Speaker 1: Not been boring. That's for sure an eventful year, to say the least. At least I didn't get shot, you know, look at the brand side, but we have had people shoot up Tells, the stores and burn down till the cars. I wasn't expecting that level of violence, really. I mean, there's obviously been attempts to sort of boycott Tells them, my other companies and basically put whatever pressure they possibly can on me and and Tesla and to some degree with my other companies. And I guess that's that's what happens when you go after waste and fraud, because the people that are receiving the billions of dollars waste and fraud want to keep receiving it. The people doing the bad things want to keep getting the money. And you're necessarily dealing with an unsavory group, that is, since they're doing illegal things already and we're stopping them from doing legal things, obviously they're they're going to do bad things to me and to my companies somewhat inevitable.
Speaker 2: I think, do you regret doing what you've been doing. Do you regret coming out and supporting President No?
Speaker 1: I think it was essential for the President Trump to win to ensure that America remained great and that we reached greater heights. Really, some very basic things need to happen. We need to have obviously a secure border, We need to have safe cities, We need to have sensible spending. I think if President Trump had not won, I think the Democrat campaign to import vast numbers of illegal voters would have succeeded, and they would have naturalized vast numbers of illegals during the sort of comm regime, and they would have turned America into a one party state from which we could never escape. Some people out there may be somewhat skeptical that may think, well that there isn't some Democrat plan to subvert democracy and achieve a permanent one party deep blue socialist state. I as show you if the more you research it, the more you will see it is true. Biden was simply asleep at the switch. He was ineffective regarding illegal immigration. No, he was highly effective at ushering in millions of illegal immigrants with a specific game plan to naturalize them and ensure that there were no There would be no swing states in America anymore. Often the margin of victory there will be twenty or thirty thousand votes. So if you bring in two hundred thousand illegals which will overwhelmingly vote for the Democrats, then that that swing state becomes permanently blue. Then you have the House, the Senate, the presidency.
Speaker 2: When did Elon Musk finally say, you know what, I feel like something is really grossly wrong with what's going on in this country.
Speaker 1: Well, I started having concerns about three years ago, but they were sort of I just had like an uneasy feeling like something doesn't feel right here. The censorship was becoming ridiculous, like I could like I had. I had the most interacted with account on Twitter before the acquisition, so I was very finally attuned to what the algorithm was showing me or not showing me, and who got suspended or didn't get suspended. Twitter was being run at a very far left basis. When I felt the censorship was closing it, I was like, Okay, I got to do something. And the thing I could do is acquire Twitter and make it a bastion of free speech. And that's what we're trying to do with with Twitter. Like no one on the left has been suspended, but we did unsuspend people on the right, and you know, let's let the marketplace of ideas. And then once we unlocked Twitter from being censored, then then we start to see what was really gone on. And I became increasingly concerned. I'm like, wait a second, I'm seeing videos of people streaming across the border on Twitter now X I'm like, and I was like, oh, this is this real? So I said, well, you know, I'll go to the border myself. So I went to Eagle Pass, Texas, and sure enough, people streaming across the border. And I was like, so, is there any vetting of these people? Like, no, the Biden administration is letting them all in. And I said, well, but some of these people clearly have criminal affiliations, like they literally have the criminal affiliation tattooed on their face. That the left is kind to the criminals and cruel to the victims, which is no form which is not empty. At the end of the day, if you're high TRUSTe and you bring in low trust or untrustworthy individuals, that's now you've got a fundamental breakdown in the system. Recipe for disaster a rest beefore disaster.
Speaker 2: So it sounds like for you, you went through these moments of actually seeing things firsthand for yourself. So you had these moments leading up to really coming out on the stage October in Butler, Pennsylvania with President Trump.
Speaker 1: You just can't have a country like this. I supported Obama, gave the maximum donation to Obama, actually had a pretty good relationship. When when Biden was elected out, I guess most moderates that I knew, they thought it would be like a milk toast mosion of Obama. And then it's like, I think we get the most radical left crazy administration ever with and and Biden is actually non confass mantis, you know, president outopen. Basically, Biden was president atop who haven't controlled that ortoped a teleprompt during the Bided administration was the real president. If a reasonable person who's open minded was exposed the same information that I was exposed to, they would end up at the same place that I ended up.
Speaker 2: You grew up in South Africa, you lived during a period of apartheid. I'm sure you've seen a lot of horrific things. So to be called a Nazi by people, to be made out to be this monster, that must be really hard for you.
Speaker 1: It's a relentless propaganda campaign, which obviously your President Trump has experienced for a very long time twenty years maybe longer. And politics is a blood sport, so they're gonna come up with whatever attacks they can to destroy the public perception of someone. Now, obviously I've not harmed anyone in my life. They've also called President Trump a Nazi, but he also is not a violent person and in fact has done a lot to prevent wars and stop wars, which is the very opposite of being a Nazi.
Speaker 2: Actually ironic how that works out.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it is disappointing how well propaganda works. If you repeat Ali, you know, the sort of he's a Nazi light enough times some people actually believe it, especially people that still believe the Legacy News. But they really are trying every angle to get me. They are doing character assassination. That's by a thousand cuts. It shows that we if what we were doing at DOGE was not effective, they wouldn't care. But it is effective, and that's why they're trying every angle to put pressure on me and DOGE to stop fixing the government.
Speaker 2: Talk about your relationship with President Trump. You came to DC, people immediately said Elon Musk is in charge of things here very clearly. President Trump is.
Speaker 1: I do consider the president of friend. I think he considers me a friend, and you know, we get along very well. I think probably if you asked us both the same set of questions in two different rooms, eighty percent of the time we come up with the same answer. And you know, we'll just not say that we always agree, but we almost always agree. Getting where of waste for in the government and ensuring the rule of ploye is followed. We've seen just crazy things like the twenty million dead people and the Social Security database marked is alive, many of whom were receiving benefits. One person with three hundred and sixty years old older than I think that would be a bit of a red flag. You know, they're older than America. And you know, we found we found people receiving unemployment insurance with a birth birth date in the future. We found at the Small Business Administration that they're giving at loans to people as young as nine months. So we're stopping things like that. I've actually found there's a lot of people who are federal government employees. They're active employees who nonetheless applied for and have received unemployment insurance while they are federal employees. Yes. Wow, and this appears to be at least one hundred thousand people. Wow.
Speaker 2: We know that you're finding all of this, but you're actually also simultaneously running several companies. What else are you doing and how are you doing it? And where are you doing it? Are you sleeping? Are you traveling all the time?
Speaker 1: This is a very difficult That's why I made that sort of I'm wearing many hats joke. The cabinet was given the Gulf of America hat, I believe it was, so you see all the all the hats there. And then I happened to have a doge hat like you know what, I'll put a hat on a hat and proved to people that I am wearing what we really are. I am wearing more than one hat. Even my hat has a hat. So it requires in ten effort for except for about three months, which were kind of out the three month point now and then I can taper taper my time allocation but still get things done. So and I've tooked this over with the president, so this is no surprise or.
Speaker 2: If anyone knows about multitasking and getting a lot done.
Speaker 1: It's him, absolutely, He's very good at multitasking and getting a lot done in many different arenas. I also still have my little office and my cute little office in the West wing by the way. It's like comically small. People have taken photos of it and stuff, but I wanted it to be tiny. And even this office I use, but it's also used for meetings and stuff, so I try not to, you know, use of a lot of space. In fact, I usually don't even have an at my companies. I don't even have an office. I just walk around, talk to people and have meetings.
Speaker 2: That's how you know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's how you know what's going on now.
Speaker 2: Very famously, there was a story about you when you first came to DC that you slept on a couch in your office. This is where the richest man in the world slept. Yeah, wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Why did you do that? Well, I didn't really have a good place to stay at the time. How long did you do that for off and on for a few weeks? That's incredible. Yeah, I mean it's the worse places to sleep