Speaker 1: Here's your chatter night.
Speaker 2: First one to weather forecast is hot one.
Speaker 3: Today we've got a heat the advisory and effect it tomorro at APM, so the s it will be hot and eve of the day ninety one, with of course the heat index north of one hundred overnight seventy three with mostly clear skies still muggy, muggy and hot. Tomorrow ninety two with one hundred plus heat index overnight sixty eight and a reprieve on Thursday, it'll be mostly faty. It's only gone up to eighty two. Right now, it's seventy five, and it's time for a traffic update. Chuck ingram fortably.
Speaker 2: You see up traffic center, you see health wave.
Speaker 4: Boss center offers sergic O M, medical ob city, pear and expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two sixty three. Northbound seventy five continues to be the heaviest of the highway traffic, good for a couple of extra minutes out of url winger into the cut. Inbound seventy four continues to look great past Montana. Making your way towards seventy five Chuck Kingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven thirty right now. If you bive KRC Talk Station Man. I spent a half hour or more yesterday on this man's Facebook page. You should follow him on Facebook. Andrea A. And d Are Andre Ewing for retired Sincet Police officer thirty years of service to our community. Proud of that he is and he continues to advocate. He is the founder of a called Curse Breakers, three hundred strong and Death Row Ministries. UH Police Peace Officer Deactivation spect Specialist. Andre Ewing Man, I am so pleased you came in to talk to us this morning. It's pleasure to have you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Thank you, brother Brian. I appreciate it. I'm so glad to be here. And I'm on fire. You are on fire, yes, sir.
Speaker 3: And that's what was so cool about what you were saying, speaking truth to power, passionate and your reaction to the violence in the city of Cincinnati, which it sounds, I mean it's almost as if you knew it was coming, because you posted a video on the twenty fourth criticizing the administration. You were at Police Chief threes of Thigi and you know all about it because you're a please offer for that period of time, Cheryl Long. You went after the mayor elected officials demanding a change in administration because clearly we're on the wrong path. And then one day later, look what happens in downtown Cincinnati. So you had a nice follow up to that one. So let my listeners know where you are on all this Andre.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's disgusting, disgusting.
Speaker 5: Just listening to Chief Thiji's interview yesterday, it was absolutely ridiculous. We are a nationwide joke right now in Cincinnati, the issues of talking about you only had two officers respond that was dispatched. That was in the central Business section, and she even said, over one hundred thousand people and you're dispatching cars to a scene where there's so many people and vehicles. But here, here we have around the country where people are getting ran over. Why wasn't those streets just completely blocked off that there were there are no vehicle traffic number one so the officers can get there, and there was no officers on foot in the area.
Speaker 1: Absolutely unacceptable.
Speaker 3: It took us six minutes to get there, which you know, in terms of response time, I don't know if that's good or bad, but you're talking about a downtown Cincinnati that's got three major events going on, and people don't just pack up and go home at eleven PM when the rock when the music stops, they head over the door district and go into the bars. And so they're going to be into the bars until the bars are gonna close. So you have obviously a lot of people that are going to be pouring into that neighborhood. You would expect it to be police all over, and that's what you were advocating for on your on your Facebook posts. How come there were police on the on the corners of the street in an area where you knew, damn Weather's going to be a whole bunch of people.
Speaker 5: My point exactly, why didn't you have police on every corner, saturated to tell people welcome to Cincinnati, wave at people. But no, why because administration did not allocate the proper units downtown to deactivate things like this.
Speaker 3: Or just to prevent them from happening by their mere presence. Absolutely, yeah, and that you know the police presidence is so critical. Now respond to this, and I'm not really playing devil's advocate because I'm in full agreement with your perception at what should have gone down. But her response Police Chief three Figi's response might be, well, we're understaffed. They only had three officers at that moment in time, at three o'clock in the morning that were even available to respond. That's a pretty sizable area. And of course with all those people there, clearly three officers ain't gonna cut it exactly.
Speaker 5: So if you know you're gonna be understaffed prior to then wouldn't you make the proper adjustments beforehand? We knew a year out this event is coming to town, and you see the things that are curring. But yet you did not plan effectively and had no type of strategy. So that should tell you once again leadership matters, and in this case, leadership failed.
Speaker 1: And what do you have?
Speaker 5: Total chaos in the city of Cincinnati. I told them before you must want got them city. And I've always said on my post, who's next?
Speaker 3: Who's next?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 3: But for the grace of God, go anybody that goes downtown. And I know you had some really pointed comments and warnings to my white friends out in the listening audience about what they should prepare for and maybe shouldn't even bother going downtown because I think that's your choice as well. He said, major events like that, you're not going to get anywhere near them.
Speaker 5: Absolutely not, absolutely not. We see what's going on even locally and abroad nationwide, and if the police are not setting things up for us to feel safe and secure, and I walk into a situation and I see angry people, I see situations happening, and I just want to come out of an establishment and just walk down the street, and I may have an altercation and the next thing you know, me and my friends may get completely beat down. And the narrative of being twisted, which is very interesting that I've seen. If this was an entire all white mob on a black person, it would be considered a hate crime from the get go, from the get go. But even Chief Fiji set there and said, this fight, this fight, We do know who it is. Turn yourself in, no, put these individuals on blast, name them by name, Let the people in the community know this behavior is unacceptable. So if it was actually disgusting to her, why are you requesting they turn themselves in versus putting their picture on TV and saying this is who it is, and we're coming to get you.
Speaker 3: We'll bring back Andre Outstanding seven thirty six. Right now, I think I cares to these aux stations. Stick around.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: We are remit Yeah, real quick weather the HEA advisor tomorrow evening at eight pm. So it's gonna be hot in human today ninety one, overnight lowess seventy three, very hot in human tomorrow ninety two.
Speaker 2: I'm keeping out the heat indectually.
Speaker 3: All know it's going to be really high overnight sixty eight with a slight chance rain and on a Thursday, mostly cloudy but only eighty two.
Speaker 2: Fraud.
Speaker 3: Right now at seventy five, let's hear about traffic chuck from.
Speaker 2: The UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 4: You see Healthwaight Boss center offers sergical and medico a BCD care and expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. It's nine three nine twenty two sixty three North Pen seventy five. You can add an extra five between the Armldson and downtown North Pen seventy one. Cruiser working with an accident on the left hand side just above two seventy five Chuck ingramon fifty five KRC deep Talk Station.
Speaker 3: Nine come up with seven forty fikivebout KERCD Talk Station Brian Thomas with the outstanding, outspoken Andrea Ewing. Follow him on Facebook, check out his videos. He pulls literally no punchings at all. Andre. You know, I apologize I didn't get a chance to see her most recent post, but caption all in caps. This makes me sick. City leaders calling in the Lincoln Ware Show saying the white man got the action he deserved. Now, I had heard that that some people said that this was totally justifiable. And I don't know what led to the ultimate melee and beat down of these people, but I can't come up with a single action that could justify that mob behavior. How could anybody suggest that that man or the woman who got punched square in the face deserved what they got.
Speaker 5: Exactly, There is no justification, period, zero justification. And when you look at that and the comments that were called in into the lincoln Ware Show, when you can read the comments and people saying, yeah, that's what he get.
Speaker 1: You bring the action, you get the action.
Speaker 5: And we had literally leaders like David Whitehead, the leader of the NAACP call in, and it seemed as if he was being motivated by the comments that were constantly going against Smitherman.
Speaker 1: Collin Smitherman a coon, a sellout.
Speaker 5: And I'm sitting there watching and I'm listening and I'm reading. I said, this is disgusting that we have blocks that are saying this is what you get. So that's why I also stated, no wonder our young people are following suit, because if our own leaders are saying this is how you handle business, then don't say absolutely nothing to our children.
Speaker 3: You know, that's a really, really good point. And Christopher's been on that theme for a long time. It's where are our city leaders advocating to support the police, to support non violent to you know, engage in a positive relationship with the police for the betterment of the communities. And I've heard time and time again the vast majority of blacks, if you talk to them individually, they want safe streets. They don't have a problem with the police. In fact, as illustrated by over the weekend, there aren't enough around. We need more. But the loud voice gets the attention, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and sadly, you know, the squeaky Wills. Perhaps the president current president of the NAACP's part of the problem. I don't know, but they're the ones that people tend to listen to. And that sounds like what representatives of the black community are advocating for. And yeah, that's gonna rub off on children.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, absolutely think about this. Sheryl Long literally remove District five to get completely out of a community. But yet the mayor and the chief stand by and say safety is our number one priority.
Speaker 1: And we see that ar Herringer.
Speaker 5: She blew the rooftop off of a lot of issues that the city was portraying and tested her own numbers against theirs. And so if it's your top priority, and now all of a sudden you're saying, oh, we need more police, but you took a police district out of a community.
Speaker 1: Make it make sense, brother, Brian, please.
Speaker 2: I can't, ye know.
Speaker 3: The only thing I can come up with, Andie is they are so afraid of acknowledging that there's a crime problem because it's bad press. It's gonna maybe make people considered. I don't want to move to Cincinnati, but you, I mean, you can't deny your I mean it's like don't believe you're lying. Eyes. People who live in the city know there's a problem. I mean, the police know the problem, and the ignoring the problem, and I think it's really probably driven by just the fact that we just don't want to acknowledge it, to talk about it because it just looks bad. Well, welcome to front page news across the United States of America with what happened on Saturday morning.
Speaker 5: Absolutely one thousand percent. And police officers are frustrated. Oh yeah, they are extremely frustrated because I know for a fact that they do go out here and do their job and deal with a lot of issues, and they deactivate as much as they can.
Speaker 1: They really do.
Speaker 5: But I've been an advocate to always say I'm not here to take sides. I'm here to save lives, and if my fellow officers are doing something they shouldn't be doing, I've always wanted to be an advocate to say, look, this is what's right, and this is what's wrong.
Speaker 1: But when I see it wrong, and I see.
Speaker 5: A community constantly going against itself, murders on the ride, black on black crimes, and these same civil leaders have nothing to say, absolutely nothing. That's disgusting because we both know that the multiple murders that occur are with on our black youth and the murders in Cincinnati, and no one is taking accountability.
Speaker 3: We'll bring back Andre for one more segment Andre Ewing before we get to the bright Bart Insights scoop after the top of the our news again. Check him out on Facebook and the level you have what he has to say. One more segment with Andrea Ewing. Pause, be right back fifty five car the talk station heroes like Austin Reed, Jenna and I are other forecast says it's a hot one today. Of course it is hot, humid ninety one for a high and mostly cloudy skies overnight mostly clear skies with low seventy three. Tomorrow another hot one heat index ends at eight pm tomorrow. Tomorrow, we'll see high ninety two, overnight low of sixty eight, maybe a chance of rain in there. And finally for Thursday, mostly cloudy, but a cold front's coming in. We're going to go up to just eighty two on Thursday. Right now, seventy five, let's hear about traffic Chuck from.
Speaker 2: The ucl Traffic Center.
Speaker 4: You see health Weight Loss Center offers surgical and Medical o BCB Care and Expertise called five one three, nine three, nine two two sixty three. It's nine three nine twenty two sixty three North Bend seventy five. You can add an extra five between Donaldson and Downtown North Pound seventy one cruiser working with an accident on the left hand side just above to seventy five. Chuck ingramon fifty five krs Deep talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven seven here fifty by PARASEV talk Station Mariyantown was with Andre Ewing, retired police officer. And you're you're like a community activist.
Speaker 2: You speak to the youth groups, and.
Speaker 3: You know, I guess I'm just kind of curious what you're doing in your your your in the time you're not here at my studio talking to my listeners.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Just did something with the Urban League.
Speaker 5: It was powerful, Oh yeah, the Urban Champions, and just had a great encounter with some young youth and trying to promote and show them there's a different way to go about situations. And it's interesting everything that we told them to do. What they saw downtown was exactly the example. We said, this is what happens if you run to a fight, if you go to a fight, if you present yourself and has speakers there telling them to turn the other way and to make sure that everyone is safe, everyone, not just some.
Speaker 3: Well, I appreciate your speaking to the young people. They certainly need a clear and convincing voice like yours.
Speaker 5: Um.
Speaker 3: But speaking of change, and I said to you off air, I said, you know what, Andre, You and I both know it. Come November, the residents of the city of Cincinnati have an opportunity to vote. And you know, the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. But they're still going to vote for the same clowns in office. And you had advocated for a change in administration on your onet of your recent videos. What's your take on the upcoming election in November? And do you think this is an opportunity for change in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: It's a perfect opportunity for change. It's interesting because if this was a professional team and they went oh for twelve, what do you do we want to.
Speaker 1: Go oh and twelve again?
Speaker 5: We talk about the Bengals, if they would have had the proper defense in place, guess what might be talking about? Super Bowl champs with the offense that they had, but guess what they decided to get more power, impactful people on defense. So let's deal with the truth of the matter. We are in a position to make change. I would love to see the debate. Let them go at it one on one. Debate this thing go right at the situation and let's see who exactly would be best for the position of mayor. Because at this point, what we have seen and if you want this to continue at this state, we are going to be in a world of mess. And it's exactly what we see and it should start from the top down. And I've said it before, Teresa Thiji needs to go just just go out. There's so many powerful candidates out there, so many powerful candidates out there. She needs to resign, leave at this moment and allow us to go out and see if there are other individuals more qualified, more experienced and understand city dynamics and are willing to work with everyone.
Speaker 3: Well this police chief, Thesi, and I don't presume it, but I presume that you do regularly speak with members of law enforcement who are still actively with the police department. I mean you got friends, right, you hear you talk to them, how's it is there a sense that they have any respect for leadership within the department?
Speaker 1: Zero leadership and that's a shame.
Speaker 5: And I had this on one of my posts is where Sheryl Long was going into several police districts with actually Scottie Johnson and ask the police officers who would you like to see a chief? And at the time the majority had sat back and said, well, Lisa Davis, Colonel Lisa Davis, So would we think she would be a great advocate. She's a community person, she understands And guess what, she still picked Teresa Thiji. Now that's interesting because people did not officers did not want her in the morale and what you see and people being motivated started from the top down and what Ryl Long decided to do without listening to officers and the proper way to select the chief of our city. And from these results, you are seeing us getting blasted by individuals on podcasts across the country talking about our city and how terrible it is.
Speaker 3: So low morale. And then I'm sure we of course know about the low morale within the police department because of the criminal justice system generally speaking, why bother arresting the kid for breaking curfew when there is going to be nothing at all, zero done.
Speaker 5: To them, absolutely zero, nothing will happen. Usually if we even take someone to twenty twenty a juvenile, we're calling their parents on the way, make sure you come get your child.
Speaker 1: As soon as they come in. They're walking straight out.
Speaker 5: And these kids understand the system that they can take it to the whole next level and then say, well, when I turn eighteen, I'll just get my record expongs. Absolutely ridiculous. Gun laws need to be increased, that we're not playing if you get caught with a gun, we're not playing games with you. We're gonna hold you accountable. You will do some time, You will do some time. So these judges need to step it up and stop playing games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's always very puzzling to me, because you know, if after Purvo had his way, he would take away everyone's guns. And that's not your position, because you had advocated on one of your posts that we should be armed. You know, you know, go to the rain train, learn how to properly use it. You know, you know, if you as long as you're lawfully able to carry a firearm, you probably should because that way you can defend yourself.
Speaker 5: And that's just the society we live in today. But now what is the perception of defending yourself? That's why I said, when you were downtown in this circumstance, and if somebody had a firearm and started to just let off, we would have at least twenty to twenty five people dead and more critically injured based on this situation while people were armed, and I bet you there were people that were armed that maybe just didn't pull their weapon at the time. But during that beat down, would someone had been justified to pull in and try to save the gentleman who was getting mobbed against, who was getting attacked and kicked brutally and savagely. He could be a damage for life, brain damage he was, and a woman savagely was struck. So if somebody would have put out a gun and start a firing, would they have been wrong?
Speaker 3: No, they wouldn't you know what I'm thinking of the guy who saved maybe multiple lives at that walmart up was it Milwaukee? The guy that was stabbing, he stabbed eleven people and long comes a marine with a firearm. They didn't put the guy down but stopped the violence from happening. If you have reasonable and eminent apprehension of grievous bodily harm that guy was suffering from grievous bodily harm at the time, or you have a legitimate, reasonable fear for your own life, you were allowed to use deadly force. So and I talked with the FOP president just the other day about that. He agreed with me completely. Absolutely use of a firearm or to those circumstances would have been justified.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: When people are freaked out, they think some left wing prosecutor is going to go after them for defending their lives or defending the lives of others. So there creates that reluctance in society because they think they're going to be the ones prosecuted, not the person given the beatdown.
Speaker 1: Now, this is interesting. I want to ask you some brother, Brian.
Speaker 5: When there's a UFC cage fight, they have a ref right there in the middle. Once this ref sees it's out of control and that person may even remotely lose consciously, they step in. That's it. It's over. You don't continue to go because why they understand the issues that continue to happen well, guess what. There was no referee down here, and we continue to see beat down another's hid in the face, another kicking a face, another jab in a faith. It was consistent with beyond almost aggravated assault, and they should be prosecuted to the highest level.
Speaker 2: Under a ewing.
Speaker 3: You know what, someday I want to be interviewing you as candidate for office. You run for council or maybe run for mayor or something like that. I think you get a lot of votes.
Speaker 1: Man, Yes sir, yes, sir, what you.
Speaker 3: Consider that You got to gleam in your eye. You have been considering it.
Speaker 1: It's not too late, yes, sir, it's not too late.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, you always have an opportunity here on the fifty five Caro Same Morning Show. I love your message, I love your passion. I know you care about the city, you care about our youth, and you know there's a better direction, the better path. Maybe we'll all wake up in the city and find that path in November.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, thank you so much. Man, man, it's been fun, it's been awesome.
Speaker 2: You come back again.
Speaker 1: Promise all about the truth.
Speaker 3: It is seven fifty six right now, fifty five kr C the talk station, we get the inside scoop from bright bart News tech editor Colin Maydine, and then the Daniel Davis deep dive at eight thirty. I hope you can stick around for these.
Speaker 1: News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: Not gonna be complicated, It's going to go very fast. Fifty five krz the talk station.
Speaker 5: This