Speaker 1: Ninety five miles an hour riding to his head.
Speaker 2: You hop it down.
Speaker 1: First with the lump bonius face, and on the very next pitch he up and stole second phase.
Speaker 3: With gretest be he wasn't born, he had they.
Speaker 4: Yes, Uniforn, Welcome to episode Johnny Quato forty seven, the Prospect B set of the podcast.
Speaker 2: Maybe your best pick yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, another notable forty seven's satral page, Tom Glavin. Mm hm, there was one more I was gonna say, but I don't remember it, but welcome back. It's it's been a minute now, It's nice to see you. I hope your holidays were.
Speaker 2: Great, yes, intb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's almost like the Cosmos didn't want us to record this final divisional installment here.
Speaker 2: We had to get the people waiting, you know, they the holidays, sickness, technical challenges, it all came for us. But you know what, we're here. We're here and we're going to power through the ale central bring us home.
Speaker 4: That's right. We are not using our usual recording equipment tonight because we couldn't get it to work right, but hopefully it all turns out. We've been going division by division, picking out our favorite hitters and pitchers that are that were rostered back in September, like zero to one percent, some guys that the rook and I like to perhaps gain some Dynasty utility in twenty twenty five. So the last division we started, what Matt did, we started at the end of October. Sounds right, we were saying off air here, and it's been a minute since I've watched a few of these guys, So draw the memory here and got some video.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And you know, I don't know about you, but the Dynasty off season is in full swing for me. I think I've made more trades this week than I had in the previous like three months combined. So it's pretty fun to get.
Speaker 4: Back in there, moving and shaking.
Speaker 2: Huh, dude, I had some bangers this week. It's been pretty fun.
Speaker 4: I've made a few, nothing too crazy so far, I don't think. Well, let's get into it, man, Let's.
Speaker 2: Start with your Chicago White Sox. I don't see why not.
Speaker 4: Not got the White Sox. Admittedly probably not super excited about my two White Sox choices here, but let's go arm first, and let's do I don't know if you've watched Riley Gowins very much at all. Indeed, that's that's who I'm going to go with mine too.
Speaker 2: The way to start with the co sign.
Speaker 4: Oh really yekay, maybe you're more excited than I. I don't know, but what he's uh oh he came from the Braves.
Speaker 2: And some trade in the Aaron Bummer trade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. He was the ninth round pick out of Illinois in twenty twenty three. Right hander. He was twenty four his last start, it'll be twenty five this season, listed at six ' four spent in twenty four what in high and then double A pretty much split his season in half between those two levels. On the season, one hundred and twenty two innings and twenty five starts, three point eight four ERA one point one seven whip three sixty six x FIP, twenty eight point seven K percentage, a nine point one walk percentage. The production took a little bit of a dip when he moved up to double A right but I don't know if you noticed, his last nine starts were pretty good though he seemed to adjust to double A.
Speaker 2: I was going to highlight that even his last six that he seemed like he had figured some stuff out and ran a two seven fit over that last six starts and again at double A like maybe he'd adjusted. Actually, was really encouraged by how he ended the year in Binghamton.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like what his last pen starts he only gave up what nine runs and four of those were in one outing? Yeah, yeah, mad, And he seems to have a you know, full starter's arsenal. The little East West game that he's got with the fastball that kind of runs arm side. He's got a good snider. I think that the curveball looks pretty decent, the changeup looks nice. I mean, it's just kind of a just all around looking prospect. One thing that gives me a bit hesitation with him is just like the stack pile of arms now that the white Sacks have gotten I can't imagine he's too high on the pecking order, but yeah, he'll be in the uppers. It's not that far away. Maybe in the middle third of the B side arms that I went with this year. That's fun.
Speaker 2: I think that's fair.
Speaker 4: I'm prioritize them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's fair. You know, I like somebody that has the volume that he put up this year, right, you know, one hundred and twenty two innings is really good. That's near the top. Well, it's probably ninetieth percentile or something of arms in the minor league, So that's good. While there are a lot of arms in Chicago, I think a lot of them are of questionable quality, and a lot of them like probably aren't gonna be huge blockers in the rotation. If he takes a small step forward, I kind of agree with you. I think that the arsenal is more good than great currently. That isn't to say with a little bit tighter execution, you know, nine percent walk rate given the good not great, strick hit red that he's got is like a little bit of a flag for me for his arsenal, I think it would be better if he was I would be more excited. I'd say, if he was under eight percent kind of walk rate, I could see that happening. Him tightening the command a bit, working on the execution like he kind of did to end the year. And if that's the guy that we see, then maybe he's one of the ones that's really in the mix. And while look at him and see a front end starter mix here, he could develop into a number four And I wouldn't be shocked right like, and that's a useful fantasy starter kind of no matter the league depth, then I can't say that about a lot of the guys in kind of the middle tier for me. So he might be like close to top ten arm for me, maybe maybe around that tenth slot. So I could see that kind of middle third to nearing the top ten for my B set arms anyway.
Speaker 4: September zero zero percent roster. One thing about Gawans too is that it's kind of a little tougher un lefties. That's the right handed picture. Don't hate to see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his change I thought was good. I didn't see I would have liked to see him usic more, but I thought it was really good when he used it.
Speaker 4: Riley gotwins. I don't know. I think a solid B side arm. I'm not rastering him anywhere.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you are, but not currently No get in the southern lead this year. Yeah, and for what it's worth, like.
Speaker 4: Well, they're done and just pop them up to Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Who knows, and who knows they might I haven't looked at their depth chart in a minute. I know they've Like you said, They've got quite a few arms they've gotten in various trades, and some of them I think they're going to park in the bigs and see what they can do next year. And some of them I think are bound for the pen. Like you know, Herberd loves to erie arte, but I just don't see him working as a starter. I think he's he's pen bound, So you know, that's kind of what I'm saying. With Like, even the volume of arms that they've gotten in trades over the past eighteen months or so, I still think there are lots of rotation slots to be had in Chicago, and has a puncher shot at them, and I think that's worth a flyer for a zero percent guy, especially in your deeper leagues or your leagues where pitching really matters, like your points leagues. I would prefer Gowons to after doing my deep dive this offseason, I prefer him to some arms that I have across a couple of thirty teamers, and so he's going to be a late target for me and along with some of the other B side arms that I've mentioned in some of my FYPD and Unowned Prospect drafts this offseason, yeah right.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we mentioned fastball velocity is probably like ninety three, ninety four something like. Yeah. Well, like I said, I think it's got some in my looks, it's got some nice armside run to it. I think. On Twitter on x at Pitching Specs, I got a video of him and the other guys I'll talk about tonight and I'll share those after this episode of Drafts.
Speaker 2: Let me talk about my bat here for Chicago, and then I'll pass it over to you. Partly because this is going to be a bit of a theme of the episode for me, and partly because I just really like this particular player I'm going with, Riku Nishida. Are you familiar with mister Nishida.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the noodleist of noodle Dants.
Speaker 2: Yes. He may have the single worst power projections in professional baseball. He did hit one homer this year that did leave the park. Got a slider down and in and golfed it out and it just barely cleared. You saw his whole dugout went nuts for him. Because it's his first professional homer. I don't think he hit one in college either. I'll have to check that he went to university of Oregon. I've got some love there. I also spent some time in Eugene, so pumped for Rika Nishida. The reason I picked him is one I love these underdog type stories where people write him off because he's a zero in the power department. He's short, he's skinny, he's like doesn't look like a big leaguer at all. But while it's not Stephen Kwan esque, he does have incredibly good contact skills. I continuously think in this dynasty world people really underrate the contact skill ability and especially depending on your format, that that can really really play. And Nishidah is like the er example of this, right, like not going to hit for any power in the big leagues, like the as you said, noodle Bat, I mean, I don't have his exsiblos or anything, but this is bottom of a scale power. He's not even trying to hit for power. But he's really good at manipulating the barrel. He doesn't get beat often. His hands stay in the zone a long time, so if it's a breaking ball or an off speed pitch he's fulled on. He'll just slap it the other way or pull it through a hole. If it's a fastball, like, he just doesn't get beat by heat very often. I love his style, you know, and it's very you know, he's Japanese and ancestry, and it's very evocative of the MPB style of play, which I enjoy stylistically, like, I don't think those make for the very best and most valuable baseball players often, but I think aesthetically it's super fun to watch him hit. And this is another shout to really really understand your format. I play in a couple of funny points leagues that have really varying rules around contact skills versus power, and in a couple of my super deep like thirty team plus dynasty leagues, Nishida is never going to be interesting to me, even if he makes the BIGS and it's like a starting outfielder, I'm never going to roster him because those formats really reward power and it doesn't matter if you strike out. So my team is like every power hitter I can get at every position. So nashidah not a fit for that roster. But I play in a couple of other points leagues where power is useful, but if it comes at that like strikeout costs hurts you a lot so guys like Ellie de la Cruz, who people put in the top five dynasty assets. He was like the twenty fifth overall rated hitter in that format last year. So like really good, but way off off of his kind of call it chalk dynasty ceiling. And in a league like that, I'm super interested in Nishida and he's somebody that I might snag it with a late pick in our upcoming draft this offseason. You'd like this league too, Nate, because we can't do prospect pickups in season, and so you kind of have to like put your stake in the ground. We don't have many prospects slots either. I had a lot of success in that league last year, zagging when other people were zigging for like the big prospect or this particular eye. And I ended up with a couple of guys super late in the FYPD draft that other people that overlooked because they weren't dynasty assets. But I was like, in this contact oriented format that really penalized a strikeouts. Give me the Javier Soinoyas, give me Xavier Edwards. And Edwards was a league winner. I kid you not. He was my starting shortstop through the playoffs and I won that league even though Corey Seger, my best hitter, was hurt for that whole run. And it's because of a guy like Xavier Edwards. And now I'm not saying Riku Nishida is quite on Xavier Edwards level yet, but of anyone in the minor leagues, like, he's somebody that could put up that kind of a super contact heavy very few homers, but swipe a bunch of bags and be a pretty useful guy. So while this is a bit of a bit, I don't really think for a lot of leagues Nashida's going to hold interest. I do think that it's worth scouting for those kinds of prof files that really fit your league well. And Nishida has one that is going to be super overlooked and you'll be able to get him. He's going to be zero percent at the end of next year. This is like a terrible B side game pick because I just no one's going to pick him up. But I'm putting a flag that this kind of profile is useful depending on your leak.
Speaker 4: If you've never seen and you have some like prejudiced and preconceived notions of what a Japanese hitter looks like because of like Major League two, Like that's Nashida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 4: We've talked before when you look at his spray chart and like other than like that free comb run and maybe one or two other batted balls, like everything else doesn't go like past regular depth. You know, outfielders are playing it regular depth. It is one of the wildest spray charts that I have seen in quite a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but dude got up to double A this year, so twenty three year old and put up a four seventeen four eighteen OBP swiped forty nine bags, yeah, one thirty seven WRT plus Like yeah, I mean it's.
Speaker 4: True to you though, Like you know, I've heard you say before you have certain markers and certain things that you look for and hitters and then one thing that you like, the really sort of extreme guy and uh oh yeah, Sheeta is definitely extreme, definitely extreme.
Speaker 2: He's fun.
Speaker 4: I know that you're familiar with my pick here, Matt, I'm gonna go with tim Alco.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, I like tim Alco. That's funny, funny in comparison to my pick, like you didn't be more different.
Speaker 4: Different Elco was one percent rostered back in September. I know he was in AFL. I don't think he's like an absolute nothing name. Has hit a lot of home runs. He's an older prospect though, twenty five year old right handed first base profile listed at six to three. Who's a tenth round pick out Ole miss in twenty twenty two, three hundred and seventy one Double A plate appearances in twenty twenty four, and then two hundred and nineteen Triple A played appearances, which is nice, right, we get some stat cast stuff on the season. He popped eighteen home runs. I think that into year prior his home run total was higher than that, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 4: Put a level down. Strikeout percent twenty nine point three percent, he walked seven point one percent, solid, four thirty nine, seven eighty five ops, just a one to fifty ISO and a three ninety four babbit. It's kind of some underwhelming stuff, don't you think, Matt?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did he run a three seventy babe a triple A? I don't know.
Speaker 4: But what I like about Oko is that I think he's very much going to get a major league shot with that organization at some point in the relatively near future. Here did like his showing in the AFL. You know, it's kind of an interesting here. Like I wrote down here, Matt, when I was watching him this summer, it feels like he's a deadpool hitter in all field swing speed, Like when he does get out in front on the video, I think I have like one hundred and twelve mile per hour home run that he crushed, you know, I do. I wonder about him and how he does since velocity. I think he's late sometimes an opposite field percentage of thirty five point six percent, and I don't think all of that is from technique or plan up there. I think he's a good enough hitter that, like I said, get to the bigs maybe five some home runs. I didn't really love a lot else in this system at this roster percentage, So yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tend to agree with you on that there. There wasn't a lot to pick from around this roster percentage. Elko, I think is one that is super interesting and has hit some fun homers. I remember watching quite a bit of him last year. I think he just needs to hit more fly balls, Like I don't understand why that big honkin dude is hitting so many ground balls and sprang them all over the place, Like somebody get him to a swing, change guy and get him to lift and pole. He's got the raw power for it. He's got a decent eye.
Speaker 4: I don't really know if it's necessarily like this swing. I think he's just like he's just late all the time. Like, why are you letting them bit of travel so deep all the time? Just get it out front, man, That's like what you're built for. That's what you're the only way you're going to have a major league job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's gonna have some swinging miss to it, but sure get him. Sure get him forty or fifty more fly balls and thirty homers in the bigs.
Speaker 4: I love I rostering him, but I think a highly likely leader, if maybe not for very long, at least at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see that Elko and Nishida couldn't be more different.
Speaker 4: The Detroit Tigers, a lot of them. If you're a Tigers fan, you got to be pretty excited these days. I think huh definitely had a great season. Major league club looks good. I think their farm most awesome. A lot of interesting arms and some really good young bats and fire got a little jealous of Tigers fans these days.
Speaker 2: Don't sleep on how you lead to and Prosono and Justice big b Like, there's a lot to like in that system.
Speaker 4: You know, we were going on about the mud Hens last year and how we liked their Triple A squad. You know, some of those guys came up and helped them in the playoffs and what have you. But I really like my Tiger's arm this year, Matt, and I know I had mentioned it many months ago. Who it was. There's no surprise to anybody in the discord. But Jake miller Man good looking arm. Yeah, he's a lefty. Listed at six ' to two. He was the eighth round pick out of Vel Paraiso in twenty twenty two. Was in the AFL I don't know, twenty innings in there or something like that. So he had spent twenty twenty four kind of bouncing it around a ball and high a mostly just a ball. And then he didn't make his double A debut. Right at the end of the year for a playoff game one in which he was very very good too, went five thought out, gave up three hits, struck out three five shout out innings, and sixty pitches on like seventy four percent strikes or something like that. But I is a fan as well, and he just shared that he had spoken with somebody who thinks that, you know, they view him as a major league starter. You look at some of his numbers here in the season, like he only technically started three games, but he was starting to get longer innings, piggyback and that sort of thing, which might be why part of the reason at least why he's what he was zero percent rostered in September. But on the season split between the three levels, twenty four games, eighty seven and a third innings, pitched one eight five ERA point nine to four whip a two point five six x fit, struck out hitters over thirty percent clip walked hitters five percent, threw strikes total at a sixty nine percent clip. I mean, that's some good numbers. Granted, I do think maybe, you know, the competition level is maybe a little bit below him for you know, a lot of his innings. But talking about a guy who's got like having some pretty nasty secondaries curveball, he's got like a tighter slider, harder, a firmer, tighter slider. He's got like a slurf sweep. Change up looks really good.
Speaker 2: Change of looks phenomenal. I mean, I think that's like that you're you're bearing the lead there a bit like that's his best pitch. It looks like to me, and I loved watching that change up work, and I think that's the thing that gives me and maybe the Tiger's confidence that he can go a couple of times through the order and has the chops to be a midjor league quality starter.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The video that I'll share, particularly the last two changeups I think are a good look. One of them really really has like some like screwball notion to it, right Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he gets great fade on it, and I think he commands it really well, which I'm always impressed with with a changeup that has that kind of fade to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Man, he's a lefty who is tougher on righties. Don't hate to see that. The fastball now, I think the fastball velocity was kind of ticking up and getting some more with life to it as the season progressed. I don't know, I think his a ball members you'll probably see an average velocity of like ninety two ninety three, but you can see him hit ninety four to ninety seven on the broadcast guns take that for what it's worth from time to time, So there might be a little bit more heat in there than average savant numbers might suggest if you're looking at those. I feel like Miller just kind of really came into his own this year, and it's like, I think a legit kind of dude. Now, yeah, under the radar.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I'm a full full coatsign on Chick Miller here. He would have been my pick for sure, but I knew you were going him, so I wanted to, you know, like this is a full coast sign. But this I know you've been talking about him for months and I think he's a great shout.
Speaker 4: Well. I think there's a lot of good options in this system here. I think that I'm fond of the Tigers pitching fine right now. There's I think probably eight other arms that would have been like really good B side calls too, that were zero to one percent.
Speaker 2: Tiger's system is super fun. There were a lots that considered in thought were pretty interesting, and I feel like I had to keep the lefty thing going with Miller and Herder from last year. And I think the Tigers have something something cooking with these lefties here. You know, maybe Scooble the Scoobale magic is something they've got for all these dudes in the system. I consider Leel Lockhart. I thought I liked a lot of what he did this year as somebody that might be a kind of high probability back end starter. But I really did like Gabriel Reyis the looks that I got at him, another lefty in the system.
Speaker 4: That was my second choice, Matt was it was it nice?
Speaker 2: Nice? Yeah? I mean Reys, like he only was it low A this year and he's just twenty, so it's not like that's he's behind the developmental curve or anything. He wasn't outstanding, I'd say, I mean, he was really good. But we've talked about some other kind of a ball arms that were even even better than Rays Rangers arms that we talked about Andeo and a couple others that are now escaping me off the top of my head. And like we just saw Travis Acora put up an incredible run at low a, but Reys I kind of think is of that quality. You look at his approach and he's got this like really low slot slagh in lefty fastball. You know that it comes from pretty low. I don't know exactly how high or what the exact vertical approach angle is, but to me, it looks really really tough to hit, and maybe this is just overpowering the low A hitters and we want to see it at higher levels. That pitch, just from what I saw it do that looked major league quality to me in that it's a little bit out of the ordinary from a location and velocity perspective. I've seen that the fastball up to like ninety five from that low angle with what looks like pretty decent backspin to it. That's a plus to double plus fastball in terms of its effectiveness. I think. So that's a great pitch to start from. His slider looked murder on lefties. I wasn't as convinced about it as how it's going to play against righties, mostly due to his kind of inability to command it consistently. I thought that that kind of came and went, and he missed a fair amount against righties with it. And maybe that led to the you know, not elevated, but a little bit higher kind of homer rate and walk rate than I would have expected just watching the shape of it, because it looks really nasty and reminds me a little bit of Brandon Garcia in that way, just like it really moves and think is pretty nasty. And then the change up showed a lot of promise. Again, it's probably a pitch he needs to work on a bit more. I'm not sure, you know, like maybe he can learn something from Miller this offseason, much like Brent Herder two years ago or last year. I really think that if he ups that usage into like the fifteen percent range, now we're really cooking. Like that's that's a guy that can turn over the lineup a few times. I'm wondering if he leans a little bit too much on his excellent fastball and he's not developing the change up as much. And maybe they do know how to develop. But this is the one nit that I had with Herder last year too, that kind of stuck in my mind that I wish he would have continued to throw more and more changeups and he still kept it around the same kind of ten to twelve percent range, and I'd like to see Reyes throw his change up a bit more, but Giro Reys other than that, and wanting to see him do this at a little bit higher levels. I was really really impressed. I mean, thirty one point one percent strikeout rate, seven point two percent walk rate, like those are both really really good numbers at a ball or low. I knew he was coming back from an injury, so that's why his inning totals were down, but he started thirteen games, so they just plug and play to him at Starter and weren't really doing this kind of gaming the system thing that they did with Jake Miller and they've done with some of their other arms, so I think they might be developing him with that Starter in mind. So I'm really excited to see Gabriel Rayis at high next year. And I think, well, Miller is a higher probability bet and I am loving a lot about what he does. I think Rayis might even have a higher ceiling. So yeah, a lot to like about rays and he's He's firmly in my top ten B side arms too, and that's even with like Miller would be there too. But for there's a couple of these a ball arms that I've got in the back of my top ten that I really really like.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I'm glad you went with him. I think there's a twenty one years old last season.
Speaker 2: I think there's he was twenty and he turned twenty one maybe at the end of the year, but he's yeah, he'll be twenty one next year.
Speaker 4: And I actually, you know, I probably last watched him in September, so my mental images I did actually like take some notes here.
Speaker 2: Oh good, what what notes do you have on him?
Speaker 4: I jotted down there was some violence to his delivery, he falls off the third a little bit, and I think sometimes some inconsistencies with his front foot. But what was his walk rate on.
Speaker 2: The under eight percent? Seven point two percent?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just still not bad. This wrote ninety one ninety three with the fastball with some armside run eighty three, a slider with a strung drop firmer, a slider at eighty five. Is there inconsistencies than that or is one more like a cutter too? I don't know. Also too, I was wondering if there was some of the stack cast stuff that I saw. I was I wanted to take up argument with some of the pitch Labille, and then I broke down that there was like an eighty five mile per hour changeup that he throws left on left.
Speaker 2: Very yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: So there's system most popular arms obviously Joe at fifty eight percent. Sawyer gives the more than twenty eight percent time Matt in twenty seven. Herder was at twenty seven, Wilmer Flores at thirteen, Ham at twelve, to a mountain at five, like Rainer Castillo, Joseph Montalvo came over from the Rangers, like Andrew Sears, my young guy Pedro Garcia, like I don't know. I was digging watching these zero one percenters in this system. The Tiger's B side arms have been good to us. We keep the street going here, Gider, Montero Brand Herder, Jane Hamm. It's a good group, so Jake Miller and Gabriel Reyes's great.
Speaker 2: I feel good about those two picks too. I mean, I think that Tigers are being good to us. This is good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Matt. On the bat side, I can't say that I had as many guys as I was interested in down at this prosper percentage. But I decided to go with John Peck. I don't know if you are familiar or not, but I don't think I am speaking. I'd say he's a really good glove that I think could be hit enough. That was zero percent rostered. He was a seventh round pick out of Pepperdine in AY twenty three draft. He was twenty one years old, so he's pretty young young college pick for twenty twenty three. He played forty nine games at Lakeland and then eighteen in the Midwest League, so you missed some time because of injury. Three hundred total played appearances. He hit three home runs, stole thirty three bases, was caught six times, walked almost ten percent of the time, struck out not just under twenty five percent of the time. Slug in the ISO isn't going to press you too much four or two and one twenty one Maybe kind of more of like an all fields line drive sort of hitter. But the glove, man like, I don't know, he's pretty pretty damn good shortstop, you know. I think the bat might have been coming around a little bit when he came back from injury. From July twenty six to eight thirty five, games, one hundred and fifty plate appearances. He went three thirty one, four oh seven four ninety six, hit all three of his home runs during that time span. Just maybe, you know, an abbreviated sort of first pro season. But not a guy that I'm going to draft a roster right now. But I gay that's kind of definitely a priority watch for me to start the year.
Speaker 2: Some notes to check up. But I can't say Peck is someone that I know anything about.
Speaker 4: A good size too, like a probably a solid six foot athletic. I think the do worst. I'll share in the video with pack couple of his hardest hit balls from his A ball run one hundred and ten, one hundred and seven got with some speed, thirty three bags and uh really good glove got a chance. I think.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm going for a guy who I'm not super excited about again, an undersized utility type bat, not a lot of power, some speed. This is my theme for the hitters in the central here. I'm going with Carlos Mendoza. Have you seen any Mendoza doesn't mean a bell? No, Yeah, I can't really recommend him very strongly. You know, he ended the year at double a played some second base, some third base, some right field, So a little bit of utility action in there. Two sixty four, three eighty eight, three sixty three. So again, when your obp's higher than your slug he tells you a little something about the shape of the production. You know, he hits doubles and triples, only five homers on the year, but swipe thirty three bags. So he's got some speed and some ability on the bases. This is not a guy that I'm excited about. This is like in the bottom half for sure of my b side bats. It's more like there's a utility profile here. Maybe he gets a run at some point, and again in more contact rewarding leagues, is a name to remember if he gets gets a shot. But again, he's got some defensive utility and versatility, but it's not good enough that it's going to keep his bat in the lineup in the bigs. I don't think, and I just think that there's really limited power. He just like he has really slow hands, and I mean that in a mostly complimentary but it just means like he makes a lot of contact at the expense of some explosivity in his swing. So Mendoza is good and sort of a fun all round player, plays the game pretty hard, but I don't see there's nothing exceptional about him in the way that there is with Nashidah and so I think it's a little bit less likely that he cements himself as a big league regular.
Speaker 4: So Pack and Mendoza are Tiger's bats.
Speaker 2: Cleveland's a nice segue here because it's the third of my trio of light hitting kind of utility types. I'm going with guy Lipscomb, you know, lipskimb and all. You watch any of him? Yes, yeah, So he's a was twenty three last year, made it up to double a college bat, drafted a couple of years ago out of Belmont University. Very low power plus contact plus speed. Again like rip and replace a lot of the things that I said about Mendoza with Lipscumb. They have a lot of things in common, even down to the fact that they both I had like more triples than you would expect, almost the same number, sixteen doubles versus seventeen doubles, four homers to five homers, thirty four bags to thirty three bags. Like on the surface, their numbers are super super similar and overall shape or production really really similar Lipskin, though I'm maybe slightly more intrigued by partly because he did that in a lot fewer play appearances, so I think there might be a little bit more juice under the hood there. And he has even slightly better contact skills, again not quite to the n Sheeta level, but a fifteen percent strikeout rate is really really good, especially in the mid to uppers. He's a guy that I find a little more interesting from a visual scouting perspective because you look at him and he's like not small. I mean, I'm not sure he's listed at six foot maybe, but it's a pretty well built six foot yeah, six two, I mean like six two one ninety five is what fangrafts listen at and watching his games, like, I buy that he's a big athletic guy. So it's a little weird that he really isn't getting to the power there. And I don't know if Cleveland is the right org for this, but I do think that they're there's some swing change potential here. There's while you've heard me talk about how I'm a little skeptical of guys changing their stripes, and it's pretty hard, especially coming out of college, to change who you are, to add exit velocity, to add something different about your swing, you just kind of are the guy who you are. I don't think, but.
Speaker 4: It's very much since noar is.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I know, I think it's a hard thing to do, and I'm not betting that Lipscomb's going to do it, but I think that if he does, there is a starter, a big league starter capability in here. Because of just the overall shape of his production. He's done nothing but hit since he's been in Pro ball. WRC plus of one eighteen at a ball last year and then this year it was one sixteen at high A and one thirty at in a small seventy nine plate appearance sample at double A. I think he plays pretty good defense. He has some nice highlights on MiLB dot com if you want to check some of them out. Some good plays. His bat a ball profile is fine at thirty five percent ground balls, forty two percent fly ball twenty three percent line drives, you know, like a fairly MLB quality battered ball profile. So I don't know. I like Lipscum the most of this trio, even though he doesn't have the extreme contact skill of Nishida, but they're to me like there's at least some possibility that he turns into a major league quality outfielder and hitter. So lipscum. Of these three, while they're all have a lot of similarities in them, I think Lipscomb is the one that I would actually recommend you take a look at. And as far as I know, he's really traveled under the raider. I don't recall ever hearing anybody else talk about him. Kind of my my one diamond in the ref of this this trio here, And yeah, I actually would recommend people give him give him a look again, especially in the contact type leagues, in your deeper leagues, or at least put him on a watch list, because if he comes out and has actualized some power, this is a really really good player overall, and he's still young enough that maybe we see some some of those development games happen. Guy Lipscomb, I actually think it's quite interesting here.
Speaker 4: This seems like the mots of Guardians type two, right.
Speaker 5: I mean the list of bats that I had watched for this process, and it's like to steal twenty to thirty bags and walked over ten percent of the time and strike out less than twenty percent of the time and hit like two or some home runs.
Speaker 2: You know, yep is Yeah, I mean it's good stuff, right like, that's that is the that's the bones of what makes good players. And yeah, it's clearly something that their model values and they go after. And I like a lot of that profile, and it's one of those ones that like, you get that kind of a guy and then they can up level just a little bit and they turn into Jose Ramirez, right Like, that's you know, that doesn't happen very often, but it's certainly what they're hoping for. I think with a lot of these this kind of this quality or caliber of player.
Speaker 4: Man I was like pretty certain for most of the season or back half of the season that I was going to go with p. D. Helpin as my guy m with the Guardians. Yeah. I've always has kind of been a little bit of a fan. Plays a really good center field. I thought he had a pretty good season, twelve home runs, a twelve stolen bases. I think the twelve home runs is by far his biggest home run output. If I'm not mistaken, then man I turned on a first year player who got in a whopping thirteen games in a ball and I chased him wine, I'm gonna google with Ryan Cesserini. I don't know if you were familiar. He was a Day three college fourteenth round round.
Speaker 2: I think I know him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lefty. Obviously it was zero percent rosters listed at five times. That might be a little generous. I don't know. I was just like, who is this guy who's got just like this really simple swing. He just like kind of turns his foot sends it back to his own And this dude have four triples in thirteen games. That's why.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I turned him on probably, Like I don't know, I just like the look of him at the play the like I said, it's just so simple and easy, kind of hitting gap to gap, running a little bit. Well, he's thirteen games and I struck out eighteen and a half percent of time, walk thirteen percent of the times. I mean, we're talking about fifty four played appearances here, So nothing to get too crazy about or feel too confident about either. Video wise, eyeballs just like this. I don't know if you've seen the video at all, but there is a side view of him hitting a double off the wall where you can kind of maybe get the best of his swing. But Ryan Cecerini didn't really love a lot of my other options, and I just kept one to watch him, and I'm curious to see how his twenty twenty five goes.
Speaker 2: Funny little setup and I know, right, yeah, I mean there's not a lot of waste in movement in any of that. Definitely not Yeah, no interesting.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I'll just like the guy because I like to look at this technique and see how it goes. Times that's been all you needed. Other times it didn't turn into too much armside Matt, the Guardians, their prospects. Joey Cantillo is thirty two percent of spein you know twenty six percent, Matt Wilkinson Wilkinson, Tugbloll seventeen boat, Parker Messi twelve percent. Near guy from last year, Will dim was at five, Tanner Burns at five, Doug mcczy at four, Justin Campbell, Ethan Hankins, Austin Peterson at four percent. And then there could you take last year Jackson Humphries did not have the year that I was hoping for. He was still at one percent a year before I went with Aaron Davenport, who was at one percent and I thought had a great year, like really took a jump. I think, I know he's like repeating a love one whatever, but I think he just got a lot cleaner with all of it, the motion and the execution. I think he's kind of back on the map as a guy who has a shot.
Speaker 2: And that's who I picked. You know, I had forgotten you had picked him a couple of years ago, and for all of those reasons, I actually watched a fair amount of him, and I think I picked him up. He had a good run in the middle of the year at one point, and I picked him up in a couple of leagues as somebody that I thought was like a kind of high floor arm that maybe there's a chance for more.
Speaker 4: He was like my one kind of like later round his first year player draft year that I was like, I'm gonna take a step on this guy out of Hawaii. But it hadn't really totally all come together.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, and last year was pretty disappointing for him, right, Like he repeated a level and was just way worse than he was the first time through. So like last year was a big step back. This year, he was really good and he was at double A like for the whole year. One of the things that I love volume. Dude put up one hundred and forty two innings on the back of one hundred and seven two years ago and one hundred and fourteen last year, So that's like three hundred and sixty plus innings over the past three years. That's got to be near the top of the minor league. So the volume I really like, and he showed some of the skills that I think you were identifying out of the draft. Like it's a bit of a kitchen sink mix. He's not a power guy. He's not None of these pitches are going to overwhelm, but it's the curve ball is good. I liked the cutter too. I thought he used it well against lefties and a change up rounded it out. Yeah, I mean it's like ninety two on the heater, and there are definitely some worts with this, Like he still probably walks a few too many, and he's done that really his whole career. You know, his walk he did. This is his best year and it was eight point nine percent, so like step forward for him, and you know he punched out twenty three percent of batters. That's okay, but for the kind of picture he is, I'm a little worried that the walks are gonna like he needs to be even more precise with the execution and get a trim a little bit more off the walks because the striker, he's not going to keep striking guys out over twenty percent of the time. I mean, this is a guy who's going to run like a sixteen percent walk rate or something in the bigs. I think, oh yeah, and that's what Steamer projects for him this year. So you know, I really like him. I think there's a lot about him that is an interesting kind of back end starter projection. I'm not really excited, but he also looks to me like somebody who is almost certainly going to make the majors and be a starting picture. So that is definitely worth something in your deeper points leagues for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was nice to see him have kind of a resurgence. Yeah. I wasn't even sure if he was going to be starting anymore heading into twenty twenty four. I kind of think after twenty three.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, stick him in triple A and see how he does in the International League. So I'm I'm interested to see how that plays. And it will be fun getting some stat cast data on the depth of the repertoire too. And he's a guy that seems like he tinkers a bit, and so maybe he adds another pitch or adds a sinker to the repertoire to go along with the four seamer.
Speaker 4: His whole like mound presence too, Like just the whole energy of him is like it was so much better, just way more relaxed, which I think was good for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know, Aaron Davenport, not a glowing recommendation, but somebody that should absolutely be on your radar as like this guy might get some innings or some starts in Cleveland as soon as this year. You know, I wouldn't be surprised at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, man, this is our sixth episode of the year, and we I don't think maybe maybe we did talk about one, but we were like, so Miami Hurricane heavy last year.
Speaker 2: If we hurry, Yeah, we talked about it.
Speaker 4: I don't think we've talked about anything, but I have to go the first year player.
Speaker 6: We're oute here with the Guardians, and I'm going with their fourth round pick out of Miami rape Schlessinger. Mmm, okay, well, I can't imagine it's going to be drafted all that much, right, I think it's safe to say he'll be zero one percent one years old.
Speaker 4: What his debut he got three or post draft you got three starts in seven point one innings, So you know very little to see here. Obviously, you can go back and watch some stuff on YouTube from Miami and whatever. What I liked, Sollo, Hurricane Lum, I'll cart some pump quest. I think there's a little bit of that sort of funky lefty in Schlessinger. I feel like this is almost like a classic Guardian sort of picture in that I think there's like some I think the secondary game is really good, and maybe the hope is to help the fast ball. I think we've seen them do that with several pitchers in their history. Definitely, you know what I think the fastball is like probably was in these three outings. Probably I guess would average like eighty nine to ninety but you do see him get up to ninety three ninety four at a time. Like I said, there's real I don't know if you're looking at the video at all, but you agree that's a funky low armslaught, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know. The thing that's standing out to me is I think he changes his release point pretty significantly for his off speed pitches, and I don't like that. I mean, I don't like that, but I also think that that's like something that they can fix. But his change up and slider are coming way lower than his fastball.
Speaker 4: YEP, for sure. Definitely when he throws that the firmer slider cutter thing or whatever, it's like up by his ear. Yeah, like it's very different. But yeah, so I mean that's just had to finished project here, I don't think at all, but some funk in this system. I kind of like to see where it goes. And I've seen a couple of just like interviews and stuff with him, like just kind of like the character. It's gone through some things in his life, and it just seems kind of like a fun guy, has a good attitude. I think my hurricanes on the pitching side at least there. I don't know how true it is. I don't necessarily hold it, but a reputation of their pictures maybe not having a ton of instruction when they're in college. So let's me with some professional coaches and things the program might might do for Rafe here. I like them a decent enough amount, right, Like they are kind of different, funky lefties, so I want to Yeah, RAF's.
Speaker 2: Lester, I like it, good, good shout. He's an interesting one.
Speaker 4: I don't think there was a ton of other guys. I mean, you going with Davenport. I went with Humphreys last year. I do kind of like Trenton Denholm a little bit, but yeah, that was like really it for my short list here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we were the Guardians. The Guardians have a ton of talent in their system that I really like, but generally it's at a higher roster percentage and a little less on the arm side this year than on the bat side. I think.
Speaker 4: I do think their arm farm is ha stinned out. So you go back a few years, I felt like it was just loaded with yeah, interesting guys, maybe not quite as much these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Austin Peterson and Parker Messik are still pretty interesting. Michael Kennedy continues to be maybe interesting. I know other people like him more than I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I forgot he came over.
Speaker 2: Yeah great, Yeah, yeah, Doug, Doug Nakazzi. I like Doug Nakazzi and will Dionne as well. You know, there's still some interesting guys here, but yeah, not quite the upside. I don't know if the Bibees and Williams's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when was around, he was so good, dude, he.
Speaker 2: Was incredible to watch. It's literally appointment viewing in the minor leagues. Like that's more excited for him than it was for Skeens.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I feel like Mike Painter, like the two most exciting, best looking my League pictures. I've yep, the last four or five years for me. But AnyWho, let's talk about some home runs. Man, you got any home runs juice and two remaining? That's yere? Are we gonna go sleep?
Speaker 2: I mean both of these guys have more juice than the ones that I've talked about so.
Speaker 4: Far, So yeah, I think God yeah.
Speaker 2: So either way, either way, we'll talk about a little bit of home runs. Anyway you got, let's go with the twins.
Speaker 4: Does the Twins bat happen to be six ' eight?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, so we went different.
Speaker 2: No, my Twins bat, it's Ricardo Olivar this year, and I really I was pretty excited about Olivar, Like, this is a one that I actually think has a pretty good shot at being consistent multi year major leaguer with it has holds fantasy appeal. I'm pretty into Olivar after diving in. I had a good year, man, you had a really good year. Did so in a way that I find believable, right, Like twenty percent strikeout rate as a twenty two year old, ended up in double A when two seventy five three point eighty one four forty one triple slash on the year in four hundred and thirty three plate appearances, nineteen doubles, three triples, twelve homers, and tossed in a couple of bags six bags, and I don't think was caught. He's not super fast. He's played catcher and outfield. I'm not sure he's great at either. But I think there's real thump in this bat. Like I watch him swing, and there's a couple of things about it that I don't love, Like he really clears his hips out pretty early and then has like a lot of batlag that comes with that. But he's got the contact skills to make it work. And I think he's got a pretty good eye up there at the plate. You know, he had a fourteen percent walk rate this year. That combination means that even if like maybe because to me, that combination looks like he's selling out a little bit for some power at times. If he's if it's not coming with the strikeouts and he's making really good swing decisions, like it seems like he is. I think he's going to get to even more power than he showed this year. So are I actually think is like an underrated bat and is one that I think should be rostered in most dynasty leagues at this point. I mean again, maybe not like your shallower leagues where you're only rostering one hundred or fifty prospects, but your deeper dynasty leagues like Olivar absolutely should be rostered. And I think is I haven't seen him get a lot of love, but I really really like him.
Speaker 4: This must have been September or October, but Pipeline had him sixteenth in the organization at that time.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Oh wow, good good for Pipeline. Yeah, I feel like Pipeline is sometimes a little behind the ball, and these kinds of guys.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's yeah, that's only a one percent roster percent. On September twenty seventh, Sonatt getting the Dynasty.
Speaker 2: Love Ricardo Olivar, though, you know, go jump on that one thirty eight WRC plus this year and I think you might you might like it. He obviously wasn't quite as good in double A after he was promoted. I still think that it was small enough sample and he just had to face the really tough Arkansas Travelers, so it depressed his offensive stats.
Speaker 4: And still just at the age of you know, a first year player.
Speaker 2: Rights Yeah, I mean that's that's the point that I was going to make. I think all of our is more interesting than most of like the pretty boy college guys coming out of this year, like, you know, outside of the very tippy top, like what he's done. Like I think we could be thrilled if Carson Bene did that this year. You know, I don't know, and people love Carson Benj. I think BENJ is going to be an interesting guy to watch, but like Ricardo Olivar just did what you hope BENJ does and nobody's really interested in him. And Benj is like a top twenty FYPD guy.
Speaker 4: First episode, I brought up that I felt there was a little bit of a scene going on with a lot of my bats this.
Speaker 2: Year, but they're bad, got them.
Speaker 4: I love like a lot of big guys, way more of the last year. Last year, I felt like last short, a lot of guys are six or four taller and this is the biggest dude here. I'm going with Carson McCusker. My Twins this year, noted in the discord, is like a fantastic Civil War era and the sure yeah, definitely led some troops over Summery River to kick some Red coats ass right, but oh wait, I guess that would be the Revolutionarya.
Speaker 2: I was like, you're you're mixing up your American wars there, my friend.
Speaker 4: But Clyde did that too, really well. McCusker man talking about like top of the scale, just like kind of raw power, right. Undrafted out of Oklahoma State, he played two years of independent ball and then the Twins brought him in to the full ninety eight games in Double A and then twenty four in Triple A. Gets some stat cast stuff and yes he hits the ball hard, like one hundred and fourteen miles per hour and stuff like that. Right strikeout percentage of twenty nine percent on the season. It was thirty three point seven percent in his one hundred plate appearances at Triple A, what's seven point one percent of the time there nine percent on the season with Saint Paul, he went two eighty six, three point thirty seven, four eighty four one ninety eight. I tho, and that was on the back of a four oh seven babbit. Ground Balls are just thirty six excuse me, thirty nine percent another time. The season fly ball rate at thirty one point six percent, so a lot of line drives, a lot of really hard line drives. Pull the ball forty four percent of the time. Swinging strike rate of fourteen point two percent. Watching some of his defense, he's a corner outfielder, but like outsair in the video, there's horrible camera work and we kind of catch it late, unfortunately. But Rob's a home run. You know, the most guys over the wall for that one, he just had the right stand there and reach up like I like to look at the rity. He's twenty six, but I think he's got I think he's got a chance. I don't know how much, how much run he'll get or but I think we're gonna see Carson mc custer in the Bigs at some point. Twins love their home run guys.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it's kind of a fun story. And I know he's big and he's long.
Speaker 2: He's huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's not struggling up there. It's not total struggle. Bus City seven fourteen stealing bats as well. I think you can kind of move pretty well, especially for a guy that size. Did you watch him? Did you? Did you hate this? Like? Uh, I don't know. Multiplicity version nine of Aaron Judge.
Speaker 2: I watched a little bit of McCusker. I do again, depending on your format, Like he's a power bat that should be rostered. And worry again at that kind of strikeout rate, like that's danger zone. If you're running a you know, thirty percent strikeout rate at triple A, it's going to be in the low thirties and the Bigs almost certainly, and you really really got to get to all your power to make that work. And even then it's a tough line to walk, right, there are very few people that can do it.
Speaker 4: If he's not like a double A like twenty seven eight percent. That's uh, that's palatable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he can keep that. But that's the thing is like for hitters, your strikeout rate generally goes up a couple points every level, and right.
Speaker 4: But ninety eight plate appearances your first try to pla Like, I don't know who's sticky that is.
Speaker 2: Kriet is pretty sticky and stabilizes pretty fast. So like that's one of the ones that I would look to and be like, okay, even in smaller samples, how fast. Oh, I don't have it off the top of my head, but it's like one hundred plate appearances or something like, it's.
Speaker 4: Well, he had two more tries before you could start calling that sticky, my friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not really how that works. Right, Like at ninety eight, you're like ninety percent of the way there and it's sticky or whatever, you know, like it's it's it's probably not too far off what you would expect it to level out at triple A and again tack on a couple of percent at stabilization in major leagues as well. But I do like guys with big loud tools like that, and he definitely can hit some homers and for a six eight guy he moves it pretty well. Like that's the one thing. Watching the video and watching him a bit in Saint Paul, I thought that he did move the outfield better than I thought he was going to. So that's something. That's something as well.
Speaker 4: So in those ninety eight plate appearances, my man here had eight balls struck over one hundred and ten miles per hour and got the power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he hits the ball, hits the ball hard. I actually wanted to highlight one other guy from the Saints this year. He didn't play a full year, which is a bummer because he was lights out to start the year after a thoroughly underwhelming minor league career before that. Will Holland is an outfielder's drafted out of Auburn in the fifth round in twenty nineteen, so he's been kicking around the miners for a while and has been mostly not very good, like slightly below average hitter at like every level, really good defender though, played shortstop for a lot of his minor league career, and then they've recently had him playing a lot more outfield, a lot of center fields and right field. Has an electric arm, He's really fast, plays good defense, so I think they've been trying to like, oh, is this a utility guy or whatever, and so they keep promoting him even though he isn't really hitting and isn't lighting the world on fire. And then this year swing change, almost certain of it that he did a total swing change. He was pulling the ball, he was hitting fly balls, and he went from or three hundred and forty one played appearances in double A last year to the tune of a sixty five WRC plus. Like he was poo in Double A as a twenty five year old, right, Like, that's a nobody, that's org depth, that's nothing, like maybe he's a defense first guy. This year they promote him and he starts the year for one hundred and forty five played appearances the one fifty seven WRC plus legit almost triples his WRC plus at a higher level. And it's totally because the battle ball profile completely changed. He stopped hitting it on the ground, he was pulling the ball. He's pulling in the air, and good things were happening. He doesn't hit the ball super hard, he does make decent contact, made better contact this year than he had in previous years. I don't think all of this was sustainable per se. But Will Holland really really intrigued me early this year, and I had one league where I had a couple of outfield injuries and I was like very tempted to pick him up, thinking like he might go the Deshaun Cursey route, where Cursey, also in the Twins organization, kind of floundered in the minor leagues for a long time and then finally put it together and got some big league run. I kind of think Holland is on that same track this year, and he might have gotten some run if he hadn't gotten hurt. And they said it was like a leg injury, like a hamstring, but a really bad one because he's been out for They put him on sixty day al and he didn't play after like June something, I think. So I was super interested in Will Holland, and if he'd been healthy and kept this up all year, I'm very sure I would have taken him over Olivar. But I had to shout him out anyway because Will will Holland was doing some really cool stuff and I love a developmental story like that where he just changed out of nowhere and might be a late blooming like actual big league outfielder, because yeah, he's he's a super good defender and athlete as well.
Speaker 4: On sorry, Matt, I did a lot of good choices he could have went with. Here. Let's see, we're talking about Sebbie Matthew's forty one percent, Charlie Soto twelve percent, Mirco Raya ten percent, kind of prile Up ten percent, Andrew Morris eight percent, Corey Lewis four percent. My guy from last year's the Colepepper, was at two percent. And then I think everybody else is here to one unless they might have traded somebody here or whatever. But what did you find this to be kind of a fun deciding hunting ground for arms or not so much?
Speaker 2: Not as much for me? This year I looked at a couple guys that just really I couldn't get too excited about. Like I think Andrew Morris, right, he was blow the threshold. Oh he was about the threshold. Yeah, I like, he's one that I had liked but hadn't loved in the past. Just looking at my list, you know, Darren Bowen is one that I've been interested in, but he was hurt most of the year. Who else do I look at. Yeah. Yeah, I mean there's been some others that I've been interested in in the past, like Matt Cantino I was super interested in a couple of years ago, and he just has totally flamed out and is I think toast he's a reliever only, and not even a good one at that these days. Yeah, So I wasn't overwhelmed by the options at this roster percentage level, and the guy I picked, I'm not super into either. With Ty Langenberg. We watched Langenberg, Yeah, he was on my shortlist. My notes on him were that is a bit of a Johnny right hander to me at like really long arm action. He's pretty tall, and I think he gets down the mound okay, but it's like he just stretches his lanky arm all the way back and seems to me that impacts execution sometimes, Like he's more of a control over command guy. In my looks, I thought, if you.
Speaker 4: Are a Johnny right hander, though, or you're an agent of a Johnny right hander, like being with the Twins is a pretty good place to be, I think, because I feel like they've kind of taken some Johnny right handers in terms of much more interesting.
Speaker 2: That is true, and that's kind of what I said, is that the overall package here, it's like, you know, ninety two ish righty with four steamer slider, change curve, maybe two I couldn't tell. I thought he maybe had a slower, sweepery curry breaking ball, and then maybe a tighter one as well, and then a change up in the load of mid eighties as well. It's like, that's the kind of prototypical clay that you start with as a right hander. That's why I kind of say Johnny right hander to me, does a good job with hitting the zone. You know, doesn't walk a ton of guys, not a lot of free passes. You know, most of his work this year was at low A, and you know, he threw a lot of innings, but it was more good than great, and I kind of wanted to see more. I wonder if he's going to struggle a bit if he goes up the ladder, if something doesn't take a big step forward. And I didn't quite see what that might be, like the slider. I was not overwhelmed by change up. Maybe there's something there, but I don't know. I was not overwhelmed by Langenberg, but he's my pick.
Speaker 4: Here, Matt, I am going to go to the guy who's maybe a bit opposite there and that I think the arsenal is really exciting looking. Well, we got to clean some things up here, right, but we're only at teenager. I'm going with Adrian Bejortez. No, you're familiar. It's nineteen years old to see her. Listen. At six ' one strong kid out of Venezuela. He pitched thirty six Complex League innings and then just sixteen third in able six games five starts on the season three twenty three ERA at one point zero nine, went four point one two x fit, struck out hitters twenty eight point three percent of the time and walked them twelve point three percent of the time, which is not great. And that what we like Mac in the arsenal man I have a pretty good straight on angel of him. I believe that's from Lakeland basketball. That's sixth ninety three to ninety five can get up there. More than that, I really like the look of his firm eighty six to eighty seven mile for our slider thingy cutter slider thing that just seems to drop off the table. He's got a high eighties curve of ball as well. I know, the walk rate doesn't look so great and the video you can see how he's loose and stuff can get away from him, you know at times. But like that particular outing wasn't so bad and it was what his but like his strike percent is just matt and is out in sixty seven percent, seventy two percent, sixty percent, sixty four, thirty two percent, sixty six. Right, so you've got a real inconsistent teenager here. Click on other side. I trust the Twins organization. I liked them with their pitching, and I think this is a pretty electric teenager that.
Speaker 2: Beforecas interesting Arsenal and I see what you mean about being pretty loose with everything, but some of the shapes and velocities and the way that it comes together, like when he locates those pitches that look pretty pretty impressive.
Speaker 4: So interesting what I liked about him to grant that these are like really small looks. But you're you know, he wasn't just like throwing fastball fastball, throwing a slider. Yeah, he's mixing the level of difficulty, right. The picture is and the sequencing that he was trying to that's cute I think it is is tough, and I've give him some points for that definitely, basically how lively some of that stuff is.
Speaker 2: Let's close it out with the Royals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Royals do my Royals arm just quick. Because it's a repeat from last year, I'm going it looks Aronde again.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 4: I thought he had a really nice season. Man, he just I was kind of waiting for him to get promoted and it never really happened. He's still pretty young, twenty one years old. Talking about a riety who's listed at six to three from Cuba. One hundred and ten innings last year all with Columbia two point nine four ERA one point zero two whip a three point four to nine X fit, struck out hitters twenty three point five percent of the time, wat them seven percent of the time. You know. I like the arsenal with that splitter that he has in there, the fastball velocity, and I think just characteristics and qualities from I think what Cleig was talking about the other day, like we're all kind of ticking up and moving in the right direction. I think he's just like ready for the next challenge. You know, it maybe wasn't like a huge leap in development, but I think he did develop some this year, and zero percent rosters still, and I didn't really love a lot of their zero to one percenters. So if he looks Aronde round two.
Speaker 2: Nice, we'll repeat there love little Felix action. I'm going with mine's going to super short too. I'm going with Evan Sisk. He's a reliever. I think, no doubt big league reliever, possible high leverage guy. You know, he hasn't gotten any of the pub of like a Yoho or somebody like that, but he punched out over thirty five percent of batters at Triple A this year. His stuff isn't like leap off the page electric, but you watch him pitch and it's ridiculous crossbody, low slot, lefty angle. I just think he's going to crush lefties in the bigs, and even righty's like it looks like he's got the stuff to get right. He's out as well. So I think, no doubt big league reliever, probable high leverage reliever, maybe a closer. If he tightens up the walks a little bit and things play like I think they're going to in the majors, roles put him on the forty, So he's going to be in the mix next year. Again, not hard to get super excited about relievers, but I think this is a name to file away for if you're you know, streaming relievers to help your ratios or pick up holds and stuff in leagues where that mattersw Cisk is going to be one of those guys. So cisc should be on your radar.
Speaker 4: I like that cool. I like that you went with a reliever. Won't you go to the bath side back?
Speaker 2: We're going party in Marroll's bat. We're going John Rave. We're gonna drop some ecstasy and get the deep house music going and pump up the lights and where we're going with John Raved? Is that m m eedm em?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Thank you John Rave? Is you know, not super exciting for Dynasty folks because he's going to be twenty seven or maybe already his twenty seven Happy birthday. John Rave looks like he turned twenty seven at the end of last year. Has been kind of an up and down performer in his long minor league career. This will be a sixth season, maybe also on the forty, oh maybe not. So he he isn't on the forty and nobody picked him in the Rule five. He's, like I said, going to be twenty seven this coming year. He just had a really good year in Triple A for Kansas City. Twenty one homers, seventeen bags went two fifty nine, three forty six, four seventy good for a one to eleven WRC plus. Hits the ball reasonably hard. You know, It's not like elite or anything, but it's above major league average. I think he plays good defense. He's a lefty, played all three outfield spots. Looks probably most comfortable as a left fielder to me, but he has definitely played some center and looks okay. And it just liked the kind of quality production across the board. He outproduced all of their other outfielders, you know, like Ty Gentry, Gavin Cross, Drew Waters, guys that have had much greater prospects Shine Rave outproduced all of them this year and did so pretty comfortably. So Rave is one that you know if you're relying on MJ. Melendez for a full year, or you know one of the other outfielders in Kansas City. I think Rave might be a guy who gets a shot if one of those guys get gets injured and is down for a significant time. Nothing elite across the board. Seems like just a bunch of fifties to me, like just major league gaverage across the board. But that's a decent player. So I think he's sort of a late bloomer that has a little bit of some some speed, can play the outfield. I think he's pretty good. John Rave, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Matt, this might be the wildest guy. But we talked about tonight. But my royal's bad. I'm going with Spencer Nivens. What the fuck happened to Spencer Nivens this year? Dude? Holy shit, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You tell me what happened.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know if there's been a more insane heater that like, has ever been this quiet before? He hit thirteen home runs in one month?
Speaker 2: Wow? Did he really?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Dude, check this out, man, this is great. I guess I'll give a little history here. He's one percent roster in September, twenty two year old corner outfielder. I think we did play a little bit of center field. He's a left delictit at five time. He's not real big. There's the fifth big out of Missouri State in twenty twenty three. Good year from Missouri State, folks. Huh Baldwin, Yeah, yeah, he spent yeah, all of this year was he was hurt a little bit at a couple of complex games, but ninety nine games in high A. All right, But dude checked this out, So Matt. From April fifth to July fifth, fifty one games, Nivens had three home runs. He was slashing one sixty one, two seventy nine, two fifty six.
Speaker 2: Right, that's not very good.
Speaker 4: Right. And then and then dude, July sixth to September twelfth, that's split in the season and a half, fifty three games, he hits eighteen home runs slashes three twenty two, three ninety two, six sixty eight. Wow. Like I said, Like I said, if you look at his monthly splits here, August he hit thirteen home runs three fifty two, four twenty seven, eight oh six. Log. Wow. This is not a guy who hit home runs in college. Kind of. Now, there was some injury stuff. I don't know how much that played into it, but I think we're talking about a guy who learned how to hit the ball out in the front and pull it and maybe get into the air somewhere. But in twenty twenty three he pulled the ball forty one point eight percent of the time. This season he was up to fifty two point eight percent of the time. And from watching him early in the season and later, I imagine that part of that increase was from the back half of the season. Didn't necessary really hit the ball like in the air more than than last season. I think it's just about hitting the ball out in front more and the dude's just kind of like learned how to hit some home runs now on the season. His whole line isn't like super impressive, right, Like, what the fuck was that?
Speaker 2: Man? Wow?
Speaker 4: Interesting in thirteen home runs in a month, and like nobody's talking about them. I don't know. I don't know if he's what he's going to look like, what he's going to be in twenty twenty five, how much of that is going to carry over it to double A and what have you. But I think a very interesting watch at the very least, here good shot. I wonder what the most home runs in a month in the minor leagues has been in recent history. Can't imagine a lot of dudes have gotten to thirteen.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine either. That's a lot of homers, especially when the only end of the year with like twenty something like thirteen is so many in one month, I know, like.
Speaker 4: The drastic first half second half splits there. All right, Matt, So I think that we did it. Huh, we got through six divisions. But let's go around. I'd say we drafted up, Matt. Some folks like, how would we prioritize some of these guys. Well, let's let's put it to the flame here and see how it takes out.
Speaker 2: All right, Tim's good, we'll do that next episode.
Speaker 4: You can. You can follow me on Twitter at Pitching Specks. Like I said, I'll share some of the videos Matt and I were we're looking at and talking about. But yeah, I'm getting the itch Matt, like it's this is the time of year where I'm like, all right, it's good to base dude.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you that out of the park baseball sim is sick, and that scratched the itch for me over the Christmas break for sure.
Speaker 4: So how many hours you put in on that.
Speaker 2: Thing, I'm not gonna say it's way too many. I mean, some of it was just because it was like on my computer, you know, while I was doing other stuff, because you just leave it on in the background, but like a kind of obscene.
Speaker 4: Number of getting that what might happen to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my wife. My wife definitely made some comments and they were they were deserved. You know. It was just maybe maybe playing a little too much. But now it's really fun.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty five is upon us, Matt. I'm looking forward to it should be a good year.
Speaker 2: Continue my race B side, pick dominance, and may we all win our dynasty leagues.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, except you can't win the ones I'm in with you. Yeah, we'll see, but be well, We'll let Chicago Farmer take this out and talk to you next time.
Speaker 2: Thadio's friends shining.
Speaker 1: Five miles an hour, riding to his head. He hop down first with the lumpbonius face, and on the very next pitch he up and stole second.
Speaker 3: Face with greatst be he wasn't born. He had dird yes uniform