Speaker 1: Stuck at home board and alone.
Speaker 2: You'd think I could have some fun.
Speaker 1: On my own, but not all.
Speaker 2: I af with Cecily and Stephanie.
Speaker 1: What's up, everybody? Welcome to board a FU. We're recording this a little bit early, so if the world, you know, spins off its access, you'll understand. Oh it already, did it already spun off its here's the thing, it does it even more? I mean, look that, but that's what That's not what the show is like. Our show is not talking about invading and capturing presidents of other countries or an American gestapo.
Speaker 2: We talk about things.
Speaker 1: Just became all politics. I've loved politics, but kind of uninformed. Just I mean, that's fucking brilliant. Okay, sind the curtain. We will just rage listen to us. It's like we have a lot of opinions. And then they're like, what, no, did you guys even really do you even know the history? And we're like, no, we don't. You know? What peak behind the can I share a peak behind the curtain, which is that we sometimes get curious as to what people are listening to, and recently we were like, who, what are the biggest podcasts? And we looked it up and him like this shit some bullshit like political nonsense, and then I had the bright idea. I'm like, what why don't we do that? And then that that is what you're saying we could do sort of an uninformed just too ladies Gavin about Venezuela. That could be the name of the podcast, very specific. We don't really We're like.
Speaker 2: What's that guy's name again that they have and his wife?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Who are they again?
Speaker 1: And we don't know, We don't like and I can't my phone's not working, can't really look it up. It's like we just don't like the idea of just going in and like helicoptering a guy out. That's crazy to me. Yeah, and it is kind and crazy though, why can't then other countries do that to us? Why do we think we can just go and do that in Venezuela but they can't come do that to us? Like what isn't another country come in and just pick you know, like you know when you go to like an arcade and they have those little arms. You pay and you have a little arm that can pick up the toy. Yes, you can use that little mechanical arm. Clag game. Yeah, it's very hard. Why can't they claw game Trump? I'm not even kidding, or anybody that they want for any re Like, why why can't Denmark do that?
Speaker 2: I'm not even kidding. It just occurred to me, like, wow, why can we do it?
Speaker 1: I don't know? But who do we ask? I guess one of those political podcasts that's doing very well. We could phone in, Hey, you guys have a phone line. We have questions. No there, I don't think there is an answer. I think you can't do that. You definitely can't do what he did. You're not so no, and the nuts and then no one's saying and no one's doing anything. Everyone's feeling like wait a minute, because then we can't even catch our breath from the last thing.
Speaker 2: This is how it happens.
Speaker 1: And then you're like, but what about the whole thing where we just invaded a country that we'd not even mentioned was an issue? Wasn't like a world war, right, where we go in and fight a war and then win or lose?
Speaker 2: But like what?
Speaker 1: Well? I Sometimes stuff too comes across where you're like, did you know that Trump said that aliens stole the election? Aliens as in like alien space aliens.
Speaker 2: Shut up, No he didn't. Yes, what do you mean he meant a.
Speaker 1: He meant like illegal, that's how he calls them. Uh okay, did Trump did mean space? See, this is exactly what our show is going to be. You're going to say something like that, and I'm like, the he meant he's an idiot. He meant like not undocumented people. But he would call them illegal aliens because that's how they used to call them. But let's see. The Guardian says Trump would have believed aliens stole votes. Key Ally reportedly told jury, uh, let's see if they mean he definitely doesn't mean space. First of all, look, homeboy crazy, this is exactly the pot you guys get ready, I was space aliens. But maybe this is says According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, they put out a good podcast. By the way, an unnamed juror described Senator Lindsey Graham and a close Trump ally as saying, during that time, if somebody had told Trump that aliens came down and stole trump ballots, Trump would have believed it. Well, that's just something that somebody said, right, But that then that became that got into the zeitgeist. I don't hate it. I don't hate it. Zeitgeist is the right word. And uh, yeah, this is what our show is going to be. What do you think? Do you guys like it? Or yay your nae?
Speaker 2: Do you love it?
Speaker 1: Because like, listen, tell your friends. We already already had to google something. This was the whole podcast. It shouldn't be a podcast that no one would listen to where people are just saying things and then having to google whether it's the stupid podcast.
Speaker 2: When you ever listen to that. He does that constantly. I was shocked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like watched clips used to come through until I turned off, until I blocked the algorithm and uh and they're like, yeah I would. He would google everything all day and take long time doing it too. Yeah. So kind of sometimes dumb shit too, like like we did just now right, like dumb shit speaking of oh you know what you know what's not dumb ship? Oh yeah. Acorn are one of our sponsors, which really hit home with me because I am someone who, like a lot of us, I think, who doesn't always make the best financial decisions. And it's not because I'm dumb, It's because I just never had a lot of money to invest, and I really just wouldn't know where to start. It's really it can feel overwhelming and complicated. But there's this cool Acorns app, which is it's sort of all in one, right. You don't have all these different apps cluttering your phone. You just have one place where you can save, learn how to save your money, invest and like give your money a chance to grow. Even if it's like tiny, tiny bit. You could start with like five dollars. So I'm going to tell you how to do this. Sign up now, and Acorns will boost your new account with a five dollars bonus investment. Join over fourteen million all time customers who've already saved and invested over twenty seven billion dollars with Acorns. Head to acorns dot com, slash Rosepricks, or download the acorns app to get started. But and I swear by this, you guys, yeah, paid non client endorsement compensation provided incentive to positively promote Acorn's Tier two. Compensation provided potential subject to various factors such as customers, accounts, age, and investment settings. Does not include Acorns fees. Result do not predict or represent the performance of any Acorns portfolio. Investment results will very investing involves risk. Acorn Advisors, LLC and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. View important disclosures at acorns dot com. Slash Rose Bricks. Nice. Okay, we have a couple interesting fun I had a little argument over on threads. Okay, I'm gonna start I mean, if that's okay, I'm just gonna start with that. It's not It wasn't anything crazy, but it was the kind of thing that would I know, you'll get this, like it's really going to annoy you.
Speaker 2: It's really gonna annoy you.
Speaker 1: And it's one of those things that like, I'm sure you're gonna be on my side on this. I want. One of the things about being bored af is and I've had to I've had to recognize this quality in myself over the years. I think I like to be annoyed.
Speaker 2: Oh me too, I think sometimes, yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: But it gives me something to like chew on. I like I like to complain. And what maybe people don't realize is I like to complain because I think it's funny. I think it's fun and brings people together to complain about the same thing. But I don't carry it around you know that I can, I can let I can have fun and process a complaint. And I think more people should embrace their annoyances.
Speaker 2: I one percent agree with that one percent.
Speaker 1: So I'm always going to be on your side if you I know, of course, the on this Now, all right, this lady, it doesn't matter her name, but she is a lady. She posted on threads this is so annoying. She posted like a picture of someone holding up a sign. You know, it's like a meme or something, and it just says, think fast, what's nine minus four plus two times two? Hey, you guys, if you're playing at home, go ahead and write that down nine minus four plus two times two. First of all, I hate this shit. We used to talk about those quit you know, those things was like if the yellow man talks to the orange man and the what you know, like Simus is like what color was the umbrella? Oh? Shut up? But also the problem with math is that most of them have to do with it. You know, I'm a person who's read a ton of these on Facebook and try to figure them out. But what is that rule? And now when at Google pendas I get to it. I'm going to get to it. Just trust me. Okay. So first of all, I'm annoyed that that's even coming through my threads. That is not and I'm I'm sad that I engage because now I'm going to get a.
Speaker 2: Lot of these.
Speaker 1: This person writes, this person puts that up there, right, and they write the answer is nine. And the amount of people arguing against that is honestly terrifying and says a lot shut up, what is never made.
Speaker 2: You're the least. You're the least. I hate you the most.
Speaker 1: I mean even maybe even more than Trump, honestly, if I'm honest about this. Okay, So I write a lot of there's a lot of comments, and a lot of people are arguing.
Speaker 2: They're like, no, it's one, it's fourteen, you know whatever they're saying.
Speaker 1: So there's hundreds of five hundred comment I write, hey, gen X are here. If they had tried this shit when I was in school, I'd have stood up and said I'm not doing this. Okay.
Speaker 2: So then somebody writes back to me, Penn.
Speaker 1: Does was taught to you in school and you just don't remember apparently, Oh my god, now I'm kind of mine's a joke sort of also I'm like, yeah, And I thought about what I would have done in maths, and I probably would have stood up and been like, yeah, I'm not doing this.
Speaker 2: Amout.
Speaker 1: Somebody else had a funny there's a funny story about that in a second. But I was just like this is this is crazy. So then I wrote I was trying to be nice, and I wrote I swear this was not taught to me. Maybe not a Texas thing, right, And so then this really pissed me off. The same person wrote back, No, I have gen X family that went to school all over Texas, so you have, like, what an aunt that went to school all over Texas? Not you yourself. You're young, you don't know what I'm talking about, and said it was definitely taught. Also, I have parents in their late fifties early sixties, and it was taught back then too, So you absolutely learned it.
Speaker 2: You just don't remember.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I heard that, which.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna unheart now. I don't know why I heard that.
Speaker 1: Then this guy popped in to help me. He was like, yeah, Michigan native here gen extra as well. I went to both private and public schools. Never was I taught heemda's right. Then the other person popped back in, yes they did, Yes they did. They likely just called it order of operations or or bob Ma's.
Speaker 2: Shut up, shut up, like are you kidding?
Speaker 1: So then this guy wrote, heemdas is now Bobna's Well, I have all my report cards from the seventies and eighties, so I'll review them. I mean, this is just like, why are we fighting? Then she writes back, I assume it's a she. It's the same thing, just another name. It's been referred to as over the years, and there's so much more of people like fighting with me that like I know, but not you know who's not fighting with me? Or gen xers who went to school in Texas who actually were in those math classes, who one hundred percent was not taught that, which I should explain what that is?
Speaker 2: What we're you even talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the order of operation. I guess maybe they did, but not at arts, not at my performing arts high school. No, they didn't.
Speaker 2: We had other things.
Speaker 1: To worry about, and I promise you it was not that we had mine and movement.
Speaker 2: I did not have time to think about multiplication. I'm so mad.
Speaker 1: I suld I hate that deep, but well, do you know how to get out of a box?
Speaker 2: No, you weren't taught that, were you? What's more important?
Speaker 1: How are you? First of all? In what world? Does it matter? Who's going to be like think fast nine? Mine is four plus two times two? How am I going to have to apply that swear to God in everyday life?
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 1: That's just a made up problem that we don't. That's just gonna fuck with our brains. I am so a fan of like learning and learning Shakespeare and the greats, and learning how to write well, and learning math. That's going to like help you in life. But that even if you were going to be like an astrophysicist or an engineer and you need math like you don't need that. That's just like a word problem that makes no sense, I guess. And they didn't know at the time that you know, I think I did. I'm sure I did learn pem dos at some point, So it's pem dos I'm calling it. I'm pest was silent in my Yeah, peen dos makes more sense. You're making it. That show Penis that was I love. I thought it was thirteen thirteen, me too, really, But here's the thing. Back at the time that we were learning, we had to learn it, nobody could have predicted that we would never need You would never Can you imagine if like a a nuclear physicist was just hand figuring out the math like yo, that you would not. You would be so upset if someone was like, no, no, no, no, I know how to do this. I have all these formulas memorized. I can just do it in my head. Better. No, use a calculator, please, for all of us, use a thing. Also, nobody's going to give you that thing. It's like, okay, yeah, this is very care like. If you don't do this right, it's gonna or whatever. Right which nine four plus five? Which way? No, you're going to give the exact Also, the way we did it back in the day, it wouldn't be nine mightus four.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't.
Speaker 1: There's no parentheses. I think maybe we had parentheses around stuff and they didn't really talk about the order because it was just told to you in the formula. You looked at it and you're like, okay, so I'm supposed to multiply that and then I do that or whatever. And even then I didn't care because I'll never care. I will never care. I think you just need basic math to be able to like add up you have some Let's say you got checks from a couple different places, you work at, Trader Joe's, you work at you know, a couple things. You got to add up what you need that like, Yeah, basic basic math is all you need.
Speaker 2: The rest is complete bullshit. And I hate it, and I'm and I'm.
Speaker 1: Not trying to sound like I'm not trying to sound like an idiot, but it's dumb. Let me tell you this little story, story time. Okay, And I've probably since we've been doing this show for five years, I'm sure that come up sixty six years. It has to have come up at some point. I just did basic math real quick. Six years.
Speaker 2: That is important. You can do back that way.
Speaker 1: So when I was in and I'm thinking this was ninth grade. Ninth grade is when approximately when you do algebra, yes, or for me.
Speaker 2: Eighth grade, I think for me, and I hated it.
Speaker 1: Well, my teacher's name was Miss Rosie, and this was the year maybe this was was this could this have been tenth grade? It could have been tenth grade as far as as as more as maybe this was like algebra two. Okay, so I think I might have had geometry in ninth grade and then algebra two. I remember it being impossible for me. I did not understand it. And I had this teacher who was so mean, and her name was Miss Rosie rozz I in case you're listening, I hated you. She was just like a military what you know, it really mean. And I always remember feeling so dumb in math, like just just everybody gets this. I don't understand. I would look around the room and people would know what they're doing, and so I just kind of gave up on myself, you know, I was like, well, I'm not going to remember this one. One time I got caught cheating in there because I wrote the formula on my hand. Not that I didn't have the answers. It's because in real life, you could have the formula on your hand. If that was your job, you would have the formula, right. And we've all heard all the stories about my memory, which has never been good. I've never been a person who could memorize a lot of stuff. So just whatever, whatever, Maybe it's an add thing. I don't know, but I had trouble memorizing, so I wrote down the formula on my hand. Ms Rozzi saw. She caught me, brought me up to the front of the room, sent me to like the principal's office, you know, gave me a zero on my test. But I really kind of gave up on myself in math. And this story is going somewhere, and I remember that I would get a test and I would be like, I'm not I'm not studying for this. I'll never remember these formulas. I got caught cheating in here at one point, so I would just not take the tests. And then she would take my paper and give me a zero and a big red zero and show it to the class and then crumple it up and throw it in the trash. What which fuck? Okay, Like, I guess since I wasn't taking the test, and your attitude was like, well, screw this student, I'm going to make an example of her. But here's here's the ending to this story. I felt shitty about myself in twelfth grade in I had I ended up having to take like remedial math in order to graduate high school because I had failed. I'd failed that math class, so I had to take something kind of easy. But here's the here's the thing. Not long after, when I was like nineteen and I had moved to LA, I got a job at a movie theater. And I, I think I've told you this story before. I worked at the Egyptian movie Theater on Hollywood. I did not know that because we've never I worked in a movie theater. Did we talk about did you have to wear the bow tie? I didn't have to wear a bow tie, but I had to wear a white shirt and black pants and black shoes. And I only had white shoes. And remember they fired me because I couldn't get the right color shoes. I actually don't remember that. I feel like I would remember that you worked at the Egyptian and so this is information. Oh well, I literally needed a job immediately upon like getting an apartment, so I had no money. So I walked down the street and I got I got a job at selling office supplies. But I also literally walked down the street there was a sign help wanted in the movie theater, walked in, got a job. But then they immediately said you need to have black shoes. And I didn't have any money, so I was like, well, let me get a paycheck that I'll buy some shoes. But anyway, I was the only person who could do math fast enough because in those days, the cash register didn't automatically. You had to add it up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah yeah. I went to the movie theater too. That was hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I was actually good at it. So that's like, fuck you, miss Rozzi. Because basic math is different than memorizing algebraic equations. Here's on mater it I actually needed. I had to be able to add up Hey, how much is two red vines, a large popcorn and a small diet coke. Well guess what. I could do that math in my head pretty easily, and none of my coworkers could. So when there was a big rush and they were like eight deep with customers, I was the one they called over there. Hey Stephanie, go clear this line because I could do the math in my head really fast. So yeah, it doesn't matter like all of this, like you need to be able to do this to pass high school. Now I'm done to six times three, Like you don't need that part. That's not going to come up in real life. It's so stupid. And this lady on threads uh says a lot these sorrifying to see the wrong answers. Who are you?
Speaker 3: In fact?
Speaker 2: Let me look at her. Let's break down who this lady is. I'd like to know.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say her name.
Speaker 2: Can I say her name?
Speaker 1: Why? Why? Why? Your name is Alex already Alex Horn swete horn k O R N s w I E T. Which sounds very scary sharing stories of daily life with my three boys and five hundred characters or a series.
Speaker 2: You're safe here? No, but you're you're not. I shouldn't have said her name. She's fine. I mean, she has her name on here like I'm not trying to she's I just don't.
Speaker 1: She didn't tell you a secret. You didn't. We didn't listen. Yeah, and she's she's okay, I'll tell you. I'm going to tell you a quick story about my math nightmare. Okay. And I think I was in high school as well, and so we had to do we had algebra in junior high and then again in high school one and two and I ours was doctor Kloss doctor class. She's very short hair, and she had been a nun and then she decided to come back and teach. Oh, and so our joke ever going to be good. No, no, and she and she we're just not like we just didn't think the same, you know what I mean. Huh, I'm going to say that doctor was probably a catwoman cat lady. She thought Jesus is the only person who should get anybody pregnant. And yeah she was, she was doing her best, but she just we just weren't the same kind of so like my friends and I especially my friend, my best friend at the time, Tanya.
Speaker 2: We would laugh, so.
Speaker 1: There's a story there because you're like my best friend. Well no, no, no, no, I love No, we're still friends, we just aren't as close, like drifted us apart.
Speaker 2: But no, I like Tanyalla, but no.
Speaker 1: She we would laugh so hard because doctor Klaus would come in and she would put a formula on the chalkboard and then she would circle like the like a something like a parenthesi or something that you're supposed to notice, you know, and she'd circle it like a thousand times, and then she'd.
Speaker 3: Go people, caution, caution, And that was our so just all day we'd just be like, hey, caution, caution. We gotta go to we gotta go to chemistry.
Speaker 1: Caution and so she would circle it because you're supposed to take notice of this thing like A equals B times whatever with parenthesy caution, decimal caution. And I hated it so much and I was so bad at it, and especially I think in junior high. I think I told you this, but I remember it was very important to me to have like all aids.
Speaker 2: That was really more me than my mom.
Speaker 1: You know. I was like obsessive and I was really upset that I couldn't. I was so bad at algebra. I was just couldn't. I didn't understand the same as you. And so my mom was like, well, let's get a tutor. So I had a tutor and it kind of helped, but not really. And then one night I had a big test. My mother, who has no boundaries at all, was I was freaking out about the test and I was like, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: She goes, oh, get in the car. So we get in the car and it's ten pm at night and she drives me to the tutor's house. My mother bangs on the door of this woman's house and she comes out in like a nightgown for some reason. But it's late like she probably is up at six for like school. She's probably a teacher as well. I never knew what she did on the who knew all? I knew she was just my tutor, you know, but she was probably up at six am to teach school and my mom and she probably went to bed at nine. My mom's banging on the door and she's like hello, and she's obviously asleep in a nightgown.
Speaker 2: My Mom's like, yeah, we need your.
Speaker 1: Help, and I know this. She's like okay, and I go in and I knew, like my brain wasn't formed enough, I guess to understand what exactly was happening, even though I knew it was awful and wrong and like this isn't how people act. But like I somehow over I was like, well, I'm here and I now have to take this lesson. Like I wanted to scream and go like please adopt me, get me out of here, Like what do I do?
Speaker 2: But I didn't. I didn't understand. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And so I don't. I think I passed the test, but I will never forget that moment.
Speaker 1: This is definitely take story, though it's not really a happy story for her. And it was so embarrassing, like, oh my god, I'm being dragged to my tutor's house at ten pm. Who's asleep for a test? That's pretty crazy. That's so crazy. Like the more I process it, could your mom have been bipolar?
Speaker 2: Oh that's are you serious? That's a really interesting question.
Speaker 1: Serious, her history with men impulsive? Right, I would say, I hate saying this, but I would say, and I'm going to say it because that's our show. She I would say borderline. Yeah, I not one hundred percent, though, I think she. I think there's a spectrum of everything. Yeah, she could have had bipolar two. You know that they have another there's like a sort of more mild, but she had I'm just going to say this because no one's gonna she had a bad things. She's like a really bad uti that was just making her psychotic about five years ago and I we had to had to put.
Speaker 2: Her in the hospital.
Speaker 1: Hospital. We were like, oh, she's having some kind of we thought dementia, you know, all kinds of things. And they, Uh, the first couple of nights, I was talking to the doctors like all day and they were like, we are testing her for what's called late stage late onset borderline. Hmm.
Speaker 2: They never really ruled it out completely.
Speaker 1: They didn't.
Speaker 2: We just didn't really come back to it.
Speaker 1: And then the UTI was found, so they were like, yeah, we think it's mostly that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, I guess.
Speaker 1: For borderline though I don't know. I think it's like a logical test. Oh well, I mean I think you can usually tell. I wouldn't say that my mom was manic though right now that that was a crazy moll.
Speaker 2: She was, you know what she was.
Speaker 1: She was entitled and demanding, so it was an entitlement to be able to like you are my servant tutor. That wasn't really manic, Like I don't have to use borderline, I mean bipolar, that's just crazy. Yeah. I think my father was borderline, I mean, was a bipolar card to but I don't remember. But then I wasn't really around him a lot, so he couldn't. But I don't remember him ever having the manic side of it either. I mean, but a hundred percent my grandfather was. They called it manic depressive in those days. Yeah, but I don't remember anybody being manic. No, my mom didn't have that. She also didn't have any delusions. She didn't think she was, like unless she had a UTI, but otherwise she didn't think she was. Yeah, but you can be. You can have bipolar without it going into like a psychotic episode. I mean maybe I don't think I don't think so, but it was really I'll never forget that. And that's also tied into math, which is probably why I'm so mad at this lady, Like I don't need you in my life. You know, I don't need like I didn't do anything. I was kind of making a joke like gen X are here whatever. Okay. A movie that I like really relate to the speaking of math is have you ever seen that movie Clothes a Beautiful Mind? That's just when I saw that, I was like, oh my god, thank you, me too. Just so interesting because I forgot to tell you we were talking about math one time.
Speaker 2: I was a janitor. Did you know that at an Ivy League school.
Speaker 1: I did know that. What first, we're finding out that I worked at the Egyptian Movie Theater and you were this is okay, go on. I was at well, wasn't technically ivyly, but it was at Columbia and I was in I had moved to New York.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know that I lived in New York for twenty years.
Speaker 1: And hey, hold on a minute, that that's a long time because I feel like I literally met you in your twenties. That's okay, go on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't want to. I'm not trying to. I'm not trying to tell me. I was by coastal, I flew back and had I had places in both ways. Anyway, that's totally makes sense, okay, yeah. Yeah, And at the school and then I saw the professor I'd put this formula up on the really difficult, you know, formula to solve on the chalkboard, and I just walked in and solved it. So I mean, fuck you, doctor Claus. You think so relatable? Yeah, no, I mean me and a beautiful mind and just like, oh see, like sometimes it's so hard to shut my brain off. It's just like equations, like like I just see it and it's flash, it's in flashes and it makes me crazy. Yeah, but you know he was schizophrenic, you do you know that? I mean, not that is, he was still very intelligent, but he also had some Mine is just how you relate. Yeah, I didn't have this schizophrenia. I was just like the the equate the math equations that I couldn't like. I was just like, oh, I'm I mean not was Amy always get a lot of always solving, always solving for X.
Speaker 2: That's us.
Speaker 1: I'm in fact, I'm kind of glad I didn't see that thread, but I did see a different thread, and that thread okay, so my phone got off of that thread. But now I'm getting back on.
Speaker 2: It's I'm wrong for saying her name. Who cares?
Speaker 1: Now? She she kind of just has We don't vibe about her. I'm gonna tell you something. We don't have a lot of listeners. It's only the sexy people. And alex clause is white is not. It doesn't.
Speaker 2: It sounds very like she didn't see it.
Speaker 1: You're gonna post that threat like I'm very worried, so worried for everyone. So this just made me laugh. This is just for fun and then we can we'll end on something different. But I just saw this and I was laughing out loud at some of the comments, which is okay. This This person wrote break bad news to teens by talking on their level. Me spinning spinning on chair, and daughter's room. Yo, turns out Grandma's heart is weak as okay, so then, but the comments are so funny. This person wrote, let's just say she's she's about to be muted in the chat. My guy, she's cooked Brah. Grandma is low key dying bro. Nana's new pronouns are was were, bam, just got smaller fam uh oh hi key, though she ain't making it twin uh po v p o V Grandma's funeral. This one wrote, not not granny about to be an ancestor hold on one of them? Okay, Nana about to eat bam no cap uh okay, it's not how kids talk. Yes, oh my god, I really really talked like that for real, though they're not being fr fr yeah yeah uh so. This person wrote, everyone understood the assignment and the replies The replies section needs to be put in a museum. This is as culturally significant as the Rosetta Stone, but for boomers and millennials.
Speaker 2: Yes, what about gen X?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Uh somebody wrote. Somebody wrote, which made me laugh out loud. She about to touch grass for real?
Speaker 2: For real.
Speaker 1: Grandma's life expectancy is in the skivity toilet. Okay. So Boom story time of how Grandma met Jesus. Oh my god. Okay, this one wrote, it's giving Grandma wants to be center of attention all the things that like, Oh my god, it's just really really funny, like she's dead gang. Yes, oh you should read this thread. You could just uh Okay. This one wrote, Hey guys, welcome to my channel. Big sigh. Oh I look pretty thanks. Chat So taps fingernails against casket for ASMR. We have an unboxing to talk about today. That's for as mrs. Why they tap their nails they're crazy ass fucking nails. Yes, my god, okay, I have something funny to tell you about that really quick. Yeah, well, a couple things that made me think of a couple things, and now my mind, my beautiful mind is scattered. No, I have a friend, hate I'm not.
Speaker 2: I just feel like I need to be held or I need like a dark room.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I need. Okay, scared and I'm cold. I want to go to sleep. No, don't go to sleep. Don't go to sleep. That's not even I don't think that's a thing anymore.
Speaker 2: I think it is. You cannot go to sleep with a head injury.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, okay, okay, you'll die for real, for real, for real, I'm dead. For I have a friend who has really bad musophonia, as do I, as do I think you. I forget what your best side is, for sure. But everyone has different musaphonias. One of mine is this, I'm going to do it for you again, but this drives me crazy. It light tapping on a laptop like sounds like this.
Speaker 2: Near that.
Speaker 1: No, you can't hear ear me, hold the mic down, weld on. Remember we can't hear music. Maybe the music. Okay. So one of my friend his is he does not like the sound of like a bag being wrestled like or opened, oh, wrestled like a lazed potato bag, or like anything. That's probably a common one, because don't you get like that feeling in movie theaters when people are doing something with it? Yeah? It to me, it's not the wrapper itself, it's the fact that they're wrapping it so slow and rabbit, just do it, Just pull the plug, take the band aid off. You know. That doesn't bother me that noise as much. But I found a piece of tape, like clear tape, and I started messing around and I'm going to play this for you. I hope you can hear it. But every time I'm on the phone with him, I do this, okay, and I don't. I'm going to do it, and he's just and he just hangs up. Ready I only heard it for one second. Yeah, I just heard the sound of a tape ripping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like me bawling it up.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: And it really and I kind of like it.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, what if I start in as whatever that is asmr R. Yeah, maybe I'll start a thing. But I watched a couple of those. There's one that's like, oh, it's the sound of like nails hitting the ground, I mean the most random things. And I didn't hate it. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. Or ice cracking. It was like a big iceberg.
Speaker 1: It was AI obviously, but it was like an iceberg, and it was like, first of all, that's sad, but the sound was kind of interesting. Remember when we had that listener and she's she doesn't listen anymore for sure, because she would have told us, yeah, I would stop listening too. She didn't like us tapping on our keyboard. Yeah, but remember how hard I tried to satisfy her. I uh, remember I went, I got house, Yeah yeah, like my mouse clip but like and I got a different mouse and she still said that I was scrolling too loud. Yeah yeah, I mean, but that's weird that you can't hear because it used to be you can't hear me typing.
Speaker 2: Now I guess that's good.
Speaker 1: We can't figure out setting in our zoom that we're going to fix.
Speaker 2: Will we fix it though, because we want to be able to play music?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a setting. It they changed the settings in the zoom and you have to take it off of It's something that we just have to We'll never know fix and we don't need to know. We don't need to know. No, we don't much time. Do we have Do we want to say a hi to our friends? Or do we have time for like one? No, we have We definitely have time for another story, you know. Look, Okay, well what we were going to talk about was, uh, I realized recently that when I tell stories, oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah, sometimes and not always, but sometimes I will put in information. Okay, it's very specific what I'm about to say. It's not that I put in too much detail. I'm not a detailed person because I don't really remember details. So it's not like he was wearing a red shirt and it was a blue shirt and it was a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: I don't do that.
Speaker 1: People do.
Speaker 2: I don't do that. But my thing is that I'll tell you. I'll be like, Okay.
Speaker 1: So I called him and he's like hello, and I'm like Hi, that's the part that we don't need. We could just get straight to the conversation and not that like he was like hello, and I was like, can I tell you something?
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, go ahead and tell me.
Speaker 1: We don't need the go ahead and tell me angle even if I was writing the story, we wouldn't need that. I don't know, and I've seen I hear myself on the podcast sometimes doing it. I you know where I remember? Okay, I was scrolling my own Instagram page. Do you ever do that? Scroll your own year old? So I found an old boord af that I had on our Instagram and it was when I was telling the story about the snake.
Speaker 2: And you love that story about my lad?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, And if you don't remember, I'll just really quickly remind you that it was a story about this woman who she had a pet snake and the snake got out and it was like laid in bed next to her and it had flattened itself out, and then she called animal control and they were.
Speaker 2: Like, get out of the house.
Speaker 1: And it turns out the snake was trying to like size itself up, like see if it could swallow her. And that was a real story, right, It was a real story, well told to me by an ex boyfriend who who's it was his friend who had happened to so, you know, not first it didn't happen to me, so it was third third hand, I guess. I mean, it just seems like a ghost story. I know, but when I was listening, there's so many layers this because when I was listening to me telling the story, part of the story was so she calls animal control, and animal control is like, what's going on? So she told them what was going on, and then it was like, okay, I could take out the she told them what was going on. I mean, I'm a fast talker, so it's not too terrible. I guess I'm just very I notice people when their stories are too long, and I was like, I could do better. Okay, I'm going to go ahead and and I'm going to push back okay, because I think that that you have a really good storytelling sense, thank you. And when you are telling a story that sometimes a story has to have a bunch of detail in order to make the ending like hit hard, okay, like you don't want to run through it and then and then and the then you just get to the end too quickly, right, You want to build tension, yeah, like oh where you need the feeling of like okay, where's this going? And then it catches people. Yes, So I think that that's just a that's just a good storytelling sense now. And also if you're writing it. The difference is what makes you also a good writer is when you write you and you know, I literally teach this. So yes, you have the opportunity to edit. You can't. You're edit in your head when you're just telling a story. So you have to go by your sense of what people need to know. And sometimes you're gonna over explain that's fair. Sometimes you're a fast.
Speaker 2: I'm a fast of a beautiful mind.
Speaker 1: Yeahs, So then I can't so like I can't, it just all comes out.
Speaker 2: I'm just it's coming out like a little play right now.
Speaker 1: I have a problem that's a little different, which my husband has pointed out to me many times, which did you get married? Oh my, are you? Are you serious? Right now? What the ro Absolutely? I have been married for over twenty years? Are you this is a joke. I was at your wedding, it's all coming. I was there, Yes, at your wedding. Yes I was. Now I feel so dumb. This is so frustrating, but I get it. I have the memory stuff too. But okay, so my thing is giving. I have to give a preamble and John makes fun of me, and I don't know how to not.
Speaker 2: Do it, Like, give me an example, Okay.
Speaker 1: An example would be if I'm going to tell John about like I saw a dog online that I'll have to go, okay, before I tell you this. I know that we're not one hundred percent ready for a dog. I know that you've said like, let's just wait and see and the right dog will come along. But there's this rescue and like a friend of like, I'll there's a whole thing that John just makes fun of me. Now when I say okay, before I say before I tell you this, I know that he'll be like, you don't have to do the preamble, just tell me the thing now. I'm going to push back, okay, okay, okay, And I'm going to push back for a couple of reasons.
Speaker 2: One, I think you're in a really abusive relationship.
Speaker 1: I think I need a relationship you just now remembered that I'm in. But okay, no, I think that's absolutely information. You want to make sure you're very on top of what another person might feel, and you know how you might feel if they came to you, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with like, listen, I know we're not doing this right now. I don't think that's like a crazy priam. I think that that's perfectly normal, and I would want that information if you were coming to me, and like if you if you come to me with ideas even about the podcast, you'd be like, Okay, I'm just this is just in the beginning stages. That could be you could say that's that, but that's information that I need. Yeah, I do that a lot with you. I go open. I don't mind it at all at all. I like that actually, because that's it's actually very like empathetic. Wey understood. We don't want to like blindside people with things. We want them to know that we know that they that we know how they're how they might possibly receive this information. Isn't that just empathy? I don't think that that's I don't think that's I think that's great. I think what we just learned here is that John just doesn't actually have empathy. So he can't empathize with me having empathy because he doesn't have it, right, So I guess that I probably amn't an abusive relationship.
Speaker 2: Be hard.
Speaker 1: Your mind is so like his is like kind of like I don't want I mean, he's not dumb, but you know, like you're so quick and he's like, we're just kidding. John, if you're listening, I don't think you listen. Do you think he's ever listened to border? Do he's ever? Like? Let me let me just never never? Okay? We Yes, we should do our shouts. Let's say hello to our friendsbody and there's a lot more people on Patreon. These are just people at the shout out level. But if you guys want to join our borday f Patreon, it just what is it?
Speaker 2: Five dollars a month?
Speaker 1: Yes, we have some pretty I don't like the word juicy, but we do have some pretty juicy bonuses. I mean, we don't just do some podcast Patreons will do like five minutes behind the scenes and that's so lame.
Speaker 2: We give like a full you know, like a.
Speaker 1: Full story and you know, just thinking of doing, uh to keep you guys going, and like, we're not actually making this announcement yet because we're still working out the details, but we might. If you want to get in now start doing. You would get two Patreons for the price of one. You would get our rose Pricks and our board. Yes, you could just get all of it together. Absolutely, because we've been putting our board on the rose Pricks feed. We felt like you guys were all one family. Yeah, you're going up, get in it, get the doubles. Yeah, all right. Like our friends Carolyne, Bastian Silvano, Jemmetti, we love you all, Sandra Green, Collette Rock, Patrick Price my friend, I miss you, I miss you, I miss you too, I miss you too. And Julie Turnbull she's a uh, well I can't say in real life but virtually, but she's she's we've become friends she's been taking last and I absolutely adore her.
Speaker 2: I love you too.
Speaker 1: Victoria Blake, Andrea Crawford, Dicky Frolicker, we see you, We love you, Janjpe, Harry Maller and Karen Johnson Watson and Jill Shua and Ensured and my friend Sean Price, my dear friend who can totally back up the doctor Closs stories.
Speaker 2: He was there for that. And Kate Kate Donado.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then are our business shout out and listen. We have some space right now for some new business shout outs, but Randy may Ames is still giving us the bigger bucks, and we are doing the ADL, Yes, the Anti Defamation League. It is a time where we need that. Or if you want to give to any local like synagogue or anything, you know, any help in whatever way you can to help us all fight anti Semitism, and or you can use a shout be inspired by Randy Mayames and any of you want.
Speaker 2: To throw a five dollars two dollars.
Speaker 1: At any kind of charity or nonprofit that that makes sense to you, please do that. But I I love that Randy Mayames uses hers for the ad L. That is very special to me. It's a time that we're living in for sure, and she gets it, and also she knows that I love her as a friend. Okay, all right, we love you, We thank thank you. I guess we're I'm sorry about naming the thread's lady. I do feel a little bad about that, but what Okay, bye bye,