Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Note you are talking a lot tomorrow, And I wrote back, I got you thinking that, you know, it's adult theater, the whole weekend of adult theater, and you're tired, and you've done three performances and you're spent. And then I woke up this morning and I went, I feel.
Speaker 2: Like I got a little bit of a cold, so we'll just do it at about sixty percent.
Speaker 1: So then I came in and I said, I know you wanted me to talk a lot, but I got a bit of a cold. And he said, I've got the same I've got the same thing. So we've got Kleenex and coughs and a little bit of a cold tea. But you know what, we are going to battle through it because it is Veterans Day.
Speaker 2: Listen to a lot of people have gone to work with a lot worse exactly, So I figure we can do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is Veterans Day.
Speaker 2: And one of the things that we wanted to do and we try to do the US on a regular basis, is honor those people who have served, regardless of political party, regardless of election status, regardless of ballot counts. They have signed up and have decided to defend our country against all enemies foreign in dovesty that is, you know, kind of a trite way to put it, but some men and women have given their lives for us to be able to do stuff like this.
Speaker 1: So we want you to let us know about veterans in your family about their service. You can hit us up on the talkback feature and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: I believe you only have thirty.
Speaker 1: Seconds, so something to keep in mind there maybe kind of cocktail necked in your way through the story. Make sure we get all the points. You can let us know on Facebook, Gary and Channon Twitter. What have you veterans if you're a veteran veterans that you served with veterans in your family. We want to get to as many as possible, so.
Speaker 3: We'll do that throughout the day today.
Speaker 2: We'll check in with you guys and honor those veterans that you know of or maybe you yourself. We would love to extend a hand of thank you for your service, and we'll get into some of the other stuff that's going on today. And one of the things we wanted to do is kind of point out a couple of a couple of charities. Listen, you don't have to give to a veterans charity, but what better day to think about giving to a veterans charity than today. And there were a couple that we wanted to point out simply because we have friends that are associated with them, or that they were suggested to us, because they are good at what they do, really down on the ground, sort of boots on the ground, basic work that needs to be done to help serve the men and women who have served for us. And one of those is Vets for Veterans VETS the Number four Veterans.
Speaker 1: Vets for Veterans was founded by Tom Hills and degger I may be doing that wrong. Hills and Deggar and a group of Vietnam combat veterans who were attending a PTSD group in the Analyope Valley Vet Center, and they say they learned through their own healing process that staying busy doing good was where we needed to be. So the goal here is to assist any veteran that needs help, whether it be medical, dental, assistance, help in pursuing education, or just daily living situation issues. This is all about providing support for the young warriors as they returned, readjust to life in the community there in the Antelope Valley.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And one of the things that we've talked about many times before, not even necessarily in this context of veterans, but just anybody. If you're trying to get out of a rut that you find yourself in, one of the ways to do that is to think about someone else and to do something for someone else, find another reason to live outside of yourself. And this is one of the things that they're doing this on both ends. Not only are they helping the veterans who may be homeless of chronic health issues or whatever it is, it's the veterans that are helping those other veterans.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're giving.
Speaker 2: Each other something to do, which is one of the reasons why we wanted to point it out.
Speaker 1: Tom Hills and Dagger no longer with us, died in twenty twenty, but he said that the mission of Vets for veterans was if we can stop one VET from getting a divorced, save a family, If we can stop one VET from living on the streets, one from suicide.
Speaker 4: Then everything's been worth it.
Speaker 1: He grew up in southern California, went into the Army in nineteen sixty eight, trained at Fort Ord, California, went on to Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri for advanced training. He was in Vietnam sixty nine and seventy assigned to the thirty first Engineers, worked with the first Calvalry stationed at Elze Buttons and.
Speaker 2: One of the things they also do if VETS for Veterans awards scholarships to veterans who are attending Annelote Valley College, awarded through the Annalote Valley Scholarship Foundation. Very prestigious last year presented over two hundred thousand in scholarships to av College students, and VETS for Veterans is a part of that process, and they offer scholarships designed specifically and solely for veterans. So it's one of the great things that you can do. Again, you can we'll throw a link up on our social media so that you can check it out that way, but you can also just go to av vets the number four Veterans dot Org. Av Vets for Veterans dot Org.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we've got some picks that have come in for the incoming administration. Last night, Trump announced that Tom Homan, who served as the acting director of ICE in the last administration, in his last administration, will be the borders are Remember, as everyone loses their mind over America voting for misogyny and fascism and racism, what America truly voted for was the border issue.
Speaker 4: And the economy.
Speaker 1: So seeing movement on those right away is nice to see.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk about some of these new potential cabinet positions that have already been talked about. He excluded a couple of people over the weekend too. Did you see that. No, these two people will not be part of my administration. What did they do? Well, they broke their loyalty, That's what it was. But it was surprising to me that he would even meant, why would you even say, just don't pick them.
Speaker 1: You don't have to put people on notice. You go against me, you get called out for.
Speaker 3: It, I guess. So there's that. We'll talk about that.
Speaker 2: Also, this phone call that supposedly took place between President elect Trump and Vladimir poop oh.
Speaker 1: And also Trump is giving Gavin Newsom oxygen, which Gavin Newsom probably loves.
Speaker 2: He's just what was smoldering is now a little fire, little fire.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: We're about thirty percent, so by ten, I don't know who's going to be in here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it might be the Clay Rochow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Clay.
Speaker 3: Why is he laughing?
Speaker 1: I don't know why he's laughing. I think it's from being very serious.
Speaker 2: Gary and Shannon I AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio. This is it's like another cigarette, Gary and she had it after dark or after two packs or something.
Speaker 4: It's sounds like my fourth grade teacher. This is Clark. She smoked like I think she's still.
Speaker 3: With us, seventh grade algebra teacher.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I remember smelling Delores Strong.
Speaker 1: My grandmother went to her grave very upset with me that I never picked Dolores as my confirmation name. But I remember smelling missus Clark it's seen as a Bella's and thinking I like that smell. And then I went on to smoke Marlborough lights for a solid decade. She got me hooked, is what she did.
Speaker 2: Banks, libraries, courts all closed today for Veterans Day, but Wall Street is open, and Wall Street continues to like this, this whole potential Trump presidency or I shouldn't say potential, I should say it's inevitable. The Dow is up three hundred and forty six more points today. Yeah, and that's down from earlier highs s and P five hundred is up about ten. The Nasdaq has slipped just a little bit into negative territory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, check out your investment accounts if you want to start feeling better.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, kid, Speaking of investment accounts, here's a shot for you to win a thousand bucks.
Speaker 5: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website. Check.
Speaker 3: That's check C H E. C.
Speaker 5: K Eder It now at KFI AM six forty dot com, slash cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, winning is everything, call the Winning Attorneys.
Speaker 3: It's Sweet James.
Speaker 5: One eight hundred nine million. That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 3: Again, that word is check. Keep it.
Speaker 2: Keep an eye on your email inbox because that's how we notify you that you won your thousand dollars. Today is Veterans Day and we're taking calls from you, talkback messages, social media messages to point out veterans in your family that you want to make sure that we honor today.
Speaker 3: How about this ELMRI. Give me this computer over here, give me that one right there.
Speaker 6: Happy Trend's Day. Emerson Johnson, Sergeant, Marine Corps.
Speaker 3: I'm going to start that over for full honor.
Speaker 6: Happy Veterans' Day to my father, Hal Emerson Johnson, Sergeant, Marine Corps. Enlisted in nineteen forty one Pearl Harbor, served in the Japanese theater, came home, got married to my mom in forty six. I was born in fifty four, and it took a long time for me to get born because he didn't right from the war over to Korea and served in that war. So God, love your dad. I just love you so much.
Speaker 3: And thirty seconds, sorry.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I want to think my two sons. My second oldest one is in the Army Rangers right now. It spent two years, and my youngest son is in boot camp getting ready to go through rass for the Army Rangers. My dad was in the Navy. I was in the Navy, and my younger brother was at the Marines.
Speaker 3: Thank you, no, thank you. It's a whole family right there, Hi, Gary and Shannon. Today Veteran's Day.
Speaker 8: I like to remember my dad. Remember Mike Robert Barnick. He was a medic in the Korean War. He worked the front lines.
Speaker 3: He saved a lot of people. He saved people on both sides.
Speaker 8: He said, he gave more penicillin shots to North Koreans and Chinese than you could ever imagine. So thanks, Dad, did a great job.
Speaker 3: Thanks for sharing that.
Speaker 1: I love seeing because now I'm of age where kids are becoming of age. Of my friends and a handful of them I've chosen to go into the military. And the pride that I see in people you know that I went to high school with and everything, it's just it's got to be one of the most proudest moments to see your child, who you raised choose to serve the country. I mean, that's got to be a really huge on the list of proud moments, got to be up there.
Speaker 2: I had a I had a girlfriend whose brother was kind of a what's the right word. He was a lost he was a lost teenager.
Speaker 4: Was this Valentina?
Speaker 3: No? Was this?
Speaker 1: I have a hard time keeping all your girls in.
Speaker 3: I know it was neither one of the one. Was it Angela?
Speaker 1: Angela? I always forget Angela, but.
Speaker 3: That was the one I was engaged to.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's why I forget her. I'm still pissed what she did to you.
Speaker 2: She had kind of a brother who was who was couldn't find his way and join the army and the pride with which to your point, her family when they went to his graduation at Fort Lewis Wood, it was I mean just I didn't go, but the pictures, I mean there.
Speaker 1: You've got to be so thankful to the military for turning around a life or just giving a path and sometimes that's what you need, or the team and order and purpose right.
Speaker 3: And they couldn't give it to him, but he found it there. Good morning, you sick bastards.
Speaker 9: I just want to say thank you to my grandfather who fought in World War One. He was a Navy pilot, believe it or not, biplanes and throwing bombs outside of the cockpit down. I just want to thank him for his service and everyone else too happy veteran state.
Speaker 2: That's badass. You don't hear many World War One pilots. Yeah, and they literally, I mean they would literally carry bombs with them and drop them out to this side of the plane.
Speaker 4: It's incredible. That's so cool. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think you too necessarily. Okay.
Speaker 2: So there's a report from the Washington Post that President elect Trump spoke with Vladimir Putin on Thursday in a phone conversation that he took from his home in Florida, and allegedly asked Putin not to escalate the war in Ukraine and reminded him that we the United States, have a metric pantload of American soldiers ready to fight in Europe. It was one of several calls that Trump took from other leaders from around the world in the hours after he won the presidential election. He also apparently spoke with Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelenski. The Kremlin has denied reports that there was ever such a phone call that took place. Kremlin spokesman said the reports where pure fiction. Trump's team told the BBC that it would not comment on the president elects private calls in fact, a communications director for the Trump campaign, says, we do not comment on private calls between President Trump and other world leaders. While all that's going on, we did see that Russia has apparently amassed forty thousand of its shoulders soldiers and about ten thousand of those free agents from North Korea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right along the border there. I wonder what the move is hard they're gonna send North Korean soldiers in there. And remember the last report we got was from the Russian front lines, where.
Speaker 4: They're like, what the hell do we do with these guys?
Speaker 1: And they're all gorging on porn. They're very distracted.
Speaker 2: Mention this also as we get more details about who is going to be in the president's inner circle for the next administration. He wrote on Saturday, did Trump that Nicki Haley and Mike Pompeo will not be asked to join the administration?
Speaker 1: Well, Nicki Haley basically went through campaign season just saying hold your nose and vote for Trump. She was not an ardent supporter. She wasn't like Tulci Gabbard, she wasn't a surrogate. She did not, you know, show up with him. She basically just said vote for the policies points not the guy, and he is all about popularity and be popular and letting you know. He loves the kissing of the ring and people showing up next to him.
Speaker 4: The loyalty, the loyalty. It was not unfettered.
Speaker 2: But listen to how nice this is. This is his post from social media on Saturday. I will not be inviting former Ambassador Nicki Haley or former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to join the Trump administration. I very much enjoyed and appreciated working with them previously and would like to thank them for their service to the country.
Speaker 1: Part of it is he made it sound just because I know the way he thinks, because I was also a middle school, cutthroat teenage girl. He lulled them into thinking, all right, come to my side and I'll hook y all up. I know that we were not friends and we both said things against each other, but come right on my train. But he doesn't forget. He doesn't forget the things that Nicki Haley said before she kind of fell in line as much as she was going to fall in line.
Speaker 4: He is a very long memory.
Speaker 1: For people that talk rudely about him, it does not. Once you've gone there, you don't come back. We all know people like this. Once they've decided about you, they're not going to change their minds. Oh, it's like what happened to Chris.
Speaker 3: CHRISTI I saw him this weekend. He does not look healthy.
Speaker 1: Ember when Chris Christie was lulled into being the lapdog for Trump after all he said, and then he just said, f and you Chris Christie.
Speaker 3: He had that kidnapped look in his.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh my god, don't fall for it.
Speaker 3: Let us know which veterans you would like to honor.
Speaker 2: You can leave us messages on the talkback feature on the iHeart app and also on social media.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM.
Speaker 2: Six forty officials say that Russian glide bombs and drones in a ballistic missile hit some cities in southern and eastern Ukraine. At least six civilians have been killed thirty others injured. Ukraine's President, vladimir's Lenski said Russia recently intensified some strikes civilian areas in an apparent effort to wear down the willingness of Ukrainians to keep up a war we're almost at a thousand days of that since the Russian invasion into Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Well, the fire in Ventura County has grown to more than twenty thousand acres. We're talking thirty one square miles. Think about that for a minute. I mean that is.
Speaker 2: In just a short amount of I mean it was really the first two days that that thing exploded and then it's still burning.
Speaker 1: Four and a half. San Francisco's twenty six percent contained. Last night, they said up to thirty six as of this morning. Okay, well, that's good news. That it jumped ten percent overnight. That means they got a handle on it and they've contained it and they put a line around it. And then the northeast, they've had fires there, in fact, one that killed eighteen year old New York Parks and playe killed by a falling tree while battling a fire just what twenty five miles outside of Manhattan.
Speaker 2: The Jennings Creek wildfires burning in Passaic County and New Jersey, close to the New York state line. It's up to about three thousand acres, about ten percent contained, about twenty five structures threatened in that area. There was a small amount of rain, they said on Sunday night, but wasn't enough to really make a difference in that firefight.
Speaker 1: They say that the dry conditions, strong winds historically bad, that they've created the perfect conditions. We know how that goes three counties and Jersey experiencing a rare extreme drought. The rest of the state has severe or moderate drought conditions. The authorities there say it's the driest fall in New Jersey since records began. Fire teams have been called to five hundred and thirty seven reports in New Jersey since October first.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Much of the Northeast, like you said, experiencing a record lack of rain. Some areas like Philadelphia, they have not seen any rain or had not seen any rain for forty two days until that rain that fell just last night, which is, you know, forty two days for us is nothing to go without rain, but they usually get you know, afternoon thunderstorms and things like that. When we were in Philly eight years ago, it rained. I think it rained five out of the seven nights that we were there. So today is Veterans Day. You can let us know which veterans you would like to honor by leaving us a message on the talkback feature on the iHeart app.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Garyan Shannon. My grandfather Army World War II corporal Purple Heart POW for six months, my father retired Lieutenant Colonel Marine Corps veteran Vietnam, ME retired Marine Iraqi Freedom and also as a private contractor Afghanistan for four years. Thank you all veterans and civilians who have served our country and our military Heavy Veterans day.
Speaker 4: What a family.
Speaker 11: That's quite a hi, Garyan Shannon. I would love for you to honor my grandfather, Robert E. Stillwell, who was a mechanical engineer in World War Two. He served in Patent's Army and fought in the Battle of the Bulge. Recently he passed away here in Riverside, California, at the age of one hundred years old and lived a very honorable, wonderful life. And just want to thank all the veterans for their service.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I've read a little shout out to my dad. Florian Brisky, world War two VET Navy.
Speaker 5: Name.
Speaker 4: I was just going to say, Florian Florian Brisky. Do you want to change your name?
Speaker 1: You want to ditch funds and go with Florian Brisky that is his great name.
Speaker 12: Tanker ship was actually sunk by a Kamakazi submarine. That's right, they existed called a kitan great great father. I'm no longer with us and I miss him every day.
Speaker 4: Sorry, how do you spell Florian r n I am yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 13: That's Helloha, Gary and Channon. I'd like to remember my mom and dad, both marines World War Two, Dorothy and Dan R. George. I'd like to also remember well, I just love them anyhow they're gone. And also to Steve Garnan who served as a Navy medic, to our marines in Vietnam, and jeff Nardetez who served in Vietnam, and to Pat Tillman and to his brother who served as Army rangers. Thank you, you guys for honoring aloha.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 14: I'd like to say Happy Veteran's Day to my dad, Don Ambrose. He served in three wars World War two, first Wave that landed on Okinawa, Vietnam, and Korea, and he's still alive at ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Man, I'd love to sit down with that guy. Stories. Man, Stories, I'm wondering.
Speaker 1: I just googled Flow and Brisky because now I'm obsessed with that name. Sure, and I'm wondering if this is the same Flory and Brisky, if that is his son Charles, because he makes decoys. It's the decoy carving business, which is also of great interest to me.
Speaker 3: Like duck decoys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why would duck decoys be of great interest too.
Speaker 1: Because I think they're fascinating. I love duck decoys. We've never talked about this.
Speaker 3: Who are you?
Speaker 2: Are you on cold medication right now? Because I have not recognize that at all.
Speaker 1: I just I have a one of my best friends and she went out with a guy and he's no longer with us, God rest his soul. But he had a bunch of duck decoys. I was like, the decoration of his home was like all duck decoys.
Speaker 4: Thought that was so cool.
Speaker 3: It's so weird.
Speaker 1: They're all painted differently beautiful. Okay, to use them for a hunting I know how to use them.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know why you use them. I don't know if I've I've never been duck hunting.
Speaker 1: What you do is you use the decoys to the other ducks, and you paint them and your beautiful colors to make them attractive.
Speaker 3: So that ducks.
Speaker 4: Ducks think they're getting some ducktail and.
Speaker 1: Then a boom and then boom and then boom.
Speaker 3: We have a monkey update when we come back.
Speaker 1: Amy's from Oregon. She knows all about duck decoys.
Speaker 3: Are you an.
Speaker 2: Oregon Oregon state? You're an Oregon Oregon state? Oh, you are in Oregon.
Speaker 4: She's a beaver.
Speaker 2: Okay, my in laws, but both of my my wife's parents are Oregon state.
Speaker 4: Oh, they're beaver's too. Not ducks, not ducks.
Speaker 3: They do not, we do not. We do not confuse the two.
Speaker 1: Now you do I want to be Yeah, it's like Washington and Washington State.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI A M six forty this week.
Speaker 2: There's never been a wee. I think that has proven to me that John Coblt's practice of his.
Speaker 1: Quiet, dark staring room, Yeah, he's got something there.
Speaker 3: He is he has tapped into this.
Speaker 1: Well and he would go into the staring room for the afternoons or the mornings, or when he would get home from work, way before smartphones. I mean, he's been talking about the staring room for years, just realizing the importance of sitting in the dark and staring at a wall in silence for a prolonged period of time. How good that is for your brain and your overall wellness. And it's even more important now that we are bombarded with social media and news alerts and ping ping ping ping, ring ring ring, all of these things.
Speaker 2: Well, it's almost like this was kind of a joke that was running around last night as I was getting ready for the show, because my voice was a little ragged going into the show last night. Yeah, and there's a lot of people that have a lot more experience singing, and you know, throat care and this is the tea and don't use that kind of honey. Make sure you drink the turmeric ginger shot, whatever it is. And one of them said, it was like a I remember some concoction that she suggested I drink, and basically it was to reset your vocal cords, which clearly didn't work great.
Speaker 1: But did you know the chain of custody on that drink or you just taking drinks from women?
Speaker 3: She was telling me how to make it.
Speaker 2: She wasn't gonna give it, okay, But I thought, so, you're just telling me to turn it off and turn it back on and we do that every day, right. Ideally, you you go to bed, you turn off your brain. Basically there's some remnants of whatever synapses are still firing, which is why you dream and stuff. But as long as you can hit that that sweet spot of completely turning off your brain and then turning it back on the next morning is the cleansing process that we all go through.
Speaker 3: And that just seems like such a great idea.
Speaker 1: Why people say sleep on it, Yes, totally sleep on it, turn it off, turn it back on, and see if you still feel the same way.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go make a cup of tea. By the way, I looked. What kind did you bring?
Speaker 3: I brought that kind?
Speaker 4: Oh throat coat? Yeah, that's my mom swears by that. Did she tell you that?
Speaker 1: Did you call my mom because you know her extensive singing history?
Speaker 3: Well, I couldn't call my mom.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Well true.
Speaker 1: It's true. The monkeys guys scoreboard. Yeah, it's not a competition. No, it's the MACCOX. More than half of the maccos that were on the loose that escaped from that lab have been recovered.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, more than half, more than half.
Speaker 1: As of last night, twenty five of the forty three maccox that broke loose have been captured. All the maccocks wanted was a little piece of freedom. They wanted to go out there, go into the streets, do what maccos do to live their lives. They didn't want to be prodded and tested and all of the things that go on in that lab. And I think that there should at least be somebody that comes to the defense of the maccox. I don't know why we haven't heard from animal rights groups that say that the things that the maccoks are going through is not okay and we should fight to keep them free. Do you really remember that woman, Remember the woman who rescued the lobster lobby Joe?
Speaker 11: Where is she?
Speaker 3: Uh? Probably working in the lobster restaurant?
Speaker 4: Now I could call her.
Speaker 1: We have her contact information, don't we.
Speaker 2: She's feeling a bit under the weather. Oh that's what I hear. But these were all juvenile female monkeys, to the point where they were so young they hadn't been experimented upon yet allegedly. I don't believe that.
Speaker 4: Don't always believe what they tell you. Why not ask questions? Think about what do they want you?
Speaker 3: To believe.
Speaker 1: They don't want you to believe that they've let free forty three diseased monkeys, and so the streets and think about the liability number goes way. They've already been fined what twenty thousand dollars something like that. If these were diseased monkeys, the place would be shut down.
Speaker 3: I do like that they know exactly where they are.
Speaker 2: They say that they are still active along the fence line and that they have bedded down in the.
Speaker 3: Trees for the night.
Speaker 2: Guantanam obey, Yeah, I guess. And how there's no fence that's going to stop a Reese's monkey.
Speaker 1: I eat breakfast two hundred yards from three thousand. I don't remember how it goes. It's been a long time. It's been about forty years since you saw the movie. It'sn't been that long.
Speaker 4: No, I watched it the other night.
Speaker 15: Actually, hey, Gary, and I would like to thank my dad, Alfredo Arsnaga, the vet who served in the Navy way back when. Sorry I don't know the years, but he was on the USS Raynier and he told me he joined when he was seventeen and he was so s sick he carried around the bucket with him for the first fourteen days, and he threw open regularly.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, it's wild to get used to that.
Speaker 1: One of my friends calls a few good men, a few good scenes, and when you start to think about it, that's funny.
Speaker 4: Spot on that.
Speaker 3: It's really funny. Hey, Gary and Shannon, Bob and Big Beer.
Speaker 16: First of all, Shannon, hope you guys feel better. The bug is going around, but yeah, you hit the nail on the head. A lot of people join, not for patriotic reasons, but for my reason was just to get out of the house, you know, plagued with drugs and alcohol. You know, you could have followed that path, but joining the Marine Corps kind of set a different path and I was thankful for it.
Speaker 3: So anyway, have an awesome day.
Speaker 4: Thanks again, Love you guys, Thanks man. Thanks Bob.
Speaker 1: One of my friends that works on the sideline a ball I call them ball men because it'd be ball boys, but they're usually men. They're all men. Actually, none of them are boys.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Scott is his name, and he comes up to me yesterday he goes, so did you watch Outbreak? And it's funny because I started watching it? Or you did, and my husband's like, what are you watching? I'm like, outbreak. You're not really gonna watch this, are you? You know this isn't a movie for you. And I watched about ninety seconds of it and realized this is not a movie for me.
Speaker 4: So I did not fulfill that promise.
Speaker 3: Well, it's still a good movie even if it's not for you. It's a good movie.
Speaker 2: Sure, all right, more local stuff when we come back. Also, don't forget we are honoring your veterans. Let us know who you'd like to give a shout out to on this Veteran's Day. Send us a talkback message on the iHeart app. Remember it's thirty seconds, so we got to compile that stuff in there. You can leave a couple if you want, but we'll get to those throughout the show today.
Speaker 4: Next Hungary and Shannon.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear a live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.