Speaker 1: Happy hump Day, ladies and gentlemen. Wednesday is upon us. It is Kentucky at his morning news here on news Radio eight forty whas Coffee and Company Nick Coffee. That's me, the company MANA John All on the alongside. And the mystery as far as what really happened at the Exposition Center, I don't know if it's going to go down as one of those mysteries that people here in Louisville talk about for a long time. But it is not a stretch at all to say that if you were there, it probably will stick with you forever. I just everybody's different. But that's the kind of thing that, despite everything being okay and we still not knowing exactly what led to it turning into what it turned into there with just mass chaos, I'd be highly shocked if there's anybody that throughout their life won't remember that, even if it's thirty years from now, just because I would imagine for most people it was hopefully the first time they were in a situation where they were they were fearful that there was an active aggressor maybe somebody with a gun. But yes, the story about a ceiling tile falling and hitting a chair. That is not accurate, as Mayor Greenberg said, but also apparently there was a situation long ago where that did happen, but somehow there was some confusion and that misinformation spread and that's really not surprising to stay and age. But I'll always wonder what I mean, because it may just be, well, hey, there was the fire alarm going off because of the smoke duct. I think that's what it was. That's what initially led to the alarm, and that could have just led one person assuming the worst and maybe reacting vocally that that was what was going on, and then everybody just assumed it. And my biggest takeaway at this point as far as what we know, is that it's just a sign that people now know that that's not a crazy thing that you would just assume is not happening because of how often that those things, unfortunately have happened. So yeah, just again, the good news is that everybody's okay. There was never really any real threat. Nobody showed up with a gun, none of that happened, but it's certainly led to a real scare for a lot of people, and I'm hopeful that it doesn't impact the run for the Roses basketball tournament moving forward, If people do you know, I was gonna say, do their homework, it's not even doing homework. If people just pay attention to the story and see it for what it is, they should not look at Louisville as a city that should shouldn't be hosting this. In fact, I mean again, it's not an ideal situation anyway around. But I think it was great to see law enforcement first responders show up the way they did, and it's nice to know that they were there and ready. But fortunately they didn't need to be ready for anything because it wasn't wasn't a real threat. All right. Sometimes when I see news that that I know is worth sharing with you guys on this show that is Kentucky and it's morning news, it's it's not I mean, it's news, but it's not meaning. It's not surprising. So when I tell you guys that right now there's an update from this study that says most Americans are stressing out over money, I'm not breaking news for you. Guys probably knew that I'm probably talking to you, and everybody's financial situation is different, and you can stress over money and it doesn't mean that you're not going to be able to make your mortgage payment. But it's clear that things cost a lot of money right now, and the amount of money that you're making has probably not gone up a whole lot. I mean, that's I mean, I'm sure again others are not in that situation where maybe they have had a financially life changing kind of situation. But not a surprise in any way that most Americans say they are anxious about money. The new survey here from Northwestern Mutual found that nearly seventy percent of people asked we're feeling anxiety and depression of our financial uncertainty. That's an eight percent increase from twenty twenty three. As for money making, let's see. As for money making, people feel sick. Foreign ten Americans say that financial worries have made them feel physically ill. I mean, I can't say that it's ever made me physically ill, but money worries and financial stress has always been a real thing and always will be. But I think what's happening now is that everything is costing. Everything costs more money, right I mean, inflation is a real thing. It even went up in June, and yet you're not getting raises at work. A lot of people aren't. I'm sure there are some that are. But here's what really is scary to me is I know people who have have said, look, I'm sorry, I can't keep doing this for what you're paying me for. You know, you clearly know that I'm now maybe struggling because you haven't bumped my salary in any way, and it's quite clear that everything, the cost of living has gone up, and you clearly don't value my worth. So I'm going to leave. And leaving for a new job without or leaving your current job without a new job is a real risk, and it has always been, but right now, I mean, I know people that have left the job in an industry that is one that you know you wouldn't have a tough time typically finding employment, but they're having a tough time finding employment, especially one that is comparable to what they were making before, and certainly finding a job that'll pay you more than what you're making elsewhere. It's possible, but I just I think I think employers out here are challenging you. Yeah, you know, we're not going to pay you any more money, and if you want to leave, you can, and then you're learning the hard way that that's just kind of where we are right now with the economy. And I know everybody's job and financial situation is different, but I hope that changes at some point, because it's quite clear the rise in cost has been here for a while and it's not slowing down, and the amount of money people are making from their employer, at least a lot of them, it doesn't seem to be to be rising at the same level, which again is a real concern. Hopefully there's some relief along the way. All right, let's get an update on traffic and weather. Bobby Ellis will get a squared away as far as how the roadways are looking here on a wet Wednesday, we'll get the latest forecast from Matt Melosovich, and keep this thing rolling along. It is Kentucky. It is Morning News with Coffee and Company right here on News Radio eight forty Whas. I always say that I'm not one for conspiracies, but maybe I am. Maybe I'm developing into somebody that will see things and just assume there's some some conspiracy associated with it. Because clearly the fallout between Donald Trump and Elon Musk that's been well documented in recent months and wild when you consider how they were. They were pretty pretty good, buddy, seemingly certainly during the election and the lead up to the election, and now not so much so. When I open up the platform that is X that is owned by Elon Musk, maybe maybe he's he's working something within that algorithm formula within his platform that that has nothing but tweets. I guess X posts is what we call them now. It's just it's just people complaining about Trump and how he's handling the Epstein files. And it's not just your everyday average joes. It's people that clearly identify as big time Republicans that probably label themselves in the MAGA world. And all my feed has been for the last I don't know, roughly twenty four hours. Every time I check, it's just nothing but a wave of posts from people questioning Trump as far as just his inability to read the room here not understand that he's just wrong when he says that nobody cares, and he continues to say that, but there has been a slight shift as far as he's no longer saying I mean, I guess he's still saying it to an extent, but now it's more so that people shouldn't care. And this is what he had to say yesterday. And I'm sure there's some that say, well, yeah, he's right, and everybody's making a big deal about nothing. But there's many, including those that I think used to probably believe they'd never find themselves as bothered by Trump as they are right now with this situation. But this was from yesterday, yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 2: President, I know you've urged people to move on, but I'm.
Speaker 3: Curious, why do you think your supporters in particular have been so interested in the Epstein story and so upset about how it's been handled.
Speaker 4: Why do you think that is why they would be so interested. He's dead for a long time. He was never a big factor in terms of life. I don't understand what the interest or what the fascination is. I really don't have the credible information has been given. Don't forget we went through years of the Bolo Wood hunt and all of the different things to steal dossier which is all fake. All that information would take. But I don't understand why the Jeff we FC case would be of interest to anybody. It's pretty boring stuff. It's shorted, but it's boring, and I don't understand why it keeps going. I think, well, really, only pretty bad people, including pay us, want to keep something different like that, but incredible information. Let them give it anything it's credible, I would say, let them have it.
Speaker 1: So bad people, those who like fake news, those are the people who want who want transparency. In regards to the Epstein files, I mean, what where do we start? Can't read the room clearly just wrong? And are you serious with that comment there at the end. By the way, a Rismussen report, the survey here shows that the majority of voters remain skeptical about the FBI and the DOJ's investigation in to Epstein. And yeah, fifty six percent of voters reject the findings of the Epstein investigation. Only forty four accept them. And I think that nowher's going to continue to grow because at every turn they're giving they're giving folks more fuel to just look at this situation and say you're withholding something, this is a cover up for someone, and really it's inconsistent. I mean, you had jd Vance going on with THEO. Vaughn not that long ago, and laughing about it as if he can't wait to release the files and then now, yeah, nothing to see here. It just it doesn't make a lot of sense. We'll talk to Rory and a little more about it coming up around eight thirty. But let's get a check of the traffic out there with Bobby Ellis, We'll get Mamlosa Bitch's forecast, and then sports with Scott Fitzgerald. Right here, it's Kentucky and his Morning News with Coffee and Company on news RADIOA forty whas. Well done. I wasn't expecting this one from John Alden, but well done. It is Kentucky and this Morning News. You're a news radio way forty whas Nick Coffee, Tony, Ben Eddie alongside before we hand it off to Tony and Dwight. This song is great. It is what what era are we talking here?
Speaker 2: Eighty three, eighty two something like that. I was in high school.
Speaker 1: Good stuff. Yeah, Adie Davis, I I envy you experiencing that era that I did not experience.
Speaker 2: Listening to this on the way to a mixer.
Speaker 1: Good stuff. I mean again, you can't call it nostalgia because I didn't actually experience it. But there there's an actual there's an actual word for it that that I wouldn't remember even if you said it that you you feel like it's nostalgia, but you also know that it can't be because you didn't actually experience it. It's like a time that you, I guess so much wish you could have experienced. That's me in the eight for the eighties. I mean I was born in eighty eight, but I have a memory of that of that era.
Speaker 3: Yeah, best era, right, Yeah, Jens is the first generation just won't let it go. We think the nineties were five years ago, and all you got to do is go to Facebook and look at the pictures of the moms with the two kids, and the two kids are like standing there with their arms on their side and like gym shorts and moms in a short skirt shooting the peace.
Speaker 2: Sign, going what's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I who's the children? As the parent?
Speaker 1: That's one thing that really hits me as far as my age is when I realized how long ago the nineties was. Because when I see this is every time, it never, it never doesn't just stop me in my tracks momentarily when I see the date, how old you have to beat a baboose and to know that that it's it's too you know, we'll take thousand and four.
Speaker 3: White and Eye are the same age as the girls on The Golden Girls.
Speaker 1: Meaning when that show is on. Yes, don't tell me that.
Speaker 2: Yes, don't tell me you are you are? No, you're older than I am.
Speaker 1: No, I'm like the younger neighbor.
Speaker 2: Who are you mistaken for all the time, Sammy Hagar? How old is Sammy Hagar? No, he's mistaken from seventy six?
Speaker 1: So young and handsome son.
Speaker 2: Prosecution, rest your honor.
Speaker 1: That's what he's. That's what That's what I always hear. People around town have been saying, he listen, Hagar's son, So listen.
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 2: Whatever gets me to retirement closer.
Speaker 1: Let me be old, Yeah, to be able to retire with the way the economy.
Speaker 5: Is, yeah, you kid, I need a shock, tequila, coffee and water.
Speaker 2: What a person to be around in his retirement.
Speaker 5: And my wife of course, I don't need much out.
Speaker 1: I just worry about what everything looks like when I get to retirement age. I'm I'm I'm far away, you guys. I mean, this conversation is turned into me realizing I need to cherish my time with you. You guys have what you're talking about, Dwight looking like somebody in his seventies.
Speaker 2: You really should because something.
Speaker 1: The Golden Girls think totally trip totally.
Speaker 2: Totally ages the girls. Yeah, Mick, you really hit on something.
Speaker 5: You should cherish your time because Tony and I won't always be here to ask you to get coffee for it.
Speaker 1: That's right, and I'll and I'll share all things for it. We'll cherish those coffee runs and and other things along the way. All right, So the the Emmys, I'm now looking at the the full list of the candidates here, the nominees and most of.
Speaker 5: These shows, I may step out of the room because this is one of the biggest events for me, the Emmys and the Oscars and anytime millionaires can pat each other on the back. Okay, I don't want you to run it, so I'm gonna go to the studio.
Speaker 2: That's what happened.
Speaker 1: Well, I was going to say that.
Speaker 5: Thank you know what, I'm sure this will be exciting radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna mention, how when did it get to all of the shows being streaming platform shows?
Speaker 3: Well, don't they double dip. They're up for Oscars and they're up for Emmys. Yeah, Emmys is television.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking here. It says the Emmy nominations for twenty twenty five and it's the fullest. This is from today dot Com and it's his best lead actor in an anthology series or movies. So I guess maybe you can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, streaming counts then yeah, but you look at it again.
Speaker 1: When I think of new shows to watch, even if it's on a network like FX. They've got a show called The Bear that's really populard. I couldn't I couldn't get into it.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I think it's on but it's FX.
Speaker 1: But Hulu and FX it's from the same parent company. So I mean the days of watching a TV show on Thursday night every week, Yes, I mean, you know it now sounds ancient to know that you can DVR it and still watch it at a different time, But I guess we're not that far removed to where if you if you wanted to watch something, it was appointment, you had to make the appointment you or maybe you could get your VCR out and recorded that.
Speaker 3: We think about the Thursday night lineup with Seinfeld Friends Er, it was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Tgif for me it was Family Matters, step by Step, Boy Meets World, that was And again, if I wasn't in front of my TV in the basement when I was nine years old, I wasn't gonna see it.
Speaker 2: No, uh no.
Speaker 3: So there's good and bad to both all of it. But you know, and now people always want to complain, right, So then you get the they.
Speaker 2: Only drop one a week, I want to binge watch it.
Speaker 1: And that did hit me really hard the first time because I didn't realize that was a thing, and I just felt like, wait a second, I need the payoff. I think the first show I watched was on Amazon or Apple TV where they did that. They gave you four episodes and then it was weak. I looked, well, now there's endless shows, endless content. You can let them complete the series and then binge them. There are shows that I know I wouldn't have Not only would I not have stuck around if it was a week by week thing, I don't think I would have enjoyed it the same. I couldn't binge it.
Speaker 3: And then you bail on some early you watch episode of two and you go, I can't do this.
Speaker 1: And you know you're fine with moving on because there's something else from Did you watch Severans on Apple TV?
Speaker 3: I watched two episodes and then we went on to something else. I can't remember.
Speaker 1: I love season one. Season two was good. It's one of the more popular shows as far as the nominees. That White Lotus, The Studio White Lotus another one that like it was fine. But if I can't get into a show at the same level other people are into it, I kind of just move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And sometimes when they were really difficult and weird, like Severance, where you need a book on the side to keep up.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll just admit it. There's a certain show I'm not smart enough for chip up with. I'm just not. I'm not. I'll admit it. All right, we're out of here. Tony and Dweight are coming your way right here, right now on news Radio Weight forty whs