Speaker 1: Come to February. It's Harry styles birthday.
Speaker 2: Johnson job. Don't know what for get turning the heads when you walk through the part. Don't even make up to cover up being the way.
Speaker 3: That your job is in the house.
Speaker 4: Everyone else in the room to see everyone else bad. You don't know everyone else in the room to see it. Everyone else bad?
Speaker 5: Word like nobody else?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Why to you flipt joy against me?
Speaker 5: Oh else after crowning ain't hard? You don't know, You don't know your building on you So I see you don't understand why I want you so desperately right out at you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back when Harry was singing songs to girls, maybe we think what makes you beautiful is what makes us all beautiful. We are all unique individual creatures and creations of God Almighty. That is enough for me, Gary Jeff Walkert, five thirty six. On this Saturday, February first, twenty twenty five, before we look ahead to look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these, eighteen sixty five, abolitionist John Rock becomes the first black lawyer admitted to the bar of the US Supreme Court. Change was happening during World War II. One of America's most highly decorated military units, the four hundred and forty second Regimental Combat Team, made up almost exclusively of Japanese Americans, was activated. The year was nineteen forty three. Nineteen fifty nine, men in Switzerland rejected giving women the right to vote. Swiss women finally gained that right in nineteen seventy one. Four black college students began a sit in protest at a Woolworth's lunch counter in Greensboro, North Carolina. In this date in nineteen sixty they'd been refused service there just for being black. This date, in nineteen seventy nine a major turning point in the Middle East. Iranian religious leader Ayatola Ruola HOLMANI welcomed home by millions as he ended nearly fifteen years of exile. And that began the American hostage crisis, the taking over of our embassy, and all those other things that were acts of war, even though we seemingly haven't acted like they committed acts of war against us in the years since. Don't quite understand. Not been a good week, and that is the understatement of the morning for aviation A couple of things in the air tied to February first, nineteen ninety one and arriving US JEDA airliner crashed atop a commuter plane on a runway loss and I remember seeing the piggyback thing. Thirty five people died more on things in the air going wrong in just a moment. This date. In nineteen eighty four, Jeff Galuli, remember the name Galulei, Tanya Harding's ex husband, pleaded guilty guilty to racketeering charges for a part of the attack on figure skater Nancy Kerrigan. This date. In two thousand and two, Wall Street journalist Daniel Pearl killed by Islamist militants in Pakistan after being kidnapped just nine days before that February first, two thousand and three. I remember I was on the air that Saturday morning, twenty two years ago today when the Space Shuttle Columbia broke apart as it re entered the Earth's atmosphere. I remember Darryl Parks, who was following me at nine o'clock in the morning, saying, this isn't good. It wasn't Darryl. We were all waiting for Columbia to land, and they were thirty seconds late, they were a minute late, they were five minutes late. When he said this isn't good. Unfortunately he was right, it wasn't good. All seven crew members perished. All right. Famous folks celebrating birthdays today. If you were having a February first birthday, man, I hope it's the best it could possibly be. Garrett Morris from Saturday Night Live Fame, but in the early days is eighty eight today. Garrett used to do the news for the hearing and paired, where he would just yell the headlines. Cool. I guess. Princess Stephanie of Monaco is sixty today. Actress Sherylyn Fenn turned sixty. US Soccer Hall of Famer Michelle Akers is fifty nine on this February first. Paulie Shore is fifty seven. I Got You, Bady. Actor Michael C. Hall has a birthday to day. Rapper Big Boy from Outcast is fifty. Jason isbel Great singer songwriter forty six today. Mixed martial artist Ronda Rousey is thirty eight. A producer Liam Tomlinson. That is his cougar dream is Ronda Rowsey. He'd like to go around two with Rowsy he's told me so. Actress Julia Garner has a birthday, she's thirty one, and we mentioned Harry Styles and again, if it's your birthday, I hope it is absolutely the best day you could possibly imagine, doing the things you love with the people you love to do them with. Truly my wish for you. We'll get you started next. It's five forty one on the Saturday morning edition on seven hundred wlwday. We got to tell you some strange things are going on around here. So anyway, partly cloudy a hive, have only forty today, man, after we got teased with the sixty yesterday. We'll be back there in fact tomorrow, cloudy in fifty seven for a high, mostly cloudy on Monday all the way up to sixty six before we fall off again on Tuesday. Maybe the groundhog will tell us everything we need to know. Maybe just the temperatures tell us everything we need to know. It's chilly start though, And here is Liam Tomlinson with seven hundred wl Sports Squire, what's going on today?
Speaker 3: The return of John Caliperry to Reparenas. Tonight, Arkansas travels to Lexington in a conference matchup against the Wildcats. Pre game coverage begins at seven thirty. Tip is set for nine on ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: All right, hang on just a second. On that story, A Wildcat fan I talked to at the bar yesterday said, I hope they don't cheer him. I hope they don't boo him. I hope they act like he doesn't matter. Silence.
Speaker 3: I think that would hurt him worse almost John Chapras emotional guy.
Speaker 1: All right. Anyway, MKU is on the road in Rochester, Michigan, to face Oakland.
Speaker 3: Jim kelschrom Ric Browing have covered the game beginning at three thirty. Tip is set for four. You can listen to that on ESPN fifteen thirty. Xavier is off this weekend and you see host West Virginia tomorrow at two. Pregame covers begins at one thirty. You can catch all that action right here on seven hundred WLW. Officially February, which means that baseball season is quickly approaching. Pitchers and catchers report February tenth. Squad workouts begin February seventeenth, fifty three days till opening day. You can catch all that right here on seven hundred WW home of the best REDS coverage.
Speaker 1: All right, and one more question, are you watching any of the Pro Bowl antics this weekend?
Speaker 3: I turned it on Thursday night. Wall was run the NKU game. I saw Joe Burrow do a skills challenge Nico Collins. I mean, they gave you all the trivia answers. You screwed Joe Burrow over what are we doing? But Joe Burrow was very vocal at the Pro Bowl about his teammates getting the money they deserve. And you can say that comments about Jamar, Chase, t Higgins and Trey Hendrickson.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic. Well, we'll follow this story, of course as it progresses. Mametree and Dick are already in the house. We got things to do. Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: You are locked on to news radio seven hundred W LW.
Speaker 1: Hot seat again and it's that's fine. It's a cold morning. I appreciate the heat. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, eight hundred D big one to get in touch and thermometry is standing by. Good morning, dear, Good morning Live. Liam tells me you have the blues this morning. Why you got the blues? Baby?
Speaker 7: Not to be the f l U e flu.
Speaker 1: Oh the flu. I thought you had the blues.
Speaker 8: That's blues now, Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the flu will give you the blues.
Speaker 7: I lost some boys over night. I just want my friends out there to know that I am alive.
Speaker 9: But my boys went south.
Speaker 1: Well, well, sweetie, I hate that I talked to UH. You know, I don't know if you've ever heard of the man named Jay Ratliffe. Jay Ratliffe is UH, the aviation expert who's known not only here in Cincinnati, but all over the nation. And when things happen like this terrible plane crash in Philadelphia or earlier in the week the plane crash in Washington, d C. In Arlington, Virginia, rather where sadly there was so much loss of life. And I asked him if he'd come on with me this morning when I was texting me, he said, no voice, So he's going through it too. I have had laryngitis in this while doing this job. I've had laryngitis about three times, and it got to the point where I had to take off a week of work because I simply couldn't talk. I couldn't get anything else. So I know exactly how you're feeling, babe, and I hope that you feel better.
Speaker 7: My boys left about nine.
Speaker 10: O'clock last night.
Speaker 1: Right, No, you're right, and I felt fine other than I couldn't talk right, And you know what, that's a job hazard when you work in radio. If you can't talk, it's kind of a moot point, right, and you.
Speaker 11: Can't it's saying is you can't breathe.
Speaker 9: You can't breathe? You get think?
Speaker 8: It took me eight hours?
Speaker 10: Eed a meal?
Speaker 1: Eight hours?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was how many courses were in this meal? Maometry?
Speaker 12: I mean?
Speaker 1: Was that sounds like a fourteen course meal? Eight hours? I'd have to take a nap in between.
Speaker 7: Stop wasting time.
Speaker 11: I was shying to chew and trying to breathe. So I allowed this with chewing and breathe and drake plenty of fruit, juice of that water yesterday. It's weird.
Speaker 7: Do you feel good one minute and then you shot out there the next second?
Speaker 9: And this is it?
Speaker 1: Well, darling, I'm not gonna make you talk anymore than you should have to. I appreciate the phone call as always. We love you. Get better and we missed that glorious singing voice.
Speaker 7: Pray for everybody here that this will be the last notch of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is you. You're on the way back. You're on the comeback trio.
Speaker 7: Mam Tree Big three weeks now. It has a name of Blue.
Speaker 1: Mama Tree has the flu blues this morning. And you know, Mam Tree, you know what the blues are. No, the blues are just a good person feeling bad.
Speaker 7: It's not too much that, it's just that I can't praize.
Speaker 1: All right, baby, Well you get off the phone and get yourself better and we'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 3: Okay, that should be better, all right.
Speaker 1: Dear, thank you poor thing. But if you're not a fan of mamm Tree singing from time for some bicken and some grinning and just a little visiting with our friend Dick from Dayton, Good morning.
Speaker 13: Dick, Good morning, giry goos. How are you good?
Speaker 1: You sound good? Poor Lynette, Mam Tree. I don't know if you heard her, but yeah, to bad to barely croak it out, man. I. So we're prayers forrmometry this morning. What's been going on in your neck of the woods.
Speaker 13: Well, I finally got to get up to the little Dulcimer group on Monday up at Saint Leona, it's about five minutes from here, and we had a pretty good crowd. Everybody was I know Marshall lives out toward Germantown. Oh, pretty good. And then I got a couple of calls from my friends the strummers. Somebody's trying to come in and get me some transportation. And that's for good. So I'll be going. One of my friends is gonna pick me up. The band Joe group couldn't play for a month because of the bad weather. But my friend John is gonna, I think pick me up.
Speaker 1: John's a good guy.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, he's been around thirty eight years. He's got Weber automotives. A great guy, great guy.
Speaker 1: All right. So so anyway, the dulcimer group, how was that good?
Speaker 14: It was good?
Speaker 13: It was good.
Speaker 1: Now what is for? For people who don't know, Dick explain what a dulcimer is. What it looks like.
Speaker 13: It's an instint from it was back at the Appellations. It's uh, you put it on your lap and it's got three strings and that you pay like oh Crypple Creek or this land is your land. You can do uh songs like that. It's an instn out of the Native Americans. It fits in with the mandolin, banjo and guitar.
Speaker 1: Very nice, very nice. And now, how how do you play much dulcimer?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 13: I can't play dulcimer. No, I a little bit, but I'm more. I've picked up the uke and the banjo uke a little bit more now, more than the mandolin.
Speaker 1: I've heard. I've heard and seen you play the mandolin. That's great.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and a little banjo youth, remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember the little banjo.
Speaker 13: Have you heard from days?
Speaker 1: You know what? I haven't even checked my phone yet this morning, he usually texts me. And there's no predictions really to make this weekend since the Bengals obviously aren't playing until next year. And there's there is Pro Bowl Flag Football? Who are the teams? Liam and the Pro Bowl flag Football? Okay, so each conference has a flag football team. Have you ever seen flag football?
Speaker 8: Dick?
Speaker 13: Not too much. No, I don't know anything about it, buddy.
Speaker 1: Well, I tell you what it's. It's it's a pitiful sport. And I know this because it was something that I could play back in the day, because I'm not very athletically talented at all, but I played some flag football so just give me a prediction of the Flag Football Game and the Pro Bowl today. A f C NFC, who wins NFC? You want you want to give me? You want to give me a score?
Speaker 13: Twenty thirteen?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, not twenty seven twenty four.
Speaker 13: No, not twenty seven twenty four.
Speaker 1: Wait. Last week we had problems with the phones and we couldn't get you on. Yeah, so uh yeah, they're they're back. Liam did a Dick impression. I hope you're not mad at him.
Speaker 13: I'm not mad, okay.
Speaker 1: Because it wasn't very good or flattering. No, no, no, I mean nobody, nobody is you, Dick.
Speaker 13: You know what I mean? Thank you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Hello, everybody down at Humbles.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I will tell them that a Dick from Dayton said, Hi, okay, all right, say good night.
Speaker 9: Dick, Good night car Jeff bye bye, see him man, good old Dick.
Speaker 3: I'm Sanola Hampton. Every day millions of people face hunger.
Speaker 15: Today I will share with you some of their experiences.
Speaker 3: I'm stuck news twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 1: He was a radio seven hundred w l W into the first official hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, February first, twenty twenty five. Tomorrow is Groundhog's Day, one of my favorite days of the year. I'll explain why maybe a little bit later in this morning, but without any further Adie, how about a visit with our friend Dave from Harris, Tennessee. Birdwalking in the door, take in the trees.
Speaker 16: The.
Speaker 1: Takeaway and every.
Speaker 17: Walk to get around.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Dave, Baked.
Speaker 9: Mornings Guard Jeff, how are we doing there on this glorious GHD we.
Speaker 1: With what.
Speaker 9: Rus glorious ghdwe Groundhog Day weekend?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a full packed weekend of festivities. You remember the movie Groundhog Day with Phil Murray. Yes, I have never been to Pucksatani, Pennsylvania. In fact, if anybody in Pucksatani, Pennsylvania is listening or you're going for the big celebration, the groundhog celebration tomorrow morning, please get in touch, give me a call. I want to know what the appeal is. And by the way, I also, thanks to our friend Ron Wilson, I have a a grading the Groundhog's piece and a couple of weeks ago chip Hart had somebody on who was giving groundhog recipes that you know, Ron Wilson used to get paid when he was younger to kill groundhogs, and then he would take them to Hazelwood and sell them for a dollar apiece. I guess as food. I have never had ground Have you ever had groundhog?
Speaker 18: Gary Jeff?
Speaker 9: Absolutely not.
Speaker 16: I was raised by.
Speaker 9: Groundhogs, and just the thought of that.
Speaker 18: Shivers me to the bun shivers your timbers, shivers me timbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what do you got for us?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 16: What's the groundhog's favorite color?
Speaker 1: What is a groundhog's favorite color?
Speaker 9: Dave mahogany?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right?
Speaker 9: Where where does sick groundhogs go?
Speaker 1: Where do sick groundhogs go?
Speaker 9: To the hogs middle?
Speaker 14: To the what the hogs middle?
Speaker 19: Right down the street in the ambulance to the hogs biddle?
Speaker 1: That is just I don't I don't even think you think that's funny.
Speaker 9: Yes, Dave, funny is as funny does thanks speaking old punksani, What does punks Attorney Phil call his dirty laundry?
Speaker 1: What does pucksatoni Phil call his dirty laundry?
Speaker 9: Hogwash?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 18: I was dropped on my head when I was little.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe somebody should do it again and it'll reverse the effects of.
Speaker 20: What jokes told by Da from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, six thirteen tuning into the radio. I wonder if you're tuning in on one of these wonderful antique pieces that our friends Rick Washburn works on day and night. The hobby has turned into the Pineapple Palace Museum. And uh, every Saturday morning he calls and gives us a reception report on whatever happens to be working, whatever's on the bench this morning. And let's find out who the winner is today, all radio, Rick, Good.
Speaker 14: Morning, Good morning Gary, Jeff. The winner is a five y five receiver and it's a it's a the Helicrafters. Thankfully they dropped the afterwards, because it's like, what kind of a radio do you have? I have a the Helicrafters.
Speaker 1: I have seen helicrafters radios, and they're pretty marvelous, aren't they.
Speaker 14: They are. Indeed, they made both regular consumer sets as well as ones like this, which is a communications receiver from nineteen fifty nine. This is a s X one ten, which is a five band, eight tube, eleven knob, two switch and zero speaker radio speaker sold separately, and yet it was still eighteen hundred bucks, so.
Speaker 1: You got to get it out funny. You got to listen with headphones or just attach a separate speaker.
Speaker 14: Either one absolutely up. It comes with a headphone jack if you're an amateur radio operator that chooses to use the phones instead. Otherwise you buy a separate speaker because apparently eighteen hundred dollars wouldn't cover it. Oddly enough, in the catalog. Wise, I found a listing for this in the nineteen sixty five series catalog because they made this for many years, but I couldn't find anything funny about it. It was actually very accurate and well written, so abandoning that, I did find a head from Holoicrafters, which again they dropped the just at the top, it's already tomorrow on the other side of the world, and tonight you can hear what's happening on your Holoicrafters World range radio? So today you can hear tomorrow tonight.
Speaker 1: That's excellent.
Speaker 14: I'm traveled maybe.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 14: And the best part is the picture. In a very nineteen sixties looking room, given all the pastel colors, you have Dad who is adjusting the radio which is pointed towards us, although his adjustment is his thumb's on the power switch, So I don't know how much adjustment that's.
Speaker 1: That's right. If you're a dad in those days, you always had your thumb on the power switch.
Speaker 14: And then you got the two kids behind the radio. Boredom does not fully describe The looks are lack thereof on their faces.
Speaker 1: Well, there's no space. What does dad doing fiddling with this box? I don't know what it does. You've got these weird headphones on. I have no idea. He's got his thumb on the power switch. But what does it do?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 14: Even better, if you hold up a CB microphone in front of it, you can pretend that it's a transceiver, which is what they did on season one, episode twelve of Ironside. Did same model. Now that's useful trivia.
Speaker 1: Now, how how extensively. Have you studied Ironside reruns?
Speaker 8: Rick?
Speaker 1: It sounds like you spent way too much time with Raymond Burr in a wheelchair, which is just a weird thing to say to anybody. But no, I mean, so, how do you know? It was season one, episode twelve of Ironside that they showed this particular radio.
Speaker 14: On because they just happened to see it yesterday, which it was really ironic since I was actually working on this radio. But the best line from Ironside, though, I think throughout the entire series, was are you joking? And the Ironside says, I haven't joked since nineteen fifty eight. It's the classic Raymond Burr line. And by the way, watch him as the judge and airplane to classic moment.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's great. There's there's no question.
Speaker 14: We miss him.
Speaker 1: My favorite Raymond Burr impression is from Ironsides, and it's just as simple mock mock. He just yell at Mark. That's all I do, is just yell at Mark to come push him around's right in his electric wheelchair. So again, give me, give me, give me, give me a model the model of this the Helicrafters radio you're talking about this morning.
Speaker 14: S X as in sam X ray one one zero.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic, I'll look for it. Rick, have a fantastic weekend.
Speaker 14: What was that you did, the same, Buddy, I was going to say in the attractive metal gray case.
Speaker 1: There's nothing sexier than a metal gray case.
Speaker 14: That right, That's what the SX stands for. Have a great weekend, my friend.
Speaker 1: You can find Rick Washburn at Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com. Thirties.
Speaker 17: We see a decent amount of cloud covers today and tempters top out in the low forties, back down into the low thirties tonight before you're in the upper fifties. On your Sunday Firm of Severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Seven WLW Sport. It's full Saturday and Sunday, full of sports and with the reports. Here's Liam Tomlins.
Speaker 3: Some f C Cincinnati news, and there's some drama to start camp with f C Cincinnati star and former league MVP Luciano Costa. He finally arrived at camp a little bit late. What it looks like he might be heading back to Argentina to play for Studiantes de la Plata as s CE Cincinnati. Acosta and that team in Argentina are working out a deal.
Speaker 1: I mean that has been pretty much what everyone expected, was him going back to Argentina. I mean, for like months, that's been the speculation, and then when he didn't show up to camp, it kind of cemented that feeling. And so he's back, but for how long?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, soccer contracts are super weird and the transferport not transfer portal was singing college sports now, but the transfer market, it's just a totally different sport. It's kind of an interesting aspect of soccer that's kind of underappreciated, that you can hop the league to league by this the Reds. It's officially February, which means that baseball season is quickly approaching. Pitchers and catchers report February tenth. Full squad workouts begin February seventeenth. There's fifty three days until opening day turn John Caliperry to Roperenas. Tonight, Arkansas travels to Lexington in the conference matchup against the Wildcats. Pregame covers begins at seven thirty tip a set for nine on ESPN fifteen.
Speaker 1: Thirty as a Wildcat fan, Liam, how do you feel about this?
Speaker 3: So I was a young buck. I'm born in O one. I grew up with John cal Perry in like the peak of my childhood through my teenage years. Yeah, so it's a very emotional, you know, like they were the greatest modern and the greatest run in modern era from nine to twenty sixteen. He'd say, probably twenty seventeen too, But it was time for a change. You're losing the first round. The last few years, things get stale. You can't be at Kentucky forever. Sometimes you gotta know when to leave and no, when to fold them, no when to walk away.
Speaker 1: The Bearcats playing tomorrow, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they host West Virginia tomorrow at two Pregame coverage begins at one thirty. Right here on seven hundred, wlw K was on the road in Michigan to face Oakland. Jim kelsch Rick Broings covered the game. Begains at three thirty. Tip a set for four. You can catch that action on ESPN fifteen thirty and some NFL news. The Pro Bowl is tomorrow and that is just the flag football game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's years waste of time. It gets great. That's the only reason it's still on TV. He didn't watch the Trivia and Skills Challenge. No, Well, Joe Burrow was very vocal at the Pro Bowl this year. The media was asking him plenty of questions and he was vocal about his teammates getting the money they deserve. And you can say that's for t Higgins, Jamar Chase and Trey Hendrickson. There's a lot of question marks going into next season. Could this be a Carson Palmer two point zero situation? Eventually it's going to get frustrating. And this is all against the backdrop of what happens with pay Corpse Stadium and the lease is up in next year twenty twenty six. How significant do you think that plays into everything? Gary, Jeff I think at all is you know, they're all moving parts here. I'm gonna ask you a question, Liam, what do you know about groundhogs?
Speaker 3: I mean groundhog days, top three day of the year. That's all I know. I mean they're underground.
Speaker 1: Okay, So apparently the legend is if the groundhog comes out of his hole hut, as the case is in Gobbler's Noob, Pennsylvania, they're in PUCKSATONI and he sees his shadow, he'll run back inside in fear, and there'll be six more weeks of winter. If, on the other hand, the groundhog doesn't see his shadow, it means an early spring. And I would say it's way too early to say this, but I'll go ahead and make the prediction now, one day ahead of the groundhog that we have an early spring. We've got an early spring in the week in front of us. It's only going to get better. But how good is pusytani phil as compared to the groundhogs? And there are many weather predicting groundhogs around the country. How good? Where does pusatani phil rate amongst the top groundhogs? Would you be surprised if I told you seventeenth. He's not even in the top ten. I think he's a big market merchant. Carry Jeff and some of these, some of these aren't even groundhogs, but they are predicting spring or winter. Continuing at number nineteen on the list. I don't know how a turtle got on the list, but Mohave Max, a tortoise from Nevada, has twenty five percent accuracy. Woody the woodchuck, a groundhog in Mississippi has thirty five percent accuracy. Pusatani Phil is only right thirty five percent of the time, and yet he gets all of the press, and he does worse than a taxidermy groundhog named Snowgada Hall Sammy in Pennsylvania is right thirty eight point eight nine percent of the time, in fifteenth place among groundhog weather forecasters. Uni the groundhog, also in Pennsylvania, is right forty seven point three percent of the time, and he's fifteenth. Poor Richard, another taxidermy groundhog that predicts the weather in Pennsylvania, is right fifty percent of the time. Flip a Coin Holtsville Howe in New York at number thirteen fifty percent of the time. This groundhog is right. At least it's not a taxidermat groundsbog number twelve. Dunkirk Dave, a groundhog in New York, fifty percent of the time at number eleven. Ok torroro octaaro octororo, I don't know octrro orphi, a groundhog again in Pennsylvania, is fifty two point sixty three percent of the time. He knows how many groundhogs are actually from Pennsylvania. There must be something in the water or in the ground. I don't know. Probably at the it's the Pennsylvanians, the top ten groundhog predictors. Later on in the show, as we continue on seven hundred WLW at six twenty oh, friends, let's head each I'm toasting you, sid Honey, we may be thrown dude, you'll never care me convey no less where the whiskey ground landed?
Speaker 6: Their chas is not.
Speaker 1: What it'll be, Okay, Lan's head I eased. As I mentioned. Fifty two is the highway and the place is lovely Ripley, Ohio. How now Brown County and the more specifically Brookie Saloon on Main Street where the Gang is standing by on this Groundhog Day weekend. Good morning, gang, What was that.
Speaker 8: Your favorite Saturday morning?
Speaker 16: Captain Riggers?
Speaker 1: Oh okay? What did you yell?
Speaker 16: Show me the money?
Speaker 1: Oh okay? I couldn't understand it. It just sounded like maybe someone was slaughtering you. So I've got to I've gotta now, Ripley, does Ripley have a groundhog? I know you've got a beaver there, Sherry your beaver? Does your beaver predict the weather? I know? Sometimes? Uh, you have forecast the weather with the aid of your beaver. Does your beaver? Does your beaver predict an early spring or late winter?
Speaker 21: Well, the beaver thinks it's going to be an early spring. However, he's hanging out with his friends tonight, the groundhouls. I'm a big party for tomorrow, of course, so he's gonna hang out with him.
Speaker 1: So, but is there is there a groundhog?
Speaker 9: Then?
Speaker 1: In Ripley, what I've I remember other conversations we've had when you were at the other location where routine lee you would advertise that you were having groundhog for breakfast. Have you ever cooked a groundhog? Anybody there?
Speaker 21: I haven't anybody here that groundhog.
Speaker 19: No, well, we do have a local here that can's groundhog, so that one won't be getting out very much.
Speaker 1: Well, so what do you mean can's groundhogs.
Speaker 19: Prepares it and cans it for a later time to eat.
Speaker 9: It, so preserves it.
Speaker 1: But you've you've not partaken of any of this canned groundhog? Is that correct, Doug?
Speaker 19: No, No, I have not, but I got pictures of it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm I'm very curious. Please send me a screenshot of a picture of canned groundhog. I've never seen that before in my life.
Speaker 9: I can do that.
Speaker 1: No, I mean people cook raccoons, they cook groundhogs, they cook all all number of things that I can't ever imagine putting in my mouth. Is it just because I'm spoiled and like to have the food brought to me in the traditional way? Or is it? Am I wise to steer clear of the h Gary Burbank used to call it have a sponsor that was weasel the other yellow meat.
Speaker 19: Yes, Oh, I just think you would have diplared life.
Speaker 1: That's all now impossible in hearing my Ivory radio tower. So what's going on at Brookies.
Speaker 19: Oh, it's gonna be a big week here with the Queen of hertstrawing.
Speaker 10: On Wednesday at seven point thirty.
Speaker 9: Over one hundred and twenty thousand.
Speaker 19: Dollars is up for gram Yatzi And Yeah, and tonight looks like Trevor easter Camp at seven pm.
Speaker 14: He'll be playing here at.
Speaker 1: The bar Cherry. Did you ever relocate the weather rock? Did you ever find it?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 21: I went down there this morning. It is backed up and running and the rockets are still there, and of course the river was coming up. I wasn't worried maybe they might get washed out. So but I don't think it's going to botherroom, so that's good.
Speaker 1: Well, if the water gets much higher, please move the weather rock to higher ground, because as you know, as we've discussed, this is the number one tourist attraction in Ripley over over, even over the ranking house.
Speaker 14: That is true.
Speaker 1: Ye yeah, let's see underground railroad weather rock. People are choosing the weather rock. All right, guys, it's true. Have a fantastic weekend. We'll see you later.
Speaker 22: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: The gang in Ripley this morning not on location. They were actually at Brookies again, So welcome home, a break and back and Steve from Edna hanging on for another wonderful phone call and news of the week.
Speaker 3: Seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Your zoom's back up to fifty seven Monday. We're expecting a high of sixty six. It's thirty one now. Seven WLW Sport, William Tomlinson. The thing we've not talked about yet is the Pebble Beach Golf Tournament PGA tournament, and I believe Tom Kim is the leader. As you mentioned, fourth place we're going in your pick is Tom Kim to win it all. Yeah, all right, So we're going into the third round today, Yeah, Moving Day at Pebble Beach Prolam. And you said Condeza Rice is in this tournament. I guess grinding and grooving.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: She hit some shots that I just could not believe. She ought to be on tour. She should be the NFL commissioner. That's the number one thing, absolutely.
Speaker 3: And first place right now fourteen under after two days is going seven under Sepstraca, Justin Rose is tied for fourth. Tony Feenal tied for fourth at ten under. Colin Morikawa tied for thirteenth at eight under. Rory McElroy tied for thirteenth at eight under with Justin Thomas, Patrick Cantley as well and Shane Lowry. Scottie Scheffler tied for twentieth at seven under.
Speaker 1: Lurking Scheffler, if he's within seven strokes of the lead on Moving Day, he is lurking, believe me.
Speaker 3: Is Pebble Beach's most beautiful golf course in the country.
Speaker 1: Sure looks like it to me. Sent It's the only one I'm seeing this weekend anyway.
Speaker 3: What else we got college basketball Saturday? As we approach March. Is it finally college basketball season? Gary Joe Yes. Return of John cal Perry to Raparena tonight. People have been asking all week in the media. Is the crowd gonna boo? Are they gonna applaud or as you said, just stay silent. Arkansas travels to Lexington for that that conference matchup against the Wildcat. Pregame coverage begins at seven thirty. Tip is set for nine pm on ESPN fifteen thirty MKU was on the road for Horizon League matchup against Oakland. Pregame coverage begins at three thirty. Tip is set for four on ESPN fifteen thirties. Eight years off this weekend, they returned Tuesday. You see host West Virginia tomorrow at two. Pregame coverage begins at one thirty. Right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 23: Run a business and not thinking about radio, Think again, because more people are listening to the radio on iHeart today than they did tour your.
Speaker 1: Zooms back up to fifty seven Monday. We're expecting a high of sixty six. It's thirty one now seven hundred WLW sport William Tomlinson. The thing we've not talked about yet. Is the Pebble Beach Golf Tournament PGA tournament, and I believe Tom Kim is the leader. As you mentioned fourth place, we're going in your pick is Tom Kim to win it all?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, we're going into the third round today. Yeah, Moving day at Pebble Beach Pro Am. And you said Conde Liza Rice is in this tournament. I guess is grinding and grooving. Man. She hit some shots that I just could not believe. She ought to be on tour. She should be the NFL commissioner. That's the number one thing. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: And first place right now fourteen under after two days is going seven under Septstraca, Justin Rose is tied for fourth. Tony Fenale tied for fourth at ten under. Colin Morikawa tied for thirteenth at eight under. Roy McElroy tied for thirteenth at eight under with Justin Thomas, Patrick Can'tley as well an Shane Lowry. Scottie Scheffler tied for twentieth at seven.
Speaker 1: Unlurking Scheffler, if he's within seven strokes of the lead on Moving Day, he is lurking. Believe me.
Speaker 3: Is Pebble Beach's most beautiful golf course in the country.
Speaker 1: Sure looks like it to me. Sent It's the only one I'm seeing this weekend anyway. What else we.
Speaker 3: Got college basketball Saturday? As we approach March? Is it finally college basketball season? Gary Joe Yes return to John cal Perry to Roparena tonight. People have been asking all week in the media, is the crowd gonna boo? Are they gonna applaud or as you said, just stay silent. Arkansas travels to Lexington for that not for that conference matchup against the Wildcat. Pregame coverage begins at seven thirty. Tip is sept for nine pm on ESPN fifteen thirty MKU was on the road for Horizon League matchup against Oakland. Pregame coverage begins at three thirty. Tip is set for four on ESPN fifteen thirties. Aviars off this weekend. They returned Tuesday. You see hosts West Virginia tomorrow at two. Pregame coverage it begins at one thirty right here on seven hundred WLW run a.
Speaker 23: Business and not thinking about radio? Think again, because more people are listening to the radio on iHeart today than they did twenty.
Speaker 1: It's hard to believe that was that many years ago. That song super Tramp take It a Long Way Home, I think was out in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. So off the tangent and back to the show. Steve from Metnez standing by with a pissy phone call, A wonderful, a wonderfully pissy phone call, A beautiful Donald Trump would say, A big, beautiful phone call, a perfect phone call from atn Ohio. Steve, good morning.
Speaker 18: Judge, not sg B judge.
Speaker 22: We've heard that one before. The Democrats and some rhinos on Capitol Hill have been judging the hell to use a theological term out of Trump's various nominees when they couldn't pass the same lidment's test. One of their favorite gripes is the claim that folks like Pete Hegseeth at the Pentagon and Tulca Gabbard at Intelligence don't have the experience to qualify for their jobs, but in fact they do. Heag Seth, a career veteran, isn't one of those stodgy generals. He's inclined to look after the interests of the men and women in uniform rather than that of the top brass who perund d C with enough stars, medals and ribbons to cause severe back problems and a lot of disability pay to go along with their fat pensions. Tulsi Gabbert sin is that she's a former executive on the Democrat National Committee, so she's a traitor to the socialist communist agenda. She's also not too damn crazy about war, which makes her a threat to the military industrial complex, which makes her a threat to Daddy Warbucks and all that money that flows from arms dealers into the pockets of members of Congress. She's also a veteran of military service, but thank god, not general grade. This kind of fear and loathing in Washington, d C is beautifully demonstrated by Senator Pocahontas Warren of the People's Republic of Massachusetts, where big pharma player Moderna is located. Moderna just got a six hundred million dollars Biden Research Award, which Moderna will undoubtedly convert into yet another inoculation for the masses. Pocahontas demanded this week that Bobby Kennedy Junior announced that he will never sue a drug company, especially I suppose if that drug company is one that has contributed to Warren's campaign war Chest watchdog group Open Secrets has followed Liz Warren and other judges of nominee's fitness and found that she has taken over seven hundred thousand dollars from Big Pharma just in the past five years. Socialist Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont nearly had a stroke when Bobby Kennedy at his Health and Human Services Department nomination hearing noted that Bernie is one of many the hip pocket of big Pharma. Unfortunately for Bernie, well, fortunately for Bernie, really, he was not under oath when he screamed foul. Why because Bernie Sanders took one point five million dollars from Big Pharma during his aborted twenty twenty presidential nomination campaign. Way to go, Bernie. But Bernie is not alone among the judges on Capitol Hill Finance Committee, breanking member Ron Wyden of Oregon has taken a cool two point five million from Big Pharma. Senator Mark Warner of Virginia isn't really trying that hard. He only took a million Republican Rhinos. Lisa Burkowski and Susan Collins have taken seven hundred thousand and one point four million, respectively.
Speaker 9: You get the idea, follow the money.
Speaker 22: Washington is so awash in dirty money. Even the Congressional Budget Office has reported that last year the federal government spend half a trillion dollars on so called zombie programs. Excuse me, yep, that have expired. Yes, they've expired, and Congress has not authorized these funds for their continuance. How can that be? It raises the question are the employees getting paid? Are they working from home or from another universe, perhaps commuting using those bus like drones we see flying all over the place. Openthebooks dot com. Another watchdog group went to the Federal Register, which lists all three hundred and sixty six federal agencies. One fifth of them are listed as defunct or obsolete. But these zombie agencies are still getting your money. Page three. It was revealed this week that the person who brought molotov cocktails to d C with the express content intent of eliminating prominent Republicans, including the President, is trans trans to what might be the question, There is something called ziz trans terror COULT, two of whose members murdered a US Border agent in Vermont on an inauguration day. The FEDS believe they are part of a network that killed the Pennsylvania parents of one of those Vermont fe mails and is connected to other murders in California. One of the Vermont gruesome, Tussoen, was a German national who was killed at the scene, and the other is a University of Washington student. But there is good news for the governor. Ronde Status has become the first governor to refer to the Gulf of America in an official document. If Mike the Wine we're on the ball, he'd refer to Lake Erie as Lake Ohio. If Michigan can have a lake, why can't us? And an auger At for the day, the big day tomorrow, I asked Democrats, get your punk, get with punk, Satni Phil, and get your head out of your hole. And I predict that Dayton Dick will come out of his hole tomorrow and predict Chi's twenty seven Eagles twenty four. Okay, that's it.
Speaker 1: Perfect. Thank you Steve from ed in, Ohio. My friend Ray Scott from leveland chiming in on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 18: How you doing, brother, Ray, Good morning, Good morning friend had dropped the mic on that one.
Speaker 9: Good job Steve.
Speaker 18: Did, I say a hearty amen everything that he espoused, and you know, here's here's the take on a little piece from this last week. You know, the governor of Illinois proudly proclaimed that he would not allow He put out an edex statewide that the state of Illinois was not to employ or hire any January sixth folks that received a pardon, any of the people that were pardoned by the President of the United States, which means that their record should be clean, and they were going to discriminate against them. He was very proud to say that because he said, no one who would attack their government should work for their government. Now, the other side of the coin is the same governor and the mayor of Chicago have immigrants, you know, the Department of Ice, you know, Immigration Customs Enforcement. Not only is the State of Illinois in the City of Chicago not working with those agents to help root out folks who have entered this country not only illegally, but that are convicts and are in jail incarcerated. They would not work with them to get to these folks that are in jail, not just illegal immigrants, but they are, they are incarcerated. They went so far as to they have been releasing releasing these folks from jail and hopes to help them evade.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, the problem ray is that they're harboring fugitives. They are breaking a federal law themselves by not cooperating with an agency of the federal government that is actually only enforcing federal law. Because as has one of the nominees said, quite plainly, I believe it was was it Pam Bondi or who was it who said no, it was Caroline Levitt, the new Press secretary, at the press briefer earlier in the week, said if you've entered the country illegally, you are a criminal. Because they were trying to parse between people who had committed violent crimes and other illegals, but she made the point over and over again, if you entered the country illegally, you have committed a crime. It's a federal crime. It's not a civil crime. It's a federal crime, and you should be escorted out. It's just that plain. And the Steve's other points ray about the grilling of RFK Junior when they wouldn't they'd ask a question and wouldn't let him answer a question. And the the great marathon battle with Bernie Sanders, which was awesome when Bernie had the money pushed right back in his face that he's taken over the years as a member of Congress. Corrupt Washington, d C. Is on notice from Donald Trump and everybody that he has hired to work for him for us. It's a great thing to see. I'm very pleased with what they have done so far, and I'm glad that Congress the Senate saw fit ray to confirm both Pete Hegseth and Sean Duffy because this week we needed a Secretary of Defense and a Secretary of Transportation in their offices on the ground and working. It's been kind of a wonderful revelation to watch these guys work right away. You know, the terrible plane crash in Washington, d C. And now another in Philadelphia with the medjet that crashed yesterday, even tragic loss of life, but our federal government back is back, with confident people in charge and taking the bull by the horns, so to speak, immediately. It's been a wonderful thing to see. And there are more on the way.
Speaker 18: Brother he well leave on a light note. I think the reason that they're fighting Bobby so hard is because when he makes America healthy again, Pray God, that's going to ruin social Security. We're control until about one hundred and twenty years old. So that's my little joke. So God bless your brother.
Speaker 1: Your lips to God's ears. Thank you, Ray, God bless you, and we'll take a break. Steve Shilty. On the other side of seven o'clock this morning.
Speaker 3: At nine, Mike Allen goes where other hosts dare not tread and done not talking about the men's room. On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 24: HI, Kevin Saint Clair here with my wife Alissa Saint Clair.
Speaker 6: After three generations, we're proud to say.
Speaker 3: That we are over seven years stro or just one big family. So give us a call and let us show you while we are your homes.
Speaker 1: Trust the problems solve race. Saint Claire Rupe.
Speaker 25: A message from dav to all returning veterans. Thank you, thank you for doing your duty, thank you for doing our bidding. Thank you for laying it all on the line. Thank you for stepping up and not backing down. Thank you for putting your future on hold. To put our enemies on notice. Thank you for putting your buddies' lives ahead of your own. Thank you for putting yourself in harm's way. Thank you for defending our freedom, for displaying your honor, for being a hero, even though you don't want to.
Speaker 1: Be called one.
Speaker 25: For all this and more, DAV thanks you, and we're here to help you. Expert DAV advisors will make sure you get the health, disability and financial benefits you are promised and earned. If if you're a veteran, visit DAV dot org for free health And again, thank you.
Speaker 17: A little on the chili side.
Speaker 1: Into another hour of the Saturday morning Nation for this Saturday, February first, twenty twenty five, brand new month, maybe a brand new vibe called spring waiting on the groundhog tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, while we do that, well, then let's talk about the rest of this beautiful blue bowl we live on in space with Steve schult.
Speaker 9: I see true so great.
Speaker 4: Red roses tube, I see them blue.
Speaker 6: Fu and I'm into myself.
Speaker 1: What a wonderful Steve Schulte, a retired environmental engineer with news and notes you may not here anywhere else, as it pertains as it pertains to the environment and sustainable energy and all the rest. Before we get into that, though, we have special kudos for your son, Matt the toe Shulti his cocktail. He of course is a hospitality expert in the city of New Orleans, where, of course he is where, of course, the super Bowl is happening next Sunday and for the weekend. His special cocktail, Royal Blues, was selected as the welcome cocktail at the entrance of the NFL Commissioner's Super Bowl Ball coming up on Friday on the seventh. That is a major accomplishment.
Speaker 26: This it is. And he also said the NFL wanted the number of his cocktail recipes for other events. I have asked him if he's getting the cut of any of those, but he had not responded. But the other thing is is kind of not funny. But he said he had to go through security checks of the f FBI, the NFL, and a private security company just to do this. So yep, so yeah, you know, we're we're very proud of him. So uh, once again our obese government agency gets it wrong. This comes from Heartland dot org. Uh. Contrary to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration aka NOAH, Arctic ice is well within the range of observed variability. Tony Heller, who runs the popular climate uh science website at climate excuse Me Real climatescience dot com, points out that NOAH recently claimed that the Arctic ice in recent years are misleading Noah. Once again, they cherry picked the data to make it appear that the loss of Antarctic ice is words and in recent decades and now outside the range of observed variability. And of cause, of course, Gary Jeffers, that's because of yours and minds exhalation of carbon dioxide.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but don't just don't breathe anyway. Tony Heller looked at what.
Speaker 26: Looked at all the data of recent years, and it shows that innerds ice extent is fact well within historical natural variability. You know, nature is not constant. Nature and climate constantly change. In fact, December of twenty twenty four's ice extent is great is greater than nineteen seventy nine, eighty eighty two, eighty six, eighty nine, ninety one, ninety two. Well, you get together, idea, and every year since two thy and sixteen ices ice extent has increased thirty six percent in just the last two years. In fact, the low ice levels occurred forty plus years ago when the temperature is much much cooler and CO two levels were lower. So you know, once again, these government agencies they get it wrong because you, like you say, Gary, Jeff Darryl Parts would say, follow the money.
Speaker 1: They're they're paid to get it wrong.
Speaker 26: Yeah, government agencies got to create the problems in order to get more money. If everything goes hunky dory, they go out of business.
Speaker 1: I don't know why that's so hard for most people to understand and see that it's an obvious duh.
Speaker 26: Of course, what other business can you be in to create your own demand and then demand more money to solve it, but of course not solve it, but just make it worse so that you get more money.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, God, bless the God, bless the penguins. Uh, Steve, Steve, thank you so much. At seven eleven at seven hundred W l W. Harrison Today, it's cold, forty for a high this afternoon, and that is it. Tomorrow we zoom back up to fifty seven for a high temp and Monday mostly cloudy and all the way up to sixty six, Got a Ways to Go Now it's thirty two, it's seven hundred WLW. I saw something this week that just astounded me. This song Physical by Olivia Newton John stayed at the top of the charts longer than any other song in the eighties, which is just crazy. Roco Costellano is here the first Dawn of Fitness in the Tri State. Trainer, biohacker and overall fitness guru, Roco Costellano joins us now and this morning we are talking nuts, right, Yes we are.
Speaker 9: Yes, we are. Yet we are talking nuts, and we're talking about a nut allergy. I wrote a article on my blog about.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting here reading it.
Speaker 9: The crazy, the crazy way that nut allergies came into you know, into a fruition for for nearly.
Speaker 1: It's an epidemic in this country. Nut allergies amongst children is an epidemic of really crazy proportions. If you look before say nineteen ninety or nineteen ninety eight, we didn't have this problem, did we.
Speaker 9: No, we didn't. And the reason why it was because the American Pediatric Association decided, in its infinite wisdom, without doing any studies, without doing any any research, whatsoever. They decided to tell expecting mothers and and mothers of newborns to abstain from anything that had peanuts in it, like peanut butter even you know, like.
Speaker 1: Colmond butter and all that kind of stuff, peanuts, tree nuts, any kind of nuts. Yeah, because they thought that the exposure, for some reason, they thought the exposure to these to a very young child or a baby would cause them to have sensitivities later on, and exactly the opposite happened. I know. I mean, just common sense tells me that we were we were. We were allowed to eat dirt when I was a kid. I mean mom, Mom didn't like the dirt. Yeah, all sorts of stuff we were exposed. Hell, we had lead paint in the house that I used to live in as a kid, and I turned out just fine. Ask anybody who knows me.
Speaker 9: Okay, well, that's a point that we can debate. But the thing, the absolute thing is is that there are still pediatricians out there, still propagating this insanity. And so I just want people to understand because I had heard from the reason why I wrote this was because I had to tell a pediatrician that that that was no longer true, and that there was something called the Leap Study in twenty fifteen that defunked the whole you know, peanut and two nut allergies.
Speaker 1: So the APA came out with this in nineteen ninety eight, and since then we've seen an explosion of peanut and other nut allergies amongst children, right, and they've actually killed kids with this. I'm sorry if that's too hyperbolic for anybody to handle, but the American Pediatrics Association has actually been responsible for the deaths and severe illness of kids from nut allergies by making these recommendations that actually created more nut allergies.
Speaker 9: Well, and then panic and then panic and then in schools and people can't, you know, kids are afraid to be exposed. And now school swats of schools and buildings and all these all these places now because of these of these peanut allergies that they caused. Now we people can't.
Speaker 1: But we used to, we used to get we used to get peanuts on airplanes. They don't serve peanuts and airplanes anymore because the dust is.
Speaker 9: Like why yes, the reason why exactly, yeah, it's absolute insanity. And then we and then and then you know, like these kids for a generations. And but there's still people after two thousand and fifteen, sixteen and seventeen, there's still doctors recommending this to know.
Speaker 1: Here's here's our message. Here's our message. Here's our message to new to new parents. It's your first child. Okay, uh, get them some some Jiffy as soon as possible, as.
Speaker 9: Soon as you can get it.
Speaker 1: They put it, put it, put it, put it on their pacifier, you know, Smear a little peanut butter on the pacifier for the kids so they don't have nut allergies later. Good stuff.
Speaker 9: There's gonna be people out there that think that we're nuts, that we're in but well, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, Rocco the study, we can be right and be nuts at the same time. Both things can be true, absolutely all right.
Speaker 27: Go to Roco rococostelano dot com to read more about nuts.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Roco, Thanks Cher. Yes, time now for the Tom Davis Diaries. Like to refer to this as the diary. And yes, the Madman Reporter has all kinds of wild, wacky stories from around the world and around the country. And here he is now Tom.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 24: This week quick call the cops the cat is stealing the pizza.
Speaker 1: But first a bit of a local story.
Speaker 24: John Bent of Walton making headlines for driving nine hours to eat a taco. You see, there's a specially food truck in Virginia that will make you a walking taco with your choice of chips. You bring your own bag and they'll pour taco meat into it. That's a walking taco. And of course John our Kentucky hero brought grippos.
Speaker 1: He made a video about it.
Speaker 24: Seventeen million people have seen the video so far. Meanwhile, in Connecticut, a twenty eight year old man recently arrested for reckless driving. Logan Marmasafari told cops he was rushing home in his Kia to see his cat. He was pulled over doing one hundred and thirty miles an hour. He failed a field sobriety test and went to jail. Also in Rhode Island, a school recently called the police in animal control because of a cat that stole a piece of pizza. A school resource officer says the stray cat was hanging around the school when it walked up to a student and stole their piece. The animal control officer tried to catch the cat with a can of food. The cat was finally caught with a trap and taken to a shelter for care. Luckily, soft blue blood kids can now eat their pizza.
Speaker 1: And piece and finally.
Speaker 24: Rhiannon Evans, a woman living in London, recently arrested for farting. The twenty five year old was sending videos of herself touting to her boyfriend's ex lover. The victim told the court that she felt unsafe in her home due to the harassment and raunchy sounds. Evans must attend rehabilitation sessions and pay compensation to her victim.
Speaker 1: Next week. When does freedom returned to Australia?
Speaker 24: An Australian town recently banning showers lasting longer than five minutes, have a.
Speaker 17: Great Weekers top out in the low forties, back down into the low thirties tonight before you're in the upper fifties. On your Sunday Firmer severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred seven.
Speaker 1: WLW Sport William Tomlinson tell All return with John Caliperry to Reparenaz Tonight, Arkansas travels Lexington in a conference matchup against the Wildcatch.
Speaker 3: Pregame coverage begins at seven thirty. Tip is set for nine on ESPN fifteen thirty, and KU was on the road to face Oakland. Jim kelcher. Rick Brown's coverage of the game begins at three thirty. Tip is set for four. That game is also on ESPN fifteen thirty. Saviors off this weekend. You see host West Virginia tomorrow at two. Pregame coverage begins at one thirty. Right here on seven hundred WLW fifty three days until Red's opening day.
Speaker 1: All right, very very fine, Thank you, sir. We've got another special guest this morning standing.
Speaker 27: By in the line Doomsday Day, the Mad Hatter It Guru Dave Hatter from Intrust here with us this morning once again, mister Hatter, Good morning.
Speaker 1: We're just concluding National Privacy Week. How did we do?
Speaker 9: Are not?
Speaker 16: Very good?
Speaker 9: Garrett?
Speaker 8: Yeah, as usual? You know, I think we're making some minor progress. But yeah, I appreciate the fact that you let me talk about these things. And National Privacy Week usually happens the last week in January every year. It's a good opportunity to remind people that most of our apps, most of our Internet of things devices are really just privacy and security dumpster fires. They're sucking up lots of data which teems to eventually get leaked and you know, there, you are so not good. But at least the word is getting out more and more, and I think, I think people are slowly starting to realize that this is important and they ought to think more about it and maybe take steps to try to protect what little privacy we have left.
Speaker 1: Well, we made such a fuss about TikTok, while all of these American born apps are doing the same thing that TikTok was doing for the Chinese government as far as gathering our information and data, maybe not giving it to our government necessarily, but to all kinds of companies. Google and at all, Meta all the rest of them are spying on us every time we use them.
Speaker 8: Correct, Yeah, I mean here through the bottom line garage, Jeph. And that's a valid point. And I've had this conversation with many people when I get on.
Speaker 1: My TikTok more path.
Speaker 8: You're making a valid point. All of these apps are collecting your data. Because let's get real about this. If you're using something that didn't cost you any money, it's because you're paying with your data right and the business it's called surveillance capitalism. You're paying your data, not money.
Speaker 16: You are the.
Speaker 8: Product, not the customer. I know this is going to come as a shock all your listeners, Gary Jet, But believe it or not, software engineers, network people, all the folks that build the server farms that make all these apps work.
Speaker 9: They have mortgages and they like to eat too.
Speaker 8: They got to get paid somehow. They're not doing this stuff just because they want you to be able to watch those key cab idiots, you know what I'm saying. So they're collecting your data, They're using your data to advertise stuff to you. They're selling your data to other companies.
Speaker 1: That's often that's the thing. It's not just them using your data, but then they farm it out to other people. Do you have no idea where your data is going once Google or Meta collects it?
Speaker 8: You are exactly correct. All of these companies collect this data. They sell it to data brokers. There's a large network of data brokers out there who you know, aggregate it from multiple sources and then resell it and then gets leaked or sold to some you know someone who may not be as upstanding, and then the next thing you know, you're getting that data breach letter and now you know very sensitive data. Last year, National Public Data is a background check company, so they have very sensitive data. I mean, think about going to a background check. You have to tell where you've lived, where you've worked, you know who's in your family, all kinds of really sensitive stuff. And when that data gets out, it's not to mention things like super gran near location data about everywhere you've been. You know, if you look at the TikTok privacy labels, for example, there's literally nothing that does not collect off your phone. So you know, these apps are hoovering up all your data, and then to your point, it gets sold, it gets aggregated, it gets sold again. Eventually it gets out there, and now it's a potent weapon to use against you, whether it's people trying to take out credit in your name or get a loan in your name or whatever, or because they have this really sensitive information about you, they can call up and pretend to be your bank or your insurance company and they're going to have information that only they would know. So when they're impersonating some legitimate agency and telling you you've got some kind of problem or you need to do some sort of thing. It seems a lot more authentic, and I think people lose sighted at a second piece. Yet it's easy to do identity theft, but it's also easy to persuade you because only your bank would know certain things.
Speaker 1: Right, Dave, I'm sorry there, We're we're running out of time real quickly. But if people want to find out more get in touch with you, how do they do that?
Speaker 8: Uh, just find me on linked in or x and always appreciate the chance. And let's care about privacy, folks. We need to get a handle on these things to stop using all these apps, especially the stuff from China.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're going to watch you go to the potty if you're if you're not closing the door. Serious, All right, and thanks Dave. Jim Lebarba the Music Professor returns afternoons next on seven hundred wl W Jeff Wallernissan dot com.
Speaker 24: Spring is around the corner and all quitproof is here for all your basement, waterproofing, yard, drainage and structural repairs needs. Still, let a leaky basement or saturated yard prevent you from.
Speaker 1: Into you at another hour of this Saturday Morning edition for Saturday, February first, twenty twenty five. Gary Jeff Walker at yours service, at your disposal, I am me, and you were you, and we are altogether cuckuckachew. Coming upon six minutes past eight o'clock, I wanted to remind everyone that if you're interested the twenty eighth anniversary party for this show, that's right, this show has its own anniversary party. I started that about nine years ago just because I knew no one else around here would recognize or care about it. I figured out through my show a party, it's our show, and a big part of our show is our next guest. In March fifteenth is the tentative date for the after the show show party. Science Mike stepping in with a science minute this morning.
Speaker 22: As a night scientists surprising Bell blinded me.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Michael is at the Eyes of Marsh Yes it is. It is at two brute. Oh, so have you ever had vegamite?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: But I did see Live the Timberwolf.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 1: And like I said with when when Jim and I were talking about men at work and Colin Hay he is still very active touring and the acoustic tracks if you get a chance to listen to, especially songs like Minute Works, songs like Overkill. He does a fantastic acoustic version of Overkill. It's just him kind of guitar and it's it's wonderful soul of Yep. Absolutely, what do we got this morning, Michael?
Speaker 6: We got the Usually I don't talk about these because they usually they pop up in the news all the time. But this one, this asteroid that they just found two days after Christmas, is somewhat somewhat interesting that it approached. It came on December of Christmas Day. Actually it came within like it's pretty far away, it's five hundred fifteen thousand miles on Christmas Day. And they finally saw it in their telescopes two days later, and they tracked the path of this this asteroid and they named it twenty twenty four.
Speaker 18: Why are four?
Speaker 6: Now? I try to figure out how what the y R four stands for. It might have something to do with the elliptical period of twenty twenty four was it was found last year? But yeah, this asteroid is I want to make its next approach in twenty twenty eight, because they had a four year orbital period around the Sun and actually it crosses Art.
Speaker 1: Well maybe that's where maybe that's why they got the y R four your yeah, likely yes, Okay, So anyway, so twenty twenty eight will be the next time it passes through.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then they're going to have a better ability to study this this asteroid because right now they put it at almost a three percent chance of striking Earth. Now, anybody, you know, you might think that's a low probability, but it's all relative. Right, So you say, hey, I'm gonna let you drive out, take a drive today. You're gonna have a three percent chance of getting in the series accident. Probably are going to stay home.
Speaker 1: Right, How big is how big is this asteroid?
Speaker 6: It's about three hundred and thirty feet in diameter, and they think it's They estimate its path is going to come across South America toward Africa in near twenty thirty two, and that's when they estimate it is going to come within almost forty three thousand miles of birth, which is pretty dark close. So come twenty twenty eight, when they have a better more telescopes trained on this thing, they have a better idea of it's true oral path and how it crosses ours. Is it's somewhat interesting because I don't know, I just I just think it's three percent chances.
Speaker 9: It's a pretty good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well what are what are the probabilities of other asteroids that we have measured and tracked of hitting the air? Not this high, I know, really is pretty high percentage of possibility. And yeah, forty one thousand miles ain't nothing in space, man.
Speaker 6: And the same thing is, you know, it's just about the time I'm on the retired, like get hit by an asteroid.
Speaker 1: Well you won't have to worry about social security or medicare.
Speaker 6: Well, I think it's could be taking care of anyway years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, all right, thanks Mike, take care science Mike on a Saturday morning, love our little visits and chats we can kind and let's go to brother Rick Green on a Saturday morning with the Bible verse, the word of God, a chance to do something positive for a change. How you doing, Rick.
Speaker 6: I'm going great.
Speaker 28: I'll walk up praying for you and your listeners.
Speaker 16: Me and go.
Speaker 28: I've been talking for about three hours now.
Speaker 1: We get up early. So, uh, how did the how did the flat screen workout? That you were hanging last Saturday morning.
Speaker 8: Why you don't go about aggress to God.
Speaker 9: It's still hanging today.
Speaker 1: You got a week under your belt. You must have done a good job, all right, fantastic the first won on, Gary, the very first one.
Speaker 9: And I think I've succeeded well.
Speaker 1: That they say you'll always remember your first Rick.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 28: So, today we have Colossing, Chapter three, verse nine. It said, do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices. Well that's pretty straight to the point, Andy, Gary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, truth is always. Truth is always. It can be hard, but it's always important.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's no wiggle room in that verse.
Speaker 1: No, no, sir, no, sir. I appreciated it, and and I'm not lying. I really do appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Rick. Oh, thank you girl.
Speaker 28: You all have a blessed.
Speaker 1: Day, have a blessed weekend yourself, sir. So switching gears here. Earlier this morning I was given this by my friend Ron Wilson, who was an expert not only in the garden, but an all things groundhog apparently, and we are at the top ten most accurate groundhog weather predictions in the country. By the way, Puckstowni Phil isn't even in the top ten. It's seventeenth. Fuckstownti Phil is only right about thirty five percent of the time. At number ten, Melverne mel a groundhog from New York, is right fifty five percent of the time with this prognostication about spring and winter and when it all comes down. At number nine, French Creek Freddy a groundhog from West Virginia, and yes, they preserved one roundhog to predict the weather in West Virginia. The rest are on the dinner table or canned. Ohio makes the list at number eight. Buckeye Chuck. Buckeye Chuck from Ohio is also fifty five percent accurate with its predictions for spring. At number seven, coming to you from Illinois, woodstock Willie rite sixty percent of the time. So is Jimmy the Groundhog at number six from Wisconsin. Another Illinois entry at number five, Gurdy the ground Hog. Doesn't she sound lovely? Gurdy the groundhog is right sixty five percent of the time. Concord Charlie, also from West Virginia, is at number four. This groundhog, or we assume it's a groundhog, has never been but yes, somehow they're giving him credit. Presumed groundhog is right sixty five percent of the time. Number three and I don't know how a statue can predict the weather. But at number three on the ranking of most accurate groundhogs is Lander Lil, not a groundhog actually, but a prairie dog statue in Wyoming is right seventy five percent of the time. When you want to know something, always ask a statue. At number two general Beauregard Lee, a groundhog from Jelgia, is right eighty percent of the time. And the number one groundhog, the number one most accurate groundhog in America is Staten Island Chuck from New York right eighty five percent of the time. Now, Staten Island Chuck is very accurate, but also very unpredictable, once bit the mayor of New York City. And in fact, I don't know if Staten Island Chuck is even alive anymore, because isn't that the groundhog that Deblasio dropped and killed on Groundhog Day? Why would you want to kill a groundhog that's eighty five percent accurate? That groundhog could be a chief meteorologist somewhere. My friend Mike reader from Mike's Music has a special benefit for Children's Hospital tomorrow at his Village Theater in Covington, and we will address what is going on after a check on whether in sports. As we continue, it's eighteen minutes after the hour. It's seven hundred WLW, seven hundred WLW sports. It's that off week between the last playoff game and the Super Bowl. But there's plenty of action packed sports on the schedule this weekend. Liam Tomlinson, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right now, the AT and T Pebble Beach proram is going on. Stepstraca is in the lead at fourteen under. Justin Rose toide for fourth to ten under. Tony Fenale also tied for fourth at ten under. Rory tied for thirteenth at eight under. Colin Moore Kawa tied at thirteenth at eight and under as well. Scotty Scheffler, seven back of the lead. That's seven under, tied for twentieth. Yeah, he did something to his hand. What did he do to his hand? A wine glass bottle cut his hand, So there was an issue that he had to get a minor surgery on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so his grip may not be the Scotty Scheffler grip that we've come to know and expect from the great one.
Speaker 3: You mentioned Connor. Liza Rice's shot the crap out of the ball out there.
Speaker 1: She really is Conda Lisa Rice, part of the amateur in the field at the Pebble Beach is just I saw some shots which just that's Conda Liza Rice. Are you kidding me? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: The return to John Caliperry to Rubberena is tonight. Arkansas and Kentucky face off in a late night tip at nine pm. Pregame coverage begins at seven thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty, and KU was on the road to face Oakland. That coverage begins at three thirty. Tip is set for four. You can also listen to that on ESPN fifteen thirty. It is eight years off this weekend. You see host West Virginia tomorrow at two. Pregame coverage begins at one thirty. Right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Thank you Guitar Town Mike's music Dave Baby, are you.
Speaker 3: Hriad of from me?
Speaker 17: It's mood around and down from Tennessee.
Speaker 3: I'm just that album.
Speaker 1: The Great Steve Earl and Mike Reader joins us a big benefit tomorrow at the Village Theater there on Madison and Covington. Mike, good morning, how are you.
Speaker 29: Good morning, Gary, Thanks for having me back on. I'm so excited about tomorrow, man, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Tell me what's going on, Mike.
Speaker 29: So tomorrow we are having a benefit at the Village Theater in Covington and Mainstross. It's the Mike's music there as well, and it's a benefit that starts at noon. It's thirty great artists that are going to be playing Dylan songs. It's called Positively Mainstross a benefit for Giving its Hope and it is the benefit for Children's Hospital Cancer Vision. And you know, there's just amazing bands all day long with raffles going on.
Speaker 1: Tell me some of who's playing, Mike.
Speaker 29: Okay, uh So we have Dave Taylor, he's in the band the Interns. We have the Roger Club Clue Power Trio, Roger Club Power Trio.
Speaker 10: We have the mud Pies. Danny Fraser's playing Danny.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows Danny Fraser.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 29: My friend Chris Lester, who plays in Highway sixty one is going to be there. A band called the Village Idiots, which is sort of the house band for the Village Theater and it includes like Mark Raa and me and Jeff Pacatta and Mike Tacolby and Michelle Patterson and sometimes Noah Watherspoon.
Speaker 1: What do you What do you play in tomorrow? What Dylan tunes are your? Are you playing? Mike?
Speaker 29: I am personally doing Big Girl Now, Tangled Up in Blue and Ballad of a Thin Man.
Speaker 1: So I mean, I mean, did you did you get the the idea for the theme from the success of the movie the biopic that's out now a complete unknown? Is that that that was kind of the genesis of you deciding to do a Dylan tribute with this charity.
Speaker 10: Actually, this has sort of been in the works for years.
Speaker 29: I was involved with the Herzalt movie music thing downtown with a bunch of people, and one of the people that was sort of one of the partners there was Elliott Ruther.
Speaker 10: He's from Cincinnati State and he is always.
Speaker 29: Been a big Dylan fan. And you know, I kind of I know the band. I've seen him a bunch of times. I've saw him instruments and we had a sort of a jam there once and we played a bunch of Dylan songs and we're super fan of like, you know, the eighties time period stuff, and we always talked about we should have, you know, we should have some sort of benefit of some sort of day where we did do a Dylan show and that's been going up for like six years and it's never worked out.
Speaker 10: And yes, it was spurred on by the movie.
Speaker 29: And you know, we just said I had a down day and I thought, you know what, this is a good.
Speaker 10: Time to throw together a benefit.
Speaker 29: So I actually just got on Facebook and I said if I had a benefit on this day, what artists would want to play? And I just got flooded. You know, I only told you about four or five. There's thirty of them.
Speaker 1: So oh man, that sounds it sounds like a wonderful time. What what times that start tomorrow? Mike twelve at New Yes high noon. Yeah, and you'll be uh, you'll be going till you what maybe seven or eight or so.
Speaker 10: I'd probably be going about nine.
Speaker 29: Oh okay, cool, Yeah, yeah, two great raffles.
Speaker 1: Recommended donation is uh, you'd like to get at least ten bucks.
Speaker 29: Ten bucks at the door, but there'll be a there'll be a donation thing there where you can stick double win or triple in or ten times in there if you want.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I wish you great success. May come out and see you. There's no football on. My wife is insisting that she sits on the couch and watched the final round at Pebble Beach, but you know she can do that. It's a long day.
Speaker 10: You should come out.
Speaker 29: You know we'd love to have you announce a little bit. I know you did it once for us and it was fabulous, so you know we'd love.
Speaker 8: To have you.
Speaker 1: I'll try to remain sober. Thank you so much. Mike. Mike's music, All right, Mike's music. It's the Village Theater there in Mainstrew starting tomorrow at noon, the Dylan Tribute and the Children's Hospital charity. Good music, live stuff right here in our hometown. As we've got to break Why not some Dylan huh? This is from his Christian album Got to Serve Somebody.
Speaker 30: It may be an ambassador in England. You may like to give up. You might like to dance. You may be the heavyweight champion of the world. It may be a socialite with a long string of pulse. But you're gonna have to serve somebody. Yes, you're gonna have to serve some money. Well, it may be the devil it maybe the larboard. You're gonna have to serve somebody.
Speaker 15: Amen, Maybe a rock and Google aggic pens and on the Steve Money, a person in command, women, Honey in the Kids.
Speaker 1: Seven LW Gary Jim Saturday Morning Edition. Time to talk little sports a little bit more extensively than we have the rest of the morning. And to help us do that and to fill this lovely segment with incredible content, the one and only Moger Hey mo doing fine. First, let's set the record straight, just for clarity and for transparency, because I'm all about clarity and transparency. It's a new age in twenty twenty five. I was wrong on one prediction, right on another. And I was right on a big, big prediction that I made last Saturday Morning. Let's start with the one I was wrong. I was wrong about the Commanders surprising the Philadelphia Eagles shocking the world because they got they got shocked back to the back to our nation's capital where they'll be sitting watching the Super Bowl next week or some probably they're professional football players. They'll be sitting on a much more wonderful, temperate climb than Washington d C. Perhaps watching the Super Bowl. I was right about my Kansas City Chiefs beating the Buffalo Bills once again. It's become a habit for them. And more importantly, mo I was correct that there was more memorial gym magic in my Vanderbilt Commodores as they shot the Kentucky Wildcats. So let's talk about each of Let's talk about each of those events where I went wrong, where I was right, because I'm tired of talking about me. I want to know what you think of me.
Speaker 16: Well, I think very highly of you, and you nailed it when it comes to Vanderbilt, which I don't know with a shock.
Speaker 9: That's a good team.
Speaker 16: You know, that's a good team that had beaten Tennessee. We talked about how tough a plays to play it is. You know, there was a time, I think midway through the second half of that game where it kind of felt like Kentucky was about to grab control of the game and that didn't happen. The Wildcats, as good as they are offensively, it's something you and I have talked about. I'm not sure their entirely trustworth on defense, and Vanderbilt exposed that. So great win for the Commodores. You were right about that. Look, man, a lot of fans and in Cincinnati don't want to hear it, but the Kansas City Chiefs are remarkable in a year where they played unevenly on offense most of the season. Patrick Mahomes was as efficient as he's been all season long in the game against Buffalo. And they have still found a way to get back to where we have just become accustomed to them being. You know, for all the talk of parody in the NFL, it's remarkable five of the last five of the last six Super Bowls have featured the Kansas City Chiefs. I was wrong about the Washington and you know, Philadelphia's offense is really something to behold with Sakwan Barkley here, right, And I think the interesting thing about both games was, you know, you saw teams, even with Washington and Buffalo who lost, you saw teams that use their quarterback on the ground. Philadelphia uses that. Jayden dan Niels had a remarkable season for the Commanders. Washington has a very bright future, but the Eagles are kind of a fun success story too, because even though they were in the Super Bowl two years ago, you know, they had such a monumental collapse last year. A lot of folks wondered if it's time for Nick Sirianni the head coach, to be blown out, and instead he's back getting another crack at Patrick Mahomes and company.
Speaker 9: Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: First play from the line of scrimmage, Sequon Barkley is gone.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and you know you could you could feel because Washington got the ball first and had this eighteen play drive that seemingly took forever and it didn't end in a touchdown. But you thought, like, all right, you know, they scored, they got points on the road. If they could get a stop and get the ball back, you know, heck, they're gonna have possession for most of the first half.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: The whole key was keeping Philadelphia's offense on the sideline.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and they did that, right, they did that, And then.
Speaker 16: When Philadelphia finally got on the field, they scored on the first play. Sakewon. Barkley is remarkable, a remarkable player, and there's a reason why he's an MVP finalist.
Speaker 1: You know what I love when people hate on my chiefs, and they have been all season. And I heard it again this week after the victory over Buffalo. It's the referees, it's not your Chiefs, and YadA, YadA, YadA. I'm just so tight. I want to know what gets the taste of the sour grapes out of their mouths, because seemingly nothing has to this.
Speaker 16: I love the people who will allege that the games are fixed but will still watch the games. Right, if you genuinely believed the games were fixed, you would not watch. And yet I think last Sunday's AFC Championship game was the most watched ever I will acknowledge. I mean, look, there was the fourth and inches stop that Kansas City got. I felt like that that have gone either way. But you know, you see you see situations like that in every single game, and you know there should be better and maybe more technologically advanced ways of determining whether a ball crosses the line to gain. But I think the NFL has an officiating problem as a whole, because I think we talked about it way too much. You know, I think this is something you and I focused on after the Bengals lost to Baltimore in Baltimore, where you know, the Bengals are going for a two point conversion that wins the game essentially, or at least gives them a one point lead with roughly thirty seconds to go. And it's a great game, back and forth game, and yet all anybody could talk about after the game is an understandably so Joe Burrow having his face mask pulled while he's trying to throw a pass that would have possibly won the game. And I feel like there are too many instances where instead of the strategies or the mechanics of a great game, we're talking about the officiating. And look that the reality is the Chiefs playing more high profile games than anybody else. They play on more nationally televised games than anybody else, so everything they do comes with increased scrutiny, and they play in a lot of close games. We're an officiating call here, were there? And have they gotten the benefited out when it comes to some of them? Maybe maybe not to benefit it out, but have they gotten the call go their way in a lot of those games?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 16: But do I think that Roger Goodell and the officials are meeting before the game to ensure that the Chiefs get the outcome they look for.
Speaker 1: No thank you, some some semblance of sanity from their world of sports. So here's the thing about this weekend, of course, Pro Bowl weekend. And you and I have talked about this before. You know, now it's not even alleged to be a game. It's flag football. But the whole weekend for Cincinnati Bengals fans has been focused on Joe Burrow's very vocal support of teammates Jamar Chase t Higgins and Trey Hendrickson. We're getting these And Joe in the past has not been that outwardly vocal, but with the spotlight on him there in Florida this weekend, he has been. He's been talking a bunch.
Speaker 16: Yeah, look he's made he's made. No, No, he's not shout of reluctance to express how he feels about specifically t Higgins. Right, So obviously he is a free agent now and Joe wants him back, and I understand why. And I want t Higgins back because I think, you know, we could talk about the sort of player he is, and we could talk about, you know, is he a true number one wide receiver in an offense that has Jamar Chase. I think T Higgins deserves a lot of credit for how he has handled himself over the last year relative to other people who do the same thing. You know, this was a guy who you know, players get the franchise tag and they don't want it, they don't want to sign it, they don't come to training camp. They sign it the very last minute. T Higgins signed his in June, and when asked about well the difficulty of playing under the franchise tag, he goes, dude, I'm making twenty two million bucks, like I'm good, I'm fine, and then showed up, played, hard, played hurt. I think has really done everything you could ask him to do, and so there's a big part of me that wants him back. But this is really no longer the Bengals decision. This is T higgins decision. He is a chief free agency and the team's either inability or reluctance to sign T. Higgins's long term, which I think, frankly is based on some pretty fair factors, like the fact that he has had some durability issues, has led us to a point where now he can choose where he wants to work. And I believe that there is going to be a team that offers him the sort of contract that the Bengals are just not frankly willing to offer him, given the fact that they screwed up the Jamar Chase thing. And that's part of the equation as well. You know, last summer, Chase went to the Bengals and said, I want a contract extension. They didn't get it done when the season starts. The Bengals refused to negotiate during the season, and then what happened. Jamar Chase went out there and had the greatest season that any Bengals wide receiver has ever had, led the league in all three major categories. And it's funny. I read a Q and A with Duke Tobin in The Inquirer this week where he talked about, well, we have a framework for a Jamar Chase deal, and if I'm Jamar Chase, I go, uh oh, that framework doesn't exist anymore because we didn't get the deal done and I went out there and had the greatest season of my career, so now I'm asking for even more money. It just gets us to a point where it feels like it's unlikely that t comes back. And then there's the Trey Hendrickson equation, where Trey is under contract for two thousand and twenty five, but I'm sure is going to be asking for an extension and a pay raise as well. But the Bengals, and usually understandably so, typically don't want to extend players past their age thirty or thirty one season. Trey will be thirty one by the end of this year, and so there's a lot of really interesting balls that are being juggled right now by the front office. And look, a guy like Joe Burrow is gonna want teammates like that to come back. He has been vocal about it. I can understand why. I think from his perspective, I don't know that he is going to lose his mind that the Bengals don't bring T Higgins back.
Speaker 9: I think he is going to.
Speaker 16: Lose his mind that the Bengals failed to replace T Higgins. And I think that's the central issue with this organization. They've let some players leave, and at times understandably so and at times not understandably so. But whether it's Andrew Whitworth nearly a decade ago, or Jesse Bates or any number of players who have left from the Super Bowl run DJ Reader. They've let players go, they haven't found ways to replace them. You're going to lose players, you know, it's a salary cap league. Guys are gonna Guys are gonna go to other teams. They're gonna go seek more money. You're going to decide, you know, what their best years are behind him. All that's okay, But in very few instances have they found ways to replace the players who have left. And I think that's the central issue as it relates to Joe Burrow stating his desire for t Higgins. He's watched what they have done and letting players get away, and he has seen that their plans to replace them haven't worked. And so I think what the key issue is is does Tea leave and if he does, what's the plan to replace him. If it works, I think Joe Burrow is going to be pretty happy if it doesn't look out.
Speaker 1: So any handicapping on MVP, who wins MVP in the NFL.
Speaker 16: I think it's either going to be Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen, And frankly, you are splitting hairs. I would give it to Lamar. And it's a regular season award, So you know, if you're rolling your eyes going away a minute, Lamar had a bunch of turnovers against Buffalo. It's a regular season award. I think Joe Burrow wins it. It's his team's in the postseason. I think he was the best quarterback in the league this year. But you know, the reality is, we haven't had an MVP who didn't make the postseason since OJ Simpson in nineteen seventy three. So the mere fact that Joe is a finalist is actually pretty noteworthy. My guess is it's Lamar, which will be his third. But I do think, you know, used to have this in the NBA all the time, where voters would have fatigue and they would give the MVP to a Carl Malone even though you know Michael Jordan was the best player in the league, just because well, Jordan's already got a couple and so I wonder if that dynamic is in play. But I think it's going to be Lamar or Josh Allen, and I'm, you know, frankly okay with either. But if you're Joe Burrow, you have to be going. You know what, I could be League MVP if my defense and if my team was just a little bit better, the organization and the team failed Joe Burrow in that regard.
Speaker 1: Real quickly, mo. It's the week of the Pebble Beach Golf Tournament, the PGA Golf Tournament at Pebble Beach. It's one of the first major events of the year. And Scheffler's you know, he's still in the mix, even though he's seven back. But the thing that has surprised me because I did not know what a consummate golfer Condoleeza Rice was. She hit some shots. I think that you'd be happy to hit.
Speaker 16: Funny.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that either.
Speaker 16: And I saw I saw some shots on social media last night, and I knew Conda Leeza Rice is a huge sports fan, huge football.
Speaker 9: I didn't know she could swing the stacks.
Speaker 16: Good for her, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Been very impressed. All right, Well, hopefully the weather will get warm faster. The groundhog says, winner's over and you can get back out on the course yourself.
Speaker 16: Noll.
Speaker 1: Wegar have a fantastic weekend. Thank you so much, Mike Allen counselor how are you, bo?
Speaker 12: I'm good, and you know what, not a week goes by that, I don't learn something from you. I had no idea Condi Rice was a big time golfer.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, she's she's one of the amateurs playing around that Pebble Beach pro agm deal. But she she hit a shot. I saw a shot yesterday and she's chipping onto the green and just within like three feet of the cup. She's right there, and she hit some more. As Moe mentioned, you know, there's stuff on social media of showing some some golf shots by Condy Rice, and it's like, don't you think she'd be a great commissioner of the NFL?
Speaker 12: I do too, and I know that's what she wants.
Speaker 1: George W.
Speaker 12: Bush wanted to be a Major League Baseball commissioner. That didn't happen, But yeah, I do. I mean, and there's been talk about that with her. Maybe if there's an opening at some point.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm sure she knows some security intel people should kill kill Roger Goodell and open up the spot. I always I'm not suggesting that should happen. Mind you, what's on the show today, Mike, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 12: Nothing much happened this week, Gary, Jeff, I'm not real sure. Just Of course Trump two point zero is kicking in big time, kicking butt, as is immigration in four. I love it. You know, the chucky schumers of the world are whining and whaling about it. That just makes it only better.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 12: Also the funding free'es on grants and other things that Trump put in earlier in the week, that's getting the whiners and criers.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that blocked by a judge? It was? It was, And you know it's interesting. I'm a lawyer. I'm supposed to know this.
Speaker 12: How one federal judge can block the whole thing for the whole country. That doesn't make sense to me, but I guess he's got the authority to do it. Also, Gary, Jeff, we're going to talk about the DNC electing a new chair today that takes place. Oh really, they had a forum this week that tells me they haven't learned a thing. There was a woman there moaning about, uh, there's no American Indian representation on the DNC. There was another one whining and whaling about transgenders.
Speaker 1: So they don't get it, and that's good. I mean transgender. There's only two genders officially, aren't there? Male and femalix what I was always taught. Well, I think that's been ensconsed in a federal government. Now there's only two Jen it is now you're right. I see what you're saying. And we're gonna talk about that too. We're gonna talk about that specific executive order. Okay, fantastic Mike Allen, Saturday Midday, coming right up after the show, show at Huddles and a reminder, and you know what, I'm gonna hold you to this, Okay, I'm gonna make you condescend and slum down to Huddles or wherever we have the party on Saturday, March fifteenth. Okay, it's the after the show show, the Anniverse, the twenty eighth anniversary party for this show, the Saturday Morning Edition. Mike Allen, will you confirm or deny your presence at least for a few minutes on that day?
Speaker 12: I will confirm as long as I'm in town, which I think I'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: What are you going to travel to the Gulf of America. I don't know. YEA, marry Jeff, Definitely I want to be there, Mike. Mike Allen, Saturday Midday up next on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 23: When I listened to Bill Cunningham, I feel better about America.
Speaker 10: I feel safer.
Speaker 1: You know why, because no one's ever been attacked by syphilitic vampires while listening to williemer no what.
Speaker 3: Godzilla has never attacked either.
Speaker 26: Everybody knows it.
Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham would jack up Godzilla with.
Speaker 3: His mighty fists of freedom.
Speaker 1: Bam bam bamn. Take that to chum. Bill Cunningham is all man. Thank you, Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 26: Bill Cunningham, Monday at twelve noon on seven hundred W L.
Speaker 3: A little on the chili side this morning.
Speaker 17: As tempters have dipped down to the low thirties, we see a decent amount of cloud covers today and tempters top out in the low forties, back down into the low thirties tonight before you're in the upper fifties. On your Sunday firm of Severe Weather station, I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on New Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: Yellowstone Fans, your journey into the Yellowstone Universe starts here.
Speaker 3: Join Bobby Bones on the official Yellow