Speaker 1: This is the other side of midnight.
Speaker 2: The running a strange program, y'all with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 3: When you probably should be sleeping. That's when Walter comes creeping. Just turn off the light. It's the other side of midnight. If you hear a bunch of complaining and a lot of mansplaining, your dialist said, right, it's the other side of midnight. The competition hasn't got a chance when Sterling's on, they just go on auto pilot decos. Let's face it, they don't care, So settle in for radio done right.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like a radio bullfive.
Speaker 3: It's Walter Sterling, alright, on the other side of midnight.
Speaker 5: Whytt you're in the Canada? Are you a Canadian? Is that what I understand?
Speaker 4: I am in Toronto.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, that would make you a Canadian, even though people in Quebec would deny that.
Speaker 4: You know, I remember learning in I think it was Grade five about the nineteen ninety five referendum when Quebec wanted to separate from Canada, and I got to say, there is a decent amount of animosity at times between people, especially in the Western provinces, towards those in Quebec. But we love our friends in Montreal and elsewhere.
Speaker 5: No, you don't. The fact is that the referendum law referendum loss by about one percent of the vote. You know that that is true.
Speaker 4: Yes, for your listeners. There was someone by the name of Jean Cherie who was the Premier of Quebec and he ran for the leadership of the Conservative Party. And even though this happened in nineteen ninety five, it remains a very discussed issue in Canadian politics. That was one of the main kind of central points throughout his campaign. Good check.
Speaker 5: So what what was interesting about that referendum is that the rest of Canada was actually surprised that it was that close. The rest of Canada was amazed that it was that close. They did not realize there was that level of animosity. What nobody realized is what would have happened if that had actually gone through. Do you know what would have happened?
Speaker 4: Tell me what you were going to say, and I have some thoughts afterwards.
Speaker 6: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: I don't know why my headphones are so unbalanced. Jesus, Hold on a second. I've like I hear you at a ten and I hear myself at a two, and some nights it actually works, right, but this is not one of those nights. That's sorry. It's symbolic of everything that's happened tonight. Hold on a second, let me put in Let's try the other input, because I got four hours to kill here. Hold on, test, test, test. You know it's such. It's a great radio station and it has great facilities. But man, the munchkins come in and eat these earphones. Give me one more second. Normally, you know these things will be tested by text. But you know, it's all right, all right. Now. What would have happened is the rest of the country would have realized that Quebec is bankrupt. It is the poorest of all the provinces, and the amount of subsidies from the rest of the government that supported are profound. The minute it's separated from the rest of the country because of language issues, the people of Quebec would find out just how poor they are.
Speaker 4: Which just for your listeners, because right now, wait.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, stop, stop, you keep talking like it's meet the press. I don't have any listeners. I have a listener. Listener singular singular, we refer to them in the singular. I'm not on a stage with a PA system at high school these I have a listener alone in the car praying that the kids in the back don't wake up.
Speaker 6: Wake up.
Speaker 4: Okay, well in that case, for your listener. The thing happening right now in Alberta, that is, which is Canada's kind of most well known western province that's not getting a lot of discussion in the United States, and that is they are going forward with something very similar to what Quebec tried to do in nineteen ninety five with the referendum. But the difference here is obviously Alberta's oil sands contributes greatly to the Canadian economy, and so what's basically happening is the Premiere of Alberta, which is like the Canadian equivalent of a governor, is putting forth a vote that Alberta's will have on whether or not there should be a referendum, which is kind of confusing because it's basically a referendum on whether or not there should be a referendum. But the underlying kind of issue here is that there are a number of people in the province of Alberta who want to separate from the rest of Canada. It's getting a lot of discussion, and I think the part that's getting lost in all of this is you can't just dismiss it as easily as people dismiss the Quebec referendum, because in Quebec, to your point, they don't contribute economically as much to the rest of the country as a province like Alberta dos. I think it's quite dangerous when you have that level of animosity from Alberta Albertan's towards the rest of the country, and that's certainly what we're seeing now.
Speaker 5: All I know about Western Canada is Jan Arden.
Speaker 4: She's a great Canadian.
Speaker 5: She's a great Canadian and easily your most talented Canadian. And I heard her give a speech at Canadian Music Week a couple of years ago and it blew me away. I said to my radio friends, I said, you must hire her to do a talk show. You must hire her now to to a talk show, because she's funny as hell. And then the only reason I mentioned this is because there's a TV show having nothing to do with me that just dropped this week on Amazon Prime called Sterling Point, and Sterling Point is about cottage Country in Canada. Rich Cottage Country teens, cottage country teens hitting the prime of their adolescence, rich teens. And at one point one of them is going through a box of stuff and there's a cassette labeled Jan Arden and I'm like, okay, I am the only person in the lower forty eight who knows who the hell Jan Arden is. And then I said, well, wait a minute. They never took my advice and gave her a full time radio show. She is so funny and bonus track, she's a lesbian.
Speaker 4: There are a number of underappreciated Canadians that I always think I wish more Americans knew who they were. She's certainly up there as one of them.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: The other thing, I was watching dragons Den Canada the other day, which is a very random thought, but as I was watching the show, I was thinking, we have it's similar to what you guys have as Shark Tank on ABC and we I was thinking, as I was watching the show, you know, there's so many great Canadian companies, great inventions. The dragons that are on you know, this panel are great people. Obviously they have lots of money they're investing in all these businesses. I thought, you know, sometimes the Canadian dragons Den is almost more interesting than the American Shark Tank, and it kind of goes back to that idea of I just wish there was in some cases greater you know, understanding of what goes on in Canada, because it's not all bad, despite what some Americans might be led to both.
Speaker 5: Dragon's Den was the precursor to Shark Tank. It was on first for a couple of years with Kevin O'Leary. He was on there, as was Robert Herzier that no one can pronounce. But even more interesting. Have you ever seen the Australian version of Shark Tank?
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 4: There was this one kit I was watching on it he ran I think it was either like a cookie or a cupcake business or something, and he was literally like my age. And he comes out and he's like, I have six hundred thousand dollars in sales in the past year. And he got this like insane offer of like I think it was five hundred thousand dollars. They were going to want ten percent of his company. And he said, no, I'm not going to take your deal because the valuation of his company was just that high and that good, and I thought, you know, imagine being a seventeen year old being able to reject a deal that has a five million dollar valuation to it. So I know, I think they have a lot of great talent too. And also the the UK version of Dragon's Den they have Peter Jones, mister Global as he's known, who went on the American version too recently.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, now you and I are talking to Wyatt Sharp, who is a rising senior in Canadian high school land. He has a terrific podcast on YouTube called what's it called The Sharp Exchange with the Shark Sharp Exchange, Sharp with a Knee, And you give us updates on the news. Now, you broke a story on your YouTube channel and on this show a week ago about that wacky sheriff uh involved with the Savannah Guthrie mom situation. Tell us what it was that was revealed on that show and what you've learned since.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So for your listeners who don't know what I said, for your sorry for your listener doesn't know, I'm gonna keep doing it. You're gonna have to keep correcting me. So not this Saturday that just passed, but the one before that that marked six months since Nancy Guthrie, who is the mom of Today's show anchor Savannah Guthrie, was abducted from her home in Tucson, Arizona, and so as that day was approaching, I thought, you know, I haven't seen the sheriff who's the lead investigator in this case, do a lot of interviews. And I thought, that's, you know, pretty puzzling, if you will. He's the lead investigator, people have a lot of questions. And I slowly started to realize that the reason he's not doing a lot of interviews is because he's turning everybody down, not because there's not, you know, an appetite for the interviews. So I thought, well, let me reach out to him. Maybe I can use the fact that I'm seventeen to my advantage. You know, I want to help my generation understand what's going on with this case. So I reached out to him. He agreed to do the interview, and like all of my interviews, I'd put hours worth of prep into the conversation, and I tried to develop questions that I knew could help advanced forward kind of the state of the case. And so I asked him about his relationship with the FBI director cash Bettel, which was the most interesting part. I think it might have been after we spoke last. He had said in the interview with me that Cash Patel, the director of the FBI, was misinformed. He said he was hurting the case with his involvement. And then Cash Patel, just a few days after my interview, went on Fox News and responded directly to my conversation with the sheriff, and so to a certain extent, I was thinking to myself, how is it that the director of the FBI and the lead investigator in this case are going at one another and focusing on the politics of this situation instead of looking for poor Nancy Guthrie, who's been gone now for six months. And so that was the most interesting part to me. You know, some of the other parts of the interview revealed kind of more information with respect to DNA and how they're using that to find out potentially, you know, the family members of who the suspect is and using the family members to then get to that main suspect. So there was really, you know, a number of interesting parts of that interview, and I think the fact that he did that interview, I have to say, I said this last time to you giving me thirty minutes, and you know, even if he wasn't expecting it, the answers he gave certainly did move things along to an extent.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, congratulations, But what did he say?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think so on the genealogy piece, that was the one that really moved forward our understanding of where this case is at right now, because he said that they're using something called familial genealogy and I'm gonna under kind of, you know, unpack what that means for your listener, and that is it's when you have different potential suspects and you're looking at the family members of those suspects to then root back to who the potential suspect could be. So it was just really interesting and actually very good news that he revealed that they are using familial genealogy in this case to try and figure out who the suspect could be. Because it's been six months, we have not heard a lot on where the investigation is at, in part because he has not done very many interviews, and so that was the first time in a while that he had came out and said something that actually did move things along, because now we know that they are still working behind the scenes and uncovering different techniques with respect to DNA to try and figure out the identity of the suspect. Now, another thing that I think is important to mention is people tend to think that at the six month mark cases start to go cold. He made very clear that even though they are getting fewer and fewer leads, the Pima County Sheriff's Department is still receiving leads and leads of high quality as well. So he said, for example, something that stuck with me was he said he had a conversation with someone in Ireland about a tip, and that was kind of used by him to illustrate the variety.
Speaker 5: To illustrates that he is crap. Whytt it illustrates that he is crap?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 5: Stand by stand by Walter Sterling. The Other Side of Midnight from the Red Apple Audio Networks.
Speaker 1: The Other Side of Midnight with Walter Sterling. It's the Other Side of Midnight with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 3: The biggest a night show in American radio.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Retired Detective Vic Ferrari And on tonight's episode of Confessions of a Retired Detective, Firearm safety isn't always what it seems in the New York City Police Academy coming up in moments with Walter Sterlington on the other side of Midnight Mayhem in Tacoma. Details later the people in Walmart Walter Sterling at the other side of Midnight, Red Apple Audio Network Florida Stories. It's the wildest, weirdest, stupidest, grossest, funniest, sexiest stories from Florida. I'm James Parker Florida Stories. He's coming up on the Red Apple Audio Networks n.
Speaker 5: Fits Walter Sterling. The other side of Midnight, there's Wyatt Sharp, our Canadian friend, brilliant young man who is an excellent journalist and a dogged journalist who gets his sheriff. He was just summing up what he learned from the sheriff in the Savannah Guthrie mother case. The sheriff wasn't talking to people until Wyatt Sharp tracked him down last week, revealed it on his YouTube channel, and then next revealed it on our show last Sunday night. Then all these very slow, slow witted, lame other sources of information got on it, you know, Wednesday, Thursday whenever they felt like it. But we had it on one week ago today, whyatt please sum up what you learned from the sheriff last week, but don't waste my time with it. Oh you know, he's got a viable source in Ireland. Don't be ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I thought that was pretty telling that if he's talking to someone in Ireland.
Speaker 5: I was like, you know, I could talk to someone in Ireland too, domestic. I could talk to someone in Ireland too. I just have to say, hey, can I buy you a beer?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, anyways, so the sheriff, I think one thing, I'll tell you what he said in a moment and kind of expand on that. But I also think the fact that to your point, he's, after my interview, started doing interviews with just about anybody who would talk with him, which to me I thought was a little bit of damage control on his part, because he said some stuff in the interview that then he probably thought to himself, oh goodness, I need to clear some of that stuff up. And to that some of the stuff that he said was going back to his relationship with the FBI director Cash Pateel. It's probably not a good look for someone like Chris Nanos, who, frankly not most people in the United States know who he is. They know him by the fact that he's the sheriff in the Nancy Guthrie case. They don't know his name though. So if the headline is you know, Nancy Guthrie, sheriff is blasting the FBI director. If I'm cash Ptel, I'm not going to be you know, too eager to be friends then with this sheriff, And I think he probably thought to himself, I, as the sheriff and the FBI need to continue to have some form of a relationship if this case is going to be solved, and so that's I think where the damage control was coming from. He did say that leeds have slowed down in the case as well, which was interesting kind of contrasting that with the fact that he said the case is not cold. If I think of case going cold, usually that corresponds to a significant decrease in the number of leads. So I think some of the contradictions that he made in the interview like that were also quite telling. And I'll just say lastly, but the actual logistics of the interview itself, I was very surprised by the fact that just a little behind the scenes for your listeners. There were no PR people involved in the coordination of this interview, which albeit p mccounty is a very small area in Arizona, they probably don't have a lot of people doing some of the communications for him and such. But again, I just thought for a sheriff who is under the spotlight as much as him, he might have want to, you know, clear it with his PR people. But I think Ashley Banfield said this to me. One of my good mentors and a legend really is crime reporting and.
Speaker 5: Eighth the audience I do. So let's just be clear. You know, when you go kissing up to your little TV friends, they have no audience compared to this show.
Speaker 4: Actually, Banfield got six hundred thousand subscribers, so I just want to defend her on that front. Ashley Banfield, No, what she said.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to say, I've never heard of that person.
Speaker 4: Well, she worked for a number of networks, but it's more important what she said.
Speaker 6: Job.
Speaker 5: Is that what you just told me.
Speaker 4: No, No, she's very talented. She's been a great mentor to me.
Speaker 5: But I just want to say, did she teach you to address the viewer in the singular?
Speaker 4: She told me that the sheriff thought that he was probably going into this interview thinking it was a high school project, and then you know, walking out of the interview thinking, oh my goodness, I can't believe I had to say that. And so that's why, again going back to the damage control, he had to do a number of interviews in order to kind of clear up some of that stuff.
Speaker 5: Good for you, listen, We're very proud of you. I always enjoyed putting you on. I always enjoy having you on the show. This is the great Wyat Sharp. How do we find you on YouTube?
Speaker 4: It's on YouTube, The Sharp Change, the.
Speaker 5: Sharp Exchange, which is going to get him into Harvard or at the very least McGill.
Speaker 4: McGill's up there. I gotta say, one of the best Canadian school.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it's the best Canadian school. And you should be very proud of yourself. We are proud to have you on the show. I particularly appreciate the fact that we can kid you a little and I thank you for that, and I look forward to talking to you next week. Wyatt Sharp on the Other Side of Midnight with Walter Sterling. Oh look at this, it's Matthaeus Boombom in Hollywood. But here we should first put a jingle. Do you have a jingle? Pete sticking a jingle with Walterster think like top forty always thinks like top forties progressed them.
Speaker 6: The whole thing descends into the vapid viscosity of a dud.
Speaker 5: Really, yes it did.
Speaker 6: That's that's my comments about a picture that came out last weekend.
Speaker 5: We wait, let me let me hear those comments again. Let me let me hear are you saying that again?
Speaker 6: Well, the whole thing descends into the vapid viscosity of a dud.
Speaker 5: An English major insulting somebody, go ahead, ha ha, mattheas Boomboom is live in Hollywood. There's nothing else live in America at this hour. Nothing. Therefore, it's a privileged talk with you about what happened in Hollywood this weekend, summary of box office and what you're looking forward to this week matteas in Hollywood.
Speaker 6: Yes, well, I am looking forward to a picture which is coming out with William Defoe addressed that in just a moment. We had a little scare in Burbank earlier tonight, around three o'clock, a fire started near the De Belle golf course that's in the Verdugo Mountain hillside because a car apparently started this fire went rapidly up the hillside, but they managed to contain it. They were a little concerned around seven to ten, and people watching from the golf course were able to see smoke going up on the hill behind the golf green, so they were a little concerned. May have opped a few golf games before the eighteenth. Oh but now that fire is contained. Of course people think Burbank. They're thinking, oh, Walt Disney Studios and Universal Pictures, but no, this was just they only this fire department only closed two streets so before it gets blown out of proportion. The fire department worked very well to contain the forty acre space and managed to nip it in the butt is now contained. I think there's some member stale. But that's the excitement in southern California today.
Speaker 5: And what was the big picture this weekend?
Speaker 6: Well, the big picture this weekend continues to be Spider Man, which just this weekend alone, between August seventh and August ninth, made one hundred and forty five million dollars one hundred and forty five million dollars in three days. Of course, that adds to its total growth, which worldwide is now one billion, six hundred and sixty five million, eighty eight and twenty eight dollars. It's just a remarkable turnout for Spider Man, which people are enjoying very much, and it was a very entertaining movie. We talked about it a couple a couple of weeks ago right here on this show, and it continues to be the big attraction this weekend. It's following on the heels of The Odyssey, which is still doing fairly well as well, which has made thirty two million just this weekend. The Odyssey adding its total aggregate to four hundred and sixty one million, and one night only the movie I was that I just referred to in that sound by just moments ago that descends into the vapid viscosity of a dud managed to earn five point seven million. It's in third place, but I don't think it'll stay there much longer. Super Troopers three came in with four million dollars, hopefully that'll do better, and Toy Story five is in fifth place with nine million dollars over the weekend, but four hundred and seventy million since it opened.
Speaker 5: What about Supergirl?
Speaker 6: Supergirl is no longer on the list, Walter, I'm so sorry, but Supergirl herself, we hope will certainly do some exciting things in future. I should do a little investigating around here to see what project she has next, so we can look forward to talking about that, so we can see her again soon on the screen.
Speaker 5: Well, Sandia is now the highest grossing female star in history. Her pictures have grossed more than any other female star ever achieved.
Speaker 6: That's really remarkable. And of course she's in the two big hits that really saved the box office in the last couple of weeks. She's both in Odyssey The Odyssey, and she's in of course Spider Man of Brand New Day, so good for her.
Speaker 5: And then she married Spider Man just in case any pennies were left on the floor, because whatever he has is now hers. I promise you, I guarantee you she is a better lawyer.
Speaker 6: A looking forward this week to seeing a new Willem Defoe movie where he plays an old poet who lives in New York but who works in the post office. He was once well received and well known, but now somewhat forgotten and some young admirer appears on his doorstep and lures him into his coterie of twenty something admirers who think he's a rediscovered genius. So it makes for some fun stuff. Greta Lee is also in the movie. So I'm looking forward to seeing seeing it and talking about it this coming weekend with you.
Speaker 5: Have you had a chance to see Star City?
Speaker 6: Not yet, but you've been raving about it, and I've been trying to get over there to the Apple TV folks to take a look, because that whole world of the Russian space program sounds absolutely fascinating, and looking at that from that perspective, it should be really fantastic. You've loved it, You've been attached. You've watched every episode, haven't you.
Speaker 5: Yes. And then Amazon Prime dropped a series called Sterling Point having nothing to do with Me. Surprisingly, Do you know about this one?
Speaker 6: No? I haven't heard about that. Well.
Speaker 5: Sterling Point dropped on Friday and it was the number one Amazon Prime viewed show. It's an eight episode series and it's based on nothing. It's not based on a book or anything. It's about rich, horny teens in cottage country in Canada and right there. That should be enough. Yet, surprisingly, unlike off Campus, there's no nudity. Tragically, yet it's such a compelling story you will actually watch it. Such as compelling story that I was completely confused all the way through, and yet I couldn't stop watching it.
Speaker 6: Okay, one of those.
Speaker 5: One of those, And pretty much the heart of the dialogue went like this, Oh, how are you feeling? Are you okay? That's pretty much the bulk of the dialogue that took place. Hi, how are you doing? Are you okay? Needless to say, i'd say it has more female than male appeal.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know if I'm going to look forward to that or not, but I'll give it a give it a shot and see what happened.
Speaker 5: Well, it's about cottage country in Canada. You know about cottage country in Canada?
Speaker 6: No tell us about it.
Speaker 5: Sure, they don't refer to their mansions on the on the Arctic Lakes in Canada as mansions. They call them cottages. The rich people call their eighteen room estates cottages. And yeah, and they they go up to the lake region of southern Canada is called cottage country. And the richer you are, the bigger, your Cottage and it's a charming, beautiful, a lovely, insanely well reviewed series. It was variety like that. Every reviewer adored this thing, so I would urge you to watch it. Sterling point, Sterling point, Matthias Boombom easy to remember, Yes, sir, Sterling Boom Boom in Hollywood. How do we find you on YouTube?
Speaker 6: Mattias? Well, you'll find me on Facebook at Mattias Boomball's Hollywood. That's m A T I A S BO M B A l apostrophe s Hollywood, just like the city Mattias Bomball's Hollywood on Facebook, Walter, and looking forward to chatting with you some more.
Speaker 5: You're gonna find out the fate of Millie Alcock.
Speaker 6: That's right, that's my assignment.
Speaker 5: That's your assignment, buddy. All right, thank you very much for being on the other side of midnight with Walter Sterling. We're gonna blow our own horn.
Speaker 3: Sure as your born you'll agree the other side of midnight is the place to be.
Speaker 4: With Walter Sterling every night you see.
Speaker 6: On the Red.
Speaker 7: Network.
Speaker 5: All right, ladies and gentlemen, you and I can talk at any time at eight hundred and eight four eight nine two to two two. For example, we can talk to Kevin right now. Welcome to the other side of Midnight. Kevin, congratulations for getting through.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm extremely excited. Walter Sterling. I'm a big fan for about three months now?
Speaker 5: How did that happen? Exactly?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 5: What did you stumble on that intrigued you and sucked you in?
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 5: Speechless? You're speechless?
Speaker 6: You want full time, and I was. It's been for as long as you've been on w ABC the Left past three months or so.
Speaker 5: I know it feels like three months, but it's actually been five. And but that's what happens when you're entertained and things go very fast, very fast. Unlike other hosts, I don't talk about the same thing every damn minute. Those Democrats, those horrible democrats. Oh my god, those democrats. I really think there are other things to discuss, Kevin. Don't you think there are other things to discuss? It is a relief as much as when you actually eat brand Yeah, go ahead, now, what's up?
Speaker 6: Well? I was going to com well, first of all, what they did to that supergirl. Yeah, she's not going to make the cons Festival? Okay?
Speaker 5: Is there something wrong with you, Kevin, is there something wrong that I need to know about this? Hyena?
Speaker 6: Laugh?
Speaker 5: I can't continue with this. It's very unprofessional practice. Rehearse call me back. Thank you for the call. E Frank, always one of our favorites. Congratulations, Welcome to the other side of midnight. E Frank with Walter Sterling. Do you have a crush? Do you have a crush? Do you have a crush on any do you have.
Speaker 6: Do you have a right?
Speaker 5: Do you hear me at all? Are you just going to talk? I was asking you a question? Okay, Can I ask the question?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry?
Speaker 5: Do you can I ask the question now? Can I ask the question now? Thank you for the call. Unbelievable. There are all sorts of mental problems. Mental problems, Jay and Cincinnati. Welcome to the other side of midnight, hijay, Hey, Walter.
Speaker 8: Here in the great Midwest, we got a lot of rednecks. It's a shame that Savannah's mom wasn't a redneck. Because you go knock it on their door in the middle of the night, you're probably going to be looking down a barrel of a gun. Is how you'll be greeted.
Speaker 5: I think it would be the same thing in Arizona. I think this was an eighty year old lady living alone, not brandishing a shotgun as she walked through her living room just to hunch.
Speaker 8: Obviously, not a rural lady, not a lady that was raised on the frontier.
Speaker 5: Though. I don't think anybody in Arizona who was raised on the frontier except Native Americans.
Speaker 8: What do you think, Jay, Well, there are people out there, and you know, in the country that know how to greet creed a visitor in the middle of the night, a stranger.
Speaker 5: That's true in Kentucky.
Speaker 8: That's not going to happen down in Kentucky. You're out in the rural Indiana.
Speaker 5: But you but you don't live in Kentucky or rural Indiana. You live in the outskirtch of Cincinnati. You don't live in Cincinnati. You live in a suburb, right, correct, But.
Speaker 8: Just on the other side of the suburb. In Kentucky and India, in Tri State, there's plenty of people that you don't go knocking on their door in the middle of the nine.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: I agree with you, and I think that that would be a level of craziness. Do you have news for us, Jay? Do you have something you'd like to share?
Speaker 8: What a wonderful week out here. We don't have any wildfires. Thank god.
Speaker 6: You're it.
Speaker 5: You're the only place in North America that doesn't have wildfires.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we have too much rain, thank god.
Speaker 5: Thank god. Did you cook barbecue for me?
Speaker 8: Uh no, I'm not a great barbecuer, actually, but we do plenty of brought worst and German food out here. Went to the Carpenter picnic. I had lots of good sweet.
Speaker 5: Corn and corn beef. Do you have corn beef?
Speaker 8: I love that? Yes, euzy Cadets has the best around here.
Speaker 5: Sliman's Okay, Slimans has better.
Speaker 8: Okay, well round here. He's from New York City, is he is? And he's got some good stuff, great pickles too.
Speaker 5: Was he run out of New York City? Is that what the problem was?
Speaker 8: Uh No, he just came out here and got the best corn beef and rubens. Tous rubens are excellent, awesome.
Speaker 5: That's why the Cleveland Clinic exists because it's near the Rubens. Thanks for the call, Jay, You're a good guy. Thank you for calling. Eight hundred and eight four eight nine to two two eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. This is where I'd insert a jingle.
Speaker 6: Become the media.
Speaker 4: I'm call it one hundred and eighty four eight nine to two.
Speaker 5: Two now Edward Jones, Edward Jones, our friend. Now we have made news three times so far this show. Wyatt Sharp had the exclusive interview with the Savannah Guthrie Sheriff. He got that a week ago. A week ago. And then at two am, we're gonna hear from Eddie Arragan who has an exclusive on these what does he call him these font drones? What are the names of these drones he's got. He's got some exotic drone.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: And then you you pointed out that you scooped the New York Times twice on this show. Is that right, Edward?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Well yeah, thanks thanks for having me again. Yeah, it curaged me. The next day we had a one day jump on the Times on a couple of things.
Speaker 5: Now you realize that if you were scooping the Daily News or the New York Post, that would be something to brag about. To scoop the New York Times. Most high school newspapers have done that.
Speaker 6: Well, I guess I'm in good company this.
Speaker 5: You are you're with a learned crowd. Indeed, now, what do you have to report to US today?
Speaker 6: What news do you have? Yeah? Yeah, thanks. The news right now is, you know, Trump keeps talking about the deal, we're close to a deal. I think he's thinking about the US's deal, you know, but Iran is not paying attention to that. They're paying attention to their own deal with their neighbor Oman to control and administer the straight And they've been working on this deal, okay, which is a separate deal with their palasin Oman. And you know they've been doing this for weeks now, for three or four weeks. Well, Trump has been saying we're close to a deal. So that confused me in the beginning, but now I've sorted it out that this deal that Oman is working on is a precursor to Trump's deal and hopefully once they get this worked out amongst the two of them, at Oman and Iran, they'll bring that to the table, you know. And they announced today actually the Foreign Minister, our friend there, mister Arachi, thank you. They're packed with Oman for control and administration demands that the US removed the blood. Listen to this. They say, we demand that the US removed the blockade, they remove all troops from the region. They compensate us for the damage they've caused to our country. They want sanctions relief, they want the frozen assets returned to them, and they want they want to let us know that they're going to impose tolls or fees or something like that. So this is what they have in their mind right now, and we're not close to a deal.
Speaker 5: Right Edward, Isn't this what Iran has always had in mind day from negotiation one? Isn't this their stance from the very beginning. They haven't given in on anything, have they? Or Am I wrong?
Speaker 6: No, You're completely right, Walter, You're right. You know, we've been saying on your show here since March that their strategy for survival, Okay, that's the they want to survive, and they're doing pretty well at it right now. Surviving. Their strategy for surviving is strategic patience. They're just this is the way, not just now, but but for fifty years. This is the way Iran works. They they just delay and right now they're in the middle of that. They're doing a pretty good job at it. Actually, uh And and Trump yesterday said, well, you know, we're locating this thing we're watching with semi semi negotiating. I'm not sure what that means, but Iran did confirm today that messages are passing back and forth through Pakistan and Cotter. We have no direct interface right now with them, and we haven't had it since since actually June, the end of June. But but this is where we are right now now, and you know, the mischief keeps going on that Iran attacked a Yuey ship in the Strait yesterday, and the Houtees went back and attacked the Sauti refinery, the big refinery on the Red Sea, the Jizan refinery. They attacked it again, and they attacked it twice. But what's thing to me right now is that this is very very interesting. You know, both sides are playing this waiting game. And Trump has said, he said Yester or the day before, he said, they've run out of they're running out of money. They're running out of money. Well, that's true, I mean, and inflation there is really hitting the people. Inflation is seventy seven percent up over last year. If you can imagine living in a place where the average monthly salary is one hundred and forty nine dollars in US. Okay, and so Trump I think his back doorf with his fourteen thirteen day counterattack and all of that, and we're quiet there. But I think he's waiting to see them suffer economic pain and that will bring them back to the table. I'm not too sure about that. They again, their goal is survival and they'll they'll take pain to survive, and they're watching Trump delaying his best they can. They've come to almost September now and the midterms are at November, looking at his political situation and who knows what's going to happen, and people say, mean, when is this going to end? I have no idea. I just follow these things and try to report them and try to make sense to them. The last thing I'll say right now, though, Walter, and this is I think really interesting news. The Sauties went to Pakistan and caught her. I'm sorry, Turkey, I take them back. They approached Turkey and Pakistan and and and put out this idea of a of a of a Gulf NATO, if you will, sot of like NATO, a mutual defense pact between these three countries. And they're doing that because you know, they're getting the heck knocked out of them by by Iran with these drone attacks and missile attacks hitting their refineries, in their their oil infrastructure, and they actually were on threatened their neighbors the last week. They said, if the US attacks us again, we're going to attack you in full force all the country, our neighbors and and hit their oil and gas and water infrastructure. So you know, the US is holding off, and the US is also holding off because we've drawn down a lot of our precision guided munitions that we saw. We've got a lot of munitions, but they're not of the high tech kind. We've drawn a lot of those down, and we've drawn down the interceptors, the defense missiles to protect against the Iranian incoming. So this is very very complicated right now. But it's a waiting game. We're in a waiting game. We don't know how longs it's going to take for the Iranian deal with their neighbor Oman over the Strait Administration deal. They have to get approval from the young Khamani, who's who hasn't been heard from since.
Speaker 5: Yes quote, very difficult to communicate with, they say.
Speaker 6: They say that, but I did see some sorts of telegram messages coming out of the Iranian government. Again a friend of Asagi and the president between them and Young Kamani, they say that they've had verbal communication with him. But the structure of their government is really, really crazy. They've got like four or five councils, They've got the IRGC.
Speaker 5: Right, I beg you, you have to stop now, because it's going to get too confusing for me. But I got it, which is they're in the survival game. They're in a waiting game, and we're in the waiting game too. But their terms have never changed since day one, and they do not appear to be capitulating on any of their terms based on how many bombs we drop. No matter how many threats we issue, they're just going to sit there. One of the reasons they're sitting there is a key difference between Iran and most to the Middle East and the United States of America, which is that they do not place the same value on the lives of their citizens that we place on the lives of our citizens. It's an entirely different humanity economy. Edward Jones, thank you very much for being on the other side of Midnight with Walter Sterling at eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two The Other Side of Midnight from the Red Apple Audio Networks.
Speaker 1: The Other Side of Midnight with Walter Sterling. The Other Side of Midnight with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 2: It's the Other Side of Midnight.
Speaker 3: Confessions of a Retired NYPD Detective s Ferrari on the Other Side of Midnight.
Speaker 2: Hey Walter, on tonight's episode of Confessions of a Retired Detective, I'd like to talk a little bit about firearms safety in the police academy. One day a bunch of guys from the outdoor range showed up and they had about three or four guns laid out on a leaf table, and they gave us probably about three to four minutes each to decide which gun to pick that was going to protect us for the rest of our lives. Now, having grown up in the Bronx, I didn't come from a hunting family. I'd never handled a real firearm before. So I grabbed as Mittonwesson and it felt good in my hand, and I said, Okay, we're gonna go with that. A couple of weeks later, they take us out to the outdoor range and we show up with our hosts and they give us a box with our gun in it, and they tell us don't touch that gun until we break for meal. So the whole time they're just drilling into our heads. You don't touch it, you don't touch it, you don't touch it. So they march us out to the range. They tell us to take it out of the box, open it up, put six live rounds in it, and stick it back in your host Don't touch it, okay, So for the rest of the day we're shooting, shooting, shooting. They tell us to put the gun back in the holster with an empty firearm, and they tell us, whatever you do when you go to clean your guns, don't touch it. Don't dry fire it, which means starting to pull the trigger even though there's not around in it, because they don't want an accidental discharge at the range. That's bad for business. So we wind up going into this trailer they tell us, don't touch your guns. Finally they give us the command. We take the guns out, We put them on top of a table, and they tell us to clean our guns. As we're cleaning our guns, all of a sudden, you hear one of the recruits picks up his gun and just starts pulling the trigger. Click click click click click. They almost tackle the guy and threw them into a wall, took his gun away from he almost didn't graduate from the academy. After we qualified with our weapons, we put it back in the box and we didn't see it again up until a day or two before we graduated from the police Academy. On what's called Gun and Shield Day. Gun and Shield Day, they came in. They give us this little menela envol that looked like it was five dollars worth of weed, which had your police badge in it. And then they gave your firearm. You loaded it up, you put it your holster, and they tell you don't touch it again until you get home. And the reason they told us not to touch it again until we got home was the year before. Some of the recruits, after they got their firearms, went under the overpass of the FDR drive and started taking target practice with some pigeons, which they got in trouble. And I don't even think they graduated from the academy. So we're all happy, we're going to graduate in a day or two. I wind up going to the men's room in the police Academy and I see one of my classmates. He's got his gun out of his holster and he's scratched at the top of his head with it. I go, what are you nuts? Then there's another guy in the bathroom and he's standing there like in a prone position like draw and I'm like, I'm not playing this game. These guys were going to get me fired before we even got out of the police Academy. Luckily for me, I was able to graduate and never had any issues with my firearm. But there's always a couple of clowns and screw around and find out war behind the scenes NYPD stories. Be sure to check out my new book, NYPD Behind the Blue Wall of Silence, available on Amazon. I'm retired detective turned out the Vic Ferrari with Walter Sterling on the other side of midnight.
Speaker 7: Here comes Honey Boo Boo. Star Pumpkin is joining OnlyFans. The twenty six year old wrote on Instagram March eleventh, I just joined the Blue Spicy app. First twenty people get ten percent off the first month along with her Venmo Pumpkins bio and OnlyFans reads come enjoy the spicy side of me. I do take special requests. The reality star told TMZ she was inspired to do content after watching friends make pretty good money. The world has seen's an ass from everyone, and she got the seal of approval from her boyfriend Darren Kitchens, who she's been dating since September of twenty twenty four. As for MoMA June's reaction, she told the outlet that it's simply not something she would do herself. Pumpkin, whose real name is Lauren Effert, shares kids Ella Bentley and twins Silas and Stella with her strange husband Josh Effort. Moving on with Darren, who's Josh's cousin by marriage, Pumpkins said in a preview clip for the premiere of Mama June from Not to Hot, Mamma Pee is officially in her Happy Life era.
Speaker 5: Well there you go, Walter Sterling. I know you wanted the Honey Booboo update, and I'll provide all of those updates for you constantly. This is the other side of Midnight from the Red Apple Audio Networks. What do you want me to do? Well, then go like that. No, you put it together, you put the taffit you you gotta stretch. What have I got?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Eddie Ragan, who's insane from New Mexico,