Speaker 1: Take my advice. You have to be very careful. If you call out to one of the dead, all of them can hear you.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to fans on Friday.
Speaker 3: This is case.
Speaker 2: Number seven and you will be speaking with Heather Mosure. I did find her story from the Let's Get Freaky podcast, and.
Speaker 4: It's one hell of a story.
Speaker 2: The following is an account of her true paranormal experiences, and without further ado, let's get right into it.
Speaker 4: I've noticed that the older I get and the more that I've experienced, it seems like the more tends to happen, like a gate was opened or something, so to speak. Yeah, but yeah, it's definitely not isolated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you've actually your self experienced stuff, and then you've worked with people or you have friends who have had some crazy encounters and I'm hoping you can kind of share some of those with the listeners tonight. But you're from Ohio.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yes, I live in Minerva, Ohio, which is a small town not too far from kant n Acron or Cleveland, with an hour and a half probably to get to Cleveland from here because of all the back roads.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I am also from the Cleveland area. And I tell people every time, even when I got on the Let's Get Freaky podcasts, He's never been over here, so I kind of had to like describe everything for him. But I was like, there's something going on with like Erri.
Speaker 4: It's creepy.
Speaker 2: There's lots of weird stuff going on. And I know where you're from. In Minerva, they have something called the Minerva Monster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bigfoot, right, So.
Speaker 2: Just for the listeners, I know that there is a film, but can you give the listeners a little bit of your background kind of looking into the Minerva Monster.
Speaker 4: So the Minerva Monster is the story about a bigfoot that surfaced in the nineteen seventies with the Caton family here in Nerva, Ohio. They had repeated visitation from this creature and it brought national news. People showed up from all over the place to see it to hunt it. But it interacted with the family for a prolonged period of time, and actually, from what I understand, they still have on and off situations that occur at their house or in that area because they still live there in the same place. But I actually found out it was probably two or three years ago. Now. I went to a family reunion and a distant cousin. I saw that I had a small town monster's shirt on and it said something to me about, oh I love small town monsters. I like, and I'm like, did you see a nerval monster? And he's like, my family lived the minerval monster. I my mom was a caton And I'm like, wait, what your mom was a caton? So through marriage, I'm related to the catens. But it's through a few like it's it's kind of it's distant, but I'm related to that. I thought.
Speaker 2: It's so it's guilt by association at that point. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I was like, I got to come over and see the place sometime. And we keep talking about it. I text my cousin every couple months just to check in on him and see how he's doing. And we keep saying that, you know, I mean, we don't live that far apart, that we'll get together sometime, but life has not allowed that yet.
Speaker 2: Oh you got a document it, yeah too. So you worked actually while they were making this film, you worked with them, and I'm pretty sure that you said you had experiences while you were filming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I wasn't working with small town Monsters when they made Minerva Monster because they made that that was the first their first film, which there were only like three people involved in the company then back in twenty fifteen. But years later, fast forward, years later where I am involved. I had moved here to Minerva and we started to have activity here on the property and so I had said something to Seth like, you're not gonna believe this, but Seth is the owner for the company. I was like, you're not gonna believe this, but stuff is happening here. And he said, well, let me bring some cameras and see what we can find. And that was the beginning of the Bigfoot project which is on YouTube. And yeah, the stuff that we had happened, especially the first night that he was here, when we had our kids here and everything, it was wild. We could hear them almost like playing with us. At one point at night, it was just Seth and I out with the night vision cameras and we were just walking down the trail from the back cabin and we could hear the wooden ox and things, but you could hear them like running around us. You'd hear one run. We'd turned the camera that way to look like did you hear that, and then we'd hear something behind us, So it sounded like there were multiple, sorry, multiple creatures there, and that was just it was wild. Then one of them threw a rock at us that hit near our feat where we could feel it hit the ground next to us. And that was pretty much the end of me being super excited about it, because I was like, all right, now we're getting a little bit carried away here. But uh yeah, we had stuff like that happen and for a while, like things have calmed down now, there was some pipeline that came in and tore up some of the farm here and things got really quiet then. But prior to that, it was a situation where if you went outside and you wanted to like knock on a on a tree, you would get a return knock Like it was, it was very active.
Speaker 2: I remember you saying you kind of got like a return howel Yes it's been a whistle.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes. So that was before I brought Seth here. That's what kicked everything off was I had a friend here who had flown in from Oregon. It was her first time in Ohio, and we were we had all kinds of weird stuff happened at this old farmhouse, and so we had we were kind of like on this ghost investigation kick at at the time, and we were investigating the house. But then we're like, let's go in the woods and see what we can find. So we went in the woods. We'd set everything up, and we weren't there very long, and she got extremely uncomfortable and she just said, I don't want to be in the woods anymore. I'd like to be out in the field cause the terrain here it is hilly, but it's woods mixed with farm fields. She's like, I don't I I just don't want to be in the woods. She didn't tell me why, she just said she didn't feel comfortable. So we went out in the field a little distance away, a couple hundred feet away from the woods. It wasn't far at all, but far enough to make her happy. And I said, well, this is kind of boring, like this an open field just doesn't seem like a ghost investigation to me. But let's play the Ohio Howe, which was recorded in Columbiana County, which is right next to where we live. Like, let's play this and see, you know they say bigfoots around here, and so I just held my phone up and just cut my hand around it to amplify it a little bit. It wasn't much, but turn the volume up and hit play and we got a return house and immediately I was like, Oh my gosh, this is so exciting. I got pumped about it. She got freaked out about it. Then our other friend, because there were three of us at the time, our other friend that was with us, Travis let out a whistle. He could do that whistle where you put your fingers in your mouth and you whistle really loud. I can't impossible whistle right, And he did that, and we got a whistle back and we could hear movement in the woods. And at that point she freaked out. She was like, you got to take him back to the house, and so we had to bring her back to the house, and then we went back out with I got a bluetooth speaker so I could amplify the sound and we'd play it and we'd play it out in the whistles and we would get returns back. As we did that that night, and so it was the next day that I went to seth and I'm like, hey, stuff is stuff's happening. Here's ramped up. Yeah, and he's like, well, let me come out and see what's going on between him coming out between that happening and him actually coming out, because he didn't get to come out the very next day. It's just the next day. I told him about it. But it had crossed my mind to go check the woods, because when we first moved here, I went out in the woods and I placed like crystals and things around the woods because I thought it'd be cool for the kids to find them someday, like treasure hunting or something. But I went out to check on them to see if anything was different, and one of my crystals was gone, and in its place was a deer vertebrae. And I called Seth and media I picked it up, and I'm like, oh my gosh. I called Seth and I'm like, hey, I think the gifting is happening or something, because there's the crystal's gone and the deer vertebrae's here. And the first thing he said was don't touch it. Don't touch it because it's.
Speaker 2: Too late a necklace out of an asshole, right.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm holding it right now, it's too late for that. I'm sorry, and he's like, ah, man, but uh. I brought that back to the house. And then over the next few weeks the crystals would get moved and stuff, but none of them were taken. But a month later the one that was taken was brought back and put in the same spot, but it was all muddy. It was covered in mud. I picked it up.
Speaker 2: Too significance of not touching it.
Speaker 4: Was he getting test its DNA or test it see if there was hair on it or something. I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, well not crazy, but I mean it would be something if you could get like a bigfoot hair, you know, or yeah.
Speaker 4: Something, Yeah, But I wasn't thinking about evidence gathering at the time. I was just like, oh, this is so cool. So that's how that all started.
Speaker 2: But now let me ask you something, because I've heard the house, you know, the one really famous one that every but he's heard. It's very distinguishable because it doesn't sound like a dog or a coyote or it's it's it's got its own sound. But something I wanted to ask you about that people bring up is a smell and you've never smelled it. Do you think that that could be a component though, because I've heard a lot of people talk about almost like a sulphuric type of smell with these oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah that and like rotting rotting meat or like that dog.
Speaker 2: I've heard that gotten eggs something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I haven't Yeah no, I haven't experienced it. And when Seth was here and they were like running around us, we weren't smelling anything. I think just adding that extra layer of another sense being triggered would have really freaked me out too. But uh no, I haven't personally experienced it, but I have heard that from a lot of people as well, that they've been like either right before they see it, or just because of the proximity that they're in they smell something like that.
Speaker 2: I think one of the best investigation tools that people don't take into consideration is your own body. You know, your five senses, so you can hear it. Maybe you saw it, but did you sense anything, was there like a palpable energy change when you were hearing the howls or even the whistles, or do they feel negative to you or do they feel like anything at all?
Speaker 4: So the first night when we had been out there and we played the howl for the first time and got the whistles and stuff. At one point. This was after we'd dropped my friend back off at the house and we went back without her. We went to the entrance of the woods that we had left, and there was a why enough space that we could fit the gator through it if we wanted to, but we started to inch our way up toward it. When we got close to the entrance of the woods, there was a huge crash, like massive tree brakes that we heard. And when that happened, that felt bad, That felt concerning, like we were definitely not wanted to go into the woods at that point. Other times that I've been out, though, like even when Seth was here, it didn't feel negative. It just felt like they were playing with us. If I were to guess just based on the behavior that was happening, I would have thought that it would have been a younger animal that was messing with us, just having fun, playing with us, intrigued. So I didn't get any negative feelings from that. One thing my friend did tell me later about why she wanted out of the woods so badly is because she said that she was shining around with the flashlight, even though I told her to turn the lashlight off because I'm like, you're gonna see shadows or whatever. You're gonna freak yourself out right, But she said she swore that she saw something peeking from behind a tree.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we're just getting to the good party. Head on over to the Cosmic Peach Patreon and make your reservation to Room two three seven to enjoy the rest of this episode. Not sure how to get there, simply scroll down to the description of this episode and click the link, or go to patreon dot com slash Cosmic Peach Podcast. There is also a Patreon app if you're interested what's in Room two three seven.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks for asking.
Speaker 3: Danny, But a great care taker never reveals their secrets. See for yourself and uncover bonus content, extended versions of episodes, Patreon exclusive ten percent off code for all merch, early access to every single episode, sneak peeks or behind the scenes content, and whatever else I'm in the mood for. There are plenty of amenities to enjoy while you are checked in to Room two three seven. Take a trip up the sidewinder and stay awhile. You can check out any time you'd like, but you can never leave.
Speaker 4: Just kidding.
Speaker 2: Thank you in advance for supporting the show, and I can't wait to see you over there. Eight