Speaker 1: Welcome back. It's the average American in for the great American on this Monday. And I have no, absolutely no idea what I witnessed on Sunday watching your Cincinnati Bengals take on the Steelers, and the Steelers are massing more offense in that one game that was probably five games of Pittsburgh Steeler offense. Remember it was just a couple of three weeks ago they won a game by kicking six field goals, they couldn't score a touchdown. But yet yesterday I'm watching this thing transfire and they're picking apart that Bengals defense like a leftover bone from Thanksgiving dinner. I mean, it was unbelievable what they did. And then to cap it off, to cap it off, everybody in that stadium, everybody watching that game at home, they knew exactly what Justin Fields was going to do when he took that ball right after the two minute warning and race seven yards, giving the Steelers a first down and for all intents and purposes, ending the game. Everybody in the stadium knew that Justin Fields was going to get the ball, except, of course, the eleven guys playing defense for the Bengals. So how bad is this and going forward? How bad can it be? Because you're not going to fix everything in one off season. There's just no way. And the more they delay fixing what's wrong with this team, the more they waste the incredible talents of Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase standing by the way on all of this, he is, without questioning, the most magnificent person who has ever worn the number eighty five for the Cincinnati Bengals. Oh, there have been many, There have been many great number eighty fives in the history of the Cincinnati Bengals, But there has been no one, and I mean no one that has worn it with more grace and more style and more effectiveness than my buddy Tim McGee. Tim, how are you on this glorious Monday.
Speaker 2: Doing excelante? How are you doing?
Speaker 3: Your man?
Speaker 2: Holidays? Was good so.
Speaker 3: Far, so far? But are your watch?
Speaker 1: I know, do you knew exactly what Justin Fields was going to do with that ball? You know exactly what the Steelers were going to do first play after the two minute warning, and you know Bengals stopping who knows the you know, the offense is moving along and everything, Maybe they score, maybe they win the thing with the extra point. Everybody knew what was going to go except the Bengals defense. How does that happen?
Speaker 2: Well, I tell you here's the point where I don't know the exact answer, but I can almost guarantee you this happens when the defense that it was a two minute warning, which evidently you know obviously it's like a time out. I guarantee Coach Lou and the defensive personnel and the defensive staff hold one person you are responsible for, justin field, and that one person took the bait on the fake, although that person was told that time and time and time again. And let me tell you why I say that. The body language of the sideline and the other ten players said, I cannot believe you just let that guy justin fields run right by you when we told you it was coming. And that's the problem coach Liu has. He is not coaching talent that's elite enough to be in the right place at the right time and execute. You can put them there, you can tell them, but then they have to go out and make the play. So I know everybody, including yourself, says, how did eleven players not know that was coming? There was one person that was responsible for the quarterback one and he didn't do it so well.
Speaker 1: It had to be a linebacker or safety, right, it had to be a linebacker of safety.
Speaker 2: Well, it depends on who's crashing down. In this case, since there was a tight end at the end of the line of scrimmage and he faked the ball up the middle, that could have very easily been a cornerback or a safety. The linebacker dependent and I don't know what actual defense they were in, but a linebacker because of the down and distance in the situation, could have been a per se blid team, or they could have had the a gap, the gap whatever the defense called for. But there was a person. I guarantee you there was a person designated just we hear the spy when was Lamar Jacon come in? They got to have a spy in this case, who was and I'm going to use the term loosely who was spying that play for the fake took the bait. And it's just it's so different, Kenny than when you see and you know the offense is trying to get the defense to jump off five, you know it, and then one bonehead jump off five. It is not the defensive coaching. It's not the head coach, it's not the management, it's not the other ten players. One guy just had a brain part, and that's what happens.
Speaker 1: Look, you made a point just a second ago about talent on this defense. So I went down the current defensive roster, and I'm just looking at guys that if I'm thinking I want to get this thing straight for next year, I'm going to keep. I came up with Dax Hill, Chris Jenkins because he's young, Trey Hendrickson obviously, DJ Turner, Logan Wilson, and that's it, because you've got.
Speaker 2: You have.
Speaker 3: BJ Hill.
Speaker 1: Is an unrestricted free agent, Mike Hilton's an unrestricted free agent. Joseph A. Side is an unrestricted free agent. Other than the names I've mentioned, I can't think of anyone else that I would look at and say, you know what, let's keep that guy because they're going to help us get better next year. Is there anyone I missed on this list?
Speaker 2: No, And let's dig deeper into that. You picked maybe five. But of those five who are real elite players, those guys may you may say I'll keep them. But some of those guys with the exception of trade. Those are not elite guys. Those are guys that can be on your ball club and they can play some good roles, don't get me wrong, but those guys are not playmakers. They're not impact players on defense. You have one impact player in that entire defensive roster, Trey Henderson. That's it. There's not another impact player on that defense. Yet, there are some guys that can give you some services. There's some guys that can feel hole, there's no question about that, and there's room for those guys on a roster. But you need four to five impact players opposed to just four or five players that, hey, they can be on the team. Sure they can be on the team, but they're not doing anything. And that's where the problem lies. On the defensive side of the ball. They put the money on the offense, and I want every single fan to no one understands when they signed Goburrow and when they sign when they're keeping the money in the piggy bank for Jamar Chase, because he's going to break it if they're able to sign t Higgins, which I doubt very seriously. You only allow a certain amount of money and you let your talent go away. Your talent is playing on other teams, and you're suffering. You're suffering for the decisions that you made in the last two to three seasons. Now you're suffering. So you know, the window of opportunity not only is probably closed, but to shave this halfway closed too well.
Speaker 1: Listen, I went through their drafts and we'll leave twenty twenty four aside because it's tough to judge Chris Jenkins or McKinley Jackson or Josh Newton. Who knows.
Speaker 3: They may be.
Speaker 1: Impact players, but this is their first year. Twenty twenty one, third round, Josephi, fourth round, Cam Sample, fourth round, Tyler Shelvin. Have any of those players had an impact on this team?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty two Dax Hill, CTV, Zach Carter, and Tyson Anderson. Of those four that they drafted defensive players other than Zach Hill or I'm sorry, Dak Hill, Dax Hill, they really haven't. Cam Taylor britt Is. I think a giant disappointment that interception yesterday should have been past interference. Twenty twenty three, twenty twenty three, Miles Murphy, where's that guy been? Turner again? I like Turner he's fast, and it's unfortunate he's hurt. And they got Jordan Battle in the third round, and Battle has been a spot starter up until the last week or two. So I they You're right, they overspend on offense or they have to spend on offense, and then they try to build through the draft on defense. Well, my contention is they haven't drafted anything on defense since twenty twenty one. You line up the four to eight, eleven, fourteen names I mentioned, eleven of those players you could look at right now and say they're either a bust or they're in route to being a bust. So they've got to figure out a way to draft defensive players if they don't want to put any money into the defense.
Speaker 3: Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: No, You're absolutely correct. You have to draft better. Those guys got to be more impact players, There's no question about it. But do you have a system. Here's where things get really complicated. When the window, the Provilio window of opportunity is open, you are drafting to fill gaps, and that's typically a player here or spot here for depth. You're not drafting per se because again you're you're played in the Super Bowl three years ago, so you're not drafting in the first part of the first round. So all you got to do is look at the draft at as a whole and go, Okay, Yes, when the big old draft first, they draft Joe Burrow. When they draft high, they draft T.
Speaker 4: Higgins.
Speaker 2: When they draft high on offense, they get eight I mean, I'm sorry, Jamar Chase, and then they get a T.
Speaker 3: Higgins.
Speaker 2: So when you look at him, they're very successful on the offensive side. But defense you got to develop. And when you're not picking in the top ten players, you're not picking from the top ten player. You got to develop those guys. And you know Lou coach Lou omaran Omarama has the system. We know that that's proven. He is one hell of a coach. But I'm pretty sure if you were to interview him, he would tell you I could if he could speak very openly and honestly, I don't have a lot of talent to deal with because you saw the before effects when he didn't have the talent defitive defense. You saw the effects of when he did have their talent, and now you're saying where it goes back where he just don't have the talent to produce so people lore your expectations. The offense can score forty points, but the Pittsburgh Stills can score forty one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And another thing, tim this team seems to chase its own philosophy. It's almost like a dog chasing its tail. How many years have they been They give up on players a year or two before that player is really ineffective, or a year or two when they believe that that player is at a gas. They've been trying since twenty seventeen to replace Andrew Whitworth. They've been trying since twenty twenty three to replace Jesse Bates. They've been last year Dj Reider, who had three sacks by the way for the Lions against the Bears the other night. Joe Mixon has had seven one hundred yard games this year, including Sunday. So it just seems like that they try to outthink themselves a little bit with veteran players or don't want to pay those veteran players.
Speaker 3: But any one of.
Speaker 1: The Whitworth, They've tried to replace him through the draft and through free agency. They might have gotten it right finally, but look at that much much funny they had to spend to get themselves to that point. I think there's a there's a philosophical problem there with veteran players and understanding that those veteran players right now, although you know Whitworth is certainly you know past gone bou By, he's doing well. But DJ Reider on this team, Joe Mixon on this team, how much of a different Jesse Bates on this team. How much difference would that have made for this team this season? I think it would be an innumerable amount of differences it would have made. But they don't. They just simply don't believe in it.
Speaker 2: If you could just keep the gang together, the gang will grow, they will continue to deal. The sad part about this, as we sit here and analyze it, is the Bengals had cap room to do it, So it's inexcusable to say they didn't have the dollars to do it. They chose not to do it for whatever reason. But where it affected them and continues to affect them the most is on the defensive side out of the football. Now, if we are when we go back Kenny and we look at the beginning of the season where t Higgins did not play, now we will not have the offensive show that we're used to, and more than likely T Higgins will not be here simply because if he's free, someone's going to pay him. He's going to set the market for Jamar Chase. Don't get me wrong, Jamar Chase is not going to set the market for T.
Speaker 4: Higgins.
Speaker 2: He is going to set the mark. So they're going to be best friends. And here they're going to be in a situation where he can call Jamar and go, hey, man, I've been offered one hundred and twenty. Jamar will sit tight and go, okay, I'm getting one thirty Okay, well I'm gonna get one thirty five. So the Bengals have you know, they they're renaming the movie All the Wrong Moves when they comes to free agency. They're making a huge mistakes in another movie is to be a sequence where All the Wrong Moves is going to be the title. They've got to get better in the When I say front office, whoever deciding on two or not to retain certain free agents, they are just man, they're striking out. I mean they're just striking out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think all these people.
Speaker 1: By the way, we're chatting with Tim McGee, the Magnificent Number eighty five. I think all these people that are running around today yappin or on social media to fire lou Ana Roumo, where Zach Taylor is gonna get fired. Hey, that's not happening. It's not gonna happen. Well, yes, they fired an assistant coach midseason. He happened to be the defensive coordinator for the Steelers. On the other sideline yesterday, that would be Taro Austin. But the team doesn't do that. And my guess would be that down deep, somebody, Duke Tobin, somebody has to understand the reason why this is happening on defense isn't because of coaching. It's because of talent, as you mentioned. And I saw the camera go on Anna rom immediately after Fields ran those seven yards and in essence ended the ballgame, and he was you could just tell like how many times do I have to say this? So those people aren't getting fired. I don't know why people think that's going to solve everything. It's not going to solve anything, is it.
Speaker 2: Well, people want a quick fix, Well, Cincinnati Bingle fans, there is none. This thing is has more holes than you can patch right now, and luckily they are still planned, they're still playing hard, they're still fighting. Okay, remember everybody, we have this high bar. But they did play the team that was winning the AFC North, so it's not like they were playing the Caroline of Panthers and their laws. So are we the quality team that we were hoping for coming into the year. No, But these guys are still planning. That defense is still scrapped. Again, You've got to have talent in this league. And for the people that are so naive to understand the think a defensive cord or a defensive back coach. They put you in the position, they put you in the hole, they put you they line you up, They tell you what's going to happen. They tell you, look, when this guy goes this way, this is what's going to happen. They go through it over and over and over, and I can't tell you how many, maybe one hundred, two hundred times you go over in the film room. But then in the game they cannot play for you. So again, the Justice Field's situation play was a perfect, unfortunately, a perfect example of I put you in the right place, and I told you what was going to happen, and then the player turns and looks at the coach and goes.
Speaker 3: Sorry, my bad, Well you just lost.
Speaker 4: You got another l.
Speaker 1: So it's the coaches, no coach, I you know, I just you know, you talk about window of opportunity. I think the feeling is, you know, we got Burrow. Burrow can fix every problem we have, and it just it is. It isn't that way. It isn't. Well, it's good hearing your voice again, Tim McGee, And I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, and I hope that Christmas is going to be a good time for you, because that's all I want for you, because you're one of the good guys, Timmy. You always have me. I think you always will. I appreciate your time here today.
Speaker 2: I appreciate too, Kenny. Thanks for the compliments. And you're just the most classy guy I know. And I sure appreciate your brother.
Speaker 3: You must not know a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I know a lot, man.
Speaker 3: Thank you, my friend. We'll talk down the right briend.
Speaker 1: Tim McGee, I love him, I do, and he was just a joy to cover when he played for the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I know a lot of people have worn number.
Speaker 1: Eighty five, but nobody better than that guy. It's coming up on twelve twenty six. Yeah, it is what it is. It is what it was, and what it was was not good nor what it should be. But that's the way it is. Twelve twenty six, News Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, the untudged forest, the princesses on pins and needles, waiting to meet her favorite radio duo Eddie and Rookie.
Speaker 1: This is exciting ten times better than when I met that Bill Cunningham guy.
Speaker 3: Justin Eddie and Rocky emerged from behind a bush. Hello, Princess, I'm Eddie and I'm Rocky.
Speaker 5: Really, absolutely the guys from the radio show.
Speaker 3: That's us.
Speaker 6: Well, you sound taller on the air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not like I've heard that before, and more handsome.
Speaker 5: We've heard that too, Eddie and Rocky this afternoon at three.
Speaker 3: On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: He only investing in truly being a fiduciary are the cornerstones that court into financial planning and wealth.
Speaker 1: Monday, Joe Biden parted his son Hunter last night, and it's a time swath of from twenty fourteen to now in twenty twenty four not just for what he was indicted and convicted on but for anything that Hunter Biden might have done anything. That's how sweeping this is, and part of his announcement yesterday he said Biden said that the pardon by his son was due because he was selectively and unfairly prosecuted. Hunter was treated differently from people who commit similar crimes. He said that was a big old wet kiss on the side at Donald Trump's cheek. We'll explain here in just a second, but it's my contention that Joe Biden is the worst president of my lifetime. In fact, I think you can make a case that Joe Biden is probably the second worst president in the history of this country, right behind James Buchanan, who led this country into the Civil War. In his less than four years in office, Joe Biden has botched the withdrawal from Afghanistan, which left thirteen Americans dead, seventy five billion dollars worth of equipment for the talentman to take over. Because of that, he let Russia invade Ukraine and then by the way ocade using missiles made in the United States against Russia. He spent our tax money and spent it absolutely wildly. Inflation peaking just under twenty percent he opened the southern border. Eleven million illegals are in this country. He failed to anticipate Hamas's attack of Israel. He funded Iran by freeing up sixteen billion with a B dollars for Iran in frozen assets, and he waged war on fossil fuel, doubling the gas prices of what they were when he took office from Donald Trump. Last night, he pardoned his son, and this is just months down the road from saying he would not do it.
Speaker 6: With regard to the question regarding the family, I'm extremely proud of my son Hunter. He has overcome an addiction. He's one of the brightest, most decent men I know. And I am satisfied that I'm not gonna do anything I said. I advided by the jury decision. I will do that, and I will not partner him.
Speaker 1: Joe Biden began his presidency by saying he would not mandate vaccines against COVID nineteen. He would not if you work for the government or you are a member of the military. You know what that was like. So he began his presidency with a lie, and apparently he is ending his presidency with a lie. After partning his son standing by to join the conversation as doctor Frank Sorrentino. He is the author of Presidential Power and the American Political System. He is also a doctorate of all of this and more. You can find him on doctor Frankmsorentino dot com. Doctor Sorrentino, How are you on this glorious Monday.
Speaker 4: I'm doing wonderful. How are you, ken?
Speaker 3: I'm well?
Speaker 1: Am I incorrect in saying that Joe Biden and James Buchanan would probably fight it out for the worst president in the history of the United State dates?
Speaker 8: Well, I think he could make a great taste for that, and he could also maybe include Woodrow Wilson for a variety of other reasons. But certainly there's some competition there.
Speaker 1: I said that Joe Biden delivered a big, fat, wet one to the cheek of Donald Trump by doing this, because, in essence, he said that the judicial process and in effect his Department of Justice unfairly and selectively prosecuted his son. Well, four years down the road, five years down the road, what's to prevent Donald Trump from saying the same thing about himself and pardoning himself. Oh and by the way, what about all of those January sixth, people that have been locked up for the last three years, some of whom all they were were wrong place at wrong time. Why now is their pardon or some of their pardons out of the question? I think at this point Joe Biden has really turned his own political party upon its head. Am I wrong?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 8: I think this is certainly a gift to Donald Trump. And perhaps the most important thing is it highlights the duplicity and the dual systems of justice that have existed in the United States for the last few years. You have to remember that the Biden presidency began with a lie, and the lie was that the laptop that was uncovered was rushing disinformation, and that Anthony B. Lincoln, who was working at the Biden Center and was going to be the Secretary of State designee if Biden had won, had arranged for intelligence officers to claim that it had all the hall bops of rushing disinformation. This is a very very damaging blow to Biden's reputation because now people will see that it begins with a lie, it ends with a lie, and this pardon is as much for Joe Biden as it is for Hunter Biden.
Speaker 1: I always had the suspicion, Doctor, I always had the suspicion that Joe Biden was out for Joe Biden, I never really thought there was anything that was ahead of his own personal or his family's gain, whether it be financial or otherwise. But I have a sneaking suspicion, as you well know, in Washington, d C. And I worked there for four years, that if Washington DC is nothing, it's about a deal. Let's make a deal, Let's get a deal done. And so when Nancy Pelosi went to Joe Biden and basically created a coup inside the Democrat Party to get him to drop out of the presidential race and install Kamala Harris, I have a sneaking suspicion that part of that deal was Biden said to her, Okay, I'll play your game, but I pardon my son. I would not be surprised if that was part of the deal, would you.
Speaker 4: Certainly?
Speaker 8: I think the belief was that if Kamala Harris had won, that she would do the deed rather than Joe, because it would be politically look better under those circumstances. But I don't think anybody ever believed Joe Biden when he said he wouldn't pardon his son if it came that that was the only option left. And since the record of Joe Biden was going to be problematic for whoever ran as a Democrat in twenty twenty four it seemed inevitable that in the winding days of the Biden administration he would execute not only a pardon for the crimes that he was convicted of, but of all possible crimes that he was not convicted of. And going back to twenty fourteen, which is the year that Hunter Biden started working at Barisma, after Joe Biden was given the portfolio of the Obama administration to deal with Ukraine, and they're revolved with the coup. They evolved with the change of government. And this has been a source of great revenue to the Biden family and to a large degree to many other people in Washington who received large campaign donations as a result. So there is a real corruption here. But I think there's the point I guess I want to make the most is Hunter Biden was a minor figure. He was the bag man, if you will, for the family. And you have to think of what father would allow his son to be used in such a demeaning manner, with all of the political ramifications and legal ramifications. But this was for the benefit of the Biden family and of Joe Biden in particular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that, I think you're dead on. I think that that was all part of it. But yet he continued to keep up the charade, and he continued to trot out his press secretary to deny it and deny it. And if if I was Kareem John Pierre, I would have resigned today because he made her look like a fool. But of course she won't. She's got, you know, government pensions and all that, and she can still add on to that for the next five or six weeks. But I also had a sneaking suspicion that Trump was going to pardon Hunter Biden. And I don't know why, but I think that I think he wants to. He's been extending olive branches, and I think he might have. It might not have been the sweeping twenty fourteen to twenty sixteen, twenty fourteen to twenty twenty four. It might have just been for what he was convicted of. But Hunter Biden was scheduled to be sentenced for both of these both his tax charges and his illegal purchase of a firearm. He was both his schedule will be sentenced for both here in the next couple of weeks. And if you just do the math, most of the times you're sentenced to a federal crime, if you're not taken away immediately, you have a finite number of days to report to the federal pen And my guess is is that Biden didn't want to see his kid behind bars. He didn't want to be left to Trump whether or not Trump was going to do it or not, and so that's why he stepped in now and made the decision. But he also said that he decided over this past weekend. I don't think there's any truth to that at all. I think this thing's been in the works for a while, don't you.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 8: I think it was always there. The idea that this was done on the spur of the moment, the reflection of Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: That's hard to believe.
Speaker 8: These are calculating political figures. The advantages that Hunter Biden had, and he always used it even when he was defighting the subpoena in Congress, was that he knew his father was president, could partner him and He also knew that the Attorney General, Merrick Glin was never going to prosecute him. But they, let's say, prosecuted Steve Bannon or Peter Navarro for not showing up. And the committee that Davarro and Bannon was an illegally constituted committee, so one had significant objections, and there was the notion of executive privilege that could have also been put forward. But what we see here was an act of arrogance. So he knew that he could operate with impunity, and he was not charged with fara, he was not charged with money laundering, he was not charged with intimidation. There were a whole series of charges that the statue of limitations had expired on and David Weise, who was appointed during the Trump administration, was really a very sympathetic to the Delaware political community because there were no real Republicans there and so the two Democratic senators had to approve, and they had arranged for a deal when he pleaded guilty to the gun charges that he would be well, this was the deal before the trial, that he would be immune from all other prosecutions. We're seeing here is an act of corruption that has always exists but is now open and it's an ugly sore that the public can see. And this probably does as much damage to Joe Biden than all of the other activities he's done during.
Speaker 1: His fath I don't think he cares, to be honest with you. I think at the end of it all, the only he cares about it seems like his money and how much money can we make as a family, and you know anything else. You know, he probably figures I'll be dead and gone and they can say whatever they want. But history will not treat this guy kindly. I can tell you that if there's anything that's written objectively about history anymore, this guy is not going to stand the test of that of that time, not at all. Chatting with a presidential historian, doctor Frank M. Sorrentino, I got a couple of about a minute and a half here, doctor handicapped Trump's cabinet. Which one of the members do you think has any trouble or do you think they'll all cruise to they'll all cruise to confirmation when they all come before the Senate for advice and consent.
Speaker 8: Well, I think there are a few that are going to have some issues. Certainly Pete hegsead. Some of the charges against him are ugly, certainly having sexual relations while married.
Speaker 4: His mother came out called him a sexual.
Speaker 8: Dediot. That's not good when your mom is against you. But the one that I worry about the.
Speaker 4: Most is Tulsey Gabbert.
Speaker 8: I think she's an honest broker, but she went against so many powerful influences, her opposition to the.
Speaker 4: War in Ukraine, but more importantly.
Speaker 8: Her opposition to the war the Cia war in Syria, in which the United States was supporting both sides of the battle. She became the Sadoan, glided within the Democratic Party and had a bullseye on her.
Speaker 4: I mean, even people.
Speaker 8: Like Elizabeth Warren is engaged Union that she's a tool of the Russian government. I don't believe that for a moment.
Speaker 3: The same thing. I mean, it doesn't stick.
Speaker 8: Number one accuser, but this is she is vulnerable, and I think when you have a small Republican majority fifty three votes, you lose three votes, four votes, four votes.
Speaker 4: You're gone.
Speaker 8: And I'm not sure she will make it. And then the last one would be Cash Patel, who's not technically a member of the cabinet, but he would be the head of the FBI. Many people see him as a Trump loyalist.
Speaker 4: And while that's.
Speaker 8: Okay in some of the other positions, as the head of the f the eye which has been politicized, but will necessarily picked someone who's a loyalist. He's smart, he's articulate, he's had experience, but I think his nomination will also be in jeopardy.
Speaker 1: All right, well, doctor Sorrentino, we appreciate your weighing in with us today on the partner and all this other stuff. You know, I love having you on the show again. You can find him at doctor Frank Msorrentino dot com in his book Again, which I have read and actually bought and given to other people because I just think it's great presidential power and the American political system. It is out there right now where you can find books, which is basically like Amazon. But anyway, doctor Sorrentino, great talking with you, and we'll visit again down the road.
Speaker 4: Thanks well, thank you so much. It's always a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Ken thank you coming up on twelve fifty five. Yeah, you think you would have been pardoned if you had those felony convictions hanging over your head. I think old Joe would have called you up said Hey, I'm just calling from DC, and you know, I saw what's going on, and yeah, I think they're selectively and unfairly prosecuting you. I'm going to pardon you. You stand by the phone and wait for that. One News Radio seven hundred WLW. It's a three hour hoody hodown with Dave Lacklan, Lynce McAllister and your favorite Orange and Black player.
Speaker 3: It's Bengos Live.
Speaker 1: Tonight at six on seven hundred WOW.
Speaker 3: Home of the best Bengos covering view.
Speaker 5: The holidays mean more travel, more shopping, and more personal info in more places that could expose you more to identity theft. That's why LifeLock monitors millions of data points every second. If your identity stolen, their US based restoration specialists will fix it guaranteed or your money back. Don't face drained accounts, fraudulent loans, or financial losses alone. Get more holiday fun and less holiday worry with LifeLock. Save up to forty percent your first year with promo code Clave is at LifeLock dot com.
Speaker 3: Terms apply.
Speaker 1: If someone were afraid of the dentists, maybe they haven't been in a lot all right, Welcome back one AWAIT News Radio seven hundred WTWLW the average American and for the great American. Glad you are with us on this Monday, Cyber Monday. We'll see what kind of records are broken today as people flocked to the internet for bargains. In fact, I was just reading this about an hour or two ago, that they're expecting they being you know, the major retailers are expecting a box office business again this year. Gallup has a survey out that said shoppers plan to spend more than one thousand dollars on holiday gifts this year, which is a robust number considering we are still in the midst of fighting inflation, high gas prices and other things like that. And so maybe it's the fact that there is a regime change coming in Washington, that Donald Trump is going to be back in the White House, and that Congress is now controlled both houses by the Republicans. Maybe something else going on here. And when there's something else going on economically, we like to turn to a good guest with this program. He is a CPA and money manager, and he is a tell it like it is guy, and that's our good buddy Bill Dendy, Bill, how are you on this glorious Monday.
Speaker 9: Man, It's great to be with you. It seems like everybody in the office here is shopping online, and they must be doing that at everybody's office, because, you know, the retailers are all excited that Black Friday just was particularly good.
Speaker 3: Black.
Speaker 9: I mean they made profits. You know, they call Black Friday Black Friday because for some retailers is when they finally go from operating in the red and deficits to finally making a profit. They really count these last usually six weeks or so of the year. It's a little trunk head this year, but so far, so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have a week less time to shop in between Thanksgiving and Christmas Thanksgiving for later in the calendar. Bill, I'm just wondering, do you place any any logic in the theory that because of the regime change and that you know, the markets and financially as a country, we tend to do better under Republicans than Democrats. Do you place any logic in that theory?
Speaker 9: Yes, And I think a lot of people don't think it all the way through. But I do believe people feel good right now. I feel that people feel good. Even those who said, but I voted for the other side, Well, they feel good when they look at their investment statements, when they go to work and they realize, yeah, they still got a job. It's not like companies are laying off in droves like they were. They're not hiring in droves either. It's kind of like we're If you got a job, it's pretty comfortable now. If you don't have a job, it's taking longer to find another one. But those who have jobs are feeling like, I'm okay, I'm going to have a job in January, in February and things. Inflation has been a beating, but I'm getting used to it, and I'm feeling good because my portfolio value has all jumped up over the last couple of months. So my four to oh one K is looking good, my IRA is looking good, and some of that moved up because of the administration change, because people believe that the Republicans are going to be able to go ahead and lower corporate tax rates, which will leave earnings directly for corporations, which leads to higher stock prices, as well as deregulation, which leads to more corporate profit which leads to higher stock prices. So I think people are seeing the results already and it's that happy feeling. It's given them confidence to go ahead and pull out that credit card and spend the money this holiday season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these last five weeks of calendar year twenty twenty four. Unless something drastic changes. Those who are you know, have financial portfolios and whatnot, they're doing well.
Speaker 3: The Dow is up, it.
Speaker 1: Is kissing forty five thousand, which it's not that long ago. During COVID, we know it was down in the teens s and p is up today again it's over six thousand. These are high territories. But I get pushback sometimes from people that say, well, wait a minute, and I don't have any financial investments. I don't own stock, I don't have a four to oh one k. And my answer to them is, Okay, that's your choice, by job choice or by savings. But understand that someone above you, most notably the people that own the company or the business you work for, they're beholden to what happens financially, and if they're not doing well, chances are you're out the door. Or if they are doing well, chances are you're in line for a nice raise. So all of this stuff that may sound like Wall Street gibberish, it really isn't. It comes right back down to the average guy walking around the streets here in the greater Cincinnati area. Does it not?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 9: And I know it's difficult for some people to see the connections, but I would you rather live in an area where people are employed and prosperous in doing well, even if I'm not doing as well personally, because in that type of environment you have more generosity, you have more giving, you have more positive activity, and you have more opportunities. And so even if I was just getting started, my young son is twenty two years old and he's graduating this year from college, talking about well, maybe this isn't a great time, I'm like, gosh, unemployment rates are low, science is great, expansion is wonderful. There's a lot of reason.
Speaker 10: To be positive.
Speaker 9: And I think that the connections are sometimes lost on those who feel disenfranchised or not franchised yet or not directly impacted. But they are directly impacted. And the ability to finish up a college year and the ability to be deciding on what you're going to do next and have that leisure and not having to go take whatever job comes your way because you have to make ends meet, because a family needs money is a blessing that I think a lot of folks, maybe a whole generation, is missed out on. But we should remember to be grateful to enjoy this time because we do know that markets do run in cycles. I do think that on personal level, we shouldn't get complacent during times like this, but certainly enjoy the good time while we have.
Speaker 1: We're not just talking about a feeling here. This is backed up by stats. US consumer confidence increased to a sixteen month high in November, largely over optimism in the labor market, lower inflation, and also because of what happened in the election about a month ago. And you mentioned your son, who's twenty two. I'm looking in the same report. There's confidence, a real rise in confident, confidence in what we're doing here where we may be going from an economic standpoint, and it's being led by the under thirty five crowd. And if I'm under thirty five, you know, I may have debt from college, I might not be working in my chosen profession. I might not be using my degree the way I wanted to want to use it. I might not be working at all, but if I am under thirty five years old and I'm looking at this, it seems like there is at that age group a lot of confidence as to where this country is going. And to me, that means more than if you're in that twenty five to fifty four group, or maybe the thirty five to fifty four group, because they're already established. It's the younger crowd that normally has the difficulty gaining traction early on in their careers, so this is really good news for them.
Speaker 9: This is positive for them, and an expanding economy is a positive thing for them, and the idea that we're going to have policies to keep it expanding. Its positive for those who are looking for the opportunities to get started and to make the market, and even for those who are mid career looking to move forward. Expansion generally is a very positive thing.
Speaker 1: The one thing I do see here that's a red flag is the housing market. I see here plans to buy a new home drop sharply over the next six months. Mortgage rates certainly have not come down the way we would have hoped they would have come down, despite what the FED is doing at the national level. I know the two aren't directly linked to each other, but there is a residual effect. And new home sales were down almost ten percent October to October twenty three to twenty four, So I'm just wondering. They always say the housing market is a leading indicator of where we're going. This would seem to run concurrently to what we've been talking about about consumer confidence being up. What about the housing market? Where do you see that going well?
Speaker 9: It may still be a challenge for the housing market. And the interest rates did come down, the FED drop the FED guns rates by fifty basis points and again by another twenty five based points in November, and the Fed plans to continue to reduce that. But they may be running headlong with expansionary policies which tend to be inflationary, which may prevent them from continuing on with the planned reductions, which is not good for the housing market. It means that those sort of your mortgages may not decrease. Then we already saw that they decreased a little bit and then came back up, so housing can may continue to be a problem. It may be still an impediment to growth. But in addition, young people not wanting to buy. It's kind of interesting. It seems like the younger generation is not buying the homes as quickly as previous generations. Fact, they didn't drive their vehicles as quickly as previous generations. They're not getting married as quickly, they're not having their children as quickly and all that may not be a negative, but it does cause economists to scratch ahead and reifine, is the housing market and all that it needs to still the indicator.
Speaker 3: That it used to be for economic growth? Yeah it is. That's an interesting thought.
Speaker 1: And you know, there is a genuine lack of rental property in this country. And again I'm thinking more entrepreneur than anything else. If I really wanted to invest in something, you know, rental property would not be a bad thing to invest in. I think you can make as a rent error, you can make a lot of money, and a rentee would then have an option to maybe move into that kind of housing long before they're ready to or desire to on a home. I think that might be that might be untapped revenue for a lot of this under thirty five crowd.
Speaker 3: What do you think it's very positive.
Speaker 9: But keep in mind that it's not easy passive income all the time. It's if you'll put your labor and your intelligence with your money, you should make a better return than a passive investment ever could. And I think that's generally the case. For those who will take the time and put their labor and their intelligence with their dollars, they should do well. And things properly purchased and managemental properties can sure do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great point. Bill Dendy always great catching up with you.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 1: You speak truth and you can find Bill at Raymond James dot com. Bill dot Dandy at Raymond James dot com. And whenever we need somebody just to bring a little clarity to things like that, we go to you.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 1: Thanks for your time. We appreciate it. Stay well, Okay, God bless you.
Speaker 9: Always a pleasure to be with you.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Look, if the under thirty five crowd is confident, that's something because of all the challenges that I just laid out about that particular age group, the boomers, they've either made it or they haven't made it at this point. And even as you get back into the millennials and the Genet even in back to gen X, it's you know, you're pretty much at a position right now where you can still do something about it, but it's going to be more difficult than it would be for the gen Z crowd if they're confident as to where this is going. This is good news for all of us anyway. Everybody seems to be up on the balls of their feet today and that's good. Maybe it's because of the Thanksgiving holiday. Maybe it's because Christmas is on the horizon. Onnica's on the horizon, New Year's is on the horizon. It's certainly not because of the Bengals. One twenty one News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: The closure of the Big Mac Bridge has turned commutes into nightmares. But now you have a time saving alternatives. Bob's bass Boat Transport sid Bloe Park at the Covington Land and let Bob Motor boats you across the river in mere minutes, no backups, no congestion, no headaches. Ask about Bob's premier service, which includes a Saint chrishion and coffee and your commuting nightmare. Turn your nightmare commute into a dream with Bob's Bass Boat Transport.
Speaker 12: Hey if you're like most Americans, you have a ton of debt and you're paying insane interest.
Speaker 1: Well, guess who's in the news again?
Speaker 3: Come on, how was I seek?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 3: Those were the days she was prancing around.
Speaker 1: MTVS, sticking the navel out, just.
Speaker 3: Trying to sing.
Speaker 1: Britney Spears is celebrating her forty third birthday to day. Oh but it's not just any celebration, No, no.
Speaker 3: No, no.
Speaker 1: There was a court in California that gave her a birthday present because she was declared legally single today, seven months after her divorce from now ex husband sam Ashcary is finalized in Los Angeles back in May. And today the court wrapped the gavel and he said, guessing it was a my mind men as she said, judge, who knows?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But he wrapped the gabble and said, you are freeing clear. So that's three marriages up, three marriages down for Britney Spears. Apparently it was all amicable pre not not challenge, and she, according to People magazine, is flexing her freedom and is moving on. She's let a rough life. Well, I mean, she had all that stardom. This song was number one in the country twenty five years ago, back in nineteen ninety nine. But she's she's led apparently tough life. I mean, there were all kinds of drama going on in her life outside of her romances in marriage. But nevertheless, happy birthday to Britney Spears and she's back on the market. Boys, So decreed by judge today in Los Angeles. Look, it's it's cold. Everybody knows it's cold. Well, it's thirty two degrees out there right now, and that's the high we're going to get today.
Speaker 3: Kind of depressing, isn't it.
Speaker 1: You've reached your high and it's not even one thirty cool, if not downright cold tonight nineteen for the load tomorrow more the same thirty four. We may see the sun twenty four tomorrow night up into the forties on Wednesday, but the rest of the week looks like twenty eight and third and the thirties and maybe maybe maybe kissing fifty one week from today.
Speaker 3: But right now, thirty.
Speaker 1: Two degrees at the Tri State Severe Weather Station News Radio seven hundred WLW, All right, stand by, the Stooge report is coming up next, and then then at two six today we all know it was a big deal in the last in the election, just last month. Immigration, illegal immigration, and now what's Donald Trump going to do about it? He's unleashed Tom Homan, at least in the media to say he's going to do this, He's going to do that. But what do you really think he's going to be able to accomplish? And what happens when when the leading hearts in the media decide they're going to show pick jures of fathers being ripped away from their families, leaving aside for the moment that the fought may be here illegally and may have committed a crime that of course is just mere details to the media. What do you think that's going to do to curtail Trump and being able to deport some of these people that shouldn't be here in the first place.
Speaker 3: We'll dive into that.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned, it's action packed until three o'clock on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: I know, and I am satisfied that I'm not going to do anything I said, I advied by the jury decision. I will do that and I will not partner him.
Speaker 13: His son, Hunter is also up for being sentenced next month.
Speaker 14: Does the President have any intention of pardoning him.
Speaker 7: We've been asked that question multiple times. Our answer stands, which is.
Speaker 13: Now seven times the President would not pardon or community sentences for his son Hunter. I just want to make sure that is not going to change field to the next six months. The President's say they would not.
Speaker 9: Still, it's still a no.
Speaker 3: It's still and will always It's still a no.
Speaker 1: It will be a no.
Speaker 11: It is a no.
Speaker 3: And I don't have anything else to add.
Speaker 7: Will he pardon his son?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: And have you ruled out a pardon for your son?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Hello, quiet, and I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Seg over your time here at w l W. Everybody knows you've committed several major transgressions, and I'm just here to tell you that I have consulted with the management here after very lengthy discussions over the last four or five days, and they have commissioned me to issue you a pardon for everything that you might or may not have done in your time at the Big One. Well, thank you, ken Brew. So you don't have to worry about prison time when it's all done, okay, because I wouldn't want to see you go someplace like chuck a copy or maybe it goes.
Speaker 12: To Ohio's first capital though, Well if at that home of famous Alison Wyatt news cast for Extraordinary.
Speaker 1: Well, they also have an incarceration facility there, or Sue, maybe Levenworth. They wouldn't want to see you go to Levenworth or Attica. I wouldn't want to do that. What the yeah? I just want to see you live out your final years in peace, thank you?
Speaker 12: Ken Brew now seg how about that? How about that? And that's not getting any hull of balloo? What if that's the Trumpster? Are they going to pardon him?
Speaker 1: Well, it's opened the door for the Trumpster to pardon himself. I mean, it's open for the Trumpster to part in all those j sixers, right, don't uh?
Speaker 3: I mean now?
Speaker 12: And then you know they're they're the Democrats are probably going to go crazy if that happens. Well, and then it's like, well wait a minute, you said you weren't going to pardon your kid. Now all of a sudden, Yeah, I will anything anything to do with that. Tell all book that the Big H is apparently writing.
Speaker 1: Well it may be, but all I know is Joe Biden began his presidency with a lie when he said there would be no mandated vaccines. And he's ending it with a lie when he said he would not pardon his son. So that's about all you need to know about the last four years.
Speaker 12: Ken Brew, the stood Reporters, the proud service of your local Tamestar Heating and air conditioning dealers.
Speaker 3: Temestar quality you.
Speaker 1: Can feel in beautiful Northern Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Call any weather Heating and air at.
Speaker 12: Eight five nine, seven, eight, one forty eight twenty two hard and you need that right now, ken Brew. You need a temestar who needed gold. It's it's not going to get warmer anytime soon.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 12: No Bengals update brought to you by good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town. Let's get there. It's where they should have went before and after the game. It might have thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky your tailgate headquarters. Yeah, let's see, uh four and eight now, ken Brew? And what three percent chance now of making the playoffs? Let me let me clarify that zero zero? Oh okay, now it's up to zero. Okay, five and twenty yards they allowed to Steelers.
Speaker 1: Do you know how hard that is? Say rudle me this. Yeah, okay, they're coming out of the two minute warning. Right, Justin Fields is on the field, correct, What does Justin Fields do more often than not run for first downs? Fingo, Yeah, So you know that Justin Fields isn't in there to whale the ball down field to George Pickens. You know, Justin Fields isn't in there to hand off the Nasei Harris, He's gonna do something with it, and he takes off the entire tri State was screaming, He's gotta run the ball. And of course what does he do? Runs the ball first down? And that's the name of that story.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I had Tim McGear with me about an hour and a half ago. He said, there is one guy on that defense that had been charged with spying on Justin Fields. And apparently, whoever that guy is, didn't do his job, that's for sure. I like to know who that guy. Not too many of them did. Yesterday. You looked at lou Ana Roumo immediately after that play. It was like a guy whose kid had just banged his car into the mailbox at the end of the driveway when he told the kid watch out for the mailbox at the end of the driveway. That's what that look looked like.
Speaker 12: More on Bengals Line about that tonight at six five right here on seven hundred WLW and up next, ken Brew a Monday Night Football special in the Big D this Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's nothing special about that game.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 12: Cleveland and Denver tonight. Yeah, they are getting the really good ones on Monday Night Football Denver, Denver's pretty good. Eight o'clock on ESPN fifteen to thirty. College football. The Miami RedHawks getting ready for the MAC Championship game set for Saturday against against the ou Bob Kats and Detroit America's team, and Brett Gabert today named the Mid American Conference Offensive Player of the Week for they win over Bowling Green eighteen to twenty eight for two hundred and fifty five yards and three touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Miami rolls into Motown. You know that, You know, Miami beat the battling Bobcats in the regular Caesar True, that's correct. You know they often say this in Athens. They say, fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice. You'll be the first.
Speaker 3: We'll find out. What happens.
Speaker 12: They say, Big ten is find Michigan and Ohio State one hundred thousand dollars each for those roles. In Saturday's postgame, Melee and Columbus.
Speaker 1: What's the most fight that the Ohio State football team put up when when that flag go If they.
Speaker 12: Would have had the energy they had when during the fight during the game, they would have won sixty three to nothing.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this about all these flag planning things. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they had like they had like seven or eight fights. Rocky had one. Rocky had Florida State. In Florida, they went at it, Arizona State and Arizona. The two mascots, the one mascot beat the you know what out of the other mascot on the sideline.
Speaker 1: Rufus against Brutus all those years.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: But my point is is, what's the what are you trying to do? I'm going to because we just beat your team? It's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 1: Twelve are up at a treehouse? What are you doing?
Speaker 12: But you know what, though, Ken Brew Texas and Texas A and M. They had almost a brew Haha, that's not but the Texas team stayed on the field. Texas A and M left, So what did the Longhorns do come over and uh with their cleats, scrape up the logo in Texas A and M. If they would have done that, world War three would have started.
Speaker 1: Well, guess what, it's the SEC. So nobody will get fined.
Speaker 12: Well, they know they'll probably find them, you think so otherwa I saw on Twitter too that they said that college presidents and athletic directors got to look at the tapes, look who got into it, and and suspend their players college got into have.
Speaker 1: To take the pipes out of their mouths and thus the dandrip off their shoulders and before they do anything.
Speaker 3: And then also, you know, get the nil money. You know what.
Speaker 1: Here's here's my whole take on this. All you got to say is don't do it. And if you do it, you don't do it. But if you do it, then you're not playing next week. Any idiot that goes out there with a flag, you're playing it next week. Correct, you're going to sit out. I don't care what it costs the university. And so they're all in their faculty lounge at academia, they can just come up with this idea. Until you know, Joe Doakes, who's the athletic director. Tell your players that if they don't, they're going to get They're going to get benched next week. And then guess what you'll lose and then we'll hold you accountable.
Speaker 12: And that line and smoking and the bandit ken Brew. If you think, if you think about it, don't do it.
Speaker 3: Don't do it.
Speaker 1: Choose, but choose wisely.
Speaker 3: Then go.
Speaker 12: Good luck to Anderson against avon Thursday night for the Division two State Ohio title.
Speaker 1: What do they call now? They have a new nickname, Raptors.
Speaker 12: Raptors ok Moeler and Old in Tangi Liberty for the Division I title.
Speaker 3: Friday in Campton got a good quarterback.
Speaker 1: Kentucky should have been out there at the end of the game instead of Will Howard.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying.
Speaker 12: I'm just saying, too, Kentucky State championships. Friday Beachwood looking for a championship number one million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're every year beach Yeah, single A title.
Speaker 12: They're not playing in the two A title game. Something's wrong with America. It's not a two A title game. Bing go Saturday. Cooper is going in for the five A crown and then Ryle goes for the six eight titles. We could have possibly what five state football champions to go with our fifty soccer and volleyball champs.
Speaker 1: All I know is this, Yes, television news directors at five, nine, twelve, and nineteen are passing out because they're going to have to pay overtime to get highlights of these games. That's for sure. The only thing they hate worse than high school football championship weekend with multiple teams. The only thing news directors hate more is March madness. They'll pass out right because it's overtime. I can't any overtime. I can't can't do that, and then they don't cover it, you know, and then people ring ring ring in the newsroom then go, you know what, And I knew back in mind if they're calling spat, I'm not answering that I didn't make that decision. I wanted to send somebody, send it into Ralph wholl You know, either got to made the decision.
Speaker 12: Xavier holds off South Carolina State last night that it could have been a gimmey. But yeah, not good, not pretty. Let's see, let's see the Red bear Cat. The Bearcats six and zero are up two spots this week. The fourteenth and the ap pole. Yeah, Kentucky is fourth. Yes, Xavier is playing well. Zavid just didn't play well. Pretty right, but they played some tough teams. I think they're you know, Sean Miller does the same thing every year. Purdue was eighth. U Xaver dropped out of their number thirty three. I thought Dayton again, Dad Dayton got twenty four votes. Yukon dropped twenty three spots to twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: Well, they did not have a very good week. Plays they may. They didn't have a good time in Hawaii. Good like it. They almost got arrested from by Hawaii.
Speaker 3: Five.
Speaker 1: Oh and book them. Dano say, let's go back to the Bengals for a second. Yes, sir, here's my list of these guys that are on the defensive side of the Bengals. He here, let me. I'm gonna reel off some names here for you. These are the players that they currently have that I think they should keep. Okay, these are the only players Dax Hill like him. He's hurt, but he's not on the roster. I mean he's on the roster, but he's hurt. I keep Chris Jenkins because he's young. He's only been here for a couple of months. Twenty twenty four draft, I'll take that. Trey Hendrickson, oh yeah, top of the game. He's got a year left on his contract. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: DJ Turner he's hurt, right, he's hurt, but still I think he was coming on. And Logan Wilson and no, but I wouldn't keep anybody else. DJ Hill's an unrestricted free agent, Mike Kelton's an unrestricted free agent. Joseph Assi is an unrestricted free agent. So who knows if they can keep them. I think Logan Wilson's got a couple of more years to go on his contract. But those are the only people that I'd keep. I mean, they got as as Timmy McGee said, they got players, but they don't have difference makers on defense. Correct, And they're drafted. They're they're they're drafting these defensive players that come in. Hey, they don't make a difference. Miles Murphy. Where's Miles Murphy been? I don't know. Have you seen him? I haven't seen him at all. I don't know. I don't know what's going on. Well that's the problem. I don't think a lot of people know.
Speaker 3: What's going on.
Speaker 1: So Justin Fields yesterday said there was nothing more obvious in my life, anything in the time I've spent on this earth, than that Justin Fields was going to carry that football right on that play. And why that did not dawn on whoever was told you're the spy on Justin Fields. Why that didn't dawn on that player is beyond me. I don't know.
Speaker 3: And it just it backles.
Speaker 1: How can the Steelers get five hundred and twenty yards and Andy that that's like four games of offense. Yeah, five hundred and twenty yards. I agree, I agree, Ken Brew. I don't know. I mean, it's just a it's just a know what they say, goes through a goose. That's the way the Steelers were going through that defense, that's for sure. I'm just saying sick. I'm not saying anything that's not I know, I know you're obvious. I'm worked up about this. Reaching to the choir. CA You've got Joe Burrow. You're gonna have to pay through the nose right to keep Jamar Chase the deal last year. Now you're gonna pay even more money.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna have t Higgins next year. Nope, uh or is it and the and Chase Brown's the only running back they got right, right, And then they gave up on where he had six one hundred yard games that year and he had one on Sunday, thank you, And they draft Jermaine Burton, thinking well, there, you know that's gonna that's who's gonna replace t Higgins. That guy, I mean, I don't know where his head is at. I guess they got they had him returning kicks you yesterday. I don't know, but you've got one of, if not, the top quarterback in the NFL and one of, if not, the top wide receiver in the NFL.
Speaker 3: And you can't figure out that after.
Speaker 1: A while, it's you know, Burrow's going to take one too many hits and he might say, you know what, I don't know if I want to do this anymore. You know, you've got Jamar Chase. You know he's getting doubled every single play. People were yelling and screaming. I was watched I go on the internet part. Do you ever go on the internet? Have you seen this thing that the internet where people wanted yea all the time? Well they got this thing called Twitter. Have you heard of this thing? Yes, AA, it's unbelievable. But anyway, people were yelling and screaming. I guess there were Steeler fans about Joey Porter getting so many flags, and I'm thinking, well, I'm watching that too, But Joey Porter got four or five flags or whatever. But you know what, he probably committed a half dozen more, maybe nine more penalties that weren't called. So he's figuring, well, they're not going to catch me on every play. I'll just do these five or six plays. And you know he's neutering. He's neutering Jamar Chase and it's because they can't block.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: You know, Burrow has got a It's amazing what they can do. It's amazing what they can do on offense. But if you've got to score forty four, I'm sorry. If you've got to score forty five to beat the Steelers, a matter of fact, they're gonna have to do with you know again with Dallas next week. I'm just I'm just saying that there's nine as. There's not a three percent chance, there's like a minus three percent chance. I'll worked up seg. If you haven't go get ready for opening day, ken Brew, I think I might have spin on my I spin on my shirt here seg think.
Speaker 12: So they all worked up today, worked up more than the Austin Elmore's worked up with the Ohio State loss.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, I mean about that mess. He was not a happy camp for yesterday. Say get us out of the stooge report. Hopefully you'll be here again in a matter of minutes.
Speaker 3: Ken Brew, Happy birthday to the King.
Speaker 1: Elvis. Not no, not Richard Petty, Rocky Boyman's dog, Elvis is fifteen years old today, No kidding, right. Wonder if Rocky got him a cake? I hope so. Well not it's a big biscuit, a big biscuit, b milk bone dog biscuit. Absolutely, we'll see in a little bit, I hope. So say, because I'm going to be here and you know you can go. But I've absolved you with my pardon, so feel free to conduct your life any way you want it.
Speaker 3: Thank you. It's a frightening thought for all of us.
Speaker 1: On seven hundred w welw print while in the Treasure for risk all right back on the big one. It's the average American in for the great American on this Monday break.
Speaker 3: To have you with us.
Speaker 1: We are closing in on a month down the road from the election. That'll be tomorrow. And there's no question that immigration was a huge factor in Donald Trump regaining power regaining the presidency. Swing voters broke for Trump fifty two percent versus thirty eight percent for Harris, and swing voters voters broke late for Donald Trump on this election, and among total swing voters who ultimately chose Donald Trump, immigration was a key issue, seventy seven percent of them believing that it was extremely or very accurate to say Democrats are not quote tough enough on addressing the border crisis end quote. It is a problem with Donald Trump needs to address it, needs to address quickly, How quickly, how effective will he be able to address it? And what happens when the media, the bleeding hearts in the media began showing his pictures and write stories about families being separated in various locations around the country, regardless of whether or not there is a criminal in that family who came here illegally to do god knows what to this country, regardless of all of that, because the media doesn't get all that wrapped up on details, what happens when they begin painting that picture and how it will effect about how Donald Trump goes about his business. Standing by the way, in as someone whose opinion matters greatly on this, we have had Andrew Arthur on the show before. He is a law and policy expert at the Center for Immigration Studies, and he has carved out some time to spend with us right here on seven hundred W welw and Andrew, how are you on this glorious day, Ken, I'm doing great.
Speaker 15: It's a beautiful day here in North Carolina. The states start to recover and we're getting ready for the Christmas season. Chili, though first be warm in the South, not that way today.
Speaker 1: Stand that North Carolina hopefully digging out from the devastation of that hurricane. It is a beautiful state. I spent a part of last December in North Carolina. I just love that state, all right, So you've been busy on this topic. I just just for a matter of I guess clarity. There were studies done on this, and there were studies that just basically reinforced what I just said. There's no question immigration and the philosophical approach to it by the Biden administration was absolutely paramount in this election. How long do you think it's going to take Donald Trump to undo what Joe Biden and his people did to this country from an immigration standpoint over the last three and a half years, or would it be asking too much to ask Donald Trump to undo it in the four years he'll have in the Oval office.
Speaker 15: That's a great question, Ken, And you know, to start with, let me just say that Donald Trump probably picked the best man that he could to be the quarterback on his team at the White House on this issue. Tom Homan. Tom, of course, was the former Deputy Director of ICE under Barack Obama when he headed the Enforcement Removal Operations Unit. He was also an acting ICE director under President Trump. Just a guy who literally came up from the streets. He was a cop and then he became a Border patrol agent, worked his way up through ICE. Really knows the ins and outs of this. And you know, can remember back to a time when we were actually effectively running the border, when we were effectively removing people from the United States, and when we didn't leave the back door open for any and all to come in. So I think that you know, you've probably got the best person out of all three hundred and thirty five million Americans in charge of this issue. But the question that jazz is bigger than that. And when you talk about the numbers of people who are here illegally, we can't even really get a grasp on it. You'll hear numbers anywhere between eleven point three million to about twenty five million. We estimate that it's something between thirteen and fifteen million, and a lot of those people literally just showed up, just showed up in the last four years, so they really haven't put down the sorts of roots that you're talking about. But can consider the fact that there are more than five hundred thousand migrant children in our schools right now. I mean that's a huge number of people. And extricating, you know, children from the community, sending them back home, that's going to require a lot of political will. And I think that you know, when you look at the numbers that you just cited, those are from Blueprint Analyzes. Blueprint is a democratic organization, so they're looking at this with a pretty clear eye. You know, this was a major issue, and the American people want something done, if you want my honest assessment, though Donald Trump's not really going to be able to undo just the damage in the last four years, during the four years that he's going to have, I estimate that it's going to take about a decade. It's probably going to cost about a trillion dollars to extricate the United States from this. Now, that's not a trillion dollar spent on removing people. Removing people is actually a lot cheaper proposition. But when it comes to caring for all of those people, you know, about eight million people who have arrived over the last four years, you know, in providing aid to you know, the school districts and the cities and the towns, the police forces that are going to need to deal with immigrant crime, you're going to rack up a trillion dollar build pretty quickly. And unfortunately, a lot of that money isn't going to be paid by the federal government. A lot of that is going to be paid by state and local officials as they deal with this, try to you know, handle and provide for the children, provide medical care for people who are sick. This is a mess, and I don't even think that the American people appreciate how big a mass is. I think that over the next two years, we're actually going to start to see some of those costs come do, and the American people are you know, just going to support uh, you know, the Trump policies even more than they have. But there's gonna be a lot of pushback and media is going to show you a picture of you know, every you know, mother and child that ends up getting removed and you know, try to play on the heart streaks of the American people. I just don't know how successful that's going to be.
Speaker 1: I don't either, And honestly, I think if they're if they're smart, what what they'll do. And you know, I think Trump is smart. I think what he's going to wind up doing is going after the the the people that have entered this country that have committed crimes either in this country when they arrived or have a criminal past that they might have brought with them from another country. I think if he tries to go in and separate mother from child and things like that, that's that's a that's a that's a non win from him. But I think initially he can stop what's going over the southern border. We already see that Mexico really wants to play ball because they don't want to be tariffed, same with Canada as well. So you have that, I think you'll physically try and finish that border wall. And if he does, indeed have fifty three Republicans in con well, he's got he's got fifty plus his vice president and then three people that you know, they may be Republicans, they may not be Collins and Murkowski and McConnell. We'll see exactly where they go with these votes. But if if indeed can get that wall finished and can start extricating the criminals that are in this country, I think that will go a long way in curtailing a new people coming in and b maybe getting the message out to other people they should not be in this country in the first place. I think that's where Homan starts, don't you.
Speaker 15: Yeah, no, absolutely, In fact, mister Homan has said that is going.
Speaker 3: To be where he starts.
Speaker 15: You know, there are hundreds of thousands and estimated, you know, seven hundred thousand criminal aliens who are in the United States who are going to be a top part. We also have hundreds of people who are on the terror watch list who are here. We're going to need to get those people out. And if you start to move through you know, those hundreds of thousands of people. The dynamic of all of this has changed. You have a paradigm shift. It's no longer you know, thought of that you're going to be able to come here and live here indefinitely and remain here forever. You know, now people are going to start to see those criminals taken off the streets. They're going to start to see a crackdown along the border if they have family members that they're hoping to immigrate and they're not going to be able to make it. And yeah, I mean completing the border wall system, which is bigger than just the fence itself. You know, that's the cameras and the lights and the fiber optic cable, all those other things that make that border wall system work is going to be a game changer. I think you're going to see the number of people entering I legally plummet. We're going to go back to, you know, twenty seventeen numbers when we saw the first Trump effect. We're going to see a lot cooperation for Mexico and Canada that's in both of their interests to help us out on this, and then we could start to address that criminal population, that national security risk population in the United States, and you know, you're going to see a lot of people go home because that's what happens about three hundred thousand to five hundred thousand people who are here unlawfully can't lead. Every year, I fig you're going to see those numbers pick up. In fact, there was an article out of Dalton, Georgia that was talking about how people you know there were planning on leaving there. There was an article out of Springfield, Ohio about people who were looking for someplace else to live because you know, they know that they are, you know, in the cross heirs of immigration enforcement. So yeah, I mean, really, the most important thing that Trump's going to do is change the narrative of all this. I think they were going to get back to a lawful immigration system and orderly immigration system. That's in the interesting American people. But you know, it's you know, the election itself is the biggest statement that the American people can make about immigration. I think it's going to have a real impact.
Speaker 1: Andrew Arthur our guest. He's with the Center for Immigration Studies. He's not only writing and writing well about immigration for a long time. On cis dot org. How important was immigration in the twenty twenty four election. A really detailed study that cites some of the research that we're talking about. You also writes op eds that appear in a lot of different places. I saw this. Texas has spent millions placing razor wire along the border. Well, Biden found a judge that said that was illegal, and I guess it was the Fed started cutting down the wire. Than wait a minute, there was an appeals court ruling against Biden last week to block Texas from kenny continuing to place razor wire. This seawire up so it can continue.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: A lot of this depends on whether or not Trump gets to complete the rest of his wall. But there's no question, as you point out in this article, that the razor wire is a great deterrent for people coming into this country whose first act when they come into this country is an illegal act. So I don't sense that that was a bad ruling by this latest judge. But it does work, does it not?
Speaker 15: Yeah? No, absolutely, insacts. You can look at the numbers. Texas has been running something called Operation Loan Star ever since March twenty twenty one, and they've said troopers down their National National Guard troops down there to you know, bolster border patrol. And then just before Title forty two ended, they started erecting these concertina wire or sea wire barriers along the Rio Grande and you know, near population centers to prevent people from crossing over and just blending into the community and escaping into the country that way. For some reason, nobody really knows the reason why. In September twenty twenty three, CBP under the Biden Harris administration started destroying portions of that wire in Maverick County, Texas. And you know, this launched a fight. It went all the way to the Supreme Court abu whether they could tear it out or whether they couldn't tear it out. And you mentioned the judge that they went to the first time. She's actually a very interesting woman, judge of Leah Moses down in Texas. She initially said, you know, the Biden Harris administration can continued to destroy it, but she talked about the political ego and ranker that had brought us to this point. She said, look, the immigration system may be dysfunctional, but it works when you allow it to work. So, you know, her initial decision that allowed them to go forward and destroy the wire that's just been reversed. You know, was a win for the Biden administration, but it was a stunning indictment of the Biden administration and the immigration policies that they run down there, and now that this circuit you know, has gotten along with that said no, you can't do it. This is sovereign state pop property and you have to leave it alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I don't think the Biden administration cared about what her opinion was. They just said, hey, we can cut the wire down. They provided them an optic right, Oh.
Speaker 15: Yeah, absolutely. But one thing that you'll note, Ken, is that ever since the Supreme Court ruled in January twenty twenty four that they could go ahead destroying the wire, they haven't touched it. Because going into an election year, you know, when you're contending that you're doing everything you can to secure the border and then you go destroying the only impediment that there is to illegal immigration, you know, that's a bad visual. Yeah, and it was a bad visual for you know, for Joe Biden when he was running for president. It was a horrible one for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: So Texas.
Speaker 15: Texas won, Texas is still winning on that issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, because if you recall back then, that Senate seat that Cruz had was still in play, it looked like it might have been a flip for the Democrats, so they couldn't really go in there and jeopardize that. And again they probably thought, well, you know, Texas may be turning more purple than we think, and maybe we've got a chance to flip Texas in a national election. But you know, you're right, that would have if you would would have put border patrol agents in between the Texas Rangers and the federal government, you know, wherever they may be coming from the army, wherever it might have been, it would have been. It would have been horrible. But I agree with you. I think it's I think it's going to be difficult. It's going to take years, decades probably to undo what has happened to this country over the last three and a half years. But I sense that there are breaks that are being applied. But that won't stop you from what you do so well at CIS dot org. And it's great when you can join us. Andrew Arthur, we appreciate your time here and you stay well and keep fighting the good fight.
Speaker 15: Saybe you can and my best all your listeners.
Speaker 1: Here he is that is a great destination where they take immigration, which is a complex topic, and make it understandable. What we try to do here don't often accomplish it. They do to twenty five News Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 3: Is there a special time you like to listen to Sconslan?
Speaker 16: Almost impossible to believe. That's how bad this defense has been. And you identified one play yesterday if you just want one play to categorize just how bad Cincinnati's defense was, Rex, what play was that?
Speaker 3: I mean, this is Ripley's believe it or not? Are you kidding me? Justin Field comes trotting.
Speaker 1: On the field on a third four game on the line.
Speaker 3: I can't believe he kep it.
Speaker 4: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: If there's life on.
Speaker 15: Mars, they knew Justin Fields was going to carry the ball?
Speaker 3: Are you for some reason?
Speaker 11: Cincinnati was supri just an incredible call right now?
Speaker 3: What are you doing quiet?
Speaker 1: I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Sega sat next to Rex Ryan once on a plane, yes, sir, from Phoenix to Cincinnati. It was coming back from the Super Bowl in February ninety six, Okay, and he was flying from Phoenix to Cincinnati to interview with Rick Minterter to join Rick Mincher's staff at the University of Cincinnati, which I think he did for like one year.
Speaker 3: He was on the staff for like one year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's right. Everybody knew what, even current John Pierre probably knew it too. You know, probably Joe Biden did too, and he's going to pardon the Bengals. Well he probably She probably screamed out, he's doing what. But she wasn't talking about Biden. She was talking about thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Ken Brew.
Speaker 12: They stood reporters of proud service of your local Tamestar Heating and air conditioning dealers, Tamestar quality you can feel in beautiful northern Kentucky. Again, Yes, call Johnson Heating and Cooling eight five nine four seven two sixty fifty one. But I just try cold now, or well, I'll wait till her we're done there. Unless you want to, I'll just talk and you because it's cold in this studio. I'm just kidding. I don't know who thinks air conditioning is a wise thing. In December, Bengals up Day brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town thirteen locations in northern Kentucky, your tailgate headquarters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get some bourbon and try and forget last night four and eight, which I've done many times in my life.
Speaker 3: By the way, what the.
Speaker 12: Look looking with looks like they're going to miss the playoffs. It looks like not telling anybody anything new bore tonight on Bengals line six h five right here on seven hundred WLWP. Next for our men, they get ready this week a Monday night clash with the Simpsons and the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: That's the only reason why that game wasn't flexed.
Speaker 3: Bingo. That should be flexed the next year.
Speaker 1: But I mean, you know, I get mad because it's just I see what's happened on that offensive side of the ball, and it's not sustainable. Correct, Burrow is not going to be able to do this kind of thing every single week to keep your team in it. Kyle said this yesterday on when we were at the Holy Grail with Moe and Antoni. I said, at some point, because there was still thoughts, well they beat Pittsburgh, maybe they go on a run at some point along the way, Burrow is going to have a clunker game, or there's going to be bad weather, there's going to be snow or whatever it may be, and it's not going to happen, and they're going to lose because they have to do that literally every single week. And you correct it. This is not arena football. Correct. I'm still worked up. I know you are.
Speaker 3: College football, Ken Bruce, speaking of in trouble.
Speaker 1: Take some cold medication.
Speaker 3: You see you see football winds up five and seven. That's not good.
Speaker 12: Three and six in a big twelve, a five game, losing street to wrap it up, they were once five.
Speaker 3: I remember those days.
Speaker 12: Coach set is now eight and sixteen overall not good. Let's see flag planting, the fights all over the place in an unch tinned rivalry weekend in college football, of course, the main event the game Michigan Ohio State. Then they had another one NC State in North Carolina, Arkansas and Mississippi let's or Missouri, I mean Auburn and Alabama went at it. Notre Dame in USC Arizona State in Arizona, Texas and Texas, A and M. And then Rocky had one of the matches over the weekend with the Gators and the Seminoles going at it.
Speaker 3: Say you ever hear this guy, Paul Doherty. He's a writer. Yes, yeah, he's right for the Coure.
Speaker 1: You heard him. Yeah, you used to do sports talk here. Yeah, right, Okay, So he's got this, he's got this deal where you can I don't know how much it is. It's like fifty sixty seventy dollars a year, and it's a sub stack, I think that's what it's called it. And he writes a column. He can read a column every day, and other writers.
Speaker 3: And all that.
Speaker 1: His column today is he's got a picture, and he's got the only flag plant that ever mattered in the history of mankind the most, the flag plant on the top of Ewo Jima. Oh I thought it was. Are you going to say the moon? Oh no, that's true. Yeah, everything else? These idiots running around with flags and a plant in the middle. Who what are you doing?
Speaker 13: What do you?
Speaker 1: As I said last hour, what are you twelve years old and up in a treehouse? What are you crazy? I don't know, ken Brew, They're gonna you know, I'm agitated. It's just how about that dude?
Speaker 12: And How about the dude yesterday in the National Football League that nailed Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 1: How about that mess? Yeah, that's that's not good. That guy ought to be out for life. Well, right there. They're supposed to protect quarterbacks in the league, right They didn't protect Trevor Lawrence. Although he walked away last night.
Speaker 12: I saw a picture of him leaving the stadium upright, and I'm thinking, oh, everything must be I guess Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but today today, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know whether it's Wednesday or Thursday. It was not good, Sega. That's all I can tell you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: And then the Miami RedHawks Ken Brew Brent Gabbertt is the Mid American Conference Offensive Player of the Week. And then your Bobcats played the Red Hawks and the bat What is this the Battle of the Bricks?
Speaker 1: Part three? This is two for everything in the Mid American Conference. This is for everything in the MAC Championship game. But it is the second or third meeting this year. No, just just a second. Oh okay, Miami completely dominated at Ohio University. But I think they might have I think the Bobcats might have been distracted in that game because there was I think there was something going around, like I don't know, something they might have had, like a bad case of I don't know, it could have been. The rumor was it was a bad case of pedicures. It just didn't go well on the team. So so there they're they're over that now and I think they'll be fine in this In this.
Speaker 3: Game this weekend, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 12: Should be a good one. Should be a good one in Motown. That's what we're looking for. SEGI college basketball. The rankings are out. The Cincinnata Bearcats are up or two spots this week, the fourteenth. They will play at Villanova tomorrow night. When's that Crosstown shootout? Is that the fourteenth week from this Saturday? That's huge, Yeah, that's huge.
Speaker 3: Kentucky's up four spots the fourth will that game? We'll carry that game, won't we? What the Crosstown shootout? Yeah? Yeah, Like every station will have it, right, that's right?
Speaker 12: And will you see Bearcats the kit It will be on KRC. EBN will carry h the referees version right or no. Sean Miller and West Miller will be live on Kiss one oh seven.
Speaker 1: And Mologer is hosting four four consecutive pregame shows from four different bars. He's just gonna run back and forth from four different bars.
Speaker 3: Leading. Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 1: It's amazing coordination that's going into this thing. Correct, It's unbelievable, right, Andy Bank, That's what. Let's see.
Speaker 12: Yukon dropped twenty three spots. They're still at it. Ken Brew at twenty fifth, still out, still a watch out for Dan Hurley. They're still in it. Xavier thirty third, Dayton is Louisville's thirty fifth, and Dayton comes in thirty ninth day poll this week.
Speaker 1: I sold I said this the other day. I said that Dayton UC game maybe better than that. That's a couple of weeks from Friday. I'm just downtown. Yeah, that could be. That could be a really fine tilt. So, I mean, you know, they they took North Carolina. They had a big lead against North Carolina and lost, and I think they would only lost by five to Iowa State. Well they didn't lose the Iowa State just scored more points and then uh, and then of course they took out Yukon. So yeah, the Flyers, So Mike, McConnell, Eddie and Moe are all happy I know, watch out for ud I'm telling you said so, I appreciate you calming me down here today.
Speaker 12: Well, I'm glad ken Brew. I know I could. I could either the listeners could. Said it was calling the newsroom saying they could hear it in your voice. You're very upset, had wad. I had my speedo in a wad. I was so upset about what happened yesterday, So was I. I mean, who expected a shootout? Well, I thought it was going to be like twelve to ten or something, but obviously the Bengals didn't, that's for sure. Yeah, it'll all be better, though, you know what, it's all going to get to stop a train. It has nothing to do.
Speaker 1: With Christmas, has nothing to do with family, It has nothing to do with this time of the year. It has nothing to do with how you conducting your life today, tomorrow or next week. Correct, it's only a game which we feel more upset about, probably than they do. Think about that for a second. Think about that that we're probably more worked up about the outcome than they are. I have a point there. I think I might say, get us out of the stooge report. I got Rocky standing by I need Rocky in here because we got pardons going on, We got guys can't watch justin fields. We got we got a lot of a lot of things going on.
Speaker 3: I gotta talk to.
Speaker 1: Him about ken Brew.
Speaker 12: In honor of a cold day here at a tri State we leave you with the immortal words of the Stoode report.
Speaker 3: Well we're in Dallas, the talking horse, mister ed. There are horses down here. That Wilbur. No, it's not that Wilbur.
Speaker 1: Wilbur, Oh boy. I did the games with him for five years, and I swear to god, there were at least a half dozen, maybe nine, absolutely laugh moments every one of those games. There was that was so much the bels. It doesn't get any better than that. Was table so much fun working with him. It really was all right, Sega was good working with you today. Same here, ken Burg. You take care of you. I like what you. I like your shirt you're wearing today. You look good, you look spiffy, and I'm sure you and I will because the the aging veteran that normally occupies this chair will probably want a few more days off between now and the end of the year, and I'll be back in here to to torment you and the listeners. So I'm looking forward to though, you know, it could be, could be tomorrow, could be soon. Who knows.
Speaker 3: Nobody knows.
Speaker 1: That's all right, nobody knows, no problem to forty seven News Radio, seven hundred w welw assumption on my part. I know you should never assume, and most assumptions are wild, but it's a wild assumption on my part that at some point during his illustrious playing days, somebody went to Rocky Boyman and said, rock You're gonna spy on one player, and whatever that player does, you run to that player. I don't care if the ball is going someplace else. Your job is to spy on that player. It is your responsibility. And my guess is that Rocky Boyman he executed that perfectly. Oh if Rocky Boyman was only on the field yesterday at pay Corpse Stadium, Rocky J. Boyman, how are you on this glorious Monday. I'm excellent.
Speaker 3: Ken.
Speaker 14: It's a tough day for Bengals fans. It's it's it's a very sobering reality.
Speaker 1: My opinion is.
Speaker 14: And I thought this during the game, especially afterward, just thinking about it, is this is not a roster or a team that's going to be fixed in one draft.
Speaker 3: And that was my takeaway that this is going to take like multiple years.
Speaker 14: I mean that defense that not one level, the first, second, or third level is a unit you can look at and say, boy, that okay, that that's pretty secure where we look good there. I think that's the sad reality here is this is going to take a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: And you know, just on that one play for a second, the third and four with fifty four left. So I've got I've got the I've got the all twenty two dialed up here. Oh yeah, it's it's unbalanced to the short side of the field. Looks like they've got maybe a two tight end set that's over there blocking. But as I'm watching this, as fields takes off for the far sideline, it's either Battle or Newton that apparently was responsible for this. It's not it's not the linebacker. It's either Battle or Newton, and they both crash and take the suck up on on.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I guess it's a Jalen. I guess it was Jalen Harris was the was the cat's name. But the fact of the matter is they both they both crash in and buy the fake. And it's like this next shot is lou Ana Rumo and he's standing on the sideline and he has a look of like a father who tells the new driver in his family there's a mailbox at the end of the driveway. Whatever you do, don't back into it. Uh So, these people that are yelling and screw screaming for lou Ana Roumo to be fired, I think you're right. This is not a talented defense. I count on this defense. Dax Hill, Chris Jenkins, Trey Hendrickson, DJ Turner, and Logan Wilson is the only players I'd keep. Bj Hill is an unrestricted free agent. Mike Hilton is an unrestricted free agent. A sign may be, but he's an unrestricted free agent.
Speaker 3: After that.
Speaker 1: First of all, I don't know if any of those players I just mentioned, other than Hendrickson that's an impact player. The rest of them are playing positions. But I think it needs a complete overhaul. And you're right, you're not going to fix it in one offseason. And they simply overspent on offense and tried to fix it by drafting well on defense. And they're drafts defensively since twenty twenty one. Just they have not produced impact players.
Speaker 14: They've not I mean to your original point about that last play there with Fields. I mean, Newton, Okay, he's a rookie, but he's got to understand there are ten other guys in there that can stop the inside run. But there is one guy, okay, that can stop the you know when justin Fields, who probably everyone in the stadium knew he's probably gonna keep this ball because that's what he does. He runs the ball, and for whatever reason, he crashed down inside. He's a young player. I'm sure it's a mistake he won't make again, but that's something that you just can't make in that situation. You've got to have somebodycounting for in the quarterback, especially knowing that's what he's going to do. But no, the drafts the last three years, Ken, I've talked about it at nauseum.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you have too.
Speaker 14: Just have not produced any impact players, haven't produced any like real solid players. It's very unfortunate. Again, it's it's I hate to tell this to people, but this is not going to be fixed in one year. This team is not going to go into free agency and have a great draft where we get the number nine or number eight overall pick or whatever it's going to be, and all of a sudden, this team's going to go to the Super Bowl next year. It's just I cannot see that happening at all. And that's again a very sobering reality.
Speaker 1: Well, I've made a phone call here in the last half hour to Joe Biden, and he is issuing a pardon for all eleven defensive players that were on the field.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh god, five and eighteen, five hundred and twenty yards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, how about Biden though arguably not even arguably it's the worst president in my lifetime, but arguably one of the two worst presidents ever. I would wrote James Buchanana in that mix, maybe Woodrow Wilson, maybe Herbert Hoover, Not Woodrow Wilson. It's just it's astonishing what he did after saying for so long that he was not going to pardon this kid. I believe it was part of the deal when Nancy Pelosi staged the coup. They said, Okay, you can pardon your kid. But I also think he delivered a big, fat, wet one to Donald Trump's cheek because Trump in four years can say, well, listen, he pardoned his kid, I'll pardon myself if there's anything else out there.
Speaker 3: And oh, by the way, you know some.
Speaker 1: Of these people that got locked up from my administration, maybe some of these Jay sixers, I'll pardon them too.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be Trump's first move.
Speaker 14: He's going to pardon all the January sixth people that are, if I think, unfairly been imprisoned for And there's people walking the streets in these major cities around the country that have done far, far worse than people that you know, happen to run into the Capitol building and did really nothing wrong. So but yeah, I think I'm Also the dates on this are are kind of interesting. I guess he's partner going all way back to twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: What happened in twenty fourteen, Ken he started to go to work for Barisma, Yes he did, so say well, let's be in a good father he's partying is no, it is. A good father would keep your son who had a drug addiction from going to work while you're the second in command of the federal government and not letting him do business with a foreign government. That's what a good father would have done. He would have said, no, you can't do that.
Speaker 14: It's unfortunate because you know, Hunter Biden has had that the skids a greased for him his entire life. And as oftentimes, when you try to help someone along, your kid or somebody else's kid, and you try to remove every impediment out of their way, it doesn't work out well for their development. And in this case, it's the same thing for Hunter Biden. You know, it's a sad life.
Speaker 13: The guy leaves.
Speaker 3: I'm very sorry it happened that way, but but that's the way it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a making of your own doing in this world. Correct, at the end of the day, when they close the casket, you are what you made yourself and no one else should have to take responsibility for it. But hey, man, if it was that simple, you wouldn't have a talk show coming up.
Speaker 3: That's right, we got we got a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about this pardon thing coming up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Well, Jason Williams is in for Eddie. Eddie is frolicing on the beach somewhere, I believe. Wow, we never know, but Jason's in with us. At three, he wrote a great column I thought last night that hit that we're going to discuss his thoughts on the Bengals. We're also going to discuss at four o'clock the flag planting that went around college football over the weekend.
Speaker 3: I actually called a game working on and I was watching.
Speaker 14: Yeah, there's two I mean a lot of people on both sides of this, So we're gonna take some calls and have some fun discussing that as well.
Speaker 1: There's one flag plant in the history of this world that means anything, and it's the one that was planted at the top of ewo Jima. That's it. Everything else is a far cry. I'll give you a close second maybe with the moon, but Ewojima, the rest of that, forget them say it. Yep, you guys have a great show. Thank Ken. It's the epitome of the broadcast day that now awaits with Rocky Booryman and Jason Williams on seven hundred WLW News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: The boss at a Carmakers stepping down. This is the three o'clock report. I'm met Reeese breaking now getting out much earlier than planned. The chief executive officer at automaker Stlantis stepping aside as the company struggles through a very tough year.
Speaker 17: Stalantis says different views have emerged between the company's board of directors and CEO Carlos Tavares. He's resigning more than a year ahead of his planned retirement amid supply chain issues and increase competition in China. Auto industry analyst Chad Kirshner.
Speaker 11: Stalantus, especially in North America, has been really kind of floundering.
Speaker 17: In September, Stalantis said it expects to end the year with a negative can flow between six and eleven billion dollars. Mike Debaski, ABC News.
Speaker 7: Checking the roads now. We have the latest traffic and weather together from.
Speaker 10: The UC Health Traffic Center. In UC Health's Weight Loss Center offers comprehensive ob city care and advanced surgical expertise called five pine three nine three nine twenty two sixty three. We do have seventy five southbound at Western Avenue with a breakdown right lane taken up in the accident. Seventy one southbound at for seventy one has the right shoulder blot. We're looking at delays back to TAFT. Seventy five southbound at seventh Avenue. The crash on the right shoulder and slowdowns back to Hoppel. It's about a fourteen minute delay. Two seventy five is sowing westbound at seventy four. Police on the scene of an accident here. We have four to seventy one of course shut down between seventy one and Highway Aiding, Kentucky with the repairs continuing to the Big Back Bridge. And this is going to continue for the next couple of week weeks. Parking lot under the Big Mac and parts of sow your Point shut down.
Speaker 3: I'm Rick shrap here.
Speaker 10: He's Radio seven hundred doubd WELW.
Speaker 5: Now the latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center.
Speaker 18: Advanced dentistry, the thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck.
Speaker 3: We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot com.
Speaker 1: As a push through the rest of your Monday.
Speaker 18: Mostly cloudy skies with some scattered flurries, temperatures only up to thirty degrees. That's the coldest day since mid February. We'll look at wend out of the west northwest at five to fifteen miles per hour, which keeps windchills down towards about twenty three to twenty four degrees throughout your day today.
Speaker 1: Overnight tonight we'll clear out.
Speaker 18: It gets cold once again, down to nineteen degrees where it feels like temperature of eleven as you wake up Tuesday, mostly sunshine, still chilly. Thirty four from your Severe byther station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Brandon Spinner News