Speaker 1: Hear about it.
Speaker 2: Understand the ignorant chick on the campuses talk about it. They're just getting away with all this rather than knowing fact. Fifty five KRC at six at fifty five r C DE talk station Happy Thursday Extra Special. Happy Thursday didn't get him yesterday in advanced to Judge Jennitapolitano, but we get him today. Congressman Massey, welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. It's always a pleasure to have you on my program.
Speaker 1: Great to be back on Brian.
Speaker 2: How you feeling post election, Congressman.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so great up here. The Liberals are just deflated. Yesterday I walked out of our conference where we're voting for Speaker and Majority Leader and whip and everything down to executive Vice Deputy prom queen.
Speaker 1: I call it. It's like prom court for the GOP.
Speaker 3: Anyways, I walked out of that meeting and I was the only Republican who wasn't in the meeting. So I got swarmed by the media and I'm trying to go up the escalator and escape them, and they keep pelting me with what about Matt Gates?
Speaker 1: What about that? Can he be confirmed?
Speaker 3: And I I just kind of turned around and smiled and I said, hey, you can do recess appointments.
Speaker 1: And they were like, but what, And I looked at him, I said, suck it up. He's your ag.
Speaker 3: And they caught it on video. So now I'm in a little bit of trouble telling reporters to suck it up. But if you could have seen the looks on their faces when I said recess appointments, and they went from shock to terror when I said suck it up.
Speaker 2: So you're okay with with Gates? And iad some listeners bad ideas. Some listeners say it's a great idea. You can't please all the people all the time, that's one thing, I know. And you don't throw out the good for the sake of trying to find the perfect because that person doesn't exist. But overall you're comfortable with it.
Speaker 3: Oh well, listen, I've got disagreements with Matt Gates. He should have never pulled the trigger on Kevin McCarthy because he ended up with Mike Johnson, who was not doing the job that Kevin did. And so you know, but Matt and I we talk, we're friends. We've had that discussion, but we also serve together on the Judiciary Committee, and we get Merrick Garland, who comes in there, and may Orcus comes in there, and the ATF director comes in there, FBI Director Christopher Ray, and they all give us these Well, sir, that's the subject of an ongoing investigation, and it's our long standing policy. Not the comment. But Matt just he's been tearing them up for years. He and I have been passing the ball back and forth.
Speaker 1: If I get.
Speaker 3: Five minutes and I only need three of it, I give two to Matt. And I told Matt I can't wait till he comes to Judiciary as the age and I get to pelt him with questions.
Speaker 2: Ah, well, I'm glad you know you Obviously you sound uplifted, bubbly. Obviously you're enjoying the schadenfreud of the Democrats are allowing you, So I am as well. I'll have to admit.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The other day I saw was posted somewhere on the Internet, some place out there, Secretary of Agriculture Thomas Massey, and I echoed that on my Facebook page, and some people said, no, no, no, no no. If he was Secretary of Agriculture, then we'd lose him. In Congress. We can't afford to lose anybody, so not as sure how a replacement will be put in for you if that were to happen. But I thought to myself this morning, even said it on the program. Well, Thomas Massey's the kind of guy that if he was Secretary of Agriculture, he would do everything in his power to whittle away the Agriculture Department of virtually nothing and maybe even eliminated so he would be out a job. He's the kind of person that would do that. What's your reaction to the concept of being agricultural secretary and what would you do if you were in that role, either really or under a hypothetical scenario.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, my approach would not be to do what you just said. I think there's some important things that the USDA does, and you know, we've got big ag and then we've got small farmers. We've got the corporate you know, industrial meat complex where you've got four meat processors touching eighty five percent of the meat in the United States, and then you get the small farmers trying to sell directly to consumers. My approach would not be to do anything that would hurt our agriculture industry, and I think there are things that we could do to strengthen our agriculture industry, and that includes big companies, but we need to create a parallel path for small farmers and for consumers because these these are part of the coalition that helped Trump get elected, particularly in Pennsylvania where you know you had Amos Miller being prosecuted for trying to sell raw milk and meat to directly. Well, the problem is we don't have that alternate path right now in the agriculture sector. And you know, the usda IS has been captive to the big corporations, and somebody needs be there to create this parallel path for healthy food that's not you know, grown the way everything else has grown.
Speaker 1: We need a way to get food that's.
Speaker 3: Not you know, ultra ultra processed, and that would be my approach to it. Create this off ramp, this parallel path for those folks and make sure that we are still the strongest agricultural producer in the world. We have, for instance, four times the arable land that China has. Our land mass is about the same North America, but we've got four times the arable land that they have. And one quarter of the population they have. So our race of arable land to people is sixteen times greater than China and we need to take advantage.
Speaker 1: Of that resource.
Speaker 3: Another thing, Brian, you know people are upset that are, and rightfully so, that our farm land is being sold to China, or that our farm land's getting covered with solar panels. By the way, I love solar panels, nothing against them, but it's stupid to cover up your farmland with solar panels. And the question is not how do you get the toothpaste back in the tube. Like there's some people say, well, we should pass laws to prevent China or corporations from buying up all this farm land. We should pass laws to keep the solar panels out of the fields. The reality is that's trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube. What we need is an economic model for farmers who own this land that's better than selling their land to China or for solar panels.
Speaker 1: They need to be profitable.
Speaker 3: Again, that's because having China buy our land or having solar panels go in it, that's a symptom of a problem.
Speaker 1: That's not the problem. The problem is there's not.
Speaker 3: A profitable model for small farming in the United States anymore.
Speaker 1: It's too hard to achieve.
Speaker 2: Well, it's also a symptom of one of the reasons farming has gotten more expensive, like global warming or temperature change or whatever, which reduces the amount of available fertilizer because they won't allow us to tap into our petrochemical the oil and the natural or gas and things that are necessary to make fertilizer. That's the reason they would make a field of solar panels. I mean, I am just beyond myself with relation to this religion, this pseudo religion, that is, we are exhaling our way to devastation. I don't buy it, and I view it as a mechanism to simply liberate money from the very wealthy countries of the world and offload that via the claims of climate alarmism to third world countries who haven't really, you know, passed the test of economic mustard.
Speaker 3: This is a scientific fact. People can argue about this, but they're just ignorant. If they do, you get more cropial per acre as the concentration of CO two, which is a very small trace gas.
Speaker 1: In the atmosphere, goes up.
Speaker 2: Plant food.
Speaker 3: It is plant food, it is plant fertilized. When everybody knows that plants take CO two and they make oxygen or transform it into oxygen, the question, and there's water involved there too. The question is what happened to the carbon? Right, you've got a carbon dioxide molecule. It doesn't just turn into an oxygen molecule. The carbon goes somewhere. Where does it go through? Yeah, it's it's the glucose that becomes other forms of sugar and carbohydrates. They're called carbohydrates for a reason. Right, there's water and carbon involved, and people forget that all of the carbon that you end up eating it came originated not in the ground, but from the air.
Speaker 2: It's I remember learning that when I was in I was like K through twelve.
Speaker 1: Or the eighth grade.
Speaker 3: I think is the last time they show you that chemical equation where water plus CO two becomes oxygen and glucose, and everybody just remembers that on one side is carbon dioxide and on the other is oxygen. They forget that there's water on the left side of that equation and glucose on the right side of the equation, and sunlight is what helps put the energy in to transform that.
Speaker 2: Well, of course, that's why we have you here on the Morning show to help back up my point. Would I make almost every day anymore on that subject matter Congress from Massey and hopefully this administration will open itself up to some more greater scientific reality.
Speaker 3: Well, so, by the way, I haven't been chosen. There's a rumor on the internet that I've been chosen. I've not been chosen. There are people advocating on the inside for me to have that position, But I have not been chosen by any stretch of the imagination. But you would consider it, oh, I would absolutely consider it.
Speaker 2: Embrace it. It sounds like there's so much.
Speaker 3: That's going on at the USDA for which there is no congressional mandate. There's no congressional authorization. And this if you go into any branch of the administration you will see this. They're promulgating rules and as you said, some of them are make it most stuff that make it harder for small farms to exist. But they're promulgating these rules whereas Congress never told.
Speaker 1: Them to do that. For instance, electronic ID for cattle.
Speaker 3: Congress never passed the law asking the USDA to require that all cattle and bison in the United States get an electronic tag in their ear.
Speaker 1: Yet the USDA is promulgating that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm just laughing at the idiot who came up with that idea and what the purpose of it is. Let's pause. We'll bring you back in comment further on that. We obviously got a lot more to talk about Congressman Thomas Massey on the fifty five Carty Morning Show. First though, twenty two to three, Firearm Store and Range got a Mantis demo day coming up this Saturday. Now, this demo takes place between ten am and two pm. You can check it out yourself. The Mantis Live or dry fire training system. This system helps you dramatically improve your accuracy with pistols, rifles, and even shotguns by giving you trackable data, congestions for improvement, and creative and challenging drills. It's a multifaceted system and it's a great idea. So it's a heck a great gift idea for the shooter in your world or for someone who's just starting out wants to be able to train at home again. You can do it live or dry fire, So stop by twenty two to three for a free Mantis demo day Saturday between ten am and two pm. You can find them online at twenty two three the number twenty two five by the word three spelled up. Please tell him, Brian said, high when you stop in greatest gun shop and firing range indoor firing range around twenty two to three on Route forty two between Mason and Lebanon.
Speaker 3: Fifty five krc is the cost of health insurance making you sick real quick.
Speaker 2: Before we leave the topic of agriculture, and yes, you would take the role as agriculture secretary if it's offered to you. So let's get him in that role. One thing I want to know, and again it springs from this climate religion. Can we stop burning and are gasoline tanks? Congressomassy.
Speaker 3: It definitely raises the price of food in the supermarket, but the farmers like it because it also raises the price of cornet. They get I'm sure there's something we could do that would make more sense.
Speaker 2: You're like not doing that well.
Speaker 1: And you know, here's what I would like to do.
Speaker 3: Like to talk to Elon and vivek Over at their department of government efficiency that's been set up by the way I've been I've been talking to Viveik. In fact, the other day I said, I tweeted this. Look, Congress takes over on January third, and you'll have a new majority in the Senate on January third, for instance. But the president's not sworn in until January twentieth. We've got seventeen days. We should put at least a dozen bills on Trump's desk that are ready to sign when he sits down. Oh yeah, I know, he's got a list of things to do by executive order and executive orders to resind. But to make this stuff stick, you need legislation. Yes, so and so, Viveik asked me, well, what's some of those bills, And I said, well, the first one I would put on his desk is one that's passed the House multiple times. It's been debated, it's been amended, it's been perfected, the Rains Act.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, right.
Speaker 3: If anything's got more than one hundred million dollars of economic impact, and it's a rule that's being promulgated by an administrative branch, say, for instance, the USDA, then it needs to come back to Congress for a vote.
Speaker 1: That's just common sense.
Speaker 3: And we've already amended and debated and written that bill. That thing is now we'd have to pass it again between January third and January twentieth and send it to the Senate and they would have to pass it. But why couldn't we get that passed and get it on President Trump's desk and then we're ready to go on day one and make it law. It's something that would then be in law, and it would be forever until, for instance, the Democrats got control of the both chambers and the Presidency in order to reverse it.
Speaker 1: If they could try, if.
Speaker 2: They could try, if they dare to do that politically it maybe they're undoing. Now back to the Department of Government Efficiency, which I love the idea. How you could put elon Musk and Viva Grammar swimming in a room and just stick the word doge on the wall and that would be a department. They don't have to be funded. Judseh Polyotonic got a little bent out of shape yesterday over the idea of having a new department that isn't authorized by the Constitution. I said, well, you don't need to make an apartment. You just have two guys with a pair of scissors just starting to cut the fat out of it. But it's an unlimited amount of fact they can cut out. Do you think it will be effective? Do you think they can actually get something accomplished by what way of pairing down the size and scope of government?
Speaker 3: Well, but eventually that has to be enacted either through an Act of Congress or through an executive act, because the Office of Government Efficiency won't be an official office, per you, like these other offices, and so somebody will have to implement it.
Speaker 1: So it's going to be a list of recommendations. By the way, back on the.
Speaker 3: Ethanol thing, there's a certain amount of ethanol that makes sense because you can change the octane rating of gasoline. But the problem with where we are right now in ethanol policy is when you push it to be over a certain amount, it becomes economically inefficient.
Speaker 1: So that's something to.
Speaker 2: Look at, but it's unnecessary. If you ignore this religion, then it wouldn't have happened in the first place. My problem is the genesis of the idea of burning food in the gas tank comes from the whole concept of global warming or something you know.
Speaker 3: What I found interesting is when gasoline got high, it is Biden's policy to allow more ethanol to be put in the gasoline in California where it causes a smog problem. Yeah, and he said, well, you know what, We'll let you have a little bit of smog from the increased ethanol if it will lower gasoline prices in California. So it's funny that cling to these things until it becomes apparent to the public what's.
Speaker 1: Causing the increase in price, and then they go the other direction. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess everyone's running around in advance of the elections screaming about this project twenty twenty five as if it was something that was part of the Republican Party strategy. No, it was recommendations from an entity and a group of people outside of government. They got the whole thing together. It's a think tank paper. Here's every wish list we've got going back to the Department of Government Efficiency. I don't know why would have to be funded or anything other than a couple of guys going through the books and writing down all the stuff that is fraud, waste and abuse and handing it over to you. Congressman Massey to just put it into legislation and start cutting I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Got to tell you, Congress came up with this thing inside of the Patent Office that invalidates patents. Now here's the funny thing. The Patent Office, in the same branch of government. They issue patents, and then they have this kangaroo court that invalidates patents after they've issued them, so that they're literally creating patents and destroying them in the same agency.
Speaker 1: It's a self licking ice cream cone.
Speaker 3: And the and the part of the Patent Office that destroys the patents, it's a it's a court room, but we already have courts to.
Speaker 1: Settle these matters.
Speaker 3: So they created another judicial branch inside of the patent office to kill patents. It's a It's one example of how government is basically, you know, making windows and then breaking the windows, and we need to find things like that and and eliminate them.
Speaker 2: Couldn't agree more. There's one right there. Just put it in a piece of legislation and eliminate it. It's done. It doesn't require a new department to do that. It requires someone with a pen and ability to creatively write legislation. Pursuing to the rules of legislative drafting. See law school for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got a lot of We've got a lot of good stuff.
Speaker 3: By the way, Briant, this pent up that we've passed the House, or it's passed our Judiciary committee, like giving a right of action for people to sue government agents that in front on their first Amendment. Like, that's another bill we should send right over to the Sinne.
Speaker 2: Oh, that would be great, no more standing arguments, you would have standing wonderful. Oh, I'm getting excited about the future here. Congressman Mascy, You're always welcome on the morning show to push these ideas forward, and you always get my listening audience to back you up on them. Appreciate what you're doing. Enjoy the sunshine and the shot and Freuda while it lasts, and get ready to hit the ground running because we need a lot getting done between now and the end of January.
Speaker 1: All right, brother, good talking to you.
Speaker 2: Always a plague.
Speaker 1: Get it done.
Speaker 2: I know you will come up at eight twenty eight fifty five K Steve Talk Station. It is Thursday, so we're gonna hear from my heart media aviation expert Jay Rattliffe. After I mentioned my friends at Fast and Pro Roofing, I had lunch with both Ray and Mandy yesterday. Wonderful lunch with the owners of Fast and Pro Roofing. Those people are absolutely salt of the earth, taking great care of you always, always, always, and I thank them for that because I've had so many satisfied listeners, so you know, they really do wonderful work, and they do price is always right. This customer service could not possibly be better. So many stories for my listeners about what Fast and Pro has done for folks getting them out of emergencies, making sure they're taking well care of before you know, like, for example, the roof replacement might have to be scheduled down the road a little bit, but they're not going to leave you when a jam with a leaky roof or something. But it all starts with a free roof inspection. Do you need a new roof? Don't know? I never knew. I held my apparently had hail damage for some time before someone finally discovered it and called up Fast and Pro Roofing, and sure enough, your roof is shot. So I got the fifty years shingle. I got a really good fifty years shingle too. It kind of looks like a slate roof, but you're gonna be automatically upgraded to the certainty landmark pro fifty years shingle. If you're going with a new shingle roof, maybe you might want to choose to go with metal. They do beautiful metal roofs. They also do stucco work and they do adobe work. Exterior projects. I don't emphasize those enough, but a lot of exterior projects like railings and of course gutters, gutter guards get your gutters cleaned out. They'll do that for you. You might want to consider having a man gutter guards while they're there, and of course that'll help avoid an ice dam situation in the winner which during the winter. They can help you out with that too. Free free roof inspection and honest, you're never going to get lied to. They will never lie to you. Ray Amanda are truly awesome people and a huge long standing crew that have worked for them for years and years. A plus with the Better Business Bureau online, It's fastened fast and fastenproroofing dot Com the number five one, three, seven seven four ninety four ninety five that's seven seven four, ninety four, ninety five fifty five KRC