Speaker 1: At a book.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to be able to listen to the show without ads and have full access to bonus content, that's an option. To find out how, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com forward slash podcast. Hey everyone, thanks so much for joining us for another livestream episode of Dogman Encounters Radio. Really appreciate you listening. If you had to have an encounter with a dog man, do you think it could be better if it was just a regular dog man or a mutated one. Well, considering the fact that tonight's guest encountered would appear to be a mutated one, I guess he'd be the perfect person to ask that question without any further ado. Having said that, let's bring him in here.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Tonight's guest wish is to mean anonymous, and with that in mind, I'm just gonna call him Pancho. Poncho, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, how are y'all?
Speaker 2: That's great having you here. Pancho, please give us a brief bio in yourself.
Speaker 1: Brief bio is I'm a I'm an avid outdoorsman. I love going outdoors, although I haven't been outdoors quite a lot in the last few years just because of all everything that's been going on. I'm a veteran. Uh I Uh, Like I said, I I love I love dogs, I love I love animals. I love you know, farm life, whatever you want to say, what everyone call it, like being outdoors. Uh uh. I don't know what to say about me. I don't I don't talk about myself a lot, but uh uh, you know, I don't drink. I don't drink a lot. Not much of a party animal. But I like to get out and I like to get out and out in the woods. And I feel like sometimes when I'm up in tree stands or out in the river or wherever I'm at, I'm as close to God as I'm ever going to get.
Speaker 2: I'd say you are as close to God. Well, you'll get closer after you leave this world. But well, yeah, I understand what you mean.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 2: And thank you so much for your service to our country. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: The recruiter lied Tomy, I was doing it for the chicks. He said, they love the uniform.
Speaker 2: Well, they normally do.
Speaker 1: Here, I am. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Those guys will tell you anything to get you to sign it. Yeah, they definitely will. Considering all that time you've spent in the outdoors. He said that you're an avid outdoors man. And also you spend all that time in the service. What's been the most frightening thing that's happened to you that didn't involve a dog man or a sasquatch.
Speaker 1: Most frightened thing, you know, snow skiing. For whatever reason, that's my that's my one. Uh, that's my one. Like irrational fear. I think it was. Uh, I think was. We were in manans Manasses, Virginians skin and we're skiing along. I looked to my left. I've seen a tree well, and I looked down there and I said, if somebody goes down there, they're dead. They ain't coming out. And I looked up in my group. Since I was learning to ski, they were, you know, seventy five hundred yards in front of me. Maybe not that far, but well, when they went down, they all went down out of sight. But it looked like it was a straight road or like a straight trail because it was a pretty simple trail. Anyway, For whatever reason, that stuck with me. I can't explain why it's snow skiing, but uh, yeah, that and that's that I wouldn't say that was even scary. That's just how I developed that. Yeah, yeah, I don't know, I think if if I had to say so, it was the actual scariest thing ever. I mean, a couple of I eds and losing a couple of friends and uh, seeing the seeing the bullet that was going to hit me, but it went right over my head because I thankfully I stepped down from off coming off a roadbed and I remember looking up and it was the first round fire and it went straight over my head. I just seen an orange dot with a little black tip on go right over my head. Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, thank goodness he did step down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was it was like perfect timing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, i'd say it wasn't goodness and that I like.
Speaker 1: I said, I I saw the one that was meant for me, and it missed me by about three foot and that's about how far I went down the hill. But the guy behind me coming down the same trail was about eight. He was he was he was an Asian dude, so but he was probably at least a good foot shorter than me foot and a half shorter because I'm six four. So but yeah, you know, we went right over his head too. I just turned around and said, did you see that? He said, get down anyway, long story.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, that sounds like good advice to me. Yeah, since you had an encounter with what would appear to be a mutated dog man, like I said in the opening, you're the perfect person to ask this question if you had your drothers, would you rather have an encounter with a normal looking dog man, a normal dog man, or a mutated one like the one you encountered.
Speaker 1: The one I saw it wasn't It wasn't scary. I mean it was there was nothing scary about it. There was no like, I didn't see any exposed teeth, the you know, the uh it's it's it's face or it's muzzle. Hey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not to interrupt you there upon you, but yeah, hold on to any details about that guy until after I asked you to tell us about your encounter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd much rather just run into what I ran into again. Is it? It just looked like when it when it turned and faced me for the second time, it just looked like, hey, dude, you're cool, you know, or or he loved me or something. I just felt I felt like once it once I got after about a half a second looking at it, I just thought, whatever that is, it's not it doesn't mean you no harm, you know, so.
Speaker 2: Well, thank goodness with that. Yeah, definitely. In our first conversation, you said that your dog mean encounter didn't leave you traumatized, and you just explain, why does that mean that you're open or even hoping to have another encounter with a dog man or maybe even that same one or are you good?
Speaker 1: H You know, I wouldn't mind seeing it again if it was the same one, I think. I think maybe if there's lines of communication that we could go down, or some kind of mutual respect that we can discover about each other, I don't think I think that would be cool. I mean, I wouldn't mind it if if I had, if it kept coming to my house the you know, you know, I wouldn't. It wouldn't bother me, is what I saw. Like I said, I wasn't real scared of it. I mean at first I was in shock, but I was going so fast at the time. I mean, it's it happens really fast when you're on the bicyt. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, well, as you can say that that's a really good thing, because as sure beats the pants off you being traumatized and having a hard time doing what you need to do in life. Fake goodness, Oh.
Speaker 1: It could after the fact, or well no, actually, right when it happened, I knew. I was like, I think I said this in the story. I knew positively It's like, I'm either going to be dead or I'm going to have a good story. And that's literally what I thought. But I think I thought, it's either going to kill me because it's arms gonna come out and just grab me as I go by, or I'm gonna have a good story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you're right about the second part. You do have a good story. And speaking of that, let's get to it now. Please tell us all about that experience. Give us every last detail that comes to mind.
Speaker 1: Right. I had just moved from Oklahoma up here to Missouri with my Family's got some land down south here, south of where I'm living now, and so i'd been in this area before, but back in the mid eighties, you know, And it was just to play ghosts in the graveyard with some uncles and well cousins of mine, not uncles, but cousins of mine. And I've been in the area down there at the Greenville the Lower Greenville or what they call Old Greenville State or state park slash campground. Now, I've been down there, but when I was down there, there was no paved trails, that's there were the camp sites weren't there. There was just all trees. There was like little playground or what have you. But the cousins, being so much older than me, they all kind of just went their way and kind of left me. You know, I didn't get much ghost in the graveyard. Now, there is a military cemetery there on the on the facility on in the in the campground, and there's two of the unknown soldiers, not maybe three or four miles away. Then down on a F F Highway is where my grandfather lived, which which is the south side of the Saint Francis River. So I knew the area fairly well. And once I get kind of got my feet on the ground underneath me here where I'm living now, I decided one weekend to go out there to the back out there because I heard that there was a bike trail out there, and I just you know, i've mountain bike with my dog. I was training him training at Sabo to you know, ride with me. You know, paved trails perfect. So we go down there one weekend and we were driving down there and get down there and I just as we get to the park, I realized that there's some signs out that says, hey, you know, campground's closed. You know, park is closed. D da da da dah. And I'm thinking, yeah, whatever, you know. So I get on the trail, you put on my gear on whatever, now mine you it's January's and it's cold out. It's like the first, if not the second week of January. It's cold out, and you know, had a lot of snow and a lot of melt off and a lot of rain and what have you that that month. And so there was a lot of a lot of water going on. And I got on my bike. We rode the trail and rode all the way into town, rode into the Midway cafe. Had something to eat, I think that day. I can't remember what I had now, you know, burger and shake or something, or I always get a chocolate dip cone because that's where one of my uncles. We used to go there all the time. When we'd go to our property, we'd stop buy it there. We just would go driving back road and we'd end up out there. We always get a soft Incombe, you know. And so that was that week and I thought, well, you know, I'm gonna work with Sabos some more and i'm'll come back next weekend. So the second weekend, we get up a little earlier, or it wasn't early early, but it was earlier than the last time the week before, and we'll probably get pulling in that place that it got it seemed like it was at least nine o'clock, eight thirty nine o'clock in the morning we were pulling in. Uh, maybe maybe later. I didn't check the time. But if anybody goes down to the Greenville Green that that area there's like a there's a river access points, got a boat ramped out of park and it's nice, spacious. It's part of the There's there's like a an old ferry site there where they where you could cross the river on a boat, on a on a raft. There's some history there there. There's part of the there's an old Civil War skirmish took place on the on the property. There's a trail of tears went right through old Greenville back in the day, they you know, some one of the sad event. I can't believe that's stuff's happened anyway. So but as we're going down that road, I'm just I'm going down and I'm driving, and all of a sudden, I feel like something happened. It's just like, all of a sudden, I'm ten seconds ahead of where I should be because I just, all of a sudden, I boom, I'm farther down the road than I should have been. I thought, well, what the you know, was that? You know, what what am I what sensation? As I as I realized or as I'm going through trying to figure this out, I look up into my right and there's a red and black Hughes helicopter or I don't think Hughes makes anymore. I think it's a bell, but it's an old, huge five hundred style helicopter. And I thought, well, you know, at the time, I was thinking, oh, it's an old farm or something, just checking his fields or you know, joy riding whatever they're doing. And as I make the kind of turn off the park or turn off into the into the parking area for the boat ram, I'm just going through this in my mind. I turn right and kind of get or it's hard to say, but then I look off to my right, underneath the bridge where sixty seven goes over the river. I look down there. There's some vehicles down there. Well, I go park and I realize, being that I used to work for the Corps of Engineers, there's two Corp of Engineer police vehicles, two State Game War vehicles, and a pickup truck with a trailer and a big fuel tank on it. I'm sitting everything and I didn't know it was a fuel tank at first. And there's some ATVs as well. But I just I just remember, oh, well, you know, it's I'm here. I'm not going back. I mean, it's almost two hour ride down here. I'm gonna jump back and or get my stuff on. And when I say getting my stuff on, I'm decked out. I got like an orange construction jacket on. My bicycle's orange tables, got an orange jacket out, I got orange gloves on. It's you know, January. I'm not gonna get out in the woods and not wear on right and uh so, but I think, you know, these guys are over in the main parking lot, over by where the playground is and the bathrooms and all that, and probably so they could warm up, get out of the weather or whatever. But anyway, there's a trail that goes off, you know, kind of on the north side of the park. I took that trail, and I rode right back at them. They didn't wait, they didn't look, they didn't yell at me, they didn't nothing. And I get it. I get down there, and I remember I took the right hand turn there, and then there's a little trail. You can either go straight through the campground or you go right, and there's an old they are not old, but they got a trail that that basically cuts through the old town of Greenville where there's some old foundations and sidewalks and street signs, and there's a few park benches and well, uh not park benches, but chairs and seating and stuff that you go by. And and I'm cruising down there, and just you know, going to ride the same trail I rode the weekend before. And I go down there and there's a I get on the trail and I'm cruise now. Also, I don't know if I mentioned this when the last time I told the story. I have a little I have a bluetooth speaker on my bicycle that I'm just blasting. I like to and for whatever reason, I like to blast, you know, a tribal or American, tribal Indian music drums, you know, what have you. And uh so I'm blasting that as loud as I as loud as I speak. Real go and I'm going down this trail. I get all the way down to Mountain. I would say, let's just call it the halfway point. Where there's a y in the trail. You can go left and you go over to the Saint Francis River, or you can go straight and go into Greenville. And uh, I like to go over and I do some recreational activity over there at the at the at the table, and I jump back on my bike and go into Greenville. And I said, it's by now. It's it's eleven o'clock. Probably I don't I want to keep it track of no time. But uh, I eat something, grab another cone or whatever it was. I ate, get back on my bike and I get stable straightened out. When we get across the street, there's a dollar General. There's a a little you know, Uh, surp not surplus store, but like a what do you call it? A hardware store? And then a bank. Well, I pull up to where the sidewalk kind of ends there at the bank, and I'm letting Sabo off and I look down at him, and he's coiled up, like ready to strike, and I thought, well, you know, he's a he's a he's a high high, high maintenance dog. Not maintenance, but just high energy dog. And maybe he's just ready to go, you know, you know, he'd been doing so good, I thought he would just follow me, you know. Well, he takes off towards a highway and I don't know what because I didn't really I didn't, you know, And he took he took off on what I thought was immediately I knew he was he was tracking something. I mean, he was, he was. He had taken a pursuit angle, like you were doing football. You know, a guy catches football and you run, you run in front of him to catch him, right, And he was on some sort of a pursuit angle, and I couldn't not just what the heck are you doing? Some yellow for him? Yellow for him? I kind of ride up the trail towards there and there's a there's a tunnel that goes underneath the highway. Well before that is where he where he stopped off giving chase, and I remember he got he ran through the open field to the to where the vegetation line was, and then he just cut off and he just turned around and ran right to me, jogged right up to me like nothing never happened. So I hook him back into the least and I'm like, hey, man, don't do that no more, you know, trying to trying to teach you the rights and wrongs. The whole time, I'm thinking, I'm about to lose my dog. He's not even a year old now, you know. And uh he might have been eleven months I think that was. I know he was, that would have been thirteen months old. He would have been, Yeah, he's thirteen months old then, and uh so I just hooking back in. I get to riding and it's kind of a little bit of open uphill until you get underneath the bridge where there's a little bit of uphill. When you get past the tunnel, you get you know, you go through the tunnel and then pass that just a little litle bit of uphill and it starts a downhill. Well we got up to about I don't know, I wasn't out of the out of the tunnel more than twenty thirty yards. And I'm like, all right, let's try this again. Let's let him off the leash. And I let him off the leash and boom, he's gone. Well, no, he ran for we. I got back on my bike, start peddling, and then boom, he just takes off again. But he goes up to the top of this hill and he's kind of running the ridge line like just I mean, I can see him. So I start pedaling and I'm trying to keep up and and I'm on this big twenty nine inch bike, so I'm up pretty high and I'm peddling. I'm yelling at I'm like, hey, come on, dude. You know, I remember my music was going. I don't remember what song was playing or whatever, but it was, like I said, it was tribal music. So I'm going and I just keep yelling at him, yelling at him. So I come to the top of the hill. When you get to the top of the hill, and it starts going downhill, and I start getting up some speed and I look up and there is still still on the top on the ridge line. I'm like, you know, he's wearing oinge. I can I can see him for a distance, and uh, I'm gonna say it. I just looked forward and as I'm coming down the straightaway, I look up on this hill where it kind of there's there's he's on this ridge line, and then there's a little saddle and then it comes up to this next hill and it goes up again, and then there's another ridge line. But that ridge line kind of runs runs left and right in front of me. And and if you follow that ridge line right across it, he would like create imagine their line across it will across my trail again. Where I'm riding my bike and I look up and I see this big, I mean, just hulking gray object, and I'm thinking what And when I saw it, I didn't know what to think. I just thought, whoa, you know, And because it looked like to me, I imagined that he had just come to a stop like it was running away from us, and then did one hundred and eighty degree turn and and and when it did it, it looked like it literally like planet its left foot picked up its right foot and pivoted on its right foot but kind of raising its knee up, and then it turned and let that leg down, stopped and then like like it was looking for Sabo because he had a bell on too. He has a bell on his on his leash all the time, so he might have been looking at that or seeing that, because on my bicycle he might not. I don't know if he saw me or heard me or what it was, but he looked over at Sable and I thought, oh, god, he's going to eat my dog, you know, or whatever. And then it looked and it saw me, and I said, what is that? You know kind of deal, and and then it turned and made a left face, did a ninety degree tack, turned to the left, and when it took off started running, picked up its one leg. It was just like a train, just like like like a like a steam driven piston, you know. Just it took three good steps before it actually got moving at a decent speed. But once he got going, I was like, oh, And at the whole time, I'm thinking what you know? And I also thought as soon as I saw it and it started turning, everything, I thought, well, that thing's it's smooth. I don't see any texture to it. There's no you know, there's it's it looked like a like an old mid eighties jogging suit, like gray jogging suits. I'm like, is that a jogger. If that's a jogger, there's nobody over, there's nobody jogging over seven foot tall, that's you know. All these things are going through my mind and I'm like, and I just remember it and it's hands. When it moved, it was like if you tuck your thumb into your middle fingers, and that's what it looked like. It looked like just like you know, and it just started churning, just kind of like it was. It was running, but it wasn't normal. It wasn't It wasn't like an athletic, you know runner it was doing. It was more like a I don't know what you would call it, but uh, I'm sure there's a scientific term for it. But then as it was running, I realized, I'm and as I'm picking up speed going down this hill, and i know I'm kind of outrunning running Sabo now because I'm I got the I'm using gravity, and uh, this thing runs across this trail and it stops on this tree and it just goes just like that, stops and I look at it and I see its face now and I see it and all I can tell is it's muzzle isn't long like most dogs. It isn't short like a pug, somewhere in between kind of I would say, kind of like a mountain lion, cougarish leath, you know, just not not pug, not not full full muzzle. And it had like inverted triangle, you know, patch of black and I and then when I first saw it, I thought it had it had a hood on with like I said, I headphones on, which would make it a little bit bigger than its face and everything. But it looked like it was just wearing a hoodie. But it was kind of, I don't know, just kind of bigger than what you you know. It just made it look like it was big ears or something, but it wasn't. It was it was. I didn't I don't remember seeing ears so much as I saw that hoodie, the shape of the hoodie. But uh so it crosses the road, it looks like it looks at me like that, and I get half a second and that's where I thought, oh, shoot, this thing is either gonna it's gonna reach out from behind that tree. It's gonna take me off the bike, and it's I'm dunzies. And I thought to myself, I said, I don't care. It's just gonna pedal faster. I'm a pedal hard and at this point in my life, I don't care, you know. I just I just I was ready to I I knew for a fact I was either gonna it was my life was gonna end right then and there, or I was gonna have a great experience or a story to tell it, you know. And uh, it did this like a I call it a dip out like people say, hey, I got a dip you know, like like I gotta leave. It just kind of took a let he kind of just like like when his hands was like this, he just kind of lowered his hands, took a left step behind that tree where I couldn't see it no more. And it wasn't two or three seconds later. I was not more than five at the most eight feet away from where it was standing. And I looked over my shoulder as I passed by it still speeding, and it's gone now. Mind you, When I say it took that left step. Everything to the left, it's an old railroad grade through there. Everything to the left of that where he stepped, which would be my right, is downhill into water. Because of all the rain, the melt off, and just the high water levels, there was eight ten inches of water down there. I didn't see anything down there. Nothing was moving, nothing was running. So I stopped. I wasn't thirty forty yards from where I passed that tree, and I stopped, and I'm calling for Sabo now, and he's running down that hill. I mean, he was right on it. I know for a fact he was chasing whatever that was. I mean, I'm saying it's a dog man. Now that I've had some time to reflect on it, I started looking for after the fact. That's kind of how I got involved with some of the other programs that I you know, what's what, and then you know, led me to you. I was doing a little research and I thought, Nephi, Liam, you know, well I learned of uh the Egyptian Uh well, I can't even think of now, but anyway, so I thought Sable came down the hill. I'm kind of spasling right now, but Sable came down the hill and he ran right up to that tree where I saw him last him or her, And he came up to that tree and then he was he turned off. Now sable. When he's on, he's on, and when he's off, he's off. And I knew he was like he had switch flipped on him. He's like, oh, I'm done, and he runs right to me and I hook him in and I'm thinking, you know, I stop and I probably sit there for I don't know, two three minutes at the most, going all right, if this thing's going to jump out from behind the tree, he bring his family, and I didn't know what was going to happen next. It's just like I was prepared for it. I didn't go for my gun. I just was like I was just pretty pretty much just like I can't believe. I just saw that, you know. And at this time, I'd been seeing a lot of stuff, a lot of UFOs, and I had a previous experience three months before. We won't get into it just yet, but that was something else. And I pedaled my bike maybe I don't know. It's forty fifty more yards and there's goes up a little hill and there's a there's a table there, park table, and I think the trash cans since been moved or gone, but there's a park table there. And I just sat there for I don't know, fifteen twenty minutes, thirty minutes, you know, just trying to soak all this in and figure out what I was going to do next. And I guess, you know, me being me, I thought, you know, i'm by myself. I'm not really ready to get into the woods. That thing is big. Whatever I was going through my mind then, that just was ready to get out of there. So I loaded him up and we got out of there. And as we're pedaling back, we go past those rangers again and they're just and now I heard the helicopter on the way back, but I didn't see it, but the helicopter was landed there, so I assumed, you know, well, it's a state doing something, and pretty sure it was. They were hunting hogs, but I didn't know, so I just kind of passed them up. I won't go and talk to him. I you know, i'd do the same for Bigfoot. I was like, you know what, before I tell anybody what I just saw, especially when I know these people are armed, because they were using a pretty high end Vanelli shotgun twelve gate shotgun that I saw the second time I saw the helicopter. I know that they were using a Banelli shotgun not the first time, but I didn't see any guns the first time. But so I went to my truck from there and just trying to kind of soak all this in and get get out of my cause I got this really cool set of cover alls. I like, I'm taking them all off, and there's no sooner and I'm done getting or getting ready to get in the truck and get out of there. A Nissan I think, I want to say it was a Titan, that a maroon Nissan Titan pulls up and a lady gets out and she's like, hey, what's going on? And I remember just kind of being being me, you know, and I was like, oh, hey, you know, uh, you know, I got nothing much I got to I just you know, I just turned the conversation into me. I was like, yeah, I got a good job of driving a nice truck, you know, kind of like what you doing, like hey, hey, you know, kind of flirting with her a little bit, you know, in a cute little way. And then the guy that gets out of the driver's seat, and it didn't hit me because I've got so many uncles. I mean, I come by that just my mom or just my mom's side of the family. I know there's there's at least twenty two grandkids or children of my grandfather's he's I've got twenty two aunts and uncles that and then four are adopted. Uh so there's there's there's really twenty six. And then we found we found out at least two, if not three, since then our children and my grandfather. My grandfather was ladies man. I guess you'd say so. I had three grandmother's long story. But so one of them gets out of the truck and I swear to goodness, like I said, it didn't hit me at the time because it's one of the uncles I don't know very well, but I swear it was one of my uncles got out and you know, here I am joking around with his girlfriend, wife whatever, and uh, it just didn't hit me until after I after the fact, a few days later. I think it was when I was like, was that one of my uncles? I haven't you know, I don't I don't talk to that side of the family very much anymore because it's some other family issues, you know. But yeah, that that was. That was it, you know, that was pretty much you know, And I didn't And it was a few days later that I came home and had another event. But I don't know what it was. I was. I was in the backside of the property here where I walk my dog, and it was oh, well, I know, I know, it was dark. It was ten thirty eleven o'clock and it was still kind of winter. It might have been February by now by the time this happened for all I know, but it was still pold and I can't remember if there's snow on the ground that day or not. But I remember walking Sabo out back and there's a hill there where there's a retaining wall, but you can there's a portion of it where you can still walk up and there's no you know, where the retaining wall ends. You can kind of walk up, and there's another parking lot there, and there's a trail where I always take Sable. Well, this big dog goes. I mean it was every minut as big, but as of a Dalmatian, not Dalmatian. All those big old Marmaduke dogs. Anyway, big dog. It just went trotting into that trail where Sable and I go all the time. And I'm sitting there thinking, oh, the one day I don't bring my flashlight, Oh my god, and this happens, and I just I just take Sable and we just go right back under the house. We just I was like, whatever, you know, and I just kind of blew that off, you know. And it took me a few, I don't know a few times to even realize that could have maybe been that thing may have followed me. I don't know if it was, or it could have just been a straight dog. But I ain't seen it since. And usually if you see a straight dog, you know, especially with all the food and stuff that's around here, you're probably gonna see it again. But I've never seen that dog again. But with what little light I could see in the distance from the light, it was it was just a dark it was just a shadow basically, by the time I saw it, it was a dark shadow. No I don't say it was black, but it was either brown or gray, I don't know. But uh, but that's my pretty much my whole dog man experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really does make you wonder if the second one that you saw there was a dog man or if it was just a big straight dog. It's really hard to say. And of course, not everything that runs around on all four legs, and you know this, not everything that runs around on all four legs out there that is can it in appearance is a dog man? And we talked about that before. You're the first one to acknowledge that fact. But it really does make you wonder if it was that big, what it was.
Speaker 1: You know, and if it was, it wasn't as big as it was, if it was the same thing, it wasn't the same size. It was big, but it wasn't as big as what I saw that day that that first, the first experience I had with a dog man. It was not that big because this thing, I mean, it had to be I'm must say nine to And I went back out there and kind of used the tree to kind of figure without a ruler. I kind of maybe on the high side, twelve feet I doubt it, but i' must say nine ten foot for sure. You know, it was pretty big, and it just it was it looked just like if to me when it turned to its and it just looked like a dog if it would even put its legs up on a tree or something and stretch out. That chest was just very pronounced, very very much so like a like a dog, and very skinny at the waist. But it seemed like to me it's legs and everything were just not in the right portion. It just and then the way it took off and chugged those first three times, I almost thought it was wounded or maybe with it in its color, in its smoothness, I was just like, man, that thing was in some kind of transformational stage, like it was about to you know, beat me up, Scottie or something kind of heal. And but I didn't. I don't remember seeing a tail, and I don't remember seeing fur. I just remember it was literally like it was just wearing a jogging suit, very smooth texture, you know, and your arms were big and muscular, like like kind of like the ones that you know on your little picture there on the left of the screen. They were just like straight, you know, just there weren't defined. There weren't nothing but his back his rear legs. Look, I mean, there was a distinct difference. They were like big and muscular and just misproportion when it turned and it had that leg up and it just went chug, chug chug, and I say chug, but you get it, and it just but it ran through the woods. There wasn't and I've been back there Samson walked that ridge line and there's a whole lot of stuff that slowed me down, and this thing was gaining speed. There wasn't nothing stopping and going through there. But I didn't, you know, with the wind and the music going and everything. What's odd though, I've been back fifteen twenty times since then, But now when I go through that area, I do not get a signal from my phone in that area no more. So I don't hear any music when I go through that area anymore. And I don't know why, but now most every time I stop, I stop, and I and I probably can't remember exactly what tree it was. And I wish if I'd had more wherewithal about me, I would have stopped and looked for footprints and marked the tree, you know, and all that, and took pictures. But I just wanted to get out of there. And yeah, because it was just a really eery feeling, because you know when you when you're sitting there, you think, you know, with everything I've been through in my life, like, hey, I may be dead in the next few seconds. I kind of didn't want to die there, you know. So but I still know know when I go back and I don't, I don't let the experience, you know, get to me or nothing. I go back there. I didn't go back there for a good probably six eight weeks after that, but I've been back quite a few times after that and since then. But now I just sit there and I talk to it, you know, I don't. There's people come around the woods and their little electric bikes, you know, hearing me talking because I speak out loud when I talk to them now. But I'm just like, if you're out there, you know, I'd love to see it again, you know kind of deal. But uh, yeah, it was just can't explain it. I mean, it's it's it. We were talking before the show. You know, I wouldn't have probably seen it again. I would.
Speaker 2: Well, as long as you can say that, then that's a good thing. That's a really good thing. And he said it didn't look like it was injured to you making a move the way it did, But do you think it might have been sick? And that's why it looked the way that it did.
Speaker 1: Well, I was thinking it could have been injured. It was like I think my first thoughts were, it's either injured or in some kind of transformational phase, which is why it seemed like it was moving kind of weird because we like when it was running, it wasn't running like we would run. It was just it kind of had this different, like just different movement to it. I remember that, you know, But I didn't, like I said it when it looked at me, and I knew I was looking at it, and I didn't really see its eyes as much as I've seen. What I thought was a mask, you know, like a raccoon mask almost, And I just thought, you know, this thing isn't mean it's it's not out to hurt me. It's you know, but I was still I was ready for when I went by that tree, I thought, oh man, that's why I was gaining speed. I said, fit reaches out and grabs me. It's it's just gonna knock me off, and it's gonna hurt really bad. And it could be you know, if it did knock me off that could kill me alone. You know, I've been through two motorcycle wrecks. I know it comes to a sudden stoppings life, but I didn't care at that time. I just thought it, well, I'm just gonna pick up speed someone now. And I sit there back in the wonder I was like, if I stopped, would it have stayed? You know, would it have you know, it might? And I think they choose you. You know, I think your energy is what draw either draws them to you or you're just lucky. I mean they show I think they just show themselves to who they want to. Or if you're really quiet and you catch them around, you know, some kind of noise or water running, maybe they're not paying as much attention, maybe they're relaxing. I think the lucky people are lucky. But I think this one chose me because of the experience I had three months before, and all the little weird things that happened for that, you know, and everything I've seen, you know, in the in my life. It just I was like, you know, there's this world's too big to say we're the most intelligent, biggest, brightest, strongest things walking this planet. I'm of the persuasion that we've been being lied to about everything ever since before Roman times. They've been changing, manipulating the story for power and greed. They've been they control us through the media, through our education, just like they've been doing for thousands of years. We've been being like to. So how is it they can say this doesn't exist, but I just saw it, you know, it's yeah, I just it's you know, small world, a huge planet. There's too much out there, too much, too much, too much energy, too much everything for me to believe that we're we're the only thing walking this planet. And if they can come and go as they please, like interdimensional, I would say, yeah they can, because this thing disappeared. I mean it was behind that tree and nowhere to be seen. And I and I'm telling you, if it was more than five seconds, I'd be surprised. From the time it disappeared, or the time it stepped, or the time it dipped, the time I passed it. I know it wasn't five seconds, and it well, if it was five seconds, it was five seconds and it was gone. Did it absorb into the tree, did it become the tree? I don't know, Did just go into thin air? Did it go up to space, go down to the depths of Hell? I couldn't tell you, but it was there and I saw it, and it ran for it would probably be eighty to one hundred yards in the time. I can't, I can't. I barely covered that distance. I don't know how far it was that I covered, but I was. I was cruising pretty fast, but it was going faster than I was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it must have been really moving then he was cruising. Oh, no, I believe it is that your he around the Old Greenville campground a vast forest? Or is the campground surrounded by homes and farms?
Speaker 1: No, it's it's a lot of farm land around it. There's a of course, there's sixty seven that kind of splits the boat ramp and the campground parking lot because there's like a little campground or I'm sorry, there's a little playground, and then there's a campground to the west of the highway. The east of the highway is the boat ramp. But yeah, there's a lot of farm land around there. Then there's Saint Francis River runs. I mean this this trail basically follows the Saint Francis River. It's an old uh Like I said, it's an old railroad right away that goes through there, and I highly recommend that area. If anybody's out there, you know, got to you don't want to go out there. It's a great trail. It's all paved and you'll see a lot I've seen some deer. I saw seven deer jump the trail once out there, and it wasn't this during my experience I went out there. It's probably two or three times after my experience. Seven deer they and they didn't cross the trail. They jumped the trail at every one of them. They come up about four or five feet away from it and they leaped across the trail in front of it. Was it was. I've never seen a group of deer all jump the same trail. You know, some usually jump, some walk it, most of them walking. But all seven of these deer just beautiful, beautiful. I'd pay money see that again. Just wish I got it on film. Now I'm debating going out and buying a drone that has the follow me feature. So and I need to put a I've got a uh, a car recorder, a dash cam and everything. I need to install all that but I'm not real good at processing video, nor do I care. I'm not a I'm not a video oographer. But I've been through a lot in my life. I've seen a lot of stuff. If I'd had it on video, maybe somebody didn't believe my story, but some you know, if even if I had this whole event on video, I don't think anybody believe me. They'd say, oh, you're that's a great editor you AI did, or that's fake, or you had somebody in a suit costume. Ain't I ain't about that, And I damn sure, I ain't about to try to, you know, raise everybody's awareness to win and where this animal's at, to give them enough time to try to hunt it down, because no, I waited months. I waited months before I told anybody. And that's how I found you is I started doing my recent research, and that's what the anubis. That's one of the first things that I I researched. I forget how I even found that, but uh, I might have just typed in werewolf for dog man or something, and it was like a newbis that I started looking for paranormal or encrypted people around this area, and I found a few groups and started, and then finally I got I was like, you know what, it's been enough time it's been I don't know, it's probably over a year by the time I told anybody about it. I mean, yeah, I just I think that if they're out there and you go to hunt it, don't don't be don't be one. You wouldn't want to carry the amount of gun you're gonna need to hurt this thing. You're not gonna want to carry that around with you. I don't think. I don't think there's a you know, you ain't gonna be walking around and looking for some cryptid with a with a Barrett fifty cow on your shoulder for very long. I mean, I know guys that have carried those things for miles and they don't like it. You don't have enough gun. They don't don't go out there hunting because they're going to turn the tables on you quick because if if you might get wrong. But there's more, there's more of them than there are of us, you know, when you're out the wolds. I think that's just my personal opinion. I just I don't I don't believe in hunt them. Just I'm not one. I'm not even gonna hunt elk. It's just too much work, you know, I want to. I want an eighty pound dough. Give me a pound. I'll take that, you know. I take a couple of those over one big bug, you know. So, uh yeah, beautiful creature though, whatever it was, and if it was just my mind, I gotta move an imagination. But there's too many people out there with these experiences, you know, whether it be bigfoot, sasquatch or well same thing bigfoot or dog man or you know what, if you come up to me with a moth man story, I didn't tell you about that, but uh, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna doubt you. Uh one bin on moth man. Whether it's a moth or not, I don't know. But there's something out there, But I mean there's I can't. I can't. And if you tell me a story like this, and I'm never gonna tell you crazy, I'm gonna I'm just gonna say, yep, you saw what you saw. I can't argue. You know, you can't call you crazy, you know, just don't call me crazy, even though who I am. But I'm not that crazy.
Speaker 2: So it's a crazy world out there. It's hard to say what isn't out there, but that's something we're never going to have the answer to. Poncho By being an old campground, does that mean it doesn't have any visitors on a normal basis or do quite a few people head that way?
Speaker 1: You know, it's closed down through the winter months. It has it has its definite you know, opening and closing times. But the trails you can go out there anytime and ride. I think there's people out there that you could probably call. And there's there's that spot where I was telling you about where I went to do some recreational activities there. You could probably camp right there if they'd let you, you know, if you if you approached them in the right manner and said, hey, I'd like to do that. They're you know, a small group you just want to you know, you know, sit out there and howl at the moon. Whatever. But there is another access point on the south side of the river, not a quarter mile from Uh. You can see it from the shore there, or not from the shore because that's a big high bank, but you can see the other boat ramp that's on the south side of the river from that location. UH. And I know, you can camp there. There's no campground there per se, but there's there's enough room you can put a tent up. But uh yeah, there's there's there. I would say the traffic, there's people, there's like I said, it's a public walking trail. You know, it's in it links the old town of Greenville with the newtown of Greenville. And in New Greenville there there's some really neat restaurants. There's the Midway Cafe or the Midway it's called the Midway cook Shack, and then there's the Trails in the Cafe that actually has a big foot carving out in front of it. That place has got you know, coffee, and it's got breakfast, some really nice sandwich is some really great Christian people that work there. I mean, you go in there and if you're having a bad day, you're gonna leave with a smile in a full belly. That's sure. The Midway Cookshack is just phenomenal burgers, ice cream, fried foods, things like that, really like like nineteen fifties style burgers. People that are really nice. I would recommend either one of those places there. And there's there's even a little there's a there's a like a hardware store there in town. There's a like a it's not a thrift store. It's like a little small, like a miniature k Mart there. It's it's not Kmart, but it's I can I forget the name of it. It's got a little bit of everything, bicycles, hunting stuff, camping gear or whatever you need. There. There's a supermarket, a little small supermarket. You know. It's cool little town. I don't doubt there's you know, fifteen hundred people in there, you know, maybe eight hundred. I don't know what their official count is, but you know, it's it's a you know a lot of people stop through there for the for the recreation, as far as boating and hunting. You know. Like I said, there is a little silver where there was a Civil war skirmish right there, and that's where you get on where you cut out from the campground and you get on the actual trail trail portion. It's where that's where that little little uh civil war battle happened. But uh, it's you know, you can go there anytime. You know, if anybody you know wants to go out there, I'll meet him out there, show him exactly where this happened at. Yeah, yeah, you go out there. I took. I took another researcher out there, and you know, he seemed like a good guy at first, and he kind of well first at first I said something to him. I was, you know, like a I think I was offering to fill up his tank or something like that and give him some cash. So, you know, because this, you know, researcher, I once I started, you know, learning about what everybody's doing. You know, I know there's people out there dedicating to it. But once that, once these couple events happened to me, I started realizing there's a lot more people out here doing this than what I thought. And I know that there are you know a lot of these people. They ain't made of gold and money and didn't you know, grow up with silver spoons in their mouth. And I was offering the guy some money and he was kind of an ass about it. But whatever, Uh good researcher. Uh don't doubt any of his stuff. And he's good at what he does. But uh, yeah, whatever. But he came out there and saw the site and walked in and did things. And then I didn't realize I guess when we talked that he was wanting the camp out there and I didn't have any permission. I'm that guy that I'm like, I ain't gone to jail for Nope, Nope, not gonna nope, not gonna have the cops called on me, you know. So uh but uh but we we made that weekend, you know, memorable if nothing else. But uh, you know, like I said, if anybody you know gets a anchor and I you know, y'all know that there's a few of y'all in here. Probably I don't have my glasses on, so I can't see whatever everybody. I'm not even paying attention to the chat. Uh, but uh, you know, if anybody knows me and they hit me up, I want to schedule a weekend. If it works out for both of us. Man, I'll go out there again because I go out there anyway. I love going out there. So but sables right next to me telling me he wants to go outside.
Speaker 2: So if you need to take him out, I can. I can talk while you're outside until you get.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's it's a it's an involved process with this guy. So it's like saddling a horse and there's you know, you got to put on his gear and you know, no, it's he's just he's just over here moaning at me. So I know what he wants to do. He can, he can, he can have a few minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it won't be much longer. I know you're tired. You said you're really worn out from the days. So I'm going to get ready to close this sound out. But I've got one more question for you before I do that. For I ask you for you're closing comments, and that is I'm wondering if you think that dog man was responsible for that missing time that you experienced, or if you think something else wise.
Speaker 1: That I can't explain. If if, if, if that thing was sitting there, I mean, how does that happen? How How would he just say, hey, you know, you need to see Because if I had to, if that, if that little ten seconds had in advance, I would never saw that helicopter. I don't think, not until, not until I would have realized there was one there once I passed those guys. Because eventually, my you know, I realized, hey, that's a you know, that's exactly what a helicopter crew does, is they go set up a little you know, for an area, you know, refueling point, and that's what they were using that entire park parking lot for. That's why the park was closed, That's why their signs were out. And I remember saying to myself, I was like, I don't ever about dose stinking signs. I'm gonna trespass, you know better. It better to beg for forgiveness and ask for permission sometimes, you know. I just but I don't know why, why that that that time? Ten seconds? I mean, like I said, maybe maybe it was maybe it saw me, you know, maybe it you know, who knows. Maybe I don't. I don't know that it well, since I was out there the weekend before, maybe it was watching me then too. I don't know. I didn't I didn't have any trouble with Sabo that weekend or anything. But who knows. I mean I never really thought about it, honestly, but I know that whatever that's I just knew it was meant to be. You know, after the fact, I was like, yeah, if that ten seconds wouldn't have happened, maybe I would have never saw this thing. Maybe that was me and my subconscious you know how I mean, is in like manifestation or I don't know what you'd call it, but yeah, ten seconds was probably the lynchpin on why I saw what I saw. Whether whether the dog Man had anything to do with it or not, I don't know if if it was meant to be, there was an energy above us, a god or something that was like, yeah, hey, it would be pretty cool for this guy to have this story, because that's what he needs, is for more people to think he's a weirdo and to call him names and point and giggle at and that's what he needs. Let's say, let's let's let him see this stuff and see how he handles it. You know. But I didn't overreact. I didn't. I didn't freak out. I didn't cry, it didn't scream. I thought, today's day, Today's day. You know. Never never, I didn't want to. That's not the way I plan on going out of this world though, you know, h do you want to hear I come? You know, if I know I've got to go, I got I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go a better way, you know. But what I saw was I think it was meant to be for sure, because with that ten seconds compression. Yeah, I don't know, what it would be called compression or not. But yeah, that's that. That was the only I think, that's the only reason why I saw what I saw. So I had to be in a certain place at a certain time and uh like. But but then again, I think, why did my dog chase it twice? You know, just I know for a fact when we when I let him go at that bank, he was he was onto something. I didn't see it. He saw it, and he either saw it or sensed it, and he got on his trail and whenever that trail ended, maybe it disappeared too. Maybe that's where who knows, I couldn't tell you. But he's also changed cars before. But I remember he took off running and there was no no, I didn't see any cars. I just thought, oh, I lose my dog today. But because there was cars coming up, I'm sure you know. I remember one of the cars was a red truck. But uh yeah, just uh if it wasn't for that ten seconds, I might not have seen any of this. So yeah, that's that's I think. That's the only time that's ever happened to me. You know, it's odd that I would remember something like that. That's I said that little ten seconds and then I remember I looked up as I was kind of trying to ponder what happened, and I looked up and that's when I saw that helicopter. I thought, huh, well that kind of changed the change to everything that was going on in my mind. Yeah, strange days.
Speaker 2: Indeed, right there is exactly what I was gonna say, that a strange day. Well, before we get out of You're poncho, do you have any closing comments you want to put out.
Speaker 1: There for us? Really? Just you know, if you if you're of the paranormal belief or paranormal persuasion, that's the name of the show right there. You know. Just keep your energy high, just you just you know, just don't don't bounce checks, you know, don't go to getting bar fights, don't go yelling to people, don't be mean to people. You know, be a good person, you know, raise your energy, you know, think good thoughts and maybe you'll see one too, and don't, uh, don't overact if you see something like that. You know, just and if you got friends with you, just chill out for a minute, sit around and enjoy the show. You ain't gonna see it for very long. I don't. I don't think they I don't think they want to stick around very long, or they're just checking in on you. Whether they're a who knows, Maybe they're a fallen angel, maybe they're an Maybe maybe that's how they show. Maybe I can't imagine something that was your guardian angel looking like that, but maybe what they maybe they look the way they do too either scare us or to intrigue us. What I saw was not mean. It had no ill will to me. It just wanted to. It just wanted to. It just wanted to go whatever or check up on me. If that's what it was. Maybe. I mean, I'm not saying it was a male or a dog man. It could have been a dog moving for all I know. I don't remember seeing anything that would say, you know, a woman, but there. I didn't see a tail in Nancy fur. But uh, you know, I thought one of the thoughts that after the fact was like, maybe that was my mom checking that ball, you know, but who knows. Maybe that's Maybe everything I've seen is God checking in on me. I don't know God's angels or Satan's and demons. I don't know. I have no clue, but I wasn't afraid of what I saw.
Speaker 2: Well, thank goodness for that. And I'll tell you what I think. I'd better get you out of here before Sabo over there drops anchor in your bedroom. That wouldn't be good at all.
Speaker 1: He drops worse than anchors, let me tell you.
Speaker 2: I can only imagine. I can only imagine. But having said that, thanks again so much for coming on. We really appreciate your time and you coming on to do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, thank you very much for having me. Thanks to everybody in chat. And hope to see you guys you know out there, you know, in the field or even at a function. And you know, don't be afraid. You see somebody at a at one of these festivals with a a dog looks a lot like a German shepherd, but he's not a German shepherd. He's a Belgium law I'm just telling. But uh, the DNA test should be coming in here in the next few days, but we'll find out. So uh yeah, just just come say hi. We'll sit around chat and you can buy me a beer. No, I don't even drink. I'll just kidding, but uh so you just say hi. I'm pretty pro I'm a little different put in uh in in groups, you know, out in the real world a little more. I'm different, you know a little. You know, in chat you might hear me joking around and stuff. But man, I don't really want to talk to anybody. I don't want to make scene when I'm on publish nos know what I need? Snow what I crave? You know? What? Would you see me? Say? Hi?
Speaker 2: I hope if anyone sees you out and about I hope they do that. I really do. But having said that, thanks again so much for your time there upon you and have a great night.
Speaker 1: Ye you too.
Speaker 2: Thanks, We'll see all right, bye bye bye. Well that's another one in the books. Thanks is always so much for listening. I really appreciate it. And if you've had a dog me in the encounter of your own that you either need help dealing with or if you want to come on the show and share it with the listeners, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com and submit a report. If you do that, then I'll be sure to get in contact with you so we can schedule a private film consultation so I can find out what happened. But having said that, thanks again, so much for listening and have a great nights.