Speaker 1: I'm in trouble because the first service, I explained what I'm going to explain to you, and I explained that the most important part of the message is the part I'm trying to get to that is very hard to get to. That I want to spend the most amount of time, but by the time I get there, I have the least amount of time. And so I'm trying to tell you, get your heart ready. But before I do, I just want to pray. Don't feel like you have to stand, you just sit, but close your eyes for a moment. Lord Jesus, Oh, we just welcome you, Father. We just steady our hearts before you. We steady the posture of our heart before you. We just present ourselves before you a living and holy sacrifice. After all that worship that we sang, after all that prayer we did, we just present ourselves unto you. We present the soul of our life, our mind, our will, emotions, the fabric of who we are. And we asked that you would just come and blow through that this morning. And I know you've already been doing that as we've worship and as we've prayed, and as we've honored you this morning. I know you've been doing that, but now I'm asking you go that as we present who we think we are before you this morning, that you would just come into that realm and just begin to mess us up. I'm asking God that this morning would be a morning not only a breakthrough, but of radical transformation. That we would see you so clear this morning that who we thought we were, any false identities, lies, deception, it would just melt off of who we are are.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: I'm believing for that grace this morning, and I'm believing that You're about to do some cool things and I'm on board. So you say whatever you want in the name of Jesus.
Speaker 2: Amen. Well, I'm so glad to be here.
Speaker 1: When the request came in to preach this morning, immediately I knew it was a yes from my heart because the moment I got the request, I heard the Lord say the language of love and how that never happens to me usually. I'm praying, I'm my Lord, help me, God, what do you want to say? And it just came to me and I knew right away, Okay, I have to do this, And as he did it, he gave me three categories of this topic that he wanted me to address, and I'm gonna get to all three of them, and the first two I'm barely gonna scratch the surface of. And I'm gonna move fairly quickly. So if you miss something, there's probably a recording. But if you miss them, just don't worry about it. Keep staying with me, okay, because if you somewhere too long, you'll you'll miss the next thing.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna move pretty quickly. Don't be overwhelmed. Your heart might feel like like it's in Jesus' name.
Speaker 2: Okay, this makes sense.
Speaker 1: So when the language of love came to me, the Lord highlighted three different categories he wanted to talk about, and this the topic of love. If you're looking at love as itself, the topic of love is actually a common theme all throughout scripture. If you're looking in the garden, if you're looking at the Law of Moses, if you're looking through all the judges, through all the Prophets, through the Psalms, through the Proverbs, the Wisdom to the New Testament, Jesus, you're going through all the epistols. Everything, you're going through all the topic of love. Is like, for God so loved the world that he gave right, he loved the way. That's that's that's who he is. That's the purpose of Jesus because of the Father's love. If you're looking at when they came to Jesus, like, what's the greatest commands? And he says, you must love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, all your strength. And you must love your neighbor as who yourself.
Speaker 2: And then you have Paul writing the three.
Speaker 1: What three things last forever? It's faith, hope, and love, and the greatest is love. Right, So it's a common theme that we find throughout scripture. And then Jesus says, if you love me, you will obey my commands. So it's kind of interesting because love demands and obedience the love is voluntary. What he's saying is that if you love, if who you are is love, the direct reflection result of it is obedience and honor to the Lord. It's not a twisting your arm. It's a privilege you step into.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the first category I want to go into, it's words of love.
Speaker 2: Say that with me. Words of love.
Speaker 1: In Proverbs chapter eighteen, verse twenty one, Solomon writes, the tongue can bring life or death. Those who love to talk will reap the consequences. Come on, now, I love to talk, and the word consequences is not necessarily a negative connotation. We speak day today as though it is, but it's not. It just means those who talk will reap the fruit of what they're saying. Okay, So when my wife and I just got married, we got married pretty young. I was twenty, she was eighteen. I'm from the slavin culture. We get married young, we have big families, and we go to work when we're ten. Okay, that's just what we do, and so don't ask me questions about that. But when we got married, you know, I figured out pretty quick that just because I want to go doesn't mean we're going right, or just because she wants to do something doesn't mean she's going to do it. You know why, because there's a tension between what she wants.
Speaker 2: What I want. And we're pretty young.
Speaker 1: So maybe you're smarter than us and you figured it out pretty quick, but there was some tension sometimes, okay, And yeah, we didn't project it on people because we learned how to keep it to ourselves. But you know, there was tension, and so what happened was through this tension, there was a frustration.
Speaker 2: That would build up.
Speaker 1: And I don't know why it works this way, but when there's a frustration that builds up, somehow it has a connection to your tongue. I don't know how it works, but when you frustrated, it's like it activates in your tongue with you say things that in two minutes you regret. You know why, because it's coming out of a place that's probably not love.
Speaker 2: And so you say things that you regret.
Speaker 1: And so in the beginning of our marriage with the Lord began to challenge both of us with is biting our tongue And I'm not talking about like a you know, a mental kind of body like physical.
Speaker 2: Biting your tongue. And I was asking the Lord, why are you asking us to do this?
Speaker 1: We're not trying to be better, because if you try to be better and you become better, that's a work of the flesh, not the work of the spirit.
Speaker 2: So why are you asking us to do this? And he said, because I want to teach you the value of your words. See, Jesus is the word of God. Right, And in the garden, God said, let there be the word created everything we see and the function of everything that's happening around.
Speaker 1: Us his word. What if you and I were to value our words the way he values his? Okay, So the language of love, it starts with the words of love. And so as we were biting our tongue and Jesus was showing me these things, I realized.
Speaker 2: My good words are like they're like seeds.
Speaker 1: Right, You say something and you didn't see the effect of it, but it's hurting somebody deep deep within. Like I found out years later some of the things I said to some people that actually hurt them so bad, and I didn't know because I was just you know, it's naive or whatever you would to call it. But I said things that were not out of a place of love. But it was a seed that festered in somebody's life that I never addressed, or was never addressed, or they didn't protect their heart, but it was a seed that festered and it caused them harm.
Speaker 2: And that's just what words do. They're like seeds. And if we use the seeds that come out of our mouth to build people up, my goodness it will be beautiful.
Speaker 1: So what we have is we have WWJD. Somebody tell me what that is. What would Jesus do? I have a new one for you this morning, ww js What would Jesus say, Come on? Would he honor somebody with his words? Or would he gossip? Would he encourage an individual or would he discourage?
Speaker 2: Would he build them up? Would he tear him down? What would Jesus do? What would he say?
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna stay here any longer because we gotta go, We gotta go. I'll make a quick mention James Chapter three, you know that chapter on the words, just the power. He said, you can make grand speeches with words, and then you can throw your whole life into flames just because of the words he use.
Speaker 2: Right, but he says in verse two, very very crazy.
Speaker 1: And he says, the one who learns to control the tongue is perfect, being able to control the rest.
Speaker 2: Of their life.
Speaker 1: Oh, my goodness, the power of the ability to use this profoundly and for his glory. Put your hand on your lips through creakes, say Jesus, help me use the words that come from love in Jesus' name. Hey man, now put your hand on your neighbor, say Lord, make them perfect. If you know what I meant, you know what I'm at all right, So next topic I want to go into. Our next category of this topic is the acts of love. It's talked about the words of love a little bit. The acts of love. I believe personally that the acts of love is one of the most powerful tools of yours and mine warfare in this earth, like amongst each other and in the world amongst the unbeliever, like our ability to be have an action of love that comes from love, or an action that shows or demonstrates love to one another. I believe that's one of the most powerful things we have on the earth.
Speaker 2: So in.
Speaker 1: Matthew chapter five, Jesus ushers in a new an interesting perspective where he you know, and he says, you know that the law says the injury, the penalty must match the injury. Where he says, if somebody takes your eye, then you must take their eye. If somebody breaks your leg, you break their lege. Somebody takes your wallet, you take their house. I don't know, like you know what I'm saying, Like it shouldn't match, right, But he said, I say, unto you do not resist the evil person.
Speaker 2: Love your enemies.
Speaker 1: And he says, if somebody slaps you on one side, what do you do turn the other cheek?
Speaker 2: Says. If you go to court and they take your shirt, give him your coat? What says?
Speaker 1: He says, if a soldier demands that you carry their gear for one mile, to carry it for two.
Speaker 2: Let me bring it into context.
Speaker 1: If your boss requests that you do something outside of your job description, you go above and beyond into their job description. All right, acts of love. I'm gonna share a few stories. Then we're gonna go into the next category. I had a brother who now passed away. Once again, we have big families. I'm not gonna get into that one. But I had a brother who passed away. He was two years older than me and the closest brother to me. I was the youngest, he was the second youngest. We had a phenomenal time living on earth together. It's pretty cool. And when I was about thirteen years old, God actually spoke to me. And I didn't give him my life or anything, but he spoke to me. He said, Roman, I want you to change your relationship with your brother. And I was like, what in the world, okay, And when we growing up, we just fought all the time, and we fought so much that the nature of our friendship became like our high would be like a smack. Like literally when we would greet each other first time we saw each other day, should.
Speaker 2: Whack me upside my head. That's just the way we did it. It's not abused, it's just the way we said hi.
Speaker 1: But I didn't like that anymore, and I didn't feel like that was who we were. And so one day he was coming home from where he can God challenge me. He said, no more of this. And uh, I was about thirteen at the time, and I was phoning the laundry up on the stairs and he was walking up to go to the hundry.
Speaker 2: End I knew what was coming.
Speaker 1: He walks past me, slap side my head, and I'm just folding the laundry, and I didn't do a thing. Usually i'll whack him in his leg and you know, be like, what's up. You know, that'll be like anyway, but you know, sometimes one thing turns into it and gets violent.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I'm not gonna get into it.
Speaker 1: So so he passes me three steps after whacking me, and then he stops and he does he does one of these, and he goes back.
Speaker 2: He looks at me.
Speaker 1: It's like I missed the point. It's like he's saying, well, what's up. Yeah, and he whacks me again. And I'm folding the laundry.
Speaker 2: And the words that Jesus says turn the other.
Speaker 1: Cheek, and he's like, he's now uncomfortable, because you know, you can imagine. And so what he does is he starts whacking me. He's like, I know you want to hit me.
Speaker 2: I know you want to. I had him a bag or whatever.
Speaker 1: And then I'm overwhelmed with emotion. And you can't get overwhelmed with emotion in a time like that, you know, or else that's super embarrassing. But I'm overwhelmed with the love of God. And the tears start coming out, and I said, Bro, you're gonna hit me all you want. I'm not gonna do that anymore. And he was so shocked, he was so uncomfortable, he didn't even know what to do. So he took his towel and went to the shower. I'm telling you that man got changed from my active love. From that moment on. He's a Mom, I'm buying rome and driver's aat I'm buying him a car. And then our friendship was next the level. Like we did a bicker before he was like making fun of me in front of his friends.
Speaker 2: Now he was lifting. But this is my brother, this is him, he's calling with me.
Speaker 1: And it was like that that awesome thing, that one act of love released in his life. I had around that time. A little bit after that, I had a mentor out of church. I was going to at a camp when you know, we have food at the camp and uh he the leaders got the chance to get their food first, which I thought was crazy because leaders should serve. But anyway, he got his, he had his food and then he comes to my table and everything that's on his plate is everything I want. And I'm like, hey, Alex, his name is Alex Fertugen, the coolest guy ever. Say I'm like, hey, Alex, is that for me? And he was like oh yeah, like and he puts it right in front of me. He's like, oh yeah, that's for you. And I was young, so I was confused. I thought he was serious. I didn't know that was his plate for himself, but I was like, whoa.
Speaker 2: That was for me.
Speaker 1: He did that for me, and then I saw him He went and grabbed plate and got the exact same stuff for himself. I'm like, oh my God, that example did so much for me, and that took one second. His one act of love, one act of love, transformed paradigm of my thinking. And as far as Christianity, I was young enough that he showed me that somebody actually loved me. He showed me that I'm worth something.
Speaker 2: Just why.
Speaker 1: You might think it's so silly, your act of love in your workplace, at your homes.
Speaker 2: Whatever you're doing. You might think it's silly, but it's a powerful tool of your warfare, active love.
Speaker 1: It showed me that I was worth something. It showed me that God loves me. It showed me that somebody can actually walk in humility that I can look up to.
Speaker 2: And it showed me.
Speaker 1: That Jesus lives in people. Just through one simple act. You might say, not crazy, put your put your hands in front of you, look at them and say, Jesus, help these hands do mighty acts of love in Jesus' name.
Speaker 2: Amen. All right, I'm gonna flip this.
Speaker 1: Other's so much I got I got notes guys, I don't usually do this much. No, it said, I'm trying to stay on top of me because I know I could go so with places. So the third topic I want to get into gotta get my water. The third topic I want to get into, which I think is the most important thing at Julie One second, you guys, ready, it's the intentions of love. Intentions of love. You see, you can say all the right things, and you can do all the right things, but it.
Speaker 2: Means nothing.
Speaker 1: If your heart's not there, if the intentions are impure, if the position of your heart is positioned from selfishness or jealousy, it invalidates your words and your actions. In the garden of Eden, God created us in his image, and that image was love. I'm gonna start moving very quickly, and if you miss something, please don't sit there too long. Just follow me, stay with me. In the garden of Eden, God created us in his image, and his images for first and foremost it's love. And he said to them, the day you eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, that's the day you'll die. When Eve saw the fruit, she was deceived by the serpent. And when she saw the fruit. She said, it looked beautiful, it looked delicious, and she wanted the wisdom that it would have given her. What is that, It's the three temptations. It's the pride of life, the lust of the eyes, and the lust of the flesh. It's the lust of the eyes. Saw it was beautiful, the lust of the flesh. It looked delicious, the pride of life. She wanted the wisdom it gave her. And these two temptations they only have a foothold if you begin to think from the realm of selfishness and jealousy. Selfish she saw was beautiful. She wanted it. Jealous she wanted the wisdom that it had.
Speaker 2: In these two things, James.
Speaker 1: Writes that where you find selfishness and where you find jealousy, you'll find every disorder, You'll find every kind of evil. And he says, this is not God's wisdom. Selfishness and jealousy is the wisdom that the world travels on. And we are not of the world because that is not of God's wisdom. Jesus says to Peter that get behind me, Satan, because you see things merely from a human point of view.
Speaker 2: So the establishing idea.
Speaker 1: What's happening here is that what God's intentions are and what the world's intentions are way different. The world thinks for itself, how can better itself, what it can do to help protect what they have, and defensive God's thinking selfless. For God's a love that he gave. Okay, you guys with me so far. So when Eve takes that fruit and she takes that and she just an interesting thought, nothing happened. But when she gave the fruit to the wand that God said you must not eat, and he takes to the fruit, their eyes were open. I'm not going to go there because that's not where we should have been at KST. We went through that and by the way, but you're not there, and we're not going there. But when that happened, their eyes were open, and they were they began to see things they were never created to see.
Speaker 2: They begin to.
Speaker 1: Field things they were never created to feel. So we know the story. God banishes them out of the garden. Some of us think it's because God was angry, not at all, go reread it. He was actually deeply in love with humanity, and out of his love and protection he banned them from the garden because in the garden there was a tree of life, and he didn't want them separated forever from him anyway. So I'm not going to get into that either. But watch this when he banned When he banned them, there was a prophetic word that the seed of her and the enemists see enemy seed, he will crush the enemy's head, and the enemy will will hurt his heel. And so there was a prophetic word, and there was a promise of a son, his name is Jesus, that he would come and one.
Speaker 2: Day restore us. Okay.
Speaker 1: So the common theme throughout scripture became about a one man, the promised Messiah that's coming. And so when Jesus comes Hebrews chapter one, verse three, if you have the scripture, please put it up. It says that Jesus the sun radiates God's own glory. Okay, in the garden when God created Adam and Eve, you and I radiated the glory of God. And watch this and expresses the very character of God, like if you see Jesus, you see who God is.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: But let me add to it. When you see Jesus, you see who you are because you were created in his image, and what the author of Hebrews is saying is that Jesus radiates the image of God, his glory, and his very character. Like if you see Jesus, Jesus says, when you've seen me, you've seen him, And he says, I want you to be one with me, just as I am with him.
Speaker 2: It's us.
Speaker 1: It's us against the enemy, not against each other. And so the intentions of love needs to be restored to the image of God, to the very character of God. Some people say Jesus didn't have Jesus didn't want to die. He had to die. Let me tell you something. That's a false eye from hell. Jesus wanted to die because you were the joy set before him. Okay, I really have to stay on focus. I want to present an idea to you. Love is one sighted that you didn't hear that much. Well, you know, it takes two to make this work. You know, you have to do something.
Speaker 3: You know, because if I'm the only one doing it and then you're not doing it, and then I'm just the one that's serving and you're not serving, and I'm the one who's brain and you're not brain, we can't make this thing worry. And if I'm doing all this stuff and you're not doing anything, then whatever it is not going to work.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what before you said yes to him? He hung there.
Speaker 1: One sided. See, love does not require to work, does not need reciprocation.
Speaker 2: Does.
Speaker 1: I do not need you to say you love me when I say I love you, because my love is not conditional on what you are, how you do, what you're feeling, what you're doing, what you've done to me. Why because it's I present myself in that place, not demanding you to take your place. You live before God. See, I can't judge the love that you have. I can't judge. I can't. I can't judge it. Why because I can't wait, I can't. I can't put a weight to it. I don't know how much you love because you can do all the things and say all the things, but not have it in you.
Speaker 2: And it's a zero.
Speaker 1: Only God can see that. Therefore, I take my position as one sided love. I'm gonna say something real quick, and I don't misunderstand me. But when my wife and I got married, I would say things, sirr, I don't care if you run off with another man. Why because I see you for who you are and I love you, not that it wouldn't hurt, but I see her for her value, her potential, who she is in the Lord. And the only reason she would have done that or failed to meet her commitment is because.
Speaker 2: She lost sight of who she is.
Speaker 1: So why would I take her failure and take it upon myself and cause that division.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to put.
Speaker 1: This on anybody circumstances life thinks. I'm not doing that. I'm just saying that when you, as a man or a woman of God, take the position of love, you are the one who brings holiness to the marriage. And I wasn't planning to get into marriages. This happens that it just happens, you know, when you're married, it just happens. But this goes into every relationship that you have. You could be at work and you take the position of love, and in the face of injustice, you do the acts of love because.
Speaker 2: You have the intention of love. And when you have the intention of.
Speaker 1: Love filled with the act of love, it has the power to release the Kingdom of God wherever you're at.
Speaker 2: It says, if you do something.
Speaker 1: For the sight of others, Jesus says, if you do it, if you pray for people to see, you've received your reward.
Speaker 2: People saw.
Speaker 1: But if you pray before the Lord, your intention is pure, he will reward you. Love is one sided. I'm gonna say real quick, I'm gonna go deeper into this.
Speaker 2: Just for a second. You guys with me. He guys. Okay. There's a man, a lot of you know him. His name is Todd White.
Speaker 1: Many years ago he was He's just a crazy guy that loves.
Speaker 2: To pray for people. And his family gets to witness that.
Speaker 1: And one of his daughters was four years old and they were on vacation on a beach cheap place, Hawaii somewhere, and they're just laying down to the beach and the daughter sees some man limping along the water. She says, Daddy, let's go pray for him. I want to go pray for four years old, right. So she goes, and she's like, and Todd goes with his daughter and the daughter initiates everything.
Speaker 2: She's like, sir, I saw you limp in. I just believe that Jesus wants to heal you. Can I pray for you?
Speaker 1: And the guy wasn't about a deny it, four year old. If you deny, that's you're a big sinner. By the way, if you deny it, four year old. And so he's like, well, giggles because he's not a believer. It's like a sure, honey, go ahead. And she's like, she gets on her knee. It's the cutest thing I heard. She gets on her knee and she puts her hand on his leg. She's like, Jesus blessed this food in Jesus name, Amen.
Speaker 2: For four years old. And the guy chuckled. You know, it's like, oh, cute kid. She goes, okay, sir, check out.
Speaker 1: But the guy gets one hundred percent held one hundred percent Why because the power was not and what she did it was in the intention. Results are revealed by the faith attached to it, in the same way words of love and acts of love should be the result of.
Speaker 2: The intention of love. This's making sense. So what's the problem.
Speaker 1: The problem is how we think, or how we perceive ourselves, how we perceive him. You and I were so good to distance our personal self from the character of Jesus. When the selfishness is knocking on our door, and when jealousy is knocking on our door. We're so easy to make a distance. Well, I'm not she Jesus. Well that's Jesus here. Of course he would do that. But I'm not him or not perfect.
Speaker 2: So what you do is.
Speaker 1: You sell yourself short, You sell yourself so cheap, You sell yourself to the identity of a world that said it over you. And I'm not even saying perfection here. I'm not saying I'm just saying, like regular little things, Yeah, worship, if you come up, that'll be great. I'm just saying, like, when you distance who you think you are from who Jesus is, You've caused a great disservice to the value on your life. You've caused a great disservice to the value He put on your life through his blood and sacrifice. This is not a message of condemnation. This is actually a message of privilege. You see when when even Adam, when they send in the garden and the identity of love was true from them Hebrews we talked about it says that.
Speaker 2: He Jesus radiates the glory God and.
Speaker 1: Expresses can we put the scripture back up and expresses the very character of God Wh's what it keeps saying. And when he cleansed us from our sin, think with me for a moment, when he cleansed you from the sin that was established in the garden and the rain of it. When he cleansed you from the false identity, from the I'm not Jesus conversation, When he cleanses you from that he sat down in the place of honor at God's right hand. Why because he finished the work that he was supposed to do. Now, the only responsibility that we, you and I have is the soil that that word lands on. And how willing are you and I this morning to lay down false identities, false perspectives of our cells to take on the righteous identity that we are made in the image of love. Because the moment you present yourself to God and allow him to come and mess with the fabrics of your thoughts, of your will, of your emotions, what you think you are, how you think you grew up, well, whatever happened to you as you grow up. When you let the God of the universe, who created you in his image, to come into those places, I'm telling you what the first thing he will do is kill who you think you are and that he's really good at that, really good. First Corinthians, Chapter thirteen. Oh Lord, do we have a sign up? If you got kids, go get your kids.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: Those not very nice. If you have children, they're very amazing. Please bring them.
Speaker 2: We're going to be done.
Speaker 1: Oh mess, enough see the power you're were and how you say, Oh my God, this is not good.
Speaker 2: Lord, help me okay.
Speaker 1: First Corinthians, Chapter one, Chapter thirteen, Verse one. If I could speak all the languages of the earth and of the angels, if.
Speaker 2: I had all the words of love but didn't love others, I would be super annoying. That's what he's saying.
Speaker 1: Actually, he's saying, you'd be worse than annoying. A noisy gong, a noisy gong or clinging symbol. That's even that's a negative zero. If I had the gift of prophecy and understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move out, but I didn't love, that would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor, if I did all the acts of love, they could think of all the things that you would look at somebody and say.
Speaker 2: Wow, that person's filled with a lot of love.
Speaker 1: If I did all those things but I didn't have love, I would have gained nothing.
Speaker 2: Love is more than what you see. Has to be that intention purified. But how do we get that intention purified?
Speaker 1: The biggest violation of the way of love is selfishness and jealousy Verse four.
Speaker 2: Love is patient, it is kind, Love is not jealous. Both soul proud or.
Speaker 1: Rude does not demand its own way. Two things we just read.
Speaker 2: Love is not jealous and love is not selfish. Keeps no record of being wrong. It's not irritable.
Speaker 1: I want to quickly go to as I wrap this up, Matthew after sixteen. I referenced this passage earlier when Peter asks his disciples, he says, who.
Speaker 2: Do people say? I am?
Speaker 1: And then Peter gets up and he's like, you are the Messiah, the wane of God. And then Jesus says, simon, you will be called Peter, which means rock. And upon this rock, Aulbill mach Or. She just gave Peter the title that anybody wanted.
Speaker 2: You know. It's like because all they could think of is selfish? Who sees me? How they see me? Who's creator?
Speaker 1: All that stuff right, and then he goes on to tell them how Jesus must die. And so Peter, with the established identity that Jesus just gave him, he's like, Heaven forbid. Literally, Jesus just says to Peter, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven. Whatever you whatever you lose on earth, will be loose to heaven. And then Peter goes Heaven forbid. And then Jesus looks at Peter and he's like, get behind me, Satan, because you see things merely from man's world perspective and knockouts.
Speaker 2: Watch the very next thing. He says, this is.
Speaker 1: So good, and this is the answer that we need this morning. I really sense it. Verse twenty four. Then Jesus said to his disciples, if any of you wants to be my follower, if you want to follow the very image that you were created, and from the beginning, it's not a strife thing.
Speaker 2: If you're hearing this message and.
Speaker 1: You feel discouraged or upset about yourself, it's not even a strife. It's not a comparison message. This is an opportunity message. This is an invitation message to step into an identity that you were created into so Jesus says, if anyone wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish way away that you were never created for, and you must pick up your cross and follow me. If you try to hang onto your life, you will lose it. But if you lose your life for my sake, you will save it. Some translations and say you will find it. Listen, if you lose who you think you are, to take up an identity that God's called you to, you will find life. How many billionaires, millionaires, people who you would say were successful, are so depressed, so lost, and so confused the thing that you put a value on, and God says, that's a zero wife because you don't know who you are.
Speaker 2: You could be a billionaire. You could be a millionaire and.
Speaker 1: Happy, or you can have a successful life and a great family and be happy. But first, foremost has to be restored in identity, the image of God.
Speaker 2: In your being. This is making sense. Come on, get to your feet if you can.
Speaker 1: Oh, Lord, sorry, guys, I'm just I got so much fire and passion in my heart that I just okay. If you're in this room and you want to give your life to the Lord, like fully one hundred percent, like one hundred percent life for real, Like you want to lay down a false identity.
Speaker 2: Of who you're not and say, I'm going to give my life to the Lord. I'm gonna make the Lord and Savior my life.
Speaker 1: Could be your first time, or it could be that you're just you've been way backslidden and you just don't even know who you are anymore. I want you to raise your hand right now. That's you right there?
Speaker 2: Who else? Sorry, I'm sorry, let me be clear. I see your hand there one more time.
Speaker 1: If you're giving your life to the Lord, or if you're rededicating it, I want you to raise your hand.
Speaker 2: I see one back there, I see one here? Who else?
Speaker 1: I see one over there? Come on, come on, let's share them up. Who else at one hundred percent?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 1: Actually, come up here, come up here.
Speaker 2: If you're frill about the Lord, come on.
Speaker 1: Okay, your shot, that's fine, Come on up, Come on up, anybody else, I'll give it a moment. Just don't worry. Come on, anybody else, we'll wait. We'll wait thirty more seconds. You ready, anybody else? I don't feel pressure. I hope you don't either. But if you feel fire, you probably need to be here. Give it another thirty seconds. It's important, important that if you're thinking through if you should or shouldn't, this.
Speaker 2: Is very good because you should count the cost.
Speaker 1: That's okay, I'll give you another fifteen seconds.
Speaker 2: Thank you Lord. If you're up here, you probably already feel You feel it, don't you. It's happened at home on I'm just standing next year. I feel it. Why because there's a beauty that happens.
Speaker 1: And surrender when you lay down a line to take up the truth, come out three more seconds. Anybody else, come on up quickly. I know I'm waiting for one individual at least.
Speaker 2: Who are you? Where are you? Is that you? Is that you? Come on up here? Oh you're such a princess. Okay, okay, shreut your hands real great Father, we thank you for these individuals. You can get some guys behind them. Father. We just thank him all shresh, Come on God, it's doing some Father.
Speaker 1: We thank you for the mighty move of for stirring the spear got with Thank you that heaven's rejoicing.
Speaker 2: We're rejoicing too.
Speaker 1: In the name of Jesus, I just speak and declare over all your lives, that the Lord sees you, he wants you, he chose you, he's redeeming you, he's transforming you. You're gonna have a different language to your words. You're gonna have different actions to your deeds. You're gonna have different intentions to your heart. Come on, and then this surrender. Just allow the Lord to transform you from the innermost place. Come on, The Lord is doing something. If you gotta go, you gotta go. But I'm telling you the Lord is doing something. If you're on the Destiny Team and you're not gonna hurt reality here, I want you to come up and join stand here, and I want to invite if you're dealing with something, maybe it's a false perspective and identity that you're you've been hurting with, I want you to come and pray with the Destiny Team member, because the Lord is unleashing goodness this morning. And the Lord will be faithful if you give him the posture of your heart and you give him good soil. I'm telling you seeds will grow the seed of your true identity, and the Lord will grow this morning in the name of Jesus. Will close your eyes, lift your hands, Father we lift you up, we glorify you this morning, and we thank you God that you're purifying our intentions, you're purifying our hearts.