Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal and encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot Untold Radio network dot com today.
Speaker 2: Now, what are your reporting? I got a screen going on here. Something just kid with my dog. Something to kill your dog? My dog. We're flying through there, over the tree. I don't know how it did it? Okay, damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence, and they would dead once you hit the ground. I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. What are you reporting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was? It enough out here looking. I'm new to the window now and I don't need anything. I don't want to go outside. Its fight. Hello, hit the fuddy out here? What quent On Olter? I thought of a bitch about text for nine? I don't know easy, I'm out, Yeah, I'm walking right, heady.
Speaker 1: I folks on to welcome our guest to the show. It is Troy and Desi from Florida.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show. Troy, Hey, thank you very much. Brian very happy to be here. I am glad to have you. Desi, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me. Brian.
Speaker 1: I am glad to have you both. Since there's two of you guys, we're gonna switch it up here. I'm going to start with Troy and ask the million dollar question I ask everybody I bring on the show, what in the world got you interested in the subject of sasquatch?
Speaker 3: To begin with, Wow, that's always a great question, Brian. I was a hunter for jeez, since I was a child. I grew up on a farm up in Connecticut, hunted all my life. Moved to Florida. He's about thirty years ago, my sixties now. Never really had any interest in bigfoot sasquatch. I heard of it, thought of it. Never any interest, however, down here in Florida, as I was hunting in this one area, especially in twenty sixteen, that's when all started. I was out there in the woods a lot, I'd say at least twice a week in this one area. I was scouting, setting up blinds, and putting up my tree stands. When hunting season started, I would sit in a tree stand, I'd get this really weird howl sound off to the northwest of where my tree stand was located. I couldn't figure it out. I would rotate my stands. I sat in another stand, same general area. I heard a grunt growl. It was a grunt that turned right into a growl. So all these little weird things were happening. Didn't know what they were. I was coming in again to my tree stand behind me, I'd say, maybe I don't know. Let's say one hundred and ten feet. I hear this huge thought boom and there was a two steps, and I'm thinking, why would a hunter drop down out of his tree stand behind me? I was looking. I didn't see anything after that, didn't hear anything, But all these little things added up. Then I went to the first big conference down in Florida. It was at the RP Funding Center. I ran into a group, I started talking to them. Then we went out doing this stuff. We didn't have an experience in finding tracks, and DESI did, and that kind of kicked it all off for me. I've been full in since then, basically given up hunting. This is what I do now. It's intense. It definitely sounds like it.
Speaker 1: Desi, I want to ask you the same question, what got you interested in the subject.
Speaker 4: To begin with a little bit different than Troy's experience Because being an avid hunter, an outdoorsman, he had that opportunity to be shook by something that didn't really add up or makes sense. I'm originally from western Pennsylvania. I grew up in the eighties and nineties, and we spent a lot of time out in the woods. Of course, we were able to unplug. You weren't connected to sulphones or social media, and time outside with everything to me, my friends, my family. But nothing like that ever occurred that made me give what's going on. I grew up in a family that was very open minded to things that may not be common or what we believed to be average, everyday normal sayings. I had a grandfather on my mom's side the family, a Polish grandfather who raised us on folklore. So he would tell his stories about ghosts, to see creatures, this assquatch, and aliens. He had theories that I'm quite sure if there's a linkage between aliens and Bigfoot, and you're just trying to process one first the next, nevertheless combine them. Always just had that interest from such a young age and never really left me. The lord mystery behind those things that are not just common every day are really just what drove me forward. And spending as much time as I did growing up in beautiful parts of the Alleghanies, the Lower Highlands near the Chestnut Ridge area up there as well, which there's been a lot of experiences in that side of Pennsylvania that have been well documented and knocking the socks up of many people. It is built into that culture up there, that filling out the community. But nobody, and I mean nobody that was in my age range wanted anything to do with that stuff. That just wasn't something they were interested in. Then, when I had an opportunity to move to Florida, an opportunity to transition down here for work, I just like Troy, saw some of the advertisements for the conference on the news, had a chance to go and meet a lot of people really quick at the very first conference and everyone after that. You just see how much bigger and bigger the community gets. A lot of people come into it with their own kind of idea of what they believe this may be, but there's a lot of disagreement and discernment between those theories. So you're looking for people that you'd share common interest with, that you could agree most importantly, you get along with, right So when try and I met. It was one of those moments where you felt like you already knew each other, so the conversation was very fluent. It was probably a week or two later we ended up going out and we have been triggered around since. Stars kind of aligned with our relationship and our partnership. The things we've experienced together, I can't imagine doing it with anyone else. Who've been very blessed.
Speaker 1: Let's get into those experiences. I'll throw it back to you, Troy. Obviously you were a hunter. You had these experiences while you're out hunting. Bigfoot wasn't really on your radar at that point. But once it got to be on your radar, you went to this conference, you met people like Daisy. You guys start going out doing your thing. When did you start having experiences when you went out looking for these things? Was it automatic the first time you went out? Did it take a while to get into an area. Let's talk about where you guys were going, what you were doing, and what you were experiencing.
Speaker 3: Good question. Me and Desi hooked up. We went out to the Green Swamp. It was really weird because, like Desi said, we connected real fast. She calls me on a Thursday night. She says, hey, I've got tomorrow off. What do you want to do. I says, hey, yeah, I can go out. So we went out early in the morning. I think we met around at four thirty. I think it was might have been four o'clock because once we got there, we got our stuff together. This was really the first time me and her went alone. We get out of the car, get all our stuff together, we start down this dirt road. Being a hunter, I'm telling you, you just don't listen as closely as you should for those odd sounds. You just don't. I blew off so much stuff in the past, and when I started having those experiences, I started thinking back and go, wait a minute, there was something I think paralleling me in the woods when I was hunting down at Bull Creek. So we're in the green swamp and we're going through the trail the path. There there's this whistle and I blew it off as being maybe a bug or frog something, it's nothing important. And Desi says to me, hey, that sounds like a human whistle, and I'm like, no, I don't think so, I don't think it's anything. We keep on going down. Then the whistle comes again, and I go, wait a minute. I think she's right, because now I'm starting to listen closer. We continue down. We listen for a little bit. We continue down. Now the whistle happens again, but it has moved. It was toward northeast and then it moved to the north. Now it's paralleling us. At that point we stopped. I broke out my night vision, which is an old Gen one night vision. We don't have the equipment that we have today. Back then, I wish we did the thermals and ill at night vision. So I'm looking and I don't see anything. We waited there for me about five minutes, trying to see if we could see anything. But wistles had stopped, so they moved from the north east north again. Now they're paralleling us. We continue down the road again. We hear another whistle, again parallel with us. We continue further. We hear another whistle, and this is the critical part. I hear a whistle, She hears the whistle. We hear a crack. Something stepped on something that broke it and it was of heavy weight. So now it's still dark. There's an owl, often of distance you can barely hear them. There's no other noises. Might have been a whipper, will I think it is, And DESI says to me, Troy, what's this? And I turn around on the ground. She's illuminating with her green head lamp a footprint six and a half inches long by three and a half inches wide. Obviously it would have to be talking bigfoot juvenile. But if you take that measurement and you measure your grandchild's feet, guess what. They're six inches long, four years old, six inches long by about two inches wide. And there's no other tracks. So now we've got a small child's footprint in the dirt. There's no other footprint around, no other human tracks, no other animal tracks, nothing, And we end up finding nineteen of them. But at that moment, that whistle that had parallel us continued going west, So that really knocked my socks off. It took me about three four days to really process that, to really think, holy cow, this might be the real deal. This is something important. And after that one hundred percent in granted, until I see it, I won't be one hundred percent yes they exist, So I call myself eighty five percent until I see it, then we'll be there.
Speaker 1: Daisy, I want to talk to you about what you were thinking, what was going through your brain when you guys are hearing these whistles and it's moving around, Because I tell you, what you're describing sounds almost identical to what I experienced last summer when I had my three sidings in two days out in the Pacific Northwest in Washington State. We were getting these whistles. That's initially what drew our attention to the areas that we ended up looking and finding these creatures in Again, Deasy, I want to throw it to you and talk a little bit about what you were feeling in the moment when you guys are walking out there in the dark, you're hearing what sounds like a human whistle. Then you look down and see this footprint.
Speaker 4: When the whistles started, which were honestly the timing of it all surely after we hit the trail is when we heard the first whistle. In that first moment me thinking it was a human, there is that level of fear regarding our safety. Then real quick you're running through things in your mind of what that could be. Then also stepping back and thinking okay, we're the only cars at the trail head. It is four thirty five am on a Friday morning, meaning that people probably are not up yet or it's a workday, so this area should not be very heavily trafficked. If that is the case, then they probably know that, so they may be passing through. I'm thinking first and foremost the safety piece event. But then it just clicks right in. With all your readings, all your podcasts, listening all the documentaries you watch, you know that there's a good handful of both say, main pieces of possible evidence that could link to these beings. So it hits you, and then it continues and you're thinking, Wow, this Wiley sounds like a text scenario of right time, great place for us, wrong time, wrong place for them. Right, so they're probably signaling to something, But of course it's still a lot to keep in mind, not knowing that that's exactly what's going to happen to you. Not even five minutes into getting on the trail, when we got to the point of identifying the track, we use the green headlamp a lot aforda looking at certain types of substrates, and myself specifically, I like to keep it down by my waist or buy my legs. It's just easier to see a lot of times when we go out, I'm looking down at the ground, he's looking forward with whatever tech we're using at that time, or behind us, just so we don't miss anything. But you do. You miss times. There's no way you can capture all of this if there's something there. But I could not believe it, honestly. We have our audio, of course, recording the surprise in our voice and the questioning of what are we looking at right now, which is very authentic because it was mind blowing. Like I said, if you've done your research and you're really into this type of field, this seems way too good to be true. The only other thing is if you want to have a sighting and you want that experience, that is the top notch, right, that's the Holy Girl. This was as close as I think we could get to it besides from the sighting. So trying to connect those stops and in a way with somebody that's possible eighty five percent believer now to relate that to him and also honor his beliefs at the same time.
Speaker 1: Tune for more sasquatch out to sea. We're right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: Because maybe you have a chance to learn more about us through this or other outlets. We compliment each other. It's like a whole brain between the both of us, which is why it worked so well together. But when we saw that track and we heard the last crack break, something heavy hitting in the ground and it continue off, I really didn't know what we were supposed to do. Then do we stop?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: Do we document? Do we follow those whistles? We follow that commotion. It is quiet until you start hearing some of this morning birds come up, and then the sun slowly starts rising. Before we knew it, Brian, the sun was starting to come up. We slowly saw everything through the green light disappear because the sun was taking it away from that trail. It just would have been impossible to see during the daylight if you didn't know it was already there. So much is going through your mind trying to figure out what is the best next step, because if you're not in that position or you happy Bee rehearsed it, which we've learned a lot from that moment what we could do better right and leaned on some great resources in the process. You never can be too prepared. So a lot of things happened from that moment forward, but we took that experience and documented everything we could find. It was like six to seven hours worth of documentation over a very short amount of square footage. But we were just hitting the trail heard for lack of better terms, to make sure we didn't miss anything. Should we have tasted along the tree line, we'd never catch up to it. We'd have to go through a palmetto field, which would have been a bear trying to get through there without thawing in holes getting injured. Even though it was over three years ago this past April, everything is still so vivid of what happened that morning, both auditory and visually.
Speaker 3: KNY. One more thing, very important point that I forgot to put in there is that the tracks that we found, they were heading east on that trail. They stopped, turned around and started heading back west. So what we think was our theory is that the whistles were warning to the little ones that were out on the road out on that trail, playing around or whatever they are doing, that listen, we've got some issues going on, or there's people here. And they turned around and went back, now my experience with hunting, I've seen the bobcats do it. I've seen red fox do it. What they'll do is the fox will come up, they'll do a little growl, and the little ones will head off back into the woods some previous location. Same with a bobcat. They'll make that little growl, they'll head off. So we were suspecting the same thing happened here.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you said that, because if that's where I was about to go with my questioning, I was going to throw it back to you and ask you this. This is one of these things that has baffled me about these creatures, because, as I said, we had a very similar experience with the whistling when we were out in the Pacific Northwest last summer. Had these things not brought our attention to them by making these noises, these sounds, these whistles, we would have never known they were there. And this happened so many times, and so many of these encounters. It'll huff, it'll growl, it will bring something to the table that brings attention to these creatures. It has always fascinated me that they are the hide and seek champions that's the joke, that's the T shirt. Everybody's seen it on a bumper sticker. Yet, in order for most people to have their experiences where they actually get to see these creatures, they put themselves in positions or in situations where it's unavoidable. Have you given any thought to that? I think you've already answered the question about what you think happened, But was that your immediate go to? Did you have that moment where you said, why in the hell were these things whistling? Because we would have never known they were around if they weren't making these noises. Did that go through your mind or did you just automatically go to I've seen that with other animals, and I think this is what they're doing.
Speaker 3: So what happened with me is that as we are going through this whole process, hearing the sounds and finding the tracks, putting all the evidence together at the end, it just came into a theory. Of course you want to throw in the animal behavior because you would do it, you'd whistle what typically I have seen and you look at most of this evidence that you see what typically happens when you do see this a sasquatch, either a juvenile or a young one has made a mistake, is out there goofing around, and then the adult has to jump in and do something, make the whistles, they show itself to correct it, to save that little one, or possibly if they're feeding, if they're starving, they've got to go out. They have to get out there and do something, or they just make a basic mistake. Their mind's not there. I've seen that in animals, and it's rare. You take a buck, a swamp buck, they're going to get into the deepest area, the most isolated area, and they'll try to stay within that area for a long time. And you can tell by the antlers, especially, don't old buck. The antlers are dark, and the reason they're dark is that the sun doesn't hit them and bleach it out. So the younger ones, you'll see, they're more bleached because they're out there and they're hunting around. The swamp bucks are staying deep inside the shadows, so they're going to be making mistakes and that's when you're going to catch them. It's going to be a young one's food. Maybe mating season. We don't know anything about their mating habits yet, but that could be a possibility as well.
Speaker 1: Does the same question for you, Have you given thought to what was going on with the whistles? Why they do these things that make it impossible not to see them or experience them.
Speaker 4: That's another great question what Troy said about the animal behavior, Like, that's really what we're trying to identify, right, so we can predict what may happen at a certain location based on maybe experiences or frequency, or just the perfect combination of different data. I think there were two things that probably went through. Remind at the time we started hearing the whistles, were the whistles drawing attention, so we went towards and not continued. Now, if we both had not that those were authentic, we still don't know. But we feel pretty darn good that they were sasquatched whistles because of the other things that followed then the other audio experience. But if we were on the same page of that moment, knowing the two of us, we were gone that direction. We were gone into the brush to see to figure out what that was. But there was hesitation because we obviously weren't sure. We're still trying to. We're learned who we are in the dynamics of each other and then stuff this deep right when it's dark and relying on minimal light to not cause attention to yourself. It's tough to get through that area and very easily to get lost once you're in there because it's so back, so possibly getting us obviously paying attention to them and not what's lying ahead. But we ignore it, and then they keep doing it as a signal of hey, I'm here, come towards me, or little ones get going off the trail turn around. But the transition and mark that Troy mentioned that is vital because it literally was active steps this way in like a mark like where you saw something turn scuffed in that substrate going the other way like a quick U turn. We don't often see that type of mark on that trail to begin with. People weren't scuffing their boots, dragging anything. Bike tires are another thing, but you'd see tread in it. It wasn't that type of stuff. A lot of that going on at the same time. Plus this was right after hunting season ended that time. It is also important because now they are aware of who the possible enemies are our douring hunting season. You've got us often wearing camo because we try to be as stealth as possible. Right, So you've got these ideas either go in stealth and see if you can find something, or go in and make noise and see if they get curious and confind you, or look for you. So we're trying to be as quiet as possible and as inconspicuous as possible. But hunting ends. So why are there people out there and camel at this time? Right? There should be nobody out here that is wanting to find us or not to find them, find their pray. Right, we're taking their animals away from them. So all those factors come into plane and it literally paints its still of the story and you can just see it step by step. We still have so much to learn, Right, this isolated incident maybe not common for other people that hear whistles. It could have been something else that happened. We've heard other whistles and not heard anything else on other occasions, and we try to track those whistles and then they move so fast, but it's not making sense. The whistle moves too fast for us to keep up with it. If it is indeed fact the sasquatch whistle. So yeah, I think you pull in maybe the animal behavior, the human behavior, somebody protecting their loved ones. Now, if we got up there had no tracks and we ignored those whistles, we won't be having this conversation today because you probably want to talk voice about it. But the elements of how that sound is, just like the one of the three of us doing a classic whistle, was too common to deny. When you're a moment and you hear no birds and you hear no bugs, that's an odd filling as well, because you should be hearing something out there, anything out there, and what it's zach quiet and you're just hearing those noises. There's more to it as well.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, I see it all the time.
Speaker 1: It's got to be about the totality of the circumstances, one or two things happening independent of all the other stuff. Eh, you can chalk it up to whatever. But there's so much stuff that's happened to me over the years that I've now had experiences, and I look back very much like you were saying earlier, Troy, you let so much stuff go because you weren't thinking about bigfoot. You weren't thinking about this. Again, it could have been something perfectly natural. But when you look back in retrospect, knowing what you know now hindsight's twenty twenty, it may have been more.
Speaker 3: To that situation. I know.
Speaker 1: That's not the only experiences you guys have had. Who wants to talk about what happened to you next?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: We've also had very heavy breathing. You'll hear the sound of the intake of the air and the exhale. We've had several encounters with that. One time at night when it happened, we hear this going on. We're sitting there going, what the heck is this? Had no clue. Again, I had my old jen I didn't upgrade as of yet. I turned on that IR light stopped. Now I was using the eight forty illuminator on that thing. So the eight forty has that little red illumination that you can see. Our eyes can see, maybe their eyes can see even the nine forty we don't know yet. But it stopped, absolutely stopped and didn't start up again. That was bizarre. It was interesting because the IR light whatever did they saw it and they'd stopped. Now, Deisy thought that was really close to us. I thought it was like, I don't know, maybe seventy five to one hundred yards away, but she thought it was right there. She urged me at that point to pull my firearm and be ready because it sounded it was that close. I'm like, no, it's far enough away, being goofy or not paying attention. But I was into the moment and it was wild. Now we've also heard that again in another location. This time though along with it we heard breaking a brush with it again. It started. Matter of fact, we were sitting there and we were just having a casual conversation relatively open area across an older path into some very thick growth in that side. That's where we heard the heavy breathing. The breaking of the brush was going on. That stopped us. I went down the road a little bit to see if I could see it. Didn't see it. It stopped. It's so frustrating because it's right there and you don't see it. We really want to get eyes on this. We've got whistles and more it des can tell you more about this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, both of those experience with the heavy breathing. The first experience with that one was like two weeks after we came across the morning of the tracks, so the timing was very close to our first experience with interesting audio and interesting footprints. That one really did scary. I remember dropping my recorder, tramping on my recorder. You'll hear people say it reverberates you. It did not do that. I want to clarify, but my heart had been going so fast that it felt like it was in my throat. Just the whole experience was very scary, especially hearing something which I did so was very close to us. The air even felt like something was close to us. Thinking we may get attacked at this point, I'm not thinking sasquatch. I'm thinking animal. I'm thinking something is going to attack us that way. I didn't happen to my head that it was sasquatch. It was more of a fight or flight moment. The second occasion was during the day twelve one in the afternoon. That was the second thing Troy just mentioned. Before we got to this location where we started just having a heart to heart, having some water to take a break, I had made a call. I've never done a call during the day, and I thought what to heck, I'll just make a call. Let's do a call, because I love reviewing audio. I love having the opportunity to look at it and see if I can identify anything that seems to be an outlier of what we usually see or hear. It had to be. With send fifteen twenty seconds, we get two of these really long howl calls that immediately follow from a pack of coyotes. Really allowed chatter read coyotes. So the first and second calls may have been the coyotes, but they were uniquely different than the pack coming together at calling. So either I woke the coyotes up with that call or they were two different possible species. Even comparing those first two long calls, we haven't heard that since in coyotes we usually hear a similar pattern and they're ad but they do have how many different noises that they make, so it could have been that. But the point making with this is this all happened on that second time with the heavy breathing. It all happened on the same day with coyotes going off, us hearing the movement through the trees, us thinking once again, is that an animal? Is that a predator or a danger? What an interesting point with That is when he started walking up to see if you could identify what was coming through the tree line. He said, does pull your bear mace? He said, take the clip off. I got it out. He started walking up with his hand done. As soon as I pulled the clip off the bear mace, everything stopped. No more motion, no more heavy breathing. Everything just stopped. He started comparing those notes. Okay, if it was an animal and they thought somebody had a gun and we were the predators, would they stop? Okay, yep, that would make sense.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see we're right back after the east messages.
Speaker 4: Or would they be more intelligent another being or whatever. How would they've reacted to that? Would they have stood still and not moved, or other animals would have tried to spurry away? While that goes through your minds as well. So those were of all the day experiences, and we don't usually have very many day experiences. Most of our stuff happens very late at night for very early in the morning. That was probably one of the more unique with the sounds and the movement, and then of course the heavy breathing. We've had things at dusk whistles again that we're trying to track and we think we're making progress out of nowhere. Mother features send you a pop up storm and you get completely rained out. When you look at the radar under a tarp under a big oak tree and you see the radars literally just right over to coop with the two of you, it was like a it may not be your time then to find whatever that noise is coming from. We've had some of those interesting whistles as well. More recently we've had tree knocks, pretty prominent tree knocks, and this was three four in the morning. We do a lot of things surrounding, like it said, the night or the early morning outings. And if we do a night outing, we're staying over. It's a tarp above you, maybe a tarp below ya, couple camping chairs and all of your equipment. You're just hosted up there waiting to see what the night life brings you. Often those are the most productive and fruitful. We've had trees fall, Brian. We know, like trees fall all the time, it's odd or rare that people hear them fall. We've had a lot of trees falled very close to us. More than we can count, so that maybe based on the amount of times we're out there, we do the data and the percentage is reasonable. Hearing trees fall, very big trees fall around you once the head scratcher as well. We possibly caught a say that very strongly on Ohio how a couple of weekends ago, way in the distance. When you're dissecting that audio again, if you heard it live and then you go back and listen again, you're just trying to piece out all together to see what's what. But that was another interesting that I heard a lot of calls that we couldn't define. At some point we thought we heard people talking. The errors are remote, but it's not as remote as when you're in the Pacific Northwest like it is Florida. We've had a lot, but we just have not had that visual.
Speaker 1: It's interesting you bring up the trees falling because I've had weird situations here on our property in North Carolina where I have captured them on audio very close to the audio recorder. I have searched high and low, and I cannot find the tree that I recorded falling clearly on the audio. And what sounds like I think I hear what sounds like bipedal footsteps on the audio as well. I can't confirm that. All I confirm is it's definitely the sound of a tree coming down. If you do this long enough and you talk to enough people and you ask the right questions. In general, you can ask tons of people who go out in the woods. We live in the woods, so it happens more often for us because we're here twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, three hundred and sixty five days a year in the middle of nowhere in the woods, we hear trees falling. But you can ask people. If you ask the average person who considers themselves a hiker or outdoors person, whatever, how many times they've actually heard a tree fall in the forest, I guarantee you the number is going to be much lower than you think it would be. That in and of itself doesn't mean a lot. But when you're having these experiences where you guys are going out ten times, and maybe two of those times you're hearing trees fall close to you in the middle of the night, that to me is important data. I wouldn't dismiss that so much out of hand. You guys are anybody else listening because I think there may be something to it's what I'm saying. I know you may not have had a siding, but don't you believe at some point in time you might have caught a glimpse of one of these things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, reflect back on various different experiences, it's hard to process that and hard to I don't even know say it out loud, just because I don't want to mislead anybody, and I don't want people to think it's so easy going out there just to see and piece it all together. So it's hard to I don't know sure that those experiences, but I definitely think that there's moments there was more to what was going on. It's maybe a glimpse of something real quick. You kind of wonder, is it like your third eye? Is it something you're hoping that's part of this experience you're going through that kind of make it even brighter than it was before. But nothing definitive to say that's exactly what I saw now. Emotions and ceilings. I know it's hard. You can't tie emotions and feelings into scientific research. I get that, but the more you go out there and do this, the more you get connected to every form of nature that you do notice the subtle differences, like we've been filtering through this or streaming through this conversation. You get way more comfortable when you establish that comfort and that connectivity to nature. I feel you're more apt to have an experience and see something because you've developed yourself into that person that really wants to be somebody that has that and can share and help others through whatever those moments were for those that have had experiences, but also help whatever the world's going to do when and if this creature, this life form, whatever it may be, is discovered, be protective and it's going to probably rewrite our history. So there's a lot more to it when you think back of it. So I don't want to disclose more than I should, but definitely I think there's been moments where you feel that it's there. It's just did you see what you thought you saw?
Speaker 3: Jory.
Speaker 1: I want to kick it back to you for a second. And this is one of these questions that comes up often on the show because there are camps in this There's the Flesh and Blood camp, there's the WU camp, the high strangeness.
Speaker 3: Everybody has their approach to this.
Speaker 1: I've made no qualms about it. Everybody who knows me and listens to this show knows where I am on that. But my feelings about that has changed based on my own experiences. I am a very flesh and blood scientific approach to the subject. But when you do have strange experiences in relation with these sightings or in relation to experiences with these creatures, I don't really know what box to put that in, or if there is a box to put it in. Frankly, glowing eyes, some of the weirder super natural superabilities that these creatures seem to have. Where do you fall on that spectrum. I'm certainly not asking you to plan a flag here by any means, but I'm curious about your approach to this. Obviously, it's a very scientific method type approach that it seems that you are taking in the woods. But are you open to these other weirder, stranger, high strangeness sort of experiences and where does that fall on your radar when you're doing this type of research.
Speaker 3: I like the question because I was an engineer most of my life. Getting into this really had to break me out of some of that be a little bit more open minded. Now, I am a flesh and blood guy. If you really want to nail it all down, We've got a couple videos PG Film, Freeman Film. We one hundred percent sure they are the real deal. They're the best we've got, so I accept them. The other things that we have, our footprints. Footprints are left, they're solid. There's something that has been left behind by something, whether it's a hoax or whether it's the real animal, that's what we've got. It's up to us to make sure that we do our due diligence on that track, to make sure that it is not a hoax. That we've got the real dealsplayed toes. That's not always the case, right, Sometimes they're not splayed, but there's certain telltale signs that you can look on their movements up to toes, the shape of the heels, the mid tarsl some of the other things as well. Then again, most of this stuff is theory. So once we get into maybe I don't want to say paranormal, but some odd things, it's still evidence. So I put that in a box over here, and if I get enough, if I get enough evidence that goes into that box, I have to look at that box there's no question. There's no question being a scientist or an engineer. If you've got evidence and don't know where to put it, but it's there, you have to look at it. You can't deny it. So yes, I'm flesh and blood. I believe in hardcore evidence. However, if there is a trend, and it might be paranormal or whatever, it's still a trend that needs to be looked at. So that's where I land. Some people are much better at that than I am, a lot better. I try to stick to what I'm good at that. I would probably go out to other resources if I do have trends or evidence along that line, and pull on them to help me identify what I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: Does the same question for you? Where are you on the high strangeness and.
Speaker 5: The wu Having grown up the way I did with just that open minded look at life, thinking of other things that are maybe unworldly per se that we don't see on a daily basis, I definitely don't close any.
Speaker 4: Of those doors off, because we've had things odd happen to us out there in the woods as well that we can't explain that sometimes make it even scarier than the things you are hoping you can explain. But when it comes down to what is going to get the attention and what is going to be able to be analyzed and studied, it's going to be the stuff in black and white. I think if this life form we'll call it, is some in the mix of all of this, all these oddities slipping in and out of possible different worlds, if there's truly something unbelievable that it's there one moment and gone the next, how are we ever going to prove somebody like that. It just seems so unrealistic, right if you put all your efforts in that area, I just don't see how that kid lead to something proving it exists, because it just seems like you don't even have a method for that. It's come a long way with that type of the blue or hide strangeness piece of things, but there's really no way we're going to be proving anything like that. Lists We have work we're doing with physics and things like that, but the scientific piece of that makes it just more credible, easier to document, and we just have more of that type of information that we can share and collaborate with others across the country. Of not the world, but those oddities they are, they could be something completely different, like for us to think that we're the only things that exist, the who we're talking about, like, we'll have to believe in something that's a little bit more what doesn't meet the eye, right. I take everything into consideration, but we know how far that's going to get this field based on what we've seen so far. Now, if the field is going to take a shift and you've got, like you're saying, these three defined unique approaches, I'd like to see how some of the others stacks up that I've not seen anything that can really hold as credible when it comes to the high strangers or the weirdness or whose side of things.
Speaker 1: Let me go back to you, Troy on some of the evidence that we've talked about. You mentioned the Framan footage. You mentioned footprint. I have gone through this myself. I've cast probably six or seven individual feet and or pairs of footprints on and around our property here in North Carolina over the last four years. I held on to a lot of that evidence for a long time before I put it out there because I was fully aware of the fact that I am the Bigfoot podcast guy who just happens to buy forty acres in the middle of nowhere in North Carolina, and oh now he appears to have bigfoot activity on his property. Winkwink, nod nod. Wow, imagine that.
Speaker 3: Dot com. I'm aware of that.
Speaker 1: So I held on to that for a while because the last set that I cast, I think it was October, a.
Speaker 3: Couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Now they were literally too good in my opinion, perfect beautiful footprints. I was able to cast them both, and I was absolutely stoked to the point I think I told four people right because I knew what people were going to say once I decided to share that, because I've had that happen in the past when I've had evidence out there. Well, here's where I'm going with my long winded segue into this. Once I put those out publicly, the first thing people said to me was have they been verified as sasquatch footprints? And my answer, because I'm smart ass, was oh, where does one go for a verification on an unknown, unproven, undocumented creature that's not supposed to exist? Where does one do that verification? I knew what they were talking about. Two names immediately has Jeff Meldrum or Cliff Brickman examined these footprints. No, they haven't, but I mailed them to Cliff. He was in the process of doing that. Whatever Cliff has Jeff's going to look at. I've even posted it on my social media.
Speaker 3: Cliff did this.
Speaker 1: Really cool three D model of the footprints the cast that I sent him. He texted it to me. I was stoked to see it. He sent that to Jeff. Jeff's looked at him. They both think they're legitimate Sasquatch footprints. Okay, now what it's been verified. I've seen a trend with evidence, and I'll be honest with you. Since I had my experiences last summer. I got to see these things three times in two days. Wow, I know they're real. I'm one hundred percent all in. I was ten feet away from this creature. I know what I saw, so I don't really care about evidence anymore. I know that sounds horrible. People are like, what do you mean? I do because I like seeing it. I love very much like Udisi. I am an audio person. I love to listen to audio. I get a ton of audio that people send me. I don't know any more than anybody.
Speaker 3: Else about it. I just think it's cool and I want to listen to it.
Speaker 1: I think we're at this point where people are now using AI. We've done entire shows about this over on that Bigfoot podcast. People are using AI for potential audio, photographs, video, and footprint casts. I've had arguments with people. People looked at me like I was crazy when I said I didn't really give a shit about people looking at my tracks because I was confident that I didn't make them. Nobody else came on my property to make them. I didn't need that for myself, but other people need that validation. And stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages. I'm seeing this trend of people thinking AI is the end all be all to solve all of our problems when it comes to Bigfoot and frankly everything else in the world. But I'm very cautious because I've done my own experiments. I've ran audio from other people through AI programs that I use on a daily basis for the show, creating show notes, visuals, those kind of things. I get a result from AI. But if you alter the prompt just slightly, you'll get a different result. You can tailor this to what you want it to be. Basically, I've had this argument with Steve Coles, the Squatch Detective. Not really an argument. Steve's a friend of mine. We don't really argue, We just disagree sometimes because.
Speaker 3: He uses this a lot.
Speaker 1: I looked at it, like you said earlier about the footprints. What if it doesn't have displayed toes, can it still be a Sasquatch print? What if the heel doesn't look the same as mine, but it could still be a Sasquatch print. I've been out in Missouri. I'm actually doing the Ozark Mountain Bigfoot Conference. I'll be a special guest speaker there and we're doing a camp out after that here in a couple of months out in Missouri, Shane Carpenter at the four hundred, he and Randy Harrington have cast tons of footprints. Guess what they're casting. They started out casting six to seven inch footprints very similar to what you guys found in Florida, with a clear arch to the foot. It's not a mid tarsl break. It is an almost human arch on these feet, and people including Jeff Meldrum have called bullshit basically on some of these footprints or these casts, because they don't meet what is the expectation of what a sasquatch footprint looks like or is supposed to look like. I said all that to say I think we have to be very careful when it comes to evidence and how we evaluate it. There are no experts in bigfoot period. Doctor Jeff Meldrum is an expert in anthropology and foot morphology for bipedal creatures, including apes, hominids, homin ends, but he's not a big foot expert. I love Cliff to death. Cliff as a dear friend of mine. He wrote the forward to my first book. But Cliff is not a big foot expert. And Cliff will be the first person to tell you he's not a big foot expert, because when I was sending my cast, I had a phone conversation with him and I was like, the people are wanting to know what you have to say, and he was like, you know they're real. You knew that were real before you sent them to me. What does it mean if I give you my blessing or if Jeff says they're real? Then what we just know what we already knew collectively. Where are you on the evidence? I guess, Troy is my question for you, how do you feel about the evaluation? Because you could very well go out tomorrow and cast a footprint that you send to Jeff Meldrum and he says, that's bullshit. It's a person's footprint, and you know it's not whether you're collecting it or other people. What is your litmus test the way you approach evaluation of evidence for yourself, Bright, It's.
Speaker 3: Exactly what you said earlier. You have to take the full experience of what had occurred to really identify what the evidence really means. I think what I'm saying is that it's just not a single footprint. Like our experience. We had a footprint. We had nineteen of them, including knuckle tracks, but we also had the whistles. The whistles moved along with us. They continue past us. Once we stopped and we focused on the tracks. We had that break. It wasn't a bird that broke that branch. That was a big old branch. You could hear it. Something stepped on it, and I think it made a mistake. I think it stepped. It wasn't thinking, and it broke that branch when it stepped on it because it was thinking about the little ones. So you take all that evidence together, you have to use all that evidence to come up with what you had. You really do. There's an area that I've gone to many times that I've had whistles in this area, and the whistles will move on me and they'll disappear. There'll be a soft whistle, lout whistle as the whistles will move away from me. Right, So it's not a bird obviously, putting that evidence all together, why does it keep on moving? Why is it disappear for two weeks, three weeks and as we go further deeper into the woods, we hear it again and then it disappears from that area. So that whole scenario it took many weeks and months over that time to develop. Okay, these whistles are moving, they don't come back to where they're originally from. They appear that it's the same or very similar to the whistle that we heard that early morning. So if you look at that evidence as well, we've got a trend there or one hundred set No, but it's still evidence, and we're keeping that. I can't throw it out. I have to use it, and that's what we should all do. But look for trends. Look for that evidence, whether it's crazy or not. Some people say some of this stuff is crazy, right, But if it's a trend, it's a trend. You have to take all that stuff into consideration instead of just throwing it out. And I agree, right, there's no experts in this. I have heard that they will have an arch just like humans. Some of us have flat feet, some of us, as I understand it, they have a mid tarsel. I don't know enough about the foot to be able to say anything about that, but that's what they say, and I just keep that in my mind. When we come upon that, I'm going to reach out to people a foot expert or someone else as a biologist, and we'll talk and try to put all that information together and try to grow it from there. I think that is the best approach.
Speaker 1: The other thing I was gonna say in my diatribe with audio as well, it's the same thing with AI.
Speaker 3: Steve was using AI and I've done this myself.
Speaker 1: I've put audio clips into these AI programs and it comes back it's possibly an unknown ape species, or it's an unknow hominid of some sort. I've done those experiments on my property where I've made the vocalizations. I'll go do pant hoots and other things on my property. Record it, bring it back, put it through. It says the same thing. I, according to some of my AI programs, am an undiscovered primate.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 1: You're having an interview right now according to AI, with an undiscovered primate. That's another reason in my opinion, to be careful in dismissing whole cloth.
Speaker 3: Is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think there needs to be a different approach to evaluating people's evidence because I think we're so quick to throw the baby out with the bathwater if this person says this, or that person says that, or old AI is the end all, be all and says this. I think it's the totality of the circumstances, just like experiences or encounters or whatever you're talking about when you're measuring evidence. So I'm always cautioning people, at least you listen to this show, because most people come at this from I think the right way when they're evaluating evidence. But but it's so difficult as things like technology continue to advance and technology is fantastic. Technology makes my job so much easier than it was just a couple of years ago doing this full time, but it makes mistakes. It's not perfect. You have to have that human element. And I think when people are using AI, and I think that's where this is going to trend to, people are going to pop up an image. Okay, images, if it's created by AI is going to be able to know that immediately, but even audio and certainly putting in models or photographs of potential casts of bigfoot foot prints. AI doesn't know what to do with that. Again, I think you have to fall back on the science of someone who knows the makeup the morphology of a foot, whether it be a primate, whether it be a great ape, whether it be human beings. That's where I'm going. I'm not going to put that into AI and rely on what AI. I say is on the other end, I've said my piece about AI does the same question for you, Where are you on evidence, whether it be what you have gotten yourself, whether it be audio, photos, or you're evaluating other people's evidence. How do you approach that in your research?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm definitely when it comes to the things we've captured. More comfortable with the audio review just because of the software and the system, and just allow myself to dive into that and wanting to learn more on how to use it and make the most use out of it to help us alone, because often if it is just the two of us and we're out there at night or the early morning, we're going to hear things more than we're going to see anything. And I know that type of evidence. There's catalog of audio from all walks of life, right, so we have this main database, similar to what you're saying a little bit ago about the aipiece. There's this main database that we could rely on that you could dump the audio into that's peer reviewed, academic support and has that level of discernment status to it to help us along and see how many pieces of that audio are similar to other pieces caught throughout the country if we did that, because we honestly know that our community can't be that big. You've gotten to how many conferences, Brian's You've hosted conferences, You've spoke at conferences? Troy and I've been to a few down here, We've spoke at one. I've been up the Tennessee's conference. The community is not that big, and I think when they have those type of events, a lot of people just come that are interested in wanting to learn more. They're not actually physically out there doing the research. So we actually identified who is doing the day to day grunt work. Right, you can bring all of this information that they gathered and you learn more about that person, that team that here, and how that stacks up to what other people are doing. I think we would have more productive evidence shown across the border. Then we deal with this Piecemells effect throughout our country at least I know. At the same time, you may have something that, like your case in point, with the footprints you found on your property, there's more to you as an individual because of your history in this field, your occupation, your podcasts, your books. Jory was talking about evidence stacking up and painting that entire picture for that day, or putting that puzzle together a little bit more to complete. Should you have way more credibility that should stack into that verse. Maybe someone that we're not quite sure we know much about. If you get random audio, if you get a random photo or an eboll that says, hey, go check out this area. You gotta know more about that person, especially nowadays more than ever, to see if you feel comfortable and believing what they're sharing with you or telling you what you possibly want to look into. But I think if we narrowed down in our country, if it is the ones that we probably more well known know like the Liptop Project, maybe the NAWAC and we've got some researchers up in the Northeast, we get researches in the Southeast. I'm sure there's research groups in the Midwest and in the West that could actually work together. Setting pride aside. I know this is like a pipe dream or something. Setting pride aside and allowing each other to just come together on some platform where a conference isn't us talking about our experiences only, or us hearing about somebody's expedition in another country, but we actually came and taught each other and shared or work together, I feel things would cross so much more than we ever realized. We've got great resources out there, like the Bigfoot mapping project, but we know a lot of those experiences are pulled from historical data that weren't always captured appropriately. We talk about this all the time. You know, you want to look for a hotspot or a target zone just in Florida. You may find some primary areas, but then you dig in and that doesn't make sense and that's not in that location. That job wasn't done well, and then you have to dismiss it because there's nothing there to use. We possibly have the answer to this. If we combined everybody's efforts that actually are out there doing things and have things to show that could be reputable, we'd be possibly further along than we are now. But there's a lot to it, and everything is subjective. You hear something one time, you read something one time, and then what are we all off to the next best thing? Anii's the next best thing. Let's create funny videos, Let's have some We write our paper for college, the WEE radar resume for us, and then it starts taking over the world. But there's got to be a faulter. There's got to be something that we adopt that garbage. I know academically, there's systems. Professor tosses it a paper, it'll tell you what components of that was driven by AI. Yeah, Brian, I think we'd probably be further along now if we had some more that camaraderie and sharing of resources and trusting each other, but it takes time. Probably most of us rather be in the what's see what we can find. Hope that helped answer it, but like that was a lot.
Speaker 3: Very well said.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest with you, people have reached out to me multiple times over the last couple of years for whatever reason, they were trying to nominate me as the person to bring everybody together, because we've done entire shows on that very subject of Hey, we've got people out doing their thing. You've got the Olympic Project, you've got the NAWAC at Area X, you've got the BFRO. Say what you want about Matt Moneymaker and the BFRO, it.
Speaker 3: Is what it is.
Speaker 1: You've got all of these people doing separate things in other areas. My thing was, hey, why if the problem seems to be at Area X is just having coverage. They go out there in the summer months, they work in teams, they rotate in and out, but they only cover three, four, five, five months, maybe six months. The rest of the time, there's nobody there that's done somewhat by design, so the creatures aren't stressed out, they're not constantly dealing with humans. But here's the problem. There's not been one photo, one video. Now there's tons of audio, and there's a ton of anecdotal stuff coming out of Area X. I've been trying to plan a trip out there for a couple of years. I thought I was gonna get there.
Speaker 3: This year.
Speaker 1: Doesn't look like it's gonna happen, But hopefully I'll get out there next year because of the experience. The anecdotal evidence that's come out of there is, in my opinion, second to none for a long term what somebody would call a habituation or cohabitation situation with these creatures.
Speaker 3: The problem is they.
Speaker 1: Don't have enough boots on the ground to cover it twenty four to seven, three sixty five for maybe a year, two, maybe three. So my thing was, Okay, we have an Area X, we know there's activity there, these creatures are there, we just don't have enough coverage. There's thousands, tens of thousands of BFRO members who go out every single week and do expeditions in different places. You see them all over the place. I don't think there's a state in the Union that doesn't have a BFRO membership, and that doesn't do some sort of bigfoot activity, i e. Expeditions. Why not just collaborate, bring all the BFRO members into Area X. You've got your coverage for three hundred and sixty five days, twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: A day for a year at least maybe two or three.
Speaker 1: But nobody will do that because it's mine. Every time I bring somebody in, something bad happens, or this person doesn't respect this rule so they can't play here. I get it all the time, and I get it. I've had these conversations with Shane Carpenter about the four hundred. He and Randy have invited people out there who screwed them, who ended up bringing people back when they weren't there.
Speaker 3: It was a whole thing.
Speaker 1: So I know that happens, and I think it boils down to when you involve more than one person, you're gonna have these issues. If there's two people, there's two opinions, there's two everything, and that's when the sauce gets ruined.
Speaker 3: So I too wish that.
Speaker 1: Would happen, and I believe wholeheartedly as you eloquently said, Deisi, we would be so much farther along in this journey if everybody would work together. The four horsemen didn't work together, right, They didn't like each other because they all had very different opinions on this subject. It's just human nature, unfortunately, and as long as humans are looking for bigfoot, I think we're going to be stuck on the three yard line where we've been for the last five decades unless something changes, and I don't know that it can. I'm an optimist. My glass is always half full, so I'm hoping that I maybe will happen eventually. I just don't know if I'll ever see it in my lifetime, unfortunately. But you're right, we would be so much farther along if people would work together.
Speaker 3: And I think there's a way to do it.
Speaker 1: I think there would be a way to collaborate and vet the people that would be coming into these areas, and you could work together, let the cat out of the bag, and everybody know the location and all these things. But I get it, I get the secrecy. I was going to open up our property here for guided tours and expeditions at times. We've considered that people have asked for that over the last couple of years since we started having activity here, and I canceled it over the last few months because I've been dealing with some crazy folks in the community, and I don't know that I could vet everybody to come to the place where I live. It's a little different from me because it is where we live, but it's the same principle. I get why some people would want to share their active areas or their hot spots, So.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just one of those things. It keeps me coming back. The conversation is always amazing, just like it has been with you guys. I've had a blast talking to Yell. Thank you for coming on and sharing your experiences.
Speaker 3: Thank you Ryan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, big time go Sasquatch ought to see big fans. They say you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be.
Speaker 3: World up it.
Speaker 1: Joy this chop chart everything back.
Speaker 3: Joy for me. Joy stay right.
Speaker 4: Away side still sat.
Speaker 3: Side and still start said say.
Speaker 4: Sad sad side side stay still say
Speaker 3: Pass then start plays and US state as a fencing fast us PS PSS