Speaker 1: One oh one lynchon Taco Orlando's rock station one oh one one w j R RS Lynch and Tacos Show. Thanks for rocking on the job with us. If you miss the eight o'clock major concert announcements, let us get you looped in here. Ac DC in the Power Up Tour coming to Florida Zah gonna be Friday, May sixteenth, Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. The Pretty Reckless will be the opening act. Tickets go on sale Friday morning at ten o'clock.
Speaker 2: Again, Friday, tickets are on sale. We're giving away ACDC tickets all week on the JR Facebook page for you say it, we play.
Speaker 1: And ironically we decided to go ahead and go with ac DC this morning. It only makes too much sense. So there's three songs there for you to vote on the one with the most votes this morning, as dictated by you, We will play back right around nine o'clock and then randomly award one of you who takes two seconds to vote ticket for the show in May.
Speaker 2: You're getting your vote in j R our Facebook page. Just only vote once, keep it fair for everybody.
Speaker 1: Well, it's well, if you vote more than once, you're disqualified DQ that sick Burn not dairy Queen either.
Speaker 2: D qed j R. Facebook page.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's start with this item from last week, Thanksgiving week. We go to Houston County, Georgia, the town of Lazzella Skyview Elementary School. This there in Lizella, Georgia. That's where a former Georgia copp who won Deputy of the Year was arrested in charge with d U I. He was stationed had his patrol unit stationed outside of the elementary school, which by the way, was out for Thanksgiving break. There was no school going on.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 1: The deputy, UH, Deputy Garrison Page was out there directing traffic there. There were no cars. He was directing traffic.
Speaker 2: So he's just out there doing the hand gestures to nobody.
Speaker 1: There's nobody there. The school's closed, there's no traffic to direct in.
Speaker 3: UH.
Speaker 2: Was anybody else with him?
Speaker 1: No, no one was with him. He had apparently indulged in some Mike's Harder lemonade and then had some natty lights going as well in the patrol unit.
Speaker 2: He said, Mike's Harder. Do they have a U A.
Speaker 1: Wink when hard isn't hard enough?
Speaker 2: Taco Bob you go harder exactly all right, reported him time and place, Time and Place Officer of the Year who reported him just various.
Speaker 1: Folks are like, there's a cop out here directing traffic and barking orders. There's no one here.
Speaker 2: He's yelling his air right, and he smells like hard Man Harder. He's you know, it's kind of crazy. But you pull up and he said he was a cheat? What was he? He was a former Deputy of the Year. Okay, I said, Deputy, you pull up in one of your colleagues. Are you just gonna give him a ride home?
Speaker 1: And Garrison? What are you doing, bro?
Speaker 2: Directing traffic?
Speaker 1: What the hell does it look like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna get a citation? Move along? Wait, I work with you. You know I was gonna give you your ride home and tuck you into bed and everything. But now, I mean, Pat, you're a coworker. We didn't remember in the in the nineties if if you were sometimes pulled over, they'd say, hey, you know what, I'm just gonna follow you home, make sure you get there. You you know what I'm talking about, right, you know, I know, I know, yeah, especially if you're like a deputy block from your house. Yeah, and if you're a deputy, well, this was you know, a little different situation harder. Uh, I might have to do that for a shopping beer one.
Speaker 1: New York City residents are finding it difficult to adjust to a huge change in trash pickup procedures.
Speaker 2: So when you tease this one, I was thinking, is it mob related? Because I know.
Speaker 1: The trash pickup, of course is mob related and controlled. We all know that. Yeah, but no, there's a new ordinance that has been put into place. This was one of the things that the mayor there when he ran, he was he was hell bent on doing something about the rat issue in New York City good luck, and he felt that one of the biggest contributing factors to the just, you know, just uncontrollable rat population is the availability of trash. Because the trash is just left out on the curb in plastic bags and the rats can just gnaw right through it, and it's an endless rat.
Speaker 2: Why don't they use trash cans up there?
Speaker 1: Winter winter Taco Bob. That is the new ordinance. If you'll live in a building with more than ten units, your trash can no longer just be slung out on the curb. You got to put it in containers and out on the curb. This is where the residents are having a problem. Space is limited in New York City. That's kind of what I was just picturing.
Speaker 2: If if you live in a unit with let's say twenty people, right, that's twenty trash cans that have to go somewhere.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what they're struggling with right now. Is obviously yes, there's many buildings that just simply have no place to put these cans that are now required. So they're trying to find, you know, a happy median there where like maybe they're putting one large container out on the trash days and everybody just chucks the stuff in there. But then you have an issue with not all the trucks are equipped to pick up other than the just the standardized hands with the arm that flings them up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Eddie's cruise, Eddies. Trash crews aren't really said, uh you know, my my my wife, I won't put on her, but my uncle Eddie uh ran trash. Sure do you ever remember the house that I showed you Billy Joel tried buying from him. Yeah, trash is pretty lucid and connected man there. Yeah, yeah, clothing. Yeah, although I'm good, I'm flipping it around here. If you're the garbage man now in New York City, you're loving this. Why how many times are you there trying to sling those bags that are half torn open, rats hanging out of them? And yeah, you know, you know, if I'm slinging a bag, that's if I'm trash band Bobby here, right, I grab that bag and the bottom goes out, I'm leaving it.
Speaker 1: Did they do?
Speaker 2: I'm not even if there's a sewer nearby, might you know, give it a boot towards the sewer.
Speaker 1: But now the rule, just to be clear here, because I know some of you probably have questions about this. You still have to double back body parts, oh before you put them in the containers now, rather than just leaving them in the bags by the sidewalks.
Speaker 2: Or bawling bag right.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's gonna be interesting to see where they ultimately settle on this, because it does place a predicament on a lot of these buildings. Just there's nowhere to put all these cans.
Speaker 2: We all thought the same thing, just get three big cans for the you know, but you're right, the crews can't handle.
Speaker 1: Here's the other little fun fact I found out in this. If you remember a long, long time ago, and you see this in movies, sometimes it wasn't always just these plastic bags just strewn on the side of the road about fifty that that procedure has been in place for about fifty years. Before that, it was those crappy aluminum, shiny cans that were out there. There were no plastic bags. You just dumped your garbage, raw guard garbage into those and that that's why they moved to the plastic bags from that as an improvement, because there's cans for just vile.
Speaker 2: You have any relatives from up north, well, I'm not gonna pin it on anybody, but there were a couple people, relatives that would come to my home, right, I'll say on my side of the family. They would come to my home pat and a empty out the the you know, the contents of their car right into the can. And of course, you know there's a coffee cup that has half full. It's let that blow up in my nice clean trash can. I know, trash cans for trash, but I'm sorry. And the northern thing I look at you, dude. I would look at that can pat and I go this, I go festering, I go damn Northern people.
Speaker 1: Every time.
Speaker 2: I just go, damn Northern people.
Speaker 1: You use a bag.
Speaker 2: We don't just throw trash in a can. You're in Florida and out and finally there's this one other Thanksgiving notes. You were in Florida. We know our trash? Yes, yes, are you okay over there?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: Trash can?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: The irony?
Speaker 2: It got caught on my shoe and flipped in the spit covered paper everywhere. All right, trash is cleaned up.
Speaker 1: Woman in Alaska named Esther Sanderland, for the third year in a row, has turkey bombed her neighbors. This pulling a script right from the old WKRP in Cincinnati file.
Speaker 2: She's doing it with a big slings No, no, her plane.
Speaker 1: She has been dropping frozen turkeys, not live turkeys, as was the warp faux Pah many years to her rural neighbors in Alaska, comes zooming in and drops frozen.
Speaker 3: Turkeys During the freezer. You can't really get around, you can't travel out there. You can fly one weekend and I was visiting our newest neighbor, and they were talking about splitting a squirrel three ways for dinner and how that didn't really go very far.
Speaker 1: And I just have her newest neighbor who lives like thirty miles away.
Speaker 3: I thought, at that moment, you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna drop them a turkey for Thanksgiving. My vision with this is to reach farther parts of Alaska because there are so many families that live ruled and they're all frozen. So some people are like, does this hurt the turkey? Is it like tender eyed or you know, they're all frozen. They literally just bounce off the ground.
Speaker 2: So they don't know what to do with the turkey. But they'll split a squirrel if I go to my relatives, I'm sorry, you know, family's family. If I walk in and they got a squirrel pinned out like this, pat like taxidermy style way, grab an arm or a leg Hey those arms are legs, squirrel. Oh that's your bright question for the.
Speaker 1: Day s World sound effects please before we human beatbox, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Course station is w j R R M