Speaker 1: You know, now is the perfect time to give away some disturbed tickets. As you know they are coming to town and we got tickets to give away. Now. We give them away to people that we know are avid listeners of the show, people that have that iHeart app, which is free where you can stream and download podcasts, and of course use the talkback feature.
Speaker 2: That's what we use to give away tickets.
Speaker 1: First person right now that leaves a message with the talkback feature with their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to the question. We talked about a couple of guys with much younger girlfriends. They were former Patriots coach Bill Belichick. They were actor Leonardo DiCaprio, and we talked about what lead singer of what La band? We were just talking about them. If you know the answer to that question, you're going to win those disturbed tickets. But you have to have the iHeart app, be the first person to leave us all that information and you are good to go. We got some sports stuff coming up. We got the Today Game, which you have to listen live. We never podcast that Ben's got another scroll Patrol Cooking. But this segment is brought to you by Roller Town beer Works. That's the brewery up there in Solina that Ben and I are partners in. We have a big hot beer experience going on this weekend at the brewery with the hop Apocalypse. All kinds of great hoppy beers going on for that, including our new I Love La beer that you'll find out that was brew to support the fires or the people that were suffering from the fires out there in LA and help them raise money. It's a big effort that started with LA Breweries and we were the first out of California brewery to sign up for that. We're very proud of that. Also, make plans to join us on opening day at Live by Low's big roller Town party with the Ben and Skin Show Live. We'll be doing our show from three to six. Party starts at noon, will be there all day after party after the game when we get off there at six. Make your plans. March twenty seventh, Thursday, be there noon on into the evening. It's our big opening day party, Ben and skin Show and Rollertown beer Works. But right now it's time for this, and now it's.
Speaker 3: Time for Basis week Day up Day featuring veteran news anchor Kat fon tweets.
Speaker 4: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world. Because we normally did the Hollywood shuffle here, I'll just give you a snippet of Hollywood stuff before we get to the big stories that you need to know about. Next three episodes of SNL have been announced. Finally, we're back the twenty ninth of March with Mikey Madison and Morgan Wallen. Okay, Mikey Madison, who's everyone on top of it?
Speaker 2: We know who this is? I don't, I do. She just won an Academy Award.
Speaker 4: She just won an Academy Award for a Nora playing the role of Anorra.
Speaker 2: Okay, in which she has a lot of sex.
Speaker 1: Okay, my wife just said that she watched that movie on the flight to Colorado. However, she didn't get to see the final forty five minutes. Didn't that where everything gets weird.
Speaker 4: It's when it's when the movie basically turns into a Keystone Cops episode. Okay, it's pretty great, but also no, it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: She was in Once upon a Time in Hollywood.
Speaker 4: I remember her, yes, one of the Manson girls, and then she was in a show and if X called better Things. Morgan Wall and your musical guests again, Jack Black April fifth musical guest the combo platter Elton John and Brandy Carlisle bo if you want to suck the lifeile room for me, that's that's rough.
Speaker 5: Or Brandy Carlisle.
Speaker 2: I'll say both at this point.
Speaker 4: I was a Brandy Carlisle fan in twenty twelve, but she turned into like the gay jelly rollo she does. She's wonderful, yeah, but she's everywhere and you can't escape her now.
Speaker 2: She's at everything. Her music's kind of sleepy. It was not back in the day, but she got old and sleepy.
Speaker 1: You know, you get older and you get tired. John Hamm and Lizzo will be I want to watch them together.
Speaker 3: I think that's a matchman and heavan, yeah, there is. They probably could do that.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: By the way, did you guys see happen to see Jack White's Instagram post about what happened at the baseball game he went to in Japan?
Speaker 5: Sorry, go ahead. He was sitting with Bill Murray.
Speaker 2: That was that was a coincidence. That was not planned. Really.
Speaker 1: He went to a major League baseball game on the other side of the world in Japan, got to his seats and he was sitting next to Bill Murray.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is wild smaller world than you think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember when I went to Italy and I'm taking a tour. What's the last supper? He's in the last supper of the painting. You've seen it, all right, go into.
Speaker 3: The last supper in Italy before you went back.
Speaker 2: Boy, I would love to go back and have more suppers there.
Speaker 4: But seeing he took a tour of a painting, well, a tour of the church and the yeah, whatever, Yes, there's twenty yal.
Speaker 2: Seventeenth chapel the eighteenth.
Speaker 4: There's twenty people on the tour or whatever, because it's you're not allowed to have more than that, okay, because they don't want someone bum right and destroying the painting My protesters have done for And I meet a guy who is a big listener of ninety seven to one.
Speaker 2: All right, well it's again, it's over a year ago.
Speaker 4: But the world's smaller than you think. And that's how Jack White could end up next to Bill Murray. These things happening. You could be on the other side of the world and run into someone who knows you or ostensibly knows you.
Speaker 2: Yep, that was really good by Kevin. That's true.
Speaker 4: Cell phone bands that launched into some North Texas schools in recent years may be expanded statewide. Now we've talked about this because Richardson ISD and Lake Highland's High School have forked out money to get those yonder pouches so kids can't have their phones during class.
Speaker 2: But not everyone's doing that. And right now legislation's happening.
Speaker 4: For one hundred and forty days, they actually have to go to work, you know, I mean out look, I've said a lot about our politicians. I think a lot of them half asset. I think a lot of them hide. But for this one hundred and forty days, you got to go in and we actually talk about some stuff. And this is all these bills that are on Capitol Hill. You know, this is what happens. So they're discussing a bill. The thing that was interesting to me about this new bill that they're debating is the guy who has proposed this bill is a twenty six year old representative, so a gen Z representative. He said the constant use of phones is contributing to a mental health crisis. It's triggering classroom management problems for teachers. I remember, just you know, less than a decade ago, trying to sneak my phone into the high school classroom, and I was like, okay, I saw that, and I was like, okay, why was he sneaking it? Because they were always allowed, So what do you mean? The point is he is the one who started this, and I think it's wild that someone of that generation is proposing this bill.
Speaker 2: It's smart.
Speaker 3: Look, I if I was a teacher, that would drive me nuts. It drives me nuts just being out about you. Look around and everyone's on their phone, not enjoying in the moment being present, And then I got to go get on my phone, and then they're looking at me, going, hey man, how come you can't ask it?
Speaker 2: Like we're all buried. We all have our heads buried in our phones. It is.
Speaker 3: It does shock me when I can text my seventeen year old and I expect him to just get to it whenever, and he responds in class immediately, and I'm like, oh my gosh, really.
Speaker 2: I had it out, big deal.
Speaker 1: My son is on his phone constantly and responds to text messages three weeks later it's unbelievable genius.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't I don't mind them doing this.
Speaker 3: I think it would help, but it's not going to cure this disease we all have where we're addicted to our phones.
Speaker 4: Well, we can't just sit here and go and say, okay, well that's a law. Now though, we have to debate this, and yesterday's hearing, this is what happened. There was bipartisan support. Oh, let's go, which never happens never. So, but the problem that they run into is two questions. Question number one, who's going to pay for those pouches? Yeah, Richard's and d It was three hundred thousand dollars a day, forked out, get us pouches for eight camp.
Speaker 1: That would have been a good two bedroom, one bathroom home over there by Richardson High School.
Speaker 4: So this is how things like, Yeah, I think we should not let students have their phone in their classroom, but how are we gonna pay for it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I guess let them have their phone. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Question two that they were running into, and we have a quote from a representative from down in Houston. She says, I'm just thinking about the Uvaldi case and it was the children who made the nine to one one calls fair.
Speaker 5: I thought that too. If there's an emergency, how do you contact your parents?
Speaker 4: Well, this is where I would say something controversial, but I won't, you know, somebody, because there's a bigger picture issue.
Speaker 3: I was talking to somebody about local elections and it was somebody were telling me about town council and stuff that's happening out in the neck of the woods where I live. And they said that they expect voter turnout to be somewhere between six and eight percent.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, man, that's good. That's pretty good, Like pretty great.
Speaker 3: The people who are actually in invested in caring and getting out.
Speaker 2: It's nuts, man, I have a concept.
Speaker 1: Instead of spending all this money on these phone pouches, you want to really save some money. I mean, I know that's happening on the federal level right now. We're just slashing programs. What if we were to get rid of schools two one, four, seven, eight seven one night.
Speaker 4: Given that the Department of Education is now run by Vince McMahon's wife, I mean, I gotta say yeap, Like when the person in charge of the Department of Education, Like when you've seen her get body slammed in a bit.
Speaker 2: You're like, I know, this is tough for me to wrap my head.
Speaker 1: Around what I hear people that work in the school business talk about what's happening at school board meetings and what parents are saying all that. I'm like, you know what, I tell you what, why don't we just get rid of the schools and you go raise your dumb kid and we'll see how it turns out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got TikTok to be teachers. Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know why any buddy wants to get in that arena. It's tough. It's bad.
Speaker 3: You know, parents are the most irrational humans on earth. Like, no matter what, if it involves your kids, you're not going to be rational. And then if you're pretty much stirred up and irrational in general, I mean, that is just a nightmare.
Speaker 2: It's brtal. I couldn't do it. Get rid of the damn schools.
Speaker 1: Get rid of them, save all that money, and you can raise your dumb, idiotic kid again.
Speaker 2: Feel free to call in two and four seven eight seven, one kid get dumber by the second.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, more than thirty one thousand pages of class that they were classified documents related to the JFK assassination were released and put on the National Archives website.
Speaker 2: How many thirty one thousand pages.
Speaker 4: Trump said they'll be releasing eighty thousand pages eventually, saying, we have a tremendous amount of paper.
Speaker 2: You got a lot of reading to do.
Speaker 5: That's like an entire forest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a lot of papers, but it's all in PDF form on the website, so it's not like.
Speaker 3: Actually, need somebody to read it for me. Yeah, well, that's a long book. Come back and tell me like the main parts. It sounds like there's a bunch of like story building. I need to like, what are the key points?
Speaker 4: I got an interest, Like, did an email from the Dallas Morning News last night and it's like we have our our staff, you know, going through the files now and it's like a kind of a seven pmish email, And I was like, Okay, so there's stuff. You gonna have to read that for the next week. Like it's gonna take a long ass time. Many people have studied what's been released so far by the government say the public should not anticipate any earth chattering news to come from this.
Speaker 2: Plus everybody that's in it's old dead now right, Well.
Speaker 4: That's what I've lost my kind of give a crap, and I think it's because of just being too close to it. This is what people know our city for is kind of that in the TV show Dallas and Cows like. So it's kind of like I'm bored with it. But there was a time when I was interested in this. Yeah, but I imagine, dude, would your kids even understand? Your kids understand your kids are? Yeah, that's a weird question. Well, yeah, would y'all kids understand an assassination?
Speaker 2: What do they know about the j assassination? Man, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they know who the current president is. I really don't know what my kids are following. I really have no idea.
Speaker 2: Is it on TikTok? Yeah? Yeah, well I mean it might be.
Speaker 4: Now after this, y'all should go interview your kids and just just ask them what they like, Tell me what you know about the JFK assassination. Okay, just leave it simple, don't don't feed them in the bait here and just let them okay, see because I I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, that'd also interviewed my wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be cool if our kid was like, is that the guy that ate the whale meat?
Speaker 2: That's the guy that put the bear carcass in such a part. All right, there you have it coming up next.
Speaker 3: And around the sports, are the cowboys about to pay a bunch of money to another player we'll discuss next