Speaker 1: Yes, you are connected, and thank you for coming by. Welcome to the Big Radio Show. It is Friday. Today is the thirtieth day of May two thousand and twenty five. My name is Tom Sullivan. So we've got a lot to talk. We got a little bit more on Elon Musk, We've got on tariffs, and we got to score in Louisiana. There's still two on the run out of the ten that got out of prison.
Speaker 2: Aderback.
Speaker 1: Oh look, who's here. We were going to hold back on all the goodbye stuff, but UCLA docs on the line and you're out saving lives. I can't keep you sitting around, Hello Doc. I mean it's one thing more one thing if you're just shuffling papers.
Speaker 2: But I mean you got you know, you got people to save. So how you been.
Speaker 3: I'm doing very well, man. I'm gonna miss you well.
Speaker 2: Likewise likewise.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking back, just to let you know real quick. I was thinking back. I think you said a couple of few months back that you've been in New York for like thirteen years? Is that right?
Speaker 1: Starting my nineteenth nineteen Oh okay, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, my.
Speaker 3: Gosh, okay. Because I was sitting back and I go, I've been listening to you way longer than I really thought. I know, I started tweeting at you in twenty one, but I remember, I think this is right. Weren't you talking about when you were back here in California? You're talking about running for Congress Lawson Well.
Speaker 1: I was asked twice on two different occasions, I forget. One of them was Congressman John Doolittle was retiring and they asked me to run for his seat. And there was another can't remember there was another congressman that was a Republican that was that was also stepping down or something. So I was asked twice to do it, and it was an honor, uh. And they came in with all the stats about the polling and how much easy it would be to win and all that, and I looked.
Speaker 2: I went to.
Speaker 1: A guy who has who was a chief of staff for a senator in Washington, and I knew the guy, and I called him up and I went over to his office and he said, oh, Tom, you're gonna love it. You go in there and I'll tell you what. You battle all day long and you're figure in everything else, and you do this and you fight with that, and you fight. And I just thought to myself, the last thing I mean he taught, he didn't realize he was trying to talk me into it. And that was when I said, there's no way.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know how it is for you. I mean, you deal with a lot of people in a hospital, all kinds, but you don't. I don't like working where there's backstabbers and people that are trying to step on you. And I like working with the people I work with because they're they're like they're like extended family. So I said, I said, no, thank you. I don't want to do that for a living good God, getting up every day and go fight with people. So I said, no, thank you.
Speaker 3: Politician.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I see some of them come out of that operation pretty darn wealthy.
Speaker 2: So I'm going.
Speaker 3: You like the current guy running in the White House.
Speaker 4: You just.
Speaker 1: Yes, I could have the I could have the Sullivan mean coin.
Speaker 2: Why not? Geez hey.
Speaker 3: So I just want to let you know I'm gonna have to now that you're gone, I'm gonna have to take out the AM radio part of my car because you're the only guy I listened to you on the radio. Well, you know what, I do have one more elve story for you since you're talking about him real quick. Yeah, I so you know I bought I bought the I bought the Model Esque for my wife. So I can't remember exactly when this this happened, but so I was I was driving on the weekend. I went to a store and I was using the app to open the doors, to open the trunk, and this guy comes up behind me and he goes, oh, he goes, youge got one of those fancy cars, don't you? And I go I turn around. I suddenly gonna give this guy a compliment, and he goes, but I bet he can't drive through water, right, he can't do that? And he was talking about did you ever see that? It was right after the storm in Florida last year there was a garage cam and it showed a Tesla and it caught on fire because see why I got.
Speaker 5: Inside of it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yes, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So this this this guy was a Trump supporter and he was a He was accosting me and the last thing he said to me was, you know what, I can't stand you rich liberals. And I had to let him know that I wasn't liberal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I've had two near misses where I had two people, you know, kind of kind of approaching the car giving me like a franatic look and like they were coming to do something that wasn't going to be good, and I just pushed the gas pedal down and got the heck out of there. So it really, it really does baffle me that people can be that psychologically disturbed to where their politics affects your private property.
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Nothing, Yeah, exactly. Well that's that's why I don't put anything in my house. I don't pen anything in my car. Did you never know what people are gonna do? So true. I'm letting you know I am really going to miss you.
Speaker 5: Tom.
Speaker 3: You're a great guy. I think you're like really super honest. And I was like, I don't know how you're gonna work on the how the podcasting is gonna work, because that's actually how I listened to you most of the time because I'm so busy, likes the.
Speaker 2: Night so perfect. So the way the way I say hey, hey, hey.
Speaker 1: Doc, the way I set this up was, if you know where that button is that you pushed it? Listen to my show on a podcast now that has been transferred as of last night, So you push the button and instead of connecting to this show, it will connect to the new podcast. So there's nothing for you to change. You don't have to change a thing us. Well, I'm going to start the podcast. If everything works technically, it should be on Monday. Oh yeah, yeah, I was talking talking to Q yesterday about it. I'm thinking, well, i'll probably record some time around three o'clock Eastern, which is when this show starts, and it has most of the news of the day. I mean, there's stuff that happens afterwards, but the bulk of stuff has happened usually by this time, and that will give me what I need. Oh, can't do it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna do it every day obviously, No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i am, but it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: I'm going to try to get it to the point where it's it's different every day news of the day. Maybe on Monday and Wednesday, I'll do Financial Friday. On Friday, I'm going to try and get some interview stuff done today.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, well I'm gonna try and bring that back and then Tuesdays and Thursdays if I can. It just depends upon finding the people I want to talk to and having their schedules fit with my schedules, and then do do interviews with some interesting people. Mix it in there so it'll be it'll be different every day hopefully.
Speaker 3: Very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good.
Speaker 3: Well, one last one last thing, please this this loot between twelve and three. I'm just gonna ask one favor. Don't have the guy the former sheriff of Sacramento who fills in for you every now and then.
Speaker 1: First of all, I have no I have no input on what people are going to do around the country, but there's going to be there's no there's no one replacement. Every station is kind of have to go find somebody else to start on Monday, so they'll they'll pick whoever.
Speaker 2: You know, you're not going to go on.
Speaker 3: Vacation for like a couple of months, man.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. I've I'm not no.
Speaker 1: I think I just you know, it's it's like it's like, you know, keep getting back on the horse. I mean, it's I got to keep going. I'm going If I if I stop, I don't know what I would do. I'm not a workaholic. But I like what I do and I I'll see. I mean, I'm gonna, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: This is all brand new for me.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm I may get tired of it right away. I may want to do to a day, I may want to do one a month. I don't know. I'm I'm I'm going to feel that. We'll see how it goes well.
Speaker 3: Personally, I think you should stay on the radio till your flat line. But that's my personal.
Speaker 2: Well, Okay, I appreciate it. I appreciate it, and.
Speaker 3: If I and if I will be there.
Speaker 2: If I ever need.
Speaker 1: I had told you I had my first surgery ever last summer. I had a hernia thing and uh yeah, And I told I told the surgeon what you said, no mesh, and uh yeah. He looked at me and the kind of smiles I said that comes from a surgeon, U c l A. So he uh Anyway, So hopefully I don't need your services in the future.
Speaker 2: But if I did, no give a call.
Speaker 3: I tell everybody that, everybody that that finds out what I do, I tell them you really don't want my services. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm more. I'm more of a curbside guy, like, you know, I'll give you like some advice, but really you don't want to be on the other end of my knife. It's not good for you.
Speaker 1: Well, I I keep I keep rooting for I'm all upset about to cut back on medical research because I uh have been for a long time promoting the fact that I hope the researchers out there figure out a way to cure as of all of our illnesses and diseases and injuries without a knife. I mean there's a lot of stuff, you know where they have what is it, uh, kidney stones that they can bust away with sonars things like that, and I'm going.
Speaker 2: To yeah, that sounds great.
Speaker 3: No knives, Yeah, yeah, sonic there's a sonic there's Sonic Wave now for pathectomies, there's really they're like no, there's a lot of yeah, yeah, there's a lot of cold knife procedures, a lot of like later procedures where there's like literally like you know, maybe like a couple of million liters of blood is lost. So, I mean, the cervical front is really improving quite dramatically, and I don't know how AI is gonna be integrated in that, but I think it's going to be promising, but like you know, I've only got like another ten years left.
Speaker 5: Well, I.
Speaker 1: Was talking to a friend of mine who's an MD, and I said to him, I said, are you worried about AI? And he said, no, not yet, But he was telling me that if you're a radiologist, he says that AI is doing most of that and the human kind of double checks the AI. But I said, so there's still a human involved, and he goes, yeah, So if I was if I was a young med student and I'm trying to figure out what specialty I want, I think I would stay far away from radiology.
Speaker 2: I mean that machine could do that.
Speaker 3: Surgery is probably still, like I think the best, so I mean, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but even so, what was the thing you told me about the robotic stuff that you guys use.
Speaker 2: What's the name of that thing? Yeah, so it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of other there's a lot of other robots out right now. There's there's one of my mentors from Texas is a I named pass Away. Well, while back with doctor uh doctor debate, he came out with a bunch of like heart transplant.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, yeah, that's what he's famous for. Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh man, I've looked at the clock. Hey, UCLA doc as always. Uh, I've always appreciated your calls, but I do have to run.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, I spent three hours a day talking about something.
Speaker 5: That's why we listen to you.
Speaker 1: Well, another ten minutes goes by, and yet another lawsuit against Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: This time it's PBS.
Speaker 1: Uh, PBS is suing Donald Trump or his executive order to cut funding for PBS. And if we look, we can argue about a lot of stuff. But I think if we were in a room trying to figure out what to cut and what not to cut, I think most of us would say cut PBS. Now, I have nothing, I have no gripes about PBS. First television job I did was for PBS. But that yeah, no, that was a long time ago. But I uh, why should they get government money? NBC doesn't, MSNBC doesn't, Fox doesn't, CNN doesn't. Why do they get special treatment? I'm baffled by that. Back to the phones eight five five two nine, five sixty six hundred, Oh, Kurt and Reno, Kurt, thank you for waiting. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Okay, we're back. Yeah, I have a few more ideas on how to cut down on.
Speaker 5: Our government expenses.
Speaker 6: How about government employees, non elected only work for the government for twenty five years total. I don't care if you work for the military for fifteen or in another branch. You get twenty five years and you're done working for the government.
Speaker 1: And then on why would you limit why would you why would you limit their tenure at that point that they know they should be good at what they.
Speaker 6: Do well, the way I see it and have been around it, they become less efficient and less effective well, and fire them up in their pay grades and fire them. You I want an example of a federal government employee who has been fired just.
Speaker 1: A second, let me look, uh huh uh huh uh huh.
Speaker 2: I can't find any.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right, yeah, yeah, yeah, there you go. It's not possible. But you know, that would be a way to save some money out there. But you know, as we started the conversation a while back, if we go back to the nineties and say, okay, this is what you have to do for your level of employees nineteen ninety six level, boom, anybody that's above you know, after that goes away.
Speaker 1: The whole government employment system needs to be completely shredded and done away with. They should be no different than you or me or anybody else going out into the marketplace and offering your services in return for pay.
Speaker 2: Period. That's it. Period.
Speaker 1: I don't understand all this job protection stuff. You either do what the person who gives you the money to accomplish them. They don't like what you're doing, they should be able to let you go, and if you don't like them, you should be able will to leave, no problem anyway.
Speaker 2: The whole thing needs to be Yeah, I get.
Speaker 6: It's my two cents and I wish you well and you stage.
Speaker 5: Of your life.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Kurt. I appreciate the call.
Speaker 1: Let's oh Angelo, Hi Angela, what's going on today?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 4: Tom? How's it going? Really going to miss you?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: You always answer my calls and you always take the hard questions no matter what, Dude, you are the only one in this world.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: You are made to Tom. But I have a hard question too about the FBI. Ye was running I'm Margaret, I'm margat for days man, and he was running that we're going to dismantle the FBI because it's corrupt. And you know, since the beginning of it, jed Or Hoover. They put him in charge, and it was corrupt from day one. Now they were talking about dismantling and shutting it down. But all they're doing is closing one building is just to send the people to another building. And I think they were probably lying talking about shutting down the FBI, because I don't think he said down. Don'd you even any think they had the ability to do that. So I was just thinking, what do you think about the FBI being so corrupt and should it be closed down and a new system be put in or what do you think?
Speaker 1: Well, the building was one of the issues in Cash Betel, who's now the director. I saw something the other day where they have steel cables to hold concrete in the ceiling from falling down. I mean, it's the building is a disaster. So what he said was I think he had fifteen thousand people working in the FBI headquarters in Washington. This past week he already dispatched. I think fifteen hundred ten percent of them have already been sent out to other offices. And that was his whole thing, was why we don't need all these people here. They need to go out and be cops and go find bank robbers and other people out that commit federal crimes out there. So he's doing that. I think he's an honest man. I really do. Walter Isaacson. I like Walter. He's the author of a bunch of bios. He did Steve Jobs, sat down with Steve Jobs and spend a lot of time with Steve Jobs to do the book on him. He also spent a lot of time with Elon doing the book about him. And this is Walter's assessment of Elon working for the federal government.
Speaker 7: Throughout the book. You see this happening over and over again and the book, whether it's him taking over Twitter or dealing with Tesla's crisis or SpaceX, you see that all in intensity. But the main difference, Dana, as I said, you know early on when this happened, is he owns Tesla pretty much, so he owns SpaceX. He can do things like say, hey, let's do this radical thing with the Raptor engine where it's leaking, or take off the heat shieldet rid of these servers in Twitter, and sometimes it works, sometimes he doesn't, but.
Speaker 2: He's all in.
Speaker 7: You can't do that in government because he doesn't own the federal government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But he also said it wasn't true that Elon got involved to help his companies.
Speaker 7: I think he gets angry at some of the attacks on him, But one of the things people said that was totally untrue is that he went into government to help his companies or that it was going to improve Tesla's No. I mean, it was definitely not done, and it certainly didn't turn out to work to help the share price of his companies or anything else. He did it because he had this all in intensity, and what you saw in both the CBS interviews and the Washington Post interviews is a deep frustration that there's something in Washington and in the federal government that's not going to make serious cuts. He's upset that the cuts weren't in this great, big, beautiful bill, which, as you know, it can't really be. You have to have a recision bill. It's a technical thing.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 7: President will send a recision bill, but I bet you a lot of those things won't be voted on, even by Republicans in the House. So he is frustrated that even the Republicans in the House, in the Senate and House have been captured by Washington interests.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's he gave it a shot, but I think he's he's admitted worse than he ever imagined. Chuck in California, Hey Chuck, welcome, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Hey Tom, Good afternoons, Good afternoon. Three things. I want to thank you for Number one, just all the time you've spent with terrific. Number two, thank you for alluding us to the C minus students and I was being generous. And thanks for telling us about the fasting on the freeway and how to stay out of it.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, fabulous advice.
Speaker 5: But actually what I'm calling about is, you know somebody called it earlier and said, well, just tell everybody to call it in the department heads to cut ten percent. Yeah, I mean that's kind of where Elon was, you know, and it's like you were just discussing Walt from Walter. You know, they found out you just can't say do that. I think you got to offer these guys big money to get it done. Give them bonuses. Do uh. You know, we tried be stick, just try the carrot a little bit sid to do there.
Speaker 2: I brought.
Speaker 1: I'm a great believer in that I've I think you raise children and you manage employees the same way. You give them incentives to do what's good, and this incentive to do what's bad. Were humans, It doesn't matter if you're three or thirty three or ninety three. We have we will respond. We're animals. We will respond to incentives. I I said it the other day, and I got some pushback on her. What are you talking about given congressman bonuses? And I'm going, yeah, yeah, no, I I would cut cut their paid dramatically and put them on a on a basis of you will this is how you'll earn your money. If you can get the federal deficit, if you can have the death the deficit this year balanced, We'll give you a huge bonus because think about how much money that would save.
Speaker 2: I mean stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh go ahead.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just they're they're incentivized by money now, but the incentive comes from lobbyists who give them money. Let's cut them out and give them incentives that work for us to reduce the debt, shrink government, whatever you want them to do.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: One last thing my father was the entry in love.
Speaker 2: No hold on, hold on your phone just your phone just broke up. But say that again.
Speaker 5: Your father was what okay, senior uster at the Federal and the Big House, and he has shared with me many many stories about people over the years, which included al Capone, pretty Boyful, machine Gun Collity, the Birdman, and I just wanted to share with you The Birdman of Alcatraz did not have his birds in Alcatraz. He had him in the Love Worth. Yeah. The reason he had the birds who was to hide the smell of the stills that he was running time there.
Speaker 1: That's great, that's great, Okay, Yeah, but it sounded better. It sounded better for the movie to have him at Alcatraz. But that's that's terrific. Yeah, No, he was.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 1: He was a bad dude who was in prison, so he was obviously finding ways to do things under the table. Chuck, thank you. I appreciate the call very much. Keen, Hi Ken, what's going on today?
Speaker 2: Welcome?
Speaker 8: Well, it's your last day. It's a sad day. But let's say President Trump called you and you can get one secret. I mean, he would tell you one thing that you're dying to know. What would it be?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, I don't think I'm dying to know anything not not from the government. I mean there's all that stuff about who killed JFK and all those things, and then the UFOs and all that stuff. I nah, whatever that's I don't know what what secret I would want to know. I don't think they should. Well, I mean they should have national security secrets about what we have as far as military, but I uh no, I really don't. I don't think about wanting to know something from the government.
Speaker 2: I don't know for me.
Speaker 8: If you mentioned it for me and we've talked about it in the UFO, I think you know. I saw a couple of shows that changed my mind. We talked about what we've seen that would be it for me, and I'm afraid they're They're afraid of what it would do to society.
Speaker 1: Why Why would Why are they so afraid of that? Why are people? Have the movies made people freak because I'm thinking I'm fine, So spaceship Lands and Little Green Men get out.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't run.
Speaker 8: Yeah, neither. I can't answer that the question you just post.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 8: But well, I'm going to say goodbye. It's tough to not going to be able to hear your voice this much.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. I appreciate it. I appreciate you dialing in today. I'll be there in podcast land if you want to, if you want to check in. So I don't know, all right, hey, Ken, thank you. Yeah, I've had I had a producer years ago who I told him about the story when I saw a UFO.
Speaker 2: And he goes, oh, you don't want to talk about that. No, no, you don't. We don't want to talk about that. Why not?
Speaker 1: What's the problem And he goes, oh, make people will think you're really weird. Well, okay, that's fine. I don't care if he people think I'm weird. I saw what I saw. It wasn't scary. It was beyond anything I'd ever seen before or since. So do I think there's something out there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was government or some place from another galaxy, but I don't think it's weird that there's unidentified flying objects.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: I just am fascinated by people being fascinated because I'm not.
Speaker 2: A little financial Friday. This is Fanny May and Freddie Mac. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't understand what's going on here because Fanny May and Freddy Mack Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporate. I mean they were in they were the mortgage companies in this country. They were quasi government. I when I in my investment days, I put a lot of Fanny in ready in the people's accounts. They paid well. They were, like I said, a quasi government bond. And the way it works is for mortgages. You want to go down to the bank and say to the bank, I'd like to borrow two hundred thousand dollars for a mortgage on this house. I want to buy a round number of some kind. And so the bank says, okay, fill out sixteen pounds of paperwork and we'll think about it. And they get back to you and they say, we are more than happy to give you that two hundred thousand dollars mortgage. So they take the two hundred thousand, they put it into your account. You take the money and you put it into the builder's account or the seller's account, and presto chango, you own that home. And now you've got to make payments on that mortgage. So where is the bank that you're going to take thirty years to make those payments? Back on that mortgage on that loan I gave you. Where does the bank get the money for the next guy that comes in who wants to borrow, Because the next guy might want to borrow three hundred thousand, and the one after that wants to borrow four hundred thousand, and so the banks will run out of money eventually.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, they don't have an endless supply.
Speaker 1: So the way it works is they bundle up your mortgage along with a bunch of other people's mortgages. They tie a nice little tidy bow around the thing, They put it in a box, and they ship it off to Fanny May. Fanny May takes this box of mortgages yours and probably another thirty or forty fifty mortgages, and they're all essentially about the same interest rate, about this, the same length of time, maturity, all that sort of stuff. And then Fanny May says, this is you want to invest in mortgages. You can invent in this box of mortgages, and individuals, mutual funds, pension plans, all of those people. It was great you could invest in mortgages. And that's what I When you would get a certificate from Fanny May, and that's what I would put in people's accounts. So they would invest in mortgages, get a certificate from Fanny May saying that yep, they are They've got this amount of investment, and then you get paid for the rest of the mortgage, or until you decide they're very liquid you can sell them in the market. So we ran into the meltdown in two thousand and eight, had the Great Recession, and they went in. But along the way it was like gold. It was run cleanly, simple, and there was a guy named Franklin Rain who was the head of a big Democrat guy when I believe he went on to become a Democrat congressman. Anyway, he was the head of it. They accused him of all kinds of of shall we say, games, but they ran him out because what they were doing was they were trying to boost the value of Fannie May, and they were making they changed the rules.
Speaker 2: The rules were strict.
Speaker 1: Twenty percent down a credit rating of over some particular number, and so these were good mortgages to invest in. Well, Franklin Reins and some others got involved and they started making loans for people who otherwise really shouldn't have qualified, but they were doing it under equity equality and all that sort of stuff, making home loans to people who just did not have the income to pay that you would make the loan to them, so that they got a bunch of bad loans that went bad. And Fanny and Freddy was part of the meltdown to the mortgage market in two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight. There was nothing wrong with Freddy, but then the government decided and this was this was George W. Bush came up with the idea of well, we will guarantee these mortgages. The beauty behind it was you could get a higher rate of return investing in Fanny May than you could from investing in any old government bond. And so a lot of my clients loved it because they got better return on their investment, they got higher income.
Speaker 2: It was terrific.
Speaker 1: And so because of the fact that they started messing up Fannie May and that Fanny would buy the box of mortgage. That way, the bank got money for the mortgages they made, and they could make mortgages from people that came in the door tomorrow. It was a wonderful system. But once the government got involved that we're going to guarantee this, and I told all my clients this is not a government guarantee, this is a bond. It changed everything, and they have absolutely ruined Fanny and Freddie and it really damaged the mortgage market.
Speaker 2: So now.
Speaker 1: Bill Poulty of Pulty Holmes, he's the head of it right now, and he said he blamed Biden, but it goes back to Obama and George W.
Speaker 2: Bush. He said, people can't afford a home anymore under Biden.
Speaker 9: First of all, we have to reverse the last four years of inflation under Joe Biden. I mean, what happened in the last four years cannot be understated. And now what you have is you have mortgage rates that have skyrocketed. And so what we're trying to do, Bill is take cost out of the system and get home so they can be affordable again. People couldn't for the last four years. Bill, afford a home the Americans is what America is all about. And we're going to restore the American dream under President Trump. You mentioned there is the security for Fanny and Freddie, which trades on what's called the pink sheets. But President Trump is thinking way bigger than that and stay tuned on what his decision is there. I'm all for this.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump is on to he knows real estate, and this I think would be great if they if they bring him back out as a public company where people can invest in them, if they go back to their old strict rules, I think it would be fabulous and I think it would really help the mortgage market, bring rates down, make mortgages available to many, many more people. And Poulti goes on to talk about they have seven point eight trillion dollars in assets.
Speaker 9: Well, it's kind of rich coming from Chuck Schumer who defended this Biden inflation that we had the last four years, which created this housing crisis. Now President Trump is coming in and fixing it and he's turning around Fanny May and Freddie Mack. You know, Bill, I don't know if you know this, and most Americans don't this, but there's seven point eight trillion dollars in Fanny May and Freddie Mack that we as the American taxpayers have many rights to seven point eight trillion. And until President Trump showed up on the scene, nobody even really knew that they were making this much money and that we had these as huge assets. So, like one of my friends said recently, President Trump just finds money everywhere. Trillions to the American people, trillions to the shareholders.
Speaker 2: One day.
Speaker 9: I mean, you know, we got to clean up the capital structure, and that's potentially what the president is looking at. He will still be in control, it will still be a very very prominent company for the government. However, we are really focused on driving operational improvements and really making these great American icons once again and build the American economy is very robust.
Speaker 1: I'm with Trump, but out do one step further. Spin it off from the government, make them public companies. Get the government out of their hair.