Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock, Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell, Andy.
Speaker 1: Con On KOAM ninetym got study, can the Noisy Gus through three Many Connell Keith, your real sad bab.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to a Wednesday edition of the show.
Speaker 1: And oh my goodness, it is a short show because Baseball eats the show at twelve thirty. So let's jump right in on Mandy Connell. That guy right over there is Anthony Rodriguez, and together we will manage to hold your attention for the next nineteen or so minutes. It's a tall order, but I think we're up for it. Find the blog by going to mandy'sblog dot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com. Look for the headline that says seven twenty three twenty five blog Baseball eats the Show at twelve thirty. Click on that and here are the headlines you will find within Office.
Speaker 2: South American, all with ships and clipments of press plant today on the blog Rockies v.
Speaker 1: Cardinals at twelve thirty. No bridge for you is Wiser picking a fight he can't win. California ends Medicaid free illegals. A scamming pastor and his wife are indicted. Tina Peters won't be released anytime soon. Montezuma Cortes schools clears up some language. Denver cares more about illegals than stolen cars. Rich Goggenheim has a new book out. Brain damage could lead to criminal behavior. A new dating app creates quite the pickle ball. Caffeine may prevent your antibiotic from working. A Parkinson's test may involve a dog. Why the bill being supported by Gabe Evans is a good one. We're getting our del Taco's back, and support for cell phone bands in schools is up. Those are the headlines on the blog at mandy'sblog dot com. Now, before you complain about it, thanks Nancy oh Sinry. Didn't mean to step on Nancy. I appreciate her approval every day after the blog.
Speaker 2: It means a lot to me.
Speaker 1: There obviously is not a lot on the blog today, although there's good stuff on the blog. Because we're done in approximately eighteen minutes now, I want to draw your attention to a social media post by our governor and if you ever ever ever wanted to know why I think this guy is probably going to somehow be president of the United States. Look no further than this social media post about the polling that they just did on the Colorado one fifty pedestrian walkway that was supposed to celebrate our one hundred and fiftieth anniversary by building a super ugly meandering walkway to nowhere. No one wanted this at all, and so Jared Polis, realizing that he was promoting something that was wildly unpopular, and I do mean wildly unpopular, he put up a survey online and said I will abide by the survey, and the survey was an absolute slaughter. I'm gonna skip to the end of his post and then I'm gonna come back to the post.
Speaker 2: In just a moment.
Speaker 1: Over eighty thousand people participated in just five days.
Speaker 2: Now a Rod, did you look at these results yet? I have?
Speaker 1: They are yeah, Oh this was this was a a just a beyond massacre, right. So out of eighty thousand people that voted, eighty two thousand, three hundred and thirteen of them voted no, ninety three point nine percent, two point three percent said maybe, three point eight percent said yes. Total votes eighty seven thousand, six hundred and eighty six. It was an absolute she lacking. We hate the bridge, We don't want the bridge. The bridge is awful. It's maybe the worst idea in the history of ideas. And this is what the governor tweeted out about the bridge and the survey. He says, color right who took part in our online survey have voted not to proceed with the Colorado one fifty pedestrian walkway to celebrate our one hundred and fiftieth anniversary as a state. Thank you to everyone who shared their opinions and voted. I will commit my time and effort to prevent this walkway from being built, even if I have to chain myself to the Capitol Plaza to stop it.
Speaker 2: And then he gives the stats that I just gave you. So not only is.
Speaker 1: He saying the people have spoken and there will be no bridge, he's also saying I will fight for you, Colorado. I will fight to make sure that this terrible, awful, no good idea ever it's built.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wonder if he's dizzy from all this spinning.
Speaker 1: But this is a perfect example of why I think Jared Polus could be president. Someday, because he operates in such a way as to create an alternate reality. And God, I hate to break it to you. You in the talk radio audience, generally speaking, and this is borne out by polling data.
Speaker 2: This has been proved long before I said it on the radio.
Speaker 1: People listen to talk radio are smarter than people who don't. Okay, you're more informed, you're well informed, you know exactly what's going on.
Speaker 2: But the reality is.
Speaker 1: A vast jordy of the other people who are not listening to talk radio are gonna see this tweet or this social media and they're gonna read it and they're gonna be like, oh good, yeah, Okay, that's not happening.
Speaker 2: Oh he's gonna chain himself to the capitol CLAUSEA. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he cares about the people of Colorado. He's counting on and it's gonna work. I'm telling you it's gonna work.
Speaker 2: I will say I.
Speaker 1: Kind of like I have a love hate relationship with Governor Jared Poulis's x feed because some of it is so bad.
Speaker 2: But he has.
Speaker 1: Really leaned in on using AI and photoshop to create these pictures that he's using and it's really smart, because that gets your stuff seen by more people.
Speaker 2: I'm actually in the process.
Speaker 1: I told you guys, I was using groc every day to create an image for the blog. And I'm doing that for a couple of weeks, and then I'm gonna go back and I'm gonna not do that, and I'm gonna see which gets seen more often? You know what gets seen more on social media because battling social media algorithms, it's a nightmare, and it never ever stops because they're always changing them. It's like they want to make it harder for us to use their product. I don't understand that. It's fine, it's just fine. Anyway, that's on the blog today. You can find it there and see it for yourself.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I also have some stuff on the blog that I think is really really interesting. I am not going to lie. I have not been following along with the Tina Peters habeas you know request, I just haven't been following along because I don't care. I don't care if Tina Peter gets released from prison. I don't care if she stays in prison. And it doesn't have anything to do with how I feel about Tina Peters. Tina Peters was convicted by a Republican prosecutor by a jury for.
Speaker 2: Doing dumb things, and people.
Speaker 1: Want her out of jail because they think her motives were true. That only works for Hillary Clinton. Tina Peters doesn't get to use that defense. But now, for some reason, she is appealing her conviction in state court. Okay, But for some reason a federal judge has been dragged in to talk about whether or not he could make some kind of ruling that would allow her to be released under a hebeis corpus claim. Right, But the problem is is that it's long been established that the federal court system cannot interfere in the state court system. Stuff.
Speaker 2: So I don't know where the this is going. But I'm not the only one.
Speaker 1: The judge, the federal judge who is hearing this case from the bench, has been expressing his confusion.
Speaker 2: He said, listen to these questions from the judge.
Speaker 1: Are they under bond? Are they under a state court bond? Are they supervised by federal pre trial release? What if a petitioner violates that bond? Can the state court revoke the bond? Do I revoke the bond?
Speaker 2: What do we do?
Speaker 1: And these are the questions I have, he said, I haven't come across and I don't think petitioner has cited a single case ever in the history of the United States where a federal court granted habeas on an appeal bond. So this is not you know, it's just this whole thing is just insane, absolutely insane.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So that that conversation, this this hearing ended with the judge asking both of the attorneys, the prosecution and the defense, has Peters adequately presented her arguments for release pending appeal to the Court of Appeals prior to raising those grounds in federal court. She has, and that appeal is pending. This is just a giant mess, and it's a political mess because we're Tina Peters, not on the side of Donald Trump. There's no way that this would be happening right now with a federal judge. So we'll see what happens. But I don't think Tina is going to getting out of jail anytime soon, as the judge tries to sort out whether or not he even has the right to let her out, which is fascinating, I mean, really really fascinating. Phil Wiser has picked a fight another one and this one could be very interesting. Phil Wiser's launched a probe into four law enforcement agencies in Colorado, including the Colorado State Patrol.
Speaker 2: What is he looking for?
Speaker 1: Well, he's up set because they pulled over. Mason County Sheriff's deputy pulled over a woman from Utah in early June because she was tailgating a truck. She then, well, I guess in the process of giving her a ticket. He then shared her personal information with the Department of Homeland Security. So Caroline Dias Guncalvese. She's a nineteen year old nursing student who came to US from Brazil as a child with her family. She's now applied for asylum. She got pulled over. He used a signaled chat to share her license plate number in her car's description because he said she may be in the country without documentation.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Phil Wiser said that the law enforcement information shared with federal immigration authorities could be a direct violation of state laws passed last year. Those laws specifically prohibit Colorado State, County and local employees from disclosing personal identifying information for the purpose of investigating, for participating, in cooperating with, or assisting in federal immigration enforcement. But is that law legal when you start talking about supremacy of the federal government, that's the question. So what is going to happen? Is he going to put these people in jail? That's what I want to know.
Speaker 2: What does he think? I mean, what are we going to do here?
Speaker 1: Because if I am this law enforcement officer, I'm going to fight this and I don't know how it would make it its way up to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: But why wouldn't it?
Speaker 1: These laws are clearly not clearly otherwise I would be able to say clearly, but they're not. They don't make a lot of sense when it comes down to the federal supremacy clause.
Speaker 2: It really doesn't. So what are we supposed to do with all this?
Speaker 1: So it is a very interesting thing that's going on. I got an email from a Texter or an emailer this morning. We said, Mandy, this case could feasibly end up at the Supreme Court somehow.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, I could. I don't know. We'll have to wait and see. But Colorado, I'm dying to know.
Speaker 1: I have a story on the blog today about how Colorado will excuse me, California, Minnesota, and Illinois have ended Medicaid for people who do not have legal status. Right, They've just ended it, you know why, because they couldn't afford.
Speaker 2: To take the hit.
Speaker 1: Colorado is preparing to take the same hit.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, what are we going to do here? We have states?
Speaker 1: By the way, Louisville, Kentucky also run by Democrats for the longest time.
Speaker 2: I know that because I live there.
Speaker 1: They have ended their sanctuary policies in Louisville just repealed them all because they were tagged a sanctuary city and the federal government was like, hey, yeah, whatever money you think you're getting, you're not getting it. And Louisville folded like a cheap suit. I mean, just bam doing over nothing. To see what happens in Colorado. We are we so wedded to the virtue signaling that our mayor Mike Johnson loves to talk about.
Speaker 2: We're a welcoming city. We welcome people. It doesn't matter if they're here illegally or illegally, we welcome them.
Speaker 1: Is it more important for Denver and Colorado to be seen as a welcoming city or is it more important that we're able to pay our bills and not cut services and not fire employees. Now, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see and no offense if you are a state employee. But I'd love to see our state government roles trimmed quite a bit. They've grown exponentially in the last nine years. But that being said, is Colorado so worried about looking good and being able to talk at their boulder cocktail parties about how welcoming and warmed they are as they hire security to keep the great underwashed masses out of there.
Speaker 2: Just saying.
Speaker 1: Mandy, My exact thoughts were that he set this dumb ugly walkway project up to show he listens to people he knew would fail, and then listen to the voters. Props to Polis for master manipulation, says this Texter. I actually think there's something to that, but not for that reason. I think we've got a special session coming up, We've got Denver laying off people, We've got all kinds of stuff, all kinds of stuff going on here that he doesn't want to talk about.
Speaker 2: So why not gin.
Speaker 1: Up this idiotic bridge to nowhere that everyone's gonna hate, Get everybody talking about that, and then we don't talk about the other stuff, right. I mean, it's a classic move. It's very effective, very very effective. Great column on the blog today by Joshua Scharff at Complete Colorado, page two, although we have page two anymore now, it's just Complete Colorado and the Headlight, Colorado's auto theft capital gives a green light to car thieves. He starts the column by sharing about how his car was stolen out of his driveway. But then it gets better. Colorado, says Joshua Sharf, is now routine lee one of the three worst states in the country per capita for car theft. Denver Aurora Centennial is the seventh worst metro area in the country. It rated four hundred and thirty fifts per one hundred thousand people. That was an improvement from twenty twenty three, when we were the worst state overall with five hundred and eighty three thefts per hundred thousand people. According to the FBI's Crime Data Explorer, from nineteen eighty five until about two thousand, Colorado averaged about one thousand stolen cars per month. Increasing population and recession pushed that number slowly upward to briefly touch two thousand in two thousand and six, before returning to the previous average for another decade. Then, in twenty fourteen, the Colorado legislature, without any dissenting votes, passed a law to tie the level of criminal mischief for car theft to the value of the car stolen, while lowering the overall penalties. The sliding scale of punishment not only encouraged more theft, but it also encouraged thieves to pick on poor and working class people, and so unsurprisingly, carthift began to rise again. In Denver reported theft's climb to nearly fifteen thousand a year in twenty twenty two, fifteen thousand in Denver.
Speaker 2: Finally officials started to take action.
Speaker 1: Theft rights have finally dropped after legislatures in the city of Aurora enacted things like mandatory minimum sentences, and the state legislature finally did an about face. Theft rates have declined significantly to about three thousand per month statewide eighty six hundred annually in Denver, But those numbers are still insane. Why did you care about this? Why do you think your auto insurance is so expensive? That is why we have two things in Colorado. We used to just have one thing. Which was hail damage.
Speaker 2: Hale.
Speaker 1: We can't do anything about until I find someone who's willing to run out into the parking lot and throw their bodies over my car in every hailstorm.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna have to deal with Hale.
Speaker 1: Right, it would be nice if we had more covered parking, like at the iHeart Studios. I'm just saying, but the reality is we can't control Hale, but we should be able to do a better job controlling car thefs. And here's the other kicker. The car thefts aren't just to take the cars and sell them, right, that would be lovely. Just take the cars, chop them up, sell them, do whatever you're gonna do. But that's not how it works. How it works is they steal the car and then you to commit other crimes.
Speaker 2: Spoiler alert.
Speaker 1: In the column, they did catch the guy who stole Joshua's car, and he is pressing charges. And that's the only way to stop this. Press charges. Make sure people who steal cars go to jail, not after they steal the second and third car. As Bill Wiser Ones famously said before that read the whole thing. It's very very interesting. Now, if you've heard Rich Guggenheim on the show before I want to give a special shout out because he has written a book and just the cover art alone is worth the purchase, even if you buy it on Kendall. It's called Escaping the Rainbow Plantation. Gay rights activist Rich Gugenheim exposes that gender ideology hijack the LGB movement, medicalized kids, and corrupted institutions.
Speaker 2: You can buy it at the.
Speaker 1: Link on my blog today at mandy'sblog dot com. That music means that it's time to make way for the Rockies. They will be playing the Saint Louis Cardinals and good news you get to see Nolan aeronauto with Course Field again. We'll be back tomorrow or I won't. I'll be back Friday.