at the stretch pass here all the way up to Jake debreast the saucer with a skip to Broc Besser, the man wearing Andy Sleeper's old number six makes it to Zip his seventeenth dying seconds now Blackwood pulled, abs cough up the puck to Drew O'Connor. No relation to Carol. He motors to the right side, long distance back hand Setanos Cannucks egg the Avalanche three nothing, Vancouver at San Jose through and then a home game against Toronto Saturday, and that's it. Then it's the Four Nations break Rick. In fact, the Four Nations Canada versus Sweden starts a week from today.
Speaker 3: Canucks are four to one on one in their past six Oh you can feel it, Donnie. Four to one on one is good. Only eleven goals against in their last six games, and two of them are empty netters in Dallas. Defensively, playing well, goaltending's there. I know people are complaining about Dempko and Dallas. He's been good of late things. Four bodies, new bodies came in, bodies went out, coaches dealing with all that stuff, Donnie. And they're winning and they're winning. And I know they lost to Detroit, but they got a point. There's no Quinn Hughes. Last two games, a lot of positive stuff.
Speaker 4: So tied with Calgary for the second wild Card in the West, the Flames in the second World Card. They have more wins, but points wise they're they're tied. And the Canucks, I don't know if you saw this, one point behind La for third in the Pacific. But the Kings have three Kings have three games in hand. But you would never have guessed that a week ago that would be a possibility.
Speaker 3: And more importantly, Donnie Utah and Saint Louis they're put in separation. They're six points back.
Speaker 4: So uh so much again to unpack so much a positive from last night. I want to start here, Ryan, how are you by the way we've We've put you to work a large way over the last hour or so, A lot of video to show people today. I want I want to start here. Where where has this been? Like the Canucks standing up for each other last night? Like love it? Miles Wood spears in the groin area? Uh, Carlson and what does Nils Hoaklander do? He stands up for his guy goes after him? But where was that? Myles? What is a scary looking dude? And spears Carlson. Carl Carlson goes now look at Hoglin Holdland going after av after AV. Where was this. I mean, they lost a tough guy in JT. Miller. They say what you want about JT. Miller, there's some edge there, and you know there's Hoglander standing up first teammate. I thought it was fabulous and it just continued time after time after time. Yeah, yesterday, standing up for each other.
Speaker 3: And I want them to do this. When Quinn Hughes, the All World defenseman gets hit.
Speaker 4: Well and then right here too, Elias Petterson defenseman and Jake Debrusk taking on again AV after AV standing up for each other. I found it interesting that Susie, who may very well lose a job to Elias Petterson, was sticking up for the kid yesterday. But I just I just don't understand where that's been. And then all of a sudden, you make a trade or two and you look way more like a team, a team that cares.
Speaker 3: Well size wise. O'Connor are huge, Marcus Petterson huge makes it different.
Speaker 4: But not everybody who's you know, of size is going to do that.
Speaker 3: Nort and I get it, but it's great to see. But the next time it is Quinn Hughes that gets that done to them, I want to see the same thing because Hughes has been bruised and batter and they didn't do that. When he does it, start doing it. When Quinn Hughes gets bruised.
Speaker 4: In back, I love I love the hoogliner. I thought that was Did he have a perfect game, Absolutely not, but that moment there was outstanding. Again, so much too unpacked. We've only got so much time on this show, and then we have all those heavyweight guests we have to get to. But let's focus on a player we saw there, Elias Petterson, whatever you want to call him EPD DPD number twenty five, talk at is calling him Junior, whatever the case may be. He looks really, really impressive. Ray Ferraro made a really good point. He makes a lot of good points. But near the end of the game he ended up playing just under fourteen minutes. I thought it was way more than that because he was all over the place and he really got under the avalanche skin. Yesterday.
Speaker 3: I just I jam. He's got a lot of jam. He's gotten old face, a heavy game. He's a thick guy. You have a comparable to him. My comparable to him is Mattias Oland, But I mean just a thick guy. Likes to lay the body. He's only twenty years old. That's the other thing, Like people don't realize he's not twenty four to twenty five making his NHL debut. This guy's only twenty, you know, he's only got to North America not long ago. So it's so many impressive things with this kid.
Speaker 4: Picked up his first point against Detroit. But he reminds me, and maybe I'm maybe Mattias Oland is more accurate, but he reminds me of Alex Edler in that Well they're both Swedish, both third round picks by the Vancouver Canucks, and a lot of people say, well, what are you talking about, Don Alex Edler wasn't physical like this kid. He was at the start of his career before he started to have back problems. Alex to hit people left and right, and he had that offensive ability that he showed throughout his entire career. So that was my comparison. And again, very very early. We're jumping the gun here. I understand all of that, but it was it's really when you're comparing a young defenseman like that to one of the best defensemen of all time, and Oland as well, two of the best defenseman of all time in Connuck history. That's that's pretty pretty impressive. And I don't think we're the only ones who are impressed by this kid. Ferraro is sure he is.
Speaker 3: Everybody is wreck I talked to a team the other day. He said that kid is going to be good, and I'm going to tell you he's a wrecking ball. Led the Canucks and hitch last night, donning with four.
Speaker 4: Two on Logan O'Connor, who was really upset with the way he was being manhaddled by him.
Speaker 3: He's forced Sussi to the right side to done like he wasn't gonna play us today. I know he forced Sussi to the right side, like we know what's going on with Susi. But my goodness, this kid is forcing the club to make moves because of his great play.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's let's again more to unpack. Like I said, I thought Philip ronic was was fabulous last a couple of assists with no pressure on him because when he was isn't there, you know, and the power play wasn't great, but he was on that first unit of power play. But let's hear now from Rick Cockett because Marcus Patterson was very good as well yesterday and has been very good since he joined the Canucks. This is Rick Cockett post game on his uh well on his two Peterson's on defense starting.
Speaker 5: You know, he's he's a he's a he's a bull out there, strong, good first pass, can shoot. I mean, there's just a lot to work with. You know, he's a prototypable D that you want on your team. And then like you and we're talking to there with h We're in Dallas that game. Before the game, we were talking how there's lots to work with this guy. So you know, he's a he's a he's a guy that we're glad we have.
Speaker 3: He's like I said with the other other Peterson, Marcus Patterson, what is it that Adam Foot maybe likes most about him.
Speaker 4: And what he can bring to a lineup?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the underrated part. Even talking to Sid but just even watch him in Pittsburgh. He's a he's a leader type, Like he's chirping on the bench, he's talking like usually the guys he had traded there quiet.
Speaker 4: He's not quiet.
Speaker 5: Even the last time out we were talking and he was talking about going the weeks like he's not afraid to. You can tell he's got some leadership qualities in him, and it really adds to our room as much on the ice.
Speaker 4: I didn't know this about Marcus Petterson, that he was that vocal, but he's a real leader, and I didn't know about him in the dressing room that he is like that, And I think they need that this. I think this team tends to be really quiet. That's that's from the outside looking in, tends to be really quiet. And you made the point about Marcus Petterson and his fight card through the years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is fought some tough guys over the year, defending teammates. He's fought Tom Wilson, He's fought all the guys, the tough guys in the East. So this guy is another guy you talked about that will stick up for his teammates. And do not forget Sidney Crosby texted Rick Talkott after the trade and said, you got two good players, especially Peterson Marcus. That guy is a leader in the dressman. When Sidney Crosby goes out of his way to do that, that's a really good thing, don is it.
Speaker 4: Shane O'Brien made a point about him as well, I can't remember who it was. It was Mike.
Speaker 3: Rupp, former Penguin. Yeah, former Penguin.
Speaker 4: Who's down NHL analyst and who does he work for? An NHL network? Okay, so Mike Rupp respected NHL analysts. He used to play in the National Hockey League. He called Marcus Pettison one of the top five defensive defensemen. There you go in the NHL. He's got a good first pass. There's there's a whole lot there. Let's hear from brock Besser a post game who got that second goal in the nice pass from from Jake Debrusk. Brock Bester on his team's ability to bounce back after what was a first period.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was really proud of the way we played. And you know, that's a good hockey team over there, and we knew, you know, obviously their star guys, you know what they can do in a game, and you know they.
Speaker 1: Got some looks.
Speaker 6: But I think we kept strong and held the fort down and Dummer makes the money real safe. So you know, kudos to everyone tonight.
Speaker 4: How good you feel for that trap or everything he's been through.
Speaker 3: To get his first shutout of the year.
Speaker 6: Oh so happy for him. You know, he worked so hard. He you know, he does everything in the right way. He's such a good pro. And for him to get a shout out tonight, you know, just says one of his good friends. It's awesome to see and to see him make them saves like that, it's uh, you know, I'm just so happy for him.
Speaker 4: Everything's happened so quickly with the Canucks. We forget about you know, we'll even just last season of this season. All the anticipation and positivity going into this season, Uh, that didn't work out. But then all of a sudden over the last week or so, for example, didn't ryan. Last week we had a poll question about who should they ride and goal. I think Kevin lankin In won going away. That I would think would change if that was our poll question today, and people would say, now, you got to go Dempko. With the way he looked last night, especially in that second period.
Speaker 3: He regains his for him and you got lankaning You got the best one to comme in the league.
Speaker 4: Right there. Okay, other things to unpack from last night. We hope to do it as the day goes on, As the morning goes on, we talked about what we got on the show today. Moj is going to join it? Well, was it just me? In the eleven o'clock hour before that, as part of the DTMZ segment Mojen his snakes to explain explain that Mojen is a snake, is alligator crocodile from Super Bowl fifty nine in New Orleans and the DTMZ segment Michael Bublay Canuck super fan. He's going to join us just after eleven o'clock. Big ride the Twitter guy later this hour and up next former Canuck Yannick Hanson, thanks so much for tuning in. Folks, Donnie and Dolly the team on Jack, Dollie and Dolly.
Speaker 2: The team is supported by Abelaunchings dot C. Closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 4: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 3: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 4: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold, Please email sales at able auctions dot CA. That's sales at Abla Auctions dot CA.
Speaker 3: The Mayside Resort is a boutique luxury resort like no other. Nestled on the bluff above beautiful Parksville Beach, this beautiful ocean front property prides themselves on offering a uncompromising fusion up West Coast, authenticity and bespoke luxury. Their guests have come to expect a truly personal experience where all senses are indulged. The setting is gorgeous, the memories last a lifetime. Whether you're looking for a panoramic ocean view or an on site fitness center, indoor outdoor pool, oceanfront restaurant, loud high speed internet access, or the perfect place for your next corporate event, the Bayside ocean Front Resort the perfect choice any time of the year. It's called two five zero, two four eight eight, triple three and buck yours day today.
Speaker 4: It is Wednesday, and all of our guests today brought to you by our title sponsor. Where would we be without them? Able Auctions Able Auctions dot C. A Canucks over Colorado by a score of three nothing. In San Jose. The Canucks are on Thursday before hosting the Leafs before the Four Nations break on Saturday. Here to talk about the Canucks's former Kanuck analysts and sports that six point fifty Yannick Hanson, Yannick, thanks for doing this, sir.
Speaker 3: How are you yeah? My pleasure.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: No problem. So that's three of a possible four points, Yanik without Quinn Hughes, but three of a possible four points with the Kanuck's new players. What are you seeing from this team right now?
Speaker 7: There's no question that they needed some of that depth that they added. We needed a defenseman who could play behind Quinn, Hughes and Heronic and seems like Pettison could do that. They needed some depth forwards as well. Hiddle and O'Connor looks like they could be those players. The only problem is the player we took out of the lineup is one we couldn't really replace in a top center, so right away, as soon as he gets gets moved. Now we're seeing reports, oh, Vancouver's looking for a top six center, which is hard to find.
Speaker 4: We'll get back to the center ice position in a bit. But Nils Hoglanders, he sticks up for Linas Carlson Carson, Sussi sticks up for DPD what a moment's like and we haven't seen a lot of that this year. What are moments like that do for a team?
Speaker 7: Hopefully the gallanizes them a little bit. There's been a lot of chatter around this team, a lot of noise on the outside, stuff that players can't really do anything about. So it's nice when you get on the ice and you can feel that the team is sticking together that if somebody come after us while they're coming after all of us and we're going to respond, and it doesn't really matter who's out there. It's the responsibility of the players out there to make sure that nobody takes advantage of our guys out there. That being said, obviously you don't want to go overboard and take needless penalties and stuff like that, but have a respond let the other teams know that, hey, you're not going to push us around without some sort of repercussions.
Speaker 3: Yeahnik, I watched McKinnon mccarr net just last night. They look dangerous every time they touched the puck last night, dangerous, dangerous. I'm gonna get over to Alish Petterson. He's not looking dangerous. So, well, what's going on there in your eyes Yetnick, Oh huh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's tough to watch because again, that's the that's where he's getting paid. He's getting paid like playing to play like McKinnon and he's not. And you're mentioning they were dangerous all night and I saw that too. I think everybody saw that. And that's what you're hoping from Petterson because if he finds that form that he had, it's a long time ago, it's a year ago that he played at that level, then this team is a whole nother conversation.
Speaker 3: So so it's.
Speaker 7: Frustrating because it's such an incheckral part of this teams. You need your number one center, you need your highest paced player to perform, and right now that that's missing, and it just adds on top that you're moving JT. That was kind of playing up to his standards. Yeah, his production could be a little bit better, but at least you could see he was there, he was engaged, he was intense. It looked like he cared what happened. Sometimes that's missing with PD. I know they're two different person analogies, two different type of players, but when players aren't performing, at least show me that you care. Go out there and run somebody do something that's been in your control. You can't control bounces, you can't control whether or not your score and your scoring chances. But look like you're working your tail off to get back to where we feel like you should be.
Speaker 3: Yadika, No Quinn hughes last couple of games. You know he's had the hand, it's taped up, and now he got hurt in Dallas. Would you keep him out of the Four Nations?
Speaker 7: I mean, yes, I don't care about the Four Nation. If I'm Vancouver Canucks, you're in a dogfight here.
Speaker 3: You need him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they've gotten points without him, but this team is miles ahead when he's on the ice with them Four Nation. It's a nice treat and I get it. He gets to play with his brother and all those things, But if there is any kind of lingering ailment, I'd keep him out again. At the end of the day, it's probably gonna be up to Quinn. If he feels like he can play, he walks into the medical room, Alvine's office and say, Hey, I'm healthy, I can play. I'm going to play against San Jose on Thursday. Are gonna play against is Toronto? I think they have on the weekend before then. You can't really keep him out. But but again it's the rest could do him well. He plays so much, he plays hard, mintage, He's going to get tax down the line as well. So I don't think there is any benefit in it from a Canucks standpoint. Yeah, you're player is playing and competing in this event, but but you need him in two weeks when the league starts up again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you top You talked about top six centers earlier. Does Filipedo look like a top six center.
Speaker 7: I knew nothing about him. I don't watch a lot of the eaton conference, but but he's impressed me. Again, He's a young he's got wheels, he got skills. He looks like the type of player you're looking for when you say, is this player making players around him better?
Speaker 3: And he does.
Speaker 7: He sets up plays, he's dangerous off the rush, he works hard, he skates, So I really like that addition. Again, can he fill the void lift by JT. That remains to be seen. He hasn't done it in the past, but he's definitely a player that the Canucks can use and if they find a way to fill in above him. While we're that much better for it.
Speaker 4: He's getting more responsibility at least so far in Vancouver than he did in New York. You've been there. What does that do for a player?
Speaker 7: Well, so a lot of these guys are skilled and they're looking for opportunities and with the opportunities comes responsibilities and stuff like that. So it remains to be seen whether or not he can introduce to the point where he can warn skating eighteen twenty minutes a night, first PP minutes and all those things, because if you don't produce, somebody else will get those minutes and then your minutes will dwindle and now you have to become effective in less minutes.
Speaker 3: That can be harder.
Speaker 7: But by like I said, the first two games here have been good. I know he scored the first one, but he had he had a couple opportunities last night as well making play. So again, get him situated, comfortable with linemates in integral part of the power play once Quinn comes back as well, because that's a big part of that power play as well, and let's see what he can do, because he is probably the one player now that can make this trade feel a little bit better because there's no question there. I think there's a lot of anger, frustration, and a lot of a lot of those adjectives coming with this trade, because it's it's frustrating to have a team that four months ago we thought was so close to competing with Edmonton and the top of the Western Conference and now we're squabbling over locker room issues in those things. But again he can if he turns out and become a valuable player on this team, producing as well, then this trade won't look as bad as it probably do on the on the surface.
Speaker 4: And yeah, do you see what the Canucks see? And here reminds me of a young Alex Edler, by the way, maybe Mattia Soldi. Do you see what the Canucks see in defenseman Elias Patterson.
Speaker 7: Last night was the first time I really had a chance to get a real good look at him, and he was noticeable in all the right ways. He can shoot the puck. The physical part is something you're always looking for, and he threw some thunderous checks and for a young guy that that's not that easy to do because you're sometimes maybe a little bit.
Speaker 4: Word going overboard.
Speaker 7: And what's gonna happen if I do this, but he looked not intiminated in anywhere. He was in there pushing and shoving, getting grabbed and all those things and and didn't back down. So young player who again, you hope that these players will step into the lineup not out of nowhere, but players you aren't going to get in in trades or or free agency. That comes from drafting well, scouting and then developing down in Abbotsford or wherever they're coming from, and then making a not just an impact, but a positive impact and again go on to play years and become a steady part of the core and the Canucks.
Speaker 4: You're very good at this, Yanic. We've got to get you back. Thanks so much, my friend. That was outstanding. Really appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thanks for having me enjoy the rest of the day.
Speaker 4: You bet Yanna Canson from a Vancouver Canuck there and then twenty eleven.
Speaker 3: Fast guy was fast on the ice, Doney.
Speaker 4: Number thirty six. You know, I wonder as the as the years go by, if he stays around, But what people are going to say about Manny Malhultra and the job he's doing down in Abbotsford. I really liked Max Sassin earlier in the season two guys, and it was you know, he's been up and down, sporadic ice time, that sort of thing. But I thought he was pretty impressive. And then EPD DPD again whatever you want to call him, man man, he stood out. You don't often see somebody get under the skin of the opposition at that age, but that experience, it's like he did last night. A really good team too, just love.
Speaker 3: He goes to the dirty areas, the grit, the compete, everything that. We're running out of words to describe. The Ellis Peterson, the young guy number twenty five and.
Speaker 4: He's he's part of our poll question. We'll introduce that next our waddling dog poll question. Donnie Della did team on check.
Speaker 3: Our podcast is brought to you in part by birds Nest Properties, lower Mainlands leader in rental property management, from finding a tenant to collecting rents and property maintenance. Birds Nest Properties delivers five star property management services with the reviews to prove it. Birds Nest Properties your Vancouver property managers who take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks at birds Nest Property as a call today six oh four two six to zero double nine, double five or visit Birdsnest Properties dot c Oh so good.
Speaker 4: I love this Tommy two tone. It took me twenty years to realize that, and I think I've got this right. That Tommy two tone is not a guy. It's the name of the band, like Bud Jet, Ro Tull and Pink Floyd. Not actually a person. It's the name of the band. Wow, put that on your pipe.
Speaker 3: Eight six nine. I listen to this all the time. Jack it up.
Speaker 4: Remember that when we had phone numbers without the area code five.
Speaker 3: Two six, five oh five. That was my number in the seventies and eighties, five two six, seven, five oh five. Never forgotten.
Speaker 4: To nine four four.
Speaker 3: There you go right there. Fun.
Speaker 1: If I'm in here, you're gonna make fun of user shocker. Ninety four is part of your phone number. Shocker.
Speaker 4: Do you remember this at all?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I my no area coades. No.
Speaker 1: I always remember an area code. Now there's like, what are we up to in Vancouver? Four or five?
Speaker 4: And didn't see me five zero and there's seven eight.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, it's too much. Back in the old days we had three four, five, six, seven, five or five. That was great. Yeah, we used to take a rocks candle to pan as well. So you're gonna make fun of us.
Speaker 4: I mean you're more of an old man than either of Hey, you you are. And if somebody has a seven seven eight number, I just don't even I didn't put it into my phone.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice because mine is seven seven eight. So that's good.
Speaker 3: There you go, it is why so it's all he was now too, I got seven seven eight right now.
Speaker 4: I can't do that.
Speaker 3: You're making fun of us because back in the seventies.
Speaker 1: It's because of the way you're not.
Speaker 3: You act like we did that in the nineteen twenties.
Speaker 4: Just another example of how things were simpler back then and way better, way better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know what, adding three extra numbers when you have to die somebody is just just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole world is.
Speaker 4: I know he's not a guy, but what would Tommy to? You never have that song if there was an area there was a six o four in front of that, it doesn't work. Yeah, you wouldn't have to eight.
Speaker 3: Thro it's a great song. It's a great shong. And listen every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, hey, what do you mean. I don't think he listened to it every day. You know why I don't You know why. I know you don't listen to it every day because it's a great song begins.
Speaker 3: So I do my twenty minutes on the bike. That's when I google it in and listen listening to Wham. Let's get to the poll question. We were supposed to do that.
Speaker 4: I think visit one of Victoria's favorite pups, the Waddling Dog, where you can enjoy twenty caps and twenty screens. You're home for the Connection UFC. Come sit and stay at the dog today, Rick, Ryan, get her up the Waddling Dog.
Speaker 3: Pop pole question? Who has been the most impressive Petterson in the past two games? Connuck games?
Speaker 4: No? Well did you? Did you mention how Ryan worded this?
Speaker 3: He screwed it up. Who's been the most impressive Pederson in the past two games? But for some reason he put Cannucks games. No, we were talking about Swedish games. No, we were talking about games in the East Coast Hockey teaue. Obviously it's the past two connect games. Donny. Anyways, Uh, no, surprise, yere DPD which is the young defenseman don leading at eighty three percent.
Speaker 4: You're asking me of course, Kate.
Speaker 3: But I there's three Pettersons. We've got to break it down. Marcus the new guy from Pittsburgh thirteen m p. Three now and look at this, the first Petterson to get here. This is not good. Uh, that's not good.
Speaker 4: Don you wanted to say something about.
Speaker 3: Him, I didn't want to say anything.
Speaker 4: We'll say something. I didn't notice him last night. I didn't know you know that, and not great.
Speaker 3: Every time McKinnon was on the ice, I'm like, holy smoke, something's happening, macar something's happening. Uh, he's in that salary bracket and that just boys.
Speaker 4: He nice shit.
Speaker 3: And I can see why the Canuck's been trying to get him. All their dangerous players look dangerous.
Speaker 4: And who do they want to give up for Martin us?
Speaker 3: But he just is not looking dangerous right now. So you want to get here. JT. Miller's been traded three games ago. He's got one assist and that came third period Dallas, when the Canucks were down by three garbage time. It's as Jenna Katson just said, it's time for Ellis Peterson to pick it up.
Speaker 4: Is he capable of it? Right now? I just have to think that he's hurt. And if that's the case, should he take part in foig Nations?
Speaker 3: Okay? To stop with the hurt if he is hurt, Is it not in the best interest of the Vancouver Canucks and Elias Petterson to take a week or two?
Speaker 4: Or I said, I wonder why are they not taking time off? Maybe he does during the Four Nations break. Maybe he says no to Sweden.
Speaker 3: He said yes to Sweden when he got picked.
Speaker 4: You have the right to say I don't want to go, and he said no.
Speaker 3: He must be healthy. If he said to Sweden, I'm gonna go to the to the Four Nations. I don't think he's a competitor. He's probably saying I get through this. And he said he said yes, But sums up. I want to see a difference maker, and we're not seeing it right now. And I thought when Miller was gone, apparently Miller was the problem. Well he's gone, Miller's gone.
Speaker 4: Okay. We've talked a lot about Peedison the last year. In fact, he was around this time last year, the All Star break where things started to go south.
Speaker 3: He can still turn it up.
Speaker 4: Other than getting the big contract. Things started to go.
Speaker 3: Five points in San Jose tomorrow. Book it.
Speaker 1: Oh, that'll be a hell.
Speaker 4: We got a few goals against fairly recently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, book it.
Speaker 1: I believe one year tomorrow. It was that first game back out of the All Star Break, there you go, which was in Carolina, Carolina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: You wanted to give us an update on a player who we thought wasn't going to play yesterday ended up playing Carson Susie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I talked with Sushi's agent, Jerry Johansson. The Canucks are trying to move him. Uh. Susie's first preference, don He is to try and make a work in Vancouver, and if not, Johansson will get involved and help the Canucks. Johansson or Johannes No, Jerry Johansson from Edmonton. Good guy, he's good palamne.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: If not, Johansson will work with the Canucks to out facilitated trade. Susie can help himself, Donnie by playing really well in the Canucks scene.
Speaker 4: That's a good that that's a shocking piece.
Speaker 3: You could just stop. He was he wasn't on the left side. He's a left shot defenseman. They moved on the right side when Susie signed to Vancouver six to seven teams rafter him, he had Vancouver down to three. He's a Viking Alberta kid. Uh pick Vancouver. Look, Ryan's home of the Viking Alberta Home of the Sutter is the greatest hockey family ever in my eyes. But anyways, Ryan said this morning made a lot of sense. Cannocks have signed a ton of guys in the last couple of years and then they get rid of them a year later. The kids the salmon arm Lazarre.
Speaker 1: That's not even a year, Rick, that's months.
Speaker 3: Lazarre was months in. I will tell you this, Cannocks better be careful. This is going to hurt them long term with agents who are going to start saying, hold it a sec. You guys keep signing guys to two three years and getting rid of them six months in or a year and a half in on a three year deal.
Speaker 1: What are they supposed to do?
Speaker 4: Keep well, what are you talking about, Don?
Speaker 3: Why are you signing guys to They gave him a no trade clause, full no trade clause. Don, Sure, but you believe in the guy. If you give them a no trade for the first two years.
Speaker 4: Man, you're still on board with the agents.
Speaker 3: Stop the agent crap.
Speaker 4: It is a fan. Yeah, Okay, I like and look, we've taken our shots at ruthfer nol Vine. You have, but whoever has. I like to think of us as a team we all have. Yeah. I like the fact that, hey, they're saying, these guys aren't working out. We're admitting a mistake here, let's unload them. But you want to worry about the agents, what about you.
Speaker 3: Can only say that for so long they are making a lot of mistakes and correcting them quickly. How about stop making those mistakes done, then you don't have to correct it.
Speaker 4: There's no obviously. But I do like as opposed to you know, I do like that as opposed to somebody. Well, we can't because we can't trade them. We can't unload them because it'll make us look bad. Somebody's not working.
Speaker 1: But even if you remove the agent piece case, so you're a player, you're appending UFA, especially if you have a family. Okay, and you have you have two three teams.
Speaker 4: You're stating the obvious. Obviously, you have two three.
Speaker 1: Teams in the Vancouver Canucks or one of them, and they're offering you three years or whatever you want to now look at the long.
Speaker 3: Time, three years in good days.
Speaker 4: I I agree, But I do like once you get somebody here, I like the fact that they and again maybe it hurts them and maybe you know, in a way that will affect the fans because the team won't be as good because you're not able to attack attract free agents. But I do like the fact that this regime, with all its warts eleven point six, it admits that when it makes a mistake.
Speaker 1: But there's a balancing act of doing it too many times.
Speaker 4: Obviously obviously.
Speaker 3: Okay, So they signed Miller two and a half years gone, Patterson four months into an eight year deal. They want him gone? The whore vat uh uh? You love that? Yeah, but what deal did I like?
Speaker 4: You thought he was underpaid at eleven six team million a year?
Speaker 3: Stop, donnie stop, look at that. They're making a ton of right. Do you sign a guy for seven years and get rid of them in two years like they did to J. T. Miller four months. We are four months into Petterson's deal and they want to get rid of them. That's not good. Don You don't sign a guy to eight years and his agents don't sign for eight years, oh four months, and understandable.
Speaker 4: Because the no trade clause doesn't kick in until the second year, So.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't be here. We shouldn't talk about it.
Speaker 4: Keep it, keep it. Let him go for eight years and it's Louis Erickson Part two but worse.
Speaker 1: To Donnie's point, though, Petterson's a unique case because there's a ticking factor on his the no trade claws, right, Let's like that. Let's be honest. That's that's part of why we're there. It's more that other group of guys like hine In and Day are team man Horvat, Peterson and Miller up the middle of the ice probably the best one two three combo up in the up the middle of the ice in the NHL.
Speaker 3: And then now they're down to Petterson and you want Peterson.
Speaker 4: How are you being so negative? They're playing kicking right now.
Speaker 3: You got me going, I'm on this. I'm not being negative. They love their four one on one in their past six games.
Speaker 4: How we do it for ton?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: You got business, I've got business.
Speaker 4: And then we'll throw to break right. Able auctions sorry title span Jeremy great guy Thursday. Able auctions will sell twenty mini excavators, rick dats tomorrow Thursday, it's tomorrow, Today's Wednesday. A fifty three foot mod space portable office, a large sim power okay, a large simpower generator. All kinds of trucks and vehicles, including transit vans and dump trucks, plus a whole lot more.
Speaker 1: You like that boat that I love the boat?
Speaker 3: It looks like a hovercraft. Is not. But why don't you have the description of the boat in your copy? I don't get that.
Speaker 4: I'm not in charge of the copy.
Speaker 3: Can you ask Jeremy for a description of the boat.
Speaker 1: I'll get Jeremy to bring the boat down.
Speaker 4: You've got twenty four hours to do it, because the Yeah, that boat's gonna go fast.
Speaker 3: It's gonna go fast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some marine type old sailor Fraser River, Popeye okay, yeah, everything, which is the weirdest cartoon everybody?
Speaker 3: What was?
Speaker 4: What was Popeye?
Speaker 8: Was?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? Popeye? The are you kidding me? Sailor man in spinach? You had the skinny girlfriend, olive oil, olive oil, and uh Popeye was great? Are your kid brutus? Who do you? Why do you think kids? The parents are telling kids to eat spinach right there. Popeye, it was weird. Take a look at it again? Are you serious?
Speaker 4: It was a we made a movie. Robin Williams wasn't he in it? That was weird too, And it wasn't great. Shelley Duvall played olive oil.
Speaker 3: Yes, Popeye was a great cartoon. Are you kidding? Dog?
Speaker 4: Come on, take a look at it again.
Speaker 3: They had Popeye cigarettes for kids that I remember their seventies and eighties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how'd that go? That's encourage smoking? No, it was, which is Weirdndy was.
Speaker 3: Finish.
Speaker 4: They encourage eating and at the same time encourage he wasn't real smoking.
Speaker 3: And we were in grade six and they cigarette a gateway candy. He used to pretend it was Popay cigarettes. They still have them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say no, Papa, Yeah, I think they still have the candies. Yeah, Maxton and Derek says, yeah, Max didn't get any for Halloween this year.
Speaker 4: But what I r cigarette?
Speaker 1: I remember getting them in my head.
Speaker 3: Popeye was great. How can you shoot a rip? Papa?
Speaker 4: It was weird. It was a weird.
Speaker 3: The Sailor Man, Oh it was good. Singing again it was good. It was a good intro to the cartoon.
Speaker 4: Maybe later on he can sing it for us. Everything sold to the highest bidd Thursday, February sixth for information on this vehicle and an equipment ouction the way he used to laugh, it's kind of freaking go to able Auctions dot C A A b L E Auctions dot c A Michael Bouble at the top of the hour, Big Rise. Next Donnie Delly the team on Jack. Hey everyone, it's Donnie and Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 3: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast, and on social media.
Speaker 4: We'd love to get involved with your company. Called two five oh eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at Checkmedia dot ca. Jesa had a big ride the Twitter guys. Several people in the Delaney's Okay Tire and Langley Inbox, including Devlin in alder Grove, informing us that Pompeye cigarettes are now called candy sticks. Oh really, not cigarettes, candy sticks pot bye popeye stuff. What's wrong, Ryan? What's going on here?
Speaker 3: I'm like, Oh, he's grabbing a piece of paper.
Speaker 4: From NBA Raj, who's a regular contributor. Also, I'm mentioning that you're good. He seems a little flustered. You donna have your script Forgottess cop I'm good.
Speaker 3: I'm chilling.
Speaker 1: I'm chilling, big rind On the Twitter g I brought to you by Surri Mitzebies. She check out a vast selection of new and used vehicles, exceptional car care and customer service. Surrey Mitsubishi has a vast selection of used cars, trucks and SUVs. I've got vast in here. Twice I need to fix that. Visit them one three eight to two zero one o Fourth Avenue in Surrey today or online at Surrey Mitsubishi dot CA. Say hello to Daniel in the entire crew.
Speaker 4: There can sticks, not cigarettes.
Speaker 1: Can I put this on my resume as once opened for Michael Bubley.
Speaker 3: You opened for him because.
Speaker 4: You're the opening act. Yeah, well, this whole hour would be considered the opening act.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but me specifically, I'm like, the fifteen minutes before should I sing a song or something.
Speaker 4: I'm just worried about the act after Michael with modes with a snake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the game, and that would be that would be interesting, that's for sure. Okay, look at we got a lot of photos I wanted to bring up. I wanted to show this one. This is from Kyle. H. Kyle said this to us. Hey, I heard Rick talking about what task when? Yesyesterday, here's me minus twenty three today, not in with task wing, but in neighborhood Edmonton, a neighboring Edmonton. Neighboring he put neighborhood, but neighboring Edmonton. Just wondering if you could give me a shout out, Kyle from Surrey, but in Edmonton, minus twenty three. So dolly, well, next time you can play guy, Kyle. It's two degrees and raining, and you can know that it's a lot cola.
Speaker 3: Noduke, no gloves, no jacket, no parka. Look at that Kyle and Surrey. Good guy. I know Kyle, he's a big fan of ours. Yeah, he's sucking it up. He's look at that. You gotta give him credit in his pockets today. Hey, it was minus eight this morning at Vancouver at five o'clock.
Speaker 4: Dog, Oh good lord, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Be okay, are you guys serious like it was minus ade? We never see minus eight? Are your kidding, But you chirp, chirp, chirp, you get in your shorts and tank top and go do a mile. And then who would do that?
Speaker 4: Why would I do that?
Speaker 3: Okay, if it's if it's not cold and gold, get in your shorts and your tank top. Why do you do that? No, I'm not. I walk the dog every day four or fives in your.
Speaker 4: Shorts and tank No else, I got a Parker. What about these guys? You see it people once in a while, skytrain or just around to it's minus eight. Yeah, and they've got their shorts on. Why why do people they're trying to prove how tough they are.
Speaker 1: No, it's not that. It's not that, it's this. It's this new fangled generation of everybody constantly wants everyone to take it.
Speaker 4: There you go, Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: It's why you buy a cyber truck.
Speaker 1: It's why you wear shorts in the freezing cold. It's why you dye your hair pink.
Speaker 4: All those thing about shorts, pink hair in a cyber truck.
Speaker 1: W well, and look at speaking of cyber trucks, one of the first people I know that had a cyber truck was Kanye Look what he did over the weekend. Well, not him, but his significant other things.
Speaker 4: He was the mastermind right now exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, developing story, guys, that's not great news for hockey fans.
Speaker 4: And that is.
Speaker 1: Mike Sullivan announcing this morning Sydney Crosby is being evaluated for an upper body injury.
Speaker 4: That looks painful.
Speaker 1: So this is the play last night. Uh, collision is very awkward. He's you can tell his left arm kind of gets jammed up here and then he goes off the ice. But the thing is he actually did come back to play in this game against the Devils, but you can tell he was in a ton of pain.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He skipped practice today and then afterward Mike Sullivan said that he's being evaluated for an upper body injury. He's got no other details, he said, once they have them, they'll share them. Of course, this is a concern because one week tonight Canada will be taking Sweden. Is taking on Sweden, not taking it from anybody. God knows. Canada will be taking on Sweden in the opening kickoff game.
Speaker 4: It might take both countries.
Speaker 1: You never know. Coordation phase, Captain. But also more importantly, look at man we how like long have we talked about and waited to all of that. And if this now gets torpedoed because of an injury a week out, that will suck for for well, cann of fans, technically for for hockey fans. That will really put a damper on this thing. And then on top of it, if you lose other guys of interest here like maybe Hughes and et cetera, like it's just not it's just too bad. So we'll see what happens. I mean, they say he's being evaluated. You never know.
Speaker 3: But if Quinn Hughes doesn't play in San Jose, Tomoral in Toronto, how can you justify him going Well, there's a lot of media members that I guess Rick talked yesterday almost made it that he might be out there, that he's out for San Jose. They've kind of already decided that now. I mean, it's also one game road trip, Like why why would I know they need to the worst team in the league, Like why.
Speaker 4: I that's that's that's scary.
Speaker 3: There could be a trap game there you go, That's.
Speaker 4: What I was looking for. Remember with Quinn Hughes, it's not just the lower body, it's that that arm of his Yeah right, the left hand, yeah, slash.
Speaker 1: Arm Yeah, well almost that play in Dallas, it almost looked like the ribs, like the way he was grabbing. But yeah, right he said lower body, I know, I know, and that's clearly not the lower but the hand is debatable, but the ribs are not. Okay, moving on here. Okay, so his story picking up headlines in New Orleans, not the fact that Moja's there. I mean, that's picking up yeah, with a snake and pet alligator. But it's this yacht owned by Jaguars owner Shod Cohn. Look at this thing. It's a super yacht, four hundred feet long. It's valued at three hundred and sixty million dollars. Okay, here's some of the details involved in this yacht. Again, JAG's owner, Shod con three pools, which is weird to me because just go into whatever body of water you have the yacht on, Like, why do you need a pool that's redundant the ocean, yeah or whatever. If you're in the river, Nile or something, I don't know wherever you might have it parked at the time river you see a lake, but you never know the size four fireplace. Again over kill, a spa, a sauna, a cryo chamber, which I think is like one of those recovery dry ice things.
Speaker 4: Right, okay, yeah, a.
Speaker 1: Gym, a yoga studio, basketball and pickleball courts, and a top it off hockey rink. No, a helipad. It's sleep sleeps twelve people. Well we should ask him sleeps twelve and has a crew of thirty that only sleeps twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that seems.
Speaker 1: I know, four yacht and it's only sleeping, sleeping like thirty seven crew members, but it only sleeps twelve people.
Speaker 4: Well the crew members are sleeping too, yeah, so I mean they're really close.
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Like Sean Cohn one gas basically that can sleep on this thing? So like why don't you blow out one of the pools and build another bedroom? Like come on, like three pools. But anyway, it's are the talk of New Orleans because this is parked in New Orleans. I guess he must have drove there or somebody's there. Sean con I don't know, of course, big bigge get on the young, hey, don't put he posted a video outside of it.
Speaker 3: He's seen it.
Speaker 1: He has seen it because he posted a video by it.
Speaker 3: If there's anybody that can get on that yachtish mode. Yeah, we've seen him in actually a week.
Speaker 4: Away from being one of the crew members.
Speaker 3: Yeah you imagine joins us.
Speaker 1: He's got a sailor hat on one of those big telescopes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got the boy straight to the cafeteria.
Speaker 4: They're always too tight.
Speaker 1: Oh, anyway, you can ask Mojes about it at eleven thirty.
Speaker 4: Sailor hat, yeah exactly, Yeah, yeah, pipe did tattoo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you kind of describing pop I really at this point, you know, it's a sailor theme today, a sailors He used to work on a fishing boat. Really, yeah, wow, there you go before he got big obviously.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: The voice is catching Harry Grammy Award winning albums and I'm at the fish plant. You know, I got a lot to do here. Coming up next, he's Michael move Burnaby's very own. He's next to DONNYE. Dolly the Team I check.
Speaker 3: House of Golf the premier destination for indoor golf in the Lower Mainland. Elegantly designed and powered by industry leading track Man technology, the facility is home to six golf simulators, offers hourly bookings to hone your game, entertain friends and family, and host clients in the perfect social setting. Take your next event to another level, whether it's a birthday, staff party or a quiet event. House of Golf is built the host groups of all ages and for any occasion. Cater however you see fit and let us welcome you to the great indoors. Head the House of Golf Dotsier for more information, that is h Aus of Golf Dotsia.
Speaker 1: Spider Man.
Speaker 4: It's so good, okay. All of our guests today brought to you by Able Auctions, Able Auctions dot c Hey and that includes singer songwriter winner five Grammys, fifteen Juno's. He's in a big red chair on the voice. He's hosting the Juno's March thirtieth at Rogers. Arena Caduck, super fan, friend of the show, longtime friend of the show. Michael Buble prior to Burnaby joining us. Now, how are you, sir?
Speaker 8: Good morning, Thank you for.
Speaker 4: Having me, No problem. Love in the Jersey. What do you think of when you see that flying V looks like Tiger Williams Better believe it, oh Tiger?
Speaker 3: Love it?
Speaker 8: What I just it's oh Man the sentimentality is deep. And I think about my grandpa and my dad taking me to every almost every single home game down at the coliseum, and we used to walk backwards. You know where the horse races were there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we used to.
Speaker 8: I'll be cold. I was a little kid, and my grandpa would always say, walk backwards. The wind against your back is better. And I hold pads and walk them backwards. This is the greatest time in my life.
Speaker 4: What's your man cave situation right now versus how you used to watch Canucks games when you're a kid growing up in Burnaby.
Speaker 8: Oh? No, I have my own man caid. Now this is not it. This is my son's bedroom. Okay, but I have my own man caid. My wife like made me this cool. It's not very big, but it's me and my buddies go down there and gonna go watch the Super Bowl and everything, and it's pretty cool. It's nothing fancy, just you know, a place to hide from children who never leave alone.
Speaker 4: You've got seventeen of them, so don't blame you. Hey, what's your The Canucks beat Colorado last night?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 4: Nothing. I'm sure you were watching, But what's your opinion of the Canucks two trades. What was your opinion on Friday of the Canucks two trades, And what's your opinion now after a couple of games with the new players? Oh?
Speaker 8: God, I you know what, man, I have I think we talked earlier about this that you know. I'm a guy who my brother in law sent me a text from three years ago or whatever it was, when we traded for j T. Miller four years ago. And it's me getting upset that we how dare we give a first and a third to Tampa for this guy who couldn't stay on the Rangers and couldn't make it past the second line of the lightning and uh? And I'm saying, what has he done? This is terrible and look how that turned out. So don't listen to what I think about trades. I thought it was listening. I thought it was amazing under the circumstances. I absolutely loved it, loved the move, loved it.
Speaker 4: And what about now?
Speaker 8: No, I loved it before, and I think I knew. I think I knew what they were what they were getting after. I think, obviously you know, there was no world in which JT was staying and and I think they you know I knew maybe things other people that I knew that you know, Cheetle was obviously obviously in the first but the Manseni part of it was a part where I knew how much the Rangers coveted him and how much the Canucks did too. And I think, you know, I'd never heard of him before, but I think that now you're starting to see that coming out where you know, you're realizing that was a more pivotal part of the deal. And then they take that first and they go get Marcus Peterson, who some some people will argue is top five, top ten best defensive defenseman in the league. And now you can see they're starting to build from the d out, which is which is something I've I've really not seen much as a Canuck fan. And you can see, guys, like the last three games, how different it is out there. And I know the results aren't always there, haven't been there. They weren't there the first game against Dallas, but it's a different it's just a different team. And and that's without Quinn, so I can't I can I can imagine it's even better when when Quinn comes back. I wrote nothing. I wrote thatcher last night and told him that I just happen before him, and I know it means a lot. And he loves the people here, man, he just loves. It means a lot to him. He's a really competitive guy. And I know, you know they care, they care, they want to be here.
Speaker 4: That was a heavy name drop there by the way.
Speaker 8: That's not even heavy. Who else I talked to this morning you would think, oh, you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't do that. You have you can't tease us like that.
Speaker 3: Who was it?
Speaker 8: I just I just wanted to show off. No, no, no, I just you know what it's it's a pretty cool thing to be just a punter and be like, you know, a fan and love the team and get to know guys like that and like you do too. I mean, it's always cool and try to you know, I always just try to be positive about the whole thing.
Speaker 3: But Michael, last year, nothing went wrong for this team, and this year there's been a lot of drama. Has been tough. Tough that drama for.
Speaker 8: You, Yeah, frust I mean just like you guys. I mean I walk by a poster in my basement almost daily and it's of me coaching and standing beside Elias Linnholm, Quinn Hughes, Patterson JT. I'm trying to think of and Thatcher and it's the All Star Game and I walk past it and I go like, oh, yeah, oh, how did that happen? But I mean that's I think that happens, right, guys. That happens in all sports, and you never know what's gonna happen or what guys are going through. Yeah, definitely definitely frustrating.
Speaker 3: Lots of heat in the market on Alish Patterson, Michael, do you think he can get back to his old self?
Speaker 8: I think he's an incredible defenseman, I really do.
Speaker 3: That was good you had me go on there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, you know what's funny I do? I think? I think, Yeah, I can see Pets turning it on and he's happy, you know, and he's doing he he wants it real bad. You know, he wants to show everybody. He wants to show everybody, wants to show the doubters, and he wants to do it for himself, for for his coach, for his teammates. And yeah, it's funny. Man. When I when I talked about coming on here, guys, it was because you know, I feel like I'm in a pretty kind of unique position as a fan who who you know, I know a lot of the guys, and I know a man, and and I just I wanted to say something like this if I I wish that there would have been someone like that in in my fandom. Where what I want to say to Canuck fans is this, be careful where you get your news from, because there are people out there nationally, and there are people out there in our own market. And I'm not going to even name names, but they feed on negativity and and honestly just downright just pulling stuff out of their ass. And and it's funny because you know you'll read all these things you know about this or that don't happy. I can tell you this. They're happy for JT. They're genuinely happy for him. They're happy. Yeah, those guys are happy for his success. They know he had to go. Of course they know what they're losing, but they're also happy for themselves. They're also that's a happy dress room. That's a bunch of guys who are really excited to show, you know, to show us that that they're galvanized, that they you know that they want this badly, and and now it's funny after watching last night, It's like, I don't think that that comes as a surprise to people, you know. You know, it's just it's just so hard. We've been hurt so much. I've been hurt so much. It's so it's so easy to be negative because we've been disappointed over fifty years, you know. But I feel like, as a fan, I look at what we have in a management group and I go, my god, we are We're in a really good place. We're in a great place. We have a group there who have a lot of integrity. I think they know what they're doing. I love that they're making moves to help us now. They're expeditious with those moves and at the same time, they're not thrown away our future.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: A lot of these moves help us now. But now you look at but those d guys coming up, it's we're going to be good. And so I just think that I hope that I can settle the nerves of Vancouver fans. I do it for my friends. I talk to my friends about it sometimes and they'll call them. I mean, even that deal, when that deal came down, they just went nuts and they went nuts, and but there was a lot to understand there, there was a lot to understand. They didn't know who Cheetah was, or you know that that first would be moved, or that just the cap room just the cap room alone? How much that? How many options that gives you? You know? And I don't know what? Let me ask you, guys. I mean, I know you talk about pontificate about it story as a sister. What do you guys think? How do you like? How do you guys feel right now? Last night?
Speaker 4: This is this is our job asking you the question we have Michael.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm just listening. I'm just I'm the fan who gets to be in this position and ask like I want to do what a fan would you like? Without like? And by the way, I want to ask you something else too, without putting your spot. You don't have to ever talk of anything else controversial stuff. But I know that you know that a lot of the stuff they're writing is garbage. And I would never ever take away a person's dignity. But what do you feel when you go and read the thing and you go, well, that's not true. I know that's not true. I know I've got my own friends and sources and this isn't happening. What do you like? Does it frustrate you as a as someone who is kind of a fan, do you.
Speaker 4: Go like, I'm not sure who you're talking about, but I'm gonna guess that maybe I could guess correctly because there are a couple, there are a couple. There are a couple of people who don't come on this show, and there's there's a good reason for it. So I'll just I'll just leave it at that. But let me say this about this about the team right now, Michael, that the last two games, I know they lost against Detroit, I think they've been fabulous versus what we've seen earlier in the season. It looks really good. It looks like a weight'spin lifted. And I what you said about JT that they wish the best for him, but it was for the best for the team. It looks like that on the ice right now. How's that? How's that answer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're pretty safe.
Speaker 8: That's a pretty safe answer.
Speaker 4: I thought it was Edgy. I thought I thought it was Edgie. Hey listen, I'm looking at you, and can I ask you something I'm looking at Can I ask you it's our show. Why am I asking you? I'm looking at you and there's a jersey and I've seen you in the stands. You know, you're not in a luxury seat, You're not in the owner's box. You're in the stands with your kids, high fiving fans. Is that is that okay? Is that safe for you?
Speaker 8: That's the I love both, you know, it's funny. I love going to see my kids don't want to sit in a box to watch the game, but uh, they so, they love it. They love going on and people are always beautiful to me. I love I love that part of my life. I love my city. There's a reason I never left. I feel like everybody else left and said, well, yeah, you know my I'm Canadian, but my own is and I just, uh, I love it here. I don't know why you'd leave. Why the hell would you leave the city in the world. And uh, the only reason I do like the box is I go up there sometimes with Francesco, round Toigo, and I like those guys. I like hang with those guys. But also I love a bathroom.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yeah, none access you line up, nothing like that. It is the number one reason is this. There's no question about it. Hey, we got we got a time here. But Michael, what's going on in your career? First of all, you're hosting the Juno's. I know that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hosting the Juno's again, that's all about how much I just love my city. I love my city, my province, my country. And what I wanted to do, guys, is when they called me to do it, I said yes, But I said I needed to be a party. I needed to be a black party. And when I said listen, this is not me being woke or giving you some virtue signaling crap, you know, man, I so I play like ball hockey in my basement and stuff. And if you look at the guys that come, we are every single color and culture. And last year at the gramm Us there was this Southeast Asia, East Indian guy and all my buddies were so pomped us there. And so when they said asked me to do this, I said, listen, I want this to be about a collaboration between why our city, our province, our country is amazing. I wanted to I want us to have all of these different cultures, these genres, these things all brought together and to celebrate it. Not because some executive says we need to give one of one of those and one of It's like, that's okay too, okay, you know, representation, but representation because they deserve to be represented, because they're building up arenas all over the planet and it may not be the thing that we know, you know what I mean, that might not be, but there's huge, you know, beautiful beautiful kinds of different music and cultures. And so that's what it was. For me. It was like, let me do that. And they were, they were, they were very excited about it. I just thought it was a different angle than the wokeness, you know, just you know, I want to celebrate Canada before it changes and before and I hope it's controversial, but you know what I mean, we're going to get bigger when I think, you know, places like California and New York become provinces. So ye, before that, let's could have done before we invite our neighbors to come there.
Speaker 4: And just so you know, it's it's March thirtieth, and every buddy before entering the building has to walk backwards, right, that's the only stipulation. All right.
Speaker 8: The tag man, what a great tag it.
Speaker 4: All, it all ties together. We'll get you back on the show again.
Speaker 3: Michael.
Speaker 4: All all the best, my friends. Thank you Michael Bubley again. Five Grammys, fifteen, Juno's hosting The Juno's March thirtieth at Rogers Arena.
Speaker 3: Canucks cannot get a better ambassador than him. Zero. There's nobody out there that can that that loves the Canucks. And you hear it in his voice. Starting loves the Canucks like the way Michael does.
Speaker 4: Okay, like I said a way over time, here was Michael Buble. Come on, we're gonna update the poll question next. Donnie Delly the team on.
Speaker 2: Check Dolly and Dolly. The team is supported by Abelauctions dot ca a Closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 4: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets.
Speaker 3: Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 4: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold, Please email Sales at able Auctions dot CA. That's sales at ab LA auctions dot Car thanks to Michael Bloblam. I'm not sure, but I think he's a Canuck fan.
Speaker 3: Oh little bit, little bit.
Speaker 4: Wattling dog. Whole question has to do with the Vancouver Canucks as they defeat Colorado three nothing last night, and visit one of Victoria's favorite pubs, The Dog, where you can enjoy twenty taps, twenty screens. You're on for the Canucks in UFC. Come sit and stay at the Dog today, Ryan.
Speaker 3: Get her up. The waddling dog pup pole question. Who has been the most impressive pedison in the past two games? EP forty deep, DPD or Marcus MP three PD.
Speaker 4: Stop with MP three. It doesn't work.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work.
Speaker 1: We got to stop a lot of people that replied to the poles saying, because he's the third good it's good.
Speaker 3: Yes, go in the order they came one, PD, two PD three bottom.
Speaker 4: Line MP, Well, that's kind of what I mean.
Speaker 1: That doesn't clarify anything.
Speaker 4: MP twenty nine would be better. Sorry, but that's not it's not a kitchy. We've got over this. Move on.
Speaker 3: Can I get to the results? Eighty two percent the young defensemen. Everybody in town loves him. And then Marcus comes in at fourteen percent, and then the first Peterson that came here at a very low four percent.
Speaker 4: You have some news surrounding a call up from Atbosford.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Niles Aman has been called up by the Canucks and Marcus uh no, Carlson. See now you got because we're talking two more sweetes and the other.
Speaker 4: Three squee does he have a nickname?
Speaker 3: Linus? Carlson is going down. He got the Miles Wood get the groin area, gave him the shot in the groin area. He's going down and Niles and Man is coming up.
Speaker 4: It's like a surprise to you asking you that question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm talking about three Petterson's and then now.
Speaker 4: You know con Carlson in there.
Speaker 3: Carlson, I'm talking about five Swedish players there in about two seconds starting business. Yeah, look at this, absolutely so surprising. Looking for a gift for a sports fan, Hubb an addition to your man cave, pastime sports a place to visit check out the largest selection a sports Memorabiley autographed items, trading cards and collectible games of Western Canada pastime in Langley. Two in store signings coming up tomorrow. Canuck legend Trevor Linden. Then on the sixteenth Jonathan Lecaramaki. Details on these signings and upcoming signings, events and card drops available at Pastime Sports DOTSI.
Speaker 1: Eight laptop something a little different for the card today?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, the card?
Speaker 1: Oh the day you changed it for one thing, Peter Stastny, Why did I choose that card?
Speaker 3: Ryan?
Speaker 1: Why explain that to me? Well, first of all, he's with Quebec Nordiq's not in this card.
Speaker 4: Colorado yesterday, that too.
Speaker 1: Shorty brought this up last night. One of the other instances in NHL history multiple people with the same last name on the same team.
Speaker 3: Stasty's three of them, Anton, Peter Anton, who's the other one?
Speaker 4: Do Marion?
Speaker 3: Marriot? Marian?
Speaker 4: All related?
Speaker 3: And I do remember when they came in the eighties. Don he was a big deal.
Speaker 4: I think he might be the most underrated and I think Ray would agree with underrated NHL player of all time. Second in points through the eighties to Gretzky, and not a lot of people remember him. But the Devil was also played with the Blues. One of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet, really, just huge, big human being.
Speaker 3: Two came over first, and I think Anton came late.
Speaker 1: So who's Paul Statsny's dad?
Speaker 3: Peter?
Speaker 4: Oh, there we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Peter was the best of the brothers.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, okay, we're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I got to tweet here. This guy is up next. He just posted this moments ago. He's having some crawfish mojes at Radio Row, so hopefully you can put that down in time for you guys to talk to him. And he's gonna do birthdays.
Speaker 4: As well, So I gotta say, crawfish, I'm not Well's he gonna cheat like he always does? Well, that's the thing, Yeah, always did. I'm not jealous of the crawfish.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, You're not jealous of moch eating the crawfs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not jealous of that either.
Speaker 1: I'm not jealous of the crawfish man, trust me where it's about to go.
Speaker 4: I'm not jealous when I get reincarnated, I don't want to come back as one of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, percent of his picks his hand.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to say one other thing. I know we got to get going, but I tweeted this out last night. The end of the game I thought was really significant. For the connection because what they ended up winning. So there's that and not surrendering a goal, but who they had on the ice ended up with the empty net goal. But this is what I tweeted last night, protecting a late leading against the Apps. Final minute goaliepolled among the players on the ice for Vancouver, among the skaters, Marcus Petterson, Drew O'Connor, Philip Heed O'Connor against the empty netter. That was a solid endorsement of Friday's two trades, three players that they acquired, and talk Adam Foot had, you know, enough belief in those three players to put them on and it was two nothing, It wasn't one nothing, but enough belief in those three players to put them on at a crucial time of the game. I think it's it's said a lot. I don't think anything anybody would have I don't think anybody would have a problem with that. We're good, okay, DTMZ with Moach next down in New Orleans, Donny Dolly, the team on check.
Speaker 3: Ad.
Speaker 4: January the month of few goals, new diets and oh no, those Christmas bills. But don't worry, Surrey Mitsubishi has to cure for your holiday.
Speaker 3: Hangover right now, get into any new Mitsubishi and make no payments for ninety days and that's not Get a free extended warranty and enjoy rates as low as zero point nine to nine percent.
Speaker 4: Driving a car payment that feels like you're financing a yacht. Negative equity got you sinking faster than your new.
Speaker 3: Year's gym plan. Don't stress.
Speaker 4: They're the pros at getting you out of a high payment and into a budget friendly ride.
Speaker 3: Kick off the year with a win. Visit them online at Surrey Mitsubishi dot CA or in store at thirteen eight twenty one oh fourth Avenue in Surrey, Surrey, mitsu Ishi. It's eleven thirty on a Wednesday morning, Donnie Donney on check TV. Now time for DTMZ, brought to you by the world famous Whister at Golf Club. Go see big Al out there. Great track, great track.
Speaker 4: Get some energy going on you guys kidding me? I got mo John?
Speaker 3: Oh well he brings me down, not up?
Speaker 4: Wow, I don't see what he has to say about that. DTMZ brought to you by the Arnold Palmer Design Whistler Golf Club. Purchase any of their ten multi round packs by March one received two free rounds. For more info or to purchase online, visit whistlergolf dot com. Forward slash rates Moch is working for check working for Donny and Dolly is our Donny and Dolly super Bowl correspondent down in New Orleans, available on our His work is available on our YouTube channel and our podcast channel, and he joins US now from Louisiana. Crawfish in hand Bomber Johanovich, Moch, how are you Henderson?
Speaker 9: So the folks from Nola here, they got a little table and they're handing out food every day Henderson. Do you think Henderson would try?
Speaker 3: Oh goodness, I'm oh no, thanks.
Speaker 9: Wel crafit. Uh you know what, I've had crawfish before, like in addition stuff, it's the first time I tried to peel one. The return on investment.
Speaker 1: Is not going there.
Speaker 4: We were just talking about that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, don't too much work for it's it's tasty, but you know it's basically you're getting half the half the meat of a prop and you're doing as much work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, say it's lobster asked Prawn asked, Hey, how many years?
Speaker 9: Naylor knowles he's had crawfish before. Right, that's good.
Speaker 4: I like that maybe once, I'm not really sure. Hey, how many years in a row have you asked Travis Kelcey about his relationship with Zach Kolaros. I'm counting. I think what is it five or six?
Speaker 9: Yes, twice back to back. Only last year that we started to do this because Nick Kowalski, our videographer, who is outstanding. Yeah, you know, he just he kind of we're trying to look in for a little bit of a Canadian angle. I mean, you know with DeAndre Hopkins, he was Carry Peters's roommate at Clemson, so there was a little fun there. With Pat Mahomes teammates with Pete Robertson. Interesting man, he said. Pete Robertson was a mentor to him when he was at Texas Tech. So you know, we just tried to add a little Canadian flavor. But you know, the social media aspect of it, that's what Knick's job is, and that little Kelsey hits over I think what's seventy five grand or something in terms of visuals. So I don't know Nicks in charge of that, but anyway, I just do what I'm told.
Speaker 4: But you know what modes whenever you ask those in all seriousness, whenever you ask those players big names like mahomes, like Kelsey, whenever you ask them about the CFL or about Canada, because they're getting all sorts of, you know, questions about the game and they're tired of it. Their eyes light up. They love it. Would you agree with.
Speaker 9: That it's different? Yeah, I totally agree with it. And you know, you always try to find a different angle because especially you know, opening night, especially if it's a team that's for the first time, it's it's going through the super Bowl experience. They're all gidiot, I've seen this. They don't go to we don't go to the team sessions later on in the week because it's become such a zoo like the Wednesday's Thursday sessions that they have with the teams. But by that point they're done. They just they don't even want to see you anymore because they've answered every question nine hundred million times. And you know, when you get to media night that opening night, you always try to find a different angle, and when you do, you know, you know, they get excited because it's something different that they have haven't been asked the entire time, and a lot of times when you're talking about someone else, you know, in this instance, Zach Klaros or whether it was Gary Peters or you know Robertson remaicah. Ah Wait, those guys light up because there's those are their guys. They're their teammates, right, and they have good memories about them and they love talking.
Speaker 3: About Hey Moja. Many years ago, you probably had a lot of Canadian based media down at the Super Bowl. Is it down way down? No? Not really.
Speaker 9: I mean TSN we have a little Canadian international section that we're at. So TSN has some folks down here. I've seen Irash Madanny from Sportsnet, Naylor farhand, David Sanchez was by here yesterday. The bar down people are right next to us, and there's a company out of Montreal called Sick Podcast and they've got a table here and they have it's like a podcast network, and they have people from all over North America actually, so you know, they have people in New York that do a podcast on the Rangers or whatever. Right, So they've got a table set up here. But that's about it. But there is I'll tell you one thing. Tons of Mexican TV and radio. Before there used to be a couple of US tech and whatever. But man, I'm looking around now and they never mind just having tables. Now, they've got huge sets. I'd probably say they might be close to ten Mexican networks that are here as well.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, and moge before that, you go tell us what's on your show and end up maybe a prediction as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, very quickly, I want to throw this in. I should have made a security at this super Bowl, the most I've ever seen at any super Bowl, even including after nine to eleven. And I'll tell you what, guys, Bourbon Street on Saturday night we came here, we walked down the street. The problem, right, you saw police presence. Yeah, Sunday night when teams arrived, every side street off Bourbon Street probably had about four or five police cruisers that were parked. They had about one or two. They had probably a police cruiser every two blocks with its lights on, just sitting there, lights on, police officers. They have a huge presence, maybe three or four patrols on Bourbon Street. I've never seen a police presence like I have here. But at the same time, they're not intrusive. They're allowing everybody to have a good time, all right. As for guests, it's just it's fluid. We have so many. We had Paige Sporanic, We've had Mike Flouriel, We've had Chris Simms, Brian Biddlick Brick.
Speaker 4: That's not Brian Billock. We're looking at right now.
Speaker 3: Who's that Page?
Speaker 9: That's Paige She's she was. She was a lot of fun. Actually, we had a fun shot with her, a lot. You know, it's just going to continue. I mean, Joe Montana's scheduled to stop by tomorrow, so we'll get him on board. Nate Earlson talk to his handlers, hoping again. Nate, he's a good friend of ours. Of course his dad played for the stamp Eaters, and of course he's a former Seahawks. So yeah, it's it's fluid, but I guarantee one thing. Mike Winningham is doing his best. Nick Kwalski's doing his best and so much so hopefully everyone's enjoying it.
Speaker 4: There's a large police presence there because they heard you were interviewing Page Sporonic. That's the reason for it. Moj Yeah, okay, prediction, go.
Speaker 9: Quick prediction Kansas City Chiefs twenty seven, Philadelphia Eagles twenty one.
Speaker 4: Okay, Chiefs victory, and which would be the thirdy in a row. I'm trying to get the birthdays up here, and I'm having trouble. Rick fill some time here for a season, Crawfish.
Speaker 9: Oh, I could have just taken that till you could have taken up.
Speaker 4: I know and I appreciate it. Okay, here we gobruar. Are you going to take part in this? Yeah? You stay stay Yes, February fifth, seven birthdays. The people setting the line heard Mode was taking part, so the line is set at three by high fi Henriette's turntable, warehouse and casino down there mode in tex Texarcana, Texas.
Speaker 3: You ready.
Speaker 4: If you guys don't get this first one, the show is over. Okay. Ninety one year old former defenseman who played a total of forty one games for the Old Western League Canucks during the sixty eight Jerry ninth season. Don Cherry keep sleeping sleeping ninety one years old Moach and the way he was treated at the end is awful. Forty year old soccer superstar from Portugal, number seven, Christian Rondo. There you go, I'm giving that one to Mochuck. Guns and Roses bass player.
Speaker 1: Now Duph McKagan.
Speaker 4: He's a big GNR fan. Former Braves and Brewers outfielder, moje Come on, you're a baseball guy. Braves and Brewers outfielder mostly Braves from Alabama, seven hundred and fifty five home runs for nobody. Of course, Finney went back to Milwaukee to finish his career at the Brewers. Former Cowboys quarterback out of Navy sixty. There you go, actor who played Nigel Tofnel. And this is spinal Tap. He's married to Jamie Lee Curtis Christopher Guest. Moch hates spinal Tap. I remember this former MLB player from Puerto Rican Blue Jay's second basement when they won the World Series A Robbie Alamar and I didn't even I didn't even get to the spitting incident. This has been great, mojes. Are you back tomorrow with us?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yes, apparently I am. I'm being told him, I'm being told I'm still there.
Speaker 3: We go.
Speaker 4: You sounded really excited about that.
Speaker 9: You know what, birthdays again?
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Oh, just tremendous.
Speaker 3: Thanks Moach, outstanding. They're all baseball guys. He's a huge baseball guy.
Speaker 4: Moje Well there was one Hank Aaron that was it?
Speaker 3: Not enough hockey?
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, I'm not responsible for the day people are born.
Speaker 1: Yes, Mojes made them go ten times faster. Yes, he actually understood the birthdays.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's that right, right, We're good, yep, Okay, is it just me as coming up?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: A lot of positivity goal positivity going around? And Delaney's okay. Tarren Langley in box after the Canucks three nothing win over Colorado. Meanwhile, the Light Barrett Strong born of this Day in nineteen forty one. He's gonna play us out from August nineteen fifty nine. Now, I'm not a SECD. No, this isn't the one I wanted the original, Yeah, but we can play this one.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be off time.
Speaker 4: Why so, Okay, don't worry.
Speaker 1: I only saw that. I only saw the title. I know this is one of your favorites though, too.
Speaker 4: Oh I love this, So we're gonna go. We're gonna go with the more current one then, right sure. Barrett Strong born of this Day nineteen four one. He wrote this song and the Beatles covered it as well, so we're gonna go out with the the more current version from the Flying Lizards. This is Barrett Strong's money on check. That's what are we playing it or not? That's what I want? On a BC Wednesday morning?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: Next?
Speaker 8: The best things in life of Freeze?
Speaker 4: Don't miss a second of Vancouver Giants hockey at the LAC this season.
Speaker 3: Watched the electrifying play of twenty twenty five draft eligible Cameron Schmid as he tears up the ice alongside NHL draft picks Connor Levis, Tyler Thorpe, and Colton Roberts.
Speaker 4: Season tickets are on sale for his low as seventeen dollars a game, or grab a flex pack available in six or twelve game packages for his low as twenty two bucks a game.
Speaker 3: Head to Vancouver Giants dot com slast season tickets and don't miss out.
Speaker 4: All right time for is it just me? Let's get right to it, Rick, what he got?
Speaker 3: Is it just mera? With Michael Bubley on your show and Bublet being friends with Francesco? Could it be that Francesco whack Galini actually watches Donny and Dolly sav in Van City. I do not want we know, the uh, the older. He probably doesn't like us.
Speaker 4: I doubt it.
Speaker 3: I doubt it.
Speaker 4: Well, then why wouldn't you like us?
Speaker 3: Oh there's a million and one reasons why.
Speaker 4: Anyways, Well, it's not a matter of liking. I wonder if you watch US.
Speaker 3: I just want Francesco to PVR Donny Doggy, That's all I want.
Speaker 4: Once Teddy and Maple Ridge.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: Underrated cartoon? And I agree with this? Rocky and Bullwinkle, Rocky and Yeah it's funny, Edgy, Yeah, better than Popeye. I think we were on cartoons earlier. When I was, when my kids were really young, there was nothing better than SpongeBob.
Speaker 3: No, I was a Tom and Jerry guy.
Speaker 4: When your kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I was a kid, Tom and Jerry was big.
Speaker 4: I thought. More recently, there's Spungebob's on, Rocky Bullwinkle's funny. Yeah, it's really good. Okay, what do you got?
Speaker 3: Is it just me? You had of cats and should be a regular guest on your show. He calls the spade a spade. He doesn't sugarcoat anything, a lot like Kevin Biax. A great interview, Robin port Moody, he's banged on Rob's bang on.
Speaker 4: Where are we with Yanni Canson being a regular?
Speaker 3: You're working on it right, right?
Speaker 1: Are you working on get my best people on a hear him twice a week on Sports at six fifty though.
Speaker 4: By the way, you're gonna say something, go ahead, there's just some sound coming out of your mouth there.
Speaker 3: No, he's pumping the competition. There was no need to say that.
Speaker 4: Ry Chris from Brooke Mountain. Is it just me? Or is the potential impact of star players playing an extra four games at the onset of the stretch run being underestimated? Potential impact of star players playing extra four games at the onset of the stretch run being underestimated?
Speaker 3: I could go both ways. You play extra four or four nations? You talking about right, four nations? He's talking about four nations?
Speaker 1: Like all the tap players are going to play these games highly competitive, maybe well a large bulk of them. Regardless of what happens, You're gonna play these games. Right as we head into March.
Speaker 4: Glad you understood that question. Yeah, it went over my head. Well that's not surprising, but we'll see what if Quinn here is gonna play in that tournament. I still think there has to be a question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is it just me? Free agents should realize the Canucks mean business and have high expectations. If you don't perform to your contract, we're gonna move you out day from the Valley Canucks trying to get rid of Carson Shushi one and a half years into a three year deal. They did that with numerous players in the last two three years. Done. I don't think agents around the league are doing KRT wills about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. He might be focusing on someone else too, whoever came out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, is it just me?
Speaker 4: Unsigned? Every time Rick defends eleven six, you should play careless, whisper.
Speaker 3: I don't defend him today, I was saying, he's got to pick it up. He's got a jacket up. Done. Go Rick. At the time, Bo Horvat, Ellis Petterson, and j T Miller, they were not all centers. JT was a winger that the Canucks converted to his center that after the Horrvat trade. But there was a time when they played all three up the middle. Because the agent for Horrorvat came on our show, Pat Morris, a good guy and said that Horror is a top six center.
Speaker 4: Dog. But Miller was a winger when they when they initially acquired him, it was as a winger. And keep in mind when it comes to the Lauta line, at least Peterson has played on the wing gots as well.
Speaker 3: Yep, versatile.
Speaker 4: Is it just me? But this is unshigned? Is it just me? But again, Donnie compares Peterson to ericson unbelievable. I'm getting a lot of heat. I'm getting a lot of heat for comparing Heatel to Burrey, which I wasn't doing, by the way. What I was doing was comparing in.
Speaker 3: A round of about where you were.
Speaker 4: Heatle's debut to Burrey's debut in rushing the puck getting through people. Do you see the stat on his zone entries way above everybody else's. He rushes them, carries the puck really well. The Caducks need that. Brockbesser went on, Yes, we didn't have time to run this clip, but Brockbester went on and on about how good their breakouts have been and what that means, and a lot of that is heatl He's able to get the puck out and into the other a team zone.
Speaker 3: He has been great. He has been great. Two games. He creates offense, he's got speed. You gotta love him.
Speaker 4: As I'm not comparing Peterson to Ericson. I can't carry no, I no, I'm my contract wise, Yes I am, because the way things are going, it looks like it'll be one of the worst contracts in Cannock's history. I don't think I'm the only one saying that, right up there with Louis Erickson's not as a player, go.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm a bigger fan than Bouble, though I respect his Burnaby roots. Metro town is a rough neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, a little Burnaby geography here. Michael's like me. He's from North Burnaby, which is a metro town. Is the other side more it's South. I guarantee Michael's a Brentwood male guy, the amazing Brentwood.
Speaker 3: You had that apartment at at Brentwood. Did me and Fry came over one night? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I look you guys up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a core in Sunshine coach needs a map of Burnaby. Thanks for the.
Speaker 4: Text, But a lot of people make that mistake quickly, Martin in North Burnaby?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: But we now know Rick and Don's passwords for their bank card and telephone banking. That's a very good point. This isn't the case with me, but a lot of people will use some portion of their old phone numbers for various passwords. Or birth that's a good point.
Speaker 3: Birthdays are kids' names, all that stuff, or kids' birthdays. But the numbers Done and I gave were from the nineteen seventies and eighties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you could still you could still refer to. But that's a good point. You have to be careful. A break, Ryan, Okay, we'll take a break, then wrap up the show and the poll question. Next Donning Delly the team on check. The Waddling Dog Pop has been owned and operated locally since nineteen ninety one and has since built its reputation as one of Victoria's favorite watering holes. With twenty TVs, twenty local and domestic taps, and over two hundred seats, Wadling Dog has something for everyone, including every Canucks game, UFC pay per views, and an unbeatable daily happy hour from four to six. The Dog is your one stop shop, with its attached cold beer and wine store offering up hundreds of local and important products, as well as an extensive inventory of Donnie and Dolly merchandise. Their award winning hotel offers dog friendly hotel rooms that are appointed with antique style furnishings and modern amenities, and only ten minutes from the airport and ferry terminal, there are countless reasons to come, sit and stay at the Wattling Dog.
Speaker 3: Doug poul Rick, right, get her up the Waddling Dog, pop pole. Question, who's been the most impressive Petterson in the past two games and leading easily? A DPD is the young defenseman?
Speaker 4: The new.
Speaker 3: Petterson from Pittsburgh is second at thirteen, and then Ellie should.
Speaker 4: Have verytypdis in you Petterson too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said, young defenseman, But look at Elliots Peterson, who's been here long.
Speaker 4: I'm getting a lot of blowback on not liking m P three. A lot of people like it. I guess maybe that's what we're going with. See DPD Does that work because Marcus Petterson is also a DPD.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's confusing, Like, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: That's why you have three separate names, EP forty, DPD and m P three.
Speaker 3: I mean you have to, like all you gotta get to a one two three, Like this is ridiculous, like it's hard talking about these guys. And then the young defenseman, the new guy for Pitt Jr. Junior senior and the first guy just do that way.
Speaker 4: I just hope they I hope that acquires the first guy j.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Junior senior, the first guy.
Speaker 4: And again I'll say it. Apparently that's what they're calling him in the dressing room. Junior junior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the defense five the Okay, let's go move on.
Speaker 3: Okay, where we're going. We got tons of pictures a birthday right oh oh yeah for don Die Nanaimo. Shout out to his son Brian and his future doughter in law Mackenzie from Victoria all watching the show. Congrats, Donde's a good friend of ours, good pal of ours from Nanaimo.
Speaker 4: Okay, where we're going photos.
Speaker 1: Okay, and we're gonna go to last night's game.
Speaker 3: First of all, no, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. This is Bruce and Carl at the Canucks game Sports sports page. Hats look at that looking great couple of way by the way, a couple of west Jet pilots. Eh oh eh west Jet.
Speaker 4: You you said you love yours. It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Donny wants their numbers. Hey, Donny wants their phone numbers. Give them a call.
Speaker 3: Anyways, Bruce and Carl sports page hats Cannocks game last night. A couple of west Jet pilots, good friends of Kevin Woodley R.
Speaker 4: Powell.
Speaker 3: Great picture here, looking great.
Speaker 4: Guys, Thanks so much, guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Ryan, we're going now, we've got this is Noela, eleven month old.
Speaker 3: Noela, Yeah, ignoring your toys and grandpa to watch Donnie Dolly apparently to watch Ryan.
Speaker 1: See the fascination continues. That's my target audience, fast.
Speaker 4: Fast fascinated with the picture of Pat Quinn in the background.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that's probably what it is. And that's from Fred. What a beautiful picture of Noela eleven months old watching our show. That kind of resembles our knowledge learning something resembles our house. A lot of balloons around.
Speaker 4: That's not for one more.
Speaker 3: No, no, save it.
Speaker 1: We'll save it. We'll save it.
Speaker 3: You said you were going to get these in tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We've got two days left in the week.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got a ton of photos. What tomorrow I want to get?
Speaker 4: Maybe are Sometimes there's these cannuck ice cream flavors that people are voting on on the internet. I got a problem with them.
Speaker 1: Well, Moji's on at ten thirty tomorrow, bring it up to him.
Speaker 3: He loves ice cream.
Speaker 4: Does it go with crawfish?
Speaker 1: Let's let's show a quick a tweet very quickly, because there's an updates. Knucks practice is just about to begin. This is from Jeff Patterson Knucks practice underway. Quinn he was not participating last coach afterward about whether he's accompanying the team to send this afternoon news. And Moon, however, is on the ice with the group.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've had a couple of texts about face offs being an issue with the Canucks right now. Not only I think heatl has been fine, but maybe that explains nils of mine. Just a theory from very good listeners in viewers. Okay, that's it, folks, Thanks so much, and our thanks to Oliver, our guest today, Mojein, Yannick Hanson and Michael bublay On behalf of Ryan Derek Rick. Everybody here at Oh Boy and Check. I'm don and you're up to date the world of sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly Podcast. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at Donnie and Dolly for all the latest show content.