Speaker 1: God Well.
Speaker 2: Channeling his dinner Clurk, get them dives.
Speaker 3: Make's the cat backhand sign Dustin off that gold.
Speaker 2: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 1: Wanna take your shot? We're waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 4: We're here.
Speaker 1: The road comes through La, Come get it.
Speaker 2: If you won't it, I got it. Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 5: I got it?
Speaker 3: Miss Overall, Miss Dan Klass, Padre's fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 6: Ring.
Speaker 3: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Dodgers on Deck. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Tim kas Hi, everybody and look come into my Wrongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Saturday night. Certainly hot outside here in southern California. This is Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodger pregame show. As your world champion Dodgers forty one and twenty nine on this season, and they are now looking up at the San Francisco Giants in the NL West tonight though Clayton Kershaw on the mound. First pitch from Dodgers Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's Saturday, so that means it's Snell Zilla Day. Yes, Blake Snell goes one on one with David Vaz, say, we got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at La DV course checks in throughout the show, and it's just a few minutes. We'll hear from Tim Neberty and Rick Monday out at the Galpin Motors broadcast booth. Well, last night, Yoshinobu Yabomoto got the start, and it wasn't his best. He pitched into the fifth inning, but gave up some runs. In the first, William Damas a solo home run to write that gave the Giants a one nothing lead. The Dodgers got that run back though. In the second, Andy Pat has a sack flyt Roy Right that scored will Smith and we were all tied at one. How Whoever, in the third, Yoshinobu Yamamoto got into some trouble his own trouble and then had the bases loaded for Casey Smidt.
Speaker 7: There comes the one one on the way, swung on in a hammer deep to left and it's a grand slam for Schmidt, up into the pavilion and the Giants take a five to one leave Casey Schmidt with a grand slam for San Francisco. It is his second home run of the season. In the other three runs all walks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a great third inning for Yamamoto. The grand slam is the cherry on top for Casey schmid a five to one Giants lead after three. Fast forward to the seventh inning, Dodgers down five to one still when Tey Oscar Hernandez got him on the.
Speaker 7: Board to the Oscar lifts the ball high and deep to right field. This one headed back to the walk on a hold run Tasker Hernandez. It's five to two as taosker rips his twelve home run of the season.
Speaker 2: Tasker Hernandez with the home run. That is the top tier play the game, brought to you by Arco quality, top tier gas for a less the Dodgers would knock get on the board anymore. Andrew Kissner a home run to center in the eighth inning and gave the Giants a six to two late How about the Giants backup catcher and backup third basements both going deep. William Thomas their prize possession and free agency or who they acquired this last offseason. He gets a home run as well. The Dodgers offense last night's just two runs on two hits. That's it. As the Dodgers ran into Logan Webb and his seven innings struck out four. He gave up those two runs. No runs given up by the two Giants relievers. As the Giants take Game one of this three game series sixty two, the final Logan Web now six and five. Yoshinobu Yamamoto falls to six and five on this season. Giants improved to forty one and twenty nine on this season, along with the Dodgers also at forty one and twenty nine. Tonight, the Dodgers need to get back on the winning track, so they give the ball to Clayton Kershaw in Game two of this three game set. First pitch at seven ten and with more we head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, Tim, thank you very much. Another nice night here at Dodgers Stadium for a ballgame. Is the Dodgers and the San Francisco Giants played the middle frame of this three game weekend set and very important for the Dodgers tonight to reclaim first place by themselves. The Dodgers and the Giants begin the night with an identical record of forty one and twenty nine, and it's been a long time since the Giants have been in first place by themselves. Back in early April, they had a half game lead for a day. But other than that has been the Dodgers dominating the National League Western Division standings.
Speaker 1: But the Giants have continued to win.
Speaker 7: They've picked up a number of wins in close games, and they've done it by pitching and getting just enough hitting.
Speaker 3: Tim, I think for the Dodgers, and I'm trying to tread on this lightly, I think the Dodgers tonight have to come on with The outlook is that tonight they begin the longest wind streak that they've had of the season. You know, you and I were talking earlier. The last twenty six game Dodgers are actually two games for five hundred, they're twelve and fourteen. The last twenty nine games they're twelve and eleven, So this is a good time to do it. Meanwhile, the Giants, who as you mentioned, have now been tied, they've not only won eight of the last nine, but you start to look, they've won eight of the last eleven on that end of it. The Dodgers the last eleven games, they're below five hundred at five and six, So a good time to get things started. And who better to give the ball to a guy who's headed to Cooper's Down after his playing career, that being Clayton Kershaw. And he just continues to kind of hone in on three thousand and strikeouts in his great career as well.
Speaker 7: He's seventeen more is at twenty nine and eighty three, coming off a good performance against Saint louis landon rope. His opposition started tonight for San Francisco. The Giants have won eight of their last nine ball games. Meantime, the Dodgers are twelve and fourteen, two games under five hundred in their last twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they've not really hit too well. I mean, you look at the last seven games collectively, this team's just one ninety four in the batting average. They're not getting big production in the month of June from Okani and Freeman, along with some other guys you kind of look at, but those are the two you look at, the top three guys in the Dodger lineup. So yeah, it's a good time to do it. And when we talk offense, you know, the Dodgers different than the San Francisco Giants because the Dodgers have relied upon the offense and for the Giants mostly unpitching. Well, last night it was offense and pitching for the San Francisco Giants, and it was a mysterious night for Yoshinovo Yambamoto, who went just four and two thirds last night for the Dodgers, gave up a couple of home runs and made one hundred and two pitches.
Speaker 7: And walked a career high five in that ballgame as well. Meantime, Sho Hal Johnny has gone now ten games without driving in a run that ties a career high for him that was, unfortunately for him, set in May and June of twenty eighteen. So he looks to get out of that funk. He ended an eight game hitting streak last night taking an over. In fact, the team offensively, tay Oscar Hernandez went two for three. The rest of the team aer for twenty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they didn't do it. And for the Giants, I mean they wind up win. Of course, the Grand Slam was hit by Casey Schmidt. That was the big blast. They were just one for eight with runners and scoring positions. A good time to do things. The energy level, I think when you get behind in a ballgame early seems to dissipate. That's what happened. And the Giants, who are not known for hitting home runs this year, in fact, they're twenty first down the line. Well, last night they hit three out of the ballpark. The Dodgers had that lone home run by ti Oscar here name us tonight hopefully the Dodgers kind of turned the tables on the Giants.
Speaker 7: Clayton Kershaw against Land and Roof. That's the pitching match up here in Game two at Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and the Giants still to come.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game. Dame Meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's Right now Shaky's dot Com coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Vaz Say he'll go one on one with Blake Snell. We'll type deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next, you're o Tani Rewine and we visit with Kirsita Watson from sports and at LA. If we lead up to Dodgers and Giants on this Saturday, thanks for meeting with us. I'm Tim Kasy's the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball Dodgers Giants Game two of this three games set Clayton kershaw Land and Roof. The pitching match first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 2: Well the Dodgers last night, pretty quiet they lost six to two. Show Hey, Otani did not have a hit. Mookie Betts was on base twice with a couple of walks. Dodgers had two hits in the game, all from tay Oscar Hernandez. That's it, two runs on two hits to showy Otani zero for four now hitting two eighty six is the Dodgers last night's season opener or series opener six to two.
Speaker 4: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston ol joins us from the stadium before the Dodgers and Giants on this Saturday. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven to seven Cars for Kids Right now, friendly agents are standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with a K to donate your car today. Speaking of ks, we are getting closer for Clayton Kershaw and three thousand strikeouts. Happy Kershaw Day, Kirsten.
Speaker 8: Can you believe in Also like the fact that the number is now down to seventeen. That's really not that many, especially when you consider on his last outing he had seven strikeouts. Now it is clear that in that last outing that's probably the best start he's had this year. We saw more of the swing and miss against the Cardinals, and even coming out of it, he just felt like, you know, stuff was there and it was good to see just kind of how the ball was playing, to see more swing and miss in his game, kind of get back to his is I guess true roots per se. But for him, he feels like there's still a few things he's looking to kind of tighten up and to work through to get exactly where he wants to be. But it definitely was a good sign. So he was hoping to carry that over into this one. And of course the question was you know now that you are only seventeen strikeouts away from three thousand, like you are you counting? How where are you of the strikeout numbers? Things like that, and he was saying, you know, it's clean Kershaw and He's like, I'm not really looking into the numbers right now. It is what it is. But he admitted that Freddy Freeman is very.
Speaker 4: Much on top of it.
Speaker 8: And I asked Freddy tod today, I said, what is tell me more like, how many times are you reminding him? Are you reminding him during the game? So now it's Clay Kurshof. He doesn't really speak to anyone during the game because that would be huge. He goes, absolutely not here soon, I'm reminding him after the game or maybe like the next day to be like just so you know. And as soon as I ask, okay, so how many he goes seventeen, I go, you're on it. I'm impressed. I was very impressed. So, yeah, we're all counting. Though the ticker is officially on, the countdown begins.
Speaker 2: The countdown has begun. And looking into that Dodger clubhouse, Emmitt shean a fresh body and maybe a fresh arm joining this rotation. Yeah, we're hoping.
Speaker 8: So so. Emmett, first of all, has had a fantastic just build up coming back from injury, coming back from surgery, and so for him, he's put a lot of intention and just kind of prioritizing his health and his body and getting stronger and putting him in a good position to be successful. Now, if we look at his last outing, his last rehab start, which was now two days ago, it wasn't his best. He gone through three and a third. Kind of the the hits got up there. It is what it is. The runs got up there. But the most important thing is that he continues to feel healthy. So he is in the clubhouse today. He has not been activated. Dave Roberts said that he's still on his rehab assignment, but they wanted to get him here. He's gonna throw a bullpen here with the big league club if that goes well. It does sound like his next start could be back in the rotation. What that means just to be considering his built up He hasn't gone to that, you know, five and seventy five just yet with his rehab starts. They were hoping they would get him through four in the last one, but Dave Roberts said that they do feel comfortable with like a four and sixty five when that time comes. So we know that we're in a long stretch. It's a ten game homestand so right now and all arms and all hands are on deck and absolutely need it for this team.
Speaker 2: Jarson, We appreciate it. Great stuff. We will check in with you after the game. Still to come here on Moroco Casino, Dodgers on deck. We'll check out with David vest Say, but I'm next, we'll get you your injury report and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. All leading you up to Dodgers and Giants on this Saturday night. First Bitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kaysis the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Saturday night as we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Giants Moroco Casino Resort and Spa, a Grand Slam for good times. Clayton Kershaw on the mouth, seventeen strikeouts away from three thousand in his career. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tony Gonsolin on the iel at the right elbows soreness. Tyler Glass now on the IL. Buddy is throwing. We'll get an update on Blake Snell coming up in about twenty minutes when David vas Say goes one on one with Snell Zilla on Snell Zilla Saturday. Luis Garci on the I Element, shean with the team. You heard Keirson talk about it. He could be activated next time. His turn is to pitch. Rookie Sasaki on the I L as well. All right, let's have back out to Dodger Stadium as we check out with the Dodgers skipper, any.
Speaker 5: Questions for Dave?
Speaker 9: Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 4: The dugouts with Dave?
Speaker 8: Robberts talk about just a little bit more sting in this team?
Speaker 3: How do you heart seem just carry that over a.
Speaker 4: Name in this one against Turns.
Speaker 9: I think we're gonna need the slider tonight. Uh, certainly heavy, heavy, right handed lineup tonight. Some guys are familiar with them, most guys aren't. But I think that if you know, if he can command that fastball to both sides of the plate and uh, you know, present that slider as a strike, it should be a good outing for him. Aggressive team, So there should be a lot of balls in play early. But I think that you know, Clayton's in a good spot and look for him to build on his last one injury.
Speaker 2: Raised Like how pictures get used, this is so you feel let just mean more pictures that get to three thousand first recus I to pleat them.
Speaker 9: You know, I don't know, I'm not current with with the list of you know, where guys are at, but certainly the strikeout the way guys are, you know, breaking down and kind of the longevity of you know, the longevity piece to throw in two hundred plus innings a year to be able to strike guys out. That's a I don't know the answer. That's a good exercise probably for me to do heavy.
Speaker 1: She and had a big green on his face, but didn't want to speak out of turn about what the plan for me? Wanting to speak on his beat.
Speaker 9: Well, he's here, he's still on rehab.
Speaker 5: So where he's gonna throw a pen?
Speaker 9: I think tomorrow and then if if all goes well, you know, there's an opportunity for him to be activated. So we'll see and we'll keep kicking the cantil till Ethosi's pen.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think you're gonna have to kick that can too much farther down the road because Immachian could be coming back sooner rather than later. More on that with David Vas. Say, when we come back here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck and we're leading you up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Giants. I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers playing host of the San Francisco Giants, Clinton Kershaw on the mountain, seventeen strikeouts away from three thousand, first pitch coming up. I'm sevent ten.
Speaker 4: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 4: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: Right, Freddy Freeman. He's got a quad injury to go with the ankle. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in San Diego during the middle game of that series, Freddy Freeman aggravated a quad injury that he did not have and now is managing He's not been running at full speed. In case you're wondering why, he may not be running at times as fast as you're used to seeing Freddy Freeman run. That's the reason why. And today, for the first time, I asked him about it and how much is he managing it and for how long?
Speaker 2: It's not living at all?
Speaker 10: It is not one hundred percent, so I will manage it. I won't run as hard on certain things, but when I have to run hard, I'm okay to run hard. It's just more of just trying to keep it manageable. It feels better when you don't get any hits or get on base. It definitely helps. It's like an active rest day. So today I feel good. It's a lot less tight today, so hopefully by managing it, I'll be one hundred percent in a few days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dave said that you've made an agreement with him to manage it or you gonna get a day off.
Speaker 10: Yeah. Yeah, it's hard to like their day. I had to beat the ball out and with the infield hit, so what that's what we're trying to manage. Like when I have to do something like that, I'll be able to do it. So yeah, I mean if I hit him grumble to like first base, you probably won't see me run hard the next couple of days. Just try it so I don't hurt myself.
Speaker 2: So it's in a.
Speaker 10: Spot where I can play through it. It doesn't affect you anything right now, but just trying to manage it and get through.
Speaker 1: One last question. Kershaw also told us you're the one that's keeping count of how many strikeouts away from three thousand, So I'm putting you on the spot right now seventeen more. You're one hundred percent right, and Freddy Freeman forty fifth on the all time doubles list.
Speaker 10: Okay, well, more important, let's get Clayton's seventeen more. I think I just you know, a career like that, and to be able to watch it him fold and being his teammate the last four years, obviously, I've helped him get to three thousand strikeouts as well, so it's just incredible. He's an incredible man, incredible pitcher. So hopefully he can have a few more games like the last one where he had six or seven strikeouts.
Speaker 5: We can get there soon.
Speaker 1: We're all very lucky. We got Freddy Freeman and we got Clayton Kershaw on the same team. That's special and that spoils all of us.
Speaker 5: Thank you, David.
Speaker 10: So hopefully Clayton has a wonderful night and we get to celebrate him here shortly in the next couple weeks.
Speaker 1: No doubt that's coming up here in the next couple of weeks, maybe even before the All Star break. Kershaw becoming just the fourth left hander in baseball history to achieve three thousand strikeouts. And how about this, Tim I mentioned Freddie Freeman and him climbing the all time doubles list in Baseball history corrections and retractions, he is forty third on the list and only six doubles away from passing the Iron Horse Lou Garrick for forty second on that list.
Speaker 2: Wow, Dave, we got about thirty second. It's another twenty twenty four world champion getting his ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in about ten minutes, Joe Kelly, Mariachi, Joe is going to be on the field and we'll be presented with is twenty twenty four World Series ring. We're gonna catch up with Joe and you'll hear Mariachi Joe on Dodger Talk after the game tonight.
Speaker 2: Very cool. Thanks a lot, David. David is driven by Ford with over two hundred million drivers. You've done more than help make Ford America's best selling auto brand. Your purchases have enabled Ford and for dealers to donate billions to help build and rebuild communities. This June by a Ford and help celebrate an important additional donation to their causes. That's Ford Building Together. Get into your local Southern California for dealers and help support Ford and continue to help with donations to help our community. Ford Motor Company from America for America. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will hear from Snell Zillo. Rick Monday checks back in, but up next for Dodgers Magical Moment. Dodgers Giants First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Katson's the world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Giants, Game two of this three game weekend set. Clayton Kershawn Landon rooted the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seventen.
Speaker 1: Dog hot Dog, who wants the hot Gun?
Speaker 4: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. It's Magical presented by Hawkey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: I remember like it was yesterday, October second, two thousand and four. Dodgers taking on the San Francisco Giants, the final weekend of the regular season. The Dodgers trying to clinch the division and Steve Finley would help him do it.
Speaker 11: Oh and one the calendar Finley, the outfield is shallow, the infield is up. Finley today is one for four Franklin said, Wayne Reddy and Deal swung.
Speaker 6: On high fly ball to the deep right field, wherever it goes. The Dodgers have one, and it's a Grand Slam home run. I have always spelled, there are no words to describe a situation like this except the roar of the crowd and for those of us privileged to be here watching the Dodgers just about jump out.
Speaker 1: Of their uniform.
Speaker 2: What a finish, What a call from the Great Vincecully, Steve Finley with the Grand Slam. On October two, two thousand and four, the Dodgers clinched the NL West title against the Giants. This Hafey magical moment brought to you by Hafey hot Dogs, Hafey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hafey hot Dogs Local. It's so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check back in with Rick Monday and David Vassay as we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers Giants. I'm Tim Kats's, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 4: This is my Longo Casino Dodgers on deech on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 2: Law Dodgers and Giants on this Saturday night. Clayton Kershaw seventeen strikeouts away from three thousand in his Hall of Fame career. Time out for the Dodgers' game plan. What's your game plan? Dodger fan? Time about starting your future to California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with the tuition, the books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, So enrolled today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 4: And now joined by David Bassey. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Rick.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers need to win tonight. They got a pretty good guy in the mound to try to be stubborn and give them a chance to do so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think for Clayton Kershaw, this is more than just Hey, he's honing in on three thousand career strikeouts, only seventeen shy of that magic number. I mean every time he takes them mount, you're expecting to see some thing that maybe had not seen before. And I think Dave Roberts, we'll talk about it a little bit later on, Dave Roberts just said, he said, look, he's going to need the slider in tonight's ballgame. And the reason I think you said that is that for Kershaw, he's taken a couple of innings to dial in the slider and the curve ball in the five previous starts that he's had. Once he gets that in the last time out, keep in mind that slider had teeth, it was kind of burrowing in on right headed batters, and hopefully he has that really from the get go tonight.
Speaker 1: Dave Roberts said the same thing about the slider, But how about his money pitch, the curveball that becomes more of a weapon these days.
Speaker 3: How about the other pitch he's come up with, that being the splitter and not too many of them. But that's another wrinkle. Remember the slider that he was working on it for two years before he actually used it in a ballgame in competition. That's how exact Clayton Kershaw wants to be. Hopefully that's what he takes the mound with in the first inning tonight.
Speaker 1: The Dodger offense needs to bounce back after a disappointing night last night. Ta oskar her and as you and Tim mentioned, had both hits in the game last night. I would imagine tonight the Dodger offense is going to wake up.
Speaker 3: Well, it needs to wake up. And the starting pitching has also been problematic. I mean, you look at since the eighth of May, the Dodgers starting pitching has the third highest earned run average in baseball at almost five. It's the Rockies are close to six and a half, and then the A's at six and a quarter, and then the Dodgers at four point nine to three. So that needs to change the offense. Yeah, they had trouble last night. Only two advance in the entire game for the Dodgers with runners in scoring position, and for the Giants they were only won for eight if you hit a grand slam, as they did in last night's game. Day being, the Giants have a pretty good leg up as far as what happens on the scoreboard.
Speaker 1: That third inning seemed to be a perfect storm for the Giants. Adam Beck, the home played umpire a little inconsistent, Y'a Momoto and Dave Roberts both frustrated, and then the guys on Sports Nedel kind of intimated they believed that Yamamoto may have been tipping his pitches in that inn.
Speaker 3: Well, he may have been. But an update on Adam back, and again we're not trying to pick on umpires, but we talk about hitters that have maybe not been doing anything, or the low batting average or not knocking in runs for the last month or the last three weeks or whatever it may be. Well, Adam Beck worked the plate last night, call strikes a ninety three percentime cold balls ninety one percent, and it showed that he missed thirteen strikes that were cold balls. So we say, well, he missed that strike three call. How about the other pitches too, were they were cold balls but they were actually strikes.
Speaker 1: How much do you believe Yamamoto was frustrated by that strike zone and how much did it play into.
Speaker 3: You think he was frustrated by the lack of command that he had, and he wanted the plate to expand more than seventeen inches wide. He missed here, he missed there, and then he threw a couple of pitches right down the middle, including the grains. I think overall, there was frustration from the get go, because normally he's very precise with his command last night not nearly as effective as what we normally see.
Speaker 1: Rick, we had a chance to catch up with Freddie Freeman earlier and he explained the quad issue is still bothering him. Do you see it affecting him out?
Speaker 3: I was going to ask you when you said, well we talked to Freddie Freeman. Is that how forthcoming he was he? Because I have a sense that he has really banged up much more than what he lets on. And the reason I believe that is he's been very guarded in the last couple of years that he's been injured, even more than he has ever let anybody know, at least on the outside. The guys understand full well. They're in uniform with him, that he posts every day that he can possibly get on that field.
Speaker 1: He's stationed to station Freddie right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, well he needed to get him on station to station because so far it's been kind of a week month of June, the last twelve games inning just two seventeen.
Speaker 1: All right, some June gloom for Freddie and show Heyo, Tani.
Speaker 3: Bloom's going to go away, David.
Speaker 1: I agree, tonight, that's right, the gloom is going away.
Speaker 3: Longest win streak of the season starts tonight.
Speaker 1: I love it against the Giants. That's a true Dodger talking right there with the Orange and Black in town. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV Thank you. Moe still to come here. On Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Rick'll be back with Tim never. I'll pitch you those keys to the game before first bitch. But up next we go high and tight yes with Blake Snell. It's Saturday. That means it's snell Zilla time. Dodgers Giants, first bitch of seven to ten. I'm Tim Katson's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers saying Giants squaring off. Clayton Kershaw landing roof the pitching matchup, Game two of this three game weekend, said first pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Zen she handcrafted sushi. Enjoy the game with a quick, affordable meal. Nothing better than Zench Sushi. You can pick it up at the Rouse nearby. It's right next to the deli counter, the Zench counter. They got the tuna rolls, the California rolls, Spicy tuna rolls, salmon rolls, Tempura shrimp rolls. Those are Collins favorites. My personal favorite, the mango crunchy dragon roll. Yeah, they got the platters of poke bulls. They got it all. It's made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion and a tradition. You can taste Zench Sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 4: David, and now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 4: This is high and tight.
Speaker 1: It's nel Zilla Saturday, and he has worked up a lather already. I was told by one of my fast Save moles that when they pulled into the parking lot there was a guy in a hoodie, a Dodger hoodie, sweating, you know what, running the parking lot, getting ready for the big comeback. And that's our guy. Blake'snow, can you confirm or deny that it was you and not my other favorite Blake, Blake trying I.
Speaker 5: Could have been you know, two people running? Who knows?
Speaker 1: Are you not going to let us know that if we pull into the Dodger Stadium parking lot and we see a tall, skinny guy from Seattle running in a hoodie, it's not you.
Speaker 5: Could be COMFORDO. You know, it could be anybody.
Speaker 1: Hey, it feels like we talked about this a couple of saturdays ago. You can feel things are starting to get closer for your return. Is everything that you're doing kind of telling us that story?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, I mean I was trying to feel good Bullpena's good yesterday and it's all yeah, it's all getting better. I'm just excited to play and pitch and you know, do what I love. So oh no, man fired up?
Speaker 1: How many laps around the stadium parking lot today?
Speaker 5: Just one? And then a bunch of Yeah, not a bunch of stadium stairs.
Speaker 1: That's the snail Zilla. I know that's getting ready to make a start.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, I mean I really want to so, you know, hopefully get it going, and yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: All right, Tomorrow's Father's Day. Blake is a brand new daddy got another one coming on the way. What's Father's Day like for you?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: I know you're close to your pops. He's a big influence on your life in the last few years.
Speaker 5: What's it like, I mean, yeah, for me to be a dad, I mean, it's the biggest blessing. I'm so lucky to be a dad. So seeing him every day, Yeah, this makes me happy. You know, you get get nervous about everything with him. I just want to make sure, like everything is the best for him. But yeah, I'm beyond spoiled with him. I mean, he's happy. He's just the best. Like Yeah, I mean I'm so pumped about it. So I don't know what it'll mean until I experience it. But no, it's, yeah, the biggest blessing I have outside of my wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that's what you care about. Being a dad is so important to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the best, It's it's everything. It's you know, I get to see if I can be a good dad and make him a better man than me, and that's the goal, no doubt.
Speaker 1: I think you're doing a pretty good job so far.
Speaker 5: Time will tell.
Speaker 1: I have a great trust in you, because that's the person that you are now today is not only snow Zilla Saturday, It's Kershaw Day. Clayton Kershaw just seventeen strikeouts away from three thousand. Do you know that there's only three pitchers in baseball history that have three thousand strikeouts?
Speaker 5: And he's going for it. He's gonna get it.
Speaker 1: Hey, I know you were excited to be teammates with him. I know you're not pitching simultaneous simultaneously just yet. But what's it like to have lockers close to him? Does he push you to be better?
Speaker 5: I mean we talk a little bit. I think once we're like in the fight together, you know, once we're both pitching, I think that's when the conversations will will really start to happen, right, talk, We hang out like we're aware of each other and and and that's you know, it's so cool. But I think once once we're competing together, I think that's when you know, we'll really start talking more. Hey, what do you feel? What you what are you experiencing? And and wherever the conversations go. But I'm really looking forward to him.
Speaker 1: On a night like tonight, Kershaw against the Giants at Dodger Stadium. How much are you really locking in on what he's doing and how he's doing it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I just want to see why he's so good. I mean, he's getting older, he's had so many just I mean two e r A, one e r A seasons. It's unbelievable. It's career era is crazy. I want to find a way to, you know, see see what the magic is, how he does it. And being able to watch him. That Cardinal start was really good. I feel like he's just you know, getting better and better. And no, I mean I'm lucky I get to watch him, I get to watch Yama and the other guys are are are coming around as well.
Speaker 1: So I'm very you say that you're trying to learn something from him. Kershaw has said this for the last five or six years. He has change up envy. You have one of the best change ups in baseball. Has he asked you or in a roundabout way about your change up?
Speaker 5: No, I mean he does a splitter. I throw like a UFO change up.
Speaker 1: So what's a UFO change up?
Speaker 5: That's a different grid. Yeah, but they're just yeah, they're just different. But his is this is pretty good, you know, watching it's getting better and hopefully that gives him. You know that that pitch can I think add years his career. I hope if he if that's something he wants to do, But yeah, I know that. I would love to be able to watch him pitch for another four years if he's up for it.
Speaker 1: I would love that too, So would La to have snail Zilla and Clayton Kershaw in the same rotation for four more years before I let you go. You're kind of a fashionista and at Nordstrom now you could buy the snail Zilla hoodies and the snail Zilla Santo line. Did you have any input on the creation of that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, Me and Bear talked about it a ton. We've been It's been cool.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: It's like me and Bear, who was owner of Santa, We've been talking for a long time about this. So for him to actually get it going and for me to have like my own line is kind of crazy to me. But it's cool, how authentic and real and like I actually care about it and it's such a just such a fun and cool thing to be a part of.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'd love to see all those snell Zilla hoodies in the stadium when you make your return.
Speaker 5: Hey, the hoodies. Yeah, the fires La fire so yeah, people want to support that would be amazing. I think I think the quality of it is his top level. I mean I wear it around the house and yeah, it's it's definitely worth it.
Speaker 1: By the way, Monday, speaking of Blake Snell Apparel and merchandise, Bobblehead Night for Blake Snell. You still I'm not sure if you text me and I missed it or it didn't come through. I still haven't got the text about me the first pitcher throwing out the first pitch.
Speaker 5: Hey, that's not Alex and wanna been telling me that you need to throw it out. But we'll wait for another day.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Right now we got snalls Saturdays. I think that's a lot with you right now. So we're gonna work on you know. The friendship takes time.
Speaker 1: Wow, I really am in the friend zone with not only with so many others. Thanks a lot for the time. Can't wait to see you back. And like I said, if you need me Monday, or if you need me to stand in for your live VP which should be coming up soon, I'm available.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, maybe live VP gets you in the box. You don't want that you don't want this smoke, I'll laugh before I thought of all.
Speaker 1: I'll take that UFO change up to Mars.
Speaker 5: Probably not, it sounds good now, gonna have them.
Speaker 1: I'm better at trash talking than I am doing things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I can tell. That's why I got the best of you. Let me tell you. One person taking a change up to Mars is Ozuna. Okay, go look that I know.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: Don't worry.
Speaker 1: You wont have to see the Braves again this year.
Speaker 5: I'm not against it, all right, Snell You learning getting better? I love it.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to see snell Zilla back on the mountain Monday, Bobblehead Night. And don't forget about Santos Studio in Nordstrum. Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: And snell Zilla he's just raking it in. Hey, there's his buddy Kim. Hey, snell Zilla, receive a gift card to Javier's Fine Mexican Food, new location in downtown. We'll send it back to you in the studio too.
Speaker 2: Rich get richer, Thanks a lot, DV snell Zilla. Saturday's always a treat as you get the latest on Blake Snell. How he's feeling how he's progressing and sounds like maybe right after the All Star break, we're gonna see snell Zilla back on the mountain in Dodger Blue for the second half of the season. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day, it's Shaky's dot Com. You have to first pitch Dodgers and j Night. It's up next. I'm gonna break down this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere and Tim Casey's World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers all your network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Giants. Game two of this three games set first pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 4: And now before the Dodgers hit the din neck, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your seven California Toyota Dealers work hard and play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bull So you're Toyota dealer today. They make it easy, landing Roupe on the mount. Twenty six year old right hander making his fourteen start this season four and four three twenty nine er Ray. He has thrown the most curveballs in the Major League this year. In fact, his curveball been very effective. Opponent's hitting just one fifty seven against him with thirty eight strikeouts two and one the one twenty seven ear Ray and his last five starts last time out, six innings, three runs, five hits, two strikeouts. You're going to win over the Braves. His first career start against the Dodgers. He pitched twice the bullpen last year. Clayton Kershaw, Yes, the future Hall of Famer one to oh four to thirty five RORA. What you need to know about them? Seventeen strikeouts away for becoming the twentieth pitcher in Major League Baseball to reach three thousand strikeouts. Dodgers Giants. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch keys of the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the flue all season Lows.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Giants Clayton Kershaw landing route the pitching matchup. Dodgers have been really good at home twenty three to twelve overall this season, with the best home records in the National League, and the boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right game plan to protect their house. Same applies to you. It's fireworks season, so make sure you're practicing fireworks safety. You safe in sane fireworks that display the California State Fire Marshall steal. Always read the directions and ensure fireworks are only lip by adults. Never ever used fireworks near dry grass or other flammable materials. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot CAA dot go all right back out to the booth. Tim Nevertrick Monday, guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks very much.
Speaker 5: Tim.
Speaker 7: Accounting it down to the first pitch at Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and the Giants, both teams tied for first place in the National League Western Division. Clayton Kershaw one and oher and a four to three five Era comes off a very good outing against Saint Louis where he struck out seven, didn't walk anybody, and he is now just seventeen strikeouts away from the big milestone of three thousand.
Speaker 3: Six start for Kershaw this year. And I think that one of the things. We look at a couple of things, really, Dave Roberts addressed one of them, get to that in a moment. I look at the first inning, because so far in the first inning of the first five starts, it's a three eighty one banning average against. And I think the reason is it's taken him a couple of innings in order to dial in one the slider, two the curve ball. And Dave Roberts, getting back to my point saying earlier, says, look, he's going to need the slider tonight, and in my estimation, he needs it early in the ballgame tonight.
Speaker 7: Dave Roberts saying he expects a lot of balls in play early, so the slider would go against the fastball. He's doing a lot of fastballs, but hasn't gotten a ton of swings and misses on those this year. Now, landon Roupe two and one over his last five starts and an ERA of just won twenty seven. He comes off a win over the Atlanta Braves in which he went six innings allowing just three runs. So Rupe and Kershaw the matchup tonight. Dodgers looking to get back in the wind. Call him Tim all.
Speaker 2: Right, first bitches next, enjoy it. Dodgers Giants has been Roco Casino Dodgers on deck. Oh the world Champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network