Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Depictions Media Radio. Welcome to Policy and Rights the show up Gosh, welcomer Policy Human Joys. All right, welcome back to Policy and right here in Depictions Media Radio. I'm your host, Michael Clouds. And this, well, let's talk about this for a little bit. Mister Carney is currently at the White House and he had a meeting or it might still be in meetings with Donald Trump and they're discussing, well exactly what we think they would be trading about, how to build a better relationship between Canada and the United States, things such as automobiles such as Steele, which you're gonna hear Donald Trump say, we don't need those things from Canada. Well, the truth of the matter is the way the auto sector actually works, that half a car is built in the United States, the other half built in Canada, back and forth. That if we go to Windsor, Ontario and det Troy, Michigan, we're gonna see car parks go back and forth all the time across a bridge that is there. It's a tale of two cities and the bridge that joins them. We're also gonna hear that Donald Trump says we don't need Canada steel. We don't need Canada aluminum. Well, mister Trump, where's your aluminum mind? Show it to me on the map. Where where where these vast aluminum minds are in within the US border? Yeah, yeah, there's a problem there, right, Okay, So he actually will will have to cave in at some point and figure out a better relationship over certain products and trade deals. Mister Trump said that NAFFA should have ever happened. It was the worst thing for the United States ever, And the truth of the matter, parts and NAPA were never actually even activated, especially after he took office the very first time, and then he created a new trade agreement that he thought was better. But he takes office this time, he tears up the tear tears up the trade agreement that he put in place the first time he was in office. Interesting stuff, right, okay, But let's get to the heart and meat of the whole thing. Mister Trump did make some statements about how it would be a great tax advantage for Canadians to actually become the fifty first state, and mister Carney at some point did say this, and he can compaired the old office in the White House as unsellable real estate, and he gave it with some other ridiculous answer for unsellable real estate, and he ended with Canada is unsellable real estate. That he is not willing to sell Canada out to Donald Trump. He made it clear, to which Donald Trump says, Oh, we don't know what the future may actually hold. In other words, Donald Trump doesn't want to hear. No, he can't have Canada. The truth of the matter is is that it would actually have to come down to a vote across Canada. And that's just for Canada, for Canadian citizens to say yes, there is a whole nother ratification process that is written into the US Constitution that Canada is after saying yeah, we want to be the fifty first state. That well, mister Trump, I hate to tell you this. By the time it gets done, you might be dust in the ground. So again he did bring it up. But they are actually negotiating some trade deals. They are negotiating deals over military happenings and military protections. As most of the world knows, except for people in the United States that have no education. Uh, well, we won't talk about the mag of people too much from now, will we. All Right, that Canada is a is an Arctic country that a large chunk of the Arctic border is North America. And with that being said, that makes Canada a huge Arctic country. And it means that that there's with the Arctic ice melting, that there's chances for for commerce. And it also means that there is a need for protection to go across that particular border, because now it becomes not the Arctic Ocean now is not an ice block, but it is a seaway. So a lot a lot to be said. The Canada needs to beef up it's uh naval protection across the Arctic and it and there's a lot to a lot to be done there. And Mark Karney is actually negotiating with with NATO and actually stepping up the his military, with his government the military so that this particular border will be protected. And again Donald Trump's stepping in overall that one in saying that oh, the US will always protect Canada and always has protect Canada. And and that's just how how things work, that the Canada can't protect itself, the United States has to do it. So on the arms thing, though I'm sure that they are negotiating how the the arms trade is going to be carved up between the United States and Canada, because well, a lot of the weapons sold in the world today are sold either through the US or through Canada. A lot of weapons are built in Canada or they are built in the United States, along with the munitions to go along with them, and along with the propulsion systems for different missile systems and things like that are developed between the US and Canada. So I'm sure that they will carve up whatever they figure out how to recarve up the profits for the arms trade around the world. Okay, So let's move back across the border and we're going to talk about Danielle Smith down to Alberta. Well, she is talking about going across Alberta and discussing with the Alberta people the idea of creating the country of Alberta. Yeah, that's right, that she is talking about succeeding away from Canada. Okay, there's a lot of it that that is accurate in what she's saying, Okay, and becomes and also becomes some of that becomes issues into why Alberta strategically should not leave Canada. Alberta is landlocked, which means that in order for them to sell their resources because they are a resource. There are resource state, there are resource province. They have to sell the resources nor or to make money. Well, it happens to me that their main resource is petroleum. The beachamin that they produce can be sold around the world, although there are certain countries that think that Alberta beachamin is too heavy for the refineries and it takes a lot of retolling to actually make it make Alberta beachamin work from the Tarzans Okay.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do sell product to China. They do sell product to the United States, although to listen to Danielle Smith talk that Alberta isn't allowed to sell to China. But and yeah, we know that the pipeline goes from Alberta into Vancouver or Colombia, gets loaded onto tankers and it is shipped to China. We know that they're here's the issue and with them being landlocked, they would actually have to figure out how to pipe their product across British Columbia or across the across Canada into Ontario or other maritime seaports in order to get their products loaded onto tankers in order to sell them to other parts of the world to say, say in Europe or something like that. Okay, but the issue is if they are now a foreign country, that becomes that it becomes an added step in actually trying to negotiate how to run that pipeline or how to run the railcars. Even if they were to go north towards the Arctic and then part the tankers there, there's still another province. It's a territory. Excuse me, it's a territory that they would have to actually run that pipeline through in order to reach the Arctic Ocean. And so either way they're completely landlocked, which it's easier for them to move their products and sell them if they're part of the Canada than if they are a foreign country. Biggest reason why they why people probably aren't going to vote for Alberta succeeding away from the from the rest of Canada. She is going to quote some things that Quebec have said, because well, Quebec has an ocean they can reach, they can reach the Atlantic and makes them makes it easier because they have a seaport available to them to actually sell whatever products that they have to the rest of the world. Alberta doesn't have that, and that is one of the reasons why the the federal government, no matter who they are, they're conservative or liberal, or even if we were to say rebuilt the NDP and they were to create a government that you would have to give Alberta is some special attention because they are a huge moneymaker for the country, which daniel Smith once again has a lot a lot of credit to her with that. She knows that she also is going to talk about negotiating, of course with the current Carney government to to to you know, with things like electricity and other utilities that they're trying to reduce the carp footprint of those things for Alberta, and Alberta is being a little resistant.
Speaker 3: So we have that.
Speaker 1: In Danielle Smith also has a point there. Okay, so let's start with it this way. There is a sign on a charging station and evolved nearby where we are broadcasting from. Okay. It says powered by water and it is powered by water. British Columbia use it uses hydro electric dams in order to generate electric power and to power up the grid. Across British Columbia. They have a series of dams to actually do that, not and use very few few carbon burning generators. Okay, so here's the rub that the environmental impact of building a dam versus the carbon footprint of a natural gas generator that Alberta uses is in the long run nearly the same. Powering everything by water means that you have to build this huge dam. Well, that dam means that you have to destroy an ecosystem in order to build it. The destruction of the ecosystem takes generations to actually recover the damage that you have done. It is something that is paid for a generation after generation. It could take five, six, seven generations in order to actually start to pay back that carbon debt that you have created, because what you have managed to do is you have destroyed the ecosystem that is sinking the carbon back out of there and putting it back into the ground. And that means that hydroelectric energy isn't any cleaner than natural gas electricity because you pay for the carbon footprint along the way. With natural gas, it isn't something that you have to tear down a whole lot of trees in order to build the dam. For the concrete. There's a whole lot of things that go into actually building a dam, that and the environmental impact that it actually has with different species of wildlife being interrupted. That just for instance, a caribou run when they when in the construction of the site see dam in British Columbia, they now had to find a new place to defind their food and numbers of caribou were lost from the herds, which isn't really talked about much. We don't talk about that, we don't talk about how the indigenous hunting grounds were interrupted because of this. So daniel Smith has a point that if we're going to crash in on Alberta using natural gas generators, that we have to take a closer look at the environmental impact of a hydro electric dam. So with all that, why don't we listen to mister Karney as he visited the White House, and well, listen to Danielle Smith as he talks about the feature of Alberta.
Speaker 3: His party was losing by a lot and he ended up winning.
Speaker 2: So I really want to congratulate him, probably one of the greatest comebacks in the history of politics, maybe even greater than mine. But I want to just congratulate you Rose a great election. Actually, we were watching it with interest, and I think Canada chose a very talented person, a very good person. As we spoke before the election quite a few times, and it's an honor to have you at the White House and the Oval Office and you see the new and improved Oval Office as it becomes more and more beautiful with love, you know, we handle it with great love and twenty four character.
Speaker 3: That always helps too. But it's been a lot of fun going over some of.
Speaker 2: The beautiful pictures that were stolen in the vaults that were for many many years, some cases over one hundred years. They restored in bolts of the great presidents who are almost great presidents, all having a reason for being up, every one of them. So it's very interesting. But I just want to congratulate you. And we had a really great race. I watched the debate. I thought you were excellent, and I think we have a lot of things in common. We have some tough points to go over and that'll be fine. Will it also be discussing Ukraine Russia the war because Mark once it ended as quickly as I do, I think it has to end. We had some very good news last night. The Uties have announced that they are not, or they've announced to us at least that they don't want to fight anymore. They just don't want to fight, and we will honor that and we will we will stop the bombings and they have capitulated. But more importantly, we will take their word. They say they will not be blowing up anymore. And that's what the purpose of what we were doing. So that's just news. We just found out about that. So uh, I think it's very very positive. They were they were knocking out a lot of ships going uh as you know, uh.
Speaker 3: Sailing beautifully down the various seas.
Speaker 2: It uh it wasn't just a canal, it was a lot of other places. And uh, I will accept their word, and we are going to stop the bombing of the Bouti's uh effective immediately. And Marco, you'll let everybody know that. Okay, Uh do you have something to say about that. By the way, it was a prodig announcement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was always a freedom of navigation, you sho.
Speaker 4: Besides, he's a you know, a band of individual with advanced weaponry that were threatening global should be and the.
Speaker 3: Job was to get that to stop. And UH, if it's going to stop, then we.
Speaker 2: Can stop and uh so, uh it it's I think it's an important development and we'll have maybe before we're going to it's you know, the Middle East, uh Saudi Arabia. We're going to uh u ee and guitar and that'll be I guess Monday night. Some of you are coming with us. I think before then, we're gonna have a very very big announcement to make, like as big as it gets. And I won't tell you on what, but it's gonna and it's very positive. I'd also I tell you if it was negative and positive, I can't keep that up.
Speaker 3: It is really really positive.
Speaker 2: And that announcement will be made either Thursday or Friday or Monday before we leave. But it'll be one of the most important announcements that have been made in many years about a certain subject, very important subject. So you'll all be here, Uh Mark, would you like to say a few words.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, miss President.
Speaker 5: I'm on the edge of my seat actually, but thank you for your hospitality in a at above all, for your for your leadership. You're a You're a transformational president. Focus on the economy with a relentless focus on the American worker. Uh secure in your borders, providing end in the scourge of fentanyl and other opioids, and and securing the world. And I've been elected with with my colleagues here, with the help of my colleagues here, I'm gonna spread spread the the credit UH to transform Canada with a similar focus on the economy, securing our borders again on fentanyl, UH, much greater focus on defense and security, securing the Arctic, and developing the Arctic. And you know, the history of Canada and the US is we're stronger when we work together, and there's many opportunities to work together. And I look forward to, you know, addressing some of those issues that we have, but also finding those areas of mutual cooperation so we.
Speaker 3: Can go for it. That's very nice, Thank you very much. Sure.
Speaker 2: No, it was actually very effective and it's still very effective. But people have to follow it, so you know, that's been a problem.
Speaker 3: People haven't followed it. But it's a it was.
Speaker 2: A transitional step a little bit, and as you know, it it terminates very shortly. It it gets renegotiated very shortly. But I thought it was a very positive step from NAFTA, and NAFTA was the worst trade deal in the history of our country, probably in the history of the world. And this was a transitional deal, and we'll see what happens, you know, we we'ether it be st starting to possibly renegotiate that if it's even necessary. I don't know that it's necessary anymore. But it served a very good purpose, and the biggest purpose it served as we got rid of NAFTA. NAFTA was a very unfair deal for the United States. It's a very very terrible deal and it should have never been made. It was made many years ago, but it should have never been made.
Speaker 6: The United States would like to see your first trade deal being Canada or nest I would.
Speaker 3: I would love that.
Speaker 2: Look, I have a lot of respect for this man, and I watched him come up and assents through the ranks when he wasn't given much of a chance, and he did. He ran a really great campaign. He did a really great debate. I think that debate was very helpful. I was going to raise my hand, you know, I don't know if.
Speaker 3: That's good at bet I shouldn't say that. It might hurt you.
Speaker 2: But no, he ran a really great election, I thought, and yeah, something could happen, something could happen.
Speaker 6: What's the top concession you want out of Canada?
Speaker 3: The top concession you want out of Canada concession friendship. But that's not a good session.
Speaker 2: No, I just, I just We're going to be friends with Canada. Regardless of anything. We're going to be friends with Canada. Canada is a very special place to meet. I know so many people that live in Canada. My parents had relatives had lived in Canada, my mother in particular. And no, I love Canada a lot of I have a lot of respect for the Canadians.
Speaker 3: Wayne Gretzky, I mean the great one.
Speaker 2: You happen to have a very very good hockey player right here on the capitals who I have a lot of is He is a big tough cookie too. It just broke the record and he's a great guy. And you know, we had the we had the team here and I got to know a lot of the players. But now, Canada is a very special places a president.
Speaker 3: Or his office too, as a resident. You said that Canada's postage. No, no, well I still believe that.
Speaker 2: But but you know it takes two to tango, right, But no, I do, I mean, I believe it would be a massive tax cut for the Canadian citizens. Uh, you get free military, you get tremendous medical cares and other things. There would be a lot of advantages, but it would be it would be a massive tax cut.
Speaker 3: And it's also a beautiful you know.
Speaker 2: As a real estate developer, you know, I'm a real estate developer at heart.
Speaker 3: When you get rid of that artificially.
Speaker 2: Drawing line somebody drew that line many years ago, was like a ruler, just a straight line right across the top of the country. When you look at that beautiful formation when it's together, I'm a very artistic person, but when I looked at that beauty, I said, that's the way it was meant to be. But you know, I just I do feel it's much better for Canada. But we're not going to be discussing that unless somebody wants to discuss it. I think that there are tremendous benefits to the Canadian citizens, tremendously lower taxes, free military, which honestly, we give you essentially anyway, because we're.
Speaker 3: Protecting Canada if you have had a problem. But I think, you know, it's it would really be a wonderful marriage because it's two places. They get along very well. They like each other alone well, if I may.
Speaker 5: As you know from real estate, there are some places that are never for sale. We're sitting in one right now, you know, Buckingham Palace, and you visit it as well. And having met with the owners of Canada over the course of the campaign last several months, it's not for sale, won't be for sale ever. But the opportunity is in the partnership and what we can build together, and we have done that in the past. And part of that, as the President just said, is with respect to our own security, and my government is committed for a step change in our investment in Canadian security and our partnership. And I'll say this as well, that the President has revitalized international security, revitalized NATO and us playing our full weight in NATO, and that will be.
Speaker 3: Parts I was saying.
Speaker 2: Canada is stepping up the military participation because.
Speaker 3: Mark, you know, they were low and now they're stepping it up. And that's a very important thing.
Speaker 2: But never say never, never say never.
Speaker 3: What would take all of Canada.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll be talking about different things. You know, we want to protect our.
Speaker 3: Automobile business and so does Mark.
Speaker 2: But we want to protect, we want to make the automobiles and we want to you know, we have a tremendous abundance of energy, more than any country. We have just in Alaska alone, hand War has been reopened now and West were probably the largest find anywhere in the world. They say it's larger than Saudi Arabia. I don't know, but it's a lot. But we have tremendous amounts of energy. Other countries don't. We're both lucky that way. They have energy. We have energy. We have more than we can ever use and more than we could ever sell. Actually, and you have the same thing. So with two countries that are very lucky. If you look at China, they don't have that. You know, it's a big disadvantage other countries. Most countries don't have, you know, most countries don't have that. So Canada and US we have a lot of.
Speaker 3: A lot of advantages over other places.
Speaker 1: You consider what mister Carney just said that Canada's off the sale.
Speaker 4: Does this make the discussion a little more difficult to start off?
Speaker 2: No, not at all, No, no, no, no. Time time will tell it's only time. But I say never, say never. I've had many, many things that were not doable and they ended up being doable, and only doable in a very friendly way. But if it if it's to everybody's benefit. You know, Canada loves us, and we love Canada. That's I think the number one thing that's important. But we'll see, I mean, over time, we'll see what happens China.
Speaker 3: China said something different.
Speaker 2: They want to meet, and they're doing no business right now. And those ships are turning around in the Pacific Ocean. Big turn, there's a big ship, so ships take about ten miles turn. And you know, we lost a trillion dollars to China and trade because of an incompetent president that we had who proceeded to me grossly incompetent. You're finding it out more and more now and by not trading, we're losing nothing. So we're saving a trillion dollars.
Speaker 3: It's a lot.
Speaker 2: But they want to negotiate, and they want to have a meeting, and we'll be meeting with them at the right time. I have not met with them, of course, you would know. If I met, I'd tell you they want to meet. But you know we are right now. Look, they're suffering greatly. Their economy is suffering greatly because they're not doing trade with the US, and they made most of their money off the US.
Speaker 3: Don't don't kid yourself.
Speaker 2: They don't make the money off other countries like this, and they were making we had a trade in balance, we had a deficit, or they had a surplus, another way of saying it of more than a trillion dollars.
Speaker 3: Think of it more than a trillion dollars.
Speaker 2: And because of one hundred and forty five percent, the only reason, but because of they have now one hundred and forty five percent. There there's no trading. You can't trade with one hundred and forty five percent. We are therefore making in a certain way. I guess one point one trillion dollars. In other words, we're not losing one point one trillion dollars.
Speaker 3: A deficit is much better.
Speaker 2: When I started, I say, we were losing billions of dollars a day on trade. That's rapidly turning around. We looked at numbers this morning, So we were losing. The United States during Biden was losing more than I won't even give you numbers because they're so embarrassing, but.
Speaker 3: Billions of dollars a day on trade.
Speaker 2: Those numbers are rapidly turning between the tariffs self forget, we're now getting twenty five percent on cars, twenty five percent on aluminum, twenty five percent on steel, and maybe more importantly, massive numbers of companies are moving into the United States.
Speaker 3: Honda. We have tremendous the car companies.
Speaker 2: They're moving in at levels we've never seen before. The biggest investment ever made in the United States is being made right now, trillions of dollars. I would say we could be at nine nine trillion dollars. You can go back to other presidents. They haven't had one trillion dollars for their entire term.
Speaker 3: Look at Biden, he had bed numbers.
Speaker 2: People are leaving. They weren't coming in. They were leaving with Biden, and he didn't know the difference. The only thing he knew is people coming in. You know, they were illegal immigrants, okay, from prisons, from mental institutions, from all sorts of places that weren't good, from gangs, from Venezuela. They were coming in and there were criminals and murderers, eleven eight hundred and eighty eight people that murdered, and at least half of them murdered more than one person. This is what Biden led into our country. I'm bringing in big companies. We have Apple is investing five hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 3: We have Jensen, as you know, is going to.
Speaker 2: Be five hundred biggest chip maker or a chip thinker.
Speaker 3: I call him.
Speaker 2: He's really a thinker more than a maker. But we also have the maker, mister Way. I get to know them all. In the last it was a cram course. But they're all moving into America because of the tariffs, and I don't think people have appreciated it. Some people do, some of the smart people do. So we have more money coming in. It's really an amazing thing. We have more money being invested in the United States now than at any time ever before in our history. And it's not even close. And I think the real number could be nine or ten trillion. We don't know everybody that's doing it. We have many. I just heard about a plant that's being built right now, very very top of the line company and they didn't come to the White House. They're just doing it because they're making it. Because if they build here, there are no tariffs. And this is the big market. This is the market that sets us apart from It is the market where everyone wants to be. Now, if I didn't come here and do this all of a sudden, we wouldn't be the market where everyone wants to be. So we're able to do it in time. But we're gonna have a great announcement, and I'm not necessarily saying it's.
Speaker 3: On trade going to the beginning.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have a great announcement over the next few days, an announcement that will be so incredible, so positive, and I'm not saying I don't want you to think it's necessarily on trade just to finish. We also have a situation, because ever it's is when when when are you going to sign deals? We don't have to sign deals. We can sign twenty five deals right now, Howard if we want it. We don't have to sign deal. They have to sign deals with us. They want a piece of our market. We don't want a piece of their market. We don't care about their market. They want a piece of our market. So we could just sit down and I'll do this at some point over the next two weeks, and I'll sit with Howard and Scott and with our great vice president who has done a really good job. We have some good news to report on a lot of fronts. But JD will be there and Marco and we're going to sit down and we're going to put very fair numbers down and we're going to say here's what this country what we want, and congratulations, we have a deal. And they'll either say great and they'll start shopping, or they'll say not good, we're not going to do it. An I say that's okay, you don't have to shop now. We may think, well, they have a right, you know that maybe we were a little bit wrong, so well adjusted, and then you people will say, oh, it's so chaotic.
Speaker 3: No, we're flexible. But we'll sit down and will.
Speaker 2: At some point in some cases we'll sign some deals. It's much less important than what I'm talking about. For the most part. We're just going to put down a number and say this is what you're going to pay at the shop, and it's going to be a.
Speaker 3: Very fair number. It'll be a low number.
Speaker 2: We're not looking to hurt countries. We want to help countries. We want to be friendly with countries. But you keep writing about deals deals. When are we going to sign one? It's very simple. We're going to say, in some cases, we want you to open up your country. In some cases, we want you to drop your tariffs. I mean India as an example, as one of the highest tariffs.
Speaker 3: In the world. We're not going to put up with that. And they've agreed already to drop it. They'll drop it to nothing. They've already agreed. They would have never done that for anybody else but me.
Speaker 2: So we're going to put down some numbers, and we're going to say our country is open for business, and they're going to come in and they're going to pay for the privilege of being able to shop in the United States of America.
Speaker 3: It's very simple. It's very simple.
Speaker 2: So I wish to keep stop asking how many deals are you tyning this week, because one day we'll come and we'll give you a hundred deals and they don't have to sign.
Speaker 3: All they have to do is say, oh.
Speaker 2: We'll start sending our ships right now to pick up whatever we want or to bring.
Speaker 3: Whatever we want. It's very very.
Speaker 2: Simple, and I think my people haven't made it clear. We will sign some deals, but much bigger than that is we're going to put down the price that people are gonna have to pay to shop in the United States. Think of us as a super luxury store, a store that has the goods. You're gonna come and you're gonna pay a price, and we're gonna give you a very good price. We're gonna make very good deals, and in some cases we'll adjust. But that's where it is. And we've been ripped off by everybody for fifty years, for fifty years, and we're just not gonna do that anymore. We can't do that, and we can't let any country do that to us. We're just not gonna do it anymore. Can you tell us a bit more about the deal that you've reached the Hoofies. No, it's not a deal. They've said, please don't bomb us anymore. We're not gonna attack your ships.
Speaker 3: And where did you hear about that?
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter where I hear the very good source. I get very very good source. Would you say, Marco, I would say, pretty good, right, Jay, a very good source. They don't want to be they don't want to.
Speaker 3: Be they don't want to be bombed anymore. You know, I sort of thought that would happen.
Speaker 2: Behind you said your associate, or is the US parents walk away from that act from what packed?
Speaker 3: No? Not, no, No, it's fine. It's there, it's good. We use it for certain things. It's there. We have the U S m c A is a good deal for everybody.
Speaker 2: I won't say this about Mark, but I didn't like his predecessor.
Speaker 3: I didn't like a person that worked. She was terrible. Actually, she was a terrible person.
Speaker 2: And she really hurt that deal very badly because she tried to take advantage of the deal and she didn't get away with it.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm talking about it.
Speaker 2: But so you know, I had a we had a bad we had a bad relationship having to do with the fact that we disagreed with the way they viewed the deal. And we ended it. You know, we ended that that relationship pretty much. The USMC is great for all countries. It's good for all countries. We do have a negotiation coming up over the next year or so to adjust it or terminate it.
Speaker 5: I'll just say I'll say word on U S N T if I mean as present. Uh, it is a basis for a broader negotiation. Some things about it are going to have to change. And part of the way you've conducted these tariffs has taken advantage of existing aspects of U.
Speaker 2: S m C.
Speaker 5: Aight, so it's going to have to change. There's other elements that have come and that's part of what.
Speaker 3: We're going to discuss. The campaign. You talk about the American Journal, how do you react?
Speaker 4: Kind of decided not to shop in the America the campaign you talk about the American Journal, how do you react? Kind of decided not to shop in the American store as much as before.
Speaker 1: I decided to partner with other countries.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't do much business with Canada from our standpoint.
Speaker 3: They do a lot of business with us.
Speaker 2: We're at like four percent, and usually those things don't last very long. You know, we have great things, great product, the kind of product we sell nobody else can sell, uh, including military.
Speaker 3: Look, we make the best military equipment.
Speaker 2: In the world, and Canada buys our military equipment, which we appreciate. But we make the best military equipment in the world by far. The missiles, the the submarines, everything, everything we have is really top notch.
Speaker 3: I rebuilt our military during our last term.
Speaker 2: Stupidly, we gave some away to Afghanistan, which shouldn't have happened.
Speaker 3: But that was Uh.
Speaker 2: I think it was the most embarrassing moment in the history of our country.
Speaker 3: Uh. It was just a very incompetent people.
Speaker 2: But if you look the man that's now the head of our Joint Chiefs, he led the attack on Isis. For me, it's wise the head of the Joint Chiefs and uh raising Kaine, He's they was unbelievable. And as you know, we defeated Isis in three weeks. It was supposed to take five years. We did it in three weeks. And he ran the campaign. I said, I like him, but I knew him before I went. I went to a rack and we agreed to a plan and that was the plan, and as you know, we did in record time.
Speaker 3: Uh. So we have you know, we have the best, We have the best equipment in the world. We have the best a lot of things. And uh, but Canada, it does a lot more business with us than we do with Canada. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Your investments, mister president, When do you think the investments that you've announced a trillions will finally hit economic data this year?
Speaker 3: Uh? When you're saying about the tariffs, no, no, about the investments that you've announced. You you've anounced them.
Speaker 2: Oh it's hitting right now. Look they're already starting AI plans. These are not people that look for financing. That's a good thing.
Speaker 3: You know, in real estate, you get a site, then you have to look for financing.
Speaker 2: You have to get your zoning. You know, five years later you side building, you get a bank, then the bank's no good. These people have massive amounts of cash. The Chips Act was a ridiculous thing because that doesn't.
Speaker 3: Get them to build.
Speaker 2: Though we did is end very wealthy companies money the Chips Act that was done by Biden billions.
Speaker 3: We give them billions a thousand. They don't even have to do anything with it. And then if you.
Speaker 2: Weren't if you didn't have and I don't want to be a wise guy, but if you didn't go with the DEI, if you didn't go with all of the different things woke, if you weren't woke, you couldn't even use the money. You had to have a certain percentage of this and that and that and that. It's impossible impossible to have the people. The companies actually complained to me, They say they gave me all this money but nobody can get these people to do anything. I mean, look President Obama, and if he wanted help, I'd give him out because I'm a really good builder and I built on time, on budget. He's building his library in Chicago. It's a disaster, and he said something to the effect, I only want DEI I only want he wants woke people to build it. Well, he got woke people and they have massive cost over runs.
Speaker 3: A job has stopped. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a disaster, and I don't like that happening because it's I think it's bad for the presidency that a thing like that should happen. He's got a library that's a disaster, and he wanted to be very politically correct, and he didn't use good, hard, tough, mean construction workers that I love, Marco. I loved those construction workers. But he didn't want construction workers. He wanted people that never did it before. And he's got a disaster in his hands, like millions of dollars many many, I mean really many millions of dollars over budget.
Speaker 3: And I would love to help him with it, but.
Speaker 2: Or somebody else, I could recommend professionals, but it was not built.
Speaker 3: In a professional man. By the way, nor was nor was in California.
Speaker 2: A little train going from San Francisco to Los Angeles that's being run by Gavin Newscomb, the governor of California.
Speaker 3: Did you ever hear of Gavin Neuscombe?
Speaker 2: He has got that train is the worst cost overrun I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: It's like totally out of control.
Speaker 2: So then they said, all right, we won't go into San Francisco, we'll stop twenty five miles short, and we won't go into Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: We'll stop twenty five miles short.
Speaker 2: It's hundreds of billions of dollars for this stupid project that should have never been built. And then they realized that it would have been a lot less costly if we just gave limousine service back and forth and gave it free.
Speaker 3: They would have saved hundreds of billions of dollars.
Speaker 2: They have airplanes that go there for one to one hundredth.
Speaker 3: The cost, and they have cars. They have a thing called the Highway that goes back and forth. It's not fully utilized.
Speaker 2: And they got involved with this project and Gavin on fold. You know, I always liked Gavin had a good relationship with him. I just got him a lot of water. You know, I sent ten people to open up that water because he refused to do it, and we just got him a lot of would if they would have had that water, and if they would have done what I said to do, they wouldn't have had the fires in Los Angeles. Those fires would have been put out very quickly. But if you think about it, and you've got to take a look at this problem, it's the worst cost over and I've ever seen. I've watched a lot of stupid people build a lot of stupid things, but that's the worst cost over and I've ever seen what's happening between San Francisco and Los Angeles. And you want to ask about that because this government is not going to pay. I told our very great new Secretary of Transportation is doing a good job, Sean Duffy, I said, we're not going to pay for that thing. They are just it's out of control. This is something that you don't have things like this. It's not even conceivable, like thirty times over a budget thirty times. It's the craziest thing. And now it's hundreds of supposed to be a simple train. And I think the media should take a look at it. And i'd love him to run for president on the other side, you know, i'd love to see that, but I don't think he's going to be running because that one project alone, well, that and the fires and a lot of other things pretty much put him out.
Speaker 3: Of the room.
Speaker 1: Would you like to see to the USNCA or what changes.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna work on some subtle changes. Maybe I don't even know if we're going to be dealing with USMC. We're just we're dealing more with concepts right now. Look, right now we're doing trade. We have trade. They're paying a tariff and cars and stealing aluminum.
Speaker 3: And I think we have a.
Speaker 2: Baseline of ten percent or something like that for the tariffs. But we're getting along very well right now. Going no further, but we have we have an agreement. We did something with even parts. You want to discuss that, Howard, with respect to Canada, which helps Canada out.
Speaker 7: Sure, So we've UH, we've made car companies that fifteen percent of their A U S MCA parts are included and then fifteen percent of foreign parts from the UH the manufactured suggests a retail price are not tariff to help domestic manufacturing really thrive.
Speaker 2: So we gave them a chance to be able to build their car parts, uh factories if they're gonna A lot of these companies already have factories and what they have to do is just fill them out. But they're able to build them in the United States. So we gave them a pretty substantial period of time stage today to change your mind on.
Speaker 3: Therapy Canada tariffing cars.
Speaker 1: Is there anything he stayed in the course of your needs within today that gets you to lift terrors on Canada?
Speaker 3: No? Why not? Just the way it is? I don't want it? Would you respect that? Sure?
Speaker 2: I would, But this is not necessarily a one day deal. This is over a period of time. They have to make that decision.
Speaker 5: Yes, go ahead, Yeah, if I make well, I respectfully Canadians view on this and is not going to change on the fifty first date. Secondly, we are the largest client of the United States in in the totality all all the goods, so we are the largest client in the United States. We have a tremendous auto sector between the two of us, and the changes that made have been helpful. You know, fifty percent of a car that comes from Canada's America. That's not like anywhere else in the world. And to your question about is there one thing.
Speaker 3: No, this is a bigger discussion.
Speaker 5: There are much bigger forces involved, and this will take some time in some discussions, and that's why we're here to have those discussions. And that's that'sh is represented by who's uh sitting around.
Speaker 3: The see the conflict is and and this very friendly.
Speaker 2: This is not going to be like we had another little blow up with somebody else that was much different. This is a very friendly conversation. But we want to make our own cars. We don't really want cars from Canada, and we put tariffs on cars from Canada and at a certain point it won't make economic sense for Canada to build those cars. And we don't want steel from Canada because we're making our own steel and we're having massive steel plants being built right now as we speak. We really don't want Canadian steel, and we don't want Canadian aluminum and various other things because we want to be able to do it ourselves. And because of you know, past thinking of people, we have a tremendous deficit with Canada. In other words, they have a surplus with us, and there's no reason for us to be subsidized in Canada. Canada is a place that we'll have to be able to take care of itself economic.
Speaker 3: I assume they can. I will tell you that.
Speaker 2: Trudeau, when I spoke to him, I used to call him Governor Trudeau. I think that probably didn't help his election. But when I spoke to him, I said, so why are we Why are we taking your cars? Why are we taking your We want to make him moreself, I mean, I said, and if the price of your cars went up, or if we put a tariff, if we put a tariff on your cars of twenty five percent, what would that mean to you? He said, that would mean the end of Canada. He actually said that to me, and I said, that's a strange answer.
Speaker 3: But I understand his answer.
Speaker 2: But no, I mean, it's it's hard to justify subsidizing Canada to the tune of maybe two hundred billion dollars a year. We protect Canada militarily and we always will. You know, that's not a money thing, that's but we always will. But you know it's not fair, But why are we subsidizing Canada two hundred billion?
Speaker 3: Dollars year, or whatever the number might be.
Speaker 2: It's a very substantial number and it's hard for the American taxpayer to say, gee, Waves, we love doing that.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. We're going to have.
Speaker 8: I had a chance to address Elberton's about our province's path forward with the federal government following a special meeting with our government caucus last Friday. I also met with Prime Minister Mark Carney last Friday, where we spoke at length about the policies and legislation that are holding back Alberta's economy. This conversation was a positive first step, but it will take tremendous effort and cooperation to repair the damage to Alberta's economy caused in the last ten years by Ottawa's destructive anti resource agenda. Yesterday, I shared the bold steps that our government is taking to protect and stand up for Alberta's future with strength and resolve, and this includes the creation of a special negotiating team to represent our province in negotiations with the federal government in pursuit of a new Alberta Accord with Canada. This team will request reforms to guarantee port access to tidewater off the Pacific, Arctic and Atlantic coasts for Alberta energy and resources, and all federal interference in the development of our provincial resources by repealing harmful federal laws like the No More Pipelines Bought Law C sixty nine and the Net zero Electricity regulations, require our Alberta's consent before imposing any export taxes or restrictions on our resources, and to grant Alberta the same per capita federal transfers as Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia. We are also launching the Alberta Next Panel to explore long term options for economic and constitutional protections from Ottawa, and we are preparing for a twenty twenty six referendum on key proposals that emerge from these discussions. As most Albertons know, I have repeatedly stated I do not support Alberta separating from Canada. I personally still have hope that there is a path forward for a strong and sovereign Alberta within a United Canada. So I am going to do everything within my power to negotiate a fair deal for Alberta with the new Prime Minister, and while doing so, our government will work with Alberton's on various initiatives to better protect Alberta's provincial.
Speaker 9: Sovereignty and economy from Ottawa.
Speaker 8: Should those negotiations fail and the economic attacks continue in the months ahead, there will be many who will try to so fear and anger among us, those who want to see Alberta divided. Regardless of what each of us believes about this issue and what path we think is best, we as Alberton's must be able to respectfully debate and discuss these issues with.
Speaker 9: Our friends, family members and neighbors.
Speaker 8: I know that if we do that, in the end, our province will find the best solution for this immense challenge we face and come out of it stronger and more free than ever.
Speaker 9: Thank you, and I'm happy to take.
Speaker 8: Questions perfect and we'll start off with questions here in the room before going to the phones.
Speaker 9: One question, one follow up, I see hands wonderful. We'll start with Michelle and go through Catherine.
Speaker 8: Mishell about on team CBC.
Speaker 6: Premier chiefs from Treaties six, seven, eight, four, and ten are speaking about the possibility of a sovereignty referendum in about an hour now. They have overwhelmingly said that the opposed is kind of referendum and say it violates their treaties.
Speaker 3: So why are you.
Speaker 6: Giving separatists the chance to force a referendum question next year?
Speaker 8: I'm not sure what their sovereignty referendum would be. I mean, they already have sovereignty within a United Canada. They have absolute jurisdiction over their own treaty territories, the reserves, and so I'm not quite sure what they would be asking for.
Speaker 6: You're a separation, a referendum on separation. It's out there and you're the Bill fifty four has made it easier for people to force a citizen's initiative referendum and have it put to the Albery people. And you have said that this would be included next year.
Speaker 9: Well, what would you say?
Speaker 6: What would you say to treaty chiefs who are saying we have a treaty with the crown and separating from Canada violates our.
Speaker 8: Treatis Well, I would say that we're sort of a number of steps away from having that conversation.
Speaker 9: We have put forward a suite.
Speaker 8: Of changes to elections law that included making a petition campaign achievable. I think there's no point in having a referendum, citizen initiated referend and with barriers that are so high that it's kind of vicious compliance. And so that was the conversation we've had over the last year, prior to the most recent election, and prior to any of the discussions you're talking about, is that if you genuinely want citizens to be able to identify issues that care about, be able to put it forward to the people, you have to have a reasonable signature threshold.
Speaker 9: Our threshold is a little bit lower, a bit lower than.
Speaker 8: Saskatchewan's, but a little bit higher than what we see in the United States. It's consistent with what we've had for many decades in the Municipal Government Act. So it shouldn't be that surprising that we're just trying to get some clarity so that people know what the is if they want to take forward issues that they think matter to Alberton's Catherine.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and asking for those guaranteed access to the three oceans. How does that respect other provincial jurisdictions.
Speaker 8: The federal government was given trade and commerce power when we came together as territories in order to enable access to markets. In fact, there's there's quite a bit of law internationally that says that if you are a separate nation, one nation cannot landlock another. It's sort of a given that it is inappropriate use of power to prevent a jurisdiction from being able to get as resources to market. And so that is the thinking that we have around this, is that it's the constitutional authority of Ottawa to enable this to happen, and they have managed to in the past. The Coastal Gas Link Pipeline, despite a lot of extra cost uncertainty, still did manage to.
Speaker 9: Get to get a built.
Speaker 8: Lergy Canada will be opened soon and we'll be exporting.
Speaker 9: And despite six times the.
Speaker 8: Costs associated with Trans Mountain Pipeline, it also managed to get built. And so I think we have seen that when there are important strategic decisions that need to be made strategic infrastructure, the federal government does have the power to be able to get resources to market. And so I would say that we signed onto it all of the provinces along with the new Prime minister just prior to the election, saying that we all agree to economic corridors that include oil and gas pipelines. So I'm just reaffirming that that was the commitment on the part of all of the provinces prior to the election, and I hope it's the commitment of all of the provinces.
Speaker 9: Now that the election's over.
Speaker 10: And there's a municipal election coming up in October, it should the citizen initiative referendum meet the threshold before then?
Speaker 9: Why not hold it then?
Speaker 7: Why the timing was I think.
Speaker 8: There was a referendum question or to ask in conjunction with the municipals in the past, and I mean, I suppose that's an option. I just don't think that the timing will work in this case. It's one hundred and twenty day. First of all, we have to proclaim a lot has to get through the legislature, has to be proclaimed into law. They have to change the regulations with elections albert I'm not sure quite when elections Alberta will be ready. To be able to oversee and launch a petition campaign, any citizen would have to have a question that has approved in advance.
Speaker 9: That takes a little bit of time one.
Speaker 8: Hundred and twenty day signature collection period and then a couple I think it's a couple of months to be able to validate the signature. So as you can see, with this whole process, I think would be possible to try to get any questions in alignment with the municipal elections.
Speaker 3: We'll go to Emmanuel and then will come to.
Speaker 4: Che Emanuel Custo vet Dada. Canada has had two independence referendums in the past. Prior to the nineteen eighty referendum in Quebec, Rene Levec did campaign openly on this referendum in one in seventy six. Jacques Paraizou did the same in ninety four.
Speaker 3: Just before the.
Speaker 4: Ninety five referendum. However, you did not campaign on open the door to a separation referendum. You essentially a campaign on tax cut and standing up to Ottawa. So do you have the mandate to open much your door to Alberta separating.
Speaker 3: From rest Canada.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't have a mandate and my party doesn't support that. My party quite clearly in their founding documents, came together and they support as strong United Canada protecting constitutional sovereignty, and that's what I've been doing. A citizen initiated referenda would be by definition initiated by citizens, and so I won't prejudge what issues citizens might want to put on the table, but that is up to citizens to decide and to get the number of signatures. All I've said is I will honor the process and the public very clearly knows that we are a party of direct democracy, that we do believe in things like citizen initiative and recall that happened under my predecessor, and so I would leave it to the people. But that's why I have been pretty clear that I do not support separatism myself. I support a strong Auburn Alberta within the United Canada, and that's what I'll keep working towards.
Speaker 4: And one part of your rhetoric against the federal policies and energy is that it would bring more uncertainty to the sector and also make investments go away from the province. Don't you think that such a referendum on separation would also be likely to do that. That's certainly what the rest of Canada said to Quebec about there too referendum.
Speaker 8: Well, I guess I'll wait and see if any questions come forward, if anything gets registered, If one hundred and seventy seven thousand signatures get accumulated, I mean I think you're jumping ahead a number of steps. None of that has happened right now. There isn't a question on the table, There isn't an active petition campaign. All there is is a process, and I think we have to accept that there's a lot of anger out there, a lot of anger after the last election, a lot of anger the way we've been treated for the last ten years, and there's a lot of groups that are organizing to try to do something about it. We may disagree about what the path forward is. All I can tell you is my path forward is to try to do it I can to try to get a fair deal for Alberta, and that's why I've already engaged constructively with the Prime Minister on that.
Speaker 4: Just having the talks in the public opinion about maybe Alberta separating from rest Canada is bad for Alberta.
Speaker 8: Well, those could talks have been going on for some time. The level of support for a motion like that, I've been monitoring this for decades and it's always ebbed and flow.
Speaker 9: Then as high as thirty percent in the past.
Speaker 8: I think it might be a little bit higher today, But that has always been in the background in Alberta.
Speaker 9: Electoral politics, and it's just happened to flare up right now. But citizens have a right. I believe in free speech.
Speaker 8: Citizens have a right to express their opinion on things that they're concerned about, and I think it's my job to make sure that debate is respectful, that sides know that they have a right to be able to have those conversations with their friends and family and not to be demonized for it. And so that's what I'm trying to do, is create an environment where the conversation can be had.
Speaker 1: The show has been produced by Depictions Media. Please contact us at depictions dot media for more information.