Speaker 1: It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for ignition with the aw Fat podcast team. And we just saw Full Gear this past weekend, and part of this show is going to be a fallout from the Full Gear show. But we've got a lot more to talk about. But let's start with our thoughts on Full Gear. What did you guys think of this a w pay per view?
Speaker 2: If I were a betting man, I'd say that Sutton and I are probably gonna be on the same page about bringing this up. But I want to talk about the end of the pay per view.
Speaker 1: God forbid. I want to break it here and apologize to everybody listening because this is not going to be pretty. I can tell you.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's not.
Speaker 2: Let's knock the toughest thing off the list right now. I don't want to say Full Gear was underwhelming. I thought there were a lot of good matches. I thought there was a lot of good stories being told to the end of the pay per view. Kelson, by the way, to your chagrin, good call on Christian coming out. Man, Christian comes out to cash in his contract. Of course, interferences all over the place. You got a hangman and a page out there for whatever reason, you got Jay White out there. Makes sense that Jay was out there because he has unresolved beef with Christian. He was probably the only guy in that ring other than Christian who had a reason to be out there. So now I want to say, it didn't make a lot of sense to me because you know, obviously Hangman is supposed to be on that right that I'm going to crush everyone that got in the way of me and swerve campaign, and I guess he just decided out of nowhere that he wanted to be a w World champion again.
Speaker 3: Actually, the reason that Paige was there has asked himutely nothing to do with that. It asked the fact that Christian paid him. According to the way I saw it, Christian paid him to do what he could do to John Moxley to make him vulnerable to Christian. He just didn't count on j White.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think the other part of the puzzle you guys are missing is I think it was a few months back Christian promised Hangman the first title shot once he won the World Championship, So it totally made sense why Hangman was out there with Christian Cage. I loved the ending. Actually, because you got Christian in the World title Picture. You got Hangman who's now in the World title Picture. You got Jay White, who it appears is going to be the next challenger to John Moxley, which, please give me that match. I will take that every day of the week, Monday through its Sunday, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: And then and then you've got Darby Allen.
Speaker 4: So you got all these factors in the World Title Picture. We're not one hundred percent sure how the pieces going together. We we each have an idea, but I like this. I really like this.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna shop White go ahead, right all right, So I'm gonna make like the phony statement.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Finally, for the first time in a w programming, we're getting an actual battle to belts, battle for.
Speaker 1: Hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, Jay White, Hangman, and Christian the only one that's gonna be involved in the title shot or the title picture from from now until Marshley loses. It's gonna be Christian only because he's got that stupid match. The other two aren't anything to do with that. It's all about them. That's the battle that they're gonna see. So it world's in You're gonna see what round three of Hangman and Jay White. So basically from the ending and the way it wents, I think we're still all pretty much we're on that page before this is gonna be. The next step is Derby.
Speaker 4: I don't think they do the Derby match and next year, Laura.
Speaker 1: Uh. A couple of things, Lauren, if you want to talk, just raise your hand. Second thing, that was not Max, that was talking. That was something even though I called on Max something, I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry I didn't you call him.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I was looking at I was looking at the card for a full gear and and yeah with the Cassidy Mosley match, yeah that I feel she could have been a lot more polished because to me it seemed at times just a big mess. Like the direction wise, they could take this in many different directions, like because now you have Christian, you have him teasing his cash on was a contract, so that I think is going to really like be part of the whole thing. You like, May a month or two May, post post Maine in New Year, we might see Christian and the patriarchy taking on to death Riders and Moxleby before the elite guys come back like Kenny in the Bucks for that whole showdown with Box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, Max, she made really good points there. Here's the thing in my thought process on this. First of all, does how do I put this question? Do you guys think that what happened at the end of Full Gear justified the last four weeks was of the whole Moxley five weeks, six weeks of the Moxley and Death writers thing? Because to me, it didn't. I just don't feel like it's anywhere. I just don't think that there was anything. But I think that that show, and I've read a lot of comments that echo this, the ending of that show was just all over the place and cluster exactly.
Speaker 6: It was me asking more questions than what we had answered.
Speaker 1: He's here's the thing.
Speaker 2: It was a bad thing, you know, let me speak here.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing the question that I want answered. Then, because Max again made a good point and left a lot of questions. Are they good questions? Are they interesting questions? To me?
Speaker 5: No, they're not. I disagree with that.
Speaker 4: First of all, I love that they brought Willow back in this fashion, because you needed somebody like a Willow nightingale to counteract for lack of term what Marina Shaffir has been doing for Moxley's group. Again, I couldn't think of a very term than counteract.
Speaker 1: No, that's a good that's a good expert that I agree with you. That was really good because we've all been wondering what's Marina spear doot other than trying to steal Boxley from Renee.
Speaker 6: Willow? Are we gonna see a build to Willow versus Marino? Is that in the cards for Tony?
Speaker 1: Well, there's another way to look at it. Are we going to see the conglomeration still against the Death Writers? Still? And I'm sorry, but I don't want to see that.
Speaker 3: I don't think we are because Willow is a part of them in some portions of the story, but she's really not. I mean, if you were gonna go, if I was gonna pick one of the women on the roster, that would have been a that I would have picked as a fit for the congomeration. It would have been Stat instead of Willow, because Stat has a history.
Speaker 1: Do you watch Stat though with the Men's channel?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, that that has nothing to do with it. That is the only woman on the roster that you like something.
Speaker 3: No, there's a bunch of them I like. But no, seriously, she's the only one that has a history with the best friends, which is Orange Cassidy. So there's more of a history with Statlander in there than there is with Willow. That's why I'm saying that. But what it comes down to the questions that are there. Yeah, there's more questions than we got answered. But the thing is you want more questions than you have answers for it, because if you have all the answers, now, what's the point in continuing the story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I have to expand on that stat didn't make up with Orange Cassidy after betraying him with Trumperetta when Trimperetta joined the Don Calls family before his spinal fusion. So I mean, like that have to backpedal on a whole bunch of story part telling to get her into that faction. Willo seems like a better fit.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I love stat too, one of my favorite wrestlers on the roster, But like, I can't see it right now.
Speaker 1: Maybe in the future, maybe they're working towards reconciliation between Stat Willa. You never know. Slowly towards I mean.
Speaker 4: I personally wait want to see that not after the absolute war they went through it all out, which I loved that match, the street fight it all out, that was one of my favorites personally.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say this that we were all right that Orange Cassidy wasn't going to win that match. Congratulations everybody. Such an intelligent pick.
Speaker 2: And who would have thought we dah oh god.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not no on that note. No, Shane, Like, and I've been saying this for a little while.
Speaker 4: Everybody's like one hundred percent convinced that it's gonna be Darby Allen who takes the title off of John Moxley, and that's most likely the direction they are going. But I'm not one hundred percent convinced about that because they're gaslighting Wheeler. You do so much that it feels like something big is going to happen. And that's why I'm like, maybe it could be Wheeler that takes the title off of Moxley. I'm just playing it out there as a possibility. I don't think you can completely dismiss it.
Speaker 1: You know, Wheeler, you have Stockholm.
Speaker 2: He's Stockholm syndrome, dude, Like he took direct defense during or two Orange Cassidy during that match with no other reason other than screwing him over. He didn't have to get involved. Max was gonna win and get the pin. But you know, Wheeler did the COUDI gran him. I don't see the Wheeler turn coming anytime soon. And I don't think that they're gonna pull the you know, pull the trigger on a belt on Darby until, like all in seriously next year. I think they're gonna drag this thing out. One thing we did get from this is faction warfare there for warfare though one where we had four factions involved with you know, the Death Riders at the end of this pay per view, So one way or the other, you know it's gonna make CE two really interesting.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, what's.
Speaker 1: Another thing, Max, before you jump in, I had another thought process? Okay, question on this going back to Darby Allen, Claudio Castic Noley dismantled Darby Allen. That was not even a contest in my opinion. I mean, if they were going to put a belt or a championship opportunity on Darby Allen, don't you think that they would start building toward that with at least a decent showing. That was a glorified squash match for Claudio Castignole. I mean, seriously, to Shane's point, if they started now Darby Allen had Darby Allen's back at square one, I mean he's a zero for me. I mean, the most impressive thing he's done in a w is outside of the ring. He's not been impressive in the ring in recent memory. So he's got to get in the ring and start doing some matches. Maybe the C two is where he gets going Wednesday night, He's got brody King.
Speaker 3: That was that he was impressive in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if brody King beats beats him two, Darby.
Speaker 6: My thing is that the only time I've really been sold on the Darby Owen character and his whole thing is when he's with Sting and then we have no clue when he's coming back. He's enjoying retirement. But I wanted to I wanted to circle back to to that brand warfare thing that we're just talking about. Warfare, Yeah, the faction of warfare, because right now you have like four SO factions involved four SO groups. But here's something you guys got to keep in mind, especially getting into the new year and potentially building to the Spring. You remember at some point the Bucks are gonna come back. Oh, Kenny's gonna come back. All those guys are gonna come back, and and they're gonna fight Moxley.
Speaker 3: I have a feeling the Bucks are coming back at Wrestle Dream.
Speaker 5: You mean World End, a World's End?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, World's End, That's what I meant. Yeah, they've said that they're coming back at World's End, which is the next pay per view, So they're not going to be gone for much longer.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I know they said that they're also going to be wrestling at Wressell Dynasty.
Speaker 6: Okay, but the big question is are they going to bring Omega with them? Is going to come back down here?
Speaker 1: But that's if. If if Omega came back with the Bucks, it would be next year at this time, because there's just no way with how much that they are enemies right now, it would take a year's worth of reconciliation probably to set that back in the place.
Speaker 3: Well, Kings already said he's not wrestling in aw in near future. His first match is going to be in New Japan next year, and he's not coming back to aew right now because quote him, they don't need.
Speaker 1: Him true what he said. No, No, Tony Kahan, I believe yesterday, or at least on the media call for Full Gear, said that he does think that Kenny Omega is going to wrestle before Russell Dynasty. I'm not mistaken. I believe that was that so.
Speaker 6: But yeah, yeah, I agreed. But what I was trying to get at it was, I'm not saying Omega in the Bucks are going to reunite immediately. I mean, it's obviously gonna be a long burn, but it's still a something that might happen around all out next year. Possibly, Like that's something that I think would be in the cards for twenty five, is the elite versus the deaf erence possibly in stadium stampede.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you can't discount that Kenny Omega may work begrudgingly with the elite because they have a comp goal, meaning the destruction of the death writers. You never know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And like I said earlier, it's like on the ww GUD we're doing the same thing over there. It's a similar bi.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, you know, is there anything else in the Full Gear pay per view that we want to talk about. I mean, we could talk about I thought that there were great match.
Speaker 6: Okay, can we talk about the pre show? Then let's talk about QT versus AJ.
Speaker 3: So so I did a little research before that started. I wanted to check something on the numbers, and according to Google, the average concurrent viewers of the pre of the pre show on YouTube is normally one hundred thousand people. They never got that high this time. I was watching on the YouTube and the most it got to was like seventy five thousand. So the thought that AJ and then We're going to bring in this large number of viewers never panned out.
Speaker 1: I don't think that that's a good barometer something. And I'll tell you why I watched the Zero Hour. I know a lot of people to watch the Zero Hour that was that were in the live chat, and none of us were watching it on YouTube. I was watching it on Trouler along with a lot of other people. Right, keep a mid that that I think early on, I think YouTube was basically the advertised method to watch Zero Hour. Go ahead, Shane, you had a thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I also have to throw it out there that that clip of QT versus AJ is the third most watched YouTube clip on aw's page, currently next to uh punk at, MJF and Cassidy.
Speaker 3: I can't believe they still got the Punk and MG have one on there.
Speaker 2: It's number two for some reason.
Speaker 6: In AW or are we talking like in general, because in general from what I've heard, it's the third most watched clip.
Speaker 2: No, it's the third most watched clip, like straight up on on a w YouTube channel.
Speaker 6: I thought it was in regards to like wrestling as a whole, because I know one.
Speaker 2: Was Yeah, no, hold on, you're talking about the Twitter analytics. That's Twitter. I was just talking about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Never mind.
Speaker 2: I mean you're right, because that that also announced it. It's Joe and Hendri and nx T and then Punk's return and then a J for the a J and uh, what's his face?
Speaker 6: Marshall?
Speaker 3: It comes you're saying, it's Marshall, Marshall, Marshall.
Speaker 1: When it comes to Big a J. I don't think that there's any argument that that was it was a success. I think yeah, I tell you exactly what they what they were.
Speaker 6: It was a great.
Speaker 1: Well, let's what did you guys think of of the Chris Statlander Mercedes Monette match? I mean that was uh, that was something.
Speaker 6: That was something, Kelson, that was something. And I've seen Mercedes Monet at her best and at her worst in and outside of aw.
Speaker 1: And what did you think.
Speaker 6: I think that that carried that match? And that personally this is me. Mercedes Money has lost her touch. She has lost her touch on on the product and on the business. And it's and it's hard to see, you know, because I I grew up with fake and I was a teenager when she was Sasha Banks and she had some really good matches back like ten years ago. And for me, it's sad to see.
Speaker 1: Okay, what did everybody else think about? We already know what something is going to say because.
Speaker 3: Everybody else, No, no, this is not my problem with that matches. Okay, discuss this with my son. I keep trying to tell him I have no problem with Mercedes winning that match. The problem I have is what they're going to do with that title after that match. Because everybody talks about how they're going to make Camille is going to be the one to dethrone Mercedes. That is one of the that's going to be just as bad as when Cargio had the title because in the matches that Camillo has had.
Speaker 1: Every everybody isn't saying that.
Speaker 3: That's what I've been hearing from a lot of people. I would love to see Julia Hart come back and take it.
Speaker 6: Okay, joy Heart would take it.
Speaker 4: I agree, but certainly seems like they're going in the direction of a Julia Hart Jamie Ader feud instead.
Speaker 1: I just agree with that too, So I and I will share my opinion after other people have shared theirs. So give me match. Steve or Shane, do you have any thoughts on the christat Lander and Mercedes Monet match.
Speaker 7: I was really hoping that that would win, but she didn't, and I'm getting pretty bored of Monet by now, So yeah, just just gives the belts to someone else on board of it.
Speaker 6: Know what, what what Jamie hadn't take it, Let Jamie take it off for.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see I don't want to see Jamie with the TBS title.
Speaker 2: Well, you got all these women and the mid card that, like the women's locker room is so confusing because you got all these women on the mid card that should be on the you know, in the world's title scene, you got all these women in the world title scene that should be on the mid card or or mid card or in r o H like Britt Britt Baker. Sorry boy, I baited Sutton. No, I'm just this match was sloppy, it was poorly telegraphed. Chris Chris carried of monet. I have to agree with Max. I mean, like, like one of my favorite w WE matches from almost pre pandemic era was Bailey Sasha Banks hell to sell like it's it doesn't I don't think it's her touch. I don't think she has any incentive to perform because she's already made for money. She's like the Deshaun Watson of a W. You know, she's minus allegations, minus the allegations. I'm just I'm just saying. I mean, she's already been paid, if she's gonna be paid, She's two years with a W and she could go back to sucking on Disney too. I mean like it's just just.
Speaker 3: Makes her look like I don't want to have the problem with the mask if they had her win no clean.
Speaker 2: The last thirty seconds were a sloppy mess.
Speaker 3: Yeah that I mean, she didn't cheat to get the wins, she didn't get help to get the win. That's what I'm talking about. It was not a very much. I didn't like it. I thought it was terrible that and I'll say it again, and you can rag on me all you want to. Dat Leander has done so much for this company. Mornee has done nothing. She's been there since March. She's done absolutely nothing to elevate the women's division. All she's done is elevate herself. And people are tired of it.
Speaker 1: I like, I totally disagree with you. The Mercedes Mercedes Monette or just being in AW has elevated the women's division. She's gotten more promo time for the women, She's gotten more matches for the women on TV. Uh. The women are more exposed as far as good exposure on TV because of Mercedes Monette. Plain and I disagree with it. Well, you can disagree with all that's.
Speaker 6: I disagree with that.
Speaker 1: In the weeks before Mercedes Monet and look at look at AW sins you were lucky.
Speaker 3: But what about the champ back then, Well it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 8: You were getting possibly one minute or what about you were getting possibly one match for seven minutes or eight minutes every show.
Speaker 1: That's it. This was the longest women's match in a w history. And you're not only getting that, you're getting promo after promo. Do you really think that somebody like Harley Cameron would have a shot to do what she's doing if Mercedes Monet was not with the company? I can guarantee you no, I can guarantee you. I don't think that Anna j goes the start of a Mercedes Monet isn't with the company. I don't think you see a lot of you. I think that people look at Mercedes Monet with a little bit of a jaded glasses. I guess that's the best way to put it. I'm gonna say this, and I'm gonna say this good, say this right now. This was a great match for Statlander, who was a great match for Monette. Yes, there were a few botches, but what wrestling match doesn't have botches. People are so critical of Mercedes Monet that they see what they want to see. I mean, you guys are treating Mercedes Monet like she's if you guys could seriously watch it, Eddie Kingston match and you can't watch it, Eddie king watch a Mercedes Monet match. The right there in my estimation. I'm sorry, but you're full of shit because Eddie Kingston is the worst wrestler at aw period.
Speaker 6: Kelson Mercedes's she just doesn't seem what's the word inspired, or like, she doesn't seem to, you know, want to do it. Like it's like she she's just.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you were watching. She was hitting, she was hitting her spots, she was doing some moves, she was taking some bumps, she was selling really really well, she was acting, she was doing everything. And at the end, what she hit her? What what's that finishing move of hers? The money maker, the money no one, That was probably one of the best ones she's done in the history of that move in this company.
Speaker 3: Okay, so no problem. If she did so well in that match, why is it only in that match She's not done that in any of the.
Speaker 1: Mass had I didn't say that saying that this match was a decently good match.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: Frankly, I thought it was a great match. Yes, there was the botches, but you can't go back and watch it again. I had a problem with what's that move that she does, the case door or whatever. It sounds like an Italian canoli, a brand I don't know, but but she did that way too many times. But there were some counter moves that you did. Yeah, the media or I don't know why, I was like a kidchen Tis Yeah, yeah, I mean that was a little bit, a little bit much, but all in all, I thought that she was fluid, she had some counter wrestling that she did. And look, I'm not saying that Chris Statlander did not do well in that match, because she did fantastic in that match. I would not have been upset if Chris stat Lander won it, however, And I mean I have something to say about Mercedes Monett when we get to topic a little bit later in the show as far as the Women's International Cup and what I think is in store for that. Is there anything else in the full Gear fallout portion of this show before we move on that anybody wants to talk about it full Gear? Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, cool, hold on before I just want to. I don't want to interrupt, but Kel said I did want to. I did want to express that your assessment of the women getting more time on TV because of money, it's one hundred percent true. Tony has to pay his investment forward, so he has to create the programs to keep her on TV, which is involves more women in the locker room. You're a hundred percent right. That's not a bad thing for everyone that's been for everyone that's been crying that the women need a better front face in the audience, we certainly have gotten that. Now I will I'm going to go back to my original criticism of this is that money continues to have to be curried in matches, and she has more tenure and professional wrestling than most of the people in aw let alone. You know, the people that she's facing that looked like more compelling challengers. I mean, you know, for someone who has her level of experience in training, she shouldn't be watching her debut in New Japan, right, or more stuttering on a mic.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So I'm not thinking I'm not thinking that.
Speaker 1: But i will say this again. When Mercedes Mondet was first hired at a w and I don't remember if it was Fightful or if it was Wrestling Observer or whatever, but one of those people said one of the things that was in basically the pitch for Mercedes Monde, the Mercedes Monett requested was that the women have at least one or two matches on every show, and if they only had one match that they she wanted the women to have promos back backstage or in ring promos, at least like two of them. And if you watch the show since Big Business, that's exactly what's been happening. If you watch Collision, you watch Rampage, and you watch Dynamite, the women are getting much more time. Thank you, Mercedes. Monette Lander would not be anywhere near what she's doing now.
Speaker 6: So I see that, and I am appreciative for Mercedes money on that front. But then again, it's gonna was that it's gonna take time, because like it's gonna take time for this Defloyd paint.
Speaker 5: Out, So I'll have to go back and watch the match.
Speaker 4: But from what I heard and from what I saw, it looked like it was a really good match, maybe even close to great. But in terms of other stuff on the full Gear Car, how about Daniel Garcia walking away with the TNT Championship.
Speaker 5: I think that's a very interesting.
Speaker 4: Development, not only because of the John Moxley stuff, and you know he's been directly involved with that. You know, you could go back to Jack Perry and whether he's the guy really driving Moxley, But it's also like Moxley's kind of getting what he wants.
Speaker 5: You know, Private Party is not sitting on.
Speaker 4: Their morals or laurels whatever the word is there anymore. They're the tag team champions. Daniel Garcia another young guy. Guess what, he's the TNT Champion. Now it's kind of you know, tying into that story. But you also have a number of contenders, Adam and JF and just to name a couple.
Speaker 1: Sure, And did you notice that the post show media scrum that when Daniel Garcia came out, he was like one of the first ones to come out too. I think he was the second one. Uh. The TNT Championship was restored to its original tn T Championship. It was no longer the black painted with the blood spatter that Jack Perry has been carrying around. Just how I point that out.
Speaker 4: I also like that after Daniel Garcia won that match, when he was going back up the ramp, he had the aw flag wrapped around them.
Speaker 1: He took that, he took that from somebody in the crowd. He apologize for it at the media scrub that he you know, in the excite that he took it basically, and it didn't belong to him if he stole it from a fan. Yeah, I'm sure they got to fans compliment some way.
Speaker 4: But I I I think this is gonna really elevate Daniel Garcia. But I'm more curious to see where Jack Perry goes from here. Does he kind of disappear with the rest of the Elite, does he get involved somewhere else. That's where I'm kind of going with this, is like, where does Jack Perry go from here?
Speaker 3: To be honest, I never really bought him as a member of the Elite. He just doesn't seem to be that kind of character, you know what I mean. He's like, it's like they put him there because they wanted a fourth member, but he really doesn't belong And I kind of see him going with the Death Riders.
Speaker 2: I have a personal statement to make against that. I see one hundred percent why I see one hundred percent why Jack Perry joined the Elite after everything that happened with Sampunk. That was the perfect group of people to join up with because they were all the most jaded people that had issues with all of that situation.
Speaker 1: So I mean that very exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was connective tissue to bringing him back from New Japan from the House of Violence, which is sad because he ruled in that faction. Uh you know, uh rollins. I actually have a question for you. Do you think that do you honestly think that Jack Perry is about to sit or do you think he's about to escalate his bad behavior.
Speaker 5: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: I'm really not sure, Shane, because I could, like you make a very valid question, and I think you can make a solid argument for both sides of it.
Speaker 5: Really, you know, I.
Speaker 2: No, no, go ahead, I mean fantasy booking, this would be next week. Jack cuts a promo. The belt was just an object. I'm coming after everybody. I don't need no friends, and like he can, I love his character. Escapegoat goat thing was one of the best things that's it's taking taking the loin cloth off of Jack Perry was the best thing that happened to this dude's career. Like serious, I love I love Jungle Boy. He was like half It was like very heartwarming and the whoa, whoa, whoa, that's all you know. Yeah, But like I just he's more convincing as like an asshole.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 6: If you don't mind. I want to make a comparison real quick, Jack Parry, Jack Perry, jungle Boy Jack Perry. The evolution of that character reminds me kind of Bail you over in w w A. Going from like the lovable baby face to gritty heel.
Speaker 5: Gosh, that's kind of what I want to see.
Speaker 4: Will Nightingale, Dude, Max, Like, you know, Bailey for a while was like, you know, I'm a hugger.
Speaker 6: Yeah he had he has a way you see, a powerful dealership. Yeah, okay, okay, so no, but with Bailey, that character worked in the on X obviously wasn't the long term on the main roster. This is what I'm seeing in Jack Perry. The whole jungle Boy character was just like for Drastic Express with Lucasaurus and Marcos Stunt. Once you broke away from Drastic Express, I feel that was essentially the same as Bailey turning heel and coming out with the acts, but except Jack Perry as a heel has been all over chaotic and I will live for chaos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well what comes to Jack Perry. You know where Jack Parry isn't going to be. That's in the sea too, because they didn't put him in there. And there's been a couple of pretty interesting emissions into C two. Hang man, Adam Page isn't in there? Why there's some interesting You can't put everybody in there. I actually like the rosters here. We have the Blue League and the Gold League, and I'm interested to see right now because last year when they had the C two, every single one of us correctly picked every one of us, I because they telegraphed it so bad when they made it, you know, three belts thing. But this year, I think we can all agree they haven't telegraphed it. I think that it's up in the air to sure there's there's some that seemed like their favorites. I mean, I think a lot of people are, you know, thinking that Kyle Fletcher and Will Osprey or at An on a collision course, uh to face each other in the finals.
Speaker 6: Something.
Speaker 1: Don't think at Katta is gonna be there and he's not going anywhere. But hey, who do you guys, well, who do you guys think are going to win the Blue League and the Gold League? And if are there any omissions that really get your goat.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, got okay. I think we I think a good solid you know they picked for Blue, would be Shelton Benjamin because he's he's a vet of like a billion years. He's with MVP, who's by far one of the greatest talkers we've seen ever. And and for or for Gold, I think it's either a Claudio or will Aspray.
Speaker 1: Okay, change you had something to say.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm gonna I'm gonna predict this whole entire thing now, all right. Uh, Fletcher's gonna Fletcher.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Everyone else is tough. Look look at the lineup. The Ricochet's working, Brodie King's working, Robert Juice Juicer is working, Claudio's got too much going on overseas, and if you look at the other side of the card, you know Garcia's working, Brisco's definitely working. I love Shelton, brilliant, I'm glad to see him in a ring again. But he's working, so is Beast Mortos. I think the only people that are important in this are Darby, will Uh, Catt, Fletcher, and Okada being that Okata Ho's the belt helds the belt, but there's so much heat behind will Ospray and Fletcher. I think this goes to Ospray and Fletcher Ospray wins takes the takes the Continental, and then the rubber match for them is that the is that the World is gonna be the pay per view, then the pay paper be Voltling.
Speaker 1: Do you think it would better to put that on the Russell Dynasty pay per view or do you think it'll be at World's end?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, like the the final match is at World's end, So I don't think it's gonna make it a dynasty.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they're they're going to keep the Continental on a e W programming And I think, you know, this is a way to get the get a belt back on Osprey unless we forget you know, Will's Osprey said if he was going to carry an international championship in any promotion, he's going to defend it everywhere. So if they put the Continental on him, it gives him an excuse to go back to Japan, go to c z N, go to Triple A, kind of get weird with it. So no one, no one from AW go to GCW anytime soon. We'll say that for Pope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what do we think? I mean, anybody else want to give their predictions?
Speaker 3: Sure, so here, here's the thing. Last year, it was so predictable because Eddie was the tempt he knew he was going to keep it this year and that you know, and you could say, well, they're not gonna take the title off Okada, so he's gonna end up winning it, but that's not necessarily true. I don't think that's gonna happen this year. Blue. I've got Yeah, I'm gonna have to say I either got Fletcher or Shelton and uh in the in the gold you're looking man, this is so it's either gonna be Derby or Osprey. That's just I mean, those that could be the final four. That would be an amazing final four. But it's really not as predictable this year as it was last year.
Speaker 5: Okay, see see for me.
Speaker 4: I actually got the final being Okada and Claudio, and that's where Claudio takes the title from Ocada. We did that match on the Dynamite before all In for the Continental Championship. I thought that was a solid match and personally I think that should have been at all In, but whatever, and I think it makes a lot of sense for you have Moxley hold the world championship, you have Claudio hold the Continental Championship.
Speaker 5: It just gives the Death Riers more fuel.
Speaker 1: All Right, anybody else with the Blue and Gold league pick for the C two before I give mine?
Speaker 7: Oh me, me me?
Speaker 1: So with the Blue.
Speaker 7: Kyle, uh, of course, amazing and Gold. It's between will Osprey or Ricochet, one of those two. And a big disappointment is yeah, Jay not being j White not being in the C two. That kind of bummed me out.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I'll give up. And I have to say right now at observation and that we had kind of a diverse picks here, whereas last year it was okay, well it's Eddie and we just got to figure out who's going to be challenging him from the other league that he's in. We all knew it was gonna be Eddie last year. This year we got the first picks. I think that we could possibly have another Eddie this year. And let me explain Darby Allen. He's the one to me that looks like he could be the underdog. We've got him on Dynamite facing brody King tomorrow night, and if he loses this match to brody King tomorrow night, if this isn't sound insane. If Darby loses to Brody, I have Darby winning the Gold League because that's the underdog making a huge comeback to win. Now I have to kind of agree with Shane. You know, in my picks, you know, in the oddest picks, it would be Kyle Fletcher and Will Osprey winning the winning the Blue and Gold League respectively. That's just the way I look at it. Uh, who do you we picked the winners of the Blue and Gold League? Anybody want to come right out and say who's going to win the tournament?
Speaker 3: If it's Aspray and and and Fletcher, it's going to be Auspray. He can't lose to in a row, Shane.
Speaker 2: It's Ospray straight up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's not gonna lose the Fletcher again, Yeah, I mean like we'll see him off a te if we might get a promo or package from him on Wednesday, but he's going to be recuperating and licking his wounds until World's end and only performing in his matches, so in his kind of matches. So it's it's gonna be Asprey all day.
Speaker 1: I got Claudia, got Audio, Okay, I got.
Speaker 6: I got.
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 6: Would it would add more what's the word. It would add more fuel to the Hurt syndicate, and it would honestly boost the Hurt syndicate more than they already needed because they already have all the momentum they would need.
Speaker 2: Just Max Max Shelton is the middle guy in that faction. If it were lash Lee in the C two, I would I would have voted for Lashi. Lastly, straight up, I don't think Shelton's gonna make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, quarters uh win it all.
Speaker 7: I would say, I'm just gonna go with someone Ricochet, why not.
Speaker 1: Chet Hey, why not? Why not? Why not? I gotta tell you something right now. And this I got to totally disagree with Max and Shane on this. For me, it doesn't matter if it was Shelton, Benjamin or Bobby Lashley. I don't think either of them have a prayer of winning this simply because not this year, simply because they're WWE guys, and there's no way Tony Kahan is gonna put a belt out a WWE guy. Right after they arrived at this company, they both Bubbera saidis Mode is not a w w WEE guy.
Speaker 3: The other thing about Shelton and I love Shelton to death. He's not he's not. I mean, he's participated in New Japan, he's been in other places, but when you look at who's in this, he doesn't be. He's not the first one that I would say would be a candidate to go international, especially since he just got the aw.
Speaker 2: He also just turned fifty.
Speaker 3: I don't think Shelton, I don't think he has to do with much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you, I have. That was a shitty statement. I mean, he had like his matches, his matches are, dude. He he's got the heavy guy moves, but he could also throw a super kick like a like a middleweight like dude.
Speaker 1: He looks great. I love him.
Speaker 2: I wish they put him over Bobby, but that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I don't understand here that I am not talking poorly about Shelton, Benjamin or Bobby. I think they're phenomenal. We're also the same thing as w W E guy. It's I just I just don't see Tony pull the trigger like that.
Speaker 4: And I understand that, like the objective of the death riers isn't to like hold all the gold in a w but there's just something about the idea of Moxley holding the World championship and Claudio holding the Continental championship.
Speaker 5: That just is super intriguing to me. There's just something about it.
Speaker 1: That stands for Yeah, well, Madio has been floundering a little bit, but as I said earlier, he did just absolutely destroy Darby Allen. Oh god, it was scary. That was not pretty hey, And for all we know, they're setting up a Darby versus Claudio the winner wins the Gold League kind of thing. You never know. I want to move on to another tournament that's coming on. This one is really interesting to me. Basically, what you've got is the Women's International Cup, which culminates in a four way match with one woman from ae W, one woman from Ring of Honor, one woman from Stardom, and one woman from CMLL, all meeting at Russell Dynasty on January fifth. The winner of that match gets to gets an automatic championship match against a champion in any of the four promotions to that's never been double before as far as I know, and especially not in a major major promotions. This is really fun out We know the four qualifiers already for CMLL. We know the four qualifiers are ready from Ring of Honor. We do not know the four qualifiers from stardom or the four qualifiers from a W. Which four women do you think first of all would be what I mean, they'll have four women in a qualifying the four way qualifying match for a W and the winner of that match will then go to Russell Dynasty representing AW in that in their four way match. Okay, so we need to figure out who's going to be the four from a W of Honor. By the way, it's Red Velvet, Billy Starks, Athena, and Layla Hirsh.
Speaker 3: I'm a little confused with that. Why are you putting Athena in that match? I mean, you know she's not gonna win it. It's kind of weird that they put her in there instead of somebody else that they could have, like Queen Queen on Them Nolina could have been in that because you know she can't take the loss, because then that says your champion is not that good or she couldn't handle that match. So it's kind of odd that they put her in that to me.
Speaker 1: But I don't think that having the champion lose against four other women or three other women necessarily will erase eradicate a Theta's incredible run and ring of honor. I disagree with you there, yeah anybody. I mean, so we talked to you. You didn't answer the question though, sudden.
Speaker 3: So I have no clue who would be in from Stardom because I don't watch Stardom, so I don't know who they are in ae W Willow.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: If if Julia was back, I would put Willow Julia.
Speaker 1: Uh probably, Well, Julia's back so well yeah.
Speaker 3: But she hasn't been on any matches yet, so I'm saying if she was back in the ring, she would be my second pick stat Lander and probably the fourth one. Man, There's just so many people you could put in it. Cheetah could go in there. Uh, there's just so many you could actually have Tony come back and be the fourth person.
Speaker 1: That's true too.
Speaker 3: I mean there's there's there's such a wide open I don't want to put the champions in there. That is to me, putting champions in the tournament like this just don't make any sense, you know, like you know, it just doesn't make any sense to put Mercedes and Mariah in there. You could put you could put in you could put in Mira Ermina, you know, so there's that. This is just so hard after the first three, but you definitely need stat and Willow, and I'm saying Julia and the fourth one is up in the air.
Speaker 1: Ohbody else?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: I agree with Ston. I agree with you about Willow and Scat. I'm gonna from three and four. I'll go with Jamie Hayter. And my wild card actually would be Anna j Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's that's for anybody else.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Okay, my picks, yeah, Ana j Jamie Hater, Uh.
Speaker 1: Who's that? Yeah? Okay, And I don't know.
Speaker 7: I have no idea Nyla Rose or something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, glad somebody picked Nyla Max. Did you have any picks?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's gonna be Chris stall Lander. So we've got Stlander, Willow, joya Heart, and No, that one. It's a toss up, But again, so could joya Heart be a toss up? So it's definitely Willow Statlander.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: I think they somehow find a way to thought Tony Storm in there along with it. Could be anyway, It could be Anna Jan, it could be Jamie Hayter, Gina Fo, I'm just saying. I'm just saying that there's so many women that they in there, That's what I'm rattling off. A bunch of the names out I know could slot into that and have a really good notch. But personally, for like a settin Stone nine up, it's got to be stell Lander, Willow, Cheta, and Hater.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about you go ahead?
Speaker 2: Uh An a j uh Willow and Stat for sure? I mean a Willow and Stat makes sense because it gives that you know, we just talked earlier about the potential for them reuniting. That would definitely be a gateway to that being. I mean, depending how it plays out. But if they put Tony Storm in this contest, it automatically gives her her revenge at Mariah May, which if that were to be the endgame, it'd be sad that they'd put over an aw person. I actually want to see someone from Stardom go over in this competition. But I got Stat and a j Willow and Tony Storm.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So before I get to my picks, I want to ask you guys, based on your picks, who wins. Who's your pick to go to Russell Dynasty represent a W in this Women's International Cup based on your picks. Statlander, stat Lander, stat Lander for Max, what about you, Steve Chetah okay, and uh so.
Speaker 3: It depends if Tony's in it. I'm thinking they'll probably put But if she's not, it's Statlander this one.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you go with Tony Tony, but stat Lander, okay. Shane picked one. Karen Jarrett.
Speaker 2: Karen Jarrett's going over. It's gonna be It's not gonna be Taya. It's not gonna be Sorea. It's not gonna be Rebel who's still for some odd reason on the a W women's roster. It's not gonna be Leila Gray. It's gonna it's gonna be Tony.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I my picks for the four, I have to say, I want to see somebody that will actually be able to go to maybe stardom and have a feud after this something, you know, set something up afterwards, maybe something happens in this match, you know, or there's some kind of feud going on. But my four would be I would have to go with Julia Hart, I would have to go to krit with Chris Statlander. I am not picking Willow I am not picking Mercedes. I am not picking Tony's storm. And the reason I'm not doing and I'm not picking Maria May. I'm not doing that because I don't want to see somebody who's already been over there or has a belt right now in this. I am gonna pick Shamie Hater and just to piss Sutton off, I'm gonna pick Britt Baker.
Speaker 3: Why are you gonna waste the spot like that? Man? Seriously?
Speaker 1: Well, but anyway, I'm gonna be honest with you here. I'm gonna have Julia Hart win it. And the only reason that I'm gonna have her win it is because and Shane could probably back back me up on this, because Shane, you watch stardom, correct, sure? Do Can you think of any other a w woman whose total presentation is more stardom ready than Julia Hart an A.
Speaker 2: J Yeah, but she was there already, yeah Hart, straight up, Julie Hart.
Speaker 1: I mean that's that's the only reason I think that Julia Hart goes there. She doesn't win this by any means, shape or form. I want to Shane. I mean, you and I are gonna probably have this conversation privately. I don't know if anybody else even watches the other other.
Speaker 2: Watch all four.
Speaker 1: I think that whoever started puts out there. As long as Mayo Iwatani is in the picture, she's gonna win it. She's gonna be the representative representative from stardom. Watani has said that she wants to come to a W and wrestle Mercedes Bonet for the TBS Championship. Uh. And she wants to wrestle in a W. What better way to get a shot at Mercedes Bonet in a W than Mayu Watani winning on January fifth, and that's who she goes after in AW.
Speaker 6: I just want to I just want to for out a name just to get to Coggs turn, especially since you said the possibility of jumping over to stardom, what about Harley Cameron?
Speaker 1: No, no, Uh, here's the thing. And again, Shane, you can back me up on this, I believe uh. And here's the reason behind that as far as I'm concerned. And again, Shane, you may disagree with me. Mina Shira Kala is over in the United States, She's really not that over in Japan. She's a big time mid carter. The reason why is she's just not cultural culturally, you know, popular there. I mean, she's more like she's just too sexy. She's over the top.
Speaker 2: She cares to she caters to the Western culture. May Aahani is is a weeves wet dream and she's fantastic and she's holding but she's already holding gold, dude like like that. That's my only thing, Like I could see it happening. Yes, you know, the title.
Speaker 1: Can make it interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why are you going to put a for title when you've already got manet with three two titles already?
Speaker 2: Belt collecting collector, Yeah, multi promotional belt collecting is still a thing.
Speaker 1: But but anyway, the only thing I could say. I thought that Ada j would be a little bit too sexy for Japan. But she carried herself as a wrestler and not as a sex object. Harley Cameron is is a sex objects herself as a wrestler. She she would not go over. I don't think in Japan she would. She would make people uncomfortable, much uncomfortable, much like Mina Shirikawa does. They love her in Japan, they won't admit it.
Speaker 2: In the shows, she has a split audience. She does a lot I mean, she has a lot of haters, but she has a lot of lovers too. I mean, like she's never she'll be full time agent. Contracts runs out as soon as she hits a free agency.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if she was healthy, I would I would say sky Blue should be including the conversation.
Speaker 5: But she's not healthy.
Speaker 1: Sky Blue would be perfect simply because she could go to Japan and start them and she's their signs. I don't mean that with Julia. Not the same with Julia. Julia is one of the taller women in a W Julia Julius five seven Really yeah, Julius five seven weighs one hundred and sixty five pounds or something like that. She's yeah what go back and watch the Chris Statlander Julia Hart match. They're they're not that far apart. Julia is much taller than than she She just seems I think she has a baby face, and I think that kind of sets people off. But Julia is not a not a tiny person.
Speaker 3: I think they should decide to a W one with Dave. Women's over the top.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's a it's a four. I know, but yeah, I agree with you. I even mentioned that, you know, Casino Battle Royal. There you go, but it's four you know, uh.
Speaker 3: Four by that you know, have it like the next couple, like a couple of weeks from now on, because this isn't gonna probably happen until world's end. Yeah, so you could do a women's uh casino battle royale to just decide the four last four opponents are the ones that are in. That would be amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yo, you know Kelson, if you were to guess four first stardom right now, would it be Starlight Kid?
Speaker 1: Want to?
Speaker 2: I be uh hold on, I couldn't think I could.
Speaker 1: I would definitely starlight Kid Startlight Kid would be one of mine.
Speaker 2: Would be see what Tommy would be? One tom a Tommy would be would be a possibility? Is is you? Is Yamashida still start up or just kind of like.
Speaker 1: The j p W.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would go Starlight Kidwatani uh for And the only reason I picked MAT's a boy is because I'm gonna marry her when I grow up. I want I want in my life. I want to, I want to. I want her on in a W I want her on reruns of Friends, I want her on the Big Bang Theory. I just I've been loved and frankly, and I'm gonna base this on something that Kenny Omega said, Uh, and I love her too as I knew. Uh. Kenny Omega just said in an interview earlier this year that of all the stardom wrestlers, he thinks that he thinks that a w fans would just absolutely fall in love with it with Saw And I can see why because her character is just so awesome. Her character is basically a stone wall. She's like the phoebia undertake her. Everybody tries to make her laugh, and frankly, a lot of them were very successful in doing so. But she tries her hard. It's not the break character and just never smile and it's it's amazing. And the thing about Siria do is that she's only like five foot three, but when she comes out to the ring, her presence makes her look five to ten. You know, I don't know how she wrestles bigger than she is. But she's this tiny little thing.
Speaker 2: Not Tam not Tam Nakano, like you don't think like.
Speaker 1: I think Takano is his daughter. Thing already I want to see somebody different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that but that would definitely be a front runner. No, no one from fucking hate Like excuse me my language. Uh, Like I told Doug MoMA wants a Nabi would be perfect.
Speaker 1: Like if I had somebody from hate, it would be tackling.
Speaker 2: Of course it would. Okay, we can. Let let's get back on it because.
Speaker 1: I'm already because I already said that's the point. If you have the way, you gonna have that there mortal enemies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Hum hm hm.
Speaker 2: So we have to we now we have to have a stardom podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh I could do a start a podcast, man, that's yeah, I love me some startup. I always say, we paid. We made polls. I think I've shared this before. He made polls a Greatness of Wrestling. We made polls at a w saying which company has the best women's division, Well, the greatest wrestling they picked w W E. At aw fan Hub they picked a W with great with w w E b second, and the Greatest of Wrestling a W was second. And I'm sorry, but if you like women's wrestling and you watch stardom once, you're not gonna like a W.
Speaker 2: It's a him in centric promotion, of course, and it's surrounded by people who predominantly have booked women for most of their career. Understand that leg of you know, professional wrestling, and they're putting up the best people both.
Speaker 1: Both they're so damn good though.
Speaker 2: But both the Kaijus and the Japanese nationals like that. I mean, like some of the best wrestler like Mariah May, Miriam May was great in stardom, dude, like like like they they churn out rock stars, it's a thing, dude, Like.
Speaker 1: I really think the start of Prepared to Storm to be timeless Tony Storm, I agree that she's great. She had to she had to emulate, you know, or not emulate. She had to project the character without being able to speak the language. Well, I think that's what you did.
Speaker 2: I think you and uh. I think you and Tony Kahan both the same to share the same affinity for Jochi wrestling. So but I mean, like employed employing Emmy Sakura as a as a women's trainer, both for the standard locker room and the Joshi's is like genius.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, come on, I I just think it's I would I would actually love to see Shida go win win this and go to that match and and just perform in Japan and see the I just want I would love to see that. I would love to see Shida and Mayu Wa Watani in the ring at the same time, even if it's in a four way I really would. Well.
Speaker 2: I think that they're going to loop stardom into Forbidden Door this year, so I mean we did. I think we'll get started New Japan and I mean, and you guys are welcome to chime in on this. I think we're gonna get started New Japan and CMLLL this year. I think that Homicide's grip over Triple A is loosening, so we could see some you know changes.
Speaker 3: The Triple A thing has more to do with them being affiliated with eight WW, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Please don't give you a reasonal watch for it in Door again?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, I mean yes, yes to some degree, because homicide is a t N a w W guy, I'm sure that has a factor and TN and and homicide specifically is a very staunch and stark, you know, the hater of ae W. For some he's he's Bischoff. He's he's you know, how do I Spanish Bischoff? I'm trying to say it with this, so like I like, like, you fail one company and what are you gonna do? Hijack another one? Get the hell out of here. You know, at least Bischoff stays in his lane on podcasts, on podcasts, not involving himself with the business anymore, because I'm not true.
Speaker 4: He made his return to m x T the n and he's gonna be back on TV next week.
Speaker 2: Oh, Eric Bischoff.
Speaker 4: Yes, Well, it's a good thing that he's good.
Speaker 2: It's a death note, it's a death.
Speaker 6: Match come back.
Speaker 1: Well, god, you know one thing, One thing I will say. There have been a lot of discussion on the aw fan ups. I've read it about and I know shanees a Vibe is a proponent of this having a show dedicated to women only. Now, I don't believe a weekly show would work with women only, to be honest with you, because that would prevent them from being on the main show. Hey we've got them on this one hour show. You know, because you know that's what he said, what was being said to the it would be a one hour women's only show. Then they're not gonna be on Dynamite Collisions. That doesn't that doesn't work for me. But if they did a special, like a Battle of the Belts type style thing where it had CMML and stardom on that special, I sure as hell lot.
Speaker 6: So something like so something like WWE's Evolution show like a billion years ago when you had all the females.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not to AW but CMLL and start them in there as well as well as you can bring t JPW in if want, you know, chiple A if they have.
Speaker 6: Women, And I know that, but I'm just saying like, like pretty much just the same premises of it's an all women's show and they're gonna have title matches and a bunch of froids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, special maybe like a quarterly special or something like that.
Speaker 6: You mean, I was thinking europe Max.
Speaker 4: You mean like when WWE did that one time premium live event.
Speaker 9: I think it was called Evolution Evolution back in twenty back in twenty eighteen, I remember because Ronda Rouse was and they had freaking Lizzie Hal and Nita Stress Open was playing the song.
Speaker 6: I remember that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I want to I want to move on because we're gonna talk about one more topic and then we're gonna do our pot pirie. Uh. The topic that I want to bring up is flight for the following has been announced for January first, twenty twenty five, and that will be simulcasts, I mean, the first of many simulcast on Max. Now, one thing that I do want to point out to our listeners and to our panel here, if you do not have Max, they're running a special from now until December second where you can get MAX for six months at two ninety nine a month. So if you don't have Max, get off this podcast what we're done and go order MAX. You'll get it for six months for two ninety nine a month. So you can get it for basically for six months for three dollars what's at eighteen bucks under twenty bucks for six months. That's a that's a damn good deal. Now that is not the version. That is the version with ads. So but the ads are really I mean, if you're watching a movie on Max, you get it like two or three minutes worth of ads, like in the middle of the movie, which is good because you can go to the bathroom or something, you know, So it's not that big. It's not like a hindurance. So that's a great deal. So who's going to be watching on Max and not on TBS.
Speaker 2: Now, Uh, let me let me tell you something, Kelson. I unfortunately, I'm unfortunately one of those guys that subscribes to Hulu plus with with a lot who live with ads without ads, and it has ads, which drives me crazy. But I literally do it for NFL and for AW and to have the NFL potentially on Netflix, which I also pay for, and AW on Max, which I also pay for, saves me seventy dollars a month to just cancel who live and say kick bricks I'm pumped and their live sign account.
Speaker 1: I do have a post on the aw fant hub subreddit chain and about this, you know, the two ninety nine a month. Go look it up, because I do believe it says that it is also available for current subscribers.
Speaker 2: Hey, by the way, I'm like it. If I were to screen share with you right now my other monitor, I'm literally reordering Max right now.
Speaker 1: It's hey, you can't be of course, it goes up to seven hundred and forty three dollars after the first six months. Roes. Oh god, it's very reasonable. Yeah, so at least you'll be able to obviously doesn't start streaming on Max for another month, but you'll definitely get five five months of Max for what fifteen dollars.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of shox, they really do.
Speaker 1: They have a lot of stuff on Max, including football if I'm not mistaken. So so there you go. Uh who else is anybody else gonna be watching AW on Max and not on TBS and TNT. Me.
Speaker 3: I don't have cable, so I don't watch, And like I said, I have to go watch the other friend's houses to watch it on there to do that because I just pay for Internet. But that'll still be cheaper than even if Pool Praiser. It will be cheaper than what my cable bill was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right by Sea Boss, Probably we'll start watching on Max so he doesn't have to come over to my place every Wednesday to watch Dynamite.
Speaker 5: As for me, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch it on Max the first night just to see if it's better. I mean, it would be cool if if the commercial breaks are different than it is on TBS. I I'd like to see not picture and picture for maybe if they just did it the middle of the show, you know what I mean. I don't know. We'll see. So let's move on to our pot Pourri segment, and the pot prise segment is where you could bring up a topic about anything in AEW and we'll discuss it. Who wants to go first? Y, Well, I know what you're going to talk about?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, no, I mean day you know where I'm going with this.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to feel about all this Ricky Starks news. Whether I should be because he's been pulled from all of his g c W dates.
Speaker 5: Because of a W stuff. I don't know how to.
Speaker 1: He it's nothing. The latest is is that Ricky Starks was pulled from g c W dates because of something that Fie, a wrestler for a for g c W, said something that Fie said on a podcast about Shod Khan uh. Tony Con did not like that and he's prohibited Ricky Starks from participating in gc W. However he did what was this is what was reported. Ricky Starks is able to take any other in the wrestling. It has so. In other words, wallins, it has nothing to do with Ricky Starks. It has everything to do with the wrestler at GCW who disrespected shot.
Speaker 4: Con understood which isn't tag been annoying because I kind of wanted to see Matt Cardona and Ricky Starks have that match.
Speaker 5: It seemed like it would have been good.
Speaker 4: And now it looks like we're not GA gay because it seems like Cardona is appearing in AW was a one off and Tony Kahan doesn't want to use Ricky Starks for whatever reason, is assigned to GCW or did they able to have side wrestlers.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know enough about GCW.
Speaker 2: GCW has their own roster. They're kind of like on it. Yeah, yeah, Cardona is on it. They're a landing well. But GCW contracts give a lot more freedom to work indies. That's kind of like the did stick with most indie contracts. But you know, uh, I don't want to efie. The wrestler in question has a known history of being a shit talker and ruining things for other people. And I think he's fantastic. I love him, love love his platform, love what he uses his platform for. I just sometimes he could get a little off the coff and say things that are not.
Speaker 1: Real.
Speaker 2: But I think to punish Ricky for that is. You know, if if that's something Ricky wanted to do. You know, I think they should have still allowed him to have that opportunity. I mean, Tony Kahn wants to maintain a good working relationship with the Indies if he wants to continue to draft some of their more you know, successful talent. And then blood Sport was over the weekend, which is a GCW event that Marina Shaffir, John Moxley and Speedball Mike Bailey. We're all of Adam. We know that he at some point is going to be aw bounds, so.
Speaker 5: He was also a blood Sport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's probably not a good idea to have a falling out with that promotion over one person's uh, you know, one person's opinion, you know, one dude that has very little pull on the entire roster. I don't think that for Tony Kahan to say.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, this is no cool.
Speaker 2: I'm mad at you, you know, come on, dude, like.
Speaker 1: Like, but from all we know, Ricky Starks came out and you said, I don't like this at all. You know, I don't like that guy. You know, I need out of this. Tony helped me out.
Speaker 3: But and that's the thing, and that's the thing. Everybody's gonna say it's done that. It's one guy's idea. This is what happened, that's what happened. We don't know what really happened. You just to go based on what you know about the people involved. And I kind of think what Kelson just said makes more sense that. You know, I don't see him doing that because unless you've done something drastic in front of the fans or said something that is known to ben said by you, Tony usually doesn't do anything like that. He lets things go to the point where you have the c him punk kind of shit happened, you know what I mean? So, yeah, who knows what really happened.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is Tony Kahan finally like standing his ground and so, you know what, I'm not gonna let these guys walk all over me.
Speaker 6: You know, I couldn't be too okay. I just wanted to circle back to GCW because they also do business with WWE, and I personally in surprise, that wasn't the strong that broke Tony's.
Speaker 1: One more time. Yeah, you broke up really bad there, but I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: No, So GCW especially was there blood sports stuff They will bring in WWE guys, and I'm surprised that really hasn't been a turn off for Tody from GCW.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean in gc GCW for blood Sports specifically, has had five separate promotions there including WW all at once you had a WWW. Yeah, you had a WWE person fighting an aw person during a blood Sport three years ago.
Speaker 6: Exactly exactly. That's That's That's where what I'm saying, like, is j c W literally like where AWWWE somehow coexists is GCW blood Sport where we've had Shana Bazeor show up on blood Sport twice this year and this past week we had Carmen Petrovitch show up on blood Sport.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, let's circle back to rawlins.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: Do you want to wrap up your potpourri? Or you said everything that you needed to say.
Speaker 4: It's just unfortunate that guys like Ricky and Miro and others are just kind of sitting on their hands doing nothing when they could be utilized on the ross during some way like there was a reason, like I invested so much of my fandom in Ricky starts, and I, in my opinion, it was validated.
Speaker 5: You know, personally, I.
Speaker 4: Would have had him take the title off of MJF, but that's neither here nor there. So I just don't like how Tony conn is just like, Yeah, I have nothing for you, so I'm just gonna make you sit at home and do nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, this may rawlins workout Ricky Stark's benefit, because maybe to throw him a bone, Tony Connell say hey, we've got a collision coming up, let's put you on it.
Speaker 6: You never know, I just want to I'm sorry about Miro. But does Miro actually want to come back and like do aw or.
Speaker 1: Does he just want We don't know?
Speaker 6: Or is he like or is he content with sitdying at home, wedding is contractor and potentially going back to WWE, or just retiring from wrestling at all.
Speaker 2: I could expand on that. So Miro attributes his fallout with his wife to them both being with a w at the same time. You know, I don't, I I don't. I can't confirm because I'm not in their marriage. I could tell you what I've researched and found. But it seems to be that he might have some ground to stand in making a statement like that, because you know what probably brought on the end of their marriage was a product of relationships she developed within AW. So he is volunteerly sitting on his hands. He's getting paid to sit on his hands, but he's voluntarily sitting on his hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that. It's this is touble speculation on my part, but i'd don't think that we're going to have receive Hero in a wrestling ring again, or I think he wants to retire. I think this has hit him hard, and uh, I think he's just If we do see him again, I don't think it'll be even if his contract runs out. I don't think it'll be in any ring until for a couple of years, and he's not a spring chicken anymore. This may be the end of him in the wrestling ring, which is a shame because I really enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I think we'll seem as Russov. It's more likely we'll seem as Russov. I think he's going to go the route of Androtti, but I don't think they're going to run him straight to the main roster. I think he'll head back to NXT, rebuild himself, maybe hold a mid mid I mean it's hard to say a mid card title in NXT say that five times fast?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: What is that? That's the men NXT World Championship. But like, sorry, anybody else.
Speaker 1: Does anybody else have a pri Let's go ahead and move on. Let's let's get another pot pourri discussion going.
Speaker 2: Anybody I have twenty, I always have Pope Prix.
Speaker 1: Make your best one saved the other nineteen for next year.
Speaker 2: Oh god no, that's why we podcast on our own, right, you know I want to like, this is just a thought. My Pope pri is a is a expressing a thought for everyone that's crapping on Kenny Omega right now for going back to New Japan. First, shut the hell up. Please. This dude literally like has been fighting to be in a wrestling ring for us his entire career, through tragedy and relocation and and and serious injury. Every time this dude turns around, something is serious. He seriously injured or he's sick. He's fought seriously injured for three years and said, I'm taking a step back and get crapped on this guy then too. Let him go back to Japan. Man, it's his life, it's it's what he wants to do. Stop being a jerk, he'll be back to AWB patient and if you have a problem with him not being an aw go watch New Japan like a big boy.
Speaker 1: Amen, way off. Kenny Punk, Kenny Omega.
Speaker 3: You say, Kenny Punk, Holy Ship, Kenny, Kenny Kenny's Kenny's reasons for going to New Japan make perfect sense. And what he said, you know he doesn't need they don't They don't really have a place for him in a W right now. Where are you gonna put him?
Speaker 2: If he comes, you can make a place for him, You could instantly.
Speaker 1: It's Kenny Omega gonna do. They're gonna be on Dynamite tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: He'll be. He'll do more good in you Japan that right now than he will in a W because you're not gonna want to throw him in a major thing right now in a W because he's still recovering and he's not. You know, they do that sometimes too often. Or he'll bring somebody back and say, Okay, well you you're not injured anymore. We're just gonna throw you right into it. And then you know, you got guys like Adam Cole that are nowhere near where they should be to be able to wrestle. Again, but yet he gets thrown into a major thing to try to go up against them. JF, why would you do that to one of your big superstars.
Speaker 4: Sudden, you took the words right out of my mouth, because that's exactly where I.
Speaker 5: Was going to go with it, Like.
Speaker 4: There's no need for Kenny Omega to come back, because if he were to return to AW, let's say tomorrow, you're gonna put him into a major storyline because it's freaking Kenny Omega, and he's just not in a position to do that, like the New.
Speaker 3: Japan uses and with this much issues that New Japan have had over the past year, him going to New Japan and starting back again there will allow New Japan hopefully to recover some of what they.
Speaker 2: Lost, not even not only that that they built the aw's entire product was built in New Japan, the entire thing. So so give Kenny some time to rebuild himself, recruit garner interest over there, and then they bring it back to America for Forbidden Door. But like there are so I see on the forums, like so many people who are like it's not even decisive, Like o F, Kenny Omego, why is he not coming back to a w like probably because you've never seen him on New Japan before. And you you're I want it almost liked cook You're you're like, you're an idiot, You're a grifter.
Speaker 10: Go away, And I'll tell you what the fact that not only is he coming back to New Japan, but he's facing Game Kids.
Speaker 5: Like that's not that's not exactly you know.
Speaker 4: Just making like I'm little returned like Game Kids is a serious wrestler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there are implications beyond that, good rollins. It is a form. It is the former best leader of Bullet Club going against Bullet Club's top guy and potentially the next leader of Bullet Club. Like yeah, like that's great. Like the stories bill themselves.
Speaker 3: And I know they have a connection between the two, but with Kenny going to New Japan, you could build an even stronger connection that could allow more interaction between the New Japan and AW than they have now, not just with guys like Ecee and the Murder Grandpa, but you could start bringing in more guys like Jeff Cobb or Gabe Kid or any number of the young guys that don't come over here.
Speaker 4: Exactly seton and like for somebody like me, who's not as familiar with, you know, the New Japan product Kenny Omega going up we're there, like gets my attention, like, oh, maybe I should tune into New Japan to see what Kenny Omega is doing.
Speaker 5: And you know that gets more eyes on New Japan.
Speaker 2: Hey, Sutton, to be fair to all the New Japan guys here in ae W, they're all homicide elders. She is not a spring chicken.
Speaker 3: Dude, I know, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm just it as forties.
Speaker 2: I mean, like all of these guys are like homicide Grandpa's But she.
Speaker 3: About being in his forties isn't old. When you come about wrestlers, you can't talk about guys that are under fifty or above forty but not quite fifty to fifty five. You can't talk to them about being old. Because Shabona can still go with anybody, and the only reason that he had issues was because of the injury he had.
Speaker 2: I'm projecting because I'm almost forty and I feel old.
Speaker 3: I'm over fifty five, so shut up. You know that. The kind of weird thing is you were talking about how the New Japan most of the people who came from or the bill aw were did their thing through there, but people don't mention how many of them can from r o H and r o H to me just never after they just they shut it down the first time before Tony bought it. That kind of killed r o H for me.
Speaker 2: Well, it killed r o H for.
Speaker 1: A lot of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well the reason are you know why r o H shutdown?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. I can't remember it.
Speaker 2: So their owner and promoter was involved with a uh a scandal that evolved the word that rhymes with s metophilia. So yeah, so like uh so the company was Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, I just it's just amazing to me that now that Tony's brought it back, I just don't think it's getting the the the necessary love that it needs to be getting. Well, I mean, like it's I think there's too much interaction with people from r o H being on a w L, especially the men women sat up a big deal, but you don't ever see except for pay per views. Most of the title defenses for the ROH titles are done in aew You.
Speaker 2: Know, I've said this before and this is a pretty you know, extreme critique, but I feel that Tony Kahn's presence in ROH is cheap in the product completely and if you look at Ring of Honors Heyday, you got keny Omega, Adam Cole, Kyle Riley, Bobby Fish. That's to name a few. I can name a few more since Gay Nakamura, Kazuko, kata Uh, Penta, Kevin Owens, Kevin stem Yeah, Al Jenerico, Yeah, that Tyler Black the stuff it was now Rollins. I mean, like all of these guys like these huge names like like see him Punk Samoa Joe, you know, or to dip even further in you know, EXCaliber you know, like look at Excalibur, you know, like like yeah, like ROH has had some of the world's greatest wrestlers involved with them. But to wrap this back into New Japan, most of these guys in ro OH actually started with New in Japan and leaked over to r H. Like the Elite disputed. They were New Japan guys before they were rh guys. I mean AJ Styles was the first peer Champion, like straight up yeah, like and that's aj Styles one of the greatest wrestlers on earth.
Speaker 4: So, by the way, just saw this tweet from New Japan Global after a challenge from the Young Bucks was accepted by the Great o'conn and and raw.
Speaker 5: Excuse me if I mispronounced that name.
Speaker 4: And Hi w GP Tag Team Championship Match has been added to January fifth at Russell Dynasty.
Speaker 2: All right, that's gonna be great. These guys have all runned before. It's gonna be a banger.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let's move on to Sutton and Steve have not done their pote marie yet, neither of I.
Speaker 7: So, jeez, I don't know what to talk about. There's you guys, like you guys covered all what I was gonna talk about, like the the Ricky Stark stuff, and you.
Speaker 1: Gotta be aggressive, Steve, come on, buddy, how everybody else does? How about how? How? I don't know?
Speaker 7: I like, uh, Will Hobbs coming back and like I and like I think he's good in the ring now and like I think he's going somewhere now that he's back.
Speaker 1: And do you like him as a face better than as a heel? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think that's it. That's what I'm liking.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you see his interview with Renee Renee Pikata was posted on YouTube earlier today? No, I'll watch it. Oh my god, it's really good. Did you know that his brother was murdered right in front of him? Matter of fact, his brother he pushed him out of the way. Hobbs got shot in the arm. His brother took six in the chest. Boom oh, and Hobbs talked about this a little bit during the interview. It's really good because I've always said that Hobbes is he always strikes me as just one of those guys that I want to hang around with. He just seems like a genuine good dude. That's how I feel too, you know. And he was just all the way to put it, he was balling his eyes out during this interview. He was belfore it was a really good interview. It was really really something.
Speaker 2: He was walking around fright night and Jim Schwartz and the tank Top just high five and strangers. I didn't I personally saw him, but didn't get to say hey to him. But a bunch of people I were with like got to talk to him for a couple of minutes, and I guess he was like super cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Everybody that ever talks about him outside of the ring say he is the nicest, most most amicable person you'll ever meet. And what he said earlier this year when he first came back, he wants to try to put his real personality into his character. Now he's going to go away from the other stuff and become more like he is in real life, which could be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this interview, he talked about not even being able to like take his kids to school. He's got an eighteen year old son, he's got a daughter that's younger than that, and heah, but anyway, No, he was talking about not even being able to put his shoes on and stuff like that. You're not not putting be able to put any weight. He went to physical therapy three hours a day for six days a week. He was going to the gym still, just even though he couldn't do much, he still went to the gym, you know. And and he said that his goal was to come back better than he was when he left. And you know, and he did lose it. What he was talking about his kids having to take care of him, you know, and that they did a good job, you know. And he just strikes me. He talked about being a dad and you know, a man's responsibility as a father. The guy just said everything right, I mean it's a really good interview.
Speaker 5: It's on YouTube.
Speaker 1: It's with Rene Paquette. It's on the AW official AW YouTube channel, or you can go on AW Final because I put a link cord up there. It's definitely worth a view. Even if you're not what you would consider a fan of Will Hobbs, you will be after this. I mean you'll you'll get it. He's just a good He's just a good dude. He really is.
Speaker 5: Hey, Keel said, all I will say is this. You mentioned how he saw his brother get murdered right in front of him.
Speaker 4: MJF better not find out about that because you know how kind of promo and mentioned that.
Speaker 1: Well neither should Nick wayn Nick Wayne is gonna probably be like I'll be your step brother.
Speaker 6: What's wrong?
Speaker 2: That's wrong?
Speaker 7: Like yeah, Like I only seen Will Hobbs as just like someone who would always squash or like in always the Squash matches. I'm like, well, come on, there has to be more to this guy and than when he comes back and returns, it's like I totally see something different in him. I'm like, oh, now I want to watch him sort.
Speaker 1: Of yeah, but does anybody else have a potpourri sudden. I I do have a potpourri, and I men ask everybody that's listening and everybody that's on the panel tonight tomorrow night, to get out your lamb chops, your pork chops, your chop sticks, because we're gonna have Chris Jericho and Tamo Heroishi in a chop fest. There's no other way to put it. Oh yeah, what's what's the over under? I'm saying two hundred chops at least tomorrow night, believe it or not. The last time they wrestled, I did count it, and I stopped counting at one hundred, and that was only about maybe a third of the way through the match. But that was a little bit of a differause if you remember they spent the first ten minutes of that match, they didn't remember that. They didn't even attempt the wrestling move. I didn't even do a half long They just started right chopping with each other. And they just stood toe to toe and chopped. You know, Jericho was bleeding through his ear. You know. It was just like, I'm like, we're gonna see red chests had a lot of chopping tomorrow night, and I hope it's a good long match, and I hope it's right at nine o'clock because that would be the perfect time to take my dogs out because I have no intention to watching this match.
Speaker 6: To me, over five hundred, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think they can go that long. Don't break their hands if they do it that much, buddy, But yeah, I mean it's tell me hero Ishi now this is for the rig of Hoter World Championship on a w TV. Tell me hero Ishi is right now? Oh at eleven and a w singles matches. Why is he in this match? I don't know. I think.
Speaker 3: That hasn't wrestled Erico under the Learning Tree, isn't he? Did he wrestle him? Was that last match with Jericho? And in the with Jericho the Learning Tree at the time?
Speaker 1: Pretty sure it was.
Speaker 6: All they got to.
Speaker 3: You've got to get all the conglomeration into this eventually, that's what this is.
Speaker 1: They need to decide whether the collaboration is going to be going after the Death Writers or they're going to go after the Learning Tree, or if they're going after the women's division. Who the hell knows what they're doing. They're all over the damn place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly, I see them kind of I see them kind of breaking the conglomeration down a little bit now, because for the next month, you've got uh, You've got what was his name in the in the C two, and then Mark he's in the C two and Ors Cassidy got the crap beat out of him. And if you watch the mjf Roddy match, then you've got Kyle O'Reilly going weird on that one. So you might not see the conglomeration together anymore, at least.
Speaker 1: Not like that, not like that. But I'm still I mean that's what they're doing. I mean, look, the fact of the matter is it's gonna be a chop best. It's a totally mirorless match. I do have another potpourri, uh, and it kind of goes along with this. I made a post on aw fan Hub and I said something that is so poetic, and so it got questioned right away. I said that the Orange Cassidy match against John Moxley at full gear was pointless but necessary, pointless but necessary, and somebody, how could you have a match be both pointless and necessary? That's and so I explained it to him. It was pointless because nobody that I've talked to expected Orange Cassidy to win that match. Everybody expected Orange Cassie to lose, So in that regard, it was kind of pointless putting him in a World Championship match as a main event on a pay per view when there was literally no hope from anybody that I talked to, whether it be on this podcast or in the different social media rounds that I do. Nobody, and I mean this sincerely. Some people said they wanted Orange Cassie to win, but nobody thought he was gonna win that I talked to. Now, now that's what made the match pointless. Why was it necessary? Because somebody had to do it, And frankly, Orange Cassidy has a history with John Moxley, so that's why Max that Cassidy was put in that position. But still it was totally a of the matches that were on full gear. That one was like absolutely certain there was no way to win going into it.
Speaker 3: The only way Max would have lost that masters if he would have got a broken leg or something in the middle of it. Yeah, but I mean, like you said, it wasn't it wasn't it. It wasn't necessary, but it was or it wasn't needed, but it was necessary for the simple fact that that was the stepping stone to the next level of the Death Riders storyline.
Speaker 1: And that's why the pay per view ending kind of made people a little bit upset because it was no clear the step. The next step wasn't made clear. It was very open ended because you had multiple people out there that could then be the next challenger.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but I think the whole Derby thing is the is the next step and if it's not him, it's it's gonna be either Christian or somebody else, because I still think the will the uh the uh uh cowboy.
Speaker 1: Let me say something, No, let me say something to you here, sudden look at the C two. Look at the C two roster right right? The C two ends at World's end, right right, that's the final right that, in and of itself, that tells me that nobody in this C two roster is the next step for John Moxley, because the only way they could be is by being failures in a lesser championship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we're not picking Darby to win.
Speaker 1: But why would you Derby Darby challenge for the World Championship but he's losing so goddamn much.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the same thing saying that the same question that can be asked. Everybody says that Stylander should be into women's world title match, but she keeps losing because he Shouldn't you say that.
Speaker 1: I don't think that she'd be in the world title match. She loses too much. She's got enough to win there.
Speaker 3: But you know, the only person in that match, the only person in the C two that would be the next step for him is Derby if they want to go with Derby now, but it could be somebody else. We don't know. It's not gonna I know it definitely not gonna be Christian because it's sorry. Ask ain't gonn challenge him unless he knows he can beat him?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Well, you can. You could argue that Osprey could be. But I will say this, nobody in the C two is is Boxley's next step. They can't be. There's no way they can set it up. How are you gonna have because the C two is a round robin, so even if they're eliminated, they're still gonna be fighting up until like the week before the finals in the C two. And why would you put a loser in the C two? Is as the world champion.
Speaker 3: This is one of the reasons why I said that this whole Death Riders storyline and the C two don't mix because you're eliminating you're eliminating twelve people from that, and you're putting people in the C two. The big thing right now with the Death Writers is they attack people. You can't do that in the C two. So Claudia was on his own.
Speaker 1: Something tells me get ready for hangman at him page and John Moxley, what is it? Four or five? Four?
Speaker 5: Could be?
Speaker 1: Could be?
Speaker 3: But he's got problems with Jay White. I mean, well, I guess Jay White's going after Christian maybe.
Speaker 2: Well at the end of the pay per view he was screaming pack Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: And the thing about that is that could lead except for the fact that Juice is in it too, So that puts them a man down, even if they have the entire Bang Bang gang. So that puts him a man down going up against the Death Writers. So the Death Riders are still well I guess not because Claudi's in there. So it makes it even I.
Speaker 1: Don't just scount lastly, right, And and.
Speaker 3: That's and that's the most that's the best part of that whole thing. Everybody's like, oh, it didn't make it clear who cares. It gave us so many options that we don't know what's gonna happen tomorrow night when it comes to Moxley. Moxie could come out and declared that he's going after the Bang Bang Gang. He could come out and declared he's going after the Hurt Syndicate. He could come out and declared he's going after anybody Derby, you know, I mean, there's there's so many options for this, and that's what makes it exciting because it's what everybody wants. Everybody wants there to be that unknown factor in a W and I'm by god if there ain't that unknown factor right now.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, suck you brought up, you know, Chris Statlander for whatever reason going after the World Championship. I mean, we are going to need somebody to go after the World champions It could be mean as shere Kala, that could be true.
Speaker 3: The way they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, CALLA is not on a winning streak. Tony Storm certainly isn't on a winning streak. She's lost three matches in a row, singles Matches'll be it not a W but she still lost three matches in a row and singles petition. Only two women in AW that have some kind of momentum going into to uh A possibility of challenging Mariah may Is, Mercedes Modem Jamie Hater. I mean, am I wrong there?
Speaker 3: Well, Jamie hasn't really been in a match. I mean, she's had what two matches since he's come back. In the one they drug her off before she got involved in it, and the other one she went up against Penelope. So you know, that goes back to saying earlier about how they.
Speaker 1: Bring people in beat the Carsheta.
Speaker 3: I don't think she wrestled cheated.
Speaker 1: I don't know, so sheida loses to everybody these days.
Speaker 3: But but that's that's part of the problem is that that I have with the way they do things in AW. You know, you're not using you're not using the win loss records, so throw that out the door. But they have so many people who are losing matches that shouldn't lose matches, and you're not giving yourself a clear cut person to put in a title shot, especially in the winner's division, because everybody's losing if they're if they're and and when they do get a shot at the titles. They're losing, Yeah, and A one and a Jay Wonder Magic against Mariah the first time and then got beat the second time, and her momentum is killed. You got Queen Amnada going up against Mercedes Money and gets beat. She's got no momentum anymore. Chris lost to her. She's got no minimum anymore. The only ones that have momentum that aren't there is Julia.
Speaker 2: They killed Penelope for its momentum as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was ridiculous. Yeah, I mean I agree with you. Well, look, we need to wrap this up because we're heading on to two hours.
Speaker 3: Now, go for three minutes, go to midnight.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, I do have a couple of announcements, one being is that we will be doing our Dynamite post show review show right after Dynamite on our discord. The link to the discord will be in this podcast description. The second announcement is is on Friday at noon. Black Friday at noon the nomination start for the aw fan Hub twenty twenty four Awards. We've got the categories all set up. We're going to post them up on all of our social media. You can nominate three wrestlers in each category. We'll keep that going for a week and then after the nominations are talied, the top four from each category will then be put the vote and you will select the aew fan Hub Award. So be sure to look for that on all of our social media Blue Sky, aw fan Hub, our Discord, YouTube, put it everywhere so you can cast your boats for your nominations in each of these categories. And we did it last year. This is the second annual one and it was a lot of fun. We had thousands of votes last year and our community has grown strippled since last year at this time, so this could be really fun. It could be a lot of work too, but it should be a lot of fun. Okay. So that's it for tonight. That is the Ignition Podcast. For everybody you joined in tonight, thank you so much and for all of the listeners, it's great to have you. Be sure to join us on Discord, be sure to join us on the aw fantub subreddit on our Blue sky. It's all searchable. Just look up aw Fanub three words and you can find us. So fortyaw Fanub podcast team. This is Kelson. Good night, everybody, not you.
Speaker 6: Not y'all right night,