Speaker 1: Aye, Yes, rocking out with Cypress Hill. This is the world famous Ben and Skin show man. There's something that has gone viral in the last twenty four hours and I don't think it's going the way that our friends at Southwest Airlines had hoped. Southwest Airlines going through some changes. They announced that they would implement a signed seating in the second half of twenty twenty five, and then on Wednesday they had the announcement yesterday that they are going to end it's two bags fly free policy and that has led.
Speaker 2: To a bunch of people voicing their concern.
Speaker 1: They're upset about that.
Speaker 2: I'm upset about this.
Speaker 1: People are like, man, how can you do this? Like, you know, you guys were different from all the other airlines because of the bags fly free and because of you know, we just grab a seat where ever we want. Now you're just turned into a regular airline.
Speaker 3: And they had the really badass commercial that ended with the dying and the you are now free to roam around the country.
Speaker 2: That was a great deal.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yesterday, in the face of all the public backlash for Southwest Airlines over them changing these policies, somebody on their social media team decided to put out a post that said, it's not like we traded Luca with eyeballs looking at it. In other words, I get while you're upset with us, but let's not overreact. It's not like we traded Luca. And I think they thought that it'd be like, look, we're all in this together. Now, let's point over there and laugh at that thing over there, and that's the real thing that sucks. And everyone's like whoa, whoa, whoa, way too soon, Like I'll there's people like the backlash for this has been beyond the backlash for.
Speaker 2: The other stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think whoever did this probably thought, man, that didn't that work out well at the Golden Globes, like you know, but it's totally different community. And the other thing is Southwest Airlines is so tied to love Field, which is so tied to the Mavericks. Like I was just in love Field three days ago and they still have you know, giant mav player banners wrapped around those pillars that support So you're walking down the hall and there's giant Klay Thompson and there's giant PJ. Washington. So they're very much aligned in terms of being fused together, right, Like there's the Mavericks are all over love Field Airport and love Field Airport is Southwest Airlines. Yeah, so aren't they kind of you know, eating where they poop?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know it maybe, but does it even go that far? I mean, how much thought is putsed? I pull up a Twitter account. They haven't tweeted any things. It's January twenty twenty four, so they're not doing anything on Twitter X. Now Iver, you're on Instagram though, pretty active, but fewer followers. Somebody they're trying to build that up.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It just makes you wonder was it a manager?
Speaker 5: Was it a social media person that they've hired and probably paying a good wage.
Speaker 2: Mean's a degree getting job now, I.
Speaker 3: Bet it was a young person. To Ben's point, I mean.
Speaker 1: I think that's what all these companies do, is they look to save as much money as they can. And yes, you could go get some super qualified marketing person who understands the full scope of branding and how people are going to react to certain things, or you could go cheap and get a twenty two year old who just graduated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think there's also a mentality of like man you don't even need a marketing degree to understand social media. Come on, man, look at all these influencers. They didn't get marketing degrees. Just get someone that understands that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: The Other part of this, though, is this is a four part post. Like the first part was you at least didn't trade Luca, But then it goes into we've made updates to our bag policy and you're still gonna love flying with us, and here's why, and you slide across to the third one of the four. If you're an A List Preferred Rewards member, you get two bags free. If you're an A List Origins number one bag free. So it's like, okay, if you just sign up and spend a little more time and money with us, then you get more.
Speaker 2: See, it's not bad we didn't trade Luca.
Speaker 5: And then like, man, the Atlanta Falcons are dunking on them, like just putting Delta Airlines on there, and I'm like, Falcons, not the time for Delta. They had a plane backwards the other day. It's not They've had like two big incidents in the last couple weeks.
Speaker 3: Why are the Atlanta Falcons that war with Southwest Airlines?
Speaker 5: Because they're just promoting Delta, who's probably their partner. So it's like, can we just we got to separate sports from business.
Speaker 3: Okay, but then Southwest Airlines should be like, at least we didn't give Kirk Cousins too much money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're gonna keep him as the backup man.
Speaker 1: This thing is a powder cake. Still, it's way too hyper sensitive. If you want to reach people in Dallas for worth and you care about them as consumers, you don't kick them in the coconuts while they're crying about Luca.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, it's too early.
Speaker 1: It's too soon, and just the way that it's gone since the trade and whatever the Mavericks had in mind, all that has changed due to inj you know. And so it's a worst case scenario. Whatever the Mavericks were trading Luca for has not been able to exist. Therefore it couldn't be worse, right, Therefore, it's a developing situation that is still happening. It was absolutely worst case scenario for the MAVs. Like, there's two different things here. One there's the trade of Luca, which everyone has to feel a certain way about, and then number two, there's what happened to all these players getting injured, which that is out of their control. Now, I think like to some point, you know, you can make the debate though about well, Anthony Davis was a guy with an injury history, so you should know, right, you can make that argument if you want to make that argument. The Kyrie acl has nothing to do with trading Luca. The Derek Lively injury has nothing to do with trading Luca. The Daniel Gafford injury has nothing to do I mean, I can go on and on with this. Right, They're unrelated.
Speaker 3: So from the Mavericks point of view, you make a controversial emote, not emotional on their part, emotional for the fan base trade, and then every possible horrible thing that can happen happens. So now you have to deal with the idea of see karma, which is like one of those things like really, man, I don't even like we can deal in the reality of the horribleness of all this without blaming it on karma.
Speaker 2: Is it true?
Speaker 5: And I don't know the full details on this, but is it true that they were trying to get a bullet train in the late eighties early nineties to Houston and that was put on hold in large part because Southwest Airlines was making a power play explaining you don't need this, We'll get you everywhere you need to be and bags will fly free.
Speaker 1: I don't know the entry.
Speaker 5: I saw a post about that, but it was one of those things that you just see online and it's like, Okay, this is gonna need a little more due diligence, and I just it made me think, that's interesting that we're still talking about the bullet train a little bit and not really but okay comes up every now and then. It's like, if they really did stop that from happening thirty five years ago, only to flick this which in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Well, that pisses me off a little bit. I I mean, there could be something there. In other words, there's always that, like the beer companies are trying to influence legislators to not have THHC and weed right, Like, there's always business interest going on. My understanding is that the reason the bullet train hadn't happened is because of all this farm land you got to deal with and all these you know, there's like all these infrastructure issues that comes with creating it. But what the hell do I know.
Speaker 2: I'm a jackass on the eas.
Speaker 5: I just found a big article about it, and I will read more about that and report on that coming.
Speaker 2: Up in August.
Speaker 1: Very nice, and that reminds me of your due diligence you were talking about. Reminds me of the intro.
Speaker 5: So they called me dude intelligence.
Speaker 4: And start time.
Speaker 1: Boys.
Speaker 3: No, you're right, right, right, right right, trying to do it one old.
Speaker 4: Time quick quick ef it with our show. You're gonna ruling it, except with similar sweet pursuing it tunneled out Shaw shank through the sewer, Kid now with chilling at the eagle. Yeah, we two in it. Three clock on the doc. Got a habit for my house, a goat status. How we'd starting to get crattic shows that up multiplied like a rabbit tune. Then zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 1: I won't hang out with the friends rocking on the radio, my home, moist skin talking on the radio.
Speaker 3: It's time to to this false.
Speaker 5: Oh baby, here we go, KT stream up and.
Speaker 4: All on the radio.
Speaker 1: All right, we are off and running. It's gonna be an awesome show where we're gonna go next.
Speaker 5: KT the other day, we did the Benning's Pole Question of the day, would you get your arms and wrists shattered for thirteen million dollars being beaten with an aluminum bat by a daredevil. This really happened, and Evil Knievel did this. The new Bninskin Pole question of the day is going to blow your doors off, and I'll prove it next