Speaker 1: This is WBZ, Boston's news radio, redefining.
Speaker 2: Local news.
Speaker 3: Right now in Boston, seventy degrees at eleven o'clock. Good morning, I'm Nicole Davis saying, here's what's happening. A flurry of decisions are being handed down right now from the nation's highest court. The Supreme Court. Justices are wrapping up their term for the year and they are about to go on summer break. The court starting the morning with a ruling on how the power of lower federal courts can play out. Let's get the latest and a special report from CBS News.
Speaker 4: It is six to three ruling. It says individual judges do not have the power to grant nationwide injunctions. Has happened to President Trump's order banning birthright citizenship? CBS News legal analysts Rebecca Royfie.
Speaker 5: It made it so that the executive has more power than it did before. And you know, I think that that has been traditionally something you know, not about the Trump administration, but conservative legal actors have very interested in increasing the power of the executive and that's what happened today.
Speaker 4: CBS News Chief legal correspondent Jan Crawford.
Speaker 6: The court today was in multiple opinions by the majority concurrences as well suggested that this is a case where it may have very little practical impact in the birthright citizenship case. I expect we will never see that executive order implemented the court.
Speaker 4: Also, just real parents can op their kids out of LGBTQ themed instruction. CBS News special Report. I'm Michael Wallace.
Speaker 3: We are waiting now on President Trump to weigh in. He is set to speak on today's rulings coming up in just about half an hour at eleven thirty. Love the update on that as it comes down right here on WBZ and streaming on the iHeartRadio app. It was twenty five years ago today when sixteen year old Molly Bish disappeared from her town in central Massachusetts. That disappearance kicked off a mystery that continues to this day. Bish was working as a lifeguard in Warren on June twenty seventh of two thousand when she disappeared, and police say she was kidnapped and killed. Her remains were found years later in the woods in Palmer, and several suspects have been identified so far, though the case is still unsolved today. The Western County DA's office is asking again for help from the public. Dajoe Early says they are still trying to solve this case. They are dedicated to solve it and bring justice to Molly and her family. They say, sometimes with the passage of time, witnesses or people who know about a crime can be more willing to come forward if you have any information. Called the Worcester DA's office, and President Trump had mentioned a meeting between Iranian and US officials was set to happen at some point next week, but Iran's foreign minister says there's nothing on his calendar, and the White House is now clarifying those comments.
Speaker 1: Now questions about the President's claims that a run in the US would be meeting next.
Speaker 6: Week, we may shine an agreement.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: To me, I don't think it's that necessary.
Speaker 1: But the White House Press secretary says there is no meeting on the books.
Speaker 7: We don't have anything scheduled as of now.
Speaker 1: What is the whole of Karen trying to schedule it? You experiencing any resistance from your audience?
Speaker 5: Now have some patience.
Speaker 1: The Supreme leader, sounding defiance in his first public statement since the attack.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, Pata will talk.
Speaker 1: Claiming the US field to achieve anything significant and adding Trump quote grossly exaggerated.
Speaker 3: Not as ABC's Rachel Scott there reporting from Washington. It's a gorgeous stay out there today and it's going to stay that way for the rest of the afternoon. We are warming up nicely into the seventies right now, still seeing some midto upper sixties though if you're right on the coast and in the higher elevations. For tonight, we'll start off with some clouds and then we could see some showers. Overnight. We have low down to about fifty eight to sixty two, so right around sixty for tomorrow, there will be a bit of rain. I hate to say it, but we are going to start the weekend off with a bit of rain. Should be out of here though around lunchtime, maybe uh midday if you're out there tomorrow afternoon. Either way, we could have a rumble of thunder with those showers and a high in the mid upper seventies. Warm're still on Sunday with a lot of sun in a high in the mid eighties, and we are looking at a very warm day again on Monday. A little more humid as well, with a mix of sun and clouds and high in the upper eighties to low nineties. Sixty eight degrees at the Cape cog Canal Right now in Born sixty nine west of Boston, in Framingham north of Boston, seventy one in Middletown, and in the city at eleven oh five, it is partly sunny and we're it's seventy degrees now. We're just one week out from Fourth of July celebrations. Should be a good time. But over in Plymouth at white Horse Beach, they're lighting up the fireworks a day early. WBC's Jim McKay tells us why, ah.
Speaker 2: The comforting sounds of white Horse Beach kind of hard to imagine in just one week it'll sound like this the July third fireworks at white Horse Beach aart not your average show. Let's just say there's a lot of looking the other way when it comes to people bringing their own My kids even brave the traffic to come down. Okay, Joan has a beachfront property, something her family takes in every year.
Speaker 1: Great kids cover up Boston.
Speaker 2: It's quite the show, and it's an all night party, and it's even worth that traffic.
Speaker 7: Ru three on July second or third year.
Speaker 2: I want to be on it, but if you do, remember yours truly. WBZ News Radio has traffic on the threes employment Jim McKay, WBZ Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 3: Bellingham Police say a sergeant is on paid leave after being arrested in Rhode Island. They say Sergeant Kevin Heenan was arrested early yesterday in Wounds Socket. He's accused of driving under the influence and crashing into a parked car. He's also charged with carrying a firearm while intoxicated, and the police department says again he's on paid leave. After he's arrained, they're going to reassess things, but for now he's been relieved of all of his police powers. And while the President is pushing Republicans in the Senate to get his budget bill over the finish line before the fourth of July, there is still a long way to go to get it done. Here's abcason Nicole d' antonio.
Speaker 7: President Trump pushing Congress to pass his so called Big, Beautiful bill, But this morning some potential speed bumps. The bill, which already past the House, would extend and expand the tax cuts past during Trump's first term. It would also eliminate taxes on tips in overtime pay, spend one hundred and fifty billion dollars on border security, and raise the debt ceiling by four trillion dollars. But the biggest spotlight right now is on reforms to Medicaid, which Republicans are counting on to offset the cost of those tax cuts.
Speaker 3: Meantime, a key component in the Federal reserves decision to raise, lower, or keep interest rates study has been released. Here's ABC's Jim Ryan taking a look at the Personal Consumption Expenditures Index.
Speaker 8: The PCE shows that core inflation, which strips out food and energy costs, rose two point seven percent between May of last year and May of twenty twenty five. The Fed targets a two percent annual inflation rate, so from the central banks view, inflation still needs to come down before it cuts interest rates.
Speaker 3: And again, let s ABC's Jim Ryan with that update. You are now in the loop for news updates throughout the day. Listen to WBZS Radio on the iHeartRadio app. I'm Nicole Davis. Wb leaned to this news radio