Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Mister Caplis is not here. I think he's going to the CU game. That'll be okay. You know, Dan and I are alike in a lot of ways, and we're really opposite in a lot of ways. We both think his wife is spectacular. True, we have the same values on a lot of governmental issues. True, we both love our kids. True. But I think he actually has pride from graduating from CEU.
Speaker 3: Oh big time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just nutbags. I mean, that's that makes no sense. See you is a factory of socialism. It pumps out out people who are socialists. It is tax money going to socialism. I understand people have a great time in college, and and by the way, people's great time in college didn't really happen. I think for a lot of people, college is an angst ridden, anxiety filled weird thing. But in the rearview mirror it gets very very rosy. So no, no pride, no SeeU pride here. And yet John, you still live in Boulder, don't you? Yes? How, yes, I do. How people's Republic of Boulder, how partly because it really pisses people off. I mean I Bolder, and I mean this sincerely. Bolder is the most intolerant, hateful town in the state.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: It's full of elitists who claim they support diversity intolerance. But really that's only if you're a liberal or progressive, then they can tolerate you. If your gun owner, no, they hate you. If you're a conservative, no, they hate you. But I've been here for so long that it was my town before it was their town.
Speaker 3: So they can't take that from you.
Speaker 2: Well they can. They have. I'm sure I'm a criminal by their gun laws and everything else. But no, And if you want to know the truth, back in college, I was in my house, I sitting out on the stoop one day and a beautiful, gorgeous topless woman walks by, cuts across my lawn and to go down the road, and I look at her, smile and wave. She looks at me and smiles and waves. And for the last forty years I have been waiting on my stoop for that woman to come back, and until she does, I'm staying in Boulder. A guy can dream. That guy can dream dream three or three seven, one, three, eight, two five five The Land of the Last Hours. Talking to Brad, who didn't really have time to fairly answer the question. He wants to make the case that the current GOP chair is still in power because of all these parliamentary reasons, which will let a judge decide, because a judge will end up deciding this. But the way he was doing it sounded very much like the way election deniers say that Trump didn't win the election. I asked him this question, did Trump lose the election or win the election? So I thought I'd leave him on just for enough to answer that question, Brad, did Trump win?
Speaker 4: Did Trump win the election?
Speaker 5: The answer is I don't know.
Speaker 4: The answer is there was four hundred and fifty thousand new vot placed on our voter roles in Colorado.
Speaker 2: All right, now you're gonna give all the stop stop stop stop stop stop stop, no goodbye. Let me put you on hold because you don't want to have a conversation. You just want to put out your conspiracy theories about Dave Williams okay, so you, But I just want to make it clear. If I let you ramble, you were my turn. If I were to let you ramble, you would be rambling on about all the inconsistencies in the election, giving giving evidence that Trump could very easily have won. Would I be right?
Speaker 4: I don't know, all right, We don't know how those votes would have turned.
Speaker 2: We have no idea, but we have questions. My god, all right, and so Dave Williams. At the end of all this legal maneuvering, and when the courts and the National Party have to decide, do you think Dave Williams will remain in.
Speaker 5: Power again, that's up to the Central Committee.
Speaker 2: Well, oh my god, have a nice day. When somebody has a strength to give me some straight answers, please give me a call three h three seven one three eight two five five seven to one three talk. I'm not trying to do any sort of talk show voodoo on somebody. I just want some straight answers. That's it. The straight answer is that a huge majority of the Central Committee have expressed they want Dave Williams out. Dave Williams is using every last legal maneuver to stay in power. That's the truth. That is the only truth there is. Eighty percent of them voted to yank him. Well, a lot of those were proxies. The majority of those were proxies. Yeah, and when you give your a proxy to somebody, it has the full force and weight of your vote. Let's go to the thrones. Talk to Susie. Hey, Susie, you're with John Calderow. Welcome, Susan.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, Susan, Susan, Okay, sorry, Yes, I am a Republican, but I am not a member of the SEC. And we all know that the meeting last Saturday was illegitimate and that the rn C has weighed in on this, and they did call it illegitimate. So they have not been removed.
Speaker 5: And that is.
Speaker 2: Absolutely opposite of what I heard. Because the spokesman of.
Speaker 6: You may afford you the letter from the rn C, please, I can avoided you. I'll be the documentation here and I can also show you that they were told the question tolf of the Cholera Republican Party. So let me do that, all right, Well, no, you're es for me.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you the question, do you believe a majority of the Central Committee has expressed their viewpoint that they want Dave Williams gone.
Speaker 6: No, the SEC meeting is not until the thirty first, and we know the bulk of the SEC is with Dave Williams.
Speaker 7: How can that be when because meeting with the fringe minority of seventy seven people.
Speaker 6: With enough vote so the proxies do not even count.
Speaker 2: What will it take for you to be convinced that Dave Williams is ousted?
Speaker 6: Well, I will be there at the SEC on Saturday. I invite you to come.
Speaker 2: I didn't ask you that. No, I don't care. I don't care about the Republican Party.
Speaker 6: I know you don't.
Speaker 3: You've I've had it.
Speaker 2: I've had it with a dysfunction. I've had it with the inefficiencies.
Speaker 6: I've had it since minority that's been doing it.
Speaker 2: Wait, did a fringe minority shop? Did a fringe minority call for the burning of gay pride flags? Did a fringe minority? Did a fringe minority? Did a fringe minority endorse eighteen candidates in the primary for the first time in Colorado history, fourteen of which lost. Was that a fringe minority.
Speaker 6: Should calling money from our candidates?
Speaker 2: Did a fringe minority call for the banning and burning of flags.
Speaker 6: Gays against Groomers did that?
Speaker 2: No? I know Gays against Groomers and they never called to burning flags.
Speaker 6: Talk to them again about that.
Speaker 2: I know the head of Gays against Groomers and he did.
Speaker 6: Not call for burn Again about that?
Speaker 2: I asked you, did a fringe minority or did Dave Williams call for the burning of gay pride flags?
Speaker 6: Extringe minority does not speak the State Central Committee.
Speaker 2: Did Dave I'm Williams call for the burning of flags?
Speaker 6: It takes three sixths.
Speaker 2: Did Dave Williams call for the burning of flags?
Speaker 6: People?
Speaker 2: It's a simple yes or no question here, it's a simple question.
Speaker 6: You're not paying attention to the bit.
Speaker 2: But I'm not gonna I'm not going to pay attention to anything till you answer my little question. You answer my question, I'll answer your question. Did Dave Williams call for the burning of Gabe? He didn't, And.
Speaker 6: He is against pedophilia and transcendering of our children.
Speaker 2: So when I read his email calling for the burning of gay pride flags, that was not him. Did somebody did somebody hijack his email?
Speaker 6: He put somebody else's video on there, and you had to read the entire thing. You guys do people like you don't read the entire thing. You think you see part of it, and then you may the judgment call. But the bottom line here is you're saying that Dave has been replaced and he has not. The State Central Committee meeting is this Saturday. Then it will come up and we'll discuss it at that time.
Speaker 7: And so the special meeting that was called had any authority over the State Central Committee or the State Republican Party.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you, this is enjoyable, this desision.
Speaker 6: For three fifths of the State Central Committee.
Speaker 2: What's so enjoyable about this dysfunction? Again, it is two warring poor parties fighting over a postage stamp. This is this is how much land you're you're you're doing so you're not helping Republicans win, you're bashing other Republicans. You're you're not You're not helping people who have lost or won their primaries because they didn't like Dave Williams and Dave Williams decided to endorse the other candidate. This is all just dysfunction, complete dysfunction, And I gotta tell you it's comical. It is comical three h three seven one three eight two five five seven one three talk the procedure said this, and this all right, great, you're gonna go to court. Court's gonna figure it out. The National Party is going to weigh in, and by the time it's solved, the election will be over and Republicans will take it on the chin again because Republicans don't like dealing with reality, at least in this state. Back after this, I'm John Calberian for Capitalis Keep it here six point thirty k how.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I've started to realize just how out of touch many hardcore Republicans are in Colorado. In politics, you need to accept this reality. In order to win. You need to convince people who aren't going to vote for you, your candidate, or your cause to vote for you or your candidate or your cause, which means when you talk to them, you can't think they think the same way you do. This is why, over the last decade Colorado has become the minority of Republicans have become the minority party in Colorado. It used to be the majority. No, Republicans are now the minority, and they they have a hard time accepting political reality. Reality is that in those swing districts that Republicans need to win to get back seats in the state legislature, if you have an R behind your name, you might as well have a swastika. That's not my opinion. That's the opinion of swing voters who are scared of Trump and hate him and want to protect abortion rights. And those are the people you need to tempt over to vote for Republicans. Dave Williams does not do that, or put it more simply, politics is the art of addition, and Dave Williams and his sycophants believe that politics is the art of subtraction. The more you kick people out for not being purest enough, the more we're going to be able to win in the fall. That's just plain delusional. In for in for the big Man, I'm John Kel there are three h three seven to one, three eight, two five five. Have several callers now talk about how how procedurally Dave is still the still the still the guy. Well, I guess the RNC and in the courts will decide. But to say that that the extremists are not the ones in charge of the party that Dave Williams isn't the extremist is I think comical? And the guy calls for burning gay Pride flags and yes, that's what his email said. I read it. When he decides to endorse candidates into a primary, that's extreme. You see, the party doesn't have many functions anymore now that we have campaign finance limits. The party's job is just two things. One to run fair primaries to find out who our candidate is going to be in the fall, and then two to funnel money to them. They cash checks, that's it. They cash checks, often from outside groups like the RNC or the Republican Governors Association or other groups outside of the state to target different races. That's a job. The job is to elect Republicans. When you think about it, you gotta wonder, is there some George Soros character paying off Dave Williams and crew. You've just got a wonder And it's it's sad. It's sad.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: And by the way, even if it was somewhat functional, even if Dave was not the chair right now, even if he accepted the obvious will of the Central Committee and went away, Republicans are still likely to take it on the chinn this fall. Trump is on the ballot, Abortion will be on the ballot, and that's going to bring a lot of folks out.
Speaker 3: One thing that I was thinking too, John, is along the exact lines I've been watching this. I talked to you during the break. You know, I'm pretty plugged into Republican politics like you are. You make appearances, I talk to people. If you were trying to lose, like the Washington Generals to the Harlem globetrotters, if you were trying to sabotage the Colorado Republican Party, what would you be doing differently than Dave Williams right now and up till now.
Speaker 2: I would have stopped spending other people's money from the party on my personal election, which is a huge violation and just completely unethical, And I would I would learn to accept the realities that saying things like burning gay pride flags is a good thing for for Republicans.
Speaker 3: But see, you're telling me what you would do if you want to trying to win. I'm asking you, if you're trying to lose, SUBE, if you're going to sabotage a sabage, sabotage, burn it down, what would you function?
Speaker 2: Dysfunction in a party guarantees your opponent's win. Matter of fact, I remembered eighth grade at Saint Mary's Missus Rinaldo, making it clear. When a party splits, the other party wins. And it's happened throughout history, and it's happening here. It's it's good stuff. Hey, give me a good analogy about what's going on in the Colorado Republican Party. I need to paint this picture better. Three h three seven to one, three eight two five five seven to one three talk and for Dan, I'm John Caldrek.
Speaker 3: Keep it here six thirty k How you're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast?
Speaker 2: Play man, I can guess the artists on this one. Yeah, not Donnie and Marie, not quite Tony Orlando. Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 3: My dad saw him live twice.
Speaker 2: You're kidding.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm so jealous.
Speaker 2: Oh man. I finally saw Clapton last year for the very first time. I'm really glad I did. That was kind of a yeah, nostalgic, right. I wish I was able to see the Who when Keith Moon was alive, but to see Hendrix would have been something to something to take for the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: And my dad saw Clapton when he was with Cream in his prime, late sixties. My dad was everywhere with that.
Speaker 2: Yep, Oh how cool. So my old man, who grew up in the Bronx in the time of some big bands, get this. You go to radio City or someplace and they would have a constant show of a movie and then a comedian and then a band. Nice. So think of this, he believes. Now he's definitely saw all these people, but he thinks it's all on the same show as a kid saw whatever movie, followed by Groucho Marx as a stand up comedian, followed by Tommy Dorsey Orchestra Wow, And Tommy Dorsey Orchestra at the time had the lead singer of Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 3: That's a list upon a list.
Speaker 2: I mean that's you know for a different generation. Oh yeah, that's Hendrix, you know, that's that is as big as that is huge totally, So you know, and this I can say that when I was a kid, I took my little sister to see the Go Gos.
Speaker 3: That's awsome. I always had a big crush on Belinda Carlisle, like who didn't.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, Nah, are you? Are you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What do you mean? What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Nat? Remember that there was that that kind of girl power pop thing that was going on in a while with the Go Gos and No No, who is the other one? The other girl band Bengals, Bengals? That was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Bengals, Bananorama, Kelly's rattling all these off. Joan Jet was the bad girl that I liked too, Blackheart.
Speaker 2: Yeah she is. I'll put up Chrissy Hine from The Pretenders. Love Hill still giving good show.
Speaker 3: Already because she showed a Rush Limba such grace with him using her song, which her dad was a big fan of his program, even though she.
Speaker 2: Was not a conservative.
Speaker 3: Oh really, and she put out the nicest tweet too when Rush passed. Was very graceful and sweet that she paid tribute to him, and she took a lot of heat for it as well from those those who.
Speaker 2: Probably don't know. The theme song at the beginning of every Limbaugh show was was it tearing My City Down? I'm trying to remember my city is gone, My city is gone? By the Pretenders, I think she wrote it, and so you gotta imagine she hated that rush Limbaugh used it.
Speaker 3: At first, she did, my city was gone past tense. But then what she the tale she tells is that she and her dad, her dad was a conservative, and they didn't agree on a lot, so they didn't talk a lot, but that that song, when it would come on and he knew it was her, kind of made his face light up, and it gave them something to talk about, and it brought them together. And it's kind of a nice story of yesterday.
Speaker 2: Nice story.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw her open for the who the pretenders?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 8: And she said, I want to dedicate this next song to the most important organization in America, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
Speaker 2: Big into that. Yeah, Yeah, she's big into that and people. And her reaction to the booze was that's all right, come around sometime, which I thought was, you know, I completely disagree with her on it, but it was like, what a classy way to handle an audience booing at you. Okay, you get there. She's a great lady. I like her a lot. Yeah, yeah, all right, back to what we've got here. I'm trying to find the right analogy for what's going on with the Colorado Republican Party. I think I got one. Here's a writer it says, it feels pretty awful knowing that as a Conservative, my home is being destroyed by and my party representatives are basically destroying each other. It's like two lifeguards fighting over who gets to save someone that's drowning. I saw them all on the streets of Aurora until they put them all in the streets at Aurora, till they can learn how to function. That's a good one. I shall put it this way. It's like two lifeguards fighting over who gets to save someone who's already drowned. I think that will be my I think how about this one, John, I'm going to wholeheartedly agree with you with a bias and caveat about what politics is. The Soviets one political because politically, because they were able to screw up two whole generations of people in the country to where they would not listen to somebody with a different belief Why do you think Generation Z is so important? Generation Z still hangs onto the BS factor of the environment and doesn't understand cycles all right, if Dave is really supporting the Republican Party, he would step down because it's the right thing to do. He's just causing disruption. He's not a Republican, He's not even a rhino. John. At least the last two callers are the reason. The last two callers of the reason Republicans have lost the state of Colorado. That's some DK and Broomfield. Thanks DK. How about this one to Dan Cavilli's you must have some low ratings when John Calferophil and he men to that brother strive for right. Yeah. My goal in life is to ruin his livelihood. If I can do that job done, to go to the phones and talk to Jan three or three seven, one, three, eight, two five five, Jan, welcome here with John.
Speaker 5: Hi, Hi to be here. So so my analogy is actually a very short story, so I'll say it quickly. I'll try and be succinc So I have a great great great uncle that was riding on horse down by the Platte River in Littleton. This was in the early nineteen hundreds, and the sheriff came along and said to him that horse was reported stolen. I'm going to take you to jail, and he did, and it was a little one room jail, and then the people of the town started gossiping, and they said he stole a horse, and somebody else said, yeah, he blasted some women too, and then pretty soon somebody else said he cheated at cards, and somebody else said, hey, he stood up for some kids and he had no right to do that. And pretty soon they worked themselves into a frenzy and they all went down to the jail and said, marshall, you need to take care of this. We want to do something now. And the marshall said, we need to wait for the judge because he will be here in about thirty days. Let's hear this out with the judge. And the people said, no, we want him now, and so, without evidence, without hearing what the truth was, they grabbed him out of the jail and went to lynch him.
Speaker 2: And bring that. Bring that to what's going on with the GOP here in Colorado today.
Speaker 5: Okay, So there was one hearing where the Executive Committee twenty five people met and decided that the petitions were erroneous and they said that they don't count. And then what has happened is this group of people have said we're going to have our meeting regardless, okay.
Speaker 2: Not to get into not to get into the details because I get I get the point, I get the procedural points. I can see that people say, procedurally, this isn't true. So are you Are you comparing Dave Williams to the innocent person who was accused of horse thievery and then hung.
Speaker 5: Yes, because there hasn't been any hearing for him, and this group of people got together to hang him last Saturday without the due process that was set up with the party, and that due process will happen this Saturday. The other point I want to make in it's hand.
Speaker 2: In a second, the other side, and I know many people on it give similar procedural reasons why it was completely legitimate. And I am satisfied that a majority of people on the Central Committee wished to oust him. So I'll ask you this. I'll ask you this. Should the RNC or a judge come in and say no, that vote was legitimate, you are out. Here's the court order for you to give the keys to the office to this other guy. Will you respect that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: So, first of all, it's not a simple majority to oust. It should be three fifths of the whole body.
Speaker 2: You get my larger point. Let me try this again. If a judge agrees with the people who met and ousted him, will you.
Speaker 5: Accept that it's there? Yeah. I mean if the RNC or a judge says that that's true, and I think they will stand with that, I don't believe Dave won't. But what I do believe is is this lynching that's going on that isn't acceptable. And then do you believe.
Speaker 2: That do you believe that Dave went to extraordinary circumstances to make it difficult to have that vote, including having a meeting under a bridge?
Speaker 5: He had the meeting under a bridge because the other side went in and signed up for the structure that was there and put money down so the meeting couldn't be heard there.
Speaker 2: So no, My question was do you believe that Dave Williams went to a great extent to make it difficult to have this vote? No?
Speaker 6: Absolutely not, absolutely not.
Speaker 5: He's been fourth right, the party has been notified of what's going on.
Speaker 2: And that's so we have we have to wait until the RNC or a judge weighs in and then you and Dave Williams.
Speaker 7: Will it'll be Saturday and Saturday and the other group has canceled the meeting so by one by one play it's been canceled by another.
Speaker 2: That's going on. It's all very entertaining. I got to run to a break. Thanks for the call.
Speaker 5: Hold on, let me say one more thing.
Speaker 2: Minute late for break, Go ahead and get it out.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, okay. So Monday night, the Greeley School Board voted to allow kids to change their names to wear clothes they want. And teachers are in trouble if they tell their the parents what's going on. That's what they voted on Monday night. And so that is grooming, and that is what what does that.
Speaker 2: Have to do with the topic we're talking about, because.
Speaker 5: That is what Dave Williams is speaking up against, is grooming. He's not speaking there, and.
Speaker 2: So have I many and I've done so without saying we should burn flag about it.
Speaker 5: If we don't speak up about it, people aren't going to be aware.
Speaker 2: Got it all right? Thank you for the call. Gotta go three oh three uh seven one three eight two five five. By the way, I agree completely with our last caller. We gotta sat in a light on this grooming and it's and it is awful and it's ridiculous calling for people to burn gay pride flags is not the way to do it. Back after this, keep it on six thirty k how.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: You gotta admit this is a good opener. I miss I miss Rush. Yeah, it's iconic.
Speaker 3: You hear it. You know what it means.
Speaker 2: You know what it means. He never changed it over all of his years. Nope, I never liked it. He's showing my age when Johnny Carson would change up his set, you know, and the curtain that he you have would change. Oh no, no, the old colored one. I like the one with all the colors. Yeah, yeah, and uh this it was just it was just great. And I believe the Pretenders continue to play that song in concert without any hesitation, even though they hated the man or hated what he stood for. Right, Hey, three or three seven, one, three eight, two five five In for Capitalists, I'm John Caldera to the phones. We go to justin justin good evening. You're with John Caldera.
Speaker 4: Hey, John, how you doing here?
Speaker 3: For you?
Speaker 4: Well, I want to go back to the day of fans tracks. I'll change topics a little bit. RTD has the trains going ten miles an hour because they don't do regular maintenance into a Roncos game. To me, an hour and a half from Little Tin to Downtownship be like a twenty three minute ride. And of change trains. I want to give you a little feather in your cap about that. What was it back in the mid nineties, you and the independence in the institute, we're saying the fast tracks to be a told of fastertainin.
Speaker 2: I led the campaign against what was called Guide the Ride in nineteen ninety seven. They came back with like four times more money in two thousand and four and passed fast tracks against our very clear information that it was a scam. RTD is not about moving people. RTD is about moving money once you understand and accept that everything else makes sense, moving.
Speaker 4: Money to the people that are not taxpayers. But yeah, so I don't know if you know that the news lately left or three months the trains have been going ten miles an hour instead of fifty five. Have you heard about that story?
Speaker 2: And think about that. These tracks are relatively new, they should last thirty years before they need to be replaced. And it's still not work. Yeah, it's embarrassing. It's and remember we were supposed to get some relief from traffic is a relief in traffic, and here no, In fact, what it's done is guaranteed traffic because it takes the space that could be used for carpool lanes or bus lanes or even general purpose lanes away. The real cost of rail, if you take anything, the real cost of rail is the right of way that when you take away the right of way that could be used for something that relieves traffic and puts on something that keeps a government monopoly in place. And that's the only reason for rail is to keep other competitors off. You realize what a waste it is. Think of the rail going down to the tech center on I twenty five. That could be a bus lane that could be having transit fly at full speed doing express routes. Whenever you see a railroad track for RTD, you look at it and a car goes by and you go, oh, that's not don't look at it when a car goes by, look at it when there's no car on it. It's like looking at a lane of highway you're not allowed to drive on. In fact, no one's driving on it, and then fifteen minutes later a car goes by and then it's empty. If there was a lane next to you that was treated that way, you'd lose your stuff. And that's what it is. Hey, I'm John Caldera. Check out the Independence Institute. Go to thinkfreedom dot org. That's thinkfreedom dot org. Sign up for my newsletter. I'd love to keep in touch with you, and by all means, keep it here here on six thirty K how