Speaker 1: So the government has officially been shut down now for more than thirty four days as of today, thirty four days. But what's Trump up to this weekend? Well ask me, so, I'm going to tell you hosting an insane Great Gatsby themed Halloween party at mar A Lago as well as hosting a car show. Let me turn around and show you some of the photos. Here's the first photo breaking Trump blew three point four million dollars of taxpayer dollars on his trip to mar A Lago for his taxi Great Gatsby Halloween party, while seven hundred thousand Americans miss paychecks in his shutdown Trump parties, while families is suffering. Disgraceful and that's from Morgan Freeman. Let me show you another photo. Oh yeah, living it up, lopping it up with the billionaires. And the next photo why stop there, but wait, there's more here he is again up people get dressed up. How so, very very nice of them. And finally, Trump's hosting a car show at his golf club today as millions of American struggle under his economy. Let me tell you something. Every one of those vehicles, every one of them, minimum half million dollars plus and welcome back to the Michael Cone Show. On our continued journey to half a million subscribers. We had an incredible weekend. We're getting there, so hit subscribe, watch, comment, and share, because this lunacy, this stupidity, it's got to come to an end now. Last night, literally this is the craziest part. Between six fifty two pm that's Eastern Standard time, of course, and ten twenty one pm Eastern Standard time, she talked about just about three and a half hours, maybe close to the four Trump posted fifty three truth social posts fifty three complementing different GOP politicians. He also goes on in the posted about getting rid of the filibuster. Let me show you what he wrote. Terminate the filibuster not just for the shutdown, but for everything else. We will get all of our common sense policies approved voter ID anyone, and make America great again. Remember the Democrats will do it immediately, as soon as they get the chance. Are doing it. Will not give them the chance. Republicans be tough and smart. The Dems are crazed lunatics. They will not open up our country, no matter how many people are irreparably harmed. Let me be very clear, all right again, the vast majority, about seventy percent now in terms of the recent poll, understand, not believe, understand that Republicans are at fault that this government shut down. Now on Wednesday, there's going to be an oral argument in front of the Supreme Court of the United States about Trump's tariffs. Let me show you what he posted in anticipation. He writes, next week's case on tariffs is one of the most important in the history of our country. If a president is not allowed to use tariffs, we will be at a major disadvantage against all other countries throughout the world, especially the majors. In a true sense, we would be defenseless. Tariffs have brought us great wealth and national security. In the nine months that I have had the honor to serve as president. The stock market has hit all time highs many times during my short time in office, with virtually no inflation, and national security that is second to none. Our recent successful negotiation with China and many others put us in a strong position only because we had tariffs with which to negotiate fair and sustainable deals. If a president was not able to quickly and nimbly use the power of tariffs, we would be defenseless, leading perhaps even to the runation of our nation. The only people fighting us our foreign countries who for years have taken advantage of us, those who hate our country, and the Democrats, because our numbers are unsurmountably good. I will not be going to court on Wednesday in that I do not want to distract from the importance of this decision. It will be, in my opinion, one of the most important and consequential decisions ever made by the United States Supreme Court. If we win, we will be the richest most secure country anywhere in the world by far. If we lose, our country could be reduced to almost third world status. Pray to God that doesn't happen. Well, let me also be very very clear again, nothing in that text or that post has any semblance of reality. Our country has been and will continue to be great so long as we don't allow them, meaning Republicans, to destroy it. Now, another big thing that Trump did this weekend was go on sixty minutes. Yeah, sixty minutes, despite, of course, as you know, them, having to pay him fifteen million dollars and one million dollars in legal fees. Because of George Stephanopoulos, or at least that's his line. So he goes on sixty minutes with Nora O'Donnell. Now, I want to be clear again. This is the first time on the show after he sued them for the interview that was done between Kamala Harris and CBS. Ron Philipkowski posted this. Let me show you in it, he writes, So CBS settled Trump's lawsuit where he furvously sued because they edited Kamala Harris's interview so it would fit into their airtime. Then CBS does a seventy three minute interview of Trump where they made big edits from the version that was broadcast they aired. Get a load of this twenty eight of the seventy three minutes. Well, I don't know, maybe now we should all sue CBS. Now let me also go on and say this. I want to show you parts from the interview where Norah asked Trump about the ongoing government shutdown and his healthcare plans. Play that clip.
Speaker 2: We are now approaching the longest shutdown in American history, Democrats world, under your presidency. We're talking about more than a million federal workers who are not getting a paycheck, including our air traffic controllers. You see there's traffic snarls out at the airports now. This weekend, food aid for more than forty two million Americans is set to expire. What are you doing as president to end the shutdown.
Speaker 3: What we're doing is we keep voting. I mean, the Republicans are voting almost unanimously to end it, and the Democrats keep voting against ending it. You know, they've never had this. This has happened like eighteen times before. The Democrats always voted for an extension, always saying, give us an extension, we'll work it out. They've lost their way, they become crazed lunatics, and all they have to do, Nora is say let's vote.
Speaker 2: But so you're saying your plan is to tell the Democrats to vote to end the shutdown, correct, for example, and that you will put forward a healthcare plan.
Speaker 3: Oh, we will work on fixing the bad healthcare that we have right now. We have terrible health care at too expensive for the people, not for the government, for the people.
Speaker 2: You've been talking about fixing the healthcare.
Speaker 3: Future because of the Democrats.
Speaker 2: But since twenty fifteen, you've said you think.
Speaker 3: Talking about it for a long time. We almost did it. We were one vote short. We would have had great healthcare.
Speaker 1: Okay, once again, when you hold him to account, these are the type of interests that you get. I mean, this goes back to twenty fifteen, that's ten years ago. And guess where that policy is. Oh yeah, right nowhere. They also spoke about inflation and grocery prices. Play that clip.
Speaker 2: When the stock market is doing well. That doesn't affect everybody. Not everybody's invested stocks, but there have been grocery props four.
Speaker 3: Oh one case people are four oh one k's. The four oh one k's are double what they were a year ago.
Speaker 2: But for people that don't have four to oh one k's, we're not invested in the stock market. But they've seen their grocery prices go up inflation.
Speaker 3: Oh you're wrong. They went up under Biden. Right now they're going down. Other than beef, which you were working on, which you get selve very quickly.
Speaker 1: Okay, again, it's a lie. I mean, for God's sakes, if you're going to make up a story, make up a story about one that's not so easily disprovable simply by just hitting Google or more importantly, forget about Google. Don't you at least know it yourself? Do you not see that prices have gone through the roof. I went to the grocery store the other day. Literally, over the course of the last four months, the price has gone to at least twenty percent.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Norah also brought up Maga's desire for a Trump third term. Play the clip.
Speaker 2: There's been a lot of talk about twenty twenty eight and who will be at the top of the Republican ticket. Can you set the record straight you're not going to try and run for a third term?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't even think about it. I will tell you a lot of people want me to run. But the difference between us and the Democrats is we really do have a strong branch. I don't want to use names because it's inappropriate, but it's too early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So let me be clear about something too. The United States Constitution says that you can't now the fact that a lot of people are telling you. Sure, of course, your kids maybe maybe not Milania. Certainly you have jd Vance, Marco Rubio, Pam Bondi, Scott Bessant, of course, Howard Lutnick. They're all telling you sure, mister president, you should definitely run. You're the most loved president in the history of the world. Well, let me be also clear, not one of them is acknowledging the Constitution. Nora also asked Trump about Putin and the other wars that he has allegedly solved.
Speaker 2: Play that clip in August. I mean, you rolled out the red carpet for Vladimir Putin in Alaska, but there's been well, I roll.
Speaker 3: Out the red carpet for everybody, but.
Speaker 2: There's been no big fire.
Speaker 3: Yes, because because I inherited a country where he thinks he's winning. That was a war that would have never happened if I was president. So this war, but Norah, that was Joe Biden's war, not my war. I inherited that stupid wood. But I brought I mean, just a little list of look at this wars.
Speaker 2: President Trump wanted to make sure we saw the list of eight international conflicts he says he's been able to end since returning to office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and as you've heard me say on this program, before the India Pakistan one, he had nothing to do with it. The fact that it resolved or partially resolved. While he's how about Israel Kamasius. We have the beginnings of a cease fire, but what about what happened just the other day where Israel went ahead and they attacked Gaza again because they're waiting for the return of the bodies. How is that the end of a war unconditionally, the same way that he claims that he completely destroyed all of the nuclear silos over there in my God, it doesn't stop. It's like one lie after another after another. And I'm talking about those silos that he claims that he destroyed in Iran. Just not true. They also, of course spoke about deportations, something I talk about in my sub stack of today. Play the clip.
Speaker 2: Have some of these raids gone too far?
Speaker 3: No? I think they haven't gone far enough because we've been held back by the judges, by the liberal judges that were put in by Biden and by Obama.
Speaker 2: You're okay with those tactics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you have to get the people out, you know, you have to look at the people. Many of them are murderers. Many of them are people that were thrown out of their countries because they were you know, criminals.
Speaker 2: Well, you promised in your campaign that you were going to deport the worst of the worst, violent criminals, rapist. But a lot of the people that your administration has arrested and deported aren't violent criminals. Landscapers, nannies, construction workers, landscapers, arms. Now look, look the family if.
Speaker 3: You farmers more than anybody.
Speaker 1: Okay, is it.
Speaker 2: Your intent to deport people who do not have a criminal record.
Speaker 3: We have to start off with a policy, and the policy has to be you came into the country illegally, you're going to go out.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, that's not a policy, that's a dicta that's an executive statement, has nothing to do. Show me the policy. You know why you can't do that because there is none. And finally Trump then rambled about I mean, could you imagine this president of the United States rambling about not being a Nazi? Could you imagine anybody should have to then turn around and defend I'm not a Nazi, right and blaming of course the fake news on it. Play the clip a.
Speaker 3: Lot of the rhetoric. Look, they call me a Nazi all the time. I'm not a Nazi. I'm the opposite. I'm somebody that's saving our country. But they call me nazi. They have talking points. You know, they have just talking points, and the press is largely responsible for it. The fake news. What they've done, I think one of the greatest terms I've ever come up with is fake news. What they've done to our country is very bad. They have to change around.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Nobody believes the fake news. Nobody believes them. I mean they've gone You talk about popularity, you talk about approval. Their approval numbers have gone from like in the nineties to in the teens.
Speaker 1: Now yeah, well, okay, then maybe they're lower than your favorability, which is right now sitting at somewhere about thirty two percent. So my friends, like I say all the time, please subscribe, watch, comment share. It's the only way that we're going to get this stupidity, this nonsense, to come to an end. And as always, thanks for listening. Hey everyone, First of all, thanks for watching. I mean, we're going to be posting daily episodes with reactions and talking about politics. We'll be talking about everything in fact, so please like and subscribe join us on this journey.