Speaker 1: All right, twelve O wait, welcome in seven hundred wlw the average America in put the great American on this Thursday. Yes, yes, yes, Budelah, I know, I know. Somebody again left the air conditioning on outside. Why do we keep doing that? Don't worry? Spring's coming. Look at it this way. Opening Day is still what a month away? It's been a month away, a little more than a month, five weeks. It has to get warmer, doesn't it. I mean that was in the brochure when we all moved here, wasn't it. The dizzying effect of Donald Trump continues in Washington, d C. It is claimed Mitch McConnell, who not surprisingly today announced that he will not seek reelection in twenty twenty six. I think that was almost a foregone conclusion when he was forced out as Senate Majority Leader or Senate Minority leader at the time Senate majority leader, he would have been that now belongs to you. So I don't think that's any great shock. And there are those that think that McConnell should have just taken it back to the ranch after he successfully blocked Merrick Garland's nomination to the Supreme Court all those years ago, but nevertheless he's hung on in some of these elections, never really a serious primary. With regards to McConnell, he did have some people that the game a run for his money. Amy McGrath in twenty twenty certainly did in twenty fourteen Alison Lundgren Grimes also gave him a run. But by and large this has been his seat to hold and to and to wield great power from. It'll be interesting to see who the Republicans put up. Kentucky is certainly not a red state. It is a purple state. Andy Basheer is very popular in Kentucky, and as you well know, as they just sit right across the river from us here in Cincinnati, or we sit right across the river from you in Kentucky. So we'll see what happens with the seat and how it all plays out. But McConnell officially out in twenty twenty six. As for Trump, I don't think there's been any executive order of note today, although it's tough to keep up because Donald Trump has just been let's just put it this way, just has just been putting pen to paper more than sixty executive orders as of February nineteenth just yesterday, the most in the president's first one hundred days in the last forty years sixty and that doesn't count in things like proclamations and whatnot. Some will see whether they'll hold up in quart or not. Others have been kind of well, that's interesting. The Gulf of America, which used to be the Gulf of Mexico birthright citizenship. I think that thing is probably destined for failure in the court, but we'll see how it all plays out, watching it as well as you and me. Is my first guest today. He is Kevin Howard. He is the author of the book Onward at last twenty twenty four presidential election edition. And Kevin is a guy with a great background. He has served this country in uniform, a veteran of the US Army, and has a background in economics and law and a certification in climate risk management and sustainability. Who doesn't who doesn't want to sustain anyway, Let's bring Kevin on for some of his thoughts on what's transpired so far far here and just a little bit more than a month. And Kevin Howard, how are you on this glorious day?
Speaker 2: Man? I am doing fantastic. It is so good to talk to you again. You may not remember because you're a busy man. We spoke in September of twenty twenty, going into the previous presidential election, you know, talking about the adults in the room with Biden perspectively being the president, which obviously he was. So it's great to talk to you again. Thank you so much for inviting me today.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're back. Just news of the day. What do you make of McConnell's saying he's not going to run in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Well, basically, McConnell sees the writing on the war wall. What Trump was elected to do and by the people who elected him, is to dismantle the establishment aspects of both the Republican and Democratic Party. Right, the neo con neoliberal project is over, right, and so yes, McConnell understands his day has passed because he represents that group. But this is the whole you know, w Bush, Cheney, both Lynn and Dick, this is Clinton, Obama, Biden, Harris. The neoliberal, neo conservative project is over and this is a part of the demolition that McConnell just recognizes that his day has passed.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, and I think it won't stop with him. I think you'll see other defections as well. I don't know if the Republicans hold that seat in Kentucky. It's not quite a a slam dunk as it was in years past, and he kind of held onto it with an iron fist as much with reputation as he did with campaigning. But we'll see. I don't know that that'll play out over the next year and a half. Trump though, has come in and done as planned. And I have to laugh when I see some of these Democrats that pop up on MSNBC and CNN. I have to laugh when they seem shocked and they seem agassed at what Donald Trump is doing. This is exactly what he said he was going to do. What part of that did you miss over the last year and a half. I don't understand why people don't pay attention anymore.
Speaker 2: Kevin Well, it's true. Well, it's only because they do pay attention. The problem is is that this is the pro question at their recognition that the economic plan, the geopolitical plan, American hegemony, globalization that has disserved the American middle class, the American working class and the working poor that those policies are coming to an and are on the severe threat, and so they will do Those who benefited from it will do anything they can to defend it and protect it. And so it's not that they didn't listen. They saw it coming. They just can't believe he's actually doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those who scream the loudest are the ones that are most affected by what is going on. And I raise that because I look at Doge and I'm not saying that Elon Musk is the brightest man in the world. Some might think that I don't know who the brightest man in the world is, but okay, let's just say for a moment it is Elon Musk. All he's doing is a deep dive into a corporation the United States of America that is a pretty good cash flow. We have a good GDP about half of his pay taxes, but we have an inordinate problem with spending, and we spend too much, and therefore there is waste. And so the first thing anybody who takes over a company does is you look and you find out why this company that seems to do pretty well. Then the bottom line comes out and it's in the red. Well, what's going on here, that's all he's doing, and what he's uncovering is a tremendous amount of what you and me and everybody else over the course of our lifetime figured out. This government loves to spend money, and there are a lot of people making money off the government spending money. Anybody that wants to die on that hill fighting that, go right ahead.
Speaker 2: I don't think you win, Oh, absolutely not. And let's put some concrete numbers to this so that everyone who's listening can can appreciate what we're talking about. Since the neo conservative neoliberal agenda started being implemented in the early nineties, Back in nineteen ninety two, the federal debt was four point one trillion four point one trade. That's after two hundred and sixteen years of our country's history. Okay, in thirty three years, we're up to thirty six point five trillion, right, Okay, so on extra thirty two plus trillion dollars in thirty three years. What we're talking about here is the persistent news of the federal treasury because who benefited from all that debt? Again, if you look at the demographics of American socioeconomic demographics of America. The top one percent, according to the Federal Reserve, has more wealth and income than the entire American middle class. And so what Dose is doing is absolutely going in there and observe it. Well, why is it that the Pentagon can't pass an audit right because they have four trillion dollars and unaccountable funds. I mean, just wrap your brain about that. That has been what the establishment has been doing for thirty three years. And this is what President Trump was elected to do. Go in there and dismantle the interagency infrastructure that is exercise that has executed that agenda. Well that those days are over, and yeah, we're going to find out. Look at all the specifics coming out of the outrageous amounts of expenditure. It doesn't matter where you live, where you live on the political ideological range, No one with support what this is unless you were personally benefiting from it. And those days are over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No one anywhere in this world, well certainly in this country, is entitled to the job he or she has. You're not entitled to it. You stay on that job and you earn it until the company deems it that that job is not necessary anymore, and we've moved on, and we can do that more efficiently with either AI now or some other means. But you're not entitled to your job now. Some jobs are protected by unions, and some jobs are protected, for example, in the teaching profession, by tenure. But nobody is entitled to keep a job. You keep a job for a lot of things, your own hard work, but other outside forces. So when I see some of these federal workers getting all worked up into a ladder, what did you not see when you were on the job. Did you not see that there was waste, that there might have been four of you doing a job that one other person could do. Was that not a warning sign for you that maybe you know, this might not be the best place for me from a long term basis. I think a lot of this needs to go back to personal accountability, and a lot of it needs to go back to the fact that good hard work is your best chance of keeping a job. But nobody is entitled to a job, are they, Kevin?
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right, Ken. But what we're dealing with here is people who were so entrenched in the trough of the American Treasury, right. They didn't think this would ever change. This was the interagency Presidents come and go. Obama came and went, w came and went, and this infrastructure stayed in place. So these people didn't think it was ever going to change. And they certainly didn't think that President Trump would be able to execute this time. The first time he was elected, he didn't know how to govern and he got sidetracked with a number of issues, and we don't have to get into that now. This time, he was ready. He had his team ready. Fourteen and fifteen major cabinet members have been confirmed and stuff like that, and Cash Bottel will probably get confirmed today. So he's hit the ground running. And it's shocking them that the earthquakes, the eight point nine, you know, has filed their prives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And I you know, I think that Trump is the kind of guy, at least I think, who will go in there and he'll drop an anvil on an ant just to see exactly what happens with the residual effects. He's a guy that is not a minimalist, and so he'll go in and he'll do something large just to see what the rest of the reaction is and if he only gets half of what he wants, well that's good. But if he went in looking for half of what he did by dropping the anvil on the ant, he probably would only get ten percent of what he wanted. So I guess my point is is that if you didn't go to school on Trump in twenty sixteen to twenty twenty, then shame on you, because this is a guy who is basically uninhibited by the prospects of having to get re elected or worrying about what his second term will be. He's just doing what he said he was going to do, and in four years he's going to write off into the sense sunset. You know again, Kevin, I just don't. I just don't know why this should be a shock to anybody, because it was pretty plain and evident in the year and a half he declared and his lead up to this election. He's just not You might might not have you might have been paying attention, but you probably didn't want to believe it. If you're having a problem.
Speaker 2: With it right now, and Ken, before we go, if we could just touch on so that the audience knows the two major things that President Trump has got that he's bringing about in this first month is to execute his strategy to end the forever wars. America has been in combat somewhere around the world for over thirty years, right, and so what you see, what's going on with the war in Ukraine, what you see, what's going on with the ceasefire and Gaza. What you see the Secretary of State, you know when he in his interview with Megan Kelly saying that the superpowers will use diplomacy to settle competing interests so we do not have to come engage in armed conflict. That is President Trump's ending the forever war strategy, and Tulca Gabbert is at the tip of that sphere. The tariffs is about unwinding globalization. What happens to the American middle class, in American working class is because it got commoditized competing against China, competing against Mexico, South Korea and other places. By bringing a manufacturing back to the United States and our productivity back to the United States, that's where the quality jobs in mass at large is going to come back, right. And so that's what the tariff regime that's going to be that has to be passed by Congress is all about how do you unline globalization and bring production back to America. That will be that will rebuild the American litdle class. It's going to be painful for some period of time in the transition, but it'd be well worth it.
Speaker 1: Kevin Howard our guest his book Onward at last twenty twenty four presidential election edition. You know, with regards to the war in Ukraine. Ukraine has been a piggy bank for a lot of people that govern in Washington, d C. And eventually the real story on Ukraine is going to get out. And Zelensky's all been out of shape because Trump didn't include him first. When I guess Trump's envoy went to Saudi Arabia and talk to the Russians and whatnot. Zelenski doesn't exist without the United States, and so Zelenski needs to understand a few things. There was no exit strategy for Zelensky with this war. There was none. I mean, you know, was he the aggrieved party? Absolutely? Was Russia the aggressor, absolutely, But there was no exit strategy for Zelenski. And so the constant flow of dollars from the United States was the only thing that was going to keep Ukraine above water. So he has to listen now to Trump and what Trump wants to do. Trump is sly as a fox. Just because Zelenski is not involved in round one doesn't mean he's not going to be involved in rounds three, four, and five. The second thing is is Zelensky's got to clean up his act. I mean, this is a guy that did not allow certain religions to be religions to be practiced inside his country. He clamped down on free media in Ukraine, and he doesn't want to hold elections. And the suspicion is he doesn't want to hold elections is because if he did, he might not get re elected. So I think Celenski has got to clean up his act.
Speaker 2: His approval rating it you crate is four percent. That has some studies done at that four. So no, I mean it takes I want your listeners to take careful attention to how President Trump responded to Vilainsky with his complaint that he wasn't that he wasn't participate. The fact is is Villainsky had three plus years to negotiate with the Russians. He chose not to. Not only did he choose not to, he passed legislation preventing anyone in Ukraine from negotiating with the Russians. This is why he was excluded, you know, right, And it's so important, right he recognized.
Speaker 1: He negotiated well with the United States Senate to take auric tax dollars over there, exactly right.
Speaker 2: Right from sad he's a salesman, right and and.
Speaker 1: So okay, So if you got to pick a good guy in this, Okay, he's the good guy. But you know, you've got to have to have some strategy. You can't say, here's you know, here's a couple of billion more, you're a good guy, go away, go buy some more bullets. There was no there was no way. There was no way that this thing was going to end because it was it was beyond Biden's contral. The whole thing happened because of Biden, but he didn't know what was going on. So how would anyone expect that the more money you give to something that's a losing effort is all of a sudden going to make it a winning effort. You see that in business all the time. And you got a problem, if you just throw money at it, it doesn't fix the problem. It just throws more money at the problem. And so that's why I said, I think Trump is crazy as a fox. Kevin. I think at the end of this, it's not going to be something that's a victory or something that Putin is going to be running around in his country talking about how wonderful it is. Trump's going to get it done on his term so that the United States comes out of this with something minerals, access to minerals or something. But he knows exactly what.
Speaker 2: He wants, oh absolutely. And for another show, Ken, we really got to talk about the Ukraine narrative because that's a part of the problem. The reason why the Russians are willing to compromise with President Trump is because President Trump is acknowledging the truth about how we got to the war in Ukraine and that the narrative is not true. So it's too much to go into right now, but there's a lot bit people like John Mensheimer from the University of Chicago, people like Jeffrey Sachs from Columbia University, and the developmental economists, they have been telling the truth about this and it's a different story. So President Trump is right to bring this water and end and but the basis by which he is and will be favorable to America is because we're dealing straight now with with Putin and the Russians, and we're going to actually normalize the full range of relations both with Russia and with China and with Europe so that we can actually get back to doing business, which is what which would benefit us and the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you you just you just bargained away another twenty minutes of your life because I just made a note. I'm going to have you on here again in about three weeks. Then we're going to go on to the real story in Ukraine. Kevin Howard his pot d Yeah, Onward at Last twenty twenty four presidential election a day. It's out right now and you can find Kevin at Onward at last dot com, Onward at last dot com. Okay, Kevin, you stay well and you know your phone's going to be ricking.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you so much. Ken, You all take care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. Trump knows exactly what he wants. He's crazy as good, guys, crazy as a fox. And all the MSNBC and CNN was watching them this morning and they're all jumping around and dancing around and calling. You know, he called Zelenski. You know what, Just calm down, by the way, nobody's watching anyway. It is twelve twenty eight news radio seven hundred Wow. Where are we? Well, we're right here, of course, No. Twelve thirty eight news Radio seven hundred WYLW. Sometimes you just got to cry on your neck to see the clock twelve thirty eight here on this Thursday. It's the average American in for the great American. Great to have you with us. Uh No, Damir Zelensky is wildly unpopular inside his own country. Oftentimes, when a country is at war, the rally round the leader of that country is enormous and the leader becomes even more popular. We saw it in this country during the First Afghan War, which involved the United States. George hw Bush was the president of the United States the Gulf War, if you will, and his popularity was unbelievable as that war was brought to a close and Saddam Hussein was captured. But within months, because of the way this country was headed economically, it's the economy stupid, was the great quote. George hw Bush's popularity fell remarkably right off a cliff, and he lost the ensuing election to Bill Clinton. We saw it back in this country in World War Two, with FDR remained in office for four terms. That was legal back then. The law was quickly changed after that because what FDR was doing was approaching a monarchy, and quite frankly, it was time for him to go anyway. He died very early into his fourth term in office, and Zelensky won a five year term in twenty nineteen, which meant that at the end of twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Four his.
Speaker 1: Time would be up. But he declared martial law in Ukraine in twenty twenty two, and because of the Russian invasion he so declared there would be no election, and Zelenski at that point outlawed and opposition party. You couple that with what he did with religion and what he did with the free press, and you're beginning to see what's going on over there again. As I prefaced all of this with my guest Kevin Howard, the Ukraine is the agreeved party. There's no question about that. They were the country that was at they were the country that was invaded. We can get into the whys and the wherefores, and historical boundaries and all of that other stuff that keeps academia up at night, perumpting and pipe puffing into pipes. The fact of the matter is Ukraine was invaded by Russia. Ukraine is the aggrieved party. But Ukraine, for very very long, long before Zelensky showed up on stage, was a gold mine for American politicians. There was more US money coming in and going out of Ukraine than virtually any other country in that area of the world. But Zelenski declared martial law and says there will be no elections. Well, one of the things that Trump wants is he wants presidential elections in the Ukraine. There's it's a given. If you want American dollars, if you want us to support your country in whatever need it is, country has to have some semblance of a democracy. Otherwise what's the point of sending money. And part of a democracy is you hold free and fair and open elections. Now, the thinking was, well, wait a minute, Russia is going to interfere in those elections. You know they will. Well, let's not forget that Zelensky was a Russian favorite back in twenty nineteen, So sure they're going to interfere. Maybe you send monitors. Jimmy Carter was always a big booster of that send monitors. He was personally involved in monitoring elections in South America and other third world countries. You could send monitors along with money. But that's one of the precepts that Trump wants as part of this negotiated settlement. Now, Zelenski is all bent out of shape because he thinks that Trump is cow telling to Russia. But let's face it, the first thing you got to confront is Russia, and why did you go into Ukraine in the first place. And what the hell do you think you're going to do if we, excuse me, if we continue to send money to the Ukraine, what are you What are you gonna do? You're gonna keep fighting? What are you gonna do if we don't send any more money to Ukraine? So this's all all things like that are in play because all you and all you ever you see in the media, and this morning again, I'm flipping through and I'm watching CNN, MSNBC, Fox, and you pretty much know what you're going to get with Fox. You're going to get a decided Donald Trump angle with ms NB, ms NBC. Is it's that that that network is just a collection of hysterical people anymore. CNN is trying, but they can't get over At TDS, they still have it and it has permeated their their organization. But they're all they're all been out of shape that Trump has a called Zelenski a dictator. I wouldn't have done that, but again, this is Trump's show, so he's he's going to do it the way he wants to do it. And they're all bent out of shape because well, because their guy is Zelenski and the meaning he doesn't want Ukraine to hold elections because they want to prop up Zelenski because that's their martyr figure. But it doesn't matter because whatever Trump does is going to get them upset. By the way, I don't I don't normally look at this stuff, but I just for the for grins today, I thought, who's actually watching cable television news? Because I think a lot of what's going on in cable television has been overshadowed by other platforms, certainly platforms on X and YouTube and places like that. I just for grins, I called up the ratings of February thirteenth, so what day would that have been? Last Thursday. We could go today. Okay, let's just start. Let's the Fox dominates up until six o'clock and then they have a news hour with Prett Behar. It's watching that show is like you know, watching cows fall over in the field. It's boring. But nevertheless, that show on Fox beats what's on CNN by more than two to one, and by more than three to one what's on MSNBC. And then you get into their primetime lineup, lower Ingram, Jesse Waters, Sean, Hannity, and Guttfeld. They just wipe the floor on what's going on in the other networks. So nobody is really watching CNN and NBC. And that's the saving grace because they have some desires, some feeling, some belief that they really have to go off the deep end about Trump to attract viewers, and obviously it's not working. In fact, this is this is the height of I found the height of in So. I don't know if you go to New York or if you know anything about New York City, Manhattan. I used to go there a lot when I was younger. I wouldn't go there now I think New York is just a it's just a pit. I mean, I don't care about entertainment and sports and all that. I just wouldn't go to New York City, not at least voluntarily. So they got this, this toll that the Governor of New York imposed on motorists. It went into effect January fifth, and basically, if you drive your car in Manhattan, in and around Central Park, you will automatically be charged a nine dollars toll on your car. They have cameras that can take pictures of license plates and whatnot. Now understand, if you drive your car into Manhattan, it's not the most pleasant experience. If you drive there and try to park, it is extremely expensive. Let's say you're going to go into the UK, you're going to take a Broadway show in whatever it may be. You're probably paying for that evening just to park your car somewhere around seventy seventy five dollars and that that may not be all that accurate anymore anyway, but I think the last time I went in there to put a car in a lot, it was like seventy five bucks. So the governor, because she wants to cut down on the amount of traffic inside Manhattan, in her infinite wisdom. Kathy Hochel has a job only because they ran Cuomo out. Kathy Hokeel imposes this nine dollars toll. Well, Trump said, I'm getting rid of that. It's ridiculous. It's stupid. First of all, you're taxing the people that not only work there, but live there, and that's the economy. What sense does that make? And so he with an executive order just wiped it out yesterday and he put on Twitter this was hilarious. Congestion pricing is dead. In all capital letters, Manhattan and all of New York is saved, Trump wrote, adding in capital letters, long live the King. What do you figure the media hopped on the amount of money that he's saving commuters and people that go in there for a good time or have to go in there to work. No, no, they hop on. Trump called himself the king. That's how these idiots in the media work, and they are They have to be stupid, they have to be or so blinded by ideology that they can't see straight. So that's all I saw this morning. What I was flipping through is Trump calls himself the king, not the fact that he saved or is saving a lot of money for people that have to go in there and work. Now, Hochel claims she's going to fight this in court. Now, just think about this. You're going to go to court and you're going to fight so that more money can be extracted from the people that you represent. Think about that. This is this is what I find absolutely baffling. The hill that Democrats are willing to die on right now is just absolutely baffling. Immigration. Trump says he wants to stop taxpayers funding for illegal migrants. The Democrats are fighting them on this for illegal migrants. He wants to stop taxpayer funding for illegal migrants. He wants to make sure that people who have been dead are not collecting Social Security anymore. He wants to make sure that the money that you you will your due, that you paid into goes to you and not some dead guy. Well, it's probably going to his family or somebody. It's on the books, it's going somewhere. And now, this whole thing, this country operates, and it's always operated best when there were two parties of sound thinking, perhaps opposing viewpoints, that could argue a point to a place where common ground could be found, and therefore we would have things legislation, rules, regulations, funding betterment for our lives. But we don't have that anymore. We got people dying on hills to tax more money. They've got people dying on hills, so illegal immigrants can get your get your tax dollars. It's it's it's mind boggling. And playing right along with it is the media playing right along with it. So what's the solution. Believe who you want to believe, watch you want to watch, do all of that. It's a free society. You do it, I do it. But make your own mind up. Don't fall into some ideology that you know whoa this is what you know, This is what so and so on this network said, so this must be right, you know, forget about that. Plus they're trying to ginua up anyway, whether it's Fox, MSNBC, or CE, and they're trying to ginua up. So you get so foamed at the mouth that you can't do anything else. Run off some people that you love, maybe lose some friends. Don't play the game. It's not worth it, Absolutely not worth it. Twelve fifty two News Radio seven hundred WLW all right, what a way? News Radio seven hundred W welw the average American in for the great American on this Thursday. Great to have you with us as we pressed on through today. Watched UC play last night for a frustrating game to watch, made it interesting at the end, but that seemed to me to be a game that had they won, we legitimately could have been having a conversation right now as to whether or not they have a chance to make the field of sixty eight. Now I'm not so sure. Still some basketball left to be played. This is a team when it's playing well, is good when it has all of its players like Lukocius. You know, when they have those guys Steve, looks like it's got some promise. But not last night, not last night at all. And you know it was right there to win, right there, to win, they had to lead, what with eight minutes to go, nine minutes to go? Anyway, watch some of that last night. Of course, tonight it's the hockey game USA against Canada. This will be it's different eras and different different situations. Say Russia nineteen eighty miracle on ice game will always be, in my opinion, the most impressive, the most remembered sporting event in my life. There was nothing else that even comes in second place, World Series, NFL championships, those things come and go, but at that point where we were from a society, from a country, and what that game meant, that was it for me. Tonight is going to be something like that. I think it's going to generate a lot of non hockey fans tuning in. I don't think it equals what last Saturday Night Canada US offered us with three fights inside of the first nine seconds. But I just have a feeling that this is going to be something special tonight. So again, as I like to say, plan your viewing accordingly. Donald Trump, President Trump Trump forty five, Trump forty seven is a little upset that the ice roundups and detentions are not going as quickly as he would like, and because of that slow pace, Trump has demoted a couple of top ice officials, not Tom Homan. Homan is his guy. Homan is the guy that is the front guy, the face guy for these these arrest and deportations. NBC News, and again be careful with NBC, but NBC News has a story right now on its website that that Trump, while promising to prioritize the quote unquote worst first when it comes to arrest and deportations, that in actuality, the number of detainees in ice custody without criminal convictions or pending criminal charges have increased by more than eighteen hundred in the first couple of weeks of this month. Forty one percent of the forty four hundred plus total of new DAYTEA detainees in that period are those without criminal records or any kind of criminal charges pending. So does that make a difference. I mean, if you're here illegally, you're here illegally. But Homan was supposed to be going after just the worst of the worst. Now was this residual? Were these people caught up in the wash? Don't know. During the fiscal year, the federal fiscal year of twenty twenty four, the Biden administration made just over one hundred thirteen thousand dollars one hundred thirteen thousand dollars one hundred thirteen thousand immigration arrests, and of those only twenty eight percent were people with no criminal convictions. So what's going on here? How is Homan performing? And what happens when he gets into places like Massachusetts, Colorado, California or Washington State, where the local authorities there don't want anything to do with ICE or their ability to do their work. Standing by the way in on this is someone who is well versed in what ICE is all about and what's going on with Holman. Lee wams Gans is works works for an agency that you might have heard of, is called Patriot Mobile Action. She is the spokeswoman for Patriot Mobile Action, actually the chief communications officer of Patriot Mobile Action. And I asked Lee to join us here today to try and get some perspective as to what's going on here, because when you only listen to your cable news channel of choice, you only get just the way they want to present it, not necessarily with what is true. So let's find out. Lee wams Gans, how are you on this glorious day.
Speaker 3: I'm great, I'm great. I think we're all cold, but we're all hanging in there.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, you know what's coming spring and that'll solve everything. That'll solve everything. So when Donald Trump was campaigning, he promised that he was going to get the criminal aliens out of our streets, out of our country, and he put Tom Homan in charge. This was a campaign promise. What is occurring right now with Tom Holman and Ice should be a surprise to absolutely no one that we were told you vote for Trump, this is coming. Nobody should be surprised by this right well.
Speaker 3: And in Texas, some of our biggest flip counties are the Hispanic population counties on the southern border, and those are the counties that have been brutalized by violent illegal aliens. Tom Homan talked about this weekend that since he and Trump have come into office and done the job that we elected them to do, that border crossings are down ninety percent.
Speaker 1: Then why then is there this great resistance in these sanctuary cities. Boston would come immediately to mind, but Chicago was right there with it, and then of course you've got California, which never disappoints. But why would there be resistance if they know they're coming. What's the endgame here for these Democrat run cities and states that would resist rounding up these guys and women Ice I suppose to and getting them out of the country because they run the risk of doing more damage inside the cities these people.
Speaker 3: Govern, these people have blood on their hands. These local and state governments refusing to cooperate with ICE should face federal consequences. They're prioritizing illegal aliens, violent criminal illegal aliens over law abiding citizens. Just last week in New York City, a transmigrant was charged with raping a fourteen year old boy in a New York City bathroom. Now, this guy, I'm not going to call a guy an address a girl because he's not. This guy was already wanted in New Jersey and Massachusetts. He already had an ICE attainer. But because of these sanctuary cities in these counties and some states, this person was still out free.
Speaker 4: These people have blood on their hands.
Speaker 1: I think to some of them, it's a game. I think to some of these people, it's a game. Let's see how far we can keep Musk and Trump away from us. And then if I become the hero and they can't get to me, then I rise to the top of whatever I want to rise to the top of. Politically, the governor of New Jersey who said that he is housing an illegal immigrant in the inside his garage would come immediately to mind. I believe the guy's name is Murphy. I sense to a lot of these these democrats that are that are dying on this hill, that this is some sort of game, like some Parner game.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that Trump is going to trump that game and aiding in a betting, conspiracy aiding a betting. I'm looking at the federal criminal Code right now. This is a federal crime. And my money is on Trump and borders are home. And you know he said this weekend that these sanctuary cities are not going to stop him, that he's coming in no matter what, and that he is going to do the job that he was brought in to do.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you another thing that I worry about, Lee, maybe you do too, is the people that are placed in the middle of all of this. When you have Homan going in to get these thugs out of these cities, the people that are placed in the middle of all of this are the local law enforcement, the state cops, the city cops, the county cops, who obviously answer to someone other than Tom Holman, but are taking direct orders from those people the governor, for example in Illinois. Christ and I worry about the local law enforcement because they're placed in an untenable situation.
Speaker 3: Aren't they They really are, and it's very dangerous for everyone, including the officers, including the community.
Speaker 4: This weekend on Fox, Tom Holman.
Speaker 3: Talked about it's less efficient to arrest a bad guy in the public where he's hiding from us and they're trying to arrest him on his turf, rather than arrest him in the county jail where the good cops have taken him and turned him over to ICE and he has an ICE detainer where an agent can just go in get them and start the deportation process. So it's dangerous to the police officers, it's dangerous to the community, and it also costs a lot more money. You know, ICE is funding. I think they're trying to wear out ICES funding. It's a lot easier for you know, a couple of officers to go get a guy under an IS retainer that's sitting in in jail, then send a whole team into a stash house to go get them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Again, I don't understand what the endgame is here, because I take Chicago for an example. Chicago to me is like the poster city for all of this sanctuary city stuff. You're taking people into your town willfully, the politicians are willfully, the mayor is in particular, and you're putting them in a situation where they can do harm to your constituents that you serve that elected you. I don't understand the thinking there. I thought, you know, at one point, there was this thought that this would be replacement theory, that these aliens would command, they would replace the people that have fled Illinois because they didn't want to put up with this nonsense anymore. And then therefore there would be some sort of dispensation and everybody in this country that came in illegally would be able to become citizens automatically and vote automatically, and therefore help one party keep and retain power. I thought that at some point, But even that doesn't make sense. I have no idea what the endgame is with a guy who runs the city of Chicago that allows this stuff to go on. Do you have any idea.
Speaker 3: I think the process here is that conservatives needs to stop trying to understand this extreme liberal left because there is no cognitive, logical explanation for what they're doing.
Speaker 4: I think it's pure evil.
Speaker 3: I think it goes back to politics as non a political war, as a spiritual war. It's pure evil, and these people could care less about Walkee's violent illegal aliens are doing to their citizenry as long as they see some.
Speaker 4: Sort of political win. Our political win.
Speaker 3: Is trying to get these people to come in and vote Democrat and keep them in office. And we're seeing with Doge why they want to stay in office When we're dealing with hundreds of billions. What we will see is trillions of dollars going into their pockets. So I think that's their endgame, and I think it's evil, and I think it's cruel, and I think they need to face federal consequences.
Speaker 4: You know, AOC I thought she.
Speaker 3: Would be smart and tell Tom Homan to it that he needs to read the constitutional. Tom Homan slapped back real quickly that he's forgotten more about the Constitution that she's.
Speaker 4: Ever learned, and she needs to learn.
Speaker 3: The criminal code because her harboring illegal aliens is a federal crime, and I think she should be held criminally liable for that.
Speaker 1: But you know what's going to happen. She's going to get reelected. These people that are affected most by what's going on in these cities like New York City, in Boston, in Chicago, they keep said of the same people back to office. For the life of me, I don't know why. Because the people that are voting, the people that can legally vote, that are here legally, that are voting citizens, they keep sending these same people back to office. I don't get that. It's almost a death wish it is.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what it is. I don't get that either.
Speaker 3: I will say that some hearts and minds are being changed, like the southern counties in Texas that have not voted Republican in over one hundred years, that in twenty twenty four did vote Republican again. These are heavily Hispanic populated majority cities and they voted for Trump. And the number one reason, the top two reasons. Number one is their communities are getting brutalized by these very violent cartels. Number two is when you can't buy groceries for your family or pay to keep a roof over your head, you start to question your political leanings. So I mean that's where we are we are starting. We need a lot more. We need outreach into those communities, and we need to make sure people realize the death and destruction that's caused by violent illegal alilllions being able to run free from an open border policies of the Biden Harris administration, Tom Homan and President Trump. Texas like this borders is our home and is our hero right now, man, because because we just can't take this. You know, our entire state is eleven million p I mean, he's thirty million people and we've had documented eleven million coming over. That's a third of our state and that doesn't include that got a waste. It's out of control. It's been out of control, and we are all very happy about what's happening to start to have some common sense with this illegal alien crime.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've got.
Speaker 3: Trenday Rodwood taking over apartment complexes. It's just insane now saying that no one should sigh a breath of relief. We have just begne, just begne. We have to stay strong, we have to keep working, and we have to keep winning elections on our side to push back this insanity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're absolutely right. And I said this four years ago that initially it was a Texas problem and it was going to become a problem for everybody because the people that were coming into this country, flooding this country illegally from the southern border because of Biden and Mayorcis. Initially it was a Texas problem. Now it's all over the country where schools are being strained, hospitals are being strained. There was absolutely no mechanism, none in place to deal with this other than let's open the door and let everybody in. It was absolutely astounding to watch, and of course one party had control and that's what they wanted, and now we're left with the residual effect. Lee Wamskan's chief communication officer is whether it's for Patriot MOBILELC. She's also a founding board member and executive director of Patriot Patriot Mobile Action. All right, you know what's coming next. In fact, we've seen it a little bit, but not to any great degree. What's coming next is going to be the pictures on local television and national television children being pulled from parents and screaming and crying and immediately trying to go to the heartstrings of America, which is what the media does best. Lee, I spent forty five years in local television. I know how the game is played. And you put somebody on TV that's crying, or put somebody on TV that looks like they're a victim and immediately, you're going to get people that sympathize. That's what's coming next. The syncophants in the media are going to start covering this in a very slanted way. So what should Americans that can actually think and not react do when they see these things that are coming from their local television sets.
Speaker 3: Well, and I'm already seeing some of that, And here's my response to that. We have created through open borders and an industrial human trafficking complex that's victimizing those children, and the most compassionate thing we can do is close our border. Says that the cartel industry, sex trade, human trafficking trade is down because those women and children that are crying are the ones that are in cages in Karen County in a drug cartel stash house.
Speaker 4: So that's the reality of that situation. But again, as you.
Speaker 3: Said, liberals don't think logically, don't see things like that. The people that have some sort of logic and reason and conservative values need to keep reminding them of that. And when we shut down this industrial human trafficking complex, then the world will be a nicer place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, one can hope home it is so far, I think he's done a terrific job. He seems to have cart launch with Trump. But you know, lawsuits are coming, so we'll see exactly what happens when this thing winds up in court. But you know, lawsuits are coming, right.
Speaker 4: They certainly are.
Speaker 3: It's a good thing that we have the federal criminal Code and the Constitution on our side. I think we're going to win those lawsuits because our national sovereignty is not something that we're going to let people take away from us.
Speaker 1: Well, Lee, I'll tell you what this is. Uh, this has been good, it's been enlightening, and I want to do this again. Can I hang on to your phone number? Will that be all right?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? Let's do it. Great talking to you kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lee, Wam's gone. She is with Patriot Mobile and she's on it. She's dead on this thing. All right, Lee, you have a great rest of the day and we will visit down the road.
Speaker 4: Thanks you too, God, Glad.
Speaker 1: No, thank you. And uh, you know there have been some leaks inside of ICE that have hindered some operations and DHS. Now Christy Nome, former governor Christy Nome, said, look, we got to do a polygraph test to find out where the leaks are coming from We're going to do it. They can and they will. So when it comes to this, Trump means business. It also remains to be seen if that business winds up in court. We do live in a litigious society, if you haven't noticed one seven News Radio, seven hundred WLW. Great moments.
Speaker 5: Are born from great opportunity, and that's what you have here tonight. Boys, that's what you've earned here tonight.
Speaker 1: One game.
Speaker 5: If we played them ten times, they might win nine.
Speaker 1: But not this game, not tonight. Tonight.
Speaker 6: We skate with them.
Speaker 5: Tonight, we stay with them, and we shut them down because we can.
Speaker 1: Tonight.
Speaker 7: Hell helloquets, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: God, you were born to be hockey players. SEG.
Speaker 8: Tonight's night big ken Brew Four Nations Championship, us A, the United States, the Canada.
Speaker 1: SEG. Would you say this is the biggest hockey game since the Miracle on Ice? Yes? I think it will be too. I hope we're not disappointed because I don't think we're going to get three fights in the first nine seconds.
Speaker 8: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think we're going to get a fight in the first nine seconds.
Speaker 8: No, like the like yeah, No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: And somebody's hurt, right, somebody like is in a hospital that plays for the USA. But Jarnie McAvoy I think is in the hospital. It's upper body injury. But they've got you know, they've got firepower. The United States has firepower. And I will see what happens. Sid the kid though, is playing for Canada.
Speaker 8: He's Eric Connor McDavid for Canada. And Nathan mccannon watch out for him.
Speaker 1: Good player. Yep. But I'm telling you say, there's something about this team. There's something about this USA team. Yeah. The Kochuck brothers, right, Matthew and Bratt Brady, right, yep. Yeah, their dad, Keith Kochuk, played in the National Hockey League.
Speaker 8: That's correct.
Speaker 1: But there was a guy that played in the National Hockey League back in the sixties and seventies. His name was spelled the same way, but his name was pronounced Tate Chuck. What happened why, I don't understand. I don't know. But they went to pronounce names dot com pronounced names dot com. Yeah, they probably didn't have that announced. Say I'm very I'm fired up about this game that I should be something else. I want to go somewhere and watch it. I like to go to Boston and watch it, but I know you can't get a ticket.
Speaker 8: Well, they're and they're also telling the United you know, the people there to uh not boo the Canadian national anthem like the Canadians booed the USA anthem and uh and what was it Montreal?
Speaker 1: Montreal the other night. So you know, you know who's going to be there. Reg Dunlap, the hand brothers, they're gonna be there. They're gonna be there.
Speaker 8: Sure, old time hockey like it is.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, yeah, coach, our line starts. Sure, there you go, there you go. The handsome brothers are showing.
Speaker 8: Maybe they're all stand on the they'll stand on the blue lines and have the anthems, and all of a sudden, the referee will be all jacked up and he'll he'll just turn around and go, I want a clean game. And they'll tell them to, you know what, go right down, go right down the bench with their sticks and just whack the guys in the face. And then hockey, What what happened? Red's Dunlap Better watch out for that guy.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you, well, I think redg is no longer on the earth. But uh but yeah, absolutely, I you know what saying. I'm fired up about this game. Now, man sweat a little bit. Now I want to see I want to I just want to see a good clean United States win.
Speaker 8: Correct, ken Brew, They stood reporters of proud service of her local temp Star Heating and air conditioning dealers tame star quality you can feel in Cincinnati called Stacey Heating Air Solutions five one, three, three six seven h E A T Spots. Thank you're Roxy and when he needs some heat these days absolutely rolled out there. We also want to thank Ron's Roost Restaurant and bar. That's clucking Good the thirty eight to fifty three Race Road on the good Old West Side at five one three, five seven four two two two sixty five years in business. Owner Olga Larkin just celebrated her ninety seventh birthday last week. Well, thank you birthday to Olga and Pam brought her on lunch down today. It was delicious. Now she was she was working ken Brew. Come on, hello, how about that college basketball last night? Morgan Morgan, West Virginia.
Speaker 1: I'm watching this game and like nine minutes to go. Minutes ago they got the lead Yeah, they're up by how many? Were they up by? Nine? Seven?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Seven and nine? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then they start hemorrhaging, and I'm thinking to myself, somebody, anybody, stop some take it, take a charge, stop, stop them, do something nothing.
Speaker 8: Yep, And we.
Speaker 1: Got crazy at the end. And the score wasn't as indicative as the game. I mean it just a West Virginia got sloppy with the ball at the end. But I'm looking at this team. They got to lead. All they gotta do is just keep playing the game the way they've been playing it.
Speaker 8: Eric Hat's now fifteen and eleven and five and ten in the Big Twelve. They host TCU Saturday. More tonight, ken Brew, you're thinking about USA and Canada the Wes Miller shows tonight eight oh five till nine from the original Montgomery in I don't.
Speaker 1: Think West can compete with USA Canada. I'm just saying I think so either. I think I think you see that that last night. I think that might have been it. If they they beat West Virginia last night, All things possible. I I I mean, what are they five and ten? Yeah? And the Big twelve?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and the horn Frogs come to town. The home of Andy Dalton on Saturday noon. Tip maybe Andy's coming high school basketball last night. Congrats to Moelar beat COVECAF sixty two to forty nine. Carl Kramer win number seven hundred total in his illustrious career with the Crusaders.
Speaker 1: You know, I think I covered his first ever win. How about that I might have covered his first ever win. Seven hundred of them? Nice numbers.
Speaker 8: Soccer Pavel Bucca two goals, Evander and Kevin Denke with goals as newcomers. FC Cincinnati knocks off those boys from Honduras f C Montagua four to one last night in the Champions Cup. So they will play here next week next Wednesday against a freezer opponent, and the MLS opener is Saturday night against the New York Red Bulls.
Speaker 1: We have Pat Noonan on the line right here. He wanted to weigh in on Pabel Buko's two goals last night. Can we take it? Seg right ahead, And.
Speaker 9: That was one of Pavel's strongest games, aside from the goals which he took well. I thought with the ball, very composed, connected great passes and defensively put in a really good shift there.
Speaker 1: We go, you say we play it.
Speaker 8: Red's getting ready for that Cactus League opener Saturday. There ken brew the action here on seven hundred WLW, Hunter Green starts against the Guardians. Now this is kind of interesting because I guess, uh, Terry Francona and some of the coaches are gonna coach, gonna manage the team against Milwaukee versus the Guardians. I guess with you know Francona's.
Speaker 1: Oh wait a minute, he doesn't want to he doesn't want to face his old team.
Speaker 8: And how about this too much emotion? How about this a new approach to bunting and Arizona. Oh yeah, the Reds. They're supposed to catch the ball with your bat. Yes, sure, they're catching the ball with a lacrosse stick to get it right? Are they going to be able to do? They stink, They stink and try to bunt.
Speaker 1: Do you honestly think they're going to do that at Great American Ballpark? He's you going to send them up there with a lacrosse stick? Yeah, try something else. I mean, you're going to have automatic gumpires. Why not fool them? Why don't you just send them up there with like a drain pipe? You know it's not a bad idea. I have to call them. You know, players don't want to bump. Players don't. They don't bunt. They view it as a wasted at bat. Right, Their agents tell them it's a wasted a bat. Don't do it. That's why they all they don't. They behave like they can't do it. Bunting is very easy, Wescott. The ball come in and you just cradle it.
Speaker 8: College football of Wisconsin coach Luke Fickle is receiving a one year contract extension for what and now runs through twenty thirty one.
Speaker 1: What has he done up there?
Speaker 8: Of course he's let's see where he went five and seven. Oh that's a gay Yeah bad, Yeah, not bad. He's thirteen and thirteen during his Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: That's worth an extension. There you go. Yeah, and now you think Luke Pickle actually thought he was going to win a national championship in Wisconsin. No, why the hell are you go up there? Then?
Speaker 8: I guess money, big tag, I guess yeah. I want it back to Big ten. Yeah, Doe raying to me, Okay, go back to the Big ten. You're in Wisconsin. You're not going to win a national championship.
Speaker 1: No, you don't win a national championship, those boosters are going to come after you eventually and get rid of you. All right, ken Brew, I'm sorry. The Trumpster is trying to end the Ukraine Russian War. Yeah, he's trying to end everything else. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Now, PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan, Tiger Woods, and Adam Scott are meeting with officials at the White House today and the tour hopes in another step of you reunifying men's professional golf.
Speaker 1: Trump just wants golf tips. He's got he's got a wedge problem exactly, and he's gonna he wants to work on his wedge plays.
Speaker 8: Why not, why not go? You know, you know what, you know what, that's what Baseball ought to do. Baseball ought to go and say, you know what, we want to revenue sharing deal like the NFL.
Speaker 1: The Trump sort will get it done. You know what, he's the president if he wants a few golf tips in there, and why not, He's gonna say, live, look, nobody's watching you. Okay, there was a nice idea. Nobody cares. He's gonna look at the PGA Tour. He's gonna say, PGA Tour some of your best players are over and live. The only time anybody pays attention to the PGA Tour is when you have a major tournament like the Masters. Other than that, when it's like the you know, the Hyundai, you know.
Speaker 8: Except for the Waste Management Open, that's funny.
Speaker 1: That's funny. But if it but if it's like the Hyundai, you know, under the engine, you know, Classic in Tucson, Arizona, nobody cares. Nobody cares, Nobody watches except the golf freaks, and the golf freaks are all gathered inside their country club getting drunk around one television set watching it. How do you know because I have been there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Willie invited you over to Kenwood.
Speaker 1: No, I've never been invited to ken Wood, and he's going to get invited in my seg, I don't know. The whole world's out of whacks. I don't know, ken Brew.
Speaker 8: Let's get back, Let's get the Trumpster to get us back on track, and you know, like the golf is going to the White House.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a questions, Seg. This just dawned on me this morning as I was getting dressed. Yes, you know, you think about things when you get dressed. You ever noticed that some of your best ideas come when you're slipping clothes on.
Speaker 8: That's for sure.
Speaker 1: Well it does for me. Yeah, And I was thinking about this. So there's a there are people right now, the shakers and movers in Cincinnati. They want to build a new arena downtown. Have you heard this? Yeah? I heard it. Yeah, you know Jeff Birding apparently is involved in this in some way. Yeah, all right, So so anyway, they want to get this new arena bill.
Speaker 8: Right across from what the district won in the music hall.
Speaker 1: Right, absolutely, let's put everything up there. And and so, uh, they want to build this arena, okay, and my my first question is always to do what?
Speaker 2: And for what.
Speaker 1: Are they going to have like a team in there? I mean, they're not going to build a new arena for the cyclones. They can't even put they they can't fill up a quarter of the arena they got right now? Right, what do you what?
Speaker 8: That's why they should have the gardens still around? Ken Brew? Well, I'm just the gardens was perfect for the cyclones.
Speaker 1: Do you think you're going Do you think you're going to lure gigantic concerts here? Do you think you're going to get an NBA franchise. Do you think you're going to get an NHL franchise? What what are you doing here?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: The thing is they missed all these big concerts, that's the thing. But you can't have I mean, you know how many of those are going to come here a year? They all go to Riverbend. Sega came up with an idea here about the whole thing. So this is what I think the brewview. Okay, this is what I think they ought to do. Buy the So build the arena, right, Okay, build the arena. You get the arena, and you don't go after you don't go after any teams. You don't go after NHL, NHL, ANBA, you don't go after any of that.
Speaker 1: What you do is you become the mecca. And what the mecca is is every single team has to play one game inside the mecca. So you don't necessarily need a franchise. You just have to have these teams come down here, you know, Columbus against the Rangers, Winnipeg against Florida, whatever it is, and they play in there. And what happens then is I know what you're thinking, what happens then, is you turn that whole area down there into a carnival like atmosphere every night when they have games at the Mecca, it's Rio Dasian Arrow. You have parades, you have costume women in boas. You know, you got guys that are like banging symbols and things like that, big parades through the streets. You have all the restaurants out down there opening up, the bars are just open. It becomes in essence of carnival atmosphere. And you can do this without a team. All you need remember is each team has to play there once. What should become then is party central for about five months every year. That's how they can do it without having to go out and get a tenant. I'm excited. I'm not bad. Well you get you know, you got hockey one night, NBA the next night.
Speaker 8: Right, all of a sudden is if they get an NBA or hockey team here, they're gonna stink for a while.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying you could, you could. You could. If you want to think big, call me. But if you want to think big, that's the way you think. Okay, ken Brew and Associates. I'm just saying this is what I taught. This is what I talked to myself about today when I was slipping on my socks.
Speaker 8: He's wondering what the topic is going to be tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'll see what happens if I wake up at my age.
Speaker 7: I never know.
Speaker 1: Say, get us out of the Stooge Report. I got a guy coming on here who's gonna tell us why gen Z has telephobia. They can't talk on the telephone. Bill text, but they can't talk on the telephone. Ken Brew and on her another cold day here in the tri State. We leave you and go us a. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 7: You know this man, I ain't never gonna be the guy that stands up and makes damn excuses like I ain't ever gonna do it.
Speaker 8: I just anybody that follows our program.
Speaker 1: It'll never happen.
Speaker 7: Okay, no matter how frustrated and pissed off I am, it ain't ever happening. Never gonna make excuses, but I'll talk about challenges. So don't get the two damn things confused.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's Wes Miller. That's Wes Miller.
Speaker 8: You know we've had to dump him a few times this year. Well, he had a dumb once.
Speaker 10: He might call.
Speaker 8: He might cost us. He's gonna cost us money.
Speaker 1: He's a Janet Jackson moment waiting to happen. Cow geez see, I'll see it a bit, Yes, sir, it's uh, it's I don't know what the time is. Just look at your watch. Seven hundred w.
Speaker 11: L w.
Speaker 1: Okay to a wait. Here we go, Here we go, Here we go. Just been handed. This winter is going to end in the next five weeks. Well that's encouraging, since opening days within the next five weeks. Welcome back. It's the average American in for the great American. As we push on here into this chilli Thursday afternoon, you might have noticed this I have. And generations suffer from a couple of things. One, they suffer from the criticism of the generation before, and they also suffer from not having anyone behind them that can push them along. Why because the generation behind them is ultimately younger and they're still trying to figure out how to park their tricycles, and the generation that came before them are trying to make their own way and think the way they did it was the right way. And who are these people that are coming up behind? It happens to everybody. The Greatest generation saw it with the Boomers, and the boomers saw it with gen Y, and then there was Millennials, gen X, Genever whatever is now gen Z, though, catches a lot of flack, and some of it is warranted, some of it's not. But I think this is something that you don't really have to be Einstein to figure out that particular group, the group born between nineteen ninety seven and twenty twelve, does not know, nor does it want to know, how to use a telephone. In fact, just be around somebody from that age group and see how they behave If their phone rings, don't pick it up. You know, the line may be well, if it's important, they'll leave a message, But it's also the way they view what a phone is anymore. You know, in the bad old days, there were no mobile phones, there was no texting phone rang, you had to pick it up. Hey, yeah, what do you want? Now, of course there's texting and somebody calls and they leave a message, But there is this telephobia that seems to be a problem with gen Z and I, for the life of me, I can't figure out why they they exist in their communication skills in one two hundred and eighty yeah, two hundred and eighty characters. But now, believe it or not, there are companies that are hiring people who come in and teach employees gen zers how to use a telephone, how to answer a telephone. I know it's just that the concept to me is just crazy. But I thought, how difficult can it be? And how intimidating is a phone? Now? The phone rings, you pick it up, you say hi. It's apparently not that easy. There's a workplace, a workplace expert by the name of David c Olcott, and I stumbled upon him a couple of weeks ago, and I said, you know, if I ever have a chance, I'm gonn I get him on the show. And I've asked him to join me today to talk about this phone call anxiety and how to overcome it and why this thing is not just you know, let's go grow up, snowflake and answer the phone. It's much different than that, because it's the way this generation was raised and how they view communications. But you get to the workplace and it may not fit in with what that company is trying to do anyway, I said, David Olcott is a workplace expert. He is the CEO of a company called Samurai Success, and I was reading, I think it was in Business Insider about Samurai Success and what it does and how it consults not just about this, but about a lot of ways so that things work a little less strenuous and a little more seamless when it comes to business. But the telephobio was the hook for me. I asked him to join me, and my gush, he has done that. Right now, let's go on to align for us where David is tonight and David o'cott, how are you on this glorious day?
Speaker 10: Ken, I'm doing very wonderful, and thank you for having me on the show.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're here. What is it about the under forty crowd and telephones and the inability to speak into one as opposed to whip their thumbs around one a keyboard on one of these things. What's going on here?
Speaker 11: So it's interesting because what we really do isn't study generations, if you will, We actually study human behavior and what makes us do what we do. And the new gen is just very much like in this way. You've heard the old adage practice makes perfect. Yeah, well, what if I said to you, practice actually makes permanent, and all of a sudden things start to make sense. Because if I practice texting, emails, doing these things all day long, then I'm going to be really good at them. I'm going to be skill set with us. But when I don't practice face to face communications, taking phone calls, making those phone calls, it affects my confidence and fear rushes in to fill the gap.
Speaker 1: But I have actually heard stories, and again this is anecdotal. This is not some scientific research that when a cell phone rings, a gen z or panics and they don't know what to do, or they'll let it go to voicemail because they don't want to interact voice to voice. So to go back to what you just said, if you are constantly doing that particular discipline when it comes to a communication device, chances are you'll be more comfortable with it because you've perfected it. Am I right here?
Speaker 10: Absolutely?
Speaker 11: As a matter of fact, this actually has a lot of research going back to what's called path lost doc right bell ringing and the dog would start salivating it was trained to do certain things. We have a lot of similar characterists. That's when it comes to our behaviors and our training, when it comes to animals, because we have a big part.
Speaker 10: Of our brain that's an animal.
Speaker 11: And so when you don't, when you have that noise that happens, then all of a sudden, you're like, you don't have the confidence that every since the time you hear the noise, your confidence is affected because we haven't practiced not around it.
Speaker 1: So then you get these younger folks. They go through the education process, high school into college. Maybe they get out of college when they're twenty two, maybe they are looking for work. Hopefully they're looking for work and they stumble upon some employer that has a bit of an interest in them. Would it not make sense that the employer who the hiring that's done by the employer, generally speaking, is done by older people in different generations. Would it not be whove the younger folks to learn exactly how to use the telephone?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, as a mater of fact, that an essential skill set's still in our humanity. If you will, AI hasn't taken an over, you know, quantum account machine.
Speaker 10: He hasn't taken over.
Speaker 11: So this is a skill set for at least the next twenty years, us and our ability to communicate with each other. Interestingly enough, when it comes to those machines, we actually have to communicate effectively with them by asking queuing questions.
Speaker 10: If you don't have that ability, you're really going to stuffer in the workplace. So absolutely agree with you. And this is the tough part of it. Conversation.
Speaker 11: CEOs and owners of businesses are already making such a huge investment. I know, I'm a small medium sized as owner. I coach people like this every single day. But we can't keep working off the old models, the old patterns. They just don't work anymore. We're going to have to step up our game. I know that's hard to hear that We've got to start training those folks. Are having an opportunity to train those folks, buy those older folks that are really skilled in this skill set and answering a telephone and answering a telephone actually role playing taking phone calls in that sales situation. How to deal with us creating a script also being able to get off that script, because the secret of sales is once I have the script, I have to be able to listen to what the other person is saying. And that's the real challenge is that when you isolated yourself for years and years and you've been working on your computer and you're texting, you don't have those natural cues that you and I have developed because we've been socialized.
Speaker 10: To do that, we've practiced to do that. They're missing that skill set, David.
Speaker 1: That that's about as saying of things that I've heard today. You've got to teach someone how to use a telephone. And again I'm not being judgmental about a particular generation, and I try hard to understand this because a lot of what we learned when we were growing up, in other words, telephone skills, comportment on the telephone, how to handle the telephone, well, it was all social. We didn't have Facebook, we didn't have x, we didn't have any of these social media platforms. And so if you wanted to communicate, in the case of a guy with a girl, you actually had to pick up the phone call and he had to develop those skills so that you might have a chance to do something with somebody else on a Friday night, as opposed to sitting in a room and watching reruns Again against Island. So I mean there was a social aspect that helped you with what you would need to do later on in life with the phone. And I understand a lot of these younger kids don't have that, But think about what what you just said, and how sad that is. I mean, that's boy, that gives me pause to cause to pause and say, where are we going here as a society.
Speaker 11: Enough, let's talk about that dating scene. Remember, not only have we not encouraged people through you know, our kids, through motivation to be able to be better on the phone, which is an essential skill set or communication one on one, we've developed apps that helped you date people. So you're not even actually doing the things that you and I had to grow up, and we're very motivated to learn those skill sets. If those things are then handed to you, it just says, hey, let this ap take care of before you you never developed that skill set.
Speaker 1: It's so yeah, that's just staggering. And again I can't lay at all on the generation, this gen Z generation, because let's face it, if we had these things at our fingertips when we were growing up in the bad old days, maybe we would do the same thing as well.
Speaker 4: I don't know would we.
Speaker 11: Would have absolutely done the same thing because we're a human being. I mean, I know we're separated by this age thing and everything else, but I will tell you we're conditioned to be able to do certain things. But we've got to step outside of that. Here's the good news about this, and so maybe we can take some of the sadness away. Remember during the nineteen sixties, I grew up during that time, and I will tell you that we were.
Speaker 10: Having a revolution.
Speaker 11: During the time, people were protesting in mobs and masses and people were really upset. Guess where those same people are today that we're out there protesting. There are Supreme Court justices, there are legislators, there are all these people are in high command of this country right now, and that's going to continue, right.
Speaker 1: No, I understand. Look, I'm sure some of the folks that are struggling to use the phone, telephone phobia, whatever it may be. I'm sure those people are going to grow up and they're going to be dynamics, some of them anyway, or they're going to do the great things that the people from our generation did as well. It will be in a different way of communicating. But it's still at all. It's not Supreme Court justices. I'm worried about. I'm worried about Joe who runs a business down on the corner that's got to sell widgets. And if he's got some snowflake that's twenty eight, twenty nine years old that can't communicate on the telephone, guess what, Joe's not going to sell a lot of widgets. And I think, you know, there could be a problem in this country, not just with communication telephone as opposed to text and whatnot, but just how the business is conducted in this country. At the end of the day, we make things. At the end of the day, we sell things. That's what makes our country go. And if we can't sell things that we make, and all of a sudden, we got a problem here, and that I guess that's the area I'm worried about here.
Speaker 2: David.
Speaker 11: Yeah, as a matter of fact, that's exactly why our company was designed, so that we could help people train these skill sets back into this into the business pipe because we are missing that elements.
Speaker 10: And you're absolutely right, and even go even further.
Speaker 11: I remember the people who are driving you know, you know, artificial intelligence and things like this business machinery are the business owners today because they're seeing the lack of interest and motivation from the labor force to be able to do the task that are necessary.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what does your company do? You say you try and help people that aren't used to using them. I'm sure it's more in depth what you do, but you help people who are not used to using the phone to actually talk into the phone. And I'm sure they're programs. What do one of those programs look like?
Speaker 11: So one of those programs is really what we call executive coaching, where we sit down with a business owner and we actually create a structure of tiered organized training to be able to bring their labor force up to speed, if you will, within the company. Now, I will tell you there's a fascinating thing that we do here that's very unique in the coaching industry because we focus on psychology and we also focus on design work, which is building your business processes and models. But we also have a financial component. So when you typically hire a coach, to hire a psychologist or someone helps you, you know, with the headspace, if you will, we do those other two elements to support that headspace so that you can actually see that your ideas are making sense and helping you become profitable.
Speaker 1: My guess then would be that although it might be geared to a specific gauge group, there's probably benefits to someone that's older too, maybe a boomer or maybe a millennial or somebody like that that you know, needs to sh arpen up skills as well. I guess what I'm saying is, you know, even though it's probably some sort of you know, invasive, let's get to it, let's write down, let's get in there right now. What do they call it when you said everybody, everybody gets in a room, they sit down, and they tell somebody they've got a drinking problem, and we're getting the out of the room. Yeah, I'm sure there's that going on with the younger set, but with the older set, it's probably like you know what, we could probably brush up on this as well. Yeah.
Speaker 11: As a matter of fact, that intervention strategy, right, which is usually hostile coaching, is very much that without the hostility and judgment. So, hey, you really do want to make a difference, we can help you do that because we have technologies about how people actually work, not how we think they work. But how you actually work and you work on you that's the most important thing because once you have a good sense of who you are and with the confidence you bring to the table, you can master almost any capability that you want.
Speaker 1: And so your company is samuraized success, which I guess this is only one small part of it, right, Yes, it is. So you're like you go in. You'll go into like a company like what we have here in Cincinnati, Procter and Gamble, Kroger or whatever, and if they've got some sort of deficiency something that's heard it in their product productivity. You go in there and you you kind of look around, see what's going on, and say, okay, here's how we attack the problem.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 11: As a matter of fact, we go in and actually sit down with your people and we learn from them and something we call teach, train and transfer. You are masters of your universe of what you do. I don't care how many years of consulting or coaching that I have. I don't know your business. So we come in and we discover what works for you, and then we map it out so everybody is literally on the same page. There's no questions, there's no deletion, distortion or generalization. People know exactly what they do, so we write it out with them, and then we started coaching from that position.
Speaker 1: I'm the master of my own universe. Didn't Jerry Seinfeld do a whole episode on that.
Speaker 2: Is up there.
Speaker 10: I don't think what you're saying is what you think of me.
Speaker 1: Yet, just checking there, David, do you have great faith in the under I guess the under forty crowd, you know, the folks that were born between nineteen ninety seven and twenty twelve. Do you have faith that what they the way they go about their lives, which I think is of some sort of either amusement or consternation to the over fifty crowd, Do you have faith in that group or or is it something you think needs a lot of work.
Speaker 11: I think it's a little bit of both. I absolutely have faith that God makes perfect things. So we are in a situation where it's like, Okay, how do we solve this issue with well the resources we have? And I will tell you as I look into the future and watch this whole idea around AI and quantum acuting, guess who is best suited for that? The newer generation. They're so suited They are so good and intimate with complexity and technology, where I really struggle with that personally. They have a gift around that. It's like as if they almost see it coming down the road and they're getting prepared.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 11: I have great faith in what we're doing with that, but I also agree that it's going to take some training to be able to catch up to the slaver force, to be able to really take advantage and be resourceful with him.
Speaker 1: David C. Elcott. His book is Swords of Elimination and you can find him at Samurai Success Samurai success dot com. Good stuff. I have more faith now in the in the generation treat that they have come after me after this short time we've spent together. David, stay well, I'm going to die you up again. I'm sure we need to hear your voice.
Speaker 10: Thanks, I'm good man. Thanks you mining.
Speaker 1: Telephobia phone range, Just pick it up. It's not gonna bite you.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 1: The bad's gonna happen at the very least, it's going to be somebody selling you something you don't want.
Speaker 2: Just just end it.
Speaker 1: But it's keeping guys like old cotton business, so I guess he kind of likes it. I guess he kind of likes it a lot to twenty five on this Thursday. Yes, yes, yes, the average American in for the great American seven hundred w L love to you. Great moments.
Speaker 5: Are born from great opportunity, and that's what you have here tonight. Boys, that's what you've earned here tonight.
Speaker 1: One game.
Speaker 5: If we played them ten times, they might win nine, but not this.
Speaker 1: Game, not tonight. Tonight. We skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them, and we shut them down because we can. Tonight. We are the greatest hockey in the world. Helloquets, I'm broadcasting, you know, seg I don't know who was a better coach. I don't know if it was Herb Brooks or Kurt Russell. I didn't tell that's true. Oh, Kurt Russell had Herbie Brooks down. He had Herbie Brooks down absolutely, that's for sure. That was the greatest sporting moment in my lifetime.
Speaker 8: America. When they beat the Russians, then they had to beat the what the Finland right for the gold?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: They beat the Finns for the gold? Yeah, they were The Fins had him down I think to nil to nothing, and they came back and won. And if I'm not mistaken, Mike Ruzioni who who was the captain of that USA team. I think at some point after the Olympics he wound up playing for Toledo in the International Hockey League. Really, if I'm not mistaken, I was involved in a charity hockey game I played many years ago when I lived and worked in Tampa, and Phil ver Coodo was part of the team that I was on. About that, Yes, about that. Those A lot of those guys made a lot of money off that Olympic team, and then I couldn't. A lot of them made a lot of money.
Speaker 8: Four Nations attorney Tonight ken Brew in Boston Championship USA v. Canada at eight o'clock. Yes, get a better net. No, that else matters. The Stootu Report is a proud service of your local tame Star Heating and air conditioning dealers, Tamestar quality. You could feel in Cincinnati. Call Wyoming Air at won eight eight eight nine h V A c spot.
Speaker 1: Called Wyoming up. I say, Wyoming semi some air. That's yeah, you got heatd there now it's called out there. Oh yeah, we don't need any of that.
Speaker 8: College basketball last night ken Brew. Of course West virgin and a wild one knocks off those Bearcats, so they go fifteen eleven, five and ten. They host TCU tonight. Wes Miller showed Saturday. I mean, oh yes, Saturday, Wes Miller show tonight. Original Montgomery in after Sports talking eight oh five here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: He'll be there. Terry Nelson will be there.
Speaker 8: Terry Nelson, ken Brew and the co board, the yep, they'll be eating ribs most likely. Man, let's see congratulations. In high school basketball, Moler over Cuff CAF last night. Carl Kramer seven hundredth career win with the Crusaders, Carl.
Speaker 1: Kramer, if I'm not mistaken at Mohler was also the assistant principal at one time who handed out discipline as well.
Speaker 8: Soccer a Pavel Buca with two goals of Andander and Kevin Denkey with the goals in their debuts. FCC wins last night and the Champions Cup. The MLS opener Saturday night against the New York Red Bulls.
Speaker 1: Last night.
Speaker 8: Reds are getting ready to battle the Cleveland and in Cleveland Guardians for the Cactus League opener in Arizona. On Saturday. Yeah, all of the action will be right here on seven hundred WLW with the RNL carriers inside pitch.
Speaker 1: I think that's right after a basketball game, isn't it. That's correct, Hunter Green. I'm not working on Saturday. What I'm not?
Speaker 8: We got basketball? We got the Reds that wants to hear me. If you got that, you got a point there, Hunter Green. Goes for the Reds on Saturday and it's a split squad. Graham Ashcraft will start for the Reds against the Milwaukee Brewers.
Speaker 1: And you told me in the last hour that Terry Francona and his staff are going to be with the split squad at the road game. They don't want to be there when they take on the Guardians. The pressure would be too much on Francona. That's what you told me, right correct.
Speaker 8: The Yankees advantager Aaron Boone have agreed on a two year contract extension now through the twenty twenty seventh season. Boone is in his eighth year as Yankees manager. Of course, a major leaguer for twelve season, there's a lot of that with the Reds, so he gets a deal. Wisconsin football coach Luke Fickle receiving a one year contract extension that will now run through twenty thirty one. He was hired away from the Bearcats in December of twenty twenty two, and he finished five and seven.
Speaker 1: Do you know said who the Reds got in return for Aaron Boone when they traded him to the Yankees in two thousand and three. Wasn't that Roberto Kelly negative? Oh my gosh, so no. Kelly was in ninety four for Paul O'Neil. Oh ninety three. Let's see Brandon Clawson and some other guy named Charlie Manning. That worked out, didn't last I heard Brandon Clawson was running some tires store in Texas. Seriously real, Yeah, running some tire store in Texas. Good luck to him. That's one that didn't work out. Aaron Boone goes to New York. It's a home run that knocks Boston out of the the the World Series race. The Red's got a guy that you know, lou Boil and filter change.
Speaker 8: In five minutes.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Brandon worked that close. I don't know they were a hailing this guy is like when he came here, they were there was more smoke getting blown up in the air, remembered what's his name, leather pants, Jim Bowden.
Speaker 8: He was gone.
Speaker 1: They fired him, and it was up to some guy I can't remember that was left running the front office. I'm almost positive that was the same in that same time when they got Aaron Harang too. Okay, it's like they were dumping Saldaries left and right. But anyway, but they got Brandon Claws and for Aaron Boone, and Aaron Boone winds up managing the Yankees every year long about May or June. The immedia in New York wants to fire Aaron Boone, and the guy keeps getting new contracts. Yep, twenty twenty seven. He's good through twenty twenty seven. Correct, So I will say the rest may be on another manager by then.
Speaker 8: I hope not.
Speaker 1: I hope keep this one around for a while. Just you know, you just look at their track record.
Speaker 8: Correct, Well, that's true, you're right, yeah, all right?
Speaker 1: What else we got here? Six?
Speaker 8: That's all I got Ken Brow who got nothing else? I got nothing else.
Speaker 1: It's no games tonight, uh not?
Speaker 8: No, everybody's not. Everybody well Northwestern in Ohio state plays. That's about it.
Speaker 1: No, I think I'll miss that one.
Speaker 8: Everybody. That's the nk us an action tomorrow. So's Miami and so is Dayton. They all play on Friday night, seg. Victor wembin Yama is out for them now. I saw that it's something like blood vessels in his shoulder or.
Speaker 1: Something that vain thrombosis the sound of a movie I saw the other night, Deep vain thrombosis.
Speaker 8: He goes on Netflix or something.
Speaker 1: It could have been. I don't know when fews are going on. Wow, but I know big. That's a that's a big blow to the Spurs, that's for sure. He'll blue. Are you watching this game that I seg?
Speaker 8: Yes, I'll watch it. I'll watch a little of it, Yes, sir, a little of it. Well we we some of us have to get up early, ken Brew.
Speaker 1: Well take a nap when you go home today. Okay, you can't watch a little of a game.
Speaker 8: We'll watch it.
Speaker 1: No, we got to watch the whole thing. We will watch it tonight, all right, all right, all right, seg. I have nothing else here. Okay, what'd you think of my idea about the Mecca? Interesting? I got a bunch of feedback on that. Well, not all of it was good. In fact, none of it was good.
Speaker 8: I don't know. I mean, they they're gonna have to. They're gonna have to. I mean, like you said, they're gonna have to go after you know, some kind of pro team.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean, is the NBA going to come here?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: Is the NHL gonna come here with already Columbus.
Speaker 1: No, not gonna come And really, do you realize the the I mean, everybody's we can get the team and all that. Wait a minute, hang on, step back, batman, Here's what how much do you think those tickets cost? Over above that, who's gonna buy the sweets? Because that's where the money is, correct. There's only so many companies in this town or this size that can buy those suites, correct, and they already own suites and everywhere else bingo. So I mean it's like, you know, Sentas can only afford so many sweets, P and G. Only so many sweets, right, iHeart, Although I've never been in one of those sweets, I hear they're very nice. Can only afford so many sweets, correct. That's why I like my idea of an All Star arena where every single NBA team, and every single NHL team plays one of their games each year at the Mecca. Now you put in like basketball tournaments, you have like a Big Five tournament. Get UC, you get Xavier, Miami, I'll go my Miami, Dayton UK and Dayton. There you go, there you go. I don't know about Dayton. Maybe NKU instead of dating. But at whatever event, you do a Big Five and you have the Big Five Tournament every year there Like they haven't in Philadelphia, nobody calls me seg about this stuff.
Speaker 8: Maybe they will now, ken Brew, Maybe maybe you'll be the caretaker of the Mecca.
Speaker 1: It's like the F one race. I've got all planned out of my head for the Kentucky Speedway, which, by the way, have you been buy that place lately?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, I think i'd cry. If you need weeds, they can sell you something down there.
Speaker 8: I can imagine. I can imagine weeds.
Speaker 1: And crickets at that place, yep. But just the F one race that could go in there. I'm thinking, you build this arena. Forget about chasing a franchise or going after it because you're talking billions of dollars. Just say, look, this is going to beat the Mecca. And so maybe when you have this year like the Four Nations tournament, anyway you play it, you play some of the games there. I'm telling you it would be a money maker. The entire area would look like Rio Dasian Arrow. There would be dancing in the streets, liquor flowing in the streets. They would have restaurants and bars open from here to next week. And you know what, when it was all over, I'd be standing on the halls of steps of city Hall and the duck guy, the mayor, you know, a flak, he would be handing me a key to the city.
Speaker 8: I guarantee you, I don't know, ken Brew, will wait and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Everybody waits and see. Sega's the people that act right now, those are the people that make money.
Speaker 8: Maybe they had, maybe the city ought to get a hold of you.
Speaker 1: Now, well they have on several occasions for tickets I didn't pay, Okay, I am well, get us out of the stooge, reports Egg ken Brew.
Speaker 8: In honor of another cold day in a tri state, but temperatures going up starting as tomorrow. Good in the next week, Thank goodness. We leave you with the immortal words of the stew.
Speaker 1: Report right now. It is always great to have you amongst us. Thank you again for your health tonight.
Speaker 8: You're just saying that because wild Man Walker wasn't available for.
Speaker 1: Segment two tonight.
Speaker 8: Well think I know who'll call him first.
Speaker 1: But I gotta go.
Speaker 8: I got a ten o'clock gig tonight at the retirement village in Blue Ass. But we're supposed to play naked Twister. Well, how did that naked Twister game go? I don't know, asked the Wizard. I don't know. I wasn't there.
Speaker 1: You were there, weren't you? No, I thought he was playing with you, not me. I thought the Wizard played with you. Yep, it's all you know what se It's all a blur, Drake and for it sure is all a blur.
Speaker 8: That's for sure.
Speaker 1: All right. It's two to fifty news radio. I hope, so, I hope at some point to news radio seven hundred. W WELW. Fattel is the new Director of the FBI, just so confirmed in a Senate vote fifty one to forty seven. Two Republicans voted against him. Anybody want to anybody want to guess? Yep, the Dolly Sisters Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski. Mitch McConnell, on his way out the door, said yeah, I'll vote for the guy. Why not? So there's some of that. Well, wait a minute, wait a minute, hang on, we have some breaking news. Joining us here in the studio is one of the true legends of broadcasting and an even figure legend on the NFL field. That would be Walking Jay Boyman, who is getting ready for his show in just a few minutes with the Eddie fingers. Hello, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: Are you boss?
Speaker 1: Look any better? I'd be triplets?
Speaker 8: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: So let me let me ask you about Mitch McConnell. Okay, I'm on record. The guy should have declared victory and gone home after he blocked Merrick Garland from getting on the Supreme Court. I've always said that the GOP in Kentucky could do better than him. I've said that for a while. So he's leaving. But Kentucky is hardly a red state. It's it's more of a purple state now. And Andy Basheer is a fairly popular governor in that state. Where do you see that seat that McConnell had, Where do you where do you see it going and can the Republicans retain it? I think so.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's got to be someone that's a little bit more in line with the modern Republican Party, which is to say, you know Trump, right, And it's got to be someone because that's you know, McConnell was a little more old school and didn't really vibe well with Trump, and he did some great things I think early in his career, but then as the party kind of morphed into more America first and you know, that sort of thing, I don't think he was really up with that. So he's gone, and as far as who replaces him, I'm not sure. I have to think about that a little more than the news is pretty new.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I didn't. I mean I saw a list of the suspects and I really didn't recognize any of them. And he had wielded such a a giant piece of power there that I think it ran off a lot of the people that might have been in the past primary challengers for him, certainly, or people that just would be a voice that might be, you know, try and come up and be stronger than his. So we'll see. It's it's certainly a big day politically in this country, and it's a it's a passing guard. The other thing, I want to get your thoughts. I don't know if you guys are doing this, but I think you know all of these people that are upset that it looks like Trump is going to deal with Putin first before Zelenski. And you know, Zelensky is upset because Trump called him a dictator. I wouldn't have done that, but let's face it, there are a lot of things about Zelensky that fits the role of dictator. I think Trump as crazy as a fox. I think he knows exactly what he's doing, and I think he knows exactly what he wants, and what he wants in some way, shape or form are the minerals that are in Ukraine, knowing full well that China's big hammer over US is minerals in case they go sideways there. I'm not upset about Zelensky being upset because he doesn't exist if it weren't for American taxpayers.
Speaker 6: Right, I mean for me ken I can't understand why other people don't don't see this, And now maybe I got it wrong, but here's how I see it. Trump in his essence, is a deal maker, right that he wants to get a deal done to stop that war that's in everybody's best interest. So the left complains he's budding up to Putin and he's you know, saying favorable things about Putin and anti things against Selensky. When you go into a negotiation, Ken, when you were at Channel five and you was your contract was up, would would you go into your boss, whether you liked him or not, and and degrade him and call him a dictator and tell him this and that, or would.
Speaker 8: You kind of you know you're gonna gonna you're gonna negotiate with him, so you kind of pump him up a little bit.
Speaker 6: I think I think Trump knows that Putin is an evil guy, but he needs to get a deal done here. And the last thing you want to do when you're trying to strike a deal with someone is insult them.
Speaker 8: So he's trying to pump him up a little bit.
Speaker 6: And you know, so you know, Putin is a very you know, as a masculine guy, and saving face for his country, Russia is something that's important. So I think he's doing all of this not not to because he loves Putin because he knows he's got to get a deal done with him. And you make a deal with someone on good terms, not on favorable terms by throwing arrows at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, anyways, a great point when I was at Channel five and I would go in there, I did not like insult In trying to mean the people that were paying me. The first time, I just told him I was going to Channel twelve, Channel nine.
Speaker 8: There you go, whatever you got to do.
Speaker 6: But you didn't insult anybody on the way into that meeting, right, Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Boughted him up.
Speaker 6: And boy, I've really enjoyed working here and this is great and you're great and everybody's great.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just think that's what Trump's trying to do, and the left it just thinks he's he sees eyed eye with Putin. I don't think Trump feels that way at all. He said, look, I got to get a deal done, and I can't do this in good faith. If the guy thinks I'm attacking, he'll, you know, kind of bristle up and we won't get a deal done.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't wait to hear what's on the docket with you and Eddie. You tell Eddie I said Hi, Rocky, and you stay well okay, Because I say this to people that I like, we need to hear your voice.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Ken, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: It's coming up on the news time and after that it is Eddie and Rocky and they'll take your right till six o'clock on seven hundred w WELW