Speaker 1: Is this one light in Bangkok? Yep.
Speaker 2: It is Murray Head's birthday today, digging deep for the rock birthdays. Here he seventy nine today.
Speaker 3: I remember the queens we have will not amuse you. Somebody says something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Gotta say I like the song, such a great pop hit, melody signature riffs. I wrote this, actually, remember you tell me you wrote that.
Speaker 1: Comedian Tom Maybe joins the show. That's Dave Jennings. I'm Dwight Whitting and right next to my left here is Tom Mabe said it earlier. Man, nobody, I swear to.
Speaker 3: Do you use the word reinvent like I'm trying to find myself?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, nobody reinvents comedy like you and here and here's what I mean. Everybody hates telemarketers, So tell themarketers start calling the house. You say, you know what, I'm a goof on them and record it. Nobody's you know, nobody's done that. You did it, and man, it was wildly successful.
Speaker 3: Wild I remember being down on Barstown Road and going to like I went to. I remember going to it used to be a galleria where you're radio. Yeah, yeah, I remember going to all these record stores your ecstasy and you see you would see like you know, Garth Brooks number three and the Strawberry one, number two, I forget her name, and then number one was Tom Mabe And I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, how does that make you feel? Man? Because that's back when they would scan cee these that I sound and they would rank them where they were, and.
Speaker 3: They go to sound scan and every Wednesday would be get a sound scan and see what they were.
Speaker 1: And somehow you become number one on the charts.
Speaker 3: It was a fluke. It was such a fluke because it was bittersweet because I always you know me, you know, I singer songwriter or not saying about you know, a jingle writer. We talked about Cunningham County. You know they're playing the heck out of my uh call the Plumber's name. So yeah, those are really old stuff. Yeah, but if you turn to h as or just say, you'll hear about twenty in my old gen. But my goal was to be a singer songwriter. I finally get in my little house off six Mile Lane back in the early nineties, I had I had a recording stoo with a two inch tape machine and I have pro tools before anyone else had it, had all these all and I had a little thirty seven dollar radio shot answer machine. And I get a sixth record deal on Virgin Records. It's crazy on a third on a recording I made and Virgin Records. Virgin Records. Yeah, Sky Hendrix was a capital. They said we're gonna do a Virgin Nashville. So I was like one of the very first artist signed to Virgin Nashville. And uh it was. It was bittersweet a guy. I'm like, no, I'm a I'm a songwriter. But I got as time went on, I got a TV show. Then in the movie, I got to do the music for the TV show and all that, so at least I got to do my passion. What do I like to do?
Speaker 1: So you come out and you uh really no.
Speaker 3: I came out? Was that Greg Hans Well, he said, my cousins a gay midget. He just came out of cabinet.
Speaker 1: What what What was the name of the album?
Speaker 4: Tom made Revenge, Revenge on the telemark So you come out with Revenge on the Telemarketers and they start charting and you go in you know, the gallery, and you see Tom made number one on.
Speaker 1: All these back when sell CDs just just just crazy stuff. So then you parlay that into stand up comedy, and that's quite different because man, when you're hanging out there by yourself on that stage, I got to tell you, if you die, it only gets worse from there.
Speaker 3: I remember so many times because you can't practice home, you got to practice, and I remember people leaving them at least the CDs are funny. Well no, but but you have to do it. I should have done a different name. But so Bo at the back, when Sobol was booking me in he would he would put me in a situation I had no business. I couldn't follow Peter b giving away T shirts from dj X at the time, and he's like, oh, you're headlining and you're gonna follow on. You know you're following Jay Scott Home was freaking amazing, and uh so I just started becoming a comic and I spent Now I'm bulletproof, you could parachuting in anywhere. I knew I wasn't going to be Chris Rocker someone that uber famous song I'm squeaky clean. On stage, I'm squeaky clean. So like, I just did a show at the Paramount Theater with a guy named Cleena's T Judd in Ashton, Kentucky. You know, and there was like kids there, and there was people in our eighties. So I do enjoy writing content that's clean and family friendly.
Speaker 1: So talking with Tom Made, and I'm talking about the evolution of Tom Made, because you keep reinventing comedy. So you go from the telemarketers, now you're doing stand up and then you say, you know what, why don't I start pranking people.
Speaker 3: I was out in LA and I was doing a guy named Bill Hand. Okay, if I remember I came out earlier. I came out of the cabinet Greg Hines, and I was and I did Donnie and Marie and you know you made, you know, you made.
Speaker 1: What's look we had? We We had Donnie Osmond on the show and you could not meet a more genuine great dude.
Speaker 3: Marie was a little stand office, so she was sweet. She was just like they were. They brought me out and and they played a clip. They never told anybody what the CD was. I just thought, and there's something dude having a conversation with somebody there and there's a producer. After clap, everybody everybody clapp and like yeah, and I'm like, no one at home is going to understand this. But I ended up getting like a regular gig up in New York with the on the headline news and you'll see in and all that I was doing the uh you know back what it was. It wasn't all politics. I was like, they're a don't get mad, get made, troubleshoot ten percent trouble maker. And and then I was out in California, dude, Donna Marie something. Someone hurt me on the camp. I say, hey, I know you're called my manager, which is just another jingle writer lived in Nashville. He said he cast sparky Chris Parker and said, hey, uh we know maids in town. When you want to come in and meet with us. And I didn't even know what an agent was. I went and met and they go to him. It's not a sign anything. We're not signing him, Adam Sanders and lobby and I heard someone say Dustin Hoffins on his way in. God, yeah, it's a big endeavor agency called Endeavor and now it's William Morris Endeavor and uh, I just told you have any TV ideas? And I just told my and and I left thinking I never heard from again. I think I had a layover in and uh in like shoot and wherever we were coming back with Dallas. We're coming from LA to to layover one of the Texas and Texas and I called Sparker, Hey, when anything to dude? They want you to turn around to come back. And we got a TV show FX signed as software bount with all these people and uh maybe it's called Maybe the USA. And we were out there shooting the show. And guess what happened while we're out there? I get up at that I cast Stiff Atkinson advertising.
Speaker 1: Hey George, Joe, I called this.
Speaker 3: Here's how I found out about what half. I said, Hey Jeorge the Tom Tom or Yeah, I'm out in California.
Speaker 1: Tom.
Speaker 3: How long have you been away? I said just like five minutes. Hey, did y'all get the dat I sent? You have the Taffle motor? I did all the Taple motor jingles. And she says, Tom, you had a TV around you go. You has to turn the TV on. And she said, my son was not plane. It was nine to eleven, and then it turned out to be her son missed the plane thing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And that was the craziest and we got stuck in LA and it turned out to be we were doing bits like a toxic I was doing the drunk piled at the airport before the man showed by, right, all these things that we did for and we get Our show never made it to the air on FX.
Speaker 1: But it eventually does as rebranded as Maybe America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, change it up.
Speaker 1: Wait if you get me. If you asked me, I think it's a better fit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone says maybe in America anyway. So that was on cmt uh. Then we went there with lions Gate did a movie called Actual Born Prancer had all these kids roaming at Wood and us rode e vitally, all these up against influence will come to my house and sleep on my basement and we would collab and they would learn from the old guy me.
Speaker 1: You know, is it weird seeing yourself on a movie screen or did you go to the movie or did you just say, hey, you know.
Speaker 3: Our buddy Cato, what you met with? You hung out with.
Speaker 2: So crazy?
Speaker 3: Dwight and I had a we were a question for like two weeks in a hotel in Burbanking and Cato would bring us beer. Sneak as beer.
Speaker 1: Here's what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Tom picked me to be a Uh, don't bother the show. Just answer your phone. Tom picks me. Tom picks me to be his partner on the Amazing Race.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Neither one of us, neither one of us want to do it.
Speaker 3: We tell them ten times we don't want to do so, we don't want to do it. In New York, Kentucky, boys, you're gonna be a hit.
Speaker 1: And then at one point they say, hey, you know what, you've missed this deadline. We say, okay, that's finally go no, no, no, no, But we're gonna make an exception. They say, come out to l A. Just have a you know, free couple of weeks out here with us, free food.
Speaker 3: LA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go. We'll do that. We get out there and they say, hey, you're sequestered to your room. You can't leave the room without a production assistant. Don't ever leave or you're off the show.
Speaker 3: And we snuck Kato.
Speaker 1: Well that's the thing. Tom. Tom makes it like two days he goes and by the way, they said no drinking. He said, yeah, I got to really have a beer.
Speaker 3: And I'm like I do when I'm a drink. Yeah, I'm in a This is back right before the check liver Lake came out.
Speaker 1: So, uh, he makes a call here, a knock on the door. I go over and open the door and there's Kato Kaelin standing with two cases of beer. Yeah, and then we make prank phone calls in our hold.
Speaker 3: Do you guys just go ahead and say for you guys to pack up and leave. They've decided not to use you. I want to.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about what you got going on now, because there's a lot of times in between what we're talking about now and you reinventing comedy and this is calm, but it's also fascinating because they're real conversation. Here's what I'm talking about. This is what comedian Tom Mabe's doing right now. It's a series called Dead dead Men talking digging up the Dirt.
Speaker 3: Dead Men talking, digging up the dirt. That's right.
Speaker 1: And you can see this if you go to Facebook and you go to Tom Mabe Comedy. Some of these are already up. But it's quite fascinating. I can't believe that nobody has done this, and it's also terrifying. Yeah, So you've had conversations. This is just a few Colonel Sanders, JFK, Lee, Harvey Oswald, Hank Williams, Senior, Billy the Kid. It goes on talk about this because I find it quite creepy.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, it was very interesting to hear. I just wanted to see what you know, you can you can ask you know, chat GPT or whatever and go, uh in first person, I want to have a conversation with JFK. And and I would go, you know, how did you die? He said, I was murdered. I go, did you think Lee? What did Lee Harvey Oswald murder? He said he did not alone. And He's like they're going out and grabbing all the all the information that's online and they're making their own thing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And it's very controversial and it's real. It's really cool. So I get this, I'm texting this, I'm doing this on my iPhone. And then I then I go find an interview with with JFK and I clone his voice.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Then I go find a picture of that's public domain or or buy the picture. Each of these things anytime you make more if you if you put a comma, I could not have done this thirty years ago, I was broke, but now I maybe, like, you know, I'm to the point where I can, I don't have to work as much as I had to, so I can like invest in it. So it's the most people are freaking out, and it's like I'm having a real conversation with Lee Harvey Oswald or Lee's like, I'm innocent, dude, I was a pant patsy. You know, it's so amazing.
Speaker 1: It's creepy if you watch too, because again it's called dead men talking, digging up the dirt. It's creepy because you do have a photo. You'll ask the question just like any other interview.
Speaker 3: The camera's on you, and while I'm talking, the photo will look at me. Huh huh.
Speaker 1: And that was even more creepy because we just watched the Colonel Sanders one and it cuts away from you while you're still talking. It gets on Colonel Sanders and you could see that this thing is reacting how someone being interviewed would react.
Speaker 3: Billy the kid was I said, did you ever have a real job? And might not get a real job? And you start laughing. You know, I did have a job. I worked in the kitchen at this chateau lawn and in New Mexico at this hotel or whatever it was, and he laughed, he's matching my energy.
Speaker 1: Don't you find that creepy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do. I do.
Speaker 3: And the people told me, someone's dude, you look so lifelike. No real, I'm real.
Speaker 1: But look the interviewees, it's it's limitless. I mean you could get Frank and Jesse James.
Speaker 3: I mean, you gotta be careful how you do it. But I would really be curious. You know, he's an ass, but I really be curious about him, or has to say that would be a creepy that'd be Or what's the guy who owned the the Jeffrey Epstein. That would be Elvis. You're doing one to day.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you about Elvis. You do one of these on Elvis Presley. One of the odds that the state will sue you.
Speaker 3: Well, there there's a there's laws in each state. Now. Parody is amusing, infringement is confusing. So if I made it like the Colonel Sanders that you just saw, I made it Colonel Sanders. What do you think about them moving the KFC headquarters from Louisville to Texas.
Speaker 1: You can't. I can't surprise ending surprising.
Speaker 3: But I went in and manipulated his answer, so there's parody. So it's again. You know, you've got south Park. South Park can do it. But if it's like Elvis or something, you know, I started on Elvis. Now I he died, he's the ice. My my girlfriend Ginger has spent night and all this. That's it's amazing. All of these entertainers, like I did, Hank Williams, what would you do differently? And it all comes back to addiction and eating and drinking and they wish they would have taken better care.
Speaker 1: It could be quite interesting to ask Sinatra about the mob years.
Speaker 3: Wow, you know, yeah, we're doing Maryland, We're doing Yeah, she's next. He's one of the next ones.
Speaker 1: But you got to see these. It's indescribable. You got to see it to believe the cause dead men, uh talking digging up the dirt.
Speaker 3: Find this on Facebook, Tom Made Comedy and we're starting to blow them on YouTube. I think I had one on my Made in America. You know, it's so funny because a lot of times I keep the algorithm up. We got to post multiple times a day, so we'll do like these little silly games where we're throwing ping pong balls and red solo cups. But now that I'm back to this, I'm like, yeah, Daddy's home. I want to be creative.
Speaker 1: It's such a mind blowing concept. And once again you did it, and I thought, man, I got it. Somebody think about that, you know. But you know, and when you get the idea and you say it would have strikes you. How nervous are you that you're gonna get on the internet and.
Speaker 3: Someone else has done it? It's gonna well, you know, you know, you know my history, how many how many TV shows are in the air right now because it was my idea? I know, yeah, the biggest remember the biggest loser. Mine was the big fat loser. No, I know, I met with that production company depends, So you can't, you know, the first one of makes it, the TV wins. You can't copyright an idea. You can copyright a melody or script, you know, So it's you know, it's flattering. I used to lose sleep and I'll go, oh my gosh, you just stole all this money from me because I could have made it. But I do a bubba focus group. But I got like people like you and a few. Other guy got ten fifteen people, and I knew, I knew I had it. I knew this was gonna be a good one. When two people lifelong Bubba focus group members, they're ghost to me now, and one guy sent me one that he did. Oh no, people don't care. It's like, oh, I want to do my own. I love that idea. I would have done when I was twelve, not when I'm fifty.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Look you got to see these two. Believe them. It's dead men talking. Digging up the dirt with comedian Tom Mabe Colonel Sanders. He interviews jfk Lee, Harvey Oswald.
Speaker 3: And he is a drawing. It's interesting, he's a drawing. But it looks really good.
Speaker 1: Billy the kid.
Speaker 3: That's gonna come out.
Speaker 1: Augusta say, is well done.
Speaker 3: Meets Man.
Speaker 1: You never let us down. And I asked you you come on talk about you, Jesus.
Speaker 3: And Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: That would be a really good one, it said, double interview. Hey Dave, who do we have? Man? Bar knows Pizza brother, Ah yeah, Baronos Pizzas Louisville Stop Pizza. The pizza that constantly gets back to the city of Louisville, Southern Indiana surrounding areas. When's the last time you've been to Baronos Third and Market. It is absolutely gorgeous in the perfect place, the perfect place to go to before any U of L game, any Young Center event. And he sent it for the art events, anything, downtown, bats, baseball, you name it. It's the way to start it off. Baronos Pizza is how we kick off every single weekend. Amama Baronos, A couple number one, tikilas and oh weekend, I'm kissing, you're on your mouth, Accept no substitute. Baronos Pizza Dining, carry out a delivery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's that good.
Speaker 1: Stick around more on the Way, News Radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 2: And if you come back out to your car after that game or the restaurant and somebody backed into you, they're gone. They didn't leave a note. Now you got to deal with the body shop. That is not a problem anymore. Don't have to deal with the insurance company either. Thanks to the simplebodyshop dot com, simple, fast and affordable. Go to the website dsimplebodyshop dot com just click on the services that they have. Choose a service and all of the prices are there. No mystery, five days to fix. The insurance company shares information with the body shop and several thousand dollars or exchange. No, no, this is same day stuff, same day service. You don't have to get a rental car. If your hood's all dinged up and scratched, they can completely fix it. Back to new for five hundred dollars, not fifteen hundred, not twenty five hundred, five hundred. If you backed into something or somebody hitching your tailgates all messed up, back to new four hundred fifty dollars. Door side swipe four hundred dollars. Again, no insurance company, and this is same day service. Thesimplebodyshop dot com redefining the neighborhood body shop. They're out in Jtown, just off the Gene Snyder Freeway at Taylorsville Road. Back after this news radio eight forty WHJS.
Speaker 1: What a great record. Oh yeah, we listen to this in the Southern covered hot tub a lot.
Speaker 2: You probably watch the Pulse DVD right which has You'll tell your album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have that that that pulse Con is absolutely amazing. That was the Division Bell tour. I believe. Anyway, the reason we're hearing this is because this weekend, Yes, it's time to screw with everybody's internal clock for no reason whatsoever exists. Be stupid daylight savings time is this weekend.
Speaker 2: So we lose an hour of sleep.
Speaker 1: We lose an hour of sleep. And look, man, I don't see fifty four percent this is from a Gallop poll. Four percent just want to ditch the practice all together, or or go forward.
Speaker 2: To half an hour this weekend and be done with it, be done with it.
Speaker 1: Forever and just say you know, that might present a problem because you're half an hour off, but you could just say okay, in Mexico it's minus three and a half hours or minus two and a half hour, whichever way you go. But my point is nobody wants this thing. It's the property taxes of of clocks.
Speaker 2: That sounds like an album title, the property taxes of clocks, like cold Play.
Speaker 1: But anyway, this weekend is when you're supposed to spring forward, ring forward, and fall back.
Speaker 2: What that means, though, is the daytime is gonna get longer, which is okay for me because we can. We like to sit outside into the evening hours.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't care. You want longer days, leave it there, you want shorter days, leave it there. I'm fine anyway. Whichever way, you all get together and you decide what you want more of, and I promise you just as long we no longer set the clocks. Here's the problem.
Speaker 2: Did we ever get the actual explanation for daylight savings time? I've heard fifty different things. No, the kid that's dark. That's cool about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, then do it whichever way doesn't affect that. But here's the problem. If you have a dog, most dogs, thank you, skittles, most dogs. Most don't have wristwatches. And here's what I mean. They have little internal dog clock they do. Now it's spring. Is not so bad because we're springing forward in the fall. Let's say you go to bed at ten o'clock at night, all right, and now you sit your clock back and you get up at six thirty in the morning. Now your dog's eternal clock is set for five thirty in the morning, and all they know is, hey, it's time to get up and breakfast and go wee wee and do do it's a pain in the ass that does.
Speaker 2: There's a funny meme that went around where it's two dogs looking up at their owner at daylight savings time. They're like, I know it's I know it's time to eat, and she's telling me it's an hour. This is bs man. Now. My dog Charlie got the rest of soul yead about twenty minutes before I went home. He'd hop up on these little cubes we have by the window and wait, they know. They knew when I was or he knew when I was coming home.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. The dogs know patterns, and they remember patterns, and they live by internal patterns and anyway, so hopefully one day we can abolish that. Here's a new term that I am very familiar with. Yes, meeting hangovers. A new survey finds that more than ninety percent of employees experience meeting hangovers. The can derail productivity long after the meeting's end. Talking about these meetings were you know, the meetings. It could have been an email. And we go to a lot of meetings, Dave, and sometimes we go to meetings where it's the entire staff and if if if it's radio DJs in there with you. Everybody feels like they have to be.
Speaker 2: Funny and or ask a question to show how brilliant they are.
Speaker 1: Right, and here's what I would like to do. Let's have the meeting and everything needs to be said, and then say this. Okay, Now, if you want a horse ass around and joke around and their body, now's the time to do so. Or if you have stupid questions, now is the time. Anybody else can be dismissed.
Speaker 2: Well, it messes with the natural rhythm of the day. Absolutely, things you're supposed to be doing, you're going through them in your head. And then when the meeting finally ends after seven and eight questions to wrap it up, you can't get back into your groove. No.
Speaker 1: I remember we used to have meetings once a week for no reason, and they would go on for like two hours.
Speaker 2: To justify the existence of those having the meeting.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what it is, because it was two hours. None of the information was real world that you could It was never practical, It was never practical, and all it did was it maybe want to just be done.
Speaker 2: With the day.
Speaker 1: And now here it is ten o'clock in the morning and I'm done.
Speaker 2: You know yep, time for cocktail.
Speaker 1: It's almost spring break time. And I had no idea how much the landscape of destinations for spring break has changed.
Speaker 2: No, people are just going to regular cities now.
Speaker 1: It's unbelo.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Why okay, well we're gonna get that.
Speaker 2: You can drink here.
Speaker 1: Triple A just revealed the top ten destinations for spring break for twenty twenty five. When I was growing up, we went to Daytona for high school spring break, and then I didn't go to college, but I went ahead and did seven tours of college spring break because it was fun. It was always Daytona.
Speaker 2: I used to go down and visit my grandparents on spring break. I was in Tallahassee and they were down by.
Speaker 1: Fort Myers Beach, So you were Florida though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was in Florida, but I didn't do the wild, crazy college spring break stuff.
Speaker 1: And then people started going to South Padreau Island in Texas for a period. Then it shifted back to Panama City. And I think what they do is the just kick these spring breakers out of a town. They'll go the one, next one, and then they'll say, you know what we shure to have missed that revenue, and.
Speaker 2: Then they're welcome. I'm back. They'll trash the city again.
Speaker 1: Let's do Top ten. This is by Triple A. A released the Top ten Destined as for spring Breakers. Oh Man Buffet, number ten, Charlotte, North Carolina. Why well, the Billy Graham Museum. Oh okay, uh Andy Griffith. I'm trying to think of reasons. Mountains, m no, I okay, Let's move to the next one. Then ray for that's one. Dave Chicago, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Oh you want to you want to die?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Death wish seven? Numbering break Chicago?
Speaker 1: Will you go to I don't know, different strokes for different folks. I want to see a beach in boobs. What are the chances in March you're gonna see boobs in Chicago? Nobody's gonna be you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: A juicy small A can find a couple for you.
Speaker 1: Number eight. We finally get to Florida. Tampa, Florida.
Speaker 2: Why Tampa. Well you go to Clearwater, which is just a little south.
Speaker 1: I guess you go Lightning games NHL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, spring break hockey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, seven o'clock or seven o'clock. Number seven stowing that spring break or the clock story. Uh number seven Anaheim or Los Angeles, California?
Speaker 2: No, thank you no.
Speaker 1: And number six who in the world what college kid could afford this? Honolulu, Hawaii? And by the way, I have no desire to ever go to Hawaii. I don't either. I'll tell you why.
Speaker 2: The flight bingo.
Speaker 1: And okay, So you're a college kid in your spring break, you lose two days going there used to back. Will you go drink on the beach and have TC's island hoppers take you around for like a day.
Speaker 2: I can go to Saint George Island and the Panhandle'll be just as happy. Here's a beach. I didn't get on a plane.
Speaker 1: My wife and I we get to Mexico in five six hours? Yep.
Speaker 2: God, well I think it's five or six hours after LA. Isn't it to get out to Hawaii?
Speaker 1: Well, at least isn't it like a twenty four hour altogether?
Speaker 2: Quite that?
Speaker 1: But but I'm talking layovers and the whole bit. No, that was Australia. I had a bite lived in Australia and he tried to get me come out there down there wherever, And I said, well, how long is the flight. He said, well, all, I'll be around twenty four hours. I said, man, that and that's before that's been one. It was just regular airplane. Now they got like airplanes that have like a cubicle in it. Have you seen this? Yes, I could do that. I wish I could get a cubicle just to go to Mexico. All right. Number five is New York, New York.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, let's do some shows.
Speaker 1: Number five. Number four is Miami, Florida. Okay, I can see that makes sense. You called number three and I have no idea how you called this Atlanta Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Is the third most popular spot.
Speaker 2: It's just a big city for spring breakers. Number expensive bars.
Speaker 1: Number two, it's back baby, but it's not numberumber one. Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Yep.
Speaker 2: They're the ones that kicked him out, brought him back, kicked him out, brought him back. Panama said he did that too.
Speaker 1: Fort Lauderdale was they were popular before Daytona.
Speaker 2: Though, right, yep, that was like the original hotspot. Wow, okay, number one, but there's number two.
Speaker 1: Number two was fort number one, or Lando, Florida. It's landlocked.
Speaker 2: There's no beach there, No, there's not And who could afford to go to Disney Nobody. I don't get the adult Disney people. I don't need to go over and over and over again. If that's your thing, that's fine. I came across and we've all said this, we're all happily married and happy that we don't have to do a date in this environment. Well, there's a new dating term. Have you heard of this. It's called flood lighting.
Speaker 1: I have no idea if it has to do with big ariolas. Maybe you know, Okay, well you missed one hundred percent of the shots you don't take.
Speaker 2: That is true. So if you've ever poured your heart out to someone on the first date, or had it happened to you, you may have experienced floodlighting. It's about using vulnerability as a high intensity spotlight, says Jessica Alderson, co founder of the dating apps so syncd quote. It involves sharing a lot of personal details all at once to test the waters, speed up intimacy, or see if the other person can handle these parts of you. It can include the person pouring their heart out in the early days of dating about everything from their previous relationships to childhood trauma, all in an effort to rush an intense emotional connection. But unlike just being vulnerable, flood lighting is a manipulative tactic used to force a bond. It's like trauma dumping with the purpose, and she warns it can be emotionally taxing to handle such intensity and feelings and a short amount of sense.
Speaker 1: So you're trying to get the other person to partner to feel sorry for you.
Speaker 2: I guess is that it talking about your axes, that you're beaten as a child and lost five jobs and all these different things like well, whoa, whoa, how.
Speaker 1: Don't they talk about your axes? Is gonna help you gain any ground?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Now talking about so a trauma or something that might be Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Maybe we should go home and sleep together and make you feel yourself feel better.
Speaker 2: Floodlighting. Flood light another thing we don't have to worry about. Nothing. You would ever do that?
Speaker 1: No, I would never who would want to go? I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with my wife? Why how I wound up with her? It was a bat It was probably the cooking I did with all of the stuff I got lots of pasta baby what.
Speaker 2: Dot com. You should see the craft beer selection when you walk in there, some on the shelf or something to the right on the counter in the back by the coffee. Before you go into the coffee shop, there's cold You can have a cold beer at Lots of Pasta. An amazing collection of craft beer. Quinton, good job, my man, And the best dell in the city happens to be there too. I love the chicken salad so unique. It has curry in a little slivers of almonds. Not a big nut guy, but I like them when they're just little and just that's a little bit of crunch, and they got clery and a little bit of pineapple. Tuna salad is right there, straightforward, all natural ingredients. Get a hot panini and for this weekend or tonight, even if you don't want to do any cook in the games. At nine o'clock, throw a lots of pasta baked zd in the oven. A couple hours they had have a late dinner. Order some chips and dips. My wife loves the hummus. The best hummus she's had is right there, made homemade at Lots of pasta and all week long, often on probably two three times a week, we make our own pizzas with the dough, with the crust, with the cheese, the all important shredded mozzarella, fresh mozzarella cheese from lots of pasta. And I love the pepperoni that you get. You get a whole and you can slice it thicker. You can get fat ones or you can get thin ones, and they're not as greasy as that grocery store Hormel stuff. Lots of pasta Louisville dot com.
Speaker 1: You would have perked up those eggs. A rattlesnake cheese, baby, it's a Wisconsin cheddar that's infused with hob and arrow and tequila. Makes you actually look forward to your breakfast. All right, stick around the way.
Speaker 2: Compare the rattlesnake cheese to the Carolina Reaper cheddar.
Speaker 1: That Carolina repertcheder ain't no joke, man. I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 2: And you can get small sample sizes. Yes, so you'd have to commit to a wedge.
Speaker 1: That's right. That's right. Lots of pasta, baby, all right, back to wrap it up. In just a few minutes, there was ready to wait forty w h A s