Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: He's been in prison since two thousand and four for the murder of his wife an unborn child, Scott Peterson. This happened in California, and I believe he was sentenced to life in prison. And this was her husband. He went on TV, he cried, he looked for her, he did all the things. And it turns out they say it was him. But a new docuseries on Peacock is kind of saying, well, maybe it wasn't him.
Speaker 3: He's been in prison since April of two thousand and three. Scott has not spoken on camera about the case in those twenty one years.
Speaker 4: Why should anyone care about what you have to say? Twenty years later?
Speaker 2: And by the way, the Innocence Project, which has done tremendous work in the past, has taken up this cause.
Speaker 1: And that woman that you heard speaking.
Speaker 5: Is his sister in law, Lazy Lacy's sister, Yes, his wife, and she.
Speaker 1: Says that she doesn't think that he's the one that did it.
Speaker 5: I just all of the investigating that went on, all of the I think he actually even recently, not in the too long past, requested a new trial based on new evidence they had. Hearing about it. The judge denied it. I'm going to take the side of that.
Speaker 2: The Innocence Project doesn't take up a cause unless they believe that it's feasible to get it, to get it changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, they haven't won every case, but they've won some right, right, and think about it this way, what.
Speaker 1: If he didn't do right?
Speaker 4: That's what I was going to say.
Speaker 5: You don't want somebody in jail for something that they did not do right.
Speaker 4: This is going to be I just I mean, it's one of those things.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: The Innocence Project.
Speaker 5: Does give it a little bit of legitimacy, I will say that exactly.
Speaker 1: That's that's very well put. They give it.
Speaker 2: They make this like maybe maybe he did, but they've got him on camera that he does an interview through the glass wall, you know, like just like you see in the movies. Yeah, and he's talking to the reporter. And I can't wait to watch as it comes out. I believe on August I wrote it down August the twentieth.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, I will definitely watch that. I'm just saying it was such a huge story. It was so huge. I remember seeing show after show dateline forty eight hours, you know. Yeah, they've done other specials on it, and it just everything points to it. But again, it always points to the husband or boyfriend. Yeah, because it normally is if.
Speaker 2: Anything happens to you, okud, mindy, I hope I have an airtight alibi.
Speaker 1: No, he was in Hawaii when that happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: That doesn't always clear you. That doesn't always clear you.
Speaker 5: Always somebody there's a money path, a money trail that always gets back to the spouse somehow, given our bank account to be a short trail unless we found a super, super cheap hit man. All I'm saying is I feel I of course, from everything I've seen and heard, I think he did it.
Speaker 4: But if he didn't, my gud.
Speaker 5: The man's been in jail since two thousand and three for something he didn't do, awful, awful, and that means the person he did do it is.
Speaker 4: Still out there exactly. Yeah, I'll watch it. I don't know. I don't like it that this is getting all messed up like that.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: It is on Peacock and it starts August twentieth.
Speaker 1: Tricia tell us the first thing that made you laugh all.
Speaker 5: Right, me watching the Olympics Oh wow, that was impressive. Announcer, another disastrous mistake.
Speaker 4: I had to change my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean anything they do in the let's take the divet or gymnastics, take your pick. Whatever they do, it's amazing to me. Yeah, I don't know any better.
Speaker 4: I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks good to.
Speaker 4: Me when they listen, when they have time to.
Speaker 1: Love the stories. We love.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: So we had that big global software autage earlier this month. Delta Airlines will reportedly seek compensation from Microsoft and CrowdStrike because of it. CNBC reports the airline has hired a law firm to pursue damages. Due to the cyber autage that began on July nineteenth, Delta ended up having to cancel thousands of flights, leaving travelers stranded. It took some travelers days to get home. It's estimated the meltdown could cost the company hundreds of millions of dollars.
Speaker 1: Good. I'm glad they're doing something about.
Speaker 5: That, and I doubt that they're the only company that's going to be going to be doing this.
Speaker 1: It'll be a I don't know how many it takes for a class action.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I just still am completely shocked that one company and one little wrong move in a software update shut everything down globally.
Speaker 4: I can't believe they did.
Speaker 2: They didn't have like a backup, right, that's okay, why we install this new thing. Let's run it on the backup and then we'll switch over. And it's crazy that can cause that much trouble that could happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then man, crowd strike didn't do it so any favors when it sent out ten dollars Uber Eats gift cards to the people who were affected, that the companies that were affected.
Speaker 4: No, that was not okay.
Speaker 5: So I'm telling you, I think there are gonna be a lot more people companies to getting in line behind Delta Airlines for this for saying ois a lot of money, A lot of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'd be I mean, put to break it down in like real simple like think about it this way. If the people that delivered the gas couldn't get the gas there for the airplanes because their truck broke down, right, you'd sue them.
Speaker 4: Yeah right right, so grounds your flight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. That's the story. We love.
Speaker 2: She's the People's report. A Tricia. My name is Sandy, So stick around. We've got more coming up. You're listening to The Sandy Show, presented by our Bank. To find them online at www dot the letter r dot bank.
Speaker 1: Remember FDIC. Tricia's in Love with the Nerd.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think the world is at least America is definitely Hey, it's Sandy and Tricia.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being here. Grabbed the Sandy Show podcast. It's Baila or ever you get your podcasts. Best fifteen minutes of the show, no commercials, no music, so go ahead and grab that. So a lot of great storylines in the Olympics, of course, the girls, the women won gold yes yesterday.
Speaker 4: I was so exciting to watch that.
Speaker 1: Your girl, Jordan Child, Jordan.
Speaker 5: Childs I told you she is my most favorite girl, my favorite thing that happened when she was doing her floor routine. She was in the corner of the floor getting ready for her next run, and the camera was pointed right at her, and she winked at the camera before she turned around and went and did some incredible run and nailed it. And also it cut to the jim where Simone Biles and Jordan Child's practice all the little kids who also practiced there were watching her deer routine and they were doing the hand movements with her. They've seen her practice at so many times that they haven't memorized as well.
Speaker 4: I thought that was super sweet.
Speaker 1: And then there's Stephen Neda or Siic.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Pomohorse Guy.
Speaker 5: He's on the men's gymnastics team.
Speaker 4: His only event is palmmel horse. That's all he does.
Speaker 5: He got up there and his performance on palmmel horse is what put them over the top and got them a metal And he has now been dubbed palmmelhorse Guy or because he wears glasses but before he gets up on the palmo horse, he takes them off. He's been dubbed the Clark Kent of the USA Men's Olympics team.
Speaker 2: I was watching his performance on X and it's amazing how he works the whole horse up and down.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and forth.
Speaker 4: You have to that's part of that's part of the event.
Speaker 5: But what was also cool while all the other guys on the team were out there doing all their different events, before he had to do his event, he was just sitting off to the side. He had his glasses on with his eyes closed and his headphones on. Not looking at anything, and when it was his turn, took a deep breath, took his glasses off, took his headphones off, and walked to the pommel.
Speaker 4: Horse and nailed it.
Speaker 1: He was ready to do.
Speaker 4: The people went crazy.
Speaker 2: Now that's the men's gymnastics, and yeah, I didn't think you'd get into that, but it is no surprise as to why you are into the men's swimming.
Speaker 4: Hello, wow, what's that guy's name. I don't even know his name.
Speaker 2: It's a Frenchman named Jules Boyer. That is a swimmer that is like carved out a granite. It looks like that he should be. He should be in the louver. He should what he looks like.
Speaker 5: But everybody was quick to point out him and his little speedo.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: I think they need to upsize speedo is all I can say. I mean, I felt weird looking at it. I had to, I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I don't think his mama feels.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know, but it's like he's oblivious to it.
Speaker 4: I don't know how he stays on top of the water.
Speaker 1: It kind of got an anchor there.
Speaker 2: At me, it's like, yeah, it's anyway, Yeah, incredible athlete.
Speaker 4: Incredible athlete.
Speaker 5: I will tell you this though, I I that the announcers was just like on day three, maybe I was watching and I don't know, one of the guys on the gymnastics team stuck a landing and I came into you and I was like, I think our announcers are already running out of things to say, because I heard one guy say and he nailed it like a toothpick, or he stuck it like a toothpick and a club sandwich.
Speaker 1: He was just waiting to use that line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, either that or than that before he was like crap, I'm got to think of more.
Speaker 1: Things to set chat GPT. What do I say?
Speaker 4: Second club sandwich tooth.
Speaker 2: Olympics a lot of fun and they're just gonna get better. They go on for like three weeks.
Speaker 5: I think nine days. What I think nine days? Maybe sixteen, but I think nine.
Speaker 2: Uh, all right, well enjoy it. The Americans are doing well. Stick around. We got more coming up on. Laurren Riley made the police officers in Florida's job really really easy. She's the star of our epic fail for today.
Speaker 1: He brought his friends into the band.
Speaker 4: That's funny.
Speaker 1: It's so bad but.
Speaker 2: Lauren Riley's a forty one year old woman. She lives and of course she lives in Florida. She got in her car and she's started to dry, but she forgot to put on her seat belt. Florida Police Department pulled her over because she wasn't wearing a seatbelt safe right. Well, during the traffic stop, they noticed that the passenger was kind of moving things around a little suspiciously.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't do that. You gotta be still when you get pulled over.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know this, but the cops, they get trained at the academy.
Speaker 1: If someone's moving things.
Speaker 2: Around in the car, you're gonna look in investigates, right, So it's moving things around, and they spotted some drug paraphernalia, so that of course gives them reasonable cause to search the.
Speaker 1: Vehicle, which they did. Yeah, I won to know what they found.
Speaker 4: Tell me.
Speaker 2: Inside Lauren's car, they found a bag with the label on it.
Speaker 1: You want to know what the label said, Yeah, bag of drugs.
Speaker 5: With a big giant neo neon arrow flashing pointing to her drugs.
Speaker 4: Bag of drugs.
Speaker 1: You want to know what was inside the bag?
Speaker 4: Drugs?
Speaker 2: Drugs do you want to know what kind of drugs. Yeah, Lauren had herself a little crack cocaine. She had herself some powdered cocaine, little crystal meth, yeah, Xanax pills to take off the edge, and some other drugs.
Speaker 4: Yea, all those things are bad for you.
Speaker 1: All those the drugs.
Speaker 2: But they also found a needle, straws, a metal spoon, and four glass pipes. My gosh, at least she labeled the bag accurately.
Speaker 5: She wouldn't get it confused with other paper bags.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she didn't want to if that one mixed up with any of our other bags.
Speaker 5: Got She had all her bases covered in that bag, didn't she.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's very organized. There's there's you know, that's when being a tad anal will kind of it bitters. Yeah, so Lauren's probably gonna go jail for.
Speaker 4: A while a long time bag of drugs.
Speaker 2: I just would love to hear the conversation back at the cop shop.
Speaker 1: You guys are gonna believe this.
Speaker 2: I pulled his chick over for not wearing a seatbelt, and it's fast news, acting weird, and then I've checked it out.
Speaker 1: She had a bag in there. Labeled back of.
Speaker 4: Drugs, the bag of drugs. That's incredible.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Lauren Riley, you are the star of our epic fail. We've got pay for Just join us some of the stuff that you missed out on. We were talking about the Olympics and the Palme horse guy. He's a big star. Now love him. The Clark Kent of USA gymnastics, the women that win won the team gold all around metal which is fantastic, and the French swimmer.
Speaker 4: I mean, y'all, just google him. I you don't know where to look when you're looking at the picture.
Speaker 1: His name is Jules Boyer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, just check him out, you guys carrying.
Speaker 1: I'm not call car carri carring.
Speaker 4: Here we go, Sandy.
Speaker 5: Do you care or don't care to find out about something shocking? Damn you're using quoting fingers shocking about a British woman in her bedpants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mentioned that bedpants Like it's gotta be something crazy.
Speaker 1: What's up? Yeah?
Speaker 5: A British woman started collecting bedpans back in nineteen eighty four. She said she wanted to collect something interesting and unusual. She's not collected one hundred and sixty three bedpans. She decided to put them up for auctions. Shockingly, nobody bid on that, nobody interested in, thank goodness. And she's like, I don't understand. Each one of them is different and unusual. How many different ways can you fashion a bedpan?
Speaker 2: Can I ask a question about a bad pan? I don't mean to be gross, I just don't know the answer. Okay, when you're in the hospital, do they just slide that underneath you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you can't get out of bed and you have to go potty, you just slide it right up underneath your business.
Speaker 2: They fold the seat up or lift it up so you're kind of sitting up a little bit.
Speaker 4: I mean, do you know what a badpan looks like?
Speaker 1: Yes, I do.
Speaker 4: You just kind of lift up a little bit.
Speaker 5: They slide it under your baby just laying on it, sitting on it.
Speaker 1: That sucks.
Speaker 5: What's worse having to do in a bedpan? Or the lady who has to then clean it? Could be a guy or the guy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm just I just want you to be peace.
Speaker 4: And just think about what you want to collect.
Speaker 5: You guys, now, she has an entire room full of bedpans.
Speaker 1: What you want to collect.
Speaker 4: They can't get rid of it.
Speaker 1: What was? What's the empty ivy bags were not available? Right? What else? All right?
Speaker 4: Sandy? Care?
Speaker 5: Don't care to find out what Chipotle is selling? First of it's kind. They've never sold this before. It's very out of their lane.
Speaker 1: Good burritos.
Speaker 5: Oh stop beg my kid, they have great burritos. There a burrito proof lipstain that's guacamole green.
Speaker 1: What makes it burrito proof?
Speaker 4: It won't come up.
Speaker 5: It's a lipstain, so you can eat your burrito and at the end still have your lipstain on, but it's green, guacamole green.
Speaker 1: Will you wear it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I won't wear it.
Speaker 1: I'll get something for the fuzz.
Speaker 4: She'd probably wear it just because the novelty of it.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 5: She loves her some Chipotle. All right, Sandy, I don't know if you're gonna care about this or not care. Don't care to find out how much money somebody paid for a one of a kind item from Return of the Jedi Star Wars.
Speaker 4: Return the Star.
Speaker 1: Wars people, they'll they'll throw down for that stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I don't even know.
Speaker 5: This might be lost on you did you didn't see Return of the Jedi digit. Do you at least know whether you've seen the photo of Princess Leah in the gold bikini?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 5: Okay, the gold bikini. The infamous Gold Bikini sold for one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars at an auction. Oh my gosh, there was a whole episode of Friends Devoted to Guys and loving Princess Leah in the Gold bikini the episode when she's Jaba the Huts prisoner.
Speaker 1: Is it the one she actually wore in the movie?
Speaker 5: Yes, it's the actual one, one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Its creepy about that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Another thing is included a one of those y Wing models that was used on screen during the final battle in one of the episode's new hope. The miniature that they used on screen one point six million dollars.
Speaker 1: Crap.
Speaker 4: I know these Star Wars people, they all show out the money.
Speaker 1: I mean that is care, don't care. It's time for us to leave.
Speaker 2: If you're just tuning in, I'm telling you, friends, you got to get here earlier.
Speaker 4: Just gotta get here earlier, earlier.
Speaker 5: And then once you get that down, then a little bit earlier before that, and then eventually we you're with us all.
Speaker 2: Day, right text us seven three seven threes are a one ninety six hundred.
Speaker 1: We love hearing from you.
Speaker 2: Let's let's tell everybody all the things we learned today.
Speaker 5: We learnt about pommel horse guy, the guy who does the pommel horse for the US Men's gymnastics team, gymnastics team Stephen netterazik Man, the Clark Kent of USA Gymnastics.
Speaker 4: He only does the pommel horse. He swooped in clenched.
Speaker 5: The medal for the US men's team the other night, and he wears glasses, so right before he gets on the palma horse he takes them off.
Speaker 4: That's where he got the Clark Kent status.
Speaker 5: But what I thought was funny was after he did such a great job the other night, his teammates were picking him up, bouncing him around in the air, and he was trying to put his glasses back on. What guys, Yeah, he has something where he cannot see without his glasses on.
Speaker 4: And it was just very funny and he, I mean, he's the guy right now?
Speaker 1: So are they done? The men are done?
Speaker 4: The team is done yet?
Speaker 5: So they went part Yeah, they're done, and in fact, it showed them last night sitting and watching the women's gymnastics finals and rooting for them.
Speaker 1: That's cool, Yeah, very cool.
Speaker 5: Another thing we learned, Oh you told us about the Scott.
Speaker 2: Peterson case docuseries that comes out August twentieth on Pea Cock. The Innocence Project has taken up his case, and it may they're trying to show that maybe he didn't commit the crime that he's been in prison for for the last twenty one years.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying the Innocence Project, like you said earlier, gives it a lot of credibility.
Speaker 5: And the fact that it is questions Lacey's sister who's leading the charge to preve his innocence.
Speaker 4: This just messes everything up in my brain.
Speaker 5: I had tied it all up nicely in a bow and put it to bed in my brain, and now it's getting all shaken up again.
Speaker 2: Here is the You want to hear the trailer for it, Yeah, find it earlier.
Speaker 1: It's pretty interesting. Here you go.
Speaker 3: He's been in prison since April of two thousand and three. Scott has not spoken on camera about the case in those twenty one years.
Speaker 4: Why should anyone care about what you have to say?
Speaker 1: Twenty years later, and that's Lacy Peterson's sister. That's true.
Speaker 5: With mess Crazy comes down on Peacock August twentieth.
Speaker 1: You cents correct, yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And finally we learned about the bag of drugs.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, and our epic failed.
Speaker 2: Star of our epic failed today woman had gotten her car, started driving to put her seatbelt on, got pulled over, her passenger started acting suspicious. Please investigate, and they found a bag that was labeled bag of drugs. And inside that bag that's exactly what they found. They found crack, they found cocaine, They found crystal meth, xanax, needles, straws, spoons, glass pipes.
Speaker 4: I mean, my god, she was ready for anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was ready to party.
Speaker 4: Something was going to get her. Yeah, I just got her first.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They probably did her a favor, probably. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's it for today. Guys, thank you very much for hanging with us. We do appreciate it. But you know what, we're gonna do it again tomorrow.
Speaker 4: So you guys come back, Please
Speaker 1: Have a great day, be safe, and don't take any crap from anybody.