Speaker 1: Meaning a live man like this man letting butterfly flapping his wing.
Speaker 2: Dig down in the forest.
Speaker 3: Man, it gonna cause a tree fall, letting five thousand miles away.
Speaker 4: Man, nobody's seen nobody.
Speaker 5: You see.
Speaker 3: You don't need no man's luck.
Speaker 2: You call a little story and you got racked for like that. I'll win. Man, don't like a dang on the panel.
Speaker 1: Man, Man, you don't don't matter.
Speaker 6: Man all right, more goth Welcome back to Jay Burtonshaw.
Speaker 7: How you doing man, Hellotle getting jit nice to see again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm glad to have you. I uh, I think this is roughly the pattern that has been going on for two or three years, which is that I assume that I have talked to you more recently. I check our DMS and see it has been exactly a year since we spoke last. So I'm really glad to have you on. I was recently watching something you put on on substack, just sort of your your year in review right for twenty twenty five. And as I said, you know, before we went live, I'm not able to, you know, consume as much media on what happens in the UK, just because it's not where I live. I don't have the context, but I rely on a few sources you included to understand what's going on. And you mentioned, you know, several kind of themes, right, what's going on in your country? And I guess I'll throw it to you. You know, we were talking to this before. You know what is going on? What are kind of the main themes of twenty twenty five because to be perfectly blunt man from the outside looking in, it's it's incredibly grim.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think.
Speaker 7: I've did like a year room review where I went through the articles of the air just to sort of recop of everything that had happened and things that I wrote about and to sort of see if those any kind of through lane.
Speaker 2: And it was there, really was.
Speaker 7: You can see the right at the beginning of the year when Elon Musk and Rupert Low and Hammer and tongues on the grooming gangs and things. But to get a real which sort of you know, annoyse the British establishment a lot because they take a dirty little secret. And I did an article that it's our I mean, I've been seeing for a long time and I've been comparing our situation to sort of the Soviet Union and the the the grooming gang issues is kind of like the reactor five of Chernobyl. It's it's this sort of massive disaster, catastrophic that that, and you see all the different layers of what's gone wrong is kind of encapsulated with that with that one scandal from top to bottom. You see like as if like the term mats have just Hollywood out of woodn't been all of it. What's wrong with Britain is encapsulated that. And then I did another one which is about the Borrows Wave and the effects of the Borrows Wave on the country, and I think a lot of the panic and the trauma was the way people when people discuss mass immigration in Britain on the right, you often hear that a quote from a Tony Blair speechwriter called Andrew Neila who he said that they and was to rub the right nose and diversity and what he meant was to change the demographics, to change so the politics would have to change it to do it deliberately. And I think what happened with Boris Johnson and the millions that he led in where you get this famous graph where the line just screams up, was it's it's insane. And I think what actually happened was that the center right Tory Party rubbed the left knows and diversity. And what I mean is their sort of view, their values and their principles beforehand had been in the abstract because there's so many places in Britain still hadn't been touched by diversity. And after the Borrows wave that's they have, especially in England. You can go to some far from places in Scotland or Wales, Northern Ireland, but basically it's everywhere now and all of a sudden this year in particular, you began to see more and more not just the grooming gangs which flared up again and the issues around that, but sort of random violence and especially from the illegal immigrants who's been housed in hotels, and sort of girls and.
Speaker 2: Women being raped and actually abused and.
Speaker 7: Casual random violence. And I think what this en In particular, we saw the rise of this meme which it began on Twitter by Crumbler Grouply or whatever he's called, where they call it the UK and they mean like why ok, why, which I can get into that because it is interesting and so something was clearly happening and there was a sense that were it's of de territorialization and the aesthetics of it. That's what that amounts to, really, and all of a sudden you saw that what the UK reflects and is a reality of twenty twenty five. Of course it's been coming for a while, which is squalid and unpleasant and far far away from the kind of pr multicultural propaganda that we used to get. This is why I say it's almost like the left's face got rubed in diversity, because it's like, well, we're in it now. I mean, it's important to say as well, like in the two thousands before Brexit, most of our immigration was coming from the European Union, so they were just other Europeans recent Europeans polls, but also people from France or Holland, and so they had that kind of cushion. But after and especially after the Boris with they just came in from everywhere on Earth like we've never seen before. And so for the first time those values and principles are manifested in the real world. And then alongside that, compounding that kind of feeling of just everything being decredit everything being a bit shit, is the economic issues, which are facing and shops closing, boarded up shops, and so you get this strange thing with this UK aesthetics they call it, where you'll have late's here a Muslim woman standing in like a sort of fishing village in well Wheels, talking about how well she is. All of this kind of thing. You'll get like a car crashed into a vape shop with a Turkish barbers next door, and all of this, and it alls. It all seems weird and alien and and it's as if like the country has just been transformed into something else with which it which it largely has, and the normal people recognize this as well. And this is what we were talking about just before we went live, where.
Speaker 2: You get this.
Speaker 7: On top of all of that, you've got this kind of suffocating surveillance state and the bureaucracy that goes with it.
Speaker 2: So it's just it just could.
Speaker 7: Sort of ticks so many boxes of this state of dystopia. And one of the things about the sort of the mode that we're in is there's a denial of it. You know, in the past, and I've written some things about this to the Myra Hindley sort of murders and things on substack and how that relates today. But if you go in the past, for example, if you go into a different era of Britain, British history to take for example, when Thatcher was closing heavy industry down like the coal mines in the nineteen eighties, you had protests, you had unrest. There was at least some kind of highbrow commentary on that. There was a discussion and people could sort of philosophize over it and get sort of fury cell takes in about what was happening to the country. But because of the nature of they say political correctness and where we are now, it's almost taboo for that. So you'll find people writing about it on substock or twila. But the conversation that we should be having, we can't. And of course everybody's scared that they're going to get fired. Or on top of all of that, it's now legendary the hate speech laws and people going to jail for tweets and things in Britain, and all of this comes from a place I think of profound insecurity of the managerial state itself.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm glad you you mentioned the kind of analogy to the late Soviet Union because there's there's recently been a case where a man has been jailed for I don't remem exactly how long, a truly ludicrous amount of time, regardless, for sending anti immigration tweets. And you dig a layer down and you find out that these tweets were viewed by thirty people. You don't have to be criminally online to realize criminally terminally online to realize that thirty views on Twitter is basically nothing. That's not even likes, it's just someone scrolled past it. And he's been sentenced for these anti immigration sentiments. And we find out, you know, as the Daily Mail called him right a deranged loaner. We find out that he was basically turned in by his brother in law who didn't like it. So we really have to escalate it to the point of East Germany, where effectively you're turning people in to avenge your sort of personal slights based on these laws. And the complete and total denial around this issue I think is interesting as well, because it's almost as if they've they've given up on any sort of attempt at legitimacy. They're simply going to freeze out the conversation. We're not going to address it. We're not going to talk about it. It just vacated that space, and seemingly in addition to vacating it, they're determined to salt the earth make it illegal to discuss it at all. And in my mind, that's almost unprecedented, right, the idea that simply this apparent fact, at these horrific crimes, this sort of replacement level migration is unassailable. You cannot talk about it. You mentioned your substack. This is sort of how I became aware of it, because you'd posted something there that basically said that your profile on subsack was blocked within your own nation. You needed to verify your account, right, send the government a photo of your face or send a third party. But we all know what's happening there. Enter into this sort of like biometric security apparatus in order to read things, and we all understand, of course, what has done with that information. It is there to prosecute you, It is there to enforce these sort of draconian laws.
Speaker 5: Augus and Reevosh Nation Hampshire is Leer guggilor guiha agusnart Grena and Ondoon Augus Layne the galaon Tamil Father, gilta.
Speaker 8: Dayden In Airgrid, Comedy Tour, Tauchi in Vunaha, Left Funiviva Today, You're an Anger, Honest, Graft, Gtail, August Pabel, Tarifer, Wintashti, ta Era, Kurdagin, Folnismo, Air Grid, Ponkai.
Speaker 5: The Goal Mile, supported by AIB has been helping families around the world for over forty years. This year, we are asking you to step up together with your community to continue one of Ireland's favorite Christmas traditions. Search AIB Goal Mile to see where you, your family and your friends can find your local Goal Mile event. AIB for the life you're after.
Speaker 6: So I'm curious what do you make of that crisis of legitimacy, the fact that they're simply not contesting the field. Even they're just saying it's off limits. There's not even really a counter argument anymore.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think there's there's a genuine crisis for the Something strange happened with the layback government.
Speaker 2: And it does it.
Speaker 7: I think it kind of goes to the Borrow's way as well. But there's a there is a crisis of legitimacy, and it's not entirely the labor Government's fault. It's it's the fault of the Conservative Party for what they did. I mean, so much of the legislation.
Speaker 2: I know, it's it's.
Speaker 7: Popular, it's popular on the British right, it's popular American right, where they think of Kostarma as being this particularly kind of brutal communist and he is like that, he's utterly humorous. But you know, all the laws on the legislation was already was already baked into the system. The thing which I've got to now put my sort of show my face that's going to come in everywhere. I think that's the Online Harms Bill, And originally it's all part of this surveillance state which is getting ruled.
Speaker 2: Really quickly now.
Speaker 7: I mean, I remember back five years ago, four years ago, I was doing visy video essays on all of this stuff and it didn't seem to go anywhere. But now it's actually coming in. We're getting digital ds. I mean, on the legitimacy thing, Labor got into power on there was nothing said about digital ds anywhere, and they just sprang so it wasn't nobody voted for it, it wasn't in their manifesto, and they've just rammed it through. You get half a million people or whatever it was, saying a petition saying we want to have this gone over our again.
Speaker 2: But not just they'll just ram it through.
Speaker 7: And this combined with masses and masses of facial recognition technology, and then on top of that you've got the online harms. But and all of this is going to link up. I mean, when I try to describe this, I say, it's a bit like the end of and Or where you see them building the death Star and all of the rivets. It's just mis missing that kind of central thing that slots into the middle, that dish thing. And that's what the digital ID will be. Everything is being made deliberately awkward and troublesome to create the problems that the digital ID can solve. So in the future I will probably just link up my digital ID to my online persona and then I'll bypass that issue on substack. But it it is like a third party. So the state will I mean in a way, because the state kind of a quango called Who Not Hate sort of carried out a surveillance operation on me earlier this year and they got me. They found out who I was after all these years they did this terrible hit piece on me. So this in a way for me, it's too late. The state knows who I am. It's But what it means is that in the future everybody will be docs. I just already am and all of this is where there's you're not going to have online anonymity. It's it's dead. It's a dead duck. And so you just come across this stuff in your face all of the time. You know it's and you know, you don't know where it's going to go on the.
Speaker 2: Back end or anything.
Speaker 7: But to get back to the just the issue with the labor government, I do really like the fact that the Americans, because like Trump and jd. Vance and these people have been launching broadside against the British government because I know, like it's it's all the rage now for people to say, well, you know, criticized Donald Trump, or he's not getting this, he's not getting that, doing that, that that's for you you fellas in America. That that's like a sort of internal American thing just in terms of having that kind of voice put pressure on the on the British government and shine a torch on them and say what the hell are you doing what is going on here that I'm not going to be such a kind of spurg We we don't have the luxury of of snubbing on us.
Speaker 2: Is that that kind of thing?
Speaker 7: We need all the help we can get here. But the issue with what labor have inherited was sort of baked in, and I think they came in wanted to be just a leftist standard of course, sort of sent a left party. But the state of the country is a tinder box. It's in such a bad state that they've actually had to do all kinds of schizophrenic moves. So the immigration this year is coming down quite drastically.
Speaker 2: Actually, it's they're not.
Speaker 7: The last figures have thought saw was they're on track for like six hundred thousand fewer immigrants than what we got last year. That they're talking tough on all kinds of things. Now this is people will say this is because we form with Nigel Farage are coming in from the right and putting pressure on them, and it is. It is part of that.
Speaker 2: But I think the deeper issue is that you have to rule. You can't just be.
Speaker 7: A sadistic sort of a bunch of gangstars who torment and sort of persecute people and rub them up the wrong way for nothing. There comes that gets you get those certain point where the legitimacy of the state is becoming a real problem. We've had hundreds of thousands of people leaving the country, this kind of thing, and so you get this kind of thing where labor have to lurch quite far right just because of the basic infrastructure of the country, just because the country. I mean, I did a video on this a while ago on the demographics that it's possible we are a failed state and with the white British are still the majority, because people didn't seem to factor that in when when you get these get these numbers will be a minority by twenty fifty or twenty sixty or whatever. It was never the social factors of that along the way weren't factored in at all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, several several things there to your point about you know, different takes on on Trump. This is something that always frustrates me. Uh, you're talking with nationalists or right wingers, which is there's sort of this kind of pie in the sky version of of nationalism, which is that you know, nationalism all goes one direction, and I understand it right. You know, all of us are sort of fighting against this sort of you know, globalist block. I get that, but there are many cases in which you know, your natural or national interest in mind might be at opposite ends. And look, I'm not even saying Trump is a perfect example of that. You know, Ukraine is perhaps an even better one. You know, I understand why the you know, the the Nordic guys are all you know, very much pro you know, fighting Russia. It makes good sense, whereas in my position it's like, well, to be honest, man, I don't want to be involved in it. Uh just a brief aside there, but uh yeah, I think that the the problem of you know, ruling of simply you know, the state continuing to function. It's crazy to see the decline. So I've been on kind of a crusade against the you know, the center right in America. You know, they're they're attacking what they call either the woke right or the new right. And there are two lines of attack. One which is pretty easy to dismiss is you are all actually Marxists. You are woke, you are the woke right. You can sort of dismiss that one out of hand. But another one. And you see this in kind of the legacy press and people like David French. Is this idea that oh, you're simply blinded by sort of artificial nostalgia for a world that never existed. Things have always been like this. You know, it's not really bad, things aren't really in crisis. And obviously it's a completely disingenuous argument because you know, you look to a country like yours, which you're sure there were problems in the nineties, there were problems in the eighties. We mentioned in the industrialization. You know, all of these are very real crises. But you mentioned earlier and I can't remember her name that you know, the sort of prominent murderers, you know, this woman who sort of became the you know, the talk of the town right for killing, and it almost seems quine in comparison with you know, modern violence. Right Axel Rubacabana is one example, but you know there are dozens more. And you see that and you're like, well, okay, like that, we've lost several things there. One, we've lost a little bit like an absolute amount of immediate security. How likely are you to be killed? But also you've lost a culture where people could be unified in opposition to some sort of savage attack, right, that that was seen universally as something that was notable enough to talk about and also to morally condemn. There's sort of a cultural unity there that has been lost. It's the idea that this is simply you know, disingenuous complaints from the new right, whatever you want to call it, is absurd, right. Similarly, in our case, I think that the Charlie Kirk assassination is one of the biggest stories of the last year because obviously the event is significant. A man was murdered graphically, you know, for the whole world to see, but the reaction to it, both the failure to capitalize or to address this issue from the center right and also effectively the laughing scorn from the left that oh, you know, that violence was was ultimately legitimate. They're like, okay, well, America is perhaps not a failed state, you know, it's not Venezuela or South Africa, but something very definitely has been lost there, some sort of cultural cohesion that in the previous era most people would feel as if this sort of event is life altering, right. It was something that you know, the Kennedy assassination. Obviously that's a president, but that was a where were you moment? You know, the other political assassinations as well well, And to see that sort of pulled into you know, kind of the culture where it's like, okay, well we've lost a unified culture in any way, and look like a large part of that is migration. New arrivals simply do not have the same kind of cultural attitudes that you or I do. But another part of it is that, like the realm of politics has expanded to such a degree that, you know, things that were previously off limits in a more homogeneous culture are now simply part of you know, the daily grind. And in much the same way, I see the same thing happening to these you know, horrific migrant crimes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I've did quite a lengthy article on I call it the Evil Past and Present. And it began because I saw like a shit live on Twitter put how a picture of Maira Hindley. Now, I'll just explain a little bit. In the nineteen sixties, there was a couple called Ian Brady and Myra Hindley who murdered and abused children and buried them in the Yorkshire was and they took those videos that were it was. It was really grotesque and horrible and the woman. Now people can kind of absorb and understand that Ian Brady, he was the motivating factor behind it. And what's really got people was that there was a woman involved. And there's a famous smoke shot of the two of them together. It's in black and white and she's got this so blonde peroxide hair. The Wars murders. If you want to see it, I've got on the article as well. And one of that image of Meira Hindley became a kind of something in British folklore, almost as an object of evil. She became this demonic presence within the collective psychology of the culture and so to how and then there was this person said, basically, you've always had these murderers, and I thought that was very interesting because the mug shot. It always comes down to the mug shot, and the mug shots that the famous ones. Now you'll see of these grooming gang sort of perpetrate as where you'll have sort of five or six Pakistani faces all lined up together, but you'll also have the actual rule of Kabana one where he just looks wild and feral, and what interested in me was that it doesn't have the same effect, It doesn't embed itself in the culture the way that Maira Hindley did. And it took me down a bit of a rabbit hole and I discovered.
Speaker 3: That in.
Speaker 7: I mean, even when she was alive. She died in two thousand and two or two thousand and three, but even when she was alive, that image was called iconic, which but it was an icon of evil, and we all understood it wasn't political in any way, and we didn't have the degree of managerial state where they kind of said, well, she had a rough childhood or this or that the other, and so you had this element where almost like in a village where a woman was accused of being a witch and she was kind of lashed out of town and she became this kind of she's evil, get her out to be spiritually purged from the inn group, and there was really an element of that, and that image of her was just regurgitated in British culture forever. And in the nineteen nineties somebody cottoned onto this and this modern artist put together like a big montage of Meira Hindley's the image of her the mug shot you using the hands of small children, and people were absolutely outraged, and he the image got damaged when it was in an art gallery, but it was this kind of what he was actually getting at was this sort of borderardium, sort of commentary on images replicating images, because the actual real woman of Maira Hindley by this time, she was just this kind of frail, elderly depressive in a jail cell, but her image kind of lingered on in the cultural psyche and she became something more, and he was trying to sort of touch on that the meaning of signs and symbols and kind of hyper realism. And what's fascinating is that the mog shots that we get now, the actual banner or the Pakistani grooming gangs or whatever, they just don't have any of that, because when you go to say the nineteen sixties, Britain was still ninety eight percent Native and when you look at my Raindley, you've got one of your own staring back at you. That's why it became this kind of symbolic act of purging the witch, get this sick demon out, get her out of the group. But when you've got this sort of when actually Lucabana staring back at you, it isn't even part of your in group, you will you kind of it becomes political in a way. It's more of a political act because you think, well, he's here because of political decisions, and he isn't of the in group, And so instead of having almost like this metaphysical evil all of a sudden, it's it's something close that to sort of inter ethnic warfare. But of course, because of the lies that the society's built on, you can't even acknowledge that. You can't have that conversation, so you're just left with this sort of barrenness, this kind of abyss where it's just this squalid, depressing.
Speaker 2: Reality that you inhabit. Now you don't even.
Speaker 7: Get that catharsis of lashing the witch out of the village, or looking back at part of your group gone horribly horribly wrong and become sick and poison because they were never you in the first place. It's the same with the Pakistani mok shots.
Speaker 2: It's just the other.
Speaker 7: It's just this wall of otherness looking back at you. And this is kind of baked in across the UK now and it gives this kind of gloom over everything, this acknowledgment of it, but also the fact that you aren't even allowed to sort of intellectually investigated.
Speaker 2: We're all create a.
Speaker 7: Cultural sort of movement around it and discuss it honestly, as we have done with these things in the past. I mean the fact that he made that postmodern kind of badly advised I would say artwork of Maira Hindley's face. He was at least trying to comment on her place and that image in British culture. But you couldn't do that with actually Rukbana because it would be seen as I mean, they prefer that you just don't see any of it. I mean just there. So there was a nine year old girl stabbed to death in Somerset somewhere, which is quite a nice part of England.
Speaker 2: It's the Shias.
Speaker 7: And it was a fifteen year old boy who did it, but we don't have any other details. So here you come here here it is well, so now the BBC will close the replies. You're not given anything more to go on because of legal reasons, and everybody suspects what they don't know, and probably in a few years we will get to know and this is this is just the misery of it, and the misery of where we are culturally spiritually. It's it's rotten, and it's it's it's hollowed out and it's it's it kind of consumes everything. It's difficult to step outside of it. It's why I just focus almost entirely on on Britain these days.
Speaker 6: I recently rewatched uh, the original Blade Runner film, uh, and I was really struck by several things about it, which is one, the Blade Runner is sort of the future that came to pass. Obviously, you have the look of it, right, this kind of sort of dystopian, you know, blend of all cultures, kind of peat like layered on top of this pre existing, previously existing world. Right you have you know the kind of old you know, Victorian era, you know, apartment buildings, you know, run down, you know, covered in neon signs for you know, companies, you know, kind of broadcasting vice everywhere, which you know you see obviously in America in places like you know, any urban center, but you know, in kind of an echo of that in the UK aesthetic. But also to me, I think it's interesting because you know, the whole idea of the replicants, right, these these sort of artificial people created as slaves, rights, as cheap labor, wreaking havoc. You know, it has very much been you know, the story of you know, the twenty first century in both our countries. One of the biggest stories in America over the last year, and I've got a trucker on to talk about this has been obviously in a proliferation of migrant truckers. You know, this incredibly dangerous job. You know, you're driving something that's sixty thousand pounds on a highway with normal cars, which you know, previously was the realm of be honest, working class white guys. It was a good way to make money. You know, you could with a relatively small amount of capital, you know, put yourself in a position where you're making good money. And that needed to be done away with, that needed to be replaced. We needed to do it cheaper, and so we imported these sort of fake citizens in many cases, right, these sort of like replicants, if you can imagine, and it's unleashed havoc. Right, there have been a number of, you know, horrific videos of these you know, death machines, you know, just running through people, you know, blowing away, you know, a family in a sedan. And the most iconic one, I think is that you know that crash from Florida where these two Indian guys are in the you know, the front seat and they just you know, whip into a little access point which you know, cars aren't supposed to go in let alone. You know, a semi truck across the lane of traffic and you kill a family of four, and in much the same way, right, you see these this is something that's always happened. There always been accidents. These are dangerous things. You know. You might have a guy from West Virginia, you know, high on meth and he you know, does the same thing. But it is different when it is someone who has basically been brought here in the last six months, right, and in order to you know, grease the wheels of this managerial system. Those four people. There are many other examples, you know, I'm sure you don't need me to remind you have been sacrificed on that altar. And again, right, it's that same sort of thing like this, We've always had violence, and look, America has always been a violent country, there's no two ways about it. But this new, this new sort of crime, and we've seen with these truckers, let alone the kind of you know, massive fraud that we've seen in places like Minnesota. It's like all of these war choices, this did not have to happen. And what we've seen, and this is I think an origin a lot of the you know, a lot of the annoyance with the Trump administration in the US is that you know, he's he's very comfortable talking about, you know, the illegal immigration. It's something that's effectively ceased to be a problem. You know, these mass deportations are to some degree occurring, and that's something to be thankful for. But that need for the for the system to you know, have cheap labor, that need for the system to keep expanding forever, well, that comes first, and so we'll replace you another way, will replace you legally. You know, we've seen that with you know, these sort of high skill visas quote unquote, you know, all of these that comes before anything else, and these casualties seemingly are completely and totally acceptable, you know, to to serve that end.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, our I think our version of that beside the the the ulder stuff like the grooming gangs, which is still going on. Well, the thing for this, yeah, has been the the like the asylum seeker things, particularly men from Afghanistan or I think there was like four cases last week where they were raved. And you see these stories, I know, I realized that this is like a thoroughly sort of depressed and subject all of what we're talking about. That that's just the way it is in in Britain. That's that's the you know it, this is sadly and I lament that as well. I like, I don't want that you get this strange thing like the girl that I saw today on X this story where the girl was a nine year old girl was stabbed as death. And it gets back to what I was saying earlier, where this once upon a time that would have been a big thing, and now it just sort of drifts down your your news feed.
Speaker 2: It's people will.
Speaker 7: Swipe past it on their phones and I thought, I thought, I thought, is this is this just how it gets normalized?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: Is this? Is this not enough? When is it?
Speaker 7: Does it have to be more than one?
Speaker 2: Does it?
Speaker 7: And it just seems to is this is this just like the collapse. Now is this because there's no signs of this getting any better, and the state just is a completely blindsided by all of this. I mean, I try to order for for the garden and some pruners on eb to to prune a planet a color of raspberry bushes, and so I thought, I haven't got any prune as I'm gonna at the end of the season, and I found out that I couldn't actually, I couldn't actually order them online. And you get these things now where you get knaves are coming out now in London and they've got rounded tips on them, and so people can't eat basically because it's a weapon, but for some reason, like a set of gardening like prunas, handheld prunas for you to clip branches, it's it's sharp and you could I mean, it's it's so basically the state has decided that you just can't buy them online anymore, in the same way that you have to show your face to access the messages on substack. And so you see these pathetic and stupid attempts to hold the hold the line against the tide, rather than addressing the core issues and the stuff of the asylum seekers. There was a story this year where they've been putting them up in hotels, which is bad enough. They crossed the channel on boats and they put them up in hotels and in Epping this year they protested against the establishment of such a hotel and they was brushed down. They were called for right, they were called extremists, and then a local girl was sexually abused. Now I'm not sure if you I'm not sure the extent of that, then I have to be careful what I say about these things because not allowed. Again, you just walk around eggshells all of the time, so I could be construed as spreading misinformation. There's a whole other thing to do with, like where how we exist in England now where everybody has to speak like a lawyer, because you've always got to have a get out, you've always got to have applausible deniability, or you can't put in all groups. You'll have to say it mainly or instead of just talking about a group and this kind of thing. But anyway, they then covered that up the newspaper and the government put like a block on that where it was covered up and so the people have already protested against it. They were proven to be correct, and then that was the whole what they were scared of happened that was covered up. They then launched an appeal and it was to say that the hotel would in fact be closed down. The government in London then intervened and said no, this the Supreme Court I think it was, which is just this blair right nonsense, said no, actually it will stay open. And then the person who actually was another person was touched the girl did something wrong like that, he actually wandered away, if you remember, it was everywhere he escaped. He escaped and he was just wondering. He was Ethiopian and he was just wandering around for days on end.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 7: You just think it's it's there's this kind of thing that we talk about, whether it's incompetence or malice. Is this kind of meme that goes around in Britain. And because the argument will be somebody like my dad, for example, on friends would say the government are useless. They are absolutely useless. They just don't know what they're doing. And you think, after a certain amount of time you can't just say it's useless anymore. It gets to a point where you have to say world on a second. This is when it's always I mean, one of the things that I say is that if it was just incompetence, it would going out of way, it would favor us sometimes even if just by random chance. But that never happens, and so the only conclusion you can draw is that they are malicious. They are actually malicious. Now, having said that, you do also have total incompetence baked into this, this system of orders and magnitudes that would have just been maind boggling to British people thirty or forty years.
Speaker 2: They would not comprehend it.
Speaker 6: I mean, to that point, Morgreth, We're three or four days into the investigation of this shooting it Brown which which is a large university in the middle of you know, a progressive city, and seemingly there was some sort of political motive that this girl killed. One of two was, you know, the leader of a conservative group who was devoutly religious, seems and despite all of this state surveillance apparatus, we have a photo of a person of interest, but no arrest has been made seemingly. You know, when when the state is is truly angered, right, when they're actually interested in bringing someone to justice as we saw, you know, post jan six. Well, they can make arrests almost immediately. You know, they can fence your phone and find you no matter where you run or even you know, as we saw under Biden, right, this eighty some year old woman who is you know, protesting in front of an abortion clinic, right holding up a sign that says you don't kill your baby, and she goes to jail. We can find her, of course, But again to your point, you'd assume, you know, if this wasn't competence, there'd be sort of a random walk and you know, maybe not half the time, but at least some of the time it would go your way. And when that is not the case, the next logical question is, well, why it seemingly when you want to you can get things done very quickly. You can bring down this sort of harsh violence as we saw, you know, to the protesters and epic right, people can be thrown in jail, We can have courts running around the clock to make sure these people, you know, receive the state's idea of justice. But this, this really comes down to the question, and this is something that's come up in you know, American discourse as well, which is to be honest, like, what is the point of the country here? Why does this exist? And you know, you or I I have the idea that, well, it is a place for a people. You know, there's a you know, a catchy term I probably can't say in YouTube for that sort of idea. But if simply it is this sort of like economic zone, if it simply is this sort of you know, support team where you need to you know, maximize your talent pool, that's not really a country anymore. And you know, this was something that many right wingers were comfortable saying during the Biden years, right when he was letting in millions of people stream across the border every year, like do we even have a country anymore? But you know that's changed, right, we swapped the guy out, and seemingly still that question of are we a real country or not remains unanswered. And again, right, like the purpose of someone being in charge is for there to be a ruler. And I think one of the terrifying things that's emerged in you know, American politics is this realization that effectively the system is unassailable. You can do everything you're supposed to do right, You can create a government apparatus for you know, purging the bloat, you know, for attacking the sort of patronage network of the left, you attacking the deep state, as it said, But it's almost like the blob is too big, it's gotten past the point of containment, and those interests right of sort of continuing the managerial system for see a pace no matter what, seemingly there's nothing to be done. And again I'm not trying to you know, monopolize this conversation talking about the you know, the American circumstance, but it is kind of bizarre that in both we are seeing this sort of crisis of legitimacy, Like what is the point of participation in this system if quite simply, you know, you're you're you're using a wheel that isn't connected to anything. In the US, we have these you know, shopping carts for children. We're just like you know, painted like a race car with a little fake steering wheel in it so your kid can amuse themselves while you go shopping.
Speaker 2: Like is that what this is?
Speaker 6: Is effectively this whole thing just designed to you know, do what it was going to anyway and just make you feel you know, Alternately, better or worse about it. I mean, I have an answer to that, but that's a dangerous place for regime to be.
Speaker 10: It.
Speaker 6: We need some sort of buy in here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And this is this is why I think the British government. It's unpopular to say, but I think the British government is panicking about this, just just in straightforward, even just from a Machiavellian point of view. I was thinking the other day, I mean, though, I think I might write something about this. There was some kind of atrocity happened last week. It's always the same, It's always the same thing. And I was I was thinking, I'd rather have a weak king than this.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: I'm not talking about Alfred the Great or Charlemagne or an Oliver Cromwell figure. What I mean is even like a weak pathetic king, like what Charles is now or what William will be in the future, even that would be better than what we've got now.
Speaker 2: And I realized that, you.
Speaker 7: Know, my, my misters, she watches all of the royal gossip rubbish. And I remember I wrote something. I watched that series that Crown last year, and you saw the because of the royal family, what they are obsessed with in all of this. If you think like Prince Andrew, because he was connected to Epstein, they immediately just stripped him of everything and booted him. I mean to be honest, it took. It took longer suld have done. But they realized there was more information going to come out in America and they were like, okay, get rid of them, get get rhythm, strip them everything, get rid of them. And the reason for it all And it's the whole all of the storylines, all of the plots, all of the drama in that TV show of the Crown is all about pr The royal family are absolutely desperate to be loved by the people, to be respected by the people.
Speaker 2: They it's all they want.
Speaker 7: And I was thinking, it's really strange because if you had a weak king and they had that same mindset, even if they were squishy and they didn't want to do things, They've got this this sort of sort of obsessed that people like them, that people like the Royals, and whereas when you look at the state, the bureaucracy, they don't care because as who do you hete everybody hates Kirstalma, but he doesn't care. He really he's on like ten percent approval rating, and he'll just carry on pushing.
Speaker 4: Through looking for an electric suv that delivers real value and reliability. The all new mg S five EV from frank Keene MG offers up to four hundred and eighty kilometers of range with prices from twenty nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety five euro excluding delivery. Enjoy a two thousand euro deposit contribution for a limited time plus a seven year warranty across the MG range. Smart and efficient. Discover the mg S five EV today at frank Keen MG. Visit FRANKEENMG dot, I teas and CS apply.
Speaker 1: This is the sound of a superpower we all have sending Christmas cards to our family and friends and making them feel loved. Who will you send magic to your auntie, your brother, You're bestie living abroad. You can buy Christmas stamp booklets in your local post office or online with free next day delibery. Send Christmas love from the heart today, unpost send.
Speaker 7: Love like terrible things that nobody wants. I mean, that's a whole different subject we'll get to know. But what I mean is when you take the daily, the daily atrocity that we get now, nobody really knows who's responsible. Whereas even if you had a because you've got this just just interlinking spaghetti of a system. But I don't know, it's a kind of old fashioned reactionary talking point. This But even when you put it in like even a weakling like William would have to be sitting there, who would be sitting on top of this system? Even then you would say, well, ultimately you are in charge, why is it that the place is being flooded with these sex pests? Like, ultimately, this is your country.
Speaker 2: You have to deal with it.
Speaker 7: But you can't really do that with If you try and pin that on the Labor Party, they'll just blame the Tory Party, or they'll blame this or that quango or the European Court of Human Rights or the Supreme Court. It just goes on and on and on. There's no accountability. And it was fascinating to think that, you know, you go back in the day when was Diana having an affair and what would the public think of this? What, oh god, we have to we have to clean this mess up or people will not like us. And I thought, yeah, I'd like to have that. I'd like to have a bit more of that in the country.
Speaker 2: Even if it was like a total weakling, they would at least in some way have to be responsive to what people want.
Speaker 6: Well and similarly as well. And this is a point that you know that Happa makes talking about monarchy, where it's like, well, you've you've also you know, established an interest in the nation. These these rulers that will they own it and they're going to pass it on to their family. Obviously there are still bad kings. Meristotle wrote about this quite a bit, but clearly are our elites do not see themselves as being connected to a place in any way. You know, what matters is not the actual nation, how it continues, but the sort of like aggregate propositional nation, right that the territory called America, and how much it can enrich me, you know, how much it can benefit my life. And this is the point that Land makes in Dark Enlightenment, I believe, where you know, he talks about how you know, the spendthrift politician is an evolutionary dead end because you have a very definite amount of time and power. You have shorter in hours than ors, of course, and so you know, the incentive is to create this sort of smash and grap and you sort of have this for them, this sort of wonderful situation where you know, once you're in, you're in and enrich yourself as much as you like. And then when questioned, you know, responsibility is so dispersed. It's really it's nobody's fault. You know, there's no one you can really blame. You've seen this, and I mentioned it before with this sort of massive welfare scandal coming out of Minnesota, right where these Somalis have you know, defrauded billion billion dollars plus or minus of you know, welfare money. And you know, when when looking for responsibility, sure you can look at the governor and it seems as if he's complicit, but you know, he's got more than enough people between him and anything actually said that he will never be forced to pay any consequences, for nobody will be forced to pay political consequences. The only people who might be are effectively, it seems like Donald Trump is family in immediate circle, you know, because they have particularly angered you know, the life left. And that's I think Another thing that I find to be particularly galling in all of this is that I feel like, I can't be the only one looking at this and saying like, well, you know, mister president, do you not realize what they're going to do to you him? His family has already been debanked, even down to his nineteen year old son can't get a bank account, you know, simply through association. And so when you look at him or even you know, many others in the nominal kind of conservative movement after the death of Charlie Kirk, it's like, well, like, where do you think this goes? Do you think that they're suddenly going to stop being violent? Because the sad lesson of that case is, effectively, no political violence works. You're sure that kid is going to go to jail for the rest of his life. But for everyone else they they want, they paid effectively no consequence and got one of their enemies removed. And so to me, I think that's a very worrisome trend that I've identified going forward. It seems as if the taboo around political violence has been well and truly broken. You know. Sure, obviously the individual people were either killed in the act or you know, put in jail, So there's that, right, there's still some semblance of justice, although in this case in Brown that may be falling apart for you know, again incompetence, ormalice. Who knows. But again, do you are we still a real country anymore? Or are we this sort of banana republic where you know, effectively the political class persecutes who they will and uses this sort of paramilitary violence to go after their enemies. I thought the whole point of a society was to have a monopoly on violence.
Speaker 2: Has that gone?
Speaker 6: Are we still, as you've said, like a functional country or is this becoming a sort of failed state? And obviously, you know, not literally, you know, I can still press a button and get whatever I want delivered to my house. It's not you know, it's not Zimbabwe. But you start to look at this and say, like, all right, we're identifying trend lines here, like where does this go and where is where is the urgency you would expect from you know, a ruling class faced with these sort of problems. Like one of the other things that I've been thinking about quite a lot is you know, how many of these sort of political assassins fit the same profile?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Ironically enough, you know, young men radicalized on the internet, but you know, towards this kind of like combination of you know, bizarre sexual perversion and extreme left wing politics, and it's like, well, you know, both of these kids are not from you know, liberal families, They're not from these kind of stereotypical progressives. They're sort of you know, sleeper cells that have been left in every you know, cul de sac in the country. And especially when you consider the fact that fewer and fewer young men are able to do the things that traditionally connected people to a society, able to you know, find a woman, you know, find property that is a tinder box. You know that not necessarily for some sort of war, but to say, like you were, you have this incredible population of young men with nothing to lose, and they have been given moral license to do something drastic. I can't be the only one seeing where this goes. And it seems like there are so many of these issues which are you know, if not you know, boiling over you. They're starting to bubble, and there seems to be no reaction. And I don't know if that's because it serves the ends of those in power, or they're simply too lazy or incompetent to address it. Sorry, more as a bit of a rant for me, but something I've been thinking about.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, it's that's quite specific to America. We don't because we don't have the guns. I mean, I think the criminals. If people I want to do they probably get them, but by and large they that's I think all of that's a specific problem to America. When I saw the picture of Tyler Robinson and the court hearing or whatever it was, and the look on his face, I thought that this is this is what like a leftists in America, like a white man in America, this is what he has to do for approval from his peers on the left. What he's saying is that I can give you a degree. I mean, I don't know anything about guns, but I can imagine he's singing one of it's in my skill set to be a pull off, a shot like that, and you know, this is what I can bring to the table.
Speaker 2: Love me, love me, you know.
Speaker 7: And I thought, this is this is just completely twisted. This is this that my view on it was, this is how what you have to do to be a white man and get social approval on the left. In Britain, it's it's a bit different. All this summer the violence that the concerns the government, because I know they don't seem to be very concerned about the daily sort of atrocity. But all summer there was this worry that we were going to have riots, and that would be the need of men against against the rapes, against the endless sort of just misery, but particularly against these hotels and these asylums.
Speaker 2: He guys.
Speaker 7: And it was strange going into the summer when these things tend to happen. And I wrote an article on substack they called it the Summer of Kindling, and all the newspapers and everybody, everybody was on tender hooks, and there was this sense that if some sort of atrocity happens, I mean, they did happen, but if one like in Southport last year, really catches on, really, then we've got major, major problems. And I think this goes back to the government recognizing that at the end of the day, we do have a country. We can't just sort of presade over this anarchy because our own sort of legitimacy, our own position long term is being eroded by this. I mean, the latest thing that's going on is that they're they're banging the war drums for Russia. The nation has to prepare its sons and daughters for war with Russia. And I'm not even I'm not even like a Russia symp I get accused of it, but I'm perfectly fine that. I'm fine if if I think NATO, if we've got NATO, if a country in NATO is attacked, then it deserves a joint response, fair enough.
Speaker 2: Like that's about it.
Speaker 7: I'm kind of boring and normally in in that regard, but that isn't really what we're getting. We're getting as if there's going to be this, an attack is imminent, And I asked, well, where's the troop build up, where's this, Where's this going to happen? And I'm never given any answers. But the flip side of that, of course, is that now you're asking the demographic which has been made per eye as the exact demographic you need to go and fight these wars are working class white lads from Teeside and Sunderland and Middlesbrough and these these areas which have just been left to rot. And you see the sentiment of no, we're not going to do it anymore. And I did a little sort of grock Google thing, and I was asking it, like, what what are the what what instances and history have there been where a population was so demoralized by its its rulers that they just flatly refused to war on their behalf any more. And one of the one of the results that came up was caligular caligulars caligular plan and invasion of the British Isles and as armies just refused because you're insane, you're a lunatic, and we're done with it. And I think, I just thought, is this whether British state is now where the historical comparisons are like Caligula And one of the other ones is like Russian the under the Zah and Russian and things, But the one of like where you've got the British states, the Kisama and the British government is now comparable to Caligula in how demoralized and kind of incensed people that it's it says it all, It really says all.
Speaker 6: No, one hundred percent. I think that his faded drug, you said, Marta Valila, I couldn't shoul their father's staffer to two to month.
Speaker 2: His fader Lrene thrugy two will you rudder organ will blow along?
Speaker 6: When you knowed the two boat couldn't rusta conto Marvine twig to month passionary Augustini.
Speaker 11: Not to.
Speaker 2: To a court at Rsa pon kai.
Speaker 9: Another square story from Toblerone, work Christmas do time for the gifts you got your boss, Tina bath bombs shaped like mince pies, but added tobler own diamond truffles just in case she unwraps the bath bombs silence. Then the Toblerone truffles, velvety diamond shaped chocolates with a crunchy new golf filling. Oh big smiles from Tina. Whatever you gift, added diamonds just in case. Tobalone never square.
Speaker 6: That's what's so, I guess worrisome about these kind of you know, calls for foreign adventure. We're kind of spinning up for one with Venezuela, and you know, hopefully that will be much less of a cluster then you know what happened in Afghanistan. But you know, I wonder if that is the danger of you know, a Nigel Faraja esque figure, right, someone who makes the average man feels if his complaints are being heard and just in time for you know, a big war. You know this is you know what you see from from you know, guys like aa we're talking about, you know, the desire to get white boys to die in foreign wars. Right, that is the reason that you know, certain social attitudes are being relaxed. And you know, you're you're starting to see as we you know, have noticed in both your country and mind uh you know, military ads featuring white guys again, you start to get a little nervous. You're like, okay, like why why are you letting up? Why are you doing something obviously that hasn't happened in your country, But you know the fact that you know, Farage may be making a good run of it, who knows, but I think.
Speaker 7: We are getting those military adds. We were specifically targeting people like me, people like people from the north, are the industrialized North in particular, which is what traditionally the pool that we've It's kind of like the north of England is a bit like the American South o semiogogue.
Speaker 2: It is there is something too that.
Speaker 6: All right, it's the same, it's the same genetics, let's be honest, right, Yeah, Like this is sort of a funny thing. But you know, our are Scots Irish, you know, which is you know, a combination of you know, Orderers and you know a little bit of Irish mixed in. Have basically fought every American war in history. We were The whole reason they're ain't even in the South is that Quakers were getting killed by Indians, and so they sort of cast about and said, well, you know who can fight, we will not, And it's who they selected. And it is one of those things where it's what I worry about more in in my country than yours, is that I almost wonder if you know here where we're you know, in this in the second Trump era, you know, where the right is seen to be sort of culturally ascended, you see a lot more buy in right because it feels like your country again. But in your case, I don't understan that seems like too much whiplash, you know, to go from very quickly. You know, you can't tweet about anything. You know, everyone is British. You know the Irish were actually black, which you know, if you're a Ben Franklin guy, I guess you could make the argument for but how do you this is an open question. I do not know the answer. How do you so quickly tone shift on that? Because I can't see how you can convince people to sign up for a state that you know so recently hated them and still does you can't.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's one of the somebody sort of one thing that I saw was that they would weigh like four thousand pounds a month in their faces, which you may get a bit of an up particle of that until the shooting starts, until the dying starts, and then that won't be enough anymore. But it goes back to what I was saying at the start, that you know, it gets to a point where the kind of the problems that could arise when when I began talking about this so long ago, for most people, it was just something purely abstract. But now it's there. It's there now in the real world. They're they're rubbing shoulders with it in the real world, and this is so now it's like really there. It's it's in their face. It's in their face every time they go to the shopping center, it's it's when they go to work, but it's it's everywhere now, And so there's a sense that you know, the rabbits has bolted, and then they're looking around and thinking, well, this this they kind of have asked for this, and you get into this kind of like why is this happening? Why do I feel like a stranger and your own homeland? And so you're going to have to have some really drastic policies to undo that. And this is why it's it's I realized it's an unpopular opinion, but it's it's quite shocking, how like how far to the right labor are willing to lurch on some of these things. One of the things that was mentioned last week, which I think is this is one of the things they mentioned was the asylum seekers who were coming in, We're going to have all of their money and jewelry taking off them to pay for their So so you get this, you get this, and it's like, I don't I don't want to rob the illegal immigrants. I just don't want them in the country, Like I don't want to do this performance.
Speaker 6: There's a simpler solution.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't want to I don't want to rob them, I don't want to mug them when they step off the board. I just want the board turned around and they can step back. I don't want this kind of performance of cruelty that they that's miss under. But you can see what where they're what they're trying.
Speaker 2: To go for there.
Speaker 7: And another thing is the numbers coming down and down and down, which they are. It's too late, it's the damage is done now.
Speaker 2: And so in terms of I.
Speaker 7: Mean, I do think this is part of the reason why the American government is blast, putting European countries on blast for being too woke and do you know you don't have freedom of speech and all of that. I think they actually genuinely worry that this is this is compromising the empire itself, where the core the basics now are beginning to unravel. If you want to have if you want to have this sort of American empire, then you've got this sort of major chunk of it in Europe, and with Britain as always being America as.
Speaker 2: Point man, in Europe begin to look quite unhinged.
Speaker 7: And you can think, even purely sort of from cymically, yeah, okay, it's it's walk, it's lefty. They know they don't have free speech, but is does that actually create war fighting potential? What happens if they go so far on this that it becomes compromises the entire kind of structure of the American Empire. And that's why I think that's something to that. But as you are saying, even within America, they're not doing that much to change it. It's just I think there's so much space. Maybe maybe not everybody. It's not in their face as it is in European countries like England in particular, is pretty bad at the moment, and it hasn't created the conditions where lots of men want to go off and fight like Russia. Because fundamentally it's a trite point to make. That like what everybody will make. But it is true that whether they like it or not, more people see Kyo storm On the Labor Party as their enemy than they do Vladimir Putin and Russia. And that's just that's just the reality of it.
Speaker 6: Well, especially when you know, if if the argument you know, is made in sort of you know, blood and soil terms, right, the idea that you like defend the homeland, it's like, well, one, you haven't done that, you know, they are foreigners. And also it's not as if you know Russia's you know, dumping boats into the English Channel. You know they're they're dropping bombs over London. You know it's for again this kind of you know, outer or outpost of someone else's empire. But why would anyone get involved, you know, particularly when they're very clean or very clearly being sold out at home? I think one of the other open questions. Uh, and this is you know, sort of different on opposite ends of the Atlantic. But there is a financial element to this as well, right, like how long can you keep paying for all of this because and you know it's slightly different here because you know, the empire that controls most of the world's, right, you get to sort of violate the rules. But and I realized, you know, you're not a you don't cover finance, and I be honest, don't know anything about it either. But the signs you're seeing are sort of worrying. You know, you have this this giant, you know, argument about the budget, right that a massive hole suddenly discovered. You know, it's just missing, you know, the problems with the government securing debt. And it's like, well, okay, how does the system of paying people off work when you can't make the payments, you know, when it suddenly you have to make difficult decisions. And it seems as if this is just a question that is not being answered at all. And again, look, I realize people have been predicting the collapse of the global financial market for longer that I've been alive. I'm not, you know, saying that's what's gonna happen. But again, what do you do when you face a genuine crisis? I don't know. These people don't seem to be acting seriously about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it just keeps limping on, and it may we need we end up be facing like some giant crush, but we are facing this kind of steady. There's a word like and shittification. In this case, everything is getting I noticed there's these biscuits. I don't know if you have them in America, but we call them penguin biscuits, these little chocolate biscuits, and they're basically just a little chocolate biscuit that you have with like a cup of tea. And they've changed it now because chocolate has become really expensive. For apparently they get coca beans.
Speaker 3: With colder days and longer nights, energy bills can feel unpredictable. But with you Know Energy, you're never in the dark. See what you've spent each day, and even get a forecast of your next bill, so you're always one step ahead. Join you Know Energy today and save up to nine hundred and forty five euro of a year.
Speaker 4: On deal fuel.
Speaker 3: With you Know Energy, you just know you Know Energy. Discount Very of Electricity rate EA B one three two three euros discount very bug ass ray one one five one euro for decenc's rates and savings calculations. See you Know Energy dot A suppliers pricing may change.
Speaker 2: You Know Energy.
Speaker 11: At Central, we've got amazing Santa Savers from now on to the Big Man arrives like inspired by Central Breakfast Range any three items for six year OH award winning inspired by Central Chocolate you log five forty nine year OH and shut enough to remy for a brad only fifteen year old stuck up at CenTra this Christmas CenTra live every day in Joel Car.
Speaker 7: Sensibly, if it's climate change or whatever it is, for whatever reason, it's becoming extremely expensive, and so they changed it so that now it's chocolate flavored or chocolate or the chocolate compound chocolate tasting compound is now what this is the kind of played a sort of fait every everything's fake, so you know, you'll you'll sit in the in the UK with the daily atrocity and you're not even eating real chocolate anymore. It's like chocolate tasting compound. But it's just enough to get through the regulations and all of this kind of thing, and yeah, it's it's all. It's all just sort of squaliz. I wish I could, I wish I wasn't such a duma, but I do.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 7: One of the things, you know, is one of the reasons why I focus on this stuff is because it's real. And when I look at like social media and I look at sort of the sort of Candice Owns versus Tim Poole, versus Nick Fans versus Carlson who killed Charlie, this this whole kind of You've basically got all these millionaires like ship talking each other and everybody is like clapping it along, and that there's something there's this kind of hard realism about life in the UK, which I find is grounding. I find it kind of keeps you keeps your feet on the on the ground it's it's not really a part of the discourse of the online right. I mean the little touches where you're not even in real chocolate anymore, and and and the streets where it's like Afghan immigrants and what they call them roadman and all of this that there's a there's a kind of hardness and glottliness to it, which I feel is real. I'm not part of this hype, a real Internet sort of garbage, to be honest.
Speaker 6: Well, and this is something that they call it like the affordability crisis here where, And I think this is a much bigger problem, especially for sort of the narrative of America and also for the kind of Whig history we see across the progressive world, which is at a certain point it becomes painfully obvious that things are getting worse, that the system is is fumbling. And you know, I think about conversations I've had with my my grandfather, who's you know, he worked his entire life in the trades, and he's a body man, right, repairing cars, And you know, he got out of the military. He was a homeless orphan. He was not a wealthy man by any means. You know, worked in a McDonald's. You ended up in the trades. And the whole time you know, his he supported his children is you know, they lived in homes that they owned, you know, palaces by any means, but still property, and were able to buy new cars. You know, it was just seen as kind of expected for someone in the you know, the broad working class even and you know, now every one of those things has become a luxury to the point where you know, housing is ludicrously expensive. Groceries have become incredibly expensive, as you mentioned, you know, they're more and more of these sort of ersatz products. And I mean, look, I'm not going to complain about it, but I've never owned a car that came out after I got my driver's license, right at any point, even to this day, I drive a vehicle that's twenty years old, and that's just seen as as normal for people who are middle class. Effectively, the whole society is downwardly mobile. Everyone is getting poorer, and you know, look, it's one thing if that's just hard times right there. This has happened before. Nations go through these periods, you know, but when you're being told, you know, know, everything is getting better, everything has to get better because the past was evil and horrible and racist, and now you know, in this new world, right, this new liberated existence, isn't it grand? And you look around and you're like, well, for who, right do I live in a country that's just a retirement home, you know, designed to ensure that, you know, a certain generation is you know, maximally comfortable. And then they're they're imported servants?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that what we have here?
Speaker 6: And so it's again like this is another aspect of that legitimacy crisis, like what are we doing here? What is the point of this?
Speaker 2: I don't know? It is?
Speaker 6: Sorry, what's that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean And this gets to something which because nobody wants to hear it.
Speaker 2: Part one.
Speaker 7: To take Boris Johnson for example, The reason that he flooded the place with millions of people within just a couple of years for the Borrows Wave was that after COVID, they needed all of these bodies. The Bank of England I think it was just basically just demanded that he flood the place, take off, take off the breaks, take off all the safeguards and just flood the place for financial reasons to soak up the money so we didn't get hype oer inflation and to get people working and all of this kind of thing. And now the justification which we hear increasingly now there's an article in The Guardian this week that everybody was talking about is basically, there's there's the birth rate is too low and you need to sort of you need bodies, you need these endless bodies coming in to keep this thing chugging along. And I know and I know that many people on the right look for ways to sort of brush that aside, and I think it's that it's a nettle that should be grabbed and you should just accept that. Yeah, we're gonna we still we will just have to do it, like we will just have to watch things collapse. We will just have to go downwards in our quality of life because as it is now, that's gonna happen anyway, just it'll take longer, but when it does actually happen, we're going to be like total minorities in our own country. And I'm I've actually sort of fought this through towards logical conclusion that for example, you're gonna have to deal with the fact that there.
Speaker 2: Will be two few children and too many old.
Speaker 7: People, and that's just the way it's going to be, and it's going to be tough. But if we've still got our own country, and we've still got our own people and a sense of where we are in the world, it could be choked up as another kind of hard time that let's say the English went through. So we've been through hard times before and we're going through another one again. If you've got like a circular view of history, which I tend to, then you kind of you know that winter is coming, and if you can just be honest about where you are on the cycle, you can hunker down and you can get ready for it. Now a strange but what that will mean will be telling the markets and telling the bankers to go to hell. And in a geopolitical sense, it's gonna be a little bit like if you're in a playing strategy game, it would be like turtling. You're just gonna kind of take some time out from world history because you're not in a good state right now. You're going to defend your borders, You're gonna have minimal You're going to be like actually so many other countries around the world, to just mind their own business we did. You know, it's a particular Western and are definitely a particularly English mindset.
Speaker 2: You see it even now, even now, at.
Speaker 7: This stage, we're warmongering and pretend to be a great power. And if we could just say, look, time out, time out, we need one hundred years of getting We need to deport all the foreigners, and we need to get a house and order because we're dying here and we need to go on the defensive now very quickly, you would have curious things happening in that Materially things would go downhill quite a lot, but other things will happen where everybody would be able to have a house, so there wouldn't be a housing shortage. You would free up all of these properties and you would have you know, when when you when you we got through the plague, for example, you got this booon to after the plague, it was horrible, the worst thing we've ever been through. And afterwards it was this boon time. And slowly but surely you can breathe yourself back to life, and you can heal the scars, and we can eat potatoes and onions and it's not going to be nice. But the problem is this is not what anybody wants to hear this is this is just not and this is this is this is the tragedy. This is the great tragedy of it all. The solution of this is to just take some time out and be ourselves for a long time.
Speaker 2: But it's not. It's this kind of drive and of madness.
Speaker 6: Right, And that's that you're the thing that I mentioned right, that that wig history right, things are always getting better all the time, and that's almost like this sacred myth that needs to be preserved no matter what. And so certainly on the narrative level, but also on the economic level, it's like, whatever we need to do so that that that fiction stays a live right, anything will be sacrificed. And I think that your point about, you know, quality of living is I agree with that, right. And the complaints I'm making are not to say, you know, a decline in quality of living is the you know, the the worst thing that can befall either an individual or a nation. But there's a difference, as you've said, when you were getting you know, both, when you're getting both replacement and the decline, and it's like, well that seems to be losing twice right, this, this decline and quality of living, you know, this decline in you know, international prominence seems to be an efft seems to be the way of the world. And you can either fight against that, you know, tooth and nail and destroy yourself in the process, or say, you know what, I would rather live to play another game anyway more goth over time. I've got another interview after this, and my guest is no doubt wondering where I am. But thank you so much, man, It's it's always great to talk to you. I really appreciate your time.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 7: I hope it wasn't too miserable, but that's the way things are.
Speaker 2: At the moment.
Speaker 7: So yeah, maybe I'll see you again next year.
Speaker 2: I have a merry Christmas.
Speaker 6: Likewise, Mort, I'll be sure to link to all of your stuff. It's great speaking to you. I appreciate it, all right.
Speaker 12: This Christmas on sky you can turn a silent nice it's just stopp It's time to lice an old mince pie into a stunning try and winter chill into anally pally thrill. With over fifty Premier League games, exclusive Champions Cup in RC Rugby at all the darts. Turn your Christmas into a sports miss to remember with Sky Sports and Sports Extra Merry Sports miss Hey.
Speaker 10: Looking for car insurance that's simple, fast and comes with a little extra that's red click right now when you quote them by online, We'll give you a forty year retail vouchure to treat yourself to something special. For insurance that's easy, insurance that's quick visit redclick dot Ie. Offer applies to new private car policies purchased until twenty eighth of February twenty twenty six. Acceptance criteria teas and Z's apply generally is banu desagursi race of course. Essay trading is red click and generally is authorized by the General Directors of Insurance and Pension PUNS in Spain and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for consumer protection rules.