Speaker 1: Hold on, here we go, Here we go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now yeah, ladies and gentlemen, Gee ride riding home, Happy home day. Everybody waking waky, hands off snaky. It's wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Sure, that's our Instagram feature.
Speaker 1: I look at that every day. Now I have to tell Chili that otherwise he gets his feelings hurt. Fresh out of Bed Head to Head Challenge six p. Twenty Colin is a four time Hall of Famer. He's going for win number two today, fresh out of bed, Heads to Head. Don't miss it. Jemmy roll in town on Sunday. I've got tickets for you in homeroom on the Fun Fact Flashback. The Pumpkins Spice price is right. We'll play at seven twenty. If you heard the big announcement, my Chemical Romance announced their tour. They're playing Arlington. That's the closest location. We've got tickets for you for the show.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: If you win, the Pumpkin spice price is right at seven to twenty.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The Fall Guitar List, We've had two of the lamest winners of all time Monday, Monday and Tuesday.
Speaker 2: No lies, No lies told the energy.
Speaker 1: Was ridiculously low. I'm like, I gotta do something. We need to inject this thing because I know the prizes are great, these autographed guitars, I'm gonna I'm chilli, you're off the hook. I'm taking the ten calls. I'm taking the ten calls.
Speaker 2: We're gonna green them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna do it. We're gonna do it a little different. I'm just gonna say that another autograph guitar will spin the wheel. All of that will take place at a twenty today Alter Ego. Chance to get into that show out in Los Angeles at ninet forty Papa Roach Rise against tickets before they go on sale. We've got tickets for you, I know the show. And another pretty nice day, a little warmer today, ten percent chance to rain, sunny, high of eighty five. Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines? Hey?
Speaker 2: Goom morning Rod, Good morning, home room.
Speaker 4: Okay, So today, the Astrodome Conservancy is expected to reveal its plans for the dome today. The Harris County Commissioner's Court approved a one hundred and five million dollar planned back in twenty eighteen to repurpose the dome as a park as an events base, but that project was abandoned in twenty nineteen, so we really don't know. I mean, the dome was condemned in two thousand and nine. You know, the Astros, the oilers, they moved out in the nineties. So we're really just waiting.
Speaker 1: We're going to a.
Speaker 4: Plan for the future of the Astrodome is said to be revealed today, Alex, I don't need your negativity in this, I need your support.
Speaker 1: Nothing's gonna happen, all right.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about something a little more serious.
Speaker 4: There are funeral services scheduled today for a fallen firefighter. This is the story that we had covered last week. Martcello Gottacia, the third died from injuries he suffered while fighting a three alarm fire warehouse fire in East Houston last week. So the services for him are going to begin at nine am and at the Cathedral Sacred Heart, so that's right in downtown Houston. Mayor John Whitmy are also asking residents to drive with their headlights on today to honor his service and sacrifice in the line of duty. The crazy thing about this is that there is a woman in custody. She has charged with arson in this deadly fire. That building has had a ton of issues where that fire was. So that's something we're going to be talking about today.
Speaker 2: Also, we're going to be mentioning it.
Speaker 4: In the rec check because it will affect.
Speaker 2: Parts of your commute, especially downtown. All Right.
Speaker 4: The National Toy Hall of Fame announced it's three newest inductees.
Speaker 2: They are My Little Pony.
Speaker 4: My Little Pony, first produced in nineteen eighty two. These things are still popular. Does Londons have My Little Pony Allo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she went through a face. She has a couple of.
Speaker 4: Them, Okay, my daughter, my sister as well. Also, Transformers, the first Transformer toy came out in nineteen eighty four. We know all about the movie franchise. Transformer is very popular toy. And then the card game Phase ten, the card game Base ten has been inducted in.
Speaker 2: It was created in nineteen eighty two, and they were other finalists.
Speaker 1: But you know, I didn't think that game was that big. We played it in my house, but I don't know anyone else that played Phase ten all the time.
Speaker 4: I played it with the kids. I babysat a lot, the kids being my cousins.
Speaker 2: Every weekend.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Denzel Washington because he says that director Ryan Coogler is writing a part for him in Black Panther three, and that could be one of his final roles. He's like, look, at this point in my career, I am only interested in working with the best. He doesn't know how many more films he'll make. He wants to do things that he hasn't done. A third Black Panther hasn't even officially been announced, but Marvel boss Ken Kevin Fiji has previously.
Speaker 2: Mentioned a potential sequel there.
Speaker 4: So you could check out the clip of Denzel on our log page talking about his retirement. No matter how hard they try, the Black Parade will never die. My Chemical Romance announce a US tour starting July eleven to celebrate that two thousand and six album, The Black Parade. They're gonna play this album in its entirety at every stop. Now Rogers mentioned we will be giving away a pair of tickets to see My Chemical Romance on August second at Globe Life Field in Arlington. Tickets aren't even on so for this yet. They go on till Friday at ten am ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 2: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Taking alex Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna play the Clippers at Toyota Center. Their four and a half point famous coming into this one. It'll be their first group stage game in the NBA Cup, so they'll have a cool court and probably cool jerseys on tonight. I would tip off is at seven. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In some Astros news, Jose al Tuove won a Silver Slugger Award yesterday, I meaning he was the best offensive second basement in the AL.
Speaker 1: It's the seventh vis Slugger Award that he has received.
Speaker 5: He had a two ninety five average, twenty home run sixty five RBI, and was an All Star for the ninth time in his career last season.
Speaker 1: So congratulations to Jose el.
Speaker 2: I have some I have some altwo Bate gossip.
Speaker 4: My friend who is vacationing in Italy Tuscany ran into Jose Altabe and his family over there, so he's living it up.
Speaker 2: Just see, y'all know here we go.
Speaker 1: Four hours of pain starts right now. If you want the first phone call, come get it. What do you want to talk about? How do you want to get a started this morning, Sure is ready to receive your call. Seven one three two one two five the most interactive show on the radio. Oh, we're gonna be busy today. Does Rod Ryan's show wild Card Wednesday six oh six. Nothing above a ten percent chance to rain. Sunny skies today a little bit warmer than it was yesterday, but yesterday was awesome. Today highs of around eighty five. Busy, busy today. I don't know how we're gonna fit all this crap in. I mean, we just have a lot. Colin going for win number two. Fresh out of bed head to head. Always got room for the fresh out of bed head to head. At six twenty fun Facts, we'll flash back, get you some jelly roll tickets. Hike Man will be on with us at around seven twenty. You already talked about it. I mentioned it my Chemical Romance. Here we go. They announced their tour. They're coming to Arlington. We have tickets before they go on sale. The winner of the Pumpkins Spice Price is Right will be the first ticket holder for that show. The Guitarrist, the Fall Guitarrist. Am I crazy? Yes, don't answer that. Please wait a minute. Am I wrong hang on in saying that the two winners of the first two guitars have been some of our most low energy winners of all time.
Speaker 2: It was very lackluster yesterday.
Speaker 4: I did notice that the first one I let go because I'm like, okay, it's me thing Monday.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: But like, I'm sorry, do people just get guitars all the time?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Is that like a common thing where.
Speaker 4: It's like, you know, it's like drinking a cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: You know, I've just got it. It's not a cup of coffee. It's an act signed by a band. If you don't want it, don't call I.
Speaker 1: Just I told you how hard I had to work to get these guitars. To pry them. I got yelled at to pry them onto the hands of our promotions department. And yeah, there's a guitar from twenty twenty four up on that board from one of the buzzfests. That's how long these guitars have been around. And I'm begging to give them away. And I'm working to give these away to you guys, and these two guys that come in and win them just like oh cool man, oh yeah, disturbed, cool so I just I gotta inject this thing with some excitement. I don't want to sound more I don't I'm not winning anything. I don't want to sound more excited than the winners. And now we're gonna be mean to you because we're in to torture your.
Speaker 2: Nineties, especially me. I'm gonna be very mean.
Speaker 1: We're gonna torture the nine calls looking at some bunch of Okay, so let's do it. Let's do it. We're gonna do the torture ten leading up to the person that gets to spin the guitar. I gotta somehow make this thing a little bit more exciting.
Speaker 2: Like you guys are in this one.
Speaker 1: Even Radio Wizard sent me an email and he's busy af right now, and he's like, Uh, were you really low energy on these first two winners here? Sure you want to give these away? Yes, I'm sure we want to give these ways, right. I know it's a great prize. I know it's a great price. I know that there's people that are excited out there.
Speaker 2: We've just had two of the duds. We've got two duds, sleepiest people and all of the land.
Speaker 1: So I'm doing that. We we have popa roach rise against tickets on know the show. We're busy today. It's World Kindness Day. I know we're going to torture nine listeners. I know we're going to torture nine listeners at eight twenty this morning before we let somebody spin the wheel. But it is World Kindness Day, so keep that in mind. And then phones are ringing. No way, it's not.
Speaker 7: Time for the first phone call of the No.
Speaker 2: Way, Robbie. Is that Robbie?
Speaker 1: If I say, he's got a heart. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to the show. Bill park all right, Bill Parker, is this you?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: Ron? How you doing?
Speaker 1: Because Bill Parker, everybody you understand Bill Parker, Hey, dude, how are you. We haven't heard from you in a while.
Speaker 3: Oh Rod, I'm still living the dream. Uh. I just called him because I mean, it's my birthday today. I mean, and then at the time in my life where I was like I would feel like a little girl and playing it all out, and I'm just like, man, it's just I never thought I'd talked this way, he says, just another day. I'm probably gonna go do some dinner with my wife. And then after that maybe have some birthdays frankings, which is nobody else's Jesus of mine. I just want to see how y'all feel. I mean, I mean, is the party over? Am I just getting getting started?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't have a problem with people celebrating their birthday, Mike. My problem comes in when number one, it's take the day off of work and it's your birthday?
Speaker 4: What's come on?
Speaker 2: Come on? Okay?
Speaker 3: And then I'm on my way to work right now.
Speaker 1: Okay? So Bill, I know, of course, Bill, I know, I know you're cool. But when you start doing a birthday week, or worse yet, a birthday month, okay, those are the things.
Speaker 2: Because you learned it.
Speaker 1: I don't mind you calling in and giving yourself a little plug. There's nothing wrong with that. But when it comes right down to it, nobody really cares about your birthday but you. No one else, right.
Speaker 2: No one else cares.
Speaker 1: Your mom and dad also, yeah, they care a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know, that's straight people. So Bill, if you don't mind.
Speaker 1: My asking how old are you today?
Speaker 3: Well, my hairline says I'm nineties, but I'm forty years old.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, Bill, Well listen, why why haven't we heard you on fresh out of bed? Or why haven't we heard from you in forever?
Speaker 3: Don't even get me started, Rod, I am not hang up, hang up Red, I'll hang up re dial and uh, I'll get through. I'll get through sooner or later. It's looking like I'll not gonna make it this year. But I mean, if if, if, if first, you don't sit see try try again? Is uh my motto in life and with women and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: You should be able to do twenty one push ups? Can you still do twenty one push ups? Hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can rock those.
Speaker 3: I'll do I'll do twenty one push ups and I'll do half of that eleven. I could do eleven pull ups.
Speaker 1: Wow, Nope, harker.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean, I'm not I'm not trying to brad, you know, but I'm an athlete, Teta, you know.
Speaker 2: Just making sure you want to You're still helping.
Speaker 3: And you know what, Pop, I can't do that today and set it int you. How does that sound?
Speaker 2: Happy? Breat like a treat.
Speaker 3: Happy, Thank you guys so much for everything you guys do you guys, rock on and have a good walk our Wednesday. Oh FYI, we still play face ten.
Speaker 2: At the house.
Speaker 1: Oh faith old, I haven't.
Speaker 2: I gotta look.
Speaker 1: It's at my mom's house back home. I I don't know that we've ever introduced it. I don't think London has played it yet.
Speaker 2: But guys, Bill Parker, you in this. Dang Bill Parker.
Speaker 1: Having a birthday today. I kind of feel like we're all having a birthday today now that Bill's celebrating.
Speaker 2: Let me take a short break. When we come back in a rec check for you.
Speaker 1: We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 7: Houston, Houston's alternative and home of the Rod Ryan Morning Shown The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back rod Ryan Show on this wild Card Wednesday. All right, we're gonna be ringing up, Colin. You're gonna get ready to take on this four time Hall of Famer today, fresh out of bed, head to head.
Speaker 2: Sunny's guys Today. Low chances of.
Speaker 1: Rain, highs of around eighty five. What's trending this early A couple.
Speaker 4: Of picks that Trump has made for his cabinet and appointments.
Speaker 2: So those are things that are trending.
Speaker 4: The number one trend is Pete HeiG Seth his defense choice.
Speaker 2: He picked up.
Speaker 4: Fox's new used host Pete Segeth to service his defense secretary, and people are saying, okay, is.
Speaker 2: He experienced enough.
Speaker 4: There were, you know, a lot of people with tremendous resumes, there were national security heavy hitters, but he chose an Army National Guard captain, well known for his well known in conservative circles.
Speaker 2: So that's the biggest search on Google right now.
Speaker 4: They're also appointed Elon Musk and vivekra Swami to something called the Department of Government Efficiency. So those are, like, I know, they're political headlines, but they are definitely trending. That's kind of what's leading the news cycle right now.
Speaker 2: You mentioned this already. It is World Kindness Day. Be kind to others.
Speaker 4: Everyone nobody knows what each other is going through, so yeah, be kind to each other. And then for us it's the wildcard Wednesday. We haven't been mentioning our ig features as much, but trust me, people are clicking on them just as much. So that's what's trending. Goud Any for five the bucks.
Speaker 3: Rollin.
Speaker 2: I'm rolling.
Speaker 8: Morning, y'all.
Speaker 1: This is Colin.
Speaker 8: You're fresh out of bed, head to head one day champion. It took me ten months to get through this year and I lost then thirty days later.
Speaker 2: It only took four days.
Speaker 8: All right, I'm in. I'm not gonna blow this chance. Guys, join me tomorrow on Wednesday as I make it win Number two bitch is.
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two five. If you think you can beat them, hey, we don't need your attitude.
Speaker 2: We have one of our own show.
Speaker 9: The Rod Ryan Show on nine four five the Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five, the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. On this whole day, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, Sonny eighty five will be the high.
Speaker 2: It's six twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Let's play a game, and.
Speaker 6: Now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head and challenge listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Colin, Oh god, how are you doing today?
Speaker 2: Great? Great?
Speaker 1: You're a four time Hall of Famer. You're going for wind number two this morning, and the twins on the show would love for you to get into the Hall of Fame. That you would love that too, Okay, good Drew says, uh uh, that's enough, Hey Drew, good morning, Good morning there, Drew. I understand that you are you might be brand new to this game, first time, first time ever playing the game, fresh fish, Welcome in, Drew. All you got to do is shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You need two correct answers to win this.
Speaker 4: Compare to see Gary Clark Junior live at seven one Bring music calls.
Speaker 1: So, Drew, you have to say your name. I've heard rumors of some silly delay. You got to say your name first. You just got to get in.
Speaker 2: There quick clear. Okay, Drew, it works for me.
Speaker 1: Okay this now I need you to step it up because you're already quieter than him, lower energy.
Speaker 2: I need you to step it up, Drew.
Speaker 1: Okay, Colin's good, you ready, ready, Let's do it. Let's do it. Question number one hmmm, what again? I'm just gonna Colin. I'm sorry. I'm clearing out some of these questions before the I just don't think they know they're What sport does I? Ilana Meyer Mayor play, Colin go ahead? Colin Tennis is uh? No is incorrect? I know this, but people don't know this. This what sport does I? Loona Mayor play? Yeah, Ilana mar Her, Drew Sucker soccer No.
Speaker 2: You don't know her. Well, that's not on me.
Speaker 4: You guys gotta support women's it's on you.
Speaker 1: No, she's a rugby player. She's currently on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: The most popular person right now. Yes she is, Alex.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Next question, go talk the karate kid Daniel's son, his ls Colin, mister, that's a correct answer.
Speaker 2: That ninety year old reference. Better, guys, is that better?
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: He loved it?
Speaker 4: It was close.
Speaker 1: Next question, what type of renegades our rage against the machine? Gotta know that song?
Speaker 2: Colin? Uh, renegade of funk. That's a correct answer. Yeah, there, yeah, go where to go.
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 2: Drew?
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir, Dree Yeah, Drew, Drew hear me? Yeah, no, no, no, I can't hear you again. You were quieter than Colin, but you were slower as well, though you came in after him on those questions. But I appreciate you taking a few cuts though. You got in there, but just not quick enough. Okay, Drew, all right, thank you, all right, don't worry. Alex will podcast that you'll check up in an hour.
Speaker 2: In about an.
Speaker 1: Hour, you will see how right we were and how wrong you were. Colin Colin.
Speaker 2: You want to play tomorrow? Hell yeah, okay, No one, Pump Chump, Way to.
Speaker 1: Go twenty years on Mayhem in the Morning with the Run Ryan Show only ninety four five, the Bus ninety four five, the Buzz, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning, rod Ryan's Show on this wild Card Wednesday. Hope, dude, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: Ten percent chance of rain Sonny high of eighty five. It's six thirty four. I hope you know we're playing the punkin Spice price is right today. We're playing at seven twenty two and on top. I mean, we don't even need anything, but it's for my Chemical Romance tickets that their tour was announced yesterday. The closest they're coming is Arlington. Why are we getting the shaft?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm getting that question over and over again, like why are these bands skipping us? Well, I don't know. I don't have an answer for you, but I do want to continue where that question started. Within the last couple of weeks, Lincoln Park might be announcing something with They might be giving us some of their plans for twenty twenty five. That's on the music blog page as well. So I don't think they're gonna skip us. I just think maybe we're not getting in on the first round or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. If they want to go.
Speaker 4: To a city that just has one Michelin Star awarded to their whole city, that's.
Speaker 2: Fine, they don't want to and one with six that's on the bands. We can't change that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they probably map this tour out long before we were awarded those six Michelin Stars.
Speaker 2: Now they know they made a mistake. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: Hey, bring me Carlo.
Speaker 6: Collin, fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: Good morning, y'all. This is Colin.
Speaker 8: You're fresh out of bed Head to Head two day champions. Guys, I'm basically just a renegade of funks mixed with mister Miagi that's raging against the machine over here. That's when those all the right questions to ask me. So join me tomorrow on Thursday as I make it win number three, which is notice.
Speaker 1: He stayed away from that female rugby question. You didn't mention that in this speech. Does she know all the right questions to ask you? Nobody knew the rugby Dancing with the Stars player's still in the game. We got jelly roll tickets coming up for you. But first it's the Funday all right, we make you look smart, you Bronny.
Speaker 2: Your buddies.
Speaker 1: This the fuck Back to the day. Opal Fruits little Candy debuted, made his debut in nineteen fifty nine. They were doing okay. They thought they had a good product on their hands. They thought maybe the name was the problem. How sometimes when you name something it's just not right. Opal Fruits in nineteen fifty nine. They changed in nineteen sixty eight. Your guess is fruit loops.
Speaker 2: Fruit loops.
Speaker 1: Fruit loops is a really good guess. They were renamed in nineteen sixty eight Starburst, and the rest is history. What are you geling about over there? Just another band name. Arnold Swartzenegger got paid seventy five thousand dollars for Terminator, the first Terminator movie. Seven years later he got fifteen million dollars for Terminator two.
Speaker 2: That is fuyar WHOA worth every penny.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty big I mean, geez, seven.
Speaker 2: Years like that, it's best one.
Speaker 1: It's a heck of a pay increase. When Nokia was founded in Finland in eighteen sixty five, Nokia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were no a there were no.
Speaker 1: Phones around, No Kia. Nokia founded in Finland in eighteen sixty five. What were they doing? Oh they made toilet paper. That's neat. It took him one hundred years to get into the communication industry.
Speaker 2: Started from the bottom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eighteen sixty five. Crapper paper nineteen sixty five. Hey, maybe we should get into the communications field.
Speaker 2: It's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart, your buddies.
Speaker 2: This the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, talk about this prize here.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we have jelly Rold tickets.
Speaker 4: It's a beautifully broken tour which goes down this Sunday at Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: If your fun back, all right, I want you to think way back, way back to Tattooesday, which was yesterday. The Chicago Bulls drafted Michael Jordan first round in nineteen eighty four. Who did they take two hundred and five picks? Later same year, who did they pick? Seven? One three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 5: It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain catsh.
Speaker 1: There's a local connection to that story as well. This is that flashback. Hey, I'll clues good. Yeah, I like to give out some clues. Sometimes if it's for off to a slower start, it's a pretty good prize though, So that that's it. No more clues. I'm going to doing Wall Street yesterday.
Speaker 10: I gave a little back that Dallas down three hundred and eighty two points. Kick off this morning at forty three thousand, nine hundred and ten, Nasdaq downs seventeen to nineteen thousand and two eighty one, benchmark ten year treasuries trading at a four point four one percent, and oil stands at sixty eight dollars thirty seven cents a barrel to the most actives, the big studs Honeywell, Navidia and Microsoft. The big duds Amgen, Boeing, and Merk. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on the consumer Price Index for October. Right now, futures they're on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 10: I'm out here. This is Howlan Maje directing with a Ramon James Portty for the Outdron Show from Raymon James on same fleetp and Augustine do forget toys, rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 7: Opinions expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James Associates, Income Ever, nat AS, IDC, IARN Radio or AT sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmison. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buy er sell any security referred to youran. This program is or an educational information based on movement as reported by.
Speaker 1: Twenty four Fought the Buzz. Welcome back Rod Ryan Show. Let's talk to Dmitri this morning. Dmit Tree, Hello, man, great, we're talking about the Chicago Bulls. Back in nineteen eighty four. I think everybody knows they drafted Michael Jordan. But two hundred and five picks later, who did they take?
Speaker 3: Greg Kite?
Speaker 1: I mean, did you just randomly guess a Nate.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that person is, but they didn't take him. Robin, good morning, Good morning, Hello Robin, Welcome Chicago Bulls. They drafted this gentleman in nineteen eighty four with the two hundred and eighth pick, who was.
Speaker 2: It, Carl Lewis? He went to U of H. Carlin Lewis had a baby.
Speaker 1: He decided to stick with Track and Fields, but they did. They did take him two hundred picks after they drafted Jordan.
Speaker 2: You win.
Speaker 4: What are you giving Robin, Robin you I'm so happy to give you these pair of tickets to go see Jelly Roll on his tour this Sunday.
Speaker 2: It's a beautifully broken tour.
Speaker 4: You know the backfat you get the tickets.
Speaker 2: Awesome, love him.
Speaker 1: Great job, Robin, Thanks for being a part of the show. It's ninety four to five The Buzz four or five The Buzz. Unlikely Candidates, Nova Kane rod Ryan's show on this wild Card Wednesday, Pumpkins Spice price is right, We're going to play the game at seven twenty winner today Mike Chemical Romance tickets. That was the big announcement yesterday. I think at noon they're coming. The closest show is Arlington, so we're gonna get you into that show. Tickets don't go on sale until Friday. Then we've got the Fall Guitarvist. We're kind of mixing it up a little bit on how we're going to do it. Someone still leaves the show today with an autograph guitar At around eight twenty, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain. Sunny skies today Hive eighty five Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: All right, we're going to start with the Astrodome Conservancy because after many, many years of back and forth, they are expected to reveal plans for the Astrodome today. The Harris County Commissioner's Court approved a one hundred and five million dollar plan in twenty eighteen to repurpose a dome. They wanted to make it like an event space, a park space, but that project was abandoned in twenty nineteen. So here we are today, twenty twenty four, and they're saying, Okay, we finally have a plan.
Speaker 2: But they haven't. They haven't said anything.
Speaker 1: It was that judge ed Emmett. He was the one that was keeping that dream alive. And you know he's he was replaced by Hidalgo, and it seemed like when everybody said tear it down, he's like, well, let's just find.
Speaker 2: A way more idea.
Speaker 1: Let's get some more ideas before we get hasty. So whatever, I don't know what they're gonna do. What I do, is there a time for the announcement?
Speaker 2: You know what, let me.
Speaker 4: Let me crack this open a little bit further. But the Astrodome, this is something that people feel, you know, emotional about, nostalgic about it.
Speaker 2: Of course I would love it's historic because it.
Speaker 4: Is the first domed, you know, stadium.
Speaker 1: I would love to see it repurposed. It's just I know it upsets people if they tore down the original Yankee Stadium. Right, you can tear down that's.
Speaker 2: Right, that's right.
Speaker 4: We had a little coliseum in Corpus Christie that meant so much to so many people, like we had ice hockey there. There were so many events, and you know, people get attached to these things in the community. And I'm very eager. I'm very eager. So let me get a time for you. By the next time we do the headlines, I'll try to get a time for you. And when they're gon announce it's seven o'clock right now. I don't imagine they're gonna wake up and announce it at seven am.
Speaker 1: So why is my kids grade school in the headsta You know what?
Speaker 4: I am so glad you're here for this second story because Houston ISD's Harvard Elementary School is once again in need of a principle. In a letter to parents yesterday, district officials announced that Sharon Pebnito wouldn't be taking.
Speaker 2: The job after all.
Speaker 4: Now, remember she did the position last week, but she changed her mind because she said she was being bullied on social media.
Speaker 1: The PTA made her a cookie cake and everything. You know, because my kid goes to school here.
Speaker 4: Well, the PTA needs to find these online bullies because they're doing the exact opposite of a cookie cake.
Speaker 1: But listen, if somebody knows the inside information the person that she was replacing.
Speaker 2: Doctor Shelby Calabresi, there's something going on with why she was told to go. She was not. She was a loved right like that that other principle.
Speaker 4: Okay, she was placed on leave last month, and that was very unpopular with a lot of the parents, a lot of the students' parents, and a lot of the students. Doctor Stephanie Spencer, who is I guess the newest player in the game, will serve as interim principal at Harvard for the rest of the school year.
Speaker 1: It's a mess over there, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So while I go find the time for the astronom stuff, I need you to get on your you know, next door group app or whatever you do.
Speaker 2: I need you to ask the parents to tea.
Speaker 1: I still don't know why the other principle was let go. There's all kinds of speculations there and I don't.
Speaker 2: Know get in there.
Speaker 4: There's a new building proposal for New York that's being called the Big Bend. There are a lot of strange buildings throughout the world, and there's a lot of hyper modern designs, but this one might be the craziest one yet. It's an upside down U shape and it's hollow in the middle.
Speaker 2: If you think of what.
Speaker 4: A paper clip looks like standing up, it's a massive paper clip.
Speaker 2: It's standing up.
Speaker 1: It looks awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So if it's built, it would be the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere.
Speaker 2: There's a that's a.
Speaker 4: Couple It would be two thousand feet high, a couple hundred feet taller than one World Trade Center. So some people claim it'll ruin the skyline. Other people think this is great. Go ahead, throw it up there, added to the skyline.
Speaker 1: But it'll be bigger than that. Whatever that building is in Dubai.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Bergi Khalifa in Dubai is the world's tallest structure.
Speaker 1: Right now, we need to reclaim that we need to have the biggest are Yeah, let's have.
Speaker 2: The tallest stuff over here.
Speaker 4: Stephen Colbert revealed People Magazine's Sixtiest Man Alive last night on The Late And you're.
Speaker 2: Thinking, why are you playing off his music?
Speaker 4: Well, because it's John Krasinski from the Office aka Jim. You also might know him as Jack Ryan. You might know him from A Quiet Place, which he directed and co wrote. This guy's really talented. I really quite like him. I think it's he's the most maybe.
Speaker 2: Likable man alive, sexiest. I don't know will anything change because he now has this title. I don't think so.
Speaker 4: He lives in Brooklyn with his wife, Emily Blunt and their true daughters. He says this is gonna make him have to do more household tours. According to a post on Lincoln Park Association, several venues in the United United States, Canada, and Europe all shared a graphic with a red background and an art style that looks a lot like the style on Lincoln Park's Upcoming from Zero album. It's also in the same font. So are they teasing a twenty twenty five tour. We're gonna have to wait. From Zero is set to release on Friday, and apparently there's gonna be an announcement tomorrow at eight am our time.
Speaker 2: Those are using headlines taking autlex.
Speaker 1: Rockets are back in action tonight.
Speaker 5: They're gonna host the Clippers at toy Yoda Center. Rockets coming into this is four and a half point favorites. It'll be the first group stage game in the NBA Cup. Tip Off will be at seven o'clock. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety and.
Speaker 1: Some astros news.
Speaker 5: Jose Al Tuob won a Silver Slugger Award yesterday, meaning he was the best offensive second basement in the AL. It's the seventh Silver Slugger Award that he has received.
Speaker 1: Altuve had a.
Speaker 5: Two ninety five average, twenty home run sixty five RBI, and was an All Star for the ninth time in his career last season.
Speaker 1: So congratulations to Jose Al two B. That's what's going on in sports. Just furthering his title is the greatest astro of all time.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's so easy.
Speaker 4: It's it's gotten easier and it should be getting harder as he ages, but it's getting easier to determine that.
Speaker 1: There's no argument. The greatest astro of all time.
Speaker 4: Also wrote that Lincoln Park announcement, I said eight AMR time. It's gonna be six AMR times, so like right when we start up the show, we might have an announcement from them.
Speaker 1: Is it tomorrow or is it Friday when the album comes out.
Speaker 4: The post from the venue said that via an official announcement will be made to but Buts from Zero will release on Friday morning, so that timing kind of matches up.
Speaker 2: I hope we're in that announcement for sure.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz, four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, seven Essence going under.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the seventh spot.
Speaker 1: If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you. If you're just joining us, Wakey, wakey. I got seven o eight sunny skies today coming later, ten percent chance of rain, a little warmer than yesterday. Highs up around eighty five. I would say that was a big concert announcement yesterday. I know I feel it because people will email me. You're like, dude, why are they not coming here? Yesterday, My Chemical Romance announced their tour. They are going to play the Black Parade in full on their twenty twenty five tour. They have some interesting openers lined up at various states, Devo Alice Cooper opening ups their shows really bizarre. They're playing Arlington and tickets go on sale this Friday at ten a m. We're gonna give you a pair of tickets. I mean, it's the best we can do. We don't have a show here, but we still. I know a lot of you wanted to go see Lincoln Park in Arlington, so we gave away tickets to that as well. So if you can get your ass over there, we'll give you tickets.
Speaker 2: The winner of.
Speaker 1: Today's Pumpkin Spice Price is Right is gonna get those My Chemical Romance tickets. Conjured announcement coming on Friday. I already know who it is. I only say that because you're kind of teeing something up for Lincoln Park. Lincoln Park seems like they're teasing a twenty twenty five tour. I don't know. I don't want to get too all invested in it and then be let down, you know, I'm kind of feeling like that, so that's what's on the music blog page today, Mike Lincoln Park. There's a bunch of other things on there, all right, So well, we'll get you into the my Chemical Romance show coming up the fall guitarists. I'm gonna mix things up a little bit in the eight o'clock hour two. I just haven't been happy with the uh. I don't know with the way that the gate that's gone, I mean reived certainly emails.
Speaker 4: If someone lays a guitarvest at your table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should be pretty excited. I think I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want to sugarcoat it. The two dudes that won Monday and Tuesday have been the biggest duds of the year on winning stuff. I think, so Dudley's You're like, well, Rod, if you give away something good, then maybe we'll act excited. A disturbed guitar, autographed guitar, an autographed I Prevail, and an autographed disturbed guitar. And those guys felt like I was bothering them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you just have those laying around, So, Rod is a nuisance.
Speaker 1: I begged for these things for you guys.
Speaker 2: I begged it.
Speaker 1: I was told no multiple times.
Speaker 2: He looked pathetic.
Speaker 1: I did, I did. I was groveling and I actually just got called in a meeting about the guitarist.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, what be gone?
Speaker 1: Broh, Stop, there's no time for you and your isact. Can't get out of this. There's no time. I do not know where this art is apt coming up. The pumpkin spice price is right for those of my Comical Romance tickets. Alex will be here, Tessa will be here, I'll be here, Chili will be here, and then the hype man will come in and he'll tell us about a brand new product that you are going to bid on. You guys know how this works, right, You bid on actual pumpkin spice items available on retail shelves this fall season. Person that comes closest to the actual item without going over will win the MCR tickets. Okay, So everybody that's in this room right now, stay in this room right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a meeting everybody for the guitarists.
Speaker 1: Everyone that's here stays and push right here. Let me take a short break. We'll come back, get a rec check for you, we'll find out what's trending, and then we'll go get some players Houston's Rock, Houston's.
Speaker 2: Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show thoty four to five The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Alex, you're recording a new podcast today? I sure, am? Is it gravy Day?
Speaker 2: Is gravy?
Speaker 1: Is gravy Day the day you record or the day you release?
Speaker 2: Both? Oh?
Speaker 1: You released, release it tonight like the second is edited? You posted? Gotcha, it's gravy enjoy it so tomorrow, But it's gravy Day. Whenever you listen. It's always gravy Day somewhere. I agree with that. It's gotta be gravy Day somewhere. That's what I always say. Ten chance of rain, sunny skies, highs them around eighty five. Good to see you still here, bro, Stick around, stick around. We're getting set up for the pumpkin spice price is right, but first, what's trending?
Speaker 4: Did you see this viral Wheel of Fortune moment where the dude I did? I?
Speaker 1: Actually, Jilly has a link up for it today, but go ahead.
Speaker 4: Okay, so there have been some pretty bad guesses, but this one.
Speaker 2: The answer was give yourself a.
Speaker 4: Round of applause and he yes, uh, treat yourself around of sausage, give yourself a round of sausage, and yeah.
Speaker 2: Didn't go over.
Speaker 4: Well, you have to watch it in real time, you know. Once once the lights are on, he says, he went blank. He's like the show lights everything, Van o' ryan.
Speaker 2: And he said that he just blacked out. So you can go check out that. I guess that was really viral.
Speaker 1: And again, just backing up my point, Ryan Seacrest has never said anything funny in his life. He said, oh, kind of like yours better. Gott got a big laugh in the studio.
Speaker 2: There, ha ha ha ha right, applause.
Speaker 1: Appl rod, you're just jealous. Okay, what else?
Speaker 4: Also, did you see that the w NBA start, well, your like favorite w NBA started Cameron Brink and then our olympian Jordan Chiles are on the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue.
Speaker 1: Well, of course they're looking at girls.
Speaker 2: They look great. It looks so great. I'm a big out of both of these ladies.
Speaker 1: I would you never miss something like that.
Speaker 4: You would never ever miss something like that, not on my watch. Okay, So that's that's what's trending. Also in addition to the wildcard Wednesday. Okay, so the worst Wheel of Fortune guests ever, you got to go kind of watch that to laugh about it. But that's what's trending on eighty four five the Bus.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, we're gonna play the Sweeping Sensation that's sweeping the nation. It's called the punkin Spice.
Speaker 2: Price is right.
Speaker 1: Someone's gonna win my chemical Romance tickets that was just announced yesterday. We got tickets for you all week before they go on sale Friday at ten am. The show is in Arlington, full disclosure, but yeah, you're gonna bid on an actual pumpkin spice item available on retail shelves. So if you would like to come on down, I need three of you to play the game. HiPE Man should be joining us any second.
Speaker 2: Alex, stay put.
Speaker 1: I can't stay right there.
Speaker 2: Don't move. I have to do this.
Speaker 1: No getting out. I'm doing that parent talk to your teeth thing. You stare you right stars, right now. You do not leave the room, Alice, I have to do this. The boss seven three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: Called the Chili.
Speaker 1: If you think what it got, you've got what it takes to win the Pumpkin Spice price is right. Wow, don't Temple, Pilots, Wicked Garden.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's rock this morning, guys.
Speaker 1: We go ninety four five the Boss, Good morning, Rod Ranch.
Speaker 2: Where's Alex?
Speaker 1: Alex the Height? He said, I tell you, guys, you miss you. He comes walking in. He waits till I start talking on the air, and then the hypeman walks in and he knows he's gonna catch me off guard. Hype man, how are you?
Speaker 11: I'm doing fantastic ride, my favorite day of the week.
Speaker 1: Did you see Alex in the hall?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: And is he joining us?
Speaker 11: He was very upset that he had to go to some sort of meeting again. Okay, all right, Keames didn't call in us?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ten percent chance of rays sunny skies hies up about eighty five.
Speaker 2: I guess we should just get right into it.
Speaker 1: I mean, anybody have a problem, let's do it. Okay, guys, it's chilli. Okay, Chili, you got your people lined up. It's the sweeping sensation that sweeping the nation. It's the pumpkin spice. He's right, three of you to come on down and bid on today's pumpkin spice item that is available. It is a real item. Let's go see who's gonna be on the show today, Mandy, come on down.
Speaker 2: Man, no man, Good morning, Hi Mandy.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: I am so excited. I'm super excited.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to have you on too. I like your energy.
Speaker 2: Mandy.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be bidding first today. Next up is Cole. Come on down. Hello, Hi, Cole, Welcome, Cole, Welcome to the Pumpkin Spice Prize.
Speaker 2: Is right.
Speaker 1: You're gonna bid second on today's pumpkin spice item that is available on retail shelves this year.
Speaker 2: Cole, you sit tight last, but not lease. Tom. Come on down.
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 12: I'm ready to play.
Speaker 7: I want to win the game.
Speaker 1: I want to go up through the Dallas. Good for you, bro, I wish you the best. Tom. You are going to be bidding third today. So you are the three contestants Mandy, Cole, and Tom. The three contestants on today's pumpkin spice price is right?
Speaker 2: Okay, well here we go. You know them, you love them. It's me, it's you, hype man.
Speaker 1: Please tell us about today's item up for bid?
Speaker 11: Well, what today's item is? Favorite fires pumpkins spice salsa. I feel like you're pumpkin spice, extra spicy. You're gonna love this. This salsa serves up a.
Speaker 9: Sweet nutmeg and cinnamon infuse favorite profile with a light touch of joppolinot peepers that are gonna be sure to light up your fall like never before.
Speaker 5: What kind of joppolino peepers working on in Mexico.
Speaker 11: You're gonna love it, you right, that's a little kick to that pumpkin spice.
Speaker 1: And I promise yet you'll love it. You're sure it's not hallopeno jell poleno peepers.
Speaker 2: Please let me finish, please.
Speaker 1: Each jar features a wonderful bleno pumpkin.
Speaker 9: Dice, tomatoes, sugar, onions, and of course those jap poleanno peepers.
Speaker 11: Dad everyone's talking about you know what they say, gang, When you want something with a.
Speaker 1: Little kick, it's pumpkin spice salsa that you pick.
Speaker 11: It's a sixty nut jarm pumpkin spice salca from the fat folks at Flavor. In fact, ever hurt the same jel pileano peepers, jel polno peepers.
Speaker 13: When you're looking for a tick, those pumpkin spice you pick those jel poleno peepers are spicy, very spicy, y CALLI as they say.
Speaker 1: Everywhere.
Speaker 2: Really, i'd have to say a great job, but I'm not sure if it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. It's time to bring on our contestants.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey Mandy more, Good morning, Mandy. I need your bid on the sixteen ounce jar of Pumpkins spice Salsa.
Speaker 2: I am going to say six eighty nine cent.
Speaker 1: Six eighty nine sounds like a winning bid to me. Okay, six eighty nine, Okay, Mando, hang on right there, Hey Cole, good morning morning, Hey Cole. What is your bid? It's a sixteen ounce jar Pumpkins by Salsa from the fine folks at Flavor and Fire.
Speaker 8: All right, let's go for six thirty five.
Speaker 2: Six thirty five.
Speaker 1: Studio audience likes that. Yeah, I love expect Thank you, hype Man, Thank you hype Man.
Speaker 2: And last but not least, Tom, come on down, Tom.
Speaker 1: What is your bid on the sixteen ounce jar Pumpkins by Salsa with the chunky, drippy bits.
Speaker 12: Pumpkin Bye Salsa.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: Six six ninety is Tomo's bid?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I got contested number one at six eighty nine contested number two six thirty five, and then Tom did that thing where he went one penny over somebody. He went with six ninety. Contestant that comes closest without going over the actual retail price will be our winner today, hype man. If I can tap in one more time, well Rode.
Speaker 9: The actual retail price of flavoring fires pumpkins by selfa is nine dollars in fifty.
Speaker 2: Palmo, you did it.
Speaker 1: Congratulates Tomo with that kind of dick move where you go a penny over somebody.
Speaker 2: Dick move or not, it did seem to work.
Speaker 1: He had the highest bid. You said it was nine point fifty. He bid six ninety.
Speaker 2: Tom, you're the winner today, all right.
Speaker 10: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: That's a great show.
Speaker 7: I know it.
Speaker 3: I have one on the radio.
Speaker 2: Here for same. It's a pretty good win. Dude.
Speaker 4: You get a pair of tickets to see my Chemical Romance and just announce our concert. You're playing Globlkee Field in Arlington. Tickets aren't even on sale.
Speaker 2: You got them. You win. The pumpkin spice price is right.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 14: And I moved over here to you been from New Orleans about the same time.
Speaker 12: Rod Games I'm a.
Speaker 2: Long long time Oh, Damny, nice Tom's been here, You've been here twenty years.
Speaker 12: Bro.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Yeah, that's so great. All right, well, Tom, congratulations.
Speaker 2: On your win.
Speaker 1: Cole oh and manned Oh great job playing the game today, hip man, Thank you, Bro, thank you.
Speaker 2: Roan.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you want to stick around, we're spending the tarvists. There's shut I'll be listening.
Speaker 2: We got all the fun things.
Speaker 1: If you want to hang out, no time, okay, love to have you any time.
Speaker 7: You want to hang You're listening to The Rod Ryan Show ninety four five, The Bus.
Speaker 2: Five, the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Two really big stories that are dominating the music blog page today. My Chemical Romance of course, stuff that we know. They have announced a tour and they are coming to Arlington. We just gave away a pair of tickets. I believe it was Tom. Oh maybe Tom right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was Tom that won.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tom won the My Chemical Romance tickets. They're playing Arlington. Tickets will go on sale Friday at ten am. The other thing, the band that you just heard, we're not quite sure. As a matter of fact, we're not quite sure when this is all gonna happen, but it seems like they're teasing something for twenty twenty five. Their album's coming out on Friday, so it would make sense to kind of package up something nicely, like, Okay, guys, sure we slapped together these shows. We wanted to get out there and let you guys know that we're for real. They did some shows in twenty twenty four. They just played last Friday in Arlington. What does the tour look like? What is it? Is it here? Is it all over the world? Again, everyone's you know, guessing at this point, but it seems like they're teasing something. Man, that'd be fun to have something by the end of the week talking about Lincoln Park, like for us specifically here in Houston. Again, you can tell by the way I'm talking I have zero inside information. I do know that there will be a concert announcement on the show on Friday.
Speaker 2: It's for another band, It's not Lincoln Park. So that's what I know, guys.
Speaker 1: I know that we've got the fall guitarist. Next hour eight twenty, we're gonna do a little twist on the game and how we do it and how we present the guitar. So stick around for that. But somebody again for a third day leaves this show with an amazing autograph guitar all part of the Fall guitarvest at A twenty Houston's Rocking Alternatives The.
Speaker 7: Rod Rast Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four or five the bus Disturbed.
Speaker 1: An autograph disturbed guitar went out the door yesterday on this show, Day two of the Fall guitarrist. Okay, the dude said, cool, now.
Speaker 4: You're I mean, if you're lying, you're flying at your feet are right here on the ground.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do the Fall Guitarist coming up and we're gonna do I'm gonna mix it up this a little bit on how we're gonna present it. But I want to get you guys a little bit more excited about these guitars because it was a lot of work to get these fourteen guitars. Fourteen guitars every day. So that disturbed guitar was added to the wheel after the eye prevailed guitar went out the door on Monday, So we'll another guitar will go out off the wheel and a new one will go on afterwards. Ten percent chance of rain. Sunny Sky's highs of around eighty five. Don't miss us, don't miss this at A twenty this morning. All right, all right, what you got over there? What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 4: So, we've been talking about the astrodom Conservancy all morning because they are expected to reveal plans for the Astrodome today. According to the Houston Chronicle, they have the exclusive renderings of their one billion dollar plan to save this stay. So yesterday what I learned was KPRC two actually had announced like they had asked the Conservancy, how is this plan different from previously presented plans? Okay, and the conservacy answer says, well, the difference is we've gone out and built a capital stack that will support private investment in this public asset. So this time they have real money, real dollars, real figures that they are bringing to the table. So that's kprc's reporting as of yesterday. As of two hours ago, a Houston Chronicle announces this exclusive which.
Speaker 2: Are again the pictures. So it's really like gues You got.
Speaker 1: To pay form on their website to see.
Speaker 4: Well, I subscribe to the chronicle because I'm too nosy to live in this city.
Speaker 2: I have renderings, I can retweet them.
Speaker 4: Out, it's a four hundred and fifty thousand square foot of new revenue that's generating space and fifteen hundred additional parking lots. So basically, I mean I can tweet these out for you.
Speaker 1: State of the art go ahead is what is what's going to be used inside? What's going to be the building? Parking it's going to be in the building, They don't say so.
Speaker 4: According to the pictures, it's like inter It's like a big walkway that could lead you to other walkways. There's a rodeo space, there's like a retail and shopping space. That's the best as I can describe it, but I can also also tweet it out. Basically, a boulevard would cut through the astrodome and connect other buildings, like other existing buildings at NRG Park. They're saying animal handling facilities could be located under a new ground floor and then around the perimeter.
Speaker 2: They've conceptualize like a retail.
Speaker 4: Village where you would have hospitality, where you could have shopping, you could have a restaurant. And basically that's all I got after I did my dig in.
Speaker 2: That's what I have for you. Okay, So that's.
Speaker 4: Really the big story of the day, and then the status story of today is the funeral service that we're scheduled for a fallen firefighter. Marcelo got to see the third die from injuries for why fighting a three alarm warehouse fire in East Houston. This happened last week. We did a report on this last week. But the services will begin at nine am. However, I believe the procession has already begun from this which is why I've been telling you guys as best as I can during the rec checks that Pierce Street, Jefferson Street, Saint Joseph Parkway, it's all closed between Link Pierce and Jefferson. It's been closed from six am and it'll go to noon because there's again a procession. There's a memorial service that's going to take place at nine am at the Cathedral of Sacred Heart. There's also a procession of firefighters and apparatus that will start that is about to start literally in about a minute. It'll start from the fire Station eight, which is located at eighteen eighteen Louisiana Street. We did have someone a friend of the show, saying, hey, please make sure you mentioned this today. This was someone who was such a light in the community, and also Mary John Whitmyer asking residents to drive with their headlights on today to honor Garcia's service and his sacrifice.
Speaker 2: In the line. I think the most sinister.
Speaker 4: Thing of this whole thing is the fact that a woman might have been responsible. She's accused, she is in custody, she is charged with arson in this fire that you know, you think maybe you're just lighting a structure fire out and you don't realize like someone lost their life because of your stupid decision.
Speaker 2: So that's really the serious stuff.
Speaker 4: The National Toy Hall of Fame to announce the three newest inductees, and they are My Little Pony Transformers and the card game Phase ten, which was created in nineteen eighty two. Let's talk about entertainment news, because Denzel Washington says actor Ryan Coogler is writing a part for him in a potential Black Panther three. Denzel also hinted at a possible retirement and doesn't know how many more films he'll make.
Speaker 2: He's doing interviews right now to promote that Gladiator movie than you. Is it Gladiator two. I don't know the full name of it, but yeah, he's in that one. He says he has only taken really cool projects right now.
Speaker 4: My Chemical Romance is set for a North American stadium tour. The Black Parade Will Never Die starting June eleven. They're gonna celebrate that two thousand and six album, The Black Parade, and we already gave away tickets to this. They're playing Globe Liffield in Arlington. Will be doing that all week before they go on till on Friday. Those are hes headlines.
Speaker 2: Take it.
Speaker 1: The Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight.
Speaker 2: They're gonna host the Clippers.
Speaker 5: They're four and a half point favorites heading into this game and Toyota Soner. It'll be their first group stage game in the NBA Cup. Tip Off will be at seven. You can listen to it us your station Sports Talk seven ninety and some astros news. Jose al Tub won a Silver Slugger Award yesterday, which means he's the best offensive second baseman in the AL. It's the seventh Silver Slugger Award that he's received in his career.
Speaker 1: He had a two to ninety five.
Speaker 5: Average, twenty home run sixty five RBI, and was an All Star for the ninth time in his career last season. Congratulations to jose Al two Bay. That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Houston's rock and alternatives.
Speaker 7: The Rod Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five Buzz Rod Rych.
Speaker 1: Show, Half White part of the show people, it's three eleven and down. It's the hour that we blow out another amazing autographed guitar, the Fall Guitarist. We're gonna present it in a little different way. Sit tight for that. Everything's gonna go down after the break. But we've kind of been just been looking at how we're gonna do this, and uh, let's have some fun with it. Still, Okay, got great guitars on this wheel. Buzzfest twenty twenty one, three days Grace Adam Gonfier's on that one. Three doors down Bush some forty one. There's a Godsmack guitar. There's a Toty's guitar, Black Keys the band Ghost that highly sufspect guitar.
Speaker 2: I know everyone knows that.
Speaker 1: So that one's on there. It's smashed. It's a we're giving away a broken guitar, but it was smashed on stage and then they signed it. So that's all coming up on the fall guitarist. I don't get the chance to talk about the Crazy Criminal blog page every day, but this one's kind of It's important and I don't mean to make light of it, but I'm it's a warning to the fellas that are out there. This guy got arrested, and I don't know if this guy proved these women wrong or not, because nothing about this worked out for this guy. This guy over in Britain got arrested. He flashed a group of women on the street. They were making fun of him. Apparently there was some sort of interaction with him. He had been drinking, he was trying to hit on them in the club. Sounds like he was being a jerk, okay, tried to hug one of the girls and they made it clear listen, they don't want to interact with this guy, Okay, so he he's the blame. They ran into him later outside a pizza place after the club, and that's where it went really horrible for this guy, because he told the judge that the girls were making fun of him. They said that his junk must be and they made hand gestures indicated indicating on how small that he possibly could be. I imagine they were putting their their pointer finger to their thumb type of deal. That's when he pulled down his pants and showed them what he was packing.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't agree with that move. I don't know if he proved them wrong or if he proved them right. I don't think that he would have done that to prove them right.
Speaker 2: I think he just proved what kind of guy is exactly.
Speaker 1: So they tell a cop. He gets arrested. On top of whipping out his junk, they found a small amount of cocaine on him. So he gets charged for indecent exposure.
Speaker 2: And for drugs.
Speaker 1: Now hang on.
Speaker 2: Eighteen months probation, good for him.
Speaker 1: Drug rehab, and now he's registered as a sex offender for five years.
Speaker 2: Oh you love to see it, you love to hear it.
Speaker 1: Honestly, the thing about register as a sex offender, I don't think anyone. No, I think people do care, But most people it's just you're a sex offender. Now, they're not really looking into what you did. It's just you're a sex offender. Yeah, this was a This was a sub storyline on Horrible Bosses. Didn't one of the guys like pe too. He pete outside, but it was too close to a playground, and he was that.
Speaker 2: He was charged.
Speaker 1: He had to register as a sex offender. This will ruin your life. This will ruin your life.
Speaker 4: If it isn't the consequences.
Speaker 2: Of your own action.
Speaker 1: So registered sex offender for five years.
Speaker 2: Don't whip it out. Congrats to him.
Speaker 1: Don't whip it out just if they're saying you're small. Okay, there's a bunch of things on the Crazy Criminal blog page. Today. Mom got arrested. She let her ten year old just kind of walk into town all by himself.
Speaker 2: Ten years old. Here was five shit. I get it.
Speaker 1: When I was ten, I'm at across the state line.
Speaker 4: I was babysitting my five year old brother. When I was ten, I was in charge of two lives.
Speaker 2: Guys, it's the fall Guitarvest.
Speaker 1: Every day you're shot at one of fourteen guitars Hardy, Buzzfest, thirty two, Godsmack, some forty one, Toty's just some of the guitars that are on that wheel. We're gonna give one of you a chance to spin the wheel. We're gonna present it in a different way. I'm gonna explain everything on the flip of this break. I wouldn't go anywhere if you want an amazing autographed guitar A.
Speaker 7: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. We're getting ready to spin the guitarist wheel. I'm gonna let you know ahead of time what guitar you're gonna be calling in for. So we're gonna move things around just a little bit. Sunn these guys today, ten percent chance of rain hies them around eighty five before we do that. What's trending well.
Speaker 4: People on the Eggs are chiming in they think Glenn Powell was snubbed as the sexiest man alive.
Speaker 2: We talked about John Krasinski, Jim.
Speaker 4: From the Office, being named People's twenty twenty four sexiest man Alive, and people on the Eggs are saying, no, Glenn Powell snubbed.
Speaker 1: Seems like people were really talking about that fella from the Twister movie, right, yeah, and he was in Maverick, right and yeah.
Speaker 4: People are retweeting there's like this gift of him in a cowboy hat and a white shirt and he's like walking in the rain. People were like, what do you mean, Like this right here solidifies his sexiest man alive position number one, But yeah, it isn't. So we're gonna get into John Krasinski a little bit when we do headlines.
Speaker 2: But a lot of people talking about that. Also.
Speaker 4: Tony Hingecliff is not apologizing for his Madison Square Garden set at the Trump rally, but he does admit the venue may not have.
Speaker 2: Been right for his humor.
Speaker 4: He was he recorded a kill Tony podcast after that rally, and I believe that was released. It must have been released yesterday. He said, I apologize to absolutely nobody. He said that he was exercising his right to free speech. He thought the people of Puerto Rico are smart enough to realize when they're being used as pawns.
Speaker 2: He said. I also did a joke about my mother.
Speaker 4: He said, I go hard and that's what I do and I'm not going to stop doing that.
Speaker 1: Well, Trump won, so it's maybe it's a little easier for him to say that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If Trump hadn't won, you know, there's going to be at least one wing nut saying that's the reason he didn't win. So I don't know if his take would be different.
Speaker 4: But okay, yeah, that podcast was recorded like I guess after the rally.
Speaker 2: Also, this is kind of a bummer.
Speaker 4: Both Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelsey's homes in the Kansas City area were burglarized last month. One thing about you playing in primetime television, people know when you're not going to be home, and I think they're using that to their advantage. Mahomes home was broken into October sixth.
Speaker 2: It's unclear if anything was taken.
Speaker 4: Kelsey's home was broken into hours later on October seventh, after kickoff at Arrowheads Stadium. They took twenty thousand dollars cash. Taylor, Swift and Kelsey stayed in a hotel that night. That's what's trending on ninety four five the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's what I'd like to do.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Fall. Guitarvest Day three, got fourteen great guitars. Give me a couple of highlights, Alex, what's on that guitar? What's on that wheel? Today?
Speaker 5: Right now we're looking at Hardy godsmack some forty one, the Tody's Okay, the highly suspect smashed one. I feel like a lot of people are aiming for that one Black Keys, Ghost, Buzzfest fourteen, Bush three Doors Down three Days, Grace, Buzzfest twenty twenty one, and I believe we had Buzzfest twenty two. As as they're replacement for yesterday's disturbed guitar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that Buzzfest twenty two guitar. It's got Corn three eleven, Shined Down, Poppa Roach Blue October. I think people really want those Buzzfest guitars. How about we spin the wheel now so you know what you're calling for, okay, and then we'll incorporate the torture ten. I'll take the calls. Chili, you're off the hook. I'm gonna take all the calls. Why does you spin it? Go ahead, spin the wheel, well so we know hang on a second and okay, you're on.
Speaker 15: Yeah, buzz Fast fourteen.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay.
Speaker 1: I talked about that guitar earlier this week. Bus Fast fourteen breaking Benjamin Shine Down, Chavelle popa Roach Seether all on that damn guitar. That's an amazing guitar. Okay, things just got kicked up a notch. Hey, guys, I'm going to take the ten calls coming up right after this there is shine Down. They're on that guitar. See it's the Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. That is shine down and a symptom of being human. Rod Ryan's Show, Wild Card Wednesday, sunny skies today, low chances of rain hies him around eighty five. I don't want to wait any longer, Alex. I don't think you could have. I don't think you could have landed on a better guitar today. As we're kind of like mixing things up here for the fall guitar Vest every day around this time, we'll start at a twenty. We're gonna give away an autographed guitar for two weeks. Alex spun the wheel already. Buzzfest fourteen guys. That was October of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 16: Yeah, on that bill and on the guitar, Breaking Benjamin, Shine Down, Chavelle, Poppa Roach, see either some of those bands were baby bands back then.
Speaker 1: They might have been on the side stage. Can you imagine shine Down to Papa Roach? Almost bands started on the side stage at Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: All of them did, Breaking Benjamin, Sure they did.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna clear out the phone lines daddy's taking the calls.
Speaker 2: I'm taking the.
Speaker 1: Rain, taking the reins. Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Oh Hi, who's this? This is Nicky?
Speaker 1: Oh, nicky, nicky, nicky Nikky.
Speaker 2: Good night for the back.
Speaker 1: Call Number one, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Hello, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: This is Bill? Hi?
Speaker 1: Bill, he's a knucklehead. Oh he's not a knucklehead. Sorry, that's not nice.
Speaker 2: Number two. I'm loving to work so far, guys. Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Who's this Hi? I'm looking for caller number ten right now.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Oh, you got no fucking idea what it's like to be number one?
Speaker 1: That's true, she's gone. These have been harsh, Alex, it's supposed to be. Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Good morning, Okay, gotta move on. Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Excellent, excellent.
Speaker 2: Who's this.
Speaker 3: Big?
Speaker 1: Share? One? Two?
Speaker 2: Three? The last one didn't really count right because they weren't there. They never count.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bro, and the one you pick up the phone? Yeah, now I'm going to.
Speaker 5: Be excited, baby.
Speaker 1: Well, but the problem is lose. You're calling number four?
Speaker 2: Who's hair?
Speaker 1: Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Good morning, Hey Bro, what's your name?
Speaker 5: Dustin?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 1: Call her number five, and next time I have to come in here, I'm cracking skulls. Sorry, bro, that so good. Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 2: This is Courtney Courtney?
Speaker 1: You sounds so nice. Courtney sounds so nice? One two, three, four five, Oh.
Speaker 2: No pasta Leista baby?
Speaker 1: You call her six, Courtney. I'm sorry, that's not you deserve better. Good morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: Hi, good morning, Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's this Greg?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Greg, you get nothing you lose good dacer days.
Speaker 2: Good day. That's harsh too, man, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta be six seven right, Yes.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Who's this Rodney?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 5: This is?
Speaker 1: This is Jerry?
Speaker 2: Hi, Jerry? Three? Old god?
Speaker 3: You you enjoy that way too much?
Speaker 1: No, Jerry your caller number eight, sorry number eight? Good morning.
Speaker 2: I do like it.
Speaker 1: I forgot how much I like this? Good morning? Good morning?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 3: This is James?
Speaker 1: All right, James, I'm looking for caller number ten. Uh one two, three, four, five, six seven eight?
Speaker 2: Do you one hold? I got a lord of the call. I got up call number nine.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Oh, good morning, Hi? Who's this?
Speaker 14: This is Tyson.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like a big deep.
Speaker 1: Breath here together.
Speaker 3: Can we.
Speaker 2: Big big, big, big brath, big brow.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for caller number ten. We'd be kind of having some fun going through all of these numbers, you know what I mean? One and then there was two. Three was real funny. Four, it was pissed off. Five. Jerry was in there somewhere he was mad. I think Jerry was number eight. It was number nine.
Speaker 2: The anything left to do is say, hey, your caller number ten. Yes, here we go.
Speaker 1: Dude, Okay, I know you're working. I know you're working. Tell me your name again, Tyson, Tyson, your caller number ten. You just scored the Buzzfest fourteen guitar breaking Benjamin shineddown Chevelle, Papa Rotees either.
Speaker 2: All on that guitar plus more.
Speaker 1: Dude, awesome and it was awesome seeing him at the twenty Temper Sure was there. Oh yeah, that was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, look how far Shindown has come since then.
Speaker 2: Think about that.
Speaker 1: It was twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. I was so happy for you.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 1: That's one of the finest guitars that we are offering up and it comes off the board which is wild, which is absolutely wild.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, congratulations man, enjoy that guitar and hang it proudly in your house. Buzzfest fourteen comes.
Speaker 17: Off, an autographed Flyleaf guitar goes on and we will continue the Fall Guitarvest tomorrow at eight twenty the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: On the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning Rod Ryan Show. That, of course is green day before that was the Fall Guitarvest giveaway. And I think most people are in agreement. I mean, I know that the Torture ten is a fan favorite. When you really think about it, It's like I said it earlier today on the show, it's like birthdays. The one person that cares about your birthday is you. Yeah, the only person that cares, The only person that cares about hearing them be the winner is the winner themselves. People love those losers. People love the nine losers more than the person that won the guitar and awful that was all that was all your boy, It was Alex p put all those drops.
Speaker 2: Nice work, well done, So.
Speaker 1: I will leave him in charge of the drops moving forward. And I think this format is a winner I think this format is a winner. So if you missed it, we gave away a Buzzfest fourteen guitar, autographed by all those great bands, Buzzfest fourteen. I came in as we're, you know, making this big deal about me being here twenty years, it's gonna be twenty one. I came in on Buzzfest thirteen. This is the buzz Fest fourteen guitar. That's how long we've been sitting on this sucker. Okay, So when I say that I'm begging to give away these things, I've been begging to give these things away for a long time.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm so happy. I think we got a good format down. We'll do it the same way tomorrow. The fall guitarvest every morning at eight twenty so Buzzfest fourteen comes off and autographed fly Leaf guitar goes on. But still in play are those other great Buzzfest guitars Hardy Godsmack, some forty one black Keys. I think a lot of people are interested in that highly suspect guitar for sure, because it was used on stage and smashed on stage. Amain all right, I'm excited now, I'm reinvigorated about the fall guitarist all over again. Nine o'clock hours gonna always followus. I know it's twenty minutes away. Alternative income at around nine ten, chance to win one thousand dollars. I'd love to get a local winner on that alter ego, that big concert that we're doing out there in California. At around nine to forty, you're gonna get a chance to win that love to get a local winner. We had a bunch of local winners when we did this last time.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna leave you with.
Speaker 1: Popa roach rise against tickets before they go on sale. Nine o'clock hour is going to be busy of US.
Speaker 12: Rock and alt very soon.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Morning Show I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Ninety four bus.
Speaker 1: Two and all the small Things rod Ryan Show eight fifty three. Listen, strap yourselves in for a very very busy nine o'clock hour. Nothing about a ten percent chance of rain. Sunny skies today, highs up around eighty five. I didn't continue on with my push ups yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh you did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did thirty here and then I did another sixty during my workout. So next nice I did not at two sets of thirty or two sets of thirty three whatever.
Speaker 2: My shoulders are sore from doing that. Sure, I haven't worked out online.
Speaker 1: Twenty seven so that was twenty six.
Speaker 2: How many did you do?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah we did yesterday. Who was it that said this is how many push up per your age? This is how many pushups you should be able to do the male clinic? Yeah, okay, all right, so maybe we'll do push ups again in the nine o'clock hollar No thanks, Alternative income A chance to one thousand dollars alter EGO that huge show. I know alex is excited the incubuses on that show, and around nine forty you'll have a chance to call these are national contests and then I know the show. We got pop a roach and rise against tickets before they go on sale. Right now, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna start with the Astrodome Conservancy again because.
Speaker 2: They said they were going to reveal plans for the dome today.
Speaker 4: There was a one hundred and five million dollar plan in twenty eighteen to repurpose a dome, but that was abandoned the next year in twenty eighteen, then it got condemned and like all the way back in two thousand and nine. So all I really the breaking stuff I have are the renderings that I tweeted out on the X at rod Ryan show.
Speaker 2: I didn't see that. I got those from Houston Chronicle. Okay, yeah, So.
Speaker 4: The Astrodome has struggled with public relations, according to an executive director of the with the Astrodome Conservancy, but they said, this is an ambitious, you know, one billion dollar plan.
Speaker 2: You know, people, this is like a decade long question. What are you going to do with the landmark? You're going to tear it down? People were like, no, this means so much to the community.
Speaker 4: So if you look at the renderings, this is something that's going to be like a retail space. A boardwalk would go through the dome. It would really connect the buildings. It would generate space and a fifteen hundred more parking spots.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: This is the first time I'm seeing it. Go look at it and don't get your hopes out. But we need a cool place like this. I mean, if you're looking to go party after a Texans game, you're walking out of the game of energy.
Speaker 2: Where do you go? I mean, and I get it.
Speaker 1: They're going to do a parking lot is where the astrod.
Speaker 4: It's it's structurally sound, it's undergone remediation for Asbesis, it's debt free, it's they say, it's an over engineered building.
Speaker 2: So it's a solid structure. It's a strong structure.
Speaker 5: I mean, I kind of like the idea the Sunday night, just looking disgusting next to NRG when they were doing the overhead shots.
Speaker 1: And this is a garbage can that's right next to her.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 4: The conservancy members are appalled if they hear you say that, Alex are going to be appalled. This is a passion project for them, and we're going to go. I'm gonna get I'm going to keep you updated on on all of it.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 2: Right now, let's get to the t. Let's get to.
Speaker 4: Rod's daughter's school, Harvard Elementary. Okay, so, once again Harvard Elementary is in need of a principal. There was a letter sent to parents yesterday in which district officials announced that Sharon pay Bonito won't be taking the.
Speaker 2: Job after all. She the principal last week she accepted the position.
Speaker 4: And I asked you, I said, hey, what's was the old principal, like, was there a problem there?
Speaker 2: People are like, nope. The students liked her, the kids liked her, the parents liked her.
Speaker 1: She was I didn't.
Speaker 2: I haven't I to know that. Okay.
Speaker 4: So doctor Shelley Calabresi, she was placed on leave last month.
Speaker 2: That was an unpopular decision.
Speaker 4: Well, now because of bullying on social media, pep Bonito has changed her mind. She was going to replace doctor Shelby and now doctor Stephanie Spencer is going to serve as an interim principle at Harvard for the rest of the school year. So now Harvard families there's there. The PTA Executive Committee has a meeting today.
Speaker 2: I suggest you get your ass over there. Ride well when you go to this.
Speaker 1: Meeting, because they want their money back for the cake they made for me.
Speaker 4: The new principal is going to meet and greet families, meet and Greek families there for Harvard. But it's just been a tumultuous week for Houston I SD schools altogether. There have been leadership changes across the district. Last Friday, there was a shuffling at Perishing Middle School.
Speaker 2: Lanaier Middle School, River.
Speaker 4: Oaks is like musical chairs with principals.
Speaker 3: Sigh.
Speaker 1: There's a lot going on right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's a lot of strange buildings throughout the and there's a lot of hyper modern designs, but this one planned for New York City may be the craziest one yet. There's a building proposal for Manhattan that's being called the Big Ben and it's basically an upside down U shaped and.
Speaker 2: Hollow in the middle.
Speaker 4: Think of it as a massive paper clip standing up, and it really is what it looks like. There are big windows on each side to navigate it. There would be elevators that could operate around the curves. If it's built, it would be the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere at two thousand feet high. That's a couple hundred feet taller than one World Trade Center.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I would say New York's the place to make this happen. Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Stephen Colbert revealed People magazine Sexiest Man Alive last night on The Late Show, and the winner is Jim from the Office, John Krasinski from the Office. He also is Jack Ryan and Tom Clancy. Jack Ryan he directed and co wrote.
Speaker 2: A Quiet Place, and when he got told.
Speaker 4: The news, he says, you know, did I blacked out?
Speaker 2: Am I being punked? I'm probably gonna have to do more chores around the hot around the house.
Speaker 1: Who's the guy that the internet to mention that they think should have got it?
Speaker 2: Glenn Glenn Powell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so you make the decision. Should it have been Glenn Powell or Jim from the office?
Speaker 4: Ooh, I think Glenn Powell's a little hotter, more my taste.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I don't know, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I don't know how they're grading this is exactly He's very smart.
Speaker 1: This is a sexy man, sexy minds. Oh, okay, what's.
Speaker 2: Hotter than being smart? Rot? Okay, let's talk about Lincoln Park.
Speaker 4: According to a post on Lincoln Park Association, several venues in the US, Canada, and Europe have all shared a graphic.
Speaker 2: They've got that art style.
Speaker 4: That looks a lot like the style on From Zero, the album that Lincoln Park just is going to release on Friday.
Speaker 2: So the post from the.
Speaker 4: Venue said that official announcements will be made tomorrow at six am our time, and then From Zero is going to release on Friday.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if that that timing really doesn't match up. But we'll see. If we get in news from them to row ticks, we'll be up. So those are Houston sidlites.
Speaker 1: I want to talk more about the astrodom in the nine o'clock hour. I want to take some calls. What are people want again? If you can repurpose that and if it becomes an amazing multi purpose building where there is a new destination in our city, and you privately funded and you throw up, you throw in there a cool ferris wheel, and you have all these stores and bars and breweries.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't I want that? Why not we have this for it?
Speaker 1: Stop teasing us. I understand where Alex is coming from. I just I don't subscribe to You cannot tear that down. I know I'm not from here. The only building you can't tear down is probably buildings in Rome, the Colisseum. You cannot take down anything else.
Speaker 2: Bones are good.
Speaker 1: Once they took down Yankee Stadium, the house that Ruth built. Any building can be torn down.
Speaker 5: Two champions in the other building, Yeah, what you got? Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Clippers at the Toyota Center, which is not just a decrepit condemned structure. Rockets are four and a half point favorites in that one. It's their first group stage game in the NBA Cup. Tip Opposite seven. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety and some astras news. Jose al Tub won a Silver Slugger Award yesterday.
Speaker 1: He never won one at the Astrodome.
Speaker 5: Fun fact, best second off the second basement offensively in the al at the seventh Silver Slugger award that he's received to get none of those. While he played at the Astrodome, Altuve had a two ninety five average, twenty home run sixty five rbi, and was an All Star for the ninth time in his career last season.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Jose L twove hands down the greatest astro of all time. How many games did he play in the Dome?
Speaker 2: Zero? Okay, checker stats, I know them, double track football check up, I know that all right.
Speaker 1: Now. It's even a busier nine o'clock hours. Rock Used Hiss Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety four.
Speaker 7: Five, The Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning Rod Ryan show, What about out the bush?
Speaker 2: Welcome to the nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: Guys, got some national things, got some local things, got some things, got some things, and then some things we're gonna talk about. I would like to talk about the astrodomin about ten minutes or so, and I want to I want to take some calls, but I'm running out of time already. Three things you must see today. I just pulled it up a nineteen year old YouTuber norm Maybe it's Normy. He's trying to break a world record by locking himself in a room for a full month no light. He's in complete darkness. Hikes, you can watch this right now. He's on YouTube.
Speaker 2: I can watch darkness.
Speaker 1: Well because you have like a night type of camera view, little night vision, so you can see him in the room, but he's in total darkness.
Speaker 2: How long does he want to do it?
Speaker 1: He wants to do it for a full month, and he's already underway now. I see him on YouTube, and I don't know if somebody's like restreaming it somehow. I'm looking at the YouTube right now. He went in October sixteenth.
Speaker 4: He's been doing it a while, Yice, he just put himself in solitary.
Speaker 2: He's only in a big room, is he is? He just eating snacks in the dark.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm looking at here with the feed one month in solitary confinement with no light, World record twenty four thousand views. So I was told that he got booted because he got booted from Twitch a few months ago. He was trying something. This is the same kid that didn't want to sleep for twelve days. And they don't want to promote somebody that's going to hurt themselves.
Speaker 2: So I think they don't want to see.
Speaker 1: They don't want to come across as condoning this. This one. He's I mean, he's nineteen. He's probably making more money than all of us at being a content creator. I just couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: No light in a room.
Speaker 1: He seems you can see his face. He looks like he's in a pretty decent mood. He This is totally live and it's uncensored, So just know that if you're gonna be pulling it up on a work computer. He's not naked or anything, but he's just saying crazy things because he's going a little crazy.
Speaker 2: Someone just said you made it.
Speaker 4: I guess they're talking about him on Boston radio and now Houston radio. But he has options where you can give. If you pay ten dollars, he gets some food. Five dollars, he'll do a handstand. Yeah, twenty bucks, he'll wear a straight.
Speaker 2: Jacket for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: These are good prices, so economical.
Speaker 2: Are you looking at him? He said, Look, he's got curly here.
Speaker 4: He's yeah, he's like on a pillow right now, just laying down.
Speaker 1: He's got it going a little crazy in there. I can't like, could it do long term damage?
Speaker 4: I just don't think this is good for anyone.
Speaker 1: He's headlining three things you must see. I'll say some of the other things that are on there. I'm just gonna say that this guy clearly chose the long. Is it safe for me to say, don't be a delivery driver if you're afraid of dogs. If you're definitely afraid of dogs, don't be a delivery driver that has to get out of your truck and deliver packages.
Speaker 2: If you are.
Speaker 1: Definitely afraid of dogs, you can't do that. You can't do those two jobs. Like you can't do that job and be paralyzed by a dog. You're just gonna come across them. Dogs, I think are a part of every delivery driver's job. It's a part of their life dealing with dogs, good, bad, good and bad. This Domino's driver is freaking out. He's he dropped half the person's order on the ground when just the dog showed up and they dropped the Domino's pizza. You can't be afraid of dogs and delivering pizza.
Speaker 2: You know, all right?
Speaker 1: Three things you must see, Make sure you go and you check that out. Here's a chance to win one thousand dollars. Good luck, guys. Come on Houston's rocking Alternatives, The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz or five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Uh okay, I want to talk a little astrodome coming up, but first Alex is ready to go here.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 6: Online it's Alix Online ninety four five The Mud.
Speaker 5: What you got It's pretty simple today it's the return of slapped in Kirk.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be what slapping Captain Kirk?
Speaker 5: Yeah, baby, easy way to lap a little steam this Wednesday. All you got to do is go to the mofens yd Ryan Shrippaget, The Buzz dot Com click. Today's all slide your mouse back and forth, need slapped all attic acting Kirk.
Speaker 2: Having a great day.
Speaker 1: It's one of the best ones ever. It's one of the best ever. That's all it is. Go check it out. Slap Captain Kirk, slapton Kirk at the weaponis ride ranchhoupage the buz dot com.
Speaker 18: The people that are I guess in charge of making decisions about the astrodome are set to unveil a one billion dollar plan for the future of the landmark and it should be coming today.
Speaker 2: Is that kind of the headline here? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Who's where's the billion dollars?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: I don't want to put you on the spot.
Speaker 2: Is the billion dollars coming from me? No?
Speaker 4: I think this is privately funded. I want to say it's privately funded.
Speaker 2: And uh yeah.
Speaker 1: Does Tilman fur Tita have that laying around?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Is he involved?
Speaker 2: Well, he does have that laying around, Yes he does.
Speaker 4: But there's been no mention of for Tita in any of the things I've read.
Speaker 1: But you when I see a Ferris wheel, think of him.
Speaker 4: Well, you do have to consider the Texans and the Rodeo, because those are two big players in the NRG Park Center Arena. So I think the Conservancy is kind of doing this, like rendering this saying okay, this is our idea that we have now for the dome.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest with you, I wasn't quite as excited until I saw what you tweeted out and I saw the plans for what they could do to this building. Makes the pictures it looks awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does look to pull that off, it would be great.
Speaker 1: Five calls, five phone calls, if you want to tell me your history with the astrodome, how much you love it. You know, my buddy Hustle, he's going to call in. He's going to talk about he had an uncle Rico's story. He had an interception in there when he played high school football. Right, there's a couple of guys that emailed me already they played baseball in there. I get it. What do you want to see done with this? A long time since we've talked about this Astrodome, and it's like something needs to be done one way or the other. Either repurpose the building, which is great. There have been previously shear it down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there have been previously presented plans that have that have gotten scrapped. Yeah, And when asked, when they ask the executive director of the Astrodome Conservancy Board, she she said, the difference is we have gone out. We've built a capital stack that will support private investment in this public asset.
Speaker 2: So she says, they.
Speaker 4: Have real dollars, real figures that they're bringing to the table this time around.
Speaker 2: And we all know money talks.
Speaker 1: Okay, tear it down, repurpose it. What do you want done with the Astrodome? I'll take five phone calls seven one three two win two five nine four five seven one three two win two five nine four five chill.
Speaker 2: You bring me five five brilliant rod Ryan.
Speaker 1: Show listeners with their opinions.
Speaker 2: It's the buzz.
Speaker 1: In ninety four or five the buzz if you like that, and I know you do. I've got some Popper Roach tickets coming your way. Popper Roach out on tour with Rise Against. They're coming here. They're playing the Toyota Center on March twentieth. We got tickets before they go on sale. We're gonna give those away on No the show. Plus, I got a shot up there our alter ego show out there on the on the West Coast out in California, so you got another chance at a national contest coming up shortly. But it's been a long time since we talked, and today apparently is a big day. I feel like we're gonna be let down. But apparently they've got a solid plan on what they're gonna do with the Astrodome. And I didn't get excited until Tessa sent these pictures out on the x at Rod Ryan Show, and you see chronic Yeah that we stole from the Houston Chronicle, which I'm sure they're gonna probably ding us of those, but a repurposed area. I of course I want a new, cool, awesome area here in Houston, but you got to do it. You can't say you're gonna do it in fifteen years and then that thing's gonna sit there, that thing being the Astrodome, it's gonna sit there for another fifteen years. As is that you can't do. The greatest thing that somebody came up with for this, which I know is completely unobtainable, is they said strip it down, leave the girders up, think about all the iron work that goes into that, and make it our Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The problem is they poured concrete over all of that, all of that iron. So it's you can't get down to that shelf. But could you imagine if it was if you could still see the shape of the astrodome and it was just girders, think about the Eiffel Tower, and it would be like an indoor outdoor type of space. Make like a huge park out of it or something. But again that was just a cool kind of fantasy idea. All right, real quick, I'm gonna take five calls on this lane. Good morning, Lane, good morning, Hello high lane. What would you like done with the astrodome?
Speaker 14: I think you should turn into two things.
Speaker 3: Either one of them should be a.
Speaker 14: Parking garage or or another thing to be a strip club.
Speaker 1: Strip clubs. There you go.
Speaker 2: We would be thank you.
Speaker 1: It would be the world's largest skip strip club for sure, thank you. Not a horrible idea, Eric, good morning, Hello, Good morning, sir. Astrodome. What do you want done with it?
Speaker 3: Anything?
Speaker 8: It's kin of shame said that one time.
Speaker 12: It's one of the world to just go to waste like that.
Speaker 1: You know what if you got to pay, what if taxpayers got to pay?
Speaker 12: I wouldn't carry off pay anything to get that thing going again.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like.
Speaker 2: That money where you mounted. That's good.
Speaker 1: Kristin, Good morning, Kristin Barney. Christian again, Christian, what do you got for me? Dude? What do you think should be done with this astrodome man?
Speaker 12: Anything? As far as it comes to bars and fun, ENRG is definitely lacking that side of the whole minute made side of thing.
Speaker 3: We need some fun.
Speaker 12: You leave there, you don't know what to do, just wandering around trying to find an uber to the next closest bars and entertainment. So we definitely can bring that.
Speaker 2: I agree with him.
Speaker 1: What Houston is missing is we don't have a sixth Street. We don't have like what San Antonio has, the river Walk. We don't have this place, this promenade. I did see a proposal for Main Street to knock out all the driving.
Speaker 2: Days I've got, and I saw about six walks.
Speaker 1: Now I don't own a business on there, so I don't know how I feel about it, But we don't have that destination area.
Speaker 2: If we can create those things.
Speaker 1: If we can create another cool area, then yeah, okay, Christian, thank you, Anthony, good morning, Hey, good morning. Rhyme.
Speaker 2: What you got dude?
Speaker 14: Yeah, So My thought is, I mean I went there as a kid, you know, seeing some monster jam stuff with my family. But I think, you know, you should make it into like a fancy hotel or just like some type of museum for like Houston history.
Speaker 1: I don't know that we have enough tourism to sustain a hotel that size that that is a Las Vegas casino size hotel. What are people, what are you coming to stay there for?
Speaker 14: You know, it depends on what they pack it with. I mean you could have like a all types of like a bar scenes in there, with like something pretty dope in the center of it, like walk around. And I mean people travel to Houston every day. I mean you just got to make it tight.
Speaker 2: Just make it tight. Honestly, put that on our flag, Houston. Make it tight, Anthony. I like it. I'd like them to make it tight. Ton. Can we have a high that proposal, like vote yes or no? Would you like to rid Houston tight?
Speaker 1: Tighten yeh the goddamn dome. Tighten it up?
Speaker 2: One more? Good morning, Well, good morning, Hi.
Speaker 1: What's your name? Alex?
Speaker 2: Alex?
Speaker 1: What are we doing with this with the astrodome? Help me out here?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 1: I love it, but I think they said you're a live.
Speaker 3: Like they did Texas Live by the Rangers Stadium.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. What and they's like a hotel that it's like a mall of bars basically. Okay, so it's an area that other stadiums have where you can party in and around the area and there's businesses open before the game, after the game. It's a destination to hang out.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And it's like right next to the Rangers stadium, like connected to it.
Speaker 2: They got a hotel and everything right there too.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool. One of the best that they do in one of the best I've ever seen at that is outside of Wrigley Field, Wrigleyville. It's like you just want to hang out. You don't want to ever go home, whether the Cubs win or lose.
Speaker 2: But it's in this some sing like our city is so much.
Speaker 5: It's a million year old stadium that they built all that stuff around as opposed to be built a stadium in the middle.
Speaker 2: Of the city.
Speaker 1: Nobody said tear it down. Okay, Well they're not. They're they're not going to and they're not going to build anything. So we wasted all our time and we're gonna have fifty more propositions coming up. Nothing's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: But I love our glass host. I love having you.
Speaker 1: Literally lost his job over there.
Speaker 2: You is important on this panel.
Speaker 1: Do we have any kind of a time an announcement? Is there anything today? They said something's coming.
Speaker 2: Surrenderings we released. I don't have any word on that.
Speaker 1: There's some pictures to look at, guys. Thank you, Thank you guys for the calls. If you can make if you can tighten it up, I'm down. I'm down to tighten that area off.
Speaker 2: The buzz is T four five.
Speaker 1: The buzz Lincoln Park. I mean, they've been doing nothing but teasing us since this new look Lincoln Park, with their new singer and everything. They're kind of doing it pretty cool. They're keeping me interested, that's for sure. They're keeping us all guessing. Lincoln Park seems like they're teasing some kind of an announcement for what their plans are for twenty twenty five. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it includes us. Meaning here in Houston, a lot of people are saying, turn the Astrodome into you know, a multi purpose venue, and there's supposed to be some kind of an announcement about that today. I appreciate all the calls, tons of emails coming in. There are people that do email in and say, Rod, you can tear that down. You can tear it down. We'll be fine. I went to all those baseball games with my dad, and you can tear it down. I got more than one email about that. Somebody said, make a mini sphere, dude. The astrodome is bigger than the sphere in Las Vegas. You could turn that into the sphere.
Speaker 4: Make a full size forget how many you want to test?
Speaker 1: The size one acceptable and.
Speaker 4: Alex Aard.
Speaker 2: What we got, Alex, if you made this is a gamble.
Speaker 1: If you made some sort of and I'm saying, I know you can't turn that into a sphere, but if you made it as some kind of a venue that was just so incredible, we would never miss.
Speaker 2: One tour, one band, one concert, one event.
Speaker 1: You would turn conventions places would start to look at Houston again. I'm not saying that I know conventions come here, but I've always said that Houston has an identity crisis. If we had one of the greatest multiplexes that you could utilize for all these things, that nobody would skip this area. Nobody would skip us, and then we would get looked at Before Dallas.
Speaker 4: I will say that like for me, all of this stuff, like the main street stuff, green spaces, the Astrodome, I am so one hundred percent on board.
Speaker 2: I think before we do any of that.
Speaker 4: For me, public transportation would need to be prioritized, like we need a proper public rail like that to me would be more important because it gets all these places. It takes a thousand dollars Uber to get to any of these places.
Speaker 2: That you're talking about. You can't become this premier city. We're bringing in people from the World Cup.
Speaker 4: We're bringing in people and they're like, uh, and I'm without a car and I now I got to rent a car and now every Uber ride is a million dollars.
Speaker 2: Like logistically, for us to be that city.
Speaker 4: That we want to be, we have to find a way to connect to transport these people to the rodeo to a minute made downtown.
Speaker 2: Like everybody needs to be like that.
Speaker 1: Mayor Witmeyer, if you're listening, everybody that is registered for a license to drive, get this free jet pack and.
Speaker 2: We just get to zip around in the air.
Speaker 1: You just get to zip around everywhere. That jetpack.
Speaker 4: That jetpack plan is easier than trying to figure out how to get place to place when you're from out.
Speaker 2: Of town in Houston.
Speaker 1: You're not wrong, all right, what are we giving away?
Speaker 2: I know the show.
Speaker 4: I have left a pair of tickets to see Papa Roach and Rise Against It's the Rise of the Roach Tour twenty twenty five going down at Toyota Center March twenty at Tickets go out and sale tomorrow at ten am at Toyota Center dot com.
Speaker 1: We'll have a question on the flip of this break. But here comes that shot at that alter Ego concert. Guys, let's get a national winner from right here.
Speaker 5: Houston's Rock, Houston's alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Shows come on ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: So guys, that's it, man.
Speaker 1: It was a pretty action packed show today. Very busy to be busy. The rest of the week's going to be busy. Somebody said, that's a it's a big announcement to say that if Guitarvist is tomorrow and every day at eight twenty, read my lips is at seven twenty tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh dang, I need.
Speaker 1: Samn these guitars.
Speaker 2: I don't even think of that.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding. Yeah, I guess that is a big announcement. All right, it's time for another show. Come on, what do you got, Poppa Roach rise against before they before these tickets even go on sale, We've got these tickets for you. What's the question?
Speaker 2: Why am I sore today? Why am I sore? Rod?
Speaker 4: You even suggested we should do something like like run something back today, and.
Speaker 2: I gotta say I'm not in y. You did more, You did more of this thing. So why am I sore? What is Rod very amped up with right now? About?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 2: I'll give you the ticket? Seven?
Speaker 17: Hey, Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz on Iheartradiot.
Speaker 2: Ninety four the bus station from iHeart Radio, The Rod.
Speaker 1: Ryan Show on Wake Out the Buzz four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. That's it, Well, it's almost it, geez, just before ten o'clock, ten percent chance of rain sunny Hi eighty five, Come on, pis.
Speaker 2: Now time four. I know this show on ninety four five The.
Speaker 4: Bus La la la la, la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Hi, who's this sapony welcome to the show. How are you today? I'm great, Tessa? What's your question?
Speaker 2: Can you tell me why I'm sore? And what Rod is still jazzed about?
Speaker 3: I'm the push up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, like I liked it?
Speaker 1: You liked it?
Speaker 2: You did what thirty more? So you did like sixty push ups yesterday?
Speaker 12: Rod?
Speaker 1: No, I did thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: I think I was required to do for my age twelve five?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I did another sixty, So I did one hundred. I did seventy more. I see, I did seventy more during my workout. So I did one hundred push up yesterday. I felt good.
Speaker 6: He's wrong.
Speaker 2: So sore, Anthony, You're the winner today on the show? What are you giving them?
Speaker 4: And the compair of tickets see pop Erosion Rise against you know the show?
Speaker 2: Congrats?
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 12: I'm forty seven.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if I could do all the pishow forty seven.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: You probably expected to do about eighteen. Yeah, whatever Chili was supposed to do. I think you and Chili are close at age. I don't I still don't know. I don't know anything about Chili. All right, come on, we gotta go Man. Colin avoided the one pump jump he took on Fresh Drew this morning, fresh out of bed, Head to head challenges what I'm talking about. We play every morning at six twenty. You should join us. You should get up early. All the superior people get up early. Okay, Colin's gonna go for win number three tomorrow. The Torture ten was worked into The Fall Guitarist. Two great tastes, that tastes great together. I think we'll keep that format going for tomorrow. Hype Man was brilliant today during the Pumpkin Spice. Price is right. Tomorrow's reading my lips, so that's gonna be at seven twenty. The Fall Guitarist will be at eight twenty. Wild Card Wednesday was the number one link today Astrodom Talk. I appreciate all your thoughts on that, So read my lips tomorrow, fix the gram Thursday, it's throwback Thursday. More guitars?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? I don't know. Four hours is all they give me. Guys.
Speaker 1: We'll try to again. We'll try to squeeze all that into the four hour show Tomorrow. Allie's in for Jeremy. She's got the NonStop neuter coming your way. It's Gravy Day everybody.
Speaker 3: No wonder.
Speaker 1: Everyone's in a good mood, no wonder, it's a new past. The Gravy Pod coming lately at Rod Ryan Show on All Socials. Test is on Houston Life today at one o'clock. Guys, we're on a twenty hour break man, make it great. It's gonna be an awesome day. We'll back with you tomorrow morning.
Speaker 8: A m F.
Speaker 2: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 6: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.