Speaker 1: This segment is brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. If you're thinking about something special for dinner tonight, head to Plano. There's only one location of Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen, and it is in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway. They offer Dallas style pizza. They offer Chicago style, Detroit style, Tavern style, and New York style pizza, and readers of The Dallas Morning News have voted them the best pizzeria in all of DFW. There's only one location of Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. Again, it's then Plano Preston and Plano Parkway, but it is exquisite. They have an awesome bar, great place to watch games as well. The food is exquisite. We highly highly highly recommend Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this, And now it's time for Basis Sweet Day Day, featuring veteran news anchor Katie fun Tweets.
Speaker 3: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from.
Speaker 2: Around the world.
Speaker 4: As we reported on this show last summer, the penny is an unnecessary coin that takes more to produce than it doesn't actually exist. And President Trump has decided to tell the Treasury Department enough with the pennies already, so the pennies will no longer be minted.
Speaker 2: This is his greatest decree so far. This is a good one. This is a good one. Don't need anymore.
Speaker 5: So when people say pension pennies, people aren't gonna understand that anymore.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: I appreciate your two cents on that, but I feel I don't have to.
Speaker 3: You don't have to pay me anymore. Now you can just talk. Women used to have to pay two cents to talk. Now they're allowed on an inclusive show like ours.
Speaker 2: Have your kids ever held a penny been? I don't think so. I mean, I don't remember, like my kids.
Speaker 1: There's so much of that, the stuff that we grew up with that they don't know, Like I don't know. They've ever put a quarter in an arcade? Probably have never held a newspaper and taken a one hour dump or a playboy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, or a playboy.
Speaker 3: They've never found a playboy that they could hold in their hands in a shoe box under an older brother's bed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the dump thing in the playboy thing are not things that are going to significantly alter their life. Touching money is going to alter their life really good. I think the fact that they haven't touched money is going too ald.
Speaker 5: You spend more if you don't actually hold it in your hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's right, because it's not real. Yeah, they are.
Speaker 4: Going to absolutely have no concept of saving or anything.
Speaker 2: There's not no.
Speaker 3: You have to sit them down and look them dead in their eye like you do at the end of a show, and explain savings to them.
Speaker 2: You have to make them understand.
Speaker 4: It, and you have to do it in a way that they understand it too. Yes, that's the point, right, It's going to be impossible. I'm telling you parents out there, a guy with no kids, I think you I'm warranted to give some advice. Get a little bit of cash and let them learn what transactions are.
Speaker 1: Here's my kids understand. DoorDash transactions. My kids are ordering danger. Think about how much extra money they're spending in fast food just to have McDonald's delivered to them.
Speaker 3: It's insane. And by the way, nothing travels worse than fast food. They're they're paying triple to have worse fast food. Think about that concept.
Speaker 2: Tough. Yeah, that's tough. Rested peace.
Speaker 4: I got some feedback from a good listener who you know works in retails his cash here, and he's like, I can tell you we got enough pennies.
Speaker 2: We're good.
Speaker 4: Like I can make I can make the transactions work with the pennies we have now, So it's good.
Speaker 2: Then no more pennies are being made.
Speaker 3: Is anybody gonna do a story on what the mayor ward of the mav game last night?
Speaker 2: Is that? Who that was?
Speaker 3: So he was dressed up as John Wayne kind of more like John Wayne.
Speaker 2: Look, that guy's an idiot.
Speaker 3: Oh this is the municipal political talk we've been here.
Speaker 2: He is climate change turner. Are we all good on that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Eric Johnson's an idiot, right, I mean it's pretty it's pretty bold to win an election and go, you know what, I'm in the other party. I forgot to tell he's like with whatever's going good right now? Well, although I don't know why he would be hanging out the maps with whatever is like the new hot ticket and down. He's gonna try to rub shoulders with him, bro.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. He was that suck. He's corny.
Speaker 3: He was dressed like a mixture of an old Western guy mixed with a whiskey hipster. You know, he had a satchel. Was Ron Kirk the mayor? Yes, you bet your sweet ass. He's the only other mayor in town.
Speaker 2: I know. Mike Rawlings, Oh yeah, the Italian guy. Yeah, gave dir Ba, gave Dirk the key to the city. Don't you ever forget it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Now, who gave the key to the city to Michael Vick that one time? Because that was strange.
Speaker 2: I think that was Mike Rawlings, was it? I believe? So that was weird. Who gave the key to Irving to Kosner? I guess the mayor of Irving? Yeah, Michael Irving.
Speaker 4: I'll take you sight unseen, I'll give I'll give.
Speaker 2: The mayor of Irving more love than Eric Johnson.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, who was the mayor? We had on that partied was that the mayor of Irving was like the mayor of Grandberry. He had like a water problem Arlington that rules. He's friends of Galloway.
Speaker 3: He looked like he was playing in a July Alley blues band every Saturday.
Speaker 2: Some badass mustache. Yeah, that was Grand Prairie going to the horse races with him. Yes, he's right, let's go see the ponies run with that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he will not remember the time he jumped on ever with us seven months ago.
Speaker 2: He won't.
Speaker 4: Trader Joe's costco and sprouts now limiting purchases as well.
Speaker 2: That's a messed up only one or two.
Speaker 4: It's different for each story and can get a trailer Joe's off a sign up that says one I love.
Speaker 5: Is it messed up? Because you see I mean I saw footage where there was one person grabbing like all the egg cartons for a gree sale. I guess I know you got greedy people out there, so we have to do stupid stuff like this.
Speaker 4: That's fair, Yeah, the exam The only thing I would say against that, Christina, is that there are small businesses who have to get up early and they have to maybe they make breakfast tacos and they have to stock up. Yeah, and I don't know how if they have some type of free pass on that. Maybe there's some type of documentation that they provide that says I can get all the eggs today.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine going to Trader Joe's and having to present your egg papers it's terrible.
Speaker 2: I would suck.
Speaker 5: It does suck for them, but again it's all because of some idiot that ruined it for everyone.
Speaker 4: I mean, this was the whole thing with when people are freaking out of a toilet, paper and paper towels during COVID, people are so damn selfish.
Speaker 3: Have you guys seen the prices of eggs on stub Hub. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I would like to get a cart and one hundred and twenty five dollars plus fees. Denzel Washington is an interesting fellow. He's doing a play now and he says he's only doing a couple more movies and he's retiring. He's doing Othello on Broadway. It's the truth, thesbian Benulo Shakespeare, all right. He says he's got a line in it. The line is whither will you that I go to answer? This is your charge? And he says it's hard to get that line out because his tongue is swollen.
Speaker 2: The reason is.
Speaker 4: He bit his tongue almost half off a few months ago. It doesn't even say what he was doing, what, how was that not?
Speaker 3: But he said he bit half of it off, So I don't really understand he said, it's affecting his speech. It forced him to slow down. But how do you how does how do we not get to the bottom of how did he buy his tongue off? He has sex? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know how he bit his tongue off by It's shocking that they haven't said but he I hate to say it. It's falling off what he fell into this thing where he started making these equalizer movies. I think it was just easy for him to walk around as a badass, you know, killing everybody, all the bad guys or mean to prostitutes. And the last one was so bad. And then he was in another movie called The Little Things, and it's just like, oh my god, what is The Little Things caught.
Speaker 2: Up to him.
Speaker 1: It was like a murder mystery te movie and it was like, oh man, he got an old fast.
Speaker 3: It probably has to do with his age, to your point, like he's what mid sixties, he's seventy.
Speaker 2: Oh he's seventy. Yeah, there's not a.
Speaker 3: Lot of roles for seventy year olds. Yeah, and he's still being a badass.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He squeezed him into glading. You know what, didn't look good? Got it? On pay per view and just quit watching it a few minutes in. Oh no, did you watch it, Christina?
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 2: What I didn't see the first one?
Speaker 3: I don't think is that the one where he goes, are you not entertained?
Speaker 2: Is that Brave Heart or three hundred? Yeah, he was in.
Speaker 4: Paul meschol is the star of Gladiator Dose and Denzel's in it for some reason because he wasn't in the first one, right, although I guess it's a different time period.
Speaker 2: See the movie. I don't really know.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it back when the first Gladiator came out, Nobody in Hollywood would think to put an African American man in a Roman era movie. Yeah, and so I think they just like change. No, he was in it the first one.
Speaker 1: If I was in the first one, he was training a younger gladiator, and he was like showing him all the illegal things that he does to get by as a gladiator, like what he was training him. Okay, this is an Ethan Hawk joke. It's from the first Gladiator movie.
Speaker 2: Training Day, bitcha Oh training Day. Oh I never saw that one? Really? Yeah, I hurt. It's great what you've never seen?
Speaker 5: Training Day and that's why that that's why Denzel can never do no He can do no wrong in my eyes, like he's always gonna be a bad us.
Speaker 2: I don't care if he has bad movies or whatever.
Speaker 3: People should see Training Day just so they can see Ava Mendez completely naked.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good. You mean missus Ryan Gosling? Yeah, okay, I like that. She's real naked in it. Must see movies.
Speaker 4: Everyone's talking about the Brutalists because it's three hours and thirty five minutes, but it's gonna probably win all the awards at the Academy.
Speaker 2: Awards early much. Also, Paddington and Peru.
Speaker 3: Can't wait for this, dude, that bear finally goes to South America. I'm so excited about this getting great reviews. Yeap on Rotten Tomatoes already for a Bear Friday. Paddington in Peru.
Speaker 2: That's just legit. Paddington the Bear.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, not just any bear and padding the same Paddington that in Paddington two got a ninety nine percent.
Speaker 2: And on Rotten Tomatoes he went to prison in that one. Right, is McGregor going to or oyoy McGregor? I think that is.
Speaker 1: I said, you guys, you guys big time the movie Gladiator, but you're all excited about a movie about a bear.
Speaker 2: Dog, Paddington.
Speaker 4: The Rotten Tomatoes score will give Paddington a decisive victory over either Gladiator movie. In fact, any Gladiator movie that's ever existed. Paddington too is a warrior of a movie.
Speaker 2: He dogged you. I agree, brother, Paddington is a good movie. Thank you. He's going to Peru, now, dude, last cares? Who cares? The stuffed animal?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 1: He went to He can't kill someone ago? Are you entertained? He's just dumb bear. It's Ted's the stuffed animal. Paddington's a real person. He's a bear dude, and he wears a raincoat.
Speaker 2: He does. Bears don't like getting rained on.
Speaker 4: He's totally going to prove man looking for his amp grant Lucy.
Speaker 2: All right, dude, you gotta see it. No, I'm not interested in it. Coming up next, the Big finish.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Rangers have some theme nights. That's right, we'll talk about them next