Speaker 1: You are listening to Video Games to the Max. Hello, and welcome to another edition of Video Games to the Max. I am your host, Seana Garmer here with me as per usual, Miss Mark Morrison, and if you're on the video version, as you can see, we're going to be talking about selling Hill to remake. Mark's played a little bit of it, so this will definitely be some impressions. I've pre ordered the game, but I got the standard edition and I wouldn't have had time to play it anyway until probably late Tuesday. Thankfully, the hurricane that's probably people know about now Milton is not going to hit us very hard in the Miami area, but it is going to hit another one of our comrades in the relative broadcasting pretty bad. He lives in Tampa where it's going to hit directly. So I've been watching a lot of it and had to go get ready just in case, because at first they look at what was going to but now it's not, thankfully, But because talking about things that looks like we used to know what they're going to be about, and then apparently things are changing. Talking about Halo as last night was the Halo World Championships and they had some big news, so we'll talk about that as well. Menifoori Fantasio's glowing reviews, we'll talk about those, some high jinks going on with Nintendo and more emulator drama with that. Power World's getting a Melbo version. Alien Isolation two is happening to lead into all the spooky season stuff and more. All right, so just quickly here to get this out of the way housekeeping. Whether this is the first time watching or we do, or you've been watching us for a while, we do appreciate you. You can watch us live around this time between like four or five five point thirty at the latest on Mondays is when we do the show live. You can watch it on YouTube, W two network, Twitch, and Facebook, W two network as well. I'll not be bringing back the Twitter, my personal Twitter pretty soon, not sure, haven't decided that on yet, And then you can always watch on demand on YouTube. And I've started making clips of the episodes as well, so we have a few of those already up there. I'm working on more from the last few episodes you've had, so thank you for those that have watched the clips as well. They do help. And you know, of course, showing up on TikTok over there too, so you can just go at Scarman on TikTok. You can find me on there. So yeah, considering the rest of the network, though, anime is kicking off this month, this is the big anime month of course, with the Dragon Ball Dima coming on in cohoots with the Sparking Zero game that is also coming out the same day, October eleventh, and of course other big animies are Dan Dan Dan that's gonna be apparently the next big one that's also coming, so you might want to go. Make sure you go check out a Taco Cafe because they talk about all the new anime each that happens each season, and I'm sure they will be talking about the false stuff fairly soon, if not this week, the next week, so go check them out. The routs and broadcasting people, they are probably going to be doing, if not today tomorrow, the Joker to review, so go make sure you check them out as well. So that being said, make sure you subscribe so you can get all that stuff and then you can go listen on podcasts. Also, if you just like listening with your ears instead of watching, you can find us wherever podcasts are, so that being said, Mark, now you haven't played a lot of it, and you have not, so you have not played Silent Hill to the original.
Speaker 2: Right, I've I played like the Hill one demo you know, back in the day, and demo disks didn't like that. Played sound Health trand PC way back in the day. It didn't like that because it had like really bad game pad support. And I played sound Hill four on PS two and didn't like that because it kind of gave me motion sickness. Okay, so yeah, playing Sondhill too.
Speaker 1: All right, So you and I are both going to have the same perspective of not really having played the game previously. So our first right, you know, initiation with this game is going to be the remake. Y what do you what do you think about it? And compared to I don't know if you've played any of Bluebird Teams other stuff, compared to that, what do you know?
Speaker 2: I think, uh, you know, it seems okay, it looks it looks I don't think it looks great. I think it looks interesting though it's I'm on performance mode, I guess. But okay, some of the looks kind of janky, but I think actually don't mind it like if you assume the camera around you can see the guys like like Jacket has some really weird looking artifact for like a second because like the rain. So yeah, I got to like I hit like the main town, I guess, and I forgot my first flat and it was like a board with some nails in it. Yeah, okay, It's like how does this not break out for like two hits?
Speaker 1: But okay, can you already feel the the psychological horror coming at you? I've no.
Speaker 2: I mean it does have like elements, like it has some like you know, spooky sound effects, I guess, but nothing scary at the moment, at least not yet. My problem really is they don't tell you what to do. Okay, So back to the town and think they gave you a map, which is nice, but it's like, okay, there are direct there are locations marked in this map, like Gonzales Diner. So I went there and it's just like some boarded up diner And I'm like, what why did you make mention of this if you can't get inside you know, side of it. And then like every road was blocked off either by like one road is like had like a big get like a big ditch in it, like part of the sewer blew up or something, and the other other roads have like these like big curtains like blocking it off, and I'm like, hey, you can get through a curtain, like you know, yeah, and b Like I spent ten minutes trying to figure it where the fuck to go because I'm like, I I'm going up to like every house and it's like every house that was abandoned basically, and I'm like, can I go through here? You know what? What's the deal? And I finally found like, oh, there's like one path on like the upper like left part. This is my tooltip for you. By the way, Yeah, there's like a very small alleyway between between two houses you can get through. It actually progress the story. And I was like, okay, cool, but you could have highlighted this a little better, or you know, like it would have been nice to have some direction, Like I guess it's like, yo, if you want the original you know PS two two thousand and one or two thousand and two, whenever that game came out, feeling go go for it, but it's twenty twenty four, y'all. Like people have waypoints or people have it's a more.
Speaker 1: I think that's that's part of it, right, They didn't want to remove that, Like if they give you that from the start, there's gonna be so many people that don't know right that you can turn the waypoints off, right, So there immediately the first thought is gonna be oh man, they they twenty twenty for it. They gamified this. I didn't want that, Like how much how much complain did we get about the yellow paint and red as an evil? Right?
Speaker 2: Look? I mean I would have maybe have an outside default then and then you can turn it off the turn it on in the options, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder if they could technically add something like more lighting.
Speaker 2: Or I'm also playing I also fired up Dead Space to remake a dead Space like Last Man Super Bored uh, and that game has like an actual button that says hey go here, you know, literally like an environment saying hey follow this path. I'm not saying you need something like that direct or that that extreme, but yeah, you could do it like with the camera, like if you press a button, uh, you know, the guy turns to like the next objective or where you know, where you should supposed to be able to go next you know.
Speaker 1: I think part of it is that's supposed to be the thing is like that's supposed to be part of the angst of it. The the making you be a kind of scared is that you don't know where you're going. The fog is there's the kind of des wur you you don't know what's coming around every corner kind of thing, you know.
Speaker 2: But by that metric, I mean I was getting to the point where I just can look up a guide or like look up a video and it's like, well, iry, that breaks emersion even further, you know.
Speaker 1: So I agree with you on that, yeah, because most of them they're going to have to kind of tell you what's coming up ahead in order for you, Right, But I mean, just to get through that one little section and then you can just go back to not using it. I don't think it's that necessarily that big of an immersion breaker. But yeah, from everything I've heard, it's gotten it has a its like eighty eight or eighty nine on open critic and metacritics so far so or eighty seven eighty eight something like that, so right, doing well as far as the critical reception, I think a lot better than a lot of people thought it was going to do, which, Yeah.
Speaker 2: People were kind of down on it, and it's like, well, it ain't out yet.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, there was a lot of talk before it came out about oh mean it looks bad. They're ruining this. Oh they're going to make the combat just like Resident Evil and it's you know, all this stuff. And they for the most part, it seems that they retained most you know, pretty much everything and then just made some parts longer that were kind of cut off oft in the original. So yeah, I'm excited to start playing this either late Tuesday or Wednesday. As we're dealing with the terrain here.
Speaker 2: I don't have I don't obviously don't have the gun, but the like perspective looks a lot like Revenue before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did do it over the shoulder, now yeah, yeah, so that's part of the limitations that back then. I think, right, well, later you're gonna get a pipe that apparently makes things a lot easier.
Speaker 2: Yes, whatever, zombie is afraid of the pipe.
Speaker 1: I like I like hearing the the crunching sound that it makes when you you kill things. That all right, So anything else.
Speaker 2: No, Like I said, play Dead Space played death for like two hours. It's good. It's fine or fun? H I played Mederic Solid one. How's that that game? Parts of that game about age particularly well, Yeah, I mean you can make fun of the graphic, it's all you want. I mean they are kind they were kind of it was impressive back then, but like the you know, cloud had more faithial definition than fucking Snake did, so I'll snaked it back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The problem with that game really to me is like it is real hard to get a bead on when you're gonna choke a guy out. So you know, I'm like a foot away and I do the action, it doesn't work. I have to get like one step further or closer to him, right, If I get two steps on, it was bump into him and then I'll you know, alert then alerted and shoo shoot at me. So it's a real delicate process. And yeah, I got metaphor on the way. But it's like a week out now because my corner got delayed. That's unfortunately I got out such to play.
Speaker 3: So yeah, because you got the Big Collectors, yeah, yep, I got the regular addition, so I'll wait for it.
Speaker 2: Well, given the reviews, I guess it seems worth it now.
Speaker 1: So yeah, for sure owing reviews for this game pretty much. He not that we didn't expect some of that. It is, you know, from the same folks that made the Persona games and then Shimmigan Tennesse Games, and even Vengeance has been well received this year. Persona Thatony Relove was well received this year as well. Obviously both of those are older games, right, But I mean this is like they called it their third pillar, and it seems like it is going to be that. And we talked about the demo, you know, last week. So yeah, if you want our thoughts on you know, what we played from there, you can you continue to out or find a clip on YouTube as well. So I'm ready for that on Friday, just to delve deep, go from where we were and let's see how this goes from there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do, all right.
Speaker 1: So I guess I haven't really I've played. I saw that they finally posted your Astro bart review. I'm almost some of mine. I'm like at the last, like I think right afore the conclusion, just talking about the extra stuff. So I'm probably gonna have it done today. But I replayed Astro astrobot, because the ps AFF does that thing where it removes your pictures if it's been after two weeks. So I had removed all my pictures. So I had to play out some levels and stuff and asked about again to get more pictures to put in the review, and just kind of like refamiliarizing myself with some stuff that I know what he talked about. And then I was like, Okay, just still fun still awesome. Yep, but that's that's it for me. I guess let's go ahead and talk about the big news of the It wasn't like, look, I had I had a different headline to start this this podcast. When I was like going through it on Sunday, like afternoon, like putting up the stuff, I did not think that we were going to be talking about Halo, right, So it's it's just funny that they have the Halo World Championships. And then it's not just the head of World Championships. They have this new whole trailer that they show that's a project that they began to kind of show what whatever the new generation or Halo would look like in Unreal five. You know, they'd already had reports before that they were gonna move Halo to Unreal five, possibly try to start that with Halo Infinite, or at least with the multiplayer part.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They did announce like previously if they'd added third person mode to the multiplayer, right, so kind of led to more rumors about, oh, does that mean the Battle Warrial's coming pretty soon or something. And then we get this which is just three four three essentially saying Okay, we're moving Halo to Unreal five and this is what it looks like. And then they all also revealed at the end that they are no longer called three four to three Industries, they are now officially Halo Studio, which I heard some mixed reception. It's I talked to, you know, our sort of third co host, Randy, and he was like, oh, this is stupid. They're naming it after the game that they technically didn't start. It's like your stepdad coming and taking over something that you made. And I laughed and I was like, but at least this is like he kind of gave the example of what if Konami just decided to make a Metal Gear studio and saying, Okay, now you're in charge of all the metal Gear games. I was like, well, that's not necessarily true, because it's like they took over from Halo four and have made Halo games before. It's not like this is the first one, right, But they do mention in there that they are basically they had a recipe before, which is taking a lot of stuff from the previous games that Bungie obviously became famous with and then adapting that to the current you know, and two kind of varying success, right, Especially Five wasn't well received at all. Halo Infinite was well received for some of it, and Halo four was mixed as well. And then you have that, right, So what do you? I know, you didn't watch the trailer thing that they show, but you're ready, Oh you did?
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, yeah for seven minutes a long sin Who cares? I guess, Randy kind of changing the name doesn't mean a whole lot because the same people are so responsible or in charge, and they can't make a good Halo game.
Speaker 1: I would disagree in the they can't make a profitable and popular Halo game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think Halo four is okay, I guess, but no one cared about five, and Halo Infinite seems like a dumpster fire, right.
Speaker 1: I think the thing with Halo is that four they really just they had to kind of they're now forced to Okay, Bungee ended the cycle, we have to start our own, and they're having to kind of deal with that and change it. And then five they went into a completely other direction nobody wanted and they suffered for that. Six they kind of backtracked and went back to that. Multiplayer was really well received. The story mode was actually like the lot for Halo Infinite. It was just the way that they rolled out the stuff. Afterwards, they gave it the bad press, right the oh we're not going to have the co op, We're not going to have Forge for a long time. Oh then we're just canceling the split screen period.
Speaker 2: Uh finished already, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the battle passes, even though they didn't do it like Fortnite where you have to buy them and they run out or whatever. Oh no, still, we don't like this, you know, this is not what we wanted for the multiplayer. And to be fair, Peer Hints is the one that kind of saved the master Chief collection, and he's the one that's kind of ahead of this right now. So I guess what their whole initiative was to say that we are we now like the chains have been taken off. Not only are we moving over to unreal and we don't have to worry about dealing with an engine that we only made for this thing. Because whenever, originally this is supposed to be like an open world game, it wasn't even supposed to be this right that they wound up being Halo Infinite. Then now they have the ability to kind of like you know, chart their own course, decide what they want to do with Halo from this point forward, chase their own stories, whatever it is, you know, all the I mean technical jargon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say though that's bad because part of the big issue with Halo streak games if people don't like those stories or what they're doing with the characters and stuff like that. So right then you're going like, oh, they got free rein to do Halo the way they want. It's like, well, no, people don't want you know what they want or you know what they're offering. And I did watch it. I said, I watched that trailer. I hated when that art director guy said like, oh, we got this project forge going. So we ideated on three, you know, three levels, And I was like, can't you just say fucking brainstorm or we you know, we created like levels like he said, like the most like pompous way too, Oh my god, Like I wonder if Halo's going down the drange.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they made one that kind of looked like the flood, right, which hasn't been used since Halo three, which.
Speaker 4: Is something that they both did want, right, right, Yeah, it made snow level and then like waterfall level, right, But I don't know, I think they should have really got I mean the problem with three four three, what a lot of people have said is.
Speaker 2: Like they don't like what Bungee did. And there have been some reports like old Bungee people who worked in the first Halo games who like left Bungee and tried to go work at three four three and three four three is like no, because like he worked at Bungie.
Speaker 1: Well remember they even brought in Joseph Stanton to kind of like save it at the last minute, right, So but talk about big time Bungie person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's gone now, right, and you have to wonder how much of his input day for used.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was just for the story. I think it wasn't necessarily for the gameplay aspect of it.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. I mean, they can rebrand as much as they want, but if the same people are in charge, it's just completely hollow.
Speaker 1: It's just well, I think they the thing is that they learned from that mistake, right, They learned from the mistake of we're not going to do this again. There was a lot of pressure of after the delay and after the mess up of showing Craig and that whole trailer and whatever, of we have to get this right. But then also it's like, oh, we can't delay it again. We have to release it now. We have to have this thing. We have to have this big game out in this timeframe or whatever, or it's gonna be a big loss. And you know, even though they have game passed to back them up, they don't necessarily It's not like we're trying to get people to go necessarily spend everything and buy the game like you would have in the past. But I think they learned about like, you gotta release same feature complete, no battle passes if you're gonna do it right. I mean, obviously the way that they release this multiplayer you have to monetize it. You have to include that stuff. It's it's free multiplayer, right, You're not paying for that, So it's a different thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there's two things. Versus it reminds me. I mean you've seen the wire, right, Yeah, it reminds me of like that the conversation that Stringer Bell had with this college professor in like season two. I think like Stringers like asking them like, well, we have I have a bad product, or like, what do you do when you have a bad product able you have and you're losing market share? And the professors like, oh, well you do you do a name change? But then he was like, as the reputation of your brand go as a new name goes down, you know, you're gonna lease me even more market share, and like you know, like trust in the product. Yep, that's this is what they're doing. But here's the other thing is would you what would you rather have? Like, personally, would you rather have a free multiplayer game where they monetize everything or would you rather have a six seventy dollars multiplayer product where they don't monetize shit? Well, I mean.
Speaker 1: Personally, I'd rather have what we used to have, right, WHI Yeah, same thing with Call of Duty where you pay.
Speaker 2: That that's the second one where yeah, you know, six years Halvean do a product has anything, And I think that's what that's what most people want.
Speaker 1: Right well, there's still a lot of people. Remember it's not like free, free to play stuff is not the huge thing right now. I mean, like I get why they did.
Speaker 2: It, but okay, but even I mean I could pull up scheme charts or whatever just for like Halo, I doubt I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure they're not great.
Speaker 2: Right, but you know, compare that to Halo three or Halo you know ods t r reach, like come on, right.
Speaker 1: But I think like it's the whole point if they understand now what they can't do, what they can do, what they need to make sure is in the next Halo. Uh. They did the announce that there's multiple products in the work, so it's leading many to believe that one of them is going to be once again Halo one redone again again, and then then they will move on to whatever it is that they want to call Halo Forward.
Speaker 2: I would say what you're saying kind of makes sense, but this is also their fourth attempt at a Halo game. Or you know, the fourth attempt, and it's like, if you can't get it right in three attempts, you shouldn't be able to get a fourth Like Microsoft should have really looked at that studio fired most of those people.
Speaker 1: But there's large chunks of Infinite that was actually good, Like it's just that they didn't get it cohesively together. And I think that's part of the thing is when they do bring up a good point about when we were having to worry about being engineers and technicians and worrying about making sure that the the engine work and not getting to focus so much on the game, I think that does take away from what she wanted to do. And not only that, but also the game was supposed to be something else originally, and you can see the parts of that that feel like, oh, there's quests and stuff, like you did have quests and Halo it's just one campaign, right.
Speaker 2: Well, that's like what they tried to do with Gears five. Yeah, and we'll tell all that worked out.
Speaker 1: It kind of does feel like it's the same thing that we're trying to hit the reset button with Gears, we're trying to say, hit the reset button with Halo. Can they get it to come together? They have to do it this time, I think, but they have that opportunity now it seems like anyway too, like really go back into what they feel works and where they needed to go and hopefully it's positive.
Speaker 2: The really funny thing and the really I wouldn't say craft, but the really depressing thing is they could just do a economy with sound Hill two and it's like we're gonna we're gonna remake Halo three because that's when people liked instead of instead of doing the thing they should do is like remake Halo one. Like the sound Hill thing is kind of weird because it's like, yo, sound Hill one is a little older than this, like you should be making making that game first.
Speaker 1: The reason why they chose to because it's not connected to the other ones, right, like some Hill one kind of connects to three and four, whereas two is by itself.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of why yea, because you know, if the remakes on Hill one and it's popular, guess what they can move on to the next one. You know, well, that's popular, they can move on.
Speaker 1: Does Bloomer want to just do that? Though? That's the thing does Bloomber want to just keep making Silent Hills. And I think this was like a, well, we don't know if this is going to be amazing or not, so let's just do Silent Hill two. Let's get the press from that. And then I wound up being awesome. Will they will Bloober want to go back and make Sullin Hill one? Will they do this? I don't know, It's just I I hate the whole, Like, oh, let's start a series of remakes and then just like the Halo one. Right, the idea was for Halo, they were gonna do one and two at least and then possibly even you know three. Yeah, they did well, and then by the time we got to like where two was going to happen, it.
Speaker 2: Was like, yeah, too little, too late, don't know, it's.
Speaker 1: Too late now, like and then we have to like patch it into the collection, yeah or whatever. It's I don't I think you just I worry about. Like That's what winds up happening with that is they go, well, there's already a collection of Silent Hill, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they look at look at what cap Con has done, and you can make the case that like they like there was a remake of Revenue one way back in the day, so right, you know, you can some people say, oh, they remake Revenuval two first, or you know, Resnuel one is a generation before, but it's like they still did it, like who cares, and.
Speaker 1: It's still like the definitive way to play that game, Like you don't want to go back up play the PlayStation one, right, right.
Speaker 2: So so that that that's the blueprint economy should have been looking at. Not you know, we can remix it on hill two and then what a remix on Hill one?
Speaker 1: Now, well that's the thing. I think this left and the door open to Okay, if there's a good reception to this, we could go back and start the series of doing soln Hill one and beyond. Whereas if they decide that this is it, this is the only remix that's going to happen, then okay. It's the standalone game, so it doesn't hurt anything if you don't get the other ones, and they technically do have a collection on modern platforms you can go by if you want, right.
Speaker 2: So this is completely unrelated. Yeah, I saw this pop up on I think Game Stop or some week hear something they are putting there are re releasing Dark Siders too on PS five and Xbox Series X. Yeah, and that game is a decade fucking old, Like how many platforms doesn't need to be released.
Speaker 1: I think it's aren't they making a fourth one? Isn't that the whole point there?
Speaker 2: I know they want to, they are, but who knows that they're gonna have the money to make it? You know? So right?
Speaker 1: So you know, for me, as a huge Halo fan, I'm happy to hear that they were going back to the drawing board, uh and stuff like that. I think it's just one of these.
Speaker 2: Where, well, let let me ask you this, Yeah, what do you what? What do you want the next game to be? Would you rather it be Halo one really remastered? You know? Or Halo seven where they kill off Earth. I will always make that joke when you get to a franchise that has seven games.
Speaker 1: I'm fine with if you want to do a Halo one Combat Evolved double anniversary, because in twenty twenty five, November twenty twenty five, it will be the what twenty fifth anniversary of Halo at that point, so or twenty twenty six. I'm sorry. The whole point is for it to I'm out with the new console which is rumor to come out, and so like that's the thing is for me. I'm fine with it if that's going to be your one of your launch games for the new console, and you want to show all your new stuff with the game that everybody knows and loves and say, Okay, from here on, this is what we really want from Halo, and then you start teasing what the new Halo is going to be. Whatever you decide for it to be Halo seven and beyond, I'm good with that. I also wonder if the moves on Real Engine five means, does that mean now it's for sure coming to PlayStation or a PlayStation whatever. Six We're at at that point you think we finally get to see Halo on the competitor console, or this is the one they're going to hold back.
Speaker 2: I still am that if they were smart, this should be the one they hold back. I think they're getting increasingly more like, more and more desperate, so I think it will just come to it and it'll be on every PC marketplace.
Speaker 1: Ever, I definitely think that if you're gonna use Halo one as the reset and you're gonna say that this is gonna be the system seller or the one that attracts people over to maybe getting an Xbox for the next gen. I don't think you put Halo on PS five at all. Yeah, Now if maybe that's not your idea, right, we still don't know what their next gen thing is. Is their next thing a portable system and that's all it is?
Speaker 2: Uh? That?
Speaker 1: Then DOC? Is it their version of the switch the DOCS to the TV or is it going to be a two pronged where you have the docking thing that's you can buy by yourself. It's not like the portal and then have the big console that goes to your TV. Whatever it is they decide, or is the the the portable thing just a rumor and not happening at all. Well, we'll see. But I I just feel like this is your one game, one series that it still could be your flagship if you do this right. It hasn't been your flagship for a long time, right, that's really been like for the Horizon to be honest.
Speaker 2: Excuse me. I think I think if you're getting a little game called fruit Force.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course fruit Force.
Speaker 2: And conquer.
Speaker 1: Tell Taylor that. So that'd being said I think, yes, they have the ability to bring this back. I just think if you put it on PlayStation at that point, what's the point of even having exclusives. You might as well just release everything day and date and that's it. And then if you want to keep making the box, to make the box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish I could be more optimistic about this, but it's just too many people. Like if they brought back, like I know, they can't bring back a Halo creator because he's a Bungee, I think still, but like if they brought someone back who was a big back then and said like, hey, we hired this guy back to guide us for this next Halo game, that would be that would be a lot better.
Speaker 1: But they didn't, right, So that kind of leads me into the next story here, Rod ferg It kind of leads to what I was talking about with Halo and going to PS five or whatever. Rod Ferguson was asked, Well, he wasn't asked. He kind of he just gave it up. He gave up the information that I've been asked this a bunch of times. As soon as the PS five Pro launches Diablo four Vessel of Hatred, will we'll be there at launch with it it will be PS five Pro enhanced. And then also there is a news report that came out that there's there is a verifiable link obviously that you can go look at that Microsoft's issued a kind of like a poll or a here's a bunch of questions that we have for you if you've chosen PlayStation over Xbox, right, and why you don't have a game on Xbox right. Yeah, it's interesting that that is the approach we're taking now. Not only are we making sure that even though yes, Activision is simple City by itself, right, you're having a game be PRES five Pro enhanced at the launch of the PS five pro your competitor console, which would ultimately make it better than the console you currently have. And then you're now releasing a thing that's telling devs, we want to know why you've chosen not chosen xbot. So if you look at that from a I don't own an Xbox perspective, mark, what does that say to you.
Speaker 2: That they don't understand why people want one console over the other, or they don't understand like that people go with, uh, what the first of doctors go with? Right?
Speaker 1: I think part of it it's just something we've always that. Phil Spencer even said himself like part of that, you're not going to get back because they yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the thing, though I don't think it's it's necessarily a first adoption thing. Yeah, Like they can look at the success of the Xbox three sixty versus p S three and go we come at a year earlier, so we had a year ahead. But it's like, well, yeah, you did, but you also had a better onlent infrastructure, cleaner interface, not gimmicky shit at least back then, a better like just better online things like that. And so when I think like when they had to go toe to toe like the recent console or the wonderfore that where they had a lot more gimmicky shit with it that didn't go well in their favor.
Speaker 1: Well, and also they had aslusives right right. It also it also fundamentally was a better console for the devs to make for because how many games coming on PS three and they were buggies crap, right right, So yeah, and then xbosters usual had the ruttering of death that didn't help it either, but they were able to fix that eventually.
Speaker 2: Right they I had talked with the ends recently. What would you say, I mean, it was the anniversary, just you know, talking about it. What would you say, is the best PlayStation generation or your your favorite?
Speaker 1: Let's say that my favorite is still probably the PS.
Speaker 2: One actually, so it's mine, I'd say I would say PS one. I would actually say it's a tie. Then, like the next one is PS two and PS four, Yeah, I might, I might say PS four personally, but PS two had a lot of a lot of great games for it. Next one it would be like PS five, and the last one would be PS three.
Speaker 1: I definitely agree, and I think I think there's a lot of people that would say PS four is right there if you didn't playing the PS one, So then the PS four is probably the best generation, right.
Speaker 2: But I bring that up because in Yenz's view, the PS three is the best system. I'm like.
Speaker 1: System as a system if you include all the things that it can do, if you get the big fat one, right, it's a great system. As far as like the games on it, that's a that's a whole different deal. But as far as what the system can.
Speaker 2: Do, yeah, that's the thing. It is. Like, I think there's three a lot of great games for it, but they didn't iterate well and they also cool off a lot of their like PS two and PS one franchises along the way. Yeah, and that's not great, but yeah, I think like it's not I think like maybe Microsoft is still on like the the mentality of the tribe or just not understanding what people want, like does it really take take like a market focus group or like you know, a survey of from field going like why do people want to PlayStation over the Xbox? And it's like, well, you know, PlayStation has you know, seventy percent of the market. That's you know, of the two consoles at least. Uh, that's what most people play games on that you know, we can see direct sales, you know, don't do you need to go further.
Speaker 1: I think part of it is also the thing that goes against their current policy. It's they have exclusives, right, right to be fair. A lot of it is I already own a PS four, so I'm going to buy the next thing that goes in the number of what I already own because it plays the games that I already own. So you know, there's so many people that have not moved over from the PS four yet, right because they can play all the games that they want to play on the PS four still, and there's still games coming out. Metaphor is coming out on the PS four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that Jedi is kind of PS four recently, Like they.
Speaker 1: Even went back, like you said, may Jed of Survivor on the PS four. So like it, there's still no big reason for somebody to move over. And if you have an Xbox One, even less because you have Game Pass and unless you really want to play almost all the big games except for like Starfield, they're gonna be on PS five.
Speaker 2: The DLC for Starfield isn't looking too hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not. It's not doing great, even though it's it's funny because it's like it seems like a very high contrast between like what the critics say on that line to what people that are actually like enjoy Starfield say that it's not as short as people say it is. It's just that people are running through it because that's mainly what you do when you review a game, is you're getting through the main campaign and then you do some of the side stuff and that's it. So it's just a it's just a difference of opinion. But yeah, it's interesting, But I don't know if they're really gonna find out anything that they don't already know, right, I think they know the reasons. They just don't want to go back to that model because they can't compete with Sony at that mode of beating them for exclusives and things like that.
Speaker 2: They could at one point, but not anymore because there's such such a service as company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I mean, and to be fair to them, they are making strides, like we talked about last week with all the Japanese stuff that is coming over to them. Yes, there are still companies that will probably never work with them because they just don't see the point like and I asked America being one of them, Like, just they don't see the point of really they're already a niche in themselves, that entire company and all the games they make. Putting it on Xbox is like wow, just going to the niche of the niche of the nichs. Like they're feeling like they're not going to get anything out of that. So you know, there's just certain companies that's like it doesn't behoove them at all unless Microsoft's coming in with the money and saying okay, put your game over here, you know. Yeah, so yeah, It's just this is one of these things where I do think that having the the head start, whether it's one year or two years or even six months, could help them. If they have the rest of the stuff going by, then have a really good halo, have things that can bring people in.
Speaker 2: That's the other problem though, is like they don't like for the past four years or maybe even longer, they've been really spinning their wheels as far as like, you know, you say what you want about Sony's output, Like you cannot like Spider Man, Gotto or Ragnarok, but other people do, and those games sell incredibly well and.
Speaker 1: Well, but look at the lineup. Look at the lineup of all those games that have come out this year that are playstationed exclusive, and almost all of them are pretty great. Yeah, and then okay, Hell Blade two whatever, Whether you like it or not, that's not the point. The point is that that's all it's been. And Indiana Jones, Okay, that's gonna come out so late that at least for this year, it won't matter for for most of the awards. And you destroyed the studio that you let somebody else go by the studio that major, one critical game that you had, uh that that wasn't help laid. So you've kind of dug yourself in this hole.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And like you said, not only spinning wheels, but constant delays avowed what'sposed to come out this year? What happened got delayed? Right?
Speaker 2: Well, even like the studios they bought, you know, over the past decade or whatever. It's like, what is what is I still bring it up? What is uh double find up to?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Three years ago at this point at least two and they have announced ship and it's like, what I like Double fine, Don't get me wrong, but.
Speaker 1: Right I think they're taking the Sony model now as well of we're not going to announce something unless we know it's coming out soon because they good.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, look at what they what happened with you know some of.
Speaker 1: Their look at Starffeld they had to delay that whole thing a whole entire year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so but you should at least try to, you know mee announce something. They say, hey, you got something in the works, you know, right, like they.
Speaker 1: Did without a Clockwork Revolution game, the New an Exile game or whatever, like they did a good job with that. That got people excited. You know, It's just yeah, they have to not only reveal things from those students, but they have to make they have to stick to those dates and actually have them come out and not be announcing delays. And then as you go throughout the year, the thing that people are paying game Pass for these first party games, they're getting less and less and less. And yes, now you have Activision Blizzard king to roll back on which you know, you have Vessel of Hatred coming out in a matter of hours.
Speaker 2: For people to at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's great. I mean, that's gonna be. You have Call of Duty coming out at the end of the month. That's great for you as well. And you announced some some cool Blizzard stuff comings old stuff and maybe there's new stuff coming with that too. But it's like you your other things have to kind of fall in a line in a pattern and really be able to get to that thing that Phil. It feels like Phil Spencer promised many many moons ago about first party game each quarter, and it's like, look, Flight sim is cool, but most people, even with game Pass, we're not even gonna bother with FLIGHTSIM see.
Speaker 2: That that's like one of the two games i'd a should be interested in personally, right, But yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean that's even more of a niche niche than than the fours of games are. Right though, It's like it's cool that they playgate to that, right. I think it's cool that they are Our history un told exists, right, I think that that that's cool that that exists. But again, it's like that is serving one master, which is mainly PC, and then two It's like it's a genre that is loved by that crowd, but not so much the console crowd. Same thing with the agent mythology stuff or whatever. It's cool that those games exist and they continue to have games, but they're not the mass market ones that are going to sell people on Oh I need to go buy a game pass for this, you know. So maybe they'll figure it out with this research thing, but until then, we are going to be moving on to talk about something else. Follow up from what we talked about last week, which was the whole Assassin's Creed Ubisoft stuff. Now we have news that Tencent and the Guimo family may consider just buying out Ubusoft and making it public or private. I'm sorry, making it private so where they wouldn't have to answer to shareholders and they could I guess make probably a bunch of the same stuff they're already making because ten sent is the biggest publisher there is, and you know they're not going to sit there and want to go what lose money constantly? You think the shareholders want to lose money. Tencent doesn't want to lose money. So if this actually happened, now this is UBUSA has gone on record saying that we look at all possibilities. So they didn't deny it, right, but they also kind of said, oh, we acknowledge that this is being talked about. What'd you think when you saw this news?
Speaker 2: Just more of the same or I think it'd be incredibly foolish on ten cents part, because you know, the big problem with that company seems to be the game O family and had like no accountability. If if it's private, it's like, well good luck there. You know.
Speaker 1: I think part of it is that you saw or not tense. I can't just outright go and buy them, right that, because then you're gonna get the FTC and the other regions uh involved, right, because you're making the biggest publisher even bigger, and that's going to play well.
Speaker 2: You know when once Shadows comes out and likely bombs, I imagine Tencent might be getting out of the polisoft market and then they are really screwed.
Speaker 1: Well, let's say this does happen. They also own the rights, the cloud rights to the Activision stuff. So I wonder if that opens up a whole in other can of worms as well with the regulators, because the whole reason why they sold the TV stop was because they wanted to avoid Activision Blizzard taking over in that sector. So you give it to ten Cent, what does that say?
Speaker 2: You know, they don't just keep going, or you know, wouldn't, or they could just assign the rights to someone else if something does go bad. I'm sure there's like a clause you know if company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, they go back to Activision at that point, if somebody else technically owns Ubisoft, right yeah. I think what worries me is that if you're really concerned about what happens to Ubisoft now right like you're you're saying, we're we're all going we don't like Ubisoft's direction. They constantly keep floundering on these big decisions. If they make what do you think Tenset's gonna come in, They're gonna probably make them focus on a bunch of mobile stuff. Yeah right, They're gonna make them focus on only the big franchises. You're not gonna have them try to bring in something new. Maybe that means splinter Cell actually happens, but I don't know. I just I worry about that means they double down even more on Assassin's Creed and not less.
Speaker 2: You know, I imagine splinter sell happens, but Sam Fischer will be gone up against Japanese terrorists, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people that that are that were upset about the whole actors a Blizzard thing and and like consolidation more in the gaming space. I don't want to see Ubisoft go away, even though those games.
Speaker 2: Are not my I don't want like, I don't want to have to go away either, but I want to have to get better and getting worse.
Speaker 1: You know, I just don't know if that makes that would make them. They do need to get away from having to worry about shareholders. But man, I wish it was somebody else that was intense that they could buy them. And like I wonder if like Bungie hadn't gone in this direction for Sony, Like if they would consider it.
Speaker 2: I probably wouldn't have enough money. I think its thought to still like number four, number three. As far as third party, it would have gone like the traditional would have gone Activision, EA, Ubisoft right now it's probably Capcom. And also Activision isn't third party anymore.
Speaker 1: So, I mean they're still technically, you know, their own thing just inside of Xbox, but their third party because they go to the other consoles right right. But it's like, listen, tencent owns so much little percentages of all these companies they own. They owned twenty two percent of Libertine. Yeah, like you know, they own thirty five percent of shift Up, the people that made cellar blades. Like it's like they owned sixteen percent from software. They owned fourteen percent of Remedy, Like it's you know they own that. What what does it? You go ahead?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I said, it's good way to get money. I mean I keep that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if you would you would you want to invest one hundred percent or like ninety one company or would you rather sput it out?
Speaker 1: No? No, Yeah, their thing is smart. What they did was smart Yeah, right, like I own all these other ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, given the option, they'd probably rather own something like you know, Remedy or from Software obviously than Ubisoft because they're much more of a prestige company.
Speaker 1: I'm sure right now, especially the way from Software has gone, they wish they could have more of that shure than Sony does. Yeah right, So like that's the thing is right now, This is all talk. We don't know. It could change from week to week. The thing is right now, it's not good. It hasn't been good for U Software a long time, right, ever since they they started canceling a bunch of games.
Speaker 2: And the real problem is it's all self inflicted, you know. So it's like, let me ask you, like, do you believe in the adage or do you believe in the same give like you know, someone people should give. It's the given the audience what they want. Yeah, of course, So do you do you believe that aphorism?
Speaker 1: Yeah? If you give the people what they want, they're most likely going to give you what you want in return.
Speaker 2: I kind of believe half and half, like sometimes you should sometimes you know you should do something on your own, but really wants to like do it on their own. So you know, people have been begging for over a damn decade. Hey, splinter cell, spinner cell, we will buy it, assuming it's good, but we will buy it. And you know what to the X defy it or they make that other like mobile piece of ship.
Speaker 1: Because because Sick Siege was such a huge deal for them, then now they want more of that.
Speaker 2: Right, but you know the other six Siege wasn't that Aliens And they keep chasing you know, the live service money that continually slip into their fingers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they already they doubled down on that. They said that that's the thing that they're going to keep going after is the big open world experiences and.
Speaker 2: The mobile crab mobile.
Speaker 1: And the live service.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, But like if you look at it, a lot of their games, a lot of their decisions have not been smart. Like Nintendo even told them I wouldn't put out, I wouldn't make a Mario Rabbits too right now. I'd wait till the switch to and they decided, no, we're gonna do this, and then guess what happens. There's diminishing returns because that game hasn't looked that much different than the other one.
Speaker 2: That one's a bummer because that's a better game, you know, So I take one of their few bright spots as far as like improving on an existing game, and no one bought it.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing with like Avatar was actually a really good game, it's just it. Also, you could just swap skins with far Cry and it's the same right kind of games.
Speaker 2: So it's like I got to kill six Navvy Aliens to crash a new wallet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's nothing special about it. Then it's like, oh, you do have a special game like principersa Lost Crown, and it's like it's in a genre that it's not everybody's favorite the Metrognea, so it doesn't. And also I think the fifty dollars price just too much for a game like that. But you know, that's either here or there had already happened. But then like you have stuff like Immortals Phoenix Rising that people loved a lot. Oh we're going to cancel the second game, yep, so we can have Roller Champion and Oddballers and uh big Heads Yeah, Skull and Bones Exifiant, you know insert like you said, some other kind of Live Service crap here, right, and then you cancel the free to play division thing that was actually sort of interesting, yeah, heartline, and it's like, okay, all you got going right now is Beyond goodn To which we which now is the Beyond Good and Evil Too, is now officially the longest game, the game that's been in development the longest. Yes, yeah, exactly, So that game at some point's gonna get canceled by somebody, right, the remaker Prince the Person's Stands of Time was so badly received you had to like basically restart it, and now it's not coming out for two years, and yeah, that's kind of it. And then splinter Cell, we don't know if that's ever going to come out, right, And it's like, that's that's all we're doing. And it's like, man, remember when you guys were coming out with fresh stuff. Yeah, and it's not happening anymore. And and now you've diluted your franchises so much that it's like, we know what the U Soft formula is, there's nothing special about it.
Speaker 2: But following the Microsoft Microsoft train.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just it sucks, man, It sucks to see you, but we'll see well, go I'm sure that will continue to be another thing that gets talked about here. Moving on to Sony for a sec just because they have a few have one that's kind of a thing last week sort of of Horizon Online is going to be the next thing from the Horizon series from Gorilla. It's not going to be the actual like Horizon three that people were hoping it would be. We've kind of heard the rumors about this before. I don't know if this is supposed to be like just multiplayer or it's supposed to be the MMO. There's been like conflicting reports.
Speaker 2: On I'm having an MMO or to be like you know, you and twelve other Hunters have to have to gather around take out the level fourteen robot dinosaur or something like that. You know, Yeah, let me ask you, do you want this at all?
Speaker 1: I'm not. I like the Horizon series as a concept, I like Alloy as a character. I like the games, know, I just don't think that that's like who looks at Horizon and goes I want to play. I guess you could have said the same for Lost of Us right though. But like nobody thought Factions was going to be something and then it wound up being something so yeah.
Speaker 2: But they also crushed out, you know, the life service part of that cant or you know, like like we don't we just want to make the next last of this game, or like make a single player game.
Speaker 1: I kind of get it in a way, right, because even though we always make the joke about Horizon, somehow finds a way to come out at the same time as some other amazing game and it gets overshadowed, those games still sell well, right right. People obviously enjoy that series for whatever reasons they do.
Speaker 2: I enjoy it just you know, find enough. I don't like the last one that much, but if I make the third one, I'll probably play it. But them go on a kay, it's a massively multiplayer game, or you know, it's some live service thing. It's like, well, if you do the battle pass, you get a new boat skin. It's like, great, let's not let's never do this, you know, but.
Speaker 1: At least that game sort of has something that you could say, Okay, I could go in with all my front with some friends and hunt the robots, and this could make them want to keep making different ones that haven't been in the game before or something. Uh, and you can add some story into it that maybe leads into three or they kind of they're parallel, but they have nothing to do with the main games. It's just adding on to the like lore of it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Do you think it could work conceptually, like they have a point in making it or just this is like because I don't think it's going to be dead in the water, because it's such a big franchise. Like, I think there's gonna be a lot of people that are going to try it out. They wouldn't try out a Concord or a fair game, whatever other you know, even Marathon.
Speaker 2: What's the good how many people tried out that Horizon VR game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think that's you're making people have to buy a whole other five hundred dollars peripheral. You're not having to buy anything extra for this, You're just having to buy the game whatever they're going to charge you for it, if they charge anything at all. I guess they could make it free, but I think being Horizon, they're going to charge.
Speaker 2: But sure, I think I think it'll come out and it'll bomb spectacularly, and it really may it may it may do well for like the first month or two but then it'll be like, oh, player counts a thousand players. Yeah, that's not enough to make this thing survive at all. Like yeah, I mean, you know, I just think it's like wasted, just like such a backwards backwards ideal, because wasn't there some survey that said, likeeople like most players the first single player game as.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, it came out recently, and that's not a huge percentage from what like that would be what forty seven percent multiplayer?
Speaker 2: So yeah, but you have to like, how many of those forty percent just pick one game and stick with it?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, definitely that's a huge amount. Right. But I think if you're going to go out on a limb and continue to make these, going off of established franchise is probably a better idea than making a new one where you've the last time you did it it worked, right, Hell Divers two worked even though it's sort of mostly different than the original.
Speaker 2: Helldivers to work because it's, well, the first game was already multiplayer. It wasn't some single player thing. So that's why I think, you know, it's just a perspective scene, yeah, to a you know, better perspective. But I think trying to you know, res out a few times attachment's creed like they made an online part of that. After like two or three goes, they're like, screw it, who cares? No one cares, Like players don't care about this at all.
Speaker 1: So it's interesting that they're adding co op missions into Shadows now because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're gonna go back to the old. Uh if it wasn't Victory, I forget what the fuck they called it the French one Unity, Yeah, the one that bombed badly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, but yeah, I mean we we don't know exactly what's all in it. They haven't revealed much of anything other than it's going to have a new cast and.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean I don't think first of all, I don't think will be in it at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't either. I think you you kind of have to separate a maybe you have like alois being it at the beginning to kind of introduce it and then that's it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, once again, it's a shame that uh, Lance Redick has passed away because he would likely be like the mission giver or exactly. Yeah, so I think there's hime as silence or something, but like he'd be like the guy going like, oh, he'd be like the quartermaster or something.
Speaker 1: At least they honored him an aster.
Speaker 2: But yeah, uh, just.
Speaker 1: Another thing since we're on the it was an important franchise to PlayStation's early years. TECND and because these are early PlayStation games that we're talking about, Harada was asked about what about a Techning collection and he said, well, I don't know, because you know that era of graphics doesn't play as well. It's the Marvel one. You think he's right about that, Like, you can't have a Teching collection. It doesn't sell as well.
Speaker 2: I think. I mean, they're already like decent ray trade. I don't know if it's ray tracing, but like emulation efforts to like kind of punch that stuff up. I think you could do that if you really want to do or just you know, like stuff to tech or whatever. It still wouldn't look as good as like techn eight obviously, but it would help. But you know who cares people still like you know, Techning three because you just you know, kick you know, match to kick butt Edny Gordo constantly like or like you know, Teching Bowl and shit like that, So why not you know?
Speaker 1: I agree?
Speaker 2: I hate to say, I mean, I don't like to take it at all, that's the thing, but like it's probably the third longest lasting fighting franchise there is behind like Mortal Kombat and the speed Fighter, uh and those games that had collections before, So yeah, go for it.
Speaker 1: And it also has crazy story that probab has its own crazy story too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, like the teching story is way crazier than anything Marvel or Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter's gotten to do.
Speaker 1: So and thank you've led Guilty Gaming. Appreciate that for for liking and sharing. You know. It's one of these things where it's like I would it sucks because I obviously say it's a money thing. Right, It's the same thing where like they've been asked Ben Namco has been asked about Zenosaga right of well, don blas to being awesome. I bet there'd be a lot of people would buy the CeNAT our games. Now it's like, well, when we do focus groups, that doesn't play well, right, And it's like it's kind of the same thing here, just we got to know that there's support behind it before we can start making these, because it's not we can't just put out something and then nobody buys them.
Speaker 2: And I don't think they would have to actually do like Teching one through seven, like that would probably be a big haul. But Teching's one through five, well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the ones that are not on modern consoles, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I don't think the PS three one that probably be taking six maybe, but yeah, Techan's one through five, you know PS one, PS two error Teching, sure, yeah, go for fifty bucks and yeah, borrow the emulation that that Capcom is doing for their Capcom thing. Don't do that just plugging the ROM or plugging the ISO.
Speaker 1: Here you go, all right, being on to Nintendo, who are once again being talked about, not because of their games. Not that Echoes and Wisdom is awesome, but I personally am just gonna wait till that's gonna be my like it switched to. That's gonna be like an extra launch game for me for switch to at this point, or maybe something I pick up early next year. If there's like not a lot going on in January, I just don't really have any motivation and like do anything on my switch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once that card I got kind of died, as I've done at this for a while, I guess now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that it's being talked about because there are other the other big emulator, not the Yuzu, the one that Nintendo shut down themselves this time they are sort of involved with the Reugins emulator being shut.
Speaker 2: Down, right, this is completely yeah, like they kind of you know, the post that.
Speaker 1: Was made on Discord basically alludes to like one of the developers got hit up by Nintendo to basically like, hey, what if we offer you this and this, if you just shut the.
Speaker 2: Thing down, we won't sue you in the end of the crater.
Speaker 1: You know that we technically can't sue you because this is like open source or whatever. The heck it was the reasoning. But what if we do this and this and then he goes next thing, you know, he disappears, doesn't answer people's you know, texts and phone calls and stuff, and the other person that's like majorly involved with this has to announce that pretty much Reusions is gone.
Speaker 2: The first guy's on the run, he's gonna he's still gonna be programming, then the leader in secret and yeah, uploading it from cyber cafes and like that.
Speaker 1: And also not only do that, but Nintendo you know, sued that mad chip seller right as well for him, and he agreed to like stuff, but he apparently is not going to seek legal counsel. He feels like he's going to just go at it alone at this point against them. He feels like he has he disputes the claim Sintendo's making.
Speaker 2: The quote dodgeball, it's a bold strategedy cat and let's see how well it goes works out.
Speaker 1: For what do you like think about either one of these? Obviously, you know, for the people that love emulation, this isn't great.
Speaker 2: For I mean, I think current system emulation is kind of is kind of legally dubious. Let's say I think it should be valid if the system not being sold anymore, Like yeah, that's fine because you can't get it in a fucking you know, it's they're not losing money anymore. But yo, if you could still buy and switch to the best buy or whatever, like okay, this is like it's a piracy thing. But then people who are going like, oh, I'm doing it because like I I do have a switch, but you know Zoll doesn't doesn't run great on it. Well, you don't have to you don't have to play Zelda, Like if you don't like how run on a switch, Okay, you know, move on exactly.
Speaker 1: That's the thing is, Oh, well, I want to test out the game before I spend the money on it, because Nintendo's games never go on sale.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, all I want to test out the game for thirty hours and then maybe seed credits and.
Speaker 1: Then it's like, well, you know how Nintendo's practices are. It doesn't mean that you have to play the game also, right, it's right. I understand for the people that you don't have legit.
Speaker 2: Access to it or but that's still such like a minor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or like the ones that if we're going to stay down the line when the console is no longer being made and that game particularly is not being made, and you want to have a copy of it because that's the only way, sure, whatever, But not when you're playing Legends all the echoes, the Echoes of Wisdom two weeks before the game came out. And I'm not talking about even the ones that got it early because of breaking street data over. I'm talking about the people that are just downloading it off a PC or off of a website or a link or whatever, and you're playing it, and it's like, what do you expect Nintendo to do?
Speaker 2: You think that?
Speaker 1: I mean, yes, this is a small, small amount of buys that are not happening. But if I'm Nintendo, what do you expect them to do? Just be like, oh, yeah, it's cool that you played our game without buying it, right. It's like, I'm not trying to defend Nintendo as in they have some really bad anti consumer practices. Okay, let's be fair about that. I'm not sitting here trying to say everything Nintendo does is great. It's not. But that is the way Nintendo has established themselves for eons. And the thing is people keep buying the remake or the collection that sucks. They don't They didn't really updo those ports of More, but they bought them anyway. You know, the the other remakex that they do. If they're not great, people still buy them anyway. So you're not teaching the company anything with your wallet. So then you're gonna go, oh, we're gonna go to the piracy route. Well, what do you think the company's gonna do. It's like it's just a weird take on on like why you do it? I get the video game preservation part of it, but you could preserve it and just not use the current release route. You can wait until that system no longer is in service, and then you want to do that like we've always done with emulators, and you're gonna go under the radar a lot more. But now you're getting to the point where nintendals for attacking people that are like showing YouTube videos of people like having emulated it's emulated there on their console, and it's like, well, I don't know they've they've always just been that terrible about that stuff. So yeah, sucks for the people. But again it's it's about and how you use it, all right, Any any final things here? I got it ended before, we so really quick. Here what's coming out you know pretty much tomorrow sun Hill to remake For the people that didn't get it early, you can go get that, go play it. We already did. Mark somebody who played it. I'll have thoughts next week. Mark will have more thoughts. Mark. We have thoughts on Diablo for Bessel Hatred that comes out in a few hours. There's obviously metaphory Fantasio. We'll also have thoughts on that too. That comes out sky Ocean Wings for Hire, the like kind of Scars of Arcadia indie version that comes out this week as well. Europa comes out on PC and Switch. That's like the kind of like platforming Breadth of the Wild, sort of cool looking game that has some really awesome sights. Dragon Ball Sparking zero also comes out Friday.
Speaker 2: Sure I could know who's gonna win. Goku z Made or Goku z End.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's got some major, like big time pre orders. Seeple have been waiting for that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Try Transformers Galactic Trial also comes out same day. Star Troopers Extormination also comes out the same day. So got some interesting stuff coming here all in the same a week. Backyard Baseball ninety seven. Awesome that they're bringing that back. I think that's cool. I remember playing that back in the day. Yeah, so there's some really really good games, kind of something for everyone coming this week. This is the most PAC month, and the next week we already got another great week of stuff with Never the New World, Ourternium, even just Dance for people, even adventures to some of the things. So yeah, all right, so thank you everybody who watched listen all that stuff, whether you watch live or you watch later or you listen later, would you appreciate you Go write us a review on whatever podcasts or you use, and we'll and everybody expected by the storm be safe and evacuate if you need to, and we'll see here next week.
Speaker 2: Bye.