Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty the Bill handle Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, Here's Wayne Resnick.
Speaker 3: KFIM six live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Good Morning, It's the Bill Handles Show. He's back from vacation on Monday, and I'll be here until nine, two more days of my well technically technically five more days, but two more shows and my tenure here at KFI as I head off into a long deserved retirement. Don't frown, Michelle.
Speaker 2: It makes me sad, but I'm very happy for me.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I worked six days a week for thirty years. Yeah, you deserve No how about now no days a week? That sounds nice, seems like let's let's, in other words, let's not make minor adjustments. Let's have the pendulum swing all the way in the other direction.
Speaker 2: That's my idea of a good time.
Speaker 3: All right, So I think we'll let you know. Michelle is here in for and producing. Michael Monks is here in the KFI news booth in for Amy King.
Speaker 2: Amy's back tomorrow. Is that correct? She is right? Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: And of course Kono the only the only true member of the morning crew here today. You carry the mantle heavy upon your head of morning show excellence this morning. Thank you your enthusiasm is I love working indetectable not working?
Speaker 2: Huh So I love to work when the rest of the.
Speaker 3: Oh you like to work when none of the other people you're used to are here. It's the best, are you? But you sound like you're being completely sarcastic when you say that. I mean, I like working with you and Michael and and shall.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding the best, all right.
Speaker 3: I guess there's a lot of drama behind the scenes that I won't be hearing about.
Speaker 2: Am I will.
Speaker 3: Miss the hot goss. I won't lie about that. So I say, let's start today's handle on the news. And you know, I honestly I wanted to have fun my last run here, and evilness is making that more challenging than it otherwise would be. So let's get into handle on the news, Michael Monks and me and what continue used to be the lead story. A picture is emerging of the man believed to have we always have to say that still believed to have perpetrated the terrorist attack in New Orleans on New Year's Eve plowing his car into a group of people.
Speaker 2: The death toll is up to at least fifteen.
Speaker 3: And this guy, Shamsuding Jabbar, we know some things about him now. I don't even like doing this part of the job, Michelle, because the part of the job where you talk about the guy.
Speaker 2: Is the part of the job where you're forced to.
Speaker 3: Indistinguishably talk about somebody, whether they're a celebrity, whether they're a hero who accomplished something amazing, or whether they're a bastard who I'm.
Speaker 2: Glad is dead.
Speaker 3: However, the informational part of it is event from a news standpoint, what I do not cotton too and will never be a part of is posting photos of these people. Particularly well, we'll get to the little thing I saw this.
Speaker 2: Morning that really made my blood boil.
Speaker 3: In that regard, but for right now, we'll just tell you because knowing a little about him is tracing the path to how this happened. And we know born in Beaumont, Texas, raised in Beaumont, Texas. Served in the military for over ten years, did serve a tour in Afghanistan, came out, started a real estate business, also worked for a couple of big accounting firms, and appeared to be a normal guy at that point, based on videos that he put up, for example, introducing himself to the to the community as a real estate agent, et cetera. But then it turns out he had a lot of marriage problems, or maybe I should say the women who married him ended up having a lot of marriage problems with him. If I'm reading everything correctly, he's been married three times and divorced three times. There's Nakedra, there's Tierra, and there's shanin every marriage ending in divorce, at least the most recent one, somewhat acrimoniously, with claims filed against each one, filing claims against the other. And significant financial problems for this guy, including a lot of credit card debt, losing a home because he said in court filings he couldn't afford to, you know, pay the mortgage and stuff anymore. And it is in that state of a life that he rented a car and in a in a in a way that that I did not know.
Speaker 2: You could do.
Speaker 3: And we'll talk about this at seven, because there's a connection between this incident and the cyber truck blowing up in Las Vegas. That has to do with how those vehicles were rented. And we've got I've got some more information that seven will be able to unpack this a little with a little more time. But in any event, and then he did what he did. Now the state of the investigation is they are calling it a terrorist stack. All the law enforcement officials now are calling this a terrorist attack, I'm sure largely because he had a little isis flag on the vehicle that he had rented and with which he perpetrated this. And they there were three guys and one woman who were seen on surveillance video supposedly planting explosive devices, and there were at least two pipe bombs found that had been placed in coolers and were wired to explode. However, apparently those four people have been cleared as suspects. Yet still the FBI believes he did not do this alone, but we don't have the details about what they mean by that. Did he have help actually executing it that day, or did he have help planning it, or did he have help making the explosive devices, which they believe were made in a rented airbnb in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: After he got there. So this is what we know at this time.
Speaker 3: More information does seem to be coming out at a pretty frequent clip, and we will bring it to you as soon as we have it.
Speaker 2: But this is in some ways the story of.
Speaker 3: An American who serves in the military who comes out and has a nice career going. At one point he was making one hundred and twenty five grand a year, but because of three failed marriages, child support from two of them, and running up his credit card apparently to pay his rent at some point, he encountered serious financial difficulty. There's obviously some emotional and relationship instability going on because these three marriages and divorces happened in a relatively brief period of time. I mean, we're talking of a period about ten eleven years, three different marriages and divorces.
Speaker 2: And it culminates in this act.
Speaker 3: And we're doing handle on the news for you, Michael Monks, and for Amy King and me. And I mentioned this briefly yesterday when I saw it, But a little more on the guy in Virginia who was caught with a I almost said a bad word that you say sometimes when you mean a lot of things, a certain kind of ton I almost said of explosives. Now, they originally went after him because he had a short barreled rifle, which is no good. But they found out he was stockpiling weapons and homemade ammunition, and they go and they raid the house and there they find over one hundred and fifty homemade explosives. Also a material called HMTD, which is extremely unstable. I mean, it is more unstable than the most unstable host on KFI.
Speaker 2: That's how unstable it is. That is unstable.
Speaker 3: And he had it kept in the freezer because one of the ways that if you've got some HMTD laying around, one of the ways it might ex blowed is that the temperature in the room changes three or four degrees. So he had it in the freezer, the family freezer, right next to the food.
Speaker 2: And so they arrest.
Speaker 3: Him and they put him in jail, and now he's trying to get out on bail pending his trial. And the judge said, yeah, I think I'm gonna let him out on bail, and the government said, whoa Nelly. I don't know if the judge's name is Nelly, but they said, whoe, Nelly. No, let us tell you some other things about this guy. And so the judge is now reviewing additional evidence in the government's attempt to keep this guy in custody. And one of the things that they point out now is listen, he cannot be trusted not to keep screwing around with explosives. Why do we say that, Well, because he currently.
Speaker 2: Has two fingers.
Speaker 3: He has had his fingers blown off messing around with explosives, and they didn't stop him from messing around with explosives, so maybe he should not be out and about in the world.
Speaker 4: Does it specify if two fingers are two fingers on one hand or is it one finger on each hand?
Speaker 2: Not sure how they're configured. I'm curious about it.
Speaker 3: And when they say two fingers, I don't want to get into the debate about whether a thumb is a finger.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to assume he doesn't have any thumbs, so at least he won't be able to hitchhike to try to get away from the jurisdiction if they do let him out.
Speaker 2: But man, oh man, that's good stuff. That guy. All right, let's go to South Korea? How about that? No, thanks, we're all aware. Excuse me, I'm not ready either. We've all been aware of this terrible plane crash that happened there. One hundred and seventy nine people died on this flight that went down. Only two crew members lived well. Police are trying to figure out what happened. Investigators from the aviation organizations even stateside here are trying to figure out what happened. They raided an airport after this fatal crash, the airport of Muan in South Korea. They've also stopped the boss of Jiju Air from leaving South Korea. They consider him to be a key witness in this case. They really want to know what happened here. A lot of questions have emerged. They've got Korean investigators looking at the calls, They've got US investigators looking at the calls. They've got Boeing, who made the plane, involved in this investigation. And there are all kinds of questions about why this plane went down and what the circumstances were on the ground in the air that led to all of this carnage.
Speaker 3: Because the pilot said, oh, we had a bird strike exactly the strike and the plane went down with no landing gear. And what they're saying is, well, a bird strike wouldn't affect the landing gear, So what aren't you telling us?
Speaker 2: And that's what we hope to find out from all of these investigations. But they clearly mean business in that one.
Speaker 3: Well, one thing that's interesting about South Korea as compared to the United States is that when stuff goes wrong, they they go right after companies and executives from companies to see if there's any accountability at all, whereas here we don't really mess We don't mess with those at the top of the corporate hierarchy too much unless they start messing around with money.
Speaker 2: That's the only time.
Speaker 3: Okay, look, first of all, just so you know, nothing bad happened, but the sheriff's departments computerized dispatch system crashed right before midnight on New Year's Eve. So guess what they had to do. They had to be cops from old episodes of Adam twelve and drag Met, where someone would call nine one one and the nine to one to one person would have to write the information down on a piece of paper and then give that to the radio team who would literally the.
Speaker 2: Old fashioned carved eight.
Speaker 3: We got some kids blasting their music over there at wherever, and then that's how they that's how they were handling calls. For a while, the BODYCM system worked, I think all the other systems worked. But when the dispatch went down, somebody made a joke about it being their own little Y two K, and then the systems came back up and everything was fine. But I suspect at this point the I'm gonna guess the majority, if not the entirety, of the Patrol Division people who were out had never dealt with this kind of a thing before.
Speaker 2: You mean, like using a pen.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, like having to go back and forth to get the information on the on the little and you know, and rather than just being able to get all the stuff.
Speaker 2: On yeah, I know. I mean, you see some police these days. You realize when you've aged, when you see a police officer and you think, man, you're so I mean, are you fifteen years old? You're so young? And these deputies certainly look like that to me. So I bet they never lived in an age where they were exclusively writing things down. Welcome back to the dark ages of the nineteen nineties. All right, let's let's move on, because there are some renters here in LA who might see a little sticker shock when their bill comes due this week. More than sixty three percent of LA residents are renters. I'm a renter here in LA, and a lot of them who live in previously or currently rent controlled units are finding that their rent is going up by about four percent. You think, well, big deal, four percent, but if your rent is two thousand, three thousand, thirty five hundred, four percent can add up and that can impact your monthly budgeting. And that's what folks are feeling because landlords who own properties that they rent out in rent controlled circumstances have a cap on how much they're allowed to increase in this year, they've been allowed to do four percent, So a lot of renters getting a little bit of sticker shock coming up. If you're non rent controlled, could be almost nine percent increase for you, exactly. It can be chaos. I got really lucky my landlord out of nowhere. It was time for me to renew my lease this month, and they just took fifty dollars off, no questions asked. They took fifty dollars off your monthly. My rent is going down fifty dollars. Something's up. I think they like me, or they found out I work at KFI, and they don't want me topping my mouth off. They want to get me silence. And let me tell you, if you can buy my silence for fifty dollars, fifty dollars will buy my silence in this economy, all right.
Speaker 3: I guess this is still an issue that there's enough rancor in the Republican Party that they're worried they might not be able to elect a speaker when the new Congress convenes, and that would mean they can't delay. They can't excuse me, they would have to delay and can't at the right time certify the election, and there'd be no inauguration, or well it would be delayed. I mean, it's look, first of all, this is the first thing. We're not going to have a situation where six months from now they've not certified the election and Chuck Grassley is the president, the acting president of the United States. It's gonna be if it happens, it will be for a short period of time. But the problem is because and we already saw this last time, there's a lot of infighting in the Republican Party with a relatively small group of people coming up the works, and the same thing is happening again, and they have such a slim majority that I think they can only afford to lose one Republican vote. And that's assuming every other Republican shows up to vote and votes for Mike Johnson. And there's at least fourteen people on record that say they're undecided. And you know what's happening now is all the deal making behind the scenes of what will you give me if I vote for Mike Johnson as speaker. They're lining up the pork barrels, because that's how it works, if you what I'm surprised is that every Republican in the House is not saying, I don't know, what can.
Speaker 2: You do for me? It's only maybe fourteen of them. Let me tell you about a volcano that is apparently scheduled to erupt in twenty twenty five. People who watch these things say that there are telltale signs of swelling within this volcano. It's called the Axial Seamount. Wish it's pretty good Twitter handle if that's not taken. And it's a volcano located about four hundred and seventy kilometers off the coast of Oregon showing signs of impending activity. What does it mean to be an undersea volcano that would erupt? Ads predicted here in twenty twenty five. It's a pretty unique situation apparently with the being able to predict that this thing is going to erupt. But I'm not exactly sure if this is something we need to be scared of here in La Wayne. Can you help me out here whether we be scared of this? Well, I'm scared of everything right now. The year is off to such a crazy start, and now we've got a volcano under the ocean.
Speaker 3: Well, it's under the ocean, so if it erupts out the top of it, the magma, the magma will have to come up through the water. So does that blunt how far the magma goes? Or is the problem that the ocean will be filled with hot magma? Or does it cause a tsunami or that as well, I will disrupt I'm just gonna say this.
Speaker 2: University professor, a volcanologist called this a very promising volcano, So I don't know if that means yeah, I mean, this is a high achieving volcano. This is a high achiever. This is a volcano that you want to take home to mom. But is it a threat. I don't need this. I don't need this volcano you might not want to bring home to mom.
Speaker 3: Ladies your next sex partner, because, according to a futurist, women will be having more sex with robots next year than men will. I don't know how you make such a prediction, but that's the prediction that has been made by data futurist doctor Ian Pearson's.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 3: Now there have been first of all, I will say this, I think you have to go back. You go all the way back to the mid seventies and there was say can I can I I don't really want to say that word, but it is the correct word for the thing I'm saying it never But what do I care? So in nineteen it's not that bad, but it's not the best. So just if you're sensitive, plug your ears for like ten seconds. Back in the mid seventies, this idea called teledildonics, which was the idea that sex toys could be operated remotely somehow, and I think originally it was through a direct like a wired connection because nobody had WiFi or anything. And then later on, as we know, you can control things over the Internet from anywhere in the world. I can adjust my thermostat for me anywhere in the world. I can turn my alarm system on and off from anywhere in the world. So that was the beginning of the idea of robotic if you will sex and now fast forward.
Speaker 2: They're these amazingly.
Speaker 3: Life like sex robot things that you could buy. But aren't they aren't they ten fifteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: They're extremely expensive, you know, according to this articles.
Speaker 2: But apparently Michelle included an image for you to see, and it's quite I'm not comfortable is the image?
Speaker 3: But is the damn it is the image posted somewhere where people can't see it.
Speaker 2: I'll put it on the camp I Instagram at camp is of no help to anybody if only we can see it. It's a man who's he looks very eighties. You don't try to describe it. I want to describe it. Can you put some music on? I want to describe this sexy rob looks like Richard Marx. Am I not being heard right now? Yes, we're not going to describe anything other than that. We won't describe it.
Speaker 3: I'm getting I'm getting mad right now because nobody.
Speaker 2: Ever put it on the Instagram.
Speaker 5: It's quite Sexactic's like saying to someone who has been kind enough to give us their time and attention, we're all doing a thing and you can't really be part of it.
Speaker 2: I'll post it.
Speaker 4: My favorite part of this article is this this Harvard doctor who writes that it's the men that need to be worried because it's quite possible that these uh, these robots will outperform them for their women.
Speaker 3: Oh, almost certainly, however, Michelle posting photo. Now, let let's see how much of a threat the advanced male sex robots are. I'm gonna play for you a little audio, okay, and for everybody so here.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it'll work. Let's listen to this guy.
Speaker 6: I can be programmed to understand all about your business. Imagine I'm at a conference wearing your company T shirt and informing the audience about all of your company's products and services.
Speaker 2: No, there you go. Is that a sexy Is that a sexy robot? No, it's not. He just described an image. Are you mad at him?
Speaker 7: No? This is nuts. Okay, I just posted there. You go go check it out on where. It's a very suggestive image. She's going to get her account band.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I posted it with no it's it's it's a I'm gonna post it.
Speaker 2: With a poll of that's what. That's what I'm saying. That's the problem that all right, let's uh, let's move on to. Have you ever been driving and you get swept up in the music? A song comes on and you're just vibing and it's like, oh my gosh, I'm going twenty miles over the speed limit. A great song has come on, the breeze is picked up, and I'm a maniac. Well, there's a guy in Missouri got clocked going one hundred and seven miles an hour, not because he got swept up by a song, but he got swept up because he was playing a video game while driving. This twenty five year old driver north of Kansas City pulled over on I thirty five driving his twenty twenty three Nissan CenTra, driving about forty miles over the sixty five mile per hour posted speed limit. Police say he admitted to playing a video game while driving. So now he's facing speeding and other vehicular charges. He's got to go to court April fifteenth. He's got a scheduled court appearance, and there are no details on what game he was playing, but apparently some reporters in Kansas City took a look at his TikTok page and they have found that he is a devotee of My Hero Ultra Rumble. That's a twenty four player battle royale. So this is a guy who was playing with more than one person, probably allegedly while driving his Nissan CenTra over one hundred miles per hour down the freeway. So let that be a lesson as we start this new year. Resolve not to play your PlayStation while driving.
Speaker 3: And Rudy Giuliani, who is having to liquidate all of his property to pay that one hundred and forty eight million dollar defamation verdict because he defamed those election workers in Georgia, he really doesn't want to have to give up his four World Series rings that were gifted to him by then owner George Steinbrenner, he says, and this whole thing doesn't If I am the judge who is going to have a hearing on this, If I'm the judge, I might actually fat him in court because he is saying, please don't take the rings. Why because he says they're not his rings. They're his son, Andrew CMO's rings, but.
Speaker 2: They were given to him. How they were given to Rudy Giliani.
Speaker 3: And he says that sometime after he was gifted these rings, although I think he also said he insisted on paying for them, so maybe it's not fair to say he was gifted, but he was allowed to obtain them. He says he gave them to Andrew, he said, here, these are for you. Now, is there a document did Andrew? Did he do a nominal sale for one dollar that's in a contract that now I own these rings?
Speaker 2: No? No, he's just saying, well, they're really not my rings.
Speaker 3: And he also doesn't want to give up his three million dollar condo in Florida because he said it's his primary residence and should be exempt. Might have a point there, He might have a point there, particularly in Florida.
Speaker 2: But the ring thing is very smarmy.
Speaker 3: It's very goalm I'm sorry, it's it's very I misused smarmy.
Speaker 2: It's it's very suss is what I meant to say. It reminds me of Gollum the Precious and you're gonna He kind of looks like, come.
Speaker 3: On, I know he's you're gonna pile on his appearance when he's got all this other problem going on.
Speaker 2: Wow, you are that's cold.
Speaker 3: The Biden administration, through the Pentagon, made a lot of agreements with uh I'll tell you who they are, some famous people to try to help recruit people to go into the military because I don't know if you know it, but they're having a hard time getting people to join this volunteer military. So one thing that the government will do is enter into what they call a production assistant agreement. This is most famously known to have happened with the movie Top Gun. They were making Top Gun, and everybody knew it was going to be very complimentary and it was going to be a big booster for the military, and so the government said, hey, what do you need will help you make this movie? What do you need from us? And they enter into an agreement to provide help making in this case Top Gun. Well, they've also under the Biden administration made similar deals to Kelly Clarkson and her talk show, Jennifer Hudson and her talk show, Guy Fieri and his flavored town life that he lives, and even What's his Face YouTube star Mister Beast here's the thing though apparently none of it really worked, meaning it didn't boost their recruitment numbers, or recruitment numbers.
Speaker 2: Are still way down.
Speaker 3: They the Army had said we intend to recruit sixty five thousand people, and they got a little over fifty thousand people. So it's a nice idea, but it's not working because I don't think there's any way anymore to like subconsciously influence people to want to be in the military. So if you're like, hey, Kelly Clarkson will help you with something for your show. If you want to have something with that, I don't know, we bring a jet fighter onto your show or something like that.
Speaker 2: We'll do that for you.
Speaker 3: And I don't think anybody sitting there goes wow. Three minutes ago, I had no intention of wanting to be in the military, but Kelly Clarkson just had a jet fighter on her show. Let me go down to the mall right now, to the recruiting office. There's one thing I do want to say the Daily Mail, you blew it no offense. The headline Biden's Pentagon poured money into these shows and everything. It's not how it works. The production has to reimburse the pen to gone for any expenses incurred in helping them. So I don't know if that's the Daily Mail trying to ding Biden again, or they're just dumb, or they don't know how these agreements work. But when it's all over, no taxpayer money is spent.
Speaker 2: All right, let's draft a scenario where people in southern California are very familiar. You're sitting in traffic and suddenly some idiot does something stupid and you just can't even believe it because you would never drive like that. And that's because we're mister know it all, right, We're always mister know it all in the moment. But apparently, according to a new study, that situation or similar situations, these researchers have found in general, quote, people don't stop to think whether there might be more information that would help them make more informed decisions. So, whether you're lashing out in a moment like that where you don't have all the facts about what's going on with the other person, or whether there's a terrorist attack happening in New Orleans and events are unfolding and you're taking to social media and spreading a lot of stuff. The research has shown that people don't like the pause and get their facts straight before they react. And I know in the media business Wayane, that's not a surprise to you.
Speaker 3: No, they call it the illusion of information adequacy. You think you know enough to have your opinion, but you don't. Now, first of all, I don't think this is true. But let me float this idea though, as to the example that you used, which is a very common example. So somebody is driving too slowly in front of you. Now, it may be absolutely that there's a reason that if you knew why it was happening, that you would have some sympathy for the situation that the person's in. However, is it not still true that they're driving too slowly?
Speaker 2: Does the why?
Speaker 8: Does the why of why they're doing the thing really change your entitlement to be pissed off about it and call it out? They're doing the thing this is now about well you may not know why.
Speaker 2: Well, now I think you're steering into a sociopathy, steering into steering into means I wasn't in there. I mean, yes, you're right on the factual basis, of course, but it's difficult when you have any human emotions not to have a little bit of empathy.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the problem with it. I am serious about this that because there's this whole thing about what is it Be kind to everyone you meet, because everybody's going through a struggle. You don't know what someone's struggle is and what that means. But here's the problem. It's not good or healthy to be mad at everybody who violates any tiny bit of whatever you consider to be the proper behavior. I understand that you can't live your life like that, but you can't live your life no matter what somebody does, going like, oh, I wonder what tragedy hath to befallen my fellow man. I'm filled with empathy and sympathy because guess what, when they're doing something bad and you assume it's because they're dumb, that's because you don't have enough information. But when you go, oh, my poor fellow man must be going through some things, you also don't know enough to feel that way about it.
Speaker 2: That's true, And they don't know the difference.
Speaker 3: They don't know whether you're raging at them or crying tears on their behalf. So why not just be who you are and get if you get mad at people. You get mad at people, and if it turns out that there was a reason they were driving slowly, that makes some sense to you.
Speaker 2: You'll never know anyway, Uh, I guess. I mean, you're you're absolutely correct, you're absolutely low right. But I have found when I have snapped and it's happened to me, my goodness, driving in southern California, I've lost my cool. And then moments later, the altar boy in me comes crawling back to the top of my head and immediate guilt, like why did I yell at that that person? I mean, why did I feel the way I Why did I feel so intensely about a stranger for this thing that happened in a split second and is over and we're all moving on with our lives. But the rage that you can feel in those those circumstances, it's immense.
Speaker 3: Well, we're wired, but we're wired that way because if we weren't wired that way, this wouldn't be a research study and we wouldn't be talking about it because it would be some small handful of freaks that explode on the road because somebody drives. Everybody does it, because that's how we are. And a study like this and this narrative of be kind to everybody, because this struggle or whatever, this is all trying to get us to deny who we are and how we are, our basic biological essence. And sorry, not gonna do.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I'm not a moth. I'm a human being.
Speaker 3: And you can try to make me a moth that loves everybody and never gets mad, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: You just said a small group of freaks, and I like that for the name of this crew that's been filling in during the holidays. So thank you, and thank you. It's been such a pleasure to get to work with you here at the end of everything. For you, and I hope you enjoy your retirement. I love your voice so much and you have the best vocabulary in radio. Oh you are a very nice man. I like you. I may love you a little bit. I'm not a robot. In case you're wondering if you should, No, you're not.
Speaker 3: It's KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.