Speaker 1: All right, so let's move on to our next film.
Speaker 2: Which Charles has been waiting a week to talk about Media's destination.
Speaker 1: Wedding. Yes, a comedy by Tyler Perry, and this is the thirteenth film Shane and what Netflix is calling the Media Cinematic Universe. Let me repeat that the MCU the Media Cinematic Universe, not to be confused with the.
Speaker 2: Marvel Cinematic Universe. Okay, this is his sixth film for Netflix. And in this film, Medea Heads of the Bahamas for a chaotic family wedding. I thought that the formula was familiar, the characters are familiar.
Speaker 1: Of course, going to the thirteen episodes, you gotta have the same characters.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll start first on this one. I shared and I show that I didn't even know this movie was coming out. I didn't know it was out until I just went to Netflix to see what was new, and so a new Taylor Berry movie. I watched the trailer was like, no, I'm good. It was it was the coldest of Oh bruh, it was. It was a it was a blizzard opening. It was super cold. So I watched this movie and wrote a review and uh, the opening sequence when they go to the gas station to get some gas and somebody tries to car jack Medea. And let's just say, if you haven't watched the movie, because I'm not spoiling it for you, what would happen at a gas station with Medea. She's got a gas pump in her hands. She puts gas on the guy who's trying to break in her car. She puts gas on the car. The guys try to take off. Of course, Medea lights a match and.
Speaker 1: Sand blows up. That's the opening of Destination Wedding and then and look, Look, and then there's more hilarious. Brian, which is playing by Perry, finds out that his daughter has been seeing some guy he's never met him. And not only has he never met him, he goes to talk to the dude and the dude is just like something, what's what's up? Like that? That's not what he said.
Speaker 2: I can't really repeat what he said on air, but it was so disrespectful.
Speaker 1: So I think that was the.
Speaker 2: Point of the story about how you can't judge a book by its covered. So the whole movie is pretty much about that. But that's a small part of the film. All the other foolishness is all built around that. And when I say the foolishness, you know, the guns, the jokes, the you know, I don't understand how you have a movie where the father and the aunt do nothing but put the character down every.
Speaker 1: Movie, movie, every movie, they just just Brian, I don't get it. I don't get it. And then what they did with right, so all these jokes. So I've said enough, Charles, what do you have to say about Madea's Destination Wedding. Look, I've seen Tyler Perry's films. I've seen this stage plays, and it's all the same stuff, but this one just seems to be a little more ludicrous and that it does nothing lines up in here. I mean you talked about how when he goes to meet the father, goes the son comes to meet the father, but then won't talk to the father. I'm like, so of course you're not gonna like the guy. I mean, everything in here is just so dumbed down that it doesn't make sense. And if you really have to turn off every piece of your brain to sit and watch this film, I really you just have to not look for the inconsistencies because there's millions of them and and just just laugh at the stupidness and that, and that's pretty much what I think. That's what he goes for is just how stupid can I be? In how much can you just laugh at me being stupid? All that's being just ridiculous.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna paraphrase something that I wrote in the review, because I'm not going to read from my own review. But I wrote that I've long since tried to figure out why people like these movies, right, because I understand, you know, my mom and my sister have all told me, Jim, you just being hard on Tyler period these movies is funny.
Speaker 1: And so I said, the.
Speaker 2: Only way the only reason why he keeps making them is because people keep watching them, right, And I said, if you want to stop Tyler Perry from making a dead movie.
Speaker 1: Just stop watching them. But then at some point, I'm not not talking about me, I'm talking about his bass. If his base decided they didn't like these movies anymore, he stopped making them. But see, I think the point is the bass still likes the media movies. I mean, these movies are entertaining to the bass. And I use that term mostly it's there's the basis of basis of comedy, comedy, for the basis of these people who watch it. I mean they they don't look to be enlightened by watching Tyler Perry's movies. They don't look to be encouraged by what Medea does. They just want to sit there and laugh at the foolishness.
Speaker 2: All right, So let's cut to the chase. Man, I gave this movie a D. Could have been harder, but I gave it a D. What about you, Charles.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm a comedian. I like to be entertained, and there's some comedy in here that happens that just you know, it's kind of funny. But the story just just it's just horrible. And so I couldn't give it him any more. I gave it a deep plus because there are some things about it that they're funny.
Speaker 2: Because the way you were saying, I'm thinking, oh, man, wow, give a D plus.
Speaker 1: You thought you you thought I was gonna give it a C plus or a B minus. No, No, it's not that.
Speaker 2: Good, all right, man. So that's my DA's Destination Wedding, which is streaming on Netflix.