Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. What's going on, sir?
Speaker 2: I munch and done good. How about you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing all right. I mean a big hectic this morning, but that's understandable. You've got a new haircut. I know people can't see it, but those that join us at the WSP in what three weeks time, I'm sure we'll see this.
Speaker 2: You need If it lost, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, it should definitely last. I mean, you look like an idiot, but I think it looks it looks kind of great. You definitely look like you play Ossie rules football. Yeah, which, by the way, I don't know if if you saw on social media, but like there's like this new sport. Have you seen this where basically two guys line up and they just run at each other a million miles an hour and basically kill each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's more rugby because whatever.
Speaker 1: Well it's that version of the like the slap.
Speaker 2: Like the slap. Yeah, it looks insane.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, it looks absolutely wild. I mean these guys were forced. Yeah, but didn't you just play something.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna line myself up against a three hundred pounds samoan and try and knock him to the ground.
Speaker 1: Okay, but like when you go play, when you play Aussie Rules, so like, are there big ass people on the other side.
Speaker 2: Not as much as like a rugby is. It's more about this more speed and agility than anything. Yeah, there's obviously some big guys, but they're not as effective in Aussie Rules. So I just try and run away from people and not get tackled. I don't like contact them a little bit of a baby, did you guys?
Speaker 1: I saw something on your Instagram some score that was absolutely outrageous.
Speaker 2: It was, Yeah, we crushed We absolutely destroyed Orange County Giants by ninety points, which.
Speaker 1: Is like, oh Orange County, huh, shout out producer Rich Ryan. He's to join the squad Orange County.
Speaker 2: Let's go look Orange County. Good bunch, a good bunch of blugs down there. So I might go play with them in a couple of weeks for the thing it's called the Sun Cup.
Speaker 1: If you and where was your team from?
Speaker 2: Basically, well, Vegas doesn't really have much of a team anymore, so I basically just an Arizona Hawk.
Speaker 1: Now, I would have bet lots of money on the Arizona Hawks versus something Orange County when it comes to Ousie Wilson, I mean it will wait. Orange County brings the heat and.
Speaker 2: There they've got some good players. But Hawks looking good. We're coming for the championship this year.
Speaker 1: All right, Well we're all over the place to start this part. Yes, but I mean I'll give you guys, you know, we'll peel back the curtain a little bit. Eight forty seven rolls around in the morning. It's it's Thursday morning, May eighth. I'm driving home, just picking up the coffees on the way home from dropping off the kids for the wife, and I Tim text me, are we still potting at nine? Immediately I'm like, oh shit, I forgot to finish the rundown of the topics. I like half did them, and then I kind of sketched them out the other day. I forgot got busy whatever. So Tim's like, well, what are we going to talk about? I mean, and then in my mind I'm like, well, if you're hitting me up thirteen minutes before showtime, you obviously have not prepared for the rundown. So it does not matter what I put on the rundown because you have not prepared. So we're just gonna hit on some general topics. We're gonna kind of bounce all over the place. Basically, we just want to talk to you guys, you know. So that's that's why we're here. You know, the dobasipy plus app. They announced kind of some some further solidified details. I know we hit on that last episode, but we'll you know, we'll hit on it again, and it is worth hitting on this multiple times because it is so important for the summer. You absolutely do need to have this app. So you know, we're going to probably drill at home with you guys, you know a few more times as we go. There are a couple updated WISIP rules that we want to touch on. Probably the most fun topic of this podcast, twenty five K fantasy. It is coming baby, and we are in the dance once again, well hopefully, but I'll talk about that when we get there. Our old friend, Poker's old friend, Aliam Siirrovich is in the headlines. I definitely want to hit on that. And then just a couple of news items as it relates to some online poker stuff here in the US that I'll quickly touch on as we go. So that's going to be the show today, and then I don't know, maybe we'll talk about some other stuff as always though, or at least as we're doing right now. Code words will be dropped at some point in this episode. Okay, so you need to listen through. You need to find those code words, and then you need to go to the Glean promotion link will be in the description. You can enter those code words. You get those raffle tickets. YadA ya YadA. Hopefully you're playing in the PGT Million Dollar Championship. This Poker Gol podcast is brought to you by play poker Go. If you want to play free online poker, emphasis on free, check out play poker Go. With play poker Go, you get the thrill of authentic online poker anytime, anywhere on your phone. You can do it on the web, from quick casual games to action packed tournaments. They also have sit and goes. Play poker Go lets you compete against real players around the globe, all for free. You can hone your skills, you can make new friends, you can enjoy an authentic poker experience. I love it. I play there pretty regularly. I know poker Go president more Eskandani plays their regular and he always tells me at least once a week he's like, you know, for a free to play poker game, this is like legit poker. These guys really know how to play. They're doing kind of tricky stuff, you know. It's not just like these other poker apps or games where people are just flying all in and all that sort of stuff. Like it's it's pretty legit. So when I do say you can hone your skills, I mean you can definitely like hone your skills, Like you can get in there and you can actually try, and you can do it for of course, very cheap, because the cheapest barrier to entry is free explore play poker Grow on web iOS and android. You guys can deal yourself in right now. Just head on over to play PokerGO dot com or of course find it in the app store or on Google Play. So the WSB plus app is going to be mandatory to play poker this summer. You must have the was B plus app, You must get an account, and then you can register for ANYBASIP event through the app. You're also still gonna need the Caesars Rewards cards. So I would say, if you're out there now and you're planning on playing the Wasp, you can just download the app to your phone right now. I know Tim has it, I know I have it. You know, plenty of people have already done it. You can kind of go through the initial process of things, maybe poke around a little bit, see what's in there, and then once you get to the property in Vegas, if you don't have one already, you can pick up a Caesar's Reward card and then there's gonna it's gonna prompt you in the app at some point when you go to register for a tournament, you're gonna have to enter that and link it. So so that's gonna happen. So so make sure you're prepared, don't you know, show up to the counter or whatever and they say, hey, do you have the app? And you say, oh no, what's that? Don't do that. Don't be that guy or gal. This replaces Bravo Poker Live. So I'm guessing no more kiosks at the series, you know, So I guess could just quickly as as a side topic, I don't know if you saw this, tim but Bravo Poker. Bravo released the thing saying like they're gonna update all their stuff. Oh and listen, you know I've said it before. It's about freaking time, man. That I mean, that is like the most archaic thing I've ever seen in my life. Now, of course it's it did help at the summer, you know, like being able to like just put the ticket in and like whatever. I mean. So, yeah, so I'm looking at some their the Bravo Poker Live Twitter slash x account right now.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Just kind of funny is that this graphic also looks very old and archaic. I feel like if you were moving to update everything, you would splurge on a graphic designer. So the graphic looked up to date as well.
Speaker 2: But they did.
Speaker 1: They did say We're thrilled to share exciting updates coming soon too, Bravo Poker Live. Thanks for your feedback. We're adding new features upgrading our platform to make your experience faster and seamless. Then they put a couple of bullet points of what to look forward to new look and feel for the Bravo Poker Live app, tournament registration functionality, within the Bravo Poker Live app, improved dashboard to manage, manage and fund your Bravo tbic account, and then enhanced waiting less sign up with mobile checking and push notifications. So I'll say that this isn't only because of what WSP is doing with WSP plus app. I would also say this is because of Poker Atlas right. Poker Atlas is definitely out there, so you know, I mean, the timing could be somewhat coincidental that this dropped in light of all the news coming out about the WSP plus app, but I would bet that this has been in the works for a little bit, and it's funny. One of the first comment rule of first, how is your company so absolutely terrible at graphic design?
Speaker 2: Lo o L. I'm reading this comment, when does registration open for WSP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they didn't get the message. That's kill Billy g. We should just fire him a message and say, hey, you're gonna need the WSP plus app, buddy. But listen, this is you know, this is why you know when I say things like we need like another online poker operator here in Nevada, stuff like that, it's because competition is good. Competition forced you to improve, to advance, to update. Like you know, we've talked about how the Bravo Poker Live app is. I feel like they launched it whenever they launched it, and it had never been updated since, you know. So finally it's going to get updated. So you know, now, of course we'll we'll, we'll poke around in it, we'll see how it is when when the updates come, you know. But that's at least a good thing that they're you know, they got a little kick in the butt to actually move things forward. So that's a side topic there with all of this. But back to the WSP plus app. So it is mandatory, as I said, you know, just download that to your smartphone device iOS or Android. You can find it in the various stores there. It's all going to be linked via what they call a GG pass account. Basically you're gonna have one like log in across all the different GG poker things, at least as it pertains to me here in the US, like poker Steak, which is owned by GG Poker, I use the same log in there. That's poker steak dot com where you can sell action and end by action as well. Also on Club GG, same log in there. Now for the WSP plus app going to be same log in there, I would imagine for those of you in the rest of the world, it's the same thing for GG Poker online, right, So all that's going to kind of be rolled in together. So if you have a GG pass account, that's what you'll log in with. If not, you'll have to create a new account. Then you pick your event, you're gonna have to connect your Caesars reward number as I mentioned, and then you can purchase your tournament ticket. Just reading through a lot of the stuff on social media, mostly coming from Kevmath, shout out to Kevmath for all the work he does and answering the bazillion questions that people are firing his way. You know, it sounds like everything's just going to be in the app. You know, like you're gonna have to go basically get it verified and whatever to put money in like one time, get your ID verified in all of that, and then once you do that, you can just click a bunch of buttons in the app. You know, that's where your tournament ticket's going to show up, with your table and seat. That's where if you're an alternate. It's gonna I would imagine it's probably gonna ping you, you know, at some point, but like, hey, your alternate one fifty four, Maybe it tells you to go to a late REGs table. Maybe it just it's all through you know, push notifications. It says, hey, you know, your table and seat is ready to go here, So that sort of stuff. It's also going to be stuff, as we talked about in the last episode, where you can find the tournament clock, you can find various information on the events. So I think it's certainly a welcome addition to the DOUBSIP. It's gonna make things much more efficient, at least that's how it should operate in theory. Now, I'm sure there's going to be some kinks to work out at the beginning. You know, I know that they've had it in the Bahamas for the past two years. The Bahamas is not Vegas. Vegas is fifteen x the Bahamas. So it's gonna be interesting. It's gonna be interesting right from the jump to see what sort of you know, kinks they have to work through. Because that first day is day one A of the Mystery Millions, and we know that thing gets eighteen twenty thousand people, so that's gonna be a fun one. One interesting thing that I saw when I was playing around with the wasp plus app is you can buy multiple tickets to an event. Now two things here is that one. I think they need to fix it because you can buy multiple pents for literally at least you can click the button like to go up to like I was able to click nine for the Dovaspy main event, and then you click purchase and it's like, okay, you own ninety thousand dollars. Well, we obviously know that that one's a freezeout, so that's gonna be one one update they're probably gonna want to do in these next couple of weeks so that you know freeze outs are freeze outs, other ones or whatever. But listen, I do like the fact, and I always wondered in the past when I go up to play let's say the Colossus, why can't I just buy three tickets? Yeah, and if I don't use them, okay, then it's on me to go refund them. But and then you could also have it in a thing where it's like okay, if you don't if you don't, go get them refunded by X date. Let's say it's December thirty, first, twenty twenty five at any sort of Caesar's property or whatever. Well, then you're just shit out of luck and you lost your money. I mean, who cares that? I always thought that would be a lot better instead of, you know, constantly having to go back to the cage. So this it appears like you are able to buy the multiple tickets, which would be cool. You know, I would certainly like that.
Speaker 2: Well, the fact that it's anya fine now it kind of you know, we don't really need to go line up, right, So you don't really need to buy multiple bullets in advance because you can buy while busting. True, that is very could actually just buy it? Well what else the river?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. Well what I was thinking is, you know, if you buy them in advance, are you like higher up on the alternate list? Oh? You know what I mean? Like it would essentially if I if I were to buy tickets today and no one else has bought tickets to Mystery millions. Okay, I'm let's say I buy two tickets, I go in, I bust now while I'm playing. It's like it's like a a like a tournament or sorry, a cash game sign up list where you know, I put my name, let's I call in, right, I put my name in, and my name is at the top, right. But if I'm not there, it just rolls it. So like if I'm still in the tournament and I don't use that ticket, like if I if I did purchase that ticket, I'm technically alternate number one. But if I'm still in the tournament or I don't like click like you know, accept or go play or whatever it may be. Whatever that mechanism is, it just kind of rolls me, and it keeps rolling me. But the fact that I did purchase it so early, you know, you would think that you would stay kind of towards the top, right that that that was my thinking behind it. So I don't disagree with you, Like I still think it's going to be extremely efficiently. You're literally you're gonna bust, You're gonna click a few buttons on your phone, you're gonna fire back in boom. But I was thinking, you know, if you did purchase things ahead of time, then you you know, you get up to that alternate list a little bit higher. So that was that was my thought there. But you know, that's one of the things that I'm going to be and I'm assuming everyone's going to be kind of keeping an eye on you know, how does it work?
Speaker 2: I am like, go ahead, No, I have a question. I'm hypothetically trying to buy into the Mystery Millions right now click register, and then before I purchase my ticket, it says, please note that you must register for this tournament yourself after purchasing the ticket. What does that actually mean?
Speaker 1: What does that even mean?
Speaker 2: Is there one more step we need to do? Or like, like, you know, we keep discussing this. We've talked to people, They're going to give us our table and seat. But then I don't understand this, like no, that we must register the to one of me yourself.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's because you haven't verified like your ID and stuff yet, Like you haven't done the one time like put your money in, like get your idea verified, all that sort of stuff ahead of time.
Speaker 2: Like because I've only done two of the three steps for verification because the other one third one is on site. So but yeah, that maybe that maybe that's a but it would be silly, you know that if we barth of this app, we buy it, and then we still have to go, you know, do one more step check in somewhere. Hopefully they can just send us, you know, your yellow section table seventeen, seat four. That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Another thing I'm curious about, just being like the the I guess kind of nerd I am about this sort of stuff is I feel like the entire Divisity schedule was completed before they knew that Doviasity Plus was going to be available to them. And I say that because and I'm sure there's people out there who have worked with apps, who have worked with websites, whatever it may be, that your dev team can tell you everything is load tested until it actually gets tested. Like I mean, I remember, like years ago going into the World Series of Poker when I was running the Poker News team. The first one of the first events was that forty K anniversary Nolamit hold Them event, and it was like, No, our website's ready, our websites' ready because we had just done a bunch of new stuff for the website. No, the website's ready, the website's ready, the website ready. Boom, website crashes Like in the first hour because you can't actually predict it like you can try. You can throw a bunch of stuff at it in this sort of you know, staging development world, but you can't ultimately be prepared for that day one. And why say that is like if you knew that do wasit plus app was coming to Vegas and the load that's going to be on it, would you actually start the dowicip with the Mystery Millions? Wouldn't you kind of be like, We're gonna start Day one is going to be the employees event and that five k opener, and then day two, day three, that's when Mystery Millions starts because at least you get a test on the first day of you know, probably one to two thousand people instead of five to six thousand people possibly, right, So that's you know, that's just a little interesting nugget there. Now I'll also say this, we gotta bear with the DOUBSIP and GG Poker and everyone. This is ultimately going to be a very good thing for the series. I fully believe that it's going to make things way way way more efficient. It's going to make the process way way way better. You know, of course, there are going to be some quote unquote growing pains with things as as you know, one everyone gets used to it. Like, there's probably going to be lines initially because you're going to have people that are coming to the WSB that need to go and do the whole ID verification and funding of the accounts like in person. Yes, but then after that it should be extremely streamlined. Right, So again, just you know, bear with every everything as much as possible because ultimately, you know, as the summer goes on, this is only going to improve and it's going to get better. It is going to be a very very good thing. And then in years to come, you know, in future summers, this is going to be a big benefit. And it's also something where I would imagine other operators take on a similar sort of path. You know, I know, Tim, you and I have already heard the There are various other operators we won't name names, but you know they've been poking around being like, hey, we should have this too. So yeah, there's that. I know, Poker Stars has the Poker Stars Live app, and outside of the US, you know, it works very similar to this. In the US. There's of course, all the the issues you and I did the whole Resorts World NAPT thing, and that was kind of like, well, what's the point of the app if I have to go stand in seventeen different lines and get eighteen different tickets and you know, all this sort of stuff. But again, maybe this is like this prompt Resorts World and the NAPT with Poker Stars, which is coming back at the you know, in the second half of this year to kind of streamline that that process. So all in all, I think this is a very good thing, and it's going to you know, if if this is the only like noticeable change. I know people have thought since it was announced that gigipover acquired the w SP that you're gonna like walk into Paris Horseshoe and it's going to be like a complete different thing. If if everything is the same, but this is the only change, it's a massive win. Okay. Yeah, Like so I just want to make that clear, and it's very cool. And listen again, if you are out there, if you're in Vegas, I would try and get this this stuff done early. You know, is there like a date when you can already can you go down there today?
Speaker 2: No? May fifteenth, I believe is the first thing.
Speaker 1: Well, that gives you essentially two weeks yeah ahead, So I would, you know, go down there, like get to get this stuff in order, Like you don't want to, you don't want to show up May. What is it May twenty seven, May twenty eighth, and there's that massive line of all the people wanting to play the mystery, Like, so go down there and get this stuff done. I think you and I will obviously try and do that.
Speaker 2: I uh, I'm just kind of playing around with the app, and I went to my much. You know, you can make your own story in the app. It's basically kind of like a Twitter feed. So I posted something the other day. You know, you can kind of post updates in the event you are asking questions. I don't know who's really going to respond to you, but when you click you know, your story or your profile page, there's stats. You know, obviously this says for me, this player has no data. I'm assuming people that have used this or you know, have a GG proger account, we'll have some data there. So you know, once I bust the colossus in the first level, that's probably going to say zero from one. It's got my first story. But then the third tab staking you know, it says my staking well has a typo there, but staking statics. I'm assuming that's supposed to be statistics. But it also has my purchase history. And I think that's kind of interesting that you know this is going to be kind of public. I'm not sure what the the general public is going to think of that.
Speaker 1: Will that all be public?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm assuming you can. Well, let's check. Let's see if we can access someone else's story. Well, I guess you know, whether it's okay, I'm looking at this person. Yep, I clicked on t con two four. He has a story that says will Stacks be blinded off? He's got a response there from someone kep Math should be in this app responding to everybody. But if I click staking, it says no staking information.
Speaker 1: Nowhere are you looking? By the way?
Speaker 2: Okay, so are you on the app? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I click on my profile, click.
Speaker 2: On your profile, then click on my story. Got it, and then you'll see the three tabs. Now, that person I just clicked on maybe he's never bought anything on poker Steak or that maybe it is public. But I'm just that's that's interesting, whether it's whether it is public's pretty cool or if it's just private. I guess we'll find out as the kind of series kicks off.
Speaker 1: Also, you would you would think that the the stats tab they would just populated with all like past data, right, I mean, now that you own the WSB brand, right, you should you should just basically import that data, yeah, and then you have it all there. So like if I were to go into let's say, Daniel lagron Is, I could see, like, you know, he's got seven bracelets, he's won this many millions, you know, this many cash is, like all all that sort of stuff. I think you would you would put that in there butt you know, maybe that's one of those like this is version one of the app, you know, where you're going to get version you know two, whatever, et cetera. It's going to go like that. So so yeah, I also wonder if I mean, you mentioned the story section, you know, and it prompts you in here it says, how's the tournament going? Is this going to be similar to like the Poker News my stack where can you can I enter just like just my chip count? And then it feeds into let's say the WSP dot com reporting. You know how is that going to work? You know, you and I have both heard that they're exploring talking to different reporters. So is the plan to ultimately take all the reporting in house? I mean, how is that going to work? You know, it's it's definitely there's a lot of like breadcrumbs that are out there.
Speaker 2: I don't think you've got to do your your chip counts, but I think it's more they want kind of people posting in a way my stack, but like without the chip count so posting questions, posting photos, you know, generating a bit of kind of content through the app, and like you can already see if you kind of you know, there's hashtags. There's for different events, as there's an overall WSP hashtag. You know, there's people can kind of browse the feed. You know, the post I had last week has a couple of thumbs up, a couple thumbs down. Quite rude. But I think that's kind of the goal. Whether we can put in counts, I'm not sure is good because I think, you know, we've both experienced firsthand the issues of my stack abuse.
Speaker 1: And I think my stack is goaded.
Speaker 2: No, I do too, But like I guess the only issue with my stack. Is is the abuse and you know, being able to put yourself at a million chips in the first level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think the abuse has actually been nullified, Like it's not really a thing anymore. I mean only was a thing for sure, But I think it's gotten much better now, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. But yeah, I mean I clicked this little story's button. There's a whole bunch of people in They're asking questions or they're just chatting or whatever the heck. I mean, it's essentially like a Twitter feed, but within this app.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna see if I can tag a play I'm gonna I'm gonna make a post right now. I mean, I also I can tag, Oh, I can tag players? Can I tag you? What's your name on this? Donald?
Speaker 1: Well that's the thing. So I go into my profile and at the top left, I'm g g six space AJJ.
Speaker 2: Okay, how many hell is that? Okay, mine's Timothy Duckworth. So how many ratification steps have you done?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So if I click on that, it says this is it says what is this idea? You must be a registered WSP player to participate in all wa Spy related competitions whatever, Like you know, the idea is the wsp player ID automatically generated when signing up for the app. But what's interesting is I mean, I feel like they should have my stuff on file because if I go to my story and then I click my staking, like, I have a whole bunch of staking stats from my time on poker Steak, like events sold one oh two, number of investors six seventy three, current available steaking seven, So like, you know, I have a bunch of stuff in there. So I feel like this should already just be tied in. I also don't like, and this is also something that I didn't like with poker Steak is that when you do sign in with your your GG pass, it gives me at least my name that I have on the club gg app, which is Daisy Duke, which is after my dogs. But like, why why can't it be Why shouldn't it be a photo of me and my name?
Speaker 2: It is? That's what mine is, minds me and a cowboy hat and my.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mine, mine's mind's the picture of a dog and it's a Daisy Duke.
Speaker 2: Go to profile that you can have display name or nickname. Nickname would be Daisy Duke. Real name would be Don Repeats, And you can change the photo right there, and I changed the photo. I went to my display name because I'm assuming when let's say we both play the mistream millions, right, mine would say have a photo of me and have Timothy Duck with you, alas would have a picture of a dog and Daisy Duke. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it should just default to real name.
Speaker 2: I think it should, but maybe there's maybe some legal reasons why it's you can get to choose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever, legal All right, we've done enough going through this app. But I mean you guys should do basically what Tim and I just did is play around with it. That way, you familiarize yourself with the app. You're ready to go for the summer. The more people that you know are up to speed with how the app operates and all that already have it on their phone, et cetera, the faster the entire summer process is going to go for everyone. So my recommendation is to get the app, play around with it a little bit. Of course, if you have any questions. I mean, he gets blown up a lot, but probably hit up keV Math on Twitter or just you know dump it in the app app, as is evidence by the fact that there are a lot of questions in the app already. That's another thing, by the way, they should they definitely.
Speaker 2: Need a dedicated support.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there needs to be somebody in this app NonStop responding to these questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like you know, it's just like basically every time it comes in, you know, a ticket needs to go through to whoever or somebody is just constantly in the app just you know, firing stuff away obviously. I mean that could be Kevi Math, yes, but it also should not be Kevi Math because he's doing a business business.
Speaker 2: I've seen I clicked a random story, I've seen him responding to someone's question. So he's in the app, but he is answering questions. Shout out to Kevi Math for double duty Twitter and WSPS.
Speaker 1: He should have an increased salary. I would hope if he's doing this and that keeping with the WSP, there are a couple of tournament rules that are new slash updated for twenty twenty five that we just wanted to hit on. The one that's being talked about the most is the one that has to do with electronic devices and what they're doing. How about this, I'll just read the rule, okay, and then we'll discuss. So, once participants have reached the final three tables in any tournament, all approved electronic devices must be removed. An announcement will be made to participants once they have reached the final three tables to remove all such electronic devices. Failure to do so will result in penalties up to and including disqualification. So this could be twenty seven players left, This can be twenty four players left, twenty one players left. It just depends what the tournament is, and then you're going to have to be electronic device less going forward. I find this a little bit interesting. I mean, on the surface, maybe it's a good thing, but I don't know. Like part of me is like, if you're if you're promoting people play all these WACIP online events, then what happens if somebody also makes the final three tables of a tournament while they're doing that? Yes, that is one thing. Another thing is like I just feel like, so, for example, are we gonna lose Daniel and the grandeou vlogs if he makes the final three tables of an event.
Speaker 2: It's him, They're gonna let me.
Speaker 1: But okay, but that's okay. That's a separate issue, is that, you know, doing something for something something for somebody else. I just feel like, I feel like this issue would be better solved if you just had dedicated floor person for the final three tables of a tournament, and then that person can essentially watch things, you know, like just make sure that people aren't on their phones on you know, the different solver apps or whatever the it is, you know, because that's what that's what this is geared towards, you know, getting rid of right. So so yeah, I don't know. I feel like I still do feel like there is a bit of an overreaction from what happened at the Spin Event final table last summer with Jonathan Tomayo and Dominic Niche with the laptop on the rail sort of stuff. And I just I don't know, I don't I don't fully get it, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's good to they're trying to protect everybody, they're trying to protect players, completely get it. I think it's fine. We do some of this stuff in the studio, but the difference between the studio and the World Series of Poker is that it's our environment. We control everything, and it's much easier for us to execute World Series. We're gonna have three you know, we're gonna have a tournament plane down at three tables. It's gonna be over in say the gold section. There's another table, you know, on the main stage. There's three of those. You know that who's taking the phones? Where we're putting the phones. There's a safety issue here with you know, people being able to access other people's devices, or are they going to just let the players kind of keep them in their pockets.
Speaker 1: Probably just keep them in their pockets. I would guess yea put out, it's just whatever.
Speaker 2: So then the other issue is obviously you have you know, people vlogging, you know, you have people. I just think it's going to be hard to manage. I think the motivation behind it is fine. How efficient or how effective the rule will be will be kind of a bit more up for discussion. Obviously, when we do film feature tables, we do take the phones, but that's from a couse of medic reason than anything.
Speaker 1: I also think it's interesting, just from a macro standpoint that everything in society has trained us to be on our phones like mobile first, right, including things like basically plus app, you know, doing the poker news my Stack app, and doing the live reporting like all that sort of stuff, right, you know, playing w CB dot com events on your phone on mobile, Like everything is is geared towards we are a mobile first society. So what I'm getting at is like I think people are just naturally going to pull their phones out of their pockets because that's just how they're They're like trained, like that's that you know, you just pull it out. You don't even realize that you just pulled it up, right exactly, Like I mean, can't you do things like if this is obviously geared towards the whole solver thing and using those sorts of programs and whatnot to gain an advantage? I mean, can't you just like geo blockgto wizard dot com.
Speaker 2: I'm just going.
Speaker 1: To have an app like you have to go to actual gto Wizard dot com Like that's how it works. So like, can't you just geoblock that website for in the Horseshoe and Paris?
Speaker 2: So yes, But here's the other issue, And I kind of had a long discussion with some of that plays about it is that, you know, if we're talking about cheating, obviously, the first way you cheat is okay. The second way you cheat is you're looking at these apps while playing poker. Okay, so that's easy to outlaw you just no phones, et cetera. But then, well, are we taking away Apple watches too? The other part is that, okay, we're not taking away Apple watches or garment watches or any other smart device. You got those metaglasses. Now, how about you know you can still receive texts, you know, like people can text you charts or text you yes or no answers, So you know, you can step away from the table and say something like, you know, ace ten cut off seventeen bigs seven handed to your friend or your coach, who can then go access gtr wizard or whatever. You know, however they're looking whatever charts they're looking at, and just send you a text back that just says fold twenty eight percent. Right? Isn't that technically also cheating? I would say yes. So it's like, where do we draw this line with how to kind of protect and outlaw certain devices or certain things. And it's tough. I think it's way too It's way more complicated than people really want to think about. You know, they've just kind of slapped this rule up and think that covers everything. But I don't really think it does. And so for us in the studio, I'm kind of and I'm not the only one, like Paul, like the IRA people are also just kind of hands off because there's too much to this. There's too many levels to what players can do or what they really want to do if they had to.
Speaker 1: I mean, I also just I mean, maybe I'm just a complete idiot and I'm naive, but I feel like I've been around enough poker, I've played enough poker that I just don't think solvers are actually an issue. Like I mean, I don't, like, I like, no one is. I have I have yet to see someone. I mean, listen, if somebody is on a solver in the middle of a hand at the WSP or at any tournament, Okay, I totally get it, but like that's the most obvious thing because they have to like have their phone in their hand, which is you can't have your phone in your hand when you have a lot anyway, Like it doesn't matter if you have a solver open, or if you're you know, talking to your wife about what dinner is later tonight, like it doesn't matter, you know, So like that is I think that solves that rule. Now, if somebody wants to look at a solver like in the middle of like after they fold a hand, how is that any different than when a golfer shoots a t shot and then discusses with his caddy what he's gonna do on the next shot, or gets up to the green and he spends fifteen minutes, you know, trying to look at the lay of the land to see how the ball is going to roll, and talking with his caddy and all this sort of like how like well, like I just I don't I don't really see that. I don't see the solver stuff as an issue. Now, Listen, there are other ways to get advantages, there are other ways to cheat, like that sort of stuff I understand, and that sort of stuff, of course needs to be addressed and ruled out. But as it pertains to the actual solvers, I don't know. I still personally feel like all of this and it's not just the WS beast off, it's everywhere. It's just a bit of an overreaction to the stuff that happened with Tomaiyo and Dominic Niche, Like, I mean, what does it matter if like you're sitting across the table from me and you're looking at what to do with your ten big lines? I mean, like I don't necessarily maybe I just don't care that much about like what people are doing. And if I and I've been in a spot, you know, a couple of years ago, I remember pretty distinctly, I was playing the Colossus. This was like maybe the first year it moved a horseshoe, and the guy on my direct left was looking at a solver and this was obviously before all the solver stuff like really became like a hot issue, and he kept looking at it between hands. So in my mind, I'm just like, Okay, I have a decent idea of how these solvers operate because I look at them and try and study them. So I now know how this guy's gonna play. Like, so I know that he's got eighteen big blinds over there. If he three bet jams on me, his range is going to be probably pretty confined to X because he's just looking at a solver versus like if I'm looking at some guy who you know, just got off the horse rode in from Texas, shout out to all the cowboys out there, yourself included. Like you know, I mean, that guy could be shoving with you know, King Douce Off because he just looks at me and says, this kid doesn't have it, like you know. So it's like, you know, I feel like it kind of goes both ways. I don't know. I just I feel like one side of the entire community wants to make poker like this, this elite mind sport. But then the other side of the community is like, no, you can't have the things that make it this elite mind sport. It needs to just be a peer to peer game. I don't know. Maybe I'm just the idiot on an island here and I'm just you know, I.
Speaker 2: Think we should want everyone to get better. I think, you know, I think it helps the industry. I can see the arguments to it not helping the industry, but you know, people getting better, I think they're going to play more, events will keep growing, prize schools will keep going bigger. So I don't think we should be opposed to people wanting to improve, just like an athlete wanting to get uh, you know, a running coach or wanting to get a strength and conditioning coach. This is kind of a version of that.
Speaker 1: I also think along those lines that it's the way that we've as I'm talking like we as a community have gone about this entire issue. It's almost like when you see someone looking at a solver in a tournament, you're like, oh, that guy's a cheater. Like, no, he's not a cheater, Like he's he's he's Like it's like if you said this athlete is is going to do the bench press, you know, or he's doing some squats because he wants to like get better little lower by strength, Like no, in his in his downtime or whatever, He's not that's a cheating, Like, it's just he can actively working to get better. So like, don't don't classify these people as as cheats, which I think it's just very easy to to give that sort of characterization and that's not that's not how this should be.
Speaker 2: Everyone. The thing is everyone has access to gto wizard. They can go you know.
Speaker 1: Can I just say one thing quickly? I know and it's not just now I'm just you. You said it, so I'm gonna bring it up. It's we always default to gto Wizard. I think everyone does that, but it's it's not just gto Wizard. There are I'm always about there, so you know, it's it's not just like.
Speaker 2: So everyone can access off to the.
Speaker 1: First of all, apologies on behalf of the community, the gto Wizard, because I feel like they catch the brunt of a lot of this stuff because people are just like gto Wizard, G Wizard, GT Wizard when we should just say like solvers.
Speaker 2: Solvers, Yeah, solvers, chots, whatever it is. Everyone has the access to these. They can pay the subscription, pay the membership, whatever it is. You just have to put in the time yourself to to understand how to use it. Now, we've talked about poker and how you spend a lot of time trying to get better at poker. Me the complete opposite. Don't want to spend my time looking at charts. And I'm not going to really judge anyone for doing that because that's my decision. If I really really cared about getting better and wanting to be some high stakes hero, I would spend the time looking at charts and understanding this stuff, but I don't. But everyone has equal chance. It's not like gto Wizard or op to Pipoker or run at Once is captive a certain amount of users. Anyone can go sign up to these sites. So just like anyone go lift a you know, lift a dumbella running outside.
Speaker 1: Going back to what we talked about the beginning of the episode Ozzie Rules Football, I know you have obviously taken a lot of like prioritization with your health and fitness. Anyone can do that when they go to play Ozzie Rules Football. People shouldn't show up to Ozzie Rules Football on Sunday or whatever the heck it is and be like, oh, Tim's cheating because he just bought a sauna and he has a personal trainer, and he has all this gym equipment and whatever. Like you said, everyone has access to that if you want to do that, like and just because Tim does that and now can outperform you on the field, doesn't mean Tim is now cheating. Like I just I just find it again a little bit weird that you know, we want poker to like grow and whatever, yet we just we kind of like we have these opposing things working against one another. Again, you know, poker is commonly equated to golf. Golf has caddies and you're constantly talking with your caddy in between shots and trying to figure stuff out and get tips and whatever. You know, Like on in regular sports, you have coaches who are helping you and talking to you and possibly calling time out and you know, being like, hey do this do that? Drawing stuff up on a board. Like you know, in football, the quarterback gets off the field and goes over and he's either looking at a tablet immediately or he's looking at printed pieces of paper that show what the defense was doing. Like, so, I don't know. I just don't think that the solver issue is really that big of an issue in live poker, you know, again, in the middle of a hand, like if I'm like pulling up my phone on the turn saying like, hey, this guy just bet twenty five percent, what do I do with this hand? I get it. That's completely not allowed. But that's also that's not allowed anyway, because you can't have your phone out period, like when you're doing that. So I don't know. Now you want to talk about online poker, completely different universe, and I think that stuff is much more important to be addressed there, Like it's just rampant in terms of what everything is happening now live. I don't know, I just personally don't really see it that often in terms of it being a very bad thing. And again maybe I'm just a total idiot. And but just listen, don't have your phones out with three tables left in a tournament at the divsp'. That's the gist of this, bringing it back full circle. I also wonder, is I don't I didn't see it in the rules or maybe maybe I just missed it because I was kind of just skimming them. But is is this one of those things where you can like get up and move to Like if I want to get on the phone, can I like walk to somewhere?
Speaker 2: I'm assuming you can like step away from the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I'm just I know that I know that they have a similar rule, if not the exact same rule at WIN when you get down to the final three tables, like you can have your phone, but you can like get up and like go to the aisle or whatever, you know, and then use your phone. You know that sort of thing. So I just find that's that interesting or what I'm assuming that would can Can.
Speaker 2: I listen to music?
Speaker 1: I would guess no.
Speaker 2: If but if my phone's away, right, I'm not touching my phone, I can still listen to music.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, But I mean that's going to.
Speaker 2: Be an issue because some people like need something in the ear and so that's just too bad.
Speaker 1: I actually think that like having headphones in is probably an easier way to do something nefarious than having your phone out. How do I if you have your iPods in, your ear pods in, how do how do I know you're actually listening to the music in your pocket or you're not just talking to some guy upstairs or on the rail, or like how do I know that? Like that's different?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, like you can just be on mute, right or you know, yeah, or someone's talking to me or I'm on a FaceTime call. I think the biggest issue, and we've seen it a little bit in our studio and I'm wondering how to affect the World series is these new the new metaglasses that people wear where you can scan food and you can I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I don't think those should be allowed either.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the capabilities aren't, you know, you know, not to put anyone on the spot. Dane or Groundo has a pair he was using by the studio, but more for fun. He was like, how many calories is in this bag of nuts? And you know he he I think he brought up himself. He can correct me if I'm wrong that. You know, these could be an issue, but he bought them for obviously, not to cheat them to like his life. And you know, I've seen other people wear them. I've seen some media people in the poker industry have a pair. I think they're kind of cool. I don't wear glasses, so it's not something I'm going to spend. Who knows how much they cost on. But that's I think the more of an issue than anything, because you know, you can I think you can bring up charts and videos on the screen so only you can see it. No one else could tell that. You know, you're watching something or looking at a chart or a solver or whatever. I think that's something to really watch out for and kind of keep your eyes on in the punt going forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I would specifically ban those those types of glasses. I don't think that they should be allowed. You know. Now I know somebody who has them might be like, well, they can just be sunglasses if I just turn them off. Well, you know, I'm not chattering those, you know any sort of like I mean smart classes is that what they're called. I don't even know, but those I would for sure just put like a one hundred percent ban on those. I would also I do like banning you know, headsets and and you know, music devices and stuff like that, you know, because again I don't necessarily know what's what's in them. You know what if you just make a track that's literally just you talking about tournament ranges on reports.
Speaker 2: Oh think of that. Yes, that is actually and.
Speaker 1: That's like you know that could happen. Yeah, So it's like it's like that's just ridiculous. So I would just again like you have to like there are certain things that yes, I think you're just like this is all banned over here, like you can't you can't use this, this and this like end of story, see you later. Like that's just how it is. And if you're somebody who you know, I would even go as far to say like okay, like let's say somebody shows up with those metaclasses and they are ultimately it's final three tables, So they're on a feature table. Let's say, and they say, well, I have this eye thing, I need sunglasses and whatever. If I'm the operator, I have like like when you go to a nice restaurant and you're supposed to wear a coat, but you don't have a coat, they go pull a coat out of the back and they say, put this on. You know, so I would have a bunch of glasses, you know. They would they would probably be just those cheap sunglasses and they would have they would have doubicippy on the side, and I would say, here, you can wear these if the light bothers you, like, you know, like that sort of thing, like because that's what I don't want people to like make that claim. Well, you know, medically I have to wear these glasses or the light bothers me or whatever, Like, Okay, here's some glasses. Have fun. You're not wearing these, Like you're not wearing the ones with the camera on the side that's just not happening, or the glasses that have the the audio earbuddets. You're also not wearing those, you know. So I think all that stuff. I'm fine with, like totally banning that, I get it, you know, But I think the phone thing is like kind of like, I mean, I don't know. Again, it's maybe this is just me being naive. I just don't personally see it, or maybe I just don't necessarily care as much about somebody being on a solver. And and I also kind of think that that thought is shared with a fair amount of the high stakes community. Again because in the studio, like, huh, we don't we don't say no, you can't look at a solver. All these everyone in the studio knows you could possibly look at a solver. Now, of course you can't do it in the middle of the hand. We totally get it. But like, you know, like so I just find that interesting. So again, it's one of those things where this rule is now on paper. We're gonna have to see how it plays out. I'm guessing though it's it's probably pretty good overall, both from policing it on the operator side and then also from the players side, because so much was made of the the Jonathan Tomiow and Dominic Niche thing at the WSP Main Event final table. You know, again, that was the biggest stage to actually have that happen on. So I think a lot of people are gonna kind of just not do it anyway. You know, They're going to be like, I don't want to be that guy. I don't want to get called out, you know, I don't want to be decued, you know, I don't want to have a penalty whatever it may be. Now, this next rule though, this one' let's go baby. A participant who intentionally dodges his or her blinds when moving from an existing seat must forfeit both blinds and the big bine ante if applicable, and will receive a one round penalty. Give these people a seven round penalty for all I care. These people are the worst of the worst.
Speaker 2: Wait did the blinds go though? Is it a splash pot or put it in the pot?
Speaker 1: Who cares? I mean maybe they just take them off the table. I don't know, But who I don't care where it goes. That person does not get them. It's it's ridiculous when you see these people walking around like with their head up, acting confused, and you're like, bro, your table is right okay, or your table is here and I'm sitting at it sit your ass down and let's I.
Speaker 2: Find the funniest one is when someone has like who comes up to a full table and they're like, what table numbers this? I'm like, buddy, there's no seat here, just like, yeah, are they are?
Speaker 1: They are? They come up to that table and they say, hey, what table numbers this? And then they they like they come up. Let's say the table's four, and the dealers like table four, and the guy has like card sixty four, and then he goes to the next table. What table's number is this? Bro? You have sixty four? We just told you it's four. It's probably on the opposite side of the room, Like, what what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean I guess my first question is, yeah, what happens with the blinds that should be in the rule? Should are they? Are they removed from the tournament? Or they made as a splash pot? If they're a splash pot, think about it. You see someone walking around and you're on the bottom with aces, right, you're gonna just call the floor up and be like, hey, he's at this table.
Speaker 1: I would as soon it be like the next hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So then like if you have a good hand or you have a bandhand. You probably want to you know, there's there's some you can do some finagling with that pot.
Speaker 1: But I mean, I know, I know you like to get into specifics and details more than I do. I'm I'm just happy that that this rule is on the books and people can look at it and say, no, your ass was walking around the tournament area clearly trying to miss blinds, like let's go, like, let's let's figure this out.
Speaker 2: And I get Look, I get it, I've gotten I mean I got loss at nap t trying to find my table because it was in it. We're in one section of the room, and the one table on the other side of like the the you know, the little carridors they put in was my table, and bloody you've took in. Jeremy Becka's like, are you blind dodging and like, no, I honestly don't know where my hell my table is and it was on the other side of the room, which made no sense. So I get it. It is hot, but you don't go to you can tell when someone's dodging blinds. You know they're going to every table they're going to.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you can just you can count your face and you just like this guy is for sure dodging the blinds, like you know, you know what's happening.
Speaker 2: And I mean, like, yeah, it's annoying so many people do it. It's at least this is good. This is a Maybe one round penalty is not enough. Maybe forfeiting both blinds is not enough. Maybe it should be worse.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I'm I'm for having this rule. I'm for actually enforcing it. I think these people are just the worst, you know, trying to get this ridiculous advantage. Just go to the next damn table, pay the blinds. I mean, it happens, you know. Like I would also add that, you know, even even before this this rule, because oftentimes this happens because a table broke. If you're caught stalling at a table that's about to break because you don't want to pay the blinds, you should also get a penalty.
Speaker 2: Look, I've done that. You should It's it's like stolen to get to the money. Okay, it's not.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. If it's day one a of the Colossus and you're asked a stalling no, you should be get out of here.
Speaker 2: Ok.
Speaker 1: Not not if it's a four and you're looking at a seven thousand dollars prize jump on a four dollars buying. Okay, understandable, I get it. That's within the strategy of what's going on here.
Speaker 2: There is an installing and it's only really acceptable closing in on the money pay jumps, and to a degree, if you have like sub ten big blinds or something and you're about to get a table breaks.
Speaker 1: I actually have a question. This brings something up. So I know some places I would say chief among them is the studio. Is that when you get down to a certain time on the clock five minutes left right, they pause the clock and they draw for hands so that people can't stall for the next blind jump. Whatever. What if you did that for table breaks? Hey, this table's breaking next, you have two more hands to play, like and it's just listen, it's two hands to play, or it's whatever hands to play. That's just how it is. But like we're not letting you be, like you come over or it's sometimes they don't announce it, of course because they don't want people to stall. But you see the guy rocks up with this giant wheelbarrel of racks. You know your table's breaking next there's no other tables around, you know, so people you know, might play a little bit slower whatever. But what if the floor person just be hey, three hands, that's what we're doing, don't I.
Speaker 2: Think it should just be random table break? Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you really do? Can you really do random table break at the wsh A P like let's say losses when.
Speaker 2: There's no under tables. Once you're in the money, you can get to a point where you can start doing it. Now do I want to do it with sixty tables left? No? But you could expand to say ten tables.
Speaker 1: Sure, But that's but that's where I'm saying. Before that, could you do you go up to a table and you you just high card at the table, Hey one through four, pick a number of hands, let's go.
Speaker 2: I mean that number. I don't know if it's that vital that like early on in a colossus. I think it matters more later.
Speaker 1: In the I mean, listen on the on the the prioritization total poll, it's probably very low. But what I'll say is that if you're trying to improve everything, this is something that you could that could potentially be improved. Sure, so you know, you go up to the batch of tables that you're about to break, you draw, you say, okay, guys, you're playing three more hands, don't stall, like, let's let's go, you know, let's make this happen. And I think that that could could could work, you know. So those those are the rules mainly, but the most important rule, of course is what we hit on first basby plus app get it, you're gonna need it. Let's go. All right, twenty five K fantasy is back, baby, and at least I am hopefully in it once again. And I say hopefully because I have to sell action. I don't play. If I don't sell action, I'm not going to put up the whole twenty five K myself. That's just not how this works. We do have a listing posted on poker Steak. It's Team dp m D because I will be drafting with friend of the pod Mickey Doft. We've already been deep into our research for a couple of weeks now. I'm just kind of trying to do a little bit every single day, so that stuff is happening. If you want a piece of the team, no markup, of course, never any markup. You can head on over to poker steak dot com. You can find the listing there. Again, it's Team DPMD shares are as low as twenty five dollars. And then I mean, if I listen, if I know you personally and we've talked in the past, feel free to DM me and we can do something on the side. But of course it's a bit easier if we can just do everything through poker Steak as much as possible. So would love for everyone to be able to get into the mix and sweat along. Again, if we don't sell out, we won't be in. And something I've also said is that the year that I don't sell to get in is the year I'm done doing it. I mean, I just think, you know, it's like it's like, Okay, the run is ended. I'm just gonna move on with my life. There are two rule changes this year, kind of small but notable. So one thing that they're gonna do is for anyone who wins a bracelet, you're gonna get a twenty five point bonus, So it boosts up that first place points total a bit more.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Let's say it's a ten k event, first place would be one hundred points. With the old rules, first place to be one hundred, second place to be ninety, third place to be eighty, et cetera. So you know, the jump from like second to first, isn't that meaningful. I mean, it's good to have the additional ten points, yes, but it's not really that much. Now this year it'd be ninety to one twenty five, so winning like actually matters much more, so that's good. The other rule change is that so they had the field size bonus was capped at eighty one players, the final eighty one players for events that were less than one thousand dollars. This year, it's going to be events that are fifteen hundred or less. So that includes things like the Mystery Millions, you know, which had a massive field bonus last year. It'll include things I think like the Monster Stack, the Millionaire Maker, that sort of stuff. I would guess those are also included in there. Just need to I just need to verify I guess if it's if it's fifteen hundred and lower or fifteen or lower than fifteen hundred. Just need to kind of clarify that. But either way, it's going to include a few more events for that field bones not that the field bonus won't be big. It's just going to be harder to achieve because it'll be a fewer spots. It'll be capped at the final eighty one entries. So we got that. I know you bought a piece, so you're aided, of course. I mean, listen, we won the thing two years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you better win it this year.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping. I'm really hoping. You know, last year I felt like we had some unfortunate spots, I would say. I mean, listen, obviously everyone knows we drafted Daniel last year. Everyone knows the stuff he goes through because he puts it on the vlog every single day. And he got just in a lot of spots deep in tournaments, which you know sucked. And then the other one was, you know, Sean Winter. I thought got afft a lot deep in tournaments. You know, most notably was the two hundred and fifty K when he had Kings versus Taylor von Kreigenberg's Queens, and that was for a ton of chips with like two tables left or something, maybe even the final time I can't remember exactly, but yeah, I mean that would have been absolutely massive, massive, massive for us, but you know, such as life. But you know there are fewer things I find as fun as fantasy poker all somewhere along. So if you want to join along again, you can head on over to poker steak dot com. You can find our listing, or you can look at my Twitter page. I've been posting about it with the listening there again, if I know you personally, if we've you know, done some deals or whatever in the past, or maybe you've bought some action, I don't know, but just you know, you can hit me up with a DM and we can do things that way. But it should be fun. Poker Goo will be streaming the draft once again. It will be on what is it Tuesday, May twenty seventh.
Speaker 2: Yep, a one o'clock.
Speaker 1: I think one o'clock. It'll be on the poker Go YouTube channel in addition to poker Go, so you guys can check that out. Are you back as auctioneer?
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's my call. I think that's a miss Daniel Groner's decision.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, has he talked to you?
Speaker 2: He hasn't. Maybe I'm out. Wow, I may the replace him?
Speaker 1: Know you should do? Is you should send him a photo of your haircut and you'll be back there.
Speaker 2: You know, that might actually definitely force me out.
Speaker 1: So that I think you're in. So so yeah, twenty five k fantasy. Let's go. Hopefully we get back in there. We sell the action that we need to if you want to sweat again, poker steak dot com action as low as twenty five buckeroos. So let's have some fun. Let's try and win it again this year. All right, Moving on, we got some news coming out of Florida. Aliam Sirovich kicked out of the Run Good Poker Series Best Bet Jacksonville main event. Now I find this a little bit interesting. He was kicked out of the I think it was a twelve hundred dollars buy in main event after the dinner break on one of the day ones. There were eighty players in the field or eighty entries in the field total, there were thirty left, and he was the chip leader. From what I understand, they went on dinner break, they come back and he's gone, and then it's confirmed that he was in fact removed from the tournament. Now, a couple things. One, why did they wait till the dinner break to get rid of him? Why didn't you do this? Now, I'm not saying that like somebody at the registration cage necessarily knows who the heck aliam Sirovich is or everything. You know, they're you know, they're just working away doing the thing, collecting the money, giving you a ticket and moving on. But somebody didn't see him in level one be like, uh, hey, like you know you can't play. The other thing is that he has cash is at best Bet like in November and in January, So like, was this a run good decision? But again, why wasn't it made earlier? Was this a best bet decision? But then why have you been letting him play in other events? So I'm just listen, it's obviously what aliam Ssirovitch did and the fact that he didn't really come clean about all the cheating allegations and whatnot, like it doesn't help his cause in any sense. But like I just from a venue standpoint, I'm kind of just wondering process here, Like, I mean, if you're not gonna let him play, then you know, don't let him play, But are you just like I don't know because maybe the partner said something, but I don't really understand. I don't know, you have obviously dealt with this a little bit more of commissioner, I mean, what are your thoughts on this whole situation.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, the fact that he has cashes, you know, within the last few months, shows that he's been allowed to play obviously at Best Bet, so it seems like it comes more from possibly run Good side of things, which is fine, nothing against that. Maybe just hey, do it a little earlier then dinner break, you know, while he's chip leader. That's my only thought on that. But you know, look, who knows. Maybe it's something completely unrelated to Run Good you know and Best Bet. Maybe he you know, did something on property that day that was out of line, so you know, without the information coming from Best Bet or run Good directly, I think we're just kind of assuming a lot here.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, I mean again, I just find it interesting that it seems like they've been the property has been letting him play and hasn't really had an issue with it, because again, he does have cashes, and if you have cashes, you're not cashing every single event, so you're probably played a bunch of other events too. So I just thought it was very interesting how this was gone about. I mean, listen, if the guy's basically banned from all of poker, I mean, I'm not gonna necessarily complain, you know, I don't think a lot of players would, given everything that has been alleged to go on with him. So if that's the case, that's the case, and if that's your stance, that's your stance. Yes, But I also just think that, like, it doesn't seem like that's been your stance. So I'm just I'm just kind of like, oh, that's kind of interesting to bring up. So yeah, just kind of wanted to mention that. And then news just dropped today, you know, shortly before we hit the record button that Poker Stars is postponing it's Pennsylvania Shared Liquidity. So of course we talked about how Pennsylvania joined the Multi State Internet Gaming Agreement with Michigan, New Jersey. I believe it's el Aware and Nevada. Also maybe West Virginia, but West Virginia doesn't have poker right now. Anyway, Poker Stars is not going to be linking its platform across the states, at least immediately. It said it did cite global operational priorities for this, So I don't exactly know what that means, but I'm guessing we'll find out what that means in the coming months, maybe the coming year, maybe even shorter than out the coming weeks. So yeah, so that's that's interesting. I mean, I think the delay is I would say, maybe a little bit surprising, you know, just because I view Poker Stars as a leader in the online poker category. You know. I know, it's obviously things are a little bit different here in the US because you only have a few states that are involved, so it's not as big as rest of the world. But the brand Poker Stars, you know, I thought would be kind of first and foremost to doing this sort of thing. So so yeah, I do think it's interesting. Now they do have New Jersey and Michigan are linked those player pools, and Poker Stars does not operate in Nevada at least currently, so maybe it's something where they want to wait till they get into Nevada to join. I don't know, I'm just kind of kind of speculating, but I did find that that a little bit interesting, and you know, kind of big picture because you have betam JM Poker has already done it in linked now betam JM Poker is not in Nevada, but you know across New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, those pools are linked. And then you have WSOP, which is in Nevada and now is linked with Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. I mean, Poker Stars. I feel like it's just gonna fall further behind in the US, which is not what you want to do, right you know if especially like let's say you're in Pennsylvania, you know you have an option to obviously, you have an option to play on all the sites that you want. Yes, I will tell you, as somebody who has played online poker quite a bit, it's just easier just to have all your funds and everything in one plays and fire up one platform. That's just easier. Like yeah, you know, like the true diehards and the pros will fire up multiple sites and whatever. But a lot of people, I think just they play where they play. You know, they put all their money on the they're five hundred bucks, their a thousand bucks on one site and like that's it. And if if the biggest and best games are are I would say Devasity first because they include Nevada, and then second to bet MGM, doesn't Poker Stars kind of like fall further down. So I don't know, I found the I found the decision to be interesting. That said, again, you know, they did say they're not immediately going to do it, kind of like it seems like it's like a prioritization thing. So that would tell me that there are plans for it. Yes, So so we'll see. I don't know, do you have any thoughts here?
Speaker 2: I think it's just I just my guess is that, yeah, obviously there's a lot more things at the forefront for pocus Stars around the world then the merge liquidity here in the States. They probably also want to see how, you know, how it works for Nevada, how it works for you know, a bet MGM if that comes next, and see if there are any issues before they kind of launch into it. And yeah, I just don't think it like like they've said, it's not a priority. Their priorities obviously real money gaming outside of America, their tours, and then when you come here, it's going to probably be resorts World, the return of the napt which you know, having this live leading into that is good for boosting numbers and satellite qualifiers, et cetera. So maybe not a priority now, but hopefully a priority soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I also do think you know, you mentioned the NAPT I mean, they did say that that's coming back, you know, similar sort of timeframe. I would guess November, right, So, I mean I would I would have thought that, you know, you want to link the player pools because you want to be able to run more qualifiers for that event. Now we all know they're not in Nevada, yes, but this I would say, Flagship North American event is in Nevada, So don't you want like bigger qualification pools and satellite qualifiers and all that sort of stuff like it Just that seems like it would make sense. But hey, who knows, there's probably news that that is going to come out, So we'll just kind of keep an eye on this one and see how it goes. But right now, you know, Poker Stars has put out a statement saying, you know, it is postponing the the joining of the Pennsylvania Shared Liquidity, So just just kind of kind of flagging that one. And then also as it relates to online poker. You got Club WPT Goal, which is a sweepstakes poker model similar to that that is offered by Global Poker. They are reportedly switching from a web based platform to a downloadable client, and they're also going to introduce multi table capabilities, So this is interesting. Before it was web based, both on desktop or on mobile devices, and you could only play one table, right, Yeah, So I find it interesting because I don't know, I feel like it's a move to become a poker site that's geared more towards poker players, which I don't necessarily disagree with. I'm just pointing that out how I'm kind of thinking about things. But when you start offering things like multi tables, and you know, doing that via a downloadable client, I feel like that's going to benefit more pro players, more serious players, which then makes the site harder, which can ultimately kill off your player pool. So it's just an interesting development, is kind of what I'm getting at.
Speaker 2: So so we'll see.
Speaker 1: I mean I think people kind of thought, okay, like you know, Club WPT Gold is probably fairly soft right now, and does this mean that it's only going to get harder? And then if it gets harder. Does the player pool shrink? And if the player pool shrinks but they want to keep the same revenue, do they then have to increase rake? Like that's just a big picture, Like how does this all play out? I mean, I would I'm not going to be against being able to play multiple tables on Club WBT Gold. Yes, but like you know, is that is that ultimately going to be a positive or negative? You know, I don't know. I guess we'll wait to see how it plays out. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of agree with everything you said there. I think they're still trying to figure out exactly what they're trying to do, you know, different types of promotions. You know, they have their big promotion coming up during the summer. But yeah, like it's it's kind of hard to gauge their strategic goal. But yeah, definitely leaning into more being poker player friendly than anything, especially with you know, having done polk having you know, Ethan Yall involved, Like more poker player than none.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, another thing like the Poker Stars news. You know, Well, we'll see how this one goes.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I don't think we have anything else to talk about except for the code word, and the code word is going to be as we tie it all into this episode, what sir, you tell me you're the code word guy.
Speaker 2: I think it's fitting that it should be W S O p APP one word, seven letters, W S O P A p P. Put that in gain additional tickets to be in the running to be the Popago podcast representative in the PGT Million Dollar Championship. All that information PGT dot com, slash dream c you can see all the promotions that we're running as along with a link to go straight to the podcast one and it's also hopefully in the description of this podcast wherever you're listening Spotify, Apple, Google Podcasts. I don't even know where else we can listen to podcasts, don't know, but all of us everywhere.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, that's going to do it for us. And considering I have to jump on another call that i'm late for, we're going to get out of here nice and fast. So my name is Donna Peters, his name is Tim Duckworth, and we'll talk to you guys next time. So yeah, ja