Speaker 1: Welcome this Friday afternoon of the Tri State. Big news came out last night about Terry Francona, former manager of the Indians and also the Red Sox was World Series titles. Also the former manager of Michael Jordan and they played with the Reds in nineteen eighty seven. Now joining you and I as the Hall of Famer Marty Brenneman and Marty, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Marty, first of all, your reaction to the hiring of Terry Francona, and you may have had a part in it because you mentioned his name first, But what is your feeling about Francona.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about I don't know about having a hand in it.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 2: I felt like when I was asked, you know, when there was all kinds of names being bandied about, that if you looked at the list, there was only one name that stood out, and that was his. With all due respect to the other guys that possibly had been considered a were to be considered before the announcement this morning, he was far away the best. I mean two World championships and postseasons virtually every year of clubs that he managed. And so I was thrilled to death at the club felt the same way I did, And so you know, it happened. And I give him a lot of credit for being aggressive in targeting him and then being able to come up with a deal that was good enough to get him signed to a contract.
Speaker 1: Do you vaguely remember Terry Francona here is a player in nineteen eighty seven? Does your memory go back that far with positive things about Terry Francona and the Reds?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I mean that's where he and I first met, and then even though he was here for a year, we had a great relationship. At that time, it was a business relationship. He's a player, I was a broadcaster. And as years went by we stayed in touch and we became good friends. And in fact, amand and I went out saved his home in Tucson last late end of February before we drove down a good year for the for spring training. We played golf three days in a row. And so he's a dear friend of mine. And I'm proud to say that because he's a quality guy. The people in this town are going to love him. I just think it's the greatest single hire that the Bob Castellini owned Reds have ever pulled off.
Speaker 1: I did an interview last night and I referenced the fact that in nineteen eighty nine, nineteen ninety pot Rose Lou Panella came in with a fresh look on things. He came from the outside. In a sense, Terry Francone was coming from the outside because he's not been around here for about thirty seven years. So yes, But would you compare this in a sense to the arrival of Lou Panello in the greatness he brought to the club.
Speaker 2: Well, they're different personalities. You know, Lou was bombastic and Terry's not like that. But Terry has a way about him that that has an instant connect with the players that he's managed over the years. And you know, Terry, Terry is reintroduced to the National League after having not been around since his first managerial endeavor and that was with the Philadelphia Phillies way back. But at the same time, with interleague play, he knows how the game is played in this league and he's not going to have any problem with that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure how's his health because, as I understand it, with the Indians, I can recall the last game he coached and managed for the Indians. I'm sorry and the Guardians. They had signs all over Cleveland Stadium talking about God, bless you Terry and thank you Terry Francona. How's his health these days?
Speaker 2: His health is fine. In fact, when we were out there in February, and having kept in touch with him since then, all the problems that he had that led up to, you know, walking away from the job in Cleveland, He's healthy as a horse now. I mean, he might tell you that the only problem he has is problem keeping his weight down to where.
Speaker 3: It should be.
Speaker 2: But even having said that he's lost a lot of weight, he's in great health. They don't have any concern whatsoever about his health. And quite honestly, Bill, I think that he had some things that I think sobered him up to the point where he knew that he had to get his act together otherwise he's going to die. And that got his attention, and I think that in and of itself, is going a long way toward putting him in the position that he's in now.
Speaker 1: Well, when you were out with your lovely wife in the Goodyear area of Arizona, did you have a sense in February that he was wanting to get back into baseball. Did he relate to you, you know, I kind of miss it. I got my health, got things back to I want to get back into the game. Did he tell you that in February?
Speaker 2: No, we didn't. In fact, when we left his home in Tucson, I told him, Man, I said, he's never going to manage again. He's done, He's done with this. He was so assertive in his feeling that he would never go back and put a uniform on again. And now, I think being away for a year, getting healthy, watching a lot of baseball, which he did, I think he watched our club a lot, it made him realize that he was not ready to hang it up yet. And he was healthy enough now and invigorated enough that he felt like it was time to come back. And thank God, this is a situation that seemed to be the kind of thing that I think any manager would want to take a look at this club because it's the core is a bunch of young, very talented players, a team that, if healthy, is deep in pitching. And I think all of that has made a major difference.
Speaker 1: Now Marty, it's kind of odd in baseball. It's a big industry, but it's so small in a sense. Buddy Bell brought in Terry Francona. When Buddy Bell was I believe with then the Indians, now the Guardians, and so here we are. Buddy Bell brings in Terry Francona, and then Bell's son, David Bell, is left and Terry francone and takes his place.
Speaker 2: Somewhat peculiar, Yeah, it is, you know, I mean, Terry and and Buddy were dear friends forever, and you know, Francona knew David, he knew every member in the family. And then it is kind of ironic that they have now come to the point in which they are all individually and collectively are part of And it's just an interesting situation, it really is.
Speaker 1: I know you're busy, but a couple one more question, and that is there was a perception, you know, after last year, not this year, but last year the team won eighty two games. In the last ten seasons, the Reds have had one winning record in a full season, which was last year, and there was a sense in March April of last year, this club's ready to take off.
Speaker 2: Why didn't it well, you know, I said, I said last spring, and people got all pissed off and jump me because I was being a negative, But I made the point. Then I said, you know, God bless what this team did last year, because it was a team that'll always be remembered as a team that made baseball relevant again. I said, but to automatically assume that a bunch of young kids with one year of big league baseball under their belts is going to come back this year and collectively produce more than they did in their rookie year, I said, there's a saying in baseball it's if applicable to only this sport, and that is to stophomore jinks. And I said, just get ready, because you're going to have some guys here that are not going to have the kind of years in twenty four that they did in twenty three, never dreaming it would be as bad as it was. So you can't take anything for granted. And I would like to think that with Bell and probably some new coaches on the staff that they are, I mean, with Terry and new coaches on the staff, they're going to do some things that obviously were addressed or we're not addressed enough this past year that will bring this club back to its full potential and perform the way it should. That one thing they got going for him, and I think is a real plus. They're in a division where there is no dominant team. I mean, it's never easy to win a division, but God knows, I'd hate to be in the American League East for the National League West. But that they are in the division that's very winnable. And they have to tweak some things with this club to bring Francona in. There's one thing, but he's not America worker, so he's got to have some players. And I think there are some needs at this club needs to fulfill to allow them to bring out their complete potential towards trying to get to the postseason in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: And is every expectation, and we have a news conference coming up a little bit here, but there's every expectation that Terry Francona is going to clean house. And Freddie benavinis Et said, a great guy. But isn't there a belief that Terry he's going to bring in his own guys because he's mana always come well, he's got a wealth of experience. Everyone that worked with him in Boston or in Cleveland, they love working with Terry Francona. Can we assume the entire coaching staff is gone.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. I think there will be some coaches on the staff that'll be back. I think there will be some that are gone, but I think there'll be some that'll be back. And you do have to give a new manager some latitude. That doesn't mean did you go from one extreme to the other. And that is to say to him, well, we won't choose manager, but you're going to have to take the coaching staff intact. No manager would do that. At the same time, a club will have a one or two or three coaches that you know, they go to the new manager and say, look, well you really like to have these guys back. You will find there'll be an asset to you. But you do have the freedom to bring in whatever number it is. I think it'll be a collection of.
Speaker 1: Old and new. Yeah, and I would assume Frank Cone has talked to the key players on the team already. What is your perspective, Let's get together, let's talk. Tell me what went right, what went wrong? This year, and he's got the general manager who got the Casteline. He's so you know, one thing Terry Francone is going to have. He's gonna have presence. In other words, he's gonna have credibility. He's done it before he can bring in his World Series rings. I know what to do. I've done it before, I can do it here. And Terry Francone is not looking forward to a rebuild. He's not going to come in here at the age of sixty five years old saying let's take two or three years. He wants to win this year, correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think is any question about that that he wants to win this year. But at the same time, you know, let me put it this.
Speaker 4: Way to you.
Speaker 2: If they don't, if they don't win the division, I think you'll see a vast improvement in this club as long as it can stay healthy. That's the key, because I think he and his people will bring out every bit of good that they can with his club. They will make players be accountable, which I don't think they were this this past year. Despite what David Bell might say, and I think Jonathan in India summed it up better than anybody when he admitted that we have to have a manager who will uh put accountability at the top of the list. Yeah, you know, I remember when Lou I told somebody the other day when Pinela was here, if he had gone through a season like this team, the clubhouse would not be a comfortable place to be.
Speaker 1: Well, Terry, I'd be great.
Speaker 2: You know. I think he very subtly and and and in a in a much calmer way. I think lou will make these guys understand that I'm not going to accept anything but the best you got all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, Marty, I'm glad, I know you're busy. Thanks for calling in and this afternoon. We'll see what happens later on. But hit him straight and make a few.
Speaker 2: Putts, all right, Pal, I appreciate it, Billy, thank.
Speaker 1: You, Mario. I was continued more and you know Marty brings it up. But this year, the first baseman didn't play, the second baseman didn't play, the third baseman didn't play. Most of the season, the entire Reds pitching staff was on the d l at some point or another, and uh, David Bell went from red hot to ice cold. And as he said, Lou Panella would have been rolling around on the carpet with some of the players in the dressing room. And that's not Terry Francona, but the eyeball to eyeball, he will hold the players accountable. And so we'll see what happens. Bill Cunningham with you every day in your home of the Reds, Pete Rose and the Bengals. News Radio seven hundred WLW, Bully Cunningham, the Great American. And there you heard it from the Hall of Famer. There's a scheduled news conference for about ten am on Monday, kind of fill in the blanks about what's going on with Terry Francona. It's amazing to me how life is so sarcuitous that the father of David Bell brought Terry Francona into the manager's or coaching position at at Cleveland, then the Indians, and now David Bell, the son of Buddy Bell, is being replaced by Terry Francona, who at the age of sixty five thought he was done. You heard the Hall of Famer talk about it. That essentially that in February of this year, during spring training, spent some time there. They stayed with Terry, Marty and Terry have been closed for a long time. This is the manager of Michael Jordan. The one season that Michael Jordan went to the minor leagues having won three championships for the Chicago Bulls. The one season guess what, well he was the manager Terry Francona and Marty and Michael Jordan. Terry Francona and the Reds go back a long time. Yours truly did the extra inning show for years, beginning in nineteen eighty three until about nineteen ninety two, nineteen ninety three, about seven or eight years. And I spent hours and hours, hundreds of hours at Riverfront and in the locker room. And I barely I would be honest with you. I don't recall Terry Francona in nineteen eighty seven as part of the Cincinnati Reds. The characters were unbelievable, including Pete Rose and including Jose Blamon On Rijo and Paul O'Neil and Chris Sabo and Joe Oliver Todd Benzinger. The Nasty Boys were nasty, and off to the side was this reserve player named Terry Francona. And here we are, what about thirty seven years later and Terry Francona is back, and heck, I'm still here, so I don't know what to say, but I want to compliment Phil Castellini, and I guess Bob and the baseball people at the Reds for reaching the end of the basket and saying the best manager available to handle this club now is Terry Francona, who wants to win now. But number one, you need health. Having a team with the entire starting pitching staff at one point on the DL and having the three fourths of the infield positions absent, the first, second basement, third basement gone, centerfield are out for a very long period of time, plus all the other injuries and difficulties, and the team still at that pace still won about seventy eight games, which I guess is good. But as Marty said, the division is easily winnable. And I want to compliment Matt Reeves for doing fabulous work with his magic going back in time and getting the comments of when Terry frank con and the comments have won Marty, Brenneman and Moore. So let's continue. In a few minutes from now, We're going to have on Leland Vidderdi of News Nation about politics and more at Trump of the Reds, Pete Rose and the Bengals News Radio seven hundred WLW all right, Billy Cunningham, the Great America and more come up later and the hairing Atarry Francona is the manager of the Cincinnati Reds. Joni You and I now is the Leland Viitterer of News Nation on balance Monday through Friday, News Nation and Leland Viddert, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham showing Leland, how are you never better? Bill? Let's talk about politics from a national perspective, which I love dealing with. But can you kind of tell us this is Friday afternoon where the race is now? Because when I talked to the Trumpster and Eric and his family couldn't be happier. When I talk to my Democratic friends, and I do have Democratic friends, a lot of them, they tell me they're concerned, but the polling is right in the middle. From a national perspective, Leland Viddert, where are we now? If anywhere?
Speaker 5: Well, everybody can be right. I guess might be a way of saying it, which is that you probably at this very moment, would rather be Donald Trump. The polling is tied, but momentum is on his side. The betting markets just flipped in his favor. Those are normally a leading indicator to when the polling flips. So yeah, you'd probably on net rather be Donald Trump right now. There's more things that can happen good for Donald Trump and bad for Kamala Harrison the next month, and can happen bad for Donald.
Speaker 3: Trump and good for Kamala Harris in the next month.
Speaker 1: And the settlement of the doc strike is a big thing. And according to some reporting, I am sure that Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, the Department of Labor did everything in their power to get that off the table. Because you have three things happening, all against Kamala Harris. Number one is what's happening in Israel. She can't do her policies may or may not have cause. What's going on with Iran? Who knows, but it's bad, it's negative. Number two was the dock strike and that's seemingly going to be settled and pushed off till January the fifteenth. And a DOC worker can make up to one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars a year. I may apply at some point. And thirdly, you got the hurricane situation, which looks horrible for Mariorcis and FEMA, who Maorcus said the other day they don't have any money and now they're going to get the money because they spent the money on illegals, and all the rent for illegals and all the medical everything went that way. So those three big things. The doc strike could be settled, but the hurricane could. A hurricane like Katrina. Many have called it Kamala Harris's Katrina, Kamala's Katrina is Helene? Do you see it that way?
Speaker 5: No, it's nifty and it's nice packaging. After every hurricane there has been terrible complaints that things aren't happening. As Americans, we are not used to seeing our fellow Americans suffer. Katrina was unique because it went on for so long, The images of the rescue went on for so long.
Speaker 1: There was a racial.
Speaker 3: Component on and on.
Speaker 5: Now, is that is that gonna say it's not gonna hurt her a point or two in North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Or Georgia very well?
Speaker 5: Might will it hurt her a point or two with working class whites in Pennsylvania like the Fellows that I interviewed yesterday who were working on the on the fracking trucks.
Speaker 3: Very possibly. So I think you two things to me true at once.
Speaker 5: And and there's there's often indications, at least if you listen to the Republican governors of South Carolina and of Georgia, that they're getting what they need and that and that this does not happen instantaneously. You know, as powerful as the federal government is and as America is, when you know a third of a state gets wiped out by a storm, uh, there's not an instant clean up and response. So I think those things to be true. We wrote about More Notes, which is our daily newsletter. I know you subscribed Warnoes dot com for free exactly these three issues that you talked about that were not going in Kamala Harris's direction and in your right to point out the docks strike being solved is an enormous, enormous gift to Kamala Harris because that was going to be a huge problem for them politically.
Speaker 1: No question of what's happening in Israel, I don't know, but whatever it is, it's bad. It's all bad because Israel's face now five or six wars between the Hesbala Hamas, the Judies, the hooties you got to you got to Syria and the emissions they're militias. There isis You got Iran attacking them with hundreds of missiles. Thank god, ninety five percent have been have been intercepted. But no nation's capital can become under siege from missiles repeatedly, hundreds of times without some ugly response. And maybe now is the time I'm for Israel to push that against the Mullahs in Iran. And I've read something out of the Jerusalem Post about is that the goal of Israel now to free the Lebanese from Hesblah, is that the goal of Israel to free Gosins from Hamas, Is that the goal now to free yem and E's from the hoodies, And is that the goal of Israel to free the Iranian people from the theocratic leadership? How about that? Take?
Speaker 5: Well, there is a force for good in the world right now, which is Israel that's standing up for itself and standing up to Iran. I would argue that if you take care of the Mullahs in Tehran, those other dominoes fall. So that's just sort of the way it is that if Israel for its own security needs to free free various groups from the stranglehold of the Iranian Mullahs and the terror hold that they have, then it's a good thing. I'm old enough to remember when people being oppressed around the world was a cause for Democrats. That has sort of gone by the wayside. So there, unless you can blame the Jews for it, I guess is the dot dot dot Again. We don't know how these things are going to end up, and I've learned long enough, especially after my time in the Middle East, to not predict how things go in the Middle East or what's going to happen, but to sort of be humble enough to think, I don't know. I can tell you what the strongest position is, but I can also tell you that these things don't tend to get better, which is the problem, and they certainly don't get better without action and moral courage and moral clarity, and that's not what we're seeing right now.
Speaker 1: About four percent of the vote in Michigan are Muslims, generally around Dearborn, and the last election there was like a forty point margin for Joe Biden. The appalling now indicates is fifty to fifty, which is a disaster for Kamala Harris. And no matter which way she goes, it's bad because unless Israel attacks Iran takes the head of the snake down, and all of a sudden there's peace in the Middle East, I think that'd be great. The odds of that happening are not very good, because that is an intractable problem that's going on at least for seventy years. Some say for seven hundred or two thousand years, but another I'd like to bring up something philosophical with you, Leland Viddert. Are you ready for a philosophical news question?
Speaker 3: Well, it is.
Speaker 5: Friday afternoon, Bill, so I'll do my best.
Speaker 1: It came out last night Garth Brooks allegedly had friends in very low places, one of them being allegedly. I keep saying if and allegedly because I don't believe her and I don't disbelieve her that he's somehow raped or sexually assaulted a makeup artist from twenty nineteen, and that story is lead stories on very cable channels, including whose nation it is mentioned you have, I watch NBC, ABC, CBS mentioned. In other words, it's a big story from five years ago. It is alleged that he had improper relations. This is an entertainer. One of my favorite singers is Garth Brooks, despite his politics, and I like listening to him and his alleged and I underworre the an italicized alleged peccadillos. They're all over the place, and he's not a politician. Now here's the countervailing point I want to make. It came out the last three or four days allegedly, I keep underlying the word allegedly that Doug Amhoff also called his mister Kamala Harris, allegedly assaulted one or two women, one at the cons Film Festival in twenty twelve, another one before that. And also continuing percolating is impregnating a nanny, And largely in the so called mainstream media, there's nothing being a reported about allegedly Doug Amhoff, the vice president's husband, having these assaults on women, and the whole issue of impregnating the nanny is a non issue. So why is it You're in the news business for like twenty or thirty years, why is it big news that a singer five years ago may have acted improperly with a makeup. That's a big story. But the last week, these alleged assaults on women, which Kamala Harris says, I believe the woman. I believe her, and it's a non story. So with Doug M Hoff it's a non story. With Garth Brooks, it's major news.
Speaker 5: Why because Garth Brooks is a celebrity. I would say that that Garth Brooks Doug M Hoff comparison is apples and oranges if we want to get deep into philosophy, very philosophical standard on apples and oranges. I think the more apt comparison is the accusations against Doug M Hoff and the accusations against Brett Kavanaugh, which Kamala Harris really made her Senate career, as you might remember, prosecuting Brett Kavanaugh for lack of a better term during his hearings for the Supreme Court. So I would argue that the believe all women's standard that was applied to Brett Brett Kavanaugh is being completely ignored when it comes.
Speaker 1: To DOUGM m Hoff.
Speaker 5: And the answer simple, because one makes Donald Trump and Republicans look bad and one makes Democrats look bad. I think it's very fair to say, Bill, And I'm not a media critic because journalists make lousy media critics. I do facts, I don't do opinion. But he's pretty clear that there is a lot of journalists and media organizations who have given up all sense of objectivity, in all sense of fairness, in the sole pursuit of electing Kamala Harris. And by the way, I would argue that there's a number of journalistic organizations that have given up all journalistic integrity, uh and all sense of fairness in the pursuit of electing Donald Trump, and in all in all sense of of their own of what they what there are their own professed values. It's what makes news Nation different that we don't Chris Cuomo get a huge piece on Doug MLS and and made the point you just made. So if you want to know how news Nation is different, that's how we are different. So the one thing I keep coming back to, and I hear conservatives like yourself all the time hammer away at the media unfairness. Yes, the media is unfair. We all know that, or or certain parts of the media or all the media is un fair to somebody. Fine, what I keep thinking about when I travel this country talking to voters that will decide this election, which are not in Washington, DC. None of them talked to me about the media. I was out with a bunch of guys who were fracking yesterday morning, tough works, throwing sledgehammers. It's steel pipe coming two thousand feet out of the ground with oil spurting everywhere. I mean, I looked like it was a movie out of the nineteen twenties in Texas or something. And they didn't talk to me about how unfair the media was.
Speaker 4: They didn't talk to me.
Speaker 5: It didn't complain about these peccadillos. Are those peccadillos. They cared about the fact that stuff was expensive. They couldn't put foot on the table. And that's where I think if this election is going to be won by Donald Trump or by Kamala Harris, it is who can best address those issues. Are people people who are going to decide this election cannot afford the luxury of caring about how biased the media is. They're worried about grocers.
Speaker 1: And if that's the case. If this election is about January sixth and abortion, the Democrats win. If this election is about inflation, the cost of living in the southern border, Republicans win, and I would contend the latter is more important to average Americans than the former, and we'll see what happens down the road. I can only relate to Leland vidderd if jd Vance, who just turned forty and attends my church, had engaged in the similar allegations leveled against Doug Elmhoff. It would be front page on every story, it would be wall to wall coverage. But because it's a Democrat that hurts Kamala Harris, except for a few murmurings, the so called mainstream media ignores the story because, as you said, it benefits, it benefits Donald Trump, and God help any so called PBS, NBC, ABC, CBS, New York Times, Washington Post story that benefits Donald Trump as simply doesn't happen. Ninety percent of the coverage of the mainstream media about Donald Trump is negative. Ninety percent of the coverage about Kamala Harris is positive, and they're doing their best. And I would contend the so called mainstream media has lost its way and losing their strength because of talk radio, the website, social media, and outlets like news Nation. And that's the reason that they're freaking out because they've lost control your comment.
Speaker 5: Again, I don't do media commentary because I'm a journalist. We make lousy media crips. What I will say is that I think anybody would be interested in the validity of your argument could look at the ratings of the morning shows, of Day Show and of ABC's a Good Morning America, and of the CBS Morning Show and of the CBS Evening News and decide for.
Speaker 1: Themselves it's not good. In fact, it's bad, but all right, good to have you on again to get a perspective. But I love this stuff, and I think you and I love what we do want to keep doing as long as possible. And as I'm a media commentator, you're actually a journalist in the media. And I'm just amazed how some stories get big play and some stories do not. When Malania Trump has a book out on what she said that she thinks abortion on demand is a great thing, and then Donald Trump was interviewed and he said, look, she's a separate person, she's my wife. I told her just do do whatever you think is good to me. That's a positive. But the media twisted that as a negative and use it against Donald Trump. And I didn't know this was the case until I watched Morning Joe This Morning. I do that so you don't have to. And the argument now is that this is a campaign ploy, that of course Malania Trump has the same views as Donald but they thought it might be wise for her, Malonia Trump to say how pro abortion she is, to get more votes for her husband. That's a rather gymnastic interview, gymnastic viewpoint. I don't accept it. But nonetheless, Lannia Trump is a strong personal, a person, a private woman, and she wrote her book because that's what I feel, and Donald Trump said, go whatever you feelings are, and somehow that's also a political ploy. But Leland Vidett once again News Nation Monday through Friday, and once again, Leland, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And you have a great weekend, you sir, God bless you. Let's continue with more if the line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. After the News, We're gonna have Miranda Divine will be here from the New York Post. Miranda Divine. She's coming with receipts of the corruption of Joe Biden. Hunter Biden at all at your Home of the Reds, Pete Rose and the Bengals News Radio seven hundred ww h Right, Bill Cunningham, the Great American. One of the great guests on Fox News and elsewhere is Miranda Divine. She's the author of many great books. The one out now is The Big Guy, How the President and his son sold out America. And if she had been on the different side of the political fence, she would be the Woodward and the bernste end of the twenty first century, she would be wind down in pocket line for eternity. But because Miranda reports facts, objective facts about Democrats, especially a high power democrats like Joe Biden, Jim Biden, Hunter Biden, etc. It's mainly confined to conservative media, which is unbelievable because the stuff she has discovered about Joe Biden and his family selling out America over the many years is incredible. Miranda Devine, welcome again to the Welcome for the first time to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Miranda, first of all, as an overview, what about this topic of the Bidens cashing out to the tune to tens and millions of dollars? First of all, is give the facts so I'm going to ask you, secondly, why isn't it a subject of impeachment and indictments? But give the facts to the American people. What have the Bidens done now for many years? How much money they.
Speaker 3: Collected thanks ring Bill.
Speaker 4: Look, Joe Biden, of course, was a senator for many years from Delaware. He's had more than half a century of a political career, and he ruled the roost in Delaware and had a lot of very rich donors because Delaware is this peculiar small state where most American companies are headquartered, because it has very opaque sort of business rules about tax and so on, and so it's called the sort of Lichtenstein of America where people can go and do all sorts of tax avoidance measures. And so that made little Joe Biden from little Delaware very powerful and rather wealthy because he would have all these donors who would do anything for him. And he also became very powerful in the Senate and was for about a decade either the chairman or the ranking member of the House of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and there he had access to the CIA and all the intelligence services that utilized that committee. So over the years he was doing what we call influence peddling, which is that donors would give him favors and money, and in return he would do favors.
Speaker 3: And one of those favors was.
Speaker 4: To give his son these great and favor jobs that inflated salaries. This is his son, Hunter Biden, so that Hunter would have to pay the bills.
Speaker 3: For the rest of the family, like, for instance.
Speaker 4: He paid for his own tuition and for his older brother Bo's tuition at these Ivy League schools. And over time, when Joe Biden became vice president, the family internationalized this sort of influence peddling scheme that they'd set up, and Joe's younger brother, Jim Biden, who really didn't have a proper job, he latched onto this scheme as well and he used to help out Hunter.
Speaker 3: And Hunter wanted to be an artist.
Speaker 4: Or a writer, but he instead had to be the bag man for the family. He had to go around the world when Joe was vice president and make these deals that would bring in tens of millions of dollars from China and Russia and Ukraine and Kazakhstan. And what he was selling was his father's power and influence as vice president. And of course Barack Obama, who was Joe Biden's president and he was his vice president, had outsourced basically all of foreign policy to Joe Biden. So really Joe Biden was the most powerful man in the world when he flew in on air force to Beijing with his son Hunter in tow and Hunter is.
Speaker 3: An adult man.
Speaker 4: And of course, in December of twenty thirteen, for instance, when Joe flew Hunter with him into Beijing to meet the higher ups of the CCP, he shook hands with Hunter's new business partner and within a few days, Hunter owned ten percent of a Chinese basically a Chinese company that would be very lucrative.
Speaker 1: On the original front. So the idea of Delaware being the Liechtenstein of American business. So when he spent about forty years in the Senate, he himself could peddle the influence. He never made more than about one hundred and ten thousand dollars a year, but had supported Bo Biden's as Jim Biden and Joe Biden's lifestyle with the homes on the coast. But then when it became the VP, he internationalized the whole deal. And you have a great chapter on how the Ukraine and China and also Romania became a piggy bank to be exploited by Hunter, who had severe drug problems. He had porn difficulties, he had a lot of young prostitutes, had a terrible drug addiction. In fact, after bo Biden died of brain cancer, Hunter Biden took up to have sex and lay sho share with the brother's dead brother's wife and then he hooked her on drugs. But explain how the Biden criminal syndicate won from national money to international money and how much money, Miranda Devine, are we talking about?
Speaker 4: Well, the strange thing is we're really not talking about in lureous sums, at least that we've been able to pick up.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is enormous for the average person. We're talking about, you.
Speaker 4: Know, between twenty and thirty million dollars. But you know, it's not really a lot of money when you're actually selling out your country, which is what Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: I'm alleging that that's what he.
Speaker 4: Did because the millions of dollars are tens of millions of dollars that his family took in and that was of benefit to him. I mean, there's a little evidence that he financially benefited, but he certainly benefited in a sort of an ancillary way because he never had to pay the normal bills that are family only man has to pay for his extended family. And they all lived a sham or lived today a champagne lifestyle. Joe Biden's been extraordinarily lucky when it comes to real estate. He always seems to buy like a DuPont mansion, very chipley, sell it at the top end, buy again very cheaply. And his donors seem to always feature in the.
Speaker 3: Buying and selling.
Speaker 4: And so now he lives, you know, a really lavish lifestyle, as do his children, his nieces and nephews, his sister, his grandchildren. They all live like billionaires. And I guess he uses now air Force one as their private jet. And so I think, you know, Hunter Biden, I have a little sympathy for him.
Speaker 3: Yes, he has all those terrible demons.
Speaker 4: That you've just mentioned of rage in crack addiction, you know, a porn addiction. He did take up with his brother's widow, Hallie Biden, and she has testified that he hooked her onto crack and she had two small children in the house. It was a tragic situation at the time. She seems to have pulled herself out of it, and since has remarried, and Hunter Biden now is said to be clean.
Speaker 3: He says he is clean. He's not taking drugs.
Speaker 4: And so anybody that does that, I guess you have to take your hat off to them. And he's remarried and has another child.
Speaker 3: But it still is the case.
Speaker 4: That Joe Biden deputized his son, who had a drug addiction, and he knew he had a drug addiction, to be the bagman for the family and to collect, you know, a million dollars a year, eighty three thousand dollars a month was one of the payoffs from a Ukrainian corrupt energy company, and he put Joe Biden put his son, his drug addicted son, in front of a torrent of unaccountable cash. Hunter Biden even says in his memoir that the Barisma money that was the name of the Ukrainian company, that was a temptation that he could not resist. And really it was the Barisma money that just set him off on this complete drug bender for a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Now, Miranda Devine, what was the quid pro quo, because can you identify directly indirectly an American foreign policy decision or a circumstance in which you can point to that as saying, because the money those tens of millions came from either China, Romania, maybe the mayor's wife in Moscow, wherever it might be, Ukraine, Barisma, all that money flowed in to the hunter Biden, Joe Biden. Jim Biden coffers, well, can you give the American people an example of how that influenced national policy through Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'll give you one vague example and one specific example. So the vague one first, and I think it's constantial. Evidence is there to support it. And it's extremely concerning, particularly since Joe Biden is going to be still is president, given everyone's forgotten that, and will be president for in almost four months. He has to have been compromised by China because of the millions of dollars that his son and brother took in. And that's logical. And then you look at his actions since he became president. He immediately started to unwind all of the Trump era get tough on China measures, and that included very strangely. There's no reason you can think of for it, other than there was some vague idea that it was racist. He unwound an FBI program in universities to stop Chinese from spying and stealing our intellectual property and bribing American academics. Now, that is a very important project, and in fact that operation managed to snare some spies and convict some people who had been selling our information to Chinese spies. Why Joe Biden disbanded that there is no good.
Speaker 3: Reason for it.
Speaker 4: You can only surmise that it's because the Chinese have something over him.
Speaker 3: Now, the more specific case is.
Speaker 4: Comes from Ukraine, and this is very well documented.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden was under.
Speaker 4: A lot of pressure from Hunter Biden's business partners, the people who were paying him a million dollars a year in Ukraine.
Speaker 3: To do something.
Speaker 4: Well, Hunter Biden was under pressure to do something to stop to use his influence and his father's influence to stop the Ukrainian prosecutors from investigating Barisma, and eventually they would have ended up charging the Barisma owner, a guy by the name of Luchevsky, who was paying Hunter.
Speaker 3: They were getting very close to.
Speaker 4: Him and they had already seized his property in Kiev, like a mansion and a Rolls Royce and some plots of land. And the pressure you can see in emails on the laptop, and we've had from testimony from Hunter Biden's former business partner Devon Archer and others. The pressure was coming on from the Ukrainians that they wanted value for the money that they were paying Hunter Biden and his friend Devon Archer, and they wanted immediate results from high level American government officials to put pressure on the Ukrainian government to stop this prosecution. And ultimately what happened was that Joe Biden forced the Ukrainian government to fire the honest prosecutor, a man called Viktor Shokun, who was investigating Barisma.
Speaker 3: And he told me.
Speaker 4: That his next step was to call Hunter Biden and his friend Devon Archer is witnesses against Lechevsky.
Speaker 3: And this was a scandal that could not break out. And so Joe Biden endured.
Speaker 4: That in fact, he has boasted that he withheld a billion dollars of.
Speaker 3: USA unless the prosecutor was fine.
Speaker 4: And the cover story was that the prosecutor was corrupt, but I have no evidence.
Speaker 3: That he was corrupt, and in fact, he was doing the right thing.
Speaker 1: Brandon Divine, author of The Big Guy, How a President and his son Sought Out America, which is out today. It came out a few days ago. It's a great book. Here's a big question. Are you ready for the big question? Yes, here's a big question. Since verand Divine knows it, the FBI knows it, the Irs knows it, my good friends, and the House of Representatives like Jim Jordan knows it. All these law enforcement types knows what you know. And more. Why hasn't Joe Biden and dated for these criminal offenses, or at a minimum being impeached. That's the big question. Why is all of official Washington treating the stock trades of Nancy Pelosi, who does a much better job than Charlie Munger. Ever, did how come those in charge of law enforcement turned their head the other way when all these facts are obvious.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you why the impeachment inquiry never became anything more serious and Joe Biden was not impeached. It was because the Republicans in Congress were really they had.
Speaker 3: Such a small margin.
Speaker 4: And there were enough Republicans who were either compromised or cowardly or somehow had relationships with the Bidens or with Democrats that they would not have voted to impeach. So the decision was made that they were not going to put it to a vote because it would have been too embarrassing for Republicans and also kind of it would have seen been seen as exoneration for Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: So they decided.
Speaker 4: James Comer, the House Oversight Committee chairman, decided it was better to put out a comprehensive report that really had a lot of damning evidence in it against Joe Biden that could be used perhaps in future. The really damning information came from the IRS whistleblowers, and what they told us about the sabotage of the investigation in Delaware that dragged on for five years into Hunter Biden's alleged criminal activities just would make your hair curl and it shows you the cover up, which is really what my new book, The Big Guy is about. It's about the cover up of the Biden family corruption. Joe Biden, Hunter Biden were being protected.
Speaker 3: By the CIA, the FBI, the.
Speaker 4: State Department, the Department of Justice, and the IRS throughout this saga and probably before, and it was extraordinary how the Department of Justice put obstacles in the way of the honest IRS investigators. Every time they were following the evidence trail that led to Joe Biden, they were blocked. They were told that they could not get a search warrant for a cottage on Joe Biden's Delaware estate that unter Biden had been living in.
Speaker 3: When they tried to get.
Speaker 4: A search well, they got a search warrant for a storage locker where Hunter Biden had a whole bunch of documents. The prosecutors tipped off Hunter Biden's lawyers when they wanted to get geolocate the phone to find out if when Hunter Biden told his Chinese business partners in a WhatsApp message that he was sitting with his father and his father and he wanted to know where was the millions of dollars that they were owed and if they didn't if the Chinese did not give them the money immediately, that Joe Biden and Hunter Biden and everybody they know would make the Chinese lives a misery. So that investigators wanted to know if Hunter Biden was telling the truth and that he was with his father. And we know from metadata on the laptop with photographs that Hunter Biden was that weekend at his.
Speaker 3: Father's estate in Delaware.
Speaker 4: And we also believe from other photographs that Joe Biden was there and all his grandkids were a lot of his grandkids were there. So everywhere they went they were blocked. And then the CIA was involved. So one of the IRIS investigators who became a whistleblower, Gary Shapley, he testified that the prosecutors told him that he could not interview or that they could the IRIS investigators could not interview a witness by the name of Kevin Morris.
Speaker 1: Kevin Morrow, is this.
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: Just to put a finer point, I want to say Gary Shapeley and Joseph Ziggler. I watched their testimony career iras agents. By the way Democrats were blocked by the Department of Justice. Mirandon Devine, we got to go the book. Is the big guy, how a president and son sought out of America. We have only scratched the surface, but to get all the facts, get the book and read it. Miranda Devine, thank you for being the Woodward and Bernstein in the twenty first century, and thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Miranda, thank you so much, thank.
Speaker 3: You, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Bill, God bless you. Let's continue with more The facts will set you free. Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW Skerry Frank Connor.
Speaker 7: I guess on inside the park before the second and final game of this Birmingham Chattanooga series tonight, and I got to tell you, you know, I think back to last night's get together with you here before and after the game, Joe and you and I and the coach is sitting around talking and reminiscing, and I think seven years ago when you were with the Cincinnati Ball Club and you and Buddy were so tight. Buddy Bell, never ever, did you ever think you'd be in this position seven years ago, that you'd be managing in the minor leagues, not only that, but doing it very successfully.
Speaker 8: No, Marty, I just you know, when we go back to the seven years ago, you know, I loved playing, just loved it, and I'm glad I realized at the time how much I cared about baseball, how fortunate I was. But no I thought I'd play my eight or ten years whatever it was get out of the game and do something else.
Speaker 1: The last couple of.
Speaker 8: Years I was playing, I started realizing how much I actually liked watching the game and learning about the game. And in the fact, Buddy Bell's reason I got into managing. He's the one that called me and he's responsible for me being a manager.
Speaker 1: Hello, quiet, and I'm Scots. I'm broadcasting in.
Speaker 8: Guy.
Speaker 1: How about And that was during the strike. You might recall there was a strike year, like in ninety four ninety five, Right, So Marty and Joe go down to Alabama. Correct, that's where Joe Joe used to play down there in Birmingham at that field. He played with you and nice as Grant. Correct. And here's Marty and Joe on with who Tito fran Conna and he managed Michael Jordan. How's that possible? I don't know. And then he also talked about Buddy Bell and all of a sudden, guess what, he's replacing his son? How about that? Explain that to me? And how about his first at bat as a red a home run in nineteen eighty seven? Do you remember any day now? Be honest, do you remember him at all?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Number ten? I don't remember me, Marky Anders. I remember him playing, and every time I think about him, is that infamous highlight in the astrodome? Or he fell down between third and home, tried to crawl at home and then he was out, tried to crawl to the plate and he was out and the players are laughing. Yeah, I think, so it's circuitous. Can you agree with me? It was circuitous? I can't even spell that, but yeah, I agree with you. It was twitous. Yeah, I think. Give me some sports and make it fast, will he? The student reporters a proud service of your local Tamestar heat't get air conditioning dealers, Tamestar quality you can feel in Cincinnati hallwayoming air at one eight eight eight nine six h v A C Sports Sports. Thank you, Roxy. We also want to thank Lear's Prime Market, your fall tailgate headquarters, one stop shop for craft, beers and more, full catering service located in beautiful downtown Milford Learsprime dot Com. Red's update the Reds will introduced Terry Francona is their new manager Monday at ten am Great American Ballpark. At age sixty five, he becomes the sixty fifth manager in club history. There's that number against six and five, five and six and three, you get fourteen. He gets a three year contract with a club option through twenty twenty eight. How about that. Francona's team's won at least ninety games in the season twelve times in his career. How many your World Series rings? Says he have? He's got two. He's eleven and four in World Series action? Is he ready for the Reds? He better be big game tonight though. Segment Deer Park, Ost, Wyoming. Who's this? Oh? How is the weather?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hereriet? Where your bombing? Balmby bombing forty three?
Speaker 8: It was cold?
Speaker 9: I mean it was so cold. I tried to go to the bathroom and the fourth thing and I couldn't. That's about That's that tells you enough.
Speaker 1: It's a problem.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: There could be funny high school football action all across the tri State tonight. Willie Covers begins high school football Tonight's show six o'clock ESPN fifteen thirty, Fox Sports thirteen sixty at a lead into six forty five, The Saint X Bombers with Chase Herb Street and his dad versus Louisville Trinity. Who's favor to win that game. Not a Trinity is always pretty good. Talk to the I think Elder beat Trinity earlier this year. Speaking of Elder, they take on Moeler tonight at Knippert Stadium ten to twelve thousand. On hand, I'm taking Moller to beat Elder, Mason and Middletown, Lakota East and Cole Rain Middle Tucky to you Wyoming at Deer Park. I spoke to Greg Euster, the ad of Deer Park, about ten minutes ago. Yeah, I had an apprehension that Deer Park had never beaten Wyoming. Okay, it disabused me of that notion, he said, in seventeen you're using a lot of big words today. Seventeen eighty nine. Deer Park beat Wyoming in seventeen eighty nine. Yes, who was a president then? George Washington? And what happened? It was on a why you always know that and I don't. It was on a pitch play reverse statue of liberty play. Were you there?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I there. Jim Scott was the By the way, who's the official tonight? I don't know. Wyoming at Deer Park with the white cap on, who is it? Can't say? Come on? I don't know. Why would I know that I'm scheduled to be there tonight. Why would I know who the referee is at Deer Park in Wyoming? DJ Hodge told me to ask you, and you know the answer to that. I answered that question. I know nothing about dreaming the impossible dream? Am I beating them? Played the fifth and beatable foe. I'm gonna go drink a fifth and plead the fifth? Why don't you take Wyoming tonight and I'll take Deer Park? Okay, that sounds good. What for hot fudge Sunday? No, no, no, no, no, straight up, big boy, that's the breaks. You said it. We play it by the ways. Cole Raine won a game this year. No Deer Park has a winning record, that's true. You're right just saying. Bengals up. They brought to you by good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town your tailgate headquarters for Sunday Bengals and ravens AFC North Battle. How about this. The Bengals will have Trey Hendrickson, Miles Murphy, b J. Hill, and McKinley Jackson all back on defense. What what about Joe Burrow, He'll be there for sure. Best Bengals covered Sunday at nine am with pregame sports talk, postgame sports talk at bad Tom Smith Brewing Live in Madisonville. Say to dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe, to bear with unbearable sorrow, to run with a brave dare not go, to write the unwriteable wrong, to be better far than you are, to try when your arms are too weary to reach the unreachable star. That is my quest. It's a Dear Park Wildcat to beat Wyoming tonight. I'm taking these lyrics to the locker room tonight at Deer Park and tell those boys to dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe, to bear with unbearable sorrow, to run with a brave Dare not go. You know what I'm saying. You're not gonna sing this, are you? I might drive that team, will will end up immediately sick. Would you be shocked if Deer Park beat Wyoming? Yes? So with Wyoming, the home of the Cowboys, Go with Deer Park. MLS Soccer FC Cincinnati hosting Orlando City FC tomorrow night of Fan Appreciation Night, seven o'clock on ESPN fifteen thirty now back to baseball. May I have one more lyric go ahead, and the world would be better for this that one man, scorn and covered with scars, still strugg with his last ounce of courage to reach that unreachable star. The Savannah Bananas are coming to town. The world tour is going to stop in the Queens City. Can I be stupid? June thirteenth and fourteenth at GABP. What are the Savannah Bananas? Savannah Bananas are? They have an innovative and captivating approach to America's favorite pastime, banana ball, fast paced action, pack style baseball, rules out the door, a two hour time limit, fans catching foul balls for outs. Games are won by points, not runs. That when they throw like a wolf of ball that moves all over the play, and then they have choreographed dances on the mound, it's sick. Yeah, the Globetrotters of the Harlem Globe Trotters of baseball? What about Sarah Elise Will should be a cheerleader for the Bananas. I have no idea who's gonna referee the dear Park game tonight. I don't know I'm gonna be there. I'll find out. Might slip them a couple hundred bucks too well, nor that'd be great. You know what I'm saying. We need, we need more help, we need. What does in Dear Park play Cole Rain? I don't know. They're probably not in the league. Cole Rain is not in Deer Parks League. I would agree with that. That's true, there's no question about that. Hopefully better days coming soon for the Cardinals on Chiviot Road. Can it be worse? I don't think so. I haven't won the games in twenty twenty two, least pretty bad segment? What do you do well? Have you donated? Have you spoken to the Cardinals? Have you gone to the locker room and demanded to dream the impossible dream, to beat the unbeatable foe? Have you no? I my my, My deal is tonight that you go in there and sing this like Don Quixote, like Jack Joe. Don't we have this on tape?
Speaker 9: This song?
Speaker 1: We don't have it. Only Matt Reeveese could find something like that. But probably you singing the dream, the impossible dream, Dave Keaton, you know who said that? You know who sang? I think it was Jack Jones. No, but Golmer Pyle that's right, and that and that show that's a great one. Ed Eames too nineteen. He's the guy through the hatchet at the crotch of the Indian Remember that, Remember Daniel Boone ouch they named the boot named the county after Daniel. Yeah, those are the days that on the Tonight Show. Yeah, that's a nice show. Yeah. You know, the other night I watched a bit on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. First guest Pete Rose. Is that right? How about that? After he went to prison? So he comes out and you then the band's playing take Me Out to the Ball Game and Pete Turner Johnny and said, I thought they might play Joe House Rock pretty good, pretty good? Pete Rose not bad? He was looking good. I was nineteen ninety one. Oh wait a minute, you say it? We play it Friday? What this is? Deer Park? Tonight US three second? Andy Williams used to be on the station the NATO is Why don't we know what's going to happen to them? Tonight?
Speaker 2: Too bad?
Speaker 1: Sixty three to three, solon it'll be more competitive than that. Why am we thought that we gonna call the student bodies out in the second half? Hit it Andy used to be on the stage line the unridable wrong, the right, the unrightable wrong segment to long Zarah alit from a.
Speaker 10: Fuck with Chase from a park to try and these aren't too weird?
Speaker 1: Do your arms get weary? Segment to me always the unreachables get it Andy, hitting baby, hit it.
Speaker 10: This is my quest met to follow that stung where I go?
Speaker 1: How far I want to be Andy.
Speaker 10: To fight for the h fight for the right without question, without question, or Paul to be willing to march in the help that's me and you segment we march in a hell in a castine suit man.
Speaker 3: Be true and he.
Speaker 9: Is blessed.
Speaker 1: That's what'll happened to the end segment that my swim. So that's not exactly rap music not real popular today? Would you agree? The worse segment hit me out of the STUDI what I want you to do tonight is with the Park High School orchestra is singing that in the locker room and see what happens. And we'll break down the door to get out and take down the cowboys, will they? And honor of a beautiful night here in the Tri State and uh welcome Tito Francona, Bengals, Ravens on Quenda City who day. We leave you with the immortal words of the student. Andy was shut up right.
Speaker 4: There on the reds to win.
Speaker 5: Anything else is unacceptable.
Speaker 1: Right. Well, we'll see on seven hundred WLW on the day I was falling. So this is all got a bound nick east to the wide windows at the door they found then woke up. Leave this little level. Uh, you can tell right away that I was bad at the ball. Ah, permit me time for you and I discuss the important issues at a time, confront and confound the American people. And first of all, I think the hiring of Tito Francona is a brilliant move, and Marty Brenahan said it was the best move that Castelinis have made in a long time. And make no mistake about it. I think the odds of them just recently have contacted Tin Francona is slight. I think this thing has been in the works for a while now. They can't talk about it that way because you know it would undermine the present team as they were wrapping up the season. But I think there was a I think it was a method to the madness of letting David Bells go at the end so that they could work out the final deal with Francona, who they is a brilliant hires. Marty Brennaman said a couple hours ago, it's inspired, and I would assume they're spending serious money to get that done. I would assume he's a three to four million dollar a year managers coming out. He's out a year, had some health problems and had some weight difficulties, had some other issues that are private, and now he's healthy, he wants to end the team. He had other options. They're going to be other managerial positions open that from the national perspective, may have more value than the Reds job. Internationally, the Reds are perceived as an irrelevancy, completely irrelevant of not quite a laughing stock. But you know, in the last ten years, they've had one winning season and a full season one hundred and sixty two games. They had a winning season when they had the COVID year, but that didn't start till like July or August. But and ten seasons they've had won and so when I look at the websites nationally, this made a little bit of a bounce, but not really, because you know, the ESPNS are fixated on the New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Atlanta, Houston, all the big markets. They're not fixated at all in Cincinnati, which is an outpost. But as Brnahan said, that you're in the division with Milwaukee, they seemingly can't get over the hump. They're gonna get worse, not better in the Cubs. And then the Cardinals are down in Pittsburgh. But nonetheless, hell, the Reds can't beat Pittsburgh and they can't beat Milwaukee, and they can't beat the Cardinals, and Francona can guide this very young team to glory. I hope. I have more hope now than I had the last several months that the Reds can make a rebound. They have to win about eighty eight eighty nine games and they'll be in good shape. So we'll see what happens news conference on Monday at ten am. Secondly, and I brought this up to Leland Viddterd but an hour and a half ago or so that the media in this town and by the way, Channel nine last night, I'm watching channels five and twelve. Of course, the big news about nine pm. Dave Keaton texted me first that Gino Francona had been hired, which didn't shock me because I think that was in the works. But nonetheless, that's big. Would you agree that's big news? Channel nine had taped its evening newscast and didn't mention the hiring of a new Reds manager at all. So instead of worrying about Steve Rawley and thank god Steve Rawley is back, should have been let go in the not let go, but suspended in the first place. That here you got Channel five lead story Francona, Channel twelve lead story Francona. Channel nine taped the newscast ignored, didn't have anything. In fact, the only sports report was from a sports reporter with sunlight shining down at pay Corps. That's sad when when news breaks out, news stations need to be on top of the news. Would you agree like we are? But I regress. The big three nightly news networks for decades worked in cahoots with the Democratic Party for a very long time to create fictions that benefited Democrats and not Republicans. Going back a long time, Richard Nixon engaged in exactly the same behavior as John Kennedy and Lyndon Baines Johnson. But they wanted to get Nixon because he won forty nine to fifty states. So the media went after Nixon hard for engaging exactly the same behavior that Jack Kennedy and LBJ engaged in all the time, and the Washington press turns turned its head to it and wink wink, non nod will take care of you. And for a very very long time, for decades, Ronald Reagan was still loathed by the mainstream media even after he was shot. It meant that the Dems had a stranglehold on the flow of information to you, and that most Americans wore hard work, smart, they're doing what's right. So you got your news from CBSNBC, ABC, a little bit of PBS, and then the newspapers and that was it. So you formed. They did their best to make sure that they elected Democrats that is the media, and did not elect Republicans who they attacked. You heard Miranda Divine lay out with the receipts the criminal misbehavior of Joe Biden and his family for decades, and it's all been ignored because Biden was a Democrat, especially when he became the vice president for Barack Hussein Obama. They beloved to win the savior. They weren't going to cover Joe Biden's criminality at all because it didn't fit the narrative. You can only imagine if any Republican had engaged in the bribery and the money, etc. From Ukraine, China, Russia. You can only imagine how the media would have covered that incident. They didn't cover it at all. But today, talk radio, social media, because of Elon Musk, digital media have slowed down the ability of the diet tribes of the mainstream media to indoctrinate you with false information. And I think the combination of the irrational hatred of Donald Trump in COVID nineteen, along with the tyrannical censorship imposed upon it for about a year or two, have woken up the American people with a terrible resolve to do something better, to do something good. And Elon Musk started at social media, talk radio, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, myself and many others I love Mark Levin are giving you a worthwhile alternative to the lies, distortions, and assassination. Political assassination attempts by the mainstream media to control the narrative. One could not have imagined that if jd Vance er, Donald Trump, or anyone connected to the Republican Party had engaged in the alleged underlining the word alleged misbehavior of mister Kamala Harris aka Doug m Off, what would have happened? The media would go with these stories irrespective whether they're confirmed or not. Doug m Off the second Gentleman, according to numerous women aged and sebalt, assault of behavior and DV incidents that other women have confirmed, along with impregnating the nanny. You can only imagine what if jd Vance had impregnated a nanny and paid her off, paid for the abortion, and then had incidences by others allegedly I keep saying, allegedly slapped and beat women. Jd Vance would be story number one. But I brought it up to Leland Vieddert and others, and Chris Gwomo did cover it that Doug m Off has been charged with domestic violence type incidents and impregnating a nanny, and it's never hit the national media. It's not there because it doesn't fit the narrative, doesn't fit it at all, does it? And secondly, if someone like Garth Brooks politically Garth Brooks tends to be a Democrat, but not really. He's an entertainer, pretty good one. He had I guess a friend in a low place, and allegedly, I keep saying allegedly, she claims that in twenty nineteen, five years ago, this country singer raped her, sexually assaulted her repeatedly, and at no point did she go to the police. She didn't want to, she hadn't given interviews, the lawsuits had been filed, and the recitation of the facts are terrible on the plaintiff's plaintiff's complaint, But are they true or not? I have no idea. I don't believe them. I don't disbelieve them. Do I believe the women who claimed that Doug m Off hit them? I don't believe them. Do you do I believe the women against Donald Trump? I don't believe them or disbelieve I don't know. But I do know one thing that the media leads stories in many platforms today last night, are charging Garth Brooks with sexually assaulting and raping his makeup artist. And at no point did she go to the police, but she wants to be paid five years later. I guess it's one hundred million dollars. It's a true or not. I have no idea. I don't know. But compare the media treatment of Garth Brooks and those allegations against the allegations against Doug Amahoff, who might be the first gentleman of the US, which are more germane to your life, of my life than anything Garth Brooks has ever done. I like his music. I think I went to a concert lunch with Mark Mank, a friend of mine. I think we went to a concert, and you know, I listen to his music. I like his music, and that's good. But if you're a Democrat, critical time during the election, critical right now critical, And there's terribly negative information in the public domain in some quarters about mister Kamala Harris. It will be embargoed, it will not be broadcasted by the name by the three main networks or PBS or the New York Times watching they ignore it. But if the allegation would be against Donald Trump or JD. Vance, it would be front page constantly and it would be covered completely differently. That's the problem now. Thirdly, terrible hurricanes strikes Florida and Georgia, South Carolina a little bit, but mainly North Carolina. And these areas have been ravaged by Hurricane A leen filled with Donald Trump voters. One cannot say that Florida or South Carolina, or Georgia or North Carolina are filled with Democrats, except the notable exception is there is this small little city of Asheville, North Carolina. They're about sixty five percent Democrats. It's an artsy community, it's a wonderful community. We're about four weeks before the next election. So this hurricane strikes read America. The response has been pitiful, has been awful. There's a classic moment two days after Katrina struck New Orleans, two days in which George Bush forty three, is in his Air Force one looking out a window and he didn't want to land because it would cause complete confusion. Quickly immediately the mainstream media went after Bush for being insensitive because there were mainly black people at the Superdome who refused to leave New Orleans that were being harmed by this, and along would Mississippi, parts of Alabama, et cetera. That they made it a racial issue Katrina. They politicized Katrina because it would benefit what party, well, that would be the Democrats. They would benefit the Democrats. So the media saw that as an opportunity to show how insensitive and racial Bush forty three was, and away we go, Here we are. But twenty oh five were nineteen years later and another horrible hurricanes struck so called Red state America in fact Georgia and has their first votes are going to be cast October fifteenth, North Carolina October seventeenth, Tennessee October the sixteenth, and Florida is now and millions of Red state voters will not have access to the ballot box. And so I asked the question, are now the Democrats Biden and Kamala Harris have an incentive to make it difficult for Trump voters to vote in critical states. I don't like to think I'm naive, but has the aid been held up? Or is this simply incompetent by FEMA that's given money billions of dollars to illegals for housing, clothing, food, phones, medical care, educational assistance. That's the big story. Cats and dogs being eaten in Springfield will have a big story. The media goes crazy on that but when Biden and Kamala Harris are visibly incompetent about solving the suffering of the people in North Carolina, it largely is a it's a non story. Right now, as I speak, Biden is before a podium talking about what a great economy we have and he doesn't answer questions, and Katrin and and KJP, the Press secretary is trying to bail him out, and he's he's mentally absent, going to go back to the beach. So when this thing struck last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, Biden was at the beach. And of course, uh, of course the vice president was raising money in San Francisco and they weren't present. And and it's incompetent. FEMA has spent the money intended for hurricane relief on illegal aliens all over the country. The money is gone, and now My York has wants more money. That's where we are. I'll just take a short break, But to me, it's amazing. For the first time in a long time, there's alternative sources of information available to you under which you may cast an informed ballot, And I like JD. Vance continues to give the media propagandist fits because JD will not roll over and play dead for them. So think about that. Well, let's continue and what's happening in our country. It's up to you to change. If you like the status quo, If you're better off today than you were four years ago, better off, then go ahead and vote for a Kamala Harris and mister Kamala Harris who seemingly assaults women. On the other hand, if you're not better off, if you think the country's on the wrong track, if you're a mother with military age children, if you've got a nineteen twenty year old and you'll want them to be drafted to go fight somewhere in Ukraine, then you have you don't like that to happen. You got Donald Trump. He will withdraw American soldiers because there are foreign policies of Kamala Harris and Joe Biden have miserably, miserably failed, and it's time to take a new direction. And the best Donald Trump can do is delay the inevitable take over the socialism in America which is present in so many blue states today. He can delay that. It's going to be chaos. If he selected president, the media will not accept it. The Democrats will call him illegitimate. The lawsuits will be filed. Mark Elias and all the big time Democratic lawyers have hundreds of millions of dollars to sue the but jabors of Donald Trump. Every executive order will be sued, every impeachment bill will be put into the hopper, and it will be chaos for the next four years. And the media will attack with the alacrity. On the other hand of Kamala Harris wins, it's going to be an historic presidency with greatness for the American people, as the media to decries it to be. So that's where we are. Red State America act by a hurricane, ignored, Blue State attacked by Katrina, becomes a racial issue. Bush shows up two days later. Remember Michael Brown Brown, He's doing a great job. Can't do anything right. And that's Kamala Harris and Joe Biden. Hell, they can't do anything wrong. Well, let's continue and by the way, the truth will set you free. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred. Wow.
Speaker 6: The crazy part about all of this for me, as I played for Frank back in the back in my days of the Phillies. Now they weren't real good days for me, but it was his way of getting his feet wet.
Speaker 1: Getting into managing.
Speaker 6: We didn't have a real good club, but you know, you kind of knew as a player right then that he was going to be pretty good as he moved forward, And turns out he was awfully good.
Speaker 1: Hello, buyet, and I'm spokes I'm broadcasting the segment. You have memories of Tino Francona in eighty seven that I do not have, frankly, because I was about the nasty boys Pete Rose Jose blaming on Rio, Warry Larkin, Todd Benzinger, Warren Nelly Hassner. He played in nineteen eighty seven. I was the only year he was here. He was like a reserve kind of yeah, like a reserve infielder. He hit a two run homers first at bat on opening day? Is that when Tracy Jones let balls go through his legs and left field of course? Number twenty nine, Yeah, Tracy Jones. Yeah, he wore number ten Francona on the back. I thought the numbers retired with sparking. Well, I mean what back then? I mean now it is, but you know, back in nineteen eighty seven. What were you doing in nineteen eighty seven? Were you with seven on seven at seven with Les Gaines? I was with Katsman, Logan and Helper. I was on here every night nine to midnight extra innings. And I was laughing and practicing law and representing criminals. And I was in the AG's office. Hell, I was working. Plus I was coaching not hole baseball, in cyo basketball. I was busy. And by the way, ask you this question, Yeah, did Marty Brenneman have a lot to do with this, because I can't say he was the one who said get tin o Francona. I mean, you know Larkin wasn't going to do it. They weren't gonna go Joe Girardi, Joe Madden. Uh, they wouldn't have got everyone. Schumacher. The national National boy said, Schumacher's tops on their list. You want to bring him in after he lost one hundred in Miami. I mean, I think it would have been a step back, brilliant hot. Also, you know there was it was you know what about if the Yankees got rid of Aaron Boone or you know other guys who were on Francona is perfect, perfect, He'll talk ten of them on Monday, right, correct, say give me into the students report police. Well, here the student reporters a pro service. Every local temp star. He didn't get their dealers temp star quality. You can feel in Cincinnati called the experts at Preferred Home Comfort five, one, three, eight, nine to two h v A C. Fox. The Reds will introduce Terry Francona is their new manager, Monday at ten am a GAVP. Will you be there? Yes, Francona aged sixty five. He's pretty old, sixty fifth manager in club history. Is he too old to be on the air. No.
Speaker 6: I think it's a great coup for Nick Crawl and Brad Metter and the Castellini family. I think it's a big issue for Red fans, something to get excited about.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: I think it's gonna be great for the players. I know players that I've talked to you already are already excited.
Speaker 1: Sounds like Brantley's on a treadmill. Well, he was walking in Mississippi. He was walking to New Orleans. That's a long walk. He's walking raising money. Francona's teams won at least ninety games in a seat in twelve times in his career, played for the Reds in nineteen eighty seven. He's he's got. He owns an eleven and four record in the World Series, one of the first nine World Series games he ever managed. That's pretty good. Yeah, three time a Manager of the Year. Let's see twelve times, twelve times in his career. I already said that he's a three time, two time winner of the World Series. So he knows what he's doing. I think so too. But well, the Reds be I want to answer this question. Yeah, this year, no first basement correct, no second baseman, Mount McClean right, no third baseman right, no center fielder correct, and all the starting pitch all of them on the d L right. How do you manage that team? Well, David Bell did his best and it wasn't you know. It's just you know, when you got that many guys herds, you use your you lose your entire I mean what the last three or four weeks of the season, the last month he was basically it was bullpen. It was bullpen games every game. I mean, they got team. Hopefully they can get back Nick Martinez. He does, they can re sign him, maybe a few other ones out of that pen, maybe the man of Moeler, Brett Suiter and a few other ones. But you're basically running a bullpen. What about McClean, Well he's going to be playing starting Tuesday. One about Marte in the Arizona Fall League? Can Marte play and not be a clown? I have no kicked off second base? Well that was stupid. How about first take going nowhere? I'm that's a free Runner's about picked off? How does that work? I wouldn't have played it. I'd say that's it, sit down. Would wouldn't want to be but super glue on your yes. Who knows? I mean, you know he's got a more fractured hand. He's got another hand. This will be at first base, and then ty Franz will likely to be there. I don't know what are you doing at McLean? I say send like Marty says said E L. D C the center field? Yeah, that way you move?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 1: Then you put McLean at short? You got Indiana second third base. I don't know that's a left fielder. But Lance McAllister argues that Martin was gonna play Third's gonna play third?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: He says, Marty Brenahan is wrong Now that's blasphemy. Lance just saying he said, who's gonna play third base? Brooks, Robinson or something to piece available? Is he available? I think he's up there. What about gene freeze numbers? I don't think so. I don't think so. No, anyway, I think third base is gonna be Marte. But he's got to be he can't be stupid. Well, he's got to stay off the stuff and and and act like a big leaguer. Getting picked off at second base, that's that's a free runner getting picked up. I would have sat him down for the rest of the week. What would Gordon Veterino have done? Well, I guarantee you Lou Panela would have would have thrown he through the clubhouse wall. Well, that would have been a better That would have been a better match than Rob Dibble by the way, By the way, what about Garth Brooks friends in low places? Boy, I don't like that either. That's some action right there, Garth. And isn't Doug him off? Isn't he the new man inspiration for mankind? What what have you heard in the media about that? Nothing? Bingo you hear about Garth mazing? Doug him off? Mister Kamala Harris charge with beating What if that's the Trumpster beating women? What if? What if? What Garth Brooks apparently didn't that's the Trumpster. I don't assume that at all. Well, I don't know. I don't believe her. I don't disbelieve, you know, But what did Kamala Harris say? Believe the woman?
Speaker 6: Believe?
Speaker 1: How about how about her husband? Do you believe those women? What got the babysitter pregnant right now while she's cavoarding around and doing this? And that he's at home but bum doing the wild thing. And by the way, he paid for her board? And then why is that that out? And then you got two women supposedly Yeah? What about that? Does that count? I guess? Do you believe the women? Do you believe the women? Well the presidential candidates as she does? Iowa? What do you do? I don't believe or disbelieve. But at this these allegations are made against the Republican gah, it's an impeachment number twelve billion. All the ink would be gone, no ink left? Continue with sports? You got me all pissed off? High school football tonight action all across the area coverage begins at six high school football Tonight show on ESPN fifteen thirty, Fox Sports thirteen sixty. The big game is Wyoming at Deer Park. I spoke to Greg Euster, the general manager. Yeah, Wyoming is primed for an upset college football tomorrow. Of course, the Bearcats and Wildcats have the week off, but the Miami RedHawks and mac action up against Toledo, the home of the Rock. Wait a minute and Alienah? Yeah, and Iowa faces the Ohio State Buckeyes. Where do they play there? Or here? I think it's in up there in Columbus Here Tuck, Iowa. Let's see Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town, your tailgate headquarters for Sunday Bengals and Ravens AFC North Battle. Let's see best Bengals coverage nine am with a pregame sports talk postgame sports talk at bad Tom Smith Brewing in beautiful Madisonville. Now and also tailgate Crasser's pregame party at beautiful Longworth, hal thanks to ODOT nine am to noon. Will you be there? Yes? How big is the game on Sunday segment if they can get this one, Willie. They'll be in good They'll be in good shape one game out of first if not. Nady bar the door returning from injury, though the Calvary is coming. Trey Hendrickson, Miles Murphy, B J. Hill, and Mick McKinley Jackson are all back for the defense. By the way, Joe Burrows having a pretty good year. So they gotta get They got to stop number twenty two the Express. Dereck Henry, let me ask you a question. Joe Burrow is pretty good, right, I would say so? Yeah? Can he play defensive linebacker and or nose tackle? Can Burrow line up and play defense? Do you want Derek Henry running at you? Please continue? MLS Soccer FC Cincinnati hosting Orlando City FC tomorrow night. Did you see MESSI last night like I did t QL Stadium on Fan Appreciation Night seven o'clock ESPN fifteen thirty. I did not see Messi MESSI. They won the supporter shield. I saw that last night. They MESSI scored a port and goal and assisted on another. So in Miami wins it. So as FC reached their zenith. No, are they going to get better? Not under pat Noonan he's going to lead into the Promised Land. I heard his source from the Bailey that Ronaldo was sighted in otr Oh, that's pretty big. Along with Kaka, Harry Kane, Harry Kane dream team gonna play for FCC. How about Ronaldo, Harry Kane and Kaka and and Bope. Well, he's hurt and Bope's hurt. What's he got? I think a leg injury or something. I saw it last week. Now we'll see what happens down the road. But Big High School? What about Muller High School? What about st Exel? Elder and Elder and Moeller? Tonight at Knippert Stadium ten to twelve thousand on hand? What about Beachwood and Scott Tackett He's playing there, playing tonight. He's playing tonight? Who does he play Beach Let's see they're at Walton Farona right there? Off I seventy one, got I gotta talking about. Not in Covecat. What about Covecat? Covecat is home against Grant County. What about COVID Latin? Does Covington Latin Heaven? I don't think. I'm not sure there are anything. I think only smart boys go there. East Central's at Honorsville tonight in Lawrenceburg hosting Rushville. What about my favorite team? What about the Trojans? He's Central, I just said it. He Central's at Connersville Connorsville. Thanks for listening. That's Sean Compton's favorite school right there. I've been to Connersville many times. And then Saint X we'll face off against Louisville Trinity. Good as kirkhurb Street will be there. Then he flies, I guess from Hes to see his kid play that he flies all the way to the West Coast. I think to do college game day, then all the way back again to do Alabama and Vanderbilt. I believe then what happens after that? His dog, Big Ben is with him. I think Chris collins Worth dogs. His dog is more famous than Kirk hurve Street. Now I like the dog bother. The dog's beautiful. If no one in the booth caris, why should we care? I don't care. I don't know. Don't mean it was me. I think it's kind of nice. And you know what club Kirk hurve Street. Hurb Street belongs to the Friendly Confines Country Club. Tony Tulusiak sponsored him and got him in. Would you sponsor me to get in. Is that it in sports? Yeah, there's a moral clause there, segment of morals. What's that got to do with anything these days? He's just saying it's a morals clause, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, right, segment. Get me out of the stuge report. Please, big weekend, great weather, gonna get a little cold on Monday and Tuesday. But Joan All on Sunday should be bigger than Montana. And I hope that Yellowstone comes back with John Dutton. That's all I'm saying. Yeah, but I've lost paramount now on my on my Alta fiber. Guess what. All those channels went off because the only reason I had it was to watch it. Now I can't watch it because they lost too much money, too many carriage fees. Speaking of that, who's going to have the reds TV contract? If anyone cares? And I do not, I have no idea. By the way, I got a text here from Jeff Beckham, the brother David. He says here, I will sponsor say if you will not. I'm Jeff Beckham. By the way, it's now ninety five thousand dollars to join. When can you pick up a check. Could you do that like in like in installments. No, I have to go to McKinley Mortgage in talk talk to Paul up plus two plus two thousand to get it. Okay, And Jeff Beckham's got your back, he said, tell us seg I will pay the initiation fee. Thank you. Now? Can you afford two thousand a month to not play golf? Could be talked at Denise. Okay, but Jeff Beckham and Tony Tulusiak have both stepped forward. But I like that a lot, don't you? Yeah? Yeah, all right, Sey, get me out in Studge report, will you? And honor of Terry Francona is the Reds manager Pete Rose High School football tonight Pete Rose, Pete Rose dead. Uh, the let's see the Bengals, the FC, Cincinnati at everyone and all so lots of Major League Baseball. The Reds will be in next year, do you Erasion Series starts tomorrow and it can when they stay healthy? Can the Reds stay healthy? Better? We leave you with the immortal words of the stud report.
Speaker 6: But I think he's the perfect guy for Cincinnati to give us a put us in a position.
Speaker 1: Where we can win cowboy. Do you agree or not? Yes, Well, let's see what happens. I'm playing golf with Chris Welch tomorrow. I'm gonna talk to him about that. There you go, see what he says, does it did a great job this year on TV? Well, there be a team number forty five, Chris Welsh Well, the same number as Michael Jordan for I don't know. I don't know what they're gonna do with TV, will he? But we don't care, do we?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I hope there's no TV. We got the game every want it all on the radio, right, the game every night? We don't care about it. You care about television? Oh, they're good people over there. I don't care about TV. Do you care about TV? They're good people over there. Hopefully they'll get it worked out. We care about radio segment. We'll hear about. You'll come up. We'll see Maybe some of your rich friends ought to come through, like who I don't know, maybe the state of Ohio or step up. What about Jeff Beckham, He'll he'll pay there you go. How about Carl Linder, he's got money? How about uh, I don't know. How about George Joseph He's rich. Yeah, get him in there. Guy runs sentas. How about Bob Cohan, Yeah, get him in there. He'll pay. These guys are rich, all right, segment, Everybody have a good weekend. Got a note here from Paul Luck. Can you come in at four o'clock today and we'll start the process of getting your initiation fee at Kenward Country And he's bringing in super big boys next week. There you got Paul Luck is talking right now. That's what that's what it takes on news radio seven hundred w l W