Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now, here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it started five o'clock here on a Tuesday afternoon. Thanks for hanging out with us. Coffee and Company fuel bet Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. You could take us with you wherever you go. Listen live on the Aheart Radio app. Listen live at seven ninety Louisville dot Com busy show. So far today that it's gone by. It's going by really fast, which I think that's a good thing. It's five o'clock. I guess a lot of you guys are off work now, so hey, that's a good thing. We've got you covered on Saturday for Louisville and Clemson with our game day coverage. The Louisville Football pregame Show, presented by Pillow Windows and Doors of Central Kentucky and Jefferson Animal Hospital, will start right about six thirty. Kickoff is at seven thirty, so six thirty we'll get the pregame show started, and then after the game it'll be another late night and we'll we'll be reacting to what I hope is a first time thing, meaning Louisville beating Clemson. It's never happened before, and I'm not sure if it be if it would be accurate to say that, you know, this is the perfect time to get it done, but you know, got to start somewhere. I mean, no better time than the next time you get to play on which of course is coming up on Saturday. So look, I don't want to act like they're you know, they're benefiting from like a crazy easy schedule, because I don't really believe that. I mean, they are playing really, really good football and you know their their game against Georgia ended up being a beat down. But I'm glad Brahms said this earlier this week, and it doesn't change the score. I mean, they lost to Georgia thirty four to three. That's a beat down by any standards. And Clemson, you know, they used to be able to compete with anybody. In losing thirty four to three, I mean, they've taken a step back, like they're not what they once were, but they're still good and that game was actually pretty close until late third quarter. Like I remember that it never got talked about because it was an opportunity for everybody to rag on Dabbo because he's an easy punching bag, and I mean I rag on him too. I mean the fact that he won't use the portal, I mean, especially knowing that it could, you know, make his team better, is just insane. It's one of the most stubborn things I've ever seen play out in sports. So again, you're not even you. You don't get credit because the game wasn't as ugly until the very end, but that is sort of part of the story. So they have you know, they got blown out by Georgia, although they were competitive for a while. They're playing much better ball right now, and you know, they deserve to be double digit favorites like they are on Saturday. However, with that said, it's not like this is a counter like this is not hey, they're not good because of this, because I think they are a really good team and they're playing really good football. But this is just something that needs to be added for context here. They have not played a good schedule really at all. Outside of Georgia. They played Apps State, they played n C State, Stanford, Florida State, Wake Forest, Virginia, I mean, all lowsy teams to be honest with you. And another thing to keep in mind is like Virginia, who Louisville beat, is the only team that has a winning record that Clemson's played. And actually, let me take that back, because now that Virginia got beat by North Carolina, I'm pretty sure they got beat pretty bad. Clemson doesn't have a win against the team with a winning record. You know, to do with that, which you will, But Clemson dominating as far as the scoreboard, and you know, still having like their brand's clearly taken a hit, right, but they were so on top that the hit hasn't really made it to where people just look at like you don't look at Clemson still and think, well, you know, we should win that game. And I'm you know, from Louisville's perspective, that's an obvious thing, considering the fact that you know, Louisvill's never beat him. But I don't care who you are, Clemson's on the schedule, you probably feel better about the game now than you did when they had Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence and even even the dude that was there in between. Always forget about him. Transferred from Kelly Bryant who took over after Deshaun Watson. And then, of course, if you remember he ended up transferring, did he transfer elsewhere after he left? I think he went to Missouri, But did he transfer to Clemson. I guess that wouldn't make sense because you know, Dabo doesn't utilize the transfer portal. So either way, like that era of Clemson, you clearly are looking at him differently than than you are now. But there's still a program that anybody in the country would would realize they need to play well if they want to beat them. And I guess you could say that about a lot of teams, but maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I actually think that you've got them in a pretty good time. I mean, playing teams that don't have winning records and playing teams that give you a weak strength of schedule when it comes to rankings. That doesn't mean you're bad. It doesn't have anything to really do with how good you are, but it does sort of add a level of I guess, perception to how you're viewed that maybe I'm getting a little carried away with. But like Clemson, I think, you know, they're probably as good as Miami, or maybe not quite as good offensively, although okay, club Nick's playing really well. I mean, I would love to see Clemson and SMU play, and Clemson in Miami play, but they're not on the schedules this year. They will play Pitt. That's actually the game two weeks after this one, so that should be another challenge for Clemson. If this pit team is as legitiate they've looked. I mean, they dominated Syracuse, which I don't know if that said more about cuser about Pitt the other night. But again, I'm not trying to tell you that, hey, this team's ripe to get taken down. Clemson's overrated. They're not that good, but they're as beatable now as maybe they've ever been. When Loulves played them. I take that back. I guess the last time you played them was Sadderfield's last year, and you you were right there and you you know, they still had Dju and he's stunk, and you had him at home. It was that goal line that you couldn't convert and that really kind of was the game. So maybe that was the best time to get him if you were going to get them. But I don't think that that team's that much different than this Clemson team. And I know it sounds like I'm dogging them, but like I think they've probably been. Like last year, their record was what, let's look it up. Last year, if you remember, they went to that bowl game against Kentucky and ended up beating them. I think was it overtime. Either way, it was a close. It was actually a really fun game to watch. It was a shootout. They beat Kentucky. He wasn't an overtime. It's thirty eight thirty five. So last year Clemson finished nine and four overall. And if I'd have told you Clemson finished seven and five overall, I think you would have believed me because they are so far from what they once were that the perception is that they're awful and they really never have been, you know what I mean. Like last year they lost to Duke, they lost to Florida State, they lost to Miami, they lost to NC State. Those were their losses. Last year, they beat Notre Dame ranked win, they beat Carolina at the end of November when they were a ranked team. They beat a South Carolina team that you know, I guess wasn't very good now that I think about it. But there other way you know, I mean right now, it is it's not possible to say that, you know, if they're better this year than they were a year ago. I think because they've been playing so well since getting blown out by g Orgia, that there's this belief that here we go, this Clemson team. Man, everybody doubted Dabbo, but he's got it roll and they look like the best team in the ACC in the eyes of some like I get why people are saying that, but if you do consider who they've played, it's just tough to know that for sure. So again, right now, if you look at the current ACC standings, let's see here Louisville as after their win against they moved to three and two in the league after beating Boston College on Friday, Clemson five and O Miami five and O SMU four and O Pittsburgh three and oh Virginia Tech has one loss, and then you've got two loss Louisville, and then everybody else has at least three losses. But when it comes to overall wins and loss records, Clemson has no wins against anybody with a winning record. Now Louisville, they've got one win against the team with a winning record. That's Georgia Tech. Virginia's four and four. Boston College is four and four. So there's a part of me that you know, is trying to fight off some confidence in this game because I don't want to be let down, John. But I think you can tell you can tell I'm feeling pretty good about this game, more so than may maybe some would have expected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't blame you. I mean, you mentioned it already that Clemson is not the Clemson of the mid twenty tens. Whenever they were going to the College Football Playoff, it seemed like every year or so. And this is a lot more beatable of a team. And if Louisville really does take the momentum that they got from the Boston College win, I mean, there's no reason that they can at least be competitive in this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look, that would still suck, but that would also be something that we'd have to and you all and everybody can do it on their own, meaning you decide how you feel. That's how fans should be fans. But if they lose and it's a really good game and it feels like they just came up short because Clemson at home is a really tough place to win. I'm still to be upset disappointed, but like I would probably be able to say that, Yeah, like if they if they get through a full game in Death Valley without the types of things we've seen at least once, but more often four or five times in many of the games throughout the season, that'll that'll be. I think you can claim that they did, in fact get better after the Boston College comeback. Now again that point, results are gonna matter, Like you can't slip up, like if you end up cleaning things up and you stop, you know, with the silly turnovers, snapping the ball over the punter's head, having too many men on the field, having guys run wide open out of a timeout, Like if you eliminate those kind of things, and yet you still lose to Clemson, Pittsburgh and maybe even Kentucky at the end of the day, you just weren't very good. So I guess so desperately I want to be able to say this Louisville team did get better, clean some things up, and they finished strong, and I'm excited they've got an opportunity to to to really I mean again, I think a win against Clemson would not make anybody forget about the earlier losses, but like it would, it would give us some good vibes that we haven't had in a long long time. I mean, let's be honest. Last year you went ten and two in the regular season, Like what win made you feel good? Notre Dame, And that was a great win. You beat them, it was at home, it was a top ten matchup, but like you'd already beat Notre Dame before, And I feel like not to say that the expectation was there, that everybody assumed Louisville was gonna win and that they you know, they couldn't lose. But I just think beating Clemson at Clemson, especially knowing like how frustrating it was to see them miss out on three potential wins all really because mostly them, and in them not being ready to play or you know whatever you will have however you want to phrase it. I get in troublesometimes because when you say not ready to play, it triggers people. But like, either way, for whatever reason, not ready to play or maybe just not being focused or whatever it is, they've had some mistakes that just seem to be very avoidable and that's made it so frustrating. Again, the result itself is not a killer. Losing to the teams you've lost to is not something that you got to panic and you know, freak out because maybe you're awful, Like, it's not that. But the things you did within those games is what made it so frustrating. And again, I know I'm reiterating what I said yesterday on the show, but why not beating Boston College at their place is again what you're supposed to do. In fact, you didn't even cover. But similar to the other games, it's how it looked and what transpired that really kind of set the tone for fans. Nobody's mad you lost to Notre Dame at their place as far as the overall result, but it's that you did a lot of stupid stuff that kept you from being able to get a win that would have really had a value. Same thing against SMU Miami. Not as much, but still yeah. I mean, you can't commit a special team's penalty that puts you on your own five yard line, three yard line, whatever it was, and then fumble it on the first play and they scoop it and score. Those are things you never want to do. You know, but against Miami, a team that you know you don't want to give free points to because they can really light it up offensively. Like, it's those things that made it so frustrating. So to see this team, you know, come from twenty points behind on the road, and not only I talked about this earlier in the show if you guys missed it, but it wasn't just that they battled back to really dominate that game after getting down twenty to nothing. It was how they were doing it. In the body language they had out there. It's almost like they were bouncing around kind of carrying themselves a little bit differently to where they were carrying themselves with confidence that I actually believe if that makes sense, because they've not been I mean, even that game, like the scores that Boston College had early, like I don't really feel like they were earned. I mean it was littlevill just either one you know, a chunk play that put them in a great position to score to where you're defense, you know, gave up one big play and then that lead to them that led to them having an easy opportunity score. So they really dominated the rest of the way. And again I know the opponent isn't something to be super you know, impressed with it's it's Boston College. But I'm really hopeful that they they can springboard off of that. Again, it sounds so weird to say hopefully they were really really capitalized on that win against Boston College when again that's who you're supposed to beat, and it was ugly early on, but the way in which they had to do it, I mean, at least I hope it showed them something about themselves that they can they can carry over to this big game against Clemson. I mean, this is this is crazy. The win probability in that game. I'm glad somebody sent this in Hey kickoff, ESPN's win probability was seventy to thirty in favor of Louisville when they got down twenty to nothing. It was ninety percent win probability for Boston College, ten percent for Louisville, eighteen percent for Louisville whenever it got to twenty seven, seventeen, thirty four percent when it got to twenty seven to twenty four, and then seventy four percent when they were up thirty one to twenty seven. So I mean, when you got down twenty to nothing. I mean I would say nine out of ten of those situations lead to the team that was down twenty to nothing not only not winning, but not even competing. So yes, maybe I am really building this up for something more than it was. And if so, I get it. Like, if you think that's what I'm doing, I guess you could say I may be guilty, but we got to start somewhere. Like, I know this team is better than what we've seen at times this year, and maybe it's even a stretch to say that because I think even in games we watch them make these boneheaded mistakes, they still find a way to put themselves in the game with a chance to win, and it's what it could have should have because again, you win or you lose, that those are the two results. But again, frustrating is still the word that I think fits best to describe this season because it feels like we're lying when we say, yeah, this team's really good, because again, the record doesn't indicate that. But if you watch them, yeah they make mistakes, and look, if that's what you do consistently, you got to look in the mirror. That's part of your identity. But like if you could just easily clean it up. You go from being a team that you know is sloppy, that hurts themselves, that could lose to anybody with their mistakes, or it's a team that, like, damn, they might mess around and beat anybody. Now, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, because again, the good teams they played at this point, they haven't beat them, you know, and they're gonna have another chance to do that on Saturday. And to say they're due to break through and actually beat one of these good teams they play is an understatement. All right, let's take our first break. We'll come back on the other side. A lot more to get into. There's a new position within college sports that is probably gonna be one of the most important positions within a program college football, college basketball. It's the nil director position, and nobody would doubt the importance of it. But man, it sounds like a thankless job. It better pay big bucks. But you're starting to see those kind of positions posted, and there was a good read as far as what type of people are qualifying for those jobs, right like what profession careers are they coming from? To kind of service The Nile director also Tony Bennett, he quit and starting to kind of play out to where he knew he had a bad team, and he bailed, And now you got guys leaving Virginia in mid October with I don't know how they'd end up anywhere else, but I'm curious if, like Virginia really sucks this year. Well, people still say, ah, let's give Tony Bennett the benefit of the doubt, because he's such a handsome, charming guy, and he'd never he'd never do anything that isn't what's best for Virginia. He'd never, he'd never be selfish and quit, you know, a week before the season starts. But I think that's kind of what he did. So anyways, we'll take a break, come back on the other side, and maybe talk a little more about a potential upset for Mark Hope tonight. I can't say that and make you feel like I believe it, because I don't believe it. But man, if you're get to schedule a Division two team for an exhibition game, don't schedule the defending national champions, man, I mean, or do and give us something to root for on the rival side, But come on, I mean, that's that's asking for it all right, don't go anywhere, keep it locked right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. You got about thirty minutes left here on a Tuesday afternoon. Appreciate you hanging out with us again in his Coffee and Company, and we are fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. If you want to join us on the show, you can. In fact, let let's welcome in, well, not welcome in, but let's read some text on the text line. It's the Ellen and Federal Credit Union text line BABU two six five to three zero seven ninety members get more at Ellen and Federal Credit Union. You can learn more and open your account today at LNFCU dot com. So this is a long text that I really didn't have time to read until we went to break, but I'll try to summarize it. And I think what this person is saying is a good point that the real issue with NIL will be in everybody's face essentially years years down the line. And you can correct me if I'm not saying what I think you're saying, but I'm pretty sure what you mean is that by the time that it's the new norm and everybody knows that if you play college athletics at a big time school, it is it is a high paying job for you. It's going to eliminate the hunger of people that you know are using the opportunity. I mean, I don't. I mean, some of these guys, I'm sure really are genuine about the educational component and they do realize they're getting a chance to get a free college education that could really put them in a great place for life after sports. I mean, even if they don't embrace it and you know, really value it in real time, they'll learn later in life that if they got a college degree and they graduated, then then you know, probably something they really aren't going to be thankful for until down the line. Because a lot of high level athletes, especially those that enter college and those that are early on in their college career, they're thinking pro sports. Now again, that's not reality. How hard it is to be to be like a full time NFL an NBA player for many many years. Like the percentage chances of that being the job and how it works out for for these I mean, there's not many. It's hard to do. How you can go overseas and play and that kind of stuff in basketball and football's a little bit different. But even if they are getting a stipend and they're getting maybe even like a rev share and nil didn't exist to where you can get it now, and it really isn't tied to you know, to playing. It's just you know, it's being dressed up as something different. I think if in fact, it's just a gig and you know your you know your gig and your pay is not based upon performance and it's not really based upon results. Are people still gonna like give Are we still going to see these college athletes really putting in the kind of work you used to see, right, I mean, like if you know your and this sounds awful, but I'm just gonna be honest with you, like just thinking out loud. If you know you've got an NIL check that's coming regardless of what happens, and it's you know, not a million dollars, but you know it's it's a good chunk of change, more money than you'd make annually in most any job you would get right out of college. And you know you're not a pro, like you just know, like there's no scenario you're going to play professionally in the NBA or the NFL. And if you're a basketball player, you know you don't have any any aspirations to play professionally overseas, maybe because you know what you're gonna do after basketball, you could mail it in and like what changes, Like you know what what's the like, what's what's really going to impact your livelihood negatively if you don't try your hardest and your team isn't very good because again, it's a job. Like I think players should be allowed to get paid. I don't know the perfect scenario that makes it to where there is still a level of like not amateurism because that's just gone, but like where there is a hunger. And I don't want to act like the guys now that are getting paid, like none of them try and none of them care, because I just don't believe that's the case. But like I could see how down the line when college athletics at this level is more so viewed as a job than anything else. You know, are you gonna be I mean, you get you guy guys walking away from the job because they're gonna go get another job next year, and that you know, that's pro sports, Like in the NFL, the NBA, Major League Baseball, NHL, like professional sports as a whole, Like it's these guys' jobs. And you know, I think, what the people who love college sports and don't really get into pro sports and there, I mean, I'm sure there are plenty of them. I don't know how many of those people are out there, but clearly they're there. There are there are enough everything that they prefer college sports for and don't like the pro sports. Like it's now gonna be kind of the same thing to where again it's a job now, and that is sad, like because that's going to turn a lot of people off, and it's just going to be right in your face directly that this is all transactional and that is a sad thing for college sports. And I've now kind of removed myself from paraphrasing what that text said, but like, if that's where you were going, like I get it, you know, but it's not changing. It's just not Like Jeff Walls said it best, And this was on a press conference they did before Louis Alive with both with both Pat Kelsey and Jeff Walls. If you know, like you transferred to this school across the country for one more year of eligibility and you know the team's doing all right, but not a legit contender to like make a final four one. And again this is not Walls, but I'm going to get to his quote in a second. But like if you've already been paid, he said, would you come back to work? If you know you've already got your last check? Would you come back to work? Like you're not breaking the law, Like maybe, but it's just not. It's not practical in any other walk of life to where you can have a job and still put in two more weeks or two more months and you've already been paid in full, Like that's not normal. But in NIL, because of how they have to do it, I'm sure there are some players that get paid everything upfront. I would think, as we learned throughout the early years of the NIL era that like you shouldn't do that, and I would imagine now most or not, but let's just say they are.
Speaker 3: Even if you.
Speaker 2: Show up to work, are you really like you're kind of mailing it in right, Like you're probably having fun, but like when adversity hits or your team hits a couple of losses, you're falling back on. Well, hey, at least I'm still getting paid, you know, I'll still do this, but like you know, I don't really care because it's a job now, like nobody does their job. They shouldn't say nobody because that's not true. Let me back up. There are certain jobs that people do it because they love it or they would get different job. That is much like again, like I think there are thankless jobs right now that are super important and more and more people aren't doing them anymore, and it's scary, Like teachers, Like being a teacher is really important. We need great teachers, but a lot of them don't do it, an I mean, a lot of people have walked away from that profession or there's just not as many that are getting into it now because it's not a high paying job compared to some other career fields and you gotta put up a lot of stuff. So those who do it love it, you know, I'm sure there's other careers like that as well, But it's also because of money, Like you wouldn't do it for free, right, even if you do it and you love it, and you know, it's not as high paying of a gig that you could probably get elsewhere, Like you're not gonna do if you're not getting paid, So like just money being involved in the way it is now because of nil will have it already has had a huge change to what college sports used to be in what a lot of people loved about college sports specifically, and that's sad. I think the product is still at a pretty good place. I mean the transactions that take place again, like Colin Lacy opting out like that sucks for Louisville, but that could be a big deal for another team that gets him if he leaves. And when I tune in on Saturdays and watch college football, I'm not sure the product's ever been in a better place. And I feel like that needs to be said more than it is. And maybe you disagree, but like people are watching college football at a really high level, and I think the action again, the entertainment value that's there is really really good. So I think people are still gonna watch it. It's just, you know, it's a process as we transition from what used to be so different. But if you are somebody that has learned throughout the last few years that like what you really loved about college sports, what made it something you were really passionate about. It's no more and it's and you know, it's changed how you view I get it.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I understand, but either adapt or you know, I guess find something else to be passionate about. I mean, because it's not changing.
Speaker 3: Let me say this real quick. From my perspective, Indiana football does not have the season they're having without an eye on the transfer portal.
Speaker 2: Kinny Paine might still be our coach. Yeah, I mean, to be honest, he might because in that world he would get more time, you know, because.
Speaker 3: There's more excuses for that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: So you know, And and I used to say, well, are you bothered by knowing that a guy out there playing tight end for you is driving a better car than you, Like you need to reevaluate some things on your end if that's what you're bothered by. I used to have that mindset and I still kind of do. Like, if that's what bothers you, then you know that's just jealousies what that is. But if if it's more so because of the component of it being a job and money involved in that clearly mattering like that that is, I mean that that does make it to where like you don't get. I mean, I think these guys still do. A lot of these student athletes do. I just think it's easier to pull yourself away from getting lost in Hey, I'm gonna give it everything, man, this is my team, this is my college career, this is my family. I'm gonna leave it all on the field. I would never not play because I'll do anything for my team. There are still many athletes out there that they're still programmed and wired to just that's their mindset. I'm gonna I'm gonna lay it all out there because that's all I know. But in ten years time, will that still be the case or will it be everybody programmed mentally to just know that this is a job and that's the scary part of it. And I don't know how you fix that. Because again, the schools being on the hook for paying the players, that will even things out a little bit. But it's still gonna be at times the wild wild West when it comes to the nil world. And players have power and ability now that they'd never have had before. And I don't I mean, I've seen no signs of them losing any privileges. In fact, it seems like anytime there's some big debate about what kids can and can't do, they get more ability to like do whatever they want. So, you know, the reason I wanted to talk about that text because it was one that really got me thinking about it in a way that I hadn't really given much thought to before, which is that when this just has when we get to you know, ten fifteen years into this, I still think people are going to be watching college sports, but like maybe we won't be calling at college sports anymore, Like maybe you know, and what made you like years of team I'm trying to find examples of, like, for example, Louisville's championship team, Like the way that twenty thirteen championship team all came together and the way that played out in that three four year run, the build up to that season where you knew, hey, if we're going to win a title, it's this year. That probably doesn't exist anymore. And that's you know, that's that's sad, but that's just that's just the way of it. Like you're not going to feel a connection to guys like Russ Smith and Peyton Steve anymore. I mean you can, right, but like they're only here for a year it's or two years even like it's you know, and they can accomplish something super special. But what made you know some of the more memorable teams for you as a UFL fan or UK fan is probably because they were here a long time and you know it was a ride, right. You watched some of these guys grow year by year and then the ultimate payoff was there when they want championships as seniors. But now when seniors win championships at schools, I'd be willing to bet they didn't start at that school. And that's just that's the new world that we're in. All right. Let's talk about Jefferson Animal Hospital. I'm sure you've heard of them. They've been around for a long time, folks. Forty four years, that's how long they've been open helping you when it comes to keeping your pets healthy in case in case of an emergency, they're there for you. Christmas. It could be Christmas night, you could have something scary happen. Don't worry.
Speaker 3: They're open.
Speaker 2: They're there. They're gonna have a doctor on site to take care of you. But it didn't have to be an emergency. It could be you just wanting to get your pet in front of somebody different, maybe a change of pace, or maybe you haven't taken your your pet to get a check up in a long time, and you know you need to. In fact, I'm telling you, if you haven't done that, you should. You need to. You need to make sure that these pets are healthy, and Jefferson Animal Hospital can help you with exactly that. So give them a call five O two nine underd Pets, or you can visit them online at Jefferson Vetts dot com. All right, we'll come back on the other side for a longer segment than we're used to here to wrap things up. That's by design, because I do want to talk a little more about, you know, this ANIL director position, but I won't. We've already talked a lot about ANIL. But I also want to get to this Kentucky exhibition game because a couple of people have sent in some like facts about this Minnesota state team, and I'm not taking the bait, guys. I'm not taking the bait for you to get me excited about this team, like pulling off an upset against Kentucky. But man, if they did, I might do a postgame show tonight for that one. But again, you guys getting my hopes up and it's just not realistic. I need to pump the brakes. They are the Division two national champions, which I don't know why anybody would schedule them as an exhibition opponent, but Mark Pope did and we'll see what happens tonight. Don't go anywhere, keep it locked right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. I'm not sure how many professional athletes or even former professional athletes could post a cryptic tweet or Instagram story and have millions of people trying to dissect the hidden message, but Tom Brady's certainly one of those, and apparently within the show he I mean, I don't think he waited for the show to go on the air, but he's posted I guess an Instagram story and everybody's trying to figure out what he means. In fact, well done. Here with the Barstool Sports dot Com, they said cryptic Tom Brady Instagram post takes over takes over Internet by a landslide. So I don't know if you guys saw the news yesterday, but his ex wife, Jaselle Bunchin she is pregnant with the man that she cheated on Tom Brady with like, I'll be honest with you, whenever I watched the Tom Brady roast, I didn't know that like that was the thing. Like I think I heard somebody reference it, but I you know, I don't keep up with celebrity relationships stuff as far as what's going on. But there's a reason why when they were roasting tom Brady, you know, again the funniest people on the planet signing up to roast him, where they have no filter. They're just thinking about being funny. They're not really thinking about taking it light. It's called a roast. I mean, there's a reason why they made many references to a jiu jitsu instructure, you know, sleeping with his wife. So anyways, that became news yesterday she was spotted, you know, showing that she was pregnant, and Tom Brady posted a picture of Look it's a sunset, I know that, and then there's some type of like bush or shrubs or something. But the there's three hearts and it says can the child within my heart rise above, which is actually a line from the Landslide song. But I mean he's got to be sad, right, I mean that people don't like people throw stuff on the Internet and sometimes like, oh, I don't know what people took it that way. Most people who post stuff know what they're doing. Like Tom Brady is a lot of things. He ain't dumb, Like he knew that everybody would feel sad for him. And by the way, there's a song attached to that Instagram story and it is The Chicks the Landslide. So but that's not a coincidence, right, Like that's got to be some type of a post that has something to do with him being emotional because you know, he got divorced and now she's with the dude she was allegedly cheating on him with. I mean, there's no denying that. Like they're an item now because they're you know, they're having a kid and whatnot. But yeah, just like like Lebron does this kind of stuff, right, Like not like with the relationship stuff. But like, you know, the reason I bring it up is not because I give a damn about Tom Brady or what's going on with his ex wife. But you know, when I I go through social media, Twitter, mostly during the show because usually I don't, you know, spend a lot of time surfing the web while I'm on the air. But like, this wasn't something that was on the radar, and now it's like all anybody's talking about. What did Tom Brady mean?
Speaker 1: Is he sad?
Speaker 2: Does this mean that he's Is this actually a reference to him coming out of retirement or something?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: You know, it's probably just him being sad and sending a subliminal message about it on social media, which most of the world does from time to time.
Speaker 3: Right, Like, see him making a reference to all of this this week and during whatever games he ends up covering for the NFL. Maybe that's obvious.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't feel bad for him, But I mean the situation itself like is sad, So I guess it I am, But like Tom Brady's one of the people on the planet that like there's not much that could happen to where I wouldn't or where I would feel bad for him, because he's got everything right, Like the guy is, he's got it all.
Speaker 3: He's not as unlikable as a Lebron James, though I feel like maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, Uh, And Lebron is just Bron at Lebron has no self awareness. That's where and That's That's what I think really hurts him. Like he's not a criminal, he's not controversial. He is he is at times, I think, really just trying to talk. You know. I think he does the political stuff from time to time just for attention. Like I don't think he does it because he you know, is super passionate or cares. But you know what, do I know? Brady really was unlikable because he was so good and he was part of a dynasty and there was allegations of like they cheated and broke rules and whatnot, and you know, but.
Speaker 3: Like Mahomes now is way more unlikable than Brady ever was as a human being, you think, I think so. I think Patrick Mahomes embraces being the villain where Tom Brady likes to look like the good guy even though people just like him.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know what you mean, because Mahomes is certainly a villain in regards to Like, if you're not a Chiefs fan, you want to see Mahomes lose and you feel like he gets all the calls by the reps. But I don't know, like Patrick Mahomes's image is like squeaky clean, you know what I mean? Like I mean, and honestly, Brady's is other than like if he did in fact, he put to flate Gate in motion, you know what I mean, Like if he's the one who you know sped up, you know that whole thing, and you know, and he cries to the reps a lot, but like's if that's the worst thing about you as far as your image, then you know, you're just one of many athletes. I think crying to the reps in it working is what really makes people hate you. But I think Steph Curry and Mahomes are in the same ballpark as far as guys that are clearly really really good and you don't like him, but there's not It's not like Raymond Green is not the star that Curry or Mahomes or Lebron or Brady is, but like he's the perfect villain in sports, right, Like he's a dirty player, yes, and like doesn't hide it with you know, And Curry's not as successful as Mahomes in my opinion, so therefore, you know.
Speaker 3: And maybe I'll feel differently after Mahomes is older and yeah, maybe not the the guy that he is.
Speaker 2: Right now, I want to be able to look at a villain in sports and say, yeah, I know why I don't like him on the field or the corp. But I also want to know that he's a bad guy. And sometimes as I've grown and realized, you know, these are human beings that sometimes that's a force for me because they're really not bad guys. But anyways, we're at a time. Go h Minnesota State