Speaker 1: So let's get into some talk about you know, one person to another. Uh, the dc is slate. So on Monday. I don't know why they did this, but I think they're just like, we got to start talking because people are getting Nancy like myself because we did a newscast me and too, I did weekly geeks. So it's funny that we did talking about like some issues we had with the DCU stuff going on. And then Monday they did this precedent where they announced a few things, but it was more of like, uh, you know what's going on, which you know what? And I will say this, actually is it called or quarreled?
Speaker 2: A lot of my concern professor at Quirrel's quarrel.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say this calmed some of my concerns because I respect that pretty much. What they went out and they said that they got a six year plan from Superman to now. There's a lot of things that I'm going to go some points and if you have nothing to say, we'll move on. But they have very much stress that when we hear about movies, because there's movies that they talked about this precedent where they're like, oh and the t Titans and even Saffron was like, yeah, Anna Narwaga's writing that, and James like, well, we've never announced that. He's liked, no, I'm pretty sure we have. And James like, no, that's just Scoopers. That got that we've never publicly said. So he let it. He let like a writer go accidentally. But I appreciate that they said that. That stuff that like we talk of all the time, like, oh, they're doing this, we do this movie. That anything we hear from DC in the future, it's like in development. It doesn't mean it's a sure thing James gonna stick in to, Like we're gonna have a plan and write a script and if the script is great, we're gonna go through. That's why Clay Face and Sergeant Rock, which weren't on the original slate, are going through. Where like he was honest and said, like, oh, stuff like authority. We've made a bunch of changes and it just doesn't work, so we don't want to rush it. What was a Booster Gold because he said there's been a bunch of bumpy projects, but he said Booster Gold. We had a showrunner and they just dropped out and said we didn't want to do it. So that's where that went. He said, the Waller Show, we're making lots of script issues. What else was there? There was another there's another one of those. But I really appreciate that they were very candid and honest about this. So I a lot of the worries I had, have a lot of fires been put in the water. But the one thing I will say, some mean old point by point here. Those were some of the things that they were talking about, these projects that are like, yeah, this is why we're just we're not They don't want to stick to Hey, we've announced this and we have to do it because we put it out there. I think I do like that, because we've talked about like MCU's finally doing that with like war machines. They're like, yeah, you know what, this isn't a good idea. Let's not do this. We're before maybe they they would have been like, we have to do this, but this is where I saw some worries. They said that they plan on having seven projects a year. Originally it was two movies, two shows, but now they're going with two live action movies, uh, one animated movie, two live action series, a live and then I think it's like a live action animated or sorry, an animated show. Either way, seven projects, right, very messy. I saw this mic in the discord if they James got the fall of the DCU red, I thum, Now, I don't know what yet, but if it's all in the DCU, they Gun and Company and Saffron should know better, like look at MCU like like there's already too many projects. But uh yeah, Kirka, how do you feel about that? Seven projects a year? I'll say this again because I know it's word vomit. But two live action movies, one animated movie, two live action series, an animated series, and then I don't know there's something else that's seven. I've sucked it up again.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be at least two animated series.
Speaker 1: I think that's what it is. Yeah, I think that's what it is. Yes, because those are a bit cheaper to make. But seven projects of a year is their plan. And they did say that they do plan in six years to culminate in like an Avengers type of movie. My last point two, I guess before I threw the use that he said they very much want to try to not make it the homework issue. So it sounds like they want to be like MCU Phase one, where yeah you had Cap, Ironman, Thor and Hulk, but like they weren't super connected, right, little connections. Yeah, sounds like they want the DCU to be that going forward. So it's like, oh, why is clay Face happening right now? Just because they think it's a good idea and they want to make it. They don't want a bunch of you gotta watch this to do this, So I know it's a.
Speaker 3: Lot there, but yeah, I mean seven projects a year just for DCU, I feel like that's a lot. And you know, as a podcast or someone that talks about these things, that's awesome. More coverage, more discussions, I like it. It just seems like such a high number though to like just out of the gate, like just that's our goal and that's what we're gonna be sticking to. I feel like over two years, that like makes a lot more sense. But yeah, I guess they're just up in the ante and it's uh, I I don't know how it's gonna feel natural, and like, like even for a dc fan, I feel like it's gonna be tough to like follow all of that. Like seven projects a year, and especially if it is an animated show and then like a live action, like it seems like it's gonna be covering like a wide range, even though it is all under the DC banner. So to get that, although they don't want to make it like homework, it kind of is, you know, like if you really want to get all of the lead up, like you're gonna be doing that. So if, like you said, a couple of years down the road, they're like, it's all gonna be aligning to this, it's just hard for me to really see it looking natural and clean and uh without things being canceled and issues, because even just getting a project out has issues, right, Like it's like many things we just talked about, the whole Disney thing or sorry not Disney. Oh yeah, I guess Lucasfilm and Star Wars and how many things were promised and many things were not seen by us or by any anyone. So yeah, no, that's just my initial thoughts. But as a glutton for content, like yeah, fuck yeah, seven seven projects, let's go, And I do.
Speaker 1: Think it's smart for them to clarify that. They said, like, unless we announce this in production, don't take it as yeah, like to kind of like we talked about with Star Wars, they'd always say like, hey, we're doing a ray movie. And what would always bug me is they would announce it and they're still meaning they don't even have the script done. It's like this, That's that's what bugs me. Where I like that. They even said with Flannagan that he pitched them on Clayface. They said, no, he wrote a script. I'm assuming he wrote a script during the strike. I'm not gonna say he did. But it's just like they're like, oh, and then he turned it into script. So I'm just like, you had some downtime put it and they're like, this is a great script, we're gonna do it. And then they announced, hey, this is actually going into production in the fall, like it's happening. We're all these other like we talk on these rumors and stuff, but again that's not stuff they like. Me and Taylor talked about last week that Daniel Craig dropped it as Sergeant Rock, like he said, they've never officially ever they there's nothing gun Saffron DC relay them saying hey Sergeant Rock is coming. It's just stuff that because it's the way we the world works now, right that all these scoopers, they they get charts and they get casting, so it's like stuff that you don't even want to out there. We're Star Wars. That's what bugs me. It's like, don't officially announce the Ray movie till it's like we're good to go, are locked and loaded, which they've done with many right.
Speaker 2: So mm hmm yeah, I mean I have you know, I'm not gonna I don't have my own hashtag like Travis told you, but I feel like I'm gonna do the Dylan told you here because I feel like since this thing was announced, I was like, this is far too you know, bold and brave to use the the Batman naming scheme to come out here at the Gate without anything in production at all and announce all these things. Uh, and there's gonna be connectivity between the animated shows, and they're gonna do the voice actors, and they're gonna come into live action. It's gonna be seamless and perfect and all these things are gonna happen. I was like, no chance, Like that's just not it's not gonna be as easy as they envision it, which clearly has been the case if they can't get you know, writers to stay in the room long enough to write some of these things. And I think now, especially like up in the Ante to seven, just seems like even even crazier. So I don't know, I I like, we still haven't even gotten Superman yet, you know, Like I guess it's kicked off now with Creature Commandos. But and then you know, all of this is built on the foundation of like WB's incredibly shaky foundation, which at any moment could just slip out from nt of them and cast all this stuff anyway, which feels like six year plan really, Like, I guess it's good to think about the future, but at the same time, you think that's gonna last that long. We'll have to wait and see. And it's like kind of outside their control to some extent too, unless their movies are all just huge billion dollar movies and all these shows make a shit ton of money. But I don't even know how shows make money, really, I don't understand the economics of all that. It's hard to follow sometimes, But yeah, I don't know. This is uh not really surprising to me. I guess I've always liked the transparency but at the same time, I think it could lead to some bad blood with people who are really excited about these things. You know, the world's number one booster gold fan. Holy shit, I'm finally getting a movie. I can't believe they announced that and then it just gets pulled out for really no like this that's not really good reason, Like, oh, the writer kind of just said give up on it. Like that sounds like you we're not pretty much effort in that project, of like it was that easy for it to fall apart. I'm sure there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes, of course, but yeah, I don't know. We'll have to wait and see. But I don't buy it. I don't think it's gonna go off as smoothly as they expect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, I appreciate them being honest, but they also don't need to say seven projects, right they because like if things don't make it stead, I'm sure they won't hit that all the time, right, But just I guess maybe just put out what you're gonna put out. But I don't know. Maybe it's just higher ups as well too, saying we need you to have a quota of this, this and this, you know.
Speaker 2: And yeah that the no homework thing. To Kirkland's point, like so we're getting seven things a year for five to six years before we get so we're gonna be about thirty to forty projects in between these like team up things well health.
Speaker 1: I think they're planning is so I think they're plan what they are gonna try and do, which I wish the MCU would do something like Clayflace, like you won't have to watch at all period. Like they're just like, we want to make a monster movie for forty million dollars and that's like a cheap movie we can put out during Halloween. Boom done. Like I think they do plan to have many of those where it is six to seven, but it's like, how like right now, I guess MS you kind of did, like with Moon Night, right, you don't have to, but at the time we're like, well, where is Moon Night playing everything? They don't want to make it, Like I think Justice League will probably just be your like Avengers, where hey watch these you could watch these four but like you don't have to. You don't have to watch Guardians right to watch Avengers two, they have nothing to do. But I think that's what they're trying to do like overall. Spub says, that means we're gonna be get fifteen DCU projects in time between Batman's Reeves movies, which you know what, again, Gunn, they did again. I appreciate the clarification after the delay and everything. Obviously they could just be lying and just bullshit us, but they said, like, hey, that's not our plan to make him the Batman. We're doing our own thing. And I've said before, as long as I get the Batman, I don't really give a fuck what they do at the DCU. They can do whatever they want. Does that Reeves finishes stuff, But they said they have no plans. I think what is interesting before I throw the Taylor is they said they're working on the script and the first person to see the script will be Andy Andy Mushet, who is the director of Braving the Bold, which to me makes very little sense that he's like, has very little connection with this project until they finish the script. I'm just saying, he ain't in this movie, and I think it'll be someone else. It could even be James gun because Jamis Gunn says he loves Batman and he's working on something and yet there's even talks of like no talks with people just wondering if he's doing a Batman Superman moving like a team up and he's not doing this. But I'm happy that Pattison is not uh not doing that. And uh yeah, they announced like a Green Lantern animated show. They announced a Starfire animated show. Yeah, they confirmed that Teen Titans film. So there's some stuff they did confirm here. But uh, tay, what do you take from uh all the do you think?
Speaker 4: Do you think James Gunn just he just is like, no, no one else can do this, So I'm gonna direct it. I did Creature Commandos, I directed Superman, I'll direct Batman Braving the Bull, I'll direct Supergirl.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna direct all of it. I think with uh not not he didn't do Supergirl Supergirls. Halfway through I'm saying, I'm saying he'll just take over. No, he said that script's going well, like he said, the production's going well, that's gonna be ready for next year. I think the ones that he will be a part of Creature Commando's was just like like whatever, he just did that because he just wanted that's a James gun isn't think I think anybody that is in that Just League movie, that's where he could step in, where it is Superman, Batman. I don't know where the fuck Wonder Woman is. Obviously we'll talk on Monday about the game. But like even in general, like canceled, you should probably be getting that that thing going. I'm already said the six year plan and no video games. James Gunn did say expect something in the next couple of years. I think Warner Brothers Games is just a mess right now. So I feel like James Gunn, like I get the film thing under control and then worry about the game.
Speaker 2: He doesn't really have anything to do with that, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know because he does. He doesn't know, but I know he said that they're gonna make games for the DCU, So I don't know what that partakes. But just like, yeah, just wait on that Warner Brothers Games.
Speaker 4: The fucking release a new roadmap for Kill the Justice League.
Speaker 1: Game or anything.
Speaker 2: We're getting to ten projects a year. Everyone had some games in there, good.
Speaker 1: To go, Yeah, but here continue Hi, So I can answer your question. He'll do that with the important projects. I don't think if he feels it's not working out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think his transparency and his blundness just address that, Hey, this is how it is with these projects, and that's great. That's wonderful. I think other companies could look at that and learn a thing or two. Disney, I would.
Speaker 1: Love to know. I would love to just sit by you down and be like, why was Marshay announced in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: And here we are, you know, and have James Gunn in the room with you when you break down crying.
Speaker 1: Like like, honestly, that's not their biggest thing. But I would love to ask those though this particulars, but they don't. Right, we're Gunn. That is something he is doing a bit differently.
Speaker 4: So mm hmm. The plethora though of projects that are gonna be coming out, I am just overwhelmed. I mean, I'm totally okay with you know, two a year, Sure, I'll be greedy, but one.
Speaker 2: A year totally works for me.
Speaker 4: Like, holy smokes, I don't need like on and on and on and on like a show and a t and a movie. That's totally fine. But to I mean, clearly they have some goals and clearly they want you to make up for lost time, and what happens is some of these projects bomb. I don't think Superman's gonna bomb, But what happens if Superman.
Speaker 1: Doesn't do very well?
Speaker 4: And is that gonna kind of rock the boat a little bit?
Speaker 1: If Superman if that bombs or disappoints, I think it's actually just over. I think it's just they go back, Like I think this is all I think it is. I think they'll do like, oh, I think Reeves will be fine, but I think they'll just go back to We'll just do a project here and there. I don't think Superman is gonna bomb, but I think that's what happened. But like to answer your question, that's why you make clay Face for forty million dollars, right, Like that helps you instead of fight? That's right? Oh well this is a two hundred and fifty dollars move two hundred and fifty million, like Joker too, right like that? What could happen there? So if you make clay Face for forty million, easy, Sergeant Rod forty sixty million, Like I don't know if anyone wants to starge a rock movie, but like you know, Green Lanterns is a TV show on HBO Max, you know, or HBO Storry just HBO. So so Mike says the Superman two happens, does undo it or pass it off? I think he definitely does it. But I think I do agree with the rumors because he says he's writing something. It's not announced. He just says it's connected to Superman. I do think he is, because that's every thing too with the Batman. He said, well, you might see the Batman before Raven Bold. I guess you could have him in clay face. There's a chance. But I think you will get a Batman Superman movie and it's gonna be called World's Finest and that you'll have the team up first. And I'm gonna laugh if it makes a billion dollars, and because the whole thing about BVS not making a billion dollars, I don't know if it would, but I think that's his next project. But my point is, I think Superman two is like after the six Year Plan, unless it's a massive movie.
Speaker 4: What was the company he said about Batman, you'd see it before.
Speaker 1: He said, there's a chance you'll see him before Braybell, because he.
Speaker 4: Said that before after Creature Commandos.
Speaker 1: He said this like it on Monday.
Speaker 4: Oh just okay, now you're gonna say like Creature Commandos already proves this point.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, he's in there. But I think people said like would because he said they're not gonna, which was also interesting. He said he's working at the right room, Brad of the He said he would not reveal the writer because there'd be too much pressure on them. So I'm very curious who is writing Brave in the Bowl, like maybe Legit, like or Pierre Saffer and he's like, I'm gonna write my first movie and that's gonna be Batman. But no, I think some report asked about Clay Face and he said, like there's a chance you'd see Batman before. I think it's just because they have no idea when Braving the Bull is, and I think they just have I think it's all Matt Reeves because unfortunately he did say that Matt Reeves still hasn't turned the script yet for the Batman and Matt's, you know, take taking his time, he's cooking. But I think that's the problem. They have no idea when this Batman movie is, so it's like like they got to get Batman in there at some point. Right and cast Glen Powell.
Speaker 2: So mm hmm give me some points, Yeah, give you some.
Speaker 1: Points for sure. So all right, let's take yeah, last that break, and then we'll be back with some daredevils. We'll be right back