Speaker 1: Kalaroga Shark Media.
Speaker 2: Hello, what an exciting day. Amy Schumer's Kind of Pregnant is out on Netflix today. Hello, I'm Johnny Mack with your daily comedy news. Amy Schumer is kind of Pregnant. Reviews are embargoed until today, so I don't have any to share, But that tells me something. It means that Netflix is really really excited about these super positive reviews. They're gonna get for it, and they wanted them to all come out today. Yeah, we'll see. Amy Schumer wants us to talk about her, so we sure will today. Let's start with this piece and Decider by Anna Menta. Anna writes Amy Schumer peaked with her twelve Angry Men sketch from inside Amy Schumer. It's been nearly a decade, but Amy Schumer still hasn't topped her twelve Angry Men parody from twenty fifteen, and at this point, with former fans abandoning her in light of her recent controversial opinions, got to click on that. What are these controversial opinions again? Ah? Yes, that links to the Independent. Why Amy Schumer's Israel Gaza posts were corrected by Mlka's daughter and an overwhelming lack of enthusiasm for her new Netflix movie, it seems plausible that she never will. I'm skimming through this, Ana meant to write Sin Schumer's defense, It's difficult for anything to best that near perfect comedy sketch. It aired as the third episode of the third season of Schumer's Comedy Central series Inside Amy Schumer, which you can stream for free on Hulu. Typically, the show featured at least five short sketches per episode, but Twelve Angry Men Inside Amy Schumer broke format with a single black and white, eighteen minute long bit. Over the next fifteen minutes or so, we see a character take on the role of Henry Fond as Twelve Angry Men character, He's on a mission to a quit Schumer, not on the basis of reasonable doubt, but rather on the basis of reasonable chubb but meaning that each man in the room might, plausibly, under the right circumstances, find Amy Schumer attractive. What makes the sketch so brilliant, it writes Anna, in addition to the pitch perfect recreation of the original movie's melodramatic tune, is that this is quite literally how the Internet sounds when talking about Schumer. It doesn't seem to matter what else Schumer does to offend, and she does plenty. Another hyperlink, Let me click on that one. This one took me to BuzzFeed. Amy Schumer doubled down on her Israel comments and it's not great is that article? There will always be a man on the corner who simply must chime in to announce that he wouldn't have sex with Amy. Nothing Schumer has done since has managed to find that perfect balance. A few months after Twelve Angry Men Inside Amy, Schumer aired Amy's first movie, train Wreck, open in theaters. It's easily her best film, though not quite as concise and clean as the sketch. Still, twenty fifteen remained Schumer's best air ouns. The year she won her first and only Emmy Award for Inside Amy Schumer, and she even snagged a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress. And train Wreck and reminds us the review embargo for A Kind of Pregnant has not yet lifted. Never a great sign, but the general sentiment surrounding the movie seems tippid at best. We'll get into the reviews tomorrow. Amy popped by the View and confessed to scheduling sex with her husband. She wanted us all to know what she and her husband can planned to do for their upcoming wedding anniversary, which happens to fall the day before Valentine's Day. She wants us to know, Well, actually, that's the weekend of the SNL fiftieth anniversary special. So I think I get a plus one. Otherwise I'll just ditch him. She was joking. I believe no one is getting a plus one. That's been well reported. Amy added, we're pretty corny. We'll make sweet love. Amy then shared that they do schedule their sexy time, saying there's never a vibe. It never just happens to people do that. One of the hosts agreed with Amy. Amy also provided the host of the view with a bag of gifts, including strap on pink waistbags modeled after pregnant bellies. These were for each of the co hosts to wear. Amy said, just strap them right on. Whoopy Goldberg seemed confused, or at least pretended to be confused. Unclear to me, I didn't watch the show. Whoopy held a quote bewildered facial expression for seventy one seconds then there was a commercial break. When it came back from commercial, Whoopy had strapped the fake pregnant belly to her head. It stayed there for most of the rest of the segment disappeared later in the broadcast. Amy was also out on the Red Carpet. She believes her five year old son Jean shares the comedy gene, telling people he's really funny. I don't know what his story's gonna be, but he loves doing stunts and making people laugh. Other folks on the Red Carpet where co stars Julian Bell, will Forte, Damon Wayne's junior, and others. Adam Sandler is one of the producers. He was there with his wife Jerry Seinfeld and Jessica Seinfeld also stopped by the Red Carpet. Moving on, the Minnesota Star Tribune caught one of Nicki Glaser's recent shows. They write for Most of the evening, name dropping was kept to a minimum. She was more focused on defending the use of a zempic, detailing her visits to tanning salons, and admitting to being jealous of supermodels. She took on social influencers because they look cuter than she does. With little effort and said, I want you to do a TikTok dance next to a helicopter. But the Star Tribune writes, but Glazer's underdog persona doesn't resonate like it used to. It's hard to feel sorry for someone who, at this moment just might be the most talked about comedian on the planet. Glazer was more effective when exploring darker themes that have nothing to do with her quest for eternal youth. Apparently she did some material involving the plane crash in Washington, d C. It is unclear to me what that material it was. She got into some other stuff that I don't even want to talk about on this podcast, but sounds like it was quote unquote outrageous. Kevin Art has revealed that he has a new pet eagle. He has named the eagle Saquon Barkley, after the eagle's running back. I feel like Kevin has done this bit before around the Super Bowl involving an eagle. Kevin went on Instagram on Monday, Yeah I am remembering correctly. He showed off his first pet eagle, which is named Jalen Hurts, which he says he purchased for a million five back in twenty twenty three. Okay, I did remember that correctly. Kevin revealed he had some issue with Jalen Hurts, the pet eagle, who he says mistook Kevin for a rodent. Kevin calls in trainers to get the pet eagle Hurts properly trained, and then said, like anything, all good things come in pairs. The camera zooms out, there's another eagle. Kevin says he dropped twelve million dollars on a rare eagle with big legs and named it Saquon Borkley. Kevin then makes a cocktail called the Borkley Hurts using his tequila brand. Because Kevin always has to be hustling stuff. And speaking of the eagle transition, Sam Meryl spoke to The Eagle Online and that's a college newspaper. What a terrible segue. I should be embarrassed by that. The Eagle Online was curious if Sam knew he wanted to go into comedy by the time he was in college. Sam said, I did. Actually, my first time on stage was right after high school when school was ending, and then I was handing out flyers in my free time for stage time. When I was in college, that is awful if you've ever seen anybody have to do that. When I briefly went to Tulane University, I kind of got to choose some of the comics that bring down. I had a good set in front of one of the comics they brought down. I already kind of knew I liked stand up a lot. It was kind of all on you. You could choose how hard you were going to work or how not hard you were going to work. I felt like I was missing out socially a little bit because I had friends who were like, ah, it's a sparty night and I'm literally handing flyers out in the street and stuff like that. But I also really liked stand up. I liked being around comics, so I did feel like I was bonding with a different type of people at that time. So you know, it was just a choice, and I think I figured, if this doesn't work out, it'll just be a chapter in my life. Sam was getting ready to play d C and they were curious if political jokes play differently in DC. Sam said, good question. I haven't been to DC in a couple of years. I think the crowd seems to be informed, but I don't know if it plays differently. I think maybe they're expecting it. I'll do current events and I'll do social commentary, but I try to keep it from being red versus blue in my act. Clearly, of course i'll dump on a particular person, but I think when you draw the line too clearly, like there's enough division. It's everywhere. So for me, pouring gasoline on fire is kind of pointless when you're trying to give people a good night out. There's ways to do it, I think, and I've done it, but I think it's a line, you know, similar to a dark joke. There's a line to be walked. Kat Williams has bought the Fort McClellan property. This is in Aniston, Alabama. Kat's plan is to turn it into a production studio. Mayor Jack Draper said, this is a sector of the economy that I think could be transformational for this region. We as a city have met with mister Williams team consistently over the last few months. You know, you're talking about jobs. You're talking about construction projects not only for the city, county, but also the rein before it was closed in nineteen ninety nine. No word on when the studio might open. Joe Coy visited Duluth. He had some fun with how cold it was there he filmed a tourism video. In the video, he calls himself John McMillan, assisted to the senior Vice president of Duluf, Minnesota Department of Tourism. Let's listen, I think this is fun.
Speaker 1: Hi, I'm John McMillan, assistant to the senior vice president of the Duluth, Minnesota Department of Tourism. I'm here to show you the beautiful city of Duluth, Minnesota. Come follow me, sit down and enjoy the view of all water on an icy cold benches in a beautiful place to Milwaukee. Also known for our snow cap rock. Despite what people think, Duluth, Minnesota has black people. Oh please don't film me. Thank you, Hi, mister Anderson O. D Lude is also known for stares for women and every day is a great day for a hot cup of coffee and d Hi mister Hernandez, I don't know you, he knows me and stand on top of a band made snow hills and enjoyed our world famous family saunas Hi missus Segy. So next time when you're planning a vacation. Think all the fun things I do. Hi, mister Peterson, who mister Peterson?
Speaker 2: On Gossip Corner, TMZ reports, Corey Holcombe says he got sucker punched by a female comedian who's hell bent on taking him down physically and financially, so he's seeking court ordered protection. As the story goes, back in December, Corey was outside the Hollywood improv a woman put hands on him as his back was turned to her. In the documents filed Monday in LA Superior Court, Corey Holcombe claims she hurled a bunch of insults and obscenities worthy of a celebrity roost. Among the comments, the woman allegedly made your mother is a B word. And I'll clean this up, penis ain't uh you know anything to look at? Really cleaning it up?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: D and s or the words that are asteriskd out in the copy I'm reading from back to his back to his d apparently shield up. That's why your wrist gout broke. TMZ says for the record, Corey says his wrist injury was from skateboarding, not self love. I'm glad to clear that up. Corey. A hearing was scheduled where both Corey and the woman will be able to share their versions of what happened, and then the judge was going to decide what happened. I can't wait to report back on that one. Will Ferrell's working on untitled comedy project movie He'll Start with Zac Efron. Efron will play a young convict who's fresh out of prison. Instead of choosing to make good on his newfound freedom, the convict decides to seek revenge on the reality TV judge played by Will Ferrell, whose conviction put him behind bars. I got me curious. Uh, what Will Ferrell has been doing lately? I called up is IMDb be it's been a minute. His recent acting gigs going backwards. He was in four episodes of the Boys in twenty four. It was a voice indespicable me for on the TV series In the Know, he voiced Gene. He played Terry McTeer in Quiz Lady. He was the voice of Reggie in the movie Stras. He played the Mattel CEO and Barbie That's twenty twenty three. He appeared in Spirited In twenty twenty two, eight episodes of The Shrink next Door in twenty twenty one. He played Lars Ericsong in the Eurovision Song Contest in twenty twenty. I'm already five years back, guys, scrolling down here, I'm not reading every single line. Played Dad in the Lego Movie two. I love the first Lego movie. I didn't see the second one. That's twenty nineteen. Played Sherlock Holmes and Holmes and Watson in twenty eighteen, remember that one. Played Brad and Daddy's Home two in twenty seventeen. He was in Zuolander two and twenty sixteen. In the Lego movie was twenty fourteen. You see what I'm saying here. Their Anchorman two was twenty thirteen. It's been a minute. Will feard Os will have a Netflix special at some point, no date yet. This one is titled Full Volume. I want to make sure that word doesn't get swallowed in my accent, full fool. In Full Volume, Feardas asked whether people should share the joy, keep it safe, or distribute it. The special was filmed in Tokyo, London, Mumbai, and New York. I've got two very short clips from the trailer. The trailer is mostly percussion and attitude but I pulled out a little bit. Let's listen, this one not my dream.
Speaker 1: This is what Mumbai does really well.
Speaker 2: Mumba's like, what's your dream?
Speaker 1: What's you dream?
Speaker 2: What your dream? What's your dream? Movie stop? Bank manager?
Speaker 1: What's your dream? Happily married, stable, family movie stop?
Speaker 2: No date yet on that one. Kelsey Grammar revealed to The New York Post he didn't talk to Ted Danson for thirty years. Kelsey said there wasn't like a single thing that blew up their friendship, was just gradual attention. Grammer says, it got a little blown out of proportion. There really wasn't an argument. It was at the time of my life when I was actually going through a lot of self doubt, self loathing. Honestly, it was when I was drinking a lot. Ted had come up and said, you know, I'm kind of mad at you that sometimes you don't show up ready to go. And I said, okay, I respect that. That was actually sort of it. Now, maybe what happened for Ted was he stepped away from what might have been a better friendship. Maybe had just had to protect himself. I don't really know, but I said thanks. We were fine with that. Grammar didn't think when Ted called out his behavior that would greatly impact their relationship, but they wound up not speaking for thirty years. If you're a younger listener, they co starred on Cheers from nineteen eighty two to nineteen ninety three. Ted Dancing last year on his podcast told Kelsey, I feel like I got stuck a little bit with you during the Cheers years. I have a memory of getting angry at you once. It's stuck in both of our memories. But I feel like I missed out in the last thirty years of Kelsey Grammar, and I feel like it's my bad, my doing, and I almost feel like apologizing to you. No, I do apologize to you and me that I sat back, you know, and didn't And I really do apologize. Grammar then thanked Ted Dancing for the apology and said he too, which is they had spent more time together. My love for you has always been as easy as the day, as easy as the sunrise. That is your comedy news for today. If you enjoy the program, please tell a friend about it. They might like to picking up some new people on YouTube. I have discovered the twenty four to seven streaming channel. So if you're listening to my voice on that right now, I gather there's no video. Never said there was. It's just a loop of the last two weeks or so of this podcast. Thank you for jumping on board. The podcast comes out in audio form three five am, seven days a week, so if you want to grab it on a podcast app, you can do that. And I'll see everybody here tomorrow.